PDA

View Full Version : AJ vs Ruiz II

toneata
2nd December 2019, 05:22 PM
Is Ruiz going to drop AJ again?

I've seen a few 'pundit' shows where they analyse the fight but I don't know if its 'Boxers union' speak but nobody says what we've always known.......Joshua doesn't have a chin.

Nice guy, incredible athlete but he'll always give a puncher a chance.

Saying that, I can't see Ruiz doing it again, Joshua's fighting for his career now.

LEGS
2nd December 2019, 09:19 PM
I expect Joshua to be better this time as something was not right last time regardless of what spin Hearn put on it.

Maybe took Ruiz lightly who knows but imo Ruiz is a better boxer than Big Baby Miller who he was meant to fight.

im going AJ 60/40 in this fight just a gut feel really as you say his career is potentially on the line.

stevie harkness
6th December 2019, 09:37 PM
I don't think anyone is taking Ruiz 'lightly', he's weighed in at one stone heavier than last time they met!

LEGS
6th December 2019, 10:46 PM
I don't think anyone is taking Ruiz 'lightly', he's weighed in at one stone heavier than last time they met!

🤣

ianlfc
7th December 2019, 02:15 PM
I can see the little big man throwing one over the shoulder again and landing on AJ.

teesred
7th December 2019, 05:50 PM
AJ all the way. Im hoping he shuts up the doubters and takes those belts back.
Took his eye off things last time, focused now so should be routine.

toneata
7th December 2019, 08:56 PM
Ring walk about 8:30pm .........that's a bonus.

ianlfc
7th December 2019, 09:20 PM
There's a complete lack off atmosphere, something we havn't seen for a while in boxing.

LEGS
7th December 2019, 09:37 PM
Totally agree Ian.

They have took the $$$$ and this place has no business hosting sporting events but we all know why they do.

toneata
7th December 2019, 09:50 PM
Is there much atmosphere in US fight venues?, at the big UK ones it seems everyone just gets pissed up and sings like it's darts at the ally pally. Agree that it shouldn't have even been considered but I don't blame them for taking what is probably double the purse of anywhere else..............Joshua's getting £60m!

ianlfc
7th December 2019, 10:08 PM
Is there much atmosphere in US fight venues?, at the big UK ones it seems everyone just gets pissed up and sings like it's darts at the ally pally. Agree that it shouldn't have even been considered but I don't blame them for taking what is probably double the purse of anywhere else..............Joshua's getting £60m!

Fuck off !!! £60 million? Holy shit.

toneata
7th December 2019, 10:27 PM
Joshua looking fast.

ianlfc
7th December 2019, 10:35 PM
Tubs coming back into this.

toneata
7th December 2019, 10:41 PM
No fireworks yet, Joshua must be ahead on points.

toneata
7th December 2019, 10:43 PM
Don't think I've ever seen Joshua move this much before.

toneata
7th December 2019, 10:53 PM
Ruiz going to have to start swinging soon.

toneata
7th December 2019, 10:56 PM
This is like Rocky III without the knockout, Joshua dancing rings round Ruiz. Still only takes one punch to change this though.

ianlfc
7th December 2019, 11:01 PM
This is like Rocky III without the knockout, Joshua dancing rings round Ruiz. Still only takes one punch to change this though.
Ruiz I think is going all in on the 12th.

ianlfc
7th December 2019, 11:07 PM
Ruiz couldn't get at him at all.

toneata
7th December 2019, 11:08 PM
How the hell did he do that for 12 rounds??........that's incredible fitness.

Should be an easy unanimous points win for Joshua.

LEGS
7th December 2019, 11:10 PM
That was a great performance under incredible pressure.

teesred
8th December 2019, 12:26 AM
That was a great performance under incredible pressure.

Absolutley. Controlled the fight throughout and was never in danger. Didnt take any risks and basically jabbed his nut off for 12 rds. Belts back, job done. Kudos to AJ as hes shut up the doubters.

Balinkay
8th December 2019, 08:31 AM
Fuck me - Andy couldn't get close to him. AJ was dancing for 12 rounds! Not the most exciting fight, but a well thought out strategy, good fitness and willingness to stick to a game plan have paid off.

ianlfc
8th December 2019, 01:39 PM
Ruiz has come out and said he was over weight for the fight. No shit Sherlock, has he no mirrors in the house ? 😂😂😂

stevie harkness
8th December 2019, 03:03 PM
Ruiz has come out and said he was over weight for the fight. No shit Sherlock, has he no mirrors in the house ? ������

Hehe!, in the first fight nobody gave Ruiz a chance because he was too fat but then after the event professor hindsight came out to explain how being fat helps...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/newsbeat-48499583

shminkyred
9th December 2019, 03:43 PM
That loss was probably the best thing that could have happened to AJ .........Look at wilder he's an absolute Animal ....when AJ eventually fights him I think this experience will be good for him....

ianlfc
9th December 2019, 05:28 PM
Excuse my ignorance on the boxing, but is there a reason why no one is talking about a possible AJ and Fury fight ?

Insidious
9th December 2019, 07:36 PM
That loss was probably the best thing that could have happened to AJ .........Look at wilder he's an absolute Animal ....when AJ eventually fights him I think this experience will be good for him....

I hope that fight actually happens.

RedNoodle
9th December 2019, 08:36 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

toneata
9th December 2019, 11:24 PM
Excuse my ignorance on the boxing, but is there a reason why no one is talking about a possible AJ and Fury fight ?

I think it has to do with the deals they have with the TV sports networks, Fury is with BT Sports/ ESPN and Joshua with SKY/DAZN. Apparently makes negotiating for a fight extremely complicated. Added to that I doubt either of them would take a 50/50 split.

RedNoodle
9th December 2019, 11:33 PM
I think it has to do with the deals they have with the TV sports networks, Fury is with BT Sports/ ESPN and Joshua with SKY/DAZN. Apparently makes negotiating for a fight extremely complicated. Added to that I doubt either of them would take a 50/50 split.

This is why most people couldn't care less about boxing and who happens to be one of a plethora of world champions.

Back in the day the best fought the best and it resulted in legends and fights that will be remembered for many years to come, where as most of todays boxers and fights barely get a "meh" when talked about by most people.

Balinkay
11th December 2019, 03:51 PM
Who's he going to fight next? Usyk?

LEGS
11th December 2019, 05:41 PM
Who's he going to fight next? Usyk?

My money is Pulev think Uysk will fight Chisora.

Balinkay
11th December 2019, 06:44 PM
My money is Pulev think Uysk will fight Chisora.

I'd love to see the Cobra face off against AJ. He'd get battered, but might have a puncher's chance.

Usyk is scary. I'd try to avoid him if I were AJ.

RedNoodle
11th December 2019, 06:55 PM
I'd love to see the Cobra face off against AJ. He'd get battered, but might have a puncher's chance.

Usyk is scary. I'd try to avoid him if I were AJ.

Doing the above (to prolong careers and increase bank balances) is why boxing (particularly the heavyweight division) is such a 'meh' sport.

What other sport would survive where those at the top of the tree continually avoid each other, and where when a 'big' fight does take place it is more often than not either a damp squib and/or turned into even more of a farce due to a controversial decision.

Balinkay
11th December 2019, 07:13 PM
It's only a few sports that allow for such chicanery Noods. It's one of the reasons I'm not really into boxing.