PDA

View Full Version : Alisson

Pages : [1] 2

Crimson Dynasty
8th July 2019, 04:52 AM
Congrats are in order for winning the Copa (alongside Firmino), obviously,.....
A bit of perspective and context on what he's been able to achieve this season as he's actually had one of the most successful single seasons of a net-minder in living history:
Check out the silver.....

Alisson’s 2018/19 season:

- Copa America champion

- Copa America Golden Glove

- Champions League winner

- Champions League Golden Glove

- Premier League Golden Glove

Additionally , for club and country this 2018/2019 season....

62 games
• 36 clean sheets
• 36 goals conceded
• 2 trophies
And the only goal he conceded at the Copa didn't come until the final and was from a penalty. Meaning he never conceded any goals from open play at all.

As many clean sheet kept as goals conceded.
Fucking insane.
And with those stats he legitimately put himself in the conversation for the Balon d'Or as a potential winner and goalkeeper-winner first - where he'd go against teammate and other legit contender in Virgil Van Dijk.

And both Liverpool players.
It doesn't get that much better than this, lads.
One more* piece of silverware missing from his collection and he best pick it up next season.

Oh, and he also just done did went and had a son, Matteo, with his wife as well amidst all that.
Busy fella.

(*well actually, two.
World Cup too,...... I guess)

https://i.imgur.com/KT9SxTf.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/vOd5jfe.jpg

Insidious
8th July 2019, 08:27 AM
Long may he reign.

southernboy
8th July 2019, 10:30 AM
It's been quite a couple of months for the best goalkeeper in the world. Can't, wait to see him back between the sticks for us.

CCTV
8th July 2019, 02:24 PM
Should have saved some money and bought butland on the cheap :D

Nineteenx
8th July 2019, 05:53 PM
Love the guy, so unflappable, such great anticipation, positioning and reflexes, I think he's underrated outside our fanbase because of all that as he makes things other keepers have to make sprawling saves for look easy. Our defending in combination with their confidence in Allisson and his in them really helps to, it's an aspect of our game I really love as it's something I moaned about in defending for a loooong time. Our defenders know how good he is, so instead of going to ground, diving in, or selling themselves cheaply, they stand up, force attackers away from goal and make brilliant angles for Allisson. I used to loathe defenders diving in, because if you've got a top keeper in your goal, rather than diving in getting done and leaving the attacker the whole goal to aim at, just stand up and make a really good angle for your keeper and give the attacker a lot less of the goal to aim at. Football's not rocket science

Crimson Dynasty
10th July 2019, 12:14 AM
Well this reader poll seems to make it official....

http://www.sportbible.com/football/news-liverpool-star-alisson-has-been-named-the-best-goalkeeper-in-the-world-20190709

And a b it of an amendment to my original post.

I had said that if he wins the Balon d'Or he would be the first keeper and non-outfield player to do so.
That's actually not correct as another Goalkeeper (Russian Lev Yashin) won it in 1963 as the only goalkeeper to do so.

Also worth noting that his clean sheets kept number for us in his debut season is a premier league record for a keeper in his first season in the league eclipsing the record held by a previous Liverpool Keeper (Reina) in his debut season for us.

skyebo
10th July 2019, 12:11 PM
And to think, just 18 months ago it was a fight between Mignolet and Karius for the jersey.

Steveo
10th July 2019, 12:18 PM
And to think, just 18 months ago it was a fight between Mignolet and Karius for the jersey.

Indeed - although the word 'fight' in conjunction with the names Karius and Mignolet seems a little aggressive to me.. :D

skyebo
10th July 2019, 12:26 PM
Indeed - although the word 'fight' in conjunction with the names Karius and Mignolet seems a little aggressive to me.. :D

lol

jozza800
10th July 2019, 03:54 PM

To be fair how good would the Mig look with VDV and Robertson playing in front of him?

Would Costello look as good playing behind Lovren and Moreno?

Crimson Dynasty
10th July 2019, 05:41 PM
To be fair how good would the Mig look with VDV and Robertson playing in front of him?

Would Costello look as good playing behind Lovren and Moreno?

How do you think we got dumped out of the domestic cup competitions last season?
Mig played in those, and most of the time it was with VvD (and Lovren) and occasionally with Robertson (though Klopp fairly often opted to play Moreno and Clyne (when he was fit) instead).

He looked no better than Karius did last year with VvD along with Robertson in the second half of the season.

Even good defenders draw as much confidence from the keeper playing behind them as a good keeper would playing behind sold defenders and the Mig has never been one to inspire confidence and stability in the defense even when playing with a solid back four. A good goalkeeper elevates the defense as much as, if not more than they elevate his own game and prior to last season (when he lost the spot to Karius), Mig was part of a defense that shipped 50+ goals to opposing teams in consecutive seasons (granted with a defense that had the likes of Lovren, Matip and Moreno - but then again look at how much Matip's game has improved playing alongside a solid partner and a goalie behind him.)

You could argue that Alisson was the final piece of what would constitute a solid defense and indeed the best defense in the league that not only conceded the fewest goals but also kept the most clean sheets last season. And he's gone on to back up those credentials at the national level firmly grasping away that Brazil number 1 spot from Ederson, his rival at City.

miller0863
10th July 2019, 07:05 PM
We got dumped out of the FA cup playing Fabinho at CB alongside a 16 year old as I recall. Two 17 year olds also played in that game.

skyebo
10th July 2019, 07:27 PM
Vs Wolves FA cup
Mignolet Lovren Moreno Fabinho Milner Keita Shaqiri Jones Camacho Sturridge Origi. No idea who played where.

Nineteenx
10th July 2019, 07:47 PM
I expect Mignolet is a better keeper than when he arrived here, people talk about games and that's important, but training and competing against better players, seeing their level and pushing yourself really hard to try and reach and surpass them improves players a hell of a lot too

skyebo
10th July 2019, 07:51 PM
I expect Mignolet is a better keeper than when he arrived here, people talk about games and that's important, but training and competing against better players, seeing their level and pushing yourself really hard to try and reach and surpass them improves players a hell of a lot too

I wouldn't like to see any videos from his Sunderland days then. He's never been good enough imo.

miller0863
10th July 2019, 07:51 PM
Lovren went off injured early doors

skyebo
10th July 2019, 07:52 PM
Lovren went off injured early doors

Thanks Miller.

miller0863
10th July 2019, 08:00 PM
Young Hoever came on in his stead and was motm if I recall correctly.

Nineteenx
10th July 2019, 08:03 PM
I wouldn't like to see any videos from his Sunderland days then. He's never been good enough imo.

I'm not suggesting he has been, only that he's likely a far better keeper than when he arrived

Nineteenx
10th July 2019, 08:04 PM

'He was a body remover'

justincredible
10th July 2019, 08:17 PM
'He was a body remover'

Hahaha, I think I'm going to 'Dyson'.....

Crimson Dynasty
10th July 2019, 08:20 PM
We got dumped out of the FA cup playing Fabinho at CB alongside a 16 year old as I recall. Two 17 year olds also played in that game.

My bad.

It was the League Cup (Carabao) that we got knocked out of when he played with Lovren and Matip in the CB positions and with Clyne and Moreno at the Fullback positions.

I'm still not convinced he would be any better if he played with Van Dijk.
His problem was never not having good enough defenders in front of him but rather not being good enough himself to justify their confidence or any confidence in him backing them up.

Crimson Dynasty
10th July 2019, 08:22 PM

I hope we see more of him this season.

He showed a lot of promise in that game.
Lots of composure for a lad his age playing in that position and a game like that.

miller0863
10th July 2019, 08:23 PM
Agreed, showed a lot of promise.

ianlfc
10th August 2019, 04:27 PM
This injury is a right kick in the balls for us all. Looking at the fixtures ,among the games he'll miss is Arsenal at home which could be a worry but Chelsea away on the 22nd of September is a huge game which could see him back .

southernboy
10th August 2019, 04:41 PM
Amazing how quickly our goalkeeper situation has changed

teesred
10th August 2019, 04:43 PM
How longs he out for?
He will be missed but I feel a lot less worried with Adrian in the sticks as opposed to Mig.

ianlfc
10th August 2019, 04:44 PM
Adrian hadn't much to do last night , If I can remember he's not the worst keeper in the world and I'd like to think a better one than the Mig.

teesred
10th August 2019, 04:46 PM
Aye hes always looked good when Ive seen him and I dont recall any glaring errors from him. Big unit too which helps.

ianlfc
10th August 2019, 04:51 PM
Aye hes always looked good when Ive seen him and I dont recall any glaring errors from him. Big unit too which helps.

As long as he can catch a ball and find a red shirt from his kicking, he'll do for me.

RedNoodle
10th August 2019, 05:03 PM
As long as he can catch a ball and find a red shirt from his kicking, he'll do for me.

From what I remember from last night, don't go expecting much when it comes to the latter.

southernboy
10th August 2019, 05:04 PM
I remember a few seasons back I wanted us to sign Adrian... we chose Karius. I didn’t realise he was as old as he is (32), not that it’s a problem for a keeper. Not sure how Fabianski kept him out of the West Ham side; he was atrocious today at times.

Balinkay
10th August 2019, 05:26 PM
From what I remember from last night, don't go expecting much when it comes to the latter.

Was just about to say the exact opposite. :D

RedNoodle
10th August 2019, 07:22 PM
Was just about to say the exact opposite. :D

You obviously remember some long punt that landed on the toes of one of our players, whilst I remember a couple of wayward balls including one straight into touch. Let's hope your appraisal is the correct one.

LFC-DPG
10th August 2019, 07:24 PM
6-8 weeks out. Glad we’ve got a decent-ish backup.

Balinkay
10th August 2019, 11:26 PM
You obviously remember some long punt that landed on the toes of one of our players, whilst I remember a couple of wayward balls including one straight into touch. Let's hope your appraisal is the correct one.

Yup - tried to keep an eye out for his long passing. Remember counting a few great ones after he came on and I forgot to pick it up in the second half.

Anyone got the stats for it?

skyebo
10th August 2019, 11:33 PM
I can put up with a keeper not finding his man, and it goes into touch. All you are doing is giving away a throw in. Alisson sold one of our defenders short early in the game, though luckily it came to nothing.

Aldo1988
11th August 2019, 02:40 PM
Anyone else get the feeling that Allison was carrying an injury pre-season? He didn't look to good in the friendly, Community Shield and in Friday.

ianlfc
11th August 2019, 02:58 PM
Anyone else get the feeling that Allison was carrying an injury pre-season? He didn't look to good in the friendly, Community Shield and in Friday.

Do you remember how you felt in work the first week you came back from holiday 😂😂

Aldo1988
11th August 2019, 04:44 PM
Do you remember how you felt in work the first week you came back from holiday 😂😂

Haha, wish I could have six weeks off sick after my first week back in work!!

Nineteenx
11th August 2019, 06:11 PM
Think we're going to have to be absolutely bang on it with our press and defending, Allisson out for 4-8 weeks is a MASSIVE blow, HUGE, decent back up does not and will not compensate for the absence of a keeper of Allisson's quality. We defend and have got used to defending making good angles for the keeper, blocking a big area of the goal comfortable in the knowledge Allisson will save anything in that area, most keepers can't be relied on like that.

faridtoxteth
11th August 2019, 10:08 PM
Think we're going to have to be absolutely bang on it with our press and defending, Allisson out for 4-8 weeks is a MASSIVE blow, HUGE, decent back up does not and will not compensate for the absence of a keeper of Allisson's quality. We defend and have got used to defending making good angles for the keeper, blocking a big area of the goal comfortable in the knowledge Allisson will save anything in that area, most keepers can't be relied on like that.

I thought pretty much the same thing when Norwich scored..that Alisson would have saved a shot from that angle.Adrian is not a total disaster though, an upgrade on Mig i would say, just not same class as Ali.

CCTV
12th August 2019, 12:23 AM
Alisson is the best keeper in the world. He'll be missed hopefully not sorely missed.

Kev0909
12th August 2019, 05:07 PM
apparently out only for a few weeks?

stevie harkness
12th August 2019, 05:14 PM
We've signed Andy Lonergan on a one year deal...

skyebo
12th August 2019, 06:21 PM
An early chance for Adrian to get a run of games. I'm sure he wasn't expecting it to happen so quickly.

justincredible
12th August 2019, 07:14 PM

Hopefully be back for the Newcastle game in Anfield on the 14th September.
Then he only misses the games this month against Chelsea, Southampton, Arsenal and Burnley.

Not so bad.....

southernboy
12th August 2019, 09:11 PM

Fingers crossed.

GlassHalfFull
13th August 2019, 04:40 PM
Just cut loose and win games 5-3 while he's out.

He's a great keeper and he's gone someway to curing me of my fear and distrust of beards (what are you hiding behind it, eh? EH?!) but we can revert to attack being the best form of defense while he's missing.

Insidious
13th August 2019, 05:21 PM
Just cut loose and win games 5-3 while he's out.

He's a great keeper and he's gone someway to curing me of my fear and distrust of beards (what are you hiding behind it, eh? EH?!) but we can revert to attack being the best form of defense while he's missing.

Mate, you wouldn't cope with my beard.

GlassHalfFull
13th August 2019, 05:34 PM
Mate, you wouldn't cope with my beard.

That sounds vaguely sexual!

justincredible
13th August 2019, 06:25 PM
It's big. It's red. It'll drag you into bed..... Sid's beeeeeeard....

stevie harkness
26th August 2019, 05:17 PM
Latest news: Liverpool are likely to be without the Allison until after the September international break...

Insidious
26th August 2019, 07:29 PM
It's big. It's red. It'll drag you into bed..... Sid's beeeeeeard....

You're an eejit. Keep it up :D

Steveo
26th August 2019, 07:57 PM
Latest news: Liverpool are likely to be without the Allison until after the September international break...

The Adrian hasn’t been too bad to be fair. Still want the Alisson back though.. :D

Balinkay
26th August 2019, 07:59 PM
Everyone want to be like The Mig…

Steveo
26th August 2019, 08:28 PM
Cut a sad and lonely figure last season especially towards the end. Really felt for the guy.

Best for all concerned that he is ‘In Bruges’

stevie harkness
26th August 2019, 10:26 PM
The Adrian hasn’t been too bad to be fair. Still want the Alisson back though.. :D

Hehe, the Stevie did a bad edit there :-)

Clungeman
27th August 2019, 08:03 AM

So hopefully he'll just miss the game against Burnley then? All being well, Adrian won't have too much work to get through next saturday.

justincredible
27th August 2019, 08:23 AM
Hopefully be back for the Newcastle game in Anfield on the 14th September.
Then he only misses the games this month against Chelsea, Southampton, Arsenal and Burnley.

Not so bad.....

Looks like i was right. Bing!

ianlfc
27th August 2019, 10:17 AM
Looks like i was right. Bing!
Even a broken clock is right twice a day 😂😂😂

Steveo
27th August 2019, 10:56 AM
What..? Even if you yank the hands off, take a sledge hammer and smash the frigging shite out of it..?

I hate the day after a bank holiday..:bull_head:

justincredible
27th August 2019, 12:53 PM
What..? Even if you yank the hands off, take a sledge hammer and smash the frigging shite out of it..?

I hate the day after a bank holiday..:bull_head:

Hahahajajajajaja...

justincredible
27th August 2019, 12:55 PM
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ������

If only The BigRC was here to praise me. Sigh.

ianlfc
28th August 2019, 04:25 PM
If only !!!

CCTV
28th August 2019, 06:49 PM

Hes writing Origi's autobiography, wait your turn :)

Balinkay
28th August 2019, 07:52 PM

Hahahahahahhahahah, had forgotten about that CC! Cheers for reminding me. :D

justincredible
28th August 2019, 08:24 PM

Hahahaha, very good CC.....
Strongly worded no doubt?

ianlfc
29th August 2019, 06:16 PM
The best keeper award, what a year the big man has had.

Nineteenx
31st August 2019, 08:02 PM
The best keeper award, what a year the big man has had.

He's simply the best

Balinkay
13th September 2019, 04:49 PM
Apparently he's expected to return after the next international break. :eek:

Steveo
13th September 2019, 04:54 PM
Apparently he's expected to return after the next international break. :eek:

Yep not before the middle of October... That’s a real blow

justme
13th September 2019, 05:02 PM
Its best not rush him back.. we have seen with the likes of Anderson in the cricket and Messi for Barca..they have comeback from calf injuries to soon and its gone again

skyebo
13th September 2019, 05:16 PM
Not too concerned, now that Laurel and Hardy have been moved on.

stevie harkness
13th September 2019, 05:21 PM
He'll be like a new signing

southernboy
13th September 2019, 10:14 PM
Its best not rush him back.. we have seen with the likes of Anderson in the cricket and Messi for Barca..they have comeback from calf injuries to soon and its gone again

Absolutely spot on. It’s obviously not good news but hopefully we’re better equipped to deal with it than we were.

Insidious
13th September 2019, 11:15 PM
The 10 players we play in front of the keeper are good enough to help us win most matches.

I don't mind missing Alisson for a little bit longer if he comes back properly fit and ready and not prone to recurrence of injury.

The likes of Van Dijk and Fabinho (not to mention the collective press and continued work with the higher line) are there to protect our goal from danger and we have a lethal attack that can ensure we'll outscore the opposition more often than not.

In the League this season we have scored 12 and conceded 3 - we won by 2 (or 3!) clear goals in all but one of the 4 - it's a tiny sample size, but we generally score 2-or-more and concede 1-or-less.

The 4 away games (all comps) in a row (Napoli, Chelsea, MK Dons, Sheffield United) are an excellent chance to further galvanise this side's mental resilience - there is always a positive to be found - "doubters to believers".

Steveo
13th September 2019, 11:59 PM
Not too concerned, now that Laurel and Hardy have been moved on.

Agreed - if a bit harsh on the worlds greatest double act.. :D

skyebo
14th September 2019, 10:38 AM
Agreed - if a bit harsh on the worlds greatest double act.. :D

lol

CCTV
2nd October 2019, 02:13 PM
Alison's birthday today as well

AHjmUm7m4rs

Nineteenx
28th October 2019, 06:18 PM
Brilliant to have the big man back in the side, he was exemplary as ever yesterday

ianlfc
28th October 2019, 06:53 PM
His positioning when pushing Son wide when he hit the crossbar was outstanding.
He really is the best.

Balinkay
28th October 2019, 07:59 PM
Better than peak Reina?

LEGS
28th October 2019, 08:18 PM
Better than peak Reina?

Tough one that mate !

I'd say he is just better than Reina what ive seen so far.

teesred
29th October 2019, 12:11 AM
Better than peak Reina?

I reckon yes. Hes the best in the world I think. That save from Son in the last minute is the difference between the good and the best. A good keeper parrys it and maybe gets away with it if his defender clears. The best save it and theres no panic on. It makes such a huge difference in a fans confidence in the team having a top class keeper.
Hes one of the reasons the team is constantly evolving into a beast.

justme
29th October 2019, 12:30 AM
Rumours Karius maybe back. he will be at least 4 choice.. so he needs to find another club

teesred
29th October 2019, 12:35 AM
Rumours Karius maybe back. he will be at least 4 choice.. so he needs to find another club

Did you see that fuck up he made a few weeks back when he cane rushing out of his box to head the ball and completley missed it? The other team ran off with ball and scored. It was absolute gold. Fucking hilarious.

teesred
29th October 2019, 12:39 AM
https://www.sportbible.com/football/news-loris-karius-produces-huge-mistake-to-gift-slovan-bratislava-goal-20190919

Here it is. I dare you not to laugh. Its class.

justme
29th October 2019, 12:47 AM
Oh my gawd!.. he came running out and even then he headed the ball up and over himself. the ball went backwards.

redebreck
29th October 2019, 02:00 AM
still suffering from concussion

Insidious
29th October 2019, 10:29 AM
Ooooooo tough one.

I think (not taking anything away from him as he was incredible) Reina had more "cat-like" saves and thus his saves stand out more in the mind. Whereas Alisson's (less visually spectacular) incredible footwork means his saves aren't as memorable but arguably showcase more elite technique.

skyebo
29th October 2019, 10:37 AM
Alisson by quite some distance. There were a number of keepers around the world who were better than Reina when he was here, Alisson is in the top 3.

justincredible
29th October 2019, 11:08 AM
Alisson by quite some distance. There were a number of keepers around the world who were better than Reina when he was here, Alisson is in the top 3.

Alisson is in the top two. He's number one or two depending (mostly) on whether you're a Liverpool or City fan.

skyebo
29th October 2019, 11:24 AM
Alisson is in the top two. He's number one or two depending (mostly) on whether you're a Liverpool or City fan.

Indeed

Balinkay
29th October 2019, 11:26 AM

I do rate Alisson very highly, but surely Oblak, ter Stegen and DDG (well, not in his current form) all have a very good case at being better than him.

Honestly I can't see how anyone could say Ederson is better.

At his best Reina was probably maybe top 5 in the world, so I do take your point, but it is important to note that at the time we had peak Casillas, Buffon and Cech kicking about - all phenomenal keepers and record breakers.

teesred
29th October 2019, 01:24 PM
Ter stegen isnt in the same class. Oblak yes, DdG at the moment no.
Also there wasnt 4 keepers better than Reina in his prime, especially Casillas.

Balinkay
29th October 2019, 02:54 PM
I dunno man, ter Stegen is pretty good from what I've seen. Hell, if Neuer recaptures his pre-injury for he's up there too. Peak Neuer is still the best keeper I've ever seen.

Steveo
29th October 2019, 03:17 PM
Gordon Banks aside - Neuer... on form is best I have seen...... . Think Ter Stegen is kwalktee too - DDG is still a monster keeper. Alisson is fantastic - you don’t need the best - you just need one who is top class, at the very least we have that now.. look at the difference it makes.

Balinkay
29th October 2019, 03:24 PM
Where does Schmeichel rank steveo? I'm too young to remember him.

skyebo
29th October 2019, 03:26 PM

For me, the best keeper in the premier league. He was a monster.

teesred
29th October 2019, 04:05 PM
Schmeichel best ever I think.

Balinkay
29th October 2019, 04:49 PM
Schmeichel best ever I think.

Overall?! Or just PL / English top flight?

HLOGI
29th October 2019, 04:55 PM
For me, the best keeper in the premier league. He was a monster.

For me 2. Of the players of my living or watching years. He is the best keeper ever.

teesred
29th October 2019, 05:30 PM
Overall?! Or just PL / English top flight?

Overall from what I've watched.

Balinkay
29th October 2019, 05:33 PM
Overall from what I've watched.

Better than peak Casillas, Buffon and Neuer?! Damn. That's high praise. Must have been a sight to behold.

jozza800
29th October 2019, 05:33 PM
I know i'll defintely be in minority here but i'm yet to be wholly convinced. I personally think VDV has been far and away the biggest influence on the backline and our defending in general.

I'd like to see how Allison would look playing behind Lovren and Moreno every week. Likewise, it would interesting to see what the Mig would be like behind the current backline.

Schmiechel has been the best keeper of the last 40 years (at least of those Ive seen play). Without doubt he was the biggest influence in that United team of the 90s and probabaly won them 2 or 3 titles than they deserved.

I'm convinced if we'd had Schmiechel in goal instead of the likes of James, Hooper, Friedle, Westerveld we'd have won the league at least once in the 90s. Though like Allison would he'd have looked as good playing behind Phill Babb, Razor Ruddock and Julian Dicks?

jozza800
29th October 2019, 05:34 PM
Better than peak Casillas, Buffon and Neuer?! Damn. That's high praise. Must have been a sight to behold.

Absolutely.

teesred
29th October 2019, 06:07 PM

Different gravy. Cassillas? Not up there with the best at all in my book.
Buffon maybe close but not the other 2, not even close. He was the lynchpin of utds dominance.

teesred
29th October 2019, 06:11 PM
I know i'll defintely be in minority here but i'm yet to be wholly convinced. I personally think VDV has been far and away the biggest influence on the backline and our defending in general.

I'd like to see how Allison would look playing behind Lovren and Moreno every week. Likewise, it would interesting to see what the Mig would be like behind the current backline.

Schmiechel has been the best keeper of the last 40 years (at least of those Ive seen play). Without doubt he was the biggest influence in that United team of the 90s and probabaly won them 2 or 3 titles than they deserved.

I'm convinced if we'd had Schmiechel in goal instead of the likes of James, Hooper, Friedle, Westerveld we'd have won the league at least once in the 90s. Though like Allison would he'd have looked as good playing behind Phill Babb, Razor Ruddock and Julian Dicks?

Was willing to pay his own plane ticket fee for a trial at LFC. Didnt get accepted. Or so I've read.
John Barnes talks about his admiration for him in his autobiog. He used to play handball a lot and thats how he developed into such a great keeper, mastered that starjump save he used to do from handball.

Crimson Dynasty
29th October 2019, 06:26 PM

I don't think you're in the minority with that view, mate.

Certainly not on here.
VvD has by far and away been the biggest influence and cause in our massive improvement in defense since Klopp arrived.
With Allisson probably not that far behind.

Balinkay
29th October 2019, 06:26 PM
Different gravy. Cassillas? Not up there with the best at all in my book.
Buffon maybe close but not the other 2, not even close. He was the lynchpin of utds dominance.

Personally think peak Casillas was very comparable to peak Buffon. Would even take Casillas for reflexes over the Italian. What's your opinion on Cech? I absolutely loved him to bits - he's apparently playing hockey in some English league since he loved it as a kid!

I'm very impressed by the level of love for Schmeichel in this thread, I must say.

teesred
29th October 2019, 08:29 PM
Personally think peak Casillas was very comparable to peak Buffon. Would even take Casillas for reflexes over the Italian. What's your opinion on Cech? I absolutely loved him to bits - he's apparently playing hockey in some English league since he loved it as a kid!

I'm very impressed by the level of love for Schmeichel in this thread, I must say.

Cech was awesome. A huge reason chelsea had so much success. Definitley up there with the best prem keepers, not sure ehere I'd have him overall. Would need some deep thought. Lolz etc.

CCTV
29th October 2019, 08:38 PM

Schmeichel was class, surprised a few have him ahead of Buffon Kahn etc

Steveo
29th October 2019, 08:49 PM

He was epic to be fair... Has to be up there with the best of them. I would still plump for Neuer or Banks.. at times both were barely beatable... The Great Dane was amazing especially one v one - shot stopping though - not sure he is quite what the other two were/are - but hey I really don’t know if anyone can really know definitely. These are all amazing keepers we are talking about.

Another contender ..

Lev Yashin.. that’s going back some too though

Balinkay
29th October 2019, 10:43 PM
Yeah, I've only heard of him. My grandpa even mentioned the guy, and grandad never watched football!

From youtube footage I've seen Schmeichel's performance in Euro '02 was something else.

miller0863
24th December 2019, 11:34 AM
Wow !!

Alisson Becker has played 5 "win or go home" matches for #LFC. Either finals or games where we faced elimination.
Flamengo
Salzburg A
Spurs
Barca H
Napoli H
In those matches he has saved ALL 26 opposition shots on target. Including 6 big chances 🔥

Balinkay
24th December 2019, 11:40 AM
Yeah yeah yeah… I kind of hate these cherry picking stats.

He conceded two to Man City last year.

miller0863
24th December 2019, 12:10 PM
I remember when we went through a period of conceding from just about every first shot on target, the Great Mig was our No1 keeper in those dark days, ably assisted by the inimitable Karius.

TheDOC1979
24th December 2019, 03:15 PM
Still worries me every time with pissing about passing the ball back to him. Otherwise solid keeper

Nineteenx
10th January 2020, 10:41 PM
Our bearded bear

6m89O9yfT2w

CCTV
11th January 2020, 02:00 AM
Some nice yt vijeos 19 - it's amazing what a world record signing can do for a team - a trick worth repeating....

Just put them straight in the team, sit back and purr:D

Nineteenx
11th January 2020, 04:05 AM
That did happen, but Allisson has developed or changed his game slightly since his arrival too, there were elements of his game for Brazil and Roma I didn't especially like, maybe it was the Brazil and Roma manager's instructions to do things as he did, don't know, but he doesn't do those things for us, he does everything I think a world class keeper should do. It was his parrying, he used to parry straight out in front of goal quite often in Brazil and Roma games I watched and youtube footage, he parrys wide and well away from goal or out for a corner for us except for on very rare occassions when he reacts very quickly to stop something he hasn't seen coming until very late or is literally point blank from a player who's made a late run to arrive on something he's expected our defender to clear

Balinkay
11th January 2020, 10:03 AM
Some nice yt vijeos 19 - it's amazing what a world record signing can do for a team - a trick worth repeating....

Just put them straight in the team, sit back and purr:D

Yeah, especially when they're in an area where the team actually needs strengthening. :D

CCTV
11th January 2020, 01:28 PM
Yeah, especially when they're in an area where the team actually needs strengthening. :D

But but but we had a host of world class centrebacks already

CCTV
11th January 2020, 01:29 PM
Nevermind his leading commercial appeal and the knock on for the balloon door

Balinkay
11th January 2020, 01:46 PM
Nevermind his leading commercial appeal and the knock on for the balloon door

He would be a good commercial deal for sure. Like Pogba maybe? I'm convinved he was actually a good piece of business. Maybe they should have cashed in already though.

CCTV
11th January 2020, 03:26 PM
He would be a good commercial deal for sure. Like Pogba maybe? I'm convinved he was actually a good piece of business. Maybe they should have cashed in already though.

Pogba probably does have commercial appeal and a big social media following.

What counts against him is he's not a super forward or that into football :D

Nineteenx
11th January 2020, 10:32 PM
Top class from the big bear again today, absolutely exceptional and he really makes it look very easy when it's not, well, not for anyone else, our defenders do a very good job of making angles for him and not sticking legs out that are going to cause a deflection that could divert a shot he has covered, unless they're certain of making a solid block.

His positioning and ability is exceptional, I saw Celso's miss again, Allisson's position was so good and his reputation of making saves in those positions so strong that Celso felt he had to try and steer the ball into the far corner and the gap there was for him to do that was only the width of the ball and caused him to miss

justme
12th January 2020, 12:18 AM
was great when he came out along way to clear.If that hadda bean Mignolet he would of come half way and done nothing. just fked up the centre backs with his actions.

teesred
12th January 2020, 12:32 AM
Best in the world.

eggy81
12th January 2020, 11:33 AM
Only keeper you see keeping the ball into his body rather than randomly batting it around the box. Old school.

HLOGI
12th January 2020, 12:40 PM
Only keeper you see keeping the ball into his body rather than randomly batting it around the box. Old school.

So reassuring. The best in the world

Nineteenx
12th January 2020, 01:14 PM
So reassuring. The best in the world

He certainly is and he and the defence work brilliantly together, they make really good angles for him, make sure he has a clear view and the forward only has a portion of the goal to aim at knowing he'll save it. In the Champions League final Spurs got into positions 4 or 5 times to shoot, but our defenders made sure they didn't have much of the goal to aim at and Allisson comfortably saved all their efforts

Joetan991
12th January 2020, 03:58 PM
He is the best, keep things simple, hug every ball down, rather than acting like a kingfu master diving save pushing the ball behind the bar to look great

Nineteenx
16th January 2020, 06:39 PM
Love our lads in interviews, always so positive, so full of everything you need to succeed at the very top of the game when they speak

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/382580-alisson-becker-roberto-firmino-teammate-honour-interview

darrenpotter
19th January 2020, 07:40 PM
Love our lads in interviews, always so positive, so full of everything you need to succeed at the very top of the game when they speak

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/382580-alisson-becker-roberto-firmino-teammate-honour-interview

Am I correct in thinkin the great man has only let in 5 league goals all year

Insidious
19th January 2020, 07:42 PM
Couple of "nearly" moments from Alisson today that I wasn't happy about but what a keeper and what an assist.

stevie harkness
19th January 2020, 07:42 PM
Alisson is the first Liverpool keeper to assist a PL goal since Pepe Reina in March 2010 v Sunderland.

Kev0909
19th January 2020, 07:43 PM
More assists that Lingard

Nineteenx
19th January 2020, 08:19 PM
I love Allisson, our big bear, such a massive commanding presence, his ability is exactly why Martian missed his chance, players know their shot has to be absolutely drilled and perfectly placed to have any chance of beating him, then he seals the game with a brilliant assist, top top man

CCTV
19th January 2020, 08:29 PM
More assists that Lingard

Lolzard :D

Nineteenx
24th January 2020, 12:22 AM
Absolutely superb for our big bear again, nothing he could have done about the goal, if Matip's fully fit and playing he sees that's on and goes with Jiminez and wins the header, Gomez has been outstanding, but his reading of what's on and positional sense and heading ability in situations like that just isn't on the same planet as Matips

CCTV
24th January 2020, 12:31 AM
Bit harsh putting that on Joe, Jimenez does Robbo, Virgil backs of Jimenez then has to go wide after he passes and they have a 3 v 2 in our box.

Nineteenx
24th January 2020, 12:38 AM
Bit harsh putting that on Joe, Jimenez does Robbo, Virgil backs of Jimenez then has to go wide after he passes and they have a 3 v 2 in our box.

It isn't, Matip would have read that situation a lot better, that's the difference, Joe relies on his pace a lot and last ditch challenges more often, situations Matip's reading of the game through far greater experience means he stops the vast majority of before they even reach that stage

Anyway, big bear Allison absolutely outstanding again

CCTV
24th January 2020, 12:43 AM
It isn't, Matip would have read that situation a lot better, that's the difference, Joe relies on his pace a lot and last ditch challenges more often, situations Matip's reading of the game through far greater experience means he stops the vast majority of before they even reach that stage

Anyway, big bear Allison absolutely outstanding again

The attack cam down our left and they ended up with a 3 v 2 in the box. Gomez had a player near post and one behind him then Trent and another behind him.

Harsh to single him out imo for that goal.

Nineteenx
24th January 2020, 12:47 AM
The attack cam down our left and they ended up with a 3 v 2 in the box. Gomez had a player near post and one behind him then Trent and another behind him.

Harsh to single him out imo for that goal.

I wasn't especially singling him out, shit happens sometime, Robbo falling on his arse started it, I was just saying it provided an example of how and why Matip's better because he's more experienced, in that situation Matip would have been going with Jiminez in a position to win the header or quickly spin to make a good angle for Allisson had the ball been played far post

CCTV
24th January 2020, 07:06 AM
I wasn't especially singling him out, shit happens sometime, Robbo falling on his arse started it, I was just saying it provided an example of how and why Matip's better because he's more experienced, in that situation Matip would have been going with Jiminez in a position to win the header or quickly spin to make a good angle for Allisson had the ball been played far post

Fair enough, my bad. Think VVD could've nicked it off Jimenez and had Gomez gone with Jimenez there would have been a free man near post.

Gomez and Trent got stuck with a 3 V 2 on a quick break in the box, imo Gomez should have come to the near post man when Virgil went out to try and block the cross, Trent come in on Jimenez and leave the free man at the back post and hope to scramble if it went there and hope others recovered tracking back.

Just got done by the bit of skill and a good enough goal scored by wolves

Balinkay
24th January 2020, 07:57 AM
Absolutely superb for our big bear again, nothing he could have done about the goal, if Matip's fully fit and playing he sees that's on and goes with Jiminez and wins the header, Gomez has been outstanding, but his reading of what's on and positional sense and heading ability in situations like that just isn't on the same planet as Matips

Even if that's true, I'd be willing to chalk it up to lack of experince. CBs traditionally hit their peak a bit later.

And I'm not at all sure Matip is a better CB on current form than Gomez. Our record with him and VVD as a pair has been sensational.

jozza800
24th January 2020, 09:37 AM
Even if that's true, I'd be willing to chalk it up to lack of experince. CBs traditionally hit their peak a bit later.

And I'm not at all sure Matip is a better CB on current form than Gomez. Our record with him and VVD as a pair has been sensational.

Yep, he's been excellent in his sencond spell in the team. As good as Matip was at the backend of last season, I think Joe and VVD is the partnership.

Kev0909
24th January 2020, 11:47 AM
Yep, he's been excellent in his sencond spell in the team. As good as Matip was at the backend of last season, I think Joe and VVD is the partnership.

Gomez showing pre-injury form, they both work very well together

as there generally been a CB like VVD in the world what he does, in the last 10 years?

on a different planet

teesred
24th January 2020, 12:19 PM
Gomez showing pre-injury form, they both work very well together

as there generally been a CB like VVD in the world what he does, in the last 10 years?

on a different planet

I dont think there has been. Sayong tge other day that he'll go down as one of the best ever. Already one of the prems best ever.

Nineteenx
24th January 2020, 01:07 PM
Top top save from Allisson again in last nights game, the one from Traore was brilliant, Robbo leaving it was also exceptional, I love that from our defenders, when you have a keeper like Allisson it is absolutely the right thing to do, you know he's going to save pretty much everything, not deflecting shots in those situation is very important

Nineteenx
30th January 2020, 12:07 AM
Top top saves again from Big Bear Allisson two absolutely brilliant saves tonight

dicko1969
30th January 2020, 02:05 AM
Motm tonight just ahead of Oxlade

Joetan991
30th January 2020, 03:53 AM
He seems like saving anything keeper possible to save. Brilliant

Nineteenx
30th January 2020, 04:12 AM
Motm tonight just ahead of Oxlade

I had Oxlade to play at LFWD in my your team, I thought he did it incredibly well when he was moved there, took his opportunity to score in a very Mane like fashion, and then a little later took a difficult ball to control brilliantly rolling it into his path using his body to take him past the defender down the line (VERY Mane like) then played a great ball to find Gini who teed up Mo, whose shot hit the post, linked play really well after he was moved there, I'm hoping to see him start at LFWD on Saturday

Anyway, enough of that, this is Big Bear Allison's thread, what an incredible asset to the team and the club he is and he made absolutely crucial world class saves yet again this evening.

Nineteenx
30th January 2020, 05:59 AM
LOL :D

vhNKaTOyeEY

dicko1969
30th January 2020, 06:17 AM
No1
No1 defender in the world

Very funny
Quite catchy too

Hahaha I didnt mean that

Nineteenx
30th January 2020, 09:37 PM
That's exactly right Big Bear, done and onto the next, all the focus on each next game, getting the win and another vital 3 points or progression to the next round

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/384960-alisson-becker-reaction-liverpool-west-ham

Insidious
31st January 2020, 09:25 AM
He seems like saving anything keeper possible to save. Brilliant

Alisson is our Schmeichel and it's great.

Also another on the "fantastic human being" list - if I were a rival fan and was trying to find Liverpool players I genuinely disliked, the numbers would be very low.

The questions, as with all keepers, will be -

1. How long can he maintain this level?
2. When his level does drop, will it be a gradual decline a la Buffon, or falling from a cliff like Casillas?

If he was operating at even 80% of what he is right now he would still be one of the World's best. His footwork is incredible. So often he shimmies across to catch a ball in his hands that most keepers have to dive for - it makes the save look less spectacular to a casual viewer, but it's precisely the sort of thing that makes him elite - much like Van Dijk almost never making a sliding tackle.

Nineteenx
31st January 2020, 09:27 AM
Alisson is our Schmeichel and it's great.

Also another on the "fantastic human being" list - if I were a rival fan and was trying to find Liverpool players I genuinely disliked, the numbers would be very low.

The questions, as with all keepers, will be -

1. How long can he maintain this level?
2. When his level does drop, will it be a gradual decline a la Buffon, or falling from a cliff like Casillas?

If he was operating at even 80% of what he is right now he would still be one of the World's best. His footwork is incredible. So often he shimmies across to catch a ball in his hands that most keepers have to dive for - it makes the save look less spectacular to a casual viewer, but it's precisely the sort of thing that makes him elite - much like Van Dijk almost never making a sliding tackle.

He'll still be world No1 when he's 50

Insidious
31st January 2020, 09:33 AM
He'll still be world No1 when he's 50

Hahaha! That would be something!

I'm sure many felt that way about Neuer!

£140m for Van Dijk and Alisson was incredible business. Thanks Phil!

Nineteenx
31st January 2020, 09:44 AM
Hahaha! That would be something!

I'm sure many felt that way about Neuer!

In response to your earlier post, he's 27 years old, it's not something I'm even remotely thinking about, given his impeccable positioning, how well he reads the game, how in our system he's always 'in play' like all our other players, his calmness, mentality, how hard players train and how well they look after themselves, how the team plays in front of him and our defenders play in making very good angles for him and don't randomly swing legs at things once the shot has been got away when teams do attack us, he could continue as a world class keeper well into his 40's

Steveo
31st January 2020, 09:45 AM

It was indeed Sid. Phil was superb to watch when he was on it and I would love him to still be here BUT he was a luxury in a team with glaring deficiencies - deficiencies now plugged with the worlds best.. What a change

10 out of 10

Nineteenx
31st January 2020, 09:49 AM
It was indeed Sid. Phil was superb to watch when he was on it and I would love him to still be here BUT he was a luxury in a team with glaring deficiencies - deficiencies now plugged with the worlds best.. What a change

10 out of 10

Indeed indeed, 442oons need to do a revised version of this now :D

lS3wBE64Z28

Balinkay
31st January 2020, 06:37 PM

10 out of 10

That's an interesting point. I never thought of him this way.

Nineteenx
1st February 2020, 09:15 PM
Another fantastic clean sheet from Big Bear Allisson who was again superb today, I believe he leads the clean sheets jointly despite having missed 7 games

ianlfc
1st February 2020, 09:22 PM
Outstanding again.The man's a mountain at the back .

stevie harkness
1st February 2020, 11:47 PM
Another fantastic clean sheet from Big Bear Allisson who was again superb today, I believe he leads the clean sheets jointly despite having missed 7 games

Yes him and Sheff Utd's Henderson both on 9, Foster, Pope and Schmeichel on 8, it's tight.

Insidious
16th February 2020, 12:25 AM
Yes him and Sheff Utd's Henderson both on 9, Foster, Pope and Schmeichel on 8, it's tight.

The clean sheets are stacking up and that was a Hell of a bit of patience before a well-timed Bear Paw today.

Just a joy. Mignolet and Karius almost feel like distant memories now.

southernboy
16th February 2020, 12:53 AM
Amazing to think that he probably wasn’t anyone’s first choice, but he’s probably the best in the world now.

https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/5dCrTeyZZMRoFDYUmpvC3Q--~A/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjtzbT0xO3c9ODAw/http://media.zenfs.com/en-GB/homerun/uk.goal.com/68f32241c460dd26a7b2337a45e07e68

justincredible
16th February 2020, 01:05 AM
Amazing to think that he probably wasn’t anyone’s first choice, but he’s probably the best in the world now.

https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/5dCrTeyZZMRoFDYUmpvC3Q--~A/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjtzbT0xO3c9ODAw/http://media.zenfs.com/en-GB/homerun/uk.goal.com/68f32241c460dd26a7b2337a45e07e68

Thankfully, he was Klopp's first choice.

Nineteenx
16th February 2020, 01:26 AM
The clean sheets are stacking up and that was a Hell of a bit of patience before a well-timed Bear Paw today.

Just a joy. Mignolet and Karius almost feel like distant memories now.

Hee hee I call him Big Bear Allisson

Nineteenx
16th February 2020, 01:40 AM

He is another damned fine example of players working really hard at their games and Jurgen and the team working on things together to work to each others strengths.

We all have ideas of players who we think would be very good for us, but we all trust Jurgen and our scouting and data analysis team on every signing because they have an exemplary record.

I had reservations about Allisson prior to his arrival because when I watched him for Roma and Brazil he had a habit of parrying the ball straight out into the penalty area and just outside the box, I saw him do it loads of times, whereas I've always believed that a keeper should parry the ball out wide away from the goal towards either corner or out for a corner or throw in and since he has been here he has not only done exactly that, but he has done that absolutely brilliantly.

He's absolutely incredible, I've seen him use that parry out wide from a cross, cross shot or shot as a pass to one of our players numerous times, THAT is some serious world class next level shit, and it's the control of the speed and distance and angle of his parries too, he's just an incredible keeper.

When Jurgen signed him, I had every confidence he'd be brilliant and thought the parrying in front of him back into the penalty area or to the edge of it was maybe a goalkeeping coach and coach preference of what they wanted him to do at Roma and for Brazil. It's also really helped by our defenders making sure he has a clear line of sight and making good angles for him and not flashing a leg at things they aren't going to be able to block to potentially deflect them away from him

Note to Fabinho: Do not ever be so stupid as to stick a leg out like you did on Ings v Southampton, always remember you have Virgil behind you most likely on the cover (as he was) and an absolutely incredible keeper

ianlfc
16th February 2020, 09:28 AM
10 clean sheets in 18 games.

redebreck
16th February 2020, 07:32 PM
He is another damned fine example of players working really hard at their games and Jurgen and the team working on things together to work to each others strengths.

We all have ideas of players who we think would be very good for us, but we all trust Jurgen and our scouting and data analysis team on every signing because they have an exemplary record.

I had reservations about Allisson prior to his arrival because when I watched him for Roma and Brazil he had a habit of parrying the ball straight out into the penalty area and just outside the box, I saw him do it loads of times, whereas I've always believed that a keeper should parry the ball out wide away from the goal towards either corner or out for a corner or throw in and since he has been here he has not only done exactly that, but he has done that absolutely brilliantly.

He's absolutely incredible, I've seen him use that parry out wide from a cross, cross shot or shot as a pass to one of our players numerous times, THAT is some serious world class next level shit, and it's the control of the speed and distance and angle of his parries too, he's just an incredible keeper.

When Jurgen signed him, I had every confidence he'd be brilliant and) thought the parrying in front of him back into the penalty area or to the edge of it was maybe a goalkeeping coach and coach preference of what they wanted him to do at Roma and for Brazil. It's also really helped by our defenders making sure he has a clear line of sight and making good angles for him and not flashing a leg at things they aren't going to be able to block to potentially deflect them away from him

Note to Fabinho: Do not ever be so stupid as to stick a leg out like you did on Ings v Southampton, always remember you have Virgil behind you most likely on the cover (as he was) and an absolutely incredible keeper

I found an article about Danny Ings over the weekend. He's one hell of a good guy.
Danny Ings:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.beyondsport.org/project/d/danny-ings-disability-sports-project/&ved=2ahUKEwjV2o_J2dbnAhVASxUIHS8eAIA4ChAWMAB6BAgAE AE&usg=AOvVaw1JiCrbOW0TB1AOB8tPSgEL

Nineteenx
24th February 2020, 05:51 PM
You can't help but love Big Bear Allisson

XwwBd17LIEo

Nineteenx
25th February 2020, 01:49 AM
Another incredible match winning save from Big Bear Allisson tonight, top top class as ever

justme
25th February 2020, 06:41 AM
I love watching re-runs of our games in the past.I watched highlights of league cup final against Bolton in 1995..David James was doing his upmost to cost us goals by running out of his area.We had a great side under Roy Evans. Just not the goal keeper.
Thankfully we have a keeper now who saves us points,And not loses them.
One thing else I noticed about the game.John Barnes was being booed numerous times when he was in possession of the ball.
Not sure if he did anything to upset the Bolton fans. Or he was being booed for other reasons. With all the racism we see in modern day football. Just makes you wonder if that what was happening that day.

TheDOC1979
26th February 2020, 06:35 PM
Let's also give some credit to Adrian. He's been great when called upon

skyebo
26th February 2020, 06:40 PM

Indeed, it's been a while since we had 2 decent keepers at the same time. We didn't even have one till Alisson came in.

Aldo1988
26th February 2020, 07:34 PM

Pobably been the 2nd best keeper in the Prem this season ;)

CCTV
26th February 2020, 07:55 PM

Would he be no1 at...
Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal or united ?

Think the case could be made for 2 of those clubs if not 3 !!

skyebo
26th February 2020, 08:00 PM
Would he be no1 at...
Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal or united ?

Think the case could be made for 2 of those clubs if not 3 !!

Possibly. Chelsea have dropped the most expensive keeper in the world, Lloris drops too many clangers and Leno does too. He wouldn't replace De Gea imo.

justme
26th February 2020, 09:49 PM
Indeed, it's been a while since we had 2 decent keepers at the same time. We didn't even have one till Alisson came in.

Nah no one better than Adam Bogdan

Nineteenx
26th February 2020, 09:57 PM
Lloris drops too many clangers

Lloris is really poor when put under pressure at corners with players close in on him he is also VERY poor at shots across him when players strike across him from the left side of the penalty area to the bottom right hand corner

Nineteenx
26th February 2020, 09:58 PM
Nah no one better than Adam Bogdan

Isn't that the Russian guy off the GTA5 doomsday heist?

justme
26th February 2020, 10:00 PM

Maybe hes a spy? and was masquerading has a goal keeper

Insidious
6th March 2020, 04:28 PM
Misses the weekend and Atletico!?!?!!

ianlfc
6th March 2020, 04:36 PM
Not good, not good at all.

teesred
6th March 2020, 04:38 PM
Big blow but atleast we have a good deputy and I definitely dont see Atletico getting many chances.

ianlfc
6th March 2020, 04:40 PM
Big blow but atleast we have a good deputy and I definitely dont see Atletico getting many chances.

They only need one !!!
It's a huge blow .

trueandred
6th March 2020, 04:45 PM

No, he owned the carwash in Breaking Bad.

Nineteenx
6th March 2020, 05:06 PM
Big Bear Allisson misses tomorrow and Atletico, need to make sure we remember that Adrian needs better protection, when Allisson's in goal we can make good angles from him so players have less of the goal to aim at and if they get a shot off he just saves it, it's going to have to be an absolutely incredible wordlie to beat him.

When Adrian is in goal we have to work harder to stop the long shots coming in as much, the 2 goals against Chelsea, our defenders didn't make good angles for Adrian and unsighted him for both and actually moved out of the way of the ball, to make sure they didn't deflect it, but they unsighted him, I believe in not flashing a late leg at the ball as you might deflect it past your keeper when he's already going the other way, but that only applies if he has a clear view of the player striking it so can see from their technique and body shape where they are hitting it

Martyboy
6th March 2020, 05:11 PM
Alisson out,'kinell!!...Praying Adrian doesn't drop another fecker in the net like he did v Chelski....:(

Aldo1988
6th March 2020, 05:19 PM
Can only think of 2 mistakes that Adrian has made that resulted in the other team scoring. Otherwise he's been great, can't think of another back up keeper who's been up to the standard that he has?

eggy81
6th March 2020, 05:25 PM
They're going to try score early. Catch us napping not expecting it. We need to be ready. Massive game.

teesred
6th March 2020, 05:46 PM
Genuinely not worried about Adrian. Hes a good keeper, if we play to our potential on Wednesday we'll blow them away. The issue is whether we are capable enough of getting back to it. Need a convincing win tomorrow to inspire confidence not only in themselves but us.

Nineteenx
6th March 2020, 05:47 PM
They're going to try score early. Catch us napping not expecting it. We need to be ready. Massive game.

We need to be ready for that in every game, with these teams in their position I don't see the need to go gung ho and over commit leaving ourselves open to the counnter like the Watford game, keep it tight with Gini and Fabinho sitting more, let Trent, Robbo, Oxlade and the front 3 find a break though, which I'm sure they will.

A point really isn't much good to Bournemouth, if they start with a low block, keep it tight, keep giving it back to that attacking six to get the breakthrough which I'm certain they will, even if it's later in the game, sooner or later, because a point really isn't much good to them, they'll come out, as Watford would have

toneata
6th March 2020, 06:01 PM
Can only think of 2 mistakes that Adrian has made that resulted in the other team scoring. Otherwise he's been great, can't think of another back up keeper who's been up to the standard that he has?

You're right but it was a massive clanger. Hopefully it won't play on his mind and he did make some great saves after that to be fair.

Insidious
6th March 2020, 06:39 PM

They might - though rightly or wrongly, if I was Simeone, I would just aim to frustrate from the off, be patient and wait for a chance to counter.

We had no answers to their methods for the 87 or so minutes they had the lead. Why deviate? If they push for an early goal they could fall victim to the counter themselves and an early goal (for us) at Anfield puts Atletico up against a wall of noise, whereas if they stifle us they can silence the crowd / increase the frustrated groans.

southernboy
6th March 2020, 11:07 PM
It’s a blow, no doubt about that, but Adrian has been absolutely fantastic when he’s played in the league this season. Rare for us to have two outstanding goalkeepers. Really hope I haven’t jinxed him for tomorrow.

dicko1969
7th March 2020, 01:39 AM
Highly positive ask noods .... re BARCELONA

But Atletico are spoilers... now exactly how to defend to stop the game to get through

We are going out of the ECL

70% SURE

V Barcelona I was 90% sure we'd make something happen

First at the Nou camp we should have got something from the game

At Anfield I knew we'd score

Now in 2020 we are in poor form ; lacking key big players

We are going out

Kindly remind me of this thread should we get to the 1/4 final... thx

CCTV
7th March 2020, 01:42 AM
We're in poor form alright, still advantage us in terms of probability to progress

dicko1969
7th March 2020, 01:42 AM
I see it about 70/30 to the sly fookers

CCTV
7th March 2020, 02:44 AM
60/40 in our favour imo

Biggest game of the season to date and in a way the biggest game of the Klopp era !!

Atletico the hard battling, sometimes cynical madristas come to town with an epic prize in sight.....To be the first team to separate us from 1 of our titles !!

Nineteenx
7th March 2020, 05:59 AM
60/40 in our favour imo

Biggest game of the season to date and in a way the biggest game of the Klopp era !!

Atletico the hard battling, sometimes cynical madristas come to town with an epic prize in sight.....To be the first team to separate us from 1 of our titles !!

I agree, I'm still very confident we can beat them by 2 clear goals, if we get the first, they'll sit there still, if we get the second, they'll have to come out, their goal was an absolute fluke in the first leg too and we should have scored 3, the one Mo miscontrolled that their keeper hit straight to him should have been 1-1, if he controls it and bursts towards goal with it, it's a 2 v 1 with Mo and Bobby and their defender and the others don't have a chance to get there, if Mo heads the ball back across the keeper he gets his second. Hendo could have made it 3 although that was our most difficult chance with only the width of the ball to get it past the player and squeeze it just inside the post and slightly behind him

It was very different from the Barca game but similar in result, we didn't deserve to lose 1-0 on the balance of big chances and how we played, but could have lost 2-0, I think we'll beat them by the required margin at Anfield

eggy81
7th March 2020, 07:15 AM
Maybe the slump has been part of the plan. Imo work rate has fallen off a cliff last few games since first Atletico game. Players also not looking overly upset or angry about the defeats or performances. Part of a plan to be able to utterly blitz these pricks by any chance.
Will we see true heavy metal return for 1 night only. I hope so.

teesred
7th March 2020, 09:11 AM
Maybe the slump has been part of the plan. Imo work rate has fallen off a cliff last few games since first Atletico game. Players also not looking overly upset or angry about the defeats or performances. Part of a plan to be able to utterly blitz these pricks by any chance.
Will we see true heavy metal return for 1 night only. I hope so.

Defo. Pre match tunes- Metallica,Megadeth,Pantera on the dressing room ghetto blaster! Fired up fo' sho.

southernboy
7th March 2020, 06:15 PM
It’s a blow, no doubt about that, but Adrian has been absolutely fantastic when he’s played in the league this season. Rare for us to have two outstanding goalkeepers. Really hope I haven’t jinxed him for tomorrow.

You’re welcome. ;)

Nineteenx
7th March 2020, 06:35 PM
Hope Big Bear is back for Wednesday, Jurgen says not, I hope it's a bit of gamesmanship

southernboy
7th March 2020, 07:02 PM
Hope Big Bear is back for Wednesday, Jurgen says not, I hope it's a bit of gamesmanship

Sadly, given his track record when it comes to mind games (i.e. he doesn’t do mind games), I don’t think we’ll be seeing Alisson on Wednesday. Robertson however will be available.

Nineteenx
7th March 2020, 07:05 PM
Sadly, given his track record when it comes to mind games (i.e. he doesn’t do mind games), I don’t think we’ll be seeing Alisson on Wednesday. Robertson however will be available.

I thought it was stupid to play Robbo v Chelsea anyway, what's the point in playing him in that game and playing Origi at LFWD so he's no-one to link up with, it was just a waste of energy

dicko1969
8th March 2020, 08:04 PM
Is Alisson brasil no1 or Ederson 🤣🤣🤣🦆

justincredible
9th March 2020, 04:49 PM
Caoimhín Odhrán Kelleher is out for the rest of the season. Bad news for the young lad.....

https://readliverpoolfc.com/2020/03/09/knee-ligament-damage-may-rule-kelleher-out-for-the-rest-of-the-season/

Nineteenx
18th March 2020, 05:54 AM
Well, at least Big Bear Allisson will be back by the time the League resumes if it does

I felt a bit for Adrian, he'd been very good for us in all his games, made some very important saves to help us get wins, he did also let a few in we all knew Allisson would have saved, but he was miles better for us than either Karius or Mignolet ever had been and made saves they wouldn't have.

Ultimately, Allisson is the best keeper in the world and any second choice keeper is going to be made to look poor standing in for him however good they are in their own merit.

It was just desperately unfortunate that Adrian made two really bad errors along with 2 poor pieces of defending from Gomez that cost us so very dearly v Atletico. In his press conference Simeone blatantly knew it, he looked like a man who simply couldn't believe his luck, who knew his side had been totally and utterly outclassed and that errors by our keeper and RCB had gifted them a win in a game they should have been absolutely buried in.

I get accused of bashing Gomez, I think he is an absolutely excellent long term prospect, but he isn't our second best CB. He has only played 19 games for us at CB, in most of those games the team press and counter press has been excellent and he's mostly only faced situations in which teams are trying to counter or knock balls over the top and he can use his pace.

Gomez is still very inexperienced at CB, he hasn't played over 200 games at CB like Matip and had a lot of defending of all sorts of different scenarios against better teams than his to do in most of those 200 plus games. And for me that is part of becoming a great CB, having to do that amount of defending of such a variety of different situations against better teams than your own, that's what gives CBs their better positioning, awareness, reading of the game and ability to do the right thing when unexpected things happen, because they've had situations like that happen before.

Gomez doesn't have that experience, and for me he's been found out quite a few times in the last few games when he's been faced with situations that he hasn't had experience of and that don't result from our team press and counter press making any situations that do develop easy to read and allow Gomez to play to his strengths and use his extra pace

reddownunder
18th March 2020, 09:07 AM
Well, at least Big Bear Allisson will be back by the time the League resumes if it does

I felt a bit for Adrian, he'd been very good for us in all his games, made some very important saves to help us get wins, he did also let a few in we all knew Allisson would have saved, but he was miles better for us than either Karius or Mignolet ever had been and made saves they wouldn't have.

Ultimately, Allisson is the best keeper in the world and any second choice keeper is going to be made to look poor standing in for him however good they are in their own merit.

It was just desperately unfortunate that Adrian made two really bad errors along with 2 poor pieces of defending from Gomez that cost us so very dearly v Atletico. In his press conference Simeone blatantly knew it, he looked like a man who simply couldn't believe his luck, who knew his side had been totally and utterly outclassed and that errors by our keeper and RCB had gifted them a win in a game they should have been absolutely buried in.

I get accused of bashing Gomez, I think he is an absolutely excellent long term prospect, but he isn't our second best CB. He has only played 19 games for us at CB, in most of those games the team press and counter press has been excellent and he's mostly only faced situations in which teams are trying to counter or knock balls over the top and he can use his pace.

Gomez is still very inexperienced at CB, he hasn't played over 200 games at CB like Matip and had a lot of defending of all sorts of different scenarios against better teams than his to do in most of those 200 plus games. And for me that is part of becoming a great CB, having to do that amount of defending of such a variety of different situations against better teams than your own, that's what gives CBs their better positioning, awareness, reading of the game and ability to do the right thing when unexpected things happen, because they've had situations like that happen before.

Gomez doesn't have that experience, and for me he's been found out quite a few times in the last few games when he's been faced with situations that he hasn't had experience of and that don't result from our team press and counter press making any situations that do develop easy to read and allow Gomez to play to his strengths and use his extra pace

There are many reasons why Alisson is one of the best and obviously far better than Adrian Karius and Mignolet. He's not perfect but his confidence is so supreme that even when he makes the odd mistake he quickly puts it out of his mind. Mignolet, Adrian and even Karius are decent keepers but they appear to be mentally weak. Make one mistake and they fall apart. Alisson fits right in with the rest of Klopps mentality monsters

Nineteenx
18th March 2020, 04:41 PM
There are many reasons why Alisson is one of the best and obviously far better than Adrian Karius and Mignolet. He's not perfect but his confidence is so supreme that even when he makes the odd mistake he quickly puts it out of his mind. Mignolet, Adrian and even Karius are decent keepers but they appear to be mentally weak. Make one mistake and they fall apart. Alisson fits right in with the rest of Klopps mentality monsters

Agree, the mentality is incredibly important, Adrian panicked after his first error, wasn't helped out as well as he should have been by his defence, then was unfortunate in slipping as he went to push off to dive, after that he absolutely crumbled.

The defending should have been better to prevent their lad getting near the box for their second, but after that, both Gomez and Henderson made a superb angle for him blocking two thirds of the goal leaving their lad with very little to aim at and Adrian's positioning was woeful and he simply should not be letting that goal in.

His positioning was again woeful for their third, so as you say, he was found wanting severely in mental strength, having been so good for us as good as we could hope any No2 keeper playing in place of the world's best to be earlier in the season, the pressure of a Champions League last 16 knock out tie, of which he'd had no prior experience, got the better of him after his first mistake

dicko1969
18th March 2020, 06:23 PM
The bear
What a player

Nineteenx
25th March 2020, 08:41 PM
The Bear

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/391155-alisson-becker-john-achterberg-feature

ianlfc
12th August 2020, 08:42 PM
2 years ago today the great man made his league debut. And it was my first decent nights sleep in years after watching the Mig and Karius 😂😂

Insidious
4th October 2020, 10:20 PM
If we are without him for 4-6 weeks, he could miss the following -

17.10.2020 Everton FC - Liverpool FC
21.10.2020 AFC Ajax - Liverpool FC
24.10.2020 Liverpool FC - Sheffield Utd
27.10.2020 Liverpool FC - FC Midtjylland
31.10.2020 Liverpool FC - West Ham
03.11.2020 Atalanta Bergamo - Liverpool FC
07.11.2020 Manchester City - Liverpool FC

9 of our available 18 points to play for are there.

Kev0909
4th October 2020, 10:21 PM
Christ we could easily lose the next 2 on that performance today

teesred
4th October 2020, 10:27 PM
If we are without him for 4-6 weeks, he could miss the following -

17.10.2020 Everton FC - Liverpool FC
21.10.2020 AFC Ajax - Liverpool FC
24.10.2020 Liverpool FC - Sheffield Utd
27.10.2020 Liverpool FC - FC Midtjylland
31.10.2020 Liverpool FC - West Ham
03.11.2020 Atalanta Bergamo - Liverpool FC
07.11.2020 Manchester City - Liverpool FC

9 of our available 18 points to play for are there.

Could be worse. Hopefully 6 weeks is real worst case scenario.

ianlfc
4th October 2020, 10:29 PM
2 years ago today the great man made his league debut. And it was my first decent nights sleep in years after watching the Mig and Karius 😂😂

I can now throw Adrian into that lot. From a duo to a useless trio.

Nineteenx
4th October 2020, 10:34 PM
Jurgen, the analysis team and players just need to study the adjustments they made to how they play with Allison in goal to how they had to play with Adrian in goal last season and make sure they do the same things

Insidious
5th October 2020, 12:27 AM
Christ we could easily lose the next 2 on that performance today

We'll need to modify a few things, for sure. I'd be encouraging players to try and keep possession for longer, slow things down in spells where we can and to avoid passing it back to Adrian if at all possible, with strict instructions to Adrian for an attempted long ball to a particular outlet should it come back to him.

"Critical non-essentials" to buy little percentages all over the pitch. Time the press better, cut the channels off better, modify the press to ensure the distance between our lines is nice and small, whatever it takes.

I Honestly wouldn't mind us dropping 10 yards whilst otherwise maintaining our usual principles as we have the capacity to counter very well. If we don't chase it at the very top of the pitch we keep the space between the front three and midfield three a little smaller.

Don't give them any freebies, don't concede possession lightly, slow things down where required. We haven't become awful overnight.

The Champion's League group should actually be a helpful change of pace. That Villa game was dire but 9 points from 12 is ultimately fine - we don't lose 6 points for a drubbing so let's get the thing out of our systems and regroup.

RedNoodle
5th October 2020, 01:14 AM
One of the things that makes a mistake like Adrian's that much worse is that he has previously made the same mistake. Surely as soon as you make the glaring errors that he has (if not after the first time, then certainly at worst after the second time it occurs) you make sure (as much as you can) that they never happen again? It's not as if something such as just clearing the ball instead of trying to pass your way out of trouble is hard to rectify?

For me, if a player keeps making the exact same mistake(s), at best their mentality and ability to learn and adapt needs to come in for serious questioning, and at worst they need to be binned off, and quickly.

ianlfc
5th October 2020, 10:55 AM
Can we all just pretend he's going to be fit for the Everton match so we can only start to worry when the team news is announced before the game.

Steveo
5th October 2020, 11:21 AM
I'm liking this Ian...I'm liking this a lot.

Start at 1:05...

https://youtu.be/lp6xEUH3DZY?t=67

skyebo
5th October 2020, 11:29 AM
I can now throw Adrian into that lot. From a duo to a useless trio.

He isn't useless, he just isn't Alisson, and most of them had a nightmare last night, so he wasn't on his own.

Kev0909
5th October 2020, 11:30 AM
He isn't useless, he just isn't Alisson, and most of them had a nightmare last night, so he wasn't on his own.

Doesn't help passing back to him all the time, but once again that isn't just down to the players

it's down to klopp it's his tactics, his failure to change things.

last night was down to klopp as much as the players.

skyebo
5th October 2020, 11:38 AM
Doesn't help passing back to him all the time, but once again that isn't just down to the players

it's down to klopp it's his tactics, his failure to change things.

last night was down to klopp as much as the players.
more
Passing back to the keeper is all part of the game, the only difference been, they can't pick it up. We were past masters at slowing the game down under the old rule but the game is so fast now, all keepers have to do more than just save with their hands.

ianlfc
5th October 2020, 01:33 PM

Yes mate you're right. Just a silly comment at the heat of the moment.
@Steveo, Alan would definitely approve of that Idea 😃😃

faridtoxteth
5th October 2020, 05:39 PM
The thing is Alisson is comfortable playing sweeper behind a high line, Adrian isn't. That is the long and short of it and why the back four looked especially vulnerable yesterday.

Crimson Dynasty
5th October 2020, 09:06 PM
The thing is Alisson is comfortable playing sweeper behind a high line, Adrian isn't. That is the long and short of it and why the back four looked especially vulnerable yesterday.

A little bit of perspective is necessary here.

You just knew as soon as that first goal went in and how bad it looked and in the aftermath, the overall result, that a lot of fans would place an inordinate amount of blame on Adrian for the result irrespective of how disproportionate that blame is.

But if we take a hard and more discrete look at the goals and how we conceded them, and if we're being honest, Adrian was completely and (almost*) wholly responsible for a grand total of one goal in that game.
We lost the game by conceding 7 goals and practically all of them were bad goals to concede and in addition bad TEAM goals to concede.

Three of those goals were bad deflections that not a single goalie in the world could have done anything about - not even Allisson.
two were practically worldies and the type of shots that a player pulls out of the top locker maybe once or twice a season (Again, arguable that Allisson would have been able to do much in those circumstance) and then you had Adrian's "brainfart" moment (Assisted by the awful decision by Robbo to pass back to him from so far with far too many Villa players in the area), and the Freekick wherein the entire team fell asleep (and not assisted by our highline and expectation of the linesman and offside flag to save us). Again, Adrian couldn't possibly have done much in that situation short of coming out far too early than is advisable for a goalie in a freekick situation like that.

But fans remember the blunder because it's not the first time he's done that (with his previous two being pivotal in us getting tossed out of the Champion's League) - while conveineintly forgetting that before these series of blunders and in between them he's deputized reliably and fantastically for Allisson when he's been out injured.

IF we all take a hard look at the game.

We all know that Adrian is not a ball-playing goalkeeper. Should he be, in the current climate and way in which the game is played (and particularly how WE play it). Probably.
You could argue he SHOULD improve his passing, distribution and ball-playing skills in light of this, but until then I personally feel its incumbent upon his teammates to remember that he's not good at that and NOT look to pass back to him as a first option.
IN the case of the first goal, all it took was Robbo remembering this and perhaps kicking the ball out of the play and conceding the throw-in which would have been far easier to defend after we had a chance to reset.
But that's not our DNA or how Klopp wants us to play, so maybe that's another thing to look at.

The bigger culprits in our defeat were our system (our high line combined with Villa's high press and our lack of answers did us no favours), our overall team and outfield players all collectively having a mare and bad day at the office, and Klopp's bad selection in certain areas of the field and slowness to adapt or make changes - either in the setup, our system or the players involved. (we're all used to this by now).
Keita should have been pulled much earlier and arguably Bobby and Gomez too, but as a manager you never want to do that considering what it might do to a player's confidence.

Put aside the brainfart moments during backpasses, and Adrian actually is a very good goalie particularly in one-on-one situations (where he saved our bacon at least 3 times) and when he doesn't have the time to think very much about what to do and just has to go by reflex. It's those moments when he has time to think and try to "create" something that it all goes to pot.
I'm taken back to the game last season when Allisson got a red card and he came in and then the team let in a bad freekick goal before we were ready to defend and it looked really bad at the moment (and the Referee was a twat who should have called it back), but in the aftermath of it, he did a fantastic job helping us maintain a 2-1 lead and ultimately win the game in less than desirable circumstances.

Ball-playing goalies don't grow on trees and most in the Premier League aren't. There's a reason Allisson cost us so much (and is the second most expensive goalie in the league. Look what's happened to the most expensive one) so the comparisons to him in this department are a bit harsh and hard on Adrian IMO.

teesred
5th October 2020, 09:41 PM
Good post CD.

Crimson Dynasty
5th October 2020, 09:55 PM
Good post CD.

If what Klopp said is true, then we're going to be without Allisson for quite a while.

So for all those laying the whips and sticking the boot in on Adrian, they might want to remember that, and the fact that he's going to be our number one between the posts for that duration.

And also that the last time he had to deputize for Allisson for an extended period of time, we carried on a run to went up to a 15 point lead ahead of the then defending champions before Christmas with the best defensive record in the league (yes, thanks to the defenders, but he also played his part).

I'm just saying.
It was a bad result but we need to pull together as a club now and help the team go on a run the likes of which will make this nothing more than a bad memory.

HLOGI
5th October 2020, 10:05 PM
Adrian wasn't responsible for 6 of the 7, but his mistake kick starts everything. 0-0 and 1-0 is a different picture and confidence booster for a smaller team. When you have a keeper that is shaky you shoot more, cross more etc. Also that 1 incident where Watkins hit the post where Adrian went AWOL that is so disconcerting.

We went on a run with Adrian but let us not make it as if it was because of him. Adrian knocked us out of 2 cups last season, made other mistakes that not all were punished in the games that he played. He is shite no one will convince me otherwise. Karius and Mignolet might have been better.

teesred
5th October 2020, 10:10 PM
If what Klopp said is true, then we're going to be without Allisson for quite a while.

So for all those laying the whips and sticking the boot in on Adrian, they might want to remember that, and the fact that he's going to be our number one between the posts for that duration.

And also that the last time he had to deputize for Allisson for an extended period of time, we carried on a run to went up to a 15 point lead ahead of the then defending champions before Christmas with the best defensive record in the league (yes, thanks to the defenders, but he also played his part).

I'm just saying.
It was a bad result but we need to pull together as a club now and help the team go on a run the likes of which will make this nothing more than a bad memory.

Absolutely. The only real issue with his game is distribution. Either that gets worked on massively or we phase it out as much as is practically possible until the main man is back.
If the defence can get back to somewhere close to how good they can be his job will be easy.

skyebo
5th October 2020, 10:15 PM
Adrian wasn't responsible for 6 of the 7, but his mistake kick starts everything. 0-0 and 1-0 is a different picture and confidence booster for a smaller team. When you have a keeper that is shaky you shoot more, cross more etc. Also that 1 incident where Watkins hit the post where Adrian went AWOL that is so disconcerting.

We went on a run with Adrian but let us not make it as if it was because of him. Adrian knocked us out of 2 cups last season, made other mistakes that not all were punished in the games that he played. He is shite no one will convince me otherwise. Karius and Mignolet might have been better.

And you'll never convince me that Karius or Mignolet may have been better.

Crimson Dynasty
5th October 2020, 10:27 PM

I didn't say or argue that he was, nor was anyone even making that claim - nor would anyone even logically argue as much.

But to sit there and act as if he wasn't manning the posts in that period (when we were unbeaten) and he wasn't a significant part of that run when we had the best defensive record in the league with the fewest goals conceded, is equally disingenuous and smacks of trying to magnify his faults to be bigger than they really are, while at the same time diminishing the faults and responsibilities of others.

Who was in goal when we lost 3-0 to Watford (and subsequently our unbeaten run)? Adrian?
Who was in goal when we got bummed 4-0 to City after the restart? Adrian?
Why isn't that guy getting the same amount of stick?

Probably because you have enough perspective and honesty to acknowledge what that guy (who was in goal for those games) normally brings in every other game when the rest of the team isn't having a bad day at the office themselves.
Why and how is it any different with Adrian?

You're seriously going to tell me that his 1 blunder and error leading to that goal was so impactful and traumatizing and largely to blame for our 7 goal defeat (by claiming it set the tone) ......as if we haven't fought back from 1-0 down deficits before?

THIS SEASON?
THE GAME just BEFORE this one a week prior?
Seriously?

If an early goalkeeping blunder leading to a terrible goal is such a massive blow to our team's psyche that we're incapable of coming back from that, then,......even putting aside Klopp's "Mentality monsters" moniker,.....let's just pack it in.
We're done.
As a team and as so-called 'champions'.

OR.....

We could appreciate the fact that after he made that blunder (and save for a shaky moment or two including the one you mentioned) he was largely solid for the rest of the game - including a couple of point-blank stops on one-on-one's after the defense feel asleep over and over - which is far more than you can say for other players in the outfield who started out badly and finished badly.

Also, if Mignolet or Karius were better than him, they'd STILL be here.
We went and bought Allisson because they were both provably shite.

Crimson Dynasty
5th October 2020, 10:29 PM
And you'll never convince me that Karius or Mignolet may have been better.

It's the worst kind of delusional revisionist thinking to make such an outrageous claim like he's just done.

I doubt either Mignolet or Karius save the two one-on-one saves that Adrian saved in that game and I could easily have seen us conceding in double digits with either of them in goal.

With Allison maybe we lost 5-2 or 4-2.
With Adrian we lost 7-2

With Mignolet or Karius you start the bidding at 9-2 or 11-2 and work your way up from there.

skyebo
5th October 2020, 10:32 PM
It's the worst kind of delusional revisionist thinking to make such an outrageous claim like he's just done.

I doubt either Mignolet or Karius save the two one-on-one saves that Adrian saved in that game and I could easily have seen us conceding in double digits with either of them in goal.

With Allison maybe we lost 5-2 or 4-2.
With Adrian we lost 7-2

With Mignolet or Karius you start the bidding at 9-2 or 11-2 and work your way up from there.

Indeed Crimson, there's a reason why they were both binned.

scientificred
11th October 2020, 11:55 PM
Worrying that he has a shoulder injury.
Hope he fully recovers and it does not affect him mentally like it appeared to do so with Reina's double hernia.

Nineteenx
24th October 2020, 10:56 PM
Thank fuck Big bear Allison is back between the sticks, we'd have got beat tonight were he not

Insidious
24th October 2020, 11:16 PM
Thank fuck Big bear Allison is back between the sticks, we'd have got beat tonight were he not

Not seen the match - did he have to make a bunch of diving saves or more a collection of dealing with crosses or what?

Nineteenx
24th October 2020, 11:20 PM
Not seen the match - did he have to make a bunch of diving saves or more a collection of dealing with crosses or what?

He was just Big bear Allison, commanding, in charge, reading everything , making things look easy that might well have been a real problem had it been Adrian rather than him in goal

LEGS
24th October 2020, 11:26 PM

He gave the defence more confidence generally first few mins Sheff Utd had 3/4 players on him on a corner he came out get a good punch on it possibly tactics they thought would work on Adrian.

He had one "moment" in 60th min nearly got caught on the ball when it went back to him.

Glad he is back he gives us a lift.

Insidious
24th October 2020, 11:41 PM
Thanks lads.

So he looked alright then. My one worry about the speed of his recovery was the idea of him being rushed back - given the length of a season if he was only at 80% I'd rather risk the 3 points and give the extra week (speaking in generalities) than possibly have an aggravation and him be sidelined for 6 weeks.

So glad he's back. Was very keen for him to get a couple of games before City and we'll be seeing that!