PDA

View Full Version : Kylian Mbappé

Pages : [1] 2

CCTV
2nd July 2019, 08:33 PM
20 years old and already a world class striker capable of playing on the wings as seen in the world cup triumph playing on the right mostly. Hasn't played too much on the left but being right footed think he could do that job in our system too.

Mbappé has clearly stated his openness to looking for a new challenge away from PSG and has had numeorus links to all things Liverpool in the past few weeks. Klopp tried to sign him when he left Monaco. Klopps a great developer and he could improve here like nowhere else.

I think theres a good chance we'll sign him, this summer or next, preferably this summer. There are a few murmurs around our likely new kit deal and him too. Think our next kit deal will be the biggest financial package in the league.

Fair few murmurs that Nike want to get in as the next kit sponsors so as to benefit from their association with the biggest club in the country and all the positivity surrounding the club.

In the current market fees are rather crazy. The likely fee for Mbappé, a 20 year old world class attacker whose already got a huge goals and assists return at his age in club and international football, would be big and money well spent.
Joining a pack of lads who've tasted success and hungry for more.

Like Alisson when he came to Anfield, Mbappé likely left wishing he played here too.
Who could blame him ?

Nineteenx
2nd July 2019, 08:39 PM
Even the huge fee wouldn't be that great when you break it down over 10 years and factor in the likely large jump in sponsorship increase, hoping to see him in a Liverpool shirt penning a 6 year deal by the end of the week

toneata
2nd July 2019, 08:59 PM
https://i.imgur.com/Qqj7m4r.gif

Nineteenx
2nd July 2019, 09:04 PM
WHY NOT?

amOFZrrcYFI

;)

ianlfc
2nd July 2019, 09:14 PM
Never heard of him.

justincredible
2nd July 2019, 09:20 PM
Don't need him. We have Keita.

CCTV
2nd July 2019, 10:52 PM
https://i.imgur.com/Qqj7m4r.gif

I'll never be able to separate that face from your posts :D

Balinkay
2nd July 2019, 10:58 PM
Good post @toneata. Dean is always a win.

CCTV
2nd July 2019, 11:02 PM
Never heard of him.

Just another one of the LFC fambo ;)

CCTV
2nd July 2019, 11:05 PM
WHY NOT?

amOFZrrcYFI

;)

Style wise he'll look super smooth in red

southernboy
2nd July 2019, 11:33 PM
Don't need him. We have Keita.

And Brewster. Don’t forget Brewster.

Insidious
3rd July 2019, 12:19 AM
The combo of Salah/Firmino/Mane can get even better with further coaching and the gelling of players behind them. They are basically undroppable. So unless we are selling one of them, you have to wonder where Mbappe, immensely gifted as he is, fits in.

Oxlaide-Chamberlain, Alisson and Van Dijk purchases cost us £185m or so pretty recently. Our best players have signed improved (expensive too) contracts.

I love the idea of having the next Messi/Ronaldo level talent at Anfield - but funding it without breaking our wage structure and our very sensible recruitment policy under Klopp looks very difficult and very high risk (can you imagine if he tore an ACL in his first 6 months of a very long and high-paying contract?) when we could intelligently recruit young, cheap, under-the-radar potential all over the place, choose our loan-locations shrewdly and either rake in the money of developed players or use them ourselves if they're good enough.

Realistically in the current market if Leicester are looking £90m for Harry bloody Maguire then Mbappe is a £250m player who'll want £400,000 a week. That sort of outlay simply isn't viable for us and we won't want to alter the market too much as we'd shoot ourselves in the foot long-term, as the Oil clubs, Juventus, United and Bayern will have the ability to out-spend us for the foreseeable.

southernboy
3rd July 2019, 12:45 AM
My concern is whether we can keep Salah/Firmino/Mane fit for a season, complete with an overseas tournament in December. Bearing in mind that all 3 of them are still playing football now, they’re not going to get a proper preseason. Origi will hopefully stay, but with all due respect to Brewster, we haven’t replaced Sturridge or Ings. I’m not suggesting we spend £200m on Mbappe (as nice as that would be), but there must be an attacking player out there that would strengthen our squad.

CCTV
3rd July 2019, 01:35 AM
The combo of Salah/Firmino/Mane can get even better with further coaching and the gelling of players behind them. They are basically undroppable. So unless we are selling one of them, you have to wonder where Mbappe, immensely gifted as he is, fits in.

All 3 are 27 now, theres a possibility we'll lose/sell one in the coming years. Mbappe is the longer term future. Our front 3 play all the time, but even they need rest and miss games. Having 4 front 3 standard top players will not be a problem, they'll all have enough minutes to play.
The competition in midfield really did wonders for Hendo & Gini imo. Same can happen up front and also allow the unit to be ever more aggressive a notable feature of the previous season to this last one.

Oxlaide-Chamberlain, Alisson and Van Dijk purchases cost us £185m or so pretty recently. Our best players have signed improved (expensive too) contracts.

Our wage bill as a percentage of revenue was really low relatively and close to 50% at the end of the season. With wages off the books already we could add Mbappe and still be very low relatively on the wages to revenue ratio.
Similarly our net spend under Klopp is a modern day pittance and theres plenty of wiggle room with FFP. You're looking at gross spend like all of Klopps detractors at jealous rival clubs.

I love the idea of having the next Messi/Ronaldo level talent at Anfield - but funding it without breaking our wage structure and our very sensible recruitment policy under Klopp looks very difficult and very high risk (can you imagine if he tore an ACL in his first 6 months of a very long and high-paying contract?) when we could intelligently recruit young, cheap, under-the-radar potential all over the place, choose our loan-locations shrewdly and either rake in the money of developed players or use them ourselves if they're good enough.
Firstly any player can have a shitty injury. Mbappe like our front 3 has a good profile. If we started going down this route we wouldn't sign anyone good in case they got injured. Ox was a far bigger risk in terms of an injury profile. The same horrible injury you propose for Mbappe at lfc could (touch wood it won't) happen with one of our current attackers. Hence the calls to add another top attacker.

Realistically in the current market if Leicester are looking £90m for Harry bloody Maguire then Mbappe is a £250m player who'll want £400,000 a week. That sort of outlay simply isn't viable for us and we won't want to alter the market too much as we'd shoot ourselves in the foot long-term, as the Oil clubs, Juventus, United and Bayern will have the ability to out-spend us for the foreseeable.

Think you seriously have this whole area wrong. Without N4C we lack expertise here.

We are looking at a new kit deal. Presently we earn a little over half of Uniteds deal, 60%. We will likely sign a new kit deal and be the most lucrative kit deal in the league, practically doubling a significant income stream.
There's recent permissions granted for 6 concerts a year at Anfield another new income source.
As per other commercial income from partners/sponsors they are for the most part linked to on field performance.
Manu are at serious risk with respect to income having had such poor returns in recent years. Arsenal a good example also of this effect.
We on the other end of the spectrum are increasingly getting more returns as we continually make top4 and later stages of the cl.
As of 17/18 figures we were 7th richest club in the world. 18/19 figures to come out for revenue but I suspect we'll climb up that table again.
While for 19/20 we can expected even more, then the new kit deal will kick in so more again.

Mbappe is aware that few clubs can match his present wage. The 2 clubs hes potentially looking at are us and Madrid. He'll likely accept some wage drop as hes more focused on winning things. Presently we are the best destination for him if he wants to win things.

He is a commercial cash cow though. Players realise that players who bring in huge money get paid accordingly. If hes the top earner it wont cause much chaos imo.
We have top attackers who'll likely be getting wage increases anyway, signing contract extensions as we might see with VVD soon enough.

Our lads have tasted success and they want more. Mbappe signing for Liverpool would cause about as much disruption as Alisson and VVD have done.
You can argue those 2 were first team additions, rightly, then look at Fabinho Keita..

Aldo1988
3rd July 2019, 07:46 AM
There is no way we will sign him, he'll stay at PSG as nobody can afford him at the moment.

Steveo
3rd July 2019, 08:12 AM
There is no way we will sign him, he'll stay at PSG as nobody can afford him at the moment.

Yep - definitely a whiff of Rapunzel about the ‘Mbappe Predicament’.

Good name for a political thriller that..

toneata
3rd July 2019, 08:13 AM
Expecting one of the worlds most sought after players who's not even reached his prime to take a wage cut is just silly.

Fwiw I think we will try to sign him.............next season when either Salah or Mané go.

Balinkay
3rd July 2019, 09:36 AM
Expecting one of the worlds most sought after players who's not even reached his prime to take a wage cut is just silly.

Fwiw I think we will try to sign him.............next season when either Salah or Mané go.

Not sure we will you kno. And anyway - we'd fail miserably. :D

toneata
3rd July 2019, 11:56 AM
I think we'd try, I don't think we'd pull it off though as all the top clubs would want him and someone like City or Madrid would just slap £500k a week on the table and that would be that.

Steveo
3rd July 2019, 12:37 PM

IF you are going to suggest we spent £185 on Becker, Van Dijk and Chamberlain - it was closer to £178 to be precise - then you have to take £142 million out of that outlay from the sale of Coutinho.

Mbappe is going to cost a mind blowing amount but IF we are really determined the money should be there.

We haven’t spent much on the stadium - Even including the new Training facility it’s almost all in for Coutinho’s fee - we have sponsored just about everything shy of Henderson’s underpants and revenues are supposedly at record levels... We have run to the final of 2 consecutive Champions Leagues..As Tracey Chapman once said.. “If not now... then when...?”

I am not actually suggesting that we bust our balls over this but rather saying that right now - As Nineteenx has quite rightly pointed out over and over again - NOW is the time to ramp it up - not stand still and lose the advantage we have.

Klopp has taken us to near impossible heights with a squad IMO no other manager could get close with. Do we pat ourselves on the back and sing about number 6 for the next 15 years OR do we want to go after the bread and butter? Either we do OR we accept that we can’t compete with City etc.

eggy81
3rd July 2019, 02:06 PM
We wont be signing mbappe lads ffs

Steveo
3rd July 2019, 02:52 PM
We wont be signing mbappe lads ffs

I think we all pretty much know this - but we should defo be after top quality options to continue to improve, and I am sure we will.

eggy81
3rd July 2019, 05:40 PM
I think we all pretty much know this - but we should defo be after top quality options to continue to improve, and I am sure we will.

Of who weve been linked with I'd love to see pepe and Fernandez. Plus a left back as cover. Think we are in good order outside of that.

Nineteenx
3rd July 2019, 05:41 PM
Yeah, but it's fun to speculate ;)

Nineteenx
3rd July 2019, 05:41 PM
Of who weve been linked with I'd love to see pepe and Fernandez. Plus a left back as cover. Think we are in good order outside of that.

Agreed, almost, would love to see Fernandes and Werner and a LB for competition and cover, re Fernandes just think we need the little bit extra in midfield and it will be the difference between 1 point and 3 in a few games, and it will give us the opportunity to go 4312 and give Bobby some rest when Jurgen wants to, probably when we're a couple of goals to the good in games

eggy81
3rd July 2019, 05:42 PM
Yeah, but it's fun to speculate ;)

It would be some marker to lay down I'll give you that. He's obviously perfect for us but it's just so far off what both owners and manager seem to believe in apart from the fact he's still young.

Nineteenx
3rd July 2019, 05:46 PM
It would be some marker to lay down I'll give you that. He's obviously perfect for us but it's just so far off what both owners and manager seem to believe in apart from the fact he's still young.

Well, I do believe his signing would be brilliant as he can be here for 10 years or 4 or 5 with excellent resale value and like many I believe his signings could see us add 10m a season to our next kit deal which will already be bigger, so even though it would be a whopping fee, it wouldn't actually be that costly all things considered, it would be incredible value for money

eggy81
3rd July 2019, 05:52 PM
Agreed, almost, would love to see Fernandes and Werner and a LB for competition and cover, re Fernandes just think we need the little bit extra in midfield and it will be the difference between 1 point and 3 in a few games, and it will give us the opportunity to go 4312 and give Bobby some rest when Jurgen wants to, probably when we're a couple of goals to the good in games

Just hoping now we dont stand still. We probably have enough to mount a challenge but well need more ro succeed imho.

Kev0909
3rd July 2019, 06:11 PM
Just hoping now we dont stand still. We probably have enough to mount a challenge but well need more ro succeed imho.

Yes... everyone around us ,is bringing players in...

UTD will end up with fernandes...

Nineteenx
3rd July 2019, 06:21 PM

Yep me too, we were just short of quality from the bench last season which culminated in too many draws and could easily have cost us in the Champions League, we can't afford to stand still, I think Juve will challenge in the Champions League this season, they look like getting De Ligt in and have already got Ramsey and Rabiot in, which has considerably improved their midfield, we just can't stand still

I think it's important we get Fernandes in and make sure United don't, I don't think their getting him would make them challengers, but it would mean they're only a couple of decent midfielders from having a team that potentially could, we do really need him, he would solve a lot of problems, allow us to rest Bobby and also allow us to rest Mane and Mo in the last 20 minutes of games as he could comfortably come in and do a job at LFWD or RFWD to see out games

justme
3rd July 2019, 07:17 PM
If Pepe and Fernandes are so great. why aren't other teams bidding for them??.

skyebo
3rd July 2019, 07:45 PM

I don't know about Pepe, but I keep seeing that Man U want Fernandes.

Nineteenx
3rd July 2019, 07:46 PM

I don't like Pepe, think he's massively overrated and lazy

justme
3rd July 2019, 07:50 PM
I don't know about Pepe, but I keep seeing that Man U want Fernandes.

Yes, why don't they go and get him then?.

Nineteenx
3rd July 2019, 07:56 PM

Because he wants to join LFC ;)

toneata
3rd July 2019, 07:56 PM

Because his agent is probably delaying in the hope of sparking a bidding war.

Seems Utd are the only club interested though.

skyebo
3rd July 2019, 07:58 PM

I think Sporting want more than what they have offered for him.

justme
3rd July 2019, 08:20 PM
Ok then :)

stevie harkness
3rd July 2019, 08:21 PM

That's what I say about most of Klopp's signings.

southernboy
3rd July 2019, 08:30 PM

This all day long. To not improve the squad at all would reek of complacency. We’re not the finished product and never will be.

CCTV
24th October 2019, 07:14 AM
Kylian Mbappe scored three goals in just 38 (31 minutes really) minutes on Tuesday night as PSG beat Club Brugge 5-0. That takes him right to the top of the list of most deadly goalscorers in 2019, with a goal every 82 minutes of football. Here is the top ten in 2019.

1) Kylian Mbappe (PSG for now;))
82 minutes per goal
Goals per appearance: 0.93
Total goals: 28
Appearances: 30
Minutes played: 2283

2) Sergio Aguero (Manchester City)
85 minutes per goal
Total goals: 28

3) Roberto Lewandowski (Bayern Munich)
86 minutes per goal
Total goals: 36

4) Lionel Messi (Barcelona)
87 minutes per goal
Total goals: 32

5) Gabriel Jesus (Manchester City)
91 minutes per goal
Total goals: 14

6) Edinson Cavani (PSG)
94 minutes per goal
Total goals: 12

7) Neymar (PSG)
112 minutes per goal
Total goals: 10

8) Angel Rodriguez (Getafe)
114 minutes per goal
Total goals: 13

9) Duvan Zapata (Atalanta)
118 minutes per goal
Total goals: 23

10) Raheem Sterling (Manchester City)
118 minutes per goal
Total goals: 25

Only problem with signing Mbappe is he might want Milners shirt number !!

CCTV
24th October 2019, 07:15 AM
Courtesy of F365 ^^^^^^^

ianlfc
25th October 2019, 04:01 PM
Mbappe2020. What do yous think, Is it a goer or just bullshit. Plus where would he play ?

Taksin
25th October 2019, 04:35 PM
Pure wishful thinking.

He’d play up front and the team would be built around him

toneata
25th October 2019, 04:44 PM
Mbappe2020. What do yous think, Is it a goer or just bullshit. Plus where would he play ?

Ask CCTV, he'll tell you it's got legs.

Can't see it myself, even if one of the front 3 does go in the summer (which I think will happen).

Balinkay
25th October 2019, 04:51 PM
I'm just worried that CC will go awol like Fulby (?) when the transfer he's been on about for ages doesn't go through.

Don't go CC! Don't go!

Also Fulby (?), we miss you. ;-(

Aldo1988
25th October 2019, 05:29 PM
He wouldn't get in the team.

justincredible
25th October 2019, 05:43 PM

Not when we've got Mo.

skyebo
25th October 2019, 05:49 PM
Mane would drop back and replace Henderson or Wijnaldum.

southernboy
25th October 2019, 06:07 PM
We’d likely just not have a midfield at all.

I think Klopp’s preferred formation is 1-4-6.

CCTV
25th October 2019, 06:22 PM

I've read the Nike deal will be worth at least £70mill a year and could be more based on perfomance each year. The other thing with Nike is through their individual sponsorship they have great influence on athletes and where they end up. Similarly in terms of expansion they are active in markets like Brazil where getting a new balance kit is nigh on impossible apparently with the market supremacy of certain labels like Nike.
For them having Mbappe at one of the top pl or la Liga clubs is advantageous and this is pretty much what Mbappe wants also. Hed get more media promotion for Nike and is the likely next Messi/Ronaldo uber goalscorer. At the minute imo neither of the Spanish duo seem appealing and in the premier league presently he has us or another oil rich club. Moving to us is a top option. 2 years left on his contract at PSG and it seems very likely imo.
His current goal per minute stats are even better than Salahs in 17/18 of a goal every 93.6 minutes.
We all know replacing our front 3 will be an issue in time, having the best cf in the world whose as young as Trent is one sure way of mitigating any anxiety over this scenario.

Where does he play is simple. In 433

Mbappe Firmino Salah
Mane Mbappe Salah
Mane Firmino Mbappe
Mane Firmino Salah (gets a break on the bench and can be called on if needed)

In 4231
Mbappe
Mane Firmino Salah

In 4222
Mbappe Salah
Mane Firmino

In 442
Mbappe Firmino
Mane Keita Fabinho Salah

Even possible Firmino could play a debruyne role in 433

Mane Mbappe Salah
Keita Firmino
Fabinho

If you or anyone else doesn't think Mbappe is a credible acquisition, then I'm speechless and Klopp has more work to do in turning doubters into believers.
It'd be nice listening to Klopp saying this is what we had to do to improve the squad.

CCTV
25th October 2019, 06:26 PM
I'm just worried that CC will go awol like Fulby (?) when the transfer he's been on about for ages doesn't go through.

Don't go CC! Don't go!

Also Fulby (?), we miss you. ;-(

Fulby had a scoop and unfortunately fell on his sword as posters heckled him to that end, not believing we'd land Keita or VVD. As we all know they arrived at a later date and unlike some aspersions iirc VVD did not turn down Liverpool for man city.

Klopp has worked some wonders in the market like Robbo and unearthed Trent, but the transfers of more substantial value have been clear.
VVD Keita Alisson Fabinho.... Mbappe

CCTV
25th October 2019, 06:28 PM
Mbappe would complete some heavy investment in our spine and has all the requisite qualities to play as a wide/inside forward in our system.
It makes so much sense and with such devotion to Nike as shirt sponsor they'll want to arrive with a punch.

CCTV
25th October 2019, 06:35 PM
If we don't sign Mbappe, it'd be a big mistake.
If we can't sign Mbappe, it'll be a big surprise imo.

Mbappe 2020 :)

Balinkay
25th October 2019, 07:06 PM
Fulby had a scoop and unfortunately fell on his sword as posters heckled him to that end, not believing we'd land Keita or VVD. As we all know they arrived at a later date and unlike some aspersions iirc VVD did not turn down Liverpool for man city.

He did. I hope he's ok.

CCTV
25th October 2019, 07:17 PM
He did. I hope he's ok.

I'd say hes at least 6 times happier than the last time he was posting on here :)

Bring Fulby back I say......

ianlfc
25th October 2019, 07:27 PM
But is he a team player ? And Would he be happy on the bench ?
And what's his girlfriend look like ? These are the things we need to know.

CCTV
25th October 2019, 08:13 PM
But is he a team player ? And Would he be happy on the bench ?
And what's his girlfriend look like ? These are the things we need to know.

Yes, he's passed the deschamps are you a dick test with flying colours and seemingly a very good egg by accounts.

Yes, but he wouldnt be on the bench much in fairness nor would our current front 3.
Klopp sandwiched the four of Phil Bob mo and Sadio into the side when all fit and in form.
With Mbappe the foursome would be miles better than with Phil. Defensively and in attack.

I could careless bout who hes darting :D

Aldo1988
26th October 2019, 10:25 AM
Not when we've got Mo.

Actually, Mo is shit, get Mbopp in.

Aldo1988
26th October 2019, 10:38 AM
Mbappe is going to end up at Real, Furby told me.

Insidious
26th October 2019, 12:04 PM

We could always set up to beat teams 6-2 every week.

................Alisson

Trent...Matip....Van Dijk....Robertson

..........Oxlaide.......Keita

Salah........Firmino......Mane

................Mbappe

Aldo1988
26th October 2019, 12:23 PM
We could always set up to beat teams 6-2 every week.

................Alisson

Trent...Matip....Van Dijk....Robertson

..........Oxlaide.......Keita

Salah........Firmino......Mane

................Mbappe

Fab disagrees :)

Insidious
26th October 2019, 12:42 PM
Fab disagrees :)

As well he should, absolutely cracking player - but playing the above against relegation fodder now and then would be cracking fun!

toneata
26th October 2019, 01:37 PM
I'm guessing most would swap one of our front 3 for Mbappe given a choice?..........think that's what it's going to take to even have a sniff of a chance.

Would we be THAT much better with him in the side but minus say Mo or Mané?

shminkyred
26th October 2019, 02:31 PM
we could always set up to beat teams 6-2 every week.

................alisson

trent...matip....van dijk....robertson

..........oxlaide.......keita

salah........firmino......mane

................mbappe

ooooooooh:surprise:WHATS NOT TO LIKE?

Aldo1988
27th October 2019, 10:41 AM
As well he should, absolutely cracking player - but playing the above against relegation fodder now and then would be cracking fun!

Gent ran straight through us the other night because we played our most attacking midfielders Even Everton or Brighton would fancy their chances against us without a midfielder who specialty is defending.

CCTV
27th October 2019, 10:58 AM
I'm guessing most would swap one of our front 3 for Mbappe given a choice?..........think that's what it's going to take to even have a sniff of a chance.

Would we be THAT much better with him in the side but minus say Mo or Mané?

Time waits for no one, we can wait and have all 4 for a few seasons though.

teesred
31st October 2019, 12:49 AM
Anyone seen that Liverpool echo storybook thing on facebook about the Mbappe to LFC chain of events? All supposery but funny nonetheless. Be mental if it happened.

CCTV
31st October 2019, 01:26 AM
Anyone seen that Liverpool echo storybook thing on facebook about the Mbappe to LFC chain of events? All supposery but funny nonetheless. Be mental if it happened.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fans-excited-over-kylian-17164077
Mbappe liking our 2-1 win over spurs on Mo's insta

The first comment on the article is from jerzysgloves, they heard it was a done deal for 2020 in the summer gone ;)

CCTV
31st October 2019, 01:28 AM
Mbappe is going to end up at Real, Furby told me.

#FakeNews

teesred
31st October 2019, 01:28 AM
Yeah thats what Ive just seen on facebook. Funny.

CCTV
31st October 2019, 01:40 AM
#Glorious

eggy81
31st October 2019, 09:18 AM
Q salah to PSG next summer!

Insidious
31st October 2019, 10:15 AM
Q salah to PSG next summer!

Juventus are interested in Salah aren't they?

Doesn't seem beyond ridiculous to suggest that we might sell Salah to bring in Mbappe.

("why can't we keep Salah and bring in Mbappe?" ad nauseum)

Balinkay
31st October 2019, 10:28 AM
We could do worse than Mbappe to replace Mo if he goes.

jozza800
31st October 2019, 10:34 AM
We'll inevitably lose Mo at some point and probabaly one or two others over the next few years. Mbappe is suited to the Premier League. So why not.

Insidious
31st October 2019, 10:45 AM
Salah will be 28 in the Summer - Mbappe will be 21 😳

It's really not impossible to imagine something like Havertz and Mbappe in, Salah out provided we are clever with sales of one or two of our lesser-utilised players.

See what happens. Would be reluctant to break up our front three, but if we could maintain the same level (whilst bringing the age down) or even potentially improve (Mbappe in particular is so good!) then we could hopefully maintain some Dynasty-building work.

Balinkay
31st October 2019, 10:55 AM
Give me Havertz and Werner if we sell one of our front three and just watch the magic happen.

justme
31st October 2019, 12:10 PM
I wouldn't swap Salah for anyone.. he actually scores goals.when you buy a player..you never quite sure if they will turn out.who ever they are.

Clungeman
1st November 2019, 10:44 AM
Give me Havertz and Werner if we sell one of our front three and just watch the magic happen.

It'd have to be magic if you're thinking of tweaking the formation to a 4-3-4 without anyone noticing! :-P

Balinkay
1st November 2019, 11:02 AM
2-3-5. Like in the olden days!

dicko1969
2nd November 2019, 12:10 PM
Mbappe next move to Real M.

Aldo1988
2nd November 2019, 01:07 PM
Mbappe next move to Real M.

I said that earlier.

LEGS
2nd November 2019, 01:14 PM
Think its pretty obvious Real Madrid are the front runners for him.

He would cost at least £200m and we wont pay that.

Werner is more in our price range and he also has plenty of years in him IF we are in for him.

redebreck
2nd November 2019, 02:33 PM
Think its pretty obvious Real Madrid are the front runners for him.

He would cost at least £200m and we wont pay that.

Werner is more in our price range and he also has plenty of years in him IF we are in for him.

We are supposedly "in talks" with Werner

Aldo1988
7th November 2019, 08:49 PM
Kylian Mbappe continues to be linked with a move away from Paris Saint-Germain and Liverpool are seemingly ready to make a move for the attacker.

The 20-year-old has starred for PSG since arriving on loan in 2017, eventually joining for €180million, and is also a major target for LaLiga giants Real Madrid.

However, Champions League winners Liverpool could also make a move for the France international forward, according to El Desmarque, with a whopping £215million fee being mooted.

The report says the Premier League leaders have the funds to sign Mbappe after a quiet summer transfer window ahead of this season.

But Mbappe remains the main target for Madrid, who are also keen on Reds duo Mo Salah and Sadio Mane, despite being contracted at PSG until 2022.

He's still going to end up in Madrid

ianlfc
7th November 2019, 10:21 PM
Just imagine if we signed him. We'd have a front 3 of Salah, Firmino and Mané.

justincredible
7th November 2019, 10:29 PM

Hahahaha, too right Ian.

teesred
7th November 2019, 10:41 PM

Haha class.

ianlfc
7th November 2019, 10:48 PM
Them 3 have got us to were we are now and all 3 offer something different to a team that can't stop winning.
Nope point in changing anything up front.

Aldo1988
7th November 2019, 10:59 PM

Haha, he'll start for Real when he signs for them but he won't get in our team.

CCTV
7th November 2019, 11:30 PM

Funny, but let's not fuck about here, he's get in the starting 11 with the front 3

------------Alisson
Trent Gomez/Joel VVD Robbo
----------1Fab 1lucky
--------------Fab4

CCTV
7th November 2019, 11:33 PM
Kylian Mbappe continues to be linked with a move away from Paris Saint-Germain and Liverpool are seemingly ready to make a move for the attacker.

The 20-year-old has starred for PSG since arriving on loan in 2017, eventually joining for €180million, and is also a major target for LaLiga giants Real Madrid.

However, Champions League winners Liverpool could also make a move for the France international forward, according to El Desmarque, with a whopping £215million fee being mooted.

The report says the Premier League leaders have the funds to sign Mbappe after a quiet summer transfer window ahead of this season.

But Mbappe remains the main target for Madrid, who are also keen on Reds duo Mo Salah and Sadio Mane, despite being contracted at PSG until 2022.

He's still going to end up in Madrid

Madrid wear adidas like manu, we'll be in Nike and hes a Nike athlete.

Pals with Fabinho from Monaco, tarting himself out on insta and probably wants to play with some solid Brazilians under Klopp.

Klopp tried to sign him prior to his joining PSG for 100 million and Klopp gets his man in the end #7

It's a done deal and it's going to be biblical....
Hear now this, O foolish people, and without understanding;
which have eyes, and see not; which have ears, and hear not:

CCTV
7th November 2019, 11:41 PM
Firmino playmaker, Mane left, Salah right and Mbappé up top

Though I did see an ESPN yank pundit suggesting do we really want to see Mbappe pressing up top for Liverpool FC, before suggesting he'll join mediocrity united ��, again wearing Adidas ��

Balinkay
8th November 2019, 12:09 AM
CC, will there ever come a point where you stop talking about Mbappe signing? Will it be when he goes to Real or when he retires? :D

Your optimism is killing me.

CCTV
8th November 2019, 12:30 AM
CC, will there ever come a point where you stop talking about Mbappe signing? Will it be when he goes to Real or when he retires? :D

Your optimism is killing me.

Neither of those potential outcomes are likely in the foreseeable future.

Is the significance of the Nike deal really wasted on you ?

Nike kit - Nike baller - done deal - even Milner has been warming up no7 for the goal celebrations.

He gets to join Klopp, a top squad and the bones of a young enough team that'll be here in a few years time listed below.

Alisson
Trent Gomez 4 Robbo
Oxo Fab Keita
Elliot? Mbappe Origi?

Seriously Bali, think about it, where else is he gonna go ?

T575Pbo4eWM

Balinkay
8th November 2019, 09:03 AM
He's going to go to Real Madrid.

The Nike deal is important, but we're not that big a brand for them. The moment we don't get in the CL, they'll drop us like a dead baby. Also I doubt they have enough pull to seriously influence transfers.

pob
8th November 2019, 11:02 AM
Sly sports saying we're planning a 215m offer, with Salah going to madrid.
Sounds plausible. If we're even considering spending that amount on a player we're definitely loosing either one of mane or salah

Insidious
8th November 2019, 11:10 AM
He's going to go to Real Madrid.

The Nike deal is important, but we're not that big a brand for them. The moment we don't get in the CL, they'll drop us like a dead baby. Also I doubt they have enough pull to seriously influence transfers.

Hey, hey, hey!!!

You cut that "not getting in the CL" talk out right now.

Tottenham, Arsenal and Man United are all in transition while we are absolutely killing it at nearly every level and in nearly every department.

We're being set up for 80+ point finishes year-in, year-out for the next 20 years and I don't want to hear otherwise 😁

Balinkay
8th November 2019, 11:14 AM
We all don't Sid, but that's the reality. We need to make several deals like the Nike one to ensure that we can build on what little success (in the grand scheme of things) we've had recently. This squad has another two or three years in its current form at best, we need to capitalise on this current crop and the current manager to put the club in a better position to deal with the bad times when they one day come. And they will come.

Winning everything there is to win would be a wonderful start, but building infrastructure, scouting networks, scooping up young talent a la Chelsea, expanding the stadium, building the brand (I puke whenever I hear myself saying that) are all necessary components of this process.

We're in a position of power and we need to capitalise on it for the long term to cement ourselves as a force in world football, even if we miss out on trophies or even CL for a few years.

I want us to be able to say "So what, we've not won anything in five years, but this will change. We've got infinite money, infinite brand recognition and everybody likes us. We'll be fine." when the bad times come. I don't want fucking Jovanovic to be our marquee signing ever again! :D

skyebo
8th November 2019, 11:32 AM
Why would we need one of the front 3 just to bring him in? we are not poor. Drop Mane back and move Henderson or Wijnaldum on. It's a no brainer for me. Mane dropped back to accommodate Coutinho and M'Bappe is twice the player he was.

Aldo1988
8th November 2019, 02:16 PM
Why would we need one of the front 3 just to bring him in? we are not poor. Drop Mane back and move Henderson or Wijnaldum on. It's a no brainer for me. Mane dropped back to accommodate Coutinho and M'Bappe is twice the player he was.

I'd rather drop Bobby into midfield and have Mbappe through the middle with Mo and Mane either side. Bobby would make a great midfielder.

CCTV
8th November 2019, 02:40 PM
I'd rather drop Bobby into midfield and have Mbappe through the middle with Mo and Mane either side. Bobby would make a great midfielder.

That's how I see it. Bobby as a 10 our own kdb with better workrate. 4231 mostly so he can get his goals too.
You can see one of our current midfielders sit in with Fabinho and then you can see where our other players can fill into that system. Whilst giving us an option of resting one of our top forwards.

CCTV
8th November 2019, 02:44 PM

This is the crux of it for me, a lot of people seem to think we are a tin pot club financially.
Theres money there to be spent and a massive appeal to develop the club further financially.
The club historically has huge appeal and currently the brand appeal is clear in the global market.

skyebo
8th November 2019, 02:51 PM

Whichever way wouldn't bother me, the fact for me is, we wouldn't need to sell to bring him in.

Balinkay
8th November 2019, 03:28 PM
I used to be staunchly against Bobby being played in midfield. I think I'm kind of still against it, but with our good defence and Fabinho it seems a more reasonable proposition now.

ianlfc
8th November 2019, 04:38 PM
Why play a forward in midfield?

Balinkay
8th November 2019, 05:23 PM
That's the thing, he's not exactly a forward. In Hoffe he used to play as an AM in a 4-2-3-1 iirc.

ianlfc
8th November 2019, 05:30 PM
That's the thing, he's not exactly a forward. In Hoffe he used to play as an AM in a 4-2-3-1 iirc.

But he is for us and has been brilliant.
I'm all for bringing in top players but as long as they fit into our system ( you know the one that's been pretty decent over the past couple of years )
If it's not broke why break it ?

Balinkay
8th November 2019, 06:07 PM
Oh yeah, I definitely agree. Just pointing out it might not be completely insane to pull him back.

justincredible
11th December 2019, 02:55 PM
It's on..!!!

https://psgtalk.com/2019/12/part-owner-of-liverpool-pictured-wearing-mbappes-new-nike-collection/

southernboy
11th December 2019, 03:03 PM
I read earlier that we’re monitoring Neymar.

I really hope it’s not true!

miller0863
11th December 2019, 03:10 PM
Hopefully monitoring to make sure he stays out of Merseyside

justme
11th December 2019, 04:58 PM
Maybe we could swap Mane for him? Like one of the other garage stories this week. Why would a top footballer go to PSG? If not for the wages.

CCTV
27th December 2019, 05:11 AM
https://mobile.twitter.com/Scott_McRoy/status/1210336900873150464/photo/1

Crimson Dynasty
27th December 2019, 05:34 AM
I really wish this meme or whatever the hell it is would die.

John Henry himself could come out and say that under no circumstances is the club spending a penny to buy Mbappe in particular and you'd still have clowns banging on and on about #Mbappe2020 or whatever......

Klopp has said we're not buying him (as much as he loves him as a player), and that the club is never going to spend that kind of money on one player.

That should have been the end of it, but obviously.......no.

Just die already, stupid meme.

CCTV
27th December 2019, 06:18 AM
A meme !! Oh dear lord.....
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/265720-liverpool-fc-statement

Just gone 21- will be entering his final 2 years in the summer.
Klopp 2024 minimum to reassure would be additions
Best team in the world
Edward's to negotiate if Klopp believes its lfc or no one for Mbappe.

Aldo1988
27th December 2019, 01:07 PM
Give it up, he's not signing for us.

Balinkay
27th December 2019, 01:24 PM
No no, Aldo, get your shirt printed now! It's clearly a done deal!

Aldo1988
27th December 2019, 01:39 PM
No no, Aldo, get your shirt printed now! It's clearly a done deal!

I'll get the tattoo booked in for tomorrow :)

ianlfc
27th December 2019, 01:45 PM
Has he signed yet ?

CCTV
27th December 2019, 02:43 PM
Is it a pack or a gaggle of doubting bitches ?

Steveo
27th December 2019, 02:51 PM
A frock... :D

justincredible
27th December 2019, 03:09 PM
Going by this forum, it's a mob.

Balinkay
27th December 2019, 03:34 PM
@CC

I prefer "a concert".

https://pics.me.me/monocle-50719148.png

CCTV
27th December 2019, 03:38 PM
A depression of doubting dicks...

You leave this place after trents wink and a nod to Mbappe in a 4-0 dismantling, only to return to the curmudgeonry of closeted & cranky citizens

Balinkay
27th December 2019, 03:44 PM
Tbf, CC, that celebration and the twitter / instagram likes would make me think there was something there if it were any other player.

ianlfc
27th December 2019, 04:07 PM
Tbf, CC, that celebration and the twitter / instagram likes would make me think there was something there if it were any other player.

Yeah, Trent is off to Paris.

Balinkay
27th December 2019, 04:52 PM
Yeah, Trent is off to Paris.

He's English - they don't tend to do too well abroad. :D

dicko1969
27th December 2019, 06:53 PM
Mcmanaman Beckham...
Pennant , Mark Hateley.

Mbappe will be wanting £400k a week

Do we want to do a Sanchez / MU and destabilise the squad ; VVD , Mane and so on asking to double their wages too?

Werner is more realistic .

Kev0909
27th December 2019, 06:59 PM
Mcmanaman Beckham...
Pennant , Mark Hateley.

Mbappe will be wanting £400k a week

Do we want to do a Sanchez / MU and destabilise the squad ; VVD , Mane and so on asking to double their wages too?

Werner is more realistic .

Salah swap so 200k off wages only 200k more plus 50m?!?!?

dicko1969
27th December 2019, 07:03 PM
Plus an extra £150k a week for ;

Vvd mane firmino trent robbo Wijnaldum fabinho ox

1.2m a week+ / 52 = £60m+ wages extra

As well as Mbappe £20m a year.

Kev0909
27th December 2019, 07:05 PM
Plus an extra £150k a week for ;

Vvd mane firmino trent robbo Wijnaldum fabinho ox

1.2m a week+ / 52 = £60m+ wages extra

As well as Mbappe £20m a year.

But there's only one Kylian Mbappé they'll be bowing to him, and be happy he's here, infact they'll ask to get paid less to make up his wages!

you know as they're all Loyal and through and through, and the club gave em joy!

Nineteenx
27th December 2019, 08:38 PM
The lad needs to buy himself out of the remainer of his contract and take a wage cut if he wants to join the best team on the planet

Nineteenx
9th January 2020, 08:07 AM
Interesting

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/kylian-mbappe-responds-claims-over-21243740

His transfer value isn't going to be that in the summer when he's only got a year left on his contract, I'm quite certain he won't be signing a new contract either

reddownunder
9th January 2020, 09:10 AM
Ever since the Neymar transfer inflated transfer fees I think we'll see an increasing number of high profile Bosman transfers as clubs refuse to pay ridiculous fees. I think it's the only way Mbappe and Neymar will leave PSG

dicko1969
10th January 2020, 05:02 AM
Interesting

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/kylian-mbappe-responds-claims-over-21243740

His transfer value isn't going to be that in the summer when he's only got a year left on his contract, I'm quite certain he won't be signing a new contract either

2 years left to 2022

Anyway 6 months to summer 2020 ; anyone getting their nike shirt ready ?

CCTV
10th January 2020, 11:56 AM
2 years left to 2022

Anyway 6 months to summer 2020 ; anyone getting their nike shirt ready ?

Kylian Mbappé is trying to get no7 on his one ;)

Nineteenx
10th January 2020, 12:33 PM
It'll be amazing if this happens in the summer, I don't think it will involve any of our current lads going anywhere if it does, MBappe's only 21 so even a hefty fee isn't that hefty over several years (as in we won't need to be splashing out for another striker). We don't really need him, but he is brilliant and it would be another evolutionary step to making us even more formidable and great business, able to rest and rotate more I could see Jurgen going for every available trophy, he's still aiming for 5 this season. If we bring MBappe in and have that level of quality in depth next season, he might go for the clean sweep

toneata
10th January 2020, 08:59 PM
Can you really see any of Salah, Mané or Bobby happy rotating with anyone?, I can't.......and rightly so.

Any minuscule chance we'd have of signing Mbappe would rely on one of those going.

There's already murmurs that a signing like Sancho in the summer is less likely due to not be able to guarantee him a start. I can't see Mbappe taking rotation very well.

dicko1969
10th January 2020, 11:04 PM
Mbappe starts
Sancho too

CCTV
11th January 2020, 01:24 AM
Mbappe has the required quality for the front 3 to accept him as an equal. I'm not sure Sancho has that feather in his bow and seemingly is a bit of a pain in the arse for Dortmund.
Mbappe walks in as genuine competition, Sancho not so much, without slating his ability. With our current front 3 they'd also force Mbappe to improve aspects of his game.

We are where we are now. Add Mbappe and we can go 4231/42X and take it up another level.

Rotation in a 433 would also make sense.

Think the front 3 made from the 4 could take up the intensity levels more readily and as such we could get back to a more terrifying level as in 17/18 with more goals and assists via rest, rotation, competition and unpredictability with the line up.
None of the 4 would be lacking game time.
We could even see one or 2 start in domestic cup games and increase our chances of winning more trophies.

stevie harkness
21st January 2020, 10:18 AM
Kylian cog in the machine Mbappe...

Kylian Mbappe: PSG striker says Liverpool a 'machine' as they head to Premier League title - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51184842

CCTV
21st January 2020, 01:37 PM
I know, you know, he knows, hell everyone should know LFC is the place to be.

The maniacal mechanisms of mentality monsters.

Welcome my son, welcome to the machine ;)

toneata
21st January 2020, 02:08 PM
Official pics!, apparently all done including 'welcome' video................. they just need to get a second opinion on his knee.:eek:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EOy5GhUWsAEAm-H?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

***PLEASE NOTE this picture is property of LFC, and cannot be used for any self fornication by a certain poster on this forum.:encouragement:

CCTV
21st January 2020, 02:12 PM
Stalker alert....

southernboy
21st January 2020, 02:43 PM
The lad's clearly obsessed with us. When will he realise that he wouldn't even get in the starting eleven?

dicko1969
22nd January 2020, 05:22 AM
Sancho Havertz Werner

For the same price/salary as 1 Mbappe

Nineteenx
22nd January 2020, 10:50 AM
Sancho Havertz Werner

For the same price/salary as 1 Mbappe

I don't particularly want Sancho, sounds like a disruptive element to me

justincredible
22nd January 2020, 05:38 PM
Somebody's going to be getting a Fulbyesque hammering if this deal doesn't come through this summer.

dicko1969
24th January 2020, 04:43 PM
Anecdotal evidence suggests the arrival of the ‘new wave’ of foreign players from the 1978-79 season led to wage inflation.

Foreign professionals had effectively been banned from the English game between 1931 and 1978.

The only foreigners allowed were either amateurs (on low or no pay), students, those with familial Commonwealth ties, POWs or those who arrived for other reasons (eg: non-football work) and achieved resident status after two years.

But in 1978 the ban was lifted, forced by the EC. And that led to a season (and more) of star arrivals including Ossie Ardiles, Ricky Villa, Ivan Golac, Kaz Deyna and many others.

‘I honestly don’t remember how much we were paid that first season at Tottenham,’ Ardiles. ‘Certainly it was more than the average [of around £17,000 per year] at the time but I don’t remember how much.

I do remember that it led to other Spurs players asking for more, and getting rises, because we [Ardiles and Villa] were the best paid and they wanted more money.

CCTV
24th January 2020, 06:11 PM
Somebody's going to be getting a Fulbyesque hammering if this deal doesn't come through this summer.

Correct the doubters and Edward's.

I just like holding people to account on their mental limitations of the club and the misleading impressions they give of other clubs.

justincredible
24th January 2020, 06:38 PM
Correct the doubters and Edward's.

I just like holding people to account on their mental limitations of the club and the misleading impressions they give of other clubs.

No Mbappé = you're getting bummed

justincredible
24th January 2020, 06:39 PM
!!!...bummed...!!!

CCTV
24th January 2020, 07:26 PM
No Mbappé = you're getting bummed

Doubt filled cavernous doom merchant !!

shminkyred
24th January 2020, 07:50 PM

Ok enough is enough.......You've all got me to a point where I'm thinking theres a real chance he might be a summer transfer. Even worse I'll be Gutted when he goes to Spain...

(forgot my customer lol) lol

I just cannot see FSG paying a young newbie to the squad 100 to 150 grand a WEEK MORE than the top earners are on...

justincredible
24th January 2020, 08:01 PM
Doubt filled cavernous doom merchant !!
At least you're on the right tract.....

ianlfc
25th January 2020, 09:25 AM
Apparently £300 million is the price to bring him to Anfield. That's alot of Cash !!

Nineteenx
25th January 2020, 05:43 PM
!!!...bummed...!!!

:D :D :D absolutely BALLS DEEP, NO KISSING

CCTV
26th January 2020, 04:12 AM
At least you're on the right tract.....

Just accept it, you're a bummed bummer.....

CCTV
26th January 2020, 04:30 AM
Apparently £300 million is the price to bring him to Anfield. That's alot of Cash !!

Interesting story if true, it would indicate the levy has just broke, the dam is burst and you cant stop the red tide !!

Where's this story from ? All I can find among the numerous Mbappe/LFC pieces is a piece saying hes valued at $296 million by CIES Football Observatory.

Using today's exchange -
$296million = £226 million.

Over to Edward's to do his thing and negotiate the price down :)

CCTV
26th January 2020, 04:50 AM
Ah, Julien Lauren the man has many tunes :D

Obviously Mbappe wants lfc, he must make it only lfc which doesnt seem beyond reason. Could suit PSG as they've found both Barca and Real very annoying. Everybody's gonna be happy.

Then leave it to Edwards with only 2 years left on Mbappes contract. £160-180 mill.

Nineteenx
26th January 2020, 05:02 AM
Well at least this thread obsesses over a top top class player, there are loads of likely young LFC fans obsessing over Adama Traore who for me is very over rated and just doesn't suit how we play at all, he looks good against us because he's very very quick and powerful and we play a high line and let him get the ball to feet, he has too many non existent days against teams who set up to defend, block the passes to him and set up so he has two men to beat, tactics all our players deal with very well, as well as working a damned site harder for the team and having far better link play and movement.

For me he's one of those players who's very good in the team he plays for, but his being good is reliant on them setting up to allow him to not do much work without the ball and to just hang around areas from which he can use his incredible speed and strength from waiting for the ball a lot of the game, not contributing is he's not involved.

CCTV
26th January 2020, 05:14 AM
Mbappe obsesses over LFC - only fair we and the lads return the favour to let him know he's welcome.

Imagine having to settle for anything less, the poor lad would be devastated !!

Nineteenx
26th January 2020, 07:19 AM
Mbappe obsesses over LFC - only fair we and the lads return the favour to let him know he's welcome.

Imagine having to settle for anything less, the poor lad would be devastated !!

It would be incredible if we were to sign him, I only see it happening if there's some arrangement with Nike on certain things and FSG 100% view it as a brilliant opportunity to take over and dominate lucrative markets that will hugely boost our revenue streams to become the dominant club making the highest earnings in several markets. I don't usually crave the top rated players, but MBappe is a perfect fit for us and his profile as a player and a marketing tool are superb and he can be at the club for 10 years, or here for 5 or 6 years and we sell him on for a huge fee and bring another such player in having already established our domination of those markets

I'd be absolutely ecstatic if we sign Werner, both can play in all 3 forward positions, I could even see both coming if Mo decided he wanted to try a stint in Spain, I'd prefer that not to happen and us land one of them though. We have other positions we really do need to recruit for long term this summer, another Hendo type who can play as No6 or No8, another attacking No8. a top up and coming LB for competition and cover for Robbo and possibly a new top up and coming CB to replace Lovren, although he may well be allowed to see his contract out, I'd personally like a new 20-24 year old top quality CB who can possibly raise himself close to Virgil's levels and has the physical attributes to be as dominant, Matip has the height and the incredible positioning and reading of the game but not the incredible strength and pace of Virgil, while Gomez has the pace, his reading of the game and positioning isn't as good and he's not dominant in the air or as powerful, he got bossed Lovren style by Jiminez in the air in the Wolves game

So whether it's Mbappe or Werner could very much depend on which other areas we're looking to strengthen, we might just go for the Hendo type No6/No8 a LB and MBappe or Werner, we have Keita, Oxlade and Minamino who can play as the attacking No8, although I think Jurgen is eyeing a different type of attacking No8 specifically for LCM to be honest hence the Fabian Ruiz link, more of a playmaker attacking No8 who can play incredibly special passes and fire in spectacular finishes from distance than the cut and thrust, dribbling, and penetrating runs to arrive on the end of things in the box of Keita. I'd love to have such a player, but given our current options I think a long term signing who can play as Hendo/Gini/Fabinho operate right across our midfield three is more urgent and important

Kev0909
26th January 2020, 12:04 PM
if we got him, you'd have to think salah or mane would be leaving no way would we get someomne like mbappe without any big outgoing like coutinho was

shminkyred
26th January 2020, 01:21 PM
if we got him, you'd have to think salah or mane would be leaving no way would we get someomne like mbappe without any big outgoing like coutinho was

I don't think klopp would ever force one in his squad to leave.......especially his dream team.......

If he did that would be the beginning of the end IMO

But he absolutely has to bring in real competition.....

Nineteenx
26th January 2020, 01:41 PM

That's why I think it would take some kind of arrangement to be cooked up with Nike to happen, the idea is we have four top class forwards we can challenge for every single trophy and they can all get enough rest so they're always playing at peak, we don't want to sell a player to buy one in that area, that defeats the purpose of bringing in another top class striker altogether

A rumour's been floated I've seen on a few sites that Jurgen is going to have a £170 million budget, plus money recouped from players sales, I wanted us to bring in one of the midfielders we need this window so they could bed in before the start of next season and then if we bring another 2 players in to replace ones who have left/been sold to raise our levels still further, it's not a huge disruption to the squad, I think Lallana will leave on a free, Shaqiri will go, Lovren maybe, or he might be allowed to see out the remaining year of his contract, he's a weird one, a big part of me thinks he's only still here because he's Mo's bessie, so it's like we're paying Mo more to keep him around or Lovren's earning well in excess of his level for being Mo's bessie. Grujic I'm sure will be sold and we'll get a fair wedge for him, we don't really want players with any history of niggling injuries, Wilson will go and a few other loanees who are very good players but don't quite have the skill sets we need, so we should generate a fair wedge 70-100m from sales too, I honestly can't see Jurgen spending it all or most of it on one player, I don't see us bringing any more than 3 players in during the summer either so was really hoping for a No6 or No8 for the long term future or a LB as competition and cover for Robbo this window

Depending who's available this window and the summer window should have been/should be really big windows for us to improve our strength in depth and to bring in 3-4 top top quality players to replace the ones who will be leaving, to look to raise our levels again AND build for the long term future in the No6 and No8 (Hendo/Gini roles) area, at CB and by bringing in another top top quality forward and after years of running at outlays considerably lower than a lot of Premier League clubs in our net spends and hugely lower than all by the proportion of profit we generate that has gone towards net spend on tansfers, these two windows should be the ones they pull out all the stops in and back Jurgen to the absolute hilt to bring in 3 or 4 top top quality players, it's a huge chance to secure the best available 19-24 year old talent in the positions we need it and move further ahead of other clubs rather than standing still giving them an opportunity to try and close the gap

CCTV
26th January 2020, 06:11 PM

I think people underestimate our potential spending power massively.

We must be hoarding money at this stage.
Our net spend is ridiculously low - ranked 11th in the pl since Klopp arrived last time I checked.
Net-spent/invested half as much on transfer since Klopp arrived as we did over the same time frame pre-klopp.

Our wages have remained stable as a percentage of revenue, which has been a healthy ratio as clubs measure it.

The club accounts will be out soon and it'll be interesting to see what our wage:revenue ratio is at.
We've had a reported jump in revenue of £77.9million pounds from a bigger jump in revenue the previous season the one we lost the cl final to Madrid.
Another interesting thing in the accounts will be our profit/loss margin.
In the last set of accounts we posted a £125 mill profit iirc and in the accounts before that a £39mill profit. The clubs value due to success, capital investment stand/training facility will be up and the tv money in cl and pl is up too which will all help increase the value of the club.
N4C used to say fsg would not take money out of the club, if true and I think it is true, then shareholders can see their return in the value of their shares rather than big dividends. With the way the club is going that in time could lead to big returns on share values and small tiny dividends in time.

The way we account transfers now is a little different to how I look at net spending. I look at net spend and they amortize transfer spending. So this isnt the right way to look at it, but I'm not gonna try and amortize.
In 17/18
With our revenue £77.9mill less and a net profit on transfers of £18.5mill roughly we profited £125mill.
In 18/19 we net spent £127 mill on transfers with an increased revenue of £77.9mill.
So as I look at it the net spend difference was £145.5 mill in effect.
£125 million profit + £77.9million in revenue gain - some wage increases - £145.5 = some small enough profit/loss margin.
£57.9 million profit minus wage increases.

This year we lost Sturridge 120-150kpw & Moreno 40-50kpw that would have been on the wage bill last year and Ings wages off the books for good now and we added minamino.
This coming summer I think we'll lose Lallana 110kpw and Clyne 60-70kpw off the books.
That's a lot in wages.

Players more likely to be sold/leave than Salah imo....
Wilson and Grujic having some good success at top5 league clubs and a few suitors by rumours. If they are not part of Klopps plans and he says the move is probably best for them and their careers they could generate some transfer fees. If not they come home and start contributing.
Shaqiri & Origi - a club legend and a club icon having partaken in big moments forever in our hearts LFC 4 Barca 0 :), but they arent getting enough games and both could move on for regular first team football. Other clubs would be interested imo.
Origi only signed a new contract last year, but that could be out of decency he is a top bloke stayed for the year picks up another few trophies and leaves with the blessings of all redmen and God for new adventures. If they move attackers need replacing.
Lovren, one year left on his contract, might move might not, I think he might be least likely to leave.
Theres no guarantees any of them will leave its upto Klopp and them and clubs offers.
But there are 5 players who could leave this summer. Why people look at Mane & Salah first and foremost is beyond me.
Imo both Mane & Salah will be bere next season at the very least and likely not gonna move till they are 30 years old for one last experience.

Good youth prospects.
Williams, Ki-Hoever, Larouci, Lewis have all impressed somewhat when playing at rb or LB imo, Ki-Hoever perhaps a future CB.
Jones & Elliot likewise.
I've preferred Lewis at left back when I've seen him in the summer friendlies and his goals/assist record is better than Larouci.

Theres a limit to what we can do, but imo it's set pretty high.

CCTV
26th January 2020, 06:18 PM
Now this season 19/20 we have a net profit on transfers to date £26.73 million.
We have had the extra games of the charity shield, Super cup & WCC.
A lot depends on our CL run if we are gonna bank the same revenue. I really do think if we get beyond Atletico we have a great chance of retaining old big ears.

In 17/18 with slightly less profit on transfer dealings we banked £125 mill profit.
If we reach the CL final this year say we likely increase revenue with those extra games.

£125profit + £77.9 increase in revenue if we can maintain it = £202.9 mill profit - minus wage differences (which could be negligible enough)

dicko1969
26th January 2020, 11:02 PM
Klopp net spend in his 5th season now stands at £75m +/-

The last 5 years revenues - operating costs, and new stand

For now we seem a very healthy club
Winning
Playing good football
The players value around x3
Each transfer been successful (Karius and to less extent Keita)
The squad with hardly any "deadwood " that each year is pruned
Academy u23s u18s looking proactive
Club value around £2bn
New shirt deal
Trophies

Draw 2-2 to the salops 😂👊

Kev0909
26th January 2020, 11:10 PM
Now this season 19/20 we have a net profit on transfers to date £26.73 million.
We have had the extra games of the charity shield, Super cup & WCC.
A lot depends on our CL run if we are gonna bank the same revenue. I really do think if we get beyond Atletico we have a great chance of retaining old big ears.

In 17/18 with slightly less profit on transfer dealings we banked £125 mill profit.
If we reach the CL final this year say we likely increase revenue with those extra games.

£125profit + £77.9 increase in revenue if we can maintain it = £202.9 mill profit - minus wage differences (which could be negligible enough)

You can say all the figures and facts

But this is klopp he won't break the bank unless we have big outgoings, well not just klopp FSG

you're forgetting upgrading stadium £££ new training ground ££££

dicko1969
26th January 2020, 11:17 PM
Mbappe will break our wage structure

This isn't like a Sanchez or Ozil situation

But the other players / agents will be knocking on the door

Werner Havertz Soumaré much more reasonable

shminkyred
26th January 2020, 11:23 PM
Mbappe will break our wage structure

This isn't like a Sanchez or Ozil situation

But the other players / agents will be knocking on the door

Werner Havertz Soumaré much more reasonable

but haven't we all convinced ourselves that Nike will top up his wages in image rights etc to sweeten the pot? lolol

yea dont actually believe it....but its the kind of snyde move City, PSG, or Real would be doing to bend the rules.......why shouldn't we

CCTV
27th January 2020, 01:50 AM
You can say all the figures and facts

But this is klopp he won't break the bank unless we have big outgoings, well not just klopp FSG

you're forgetting upgrading stadium £££ new training ground ££££

Klopps in a new situation at Liverpool, he'll have learnt from Dortmund. Never set a world record fee at Dortmund to my knowledge.

Lots of posts about how manu stole a march building up their commercial side. Mbappe could be part of our strategy.

CCTV
27th January 2020, 01:54 AM
but haven't we all convinced ourselves that Nike will top up his wages in image rights etc to sweeten the pot? lolol

yea dont actually believe it....but its the kind of snyde move City, PSG, or Real would be doing to bend the rules.......why shouldn't we

No :D, there's plenty who are against the idea itself or dubious about whether we could or would do it.

You can be sure kit manufactures have an influence in the game. They all want to be connected to succesful teams. It's why adidas opted to walk away from Lfc.
City & PSG are different, they're using their own companies/funds.

shminkyred
27th January 2020, 12:34 PM
No :D, there's plenty who are against the idea itself or dubious about whether we could or would do it.

You can be sure kit manufactures have an influence in the game. They all want to be connected to succesful teams. It's why adidas opted to walk away from Lfc.
City & PSG are different, they're using their own companies/funds.

Yea I realise they're using their own funds .......but a resurgent LFC with Mbop in the team it's a shirt sponsorsdream.....The point about those other teams is they always get inventive to get what they want..

I blame you CC you've completely talked me into believing.....lol.....

Has Edwards got an ace up his sleeve?

Kev0909
27th January 2020, 03:59 PM
You would like to think there's a reason we're getting less a year (outright payment) but more money from shirt sales with nike..

Must be a reason riiiiiight

It probably 100% works out more anyway buuuuuuuuuut, if you know we signed Mbappe how much money would we get back from shirt sales?

shminkyred
28th January 2020, 11:52 PM
You would like to think there's a reason we're getting less a year (outright payment) but more money from shirt sales with nike..

It probably 100% works out more anyway buuuuuuuuuut, if you know we signed Mbappe how much money would we get back from shirt sales?

Especially if Nike pay half is wages.

CCTV
29th January 2020, 01:55 AM

It's easier to buy a nike Jersey in other countries than new balance. Nike will be much stronger in helping us break emerging markets as they are a stronger brand/distributor and can use their nike athletes in USA and china.

He'd also help the club in attracting better commercial partners/payments.

CCTV
29th January 2020, 01:56 AM
Yea I realise they're using their own funds .......but a resurgent LFC with Mbop in the team it's a shirt sponsorsdream.....The point about those other teams is they always get inventive to get what they want..

I blame you CC you've completely talked me into believing.....lol.....

Has Edwards got an ace up his sleeve?

Blame Klopp it's all his fault, if he never signed and did his wonderful job we wouldnt even have to entertain our present and pending success.

Balinkay
2nd February 2020, 10:16 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SCUg9yA8sk

Oh yeah - defo has the exact sort of character we need.

justincredible
2nd February 2020, 11:48 AM

His mind is on Liverpool.

toneata
2nd February 2020, 12:39 PM
Uh oh, file Mbappe under 'disruptive element' like Sancho.

That leaves............................................ .#WERNER2020

Balinkay
2nd February 2020, 01:13 PM
No no, toneata, this is all a ploy to get his move, you see. He's actually an angel who'll make every possible sacrifice to come to LFC.

CCTV
2nd February 2020, 03:13 PM

Come on Bali, you know what Jurgen says about these things.

CCTV
2nd February 2020, 03:18 PM
No no, toneata, this is all a ploy to get his move, you see. He's actually an angel who'll make every possible sacrifice to come to LFC.

Ox and Mane were more pissed off in their incidents this season. Both sound solid professionals and top men.

It's a pity tuchel couldn't act with confidence. Never been impressed with him.

Balinkay
2nd February 2020, 05:04 PM
Ox and Mane were more pissed off in their incidents this season. Both sound solid professionals and top men.

It's a pity tuchel couldn't act with confidence. Never been impressed with him.

Not a huge fan of his either tbh.

I mean, did you see how he almost clawed out the angel's face? The poor thing didn't even have time to put on his jacket he was so frightened!

teesred
2nd February 2020, 05:07 PM
His mind is on Liverpool.

Yep..we've turned his head.

southernboy
2nd February 2020, 05:43 PM
Hardly the worst reaction I’ve ever seen.

southernboy
4th February 2020, 02:53 PM
I imagine he can't wait to get away from this prick.

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/onesport/cps/800/cpsprodpb/12E53/production/_110759377_gettyimages-1198183949.jpg

teesred
4th February 2020, 03:05 PM
I imagine he can't wait to get away from this prick.

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/onesport/cps/800/cpsprodpb/12E53/production/_110759377_gettyimages-1198183949.jpg

What a cunt he is. I cant imagine why any fan would want him playing for their club. Tailor made for Real. A cunts club for cunt players.

dicko1969
4th February 2020, 05:43 PM
https://youtu.be/1nMoHTqfxxc

dicko1969
4th February 2020, 05:43 PM
If Mbappe has a proper manager then no problems at all

Nineteenx
4th February 2020, 05:50 PM
A move to Liverpool could really help the lad develop into one of the very best world class players, I watch games in the French League, I watch highlights too, people talk about MBappe being world class, he isn't that for me yet, yes he scores great goals in Ligue 1, but he has a lot more time and space to do what he wants to do than he gets in the Champions League and a hell of a lot more than he would get in the Premier League, he will absolutely score goals in the Premier League, but he will also find it a lot harder than he maybe thinks it will be and a move to Liverpool is exactly what he needs to become truly world class and improve, I watch a fair bit of Bundesliga and La Liga too and the Premier League is THE toughest league to score goals in a lot of very very good very organised teams who don't leave the sort of spaces and give players the amount of time they get in the other leagues and are a lot more physical

Balinkay
4th February 2020, 07:15 PM
What a cunt he is. I cant imagine why any fan would want him playing for their club. Tailor made for Real. A cunts club for cunt players.

Some role model for old Kylian.

Frasier
4th February 2020, 08:59 PM
If he does ever move here his chant should be "And who loves you and who do you love.....Kylian..Yes,yes,yes!"

LFC-DPG
4th February 2020, 09:05 PM
If he does ever move here his chant should be "And who loves you and who do you love.....Kylian..Yes,yes,yes!"

Klopp can tell him “It’s time to start running”

miller0863
6th February 2020, 06:54 PM
“And while Jurgen Klopp’s side have repeatedly been linked with a move, journalist Oriol Domenech has told Catalunya Radio that Real Madrid have already wrapped up a move for Mbappe, cited by the Daily Star.

From what they tell me from different clubs that have contacted him, Madrid has it closed.
When Mbappe departs, in 2020 or 2021, he will go to Madrid. “

Nineteenx
6th February 2020, 07:01 PM
“And while Jurgen Klopp’s side have repeatedly been linked with a move, journalist Oriol Domenech has told Catalunya Radio that Real Madrid have already wrapped up a move for Mbappe, cited by the Daily Star.

From what they tell me from different clubs that have contacted him, Madrid has it closed.

Lol there's loads of fine players wasting their careers moving to Barca and Real still when their star is significantly waning, both have huge rebuilding jobs to do and both seem to be just randomly buying top players from other clubs without a credible plan for them. Financially and marketing wise and because he's already a very good player, although he still has to prove it in one of the top top league for me MBappe would probably be FSG's dream, but I'd be absolutely made up with Werner and perhaps given his work ethic and mentality, him having it far from easy in the challenges he faces with RB Leipzig in the Bundesliga compared to MBappe whose PSG side face zero genuine challenge in Ligue 1, I think Werner may well be the better option and better fit

CCTV
6th February 2020, 08:52 PM

You've got to laugh :D
Journo says deal agreed for Mbappe before 2022 :D

CCTV
6th February 2020, 08:59 PM
A move to Liverpool could really help the lad develop into one of the very best world class players, I watch games in the French League, I watch highlights too, people talk about MBappe being world class, he isn't that for me yet, yes he scores great goals in Ligue 1, but he has a lot more time and space to do what he wants to do than he gets in the Champions League and a hell of a lot more than he would get in the Premier League, he will absolutely score goals in the Premier League, but he will also find it a lot harder than he maybe thinks it will be and a move to Liverpool is exactly what he needs to become truly world class and improve, I watch a fair bit of Bundesliga and La Liga too and the Premier League is THE toughest league to score goals in a lot of very very good very organised teams who don't leave the sort of spaces and give players the amount of time they get in the other leagues and are a lot more physical

Mbappe would arrive world class - aiming for truly world class :D
He has it in spades, only a matter of how much he can get out of himself over his career.

Football points him in one solid direction as destiny whispers in his ear - sign for Liverpool or you're getting bummed !!!

Nineteenx
6th February 2020, 10:43 PM
Football points him in one solid direction as destiny whispers in his ear - sign for Liverpool or you're getting bummed !!!

That is an ENTIRELY accurate assessment

Aldo1988
7th February 2020, 08:36 AM
Said it ages ago, he's signing for Madrid.

Nineteenx
7th February 2020, 08:54 AM
Said it ages ago, he's signing for Madrid.

Nobody really knows where he's going, I'd actually prefer Werner, just think MBappe could disrupt our squad harmony, he's been growing up hanging around with Neymar who is a complete 'the ego had landed' knob

reddownunder
7th February 2020, 09:13 AM
Nobody really knows where he's going, I'd actually prefer Werner, just think MBappe could disrupt our squad harmony, he's been growing up hanging around with Neymar who is a complete 'the ego had landed' knob

I'd prefer Werner too and he would cost less than a quarter of the reported fee for Mbappe

justme
7th February 2020, 09:14 AM
How good could Mbappe be when teams sit in against us?? hes world class when hes got the space to run into. But he wont be given that space in most games.
We seem to sign players like Minamino who can run into little spaces between the oppositions midfield and backline. Time will tell if he produces enough. I have good hopes for in the long run.

Aldo1988
7th February 2020, 09:40 AM
I'd prefer Werner too and he would cost less than a quarter of the reported fee for Mbappe

This, think Werner is our kind of player. Works hard, is fast, unselfish and can score a goal or two.

Aldo1988
7th February 2020, 09:42 AM

I've just had a feeling for a while now. Real usually get their big targets (as do Barca) and I'm not convinced that all the Nike bollocks really matters. Agreed on Werner (see my post above), think he'd be a better fit for us and I'm guessing would command a starting line up on arrival.

Nineteenx
7th February 2020, 09:43 AM
This, think Werner is our kind of player. Works hard, is fast, unselfish and can score a goal or two.

AND has done all that consistently in a much tougher league in a team that has the odds stacked against them with Bayern and Dortmund to try and get past, not in a one team league with the odds massively stacked in his favour in a team of over paid over pampered egomaniacs

LEGS
7th February 2020, 11:47 AM
I said months ago when all this Mbappe bollox came about i'd prefer Werner just on gut feel and what ive seen of him he is very good..fits our system...works hard..has pace and is hungry to improve.

Mbappe is brilliant no doubt but I dont really want him as he will want £300-400k a week and that WILL without doubt cause priblems here.

Klopp wont go for Mbappe of that im sure as he is nailed on to go to Madrid.

I wouldnt be surprised if Werner has already signed for us as Reddy never mentioned his name but dropped hints of players ages around 20-24 and in the £50m bracket....he fits that bill as does Soumare who 19 is a fan of.

Martyboy
7th February 2020, 03:48 PM
I said months ago when all this Mbappe bollox came about i'd prefer Werner just on gut feel and what ive seen of him he is very good..fits our system...works hard..has pace and is hungry to improve.

Mbappe is brilliant no doubt but I dont really want him as he will want £300-400k a week and that WILL without doubt cause priblems here.

I wouldnt be surprised if Werner has already signed for us as Reddy never mentioned his name but dropped hints of players ages around 20-24 and in the £50m bracket....he fits that bill as does Soumare who 19 is a fan of.

Spot on really as far as I'm concerned...£300-400k a week??...Anybody thinking we're gonna fork out that kind of dosh on any player are having a tin bath!!...:)

Nineteenx
7th February 2020, 04:59 PM

I'm a massive fan of both Werner and Soumare and that's pretty much my wishlist for the summer, Werner, Soumare and a LB, don't think we'll see anymore business than that, although, with Brexshit possibly making signings down the line a bit more problematic it might be possible we move to bring one or two more in. If we just get Werner and Soumare I'll be absolutely delighted, the Fabian Ruiz link was certainly a VERY interesting one though, not ahead of Soumare as his type of player is exactly what we need for immediate contribution and long term for No6 and both No8 positions, but if we were to sign an additional midfielder as well as Soumare, Ruiz set of skills are ones which I feel would compliment what we already have incredibly well at LCM No8, he has the defensive skills, he has the strength and ability to hold onto the ball in incredibly tight areas under pressure, he is naturally left footed which would give us even greater balance, his left foot is a wand and he is capable of playing brilliant through balls, one and two touch, has incredible vision and a fantastic left to right switch and is great from set pieces and shots from distance, with how we play and that channel between oppositions RCB and RB being almost always open and considering his killer through balls, trickery and ability to score from distance I feel he would be another perfect fit.

The Havertz link is brilliant too, but very expensive, I watched him a lot last season as I was keeping an eye on Brandt, not so much this season, so I did have a look at some highlight reels and he seems to be playing in the No10 position or at least occupying it as their play develops a lot more and I understand now where the potential 'next Bobby' comparisons have come from, but I don't see that one happening, we need the additional top class forward Werner and with Lallana and Shaq almost certainly set to leave in the summer and Millie being 35 at the turn of the year and Hendo pushing 31 and Gini pushing 30 I think that additional top class forward and Soumare and possibly Fabian Ruiz to and a LB are where we need to strengthen most, I think in the forward position and midfield it's vital we get those players in and strengthen that area for the immediate and long term future this summer

At CB I think Lovren will be allowed to see out his contract and Jurgen will see how our young CBs progress and develop next season, I'm a big fan of Konate and saw a lot of him last season when I was keeping tabs on Werner as we were linked, funny watching games to have a look at a linked player and then seeing a Havertz and a Konate, he's an exceptional player an only young, another where you look at him and you can very easily picture him playing in our team as we play and fitting in perfectly with immediate effect

Edit: And another VITAL piece of business is getting Gini to sign a new contract ;)

CCTV
7th February 2020, 06:33 PM
How good could Mbappe be when teams sit in against us?? hes world class when hes got the space to run into. But he wont be given that space in most games.
We seem to sign players like Minamino who can run into little spaces between the oppositions midfield and backline. Time will tell if he produces enough. I have good hopes for in the long run.

Imo Mbappe would be much better than Werner when teams sit in against us.
Hes got better talent in tight spaces.

To me Werner is like signing Kuyt - Timo to score more hopefully.
Whereas Mbappe would be like signing Suarez. Mbappe to develop further in the environment.

Ones valued at 200mill the other 75mill on transfermarkt for a reason.

RedNoodle
7th February 2020, 07:33 PM
Can those who have seen the likes of Mbappe, Havertz, Werner etc play, please outline what attributes they have (or not) that would/wouldn't make them suitable for us/Klopp?

LEGS
7th February 2020, 08:51 PM
Imo Mbappe would be much better than Werner when teams sit in against us.
Hes got better talent in tight spaces.

To me Werner is like signing Kuyt - Timo to score more hopefully.
Whereas Mbappe would be like signing Suarez. Mbappe to develop further in the environment.

Ones valued at 200mill the other 75mill on transfermarkt for a reason.

You are right Mbappe is a better individual player but as a team player I don’t think he is you can see how he reacts to being subbed/rested Klopp will not stand for that.

He might be better in tight spaces but imo good players always find space that’s why it is so hard to stop our 3 and the likes of Aguero from scoringas an example.

Werner value is only £50m due to his release clause in real terms he would go for £80-100m in this market.

I know you are a huge fan of Mbappe and he is a great player but I just cannot see us paying the fee of over £200m and his wages which will be around £20m per year it just isn’t going to happen as it totally rocks the boat with the other players.

Nineteenx
7th February 2020, 09:19 PM
Can those who have seen the likes of Mbappe, Havertz, Werner etc play, please outline what attributes they have (or not) that would/wouldn't make them suitable for us/Klopp?

Mbappe has great pace, power, trickery and the genuine ability to go either way and finish with either foot and is devastating one v one and sometimes 2 v 1, he misses quite a few he really should bury, he benefits from playing in the most expensively assembled squad by a mile in his league and the quality of his team being vastly superior to all the others, he benefits from getting a lot more time and space to make his decisions and pick his spot than he would in the Premier League and playing against defenders who aren't at the level of most Premier League defenders, never mind the very best ones and he doesn't do all the hard running, closing down and team pressing all of our forwards do. Would need work and to adapt to a faster paced league and much better defenders but could play in our LFWD or RFWD positon, they are the positions he mostly adopts in games

Werner plays in a side that is in the position Liverpool were in relation to City 3 seasons ago, although his side has Bayern AND Dortmund ahead of them in spending power and squad quality and depth, he has absolutely electric pace and great strength, can finish with either foot and is a lot more clinical in his finishing then MBappe, he can play right across the line as Rush used to for us and often plays right across the line for RB, he doesn't do all the fancy tricks of MBappe, he reminds me more of Mane, incredible pace off the mark and strength, shapes one way, goes the other, past the defender or through the channel and just leaves defenders for dead with absolutely blistering pace with the ball under very close control. Reads plays really well, gets a few from late runs through the channels into the box and plays some great balls through the channel between the two Cbs that would be perfect for Mane or Salah when he finds himself in the No9 position. Works really hard closing down and team pressing, a notable change from last season when for me he didn't do enough of it. Everything he does and how he does it looks like you're watching one of our forwards, looks like he would seamlessly slot in at LFWD or RFWD or in a more advanced version of Bobby's role

Harvetz I saw a lot of last season as I was watching a lot of their games and RB's games because of the Brandt and Werner links, last season he played mostly at RCM in a 433, a feature of their play from their LCm and RCM is that they would receive the ball, make a pass across field and then move from there quickly into a No10 position to continue making the play or be in a position to make a run into the box or be found around the edge of it if play developed differently. Made the plays really well, got plenty of goals and assists from that No10 position and a more attacking No8 position as we understand it. Has great reading and understanding of the game, vision, movement and finishing. Although I admitedly haven't seen as much of him this season, I've looked at some show reels and he seems to be occupying that No10 position a lot more and is using greater levels of trickery and skill to create or score which although not at the insane level of quality and variety Bobby does them, you can see why the 'next Bobby' comparisons are being drawn and the potential is definitely there for that to happen. I'd class him as an attacking No8 or a No9 in the Bobby role, not sure he's a priority given we're quite well stocked there, whereas at LFWD and RFWD we're going to be missing Mane and Mo for 8 games during a crucial period next season

I've covered the 2 mids Soumare and Fabian Ruiz quite extensively already and won't again is this is more a forwards debate

dicko1969
7th February 2020, 09:44 PM

Disagree
Mbappé is a humble very mature guy.
The problem is PSG; it is toxic and it is too easy league.

Mbappé needs a bigger challenge and proper manager.

Balinkay
7th February 2020, 09:47 PM
Disagree

Oh yeah, looked humble as fuck the other day with Tuchel. :D

CCTV
7th February 2020, 09:50 PM
You are right Mbappe is a better individual player but as a team player I don’t think he is you can see how he reacts to being subbed/rested Klopp will not stand for that.

He might be better in tight spaces but imo good players always find space that’s why it is so hard to stop our 3 and the likes of Aguero from scoringas an example.

Werner value is only £50m due to his release clause in real terms he would go for £80-100m in this market.

I know you are a huge fan of Mbappe and he is a great player but I just cannot see us paying the fee of over £200m and his wages which will be around £20m per year it just isn’t going to happen as it totally rocks the boat with the other players.

He's been part of two very succesful teams in Monaco & France. He's a great egg by many accounts. Fabinho approves the concept of landing Mbappe so theres his opinion on his adaptability to life at lfc.
In general it looks bad reacting the way he did, we've seen it with Ox and a bloodthirsty Mane this season. More talented than Couts and Sterling who had bigger strops here by a way imo looking for a move.
But I wouldnt underplay Tommy Tuchels role in the controversy. He'd a similar incident a month earlier with Tuchels and this latest one played out poorly for him/Tommy imo.
Mbappe wants away, I can't blame him tbh.

That's exactly what I'm on about and believe he is way ahead of Werner on this count imo.

On transfermarkt- Mbappe is valued at €200million and Werner at €75million. Their value isnt based on release/clause or duration of contract left. Age is a factor on market value but neither are struggling with age.

That's fair enough, I disagree obviously. Same way I dont believe landing Virgil 2 years ago now, has rocked the boat in anyway. Our 2 fullbacks and front 3 wages are enough proof of that reality imo. With Mbappe I get the reply of hes not a vital addition.
But for me that's irrelevant, the worlds best centreforward and soon to be dominant global star for the coming decade by most metrics is potentially available now. If so we move and seal the deal. People look at the Virgil fee or the Alisson fee fondly now and I think people would do similar with Mbappe.
It also comes down to where you want or think the club is headed. Do you want it to stay with the niche New Balance or move on with Nike.
Do you want it to be the biggest revenue generating Club in the pl and thereafter world football. Or do you want it to be more of an underdog worrying about the financial power of other bigger clubs.
Deloitte - a good bit to play for yet this season, suspect us, city or both of us could overtake united this season in terms of revenue generated.
If United don't make the top4 this season, the next season when our Nike deal is on the books I suspect we'll be the biggest revenue generating club in the UK. Cl ko stages play a big part.
Thereafter - we'd be looking at a post-messi barca and a real madrid in transition and aiming for top revenue generating club in world football. In terms of commercial appeal Mbappe represents a unique selling point.

I dont think we'll break 200 million for him, which is a concern as real would do by a lot more than us.
We have our target go, Lfc or no one as with Vvd. We deal with the club and settle a fee.

Mbappe leads Werner on talent, goals and assists, experience at the top level and in terms of Klopp and what he can add to a player theres far more appeal in signing Mbappe than Werner imo.

Werner is cheaper and so cant be sniffed at. But hes not as good, less room for Klopp to improve him imo and ultimately doesnt have the commercial appeal to develop the club financially off the pitch. Saying that hed be a great enough addition.

Nineteenx
7th February 2020, 09:53 PM
Disagree

I don't rate him as world class because the league he plays in isn't as competitive as the top leagues and he plays in a team that has a massive advantage over all the others, I do rate him as an exceptional talent who has the wow factor and the capability to score incredibly special goals out of nowhere and agree he needs to move to a top top league, the Premier League, under a top top manager Jurgen Klopp, if he is to become truly world class and put himself in the Ronaldo (Brazil) Messi or Ronaldo bracket of forwards

Nineteenx
7th February 2020, 09:57 PM
Werner is cheaper and so cant be sniffed at. But hes not as good, less room for Klopp to improve him imo and ultimately doesnt have the commercial appeal to develop the club financially off the pitch. Saying that hed be a great enough addition.

But are you overlooking Jurgen wanting to get the very best young German lads in and used to his system for when he goes on to become the German manager in 2025? ;)

Nineteenx
7th February 2020, 10:03 PM
He's been part of two very succesful teams in Monaco & France. He's a great egg by many accounts. Fabinho approves the concept of landing Mbappe so theres his opinion on his adaptability to life at lfc.
In general it looks bad reacting the way he did, we've seen it with Ox and a bloodthirsty Mane this season. More talented than Couts and Sterling who had bigger strops here by a way imo looking for a move.
But I wouldnt underplay Tommy Tuchels role in the controversy. He'd a similar incident a month earlier with Tuchels and this latest one played out poorly for him/Tommy imo.
Mbappe wants away, I can't blame him tbh.

That's exactly what I'm on about and believe he is way ahead of Werner on this count imo.

On transfermarkt- Mbappe is valued at €200million and Werner at €75million. Their value isnt based on release/clause or duration of contract left. Age is a factor on market value but neither are struggling with age.

That's fair enough, I disagree obviously. Same way I dont believe landing Virgil 2 years ago now, has rocked the boat in anyway. Our 2 fullbacks and front 3 wages are enough proof of that reality imo. With Mbappe I get the reply of hes not a vital addition.
But for me that's irrelevant, the worlds best centreforward and soon to be dominant global star for the coming decade by most metrics is potentially available now. If so we move and seal the deal. People look at the Virgil fee or the Alisson fee fondly now and I think people would do similar with Mbappe.
It also comes down to where you want or think the club is headed. Do you want it to stay with the niche New Balance or move on with Nike.
Do you want it to be the biggest revenue generating Club in the pl and thereafter world football. Or do you want it to be more of an underdog worrying about the financial power of other bigger clubs.
Deloitte - a good bit to play for yet this season, suspect us, city or both of us could overtake united this season in terms of revenue generated.
If United don't make the top4 this season, the next season when our Nike deal is on the books I suspect we'll be the biggest revenue generating club in the UK. Cl ko stages play a big part.
Thereafter - we'd be looking at a post-messi barca and a real madrid in transition and aiming for top revenue generating club in world football. In terms of commercial appeal Mbappe represents a unique selling point.

I dont think we'll break 200 million for him, which is a concern as real would do by a lot more than us.
We have our target go, Lfc or no one as with Vvd. We deal with the club and settle a fee.

Mbappe leads Werner on talent, goals and assists, experience at the top level and in terms of Klopp and what he can add to a player theres far more appeal in signing Mbappe than Werner imo.

In terms of global revenue, ruling the roost globally on and off the pitch and making LFC THE team long term every player dreams of going to in place for Barcelona and Real, MBappe is the one we need

LEGS
7th February 2020, 11:25 PM
CCTV I get what you are saying my opinion is we just don’t have the money to fund him and Klopp did say this not at current value.

I know you say Transfermarkt value Werner at £75m euros but it isn’t them who decide the fee it is his club and they would ask for more I also think Mbappe is likely to go for between £220-250m.

VVD also didn’t walk into us on the biggest wages he has had to earn the right for that.

I’d have no problem if Mbappe joined and was on the highest wage of say £200k a week but at £400k it will mean players like Mane, Firmino, Salah,VVD and Alisson would want huge increases.

Real Madrid are dodgy as hell anyway they get into debt and get the country to bail them out we wouldn’t have that luxury if it went wrong and Henry/Werner certainly wouldn’t risk that.

I do agree Mbappe is the best young player out there and will baring injury win the ballon d’or.

Nineteenx
7th February 2020, 11:44 PM
It'll only happen if there's some kind of Nike involvement, no way we'll pay that fee or those wages Nike really won't want him wearing Adidas at Real though

CCTV
8th February 2020, 12:23 AM
In terms of global revenue, ruling the roost globally on and off the pitch and making LFC THE team long term every player dreams of going to in place for Barcelona and Real, MBappe is the one we need

Trent and Kylian both just turned 21 would set us up nicely alright :D

CCTV
8th February 2020, 01:02 AM
CCTV I get what you are saying my opinion is we just don’t have the money to fund him and Klopp did say this not at current value.

I know you say Transfermarkt value Werner at £75m euros but it isn’t them who decide the fee it is his club and they would ask for more I also think Mbappe is likely to go for between £220-250m.

VVD also didn’t walk into us on the biggest wages he has had to earn the right for that.

I’d have no problem if Mbappe joined and was on the highest wage of say £200k a week but at £400k it will mean players like Mane, Firmino, Salah,VVD and Alisson would want huge increases.

Real Madrid are dodgy as hell anyway they get into debt and get the country to bail them out we wouldn’t have that luxury if it went wrong and Henry/Werner certainly wouldn’t risk that.

I do agree Mbappe is the best young player out there and will baring injury win the ballon d’or.

I think £160-180max would be a fair offer for a player of his quality whose heart is set on only red with 2 years remaining on his contract. Anything extra maybe add ons and some we'd not mind paying out on.

Pretty sure our contracts are incentivised too, player metrics, team metrics & titles. So in theory it could be a £200-250kpw wage....

If this great team added Mbappe things will look after themselves:)

dicko1969
8th February 2020, 07:26 AM
Werner and Sanho = Mbappe

Balinkay
8th February 2020, 08:53 AM
Also

Salah + Firmino + Mane + VVD + Wijnaldum = Mbappe

There's absolutely no way we're spunking that kind of cash on a player we essentially don't need and whose value is never going to be higher than it is today. Something similar likely applies to Sancho.

Steveo
8th February 2020, 10:29 AM
Massively overpriced player. Super fast and powerful he also seems level headed but he has a long way to go yet to be worth even close to what it would take.

Possibly makes sense to the shysters at NIKE but IMO the signing would make no footballing sense at all. Huge fees and gigantic salary - potentially upsetting the team dynamic and for what? A player who is yet to prove he is the equal of a certain Mo Salah?

Don’t get me wrong - I would love him here if he could be brought in in a similar way that Mo was BUT the fee and media buz around any such deal would be hugely detrimental IMO

LEGS
8th February 2020, 10:47 AM
PSG paid around £160m for him so they will ask for more hopefully they get screwed over as they with Neymar ruined the market.

Mbappe is on £350k a week he isnt going to take £200-250k a week not many players offer a pay cut !

Bale is on over £500k a week god knows how/why so IF Madrid shift him then the wages are in place for Mbappe.

He would score bucket loads for us but I like a few others dont see it due to finances not quality of the player.

Steveo
8th February 2020, 11:28 AM
Agreed - his quality is extremely high but let’s be honest here C Ronaldo was on another level at 19 in foreign land and in a much tougher league - so good though Mbappe is in the current climate of transfer fees he will be over priced

CCTV
3rd June 2021, 08:21 PM
It's that time of year...

CCTV
3rd June 2021, 08:31 PM
Seen Mbop for the Kop recently saying he wanted to be part of a project and apparently not too happy with PSGs season, only winning a domestic cup.

ZZ has just left Real, perhaps waiting on the France job - hes got a cracking record in ko football at the elite, champions level and France are quite well stacked. Would be a good time to take the helm for him. Perhaps ZZ takes the PSG job.

Of course theres a bit of a managerial merry go round at the minute. So who ends up where is a hit of a mystery.

Mbop is entering his final year and all kinds of rumours abound. Hes signed for Madrid now they've lost ZZ, hmmm
He will sign an extension with a buyout clause for next summer. Which would seem odd adding on a big enough fee to get him out of PSG, when he could just insure himself in case of a career ending injury.

What other projects are on the go at the minute?

Roman's romantic Chelsea?
Mansours romantic City ?
Real Madrid with Carlo ?

Be interesting to see who city buy to replace Aguerro.
Lots of speculation it will be Kane, could be Halaand, could it be Mbappe?

Speculation suggests chelsea will move for lukaku.

Lfc linked with Patson Daka, who one might expect to be a cheaper wage option than Mbop. Or could it be an Edwards negotiation strategy.

Think Mbappe is at the point where he needs to get out of the french league and challenge himself in the pl or la liga.
I wouldn't be signing an extension with PSG of I were him, of course if I were actually him I'd be on my way to Blackpool for the summer holiers and learning how to live on a paltry 250kpw.

jozza800
3rd June 2021, 08:33 PM
The numbers involved to get him onboard would be astrinomical. Absolutely no chance.

Steveo
3rd June 2021, 09:47 PM
Why can’t we do it though?

Are we just not in that bracket?

Crimson Dynasty
3rd June 2021, 10:03 PM
Why can’t we do it though?

Are we just not in that bracket?

No.
We're not.

We're not the sort of club that pays 300k wages (which is almost certainly what he would want), or the kinds that splonks the type of money that PSG will (rightly) demand for him - regardless of how over-priced you may deem it to be.

And before anyone points out Virgil or Allisson, let's not forget that we sort of shot ourselves in the foot with the Virgil deal when we could have had him for almost as much as 20 million less than we eventually paid for him had we not got caught up in that whole "tapping up" scandal that allowed the Saints to jack up his buying fee.

And in Allisson's case, in retrospect I think we can all agree we actually ended up getting a bargain deal, given the market for competent goalies and ESPECIALLY given what Chelsea got in that same transfer window when they made Kepa the world's most expensive goalkeeper.

And even then, we're still not the kind of club to pay 150 million or 200...250 million on a single player.

Steveo
3rd June 2021, 10:14 PM
Well maybe if he really wants to play for us - he can live on a measly £200,000 a week.

Should be enough for him to muddle on with. But I realise he can earn far more.

Insidious
4th June 2021, 12:38 AM
Acquiring Mbappe would ruin our wage structure.

If he is on X amount with us having done sweet FA for Liverpool so far, versus players that have ran through walls for Klopp who need contract extensions, they'd have every right to ask for more than we are willing to give them.

So the "answer" to that is to tie them down to contracts and THEN sign Mbappe, which they would see right through and there's every chance they stop running through those brick walls.

Mbappe would be a dream, but it's almost certainly absolute fantasy land stuff.

Even when we buy "ready-made" players they're (already) rarely superstars and tend to go up a level on our watch, for Barca/Real Madrid to then come sniffing round. Thanks to improvements in recent years (particularly with transfers) we have now gone up a gear in the sense that we don't end up forced to sell our stars in terms that don't suit us. But it's hard to picture us reaching a level of buying Galactico-esque talent - one injury and the whole eggs/basket analogy comes to pass.

Insidious
4th June 2021, 12:58 AM
Would also add that, as important as goals are, assists are a huge attacking factor as well.

For 20/21 Kylian Mbappe has a total of -

- 7 asssists
- 14 key passes (these are passes leading to a shot on goal) and he created a total of 21 chances.

Jadon Sancho has a total of -

- 11 assists
- 26 key passes and he created a total of 37 chances.

Pass completion rate is important too, particularly the pass completion rate into the opponent's box as that's where goals happen.

Kylian Mbappe has a pass completion rate of 79.53 % and a rate of 44.44% for passes into the box.

Jadon Sancho has a pass completion rate of 80.81% and a rate of 66.67 % for passes into the box.

Mbappe gets more goals. He is the "better" player in this sense. Let's say he costs £210m to acquire and Sancho costs £70m to acquire. The question you have to ask yourself in that hypothetical is this - is Mbappe worth THREE TIMES as much as Sancho to us? Bear in mind we are only bearing in transfer fees here - wages could increase this disparity as well if Mbappe would command a higher wage than Sancho, which he likely would.

Also worth noting that Sancho (gets less goals admittedly) is producing in the more difficult League - indeed he has 30 goal involvements (or more) for 3 seasons running now - plus is English which would help with the Homegrown rules and would add "England tax" value should we ever decide to sell further down the line. Would also help to be a beacon to young English players that they could go far with us - if he worked out.

Another point people will raise to pick a hole in Sancho's assists (which is fair enough) is that he is passing to Haaland - and giving the ball to Haaland is like getting "free" goals. But he is getting the ball there and thus is doing what's required.

I'm rambling a bit now - point I was trying to raise (as I appreciate value / making the most of things / getting every drop of juice from the Lemon) is whether or not Mbappe is worth approximately 3 Sanchos, plus the higher wages and the risks associated. He is certainly worth more than Sancho, but 3 times?

Being worth more than DOUBLE our front three (again, we buy players and they develop here, we don't traditionally go "top shelf") seems mad to me - as utterly fantastic as it would be to have him here.

CCTV
4th June 2021, 01:18 AM
No.
We're not.

We're not the sort of club that pays 300k wages (which is almost certainly what he would want), or the kinds that splonks the type of money that PSG will (rightly) demand for him - regardless of how over-priced you may deem it to be.

And before anyone points out Virgil or Allisson, let's not forget that we sort of shot ourselves in the foot with the Virgil deal when we could have had him for almost as much as 20 million less than we eventually paid for him had we not got caught up in that whole "tapping up" scandal that allowed the Saints to jack up his buying fee.

And in Allisson's case, in retrospect I think we can all agree we actually ended up getting a bargain deal, given the market for competent goalies and ESPECIALLY given what Chelsea got in that same transfer window when they made Kepa the world's most expensive goalkeeper.

And even then, we're still not the kind of club to pay 150 million or 200...250 million on a single player.

Hes in the last year of his contract. Should he move next year as far as I'm aware there would be no compensation owed to PSG as they are in a different league. Assuming he moves to la liga or the pl.

If I'm right on those matters, open to correction, then it's simply a case for PSG of diminishing returns.
Shift this summer for 90mill or lose next year for nothing.
It's a significant cost even for them for one more years football, when it might well be the case he is already gone mentally from psg.
It would benefit them in their ffp, as they could write off his moving on a free transfer against ffp guidelines. But perhaps for is of little concern anymore for such clubs, who can just pay the fines and appeal to CAS.

Imo it's a case of possibly paying 40 mill more than we might otherwise have to with someone like Daka.
Who seems a good option himself albeit not proven at the upper levels of football.

Wages wouldn't be a major issue imo as he will be Nike's next superstar athlete in a post Ronny era. Which is practically now.
Hed be a nike player at a nike club in the highest broadcasting league in the world.

We have Klopp, a decent side and the bones of a team for 2-3 years time here already.

His wages would be the highest at the club, but our lads would likely be pretty ok with that fact. Seeing as he has the ability to fit in and the star power that generates revenue like messi and ronny.

It might not happen if course, but theres certainly no certainty in claiming its beyond us, as I see it.

CCTV
4th June 2021, 01:26 AM
Acquiring Mbappe would ruin our wage structure.

If he is on X amount with us having done sweet FA for Liverpool so far, versus players that have ran through walls for Klopp who need contract extensions, they'd have every right to ask for more than we are willing to give them.

So the "answer" to that is to tie them down to contracts and THEN sign Mbappe, which they would see right through and there's every chance they stop running through those brick walls.

Mbappe would be a dream, but it's almost certainly absolute fantasy land stuff.

Even when we buy "ready-made" players they're (already) rarely superstars and tend to go up a level on our watch, for Barca/Real Madrid to then come sniffing round. Thanks to improvements in recent years (particularly with transfers) we have now gone up a gear in the sense that we don't end up forced to sell our stars in terms that don't suit us. But it's hard to picture us reaching a level of buying Galactico-esque talent - one injury and the whole eggs/basket analogy comes to pass.

VVD as a centre back earns by far the highest wages at the club relatively.
There isnt a single player at LFC of note, who hasn't been utterly delighted by us acquiring virgil. Virgil landed on a whopper wage packet having done nothing for us.

Players want to win titles. If we can land mbappe the wage crisis structure scenario proposed is a mythical one imo.
These lads understand the game.

CCTV
4th June 2021, 01:41 AM
Would also add that, as important as goals are, assists are a huge attacking factor as well.

For 20/21 Kylian Mbappe has a total of -

- 7 asssists
- 14 key passes (these are passes leading to a shot on goal) and he created a total of 21 chances.

Jadon Sancho has a total of -

- 11 assists
- 26 key passes and he created a total of 37 chances.

Pass completion rate is important too, particularly the pass completion rate into the opponent's box as that's where goals happen.

Kylian Mbappe has a pass completion rate of 79.53 % and a rate of 44.44% for passes into the box.

Jadon Sancho has a pass completion rate of 80.81% and a rate of 66.67 % for passes into the box.

Mbappe gets more goals. He is the "better" player in this sense. Let's say he costs £210m to acquire and Sancho costs £70m to acquire. The question you have to ask yourself in that hypothetical is this - is Mbappe worth THREE TIMES as much as Sancho to us? Bear in mind we are only bearing in transfer fees here - wages could increase this disparity as well if Mbappe would command a higher wage than Sancho, which he likely would.

Also worth noting that Sancho (gets less goals admittedly) is producing in the more difficult League - indeed he has 30 goal involvements (or more) for 3 seasons running now - plus is English which would help with the Homegrown rules and would add "England tax" value should we ever decide to sell further down the line. Would also help to be a beacon to young English players that they could go far with us - if he worked out.

Another point people will raise to pick a hole in Sancho's assists (which is fair enough) is that he is passing to Haaland - and giving the ball to Haaland is like getting "free" goals. But he is getting the ball there and thus is doing what's required.

I'm rambling a bit now - point I was trying to raise (as I appreciate value / making the most of things / getting every drop of juice from the Lemon) is whether or not Mbappe is worth approximately 3 Sanchos, plus the higher wages and the risks associated. He is certainly worth more than Sancho, but 3 times?

Being worth more than DOUBLE our front three (again, we buy players and they develop here, we don't traditionally go "top shelf") seems mad to me - as utterly fantastic as it would be to have him here.

This was brought up with Halaand before where people were going on about him being the cheaper option.
As it turns out that was someway off and even inverted.

I dont know where you get these figures from sid. £210 for a player in his final year :D

Sancho is a disruptive lad by accounts and Jurgen puts a lot of value on the 'character' of incoming signings.
I'd wager hes not going to be settling for the wages you seem to think he will be settling for.

20/21
Mbappe 42 goals & 11 assists
Sancho 16 goals & 20 assists

Looking at only league and Cl (the bigger comps)
Mbappe 35 goals & 10 assists
Sancho 10 goals & 15 assists

For me we need an out and out finisher to bolster the side more than a chance creater.
That's where the rumour mill has been suggesting we're looking at.

justme
4th June 2021, 02:11 AM
He was diving all over the place against Wales. let him go to Madrid where their experts at cheating

eggy81
4th June 2021, 02:13 AM
Don’t think mbappe is good enough to oust salah or mane to be honest. Interesting to see do we try sign someone to challenge either. Suppose jota can play left and centre. Salah is bombproof for 1 more year I think. Bobby proved he still has it in him toward end but needs a good season next season. Mane will come back to form I think. Son would be the player I’d look to get in.

CCTV
4th June 2021, 02:38 AM
Don’t think mbappe is good enough to oust salah or mane to be honest. Interesting to see do we try sign someone to challenge either. Suppose jota can play left and centre. Salah is bombproof for 1 more year I think. Bobby proved he still has it in him toward end but needs a good season next season. Mane will come back to form I think. Son would be the player I’d look to get in.

We want more options, want to be competing better in the domestic cups as well as being stronger in the big 2.

If rumours are to be believed we're looking at some option for the attack.

Salah, Mane, Bobby, Jota, Elliot, Mbop/Daka

Think elliot will be given his chances here after a good loan spell, whilst we look for a proper 9 who can play wide forward too if needed.

eggy81
4th June 2021, 02:53 AM
We want more options, want to be competing better in the domestic cups as well as being stronger in the big 2.

If rumours are to be believed we're looking at some option for the attack.

Salah, Mane, Bobby, Jota, Elliot, Mbop/Daka

Think elliot will be given his chances here after a good loan spell, whilst we look for a proper 9 who can play wide forward too if needed.

Given klopps penchant for casting the domestic cups aside I don’t think he is overly bothered with them. He has stressed his preference for a smallish squad of valued players who give him total dedication before. I know as fans we’d all love a double or treble comprising of the big 2 and a domestic cup but I don’t think we are doing that under klopp and the current owners. We need to have a team with 7 or 8 reserves that can absolutely challenge for the league every season with quality youngsters bilking the squad up. Don’t get me wrong. I’d absolutely love to sign mbappe too. I struggle to see the fit though. Maybe klopp could work his magic with him on the team player side of things.

CCTV
4th June 2021, 04:13 AM
https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/0268-12157d69ce2d-9f011c70f6fa-1000--new-champions-league-format-explained/

The new champions league format, 4 extra games to qualify out of the groupstages (not really a groupstages but a league)

Playing 10 different sides, half of them away half at home. So bigger teams will play each other more, earlier on.

So LFC could play any 10 clubs of the 36 clubs in the cl to qualify. Doesnt seem to be seeded at that stage. Open to correction.

Top 8 teams to automatically qualify for the round of 16.

Those ranked 9th to 16th will have home advantage in the second leg, playing sides ranked 17th to 24th to qualify for the last 16.

Another 4 or 6 games in the calendar with the new format, and international football wanting more games in the calendar also.

Clubs are going to need bigger squads.

Its inevitable that Klopp will need to get used to managing a bigger and better squad.

May as well start now and hope we have a good position when this kicks off in 2024.

3 seasons to build up a squad to be able to manage that workload.
May as well take the domestic cups more serious in the meantime. Good preparations.

CCTV
4th June 2021, 04:17 AM
I'd love mbappe to join, proven goalscorer and would benefit the clubs commercial side/finance.

Think we need someone to do what div might have done, whether its mbop, daka or whoever, think we could do with a finisher.
Elliot did well I the championship (not that I watched it) so hope he gets a chance to be part of the squad here next season.

Crimson Dynasty
4th June 2021, 04:40 AM
Hes in the last year of his contract. Should he move next year as far as I'm aware there would be no compensation owed to PSG as they are in a different league. Assuming he moves to la liga or the pl.

If I'm right on those matters, open to correction, then it's simply a case for PSG of diminishing returns.
Shift this summer for 90mill or lose next year for nothing.
It's a significant cost even for them for one more years football, when it might well be the case he is already gone mentally from psg.
It would benefit them in their ffp, as they could write off his moving on a free transfer against ffp guidelines. But perhaps for is of little concern anymore for such clubs, who can just pay the fines and appeal to CAS.

All of this assumes two things:
That he actually wants to move and leave PSG (and Ligue 1).
And that he's told PSG he has no intention of signing an extension.

Assumptions based on exactly NOTHING.
Nobody knows anything about where his head is regarding his future, and all the talk (read :delusional fantasy) that he wants to come to us are nothing more than (LFC) fan-based wishful thinking on the basis of some anodyne comment he once made about our club - which is about on the same level as any garden variety complimentary comment that any one of a million players before him have said about the club.

I also love how you came up with that 90 million figure like its where PSG would absolutely land on where they would not risk losing him for nothing.
They could decide tomorrow that they're fine not letting him go for anything less than 150 million this summer if anyone expresses interest, and if they don't get that much, then they're fine losing him for nothing.
They're a rich enough club to be able to take such a stance.

Wages wouldn't be a major issue imo as he will be Nike's next superstar athlete in a post Ronny era. Which is practically now.
Hed be a nike player at a nike club in the highest broadcasting league in the world.

We have Klopp, a decent side and the bones of a team for 2-3 years time here already.

His wages would be the highest at the club, but our lads would likely be pretty ok with that fact. Seeing as he has the ability to fit in and the star power that generates revenue like messi and ronny.

It might not happen if course, but theres certainly no certainty in claiming its beyond us, as I see it.

You do realize that Nike doesn't actually pay the players wages, regardless of how big that outfit deal is, right?
That's not now these endorsement deals work at all.

The deal is with the club, and it's the club that pays players' wages based on their own revenue stream versus overhead/expenses books.

At best, the Nike deal means we can afford bigger wages for bigger name star players, but it doesn't mean a sliding scale for opening the tap to pay an outrageous wage that's out of our structure and completely messes our balance books.
Again, Nike doesn't pay the players. They likely have a separate deal with him for endorsing him which would follow him to whichever club he goes to and likewise doesn't count as part of his wages, while still being a part of his overall income. It's the same for any player with an endorsement deal with Nike or anyone else.
Nike wouldn't be an extra incentive for anyone to come here anymore than it would be an extra help to us to be able to afford them.

You know where the Nike deal actually helps the club? It's in things like paying of any debt associated with expanding Anfield, for example. Or overseas pre-season trips (during times when those things are possible).

Sure, you could play around with the books and numbers to help fund high player wages thanks to money coming in from such endorsement deals. But .........that's literally EXACTLY what the blue Mancs got in trouble with UEFA for that got them banned (before it was rescinded by CAS). Not to mention the tax trouble with the govt. you risk getting yourself into by cooking books like that and playing funny maths with numbers like that.

There's a good reason you have a wage structure as a club and stick to it as much as possible - especially when you're not an oil-baron or Emirati-funded club.