PDA

View Full Version : Minamino no18

CCTV
19th December 2019, 10:22 AM
Liverpool FC have officially confirmed an agreement has been reached with Salzburg.

Minamino told Liverpoolfc.com: “It has been a dream, my dream to become a Liverpool player. And I’m so excited that the moment has come true.

“To play in the Premier League was one of my targets. I think this is the top-class league in the world; I was thinking if my career as a footballer progressed smoothly, someday I would be able to play in the Premier League.

“But I never thought I would be able to play in this team and I’m really happy about it. I’m looking forward to it.”

CCTV
19th December 2019, 10:26 AM
"From those games I learned this team has such a high level of technique and intensity,” he added.

"Their football is of such a high level and I did feel that they were the champions of the Champions League. Feeling that, it makes me feel even happier that I can play in this team. I’m really happy to be part of that team.“

"My target is to win the Premier League and the Champions League, and to make good contributions to the team.”

Welcome aboard Takumi :)

CCTV
19th December 2019, 10:30 AM
What a lucky fellow, to be joining the best side in world club football (TBC).
Getting to play at Anfield and enjoy the cracking atmosphere on a regular basis.
A very easy and wise decision to make for football reasons ;)

fayyazms
19th December 2019, 10:30 AM
Irasshaimase!

CCTV
19th December 2019, 10:44 AM
BQw9NUB6v7w

skyebo
19th December 2019, 10:46 AM
Never seen him but his strengths seem to be similar to those of Son at Spurs. If he turns out to be as good as him, it's a great signing.

Balinkay
19th December 2019, 10:47 AM
Let's go, boys!

https://scontent.fsof8-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/p960x960/79920284_10158610608492573_3660663783874887680_o.j pg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_oc=AQlWEeWEQ9zK4Ses6EHa0nlx2gEwHFFf5dtIy6030Q2 UrePR8Gb8xMJqn94HQWrHEe4&_nc_ht=scontent.fsof8-1.fna&oh=2999d039f18f850fcd79e875837f5549&oe=5E786186

southernboy
19th December 2019, 11:18 AM
Over the moon and cautiously optimistic.

Welcome to Liverpool Takumi.

Aldo1988
19th December 2019, 11:43 AM
If he plays like he did against us whenever he's on the pitch for us then that £7,250,000 will be hell of a bargain.

shminkyred
19th December 2019, 11:59 AM
https://youtu.be/8N_tupPBtWQ

PLEASE LET THIS BE HIS SONG

Minamino
Do Dooo d do do

Aldo1988
19th December 2019, 01:06 PM

Minamino
Do Dooo d do do

Used to be Macca's song.

reddownunder
19th December 2019, 01:14 PM
The way transfer fees have sky-rocketed in recent seasons this is the kind of fee clubs would pay for a teenager with a handful of first team appearances. Seems like he could add much needed depth for the front 3 but if it doesn't turn out then there is no financial harm done.

dicko1969
19th December 2019, 03:58 PM
When he played at Anfield, I thought who is this player !?

Now we signed him.

Right age, right experience, can readily come into the 1st team.

Pace, technique, eye for a pass and goal.

Unselfish running off the ball.

Perfect for either side to compete with mane and Salah.

Balinkay
19th December 2019, 04:19 PM
@shminky - that's genius.

stevie harkness
19th December 2019, 04:45 PM
Can't believe Jurgen has just spunked the £7m we got for Ryan Kent.

Nineteenx
19th December 2019, 05:47 PM
Will prove to be a great signing imo

Insidious
19th December 2019, 06:22 PM
Can't believe Jurgen has just spunked the £7m we got for Ryan Kent.

Allegedly we might recoup it in the form of £8m for one Lorius Karius!

skyebo
19th December 2019, 06:25 PM

What does the m stand for, mars bars?

stevie harkness
19th December 2019, 07:04 PM

Strewth that's more than we got for Mig!

southernboy
19th December 2019, 08:02 PM

We could probably sell Minamino for £20m today! That’s how good this deal is.

Photo of him on the offal with Fabinho who’s wearing training kit. Hopefully he’s started light training.

Crimson Dynasty
20th December 2019, 04:38 AM

Minamino
Do Dooo d do do

Thanks a lot.
Now I'm not going to be able to get that blastid song out of me head for the next week.

Joetan991
20th December 2019, 05:17 PM
Minamimo san 頑張ってください ne

Nineteenx
21st December 2019, 03:27 AM
If he plays like he did against us whenever he's on the pitch for us then that £7,250,000 will be hell of a bargain.

Agreed, looks a very tidy player, can he play in the Champions League? They used to make players cup tied if they moved from one Champions League side to another, but I think they scrapped that a while back didn't they?

RedNoodle
21st December 2019, 05:11 AM
Yes he can play for us in this year's CL competition due to the rules recently being changed.

Crimson Dynasty
21st December 2019, 06:14 AM
I have a little funny story about this transfer and Minamino's former teammate.

So I'm bored and browing the Youtubes and come across this Manc site already celebrating the signing of Haaland (which obviously hasn't happened yet). It's the usual highlight reel of all his greatest hits and goals scored played to some fast track music.

So after all the drama of yesterday morning when the media were sure he was headed to Manchester with his dad to complete the signing and close the deal and were following his plane, but then it turned out that he was actually just going on vacation with his dad to Copenhagen on a DIFFERENT plane, and then Ole shot down their hopes by suggesting that nothing was happening on that front, I did what any dutiful Red would do and decided to go and troll these clowns and laugh at them in their comment section of that video for shooting their wad over something that hadn't even happened yet.

And I swear to you this was one of the exchanges I came across:-

Original Commenter : "The winger who is providing him assists is better than him. ManUtd should sign that player too."

Commenter #2 : "Yeah, I think that player already signed for Liverpool, mate. He's in Merseyside."

Original commenter : "Oh no! He could have been a very good addition to our squad"

(*Cue other Liverpool fans piling on:....*)

Commenter #3 : "Minamino is his assist king. Alot faster, more skills, harder worker and yes his a Liverpool man. Best club in the world."

Manc Twat commenter #4 : "If he’s that good how comes he’s only 7.5mil lol. No other top clubs were in for him. He’ll get bullied in the prem."

Commenter #2 : "That was his release clause fee, you dummy.
And I can think of one other Premier League club that tried to get him and missed out on him to the (Actual) Mighty Reds, because they didn't know about that release clause.
Can you guess which club that was?
Take a guess.
Please?

Please?"

Fucking Hilarious!

They suddenly realize that Minamino's better than the player they think they've signed (but haven't really), and talk about signing him instead, before they're duly informed he's signed for their biggest traditional rivals. And then one chimes in that if he's so good why did he get signed for only 7.5 Mil, not realizing his own dumb club tried and missed out on him because they didn't know about that release clause, and that we now have him on a major bargain.
That clueless second Manc twat commenter pretty much sums up what laughable lot that shower of shite are.

What a bunch of clowns they are.

Here's the original video:-
The comment section is hilarious because the video was posted a couple of days ago before it became clear that all this signing euphoria was all a big fat nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6mPHzpXtzA

Nineteenx
21st December 2019, 09:42 PM
After being absolutely gutted at the GE result, the Klopp and Minamino signings really cheered me up, so excited to have Jurgen until 2024 at least and can NOT wait for Minamino for make his home debut v Sheffield United

Nineteenx
21st December 2019, 11:20 PM
Excited to see if some of his tricks can rub off and help our other strikers improve even more, my favourite is one I've tried describing how to do here before and was one of my own personal favourites, he put both Robbo and Van Dijk on their asses with it over the 2 games v Salzburg

I call it an adaptation of the Cryuff turn, runs in very direct shapes like he's going to shoot drawing the defender right across him to try and block, then clips it with either heel behind his standing foot onto his other foot, it was my trademark move, absolutely class

justme
22nd December 2019, 12:58 AM
Glad we have gone in for this guy. He could be the difference in the next month or so. A quick player between the lines..
the next 6 weeks to me is vital for our title win (if we do it).
February and March we have some winnable games. But Leicester away and the fixtures in January look tricky

Insidious
22nd December 2019, 11:30 AM
After being absolutely gutted at the GE result, the Klopp and Minamino signings really cheered me up, so excited to have Jurgen until 2024 at least and can NOT wait for Minamino for make his home debut v Sheffield United

The timing of the announcements was a masterstroke - gave so many people such an enormous lift.

TheDOC1979
22nd December 2019, 12:15 PM
Let’s give him time to settle in. With the price tag, he has nothing to prove and might turn out to be the player we need to start playing “well”

shminkyred
22nd December 2019, 01:50 PM
How much was Robbo?

TheDOC1979
22nd December 2019, 01:50 PM
How much was Robbo?

8 million I think

Aldo1988
22nd December 2019, 02:13 PM
Can't wait to see him get a slagging off in the match day thread after a few of loose passes.

Steveo
22nd December 2019, 02:39 PM
Yes but he has been non existent since signing. Totally invisible... :D

Fulby
23rd December 2019, 12:27 PM
Minamino is our new Coutinho. In for a bargain price only to increase in value to his weight in gold!!

southernboy
23rd December 2019, 02:17 PM
Minamino is our new Coutinho. In for a bargain price only to increase in value to his weight in gold!!

Welcome back mate. I obviously hope you're right, but he hasn't kicked a ball for us yet. I'm cautiously optimistic mind.

justincredible
23rd December 2019, 02:35 PM

Hey Fulbs. You back again?

CCTV
23rd December 2019, 03:10 PM

The return of the king :)

Great to see you back here and posting, hope you enjoyed all the winning and trophies.

CCTV
23rd December 2019, 03:20 PM
Hey Fulbs. You back again?

Qk2KQRTr3Ww

Nineteenx
23rd December 2019, 09:34 PM
The return of the king :)

I thought Justin was 'Lord of the rings?' :eek: I'll get me coat

Insidious
23rd December 2019, 09:50 PM
Qk2KQRTr3Ww

The "Round the Outside, Round the Outside, Round the Outside" is a reference to Canibus' "Box Cutta Blade Runna" track from "C True Hollywood Stories" back when those two were still giving each other grief.

redebreck
23rd December 2019, 11:09 PM
Qk2KQRTr3Ww

The "Round the Outside, Round the Outside, Round the Outside" is a reference to Canibus' "Box Cutta Blade Runna" track from "C True Hollywood Stories" back when those two were still giving each other grief.

OK, if you say so.
What about our Prince then, what's that about?

Fulby
28th December 2019, 12:26 PM
Welcome back mate. I obviously hope you're right, but he hasn't kicked a ball for us yet. I'm cautiously optimistic mind.

Cheers mate, yeah I hear what you are saying, but Klopp bought him....he clearly has what it takes....that’s enough for me....can’t wait to see him tear open defences like he did ours at times.

Nineteenx
28th December 2019, 01:09 PM
Really excited to see him play for us, he should be making his debut v Everton in the FA Cup, seen a lot of people talking about fielding the reserves for that, FUCK FOR THAT as KOP on Portugal would say, it's another trophy, play a few of them sure, but we've got a full week off after that game and people are moaning about the number of games, it's no different to when the Champions League is on and we're getting very good at conserving energy while being incredibly dynamic - Sure 2 or 3 of the lads out are due back soon too

It's a home game - It's the derby - It's a good opportunity to stick it to Ancellotti and end his little hoodoo over us early in his career as manager of the Bitters

Kev0909
28th December 2019, 01:14 PM
I hope he comes straight in, the pressure is off a little now, and gives salah a much needed rest, or break or whatever to get his head sorted

Nineteenx
28th December 2019, 01:24 PM
I hope he comes straight in, the pressure is off a little now, and gives salah a much needed rest, or break or whatever to get his head sorted

There's fuck all wrong with Mo, he's working harder than ever at his game, got goals and a few exceptional assists in the last few games

And the pressure is not off, it's never off, why are quite a lot of people not getting this, we're always under pressure but not in the sense a lot of you think about, not from the media, not from other teams, the secret to what we're doing is that Jurgen and the lads don't give a fuck about any of that, the pressure we're always under is positive and highly focused pressure and it's the pressure we put on ourselves from the standard of performance and professionalism we demand and expect of ourselves and the need to continually improve and develop we demand of ourselves

Kev0909
28th December 2019, 01:27 PM
There's fuck all wrong with Mo, he's working harder than ever at his game, got goals and a few exceptional assists in the last few games

nothing wrong with Mo??

You wouldn't be saying that if it was 0-0 the other day!

He was shite obviously tired in the 2nd half, very sloppy

Nineteenx
28th December 2019, 01:32 PM
nothing wrong with Mo??

You wouldn't be saying that if it was 0-0 the other day!

He was shite obviously tired in the 2nd half, very sloppy

Every game is different, Mo's looked near his best again in recent games, to win consistently you need a top quality team and bench and different players step up on different days, I get really fucking bored with the pathetic mentality of someone having a day that wasn't their best and suddenly there's a big fucking drama, some people need to grow the fuck up a bit

Kev0909
28th December 2019, 01:35 PM
Every game is different, Mo's looked near his best again in recent games, to win consistently you need a top quality team and bench and different players step up on different days, I get really fucking bored with the pathetic mentality of someone having a day that wasn't their best and suddenly there's a big fucking drama, some people need to grow the fuck up a bit

It's not just one game though is it? open ya eyes he's been rather frustrating most of the season.

Luckily everyone else has stepped up, I'd even go so far as saying we play better as a team without him, and no that's not a salah out post lol

the 5 liverpools players v 2 leicester defenders summed it up when we was on the break.. and yeah he passed to err.. a blue shirt

Don't think a rest would harm him in the league, and come off the bench a few games, still start him in champions league obviously

He's everyones little darling but if that was anyone else, he'd get slaughtered well if we didn't win once again.

miller0863
28th December 2019, 01:43 PM
As I said in the match thread, Mo can go from Sunday League to World Class and back again during any game. When the ball lands at his feet I have no clue which Mo is receiving the ball. He is capable of doing things no other player can but also that no other player would want to.
His record speaks for itself mind, his goals and assists record is incredible but to pretend he is always Lionel Messi and never anything less is nonsense.

Kev0909
28th December 2019, 01:46 PM
Exactly, so frustrating at times!! but he's fucking brilliant too, I just think he seems tired personally

Nineteenx
28th December 2019, 02:02 PM
It's not just one game though is it? open ya eyes he's been rather frustrating most of the season.

Luckily everyone else has stepped up, I'd even go so far as saying we play better as a team without him, and no that's not a salah out post lol

the 5 liverpools players v 2 leicester defenders summed it up when we was on the break.. and yeah he passed to err.. a blue shirt

Don't think a rest would harm him in the league, and come off the bench a few games, still start him in champions league obviously

He's everyones little darling but if that was anyone else, he'd get slaughtered well if we didn't win once again.

We've changed our style, necessarily so, teams have got a lot better at defending against him, if Mane had got the touch he wanted in under a minute we'd all be talking about a brilliant assist by Mo, Mo created that break by brilliantly hooking the ball back into Keita's path from a ball cleared from a Leicester corner, yes he should have squared it when he was forced out wide, but he didn't get a shout and we know one of Mo's flaws is in some situations he only sees the goal and the possibility of scoring and gets blinkered and doesn't see better placed players, he didn't get a shout either.

He wasn't at his best as he played through an ankle knock for the team for 7 or 8 games for which it very obviously didn't feel right and was sore as you could see from his reaction every time he got another whack on it

So to summarise Mo's game v Leicester, he was hit and miss, he created a glorious chance for Mane, he created the chance for himself when he should have squared it with some brilliant play from one box to the other, he skied a chance from the edge of the area it would have taken a worldie to score from, but that's what we've all come to expect from him all the time

Meanwhile Mane missed two absolute sitters from 6 yards out, then got a great assist for Trent's goal after Mo had been subbed

The only people pretending he's always Lionel Messi are the one's moaning when he hasn't been his world class best in any game and scored or assisted a worldie It's a team game, we have A LOT of very good players who all perform to very high levels every week, on days where things don't quite come off for one player as we're used to or expect, another 1 or 2 players step up, that's it

stevie harkness
28th December 2019, 02:21 PM
Players just need an arm around their shoulder and a kick up the arse. And a nice rest, oh and some competition too. You can tell by their body language.

ianlfc
28th December 2019, 02:22 PM
Exactly, so frustrating at times!! but he's fucking brilliant too, I just think he seems tired personally

Them couple of hours work a day must be a killer !!

Nineteenx
28th December 2019, 02:23 PM
Prior to that game what was it, 1 and an brilliant assist v Bournemouth, 1 and a brilliant assist v Salzburg, 2 goals v Watford, a brilliant assist v Monterrey? Yeah he's really struggling :D

Kev0909
28th December 2019, 02:26 PM
Check the average ratings if you want to go on stats, Mane and firmino are both above him because they're our best players :eagerness:

CCTV
28th December 2019, 03:01 PM
Check the average ratings if you wan't to go on stats, Mane and firmino are both above him because they're our best players :eagerness:

Have to agree with you kev0.
Mane our player of the season to date, Trent next best imo.

Mane beats both Bobby and Salah for both tackles & intercepts.
Has the most goals&assists in the pl whilst he takes a fraction of the shots that Salah does. Hes provides more key passes than both also.

I do think Salah gets a far easier time with the fans than Mane tbh.

Salah should be our clear top scorer. Hes the most clinical record of the 3 and really is underperforming on goals & assists.

Same with Bobby people including Klopp imo tend to go on about his overall work rate and other qualities which I can agree with, but Bobby should be racking up 20 pl goals a season or thereabouts.

Good to see both getting back to some level of their best form, need to take it up a few notches over the coming months.

stevie harkness
28th December 2019, 03:16 PM
Salah may be shite but we need a squad scapegoat so all is well.

Kev0909
28th December 2019, 03:29 PM
Salah may be shite but we need a squad scapegoat so all is well.

Isn't that Wij?

stevie harkness
28th December 2019, 03:32 PM
Isn't that Wij?

Oh yeah, I forgot about that waster!

CCTV
28th December 2019, 03:44 PM
Scapegoat :D

shminkyred
28th December 2019, 04:49 PM
Mi Na Mi No

Do dooo di do do

Joetan991
28th December 2019, 07:12 PM
He will be the new Luis garcia

ianlfc
28th December 2019, 07:44 PM
He will be the new Luis garcia

Min-a-mino ,
he wears a kimono,
He came from Salzburg to Liverpool ,
He's 5 ft 9 like a fine wine,
Please don't take Minamino away !!

miller0863
28th December 2019, 07:53 PM
Ok ... now I want to encourage new writing talent as much as the next man but ... there is just one thing I would change with that Ian

ianlfc
28th December 2019, 07:58 PM
Ok ... now I want to encourage new writing talent as much as the next man but ... there is just one thing I would change with that Ian

What? You've never seen a 5ft 9 fine wine ? 😂😂😂

miller0863
28th December 2019, 07:59 PM
Well no ...

justincredible
29th December 2019, 10:08 AM
Here it is.....

https://mobile.twitter.com/farragher17/status/1210348228312543239?ref_url=https%3a%2f%2fforums.t hisisanfield.com%2fthreads%2ftakumi-minamino-welcome-to-liverpool.26644%2fpage-6

Nineteenx
30th December 2019, 05:31 PM
Wish he could play the next game, really excited to see his debut, looking forward to it as he has great change of direction and can go either way which is something both Mo and Mane lack, he also plays some wicked balls for players arriving on the far side through the channels, which is again, for all their brilliance something Mo and Mane lack, although I have been hugely impressed with Mo showing brilliant strength and tenacity in holding on to the ball and creating assists for Keita of late and if he starts to get his head up, he can very obviously create more and Mane's build up play and creating assists, which used to be his weaker point, has come on loads in the last year, we need to build on all of this and get even better in 2020 and I think and hope I am correct that having Minamino who they can learn from and who can learn from them who does things a little differently will be a great benefit towards achieving this

southernboy
31st December 2019, 11:21 PM
Look who’s here! :encouragement:

https://d3j2s6hdd6a7rg.cloudfront.net/v2/uploads/media/default/0002/01/thumb_100116_default_news_size_5.jpeg
https://d3j2s6hdd6a7rg.cloudfront.net/v2/uploads/media/default/0002/01/thumb_100098_default_news_size_5.jpeg

Nineteenx
1st January 2020, 04:35 PM
I saw the full gallery of pics on LFCTV looks absolutely made up to be here and all the lads look absolutely made up that he is, and why not

Nineteenx
1st January 2020, 04:36 PM
He trained with the squad yesterday too, let's hope Jurgen's aware he can't play v Sheffield United tomorrow

CCTV
1st January 2020, 04:53 PM
Look who’s here! :encouragement:

https://d3j2s6hdd6a7rg.cloudfront.net/v2/uploads/media/default/0002/01/thumb_100116_default_news_size_5.jpeg
https://d3j2s6hdd6a7rg.cloudfront.net/v2/uploads/media/default/0002/01/thumb_100098_default_news_size_5.jpeg

Is that elliot with a haircut !?

southernboy
1st January 2020, 11:05 PM
Is that elliot with a haircut !?

No. There’s a video on the offal, and sadly the man bun is fully intact.

Nineteenx
3rd January 2020, 12:02 AM
Pretty certain to start v the bitters in the cup, really looking forward to it, love Jurgen's instructions for him too, "Just be the player that was brilliant in both games against us"

Steveo
3rd January 2020, 12:48 PM
https://youtu.be/VxTFGvul5DM

Nineteenx
4th January 2020, 10:42 PM
Slightly drooling at the prospect of his debut tomorrow, I think he's going to be an awesome player for us and help everyone continue the development, Make all kinds of runs for him, be prepared and ready to give it him back, get in the box when he's got it anywhere around the penalty area, balls over the first defender, cuts backs, balls through the channels, balls into feet continuing his run and looking for the return through the channel, all of it

Nineteenx
4th January 2020, 10:56 PM
D61Ug0Bi6Pw

Nineteenx
4th January 2020, 11:01 PM
bZlQ5X9nOWs

southernboy
4th January 2020, 11:11 PM
He’s got everything he needs to be a huge success. Let’s give him time.

justincredible
4th January 2020, 11:16 PM

Hat trick tomorrow against Everton, or else!

Nineteenx
4th January 2020, 11:19 PM

Lol :D

southernboy
4th January 2020, 11:23 PM

Haha. I’d settle for an injury time winner.

Nineteenx
4th January 2020, 11:30 PM

Hat trick, 2 assists and a MOTM award, no fucking excuses! ! !

miller0863
4th January 2020, 11:33 PM
Do you come from a long kind of sergeant majors 19 ?

Nineteenx
4th January 2020, 11:47 PM
Do you come from a long kind of sergeant majors 19 ?

Lol :D Really really excited to see what he brings to the team/squad development, I think he's definitely 'one of ours' but like the others, he has all the attributes we would look for in a player, but does things that are different from the others, I think that's a huge part of our strength and ability to keep developing, players learn from each other and about each other, I think he'll bring a new dynamic that will help the continuing development of everyone, something different to defend against, try and press against, different runs, different finishes, different passes and balls in, different tricks, changes of direction and dribbling techniques, turns, changes of feet, lots of very VERY interesting things

justincredible
4th January 2020, 11:59 PM
Hat trick, 2 assists and a MOTM award, no fucking excuses! ! !

This.

miller0863
5th January 2020, 12:12 AM
I know you’ve been asked this before and it’s very sad we’ve been waiting for longer than the entire life of this Forum but will you look to change your name from 19 to 20x next season?

Balinkay
5th January 2020, 12:33 AM
I thought 19 was referring to the number of European Cups he wants us to win?

Also Minamino will be a success for us I think. Not Robbo or Mane success, but a success. Good player for good money, who scores 10-15 goals and is a more than solid rotation option or substitute.

Insidious
5th January 2020, 01:06 AM
Our purchase of Minamino (and Dortmund's purchase of Haaland) has really tipped the scales for Tottenham when they play Salzburg!

southernboy
5th January 2020, 01:41 AM
Our purchase of Minamino (and Dortmund's purchase of Haaland) has really tipped the scales for Tottenham when they play Salzburg!

Bugger. I hadn’t thought about that. I really want spurs to get knocked out.

miller0863
5th January 2020, 01:56 AM
Hahaha I admire your optimism Bali

LFC vs PFC
5th January 2020, 02:15 AM

Wrong RB team, they play Leipzig not Salzburg.

LFC vs PFC
5th January 2020, 02:17 AM
Unless you're predicting next year's group stage draw?

Nineteenx
5th January 2020, 02:58 AM
I know you’ve been asked this before and it’s very sad we’ve been waiting for longer than the entire life of this Forum but will you look to change your name from 19 to 20x next season?

Nope, I'll leave it as it is if we win it, still 18 league games to play, still need to focus on winning each next game and getting another vital 3 points or booking our progression to the next stage of a knock out competition. Once you know what it takes to win number 19 from where we've come from, you know how to win 20, 21, 22............7, 8, 9................2, 3, 4.............and you must never lose sight of it and never stop working as hard and improving and understanding that every single opposition side wants to beat you more than any other team they play.

Work really fucking hard, support each other, make sure you're always bringing in the right players and staff with the right skill sets and mentality, make sure you time doing that right, so there's always continuation, never ever think you've arrived, always be working hard to improve, really enjoy playing the football that allows you to and getting the wins and rewards that brings you, people probably think the mantra of focusing on each next game and getting the win is boring, that it somehow takes some enjoyment from it, but the enjoyment is playing the games, each game, how you win, how you control it, how you use everything you've worked hard to learn and develop to win different kinds of games, what all that hard work lets you do and achieve and our lads look like they're loving playing every single game and every single training session, incredible work so far by Jurgen, all the players and staff

Nineteenx
5th January 2020, 03:08 AM
3 minutes 7 seconds "And I'm Done, done and i'm onto the next one, done done and i'm onto the next one, done, done and I'm onto the next" ;)

xQ04WbgI9rg

dicko1969
5th January 2020, 03:30 AM

Let's give him 1 game and decide

CCTV
5th January 2020, 04:07 AM
Let's give him 1 game and decide

You're being generous

Nineteenx
5th January 2020, 04:09 AM
You're being generous

Yeah I thought that, he should get hooked if he hasn't get at least 1 goal and 1 assist by half time ;)

CCTV
5th January 2020, 04:38 AM
Yeah I thought that, he should get hooked if he hasn't get at least 1 goal and 1 assist by half time ;)

What's he got 19, seriously, deadly seriously like....

He's... ???
Versatile - no fixed position, looks lost out there
Flair - no substance, a fraud
Great touch/flicks - creepy showboater
An eye for a goal - greedy & Lazy gloryhunter
An eye for a pass - no bottle to take it on himself a coward.
A dribbler - cant keep his gob shut - a gobshite

Yet to make his debut and already lost at anfield - mentally weak - a nothing footballer defeated before he tried

I'm trying to be positive and all I've got is hes got a pretty cool accent. Imo he should pack it in already before it starts and start recording audio books.

#minaminowt --> #minaminout

Nineteenx
5th January 2020, 04:41 AM

He's... ???

Yet to make his debut and already lost at anfield - mentally weak - a nothing footballer defeated before he tried

I'm trying to be positive and all I've got is hes got a pretty cool accent. Imo he should pack it in already before it starts and start recording audio books.

:D :D You need to save this for the 'who hates' thread CCTV, still very funny though. God I'm excited to see his debut tomorrow and to see how things develop with our latest addition in conjunction with all the other lads in the second half of the season

skyebo
5th January 2020, 11:44 AM

He's... ???

Very funny CCTV.

Nineteenx
5th January 2020, 08:48 PM
Very good debut, saw everything I expected, it will take time and appearances with the best 11 for all the players to know where and when he wants the ball, he does need to run like he did when he played against us twice though, he was a lot quicker in those 2 games than we saw today

redebreck
5th January 2020, 08:54 PM
Very good debut, saw everything I expected, it will take time and appearances with the best 11 for all the players to know where and when he wants the ball, he does need to run like he did when he played against us twice though, he was a lot quicker in those 2 games than we saw today

Hardly touched the ball today, will need a few games to get up to speed.

ianlfc
5th January 2020, 09:01 PM
He looked a little shocked at the work rate exspected of him. I was surprised he played up the middle and fluffed a good headed chance in the first half.
6.5/10.

Nineteenx
5th January 2020, 09:05 PM

He had quite a lot of touches, it was frustrating watching at times, not because of him, but because if any of our lads had bothered to watch some footage of him playing for Salzburg they might have had a bit more appreciation of where he likes the ball and when, he got in great positions loads of times, the ball was on and they didn't give it him, that'll come with more games and training together though. He gets in pockets and between lines and channels, he's very good at turning in the same motion as receiving the ball and likes it drilled into his feet or through the channel when he's in those positions, got in them loads today and nobody passed it to him even though he was mostly wide open in great positions to turn and look to play Origi or Elliott in

Balinkay
5th January 2020, 09:08 PM

He didn't look completely up to speed. Might have been a week or so to early for him.

justme
5th January 2020, 09:10 PM
Not an easy game to get involved in for your first game. was a bit helter skelter. He will be more efficient when we can control the game better.

Steveo
5th January 2020, 09:56 PM
Hasn’t played in a competitive match since the second leg v us in Salzburg... First game at a new club in a new league - playing in an 11 made up mostly of kids AND of all games - it’s Merseyside Derby.....!

I think he did just fine- that’s as tough a debut as you could ever expect.

fiordearg
5th January 2020, 10:19 PM
A solid performance.

Nineteenx
6th January 2020, 06:22 PM
Be the player of the 2 games against us, I saw glimpses of that in the positions he took up and the runs he made and the passes he tried, needs time for the other lads to know him and learn exactly where and when he wants the ball and what spaces or channels he'll then find them in/through. Most importantly, INTENSITY, remember that place, that intensity he played with when he found himself 3-0 down at Anfield, that drive, that desire to get back into the game that focused all his abilities and senses and gave him a yard of extra pace and extra acceleration, that's the level of intensity and focus he needs to exhibit every time he steps on the pitch, that's what it's all about and what all our other lads do

Nineteenx
7th January 2020, 03:02 AM
I thought 19 was referring to the number of European Cups he wants us to win?

You make a very good point :D

Nineteenx
11th January 2020, 05:58 AM
Reckon he'll get 10-15 minutes at least today, we've actually had a week in which we can work on the training pitch for the first time in ages, really looking forward to seeing how he links up with everyone and if players find him in the spaces he likes to get into and they or other players make the runs for the kind of balls he's looking to provide them with

TheDOC1979
27th February 2020, 02:11 PM
Uhm, where is Takumi??

Nineteenx
27th February 2020, 02:14 PM
Uhm, where is Takumi??

There was an article on the offal about him pretty recently, Jurgen wants him to play naturally, as he did against us rather than try to immediately try and play like some of our other players, so he's still bedding in.

TheDOC1979
27th February 2020, 02:22 PM
There was an article on the offal about him pretty recently, Jurgen wants him to play naturally, as he did against us rather than try to immediately try and play like some of our other players, so he's still bedding in.

Thanks for that 19.

Play him against Chelsea in the cup? Is that enough time to bed in?

dicko1969
4th March 2020, 03:23 AM
Not ready yet

Insidious
21st June 2020, 10:17 PM
Thought that was a very decent half from Takumi, though not getting as much joy in the half-spaces as he may have done had Robertson been on the pitch to widen things on the other side.

Think there would be real potential in some games (weaker opposition / sides with slower centre-backs / sides that foolishly play expansively against us) for one-touch combinations with Firmino/Mane/Keita.

ianlfc
21st June 2020, 10:21 PM
Shite, But he wasn't alone. Awful game to judge anyone.

Kev0909
21st June 2020, 10:51 PM
I don't see where he fits, he confuses me

dicko1969
22nd June 2020, 05:06 AM
I thought he looked busy tbh

HLOGI
22nd June 2020, 11:56 AM

I was happy with his performance. My judgement was this was a pre season kind of feel and the team as a whole didn't click. But he had some clever moments that show he will bring something interesting once he is up and running.

Kev0909
22nd June 2020, 12:40 PM

Really?

I've heard people/pundits say he's clearly a work in progress, which I feel is true.

I just don't know where he fits in, what his best position is, he's no winger

miller0863
22nd June 2020, 01:02 PM
He’s not but then til Jurgen found Bobby’s perfect roll he wasn’t looking too crash hot either. Players rarely shine playing out of position, it usually results in them “doing a job” which is a phrase a only like to see in an emergency cover situation.

CCTV
22nd June 2020, 01:18 PM
He’s not but then til Jurgen found Bobby’s perfect roll he wasn’t looking too crash hot either. Players rarely shine playing out of position, it usually results in them “doing a job” which is a phrase a only like to see in an emergency cover situation.

Hasnt played too much but he looks like an 8 in our 433 setup imo

Kev0909
22nd June 2020, 01:28 PM

That's the problem we have though, just filling positions are depth is actually pretty bad, wolves have better depth going forward...

Origi playing on the left etc... Milner at LB

Mininamino wherever klopp can find a space for him...

Lallana.. Ox.. Origi... Minamino... even firmino at times NOT WIDE PLAYERS

We've got Shaqiri great....

Enjoy this season at least, we've been getting lucky with injury's and scraping results, can't see the same next season, champions league showed us up too far from perfect with 0 additions apparently, shame we're not going to build on it other teams that have stayed on top still always invested heavily.

Squad needs to be freshened up, I'd keep the players we've loaned out next season and possibly move on a couple of players that are here, well they're here but they're not really here, they're in the physio room, getting a nice wage for doing fuck all and being in a title winning side and getting a medal!

Chelsea
Utd
City

Will all spend money, and if it was these clubs they wouldn't have to fill positions with anyone that can play there but half as good (if that) because it's not there natural position or they're mid-table standard, if that.

There's to many players not fit enough for the system or made of glass or damn right average at best, it's time to change we're a constant top 4, league winning side, why are we carrying utter shite? or players that can only manage to play 5 games a season?

Frankly outside starting 11, apart from midfield options (only place we have some) are squad is bang average, that's down to FSG it'll catch up with us eventually unless klopp finds some more steals. like Robertson.

toneata
22nd June 2020, 02:30 PM
I was happy with his performance. My judgement was this was a pre season kind of feel and the team as a whole didn't click. But he had some clever moments that show he will bring something interesting once he is up and running.

Agreed, I thought he looked better than some previous performances but it's impossible to judge players when the whole team is playing pretty shite.
I'd give him a Keita a run until the end of the season.

faridtoxteth
22nd June 2020, 06:29 PM
I think long term he will play Bobby's role.

Steveo
22nd June 2020, 06:37 PM
You think he has the strength for that..??

dicko1969
23rd June 2020, 10:07 AM
Thank fook Kev ain't our boss , we'd be doomed.

Get a grip mate.
Glass half full

One game and you are being highly critical and negative.

We are still on for 107 points

This team over the last 2 seasons near 200 points!

Wow that's awful ... sense a bit of irony there.

Give the players a bit of a chance.

I bet you are complaining about the drinks break.
The 5 subs
And liverpool not spending £52m on Werner.

Tbh Werner has looked shit !

GIVE KEITA MINAMINO ORIGI a bit of credit

CHEERS ;)

dicko1969
23rd June 2020, 10:11 AM
That's the problem we have though, just filling positions are depth is actually pretty bad, wolves have better depth going forward...

Origi playing on the left etc... Milner at LB

Mininamino wherever klopp can find a space for him...

Lallana.. Ox.. Origi... Minamino... even firmino at times NOT WIDE PLAYERS

We've got Shaqiri great....

Enjoy this season at least, we've been getting lucky with injury's and scraping results, can't see the same next season, champions league showed us up too far from perfect with 0 additions apparently, shame we're not going to build on it other teams that have stayed on top still always invested heavily.

Squad needs to be freshened up, I'd keep the players we've loaned out next season and possibly move on a couple of players that are here, well they're here but they're not really here, they're in the physio room, getting a nice wage for doing fuck all and being in a title winning side and getting a medal!

Chelsea
Utd
City

Will all spend money, and if it was these clubs they wouldn't have to fill positions with anyone that can play there but half as good (if that) because it's not there natural position or they're mid-table standard, if that.

There's to many players not fit enough for the system or made of glass or damn right average at best, it's time to change we're a constant top 4, league winning side, why are we carrying utter shite? or players that can only manage to play 5 games a season?

Frankly outside starting 11, apart from midfield options (only place we have some) are squad is bang average, that's down to FSG it'll catch up with us eventually unless klopp finds some more steals. like Robertson.

That last bit

Like Robertson

What does that even mean.

Every single signing has been a success so far.

Name a player who hasn't improved !

We have had a 3 month break.

1 kind of friendly v Blackburn

What exactly don't you understand ?

Kev0909
23rd June 2020, 11:52 AM
That last bit

Like Robertson

What does that even mean.

Every single signing has been a success so far.

Name a player who hasn't improved !

We have had a 3 month break.

1 kind of friendly v Blackburn

What exactly don't you understand ?

What do you think I mean? quality players at low price

only way we can compete with £££££££ of other clubs, look at the squad depths you're in dreamland if you think we're going to stay on top without any real investment, don't just mean v everton I mean in general, we've been lucky... don't you want to stay on top? got found out in the champions league.

FSG are loving life at least, having so little net spend is insane for size of our club, constant top 4 and winners this season.

It's only not shown thanks to Klopp and some luck with injury's but we can't count are chickens forever, god help us if Mane salah firmino or VVD robertson,taa got a long term injury.

Enjoy it while it lasts, I guess.

At least coronavirus is a good excuse for them, while city utd and chelsea will be splashing the cash.

Obviously happy with the last few seasons, but it'll be a shame to go downhill.

I don't get people saying "but there's a huge gap to make up" yeah maybe on points, but squads? no way compare benches, compare squads.. we've been so lucky with injury's city not so much.

Like I said sell those that can hardly manage 5 games a season, or just simply not good enough bring in a proper wide player/striker(i'd keep brewster), and a LB... at least... but players do get older, we will need to freshen it up with a few youngsters sooner or later.. even in midfield where we have options, but they're all getting older, and I still feel it lacks a quality creatiive player

vin
23rd June 2020, 12:14 PM
What do you think I mean? quality players at low price

only way we can compete with £££££££ of other clubs, look at the squad depths you're in dreamland if you think we're going to stay on top without any real investment, don't just mean v everton I mean in general, we've been lucky... don't you want to stay on top? got found out in the champions league.

FSG are loving life at least, having so little net spend is insane for size of our club, constant top 4 and winners this season.

It's only not shown thanks to Klopp and some luck with injury's but we can't count are chickens forever, god help us if Mane salah firmino or VVD robertson,taa got a long term injury.

Enjoy it while it lasts, I guess.

At least coronavirus is a good excuse for them, while city utd and chelsea will be splashing the cash.

Obviously happy with the last few seasons, but it'll be a shame to go downhill.

I don't get people saying "but there's a huge gap to make up" yeah maybe on points, but squads? no way

Why are you f**king moaning so much. We won the CL. We are on the brink of winning the league and all you are thinking about is "going downhill"

FSG have never spent the way City, Chelsea and a few other clubs have done. Doesn't mean to say that we won't sign quality.

When other teams such as Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea used to scrape through a series of games it was the "mentality of champions" - when we do it, our own fans call it "luck".

I don't care what the media say, other fans and a our fan base. We've got Klopp and a decent strategy for continued success. We won't go another window without fresening it up. Klopp knows that. he'll know where we are weak and as before he'll wait for the player he wants rather than buy what's available.

Kev0909
23rd June 2020, 12:24 PM
Not moaning just being real, people get carried away but of course winning the league htis season is awesome, and everyone should be buzzing and champions league last season, I just wish we could stay on top while we're there, as it's the best time to do it, oh well can enjoy this period.

Next season will be interesting can see it being close between 3 clubs

maybe we can get lucky again scraping games and no long-term injury's to the first team, only can cover it in midfield.

Just because we're not ran by oil money doesn't me we can't spend money from what we make, which is a lot... says something when literally 10 + clubs have more net-spend than us, Klopp is a miracle worker

CCTV
23rd June 2020, 01:24 PM
Thank fook Kev ain't our boss , we'd be doomed.

Get a grip mate.
Glass half full

One game and you are being highly critical and negative.

We are still on for 107 points

This team over the last 2 seasons near 200 points!

Wow that's awful ... sense a bit of irony there.

Give the players a bit of a chance.

I bet you are complaining about the drinks break.
The 5 subs
And liverpool not spending £52m on Werner.

Tbh Werner has looked shit !

GIVE KEITA MINAMINO ORIGI a bit of credit

CHEERS ;)

Most of that has been achieved with our first 11 and midfield options he highlighted. Way to miss kevs point being made.

The choice of Gomez/Matip in the back 4, Adrian deputising well until our cl exit and Origi up top aside the rest of the squad hasnt been too involved at all.
Shaqiri played his bit in a few games too, Lallana got a draw v manu and the kids beat everton.

Balinkay
23rd June 2020, 05:59 PM
You think he has the strength for that..??

Just give him whatever 'roids Joe Gomez took to bulk up and he'll be fine.

dicko1969
26th June 2020, 06:16 AM
Most of that has been achieved with our first 11 and midfield options he highlighted. Way to miss kevs point being made.

The choice of Gomez/Matip in the back 4, Adrian deputising well until our cl exit and Origi up top aside the rest of the squad hasnt been too involved at all.
Shaqiri played his bit in a few games too, Lallana got a draw v manu and the kids beat everton.

No kev is moaning ;)
That's the point ;) ;)

Oh ps
Our CL exit ; well if we are so lucky why didn't we win.

We absolutely batter a Madrid at anfield in the 90mins, even their manager simeone said so in the aftermath interview.

We battered them so much if it was boxing the ref would have stopped it ... so 🤫🤫

dicko1969
26th June 2020, 06:19 AM
This team has another season or maybe 2 left at the top.

Then it will see new faces.

There are 5 or 6 at 28yo

So lets not do a Souness or think we are on an App on our phone and just let kloppo and the rest do their magic.

Insidious
26th June 2020, 09:50 AM
Don't think you need to worry Dicko.

If you have a spare few minutes, look at the ins/outs at Dortmund during Klopp's tenure.

He isn't afraid of ruthlessness or transfer activity to keep the Blade sharp.

Steveo
26th June 2020, 10:16 AM
If only Souness had managed to cultivate the genius of dicko’s oracle like insight... Aah what might have been... :D

CCTV
26th June 2020, 10:24 AM
No kev is moaning ;)
That's the point ;) ;)

Oh ps
Our CL exit ; well if we are so lucky why didn't we win.

We absolutely batter a Madrid at anfield in the 90mins, even their manager simeone said so in the aftermath interview.

We battered them so much if it was boxing the ref would have stopped it ... so 🤫🤫

Rope-a-dope

Failed to take our chances and got caught rotten

Steveo
26th June 2020, 10:26 AM
Rope-a-dope

Quite so. A little naive in Madrid and again once back home despite some excellent play.

If Klopp can add something to his repertoire it is a little cuteness to the fastidious detail & trickery of the Latin.

CCTV
26th June 2020, 10:49 AM
Quite so. A little naive in Madrid and again once back home despite some excellent play.

If Klopp can add something to his repertoire it is a little cuteness to the fastidious detail & trickery of the Latin.

Sucker punched in injury time sadly

CCTV
26th June 2020, 10:52 AM
Extra time

Insidious
26th June 2020, 11:40 AM
Rope-a-dope

There it is.

I actually lay the "blame" on the first leg. So unlike us not to score at all in a match.

Insidious
16th July 2020, 12:35 PM
Happy to see Minamino getting some time on the pitch at the minute.

I really like Takumi or "Taki" as Klopp likes to call him. Hopefully he can bulk up a little bit over the Summer. I do feel he'd be best in a 10 role but we play a 4-3-3 as opposed to a 4-2-3-1.

Which begs the question of where best to use him. Rotation for Firmino has been one use so far, but I'd like to see him get a chance in one of our "8" positions for a couple of games - so (for talk's sake) playing Keita and Minamino in front of Fabinho.

Looking forward to seeing more from him.

Nineteenx
16th July 2020, 05:10 PM
There it is.

I actually lay the "blame" on the first leg. So unlike us not to score at all in a match.

Incredible as he is, when Jurgen fucks up, he goes big, our Champions League debacle, the loss to Watford and lucky escpae v Southampton at Anfield were all down to Jurgen not recognising and respecting the change in dynamic and evolution of the team in Fabinho's absence and changing something that was working brilliantly to accomodate it

He understands the club, sometimes he needs to understand the Liverpool ways too "If it aint broken don't fix it" and EVERY player, no matter how highly the manager rates them, has to earn his place and right to play, what they did last season, the start of this counts for absolutely nothing, the point of a squad is that players push each other to raise their levels, when that happens, as it did, the player who was missing through injury doesn't just walk straight back in the side that's been playing better without him, he then has to apply himself and put in the same amount of incredible hard work to be good enough to win his spot back when he gets the opportunity to show that from the bench

Kev0909
16th July 2020, 05:19 PM
Should be starting rest of the games... hopefully it'll help him for next season

Firmino has been shite too, in fairness, for firmino anyway..

Insidious
6th September 2020, 09:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=345&v=IDeXepi31BI&feature=emb_logo

Steveo
7th September 2020, 10:03 AM
Intelligent player - nimble, changes direction well, good balance.. Seems to have a precision..Looks a potentially great buy, reminds of Luis Garcia.

worldpanel
8th September 2020, 04:53 PM
Incredible as he is, when Jurgen fucks up, he goes big, our Champions League debacle

What debacle exactly ??

Balinkay
8th September 2020, 05:35 PM
What debacle exactly ??

I think he holds the view that not playing Hendo as a No6 against AM in one of the games was what cost us, but don't quote me on that.

worldpanel
8th September 2020, 06:38 PM
I think he holds the view that not playing Hendo as a No6 against AM in one of the games was what cost us, but don't quote me on that.

I mean, at Anfield we absolutely clobbered them and gave our all, in theory it was our reserve keeper that cocked it up. No-one, including Klopp, could have done much more. The amount of chances and world-class saves their keeper made was quite a sight to behold. We didn't go out with a wimper on that night, nothing was left on the table

skyebo
8th September 2020, 07:12 PM

Maybe he might actually get some shots on target, now that there's no-one in the crowd to throw it back lol

Balinkay
8th September 2020, 07:12 PM
Yeah, that's how I see it as well.

Insidious
8th September 2020, 09:24 PM
Intelligent player - nimble, changes direction well, good balance.. Seems to have a precision..Looks a potentially great buy, reminds of Luis Garcia.

I've every Faith he'll be able to help us along the way and he was an absolute bargain to boot.

Balinkay
8th September 2020, 09:47 PM

Not been a fan of his control and touch tbh. Maybe he's not been completely match fit, but he's not exhibiting the silky smooth technique a la Bobby I was hoping for.

Steveo
9th September 2020, 07:59 AM
Bobby looked a million miles away from what he is now when he first arrived and he came from a far superior league and was getting game time.

Minamino hasn’t looked close to his Salzburg form for us yet. That is to be expected more often than not. Most players find the transition to the Premier League a very tough one, the step up from Austria is huge. But the core ingredients on show in that video look very promising.

Balinkay
9th September 2020, 09:19 AM
That's a good point - Bobby was awful at the start.

Steveo
9th September 2020, 09:56 AM
This is part of why I rate Klopp so stratospherically high. He seems to be able to turn fairly average players into top class and good players into world class with consistency.

I remember years ago when we were in our pomp under Paisley...winning everything in sight.. Brian Clough when asked about how they ( Liverpool ) do it suggested in frustration - the thing is "Anyone can play for Liverpool" He looked at the reporter and said "you could play for Liverpool"

Feels like this under Klopp.

Balinkay
9th September 2020, 09:58 AM
Tbf Firmino was decently highly rated, but I get your point.

I doubt someone like e.g. Robbo would be considered possibly the best LB in the world under too many managers.

Also cool anecdote - hadn't heard that one!

Insidious
9th September 2020, 10:33 AM
Minamino hasn’t looked close to his Salzburg form for us yet. That is to be expected more often than not. Most players find the transition to the Premier League a very tough one, the step up from Austria is huge. But the core ingredients on show in that video look very promising.

Yep.

Austrian League to Premier League.
New club.
Language barrier.
January transfer so arrives mid-season.
Couple of months into settling in the "normal" bedding-in time is disrupted by a lock-down.

Minamino has had a trickier Baptism than most players I can think of. So any time he performs well for us he will, in my eyes, deserve that little bit extra credit.

Kev0909
28th September 2020, 10:34 PM
When's this lad going to get a chance?

After a good pre season and the way firmino has played...

He gets 5 minutes max

ianlfc
28th September 2020, 10:37 PM
When's this lad going to get a chance?

After a good pre season and the way firmino has played...

He gets 5 minutes max

3 wins out of 3. No point changing things just for the sake of changing.
He'll get game time on Thursday night.

Kev0909
28th September 2020, 10:40 PM
3 wins out of 3. No point changing things just for the sake of changing.
He'll get game time on Thursday night.

Very true but even if he has a stormer he won't get in the team

He works as hard as Bobby from what I've seen and would probably score more at the moment

Not sure what's up with bobby think he could do with a rest and get himself back to his best

CCTV
28th September 2020, 10:41 PM
Hes a lot lighter than Bobby to my eye, think Bobby needs the minutes to get upto speed rather than a break.

miller0863
28th September 2020, 10:45 PM
Because Mané and Salah score so many (6 already after just 3 games) it’s his press and work rate that keeps him in the team. He is an incredibly talented footballer too so when he runs into form he’s immense for the team.

ianlfc
28th September 2020, 10:46 PM
Very true but even if he has a stormer he won't get in the team

He works as hard as Bobby from what I've seen and would probably score more at the moment

Not sure what's up with bobby think he could do with a rest and get himself back to his best

There's no denying Bobby needs a goal but he's so important to us especially in the big games.

Kev0909
29th September 2020, 07:50 AM
Most over-rated player in the team, against popular opinion but you know

I can't get it out my head how many we'd score with a different striker who's top quality, and mane and salah would still do there shit without him imo they're both amazing running with the ball and both help each other

Don't know why Minamino joined us if he wanted to play, will never get chance over Firmino even if he plays shit

Balinkay
29th September 2020, 07:56 AM
I'm just so happy the likes of Barca and PSG seem to share your views on him, Kev. :D

justme
29th September 2020, 08:04 AM
I think Minamino will get lots of games this season..he will play in the leage cup and after the international break. I think hes likely to start numerous games ahead off Firmino

Kev0909
29th September 2020, 08:10 AM
I'm just so happy the likes of Barca and PSG seem to share your views on him, Kev. :D

Because they've all made bids for him ain't they

Not linked to salah or mane more or anything

"Oh he doesn't score and played like shite so far but at least he runs and works hard" - isn't that most of klopps team?

We may be fine in the league, but champions league? need to take chances, and have allison fit ofc, unlike v atletico...

Kev0909
29th September 2020, 08:11 AM
I think Minamino will get lots of games this season..he will play in the leage cup and after the international break. I think hes likely to start numerous games ahead off Firmino

depends how long we're in the league cup for if klopp doesn't take it serious can see us losing to arsenal

Balinkay
29th September 2020, 08:55 AM
Because they've all made bids for him ain't they

... that's the point...

Kev0909
29th September 2020, 09:29 AM
... that's the point...

Yes but I wonder why if he's so world class as people make him out to be

Balinkay
29th September 2020, 11:25 AM
Yes but I wonder why if he's so world class as people make him out to be

Because Barca and PSG are idiots? :D

Ok, ok, I'm being harsh. But can you imagine them going for a quiet hard working player instead of a super flashy prima donna? Not sure I can.

CCTV
29th September 2020, 04:21 PM
Because Barca and PSG are idiots? :D

Ok, ok, I'm being harsh. But can you imagine them going for a quiet hard working player instead of a super flashy prima donna? Not sure I can.

How vulgarian of you !!

(Shut up, I've been working on that for several years :D)

Balinkay
29th September 2020, 05:05 PM
Hahaha, nice one, CC! :D Can see you've been using your time well. :D Thought the same thing recently when listening to this extremely strange piece:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reOLeLX0Q9U&ab_channel=InternationalPlayboyBonVivant

ianlfc
29th September 2020, 06:28 PM
Most over-rated player in the team, against popular opinion but you know

I can't get it out my head how many we'd score with a different striker who's top quality, and mane and salah would still do there shit without him imo they're both amazing running with the ball and both help each other

Don't know why Minamino joined us if he wanted to play, will never get chance over Firmino even if he plays shit

There's a tweet knocking about which goes along the lines. If you're asking why Bobby doesn't score more goals, It's like asking a conductor why he doesn't play the violin.

LFC vs PFC
29th September 2020, 07:57 PM
Because a conductors job isn't to play the violin. Bobby's job is to score.

He gets a free pass a lot as he plays cute flicks, however, his pass rate must be pretty low and he continues to miss chances he should score.

scientificred
30th September 2020, 04:10 PM
Lijnders compares Minamino to Firmino
https://www.thisisanfield.com/2020/09/lijnders-compares-minamino-firmino-and-reveals-diogo-jotas-uncoachable-quality/?utm_source=webpush

ianlfc
30th September 2020, 05:05 PM
Because a conductors job isn't to play the violin. Bobby's job is to score.

He gets a free pass a lot as he plays cute flicks, however, his pass rate must be pretty low and he continues to miss chances he should score.

His job is to help the team win and over the past couple of years they haven't done too bad.

Steveo
30th September 2020, 06:53 PM
His job is to help the team win and over the past couple of years they haven't done too bad.

Very good point Ian.

scientificred
30th September 2020, 07:20 PM
Very good point Ian.

Minamino appears quite patient - his time will come hopefully and all things being well will get more game time as this season progresses.

redebreck
1st October 2020, 02:58 PM
Hahaha, nice one, CC! :D Can see you've been using your time well. :D Thought the same thing recently when listening to this extremely strange piece:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reOLeLX0Q9U&ab_channel=InternationalPlayboyBonVivant

Very catchy. Particularly liked "work the women with my club"

CCTV
1st October 2020, 03:07 PM

Very good :), but could he best baroness bomburst.... the vulgarian tyrant

ianlfc
1st October 2020, 09:57 PM
Bobby would've scored that chance in the first half.

justincredible
1st October 2020, 09:58 PM
Lol

Kev0909
1st October 2020, 09:59 PM

You sure? he's missed some easy chances himself

#Brewsterin

only one that can hit a barn door

justme
1st October 2020, 09:59 PM

And Minimino would have scored some Firmino missed. am thinking the little tappy shot he had a coupla weeks back in the penalty area

ianlfc
1st October 2020, 10:01 PM
In fact he would've stuck it in not even looking, Bobby style.

justme
1st October 2020, 10:04 PM
Minamino was a lost soul tonight. which is easy to understand he had Grujic/Jones and Wilson in the middle.. Only player out of the 4 thats an holding midfielder is Grujic.
Minamino with the 3 usual midfielders behind him.. Mane and Salah either side would make his job much easier.

Balinkay
1st October 2020, 10:05 PM
You sure? he's missed some easy chances himself

#Brewsterin

only one that can hit a barn door

Apparently not from 12 yards though, if the CC game is anything to go by! :D

miller0863
1st October 2020, 10:06 PM
He was poor today and not just because his miss affetively knocked us out of the cup.

ianlfc
1st October 2020, 10:06 PM
Minamino was a lost soul tonight. which is easy to understand he had Grujic/Jones and Wilson in the middle.. Only player out of the 4 thats an holding midfielder is Grujic.
Minamino with the 3 usual midfielders behind him.. Mane and Salah either side would make his job much easier.

Tonight was good game time for him, a full 90 minutes so if he's called upon in the coming weeks he'll be up to speed.

Kev0909
1st October 2020, 10:08 PM
Tonight was good game time for him, a full 90 minutes so if he's called upon in the coming weeks he'll be up to speed.

yeeeeeeeeeeeah that's the spirit Ian!

Insidious
15th December 2020, 07:37 PM
With Jota out for a bit and a couple of injuries to midfield, Taki has a chance.

He's versatile. That may stand to him.

RedNoodle
15th December 2020, 07:52 PM
He's a certainly a few things Sid. Unfortunately for him/us, currently none of them are positive attributes,

dicko1969
16th December 2020, 03:10 AM
He was very impressive the other night.
Hard working very busy all over the park.
And scored a perfectly good goal.

A bit of confidence and more minutes on the pitch over the next few weeks expect to see him play more.

Brilliant attitude.

dicko1969
16th December 2020, 03:11 AM
With Jota out for a bit and a couple of injuries to midfield, Taki has a chance.

He's versatile. That may stand to him.

Very good player

RedNoodle
16th December 2020, 03:22 AM
He needs to bulk up a bit.

justme
16th December 2020, 09:18 AM
Its not a matter of bulking up. Its a matter of him learning to not turn from a standing position. he gets caught to often.
He needs to run of the person behind him and collect the ball. He stands there waiting,and you dont get that luxury.

ianlfc
16th December 2020, 09:49 AM
Its not a matter of bulking up. Its a matter of him learning to not turn from a standing position. he gets caught to often.
He needs to run of the person behind him and collect the ball. He stands there waiting,and you dont get that luxury.

many a good player has turned up to the Premier league and found the speed of it hard to get used to. You only have to look at Haverez at Chelsea.

Steveo
16th December 2020, 11:09 AM
He is small but I see a quality player in there. Might not work here but he hasn’t exactly had much of a chance to prove himself has he?

Klopp - who was never much of a player himself does try to crowbar players into certain roles that they might not be best suited to.

With luck he emerges and shows the end product his talent deserves.

redebreck
16th December 2020, 03:57 PM
He needs to bulk up a bit.

many a good player has turned up to the Premier league and found the speed of it hard to get used to. You only have to look at Haverez at Chelsea.

He is small but I see a quality player in there. Might not work here but he hasn’t exactly had much of a chance to prove himself has he?

Klopp - who was never much of a player himself does try to crowbar players into certain roles that they might not be best suited to.

With luck he emerges and shows the end product his talent deserves.

He looks lightweight but I'm sure the coaching staff are working on his strength.
Look at Sadio. He looks slight but is as strong as f&ck.

ianlfc
19th December 2020, 06:49 PM
Bloody delighted for him today, a great goal, very good all round performance. A huge improvement from earlier appearances.

skyebo
19th December 2020, 07:59 PM
You won't see the best of him when he starts one game, then gets dropped for the next few.

CCTV
19th December 2020, 09:04 PM
Delighted for him, apparently he can't stop smiling :)

Insidious
19th December 2020, 10:49 PM
You won't see the best of him when he starts one game, then gets dropped for the next few.

Hard for him to break in, but he is versatile - could come on for the last 20-30 for almost any spot in the front five and not disgrace himself.

That alone makes him a very valuable squad player - plus affords him more opportunities for playing time.

Nineteenx
19th December 2020, 11:12 PM
Bloody delighted for him today, a great goal, very good all round performance. A huge improvement from earlier appearances.

Hardly surprising though, it's the first game he's started playing at LFWD, he played predominantly RFWD and sometimes LFWD for Salzburg, he's not a No9, definitely not in the Premier League

southernboy
19th December 2020, 11:15 PM

Yup. I was gutted for him with the recent disallowed goal. You could see what it meant to him today. He really should have scored a second.

dicko1969
20th December 2020, 01:01 AM
Today
Minamino and Bobby

Told all the haters STFU !! 🤣👊

skyebo
20th December 2020, 12:33 PM
Hard for him to break in, but he is versatile - could come on for the last 20-30 for almost any spot in the front five and not disgrace himself.

That alone makes him a very valuable squad player - plus affords him more opportunities for playing time.

I like him Sid.

Insidious
20th December 2020, 01:16 PM
Oh I know you do mate, speaking in generalities and your point offered an excellent segue/elaboration opportunity.