Page 1 of 14 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Man City set to commission statues of Tierney and Kavanagh

Man City set to commission statues of Tierney and Kavanagh

Premier League club Manchester City are set to commission a statue to PGMOL Professional Game Match Officials Limited Manchester based officials Paul Tierney and Chris Kavanagh from Salford and Ahston-Under-Lyne respectively

The statue is set the feature the pair each grasping a handle each of the Premier League trophy holding it aloft to recognise their incredible efforts in failing to apply the laws of the game in 2 games in particular this season to gift the citizens a 4 points swing, without which, their Premier League triumph today simply would not have been possible

The unprecedented recognition comes after Tierney allegedly failed to see a very clear handball by City player Rodri in the 87th minute of their Premier League game v Everton, a game they then went on to win 1-0, with Kavanagh, the VAR official on that day inexplicably failing to spot the handball by Rodri with the benefit of numerous replays of the incident from numerous angles, him not seeing it frankly being impossible, so they are set to recognise his brazen disregard for and failure to apply the laws of the game and correctly advise Tierney to award a penalty in lieu of payment made to him by people acting for their clubs owners

It is also to recognise the very same from Tierney and Kavanagh in Liverpool's game v Tottenham at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, when both working in the same capacity failed to apply the laws of the game and/or VAR officials Kavanagh to fail to advise Tierney he had made a clear and obvious error under the laws of the game in his decisions to award Kane a yellow card rather than a red and in not awarding Liverpool a penalty for a clear foul of Diogo Jota by Tottenham wing back Emerson Royal, the Liverpool forward clearly not having initiated contact with the defender as Tierney claimed to have believed, this being the reason given to Kavanagh by Tierney for not having awarded a penalty

The commissioning of the statue by Manchester City does not come as a surprise to most commentators, pundits, opposition fans, media sources or neutrals, as most are fully aware that but for the actions of Tierney and Kavanagh, City would not have won the Premier League trophy today, having been handed it by officials as they were in the 18-19 season, very much in the manner Max Verstappen was handed the F1 Drivers Championship trophy by F1 Race Director Michael Masi, in equally farcical fashion, making an equally complete mockery of months of an entire season and the competition in the process, the only difference, duly noted by all concerned, is Masi was relieved of his position following his actions, Mike Riley, Paul Tierney and Chris Kavanagh have retained their positions to continuing doing the same for a further 3 seasons.
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 22nd May 2022 at 09:07 PM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

In the words of a children's favourite LET IT GO!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    In the words of a children's favourite LET IT GO!
    As I said to Southern Boy, you lot keep saying let it go, it keeps happening every fucking season, whatever we do we ARE going to drop points, City ARE going to drop points, if officials gift them 2 points in a couple of game and take 2 off us in just one, the margin are so fucking small we lose because of plain wrong officiating, not because they were the better side

If we do nothing about it, and say nothing about it, if we do not take the strongest course of action and every avenue of action available to us to stop it, it will continue every season, with the same result

18-19 did us for about a 12 points swing - Anthonhy Taylor failed to correctly apply the laws of the game in not sending Kompany off in the deciding game between the 2 sides either

20-21 Did us for a 15 point swing

21-22 Did us for 9-12 points swing

Is someone persistently shits on you and rips the absolute piss and you do not do everything in your power to stop it, they keep doing it

It remains absolutely astonishing that given their past decisions in games involving both sides and that Tierney is from Salford and Kavanagh from Ashton-Under-Lyne that either are allowed to officiate game involving either side, let alone one be the referee and the other on VAR, it's an absolute fucking joke

You are quite right off course 19, we should all stand up to injustice and stand up for what is right.

You may also be 100% correct on the decisions you mention but, are you sure there are no other decisions that went for us and against opponents that mitigate these things? I mean have you accounted for everything?

I am not saying you haven’t or that there is but I feel like over an entire season so many decisions can go either way.

I love the statue hambit, very cool and funny, sadly containing too many truths.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    As I said to Southern Boy, you lot keep saying let it go, it keeps happening every fucking season, whatever we do we ARE going to drop points, City ARE going to drop points, if officials gift them 2 points in a couple of game and take 2 off us in just one, the margin are so fucking small we lose because of plain wrong officiating, not because they were the better side

If we do nothing about it, and say nothing about it, if we do not take the strongest course of action and every avenue of action available to us to stop it, it will continue every season, with the same result

18-19 did us for about a 12 points swing - Anthonhy Taylor failed to correctly apply the laws of the game in not sending Kompany off in the deciding game between the 2 sides either

20-21 Did us for a 15 point swing

21-22 Did us for 9-12 points swing

Is someone persistently shits on you and rips the absolute piss and you do not do everything in your power to stop it, they keep doing it

It remains absolutely astonishing that given their past decisions in games involving both sides and that Tierney is from Salford and Kavanagh from Ashton-Under-Lyne that either are allowed to officiate game involving either side, let alone one be the referee and the other on VAR, it's an absolute fucking joke
    Breaching FFP and the decision being overturned is the only cheating I see to be honest.

Steveo has pointed out that decisions this season have gone our way too this season. Overall, it is their abundance of quality that made the difference 19. Even if they cheated ffp. You can't deny their quality

Its gonna be a statute of Rodri with the ball stuck to his lower arm and then another statute close by of Kavanagh hunched over walking with white stick..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

He is right despite sounding obsessed by it ( but there's nothing wrong in that). What oisses me off do much is that nobody is calling it out.
    We've said this a million times on here, nobody is saying anything about it.
    It's like the Tories. Nobody in the right place is saying it because its all under fucking control by the media.
    It's sad and infuriating in equal measure.
    We are so bitter now as its had a direct impact on us a few times now, to think ten years ago we were happy just to see them stopping the Mancs.

I am usually a little pissed off by poor results then after a few minutes i get over it.. But i was fecked off almost all evening over the non penalty in the Everton-Man-city game. Until this day i still cant work out why it wasnt given. Other than bias and cheating
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    You are quite right off course 19, we should all stand up to injustice and stand up for what is right.

You may also be 100% correct on the decisions you mention but, are you sure there are no other decisions that went for us and against opponents that mitigate these things? I mean have you accounted for everything?

I am not saying you haven’t or that there is but I feel like over an entire season so many decisions can go either way.

I love the statue write up, very cool and funny, sadly containing too many truths.
    There are more decisions for both sides, they all fall into the 'seen them given' category, IE the ref makes the decision, some people from either side might disagree with the decision, VAR can't overrule the ref or advise him to change his decision because they fall into the 'seen them given' 'sometimes they're given, sometimes they're not' area they can't detemne a clear and obvious error has been made

I have stuck with just these 3 decisions precisely because the law on handball and the law and new interpretation on meaningful contact and the forward initiating contact are absolutely crystal clear

Handball - Is the hand/arm in an unnatural position - Does the ball strike the arm in an area below the shirt sleeve line

That is very clear, the penalty given to City v Wolves did not match that criteria on the footage available to VAR, but VAR failed to correctly apply the laws of the game and advise the ref to overturn his decision

The penalty not given to Everton in their game v City exactly and very clearly matched the criteria for a penalty to be awarded, in open play and in the footage available to VAR, VAR deliberately failed to correctly apply the laws of the game and advise the referee to change his decision

In the Spurs game the Kane challenge clearly matched the criteria for reckless, high and out of control challenge, VAR failed to correctly apply the laws of the game and advise the referee to revise his decision

For the Jota non penalty, match referee Tierney advised Kavanagh (VAR) he had not given a penalty as he believed Jota has initiated the contact - All the available replays showed Jota had not initiated the contact - VAR failed to correctly apply the laws of the game and advise the referee his belief Jota had initiated contact was incorrect and he had therefore made a clear and obvious error

These are the clear ones that fall into the category of match officials failing to correctly apply the laws of the game, which with VAR footage, there can be absolutely no excuse for, that can only be attributed to match fixing and clear and deliberate bias, paid for, or through historic bias

The same way there can be no excuse for Tierney to 'blow up' for half time 20 seconds shy of the 1 minute injury time on the board when Mane happens to be clean through one on one with De Gea and the laws of the game stipulate 'match officials must play a minimum of the allocated additional time displayed on the board

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Breaching FFP and the decision being overturned is the only cheating I see to be honest.

Steveo has pointed out that decisions this season have gone our way too this season. Overall, it is their abundance of quality that made the difference 19. Even if they cheated ffp. You can't deny their quality
    I'm not denying their quality, but when they were struggling for their best form and having a few 1-0's and were struggling v Wolves, they were given a penalty incorrectly there was no excuse whatsoever for VAR not to overturn NONE

When we'd closed the gap and they desperately needed 3 points v Everton and had only got a slender 1-0 lead and on 87 minutes Rodri very clearly handballed, VAR failed to apply the laws of the game and advise the ref to award a penalty

You seem to be forgetting that the gravity of this penalty not being given was so immense that Mike Riley issued an apology to Lampard and Everton's Chairman for 'a mistake in missing Rodri's handball' excuse me Doc, we've all seen the footage, the laws of the game on handball are absolutely crystal clear, Kavanagh saw the same footage we have all seen, that is very obviously NOT a mistake, you can't fucking miss Rodri handballing it and it precisely matching the criteria for a penalty being awarded, it is match fixing and clear and deliberate bias and Kavanagh should be interviewed under caution for that offence, not the subject of an internet debate

Kavanagh's mistake gave City 2 points they shouldn't have, they won the league by 1 point