PDA

View Full Version : Naby Keita

miller0863
3rd May 2019, 06:02 PM
Liverpool midfielder Naby Keita is out for at least two months with a thigh injury suffered in the Champions League defeat at Barcelona.

The Guinea international will miss the rest of the season and is doubtful for the Africa Cup of Nations, which starts on 21 June in Egypt.

"It is unlucky," said Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp. "A high-grade adductor injury; the tendon is ruptured.

"Bad news for us and him as the Africa Cup of Nations is coming up."

Keita was forced off after 24 minutes in the first leg of the semi-final at the Nou Camp, which the Reds lost 3-0.

He will miss the return leg at Anfield as well as Liverpool's remaining two league games against Newcastle United and Wolves.

Disappointing end to a difficult first season. We’re starting to see some green shoots from him, be good for him to have a nice rest and a full pre season.

justme
3rd May 2019, 06:16 PM
It was the scissor challenge from a Barca player in the first few minutes, that opened up his groin..He was never right after that. He tried to play on, But not luck.

ianlfc
3rd May 2019, 06:21 PM
It was the scissor challenge from a Barca player in the first few minutes, that opened up his groin..He was never right after that. He tried to play on, But not luck.

That was a yellow all day long. One of a few awful decisions against us.

RedNoodle
3rd May 2019, 06:39 PM

If the roles had been reversed, I would have not been surprised in the slightest if Keita had been sent off.

redebreck
3rd May 2019, 07:17 PM

If the roles had been reversed, I would have not been surprised in the slightest if Keita had been sent off.

Spanish teams seem to get a horrendous amount of luck in the European competitions. I wonder why?

RedNoodle
3rd May 2019, 07:27 PM
Spanish teams seem to get a horrendous amount of luck in the European competitions. I wonder why?

Because the two biggest clubs outside of England are Spanish, and most of those involved at the top end of FIFA/UEFA are non English. Unfortunately for us everyone else is bitter/jealous of England/Britain/UK and the Premier League, and as such they will do whatever possible to f-us over.

Nineteenx
3rd May 2019, 07:37 PM
Well, i hope Keita makes a full and speedy recovery

jamesugw
3rd May 2019, 09:35 PM
Because the two biggest clubs outside of England are Spanish, and most of those involved at the top end of FIFA/UEFA are non English. Unfortunately for us everyone else is bitter/jealous of England/Britain/UK and the Premier League, and as such they will do whatever possible to f-us over.
Seriously?! What sort of jingoistic, inferiority-complex, little Englander bullshit is this?
Note: NO-ONE is jealous of England/Britain/UK

RedNoodle
3rd May 2019, 09:52 PM
Seriously?! What sort of jingoistic, inferiority-complex, little Englander bullshit is this?

That's why UEFA and other top European leagues are pushing for a European super league, something that will strengthen their teams, but weaken the English teams. I suggest you go and read up on the subject. The PL urinates all over the other European leagues in terms of both popularity and finances, and the latter don't like it one bit. Everyone knows that UEFA desperately want a Barca v Real Madrid or Messi v Ronaldo final year after year.

Nineteenx
3rd May 2019, 09:53 PM

He did say bitter/jealous, i don't believe anyone outside the uk is in any way jealous when British clubs are very successful in Europe, they are bitter though, bitter as hell, the UK in general isn't very well liked or thought of throughout Europe

jamesugw
3rd May 2019, 10:04 PM
He did say bitter/jealous, i don't believe anyone outside the uk is in any way jealous when British clubs are very successful in Europe, they are bitter though, bitter as hell, the UK in general isn't very well liked or thought of throughout Europe
‘Bitter’? Really? I have never ever encountered anyone in continental Europe being bitter of the UK. I mean, what on earth would they have to be bitter about?
As an Irishman, I have an allergy to the little Englander baloney that RedNoodle has spouted out on occasion (and his response to my post is so meandering and divorced from reality, it reminds me of my Auntie Sarah in her later years).
In fact, in my experience, throughout continental Europe and beyond, people are wondering how what was once a pragmatic, common-sense nation is now behaving as if it’s got its adolescent head permanently shoved up its arse.

Nineteenx
3rd May 2019, 10:29 PM
‘Bitter’? Really? I have never ever encountered anyone in continental Europe being bitter of the UK. I mean, what on earth would they have to be bitter about?
As an Irishman, I have an allergy to the little Englander baloney that RedNoodle has spouted out on occasion (and his response to my post is so meandering and divorced from reality, it reminds me of my Auntie Sarah in her later years).
In fact, in my experience, throughout continental Europe and beyond, people are wondering how what was once a pragmatic, common-sense nation is now behaving as if it’s got its adolescent head permanently shoved up its arse.

Bitter as in not liking the English, they don't have a problem with the Scots or Irish, too much Brits abroad stereo typical holiday makers and too many unruly squaddies over the years, i never had a problem, several nations tried to adopt me as their own, but i'm me, behind the adoptation there was always the 'you can't be, you're not really English'

miller0863
3rd May 2019, 10:33 PM
Whereas your one eyed rhetoric is a completely unbiased and balanced commentary on reality.
Typical anti English Celtic bigotry.

RedNoodle
3rd May 2019, 10:38 PM
The fact you immediately resorted to using terms like "little Englander" as well as mentioning your own nationality suggests to me that rather than anything being wrong/erroneous with what I said, you are just one of those bitter/jealous people I'm actually talking about, though I sense with you it goes further than that.

Nineteenx
3rd May 2019, 11:54 PM
Anyway, speedy full recovery Naby

southernboy
4th May 2019, 12:45 AM

Absolutely. In a selfish glass half full sense, it’s good that he’ll miss the ACN but should be back fit for our preseason.

Balinkay
4th May 2019, 08:44 AM

Err, that's not really the most reasonable explanation I think.

Uefalona and Real have got help in the past because they're guaranteed to the be domestic champs once every two years, pay higher wages than the rest and are traditionally clubs that play flairy football that's likely to draw big crowds and good players. But since there's two of them, they're ideal as the league isn't boring. Factor in the lower taxes and better (for them two) TV money distribution in Spain and you can easily see why they're the safer bet for UEFA to build their CL brand around and not the English clubs. The only thing of which the Spanish could be jealous when it comes the UK football is the TV money.

Compare them to United or City who have tougher domestic games, no winter break and have six teams competing for four CL places each year and it's easy to see why they're not ideal "franchise carrying clubs".

jamesugw
4th May 2019, 10:26 AM
Whereas your one eyed rhetoric is a completely unbiased and balanced commentary on reality.
Typical anti English Celtic bigotry.
I've lived here for over half my life, my children were born here, all my closest friends are English, it's a country - well, until it took leave of its faculties c. June 2016 - rooted in noble characteristics: tolerance, a sense of fair play, a wariness of ideologies of all descriptions.
But if you can't see the one-eyed, self-pitying, jingoistic, delusional Little Englander claptrap that RedNoodle spouted for what it is, then I have nothing more to say to you on this, I'm afraid...

Balinkay
4th May 2019, 10:32 AM
So many new words I'm learning on this thread. :D

@james

I don't know if "welcome" is in order, since you've technically been around longer than me, but good to see more people posting. We could get a nice separate thread about UEFA's preference for the Spanish giants going if there's a discussion to be had there. :)

jamesugw
4th May 2019, 10:34 AM
The fact you immediately resorted to using terms like "little Englander" as well as mentioning your own nationality suggests to me that rather than anything being wrong/erroneous with what I said, you are just one of those bitter/jealous people I'm actually talking about, though I sense with you it goes further than that.

I'm beginning to think that you don't know what these words 'jealous' and 'bitter' mean. Again: Jealous of what? Bitter about what?
Your mini-rant - "Unfortunately for us everyone else is bitter/jealous of England/Britain/UK and the Premier League, and as such they will do whatever possible to f-us over" - gets to the heart of what has gone awry in this country in recent years. Your delusional, paranoid, self-pitying spew, saturated as it is in a chronically low self-esteem, is the type of baloney which, unfortunately, has now taken centre-stage in the body politic of this country. Among other things, I recommend Fintan O'Toole's 'Heroic Failure' - a good read

miller0863
4th May 2019, 10:39 AM
That’s a relief

jamesugw
4th May 2019, 10:39 AM
So many new words I'm learning on this thread. :D

@james

I don't know if "welcome" is in order, since you've technically been around longer than me, but good to see more people posting. We could get a nice separate thread about UEFA's preference for the Spanish giants going if there's a discussion to be had there. :)

Thank you. I come on here usually to follow matches - unfortunately I don't have Sky or BT and the updates here are way quicker (and more entertaining) than the BBC, Guardian, etc... What I love about following the match day threads here is that it's proper football supporters' stuff - whenever I'm watching a game, any misplaced place incurs my wrath, whereas you switch over to the BBC and everything is sweetness and light - they just don't feel the pain!!

jamesugw
4th May 2019, 10:42 AM

+1

jamesugw
4th May 2019, 10:45 AM
That’s a relief

Touché!

shminkyred
4th May 2019, 01:33 PM
I'm beginning to think that you don't know what these words 'jealous' and 'bitter' mean. Again: Jealous of what? Bitter about what?
Your mini-rant - "Unfortunately for us everyone else is bitter/jealous of England/Britain/UK and the Premier League, and as such they will do whatever possible to f-us over" - gets to the heart of what has gone awry in this country in recent years. Your delusional, paranoid, self-pitying spew, saturated as it is in a chronically low self-esteem, is the type of baloney which, unfortunately, has now taken centre-stage in the body politic of this country. Among other things, I recommend Fintan O'Toole's 'Heroic Failure' - a good read

Thought this thread was about Naby and Football???
We get enough of this shite e everywhere else..

RedNoodle
4th May 2019, 01:42 PM
I've lived here for over half my life, my children were born here, all my closest friends are English, it's a country - well, until it took leave of its faculties c. June 2016 - rooted in noble characteristics: tolerance, a sense of fair play, a wariness of ideologies of all descriptions.
But if you can't see the one-eyed, self-pitying, jingoistic, delusional Little Englander claptrap that RedNoodle spouted for what it is, then I have nothing more to say to you on this, I'm afraid...

Me think thou doth protest too much. Usually the OTT response by someone who is the exact opposite of what they claim to be.

RedNoodle
4th May 2019, 01:54 PM
Err, that's not really the most reasonable explanation I think.

Uefalona and Real have got help in the past because they're guaranteed to the be domestic champs once every two years, pay higher wages than the rest and are traditionally clubs that play flairy football that's likely to draw big crowds and good players. But since there's two of them, they're ideal as the league isn't boring. Factor in the lower taxes and better (for them two) TV money distribution in Spain and you can easily see why they're the safer bet for UEFA to build their CL brand around and not the English clubs. The only thing of which the Spanish could be jealous when it comes the UK football is the TV money.

Compare them to United or City who have tougher domestic games, no winter break and have six teams competing for four CL places each year and it's easy to see why they're not ideal "franchise carrying clubs".

Do the likes of Real and Barca 'cheat' both on and off the pitch? Yes. Do those in charge both on and off the pitch clamp down on these clubs/antics as much or as hard as they do/would with English clubs? No.

Are the rest of Europe bitter/jealous/envious of the PL. Yes.

That's all I'm saying. Do those in charge "do anything/everything they can to f-us over"? Possibly/probably not, but there is enough evidence out there to suggest that the scales of 'favouritism' definitely tip further in favour of the likes of the two clubs I mentioned.

Balinkay
4th May 2019, 03:02 PM
Do the likes of Real and Barca 'cheat' both on and off the pitch? Yes. Do those in charge both on and off the pitch clamp down on these clubs/antics as much or as hard as they do/would with English clubs? No.

Are the rest of Europe bitter/jealous/envious of the PL. Yes.

That's all I'm saying. Do those in charge "do anything/everything they can to f-us over"? Possibly/probably not, but there is enough evidence out there to suggest that the scales of 'favouritism' definitely tip further in favour of the likes of the two clubs I mentioned.

It's all business - they're jealous of the TV deal, nothing more, nothing less. They're going about constructing their own. They're certainly not jealous of the quality of the sides in the league.

RedNoodle
4th May 2019, 03:14 PM
It's all business - they're jealous of the TV deal, nothing more, nothing less. They're going about constructing their own. They're certainly not jealous of the quality of the sides in the league.

Those first three words say it all. You'd think by now that people's eyes would be open to the fact that when it comes to money and power, many individuals and organisations will do all they can to get those things for themselves, even if it means engaging in some very dubious, even illegal practices.

CCTV
4th May 2019, 03:56 PM

There's a Brexit thread in the off topic section

CCTV
4th May 2019, 03:57 PM
Admire your circularity James :D

CCTV
18th September 2021, 07:30 PM
Well in today Naby, a very nice strike
Would have been funny if the home crowd did the darts tune (Barbara Streisand) with Naby Keita ah woooo woo woo while he was striking a pose thereafter

Need to stay fit and bang in another 10 this season.

Insidious
18th September 2021, 07:59 PM
Have seen the strike, a beautiful hit - touch of the Garcia/Meireles about it.

Interested to see how he plays this season. When he was first purchased (I know he came to us a year later) we had Moreno and Clyne as our full-backs, so he will have been picked up with a view to vertical ball progression, but these days so much of the creativity comes from Trent/Robertson with the ball often pushed their way via diagonals, so the "need" for Keita to do what he was initially acquired for is lessened.

If he can do the "Gini" job but with a few more goals/assists (as he'll never match the reliability of availability) I think we can be very pleased. Hopefully he isn't over-used on international duty as that has been a recurring issue.

ianlfc
18th September 2021, 09:37 PM
That was a hell of a goal today, maybe he's not the African Lucas after all if he can score goals like that !!

ianlfc
26th September 2021, 03:51 PM
I thought yous were joking when someone said on here he's injured from kicking the ground the other night.
He needs to grow a set of balls and toughen up. (I was going to say man up but you can't say that now )

miller0863
26th September 2021, 04:31 PM
Needs shifting on. A part ex back to Germany is possibly our best option, too brittle for the Premier League, particularly highlighted by the fact he actually injured himself this time, while playing against Norwich’s kids.

Steveo
27th September 2021, 07:39 AM
Apparently we are entering talks with Naby on a new contract. I assume to avoid him nursing his toe then leaving on a free…

Kev0909
27th September 2021, 08:06 AM
Apparently we are entering talks with Naby on a new contract. I assume to avoid him nursing his toe then leaving on a free…

50k payrise hopefully, so worth it

miller0863
27th September 2021, 08:27 AM
If ever a player didn’t warrant a pay rise…

Kev0909
27th September 2021, 08:47 AM
If ever a player didn’t warrant a pay rise…

But he scored a good goal!

skyebo
27th September 2021, 08:56 AM
He's stealing a living.

Kev0909
27th September 2021, 09:07 AM
He's stealing a living.

Worse than Ox though??

Hopefully thiago isn't out for long and remains fit, bit concerned about our midfield falling to pieces quite literally this season, hope Elliot can return and get fit with some games to go

LEGS
27th September 2021, 10:12 AM
Worse than Ox though??

Hopefully thiago isn't out for long and remains fit, bit concerned about our midfield falling to pieces quite literally this season, hope Elliot can return and get fit with some games to go

With Ox he has suffered serious ACL injuries and I feel for him you can see he tries hard too hard at times instead of simple ball.

Keita kicks floor and is out for who knows ive never known anything like it mate !!

Kev0909
27th September 2021, 10:15 AM
I suppose, But I feel Ox gets away with a lot because he's english

He's ruined, he's never going to play much of a part for us, he simply isn't that great either.

I miss us having a top midfield, even if we had jay spearing as backiup lolz (probably still was more useful than keita)

Need 2 youngish midfielders for me, one a top talent who can be a starter, and one a good squad player, who is reliable and decent.

I can't see us getting 2 though we'll be lucky to get anyone it seems.

LEGS
27th September 2021, 10:29 AM
Possibly Kev I think its clear he gives his all and that is the bare minimum.

Ox could get another club im sure someone like West Ham/Villa would pay £20m for him.

Bissouma is the man he chews up ground and is a very good player only 24-25.

Baku in Germany would be a good option as he can play RB to a good standard as well.

People will mention Bellingham but he will cost far too much which probably rules is out.

TheDOC1979
27th September 2021, 10:35 AM
Keita is a decent player. We’re not entirely utilising his ability. As much as I hated Wijnaldum in a red shirt, if he had played the role he was playing in the Dutch team, you’d bet your arses I’d be all over him.

Personally, I think Keita is one of our most gifted midfielders. (Thiago aside). You have to question what his duties are and what the manager is asking him to do. Same with others, being played out of position or playing when off form. Klopp bashing, maybe, but he has a duty to manage the team and come up with different tactics as ours are literally the same, win lose or draw.

Kev0909
27th September 2021, 10:38 AM
Keita is a decent player. We’re not entirely utilising his ability. As much as I hated Wijnaldum in a red shirt, if he had played the role he was playing in the Dutch team, you’d bet your arses I’d be all over him.

Personally, I think Keita is one of our most gifted midfielders. (Thiago aside). You have to question what his duties are and what the manager is asking him to do. Same with others, being played out of position or playing when off form. Klopp bashing, maybe, but he has a duty to manage the team and come up with different tactics as ours are literally the same, win lose or draw.

we can't keep hoping he'll actually be able to get a run of games perform well, actually not get injured, and actually be fit forever though Doc too long as it is for me, just like Ox, all for giving players time, but these 2 take the piss, and need to go. at least they're a bit younger than the rest of the midifeld... apart from Jones and I guess elliot if we're calling him a midfielder now.

TheDOC1979
27th September 2021, 10:41 AM
we can't keep hoping he'll actually be able to get a run of games perform well, actually not get injured, and actually be fit forever though Doc too long as it is for me, just like Ox, all for giving players time, but these 2 take the piss, and need to go. at least they're a bit younger than the rest of the midifeld... apart from Jones and I guess elliot if we're calling him a midfielder now.

That’s a fair comment Kev. You’re right about Ox though. If he wasn’t English, we’d be looking at shipping him out

Steveo
27th September 2021, 10:43 AM

Perhaps but think miller nailed it with these 2 words "too brittle".

LEGS
27th September 2021, 10:46 AM

Klopp is like Ferguson/Mourinho/Pep the team comes first and if you cant do the job you are out.

Klopp does tinker with formations at times to be fair but yes he tends to like his 433.

Most big clubs wont change tactics as they have belief in what they do will work and 90% of the time it does work.

Keita is talented but for me his walking around the pitch at Madrid in the QF last year totally unacceptable and Klopp thought so too hooking him before HT.

Its for the best if Bayern are after him and we replace him with a more robust player like Bissouma as an example.

TheDOC1979
27th September 2021, 10:59 AM
Klopp is like Ferguson/Mourinho/Pep the team comes first and if you cant do the job you are out.

Klopp does tinker with formations at times to be fair but yes he tends to like his 433.

Most big clubs wont change tactics as they have belief in what they do will work and 90% of the time it does work.

Keita is talented but for me his walking around the pitch at Madrid in the QF last year totally unacceptable and Klopp thought so too hooking him before HT.

Its for the best if Bayern are after him and we replace him with a more robust player like Bissouma as an example.

Robertson isn’t currently doing his job, Minamino and Origi gave it a fair go and seemed like it was going well but they were chalked for the so called favourites.

Not sure if Bayern would risk taking him at this stage. Shame really, had high hopes for him

LEGS
27th September 2021, 11:08 AM
Robertson isn’t currently doing his job, Minamino and Origi gave it a fair go and seemed like it was going well but they were chalked for the so called favourites.

Not sure if Bayern would risk taking him at this stage. Shame really, had high hopes for him

We will see tomorrow I expect Tsimikas to start against Porto.

I think for £20m Bayern may go for him and he used to play for Nagelsmann at RB Leipzig.

Taki and Origi will get games plus Origi got a big one against Milan wouldnt surprise me if one of them started at Porto.

Klopp like anyone makes mistakes but he is an elite manager for a reason 90% of the time he gets it right.

miller0863
27th September 2021, 11:29 AM
Said the same about Ox Kev, Bissouma in January and Bellingham as a major signing in the summer, that would be the ideal for me. I really believe we will make a big statement signing next summer which is why we held back this year from buying squad players.
That and we couldn’t shift the players we are trying to move on, Origi etc

miller0863
27th September 2021, 11:33 AM
Keita could also go the other way in a Bellingham swap, he was very good in Germany.

TheDOC1979
27th September 2021, 12:45 PM
Keita could also go the other way in a Bellingham swap, he was very good in Germany.

Have we ever had a player performing well when coming from the Bundesliga?

Steveo
27th September 2021, 01:03 PM
Matip was good - then went floppy and then came good again - when fit - with the arrival of Virgil

justme
27th September 2021, 01:05 PM
Keita is apparently training with the squad today a head of the Porto match. so hes still hot his toe.. so thats something

skyebo
27th September 2021, 04:15 PM
Worse than Ox though??

Both have been costly flops.

justme
27th September 2021, 04:22 PM
Im sure his toe was HOT when he kicked the floor. But meant hes still got his toe

Daffydd
27th September 2021, 04:23 PM
Have we ever had a player performing well when coming from the Bundesliga?

Yes.

https://thefootballfaithful.com/every-player-liverpool-signed-from-bundesliga/

Steveo
27th September 2021, 05:32 PM
Yep, some good players in there - but ridiculous ratings. Patrick Berger only a 6 with Naby Keita a 5? Bobby has been superb for a long spell but 9/10..? Get outa town

skyebo
27th September 2021, 05:49 PM
Just steer clear of names beginning with K. Keita Klavan Karius

TheDOC1979
27th September 2021, 06:31 PM
Just steer clear of names beginning with K. Keita Klavan Karius

Poor Konate, can't even catch a break...

TheDOC1979
27th September 2021, 06:36 PM
Yes.

https://thefootballfaithful.com/every-player-liverpool-signed-from-bundesliga/

Firmino hit and miss, similar with Emre (not always at the races) Thiago, quality, but hasn't reached potential. Matip, very injury prone. Berger and Babbel are the two id say meet the cut. The percentage of "performing well" players from Bundesliga doesn't look good for us

skyebo
27th September 2021, 06:38 PM
Poor Konate, can't even catch a break...

I'm hoping he's the exception rather than the rule.

Daffydd
27th September 2021, 06:50 PM
Kewell, Kuyt, Keegan, Kennedy er... Kenny

ianlfc
27th September 2021, 07:15 PM
Rest easy lads. Sky Sports are saying Liverpool have been boosted by the return of Naby Keita for the Porto game.

Steveo
27th September 2021, 07:21 PM
That’s toe’tally fantastic news.

He’s a shoo-in

And relax.. :D

skyebo
27th September 2021, 08:22 PM
Kewell, Kuyt, Keegan, Kennedy er... Kenny
I'm referring to players that Klopp has signed, and who is Kenny Kalglish ?

Daffydd
27th September 2021, 08:38 PM
I'm referring to players that Klopp has signed, and who is Kenny Kalglish ?

My barman undershtands every word I shay

skyebo
27th September 2021, 08:41 PM
My barman undershtands every word I shay

lol

Insidious
20th October 2021, 11:42 AM
He's getting a lot of criticism about the goals last night and he certainly wasn't great in that aspect, but I'm not sure why the Twitterati act as if a player has never been dribbled past by an audacious talent before - happens to our opponents all the time.

Is that 3 matches with Guinea, a full match with us against Watford and that half against Atletico without injury?

Hopefully we're getting closer to working out how to keep him fit. He's far from perfect but he is a good option to have.

miller0863
20th October 2021, 11:47 AM
Really don’t think he’s the level we need in our midfield. Subbed off early again in Madrid, just not good enough. I don’t remember that happening to any other player apart from Lovren at Spurs early doors.

faridtoxteth
20th October 2021, 12:06 PM
He's not bad going forward, but maybe his position in our system, or the system itself just doesn't suit him. It's getting like groundhog day now with him having to get subbed off.
I know he has had injuries and don't want to be too down on the lad, but we had high hopes and he simply hasn't made it. Wasn't he one of Klopp's first signings? A long time ago.

redebreck
20th October 2021, 03:26 PM
Seems a decent attacking option, but a bit shit when it comes to defensive duties.

Fair bit of defensive coaching perhaps required.

Unless his injuries/lack of general fitness are making him "too tired" to defend with any quality.

HLOGI
20th October 2021, 03:55 PM
He got skinned by 2 of the most expensive and trickiest players in woeld football. Jaoa Felix has that ball toed to his shoe laces. Lemar could have done anu player on that 1 v 1.

People are crucifying the guy innecesarily. He was piss poor for the goals but all he needs now is support. He has played well this season and jas scored 2 goals this season. Let us give him the support needed.

eggy81
20th October 2021, 04:14 PM
He got skinned by 2 of the most expensive and trickiest players in woeld football. Jaoa Felix has that ball toed to his shoe laces. Lemar could have done anu player on that 1 v 1.

People are crucifying the guy innecesarily. He was piss poor for the goals but all he needs now is support. He has played well this season and jas scored 2 goals this season. Let us give him the support needed.

Indeed. Personally thought the biggest problem we had last night was tactical. What were we doing leaving 3 on 3 and sometimes worse when 2-0 up. It’s the one thing negative IMO about klopps overall system. That game should have been ground to a halt at 2-0.

Kev0909
20th October 2021, 04:19 PM
didn't we win? why is there so much negativity still around here. atletico away isn't easy sure the red card helped but still.

What a result, job done as far as group stage is concerned.

eggy81
20th October 2021, 04:22 PM
didn't we win? why is there so much negativity still around here. atletico away isn't easy sure the red card helped but still.

Yep. Great victory. Very seldom you can expect to coast past a side of such quality and cunning

LFC-DPG
20th October 2021, 05:19 PM

And this is against the top team in Spain away from home. Great win.

LEGS
20th October 2021, 05:34 PM
A draw against Madrid at Anfield means we are through.

ianlfc
20th October 2021, 06:01 PM

The thread is about Naby. Great goal last night but other than that he was bloody awful. For a so called box to box midfielder he hasn't a clue about defending.

LFC-DPG
20th October 2021, 06:48 PM
Apart from the goal he was very average, pretty much like his time at Anfield.

Any offer over £25m and I’d get rid.

southernboy
20th October 2021, 07:18 PM
He's the epitome of a luxury player. Just doesn't work hard enough for my liking.

As for last night, sure, he was skinned by two of the best players in European football, but Klopp also felt he wasn't up to the job. In his defence, he's been out injured (again) so may not be completely match fit. I'll be amazed if he starts against the Mancs.

miller0863
20th October 2021, 07:40 PM
I’d be concerned

Miami Red
20th October 2021, 09:58 PM
I would never play him on the right again, he seems to do much better on the left where he's not as exposed (with Robbo and Sadio being better defenders). Playing him on the right is asking for trouble.

Nineteenx
20th October 2021, 10:04 PM
I would never play him on the right again, he seems to do much better on the left where he's not as exposed (with Robbo and Sadio being better defenders). Playing him on the right is asking for trouble.

I don't like him on the right to be honest and never have and with the exemplary job Milner has done at RB when called upon already this season, Millie and Trent down our right with Keita at LCM would have been the better set up for me.

I don't think Naby is a player for such big games, he's a good player for lesser sides, but he's not been good enough when given the nod against any top side

LEGS
20th October 2021, 10:12 PM
I'd agree with what Nineteen says he is good enough to play in EPL for sure but against top sides im not sure.

At £50m he hasnt delivered really you dont pay that for a squad player he needed to be better than that.

teesred
20th October 2021, 10:27 PM
Like Miller says, I too will be worried and also surprised if he's in the starting 11 Sunday. You don't need players like him at OT. Milner,Fab,Hendo.

justme
20th October 2021, 11:35 PM
Just reading Tielemans has turned down a new contract offer.. so time will tell if he comes to us, would mean Keita is on even more borrowed time.

Nineteenx
21st October 2021, 12:29 AM
Just reading Tielemans has turned down a new contract offer.. so time will tell if he comes to us, would mean Keita is on even more borrowed time.

I'd rather have Ward-Prowse than Tielemans, in the respect of the elements of the game Keita is poor at that let him and the team down, Tielemans is equally as poor at pressing and when pressed and at tracking players he needs to and knowing when to stand up and when he has to go to ground, absolutely nothing like what we need, we'd be replacing Kieta with a player with exactly the same weaknesses but worse we can't afford in any of our 3 CMs

LEGS
21st October 2021, 09:26 AM
Interesting those two names appear Tielemans/Ward-Prowse both have excellent injury records too.

I think JWP would be a good signing I think he is under rated to be honest and he counts as HG too.

Bissouma would have been my choice but after his alledged arrest im not sure Klopp goes for him.

justme
21st October 2021, 10:12 AM
Didnt Ward prowse just sign a new 5 deal with Southampton in the summer? he was on his last year at the time. I like Declan Rice not as an holding midfield but a second midfield. Ie Keitas role..But as usual since hes English he will go for 90+ million

miller0863
21st October 2021, 10:51 AM
As results have shown this season in particular in the number of goals scored, midfield is the current priority however nice a shiny new striker would be. Our midfield is bang average considering our supposed lofty ambitions