Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our Captain

Our Captain

Bloody brilliant today, and that pass for Mo's goal was something else.

He’s a gem. One of the best examples of making the most of what you’ve got. And he’s far more gifted than we all originally thought. That pass was just sex

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    He’s a gem. One of the best examples of making the most of what you’ve got. And he’s far more gifted than we all originally thought. That pass was just sex
    Well said. He's blossomed under Klopp and worked hard for it.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Well said. He's blossomed under Klopp and worked hard for it.
    In a nutshell.

Fantastic through ball for the absolute killer goal today too.

Utd could only wish for a midfielder like our Hendo.

Still drastically underrated and under appreciated by a great many people here, an absolutely brilliant captain, absolutely sensational at No6 in the pressing and counter pressing system we play and understands it brilliantly and how it works and what his manager wants when he tweaks the position of the press and does his upmost to make sure every other player does what they need to.

His positioning, reading of the game and knowing where he needs to be in any passage of play and the consistency with which he puts himself in exactly the right, almost perfect position in his place in the press at No6 is where he is absolutely sensational.

His medium to longer passing and top quality switches that reaped significant dividends for us in our title winning season hasn't been anywhere near the level it was in that season since that bad thigh injury he suffered towards the end of that season and that has disappointed me as much as anyone else, he hasn't been as good with the ball as I expect him to be and I think perhaps it is a physical thing, some last after effect of that injury, but what an absolutely brilliant pass of an entirely different type Hendo produced today, De Bruyne or any other rated top midfield plays that pass, SSN are replaying it over and over having an absolute jizzfest over it

I think that pass sums Hendo up, constantly trying to evolve, develop and improve his game, for whatever reason he can't play those medium to long pin point balls over the top and switches since his 19-20 injury as he used to, so he develops another type of passing to use instead
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Awesome pass for Mo's 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Nailed it.

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.

Back to something like his best today, incredible pass for Mo’s 3rd, what a captain.

Where was Fabinho today ?