PDA

View Full Version : Game of Thrones

RedNoodle
15th April 2019, 03:21 PM
Has anyone else seen the first episode of the final season? I have to say I was very disappointed after such a long wait.

If anyone viewing this thread hasn't seen the latest episode, I'd advise you to stay well clear as there is likely to be spoilers aplenty.

skyebo
15th April 2019, 05:18 PM
I don't watch it, but my wife loves it. She recorded it early hours and watched it when she got up.

ianlfc
15th April 2019, 09:37 PM
They fucking love it over here. I've never watched it but I know quite a few who have worked as extras on it. £200 a day If you can ride a horse !!

Balinkay
15th April 2019, 09:42 PM
Just saw it - a lot of exposition and recap. Feels like they wanted the audience to be up to date on all the info they'd need.

skyebo
15th April 2019, 09:52 PM
Apparently, 3 million pulled a sicky to watch it.

teesred
15th April 2019, 11:39 PM
Bit of an underwhelming start I thought.
Brans a tit.

justme
15th April 2019, 11:56 PM
I love it! was a so/so start to the season.But pretty decent all the same. I Love the Hound. I still watch the conversation he had with Tormund over and over on YouTube.As me in stiches every time.

justme
16th April 2019, 12:16 AM
This is the transcript :D

You're the one they call the dog.
Fuck off.
They told me you were mean.
Born mean or you just hate wildlings?
I don't give two shits about wildlings. It's gingers I hate.
Gingers are beautiful. We are kissed by fire. Just like you..(points at the large face burn)
Don't point your fucking finger at me.
Did you trip into the fire when you were a baby?
I didn't trip I was pushed.
Ever since you've been mean.
Will you fuck off?
I don't think you're truly mean. You have sad eyes.
You want to suck my dick, is that it?
Dick?
Cock.
Ahh, dick. I like it.
Bet you do.
Nope. It's pussy for me. I have beauty waiting for me back at Winterfell. If I ever get back there. Yellow hair, blue eyes, tallest women you've ever seen, almost as tall as you.
Brienne of Tarth.
You know her?
You're with Brienne of fucking Tarth.
Well, not with her yet, but I see the way she looks at me.
How does she look at you? Like she wants to carve you up and eat your liver?
You do know her.
We've met.
I want to make babies with her. Think of 'em, great, big monsters. They'll conquer the world!
How did a mad fucker like you live this long?
I'm good at killing people.

Balinkay
16th April 2019, 07:28 AM
Oh yeah, we were kind of wondering why they'd just left Professor X in the courtyard to get rained on.

Clungeman
16th April 2019, 07:32 AM
Bit of an underwhelming start I thought.
Brans a tit.

Bran's always been a tit; the Three-Eyed Douchebag is how we refer to him.

I thought this first episode was good, not explosive like many people seem to have been expecting; but it puts everything in place for what's to come, and gives people a bit of a refresher as to where we're at.

I thought Sansa was the standout performer last night; cutting down Jon, Danaerys and Tyrion at various different points and stopping their saviour complexes getting too carried away.

There were a couple of memorable lines too:

Jon Have you used it yet? referring to Needle
Arya Once or twice...

Ed He's got blue eyes!!
Tormund I've always had blue eyes!!!

RedNoodle
16th April 2019, 01:38 PM
Oh yeah, we were kind of wondering why they'd just left Professor X in the courtyard to get rained on.

He gets a better/stronger signal outside.

RedNoodle
16th April 2019, 01:41 PM
I love it! was a so/so start to the season.But pretty decent all the same. I Love the Hound. I still watch the conversation he had with Tormund over and over on YouTube.As me in stiches every time.

Characters like Tormund, The Hound, Bronn etc are a lot funnier and more interesting than a fair few of the main characters.

Insidious
16th April 2019, 05:17 PM
I miss Baelish.

Don't have to "like" him - that's not what he is for - but he and Varys playing political Chess was huge for the show. Myself and a friend had a theory about him which actually (not claiming credit, someone else had the same idea as often happens) a theory that he was still alive and said theory went viral and I'd have loved it - there have been so many character threads that I feel they don't have time to fill, so I think a lot of characters will be killed off without satisfactory resolutions for writing's sake, which is a real shame.

Clungeman
17th April 2019, 08:19 AM
Characters like Tormund, The Hound, Bronn etc are a lot funnier and more interesting than a fair few of the main characters.

But because they're secondary characters they are able to be a little more 'throw-away' than the likes of Jon or Danaerys - which means the writers can have a bit more fun with them.

I miss Baelish.

Don't have to "like" him - that's not what he is for - but he and Varys playing political Chess was huge for the show. Myself and a friend had a theory about him which actually (not claiming credit, someone else had the same idea as often happens) a theory that he was still alive and said theory went viral and I'd have loved it - there have been so many character threads that I feel they don't have time to fill, so I think a lot of characters will be killed off without satisfactory resolutions for writing's sake, which is a real shame.

I've seen quite a few people around the internet bemoaning the fact that the show has moved towards a more traditional fantasy setting now than the first few series which were more about the intrigue and machinations. For me though, it was always going to be the direction it went as soon as we saw ice zombies in the first scene, of the first episode, in the first series.

The earlier series were perfect for getting people interested, for making viewers care about what happens to characters (whether they wanted good things to happen to them, or bad things) - but in the end it was always going to come down to big battle sequences. In the sort of 'world' that has been created; being clever and manipulative can only get you so far - when it comes to the crunch, it's who has the most men to throw away that will be the "rightful" ruler - something which Cersei pointed out to Littlefinger when he was trying to explain where he believed power came from, and she told one of the Kingsguard to execute him.

pob
18th April 2019, 07:51 PM
Game of dangers

Load of wank

justme
22nd April 2019, 03:01 AM
Bit better than the first episode! :)

teesred
22nd April 2019, 01:00 PM
Quality episode I thought. The interplay between jaime and brienne is great, also arya and gendry.

Balinkay
22nd April 2019, 09:09 PM
Blergh. Better than the first one, but not by much. Feel like it was just a huge exposition dump of scenes they had to get in somewhere.

RedNoodle
25th April 2019, 03:07 AM
Blergh. Better than the first one, but not by much. Feel like it was just a huge exposition dump of scenes they had to get in somewhere.

Maybe one or two two many 'sentimental' moments? It could have done with some more sarcasm from the Hound.

justme
25th April 2019, 06:10 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6aFvk5H7Ko
You mean something like this?? 1:35 on wards?

Balinkay
25th April 2019, 08:35 AM
Maybe one or two two many 'sentimental' moments? It could have done with some more sarcasm from the Hound.

Try ten.

Also we didn't even get to see full frontal nudity from Ninja… Arrya. What the fuck is the point then? :D

eggy81
28th April 2019, 10:07 PM
So who dies tonight then. Brienne thomund nights watch guys anyway I reckon. Theon maybe. Who double crosses who first. Shout be a great episode fingers crossed. Been a very slow start to series 8.

justme
28th April 2019, 10:36 PM
Can they kill Bran off? he's miserable shit.

justme
29th April 2019, 03:25 AM
wowwww what an episode

Balinkay
29th April 2019, 10:25 AM
Hey, something finally happened! Hallelujah!

[SPOILERS]

They finally found a way to get rid of the pointless faceless armies of steppe nomads and eunuchs. So the redshirts are gone. Some characters also died for a change - RIP Little Ms. "IMASTRONGINDEPENDENTWOMAN", Theon, Berik, Jorah and… well that's about it really. All the other deaths were kind of hollow. Did Brienne bite it as well?

Got to give it to them though - I'd really grown to dislike Arya, but the finishing touch with the excellent throwback to her sparring with Brienne was pure gold.

All in all the episode dragged on a bit - I'm not a huge fan of "a single battle scene is an episode unto its own if it's big enough", but ok, at least something happened.

Too bad now the main villain is Cersei who is surely much less scary than emo Darth Maul. I feel like this battle could have been saved for later. We'll see though - can't shake the feeling they could have done more with him.

Clungeman
29th April 2019, 09:13 PM
I watched this with a couple of mates over here - a french guy and an italian girl, when Arya was being chased by the wights and it looked like they were going to get her; the italian girl said 'Oh god, she's going to die!'

(Bearing in mind this was before the conversation with Melissandre)

My response: 'Not today!'

teesred
29th April 2019, 09:52 PM
Spoilage warning.
Well that was rather good. Didnt see that coming, Arya taking out ol' blue eyes.
WTF happens now?
Must be another epic battle left for the end. Always liked Melisandre and sge came up trumps. Shes mint too.
Jorah was one of my faves so im rather gutted hes gone.

justme
29th April 2019, 10:24 PM
I think Cersei being pregnant as something to do with the whole thing. she was only suppose to have 3 children? that's what the witch told her.
I think the night king was just a side show to the real story just like the other battles. Ie the fight against the Boltons. .But could be wrong.
Im really glad the Hound is still alive. Though hes a miserable sod. Hes got great humanity.And its likely he will have to fight his brother the Mountain.

teesred
29th April 2019, 11:16 PM
Agree the night king and wights have been a sideshow. Its game of thrones so its inevitebley about whos sat on that at the end.

southernboy
30th April 2019, 12:11 AM
Enjoyed this weeks extended episode, but by Christ those battle scenes were a bit frenetic... made my bloody eyes ache.

Clungeman
30th April 2019, 07:21 AM
Enjoyed this weeks extended episode, but by Christ those battle scenes were a bit frenetic... made my bloody eyes ache.

I loved the shot of Davos clinging on to his sword with his jaw on the floor while Arya was doing her ninja bit with the spear Gendry gave her (pun intended).

Balinkay
30th April 2019, 07:40 AM
Well I agree the ice zombies were a sideshow, but why the hell were they even built up for so long if it was going to just end in a single large fight scene? It's been eight seasons just for that? Decent fight scene, even if a bit too…*well ordinary… but still. If this is it, I really feel let down.

Clungeman
30th April 2019, 08:50 AM
Well I agree the ice zombies were a sideshow, but why the hell were they even built up for so long if it was going to just end in a single large fight scene? It's been eight seasons just for that? Decent fight scene, even if a bit too…*well ordinary… but still. If this is it, I really feel let down.

The dead were always the distraction to weaken Jon and Danaerys' forces. The real 'evil' in the show has always been in living, human form.

Balinkay
30th April 2019, 08:58 AM
The dead were always the distraction to weaken Jon and Danaerys' forces. The real 'evil' in the show has always been in living, human form.

Has it though? This invasion has been 8 000 years in the making in universe. These guys are the stuff from which fairytales are made. And all they can muster is a limp fight scene where no important characters die. Really? What was their deal? Why were they attacking? They seemed at least half intelligent, but now they've been retconned into just being the next vanilla "I have no reason to be evil, I just am" villain. Now they really do feel like a distraction - what the hell was the point of even having them? I'd have loved some more time devoted to political maneuvering and intrigue if this was how it was going to end. Hell, why even have supernatural elements in the show at all? Like, you don't really need this stuff - just good dialogue and a decent plot. Both of which have been lacking for the past few seasons.

justme
30th April 2019, 09:16 AM
Maybe the Night King will comeback to life? :D :D.. I think we will find out about him. In one of the Brans flashbacks anyway..

Clungeman
30th April 2019, 02:22 PM
Has it though? This invasion has been 8 000 years in the making in universe. These guys are the stuff from which fairytales are made. And all they can muster is a limp fight scene where no important characters die. Really? What was their deal? Why were they attacking? They seemed at least half intelligent, but now they've been retconned into just being the next vanilla "I have no reason to be evil, I just am" villain. Now they really do feel like a distraction - what the hell was the point of even having them? I'd have loved some more time devoted to political maneuvering and intrigue if this was how it was going to end. Hell, why even have supernatural elements in the show at all? Like, you don't really need this stuff - just good dialogue and a decent plot. Both of which have been lacking for the past few seasons.

They weren't retconned though, back in season six (I think) we got a flashback through one of Bran's visions of the Children of the Forest creating the Night King as a weapon against the first men. Basically it explained that he was a WMD whose purpose was to protect the CotF from human threats, he became too powerful for them to control and (like any terminator worth its salt) would stop at nothing to complete his mission which was to destroy humanity.

I thought it was a bit of a curveball that more named characters didn't die, I was expecting Brienne, Gendry, Pod, and Grey Worm at least to be for the chop. I would be surprised if keeping them alive was just fan service (although I have never understood why that's supposed to be a bad thing - surely giving fans what they want is what fans want?) Maybe they're just being saved to die further down the line.

Balinkay
30th April 2019, 03:05 PM
I kind of think they were retconned though - I mean yeah, we got the backstory but the guy displays intelligence. He's not an automaton - strategic thought went into some of his choices and yet he ends up a mindless drone with some faulty programming? Seems like a cop-out to me.

I do see your point about fan service, but this is just detrimental to the experience at this point - throwing out the baby with the bathwater sort of thing. Sure we'd like them to live, but not at the expense of changing the established universe rules - like the lack of plot armor. Can you imagine something like this happening in season two or three? Abysmal - you do dumb shite, you die, simple as that. Instead our main cast get away with being swamped by white walker numerous times completely fine - it just clashes with the rest of the show. I no longer feel any of them are in any danger whatsoever. And when they inevitably do kill some of the main cast off, it's going to feel yet again surprising and unfitting, as the rules have again been changed.

Kev0909
1st May 2019, 02:24 PM
Whaaaaaaaat a show

That's all I have to say!

RedNoodle
1st May 2019, 04:21 PM

This.

That was seriously disappointing. After all the build up to the 'battle to save humanity' it ends in such a feeble way, never mind all the nonsensical bs taking place such as Jon and Daenerys flying off and doing sod all to help for no good reason, Jon being swamped by undead and saved/left unburnt by Daenerys swooping in and burning everything but Jon to a crisp (since when has dragon fire been laser like in it's accuracy?), Bran doing nowt but having a little jolly as a crow, but somehow is the NK's main threat/focus, with the latter having the tactical nous of Tim Sherwood after a dozen pints.

So, so disappointing. :mad:

eggy81
1st May 2019, 11:14 PM
This.

That was seriously disappointing. After all the build up to the 'battle to save humanity' it ends in such a feeble way, never mind all the nonsensical bs taking place such as Jon and Daenerys flying off and doing sod all to help for no good reason, Jon being swamped by undead and saved/left unburnt by Daenerys swooping in and burning everything but Jon to a crisp (since when has dragon fire been laser like in it's accuracy?), Bran doing nowt but having a little jolly as a crow, but somehow is the NK's main threat/focus, with the latter having the tactical nous of Tim Sherwood after a dozen pints.

Glad I wasn't the only one to think that.

Insidious
2nd May 2019, 08:19 AM
I kind of think they were retconned though - I mean yeah, we got the backstory but the guy displays intelligence. He's not an automaton - strategic thought went into some of his choices and yet he ends up a mindless drone with some faulty programming? Seems like a cop-out to me.

I do see your point about fan service, but this is just detrimental to the experience at this point - throwing out the baby with the bathwater sort of thing. Sure we'd like them to live, but not at the expense of changing the established universe rules - like the lack of plot armor. Can you imagine something like this happening in season two or three? Abysmal - you do dumb shite, you die, simple as that. Instead our main cast get away with being swamped by white walker numerous times completely fine - it just clashes with the rest of the show. I no longer feel any of them are in any danger whatsoever. And when they inevitably do kill some of the main cast off, it's going to feel yet again surprising and unfitting, as the rules have again been changed.

Tormund being dragged down by the Wights in Season 7 only to be saved by the Steal-a-Wight squad / Daenerys was a real turning point on that score.

Insidious
2nd May 2019, 08:33 AM
This.

Leaves questions unanswered.

The Night King and Jon Snow have had a few "stare-downs" that felt significant. Apparently not!

There was the idea that the Night King was the original Bran (the Builder) and had built the Wall to keep himself out as he had become the Night King and his arc was stuck in a time loop (Bran as Three-Eyed Raven on a mission to stop himself from becoming the Night King) but who cares, Darth Maul "Ice Ice Baby" edition is gone, why explore an intriguing plot device?

Also tactics - for a guy who has waited thousands of years to execute his grand plan (which isn't trying to get a Night Queen from Winterfell crypts or anything fun - just "destroy the Wurld lulz") his tactics are poor. Why expose yourself early? If I was the Night King I don't even show up to the Battle - I take Wight Viserion down to King's Landing, go absolutely ape on the locals and add 1,000,000 soldiers to my army and then march them up to Winterfell en masse.

Wish there was more intelligence in the show's writing once they passed the point of the books. Littlefinger has a relative in Bravos (mentions it when interrogated at the Eyrie about Lysa Arryn's death) and is seen giving a coin to a lass in his last pre-Death appearance - it would have been so easy to write in that the person that gets their throat cut by Arya was a Faceless Man and not actually Little Finger - and potentially even have Baelish be Jaqen H'gar all along, but I guess that'd be too much like fun! It was even Baelish's dagger that finishes off the Night King in the end - "I did what I had to do, to save the World" could have been such a "what the f**k" angle, but nah - just got to have the relentlessly evil thingy die, like an Orc in Lord of the Rings.

Eugh.

justme
6th May 2019, 12:36 PM
I thought last nights episode was superb..Cersei really is evil :)

RedNoodle
9th May 2019, 05:25 AM
That was a seriously s**t episode. Possibly the worst one so far.

I cringed my way through the overly long p*ss up and shagathon (they certainly got over thousands of their comrades, friends and family dying very quickly), only to then constantly shake my head at the seriously crap dialogue, about turns, nonsensical 'tactics' and basic bat s**t crazy nonsense.

I mean you've got one of the supposed most intelligent men completely ignoring the fact that the person he rallied behind is becoming as bad as the person he's trying to dispose.

Then you've got silent ships with ultra accurate and deadly crossbows, when the supposed richest city/people had already failed with the supposed best money can buy.

Then you've got characters like Jaime who have slowly changed from being one thing to the exact opposite, only to then revert back to their former selves in an instant.

Utter, utter, crud.

If the series had started like this I don't think it would have made it past a couple of seasons, if that.

justme
13th May 2019, 03:27 AM
Spoiler alert. Dany has gone bass ass on them all. Just like her father she finished what he wanted!..Varys was right all along!.
I think John will kill Dany and return to the wildlings. And Tyrion will take the throne. what ever is left of it that is..
Maybe he and Sansa will Marry again and reunite the North with the South..

eggy81
13th May 2019, 11:49 PM
What an absolute bucket of shite. I mean for fuck sake. Could they have made a bigger mess of this whole final series. Dogshite

toneata
14th May 2019, 11:50 AM
That was about as unfulfilling as it gets, they've had years to prepare this ending and they're royally fucking it up.

Kev0909
14th May 2019, 12:50 PM
I thought last nights episode was superb..Cersei really is evil :)

daenerys *Hold my beer*

Balinkay
14th May 2019, 04:56 PM
I think they hit the right beats, but the connective tissue and the filler were waay below the level I'd want.

RedNoodle
14th May 2019, 07:21 PM
Another incredibly disappointing episode. Just slightly less disappointing than the last couple.

There was so much 'filler', namely the City being burnt to the ground and the citizens of Kings landing running about trying to find somewhere to hide to avoid being burnt, crushed, or hacked to pieces. There were a number of characters whose demise was poorly handled, such as Varys (the one person who actually was trying/doing his best to protect the realm as well as the innocent) who was simply burnt to a crisp without so much as a little parting conversation between her and 'the mad one', whilst the Hound's final battle with his brother wasn't as epic and impactful as it should have been.

What was the point of Arya going to Kings Landing? Just like a few other main character actions of late, there was absolutely zero purpose to what she did. There were so many possibilities, including things such as using her 'faceless men' training to get to Cersei, but no, the writers just decided to have her walk/run around a lot, do nothing but possibly to hinder those she feebly tried to save, and stumble across a horse (which may or may not be the one she previously had - some are even saying it might be Jaqen H'ghar), which has somehow managed not to become a snack for Drogon.

As for Jaime, don't get me started. If he flip flops any more he'll be know as 'Jaime the (S)Andal', rather than "The Kingslayer".

I think lots of people are now desperate for the final episode in order to get things over and done with. It's a pity, as I watch re-runs of earlier episodes and it's sad that a show that was brilliant has jumped numerous sharks in succession and as a result it will taint the legacy of something that could have gone down as one the best shows (as a whole) of all time.

I hope the spin off's are handled better than these last few episodes have been. If it's the same two writers at the helm I'm not sure I'll even bother watching.

Insidious
14th May 2019, 07:55 PM
What was the point of Arya going to Kings Landing?

Presumably given the way the writing of the show is going there's a possibility she'll do Daenerys in.

Though Jaime's arc went off-course so he came "full circle" back to Cersei - so if they're doing more "full circle" stuff and Daenerys has "Mad Queen'd" then they'll need a "Queenslayer" - and they have the whole star-crossed lovers thing, so Jon might end up doing it?

God knows at this point.

Such a waste.

justme
14th May 2019, 09:45 PM
I think Ayra went so the hound could make her see not to turn out like him.. Bitter twisted and resentful and always wanting revenge

Nineteenx
20th May 2019, 03:51 AM
No spoilers from me, but having watched it from start to finish, I've been incredibly disappointed with the last 2 seasons and brilliant as it was to a point, it ended up being rushed to a highly unsatisfactory conclusion

RedNoodle
20th May 2019, 05:58 AM
That was a s**t-show of an ending to a clusterf**k of a final season.

In the space of one season (some might say two) they've basically destroyed everything that made GOT great in it's first few seasons.

In my opinion this final season is seriously going to harm sales of GOT box-sets.

redebreck
20th May 2019, 06:37 PM
That was a s**t-show of an ending to a clusterf**k of a final season.

In the space of one season (some might say two) they've basically destroyed everything that made GOT great in it's first few seasons.

In my opinion this final season is seriously going to harm sales of GOT box-sets.

typical of many series, I'm sorry to say

eggy81
20th May 2019, 07:51 PM
That was such a let down. Awful series.

Nineteenx
20th May 2019, 10:34 PM
Just watched it again, seems to have set the scene for potential future spin offs, not a fan of how it ended or how rushed the last 2 seasons were, not posting any further thoughts on it until I'm sure everyone's now watched it

justme
20th May 2019, 10:53 PM
I thought it was decent enough.. It was a great series over all. But like most acclaimed shows. They struggle to find away to end it. Its like the walking dead.Prior to the negan stpry. It was an awesome show..The biggest issue with the walking dead. There is no way out.Even the writers said they wont be a cure found. How many times can you find enemies to kill and how many times can you lose main characters?. They went to the well once to many times with that series.

I loved the game of thrones,Just a small quandary the writers were showing us for 7 seasons about the mysticism of night walkers
the many faces men. The lord of the light etc..Yet in the final season it didn't really mention anything in that sense. It was just human beings fighting for right and wrong.
I kinda get the night king. He was created by the children of the forest to fight against the invaders.And when winter came he became much stronger. Like a thousand years before.when a similar thing occurred. Bran had insight to be able to stop the night king from killing everyone. So I understood that part of the series. Even though comments online suggested Bran was in someway the Night King himself.

justme
20th May 2019, 10:59 PM
And I also agree it was rushed.. They hardly showed Cersei in the final season until near the end. Maybe they could have had her fight with Jon and Dany against the Night lKing. Then turn her back on Snow and Daenerys. Instead of putting her to end to be the final battle. She seemed a bit out of place for most of the final season.

Nineteenx
20th May 2019, 11:05 PM
Watching Thronecast right now and they're talking bollocks and omitting a major part in the title plot 'Game of Thrones' into how the end game played out and why

justme
20th May 2019, 11:18 PM
Oh and that bleeding game of thrones theme tune! its playing over and over in my head :D :D

Nineteenx
20th May 2019, 11:26 PM
For me what they're missing in the analysis is the enormous role that Sansa played in the end game and her desperately wanting the Throne for herself knowing that John categorically didn't. Can't believe they missed that, it's even shown in the final episode when she's devastated not to have been made queen and makes her play to have the North as an independent kingdom and gets it.

Her telling Tyrion about John was a massive play for the throne and deliberate and she knows how the politics work and what it would do, her actions caused the massacre of Kings Landing as much as Dani. In the prior episode Dani says to John how much love the people have for John and appreciation of everything he's done and that the people of Westeros have no love for her, all she has to command their loyalty and respect is fear, and the backbiting and betrayals that Sansa's actions started caused Dani to feel the desperate need to demonstrate her power and strike that fear into the people who she believed otherwise wouldn't accept her and that is what caused her to massacre everyone in Kings Landing and led to the sequence of events in the final episode. Throughout Dani didn't show the madness, she was just and fair, it was out of character and it happened because of Sansa.

At the end it was stupid, given the nature of Westeros there is no way on this earth all the Lords would have accepted Braun getting High Garden because of a debt owed by the deposed Lannisters, he made no contribution to the great wars, he was constantly on the wrong side, a sell sword, he had no knowledge or idea of how to run somewhere like High Garden or any experience to be made Master Of Coin, that was just utterly ridiculous

Insidious
20th May 2019, 11:57 PM
Just watched it again, seems to have set the scene for potential future spin offs, not a fan of how it ended or how rushed the last 2 seasons were, not posting any further thoughts on it until I'm sure everyone's now watched it

Conspiracy theory.

Night King touched Bran. In doing so, NK's spirit transferred to Bran upon his Death, much like killing mace-wielding Sauron isn't enough because he lives on through the Ring.

Night-King therefore is actually on the Throne after all. Write your show.

Nineteenx
21st May 2019, 12:31 AM
There's a prequel in the making apparently, feels like the end of an era, a lot of personal stuff happened for me during the show running, not good stuff either, John Snow story brings a lot of it back, always doing or trying to do the right thing, to do right by people and look after everyone else, giving everything up for those people and getting fucked over for it, guess that's why I didn't like the ending, too close to home

Balinkay
22nd May 2019, 10:13 AM
A comprehensive review of S8E6:

"Ugh."

- Eastern European kid, 2019

justme
22nd May 2019, 12:59 PM
How about Ayra goes west of westeros and gets into big shit..Jon learns of this, comes from the north brings Tormund and the giants with him. Collects those in winterfell and Kings landing on the way and they all go west to help Ayra. The Dragon returns to Kings landing with Dany whos been resurrected . She takes the Iron throne in the absence of the main characters and finally kills that annoying shit Bran. While cutting his throat.. she will say. You didn't see this coming did ya?

Balinkay
22nd May 2019, 02:47 PM
To which he'll reply "Hurr durr I'm a talking tree, all is history, hurr durr".

red4life86
23rd May 2019, 03:34 PM
There's a prequel in the making apparently, feels like the end of an era, a lot of personal stuff happened for me during the show running, not good stuff either, John Snow story brings a lot of it back, always doing or trying to do the right thing, to do right by people and look after everyone else, giving everything up for those people and getting fucked over for it, guess that's why I didn't like the ending, too close to home

The episode where Jon chases a couple of kids on a bus will live long in the memory....

red4life86
23rd May 2019, 03:39 PM
If they’d have had a three hour finale which incorporated the destruction of Kings Landing with the subsequent fall out and resolution, there’d be far less moaning.

It only seems quick because they had so much to fit in, there was sod all wrong with it.

People are struggling to get past the anger stage of grief after losing such an epic programme.

Balinkay
23rd May 2019, 11:46 PM
Going to have to disagree on that one r4l. It was poorly thought out and way below what the first four seasons of this show deserved.

justme
24th May 2019, 01:01 AM
The ending wasn't bad/bad. It well worth watching. Just they built up the night king to such proportions. You could have envisaged him doing some serious damage. It was bit of whimper his demise .He never actually fought anyone.

red4life86
24th May 2019, 02:01 AM
We’re on 8 now Bali. Time to let go, it was fine. You’re upset because it’s gone, fair enough, but as with the moaning cunts telling Jurgen what he needs to do each match thread, it’s unlikely anyone could actually do better.

(Obviously in Klopp case he could’ve got 114 points, ergo he’s shit and needs replacing...)

If you want to watch a show that genuinely pisses on its first 4 series, watch Dexter. GOT doesn’t even come close to taking the piss by comparison.

red4life86
24th May 2019, 02:04 AM
The ending wasn't bad/bad. It well worth watching. Just they built up the night king to such proportions. You could have envisaged him doing some serious damage. It was bit of whimper his demise .He never actually fought anyone.

That’s probably the only thing I’d like to have seen more of. Not sure if these should’ve been 4 x 3 hour episodes, think that might’ve been better and as a result could’ve given an other few hours to the night king. But as above, I couldn’t have written it as well as they did for 8 series so fuck it, well done B&W

Balinkay
24th May 2019, 08:25 AM
We’re on 8 now Bali. Time to let go, it was fine. You’re upset because it’s gone, fair enough, but as with the moaning cunts telling Jurgen what he needs to do each match thread, it’s unlikely anyone could actually do better.

(Obviously in Klopp case he could’ve got 114 points, ergo he’s shit and needs replacing...)

If you want to watch a show that genuinely pisses on its first 4 series, watch Dexter. GOT doesn’t even come close to taking the piss by comparison.

With that last bit I certainly agree. But then again I never held Dexter in as high a regard as I do GoT, even though I do like it and have seen the first four / five seasons like three times.

I'm not particularly annoyed it's gone - I can just watch it again. A good series, much like a good book, bears rewatching multiple times. These last two seasons do not. So many seeds were planted and never explored, so much dumb shite happened. Of course I'm upset about how it ended. The fact that I'm rather relieved it's over should tell you how much worse the show had become for me.

justme
24th May 2019, 01:14 PM
Balinkay prefers EastEnders to most things..
One of my Favourites series was ER.. I only watched it recently but it was a terrific series in my opinion.
Game of thrones is in my top 5 along with Dexter.

Balinkay
24th May 2019, 02:16 PM
Never seen East Enders. I do know it's a popular UK show, but have no idea what it's about and when it takes place.

Insidious
28th May 2019, 08:41 AM
Never seen East Enders. I do know it's a popular UK show, but have no idea what it's about and when it takes place.

"Sticka kettle on luv, big geezer lost his teeth, the microwave is pregnant and muh sista got abandoned by Rickie - also da budgie needs an abortion innit, phwoar"

Balinkay
29th May 2019, 09:05 AM
Huh, didn't know the UK had its TV version of Alabama.

ShermanKat
4th August 2019, 08:43 AM
there is that as well. some of the game modes that exist now are pretty much avoided and we already lost one to the depths of not being popular enough.

LFC vs PFC
4th August 2019, 10:16 AM
...and I'm up to date. Having watched Season 2-8 in the last couple of months I found the ending entirely meh.
The main problem as with a lot of series, in looking at you Lost, is that it's much easier setting stories up than concluding them.
You can tell it was no longer based on the books, as the writers and producers seemed to find the quickest way to wrap things up without paying any attention to the way in which the characters had been developed up to this point. It was far too much 'appease the fans' writing. The only thing that they were missing in the last season and a half was a massive flashing sign saying 'We're making Daenerys less likeable now as we're going to kill her off'. As for Jaime, let's get him to have a revelation so that he can go on this side for a bit so we can tick off the sleeping with Brienne, then once that's done, we'll get him to go back to give him closure.
The white walkers as everyone else has said was a complete mystery. Why allude to them in the first episode if it's just a generic baddie dying in the last series with no depth to the storyline.
A much better ending would have been Cersei winning, executing everyone in a shock episode, finally having her baby, then the white Walker chap comes in kills them, as is his way with babies, then a new age starts.

LFC vs PFC
4th August 2019, 10:26 AM
Anyway, just started Deadwood - looks great already, then got Band of Brothers, Elementary and Good Omens lined up next.
Do love the summer holidays, sod this going outside shit!

Balinkay
4th August 2019, 10:59 AM
Band of Brothers is top notch. Just saw Good Omens too - not bad either.

justme
4th August 2019, 12:00 PM
Any one into stranger things? I just half way through season 2. I enjoy it any way if no one else does

LFC vs PFC
4th August 2019, 12:41 PM
Any one into stranger things? I just half way through season 2. I enjoy it any way if no one else does

Loved the first series, wasn't overly fussed about watching series 2, seemed to be like the Sopranos, did all it needed to in the first series.

Balinkay
4th August 2019, 01:24 PM

Seen all three seasons. Loved season 1, really disliked season 2 and season 3 was very "meh".