PDA

View Full Version : Immense Pride

Insidious
15th April 2019, 08:09 AM
Will keep this one short.

No matter what happens this season - whether we unexpectedly get beaten 3-0 in Portugal, fall one point short in the League, or win a fantastic Double, I am so proud of this team, how far the supporters have come in terms of the "Doubters to Believers" and so pleased with what Klopp and the lads have achieved, be it recruitment or a maturing style of play - just the entire package.

It's a damned good time to be a Red. If we win our remaining 4 games, we'll end up on 97 points - if that were to happen we'd have finished with a higher points tally than any of Fergie's United sides, or indeed Mourinho's 04/05 Chelsea which seemed nigh-on invincible - that's how good we are - and it'd be easy to forget if we ended up finishing second.

We are absolutely boss. What's so lovely about this time around is that, unlike 13/14, there's much less sense of "it HAS to be now" - I have every Faith that if we fall short this season we will challenge again next season - and that we still have a few fun years of Klopp at the club.

What a match yesterday - and Salah's goal, unreal.

Absolutely beaming this Morning and very much looking forward to Wednesday. We surely aren't conceding four and are very likely to score the one goal we need to put Porto in that position of needing that many - so we should be going through.

Over the Moon with what we're achieving.

We finished 14/15 in 6th place with 62 point - Brendan's last full season.
We finished 15/16 in 8th place and with 60 points - Klopp having joined us in October that season.

We've been to a Europa League final and a Champion's League final under Jurgen - plus a League Cup final - and made continual progress in the League. We also, to date, have won every tie in the 2-legs format in Europe that we've been in - that'll come to an end of course, but what a record thus far!

Phenomenal progress. Just phenomenal. Proud of everyone associated with LFC right now.

Allez Allez Allez. We're never going to stop.

teesred
15th April 2019, 09:00 AM
Great post Sid, agree fully. We are all going to be so down if we dont win something though. I honestley feel like this team is luke Jimmy White in the world snooker championship. If he'd won it he would have cleaned up for years.....but he never did, he just needed that first one to get him started. We just need that one trophy to start it off.
One things for sure, keep hold of VvD and it will eventually happen, He is the lynchpin of this side now.

southernboy
15th April 2019, 11:21 AM
Well said Sid; sums up how I feel. Sadly, many of our 'supporters' and all of the media will label us as bottlers etc., if we don't win something this season. They'll be analysts saying we'll never win anything under Klopp. The usual shite but it'll hurt so much more.

TheDOC1979
15th April 2019, 12:42 PM
What happened to keeping it Short???

Totally agree though

RedNoodle
15th April 2019, 03:16 PM
What happened to keeping it Short???

Totally agree though

That was a short post from Sid. It was also legible, which is a bonus. :p

Nineteenx
15th April 2019, 04:47 PM
Agree, Jurgen's built a great side that it's an absolute joy to watch, that Keita Fabinho Henderson midfield is looking fantastic and has so much potential to become a lot better and it's only 2 and a half games old! Then there's the summer to come when i'm certain Jurgen will add another top class CB to partner Virgil, the current world's best and add 2 or 3 more top top quality players who are perfect for our system and style of play to our attack, so we'll be even better and stronger next season, players will be at higher performance levels as we'll finally be able to give players a games rest without it being a massive risk or drop in quality and we'll finally have a bench that can change games and will strike the fear of God into opponents.

Immensely proud and excited, make mine a double lads

TheDOC1979
15th April 2019, 08:34 PM
That was a short post from Sid. It was also legible, which is a bonus. :p

Haha

Insidious
22nd April 2019, 07:15 PM
That Cardiff game exemplified our "new" attitude to games.

We know we'll get the business done eventually - the belief that with patience we will eventually break a side down is wonderful.

A far cry from the 09/10 - 12/13 years. I can't remember which game it was, but I believe we were 2 goals ahead of Arsenal and they either got a first goal to make it 2-1 or a 2nd goal to make it 2-2, but our player's heads all dropped together because of the sense of inevitability that we would lose the game, even though the goal scored didn't actually put us behind in the game.

Tough times!

Clungeman
23rd April 2019, 07:17 AM
It's a weird situation in a way; we could end up with a Champions League win, and 97 points on the board and yet still feel disappointed somehow...

Insidious
23rd April 2019, 08:01 AM
It's a weird situation in a way; we could end up with a Champions League win, and 97 points on the board and yet still feel disappointed somehow...

We could, but as long as our fans keep it in perspective and we don't have any "Klopp has taken us as a far as we can go" weirdos, we'll be fine.

We have 2 more points than the 08/09 side acquired and we still have 9 more points available to play for - with the League being arguably more competitive now than it was then.

We're very, very good.

Clungeman
23rd April 2019, 09:12 AM
We could, but as long as our fans keep it in perspective and we don't have any "Klopp has taken us as a far as we can go" weirdos, we'll be fine.

We have 2 more points than the 08/09 side acquired and we still have 9 more points available to play for - with the League being arguably more competitive now than it was then.

We're very, very good.

Don't get me wrong, we have now probably the best side I have seen since the days of Barnes, Beardsley, Aldridge etc were all in their pomp. But it's a bitter pill to swallow that we could be so good and yet number 19 might still slip from our grasp.

shminkyred
23rd April 2019, 10:08 AM
It's so sad I've not been able to appreciate how totally brilliant we have been this season

Sometimes I think it's harder for us older guys because we know how its supposed to be..

jozza800
23rd April 2019, 11:05 AM

We're very, very good.

Certainly looks like it's harder to win. City's last two seasons will average 99pts should they win their last 4 games! What kind of crazy world are we living where you need 100pts to win the league.

We could end up winning 30 of our 38 games. Dropping only 4 points at home. Only droping 4 points to teams outside of the 'top 6'.

We've been pretty phenomanal in terms of results. We've ground out a lot of results without getting anywhere near top gear. I would say we've probably played 'really' well in only 10 or 12 games this season, which makes our points total even more remarkable.

Nineteenx
29th April 2019, 05:08 AM
Echoed again tonight with Virgil picking up the players player PFA award and 3 of our other players, Robertson, Trent and Mane making the 11, and it could and should have been mre.

Virgil's acceptance speech was absolutely oozing with the same class he displays for us week in week out on the pitch, taking the time to praise everyone who has played a part in his career so far and all his team mates and the staff in every department of the club

CCTV
29th April 2019, 06:05 AM
Echoed again tonight with Virgil picking up the players player PFA award and 3 of our other players, Robertson, Trent and Mane making the 11, and it could and should have been mre.

Virgil's acceptance speech was absolutely oozing with the same class he displays for us week in week out on the pitch, taking the time to praise everyone who has played a part in his career so far and all his team mates and the staff in every department of the club

Total footballer :)

Insidious
1st May 2019, 10:16 PM
I've mentally prepared myself for the worst-case scenario of losing to Newcastle after tonight's match.

With that in mind, if that worst-case scenario pans out, we can't let one week of football tarnish what has been one Hell of a season.

To juggle this points total and a Champion's League campaign where we went deep is a phenomenal achievement.

In 08/09 we got 86 points and a Champion's League quarter-final.
In 13/14 we got 84 points and weren't even in Europe.

This juggle of 91 points (could be 97) plus a Champion's League semi-final is huge work.

Kev0909
1st May 2019, 10:18 PM
Glad we'll have a lot to show for it.

Noone remembers 2nd place or semi finalists really, well we will but yeah

Insidious
1st May 2019, 10:28 PM
Glad we'll have a lot to show for it.

Noone remembers 2nd place or semi finalists really, well we will but yeah

The hunger for success having been denied it in such cruel fashion has the capacity to galvanise this team and this fanbase yet further.

We look like a side that can genuinely compete regularly, which I'd much rather have than a flash-in-the-pan win a la Leicester.

Enormous progress this year - absolutely enormous.

Kev0909
1st May 2019, 10:30 PM
The hunger for success having been denied it in such cruel fashion has the capacity to galvanise this team and this fanbase yet further.

We look like a side that can genuinely compete regularly, which I'd much rather have than a flash-in-the-pan win a la Leicester.

Enormous progress this year - absolutely enormous.

True any other season we'd of won it, which makes it even more frustrating, if only we didn't have a few of them draws.

Insidious
1st May 2019, 10:35 PM
True any other season we'd of won it, which makes it even more frustrating, if only we didn't have a few of them draws.

If only we weren't against a financially doped side with previously injury-prone players making suspicious trips to Spain and suddenly having all the energy in the World you mean :)

What we're done on a very tilted playing field is phenomenal. Thankfully Pep won't be there forever.

SydneyLFC
1st May 2019, 11:37 PM
You can have success without winning.

Insidious
2nd May 2019, 12:24 AM
You can have success without winning.

You absolutely can - provided we avoid the extreme end of that spectrum (Everton!) there is a lot to be said for taking pride in genuine elevation of your level.

Klopp has made Liverpool relevant again at the top end of the Premier League and in the Champion's League. Heck, if we somehow pull off a miracle and do reach the Champion's League final (and for talk's sake we lost 1-0) people could potentially look back in years to come and say "remember the '17-19 side? Almost won the League and two Champion's Leagues in 2 seasons, madness" - nobody wants to be runner-up of course, but to be that competitive in the first place is pretty impressive.

As it stands, we've had a great season, which may have a twist or two in the tale yet. We could potentially go into next Tuesday's Barca game knowing that a win against Wolves after our Barca game wins us the League - who knows?

Nineteenx
2nd May 2019, 12:24 AM
I thought our lads were immense v Barcelona tonight, every team will have a game in which they do everything right, play brilliantly but just can't put the damned thing in the back of the net and don't get a single break while the opposition get them all.

Also while you're working so hard to be as good as you can be, to get to the top as a team you have major disappointments, how you come back from and react to those disappointments and learn from them is a very big step along the way, sometimes you have to lose to get better.

What a team we have, what they've shown on the back of last year's Champions League final defeat, and the manner of it, our player of the season being nobbled, their reaction this season has been incredible, now we need to pick ourselves up and improve again, we still have a League title and Champions League final to play for and neither is over just yet

miller0863
2nd May 2019, 12:32 AM
Yes 19 mate, yes.

Above all I wanted us to be competing and that we are most definitely doing.

teesred
2nd May 2019, 12:37 AM
Agree 19. The 3 - 0 is a really unfair reflection but "thems the breaks". The difference tonight was the best player of the last 30 years if not all time.
Its hard to take to take having such a good season and more than likely not having any silver to show. Not out of the question but out of pur hands in terms of the league and out of the ordinary in terms of turning over a 3-0 defecit against Barca.
I really do worry we wont get over the line. This squad needs a trophy soon as it will be a major travesty if we end up like KK's Newcastle side.

CCTV
2nd May 2019, 12:48 AM
3-2 loss might have been fairer -.they were clinical tonight.

Nineteenx
2nd May 2019, 12:57 AM
Clinical? Lucky and brilliant, first goal was clinical and came when we momentarily lost focus immediately after a sub, second goal was pure luck, hw many times an effort like that hits the bar and goes over or drops kindly for the keeper or defender, but this one bounces right into Messi's path leaving our keeper and defenders stranded, the third was brilliant

Still immensely proud and still all to play for

Steveo
2nd May 2019, 02:28 AM
Ultimately Barca did to us what we have done to plenty this season. They were not in top gear at all tonight - rode their luck - got some luck then found a way to win handsomely.

We had a few chances - some of them we really should have buried but hey ho.

We should definitely all be proud of the current squad and manager who have been absolutely outstanding this season. If we don’t have anything to show for it - it will be a tragedy but that is how this cruel game works.

toneata
2nd May 2019, 08:07 AM
Anybody seeing that score this morning will think we got hammered, but we went to the Nou Camp and outplayed them for large parts of the game (the stats must back that up?), we played without an ounce of fear and at times looked like the home team. Who goes there and does that?
I doubt we'll get through but as long as we beat them at home that's all you can ask for now, and losing in the CL semi final to Barca with Messi in that form isn't something to be ashamed of.

We'd have won the title by now in 33 of the last 37 years, that's how good this side is, we're matching the most expensive team ever assembled and there's still a chance we can do it. It's been an incredible season and there's nothing to suggest this is a one off, we'll be right amongst it next season and I can't wait to see this team evolve.

Insidious
2nd May 2019, 08:46 AM
Also while you're working so hard to be as good as you can be, to get to the top as a team you have major disappointments, how you come back from and react to those disappointments and learn from them is a very big step along the way, sometimes you have to lose to get better.

Juventus have an insane habit of losing finals since their Champion's League final in 1995.
Benfica have lost 8 European finals in a row.

On Juventus, they lost to Barcelona in 2015 and to Real Madrid in 2017. Bayern Munich lost in 2010 in 2012 (Inter Milan and Chelsea) before finally managing in the 2013 final against Dortmund. Atletico Madrid lost to Real Madrid twice in both of their European finals - imagine us losing to United in such circumstances.

Football can be cruel - but it's about whether or not we let it galvanise us or not - and I think we can. A potentially 97-point yielding season whilst juggling a Champion's League campaign while we still have room for improvement should be evidence that we'll be challenging again soon - a very relevant European side - and that's where we want to be.

We'll see where we are come Tuesday.

LEGS
2nd May 2019, 10:30 AM
We have moved forward so much in the last few seasons and we now do have a team who can challenge for the trophies.

What worries me now is what has happened to us in the past when we have fallen just short and that is we sell our better players we need to hang onto VVD, Mane and Salah unless the offer is stupid and i'm talking £150-200m per player.

The 3 clubs to worry about are Barca, Madrid and City as they can offer them more money & greater chance of trophies PSG are no threat as none of our players will join them.

teesred
2nd May 2019, 10:40 AM
We have moved forward so much in the last few seasons and we now do have a team who can challenge for the trophies.

What worries me now is what has happened to us in the past when we have fallen just short and that is we sell our better players we need to hang onto VVD, Mane and Salah unless the offer is stupid and i'm talking £150-200m per player.

The 3 clubs to worry about are Barca, Madrid and City as they can offer them more money & greater chance of trophies PSG are no threat as none of our players will join them.

That is exactly my worry too. The squad needs to win something soon.

Red October
2nd May 2019, 12:09 PM
Juventus have an insane habit of losing finals since their Champion's League final in 1995.
Benfica have lost 8 European finals in a row.

On Juventus, they lost to Barcelona in 2015 and to Real Madrid in 2017. Bayern Munich lost in 2010 in 2012 (Inter Milan and Chelsea) before finally managing in the 2013 final against Dortmund. Atletico Madrid lost to Real Madrid twice in both of their European finals - imagine us losing to United in such circumstances.

Football can be cruel - but it's about whether or not we let it galvanise us or not - and I think we can. A potentially 97-point yielding season whilst juggling a Champion's League campaign while we still have room for improvement should be evidence that we'll be challenging again soon - a very relevant European side - and that's where we want to be.

We'll see where we are come Tuesday.

Some great posts on this thread. So much to be positive about. Let's face it; in Brendan's last season we'd have bitten hands off to have Klopp as manager and be fighting for the title and Champions Leagues. Go back a few years further and it seemed like a dream in the post-Rafa period. The owners bringing in Klopp and backing him has brought us back from the dead. Would be great to get the league monkey off our backs. If we could get a couple of goals at home to Barca it would put a bit of respectability on the scoreline. Sport is cruel and Barca have that cutting edge. How can Salah, Milner and even Mane look in the mirror today after missing clear-cut chances? I mean Salah of all people? Open goal!!

Heart-breaking to finish with nothing this season but let's hope we might have a sting in the tail yet....

come on Leicester....!!!

vin
2nd May 2019, 01:11 PM
This isn't the end, this is the begining.

Players do leave but if you are challenging and in CL semi finals and finals it is easier to keep players. I'm not naive, some players will be drawn to "bigger" clubs but I suspect that they would do that regardless of trophy status

Nineteenx
2nd May 2019, 04:17 PM

Players do leave but if you are challenging and in CL semi finals and finals it is easier to keep players. I'm not naive, some players will be drawn to "bigger" clubs but I suspect that they would do that regardless of trophy status

I think ours have ambitions of ruling the roost for quite a few years in Liverpool red, the other thing that keeps players happy is the quality around them, we have that in every position for the first time in 20 odd years and we're certain to add 2 or 3 more absolutely top class players in the summer

LEGS
2nd May 2019, 05:33 PM
I think ours have ambitions of ruling the roost for quite a few years in Liverpool red, the other thing that keeps players happy is the quality around them, we have that in every position for the first time in 20 odd years and we're certain to add 2 or 3 more absolutely top class players in the summer

You seem convinced by these 3 top players coming in !

I hope you are right with some luck we can move Sturridge Moreno Lallana Lovren for a start.

Nineteenx
2nd May 2019, 05:47 PM
You seem convinced by these 3 top players coming in !

I hope you are right with some luck we can move Sturridge Moreno Lallana Lovren for a start.

I am convinced, it's absolutely necessary, we have Sturridge (free), Origi, Shaqiri, Grujic, Lallana, Lovren, Ings, Clyne, Moreno and a few other fringe players and loanees to move on, probably bring in 200m in fees plus cutting the wage bill significantly and we'll get almost 100m from our Champions League progress so far. Lots of rumours, lots of made up one's 3 or 4 that are long term targets who are finally becoming available.

I think the squad will be stripped back a little with 3-5 youngsters brought into it and the rest all being top quality

Insidious
3rd May 2019, 08:59 AM

Indeed.

15/16 - Europa League final (League Cup final too but I don't think that draws transfer targets to be fair)
16/17 - 76 points finish to attain Top Four.
17/18 - 75 point finish to remain Top Four + juggle a European campaign to reach the Champion's League final
18/19 - Champion's League semi-final (possible miracle yet?) and an over-90-points-season

1. We are very competitive - a European semi-final in 3 of our 4 seasons under Klopp, finishing top four in each of the three seasons he's had the reigns from the start - 15/16 very much being a "Year Zero".
2. We have one of the most appealing coaches to play for in World football.
3. We seemingly have some money to spend - largely because we keep going deep in Europe - 10/11 (assuming we lose to Barcelona on aggregate) wins in European knock-out rounds is incredible work and keeps revenue coming in.
4. We have a squad that people would want to join.

This is the best position we've been in for a long, long time. If we keep our best players (in a better position to do so than before) and can add a key ingredient or two whilst trimming the squad, we'll be in an even better one - all at a time while United, Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea aren't at their best, which buys us a little time to further enhance ourselves.

We're in a great spot. Also, the season may yet have one final twist in its' tail - who knows.

miller0863
3rd May 2019, 10:15 AM
Well said Sid

Aldo1988
3rd May 2019, 11:06 AM
If we win both the Prem and the CL from the position we are in now, it will be the greatest achievement any British club has ever made, much more than the scum winning the treble.

Balinkay
3rd May 2019, 12:02 PM
If we win both the Prem and the CL from the position we are in now, it will be the greatest achievement any British club has ever made, much more than the scum winning the treble.

Yes.

Insidious
4th May 2019, 11:24 PM
94 points.

Absolutely bonkers.

Wonderful achievement.

Nineteenx
4th May 2019, 11:30 PM
94 points.

Absolutely bonkers.

Wonderful achievement.

So proud of our lads, today's performance too, out on their feet, Newcastle with Rafa at the healm having had all week to drill them laboriously on what positions they must be in to block all our lines of play and the space we like to move into, lost Mo with 20 minutes left and still, from somewhere, found the goal to get the win, simply immense, great team, great players, but massive heart, character and resilience, we fight for absolutely everything, brilliant, now let's get a famous 4-0 win on Tuesday

miller0863
5th May 2019, 12:16 AM
As posted on the match thread ...

24 points clear of 3rd place Spurs and if we win our final game, we will finish 40 points clear of 7th.
Mental.

Nineteenx
5th May 2019, 12:27 AM
94 points so far.....................

southernboy
5th May 2019, 12:56 AM
Crazy that until relatively recently I was worried about spurs, now we’re 24 points ahead of them. I know they’ve been rubbish lately, but we’ve been absolutely relentless. Staggering in all honesty. This squad of players has shocked and proved me wrong time after time.

HLOGI
5th May 2019, 07:43 AM
Wearing my red shirt with chest out and immense pride this morning. YNWA

LFC-DPG
5th May 2019, 08:17 AM
Has any team got to 94 points before and not won the league?

Edit: Most points in a season without winning the league: 89, Manchester United (2011–12)

stevie harkness
5th May 2019, 08:42 AM
Has any team got to 94 points before and not won the league?

Edit: Most points in a season without winning the league: 89, Manchester United (2011–12)

Soon to be surpassed by their neighbours City

sydenham red
5th May 2019, 09:48 AM
Brighton now safe too, freedom to play however they like against city with an extra day to recover. They arent great true but it will be city who are the more nervous the longer it stays 0-0 or if they only 1 up. Irrelevant of course if Brendan and his merry Foxes take their chances tomorrow

miller0863
5th May 2019, 10:31 AM
Good early morning fighting talk Stevie.

stevie harkness
5th May 2019, 10:50 AM
Good early morning fighting talk Stevie.

May Bank Holiday weekend and there's still hope in our hearts...

Insidious
7th May 2019, 11:23 PM
Even more pride in the club than I had when I made the thread.

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful.

teesred
7th May 2019, 11:31 PM
Even more pride in the club than I had when I made the thread.

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful.

Yep. We are one of the best sides in the world. June 1st will prove it.

Nineteenx
7th May 2019, 11:35 PM
Words failed everyone tonight, this is a very special manager and group of players, they've been brilliant all season, they've grown and learnt so much as the season has gone on and with that courage, heart, application and determination i've no doubt whatsoever will continue to grow. So immensely proud of every single one of them.

dicko1969
7th May 2019, 11:38 PM
League title challenge
Another final
Wow

CCTV
7th May 2019, 11:41 PM
Words failed everyone tonight, this is a very special manager and group of players, they've been brilliant all season, they've grown and learnt so much as the season has gone on and with that courage, heart, application and determination i've no doubt whatsoever will continue to grow. So immensely proud of every single one of them.

Well said 19. I'm waiting for us to finalise the season before reflecting :)

dicko1969
7th May 2019, 11:43 PM
Goodness me
Notts County anyone?

Insidious
7th May 2019, 11:44 PM
League title challenge
Another final
Wow

Yep.

No matter what happens, we've taken the League to the last match with what will be a record points tally for us, whilst simultaneously reaching the last match of the Champion's League.

Not a League challenge with no European commitments - we've juggled both. Utterly mad.

dicko1969
7th May 2019, 11:46 PM
Insid you make so much sense
19x too
Got to love those vibes!

Nineteenx
13th May 2019, 04:46 AM
Well, we have a final left to play, let's fucking win it, after the league disappointment for the lads and Salah being nobbled in last years final, we've been absolutely immense this season, brilliant, let's go to Madrid and damned well make sure we have something to show for it.

We have been absolutely exemplary this season, teams worked out how to try and frustrate us at the back end of last season and they worked very hard at doing it in every single game we played this season, from the very start, to continually win that many games and reach the Champions League final, having had to deal with that from the very start of the season was absolutely incredible, but again, let's make sure we win in Madrid and have something to show for it.

Regarding the league, we just ran out of games, City had it easy comparatively, teams didn't set up properly and organised enough to frustrate them, wear them down by them having to do it and struggling to do it every game of the season until the last 12 games, excluding Brighton who had 3 of their players out on the piss for 3 night's running in their build up to yesterdays game. yet City were cracking, they were really struggling by the end, just scraping 1-0 wins and had 2 or 3 teams missed gilt edged chances to take a point or all three,we just ran out of games. I expect it to be a lot tougher for City next season, I don't think they'll get through two thirds of next season until teams finally get their act together and start making it really tough for them to create and score chances, I expect it to start from the beginning and even more so after we batter them in the Community shield.

We do need to strengthen with 3 or 4 top quality players, and we need to bring the CHampions League trophy back from Madrid with us, we should be set up to be even better, a year older and wiser and better prepared from the start of next season, we're used to having to fight for everything single point in every game, we've done it all this season, so we should be better prepared to deal with it again over an entire season than City

Nineteenx
13th May 2019, 05:13 AM
For anyone who missed because knob Sky put City on both channels after the game

p6hpdwwmybo

Nineteenx
13th May 2019, 05:25 AM
94eloSEQhss

Steveo
13th May 2019, 08:03 AM
It’s hard to watch him at the start to be honest. So tough to take because there really should be celebration at an utterly outstanding achievement yet he is understandably almost crushed.

As he said it’s important to feel that disappointment to help spur us on to future success BUT in truth - it was as big a success as could realistically be expected in the circumstances, just one that criminally goes unrewarded.

The cruel reality that Klopp and the boys get nothing to show for their unbelievable work & 97 sodding points - off the back of last seasons CL final disappointment and while reaching another CL final... is absolutely sickening..!

toneata
13th May 2019, 08:52 AM
I think they would have needed picking up off the floor yesterday if it wasn't for the result on Tuesday.

....and if we're being totally honest, given the choice the vast majority of our players would rather win the CL anyway. Probably only Robbo and Henderson would pick the PL, even Milner would probably rather the CL than another PL medal.

Doubt 97 points will ever be beaten by a non juiced up squad, not that Uefa give a fuck about that though.

jamesugw
13th May 2019, 09:42 AM

Regarding the league, we just ran out of games, City had it easy comparatively, teams didn't set up properly and organised enough to frustrate them, wear them down by them having to do it and struggling to do it every game of the season until the last 12 games, excluding Brighton who had 3 of their players out on the piss for 3 night's running in their build up to yesterdays game. yet City were cracking, they were really struggling by the end, just scraping 1-0 wins and had 2 or 3 teams missed gilt edged chances to take a point or all three,we just ran out of games. I expect it to be a lot tougher for City next season, I don't think they'll get through two thirds of next season until teams finally get their act together and start making it really tough for them to create and score chances, I expect it to start from the beginning and even more so after we batter them in the Community shield.

Hi 19, out of interest how can we end up in the Charity Shield? Even if City beat Watford, is it not a City/Watford Charity Shield?

Clungeman
13th May 2019, 09:44 AM
Hi 19, out of interest how can we end up in the Charity Shield? Even if City beat Watford, is it not a City/Watford Charity Shield?

I think it's always been the league runners up in the Charity Shield when a team has done the double the previous season hasn't it?

jamesugw
13th May 2019, 09:47 AM
I think it's always been the league runners up in the Charity Shield when a team has done the double the previous season hasn't it?

Oh really? God, that passed me by throughout the glory days of the 80s. Ah well then, yes - that will be a silver lining if Watford don't beat them

Clungeman
13th May 2019, 10:17 AM
Oh really? God, that passed me by throughout the glory days of the 80s. Ah well then, yes - that will be a silver lining if Watford don't beat them

There was only one double in the 80's, and if memory serves me correctly Everton finished as runners up in both the league and the cup in 86 - so it was always going to be us vs them in the Charity Shield!

Nineteenx
13th May 2019, 03:45 PM
Correct, if a team does the double the team who finished second in the league is in the Charity shield

skyebo
14th May 2019, 12:01 PM
English final champions league Madrid 2019 Package of accommodation in Madrid Center 2 nights, double room with private bathroom, 4pax & 8 pax From 200€ night/person breakfast included

madridsportsevents@gmail.com

I don't wish to be rude, but are you putting this on every thread?.

CCTV
14th May 2019, 01:15 PM
I don't wish to be rude, but are you putting this on every thread?.

Appears so, guess hes spamming

skyebo
14th May 2019, 03:47 PM
Appears so, guess hes spamming

He's been on about 6 different threads with the same info. Notice he hasn't replied yet.

Nineteenx
2nd June 2019, 12:20 AM
I'd have still been immensely proud of every single one of them even if the God's of finals hadn't smiled on us tonight, but FUCK did they deserve that tonight, every single one of them

Insidious
6th March 2020, 10:26 AM
In my opening post of this thread, I cited that even if we didn't win the 18/19 League, that I had faith that we would challenge for the next season.

That season is now - 19/20. We haven't just challenged. We have blown the competition out of the water.

Having lost 3 games of late, it seems as good a time as any to remind fellow Reds that, bar a MONUMENTAL collapse, Liverpool Football Club are going to win the League.

All those years of the Mancs winning it. All those years of watching Oil Clubs buy it. Watching Blackburn win it. Watching Leicester win it. The disappointment of 08/09. The absolutely bitter Heartbreak of 13/14. The highs of making up for our Domestic failings by doing well in Europe. The lows of finishing 30 points behind United, Hodgson, the Vampires and clinging to unfulfilled hope that if our rivals lose at the weekend and we win, we'd be in touching distance of the Champion's League spots.

The incessant reminder that it has been THIRTY years since we last won it.

You're going to be able to find Peace and Joy.

And you know what? Sod the records. Whether we get 101 points or higher or not isn't important - it's just a nice bonus. Wenger's "Invincibles" and Guardiola's.....eugh....."Centurions" have something in common - they didn't win the Champion's League.

Long as our odds may be due to a Monolithic Atletico defence, we still have a chance of getting ourselves into special territory in the History books again. Even if we fail in that department, we have next season.

This Club, this Team, this Squad and this Manager are here for a while yet.

We conquered all of Europe. We conquered the World. This season we are so likely to conquer England that a £10,000 bet on it would pay you back a Tenner.

And having conquered them all, you can be sure of one thing - we're never going to stop.

Doubters to Believers. Klopp said it and it became so.

We have been scarred by many "nearlies" in recent years, but we are but weeks away from closing the open wound. Let's remain Mentality Monsters and not allow a wobble to make us Mentality Midgets.

Beat Bournemouth any way we can to settle the nerves - then it's on to our biggest challenge in a while - under the lights at Anfield, where we find ourselves in the context of the tie to currently be the "Underdogs" - which has suited us before.

Allez Allez Allez!

teesred
6th March 2020, 10:46 AM
Amen to that our Sid.
We should be grateful for what we have.

Steveo
6th March 2020, 11:12 AM
Good points Sid - and yourself along with plenty of others ( 19x springs to mind ) - have kept the faith when less confident doubting-Thomas's like myself and Noods have been nervous wrecks for much of this time.

We are grateful - no doubt about that..

This will be my reaction in the 90'th minute IF/WHEN this bloomin 19th title is finally ours..

https://media.giphy.com/media/xUPGckj87he6tI1apO/giphy.gif

skyebo
6th March 2020, 11:12 AM
Amen to that our Sid.
We should be grateful for what we have.

Most of us are, you'll always get those ready to have a pop after a couple of bad results. They should sit in the dug out on Saturday, and tell Klopp where he's going wrong.

Aldo1988
6th March 2020, 11:29 AM
Most of us are, you'll always get those ready to have a pop after a couple of bad results. They should sit in the dug out on Saturday, and tell Klopp where he's going wrong.

Haha, the same lot will probably moan that we didn't go unbeaten.

skyebo
6th March 2020, 11:31 AM

Precisely.

Aldo1988
6th March 2020, 11:55 AM
Precisely.

They'll also moan about how we didn't splash the cash in the summer but have gaul to moan about City and Pep spunking money on players.

Steveo
6th March 2020, 12:55 PM
They'll also moan about how we didn't splash the cash in the summer but have gaul to moan about City and Pep spunking money on players.

Whinging whiners eh... How very dare they.. :D

Aldo1988
6th March 2020, 01:21 PM
Whinging whiners eh... How very dare they.. :D

Haha, I just can't comprehend people having a moan at our teamafter what we've achieved this season!!

Steveo
6th March 2020, 01:33 PM
I can’t say I have noticed much complaining mate. There are people - myself included - ( and I said in October - even if we win the league and go unbeaten - it doesn’t mean not strengthening the squad last summer was a good thing ) who are rightly worried that fatigue is playing its part. We knew we would have more games this season. The squad looked tired at the end of last season TBF - some players like Mané have had no rest at all.

They have done amazing but please recognise that one thing has little to do with the other.

Adding a creative playmaker or another striker would not preclude anything we have achieved to date and may well have us in an even stronger position - who knows? The point is - we are asking arguably too much from a relatively small group of players. To play constantly at that level is amazing - it could be considered naive to expect it to continue indefinitely.

Suggesting such is precisely what the forum is for. Otherwise it’s just a constant and repetitive drone of “aren’t we amazing” and “how lucky are we” and “ aren’t FSG magic” etc.. all good and well but a bit of balance is surely fine? A different take?

TheDOC1979
6th March 2020, 01:51 PM
I can’t say I have noticed much complaining mate. There are people - myself included - ( and I said in October - even if we win the league and go unbeaten - it doesn’t mean not strengthening the squad last summer was a good thing ) who are rightly worried that fatigue is playing its part. We knew we would have more games this season. The squad looked tired at the end of last season TBF - some players like Mané have had no rest at all.

They have done amazing but please recognise that one thing has little to do with the other.

Adding a creative playmaker or another striker would not preclude anything we have achieved to date and may well have us in an even stronger position - who knows? The point is - we are asking arguably too much from a relatively small group of players. To play constantly at that level is amazing - it could be considered naive to expect it to continue indefinitely.

Suggesting such is precisely what the forum is for. Otherwise it’s just a constant and repetitive drone of “aren’t we amazing” and “how lucky are we” and “ aren’t FSG magic” etc.. all good and well but a bit of balance is surely fine? A different take?

Maybe next season, if Klopp wants to genuinely win everything, he’ll have to strengthen?

We won the champions league with the squad we had. He’s now got his tactics right and winning the league. If we he and FSG want to dominate on all fronts, then splashing the cash sensibly is what is needed.

People are talking about several players joining. Fair enough if we are to replace other squad members. Maybe we will see a decent reinvestment next season and strengthen the ranks.

Aldo1988
6th March 2020, 02:05 PM

Where I don't want us to become another City, I do want us to strengthen our squad with a few signings. I think when/if Lallana, Shaq, Adrian, Karius, Lovren and hopefully not Milner go at the end of the season we will require to replace some but not all of them. I hopefully that some of the U23's can make the step up to the bench leaving us to fill around 4 positions in the squad. The positions I think we need to buy in are a good backup goalie, leftback cover, centre midfielder who has that something special and another forward (Werner).

I'd like to add that we do not need another winter break next season, we need to just keep going and extra additions will help that!!

Aldo1988
6th March 2020, 02:07 PM
Maybe next season, if Klopp wants to genuinely win everything, he’ll have to strengthen?

We won the champions league with the squad we had. He’s now got his tactics right and winning the league. If we he and FSG want to dominate on all fronts, then splashing the cash sensibly is what is needed.

People are talking about several players joining. Fair enough if we are to replace other squad members. Maybe we will see a decent reinvestment next season and strengthen the ranks.

Yep, this is kind of what I think as well.

southernboy
6th March 2020, 02:16 PM
There was a time when we moaned because we were average and inconsistent. Now we complain because we know how good we are and we can't understand why we are having a wobble. It's kind of human nature. Nobody underestimates the massive achievement this squad has achieved, and there's not a single player that deserves to be slagged off. We just crave perfection, as do they.

Aldo1988
6th March 2020, 02:20 PM
There was a time when we moaned because we were average and inconsistent. Now we complain because we know how good we are and we can't understand why we are having a wobble. It's kind of human nature. Nobody underestimates the massive achievement this squad has achieved, and there's not a single player that deserves to be slagged off. We just crave perfection, as do they.

I can guarantee one thing, Jurgen and the players will be more pissed off than we are that they lost the last two games.

Aldo1988
6th March 2020, 02:24 PM
At least our fans aren't as bad as this lot...

https://talksport.com/football/fa-cup/678827/video-fans-launching-foul-mouthed-tirade-manchester-united-jesse-lingard-derby/

Nineteenx
6th March 2020, 02:27 PM

I thought we should have strengthened in the summer, after that, when we were trying for Ruiz in January which would have given us an extra midfielder and forward, I really thought we should have thrashed a deal out especially as his other suitors wouldn't have been in the market and teams were getting better at defending against our full backs. Would have given us the extra creativity and a proven goalscorer from midfield. That bit extra for the sharp end of the season and meant he was already settled in and ready to go next season

Nineteenx
6th March 2020, 02:33 PM

Seen a fair bit of that on twatter, I don't think any of us here gave a shit about that to be honest, I know I didn't, I do expect us to strengthen in the right areas and in the right way in the summer though and achieve that feat next season mind ;) :D

Edit: I mean but for some incredibly dubious officiating and the absence of VAR we'd have been unbeaten last season as Kompany should without any question whatsoever have had an early straight red at the Emptyhad

skyebo
6th March 2020, 02:38 PM
No-one expected us to be this far in front of City, whatever the gap at the end of the season i'm not bothered. Before the season started, we would have settled for winning it by a single point, like them last season, the main thing is, we are winning it. It's been a long wait but the wait is almost over.

Aldo1988
6th March 2020, 02:38 PM
Seen a fair bit of that on twatter, I don't think any of us here gave a shit about that to be honest, I know I didn't, I do expect us to strengthen in the right areas and in the right way in the summer though and achieve that feat next season mind ;) :D

If we manage to win the Prem (again ;)) next season undefeated, it will be the greatest accomplishment in Prem history (yeah, yeah Leicester winning it will be 2nd).

teesred
6th March 2020, 04:06 PM
I thought we should have strengthened in the summer, after that, when we were trying for Ruiz in January which would have given us an extra midfielder and forward, I really thought we should have thrashed a deal out especially as his other suitors wouldn't have been in the market and teams were getting better at defending against our full backs. Would have given us the extra creativity and a proven goalscorer from midfield. That bit extra for the sharp end of the season and meant he was already settled in and ready to go next season

Were we genuinely in for Ruiz or was it Just rumour? Real are linked now.

Aldo1988
6th March 2020, 04:20 PM
Were we genuinely in for Ruiz or was it Just rumour? Real are linked now.

It was just media talk like all the other players we were linked to this summer.

Nineteenx
12th March 2020, 03:12 AM
I thought we were brilliant for 97 minutes tonight, could have scored more, should have scored more, Atletico's rear guard action and low block is absolutely superb though and Oblak made some superb saves, I don't think it was an accident or pure luck the parries and half clearances and blocks fell kindly to Atletico every single time, I think it's just down to their experience of continually playing like that and their positioning that has developed through doing that.

Allisson was a massive miss, and we couldn't help that, the timing of his absence was just incredibly unfortunate, that's football, shit happens, if Allisson is in goal, we're through, we had just adjusted to not pressing quite so high too, so it wasn't that either, just a really unfortunate slip by Adrian as he went to kick the ball making him miss kick it to their lad, a rush of blood from Joe and then another slip by Adrian as he tried to push off to make the save.

The second was very poor though, the player was closed down and he only had a six foot area in the right of the goal to aim at, he couldn't possibly put it anywhere else, the first combination of errors was recoverable, we only needed to score another, it was the second that killed us

Still immensely proud of our lads, thought they were otherwise brilliant, shit happens sometimes that you just can't legislate for however well you play, but for the torrential rain, I think we might well have gone through with Adrian in goal anyway, he slipped twice in the combination of events that led to their first goal, it wasn't down to the wrong choice of studs, it was down to the sheer volume of rain that came down for me

dicko1969
12th March 2020, 04:35 AM
Totally

Insidious
13th May 2020, 10:13 PM
Our lads absolutely ruined them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdCp_crqOaY

Insidious
25th June 2020, 10:22 PM
Yaaaaaaassss!!!!!!

We have come so, so, so far!

Der der der der der DER DER!!!!!!

Der der der der der DER DER DER!!!!!!!

shminkyred
25th June 2020, 10:41 PM
Words are not enough!

You made us Dream
You let us Believe
And you delivered.

Thank you Jurgen Klopp!

fiordearg
26th June 2020, 12:02 AM
There had been much frustration prior to last year. Runners up in about 7 competitions. Now a glut of trophies including this great title win. As klopp says enjoy the moment

Insidious
22nd July 2020, 10:26 PM
What a journey we are on!

teesred
22nd July 2020, 10:31 PM
What a journey we are on!

Boom. Waited most of our lives for this.......its just the beginning.
World
European
Premier
Super (yeah I'm counting it).

CCTV
22nd July 2020, 11:24 PM
Boom. Waited most of our lives for this.......its just the beginning.
World
European
Premier
Super (yeah I'm counting it).

Got to be super champions to be world champions :D

dicko1969
22nd July 2020, 11:26 PM
When is the charity Shield?

jozza800
22nd July 2020, 11:52 PM
I'm sure there's a lot of you on here my age and can only just remember the last time we won it. Let's hope it's not another 30 years till the next.

redebreck
23rd July 2020, 12:49 AM
My son is 26, this is his first.
My first was 1964.

Aldo1988
23rd July 2020, 01:05 AM
I'm sure there's a lot of you on here my age and can only just remember the last time we won it. Let's hope it's not another 30 years till the next.

Long time ago, how did we win it with such a small squad and only two subs 😉

dicko1969
23rd July 2020, 04:54 AM
Long time ago, how did we win it with such a small squad and only two subs 😉

In 1980/81 Aston Villa won the title with just 14 players. Fourteen! And that was over 42 games

dicko1969
23rd July 2020, 05:18 AM
Feels good right now.
We are the champions !

Aldo1988
23rd July 2020, 08:21 AM
In 1980/81 Aston Villa won the title with just 14 players. Fourteen! And that was over 42 games

And we used to play our best starting lineup in the cup games 😃

Insidious
25th July 2020, 11:01 AM
As well as the joy and jubilation, there is a certain relief and release of weight from the shoulders that many of us have carried for years, particularly those who are "younger" and never were old enough to appreciate a title win.

This video encapsulates that incredibly well and certainly stirs the Soul, whilst coupling our events with those of Klopp, who truly made us believe again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruyeI3WSg4A

Best of all, given what this club inspires in us all and how well we galvanised after the Karius final, the faith I have that this side has plenty left to give is unshakeable.

Roll on 20/21.

miller0863
25th July 2020, 11:12 AM
Decent effort by BT sport.

ianlfc
25th July 2020, 12:00 PM
Football focus is just starting

Insidious
26th July 2020, 07:48 PM
99 points!

Insidious
16th December 2020, 11:28 PM
We won't tally up anywhere near as many points in 20/21 as we did in 19/20, but if we somehow were to manage to win the League given the injury list, I honestly think it might prove to be an even bigger achievement.

Cannot believe what we're doing thus far. It's ridiculous.

25 games left. A LONG time. But a decent shot in the arm tonight.

miller0863
17th December 2020, 12:09 AM
I think if you had told us all before a ball was kicked what our injury list was going to be like, we would all have been very pleasantly surprised at how the league table looks tonight.

ianlfc
17th December 2020, 09:39 AM
If we manage to retain the title this year it will be the greatest ever considering the problems we've had. Plus we're owed a celebration.

Insidious
31st January 2021, 11:44 PM
So here we are after 21 League matches in the 21/22 season, with the manager having had to us TWELVE different centre-back pairings in the League, with 17 League matches (and possibly more pairings) to come.

Season-ending(?) injuries to Gomez and Van Dijk. Lengthy injuries to Thiago and Jota, who arrived to take us up another level. Illness and injury problems for Tsimikas who arrived to take some of the workload off the tireless Robertson. The seemingly endless niggly issues for Ox and Keita - our two midfielders most willing to drive forward and dribble - leading to Jones getting more game time. Signs of dips in form and confidence for key players in the system like Trent and the subsequent bouncing back from the set-back. Re-shuffles of the midfield to accommodate centre-back coverage. Players having to quarantine due to positive Covid-19 tests.

It would have been easy to wilt and we may not be out of the woods yet, but underestimate this cohesive unit at your peril. Whether it's injury or two banks of four, we keep fighting to find a way.

The season isn't quite panning out as effortlessly as we may have hoped for, but it's shining the spotlight on the inner strength of this team and they have circled the wagons.

I absolutely love this lot.

LEGS
31st January 2021, 11:48 PM
Sid let me remind you its not 2022 yet 🤣🤣

Insidious
31st January 2021, 11:53 PM
Sid let me remind you its not 2022 yet 🤣🤣

Typo, my bad, had been texting a friend about a couple of things regarding next season.

LEGS
31st January 2021, 11:56 PM
Typo, my bad, had been texting a friend about a couple of things regarding next season.

I kind of wish it was 2022 and Covid has gone.

Lets hope for me good news tomorrow with a 2nd CB.

dicko1969
1st February 2021, 12:49 AM
Back to back wins
Next week massive
Brighton
Then Mancs

Nineteenx
1st February 2021, 07:33 AM
What our lads are doing and where they currently sit in the table despite the ridiculous fixture schedule our injury issues and them having been robbed of 9 points as a result of our owners attempted power grab should make each and everyone of us immensely proud and long may it continue

dicko1969
4th February 2021, 01:13 AM
Everyone happy tonight ?

Kev0909
4th February 2021, 01:25 AM
Everyone happy tonight ?

Immense pride mentality monsters

Insidious
4th February 2021, 10:16 AM
Everyone happy tonight ?

Very unhappy - but I won't let the negativity of the current slump impact my thoughts on what the side has managed over the last few seasons.

Getting to that Europa League final considering our squad at the time and the comparative difficulty of the opposition in the latter stages that season was no joke and was a stepping stone to us getting ready for what lay ahead - getting into the Champion's League (which was becoming the exception rather than the rule up until then) and getting to a Champion's League final, getting to another Champion's League final and winning the thing, two of the highest points totals in history with one of them resulting in ending the 30-year wait that finally cut the chain of a lead ball we had been dragging through the mud for decades.

Out stuttering form has changed none of that.

We have City at the weekend. A loss is a real possibility and they would end up with a gap on us that is probably insurmountable if we're Honest about it. But we'll have a full working week to prepare for Leicester and rest some legs. Whatever happens in that Leicester match, our squad and Klopp will massively welcome those valuable 5 days to mentally refresh a bit and we can hopefully set our minds to ensuring we don't fall out of the Top Four and hopefully can squeeze past Leipzig. There's two objectives to focus on, rather than fretting about not defending the Title and I just hope they can gather themselves and achieve those (admittedly lesser) goals and find that inner strength again.

It's been a difficult season and there are definitely some oddities at work. People can say "ah, but every club will be missing their fans" for example - and that's true - but how many clubs have won the League trophy after a 30-year season, had the anti-climax of lifting it to an empty stadium, not had the victory parade in front of densely packed streets, then gone on to play in front of what should have been an optimistic, thankful, praise-giving Anfield that would have been able to lift the players through slumps? That's just one outlier and when you combine the injuries and the schedule from the late start to the campaign, the weirdness of the pre-season prep, the quarantines, the mental and physical fatigue from coping with the raised bar of a financially doped rival, the VAR inconsistencies, it all adds up.

We at least managed the wins against West Ham and Spurs - otherwise this slump would be cause for heightened panic. We need to regroup, consolidate, solidify and find some answers. Can we do that and have a respectable season? Time will tell. May isn't forever away and it's up to the players to find a way if they have enough in their lockers to play Champion's League football next season, hopefully in front of a few fans as well - and they're lucky enough to have two paths to do it.

Collective confidence will be low. Rightly so. But we absolutely cannot give up and I don't think the players will either.

ianlfc
4th February 2021, 10:23 AM
After 2 amazing season, I think the lads deserve a bit of slack considering the shite we've had to put up with this season.
Try and make top 4 and give the Champions league a good rattle and we go again next season.

LEGS
4th February 2021, 11:28 AM
Sid - probably insurmountable if we lose ?

They would be 10 clear with a game in hand and better GD its done.

I just hope they steam away from United by March its what the league deserves a nothing team winning the title played in front of no fans.

I'm amazed we are this high if we dont get top 4 id like to finish outside Europa spots.

teesred
4th February 2021, 12:13 PM
After 2 amazing season, I think the lads deserve a bit of slack considering the shite we've had to put up with this season.
Try and make top 4 and give the Champions league a good rattle and we go again next season.

100%. Weve had a great few years. It was always going to have a dip at some point. I genuinely thought it would have been after the CL win but they proved me wrong massively.
They are a fantastic squad of men and its sometimes easy for us to forget that.

jozza800
4th February 2021, 12:31 PM

Pretty much where I am right now. It's easy to be angry with recent performances but they're still a good team. That hasn't changed.

Put everything into a Champions League shaped basket and hope that we're all back in the stands next season.

ianlfc
4th February 2021, 02:17 PM
On the plus side, the demand for tickets next season may not be just as mad 😂😂

HLOGI
4th February 2021, 02:32 PM

My thoughts 2, Will have a moan now and again on the threads, but I always have stated that this group has done it all and I can forgive them this. Even Klopp the legend. We will be better, stronger and hungrier next season.

We don't know where this one will end but as injuries keep on mounting it seems that it is over. But i still hope until it is over the horizon, whilst it is in sight I hope...

Kev0909
4th February 2021, 02:48 PM
On the plus side, the demand for tickets next season may not be just as mad ����

Maybe coronavirus has made the season ticket waiting list go down??

LEGS
4th February 2021, 03:18 PM
Maybe coronavirus has made the season ticket waiting list go down??

I doubt it tickets will be even harder than ever.

Fans will realise how crap it is and will be desperate to get out the house !

CCTV
4th February 2021, 04:21 PM
On the plus side, the demand for tickets next season may not be just as mad 😂😂

Will there be fans next season?

stevie harkness
4th February 2021, 07:40 PM

Society is unlikely to return to normal until "well into next year", one of the world's leading scientists has warned.

CCTV
4th February 2021, 07:47 PM
Society is unlikely to return to normal until "well into next year", one of the world's leading scientists has warned.

I'm concerned there'll be years of this nonsense. They'll just keep putting it back.

LEGS
4th February 2021, 07:55 PM
I'm concerned there'll be years of this nonsense. They'll just keep putting it back.

This is what concerns me.

ianlfc
4th February 2021, 09:39 PM

If not there will be alot of people stopping their Sky subscription. Because the product of top flight football matches without fans has run its course. It's bloody awful for everyone.

Kev0909
4th February 2021, 09:42 PM
If not there will be alot of people stopping their Sky subscription. Because the product of top flight football matches without fans has run its course. It's bloody awful for everyone.

Doubt the majority will tbh

maybe you should watch other games and not just liverpool? haha.

been plenty of good games, fans or not...

ianlfc
4th February 2021, 09:48 PM
Doubt the majority will tbh

maybe you should watch other games and not just liverpool? haha.

been plenty of good games, fans or not...

I don't like it at all mate, the top players thrive off the atmosphere and with no fans is a leveller.
Last night all the games were won by the away team which is mad.

Kev0909
4th February 2021, 09:51 PM
I don't like it at all mate, the top players thrive off the atmosphere and with no fans is a leveller.
Last night all the games were won by the away team which is mad.

I do get your point but it would still be boring without any football!

just is what it is at the moment isn't it i'm afraid, I mean I miss the pub :lol::lol:

ianlfc
4th February 2021, 10:04 PM
I do get your point but it would still be boring without any football!

just is what it is at the moment isn't it i'm afraid, I mean I miss the pub :lol::lol:

That game last night. A full Anfield with a good part of the ground with a few pints in them, 8-15 kick off under the lights. There's no way Liverpool lose that match.
But as you say, it is what it is.

Steveo
26th February 2021, 02:02 PM

From 6th March 2020.

Almost a year ago

https://media.giphy.com/media/xUPGckj87he6tI1apO/giphy.gif[/QUOTE]

Nineteenx
26th February 2021, 04:43 PM
From 6th March 2020.

Almost a year ago

https://media.giphy.com/media/xUPGckj87he6tI1apO/giphy.gif[/QUOTE]

Where are the quoting yourself police Tees? To be honest Steveo, other than possessing a considerable talent for stating the obvious, it's hardly a great insight, everyone expected we'd strengthen significantly and move 3 or 4 on in the summer, Covid put paid to that

teesred
26th February 2021, 05:03 PM
Stop being nasty 19x........
But if it makes you feel better here goes.......
"Quoting your own posts Steveo lad. FFS! Etc."
😄

Steveo
26th February 2021, 05:22 PM
@19..

Not sure you are following mate - this post I quoted was from march 6th 2020 - highlighting the reality 1 year ago. Namely that the form had already gone - just six months after the Summer 2019 window slammed shut...

I am talking about summer 2019 - Long before Covid 19 was a thing.. :D

Insidious
16th May 2021, 07:30 PM
Absolutely beaming for Alisson and the togetherness in this squad, really am.

This side has provided so much joy and has put us through the ringer as well.

Alisson's save against Napoli is one we won't forget in a hurry and no matter how the season ends, that header today will live long in the memory.

There hasn't been a lot to enjoy this season but the end of that match has caused some elation during a difficult year for everyone.

skyebo
16th May 2021, 07:38 PM
I don't remember any other keeper scoring for us, is he the first one ?

skyebo
16th May 2021, 07:40 PM
I know Clemence scored in a shoot out, but I'm not counting that as it was the charity shield.

TheDOC1979
16th May 2021, 07:47 PM
Reina assisting a few goals was just as good as scoring. Best distribution I’ve seen from any of our keepers

LFC-DPG
16th May 2021, 07:52 PM
I don't remember any other keeper scoring for us, is he the first one ?

First to score in our history, only the 6th in Prem League history.

Peter Schmeichel, Brad Friedel, Paul Robinson, Tim Howard and Asmir Begovic

skyebo
16th May 2021, 07:56 PM

OK, thanks LFC-DPG.

Nineteenx
16th May 2021, 08:12 PM

1st in Premier League history to score the winner in a game

Insidious
16th May 2021, 10:33 PM
1st in Premier League history to score the winner in a game

Does anyone know if it's been done in the League pre-Premier League?

Sky are awful for only talking about "firsts" since 1992. Appreciate that with certain statistics they'll only go back so far due to lack of footage, but you'd imagine something like a goalkeeper winning a match would be easy(-ish) to find out, unlike how many tackles a player made in a match in the 1970s.

skyebo
16th May 2021, 10:38 PM
Does anyone know if it's been done in the League pre-Premier League?

Sky are awful for only talking about "firsts" since 1992. Appreciate that with certain statistics they'll only go back so far due to lack of footage, but you'd imagine something like a goalkeeper winning a match would be easy(-ish) to find out, unlike how many tackles a player made in a match in the 1970s.
Pat Jennings scored for Tottenham from a long clearance against Man utd, in a charity shield game, before it was played at Wembley 1967 I think. Stepney scored a few penalties for Man utd as I recall.

Insidious
23rd May 2021, 05:56 PM
We may not have won anything this season, but considering the hurdles we had to overcome, my bloody word, what a result.

Hopefully the start of another European journey.

Steveo
23rd May 2021, 06:04 PM
Yep - all things consisted a
very positive end to the season from what looked like a lost cause.

Good vibes for next season. Need to get big Virgil back to full fitness now. Keep our best players and add some more genuine first team players.

Nineteenx
23rd May 2021, 06:10 PM
Yep - all things consisted a
very positive end to the season from what looked like a lost cause.

Good vibes for next season. Need to get big Virgil back to full fitness now. Keep our best players and add some more genuine first team players.

Now on THAT at least, we can both agree ;)

Daffydd
23rd May 2021, 06:57 PM
Finishing 3rd is huge for the bad champions considering we used 76 different combinations of centre back.