PDA

View Full Version : Anfield Expansion: Peter Moore

justincredible
25th July 2019, 08:40 AM
This is great news. The club looking to remodel Anfield to its fullest possible expansion.

Reds CEO Peter Moore has confirmed that Anfield will be expanded in the near future with the original plan of increasing the capacity by 4000 seats now scrapped in favour of something more ambitious.

The original plans, which the planning application for expires in September, were for an extension of around 4000 seats, but there is now an acceptance from the club that much more will be needed to even scrape the surface of the demand for tickets.

The old plan was to get close to 60,000 seats, but Moore says now that mark will be exceeded. With the likes of West Ham United having bigger stadia that the Reds, that is certainly needed.

According to This Is Anfield, Moore said: “I can tell you definitively it won’t be the rather small-to-medium plans we had recently.”

He wouldn’t commit to a specific number of seats that will be added, simply saying: “We’re continuing to analyse what is the optimum number.”

There are a lot of different factors for the club to consider, including the time it would take to get their money back on the project and the impact an increase in capacity would have on local residents and the transport system of the Anfield area, but it seems something will be done.

That the club recognise there is a need for expansion amid huge demand for tickets and lots of frustration from supporters unable to access Anfield is at least a start.

Just a couple of days ago, club chairman Tom Werner was much more cautious as he explained the current situation, suggesting nothing had been sorted yet, but this sounds much more promising.

https://www.empireofthekop.com/2019/07/25/peter-moore-confirms-exciting-news-about-anfield-expansion/

Balinkay
25th July 2019, 09:02 AM
Yeah I'm not buying it. This guy used to be the CEO of EA - one of the scummiest entertainment companies out there - I wouldn't put it past him to just spout this in order to buy himself and FSG more time.

Let's hope it's true though - it'd be awesome.

Steveo
25th July 2019, 09:11 AM
The club needs it - tens of thousands of fans are desperate for it... Make it happen...

ianlfc
25th July 2019, 11:20 AM
Yeah I'm not buying it. This guy used to be the CEO of EA - one of the scummiest entertainment companies out there - I wouldn't put it past him to just spout this in order to buy himself and FSG more time.

I met him briefly a couple of years ago while I helped put the Kenny 9 Mosaic on the Kop before the Utd game . And believe it or not he came onto the Kop to help out for half an hour before he gave a speech at the naming g of the stand for Kenny.
He seems a decent guy who adores Liverpool and a fan at heart.

miller0863
25th July 2019, 11:53 AM
Jurgen saying “we don’t have the same money as other clubs and just keep on spending.” Yet he’s spent a net £30m a season since being at the club while we are posting record profits.
We are far from skint so the money must be going somewhere.

Believe it when I see it though, should have done this before now.

Aldo1988
25th July 2019, 12:08 PM
I met him briefly a couple of years ago while I helped put the Kenny 9 Mosaic on the Kop before the Utd game . And believe it or not he came onto the Kop to help out for half an hour before he gave a speech at the naming g of the stand for Kenny.

I heard he was a decent guy, he's also taken us to another level marketing wise. I think he's made a few sponsorship deals that have been much more profitable than our previous ones. Don't ask me to prove it as I'll never be able to find the article but would be happy is someone else could prove me wrong or right!

ianlfc
25th July 2019, 12:16 PM
I heard he was a decent guy, he's also taken us to another level marketing wise. I think he's made a few sponsorship deals that have been much more profitable than our previous ones. Don't ask me to prove it as I'll never be able to find the article but would be happy is someone else could prove me wrong or right!
There's hardly a month goes by without us getting another "partner " with Mg Motors being the latest.
The club is worth a fortune and can easily match any other club for players.

LFC-DPG
25th July 2019, 12:20 PM
Is this why Jurgen aint got no money.

Balinkay
25th July 2019, 12:24 PM

Seriously? That's amazing! Well here's hoping he really is a decent dude and means what he says!

southernboy
25th July 2019, 12:52 PM
This is all a long way off. I’ll believe it when I see it.

teesred
25th July 2019, 03:41 PM

Youve never had a good word for him. Just cos he kicked your ass on fifa.

Jenson78
25th July 2019, 08:54 PM
Jurgen saying “we don’t have the same money as other clubs and just keep on spending.” Yet he’s spent a net £30m a season since being at the club while we are posting record profits.

Like all businesses its all about profit.
Last season i went to three games, i spent
money on x2 tickets for each game. X2 memberships. Match programmes.
£650 on signed Vigil & Firmino limited framed shirts. Ive done my bit, “I know i shouldn’t of”.
It would be nice, if they could pull their finger out and expand Anfield. Im still 12,990 on the waiting list. So stressful every season, trying to get tickets on members sale. Didn’t get a sniff of a ticket, in the recent ticket sales.

redebreck
25th July 2019, 10:01 PM
The club needs it - tens of thousands of fans are desperate for it... Make it happen...

Like all businesses its all about profit.
Last season i went to three games, i spent
money on x2 tickets for each game. X2 memberships. Match programmes.
£650 on signed Vigil & Firmino limited framed shirts. Ive done my bit, “I know i shouldn’t of”.
It would be nice, if they could pull their finger out and expand Anfield. Im still 12,990 on the waiting list. So stressful every season, trying to get tickets on members sale. Didn’t get a sniff of a ticket, in the recent ticket sales.

I've not been able to get tickets for a match since 2015.
The upgraded main stand has added a huge number of seats, but other areas of Anfield need to be expanded.
In my humble opinion, we could easily match Old Triffid for match attendance.
Another issue, for what it's worth, is the location and accessibility of the ground. Someone needs to look at providing more parking
spaces for the forthcoming increase in match attendance.
Would love to see it happen. My son is now 25, and the season ticket waiting list has been closed for at least fifteen years.

southernboy
25th July 2019, 10:02 PM
Just seen the images of the new Everton stadium. I wonder if that will get built before we redevelop the ARE.

Insidious
26th July 2019, 12:12 AM
This is all a long way off. I’ll believe it when I see it.

To be fair these things do take time - Phase One (increase of capacity to 54,000 or so) did happen in the end, but took time.

Whenever there was a consideration to raise ticket prices for Phase Two, fans were unhappy and the scheme got scrapped. FSG need/ed to find the money another way and Champion's League success will have helped that.

If we are taking steps to ensure that we can challenge every season, rather than once every five years, it'll hopefully work out.

CCTV
26th July 2019, 02:51 AM
There's hardly a month goes by without us getting another "partner " with Mg Motors being the latest.
The club is worth a fortune and can easily match any other club for players.

Only noticed last night that there was a sort of translucent silvery axa logo on the away kit roughly where the heart is located. Though not in this article below.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/348519-liverpool-axa-training-kit-partnership-sponsorship

CCTV
26th July 2019, 02:56 AM
To be fair these things do take time - Phase One (increase of capacity to 54,000 or so) did happen in the end, but took time.

Whenever there was a consideration to raise ticket prices for Phase Two, fans were unhappy and the scheme got scrapped. FSG need/ed to find the money another way and Champion's League success will have helped that.

If we are taking steps to ensure that we can challenge every season, rather than once every five years, it'll hopefully work out.

The club is loaded sid :)

They posted a 100+mill profit in the last accounts which is the same amount as the stand cost. The stand was projected to raise revenue which would pay for itself in 6 seasons. Also FSG have a good system for funding infrastructural projects.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/04/liverpool-new-main-stand-anfield-corporate-seats

CCTV
26th July 2019, 02:58 AM

I do wonder where exactly people think the money is going ?

Balinkay
26th July 2019, 08:16 AM
I do wonder where exactly people think the money is going ?

Salaries should be a big huge money sink at this point. A couple of windows ago someone posted this article that showed we were quite high up when it came to what percentage of our income we spend on wages. And that was before VVD, Alisson and the front three's new contracts iirc, which are all bound to be huge, not to mention the CL boni.

Steveo
26th July 2019, 10:33 AM

They posted a 100+mill profit in the last accounts which is the same amount as the stand cost. The stand was projected to raise revenue which would pay for itself in 6 seasons. Also FSG have a good system for funding infrastructural projects.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/04/liverpool-new-main-stand-anfield-corporate-seats

Sid = a very easy date.. :D

We shouldn’t need relentless Runs to the champions league final just to get to 60,000 seats. It’s way WAY below our biggest rival United and IF we are serious about competing long term and serious about giving die hard fans access to the club thy love it needs to happen. No excuses

ianlfc
26th July 2019, 11:38 AM
Sid = a very easy date.. :D

We shouldn’t need relentless Runs to the champions league final just to get to 60,000 seats. It’s way WAY below our biggest rival United and IF we are serious about competing long term and serious about giving die hard fans access to the club thy love it needs to happen. No excuses

The amount of tickets available over here for Utd games is unbelievable. Especially through travel companies they buy 40_ 50 tickets a game or they have season tickets. They can hardly give them away now they're playing shite.

Steveo
26th July 2019, 11:47 AM
The amount of tickets available over here for Utd games is unbelievable. Especially through travel companies they buy 40_ 50 tickets a game or they have season tickets. They can hardly give them away now they're playing shite.

So are you suggesting we speculate and bank on playing shite?

Hope I read your meaning wrong but if not that is precisely the reason why it has taken so long to get where we are under Klopp. A lack of ambition.

Let’s think about this Ian - do you think United wish Old Toilet was smaller? If so - why are they looking at further expansion?

ianlfc
26th July 2019, 12:17 PM
So are you suggesting we speculate and bank on playing shite?

Hope I read your meaning wrong but if not that is precisely the reason why it has taken so long to get where we are under Klopp. A lack of ambition.

Let’s think about this Ian - do you think United wish Old Toilet was smaller? If so - why are they looking at further expansion?

All I'm saying is , the bigger the ground the more tickets go to travel and ticket agents. They may well get 20 now then the ground increases they then get 40.
It would be interesting to know what percentage of the increased capacity of the main stand went to new season tickets, corporate, ticket and travel agents and the general public.
As a few including your self have said tickets are hard to come by at the minute, I honestly don't think they will be much easier with a bigger capacity unless you go through agents which will be with inflated prices.

miller0863
26th July 2019, 01:25 PM
Pretty sure only 2,000 went to new Season Tickets Ian.

ianlfc
26th July 2019, 02:09 PM
Pretty sure only 2,000 went to new Season Tickets Ian.
Just has a look, the new main stand added 8,500 new seats, That's from the Official site.
About 25% on season tickets . I'd say another 50% at least for corporate and agents with 2000 for the general public.
And no doubt it's less than the 2000.

redebreck
26th July 2019, 10:09 PM
from the offy, today:

"FAQs; Ticketing; Season Ticket Waiting List; Search articles:
Can I join the Waiting List?

The list is currently closed and unlikely to open for new applications in the foreseeable future due to the number of people already waiting for Season Tickets."

miller0863
26th July 2019, 10:24 PM
Put it this way, we are somewhere between 4,500 and 5,000 on the list after 17 years of waiting. Absolutely no point in joining the list now, it’s a lot worse than it was back in the Houllier days when I put our names down.

ianlfc
27th July 2019, 10:45 AM
Another thing I'd love to know is how much the club make from the buying of the membership card every season. My number is 11 million odd. How many of that number take it up every season at £26.99 plus some take up the auto cup scheme as well ?
FSG OUT !!!

Steveo
27th July 2019, 11:23 AM
Money was taken by the club for me and my son in May and the Card for my son only arrived this week - slack feckers!

Insidious
28th July 2019, 08:41 AM

Bear with me as I'm as far from an expert as it gets when it comes to these things, but isn't there a delay with accounts? So it won't show things like some of the extended/boosted/lucrative contracts we've given out to keep our "star" players, meaning we'll only know certain things in X months time and so on?

Also we may have a percentage of that cash that is already ear-marked for one or two targets Klopp has lined up for the future - this is from memory so apologies if one or two have had extensions, but I think Lallana, Milner, Matip and Clyne will all have ceased their contracts by the end of the 19/20 season and of those I suspect all will go (much as I would personally love Milner to finish his career here and would be "quite content" for Matip to stay for another year or two).

For all we know we have identified Van Dijk's long-term partner in the market for example and are waiting for the right time - not necessarily "likely" but just using it as an example - so those funds can't be spent right now and so on.

Balinkay
28th July 2019, 08:43 AM
If we keep him fit, Gomez can become the best defender in the world. There, I said it.

Jenson78
28th July 2019, 11:42 AM
If we keep him fit, Gomez can become the best defender in the world. There, I said it.

Season 15/16 5 Premier League 2 Europa
Season 16/17 3 Fa Cup games
Season 17/18 23 Premier League 1 FA Cup 1 League Cup 6 Champions League
Season 18/19 16 Premier League 9 Champions League

Gomez has played more games than i thought. Looks like hes got soft ankles, thats the injury has plagued him the most.
Pace is important part of his game. Hope his ankles dont keep letting him down.

Insidious
28th July 2019, 11:48 AM
Where are we in terms of paying off any historic debts by the way?

Balinkay
28th July 2019, 02:00 PM
@Jenson

Yes - I believe he used to have the highest top speed of any player in our squad at training. His injuries are a huge worry, you're right.

CCTV
28th July 2019, 08:01 PM
Bear with me as I'm as far from an expert as it gets when it comes to these things, but isn't there a delay with accounts? So it won't show things like some of the extended/boosted/lucrative contracts we've given out to keep our "star" players, meaning we'll only know certain things in X months time and so on?

Also we may have a percentage of that cash that is already ear-marked for one or two targets Klopp has lined up for the future - this is from memory so apologies if one or two have had extensions, but I think Lallana, Milner, Matip and Clyne will all have ceased their contracts by the end of the 19/20 season and of those I suspect all will go (much as I would personally love Milner to finish his career here and would be "quite content" for Matip to stay for another year or two).

For all we know we have identified Van Dijk's long-term partner in the market for example and are waiting for the right time - not necessarily "likely" but just using it as an example - so those funds can't be spent right now and so on.

Our resident expert is gone. Wages are hard to find on each player with accuracy.

But our big wage earners Salah earning as much as Suarez during 13/14 200kpw. VVD, Firmino and Mane all reported as less than that but ahead of Gerrard's 140kpw in 13/14.
That's our 'big earners' most of the rest are paid in and around what Lovren earns 100kpw and he signed in the summer of 2014 on that or at least 80kpw.

Think Matip will sign a new contract, Lovren will be phased out. If Gomez stays fit he'll undoubtedly be VVDs long term partner. With Matip and an emerging van der berg making up the 4 as Lovren exits.
Outside of Milner who might go, the other 2 will leave imo.

Net spend about 20 mill a season to date under Klopp.

It is hard to know where the money is going !!
If not into a war chest, then it's a mystery.

Youth players will break through if they are good enough as Gomez and Trent have proved.
There seems to be an idea on the forum that buying top players dissuades young players from signing. But with all due respect imo that's utter tripe.

Think people are kidding themselves that all our youth players are going to be good enough to deputise regularly.

Not too arsed about the bad results in preseason. No Alisson, Keita Shaqiri or the front 3. But for the coming season and where we are now, imo it beggars belief if we dont add some top quality for the here and now.

Getting ahead of city is the opportunity we have, we could do it without additions. With a few quality additions we certainly get past them.

CCTV
28th July 2019, 08:02 PM
@Jenson

Yes - I believe he used to have the highest top speed of any player in our squad at training. His injuries are a huge worry, you're right.

His last one was a contact injury which is less worrisome. Hes got to protect himself better and watch out for nasty tackles .

Balinkay
28th July 2019, 11:16 PM
His last one was a contact injury which is less worrisome. Hes got to protect himself better and watch out for nasty tackles .

Could be - let's hope you're right. I love the kid.

CCTV
29th July 2019, 02:03 PM
Could be - let's hope you're right. I love the kid.

Me too, cracking player.

Nineteenx
30th July 2019, 04:01 AM

:D :D :D oooooh good one Bali, really made me chuckle there

Balinkay
30th July 2019, 07:14 AM
:D :D :D oooooh good one Bali, really made me chuckle there

I'm genuinely struggling to think of a better defender I've seen at his age. His injuries have stunted his development hugely, which is why he won't even be a starter this season apparently, but he's got everything he needs to become as good as Virgil.

justincredible
22nd August 2019, 04:11 PM
Some news on the ARE expansion from James Pearce today...

https://mobile.twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1164500216944439296

More here...

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2019/aug/22/liverpool-reveal-plan-to-increase-anfield-capacity-to-beyond-60000-football#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s

Aldo1988
22nd August 2019, 04:30 PM

More here...

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2019/aug/22/liverpool-reveal-plan-to-increase-anfield-capacity-to-beyond-60000-football#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&_tf=From%20%251%24s

2nd largest stadium outside of London if it goes ahead, we'll never catch the scum though when it comes to stadium capacity!

Steveo
22nd August 2019, 05:08 PM

More here...

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2019/aug/22/liverpool-reveal-plan-to-increase-anfield-capacity-to-beyond-60000-football#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&_tf=From%20%251%24s

Great news. I was encouraged before the summer that there was good development along these lines.. Can't happen soon enough IMO.

@ Aldo - Why can't we catch the scum on capacity... ?We bloody can.. Be great to have 80,000 fans at Anfield one day. Redevelop every stand - I know it isn't easy - but nothing is impossible...

Balinkay
22nd August 2019, 05:45 PM
Let's hope it's not just a tactic to appease the fans. I don't think it is, but you never know with businessmen.

It'd be great if it went ahead.

@steveo - pretty sure we could fill an 80k stadium to a decent degree most nights, but I'm not certain the infrastructure around the ground is up to scratch. Seem to remember that being a major issue during the planning phase of the previous renovation.

Aldo1988
22nd August 2019, 06:29 PM
Great news. I was encouraged before the summer that there was good development along these lines.. Can't happen soon enough IMO.

@ Aldo - Why can't we catch the scum on capacity... ?We bloody can.. Be great to have 80,000 fans at Anfield one day. Redevelop every stand - I know it isn't easy - but nothing is impossible...

It's possible but we already have trouble with properties around Anfield. I think tearing down the Kop and re-developing it will be bigger than the other 3 sides.

Steveo
22nd August 2019, 06:54 PM
Cantelever out over Walton Breck.. That’s my idea.. Would be cool to drive under a Massive Kop..! Be one hell of a sight.. Then match the heights on all 4 stands too.. make a behemoth of a ground - what an Anfield that would be..

Aldo1988
22nd August 2019, 07:43 PM
Cantelever out over Walton Breck.. That’s my idea.. Would be cool to drive under a Massive Kop..! Be one hell of a sight.. Then match the heights on all 4 stands too.. make a behemoth of a ground - what an Anfield that would be..

Agreed, seen some sketches a whole ago of the planned redevelopment of the whole stadium but they made it so the Kop was very, very steep!

redebreck
22nd August 2019, 10:18 PM
I would love to see an 80,000 Anfield in my lifetime, and would love to see it for my son (in his twenties).
As mentioned in one of the articles, transport will be a major issue. Trams ran in Liverpool up until the late 1950s, would like to see trams re-introduced and a service laid on for match days. There used to be a match day bus service from St. George's Hall
back in the 70s iirc - what happened to that?

justincredible
1st September 2019, 07:59 PM
Pep having an Anfield love in on Spanish TV...

https://youtu.be/pMaUF1ZkUZc

justincredible
10th September 2019, 09:52 PM
Some interesting stats here since the new stand was built 3 years ago....

https://www.liverpool.com/liverpool-fc-news/features/liverpool-anfield-main-stand-fsg-16892977.amp#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s

justincredible
21st November 2019, 10:39 AM
Good news....

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50501151

Steveo
21st November 2019, 11:24 AM
It’s good news if it happens - but currently seems to be taking an AGE just to get permission and agreement - and it’s STILL only “about 60,000’.

Obviously “about 60,000” - which means less than 60,000 in all likelihood - is better than 54,000 but It does seem to be an almighty struggle for the club and the city to reach any kind of solution for what is a SIMPLE sodding task.

Just build it and stop talking already... Should have been done eons ago

Balinkay
21st November 2019, 11:53 AM
I think the official reason for them moving it back is a combination of the academy moving to Kirkby (they don't want two concurrent big projects, which is understandable I guess) and that they wanted to push the capacity up. The old expansion plans only took it to slightly under 60k iirc. If they're serious about reevaluating them I expect a 62.5k+ capacity or a redesign that allows for cheaper further development. Think I'd be ok with both in all honesty.

Steveo
21st November 2019, 11:58 AM
Hope so Bali...

miller0863
21st November 2019, 03:56 PM
60,000 isn’t enough. There are still 20,000 or more on the season ticket waiting list, that wouldn’t even clear me off the list from 2002 ffs.

redebreck
21st November 2019, 04:48 PM
60,000 isn’t enough. There are still 20,000 or more on the season ticket waiting list, that wouldn’t even clear me off the list from 2002 ffs.

I can't even get on the waiting list FFS!

Taksin
21st November 2019, 05:22 PM

There are issues with policing and traffic in and around Anfield that limit the numbers, as I understand it. If you want a massive stadium it has to be a new build somewhere more remote. Why Everton are planning a stadium that is up against the river is beyond me.

miller0863
21st November 2019, 06:11 PM
I wouldn’t bother redebreck mate, I’ll have been on the list for 20 years by the time I get my tickets and that’s with 2 major ground extensions.

ianlfc
21st November 2019, 09:40 PM
A few games went on sale today for anyone with no credits. At one point there was over 100,000 waiting in the queue !!

miller0863
21st November 2019, 10:13 PM
As I said, 60,000 is not enough.

justincredible
22nd November 2019, 06:39 PM
I think the official reason for them moving it back is a combination of the academy moving to Kirkby (they don't want two concurrent big projects, which is understandable I guess) and that they wanted to push the capacity up. The old expansion plans only took it to slightly under 60k iirc. If they're serious about reevaluating them I expect a 62.5k+ capacity or a redesign that allows for cheaper further development. Think I'd be ok with both in all honesty.
https://youtu.be/TV3-eHOLeFw

Steveo
22nd November 2019, 07:25 PM
Didn't we used to sing 'The city is all ours' -

"fuck off to kirkby the city's all ours" ..

Hmm . Now the BS will have pride of place on the waterfront and we seem to be edging towards the sticks....woolly back territory..

As long as them fields at Melwood are given to the local community and not developers - it's all good.. Right.?

Ahh shiiish... only kidding like :D

Steveo
29th November 2019, 10:20 AM
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/nov/29/liverpool-anfield-expansion-plans-capacity

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/sport/liverpool-unveil-plans-to-add-7000-seats-to-anfield-road-stand/

This could be the best signing we make in a while..

Love the way it looks and 61,000 - that’s another 7,000 tickets available on match days and that famous Anfield atmosphere will get even better..

The Anfield Road stand has let the side down for decades... I know it has a cult following but it’s tiny and cramped.. This will really make a huge difference both aesthetically and more importantly to those desperate for tickets

We still need room for more but this is more like what I was expecting from an Anfield redevelopment..

Next up once this is done - submit plans for a Cantilevered Kop out over Walton Breck..! - Ok that last bit is my dream - but would be so cool...

Love it...

Aldo1988
29th November 2019, 12:08 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/nov/29/liverpool-anfield-expansion-plans-capacity

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/sport/liverpool-unveil-plans-to-add-7000-seats-to-anfield-road-stand/

This could be the best signing we make in a while..

Love the way it looks and 61,000 - that’s another 7,000 tickets available on match days and that famous Anfield atmosphere will get even better..

The Anfield Road stand has let the side down for decades... I know it has a cult following but it’s tiny and cramped.. This will really make a huge difference both aesthetically and more importantly to those desperate for tickets

We still need room for more but this is more like what I was expecting from an Anfield redevelopment..

Next up once this is done - submit plans for a Cantilevered Kop out over Walton Breck..! - Ok that last bit is my dream - but would be so cool...

Love it...

So the owners are great? ;)

Balinkay
29th November 2019, 12:14 PM

No, Anfield should have been at 100k by now and Klopp's been starved of funds! Try to keep up Aldo! :D

Steveo
29th November 2019, 12:19 PM

Not yet Aldo - lets have it built first. Then we can re evaluate.. :D

@Bali - 100K would be effing brilliant - put us in the Barcelona bracket.. In the voice of Kevin Keegan - And I would Love it - Love it if Anfield was bigger than Old Toilet..! Love it I would..

And they say - some men never grow up..

southernboy
29th November 2019, 12:39 PM
Looks great. I can't see us ever getting close to 100k... maybe 70k at a push.

Steveo
29th November 2019, 12:43 PM
Looks great. I can't see us ever getting close to 100k... maybe 70k at a push.

I know mate - 70k would be fantastic and about right in all honesty - 100k would be a dream... Imagine the noise.....

Balinkay
29th November 2019, 01:24 PM
It'd be amazing for sure. I don't know how logistically feasible it is in that part of the city without huge redesign of the transportation network.

I'm sure we'd fill the 100k no problem for big games, but Oxford United in the League Cup might be an issue.

ianlfc
29th November 2019, 02:02 PM
I know mate - 70k would be fantastic and about right in all honesty - 100k would be a dream... Imagine the noise.....

100,000 would be awful if you're up in the gods. They would be handing out binoculars and coats just to get through the 90 minutes.

Steveo
29th November 2019, 02:58 PM
100,000 would be awful if you're up in the gods. They would be handing out binoculars and coats just to get through the 90 minutes.

Yea - dreadful idea - look at Real and Barca - I bet they wish they could reduce the size of their grounds - what a handicap - imagine what Madrid might of won then eh... :D

Balinkay
29th November 2019, 03:12 PM
Wasn't there an odd stat that they failed to properly fill them up most match days?

Steveo
29th November 2019, 03:20 PM
I bet they do - it is too big in all truth.. Barca are actually expanding again to over 105,000 - they don’t fill the Camp nou much at all... Seems crazy but they are going ahead

Interesting though isn’t it - would you want a ground that was always full because half the people wanting tickets couldn’t get in OR would you rather have a stadium that at times wasn’t full but that could accommodate many more fans for certain games and at times when demand was high.?

Dortmund seem to do it best - loads of seats at good prices.. EDIT this is old but still

https://www.stadiumguide.com/figures-and-statistics/lists/europes-highest-attendances/

This is newer - post new main stand

https://www.90min.com/posts/4749118-the-25-most-visited-stadiums-in-europe-s-top-flight-leagues-this-season-by-average-attendence

Balinkay
29th November 2019, 07:08 PM
The BVB is a hugely beloved club in Germany. Neutrals like them too. I have a lot of time for them and their fans.

ianlfc
29th November 2019, 08:37 PM
Yea - dreadful idea - look at Real and Barca - I bet they wish they could reduce the size of their grounds - what a handicap - imagine what Madrid might of won then eh... :D

I'm talking about being a supporter in the ground up in the gods. I very much doubt you would feel any great atmosphere watching the match 50 metres from the pitch.

Steveo
29th November 2019, 08:42 PM
I know Ian - but people do watch games from that elevation. It’s not a new phenomena... You stick a few corporate toff’s and the away fans up there... Still. Ether than some of the restricted view seats at the ground today..

You do also know that I was never suggesting or expecting a 100k Anfield don’t you? But something in the 70’s isn’t WILDY over ambitious.. Is it?? You know - like that other football club just down the east Lancs road that speculated to accumulate...?

ianlfc
29th November 2019, 09:04 PM
3 sides of Anfield is perfect, only the Anfield rd feels small and out of place. Get it right and the whole stadium will be perfect. No doubt they will be looking to incorporate restaurants , bars and corporate boxes within the stand which will keep the money people happy.

fiordearg
29th November 2019, 09:11 PM
Great news.

southernboy
29th November 2019, 11:12 PM
I'm talking about being a supporter in the ground up in the gods. I very much doubt you would feel any great atmosphere watching the match 50 metres from the pitch.

I concur having been in the away section at Newcastle :o

Steveo
2nd December 2019, 11:25 AM
The new ARE plans look bloomin marvelous. Can't wait... please make it happen...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjVWCQH_etk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjVWCQH_etk

As Klopp's Scouse uncle says though congestion around the ground is already a joke - getting home after a game is ridiculous and I can only imagine how I would feel if I lived anywhere close. The City council need to pull their finger out now - Build a sodding station FFS - 2 huge clubs right there and no public transport infrastructure worth talking about.. No wonder the city has lost so much - get off your arses and invest in your own city..The waterfront is not the only place that matters...!!

miller0863
2nd December 2019, 02:23 PM
Absolutely spot on mate.

justme
2nd December 2019, 02:37 PM
I watched an interview yesterday. the capacity will take the club up to 3rd in the list in England behind old toilet and Spurs new ground. and the design looks amazing.
Am glad the owners didn't go along with building a new stadium.Like was planned by the cowboys previously..Anfield in LFC's home.
Just like Highbury was Arsenals home. Buy they decided to move so did Tottenham.

Taksin
2nd December 2019, 05:37 PM
I don't understand why they have the big grey bits in the corners

Steveo
2nd December 2019, 06:33 PM
They can always fill in the corners at a later date adding even more seats.. There is something quite nice and olde worlde about separate stands but It would be nice to have corners filled in maybe just between the new Main Stand - ARE & Centenary ( SKD ) - leaving the Kop separate for future expansion out over the main road behind.. Towering upwards another 150 feet... Has to remain single tier though.

Taksin
3rd December 2019, 02:43 PM
They can always fill in the corners at a later date adding even more seats.. There is something quite nice and olde worlde about separate stands but It would be nice to have corners filled in maybe just between the new Main Stand - ARE & Centenary ( SKD ) - leaving the Kop separate for future expansion out over the main road behind.. Towering upwards another 150 feet... Has to remain single tier though.

I don’t think there’s much room to expand backwards with the Kop. Being single tier is an extravagance of sorts. Its already quite far back at the top row there so I don’t see it going further up and outwards. Standing areas is one possibility if they ever become acceptable again.
The corner bits could be used in various ways but the grey boxes look a bit unimaginative if that’s actually what they’re planning.

Balinkay
3rd December 2019, 04:44 PM
I think I remember reading once that the Kop can't really be expanded, but rather has to be completely destroyed and rebuilt because of the way it was designed. Which would apparently cost exorbitant amounts of money.

If it were rebuilt bigger and better, would people be okay with the change?

Taksin
3rd December 2019, 05:04 PM
No I think being single tier is important and adds atmosphere. Atmosphere is worth a lot and worth more than a theoretical number of seats that takes our capacity above whichever rival you’re most concerned with.
Remember Juve rebuilt their stadium with 46,000 or close to it. Deliberately limiting the number of seats. There are good reasons for doing that.
I think we need more numbers but probably less than everyone thinks. Ideally it needs to be filled every game. Never any empty seats.
My own theory is that there is an unknown threshold whereby everyone starts handing back their season tickets. At the moment, no one hands them back in because there’s always someone who wants a ticket. So you get favours in return and you can go once or twice a season if you fancy.
Start having to pay on nights when you’re not there and the seat is empty and it becomes less attractive.

redebreck
3rd December 2019, 09:03 PM
No I think being single tier is important and adds atmosphere. Atmosphere is worth a lot and worth more than a theoretical number of seats that takes our capacity above whichever rival you’re most concerned with.
Remember Juve rebuilt their stadium with 46,000 or close to it. Deliberately limiting the number of seats. There are good reasons for doing that.
I think we need more numbers but probably less than everyone thinks. Ideally it needs to be filled every game. Never any empty seats.
My own theory is that there is an unknown threshold whereby everyone starts handing back their season tickets. At the moment, no one hands them back in because there’s always someone who wants a ticket. So you get favours in return and you can go once or twice a season if you fancy.
Start having to pay on nights when you’re not there and the seat is empty and it becomes less attractive.

The club has a "ticket exchange" programme I believe, that allows season ticket holders to, in effect, sell their seats for individual games. If you look on the official site, there's some info on how it works. I think.

Steveo
3rd December 2019, 09:12 PM
I don’t think there’s much room to expand backwards with the Kop. Being single tier is an extravagance of sorts. Its already quite far back at the top row there so I don’t see it going further up and outwards. Standing areas is one possibility if they ever become acceptable again.
The corner bits could be used in various ways but the grey boxes look a bit unimaginative if that’s actually what they’re planning.

Indeed - the Kop idea is just my own pipe dream. It’s not really feasible with Walton Breck right behind and almost touching where it meets what was the Kemlyn road. The Kop will likely stay as is - but we could fill in the grey corners actually all the corners in truth - once the new ARE is done that would probably take the capacity well up around 65/68k - which is very decent.

justincredible
7th January 2020, 02:44 PM
More news on the ARE.....

https://amp.breakingnews.ie/sport/soccer/liverpool-revise-their-plans-for-the-redevelopment-of-the-anfield-road-end-973935.html

southernboy
7th January 2020, 02:59 PM
I rarely venture to the Anfield Road End, but did on Sunday for the blues in the family. It's not going to be easy to reroute Anfield Road around the proposed new stand. There's not much room at the 'corners'. It'll be interesting to see what they come up with, but cutting the road in two was never an option.

Balinkay
7th January 2020, 05:46 PM
I rarely venture to the Anfield Road End, but did on Sunday for the blues in the family. It's not going to be easy to reroute Anfield Road around the proposed new stand. There's not much room at the 'corners'. It'll be interesting to see what they come up with, but cutting the road in two was never an option.

I don't think they're rerouting, sb. Think it's just going to be snapped in the middle and turn into two dead end streets either side of the expanded stand.

Nineteenx
7th January 2020, 06:10 PM
Need to continuing expanding Anfield and get it up to at least 70k capacity as soon as possible

Steveo
7th January 2020, 06:23 PM
Need to continuing expanding Anfield and get it up to at least 70k capacity as soon as possible

100% agree.

redebreck
7th January 2020, 06:32 PM

Off the top of my head, I believe our highest ever attendance was around 60 - 61,000 when it was mostly terracing. This was back in the 1950s or 1960s I think.

southernboy
7th January 2020, 06:45 PM
I don't think they're rerouting, sb. Think it's just going to be snapped in the middle and turn into two dead end streets either side of the expanded stand.

After the first consultation, the locals have objected to dead end idea. The club have agreed to reroute it. From the article on the offal:

A small number of local residents raised concerns about the proposed closure of a section of Anfield Road. The revised plans, which will be available to the public in early February, will include a new proposal for Anfield Road to remain open with the road realigned around the footprint of the proposed expanded stand.

miller0863
7th January 2020, 07:21 PM
I’m not sure we’d get planning for 70,000, we would have to massively upgrade the whole transport infrastructure. Getting that many people in and out of the area would place real pressure on local roads, it’s bad enough now.

Steveo
7th January 2020, 07:29 PM
The area is desperate for public transport - this is the real issue. Once again it is the Liverpool city council making it almost impossible for the city to move forward. I have moaned at FSG over a lack of will to expand in the past and I was pointing the finger in the wrong direction - it’s about time the procrastinators at city hall saw fit to bring - fit for purpose - public transport to the Anfield area.. it’s a crying shame that in 2020 there is STILL no passenger train service within miles of Anfield or Goodison.

In my best Victor Meldrew voice - Unbelievable

Taksin
7th January 2020, 08:39 PM
Why stop at 70,000? Here’s some historical attendance records..

HAMPDEN PARK - GLASGOW, SCOTLAND (OFFICIAL ATTENDANCE: 136,505)
Celtic v Leeds, European Cup Semi-Final 2nd Leg, 1970

HAMPDEN PARK - GLASGOW, SCOTLAND (OFFICIAL ATTENDANCE: 149,547)
Scotland v England, Home International Championship, 1937

HAMPDEN PARK - GLASGOW, SCOTLAND (OFFICIAL ATTENDANCE: 147,365)
Celtic v Aberdeen, Scottish Cup Final, 1937

MARACANA STADIUM - RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL (OFFICIAL ATTENDANCE: 199,854)
Brazil v Uruguay, World Cup Final, 1950

WEMBLEY STADIUM - LONDON, ENGLAND (OFFICIAL ATTENDANCE: 126,047)
Bolton Wanderers v West Ham United, FA Cup Final, 1923

There used to be massive numbers attending big games many decades ago. Things have changed. There’s no real reason to favour 70,000 over 65,000 other than the pride of the competitive statistician. We need to have an amazing stadium with as good an atmosphere as possible. It has to work within the cramped setting that makes Anfield so special and it has to allow the turf to grow as it currently does, creating a small slice of heaven that flourishes right through the winter.

I was in Scotland for the old firm clash last week and Celtic have introduced standing sections for the ultras. They work really well. They looked like they can be expanded to
me too. I’d favour that kind of change if possible but not sure whether it’d ever happen for obvious reasons.

Nineteenx
7th January 2020, 08:53 PM
The area is desperate for public transport - this is the real issue. Once again it is the Liverpool city council making it almost impossible for the city to move forward. I have moaned at FSG over a lack of will to expand in the past and I was pointing the finger in the wrong direction - it’s about time the procrastinators at city hall saw fit to bring - fit for purpose - public transport to the Anfield area.. it’s a crying shame that in 2020 there is STILL no passenger train service within miles of Anfield or Goodison.

In my best Victor Meldrew voice - Unbelievable

I think the club should work with the council and help develop the City's relevant transport system as part of it

Taksin
7th January 2020, 09:06 PM
I think the club should work with the council and help develop the City's relevant transport system as part of it

They are doing that.. I don't know enough of the details but I'd imagine the council have something to learn from the Americans' approach. The owners, sadly, will be looking to make their investment as valuable as possible which will mean constructing the highest quality stadium possible. Wether it's because they recognise the value of tradition and atmosphere, or because they don't want to disrupt progress on the pitch which they think also increases value, they have settled on doing that without changing Anfield beyond recognition. No one mentions naming rights very often (if ever) in these discussions but there has never been a threat of having our stadium named after a company that we have good reason to hate. It's an obvious blessing that FSG have bestowed upon us, so it would appear. You might say there's some advantage to them in respecting that desire from the fans - the 'This is Anfield' legend would be rendered absurd if it became 'This is Etihad' - but perhaps its another reason to be thankful we don't have Spurs' billion dollar stadium which is shortly to be named something stupid.. even if they do have a few thousand more in there than us. Anyone feel thankful for that?

southernboy
7th January 2020, 09:16 PM
Why stop at 70,000? Here’s some historical attendance records..

HAMPDEN PARK - GLASGOW, SCOTLAND (OFFICIAL ATTENDANCE: 136,505)
Celtic v Leeds, European Cup Semi-Final 2nd Leg, 1970

HAMPDEN PARK - GLASGOW, SCOTLAND (OFFICIAL ATTENDANCE: 149,547)
Scotland v England, Home International Championship, 1937

HAMPDEN PARK - GLASGOW, SCOTLAND (OFFICIAL ATTENDANCE: 147,365)
Celtic v Aberdeen, Scottish Cup Final, 1937

MARACANA STADIUM - RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL (OFFICIAL ATTENDANCE: 199,854)
Brazil v Uruguay, World Cup Final, 1950

WEMBLEY STADIUM - LONDON, ENGLAND (OFFICIAL ATTENDANCE: 126,047)
Bolton Wanderers v West Ham United, FA Cup Final, 1923

There used to be massive numbers attending big games many decades ago. Things have changed. There’s no real reason to favour 70,000 over 65,000 other than the pride of the competitive statistician. We need to have an amazing stadium with as good an atmosphere as possible. It has to work within the cramped setting that makes Anfield so special and it has to allow the turf to grow as it currently does, creating a small slice of heaven that flourishes right through the winter.

I was in Scotland for the old firm clash last week and Celtic have introduced standing sections for the ultras. They work really well. They looked like they can be expanded to
me too. I’d favour that kind of change if possible but not sure whether it’d ever happen for obvious reasons.

Not sure we’ll ever see standing sections in this country again, like you said, for obvious reasons. There should be a conversation about safe standing areas. Everyone stands at games, but it’s safe because of the ticket allocation and the seats creating natural barriers. The perching seats seem to be a good compromise. I hope this isn’t too controversial.

Balinkay
7th January 2020, 09:25 PM
Off the top of my head, I believe our highest ever attendance was around 60 - 61,000 when it was mostly terracing. This was back in the 1950s or 1960s I think.

I think it was against Wolves.

After the first consultation, the locals have objected to dead end idea. The club have agreed to reroute it. From the article on the offal:

A small number of local residents raised concerns about the proposed closure of a section of Anfield Road. The revised plans, which will be available to the public in early February, will include a new proposal for Anfield Road to remain open with the road realigned around the footprint of the proposed expanded stand.

Aaah, cheers, mate. Hadn't looked at that article.

Edit: @rb it was indeed against Wolves - 61,90 v Wolverhampton Wanderers, FA Cup fourth round, 2 February 1952.

justincredible
3rd March 2020, 09:00 AM
Planning application for the ARE to be submitted this month...

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/389050-second-stage-consultation-on-anfield-road-expansion-concludes

ianlfc
3rd March 2020, 11:57 AM
Hopefully everyone sitting in the new stand gets the experience of seeing all the kop and main stand. Sadly at the minute there's not much of a view from the back of the lower tier.
Though as I've been told before, at least it's in the ground.

Steveo
3rd March 2020, 12:37 PM
Hopefully everyone sitting in the new stand gets the experience of seeing all the kop and main stand. Sadly at the minute there's not much of a view from the back of the lower tier.
Though as I've been told before, at least it's in the ground.

Judging by the side profile of the proposed new Anfield road design, sight lines will be much improved - especially at the back of the lower tier.. Second tier will start much much further back.. Right now the it is currently like a Loftus Road stand - belongs to a much smaller stadium.. It's tiny - the second tier overlaps massively - the stand is crammed way beyond its' initial design and a bit of joke - claustrophobic even..

The proposed new stand will really make Anfield's design worthy of its history.. Fingers crossed..

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/bb/70/f0/bb70f0b724933289c14611599e529541.jpg

southernboy
3rd March 2020, 02:43 PM
Thanks Steveo. I've been in the Anfield Road End a few times and it is small, but I didn't realise how small until I saw those drawings.

Steveo
3rd March 2020, 03:42 PM
Yep it is deceptive when viewed from inside the ground or in the stand itself (though cramped ). The roof makes it feel far bigger than it is. I always cringe a little when seeing it from Anfield road or the park behind - looks so small. From outside the ground you really get a sense of how out of proportion it is.. Bit of a cult stand tho but Anfield will be even more Anfield if/when the latest plans come to fruition.

Insidious
3rd March 2020, 04:11 PM
Looks promising.

Key thing is to win League titles and European Cups in it.

Nineteenx
3rd March 2020, 04:37 PM
Looks promising.

Key thing is to win League titles and European Cups in it.

Absolutely

ianlfc
3rd March 2020, 06:46 PM
Cheers Steveo, that would be fantastic. Personally I'm not a fan of sitting behind the goal, either kop or Annie road. I've been up in the Main stand a few times including pretty high and It was a great view. So If it's the same designer then it should be a fantastic job.

Nineteenx
3rd March 2020, 08:20 PM
Cheers Steveo, that would be fantastic. Personally I'm not a fan of sitting behind the goal, either kop or Annie road. I've been up in the Main stand a few times including pretty high and It was a great view. So If it's the same designer then it should be a fantastic job.

I'm not a fan of sitting behind the goal either, about half way up and half way across the main stand was my preferred place to watch games too

justincredible
31st July 2020, 11:00 AM
Peter 'no' Moore.....

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53606071

miller0863
7th June 2021, 01:30 PM
Just get on with it ffs

“Liverpool FC are set to get the green light for their planned expansion of Anfield, with the Liverpool City Council recommending its application.

The plan to extend the Anfield Road End by 7,000 additional seats, taking Anfield’s new capacity to circa 61,000, will go before the planning committee next week (15 June) and the council’s head of planning has recommended that the application be granted.“

southernboy
7th June 2021, 01:53 PM
It's a shame we didn't get our heads together with the authorities and get this done during BCD. I'm actually surprised we're still going ahead with it now given the lost revenue over the last year.

miller0863
7th June 2021, 02:55 PM
Common sense???

Hahahaha. Yeah right.

justme
7th June 2021, 05:11 PM
They money for the expansion is coming out of the clubs finances, The owners won't pay out of their pocket..
All the money we pay out for contracts and so on. means we have none left even though we are one of the richest clubs on earth. The extra money belongs to the owners

LFC-DPG
7th June 2021, 08:21 PM
They money for the expansion is coming out of the clubs finances, The owners won't pay out of their pocket..
All the money we pay out for contracts and so on. means we have none left even though we are one of the richest clubs on earth. The extra money belongs to the owners

Exactly, they’ll just take out another loan against the club.

jozza800
8th June 2021, 04:08 PM
It's a shame we didn't get our heads together with the authorities and get this done during BCD. I'm actually surprised we're still going ahead with it now given the lost revenue over the last year.

This sort of thing should have been carried out up and down the country over the last year. It would have been perfect time to fix roads, carry out building works etc.

scientificred
8th June 2021, 05:32 PM
This sort of thing should have been carried out up and down the country over the last year. It would have been perfect time to fix roads, carry out building works etc.

Maybe Covid restrictions made it difficult.
Still shows some degree of planning from the owners whereas I can't see full capacity or income being realised over the next year or two!

sydenham red
9th June 2021, 11:37 AM
Article says Anny Rd holds 9000, imo club should suspend tickets sales to members during the build and move any ST holders out of the AR to elsewhere. I doubt they will do that as they sell so many of those memberships worldwide that give a lot of people the faint hope of getting a tkt in the late notice sale. Unless they are allowed to reduce the away supporters % then ST holders could miss out on games.

redebreck
9th June 2021, 02:00 PM

Too sensible by half

Insidious
11th June 2021, 07:24 PM
Saw a pic online of a digger, suggests preliminary work is starting?

Any of you local lads able to update occasionally as you pass by?

ianlfc
11th June 2021, 07:47 PM
[QUOTE=Insidious;2706777]Saw a pic online of a digger,
/QUOTE]

I really hope it was around the back. ( I hope you got the reference )

southernboy
11th June 2021, 08:57 PM
https://i.ibb.co/gjQrtM3/48-FFD75-C-BD76-45-C1-BAAA-C7598-E90-FC1-D.jpg (https://ibb.co/vwfcLxH)

southernboy
11th June 2021, 09:16 PM
https://i.ibb.co/MgpC7RZ/8-EA0-B45-C-7181-43-AC-A55-F-9-E38-FE392-DC9.jpg (https://ibb.co/10KmT97)

miller0863
12th June 2021, 10:17 AM
I can almost smell those season tickets….

justme
12th June 2021, 10:46 AM
Best two decisions FSG ever made was employing Klopp and obviously staying at Anfield.. The club would have lost its identity moving..Anfield is LFCS soul.

miller0863
12th June 2021, 10:57 AM
Absolutely. So many memories for me, stretching back to 1970.

ianlfc
15th June 2021, 10:26 PM
It's all systems go, And the pictures look stunning . Anfield just gets better and better .

Nineteenx
15th June 2021, 10:55 PM
It's all systems go, And the pictures look stunning . Anfield just gets better and better .

Yep and they've added more to what the club gives to the community and surrounding area AND themselves obviously :D by making the design purpose built to be able to hold concerts (took their time mind, I only suggested that prior to them buying the club :D), good for local jobs and businesses as well as club revenue

Edit: I did also suggest that they work with the local council and put some club money into redeveloping and rejuvinating the surrounding area and transport links as part of the redevelopment process, so they're a little bit behind ;)

Steveo
15th June 2021, 11:00 PM
It will be great if/when the proposed new Anfield road stand is built.

It’s very close to my heart that stand. That road - which will be re routed. My late mother used to teach in the school almost in the shadow of the old stand - which was pretty new at the time but just a single tier.

To see it merge with the new Main stand and join the Centenery/SKD will be quite something.

Steveo
16th June 2021, 08:26 AM
Thinking one step ahead. IF the SKD could be a mirror of the New Main stand - then we have a fantastic incarnation of Anfield - fit for purpose and ready to look forward rather than back. The stadium would look balanced and modern while still retaining its classic features and the Kop….

That’s my dream anyway. Get that extra 10,000 in facing the main stand - linked by the new Annie road end… around 70,000 and we are set…

sydenham red
16th June 2021, 01:17 PM
I've a feeling they will stick on 61,000 as that apparently is the threshold for capacity over which the club has to finance (all or part) of a transport system to/from another hub/city centre. Cant see FSG going for that when they want to pay for players over 3-4 instalments etc. Big construction rarely come in on budget and the companies want paying as soon as they start work and all the way through.

Prob a good thing fat Joe the greedy mayor and his cohorts are out of the picture as regards plannig, any red tape, contract awards and pricing etc though.

Steveo
16th June 2021, 01:47 PM
Yep this has been the big stumbling block for eons. Needs to be a rail station within a 5/10 minute walk. With the BS set to sod off to Bramley Moore though - things could change for better or worse on that issue.

miller0863
16th June 2021, 02:58 PM
Probably for the worse as any new train station would have serviced both grounds, whereas now it would just be for Anfield