Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Man United

Your team v Man United

Eeesh. Not the start to the season we wanted. Encouraging performance mind.

Last season saw an aggregate 9-0 for us in our games against historic rivals Manchester United.

If the Reds are off to a shaky start, then Man United look to be off to a terrible one.

Both sides will enter the side with a bit to prove, with Liverpool at least having put in a respectable performance against Crystal Palace. The Red Devils on the other hand will be coming off the back of a 4-0 thumping from Brentford.

Shiny new striker Darwin Núñez will be on the naughty step for a while due to an incredibly foolish head-in-face incident in the Palace game, the first Liverpool player to be sent off in his debut since Joe Cole against Arsenal in the Hodgson.....eh....."era"......hopefully he can go on to learn from the incident.

As for injuries, a few thankfully seem to be short-term, so my selection is based on an element of guesswork and hope as to who may be back.

......................Alisson

Trent......Matip.......Van Dijk.....Robertson

.......................Henderson

................Elliott.........Milner

Salah..............Firmino...........Diaz
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

I’d play Salah down the middle and Carvalho on the wing.

United will be thinking they can get something out of the game.

We look almost as disjointed

Salah doesn’t look like scoring, I might stick Diaz down the middle with Carvalho on the left.

Not looking forward to this game at all.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Nor me - a chance for them to out point us despite losing their first 2.

Have mentioned it before but Klopp looks like a mortal, he doesn’t have that joy or that confidence he usually exudes. Looks a little like he did in January 2021. Eek

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I'm confident we'll get chances - we do need Salah or Diaz (ideally both!) to be on it.

What concerns me is them turning it into a dogfight. They are fast becoming Everton and my worry is nasty challenges against our players.

They're trying to learn under new Management with players that are bereft of confidence - I think if we score first they will wilt so a quick start has to be the aim.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Nor me - a chance for them to out point us despite losing their first 2.

Have mentioned it before but Klopp looks like a mortal, he doesn’t have that joy or that confidence he usually exudes. Looks a little like he did in January 2021. Eek
    Aye he doesn't seem boyaunt for the start of a new season. Injury situation will be pissing him off plus I'm not at all buying the spiel about "solutions are within the squad " regarding our midfield.

Quite right tees. He is just as pissed off with Henry and co as he was in January 2021. That was as close as he came to calling the geezer out. It’s written all over his face.

According to here, Jota being available looks most likely.
    Due to return that day.
    https://www.premierinjuries.com/injury-table.php

Matip was down as a tight groin, and Bobby muscular injury, both without a return date.

In Klopps 433

Alisson
    Gomez Nat VVD Robbo
    Fab Hendo Carvalho
    Salah Jota Diaz

Putting Hendo at 6 so there's no doubt his role is stop goals going in at the back.
    Fab at RCM will know he's responsible to get Gomez up the pitch and provide an effective buffer for our weaker right side, defensively.
    Gone for Carvalho at lcm. Longer term think we need our lcm to be the attacking one.

Gone for Gomez at right back as Trent has been poor by my eye in both games. There's swagger, and there's a bit too much, nonchalance. The bench usually cures that
    Nat at CB as a result, felt Virgil kind of did him for our goal.
    Virgil had Zaha who drifted off him onto Nat, Virgil playing for offside and watching couldn't come round on the cover quick enough.

Gk and Front 3 picks itself presently.

If Jotas not back. Elliot or Keita comes in at lcm for me and Carvalho to left wing and Diaz CF. I'd probably just go for Keita over Elliot at lcm, but Elliotts in pole position as he's got minutes.
    Last edited by CCTV; 16th August 2022 at 01:44 AM.

Our midfield issues are of Jurgen's own creation, he's done this since ripping up what worked by far the best in his time here in 19-20 and showing too much faith in players who have consistently failed to deliver and buying the wrong type of player rather than ones who aren't as sexy but can play the stock passes and switches that would facilitate the team playing at its highest levels

Anyway, it is what it is, we're rapidly slipping backwards, he'll never accept he needs to ditch Fab and bring in a No6 with the superior actual midfielder's reading of the game Fab so desperately lacks and will never have as demonstrated in abundance for all Palace's best chances yesterday and with the variety of and type of passes and switches and consistency of them, whether they look sexy or not, to make the play and release all our players and bring them into play as Hendo did better than any other player has under Jurgen's tenure before he fucked it off voluntarily

Here's the team he'll never pick

Alisson

Trent Matip Van Dijk Robertson

Elliott Henderson Milner

Salah Carvalho Diaz

Need the analysis team to work with Elliott and Hendo to help him out as to how best move opposition players about with simple basic movement and interchanging of positions with Mo and Trent to make our right side as effective as last season

Brilliant goal from Diaz, his first goal in the mould of the ones he scored in abundance for Porto gives me hope he may well start delivering that more frequently now, it was his trademark finished that he tried and tried and tried to replicate numerous times since arriving and failed to, now he finally has, let's hope he can do it consistently

Highlights of this season so far Diaz's goal, THE highlight, taking Fab off v Fulham and putting Hendo at No6, I have absolutely no idea why any professional football manager would start Fab at No6 ahead of Hendo or leave him on the pitch when we're chasing a goal and need more creativity and better passing from No6
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”