PDA

View Full Version : Ufc 229

fagin
7th October 2018, 06:35 AM
Best Ufc fight ever seeing McGregor totally get his clock cleaned by a real World Champion

Balinkay
7th October 2018, 09:03 AM
Haha - headlines look like there was some scrap after the match.

Clungeman
8th October 2018, 09:33 AM
It'll be interesting to see what MacGregor does from here - I suspect there'll be a rematch for ridiculous money, but based on the little I saw, I think he will lose again and that might well be him done in UFC.

He's tried the boxing thing, made a load of money, but ultimately failed miserably. I must admit though, I would love to see a MacGregor / Mayweather rematch but under UFC rules - just to see Floyd absolutely battered!

When do we think MacGregor is going to bow to the inevitable and get on the phone to Vince McMahon?

Balinkay
8th October 2018, 12:32 PM
Sooner rather than later I hope! Wrestling, when done right, is fucking amazing.

Clungeman
8th October 2018, 03:12 PM
Sooner rather than later I hope! Wrestling, when done right, is fucking amazing.

Totally agree with you. The sad thing is though that it hasn't been done right in WWE for quite some time now. I have't watched it consistently since I moved out to Brussels about 18 months ago, I saw the Royal Rumble and bit of Wrestlemania but that's about it.

I'm much more of a Lucha Underground fan these days - now that is wrestling done right!

Balinkay
8th October 2018, 04:21 PM
I should check it out - never been a huge wrestling fan, but I've found myself a lot more appreciative of the art in the last few years.

Clungeman
15th October 2018, 10:40 AM
So now Nurmagomedov wants a piece of Floyd Mayweather, the lines between MMA, Boxing and Pro-Wrestling are getting more and more blurry...

https://www.bbc.com/sport/mixed-martial-arts/45855470

Clungeman
15th November 2018, 12:14 PM
I should check it out - never been a huge wrestling fan, but I've found myself a lot more appreciative of the art in the last few years.

Season 4 of Lucha Underground finished just last week. Quality stuff from them, they've put the fun back in wrestling and gone back to the time when "kayfabe" was everything.

If you're wanting to watch wrestling at the moment, I can't recommend it highly enough. But I would say that you need to start with Season 1 and give it a few episodes until they find their feet.