PDA

View Full Version : I'm backing Robbo and Trent

Pages : [1] 2

Nineteenx
13th May 2019, 08:04 PM
Great assist haul from both our full backs this season, great improvements defensively by both too, but moving forward and the team and our play evolving further I'm backing both and especially Robbo to start regularly chipping in with goals.

More Robbo than Trent because of how we play and on Robbo's side the channel between full back and centre back or 3 centre back frequently gets opened up for him to have to the option to play the ball in behind the centre backs, send in a short cross, burst through the gap with the ball, or take one touch out of his feet and absolutely smash a low drive into either corner of the net. I can see Robbo bettering this season's assists tally and scoring at least 5 goals next season, maybe even as many as 10.

I hope he starts practicing shooting from that position after training as many players stay behind a while longer practicing certain things. He has an absolute pile driver of a shot on him, If he practices shooting from that area, low and hard into either corner, I'm certain he can add more goals to his game and take his play up a few notches more as with that ability will also come different decisions to make, require increased awareness of what's on as to which option he chooses, such a talented lad, absolutely one of THE best left backs in world football right now, if not the best and he's about to get a whole lot better.

For Trent it's a little different, how we play means he won't have as many shooting opportunities through the channel as will present themselves for Robbo, his shooting technique is also more side foot, dropped toe curler, whereas Robbo's is over the ball, top of the foot, blast straight through it. I still feel there is a lot more to come from Trent too and which will be great development for his game if he is to move forward into midfield later in his career. His crossing from the right is brilliant. I still feel he can develop his crossing from a bit deeper wide right to whip in the same type of ball Hendo does from inside right, over the centre back, dipping towards the far post area and I'm sure he will.

Where I think Trent's play will develop further is in situations in which Salah and Hendo are wide right, occupying full back and centre back and opening the channels, I think as things progress, in these situations Trent will learn to come forward in field into the inside right position Hendo often finds himself and deliver that same cross from there Hendo does so well but also, again with the right decision making, deliver the same slide rule balls through the channels and notch up a few goals by absolutely rifling shots into the bottom or top right hand corner from there.

So much ahead to look forward to, a Champions League final, 3 or 4 top quality new additions and Robbo and Trent getting even better and adding these elements to their already excellent play next season, or perhaps Robbo might even drill one into the bottom corner in the Champions League final? He's due one, it's been coming, might have had one in his last 2 games, maybe in Madrid it will be third time lucky

Nineteenx
15th May 2019, 04:14 PM
I'm certain they'll be even better next season, adding more assists and adding goals to their games, but WHAT a season both have had so far......

Trent broke the Premier League record for assists from full backs
Robbo broke the Premier League record for assists from full backs from open play

Nineteenx
18th May 2019, 10:17 PM
I think the 3 Cm's will stay a little deeper at times in games when the full backs get ahead of them, which will give us a front 5 with our fullbacks creativity and goalscoring potential

Allisson

Matip_____Van Dijk

Fabinho
Henderson________Keita/Playmaker

Trent______Bobby______Robertson

_____Salah__________Mane_____

Think it will do this quite a lot

Allisson

Matip_____Van Dijk

Fabinho

_____Trent__Bobby______Robertson

Salah__________Mane__________

And this

Allisson

Matip_____Van Dijk

Fabinho

Trent_____________Robertson_____

_____Salah__Bobby_________Mane

Nineteenx
29th May 2019, 06:08 AM
2Y5XH1zEaio

Come on Robbo ;)

pob
29th May 2019, 07:49 AM
Hope they've been practising their penalties. They'll definitely both be picked if it comes to that

Nineteenx
29th May 2019, 03:25 PM
Hope they've been practising their penalties. They'll definitely both be picked if it comes to that

I don't see it going past 90 minutes

Hope they've been practicing their shooting, particularly Robbo, in his last 3 games he was getting into and inside left position and had 3 very good efforts, except for he didn't put them in either corner and they were a good height for the keeper, he certainly hit them well enough, I hope Robbo's been practising smashing them into either bottom corner or high into the top left corner.

I really fancy Robbo to score on Saturday, I think Mane and Trippier is a good area to try and exploit, any Spurs fan will tell you that while he's a danger going forward, something we'll have to watch, he can be got at defensively, Spurs players know that too, so Alderweireld will always having to be looking to be on the cover, if Mane takes Trippier to the line a few times, which i'm sure Mane will, you can expect Alderweireld to be coming over outside the near post area, which sets it up perfectly for the ball to go back to Robbo in that inside left position and drill one home

justincredible
30th May 2019, 06:32 AM
A nice piece on Robbo from the BBC....

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48413180

mol
30th May 2019, 01:31 PM
https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/andy-robertson-liverpool-champions-league?utm_medium=fw&utm_source=anfieldhq

redebreck
31st May 2019, 09:43 PM
https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/andy-robertson-liverpool-champions-league?utm_medium=fw&utm_source=anfieldhq

brilliant article

Nineteenx
1st June 2019, 03:07 AM
That bottom right corner looks good against Lloris Robbo :)

O_Fj3ICMZZY

Aldo1988
1st June 2019, 11:48 AM
Put your money on a Spurs own goal or a pen for us, Spurs love making mistakes against us going by that video! Some top goal scorers in that vid, Downing, Markovic, Flanno and Balotelli.

Nineteenx
2nd June 2019, 06:19 PM
Put your money on a Spurs own goal or a pen for us, Spurs love making mistakes against us going by that video! Some top goal scorers in that vid, Downing, Markovic, Flanno and Balotelli.

Lol ;)

Looking forward to seeing both our full backs add at least 5 goals each to their game next season, it's the next step to progress their incredible ability

Nineteenx
4th June 2019, 03:55 AM
Sooo, targets for this season? at least 5 goals and 10 assists each?

Nineteenx
7th June 2019, 04:51 PM
I'm ridiculously excited to see how both Trent and Robbo continue their development next season, particularly with some new additions due in for them to link up with and create different situations for both to add some goals and movement and targets for assists

I cannot contain my delight and just how blessed we are to have 2 such incredible full backs, who are going to get even better, it weirdly only just really hit home when I was posting on the de Ligt thread about players we wanted who other clubs nicked or were out of our reach, I look back now at the Alba's, Evra's, Walker's, Rose's etc, players we targeted or wished we'd had players like and we have TWO 2 full backs, one either side, who are far far better than any of the one's we ever wanted, absolutely fucking brilliant

Nineteenx
8th June 2019, 09:11 PM
l6IY0EYYmyo

Wait until you see tonight's effort

Nineteenx
8th June 2019, 09:50 PM
RYs6iW3N8fs

There it is

CCTV
8th June 2019, 10:00 PM
Nice 15 goals from Virgil TAA and Robbo next year

Steveo
8th June 2019, 10:00 PM
What a hit son..... What a hit.

Nineteenx
8th June 2019, 10:04 PM
Nice 15 goals from Virgil TAA and Robbo next year

Absolutely, I expect Robbo and Trent to both be aiming for at least 5 goals and 10 assists each, AT LEAST! Their quality gives us a massive advantage over every other team in the league and in Europe, there are going to be a lot of games in which Trent and Robbo are our fourth and fifth attackers with at least 2 midfielders deeper than them covering their forward runs, those channels between full back and CB get opened up for them frequently and the cross isn't always on, they're going to have to help our huge full back advantage count by not only notching up lots of quality assists, but by chipping in with goals too

Nineteenx
8th June 2019, 10:17 PM
I think the other area Robbo can improve offensively, considering it's one of our trademark moves, again one that gives us an advantage over a lot of teams, is when that ball's gone to Hendo inside right and the cross for Mane is obviously going to come in, Robbo's usually advanced on our left or at inside left with Mane moving central for the header, Robbo needs to be anticipating that cross coming and steaming into the box to the far post area to prod it home or turn it back across goal if it goes over Mane, that'll definitely lead to a lot more goals for the team

reddownunder
8th June 2019, 10:34 PM
I wouldn't swap either for any full back in the world. I think they'll both improve too

Nineteenx
8th June 2019, 10:40 PM
I wouldn't swap either for any full back in the world. I think they'll both improve too

Me too, I can't wait for next season already as I think they're both going to take it to higher levels and start chipping in with goals

Nineteenx
8th June 2019, 11:04 PM
Also think that when it's just either one of them forward and they find themselves in space inside left or inside right we need to work on them putting crosses to the back stick area over Mane and Bobby and the LCM or RCM making that run to the far post and hitting the back of the net or putting it back across

There are numerous ways we can use both our exceptional full backs to take their play and our overall play and goalscoring potential to much higher levels

Charliev
9th June 2019, 12:34 AM
cracking goal by Robbo

https://twitter.com/i/status/1137461106082025473

Nineteenx
10th June 2019, 01:17 AM
WJIa3AUle_g

Balinkay
10th June 2019, 11:00 AM
Can't think of a genuinely better LB than Robbo.

If TAA could improve his defending a bit, I could say the same about him at some point.

stevie harkness
10th June 2019, 12:11 PM
Why am I seeing headlines linking Robbo to Barcelona?

Is he best mates with Suarez and Messi now?

Boyhood fan?

miller0863
10th June 2019, 12:35 PM
They have about as much substance as the Mo to Utd rumours.

justincredible
10th June 2019, 01:09 PM
Wait, what? Mo's going to United???

stevie harkness
10th June 2019, 02:08 PM
Mo-reno?

Edit: I see he's off to Arsenal

skyebo
10th June 2019, 03:08 PM
Mo-reno?

Bit of a come down from Barcelona.

CCTV
11th June 2019, 01:34 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pS-PkC-DhqI

Trent Alexander-Arnold - living the dream documentary

Clungeman
11th June 2019, 02:53 PM
Mo-reno?

Moreno to Arsenal? I'm not convinced he's the answer to their problems defensively!

Nineteenx
11th June 2019, 03:14 PM
Moreno to Arsenal? I'm not convinced he's the answer to their problems defensively!

I'm not convinced he can be classed as a defender at all

CCTV
11th June 2019, 03:21 PM
Moreno won a el with Emery and they do play with a back 3 regularly enough.

Nineteenx
11th June 2019, 07:44 PM
Fucks sake, better hurry the fuck up with that left back cover, just tuned in to watch captain Robbo v Belgium to find out he's ruled out with a 'hamstring problem' not good news at all given hamstring problems are often recurring once they start, that's the issue I have with the need for strength in depth and not relying on playing the same players almost every game especially with the intensity we play with

Nineteenx
11th June 2019, 07:47 PM
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/11739961/liverpools-andy-robertson-suffers-hamstring-injury-with-scotland

Nineteenx
16th June 2019, 12:32 PM
Get the FUCK in, that is what I absolutely love about this group of players, well, the majority of them with just 2 or 3 exceptions, that incredible drive to continually improve and raise the bar, and it is absolutely the necessary approach, continually pushing yourself and striving to be the very best player and person you can possible be.

Looks like Robbo's going to be adding those goals I want then ;) 10 will do this season, with a few more assists than last

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/353638-andy-robertson-liverpool-improvement-interview

redebreck
16th June 2019, 05:30 PM
Get the FUCK in, that is what I absolutely love about this group of players, well, the majority of them with just 2 or 3 exceptions, that incredible drive to continually improve and raise the bar, and it is absolutely the necessary approach, continually pushing yourself and striving to be the very best player and person you can possible be.

Looks like Robbo's going to be adding those goals I want then ;) 10 will do this season, with a few more assists than last

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/353638-andy-robertson-liverpool-improvement-interview

Hamstrings permitting, obviously.

Nineteenx
16th June 2019, 05:39 PM
Hamstrings permitting, obviously.

It was a tweak rather than a full blown tear I believe, ultimately for me it boils down to what I continually say about our need for greater strength in depth, with the intensity we play at, if you play with the same 13 or 14 players for practically every game and don't have strength in depth to rotate and rest, something might give eventually. We have Gomez to use to rest Trent and depending who we sign it might actually suit us to start Joe there in some games and play with a more attacking player at RCM who maybe doesn't have the defensive awareness and contribution of Hendo and Milner but doesn't need to have because Joe's better defensively than Trent and very good 1 v 1

There's a young lad who's been knocking around with the first team that some have been touting to be RObbo's understudy and Milner's really not too shabby there, not as quick and checks onto his right all the time to cross, but has the engine to get up and down as much and is creative in different ways, so we 're pretty covered, just need to be a little careful with Robbo, because the tweaks are quite often a pre-cursor to something more substantial occurring down the line

Nineteenx
2nd July 2019, 04:02 PM
The benefits of having lots of captains in your team, could Fernandes be another joining our ranks of captains?

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/355064-james-milner-salutes-andy-robertson-importance

So, I'm thinking reasonable targets for Robbo and Trent or 5 goals and 20 assists each this season

Nineteenx
2nd July 2019, 07:57 PM
A lot of Moreno bashing on twatter apparently, let's not forget, if he hadn't been so bad and had flattered to deceive more frequently and been a very nearly player then we likely wouldn't have signed Robbo, so for that at least we owe him a tremendous amount of gratitude and for his impression of John Terry after our Champions League win

Nineteenx
2nd October 2019, 09:58 PM
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah the assists are coming again and both have started weighing in with goals too, both having scored an absolute cracker each, I want MORE

Nineteenx
6th October 2019, 04:41 PM
More goals and more assists, Robbo's goal did him the power of good, was on fire again yesterday, he's looking more and more like scoring each game, needs to practice his bloody shooting though, practice finishing from there, driven high into the top left hand corner or best bet considering the players we usually have in the box work on driving it hard and low to the bottom right hand corner so if it's saved as he slightly miscues the direction but gets the power it will likely come back out for Mane, Salah or Bobby to finish

Nineteenx
28th October 2019, 06:17 PM
Come on boys, more assists and goals, ROBBO! practice your finishing from those positions! ! ! Robbo's play has developed and he's getting into really good positions to start delivering goals once or twice a game, now he needs to start delivering them, I expect Robbo to score more than Trent from open play, although, when Hendo makes those runs down the line wide right, Trent needs to be looking for the run through the channel between full back and CB as those are his opportunities to score

Nineteenx
2nd November 2019, 06:12 PM
Boooooooooooooooooooooom about fucking time! Robbo-s second goal of the season, needs to be looking for 10, keeps getting in there and could have a goal a game, needs to practice his finishing in those positions, Trent, come on lad, need more goals from you too

Balinkay
2nd November 2019, 06:40 PM
Don't know about ten, but five seems attainable.

Nineteenx
8th November 2019, 06:37 PM
Expecting an assist and a goal from either of them on Sunday, the positions Robbo gets himself into he should be on a goal every couple of games, up to him to practice finishing from there and our forwards to start finding him too, as Mo could have put one on a plate for him v Genk

Nineteenx
10th November 2019, 05:14 PM
Come the fuck on the pair of you defend superbly, attack brilliantly, a goal and 2 assists between you today

Nineteenx
10th November 2019, 08:19 PM
Come the fuck on the pair of you defend superbly, attack brilliantly, a goal and 2 assists between you today

ONE ASSIST! ONE ASSIST It was an absolutely brilliant assist, set up by a brilliant switch of play from Trent and BOTH defended superbly, very VERY happy with that, but we need more goals. especially from Robbo and assists

Aldo1988
10th November 2019, 08:27 PM
Was it Souey who said they are as if not more important than our front 3? The way we play its imperative that we have 2 full backs who are world class as crossing, not sure out back up fullbacks can do that (Milner can but not sure about our left back backup).

miller0863
10th November 2019, 08:28 PM
Er...Milner

Aldo1988
10th November 2019, 08:30 PM
Er...Milner

Do you mean left back or right back? It's the cross from their natural side I'm talking about. Neco Williams did it for the equaliser against Arsenal but he's still raw even though he's doing really well for the U23's.

miller0863
10th November 2019, 09:52 PM
Not particularly, it was just a flippant reply to the point that you weren’t too sure about our left back back up.

Aldo1988
11th November 2019, 01:50 PM
Not particularly, it was just a flippant reply to the point that you weren’t too sure about our left back back up.

So who are our back ups? Playing Milner at left back will slow down our game as he would need to cut back on to his right foot to play the kind of quality cross we need (he's okay with his left but doesn't whip it in with the pace, power and precision that we need).

justme
11th November 2019, 02:16 PM
Is Robbo the best bit of business we have done?? Whoda thought he would be this good? World class left back and great attitude!

CCTV
20th November 2019, 05:12 PM
Is Robbo the best bit of business we have done?? Whoda thought he would be this good? World class left back and great attitude!

In terms of costs its him and Trent as best business. Both the most valuable players in their current positions in world football. Robbo 8million, Trent a phenomenal addition from the youth setup and city.

miller0863
20th November 2019, 05:33 PM
I will never forget the image of Trent walking all the way around the edge of the pitch when all the players had gone off, applauding the crowd as he went.
Local hero, absolutely fantastic for the club to have him having lost Gerrard.

CCTV
20th November 2019, 05:53 PM
I will never forget the image of Trent walking all the way around the edge of the pitch when all the players had gone off, applauding the crowd as he went.
Local hero, absolutely fantastic for the club to have him having lost Gerrard.

Me neither, what a special moment for him and the matchday supporters. Seems to have a great head on his shoulders.
I find it hard to settle on my favourite player in the current team, Trent ranks very highly in my considerations, especially given his age. It's a tough choice :)

jozza800
20th November 2019, 05:56 PM
In terms of costs its him and Trent as best business. Both the most valuable players in their current positions in world football. Robbo 8million, Trent a phenomenal addition from the youth setup and city.

It was basically a swap for Kevin Stewart.

We've been exceptional in the transfer market in the last 3 or 4 years. Our big signings have mostly worked and we've got some silly numbers for some of our fringe players.

£12m for Ward
£8m for Stewart
£15 for Ibe
£20m for Ings
£20m for Solanke
£28m for Benteke
£25 for Sakho
£14m for Allen

Phenomenal.

CCTV
20th November 2019, 05:58 PM
For Miller :D

T45KMv2MIxA

CCTV
20th November 2019, 05:59 PM
For all :)

fLxTeqBV0Mg

Nineteenx
7th December 2019, 06:49 PM
Good start so far, Robbo a little light on his goal return considering the positions he frequently finds himself in, should score more for me

Still so far, think League only Trent 1 goal 6 assists Robbo 1 goal 6 assists

shminkyred
8th December 2019, 11:17 PM
Good start so far, Robbo a little light on his goal return considering the positions he frequently finds himself in, should score more for me

Still so far, think League only Trent 1 goal 6 assists Robbo 1 goal 6 assists

in my op.....Robbo still underated......if you look beack everything started to change when he took over as first choice from Morono............also he seems to be developing a bit of a nasty side to his game which we needed.....

my favorite less obvious player...

ianlfc
8th December 2019, 11:28 PM
Every time we've won the league we've had a scotsman in the team.

Nineteenx
9th December 2019, 11:59 PM
in my op.....Robbo still underated......if you look beack everything started to change when he took over as first choice from Morono............also he seems to be developing a bit of a nasty side to his game which we needed.....

my favorite less obvious player...

I think he's brilliant and very underrated, also love his mean streak and niggling of players

dicko1969
10th December 2019, 12:27 AM
For all :)

fLxTeqBV0Mg

I think I said, my motm in this game. Sensational!

Nineteenx
21st December 2019, 11:32 PM
Continuing great form from both our full backs, but for fucks sake, Robbo needs to be adding goals, he really needs to practice his fucking shooting, gets it out of feet well enough, strides onto it, then leeeeeaaaaaaaaans back, HAND OVER the ball Robbo!, touch out of feet good, at that point pick your spot, stride onto it, plant your right foot next to the ball, left hand down, reaching over the ball so you're over the top of it, then whack it, top of the foot, lifting your knee in the action of striking it, as you strike it your head should come up looking at the spot you picked, you right hand come across for power and balance and your left hand will be pointing at the spot you picked as you finish the action

CCTV
22nd December 2019, 03:01 PM
Most shots on target yesterday 2, joint top key passes with Salah 3, most tackles 5 - Trent :)

ojo5_cQlgWo

dicko1969
22nd December 2019, 10:24 PM
Nice video
Thoughts:
Gerrard
Caviar
Plate

Come to mind.

southernboy
22nd December 2019, 11:12 PM
Thanks, terrific video. Some of those crosses are sublime, but the runs and first touch by the recipients are just beautiful.

What’s more worrying though, is how few of those goals I remember. #Oldmanproblems

miller0863
22nd December 2019, 11:19 PM
What a player he already is. I know he can be a bit careless with those blind infield passes but his general forward play is absolutely world class. His defending will only improve with age.

Insidious
22nd December 2019, 11:36 PM
Trent apparently needs 38 assists in his next 430 matches to match Paul Scholes' tally.

Presumably Scholes holds the assist record in the League, hence him being the name to compare to?

You do wonder how good Trent can be - I doubt Dani Alves was this good at 21, not to mention the players he went on to share a pitch with.

I really believe this group (and the players that will help it evolve in the coming years can do special things - perhaps not replicating '08-'14 Barcelona, but they can certainly achieve a lot, especially if Pep moves on to give us a clearer run.

stevie harkness
23rd December 2019, 12:30 AM
According to the Premier League site Trent has 19 assists in 72 appearances

https://www.premierleague.com/players/14732/Trent-Alexander-Arnold/stats

According to Wiki it's Ryan Giggs with the most assists in the Premier League:
1. Ryan Giggs has 162 assists in 632 games
2. Cesc Fabregas has 111 assists in 350 games
3. Wayne Rooney has 103 assists in 491 games
6. Steven Gerrard has 92 assists in 504 games

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premier_League_records_and_statistics#Assists

No mention of Scholes in the top ten assistants but the Premier League site says he has 56 assists in 513 games

Insidious
23rd December 2019, 03:17 PM
Appreciate that stevie - wonder what the significance of Scholes was in the stat given the above info.

Balinkay
23rd December 2019, 03:30 PM
Maybe it was just our fans being a tad salty that he's regarded by some as better than Gerrard.

stevie harkness
23rd December 2019, 03:52 PM
Yeah think it's just that Scholes has surprisingly low stats compared to his reputation (and he's a manc)

Nineteenx
23rd December 2019, 09:31 PM
Thanks, terrific video. Some of those crosses are sublime, but the runs and first touch by the recipients are just beautiful.

What’s more worrying though, is how few of those goals I remember. #Oldmanproblems

The touch is made easy by the pass, I've noticed this as part of how we do things very differently to a lot of teams, watch carefully, the vast majority of our longer passes are hit with A LOT of the backspin and driven so they get quickly up and down to where they are going, the back spin makes sure the ball gets up and down quickly, a ball arriving to you with back spin on is A LOT easier to control. Watch Van Dijk and Hendo's longer balls, they touch the ball to the right before playing it quite frequently, so they can generate more back spin playing against the spin on the ball, Trent and all our other players use the technique of playing against the spin of the ball brilliantly a lot of the time.

Steveo
23rd December 2019, 09:50 PM
There is no way on earth that those punched cross field balls from Trent are easy to control. They have plenty of spin and it isn’t just back spin. Watch Mané take some of them from the air. Sublime skill to kill a ball like that and leave it where you want before a killer pass or a run or a shot at goal.

Part of what strikes fear into most sides about our front 3 is that ability - they all have it - to take a fast moving ball on the run. It take world class ability to do that.

Nineteenx
23rd December 2019, 10:23 PM
There is no way on earth that those punched cross field balls from Trent are easy to control. They have plenty of spin and it isn’t just back spin. Watch Mané take some of them from the air. Sublime skill to kill a ball like that and leave it where you want before a killer pass or a run or a shot at goal.

Part of what strikes fear into most sides about our front 3 is that ability - they all have it - to take a fast moving ball on the run. It take world class ability to do that.

Most of those balls are played with A LOT of backspin, yes players still have to great skill to control them, but they are A LOT easier to control, watch a lot of other teams, they play the same balls, most of them with top spin or none, far harder to control and it shows, if you hit and up and down ball that far at that speed with that amount of back spin pitching around 25 yards from goal, if no-one touches it, it might not even cross the byline or reach their keeper, you can see that on a lot of our crosses compared to other teams, if a cross is over hit, it hits the deck then slows up A LOT of the time, allowing one of our other players to recover it and keep it in play, when you watch other teams and it's played with top spin or no spin, it hits the turf and races out of play 90% of the time

Nineteenx
23rd December 2019, 10:28 PM
it's like cue ball control in pool or snooker, not rocket science, you're just striking the ball to generate backspin with your foot and technique as you would strike a cue ball

miller0863
23rd December 2019, 11:06 PM
Mané is becoming one of my all time favourite reds player. In my top ten and climbing

Nineteenx
23rd December 2019, 11:07 PM
Continuing great form from both our full backs, but for fucks sake, Robbo needs to be adding goals, he really needs to practice his fucking shooting, gets it out of feet well enough, strides onto it, then leeeeeaaaaaaaaans back, HAND OVER the ball Robbo!, touch out of feet good, at that point pick your spot, stride onto it, plant your right foot next to the ball, left hand down, reaching over the ball so you're over the top of it, then whack it, top of the foot, lifting your knee in the action of striking it, as you strike it your head should come up looking at the spot you picked, you right hand come across for power and balance and your left hand will be pointing at the spot you picked as you finish the action

This is actually wrong re arm position, surprised no-one pulled me up on it, if it's a shot across the face of goal to the far corner from the left, struck left footed, the right arm should point to the spot you've picked as part of the action, everything else the same with the right arm then coming across your body for balance and power when striking the ball and your left arm dropping to your side or swinging backwards.

If it's a shot to the bottom left or upper left corner as you go to reach over the ball the left arm should point to the spot you picked in the action of going to reach over the ball and everything else the same, how far you reach over the ball will determine the height you kick it with the right technique

I used to spend hours and hours and hours practicing different techniques of striking the ball with either foot, it wasn't until i'd been doing that for over a year I suddenly realised one day that my arms/hands were always pointing to where I wanted to put the ball at some point of the action and then after that, that I could then also disguise the action. To me developing technique is very simple, start with standing foot next to the ball, hand over the ball, everything starts from there

Nineteenx
23rd December 2019, 11:11 PM
Mané is becoming one of my all time favourite reds player. In my top ten and climbing

He is brilliant and always working hard to get even better, my favourite of our front 3, selfless, all about the team, totally gets that making the right decision to make an assist is equally as valuable to the team as scoring a goal

miller0863
23rd December 2019, 11:32 PM
Absolutely 19

Steveo
24th December 2019, 01:02 AM
I love all 3 to bits, don’t really have a favourite.

Sadio strikes me as an extremely humble guy - the kind of guy we would all love to be. Talk about a role model... Despite his enormous talent and footballers salary he is as down to earth as you can get.

For me - but for a little extra bit of composure - he would arguably be the best in the world..

There - I said it... Promised myself I wouldn’t but there it is...

dicko1969
24th December 2019, 04:37 AM
We love these 3.
So fuck racism
And fuck brexshit

Nineteenx
25th December 2019, 02:39 PM
More assists and more goals Robbo and Trent ;)

Nineteenx
26th December 2019, 11:04 PM
Fucking get in, both brilliant again today, Trent MOTM, 2 assists and a brilliant goal, more goals and assists though lads, Robbo, more goals and put that ball in early a few more times when you get it out of the left

Kev0909
26th December 2019, 11:06 PM
Trent's more productive than salah, and more important.

dicko1969
26th December 2019, 11:12 PM
Bobby or Trent motm?

Kev0909
26th December 2019, 11:15 PM
Bobby or Trent motm?

Trent no question about it

miller0863
26th December 2019, 11:30 PM
I cannot believe the progress the scouser in our team is making, he just keeps on getting better and better.

Insidious
27th December 2019, 12:51 AM
I cannot believe the progress the scouser in our team is making, he just keeps on getting better and better.

Indeed. I have every faith that he will maintain his progress. There will still be defensive lapses here and there as he learns, but he certainly looked far removed from a "weak link" at the back tonight.

Atletico Madrid will be a stern test if he remains injury-free and fit for it, but I expect he will come through that match (and others) with flying colours.

Nineteenx
27th December 2019, 02:04 AM
It's over to you now Robbo lad, Trent's upping his game, delivering more assists and chipping in with goals, time to practice that finishing lad AND start looking to whip some early balls in left footed between their keeper and defenders, the opportunity's so often there for you, you have half a yard, the Dambuster bouncing bomb ball like the one for Mo's goal v City

Nineteenx
28th December 2019, 09:41 PM
This is the striking the ball with the top of the foot with knee lift technique of which I speak

DkvFU6QMrCo

Mo should have a look at the left foot dropped toe curling bomber, it's class, when it leaves your foot looks like it's heading for the bottom corner, but you get a load of top and side spin on it and about a foot to a foot and a half of lift, so it hits the deck just outside the six yard box and lifts again, aim one of those into the corner and watch the keeper pick it out, I used to practice the shit out of that strike scored loads of them in 5 a side from the right 15 yards out, bent around the defender using him to unsight the keeper, had a few where he saw it late and dived for the corner and it skipped up over his outstretched hand with the bounce

fiordearg
29th December 2019, 02:52 PM
TAA could well become the best lfc player ever

ianlfc
29th December 2019, 03:49 PM
TAA could well become the best lfc player ever

Steady on mate.

Nineteenx
30th December 2019, 05:24 PM
More work for these lads, need to raise the level even higher in 2020, more assists, more goals, greater creativity in the final third, more crosses from deep and runs on the opposite side as switches of play higher up the pitch, more driving infield and releasing Mane, Mo or Minamino wide then making the run through the channel

Nineteenx
2nd January 2020, 11:03 PM
Another assist for Robbo, his blocked shot was brilliant too, perfectly struck

Kev0909
2nd January 2020, 11:34 PM
Would a tall striker actually score more goals than we've had in the past with these lads?

Or is that just a myth?

Nineteenx
3rd January 2020, 05:55 AM
Would a tall striker actually score more goals than we've had in the past with these lads?

Really don't think so, it's all about Trent and Robbo's delivery and our forwards and midfielders movement and about all of them anticipating and knowing what each other will be doing

Thought Trent's post match interview was brilliant, always looking to improve and learn, all about the team and getting the win in each next game and I think he and Robbo are defining the modern full back role and they've still got a lot more developing left to do, I love how far they've come already, they're already brilliant players, but their potential to get a whole lot better and knowing they'll work their balls off to do just that is incredibly exciting and inspiring

Nineteenx
7th January 2020, 11:52 PM
Robbo's catching Trent up, I was doing some player comparisons on the offal site last night and theirs are very closely matched across the board. Robbo needs to start banging a few goals in now, starting on Saturday ;)

justincredible
8th January 2020, 05:28 PM
https://youtu.be/ASXHRQNaNuc

Nineteenx
9th January 2020, 12:23 AM
https://youtu.be/ASXHRQNaNuc

Great vid that, had already watched it

Nineteenx
10th January 2020, 10:10 PM
Yes please lads, MORE

DBaqb7B7gF0

Nineteenx
12th January 2020, 02:18 AM
Come on Robbo lad, when you next find yourself in that position you were in today, don't look for the cross, just smash it like Bobby :D

Nineteenx
15th January 2020, 03:53 AM
So next steps of evolution are more goals, more balls through the channels for assists, more really early balls in from slightly deeper, greater development of boths playmaking ability from deeper

Nineteenx
15th January 2020, 08:36 AM
Been looking through Shankly quotes having a right old good time of it, here's one for Robbo

On his pride for the city of Liverpool…
Shankly might have been born a Scot but Liverpool was his home and he made that very clear to his loyal fans:

“Although I’m a Scot, I’d be proud to be called a Scouser.”

Nineteenx
18th January 2020, 06:54 PM
Well said young man, I'm expecting Trent to operate as he did v City tomorrow, be more conservative in his forays forward and making the play from RB quite a lot, with Robbo being our full back who gets advanced more regularly putting quality into the box and Trent's just the man to release him. And when Robbo finds himself in the channel between their full back and RCB with the ball at his feet or in the kind of area he found himself v Tottenham, I'm hoping for hand over the ball and for him to absolutely smash it home, I think he should score a little more, he finds himself in great positions in that channel at least once a game, now it's time for him to step up that aspect of his game and start burying a few

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/383265-we-have-got-a-job-to-do-trent-s-take-on-liverpool-v-united

CCTV
18th January 2020, 08:25 PM
Yeah Trent be more conservative ffs :D

stevie harkness
19th January 2020, 06:40 PM
Lifted off the BBC

Trent Alexander-Arnold has provided 22 Premier League assists for Liverpool – the only Liverpool defenders with more in the competition are Stig Inge Bjornebye (25) and John Arne Riise (24). Andy Robertson also has 22 assists.

Those Norwegian guys huh?

Virgil van Dijk has scored the most Premier League goals by a defender since the start of last season

Nineteenx
20th January 2020, 08:16 AM
Another top Shankly quote I'm sure would amuse Robbo

"If you’ve got three Scots in your side, you’ve got a chance of winning something. If you’ve got any more, you’re in trouble."

Nineteenx
20th January 2020, 08:21 AM
Yeah Trent be more conservative ffs :D

He was, that's what I love about the set up, we can field the same 11 and play in our formation a number of different ways, sometimes that's both full backs pushed as high as possible most of the game, some games that's them taking turns to go or playing as the furthest forward one for spells at a time, sometimes that's one of them making the play from deeper and concentrating more on stopping a potent opposition threat

Nineteenx
22nd January 2020, 11:03 AM
More goals please Robbo ;)

Nineteenx
24th January 2020, 12:23 AM
A well earned rest for both of them this weekend to recharge and be ready for West Ham next Wednesday

Nineteenx
24th January 2020, 05:48 PM
Need to work in training to make sure whoever comes in for Mane is linking with Robbo, always showing for him and helping him out and making those runs infield and in behind and creating opportunities for him to overlap

Nineteenx
29th January 2020, 11:22 PM
Robbo's falling behind Trent in the assist compo, he could at least have a read here and practice his finishing like I keep telling him to, should be on at least 5 goals already this season

Nineteenx
30th January 2020, 08:37 AM
Although I think given the positions he regularly finds himself Robbo needs to work on his finishing as he should be providing vital goals for us, people should otherwise lay off him, he's knackered, he and Trent both get forward, but Robbo makes full pelt sprints from our box to the other box far more frequently and longer sprints in every game, I've been moaning for ages about our not signing a LB for competition and cover for Robbo and I'm disappointed we have failed to rectify that this window, we need to look after him better and give him a little more rest by having another LB of similar qualities and who is also left footed and puts quality deliveries into the box

Nineteenx
8th February 2020, 05:31 PM
Nice interview here with Trent, now Jurgen just needs to start getting Robbo to put the ball in the damned net on all those occasions he finds himself in the channel between their RB and RCB with the opportunity to shoot ;)

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/386186-trent-alexander-arnold-jurgen-klopp-passion

dicko1969
9th February 2020, 02:28 AM
Nice interview here with Trent, now Jurgen just needs to start getting Robbo to put the ball in the damned net on all those occasions he finds himself in the channel between their RB and RCB with the opportunity to shoot ;)

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/386186-trent-alexander-arnold-jurgen-klopp-passion

True robbo should score a few
How do they compare?

Passes
(+ completed)
Crosses
Shots

Nineteenx
9th February 2020, 05:58 AM
True robbo should score a few
How do they compare?

Passes
(+ completed)
Crosses
Shots

Trent ahead on most except for win backs in the opposition half, however, as we play means the channel between LB and LCB is almost always closed for Trent so he doesn't get the same amount of opportunities to score or get in positions to as Robbo, there are quite a few games in which Robbo has at least 1 and often 2 good opportunities because on his side the channel between RB and RCB is usually open and opportunities he could create himself with a great touch out of feet and sudden burst of acceleration to get himself in those positions also. When he's in these positions he needs to assume the role of a forward and start burying it, he mostly looks a little like he doesn't know what to do, when he's incredibly decisive everywhere else on the pitch and then belatedly looks for someone to square the ball to, but those lines are normally always blocked.

A certain amount of football is down to percentages, when he finds himself in those positions a low drive absolutely smashed for the bottom right hand corner will almost certainly bring us more goals, Robbo will either beat the keeper, or the keeper will save and it will fall for Salah or Bobby to fire home, especially if Robbo shapes as though he's going near post bottom or top corner and adjusts his technique at the last split second to smash it low into the far bottom right corner.

Aldo1988
13th February 2020, 01:12 PM
Old Trent was a decent midfielder back in the day...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTxz-w8Dsbk

Nineteenx
16th February 2020, 02:19 AM
Been slacking off on the assists a little of late ;) I thought both were excellent today, I did note something I've been waiting to see for a while, there were 3 or 4 occasions in which Mo, Keita or Hendo tried to open the LB/LCB channel up for Trent to shoot through or burst through with the ball, THAT was a very exciting development, because that channel is nearly almost always closed as we have played all last season and this season to date.

I thought Robbo's link up and supporting runs were very good again today and it was great to see him attempt an absolutely drilled shot from between their RB and RCB even if their lad did block it. I think Robbo will add more goals to his game from those positions.

They're both absolutely top class, but they both have the potential to be a lot better too which is also incredibly exciting, I think Robbo will start chipping in with goals or shots across the keeper to the bottom right corner that will end up as an assist from their keeper's save or parry. Whipping it in early from deeper is something I think Robbo will also develop and the icing on the cake would be him nailing the technique and vision to whip it in early with an quick up and down ball, lifting over their RCB in behind their LCB, fuck, that really would be something in this side.

Trent, well, if there's work going on to open that channel between LB and LCB for him to shoot through, burst through with the ball or make runs infield from wide positions in behind the full back to be played in through that channel, we'll all need to strap up, put on our seat belts and get ready to enjoy the ride, the potential there is absolutely incredible

ianlfc
18th February 2020, 11:24 AM
Old Trent was a decent midfielder back in the day...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTxz-w8Dsbk

Trent must of been 14 or 15 back then as it was 6 or 7 years ago playing for the under 18s.
How I know is my nephew is in the clips were trent is playing Blackburn.

Nineteenx
24th February 2020, 05:38 PM
Time to get those assists flowing again, got to fancy Trent getting at least one from a corner tonight ;)

Nineteenx
25th February 2020, 01:34 AM
2 more very fine assists from Trent tonight, it was great to see him reacting the way he did, I wrote before the game that with Hendo out and Fabinho back at No6 I thought it might be more scrappy, we wouldn't be as fluid in releasing our full backs and forwards in the positions we had been doing through distribution from No6, our press wouldn't be as good and we'd have more defending to do as a result and so it proved, in terms of rising to that challenge and being focused and aware and fighting with every thing he had and being ready when the more scrappy situations meant an opportunity to affect the game came his way, Trent was absolutely superb

Another assist for Robbo for Mo's superbly disguised double nutmeg scuff shot :D

Robbo too reacted really well in picking up the pieces from the more scruffy and less fluent affair I had anticipated, there were lots of times he could have put in a low curling first time cross behind their defence from a little deeper and didn't, he frequently has the ball come back to him when he's in a perfect position to do that and doesn't, i'd like to see him put that ball in, at least some of the time

Nineteenx
26th February 2020, 11:55 AM
I thought both full backs were excellent v West Ham, they really took hold of the game, driving forward with the ball, I particularly liked the adjustment they made because in the last couple of months they'd been making their runs from deep into space and being picked out expertly, but that wasn't happening in the last 2 games, so they took responsibility and made it work themselves, the only switches of play we had v West Ham were from one full back to the other, or from Virgil from LCB, Joe tried a few right to left that didn't quite come off, hopefully he'll be more successful next time out, we had no switches or even centre to left or right balls all game from midfield on Monday.

One thing they did twice on Monday that I also loved was a switch to each other in the oppositions final third, that could be very effective in a lot of games, maybe particularly effective v Atletico, because of their low block of four and narrow back four, they'll all be moving into the box for the cross and get even narrower, if it's then played over them to the opposite full back they're deep in their box and we have players in there with very good movement who will have reacted to be in better positions first because they're expecting it when the opposition aren't

justincredible
27th February 2020, 05:14 PM
TAA, he really is world class. And only going to get better...

https://www.liverpool.com/liverpool-fc-news/features/liverpool-alexander-arnold-trent-klopp-17816439

CCTV
27th February 2020, 07:33 PM
Great article Justin.

Trent is the most valuable defender in world football.

Worlds most expensive back 4 right now:

TAA(£99) Varane(£72) VVD(£90) Robbo (£72)

Aldo1988
28th February 2020, 10:30 AM
Great article Justin.

Yeah but he can't defend (apparently)....

Balinkay
28th February 2020, 05:41 PM

At least not as well as the others in our back line.

Aldo1988
28th February 2020, 05:43 PM

Yeah but who would you swap him for?

Balinkay
28th February 2020, 06:38 PM
Yeah but who would you swap him for?

That wasn't the question.

Defensively that clown at United AWB (even with his laughable positioning) might be better and I've always been a huge admirer of Azpilicueta at Chelsea. Walker is also still possibly (just about) a better defender.

But off the top of my head and without consulting transfermarkt - Kimmich, if we just look at their overall footballing abilities.

I do think TAA is amazing and will only get better. I'm a huge fan of his. He simply needs to improve defensively.

TheDOC1979
28th February 2020, 07:01 PM
Not fussed if he can’t defend. He does more than he needs to when going forward and you always know he’s going to ping in a peach of a cross every time he’s on the ball.

Possibly move to midfield later on in his career and orchestrate the midfield.

Balinkay
28th February 2020, 08:16 PM
Yeah, especially when he has the likes of Hendo, the Fabulous one and Joe Gomez to help him out, his less than perfect defending is not really an issue.

But it is something that can be improved upon; hopefully time will help in that regard.

Aldo1988
28th February 2020, 09:39 PM
I think his defending is underrated and because he had few bad lapses last season people have already made their mind up that he can't defend and never will.

Balinkay
28th February 2020, 09:57 PM
I think his defending is underrated and because he had few bad lapses last season people have already made their mind up that he can't defend and never will.

Like I said - he's well protected by some excellent players around him and has carte blanche to bomb forward at will. Those few lapses are made all the more noticeable by the general solidity of our defence. He's had a few this season as well, though it's tough to remember if one cost us a goal.

Where do you get the bolded bit from? Everyone on here I've seen talk about this has mentioned he's young and has time to learn. Defenders genuinely mature later - it's no coincidence. For what it's worth, I think he's improved in that regard and he'll improve yet more.

CCTV
28th February 2020, 10:06 PM

I wonder how people come to this conclusion.

Like saying Salah can't shoot imo

CCTV
28th February 2020, 10:09 PM

We've a good defensive record and it's not like our goals conceded are his fault.

Balinkay
28th February 2020, 10:33 PM
We've a good defensive record and it's not like our goals conceded are his fault.

Oh yeah, for sure - not all of them at least. Though he gets beaten too often and too easily in one v ones for my liking.

Insidious
29th February 2020, 09:53 AM
Great article Justin.

Imagine we had Varane - still only 26 - oh Lordy.

Aldo1988
29th February 2020, 09:57 AM
Imagine we had Varane - still only 26 - oh Lordy.

Imagine having the 'world's most expensive defense' who can't defend.

Insidious
29th February 2020, 10:02 AM

We have conceded 17 in the League?

Is the comment aimed at our attacking full-backs or are you not a fan of Varane?

Balinkay
29th February 2020, 10:21 AM

Come on man. You know that's a horrible way to read what people are saying about him.

Aldo1988
29th February 2020, 11:37 AM
We have conceded 17 in the League?

Is the comment aimed at our attacking full-backs or are you not a fan of Varane?

It's aimed at people who think Trent can't defend. He clearly can otherwise Kitten wouldn't pick him and we wouldn't have had so many clean sheets. There's only so much that VvD and Alisson can do, there has to be 3 other guys on close to their level to make such a good defensive unit.

TheDOC1979
29th February 2020, 12:18 PM
It's aimed at people who think Trent can't defend. He clearly can otherwise Kitten wouldn't pick him and we wouldn't have had so many clean sheets. There's only so much that VvD and Alisson can do, there has to be 3 other guys on close to their level to make such a good defensive unit.

This!

You’ll concede goals, it’s just the manner in which we do. Trent may allow a cross to come in, but he has the likes of VVD to defend.

Gomez has been caught napping a few times recently....

Balinkay
29th February 2020, 12:23 PM

Is there really only so much they can do? The best CB in the world, quite possibly the best goalie in the world and quite possible the best LB in the world, all complimented by a very good other CB (Matip and Gomez are both excellent imo) + a great DM and an energetic right sided midfielder with a lot of experience and defensive ability.

Yeah, even if TAA was the worst defender in the league, I'd wager we'd still be half decent defensively, and he' clearly not that bad.

What is your problem with people pointing out obvious deficiencies in our players? Supporting someone doesn't mean mindlessly parroting how they're the best thing sliced bread and can do no wrong; how they're perfect the way they are. We're all adults here, we're all capable of nuanced thought.

Edit: I think Doc has just demonstrated that extremely well.

Aldo1988
29th February 2020, 02:00 PM
Why did my phone chose to spell check Klopp as kitten 😂

Nineteenx
1st March 2020, 02:26 PM
I have no idea what Robbo's apologising for, shit happens sometimes and our plans for the personnel we had available weren't good and while they did have numerous chances against us on the break, we defended most of it well and no-one could have predicted (well they probably could have tbf) Lovren would have one of his brain fart days.

If Robbo had drilled his chance across the keeper to the bottom right hand corner as I keep saying he should, we'd have taken a 1-0 lead, they'd have had to come out and we probably win that game anyway

The lesson we need to learn is not to make plans to play as we did with a playmaker and to play with what we have on the pitch

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/388858-andy-robertson-we-can-only-apologise-and-bounce-back

I'm pretty sure none of us gave a flying fuck about going unbeaten in the league all season and the reaction I want to see is a plan from Jurgen and the staff to play as well as we possibly can without a playmaker and Robbo, Trent, Virgil and Matip or Gomez will all have a big part to play in that

Nineteenx
1st March 2020, 02:45 PM
I think Robbo has the most assists from open play again so far this season, Virgil's got four goals all from corners, Hendo has one from a corner, Matip has one from a corner, is there anyone else? Is that right? Only six assists from open play? The lad's slacking :D

Nineteenx
11th March 2020, 05:03 PM
Robbo chomping at the bit to get after Atletico and talking a lot of sense as usual, if he gets one of those chances he gets quite often in the channel between their RB and RCB he needs to absolutely drill it, low and hard across the keeper into the bottom right hand corner, had one v Watford at 0-0 and tamely hit it at Foster, needs to learn from that and drill it hard and low across the keeper into that bottom right hand corner

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/390071-andy-robertson-atletico-madrid-champions-league

Nineteenx
12th March 2020, 02:57 AM
Robbo really needs to practice his shooting as I've been saying all season

Nineteenx
21st March 2020, 05:58 PM
Top man Robbo, most of our lads are involved in things like this, I'd like to see more of it and more generosity from them and the club.

They are actually in a unique position to help change society a little for the better, not just with their donations, but by shaming all the wealth hoarders with these acts and to start to reverse the thinking that hoarding all your money and amassing as massive a personal fortune as you possibly can and not giving a stuff about anyone else is cool, it really isn't.

I really like that our lads are doing things like this, they're standing up for decency and values the UK once had and seems to have long since forgotten.

I don't see why the club can't work with the council and build social housing in Liverpool, it would be an absolutely brilliant thing to do and given the incredible profits they've started generating they could do something absolutely incredible for the city with what amounts to pennies to them

I think it could prove to be great for building an incredibly strong economy in Liverpool too, I've always wanted to have the finances to start a 2 tier scheme myself. Build social housing, charge next to nothing in rent, or charge the rent and employ responsible investment bankers (if there is such a thing) to invest that rent money for the tenants. The maximum lease for the social housing is 10 years, but the second tier is affordable housing, at the end of the 10 years or earlier if they wish, the social housing tenants get their invested money back, to use for a deposit on one of the affordable homes.

It would give people an incredible opportunity and the incentive to be able to work themselves out of poverty as council housing used to offer people in the UK. Putting a time limit on their occupancy of the social housing, except for a limited number of homes for the disabled and mentally ill, should help people to have greater drive to seize their opportunity

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2020/03/andy-robertsons-donation-leaves-mental-health-charity-forever-grateful/

redebreck
21st March 2020, 09:27 PM
Top man Robbo, most of our lads are involved in things like this, I'd like to see more of it and more generosity from them and the club.

They are actually in a unique position to help change society a little for the better, not just with their donations, but by shaming all the wealth hoarders with these acts and to start to reverse the thinking that hoarding all your money and amassing as massive a personal fortune as you possibly can and not giving a stuff about anyone else is cool, it really isn't.

I really like that our lads are doing things like this, they're standing up for decency and values the UK once had and seems to have long since forgotten.

I don't see why the club can't work with the council and build social housing in Liverpool, it would be an absolutely brilliant thing to do and given the incredible profits they've started generating they could do something absolutely incredible for the city with what amounts to pennies to them

I think it could prove to be great for building an incredibly strong economy in Liverpool too, I've always wanted to have the finances to start a 2 tier scheme myself. Build social housing, charge next to nothing in rent, or charge the rent and employ responsible investment bankers (if there is such a thing) to invest that rent money for the tenants. The maximum lease for the social housing is 10 years, but the second tier is affordable housing, at the end of the 10 years or earlier if they wish, the social housing tenants get their invested money back, to use for a deposit on one of the affordable homes.

It would give people an incredible opportunity and the incentive to be able to work themselves out of poverty as council housing used to offer people in the UK. Putting a time limit on their occupancy of the social housing, except for a limited number of homes for the disabled and mentally ill, should help people to have greater drive to seize their opportunity

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2020/03/andy-robertsons-donation-leaves-mental-health-charity-forever-grateful/

+1
Some cracking ideas there.

Nineteenx
22nd March 2020, 06:02 PM
Robbo's been at it again, this time trying to remain anonymous and donating thousands to 5 Glasgow based foodbanks

Top top man

Now he needs a goal in his back garden and to be practicing his fucking shooting :D really needs to start banging the goals in now

Left hand down reaching over the ball, practice the disguise too, he is apparently a fan of Messi, he should watch some youtubes and look at loads of his finishes, everyone had opinions of what his greatest strength was, for me it was his finishing and the disguise he used to always use.

It is the art of practicing your technique, so your touch out of feet leaves the ball perfectly positioned for you to finish in numerous different ways, once you have that, it is rehearsing and choreographing your body shape as you go to strike the ball, to appear to be attempting one kind of finish but being able to slightly alter your technique at the very last split second to produce a different finish.

Messi was the master of it, if you practice it, it really isn't difficult, ball in the right place, standing foot next to the ball, hand of the striking foot reaching over the ball to be over it and in control of any finish you attempt.

Robbo's best starting point would be shaping for all the world like he's going to drill it low at the near post and his slight last split second in the technique being to drill it across the keeper to the far right hand corner.

You can put the ball anywhere you like with disguise once you have the basics, in that last split second change just as you strike the ball you 'snap' into that position, if you practice it enough you find one of your hands actually points right where you want the ball to go in that last split second 'snap'

Nineteenx
20th September 2020, 07:56 PM
Well, first and foremost, let's clear up the Salah 'waiting for an assist from Robbo' business from last season, Mo obviously forgot the peach of a cross he put in for his goal v UAE FC at Anfield

I think both have improved considerably over the last season, Trent needs to buck his ideas up as he's been well short of his best form since the enforced Covid break and has continued that into the new season, his defending has improved leaps and bounds though

Robbo has improved a lot, but he HAS to work on his finishing and/or final ball for when he's found in those advanced positions, he could and should have scored or assisted at least an additional 10-15 goals for us last season from those positions and it remains an area he can vastly improve and his doing so will make us even more formidable as a team.

Today, second game in is the first opportunity so far this season Robbo has had where he simply has to improve and be a lot better and HAS to score or assist, really needs to work on it

He also desperately needs to work on whipping early balls in, in between the opposition defence and keeper or right on the money on one of our lads heads when we quickly win possession back and he gets in wide left with numbers in the box. He had 3 or 4 opportunities to do that today and like every time last season except for that game v City, he took a touch and then went backwards, he needs to practice putting that ball in early, first time with unerring accuracy and consistency.

I'm backing both Robbo and Trent to take a leaf out of Captain fantastic Hendo's book and work as hard as he obviously has and continues to, to further develop their games to be of far greater benefit to the team

Nineteenx
28th September 2020, 08:36 PM
Get the fucking FUCK in Robbo lad, about fucking time, first of many this season

ianlfc
28th September 2020, 09:02 PM
Get the fucking FUCK in Robbo lad, about fucking time, first of many this season

Does he get an assist for their goal ?

CCTV
28th September 2020, 10:25 PM
Does he get an assist for their goal ?

No Lacca was offside ;)

CCTV
28th September 2020, 10:27 PM
2 goals & 5 assists for Robbo in his last 8 PL games

Nineteenx
21st October 2020, 06:01 PM
Robbo making incredible strides forward, time for Trent to pull his head out of his own arse or off his own dick over his world's best right back tag and FIFA ratings and remember he has to show that and prove that every single game and work as hard as ever to improve and develop as he still has a lot of it to do

skyebo
21st October 2020, 06:25 PM
Robertson was already experienced when he signed, having played for a few clubs in Scotland then on to Hull. Trent went from the academy straight into the first team, probably quicker than anyone expected. They are still only young and will get better, i'm glad we have them and no-one else.

CCTV
21st October 2020, 10:24 PM
Robertson was already experienced when he signed, having played for a few clubs in Scotland then on to Hull. Trent went from the academy straight into the first team, probably quicker than anyone expected. They are still only young and will get better, i'm glad we have them and no-one else.

Agree, run the yards and great with the ball. A great pair.

Nineteenx
27th October 2020, 11:58 PM
Great to see Trent back on it today, note to Robbo, when you look across and there's nothing but opposition shirts between our players and you, they're most likely going to block your cross or block any shot in the unlikely event your ball squeezes past them, just fucking drill the fucking thing at goal across the keeper so our lads can ram home any parry, into the near top corner after shaping to go across the keeper or as hard as you fucking can low by the keepers feet

Kev0909
28th October 2020, 12:04 AM
Great to see Trent back on it today, note to Robbo, when you look across and there's nothing but opposition shirts between our players and you, they're most likely going to block your cross or block any shot in the unlikely event your ball squeezes past them, just fucking drill the fucking thing at goal across the keeper so our lads can ram home any parry, into the near top corner after shaping to go across the keeper or as hard as you fucking can low by the keepers feet

I'm just glad both hardly ever get injured

Thank the lord.

ianlfc
8th November 2020, 07:52 PM
What do yous think of the trend injury ?

CCTV
8th November 2020, 08:21 PM
What do yous think of the trend injury ?

Catastrophe if hes out longer term- hope his disappointment was just about having to come off today, misses internationals and gets back for Leicester.
Hes a young man after all.

ianlfc
22nd November 2020, 12:33 PM
Anyone watched both lads in the car for LFCTV? It's called wingmen. Both lads are very good just normal lads talking typical shite in the car. Robbo is a fucking lunatic and gives some funny stories about the other lads and Jurgen. 3 episodes so far all about 10 minutes long, well worth the watch. Sorry no links but It's not on YouTube but you can watch it on Facebook and twitter (I think)

Nineteenx
22nd November 2020, 10:27 PM
Booooooooooom a great performance from Robbo today and a superb assist, fucking great ball

miller0863
22nd November 2020, 11:04 PM
By far the best LB in world football. £8m from Hull, out transfer dealings have been bordering on miraculous since Klopp came in.

Nineteenx
6th December 2020, 11:00 PM
Trent needs to up his game when he's back to full fitness, Robbo is absolutely destroying him in performance levels so far this season, never think you've arrived Trent lad, always been striving to be even better

Nineteenx
16th December 2020, 11:41 PM
Robbo absolutely superb as ever again tonight, Trent still struggling to get over himself and his world's best right back tag, he needs to get back to and stick to competing with Robbo again, because Trent's not even our best full back right now, Robbo's proper bumming him into oblivion

Insidious
16th December 2020, 11:47 PM
By far the best LB in world football. £8m from Hull, out transfer dealings have been bordering on miraculous since Klopp came in.

Just adore the fact that he is still only 26 as well.

Really hope we are scouring the Globe for the "next" one as having someone with a game like his at full-back is truly something else. That combo of attack and defence is very rare. Trent has the better cross in his locker, but Andy's timing of when to arrive, spatial awareness, defensive nous, tackling, tenacity, energy and recovery pace is a truly awe-inspiring package.

Nineteenx
19th December 2020, 11:28 PM
Robbo was absolutely incredible again today and Trent looked like he has at least started the road to getting back at least to the levels he was at prior to world's best RB going to his head, although, Trent has improved a lot defensively too in my opinion, last season the Spurs lad probably scores from the position he was in, but Trent did an exceptional job of doing just enough to put him off and under pressure without fouling him, that was one of my highlights of the game v Spurs, great recovery defending and very wiley

Nineteenx
4th January 2021, 11:20 PM
Trent needs to get his head out of his own fucking arse, he's been well off it all season so far

Robbo needs to fucking shoot when he's in those positions, it's really fucking pissing me off now, get found 10 or more times a season in that position, in between the opposition RB and CB, with all the goal to aim at and tries to cross it every fucking time FUCKING hit the fucking thing, put your laces through the fucking ball across the keeper to the far bottom corner, if you don't score any parry by the keeper is far more likely to reach one of our forwards than you trying to square it there, fucking hit it for fucks sake

miller0863
5th January 2021, 12:10 AM
I won’t have a go at Robbo, he’s been our most consistent performer this season l, Trent on the other hand is having an appalling season. Could pass wind or cross a road.

justme
5th January 2021, 12:16 AM
People forget Trent is very young (not you people i mean in general forget) hes played a hell of a lot of football for his age and hes just recovered from a nasty injury.. To me hes just not mentally attuned at the moment. its easy to understand why hes performing poorly right now.

Insidious
5th January 2021, 12:17 AM
I won’t have a go at Robbo, he’s been our most consistent performer this season l, Trent on the other hand is having an appalling season. Could pass wind or cross a road.

Trent played one really baller pass to Robertson (which ultimately doesn't lead to a goal if we're being harsh) and the rest of his game comprised of error after error after error. He was utterly wretched.

It happens - and he isn't in a good way just now. I'm not sure I want him in for the United match in this current moment actually. I hope he bounces back quickly for his own sake and for ours as he is a joy to watch when he is on it, which he sadly isn't just now.

Kev0909
5th January 2021, 12:19 AM
I'm backing Neco

But klopp thinks it's a good idea to do the subs and selection he's been doing instead

so no chance will neco have a chance, because that's too crazy LOL

I'm fucking fuming

Not just losing it's the manner of it, it's the fucking stupid changes

Is he actually taking the fucking piss?

miller0863
5th January 2021, 12:30 AM
Yes Insidious mate, “wretched”, cracking word, very underused

CCTV
5th January 2021, 12:44 AM
People forget Trent is very young (not you people i mean in general forget) hes played a hell of a lot of football for his age and hes just recovered from a nasty injury.. To me hes just not mentally attuned at the moment. its easy to understand why hes performing poorly right now.

Agree, should be back at it soon. Big game v united to settle the senses.

Crimson Dynasty
5th January 2021, 01:01 AM
Agree, should be back at it soon. Big game v united to settle the senses.

You mean the one in which the in-form Rashford is going to eat him alive in that wing?

Great game to pick, to work your way back into fans' good graces.

jr81
5th January 2021, 01:08 AM
He had COVID didn't he? Maybe like the Newcastle lads he has that 'long covid' effect. He has been poor this year.

Kev0909
5th January 2021, 01:09 AM
He had COVID didn't he? Maybe like the Newcastle lads he has that 'long covid' effect. He has been poor this year.

Play neco he really improved after giving that penno away and was solid

If you're going to play hendeson at CB and 2 half fit midfielders and wij together make the subs he has I don't see why not it's nowhere near crazy as the rest of the shit he's doing

CCTV
5th January 2021, 04:10 AM
You mean the one in which the in-form Rashford is going to eat him alive in that wing?

Great game to pick, to work your way back into fans' good graces.

Some people might think you're calling rashford a cannibal. I get you though.

It sure is, beat United and we'll be buzzing and top of the league.

He didn't cover himself in glory and I've yet to see their goal back. But my first thoughts were where was Hendo on the cover. Did he or trent get pulled out of position by slack marking in front of him/them

Tough night for Trent, Hendo who grew into it was awol from his position a few times, ox anonymous and Mo all had poor passing stats and didn't do a whole lot to help him out.

Nineteenx
6th January 2021, 10:15 PM
Hope Robbo is encouraged to put some of those early balls in past the first CB going far post behind the second, just seen Maguire done by one of those yet again, I do find it really frustrating that he has the opportunity to play that ball in early several times a game and always checks back when he's got Bobby looking to run between the 2 CBs and Mo to arrive far post, when he actually does play it he's really fucking good at that ball, which just makes it more frustrating he barely ever plays it early and he has the opportunity to 5 or times every game

ianlfc
8th January 2021, 10:44 AM
After Jurgen revealing yesterday that Trent has been playing on with Covid after effects could explain alot about not only his performances but the rest of the team.

Steveo
8th January 2021, 11:17 AM
Grim reading for Neco Williams.

ianlfc
8th January 2021, 11:26 AM
Grim reading for Neco Williams.

If you had told him this time last year about the first team games he would get ,he'd of locked you up.
I'd say he's over the moon with his opportunities.

LEGS
8th January 2021, 11:39 AM
After Jurgen revealing yesterday that Trent has been playing on with Covid after effects could explain alot about not only his performances but the rest of the team.

This is what I have thought for a while.

People think once you are negative you are ok same people been asking "What has happened to Mane/Salah" think about it.

Its why this season is bullshit.

Steveo
8th January 2021, 01:06 PM
Aaang on a minute folks...

I thought we had the worlds best sports scientists..? There is no way on earth that our team is so incompetent as to be unable to spot a drastic drop in energy levels with those concerned AND if they have noticed such a drop WHY on earth are these players playing?

LEGS
8th January 2021, 01:25 PM
Covid might not show up on tests its an unknown at the minute dont forget.

People say you cant catch it twice but is that 100% correct.

Bruce said the same about a few players at Newcastle.

I look at it this way we lost 7-2, Utd lost 6-1 and City lost 5-2 all around the same time ....those results were all covid related imo.

I dont care what anybody says I 100% believe that and I personally think its time to null and void the season.

Steveo
8th January 2021, 01:28 PM
Well I agree the season should probably be voided - should never have started IMO - BUT our club can't call for it now after last season.. Would put us on very thin ice.

I think the strange results are more to do with a very condensed pre season tbh levelling things up for those clubs who don't play in Europe

LEGS
8th January 2021, 02:10 PM
Well I agree the season should probably be voided - should never have started IMO - BUT our club can't call for it now after last season.. Would put us on very thin ice.

I think the strange results are more to do with a very condensed pre season tbh levelling things up for those clubs who don't play in Europe

I agree it should not have started.

We are not calling for it to be voided no club is.

Last season was different only 8 games left and you finish off in the summer when the virus was weaker.

Now the virus is brutal due to the weather and flu season and lets be honest is not going to improve in the next few months much.

Nineteenx
8th January 2021, 08:22 PM
I think this season should be voided, I think we should call for it on the grounds of health and safety and protecting the players

justme
8th January 2021, 08:26 PM
I doubt you were saying that last season...

stevie harkness
8th January 2021, 08:27 PM
It's a good job we didn't void it last season and assume everything would be normal this season.

Nineteenx
8th January 2021, 08:32 PM

If the pandemic had been as it is now and we'd not even played half the season I'd have fully agreed with voiding last season, when there's only 8 games left and the spread and risk of the pandemic is nowhere near the current levels and footballers acting professionally and responsibly in their bubble were at very little risk through training together and playing behind closed doors games to finish the season

LEGS
8th January 2021, 08:33 PM

I think last season was different it was a legal minefield with so few games left, it was finished as the summer the virus was not as brutal.

G.Nev thought it would be funny but he was too stupid to see it wouldnt damage us as bad as teams down the leagues.

We know the next 3 months are brutal its only a matter of time before it gets stopped.

I agree with 19 on this its no way to carry on plus lack of fans makes it shit.

justme
8th January 2021, 08:36 PM
Actually i usually have an opinion on things like this. I'm gonna just wait and see what happens..

CCTV
8th January 2021, 08:38 PM
Careful what you wish for.

LEGS
8th January 2021, 08:40 PM
Actually i usually have an opinion on things like this. I'm gonna just wait and see what happens..

You are a wise owl Justme !

The Govt have handled this in a shocking way I mean people still arent being tested at airports until Wednesday.

Plus we have some stupid people around who dont care about their actions in the UK.

Hopefully the vaccine does the biz and we all stay safe.

Nineteenx
17th January 2021, 09:57 PM
Posted this on the Bobby thread, belongs here really

My main disappointment has been the lack of variation of movement between the forwards and full backs and our not further developing our full backs games and contributions this season.

They get to play a lot higher up for a lot more time than the full backs of any other side in world football, they get to do so at the expense of having attacking midfielders and our midfielders getting further forward more often.

People talk, quite a lot, about my belief in one way of playing, but that's pertinently untrue, I'm always looking for and expecting Jurgen, the coaching staff and our players to expand on and evolve how we play, a big part of that HAS tp be evolving how our full backs play and contribute given what we sacrifice in other areas to allow them to play so high

We should even with the injury issues we've had and having had Thiago missing for most games, have already started the evolution of our full backs play and contribution as although at times there wouldn't be a player to release them, they could and should at least be being found in the half space between opposition RB and RCB and LB and LCB in a position to put an early low ball into the box in behind both CB's towards the penalty spot/far post.

Creating those situations isn't reliant of us having Virgil or Thiago, it only requires the deliberate movement of the LFWD or RFWD to take the full back very wide to the corner, the LCM or RCM to back them up down the line to allow Robbo or Trent to be found with a late run to arrive in that position to put in an early low cross or burst through the channel into the box with the ball

It's also hugely disappointing, that given the quality of the delivery of both, we haven't worked on both putting more balls in from deeper when in a wider position, it is on so many times in every game for both of them, more Robbo than Trent, where they can still play the ball through the channel between LB and LCB or RB and RCB or over LCB or RCB dipping just past the penalty spot towards the far post

For me, they should already be doing those things and both should be getting more goals

Those balls might at first not always have a player connect with them to turn them home, but putting them in there more frequently will surely prompt the variation of movement of the forwards until there are players arriving to connect with them in no time at all, and there we are, simply, easily doable variation of play and movement, with what we currently have at our disposal to better create and score goals against the sides that park the bus

People can slate our midfield all they like, the reality is, in Jurgen's set up, they, Gini and Hendo in particular have been used to create a platform for both our full backs to operate in areas other teams would have a more attacking mid, and they and Jurgen and the coaching staff aren't currently doing nearly enough to maximise that and expand on it

Nineteenx
7th February 2021, 08:33 PM
I'm still backing Robbo and Trent, Trent's getting back to great form, Robbo will be if we get back to being direct and Mane being at LFWD

Robbo more than any other of our players desperately needs educating on playing the percentages, he has completed wasted at least 30 brilliant opportunities for us to score the last 2 seasons, in the position he found himself in today and has so many times in games, there is no way on God's earth except for a 1 in 10,000 chance he can slip a squad ball to one of our 2 forwards to his right, he has to stop wasting these positions

When next in such a position he need to drill a low shot to the bottom right corner, he might score, if the keeper saves any parry is far more likely to arrive at one of our players to be bundled home or be accidentally bundled into their own net by an opposition player and result in a goal for us than Robbo looking for a 4-5 yard centre

UAE FC scored their second playing the percentages in just this way today, Foden knew it was unlikely he would beat Alisson from that position, that there were 2 players to his right, so tried to smash it across Big Bear to the bottom right hand corner, Big Bear parries, their lad scores

Play the fucking percentages

Nineteenx
24th February 2021, 10:42 PM
Trent's form has been far FAR better of late, forget the pen, never a pen, first class defending from Trent and bent Manc ref

Robbo's form has gone to shit since Jurgen fucked about with Mane's position and movement and we stopped playing our switches

Note to Jurgen and both to watch Cancelo's display tonight, THAT is what I've been banging on about for the evolution of our full backs play, particularly putting those balls in from the inside left or right position and taking shots on, Robbo has been taking more shots on and put a couple of absolute beauties in from there for Jota to head home and for Bobby's sublime touch and finish v Palace

Nineteenx
28th February 2021, 10:58 PM
Trent's form has been far FAR better of late, forget the pen, never a pen, first class defending from Trent and bent Manc ref

Robbo's form has gone to shit since Jurgen fucked about with Mane's position and movement and we stopped playing our switches

Note to Jurgen and both to watch Cancelo's display tonight, THAT is what I've been banging on about for the evolution of our full backs play, particularly putting those balls in from the inside left or right position and taking shots on, Robbo has been taking more shots on and put a couple of absolute beauties in from there for Jota to head home and for Bobby's sublime touch and finish v Palace

Trent setting the standard for all our players these last few games, saw a fair bit of that type of play I was looking for as part of the further evolution of our full backs Pep has achieved with Cancelo from Trent in todays game too

Robbo;s form took a huge dip when Jurgen stopped the switches and broke up his and Mane's incredible partnership, but again, should have had a hat trick today, really REALLY needs to work on his finishing, get a net in his back garden like Mo did when he was at Roma, he could have scored around 30 goals over the 2 prior seasons and this and he's got what 2? 3? not good enough, not even close to being good enough, needs to work on his finishing

Nineteenx
16th March 2021, 10:54 PM
Robbo, surely on the brink of being replaced by Scotland at LB by Tierney talking shite on the offal again

'The last 2 games have been more like us' this time

Last night we were fucking shite (although I'd rather we were shite and won than be by far the better side and lose)

How about Robbo watches this from 1 minute 2 seconds and thinks about all the times apart from that one he has had the opportunity to put a ball like that in early, but instead takes a touch and then goes backward and start actually playing like an incredible attacking full back called Andy Robertson rather than this sad, tame, imposter who looks just like him we've seen too much of this season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK5R8h7zIn0

Oh and maybe Mo could have remembered this was the first assist he gave him last season and it was brilliant to encourage him to do it more

RedNoodle
18th March 2021, 05:15 PM
Trent has been dropped from the England squad (not that I'm complaining), which according to Southgate (who will win f-all whilst managing England), is because of Trent's form (despite saying it has improved recently) combined with the form of others, though he's still picked the likes of Dier who haven't even been playing.

miller0863
18th March 2021, 05:27 PM
Southgate is just an FA stooge, hopeless manager. Trent has had 3 or 4 very good performances recently, including a couple of motm’s. The guy is clueless

justme
18th March 2021, 05:42 PM
Linagrd has a few "decent" games and hes back in.. must be part of the in crowd

Nineteenx
18th March 2021, 08:03 PM
Trent has been dropped from the England squad (not that I'm complaining), which according to Southgate (who will win f-all whilst managing England), is because of Trent's form (despite saying it has improved recently) combined with the form of others, though he's still picked the likes of Dier who haven't even been playing.

Good, given how the FA and refs association have treated our club this season if I were Trent, Hendo or Jones (U21's) I'd have told them to shove their crappy national side anyway

Honestly, there's no pride to be had in being English, the absolutely desperate state of our society, if I were the greatest footballer on the planet or at any other sport, I wouldn't represent England, because England doesn't represent me or my values and I wouldn't want to be seen as being representative of our society and its ever diminishing values

Nineteenx
18th March 2021, 10:05 PM
"The world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it"

Any player representing England would do well to remember that, all about the agents, the greater sponsorship deals, look at Rashford, banging on about free school meals, childhood diseases and illnesses like Rickets and others are the highest they been since Victorian times, I'm frankly fed up of people championing each next campaign rather than focusing on drawing people's attention to the underlying causes that created those issues

Insidious
19th March 2021, 01:52 AM

Southgate's wording on it was poor - said something to the effect of "he is still a talent with lots to offer in the future" - STILL A TALENT! That's a Premier League and Champion's League winner he's talking about. He's more than a talent.

miller0863
19th March 2021, 02:40 AM
He’s more than that, he’s a Champions League, Super Cup, Club World Cup and Premier League winner but not good enough to play for Southgate’s band of limp fucks.

Yeah right, fuck off Southgate you FA stooge gimp. Trent should refuse to play for the twat in future. Won’t adversely affect his career one bit.

dicko1969
19th March 2021, 03:54 AM
Good, given how the FA and refs association have treated our club this season if I were Trent, Hendo or Jones (U21's) I'd have told them to shove their crappy national side anyway

Honestly, there's no pride to be had in being English, the absolutely desperate state of our society, if I were the greatest footballer on the planet or at any other sport, I wouldn't represent England, because England doesn't represent me or my values and I wouldn't want to be seen as being representative of our society and its ever diminishing values

What are your values ?

dicko1969
19th March 2021, 03:56 AM
Tbh this is fantastic news.
He stays with Liverpool and will have 3 weeks rest / preparation.

Not bothered in the slightest.
Hopefully Hendo can get fit.

Gomez VVD and the giraffe too.

Let's hope none of them go to the Euros too.

A true pre season preparation.

dicko1969
19th March 2021, 04:00 AM
Robbo, surely on the brink of being replaced by Scotland at LB by Tierney talking shite on the offal again

'The last 2 games have been more like us' this time

Last night we were fucking shite (although I'd rather we were shite and won than be by far the better side and lose)

How about Robbo watches this from 1 minute 2 seconds and thinks about all the times apart from that one he has had the opportunity to put a ball like that in early, but instead takes a touch and then goes backward and start actually playing like an incredible attacking full back called Andy Robertson rather than this sad, tame, imposter who looks just like him we've seen too much of this season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK5R8h7zIn0

Oh and maybe Mo could have remembered this was the first assist he gave him last season and it was brilliant to encourage him to do it more

A lot of poor / hopeful balls in.
Partly because there is no end player.
Confidence.
Also he's shooting is awful.
Be interesting to know how many shots he has had.
Every time he gets in a shooting position, every game a couple of chances, just you know it wont be on target.

I find myself frustrated and think to myself... get the fooker on target ffs.
Simple really.

Nineteenx
19th March 2021, 05:43 AM
What are your values ?

Well, could I respresent a nation who were investigated by the UN and the human rights commission over human rights abuses of the mentally ill and disabled The damning UN report concluding their treatment of these groups was 'a human catastrophe'? No

Could I represent a nation with 170,000 unavoidable deaths of people in these groups in the last 8 years? No

Could I represent a nation where through decades of adverse CBT and people accepting the unacceptable through it, we have childhood diseases such as rickets and others at levels not seen since victorian times? No

A nation who despite a UN embargo on arms sales, continued to sell arms to Saudi Arabia they knew they were using to mass murder and ethnically cleanse the people of Yemen? No

A nation in which through getting people to work for less and less through adverse CBT over several decades, fiddling the inflation register as part of that process, deliberately propping up and escalating certain markets, housing, energy, fuel, travel for the benefit of a tiny minority to profit from and priced millions of people out of the opportunity to earn a living wage, or ever buying their own home and make working people have to choose to heat or eat and to use foodbanks? No

I could go on, and on, and on, there is absolutely nothing to be proud of in being English and anyone decent person, not so afflicted by adverse CBT and so entrenched in it would point blank refuse to represent such a nation.

eggy81
19th March 2021, 09:44 AM
Good for us. Should drive him on a bit.

Steveo
19th March 2021, 09:54 AM
Yep - it is a kick in the teeth of sorts psychology speaking BUT a benefit for us.

I dread these international breaks

ianlfc
19th March 2021, 11:17 AM
Gareth Southgate is a football genius.
Pass it on.

Steveo
19th March 2021, 01:42 PM
Darn it Ian - we don’t want everybody knowing... :D

Let’s keep our powder dry until he is available for club management- then we can pounce

Nineteenx
31st March 2021, 10:00 PM
Let's hope Robbo manages to learn something from Tierney while on Scotland duty, Tierney is far FAR better than Robbo in his execution and delivery in those advanced positions Robbo is frequently so wasteful in

Tierney's assist for Scotland's third goal was a perfect example of disguise and shaping for all the world as if about to do onr thing to move defenders, before that snap last second change in the action to do something entirely different

He shaped for all the world as though he was going to cross or drill it across the six yard box to draw the defender in to cover that area and at the very last second snapped into a different shape to cut it back perfectly, always aware of where the man he wanted to find was and doing what he did to move the defender for that reason

Nineteenx
3rd April 2021, 11:10 PM
Trent was brilliant today, it was the best I've seen him all season and long may that continue

I'm glad Dick Nose Southgate left him out, he'd been coming into very good form anyway and his defending has improved massively this season, he shouldn't worry about or think about England anyway, the reality of his England situation is, Walker will always be ahead of him as a more defence minded, quicker, physical and aggressive RB because the CB's England have simply aren't good enough

If Hendo was fit for the Euro's to play CM and cover Trent's forays forward as he does for us, Trent would be number one, but England don't have another No6 with the game intelligence and understanding of Trent to do that either

ianlfc
4th April 2021, 12:45 AM
I've just watched a rerun on MOTD and Trent had a hand in all 3 goals.
Not bad for the 4th best English right back !!!

ianlfc
4th April 2021, 12:49 AM
And Danny Murphy agrees.

miller0863
4th April 2021, 12:53 AM
It just underlines that it’s not Trent who’s not good enough it’s Southgate

Steveo
4th April 2021, 10:15 AM
Also highlights how good he can be when he is totally focussed and really wants to perform.

He has been on decent form of late but last night he had the bit between his teeth. He was winning challenges he wouldn’t normally IMO.

Cheers Gareth...

Kev0909
6th April 2021, 11:05 PM
Maybe Gareth had a point after all?🤣🤣🤣 trents still young and will be fine in the long run, what about Robbie? He's been shite, doesn't help mane on the left, both gone to shit

justme
6th April 2021, 11:36 PM
Taa doesnt care half the time. some of the balls he plays into midfield lack any form of intelligence.. No doubt he will come out on Twitter or some other media saying we will put this right TRENT stop fucking making constant errors yourself.. Something like that? and ps keep your gob shut

fiordearg
7th April 2021, 11:54 AM
Both have played an awful lot without any serious backup. Secondly they are playing alongside far inferior players at centre back.

TheDOC1979
7th April 2021, 12:29 PM
Both have played an awful lot without any serious backup. Secondly they are playing alongside far inferior players at centre back.

The honeymoon period for Robertson is over. The rush of joining LFC has past and he’s gone back to being the Player we bought from Hull. Really disappointed in him. Looks utterly out of place in that team and has provided nothing of note this season.

ianlfc
7th April 2021, 01:09 PM
The honeymoon period for Robertson is over. The rush of joining LFC has past and he’s gone back to being the Player we bought from Hull. Really disappointed in him. Looks utterly out of place in that team and has provided nothing of note this season.

That's it ,get behind the players !!

boom-klopp
7th April 2021, 08:50 PM
Personally as left field and shocking as it sounds, I would sell trent for £100m in the summer.

Teams attack us with diagonal long balls all the time on his side.

He gets shown up time and again.

he is slow, his recovery speed is like a tortoise, his positioning is u23 level still, his attitude at times stinks. people talk about him playing at cm. BULLSHIT! he has not the discipline nor the game intelligence to play there. this is just an observation.

I am probably one of VERY few who was embarrassed this past week by his allies and ass lickers in the media over southgate-gate.

shoulda stayed quiet yet he behaved like a spoilt brat.

i saw last night and predicted their left midfielder showing him up.

zidane put on a clinic last night on how to destroy our system.

trent is at the heart of that.

southgate is having a laugh.

£100m thanks very much.

fiordearg
12th April 2021, 06:54 PM
https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/ken-early-it-s-time-for-alexander-arnold-to-move-to-the-middle-1.4534648?mode=amp

Nineteenx
13th April 2021, 10:29 AM
Personally as left field and shocking as it sounds, I would sell trent for £100m in the summer.

Teams attack us with diagonal long balls all the time on his side.

Stop talking absolute crap Manc boy, try watching a game, teams do not attack us with long diagonal balls, that has never been how teams have released plyers in behind Trent when they were doing it, it has always been through a transition, most commonly through a player in Fabs area, into that centre player, midfielder making a run not off the back of Trent, but off the back of the mid who is supposed to be covering Trent being forward when Hendo's not playing

Not at all coincidentally, we didn't have a single issue whatsoever in the entire 15 game run with 15 wins with Hendo at CM orchestrating the press, not a single one

Teams have never successfully played long diagonals into the space behind Trent, they have tried it, but our CB's have always got headers to those attempted types of ball

Nineteenx
13th April 2021, 10:42 AM
Lots of absolute spoilt rotten children contributing here of late and possibly people smoking a shit load of weed suffering from severe short term memory loss

At the start of this season, and up until Christmas when we were fucking top, all these fair weather fuckers were raving about Mane and Robbo being our best, our left side was our best and most potent and where we got the majority of our breakthrough goals the last 2 seasons, in which we won a 4 trophies including a Champions League and a Premier League, our first in 30 years

Robbo and Mane were both played out of form because Jurgen and the coaches bizarrely tried to change things to have us play more tappy crappy like the City side we handed their arse to last season

They haven't adjusted or got back to any kid of form since, fair enough, but they haven't had any consistency of selection and patterns of play to be able to adjust to whatever the master plan that was so fucking good we ditched what made us so brilliant for 3 seasons and at the start of this was supposed to be.

People need to remember how brilliant these lads are and have been for us, they also need to stop making themselves appear the kind of numpties you hear on talksport who seemingly have precious little understanding of the game as they seem absolutely incapable of understanding that a huge part of why we were so successful the past 3 seasons was continuity of selection and system and that we have been missing several players who are absolutely key to playing as we did and do at our best either through injury or through them being pllayed out of position because of injuries to others

I'm guessing a few here are older than me, but they behave like 12 year olds

eggy81
13th April 2021, 11:08 AM
You should take some of your own advice 19.

Nineteenx
13th April 2021, 11:27 AM
You should take some of your own advice 19.

I don't slate our players, I understand perfectly well why many haven't performed and their best levels, I sympaphise a great deal with Robbo and Mane, because they were played out of form through things being changed uneccesarily

I assume you are talking about my critique of Fab, he is the only player I have critiqued, I have done this because there are flaws in his game, it's not about him playing better or worse because of other things that have changed or players being out, it is about him making the same mistake time and time again whether he or the team or having a brilliant game or poor game and I want him to sort it out

When Hendo first arrived I made a very similar critique of him, that he lacked awareness of the whole picture and needed to get his head on swivel and scan the pitch a lot more to always be more aware of what was on, and Hendo did exactly that and I never mentioned it since

There are reasons some players are out of form or have lost form, mostly down to other players being missing or things that were changed that should have been left well alone, my critique of Fab isn't the same thing, I critiqued him for the same thing because it was an issue in our Champions League and Premier League winning season and it's still there Eggy, if you lot can't see him charging in vacating an area to try and get involved in things we already have well covered is an issue and creates problems and leads us to us conceding goals, like the one Modric assisted for Real's third and the one McGinn assisted for Villa for those very reasons, I can't help you if you can't or refuse to see that

Nineteenx
13th April 2021, 11:38 AM

So it has nothing to do with changing the movement and positioning of Mane the player he linked with so brilliantly the past 3 seasons (which has also disastrously affected Mane's form) and it has nothing to do with us trying to go tappy crappy and him still making the same well timed runs from deeper beyond Gini to be found with switches we stopped playing or didn't have an in form Trent to play or Hendo in midfield to play? Our strength was playing to the strengths of the players we had, if we stop doing that, which we did, they very obviously aren't going to play as well

Football is a simple game, always has been, play to the strengths of your players, improve and develop on that through continuity of selection and formation and adding things to it while never losing sight of what their strengths are and stopping doing their bread and butter

Nineteenx
13th April 2021, 11:46 AM
Look at Robbo's contribution to our comeback win over Villa, and Jota's. they linked together through a ball played into Jota quickly and early as Mane used to thrive on, before we stopped doing that, Jota released him as Mane or Gini used to (from him making the same fucking run he has continually made I might add) and then, booooooooooooooom, the one thing I critiqued Robbo for when we were playing well and winning every game, looking to play someone in with a short cross he was never going to pick them out with when playing the percentages of shooting across the keeper knowing we had a player or two well placed to pounce on any parry and he does that and it's a goal

Nineteenx
13th May 2021, 11:55 PM
Trent back to better than his best tonight, an excellent display, in his poor spell after he suffered Covid, he maybe forgot what makes him the best RB in Europe and tried too hard and was too desperate to try and assist and seemingly forgot all about his incredibly contribution and ability as a playmaker at times from RB.

Tonight the deliver from set pieces was right back where it needs to be and be improved upon, most pleasing was seeing the return of his playmaking from deeper positions which was a massive part of our play and success in winning the Champions League and Premier League, long diagonals for LFWD or Robbo, switches to Robbo or LFWD, his curving ball over the top down the line for Mo and attempted balls over the top for Bobby and Jota or Mane, these were all things that made us less predictable, helped make our play and bamboozled many a side by continually asking different questions of them and testing them with different types of attack

I thought he added to his previous best tonight with his delivery of early crosses from deeper positions I'm such an admirer of De Paul's ability to play, those early crosses are priceless, even if they're not converted, they turn and upset opposition defences and when played right, stay in play for another of our players to initiate another point of attack with the opposition defence having been turned and pulled out of shape by them

Anther element I thought he added, which I've also been banging on about almost relentlessly, is for Bobby's goal he played the percentages, which our players don't do anywhere near enough, especially against park the bus sides, they all have to learn, as Bobby was guilty of it with his early chance too, when the shot is on and there are players between you and our other player more than likely to intercept and attempted pass or short cross, take the fucking shot on, smash it as hard as you can, on target, low and hard across the keeper so any parry is likely to present a chance to our other player coming in

Robbo I have a great deal sympathy for, he runs his socks off every game, gets found in the same positions he was found in for 3 seasons making his well timed runs over the half way line, but now when he receives it, there's no-one down the line ahead of him for him to link with and on numerous occasions tonight, no-one anywhere near him for him to link with and look for the ball to be returned to him in a good position for him to cross

He needs to look at his assists for Mo v City in last season's 3-1 and Jota's headed goal this season and work on putting the ball in early from deeper wide or inside left positions early a lot more, even if there's no-one there to pick out immediately, put it in, weight it so Mo can arrive on it late or retrieve it beyond the far post, but play it, it unsettles defences, it makes them turn towards their own goal under pressure knowing they have 3 very quick forwards around them, at worst it allows our forwards and mids to get a top class counter press on them and force a mistake

He needs to work on his switches to Mo and Trent in particular to return the favour and because it's very important he does moving forward

And he like all our players needs to work on playing the percentages and understanding them far better, last 3 seasons and in the first third of this season when Mane was always ahead of him to link with, he was by far our player most guilty of making piss poor decisions, not playing the percentages and wasting numerous glorious opportunities, when he gets it in those areas 5-6 yards just outside the far post and there are several defenders between him and our players and all our players have made runs into the six yard box (another thing that needs addressing) he needs to play the percentages and fucking shot as hard as he can, on target, across the keeper to the far post

Nineteenx
15th May 2021, 05:39 AM
There's a couple, but 21 seconds in, Trent's ball for Bobby taking four of their players out of the game is brilliant, he was superb, the thought of Trent and De Paul down our right, releasing each other inside and outside, the through balls, the crossing from either, the set pieces and long shots and having a midfielder who actually scores goals and knowing the pair will start competing with one another and develop off one another is absolutely mouth watering

https://youtu.be/uSrCBYGKG7I

Nineteenx
20th May 2021, 04:39 PM
Brilliant to see Robbo and Mane back in tandem down our left last night and WHAT an incredible difference it made to both of them and our team, Robbo looked like Robbo again and Mane looked like Mane again and that duo will be incredibly important in our game v Palace.

That's where Palace's defence and how Hodgson has them defend can be opened up, a full back and wide forward quickly getting in support of each other in tandem down either side and they get very narrow all drawn towards that side and their centre somehow also gets split, so balls to the far post area or penalty spot, balls played back to a midfielder for a first time ball to a player in the centre or at the far post on the opposite side from where play has built up and drawn players into.

Also the wide forward making a run in behind wide when they and the full back are advanced to give Robbo or Trent just a little more time to pick a short cross to around the penalty spot from inside left or right position and Bobby or Jota making the run in between their 2 centre backs to nod home.

That's he we opened them up so frequently in the 7-0 and that's how Arsenal opened them up for their 3 goals last night

In last night's game, Mane release Robbo with a trademark Mane and Robbo link up we've missed so desperately for Robbo to assist Bobby for our opener, then in another trademark link up, Robbo released Mane who produced a great bit of skill to get a fraction of a yard and pick out Phillips with a lovely short up and down cross to head home, brilliant from both of them and our goalscorers and brilliant to see them back in tandem.

I loved Trent's performance, I've loved the discipline and playing differently from last season because we lost our pace in the centre of defence from both, so much of one stays one goes and timing and coordinating when they do superbly, Trent sitting deeper last night for most of it, because their right presented their biggest threat, but still contributing brilliantly time forays forward when it was on and he was covered, as he likely will against Palace.

Loved his playmaking, he found Mo, Robbo advancing on the opposite flank and Bobby making constant runs to support the ball numerous times, I think a lot of people massively overlook and under estimate his top quality playmaking ability and defending and organising from deeper positions, he absolutely excellent at it.

Needs to start fucking putting that ball in early from deeper inside right and wide areas 5-10 yards our side of their penalty area, just put it in behind those defences camped on the edge of their area, not high, just whip it up and down over the first defender or through the channel pitching about the penalty spot going towards the far post on a trajectory that if none of our players get hold of it, the worst thing that's going to happen is it will go out for a throw, the defenders aren't going to get it, their keeper isn't and we have 3 or 4 players in positions looking to make runs in behind the opposition defence who are THE most likely players to get it.

You can just see it, a lot of the time for me Mane would get to that ball once he's used to it coming in or just by reacting to it, and either look to steer it or balst back into the opposite corner of their goal across their keeper or cushion it first time to the penalty spot for Bobby or Jota steaming in to steer home first time and it's exactly the same when Robbo's in the same position on our left. Put the fucking ball in

For me against park the bus sides looking to hold their line on the edge of their area our full backs playing that ball will be absolutely priceless, it makes them turn, it creates uncertainty, it makes them turn towards their own goal, our players are always favourite to get to balls played in like that first because they're looking for a ball in, they're all facing the opposition goal waiting to steam in, the defenders are facing the opposite way and have to turn, it will create panic and numerous opportunities to score and create chances. We spend far too much time and energy playing in front of park the bus sides letting them play and defend as they want, we have to test them, turn them, disrupt them, unsettle and upset them

Nineteenx
20th May 2021, 05:26 PM
On the above ^^^ that type of crossing in particular, is what excites me so much about De Paul, he has it absolutely down, it is a very different technique to Robbo's and Trent's usual crosses and balls into the box, it's a drop toe, foot angled down, bottom of the ball so the top and bottom of the foot are hitting the ball at the same time with a little stab, dig under the ball with a quick retract to create backspin and make the ball go quickly up and down and when he wants, a little bit of curl.

And look where he drops it, just over and in behind defenders camped on the edge of their area, too far away from the keeper for them to come and perfectly placed for one of his players, facing goal, while the defenders are facing away from it, to get to first and run onto and finish

Edit: That's another thing I look for in all players we're linked to or I see that look like they'll fit in brilliantly, not just the extra and the difference they will bring on the pitch, but how their different techniques of doing things and their vision and awareness and passes and crosses and when to arrive and types of finishes will benefit our other players in learning those different things and further developing their own games through training and playing with them

Nineteenx
20th May 2021, 05:41 PM
The reason I bang on about that particular ball is pretty simple

Low block

GK

FB CB CB CB FB
CM CM CM

Where's the space and the best area to put a ball in from that's in behind their defence, with our forwards facing towards goal and their defenders facing away from it and too far away from their keeper for them to come for

If you go to the byline, they're all already turned to defend that, mids are coming back into the box to crowd it out

Insidious
26th August 2021, 08:52 AM
Trent Alexander-Arnold now has the same number of Premier League assists as Cristiano Ronaldo - in 65 fewer games.

ianlfc
10th September 2021, 03:51 PM
Jurgen, "why would you turn the best right back in the world to a Midfielder "?
Is right Jurgen!!

Nineteenx
12th September 2021, 04:02 PM
Jurgen, "why would you turn the best right back in the world to a Midfielder "?
Is right Jurgen!!

100% correct, I always cringe when people see a brilliant attacking full back and start to clamour for them to play in midfield