PDA

View Full Version : Needing to 'sign in' to view the forum.

RedNoodle
24th April 2019, 01:55 PM
Today whilst trying to look at the forum a message has appeared stating that you need to log on in order to be able to view the boards. Is this a glitch or a new temporary/permanent requirement? If it's the latter, what is the reason behind it?

DVR
24th April 2019, 09:15 PM
Ive lost my account today with the new login bollix.

Why was the edit function ballsed up too this year ?

CCTV
24th April 2019, 09:29 PM
Got it back :)

CCTV
24th April 2019, 09:30 PM
Is it to prevent people lurking ?

skyebo
24th April 2019, 11:41 PM
TBH, I never log out. It may look like i'm always online but i'm not. I forgot my password once and the man who runs it had to help me with a new one to get me back in.

RedNoodle
25th April 2019, 03:04 AM
Is it to prevent people lurking ?

Other than a sudden influx of trolls/wums, why would you do that? Not being able to view anything without first signing up isn't going to help attract new members.

Balinkay
25th April 2019, 08:47 AM
TBH, I never log out. It may look like i'm always online but i'm not. I forgot my password once and the man who runs it had to help me with a new one to get me back in.

I think it only shows you as online when you actually are.

Balinkay
25th April 2019, 08:48 AM
Other than a sudden influx of trolls/wums, why would you do that? Not being able to view anything without first signing up isn't going to help attract new members.

This.

skyebo
25th April 2019, 10:47 AM
I think it only shows you as online when you actually are.

Oh right, I didn't know that.

CCTV
25th April 2019, 06:12 PM

True. Who knows what is behind the decision ? Same with the edit function being limited to an hour, downright annoying at times and you cant delete or edit a post after an hour.

RedNoodle
25th April 2019, 07:18 PM
True. Who knows what is behind the decision ? Same with the edit function being limited to an hour, downright annoying at times and you cant delete or edit a post after an hour.

It is annoying for people like me who continually make typos or repeat words e.g. my last post in the GOT thread.

RedNoodle
27th April 2019, 05:41 PM
Still no word as to why this has been implemented?

tetley
28th April 2019, 12:28 PM
Its a bit of a pisser at work when im trying to have a quick look.At first i thought the gaffers had put a block on here like the've done with a lot of the other stuff i like to have a look at.

RedNoodle
28th April 2019, 08:01 PM
Its a bit of a pisser at work when im trying to have a quick look.At first i thought the gaffers had put a block on here like the've done with a lot of the other stuff i like to have a look at.

Dare I ask what exactly you've been looking at? ;)

Kev0909
28th April 2019, 09:07 PM
Guess they hope more people bother to sign up?

skyebo
28th April 2019, 09:12 PM
There are a few new members who haven't posted anything yet.

southernboy
29th April 2019, 12:17 AM

I never sign out either. I often leave tabs open... not sure if that shows I’m online.

I obviously haven’t come across the need to sign in, but it does seem like a counterintuitive decision.

Also, I tried to report a spammer a couple of weeks back (footballer I think was his username) and the report function doesn’t work anymore ( The little black triangle with the exclamation mark in it).

Balinkay
29th April 2019, 07:42 AM
There are a few new members who haven't posted anything yet.

How do you know?

Gary
29th April 2019, 02:11 PM
Apologies for the inconvenience, but this was introduced to prevent a huge influx of spam registrations and has worked well so far so continuing for now. It's also resulted in a boost in new genuine registrations too so hopefully some new faces will be popping up soon.

CCTV
29th April 2019, 02:36 PM
Apologies for the inconvenience, but this was introduced to prevent a huge influx of spam registrations and has worked well so far so continuing for now. It's also resulted in a boost in new genuine registrations too so hopefully some new faces will be popping up soon.

Cool. Can you explain the edit change to 1 hour

skyebo
29th April 2019, 02:58 PM
How do you know?

On the home page it says the latest new member's names. If they have posted, it's not on the football forum.

Balinkay
29th April 2019, 03:04 PM

Excellent - if the metrics are looking good, it's hard to argue.

Balinkay
29th April 2019, 03:05 PM
On the home page it says the latest new member's names. If they have posted, it's not on the football forum.

Ah, nice, cheers!

CCTV
30th April 2019, 06:05 AM
Excellent - if the metrics are looking good, it's hard to argue.

I created a new account to login :) cause I was a bit dumbo at the time :D

Lorenzo
1st May 2019, 01:48 PM

And maybe some old ones crawling out of the woodwork... :-)