PDA

View Full Version : Bobby

Aldo1988
23rd August 2019, 07:58 PM
Doesn't get much credit for what he does (I admit that I wanted him dropped/rested during a period last season) but big Virgil has named him as the best player he has ever played with. May not get the goals but is as important to our play as the other two irreplaceables up front.

Kev0909
23rd August 2019, 08:05 PM
without him the front 3 doesn't work

that's how important he is, he's incredible best #9 in the world without a doubt.

Has his moments where he's frustrating misses a easy chance etc.. then comes up with something brilliant anyway.

faridtoxteth
23rd August 2019, 08:31 PM
He is the fulcrum of the team. Look at how the team changed last week when he came on at half time. He's got everything. Skills, second to none. Tenacity, he is really tough. Unselfish. the hardest working player in the team. Great attitude. And a whole repertoire of mad goal celebrations.

eggy81
23rd August 2019, 08:39 PM
Hes just unbelievable. It was an eye opener to see him in the flesh at Anfield against Norwich. Supremely talented player.

Aldo1988
23rd August 2019, 09:00 PM
Sometimes get pissed of when his flicks don't work but until you've seen his whole contribution to our play, you'll never know what he does for the way we play.

stevie harkness
23rd August 2019, 09:43 PM
Every time someone starts a thread about a particular player the day before or after a big match I think the worst, I'm still recovering from the Van Dijk thread last week.

Insidious
23rd August 2019, 10:01 PM
Normally starts the season a little slowly and grows into it.

This time seems to be starting out on fire.

I'm sure there will be a dip in form at some point this season as he's only human, but no matter.

Just enjoy him, Mane and Salah while they're here - they're all 27 at present (Firmino turns 28 in October) and we know how FSG aim to do things - get the most from them, sell just after the "peak" while still high value, invest in young versions.

He is an absolute joy to watch. Doubt he'll finish his career with us, but I'd love it if he did.

Balinkay
23rd August 2019, 10:28 PM
As Sid once put it: "[he doesn't] play in Klopp's system, he is the system!". What we do just doesn't work without him. He's the best defenisive forward in the world. I love him to bits. He's like the mad child of Kuyt and Benayoun! He's got the Brazillian flare, but with some German discipline. Absolutely sublime player. Good thing the likes of Barca and Real are idiots and won't go for him as he's not flashy enough.

eggy81
23rd August 2019, 11:25 PM
I think hes very like Suarez. Lacking the finishing but most other aspects are similar. Probably more creative and less selfish.

Aldo1988
23rd August 2019, 11:47 PM
Question is, did Jurgen alway have that roll in mind or did Bobby create that roll for Jurgen? Lewa was a completely different player to Bobby.

Steveo
24th August 2019, 12:13 AM
I think hes very like Suarez. Lacking the finishing but most other aspects are similar. Probably more creative and less selfish.

Yep - the finishing is noticeably weaker but the work rate arguably higher and he does so much other work for the team.

Imagine playing a team and being told before kick off it had 3 Bobby Firmino's in it.. ? Talk about beaten before you started. The guy is like a machine..

Balinkay
24th August 2019, 08:01 AM
Think Suarez had an insane workrate for us as well, just got fat lazy and old after his move to Barca. Especially in recent years.

Aldo1988
24th August 2019, 08:42 AM
I think his work rate is becuaes he started out as a midfielder.

Balinkay
24th August 2019, 09:01 AM
Yes, I seem to remember him playing as an AM in a 4-2-3-1 at Hoffe. That's one of the most demanding positions on the pitch if that formation, which was so fashionable some years ago.

RedNoodle
24th August 2019, 08:18 PM
Does Bobby get enough credit for all that he does for the team as well our gelling our attack? For me, no. ;)

miller0863
24th August 2019, 08:26 PM
See what you did there Noods, decent effort.

Bobby rarely gets the credit his incredible talent is due. As a CF too many people get hung up on goals scored as a pure measurement of ability but Bobby’s abilities transcend just goal scoring. He is an incredibly talented footballer and we are incredibly privileged to have him.
There just aren’t enough superlatives.

LFC-DPG
24th August 2019, 08:31 PM
I agree and I think Salah and Mane benefit massively by Bobby’s link up play. He’s probably one of the first names on the team sheet

HLOGI
24th August 2019, 09:02 PM
Does Bobby get enough credit for all that he does for the team as well our gelling our attack? For me, no. ;)

The world is starting to notice. He has taken the position to another level. I feel the way he plays the number 9 is as unique as how Makalele used to play the 6. It is not a false 9. It is a 8,9,10. So he does 3 things in attack for us depending on what his required. He knows when to come deep and when to stretch it. Then he is a terrier in defence.

HLOGI
24th August 2019, 09:05 PM

Bobby rarely gets the credit his incredible talent is due. As a CF too many people get hung up on goals scored as a pure measurement of ability but Bobby’s abilities transcend just goal scoring. He is an incredibly talented footballer and we are incredibly privileged to have him.

Agree. But he has now lifted his game as a goalscorer as well. I have noticed thay he is shooting more without actually looking selfish. We have so many key man now but when he is on the park it is massive. Think AB, VVD, Fabinho and the front 3 and Robbo are arguably now the best in their positions in the league possibly world. IMO.

Aldo1988
24th August 2019, 09:20 PM
That flick up then sjot in the first half was beautiful, shame it was blocked.

miller0863
24th August 2019, 09:20 PM
Be an absolute crying shame if this team doesn’t win at least one Premier League title.

Nineteenx
24th August 2019, 11:35 PM

Agree with every word of that top top player

Joetan991
27th August 2019, 03:01 AM
Always my best player of the front 3

1) Bobby
2) Mane
3) Salah

ianlfc
14th September 2019, 03:57 PM
He's undroppable , I've seen him called the 'Brazilian Dalglish ' that's some comparison and hard to argue with his performances over the last year.

miller0863
14th September 2019, 05:22 PM
I love Bobby and Sadio, hope they both play for us till they’re in their mid thirties.

Nineteenx
15th September 2019, 09:28 PM
I think were yet to see the very best of Bobby, he's always been brilliant, but I think we're going to see him right at the very top of his game producing pure magic even more in games and far more consistently. He's started this season better than ever and i think he's entering his absolute peak 3 or 4 seasons

Clungeman
16th September 2019, 09:56 AM
I'm reasonably sure that Bobby attended the Xavier School for Gifted Children when he was younger, he must have an extra eye or two somewhere because he sees things than normal human beings can't.

Aldo1988
16th September 2019, 03:35 PM
Bobby's been done by the rozzers...

https://tomkinstimes.com/2019/09/breaking-news-roberto-firmino-arrested/?fbclid=IwAR0bHkQgMZiCpEm_nFgT2GzHrrxrriLPZ5IeHtwq nmKOxkJDQiEXZX4YptI

Balinkay
16th September 2019, 04:30 PM
Again? :D

miller0863
16th September 2019, 07:13 PM
Hahahaha

CCTV
2nd October 2019, 02:04 PM
6vQuhHn0tKQ

ianlfc
14th November 2020, 05:07 PM
without him the front 3 doesn't work

that's how important he is, he's incredible best #9 in the world without a doubt.

Has his moments where he's frustrating misses a easy chance etc.. then comes up with something brilliant anyway.

Sorry Kev but was bored and went back to last year to see how the forum viewed Bobby.

Balinkay
14th November 2020, 05:22 PM
Hahahhahaa, genuinely lolled at that. :D Nice one, ian.

ianlfc
14th November 2020, 05:28 PM
Hahahhahaa, genuinely lolled at that. :D Nice one, ian.

Opinions change. My opinion on him wasn't great before Jurgen got him going. Though it's good to see Kev at least enjoyed his time as the best no9 in the world 🌎

Kev0909
14th November 2020, 05:41 PM
Sorry Kev but was bored and went back to last year to see how the forum viewed Bobby.

Haha funny

There's no doubt about it I use to be a big fan of bobby, I obviously cursed him because since then he's stunk the place out and he's been carried and coasted through games.

Which is why it's so frustrating because he can be amazing but... apart from some very rare glimpses it's all gone number of times i've said there's a player there he obviously needs a rest or something.

If he was always shit, it wouldn't bother me so much, because you don't expect anything different now you can tell the difference though without him playing we wasn't anywhere near as good upfront, now you can't really tell that, there's not been many chances we've been able to see the difference, only 1 or 2 games but still, he doesn't have that much of a impact on the team anymore sadly, because he probably needs a long rest which he's never given- I wouldn't be surprised if he's injured next from over-playing

At the time he was the best at what he does, not now though, don't think he would be if he got back to his "best" things change fast in football.

Balinkay
14th November 2020, 05:57 PM
Opinions change. My opinion on him wasn't great before Jurgen got him going. Though it's good to see Kev at least enjoyed his time as the best no9 in the world ��

Amen to that. Still pretty funny though, considering his recent one-man crusade against our boy. :D

Kev0909
14th November 2020, 06:46 PM
Amen to that. Still pretty funny though, considering his recent one-man crusade against our boy. :D

"One man crusade?" do you live under a rock? Blind?

"our boy"

you're a "boy"

Balinkay
14th November 2020, 07:05 PM
"One man crusade?" do you live under a rock? Blind?

"our boy"

you're a "boy"

Considering all the regulations over here these days I might as well be! :D

ianlfc
14th November 2020, 07:29 PM
Haha funny

There's no doubt about it I use to be a big fan of bobby, I obviously cursed him because since then he's stunk the place out and he's been carried and coasted through games.

Which is why it's so frustrating because he can be amazing but... apart from some very rare glimpses it's all gone number of times i've said there's a player there he obviously needs a rest or something.

If he was always shit, it wouldn't bother me so much, because you don't expect anything different now you can tell the difference though without him playing we wasn't anywhere near as good upfront, now you can't really tell that, there's not been many chances we've been able to see the difference, only 1 or 2 games but still, he doesn't have that much of a impact on the team anymore sadly, because he probably needs a long rest which he's never given- I wouldn't be surprised if he's injured next from over-playing

At the time he was the best at what he does, not now though, don't think he would be if he got back to his "best" things change fast in football.

His portrait will be back up above your fireplace before the seasons out !!

teesred
14th November 2020, 08:03 PM
Naughty Ian.