PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Firmino...

dicko1969
23rd December 2019, 05:51 PM
Si senor , give the ball to Bobby and he will score.

The first year or so people were complaining about how he was a waste of money and so on.

Same like Henderson or Wijnaldum.

Funny how the haters sshhhh after trophy wins.

miller0863
23rd December 2019, 06:05 PM
To be fair his role has evolved over his time here. Using him as an out and out CF and relying on him for the majority of our goals was not using his strengths to their full potential.

dicko1969
23rd December 2019, 06:08 PM
The ultimate false 9.

Steveo
23rd December 2019, 06:10 PM
True... :D

skyebo
23rd December 2019, 06:17 PM
He's the glue that holds everything together. Phenominal workrate.

ianlfc
23rd December 2019, 06:35 PM
Since he's been moved to his new role he's the best in the world at it. I wouldn't want any other player and I was a doubters when he signed.
Plus he's song is amazing. I hope I'm not the only one who sings it Into themselves 😂😂

teesred
23rd December 2019, 06:57 PM
Great player but its also not unfair to say that he hasnt been at his best for sometime. Saturday he was good and wednesdays cameo for a goal was great too. Hopefully is on the up again for the second half of what could be absolutley beyond our wildests.

TheDOC1979
23rd December 2019, 07:49 PM
Firminos assist alone are what makes me patient with him. Henderson I’ve always liked. Wijnaldum has yet to show me personally what he can contribute.

Funny how some take the piss out of other team fans calling their players by their first names, yet it’s ok on here? Weird.

Anyways...Wijnaldum is still shit!

Aldo1988
23rd December 2019, 08:24 PM
He's so shit, Jürgen picks him all the time. Proper shite he is 🙄

Insidious
23rd December 2019, 08:59 PM
Difficult-to-predict players like Bobby are the sort that can make such an incredible difference in awkward games.

He could easily be the Hero against Atletico Madrid for example.

southernboy
23rd December 2019, 11:50 PM
People complain when he showboats, but by fuck when it works, it’s a beautiful sight.

TheDOC1979
24th December 2019, 11:44 AM
People complain when he showboats, but by fuck when it works, it’s a beautiful sight.

That flick to Mane was sublime. Can’t remember against who. Setting up Salah’s goals against Newcastle was better than sex

Nineteenx
25th December 2019, 02:47 PM
Bobby's brilliant, selfless, works his ass off, superb technician, needs to do a little bit of back to basics finishing, putting his foot through it ;) Not hit top form in terms of goals or assists yet this season, but a lot has changed, teams defend against him and us better and Jurgen has been evolving how we play and tweaking things to make us more fluid, can NOT fucking wait until that starts to all click, we're going to be in for some brilliant stuff

CCTV
26th December 2019, 04:42 PM
Great player but its also not unfair to say that he hasnt been at his best for sometime. Saturday he was good and wednesdays cameo for a goal was great too. Hopefully is on the up again for the second half of what could be absolutley beyond our wildests.

Agree with that, he's shanked some good goalscoring chances and is below par for goals scored. Bit off his best in tackles intercepts etc.

Like Keita hopefully this little upturn in end product carries over to the premier league starting today :)

A brace, no less please

CCTV
26th December 2019, 04:44 PM
Since he's been moved to his new role he's the best in the world at it. I wouldn't want any other player and I was a doubters when he signed.
Plus he's song is amazing. I hope I'm not the only one who sings it Into themselves 😂😂

You'll never sing alone :) It's a nice little working away tune.

Safe to say the best player song presently?? VVDs a close second.

dicko1969
26th December 2019, 10:59 PM
Si Senor

Nineteenx
26th December 2019, 11:02 PM
Bobby's brilliant, selfless, works his ass off, superb technician, needs to do a little bit of back to basics finishing, putting his foot through it ;) Not hit top form in terms of goals or assists yet this season, but a lot has changed, teams defend against him and us better and Jurgen has been evolving how we play and tweaking things to make us more fluid, can NOT fucking wait until that starts to all click, we're going to be in for some brilliant stuff

Yeeeeeaaaaaaaah 2 goals for Bobby get the fucking FUCK in

Insidious
27th December 2019, 01:21 AM
https://youtu.be/XMCEyNp35TY

redebreck
27th December 2019, 01:30 AM
Agree with that, he's shanked some good goalscoring chances and is below par for goals scored. Bit off his best in tackles intercepts etc.

Like Keita hopefully this little upturn in end product carries over to the premier league starting today :)

A brace, no less please

nice forecast, or guess?

Nineteenx
28th December 2019, 11:23 AM
2 great goals by Bobby against Leicester, he needs to build on that with more goals and assists for the rest of the campaign now, I don't care which, never bothered me, I don't care who scores the goals as long as they get scored, I'd give bonuses for the pass before the assist too as it's quite often brilliant and makes laying on the assist easy. I care about our lads continually working hard to improve and develop and making the right decisions as often as possible, a very high percent of the time and the team scoring goals and winning

Loved both Bobby's goals, his header was perfect and the ball in from Trent and technique and execution of the delivery was absolutely superb, the camera angle often doesn't give a full look at the technique, but the one for Trent's assist for this goal was perfect and showed it in all its glory

The second is something Bobby can build on, it was briliiant touch and show of strength and determination to bring the ball inside away from their player (normal for Bobby), it was a great run and visual communication from Milner and a perfectly weighted short ball from Bobby (mostly normal for Bobby) and also a great run from Trent and good vision, direction and weight of pass for him from Millie (normal by Trent, mostly normal from Millie) what was different and should be normal for Bobby but hasn't always been this season is after he played the ball to Millie he set off very quickly to get in the box and took a brilliant position off where our other players were in the box, that's what he needs to do a lot more of, he has had a tendency in a lot of games of late, to play a great ball, set up or start the play and then watch it, when he should be steaming into the box, so more of him getting in the box would be brilliant.

What came next was double brilliance, great ball into a good area by Trent absolutely drilled in and a sublime deft stab touch with his outstep to control it by Bobby and great body shape to leave their keeper and defender sprawling thinking he was doing something else to give him a second to coolly, calmly and expertly steer the ball into the opposite top corner

Kev0909
28th December 2019, 11:44 AM
Beautiful brazillian marry me

dicko1969
28th December 2019, 01:17 PM
Yesterday on ESPN brasil they were talking about Bobby. Saying that he wasn't appreciated that much in Brazil.

So I wrote a tweet.

And Si Senor i got on the telly :) ahaha

Nineteenx
3rd January 2020, 06:52 AM
Mixed bag from Bobby tonight, was frustrating in the final third at times, took too many touches on a few occasions, picked the wrong ball on quite a few as well, nearly scored an absolutely sublime goal cutting in from the left in the second half though and made the play really well and got vital interceptions in all over the pitch too

Think he can be improve in the final third by playing the ball earlier at times and working on his decision making, also would like to see a bit more of his brilliant Brazilian flair at times, we all know he has the scoop ball in his locker where he can just lift it over the defender from just outside the box for Mo or Mane to try and get on the end of as we've all seen him do it 2 or 3 times. If you look at the positions Mo was in 2 or 3 times when Bobby took a touch too many, I'd like to see him shape to play the ball with his right, but rather than play it, plant his foot next to it and quickly play a deft little ball through the defenders legs or behind the defenders standing foot for Mo with his other foot, it's a really simple but effective technique, get 30-45 degrees to the ball, shape to make the pass the defender's expecting, but instead plant your right foot next to it and instantly poke it through the gap the defender's move to block the pass he thinks is coming with your left, then it won't matter if he takes a touch too many at times

dicko1969
3rd January 2020, 07:20 AM
A bit harsh
They had 4 players on him every time
It was like playground stuff, bodies in the way.
Pretty much impossible to go through them in the middle of defence.
Play back the video

If anyone frustrates it is Mo. His passing lacks application. Too lackadaisical.

All the front 3 play a bit individual. But that's a sign of a selfish striker.

The final ball was really hard to find the space for.

There was one move so slick just that final part.

Sheffield very well drilled and disciplined.

Tough game tonight.

Nineteenx
3rd January 2020, 07:48 AM
A bit harsh
They had 4 players on him every time
It was like playground stuff, bodies in the way.
Pretty much impossible to go through them in the middle of defence.
Play back the video

If anyone frustrates it is Mo. His passing lacks application. Too lackadaisical.

All the front 3 play a bit individual. But that's a sign of a selfish striker.

The final ball was really hard to find the space for.

There was one move so slick just that final part.

Sheffield very well drilled and disciplined.

Tough game tonight.

I'm not really criticising Bobby, he was brilliant all over the pitch as ever, just like him to try a bit of the old Bobby dazzler Brazilian magic when teams try and crowd him out like that, I'm just greedy, I know he's got more ;)

Steveo
3rd January 2020, 11:37 AM
Yep - but think all 3 have looked jaded to be fair at times. Salah was on it last night (perhaps benefitting from a few rests?) but both Firmino and Mane were miles off their best.. Understandable too.

This is why although the FA Cup tie is a derby and at home - I wouldn't play either of those 2 - we need them for the league.. Need to keep this run going as long as we can.

Kev0909
3rd January 2020, 02:21 PM
There's injury's everywhere at the moment, some long term due to fixture pile up, it needs looked at.

But we need to be really careful with these lads upfront, only thing that will hinder us is a injury crisis

Joetan991
3rd January 2020, 03:12 PM
Where are you from 19 ?

Nineteenx
3rd January 2020, 05:54 PM
Where are you from 19 ?

Near Blackpool now, lived in London for 13 years and Manchester for 10 (unfortunately) when I did lots of touring work with live bands, worldwide, lots in Germany too, with a German band called Mucky Pup as support who were pretty entertaining, great times, spent about 6-8 months of my life touring the entire US, Japan was good, apart from the ducking, I'm 6'4" and everything was a bit low for me :D The Big Day out festival in Australia was also awesome, we got a pay advance and went there for 2 weeks holiday prior being as our flights were being paid for.

I enjoyed touring, always tried to take in the culture, as in what people in all those countries really got up to and how their society was, while all the others were queuing up to go and see The Empire States Building and things like that, I'd be on the Subway to the Bronx and Harlem, in diners, coffee shops and bars and wandering the streets seeing how things really were or going to local cultural festivals when we had a day off, we usually only had one a week

Insidious
5th January 2020, 01:26 AM
Expecting a moment of quality from our Bobby that is a vital contribution in the Atletico tie.

Nineteenx
5th January 2020, 02:38 AM
Expecting a moment of quality from our Bobby that is a vital contribution in the Atletico tie.

Only one? ;)

Balinkay
5th January 2020, 01:01 PM
While it wouldn't be fun, a hard fought 1-1 over there and a tactically well contested but ultimately boring goalless draw at Anfield with a total of three shots on target would be an …interesting… change.

Nineteenx
10th January 2020, 08:56 PM
Bobby Bobby Bobby come on Bobby lad, time for more of the Bobby razzle dazzle

g4Ao-c_q34A

Nineteenx
10th January 2020, 09:04 PM
AND, I found the figure skating equivalent to Bobby

iXZlr1wlaaQ

Always cracked me up, if I scored at certain grounds against certain managers, I'd run straight up to their dug out and bust the old 'Fuck em and chuck em move' followed by the trigger pulls for pure banter

Nineteenx
10th January 2020, 10:15 PM
Si Senor

CXBkDzNhjkU

ianlfc
11th January 2020, 07:27 PM
What a fucking finish !!!

fiordearg
11th January 2020, 10:06 PM
Classsss

Nineteenx
11th January 2020, 10:20 PM
Top class from Bobby, need to work on our RCM making late runs as the ball has been played to him to support him and give him an easy or easier lay off when teams are trying to crowd him out, they usually have two of 3 mids in the centre all converging on him when teams try that tactic, needs our RCM to make those late runs to be found in the space inside right alongside him and Mo to make a run to support that player at the same time, outside in, or inside out to open the channel, then back in for a ball through it

ianlfc
11th January 2020, 10:27 PM
The best in world! !

Steveo
12th January 2020, 10:08 AM
“José Mourinho’s embrace of the untouchable Brazilian was as close as Tottenham got to Jürgen Klopp’s match-winner on a day when Spurs were left chasing red ghosts”

....our number 9..

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2020/jan/11/roberto-firmino-liverpool-tottenham-jose-mourinho#comments

stevie harkness
12th January 2020, 10:10 AM
“José Mourinho’s embrace of the untouchable Brazilian was as close as Tottenham got to Jürgen Klopp’s match-winner on a day when Spurs were left chasing red ghosts”

....our number 9..

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2020/jan/11/roberto-firmino-liverpool-tottenham-jose-mourinho#comments

Great article, even some of the comments:

"Even when he’s a bit crap he is fascinating to watch. Such a unique player."

Steveo
12th January 2020, 10:34 AM
He is truly a unique and wonderful player.

Balinkay
12th January 2020, 10:44 AM
Looked on the expensive side when we bought him, but it seems like a bargain now. Amazing player.

Nineteenx
12th January 2020, 01:23 PM
Looked on the expensive side when we bought him, but it seems like a bargain now. Amazing player.

Top top class He did the 'no look' celebration but it wasn't 'no look' he'd looked before he fooled the defender, world class technique though, he knew where the goal was, didn't look as he was in the motion of striking it, it was only at the last split second as he struck it that his technique revealed exactly where we was putting it and he blasted it, but how he was shaped until then looked to the keeper like he was going to blast it near post. All players should practice that, it's not hard with practice and it's pretty devastating, because the keeper doesn't know where your shot's going and can't read it in any way

faridtoxteth
12th January 2020, 02:11 PM
Top top class He did the 'no look' celebration but it wasn't 'no look' he'd looked before he fooled the defender, world class technique though, he knew where the goal was, didn't look as he was in the motion of striking it, it was only at the last split second as he struck it that his technique revealed exactly where we was putting it and he blasted it, but how he was shaped until then looked to the keeper like he was going to blast it near post. All players should practice that, it's not hard with practice and it's pretty devastating, because the keeper doesn't know where your shot's going and can't read it in any way

I think his celebration was a reference to the one eyed celebration he did after vertongen (was it?) poked his eye out last season against spurs.

dicko1969
12th January 2020, 08:16 PM
Firmino has redefined the false 9 position

Nineteenx
12th January 2020, 08:56 PM
I think his celebration was a reference to the one eyed celebration he did after vertongen (was it?) poked his eye out last season against spurs.

Oh, I didn't know that, some fucker did that to me at a corner once, thumbed me right in the eye, knocked it out of shape, played the rest of the game seeing 2 or 3 of everything and guessing which ball was the real one, might me fell quite sick, he knocked the lens out of shape, it went back to it's proper shape on it's own, can't remember how long it took

Nineteenx
12th January 2020, 10:02 PM
It was double world class by Bobby, did the defender and keeper twice with slight movement and body shape, that's the Bobby Brazilian razzle dazzle I was looking for, draws the defender by shaping as though he's going to go right footed, to move him half a yard and get him on the wrong foot (weight on the wrong foot) which allows him to let it come onto his left with the time to take a touch, then the super last split second change of body shape having fooled everyone he was going near post with the strike, top top class

Insidious
13th January 2020, 12:38 AM
Firmino has redefined the false 9 position

Firmino is a False Zero mate.

He is a footballing Keyser Söze.

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled is convincing the World he didn't exist.

Nineteenx
13th January 2020, 01:43 AM
Yes Bobby iDORnfyW6A0

And Hendo highly influential

Bobby's early chance was also brilliantly created for himself with superb disguise, that's the heel turn/Cryuff turn adaptation I've been going on about, shape for all the world as though you're going to smash it with your right, as the defender comes across to block clip it with the heel of your right foot behind your left standing foot, with that touch setting you up to instantly plant your right foot next to the ball and smash it home with your left, or lay if off to a better placed player

Nineteenx
14th January 2020, 05:37 PM
Si Senor, top top class our Bobby, loved seeing him take shots on a bit more regularly and get himself in the box more in our last few games too, there are quite a few times he gets the ball on the edge of the opposition box or a little bit further out when he gets crowded out waiting for the run from Mane or Mo when with his ability you wish he'd take the defender one way to clip it back onto his other foot and just absolutely smash it into the back of the net

svGTfJquJjU

Insidious
14th January 2020, 07:06 PM
If we had to sell one of our front three, Firmino would probably be the last of the three on my list.

Feel like he could form a creative understanding with almost anyone.

Nineteenx
15th January 2020, 03:37 AM
If we had to sell one of our front three, Firmino would probably be the last of the three on my list.

Feel like he could form a creative understanding with almost anyone.

I imagine a scenario in which if we were to sign MBappe all four forwards would feature at some stage in almost every game and all get proper rest, which could very much prolong Mane's, Bobby's and Salah's ability to keep performing at the levels they are, so I don't envisage any issues or need to sell any of them and we'd be aiming to win every single trophy available to us every season

faridtoxteth
16th January 2020, 12:31 AM
Heres a quite intense video of Alisson Becker helping to baptise Bobby Firmino. Don't know how old it is, but I think it's recent. Even a cynical guy like me found it quite moving.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUD3191W8qw

CCTV
16th January 2020, 12:47 AM
Heres a quite intense video of Alisson Becker helping to baptise Bobby Firmino. Don't know how old it is, but I think it's recent. Even a cynical guy like me found it quite moving.

Nice to see :)

Such a nice and respectful group of lads at the club.

Nineteenx
16th January 2020, 06:35 AM

Yeah I saw that on a link from Newsnow, really touching video, not only are all our lads mentality monsters, they're all really great lads

Nineteenx
16th January 2020, 06:37 PM
Allisson and Bobby our brilliant Brazilians

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/382580-alisson-becker-roberto-firmino-teammate-honour-interview

Nineteenx
19th January 2020, 08:50 PM
Unlucky to have a perfectly good goal chalked off today and great that he took it on from where he got it and it was a brilliant finish bent around the defender too, shit happens, great mentality from the lads, they never think about anything they can't affect and just focus on what they can affect, exactly as it should be

CCTV
19th January 2020, 08:56 PM
Think perfectly good is stretching it a bit.

Harshly ruled out:D, VVD had a bit of momentum and if it's there as a rule to stop teams klobbering the keeper all the time, I'll take it.

Nineteenx
19th January 2020, 09:01 PM
Think perfectly good is stretching it a bit.

Harshly ruled out:D, VVD had a bit of momentum and if it's there as a rule to stop teams klobbering the keeper all the time, I'll take it.

Watch it again, he jumps straight up, he has a tiny amount of forward momentum, but if anything, it's taking him slightly away from De Gea and he bumps into Virgil rather than it being the other way round, the reason it was ruled out was for obstruction with the claim being Virgil wasn't making any attempt to play the ball

Insidious
19th January 2020, 09:06 PM
Reminded me a little of the Suarez goal v Stoke in the Cup, much as the Salah goal reminded me of the N'gog goal in the 09/10 game against United.

Great finish and performance today.

shminkyred
19th January 2020, 09:11 PM

got to love that ....whatever you believe in

CCTV
19th January 2020, 09:27 PM
Watch it again, he jumps straight up, he has a tiny amount of forward momentum, but if anything, it's taking him slightly away from De Gea and he bumps into Virgil rather than it being the other way round, the reason it was ruled out was for obstruction with the claim being Virgil wasn't making any attempt to play the ball

Harsh one to take but I wasn't surprised var overturned it.

Nineteenx
19th January 2020, 09:33 PM
Harsh one to take but I wasn't surprised var overturned it.

I like to complain afterwards :D It never bothers me in the games, my mentality's been adjusted like that re refereeing decisions then VAR decisions after its introduction, I said for years our players needed to accept that refs would give wrong decisions against them and get on with the game and affecting what they can affect, like Virgil said "If VAR rules it out it's done, that's it"

CCTV
19th January 2020, 09:44 PM
A good way to be. I cant help but give little ref watches in the mt.

Nineteenx
19th January 2020, 09:54 PM
Bobby also made an absolutely crucial header from a filthy corner to save what looked a certain goal

justincredible
22nd January 2020, 09:22 AM
Bobby dazzler.......

https://www.empireofthekop.com/2020/01/20/video-amazing-new-angle-of-firmino-embarrassing-wan-bissaka-surfaces/

Nineteenx
22nd January 2020, 09:47 AM
Bobby dazzler.......

https://www.empireofthekop.com/2020/01/20/video-amazing-new-angle-of-firmino-embarrassing-wan-bissaka-surfaces/

Absolutely bummed him

Nineteenx
22nd January 2020, 10:58 AM
Each next game can't come soon enough for me, loving the greater movement and rotation through the positions up top, think they're all still improving, I'm increasingly excited to see what Bobby does, I'm expecting him to be banging in more goals and creating more, he's showing such confidence and a lot more of that razzle dazzle Brazilian brilliance, his incorrectly ruled out strike on Sunday was brilliant, loved his heel clip v Spurs to take it behind his standing foot onto his left for his early chance, I used to bust that move a lot so it's a particular favourite of mine, there's no show boating about Bobby's razzle dazzle either, just top top skill to get half a yard to shoot or try and tee a team mate up, he suddenly looks to me like he might bang a goal in or create one at any given moment

Nineteenx
24th January 2020, 12:19 AM
Each next game can't come soon enough for me, loving the greater movement and rotation through the positions up top, think they're all still improving, I'm increasingly excited to see what Bobby does, I'm expecting him to be banging in more goals and creating more, he's showing such confidence and a lot more of that razzle dazzle Brazilian brilliance, his incorrectly ruled out strike on Sunday was brilliant, loved his heel clip v Spurs to take it behind his standing foot onto his left for his early chance, I used to bust that move a lot so it's a particular favourite of mine, there's no show boating about Bobby's razzle dazzle either, just top top skill to get half a yard to shoot or try and tee a team mate up, he suddenly looks to me like he might bang a goal in or create one at any given moment

Yeeeeeaaaaah and Bobby dazzler DID NOT disappoint, another brilliant goal and bit of Brazilian razzle dazzle

Nineteenx
24th January 2020, 05:39 PM
Absolute quality from Bobby and from Hendo, Hendo's vision, positioning and awareness to feed Bobby is top top class, and Bobby's finish and disguise in his lightning quick change of direction to leave Coady on his arse is genius. Hendo's positioning for a counter press to be available to get involved in the move or quickly press if it breaks down is absolute perfection.

You can watch this video free, all you have to do is register on the offal, you don't have to sign up, they provide quite a few good free videos that give a few different camera angles

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/384097-free-video-roberto-firmino-finish-secures-wolves-victory

Nineteenx
28th January 2020, 05:45 PM
Bobby Firmino, they were asking Jurgen about Bobby in today's presser, commenting he has scored 10 but they have all come away from home, Jurgen "Well, thankfully we have an away game next" :D :D

Watched Bobby's goal v Wolves again several times such a top top class goal, the run, the change of direction, but the touch to change direction was also the touch out of feet to set the ball where he wanted it to absolutely drill it home, sets it, runs onto it, foot next to the ball, hand over the ball, absolutely fucking drills it, absolute fucking class

Nineteenx
28th January 2020, 05:54 PM
Absolute class

kR0AjGMNSdo

Nineteenx
30th January 2020, 12:12 AM
MOTM tonight, a brilliant display, deserved a goal, the old Brazilian razzle dazzle is pure magic to watch and he looks to be coming into top top form at the very best time, long may it continue, I would absolute love it if he goes on a scoring and assisting spree for the remainder of the season

dicko1969
30th January 2020, 02:05 AM
My motm is Alisson

Followed by Ox then Bobby

Nineteenx
30th January 2020, 04:19 AM
My motm is Alisson

Followed by Ox then Bobby

Fair play, I had a few very very close with Bobby and Allisson my top two and Bobby just nicked it for me, could easily have gone Allisson for 2 or 3 incredible saves, almost all our boys were excellent yet again, that's the great thing with this side, every time you're thinking of a MOTM it's tough, they all support each other and work so hard for each other to enable each other to play to such high levels collectively, I almost don't want to pick one some games because the team is the star of the show.

dicko1969
30th January 2020, 06:34 AM
Origi was very quiet

Nineteenx
30th January 2020, 07:03 AM
Origi was very quiet

He needs to work very hard at his game, he won the pen and did make better runs, interchanged positions a lot better and take up much better positions in the box, it was a vast improvement from all the other times he's played in Mane's position in that respect.

I'm patient and very supportive of all our players, but his lack of that movement and interchanging of positions with the other forwards and getting in the damn box when the play had been switched to our right so the ball was obviously coming into the box used to really infuriate me, I'd be there thinking, you're coming in for Mane, you must watch him and the team play, the triggers and memory and understanding of what's going to happen next must surely be ingrained in your memory for you to be react and be making runs automatically by now :D

Origi needs to work on using his considerable size and frame to get in front of players facing our goal and winning the longer balls and keeping hold of it then using it intelligently

Needs to work on his runs in behind and again using his strength in conjunction with his pace to get in behind players and go past them sometimes, and not slamming into them obviously, that knack of going body to body where your easing them out of the way as your muscle past

Needs to work on making supporting runs with his back to goal to make sure he links up with Robbo and Gini far better and make his second runs after passing or laying it off a damn site quicker

Really really needs to work on his runs from LFWD to get in the box as soon as we switch play, that's his fucking cue, it should be an instantaneous reaction to the play being switched to the right when he's a LFWD, he should be on the move immediately looking to be in a position on or just inside the corner of the penalty area to dart between their RB and RCB to the far post area or making a quicker run along the edge of the area so he can get in front of their RCB to be able to make a run between their LCB and RCB to the penalty spot or near post when the ball is played, The size of the lad, he should have been making these runs all his career to get in areas to attack crosses.

He doesn't seem to have ever learned to angle or bend his runs, whenever he's going to attack the ball he seems to run in a straight forward line to it, he must surely watch Bobby, Mane, Mo and the other lads and learn to make runs to attack the ball and take players on at the angle at some point

Needs one on one with someone practicing using his strength body to body and rolling players or muscling past them, develop that knack of trying to go past them by shielding the ball from them having it on his foot furthest away from them, attacking them at the angle and the first step being to be to plant his foot nearest to them right next to theirs and instantly move the ball with his other foot while simultaneously going body to body with them with his shoulder and forearm and thigh of his standing foot rolling them away from the ball as he powers past with the ball

And using the angle in how he positions himself keeping the ball away from the defender by having it on his foot furthest away from them, to make them try and come round him to get it to it, all sorts of moves you can bust from there, megs them as they take their stride to try and get around and go the other side of them, clip it back across yourself onto your other foot taking it away from them with the receiving foot, step over, with instant heel clip for the megs again, etc etc etc, he tries these things, but without the necessary angle and keeping the ball away from them to make them come around and expose themselves or square themselves up, needs to go body to body a lot more and play at angles to defenders and make runs at angles more rather than playing in straight lines and seeming scared to go body to body and use his considerable size and strength

Nineteenx
30th January 2020, 07:47 AM
Class, the old Bobby Brazilian razzle dazzle

0miZJ3sOQ4I

Insidious
30th January 2020, 09:31 AM
Origi was very quiet

Origi is one of the nicest human beings around and will always have a special place in my Heart despite not being a "star" - much like appreciating Kuyt or Agger as much as Torres or Carragher.

But despite his exploits against Everton and in the Champion's League, when I think about the big picture and our chance to truly Dynasty-build again via a lens of cold, hard facts/data analysis, he just looks like a player to sell to help fund the acquisition of a better fit for what can be a truly remarkable side.

I do feel a little guilty about that, no question. But if one things of (hypothetical numbers/players here) a £35m sale of Origi and a £25m sale of Shaqiri so we can attain a £60m Werner, you can't help but think "absolutely the right decision for the Club".

I very much want him to have a great career and a happy life and I would be ecstatic if he became a Colossus for us, but he isn't going to usurp one of our front three and when we talk about improving the first XI, well, we're so damn good that most of our fans talk about bloody Mbappe!

That's just the level we are at and it isn't his fault.

Nineteenx
30th January 2020, 09:37 AM
Origi is one of the nicest human beings around and will always have a special place in my Heart despite not being a "star" - much like appreciating Kuyt or Agger as much as Torres or Carragher.

But despite his exploits against Everton and in the Champion's League, when I think about the big picture and our chance to truly Dynasty-build again via a lens of cold, hard facts/data analysis, he just looks like a player to sell to help fund the acquisition of a better fit for what can be a truly remarkable side.

I do feel a little guilty about that, no question. But if one things of (hypothetical numbers/players here) a £35m sale of Origi and a £25m sale of Shaqiri so we can attain a £60m Werner, you can't help but think "absolutely the right decision for the Club".

I very much want him to have a great career and a happy life and I would be ecstatic if he became a Colossus for us, but he isn't going to usurp one of our front three and when we talk about improving the first XI, well, we're so damn good that most of our fans talk about bloody Mbappe!

That's just the level we are at and it isn't his fault.

I think even if we sign MBappe or Werner we'll keep him for at least another season and work hard on trying to develop him further, he has everything he needs to be a top player, he just needs our coaches or some one on one coaching to help him put it altogether

Steveo
30th January 2020, 10:30 AM
Totally agree.. Origi is more than a handful (just ask the BS or Barcelona) even when he doesn't score.

He hasn't got close to his true potential yet either. Maybe he never will but he is one hell of a squad player for now. Love him to bits..

miller0863
30th January 2020, 11:39 AM
Werner and Origi would be very useful attacking options next season, along with a young up and coming pacy wide man who can score goals.

dicko1969
31st January 2020, 03:26 AM
Agree about Origi

Just sometimes you want to give him an old school kick up the backside

As I said on other thread

There is a player there... but...

Nineteenx
31st January 2020, 03:51 AM
Agree about Origi

Just sometimes you want to give him an old school kick up the backside

As I said on other thread

There is a player there... but...

Ha ha absolutely warrants a kick up the backside at times, he needs to be working harder than ever at his game now and some help putting it all together

Nineteenx
1st February 2020, 09:14 PM
3 assists today from our brilliant Brazilian with plenty of the old Brazilian razzle dazzle, he WILL score at Anfield this season ;)

Nineteenx
2nd February 2020, 09:07 AM
Brilliant run from Bobby to move Bertrand from the space Hendo was making and inside out run into and a superb ball from Big Bear and a superb ball from Captain fantastic to beat the defender and release Mo for his first, the old Bobby dazzler

fayyazms
3rd February 2020, 06:24 AM
Read this stat on bbc:

Firmino became the fifth Liverpool player to record three assists in a single Premier League match, after (most recent first) Trent Alexander-Arnold, Alberto Aquilani, Vladimir Smicer and Stan Collymore.

when did Aquilani do that? .... may be when he was fast improving?:tears_of_joy:

shminkyred
3rd February 2020, 10:45 AM
Totally agree.. Origi is more than a handful (just ask the BS or Barcelona) even when he doesn't score.

He hasn't got close to his true potential yet either. Maybe he never will but he is one hell of a squad player for now. Love him to bits..

Is it possible to play to his strengths when he's on? I feel he's more of a natural goal scorer that the others ...and in a more conventional system he would thrive....

It would be much easier to get someone who fits the system to be fair.....

Steveo
3rd February 2020, 01:52 PM
Probably true about him thriving more in a conventional system but we still need that ability to tweak the system. He offers us that so well.

shminkyred
3rd February 2020, 04:21 PM
agree...just feel kinda sorry for him! Must be a great Lad!

Nineteenx
3rd February 2020, 04:45 PM
agree...just feel kinda sorry for him! Must be a great Lad!

Origi needs to be kept hold of and a lot of work done with him in my opinion, needs a lot of work on using his immense physical stature and qualities far better, all our other lads use their body strength and lean on players, get their thigh, shoulder and forearm between them and the ball and muscle past them with it, get in front of them and get hold of the ball for us and hold onto it, Origi really doesn't do this, when teams block our lines so we look to go over midfield Origi will often have a look where their player is, like he doesn't want to bash into him or something when he should be focusing only on where the ball's going and getting hold of it.

Origi's best qualities are that he rises to big occassions, seems to find another level we don't see from him often enough when the stakes are high, not in his overall play which needs a lot of work, but in finding a crucial goal at a key moment, his main strength as a forward is following up play, looking for where the ball might break and come his way and provide him with an opportunity, a bit of a poachers instinct, look at his biggest goals for us, Champions League, he wasn't involved in any play really, he followed up on the play and when Barca's keeper was there to make the save from Hendo, he was there to pick up the pieces, in the final, he was there to be found at a half cleared corner, against the bitters he followed a hopeless looking deflected ball in just in case and scored. So if he works really hard at his game and our staff and other players with him, he could yet be a top player

He's more of a player to follow up play and pick up the pieces than one who forces the issue, commits players and creates the play and all our other forwards do those things brilliantly, which is why there's a huge drop in our ability to play as we usually do if Origi comes in for one of the front three, because he isn't ever meaningfully involved in play and doesn't do the things they do, his overall team play and working on being a far more active part of how we play and getting on the ball and creating situations or getting hold of it and using it intelligently to help create situations, especially when teams make us go over midfield or longer, improving his understanding of how we play and making far better runs and using his size and strength and being a lot more physical and bullying defenders and relishing the physical side of the game are all elements he needs to vastly improve

At times he plays the game like he's a 5'8" slight tricky little player who's going to get out powered by big defender, he needs to use what God gave him

Come on Origi, let's get physical, honestly, the size of the lad, no more pussyoing around, he should be battering defenders and striking fear into them, muscling past them and leaving them for dead, not shying away from using his immense strength

6zwPVU92-XQ

Nineteenx
7th February 2020, 10:43 PM
Loves a goal celebration our Braziliant Bobby dazzler, looking forward to seeing many MANY more ;) Mane loves it, cracks me up how he copies it, apparently he and Bobby have this running joke in which Mane copies Bobby then claims it was he who invented the celebration. Don't think this is the best combo of Bobby celebrations, there are lots more than this

t85lOMUVu_c

Nineteenx
8th February 2020, 06:01 PM
The creator supreme and also talismanic scorer of vital goals, I love that he's banging a few more in now and long may that continue, I did think for a spell he was frequently looking for the next pass and to play someone in when it was on for him to drill it home himself, shoot Bobby SHOOT ;) And more Braziliant razzle dazzle too, more of the right foot heel clip back onto your left as the touch out of feet for the shot, a left foot step over to megs with your right foot from behind your left would be very much appreciate too :D

g4Ao-c_q34A

Nineteenx
16th February 2020, 02:50 AM
Superb again today, I don't hold the miss against him, everything else he did was brilliant and most of it only prevented by some outstanding defending by Norwich, that last ditch challenge to prevent a goal of the season contender in particular and I don't think the ball from Trent for the missed chance was great, should have been on the deck at that pace

Nineteenx
24th February 2020, 05:53 PM
Bobby's due a goal at Anfield me thinks, maybe he'll get it tonight

This is brilliant

W39IWlHFkgo

Kev0909
24th February 2020, 11:08 PM
Seems to be fading a bit throughout the season, tiredness?

He's a great player, and I don't want to replace him, but I think we could do with a clinical player, too.

Nineteenx
24th February 2020, 11:24 PM
Bobby's top top class, scored some vital goals for us this season, anyone who claims to support us and hasn't yet grasped that all 3 of our forwards are very rarely at their clinical best in every game and when one or two of them aren't at their very best, the other pops up with the vital goals is a football illiterate or a child who thinks it's FIFA or fantasy manager

Insidious
24th February 2020, 11:27 PM
It's tricky with Firmino - I am sure if we watched that game for a second time watching only him, it would show lots of moments of him dropping into midfield and doing a lot of the unceremonious "critical non-essentials" but you always are tempted to judge him by what happens in the final third due to his position.

I would absolutely love him to have a blinder against Atletico. When he is at his best he can really drag players out of position and it facilitates so much for those around him.

dicko1969
25th February 2020, 01:25 AM
Seems to be fading a bit throughout the season, tiredness?

He's a great player, and I don't want to replace him, but I think we could do with a clinical player, too.
He was on fire 1st half v Norwich

Nineteenx
25th February 2020, 01:35 AM
It's tricky with Firmino - I am sure if we watched that game for a second time watching only him, it would show lots of moments of him dropping into midfield and doing a lot of the unceremonious "critical non-essentials" but you always are tempted to judge him by what happens in the final third due to his position.

I would absolutely love him to have a blinder against Atletico. When he is at his best he can really drag players out of position and it facilitates so much for those around him.

If he's not there making that run near post Mane doesn't get our winner

Nineteenx
25th February 2020, 02:24 AM
I think anyone knocking Bobby needs to look at the highlights, Salah's goal, Bobby makes a run taking 2 defenders with him, Mane's goal Bobby makes a run taking 2 defenders with him, without that, neither goal gets scored

6NLr1EvNllE

dicko1969
7th March 2020, 03:35 PM
No Anfield goal 325 days

ianlfc
7th March 2020, 03:45 PM
He's going to need one come off his arse by the looks of it at Anfield.

Martyboy
7th March 2020, 03:47 PM
No Anfield goal 325 days

Wednesday night on the biggest stage hopefully The BOBmaster general will strike!!....:peaceful:

stevie harkness
7th March 2020, 03:52 PM
Wednesday night on the biggest stage hopefully The BOBmaster general will strike!!....:peaceful:

Was going to post the same, and we can all act surprised when he does!

He 'wasn't himself' in December but then popped up and won us the World Club Championship

dicko1969
7th March 2020, 03:56 PM
Not having a go.
He offers much more

Just surprised

CCTV
7th March 2020, 03:59 PM
He's going to need one come off his arse by the looks of it at Anfield.

He doesn't have Mane's arse though.....

Balinkay
7th March 2020, 04:19 PM
A brace against Atletico will do me.

dicko1969
7th March 2020, 04:50 PM
A brace against Atletico will do me.
Leave Bobby's teeth alone

LFC vs PFC
7th March 2020, 09:58 PM
Each to their own but I think he's been stinking the place out for weeks now. His intricate passing isn't coming off at the moment and his basic passing is suffering too. I think he's suffering under the weight of expectation, and I think a top quality striker to rotate in is just what he needs to take the pressure off.

Nineteenx
7th March 2020, 10:14 PM
Each to their own but I think he's been stinking the place out for weeks now. His intricate passing isn't coming off at the moment and his basic passing is suffering too. I think he's suffering under the weight of expectation, and I think a top quality striker to rotate in is just what he needs to take the pressure off.

I think he's been missing our press being as good as it was and our distribution being better in Fabinho's absence too, he was on fire until we changed and in commentary today Macca pointed out several times that he was making the runs and not being picked out, I said the same not just of Firmino, but of several players after we changed things, it changed the dynamic, the distribution from No6 was suddenly non-existent and our press and counter press was suddenly getting broken frequently.

I know it's an unpopular opinion, but changing what was working brilliantly to accommodate bringing Fabinho back in, who's been poor and affected the team's incredible form detrimentally was a major fuck up by Jurgen, he an absolutely incredible manager who gets everything so brilliantly right 99% of the time, but when he does get something wrong, by God he does not do it by halves.

I don't agree with him keeping Gomez in either and think he should have been trying to get Matip minutes and get him fit as soon as he was back in full training, he was imperious at the end of last season and the start of this and is clearly our second best defender.

All managers have favourites and blind spots with certain players, Jurgens are Fabinho, Gomez and Origi, which isn't a disaster by any means, it's not like it's Joe Fucking Allen ;)

Edit: But for 'the error' I'm convinced we'd still be unbeaten, have a first leg Champions League lead and still be in the cup, we did what we did to ourselves unfortunately

ianlfc
7th March 2020, 10:16 PM
TBF there's been a few whose stunk the place out in recent weeks so he's not alone.
Bobbys got my backing !!

Nineteenx
7th March 2020, 10:17 PM
TBF there's been a few whose stunk the place out in recent weeks so he's not alone.
Bobbys got my backing !!

And mine all day every day, an absolutely incredible player

Steveo
7th March 2020, 10:21 PM

Has been miles off it for a stretch - but it’s Bobby right... He works and works and works - like nobody else... He needs a rest but we can’t afford it..

teesred
7th March 2020, 10:29 PM
They're all knackered, the regular starters. You can see it. It's the main reason we are having a blip, tiredness leads to mistakes. Coupled with complacency from having such a big lead it's no surprise really.
We had that spell just around xmas where Klopp got the rotation absolutely spot on but its beyond then where we've dipped. At first still managing to get the results but the Atletico game was where it was a bridge too far.
We have arrested it today but still played pretty shit to truthful. The passing in the final 3rd was just awful and today was probably the most evident of how little we do in the middle in terms of making chances. There was nothing at all and was all too predictable. Firmino was trying to make things happen but it wasnt coming off for him.
We need a massive turnaround on Wednesday and it really doesn't look likely the way we are playing.

Steveo
7th March 2020, 10:43 PM
Agree - I have had a kind of strange feeling that our poor form and results of late would be a precursor to a blitz on Atleti.... But have to say - I don’t really feel that way now. We have played some very poor sides of late and they have all made us look so fragile.

Nineteenx
7th March 2020, 10:46 PM
The passing in the final 3rd was just awful and today was probably the most evident of how little we do in the middle in terms of making chances..

I beg to differ

https://www.premierleague.com/players/3712/Jordan-Henderson/stats?co=1&se=274

Goals 3
Assists 5
Passes1,560
Passes per match 62.40
Big chances created 8
Crosses 52
Cross accuracy %17%
Through balls 6
Accurate long balls 101 (Switches, long diagonals, balls over the top)

The stat it doesn't show are the passes before the assist, there have been 4 of those from No6

Of those stats, the I know the one's that are from No6 as he only has one goal and one assist from No8, because, although people have this impression I think Hendo can do no wrong, if you check the 'Captain' thread, you'll find a post from me in there saying he needed to create more from No8 as he was doing when he first came back in at the end of last season

So, in 13 games at No6

Goals 3
Assists 4
Big chances created 6
Through balls 5
Accurate long balls 70 (Switches, long diagonals, balls over the top)
Passes before the assist 4

Doesn't look to be a lack of creativity there ;)

teesred
7th March 2020, 10:56 PM
You can beg to differ with stats all you like. We're creating very little and playing like a team who are running on empty. I pay no attention to stats at all. Moneyball was stat based, remember that?
Like Steveo says we have been making poor teams look good for a while. It's a brilliant trait to win when not playing well and it's got us plenty of results but the fact is it is not bodeing well for Wednesday which is a huge game and even if we do manage to get past Atletico theres still plenty of very good sides left in it and our form needs to buck up sharpish if we are to go further.

ianlfc
7th March 2020, 10:58 PM
Agree - I have had a kind of strange feeling that our poor form and results of late would be a precursor to a blitz on Atleti.... But have to say - I don’t really feel that way now. We have played some very poor sides of late and they have all made us look so fragile.

TBF all of West Ham, Watford and Bournemouth have played a lot better against us than I've seen them play for a long time .
Our performances have been below par of late but we got the win today which was what was needed. Could you imagine how bad we'd all be if it was a draw or even worse a defeat today ?
Bobby will come good again starting on Wednesday night. Always remember,
There's something that the Kop wants you to know ......
And they know a thing or two about world class players.
Form is temporarily, Class is permanent.

RedNoodle
8th March 2020, 12:03 AM
You can beg to differ with stats all you like. We're creating very little and playing like a team who are running on empty. I pay no attention to stats at all. Moneyball was stat based, remember that?
Like Steveo says we have been making poor teams look good for a while. It's a brilliant trait to win when not playing well and it's got us plenty of results but the fact is it is not bodeing well for Wednesday which is a huge game and even if we do manage to get past Atletico theres still plenty of very good sides left in it and our form needs to buck up sharpish if we are to go further.

Exactly my thoughts on the subject.

miller0863
8th March 2020, 12:09 AM
We need a fit and firing Henderson, Alisson back and Fabinho to either get his shit together pronto or sit it out.

Then all will be cushty.

Nineteenx
8th March 2020, 12:30 AM
We need a fit and firing Henderson, Alisson back and Fabinho to either get his shit together pronto or sit it out.

Then all will be cushty.

Really hope Hendo's fit, have a feeling if he is and we put him straight back in at No6 and bench Fabinho it will all click straight back into gear, had a look at the short highlights from Brighton through to West Ham away, we created more than enough chances in all of them to run out more comfortable winners and missed putting a few away.

Nineteenx
8th March 2020, 06:25 AM
Exactly my thoughts on the subject.

Well, maybe just use your eyes then eh lads ;) 'Not creative' get te feck If that was Alonso, De Bruyne etc etc etc people would be having a jizz fest over some of those balls, Royal Mail are trying to sign him up

KvJOYeybtLE

teesred
8th March 2020, 07:38 AM
I'm talking about the games Henderson hasn't been playing in.

Nineteenx
8th March 2020, 07:48 AM
I'm talking about the games Henderson hasn't been playing in.

If Hendo's back and the Fabinho of the 2-1 v Spurs turns up, we're in business ;) most creative I've ever seen him

teesred
8th March 2020, 07:56 AM
Hope so. It's a big ask though and puts pressure on him. After 3 weeks out he should still be fairly close to where he was.
It'll make a noticeable difference having him back. Not sure we need Fabinho to be honest, we aren't going to come under much pressure from them, theres no way they are capable of sustained pressure like we will put onto them in this game. Saying that if we score early the tie changes completely so maybe we do?
It's just the way hes playing at the minute he wont be missed.

Nineteenx
8th March 2020, 08:04 AM
Hope so. It's a big ask though and puts pressure on him. After 3 weeks out he should still be fairly close to where he was.
It'll make a noticeable difference having him back. Not sure we need Fabinho to be honest, we aren't going to come under much pressure from them, theres no way they are capable of sustained pressure like we will put onto them in this game. Saying that if we score early the tie changes completely so maybe we do?
It's just the way hes playing at the minute he wont be missed.

Maybe he just needs to look at his performance in the 2-1 v Spurs to know what he has to do, played a few absolutely belting balls over the low press and defence in that game, which are exactly the kind of balls that will be brilliant v Atletico

This Bobby needs to turn up too

YPMe-gGWL30

In a mass of players finds a gap and drills it, a lot of us forget Sturridge's Champions League contribution last season too, that goal he scored was absolutely vital

Big European nights at Anfield with the crowd at its vociferous best tend to bring the very best out of our players, they've got Felix and Trippier back, they might even turn up for a game, think they'll try for a fast start and to catch us cold like at their place, if they start with more attacking players it should be good for us, Mane will bum Trippier if he starts

teesred
8th March 2020, 08:19 AM
I read recently that Felix has been struggling and hasn't made much of an impact.
Agree about Sturridge, a real shame he didn't do it under Klopp much. The type of finisher who should have been breaking records in this side.
Did you read about ending his contract in Turkey because of the betting carry on?
Also have you seen that video he made of him dancing with his dog? Its mental. I'll try and find the link.

teesred
8th March 2020, 08:24 AM
https://mobile.twitter.com/marathonbet/status/1234415988873056256
Here it is. Lolzy.

eggy81
8th March 2020, 10:37 AM
Hendo is a huge huge miss. That's undeniable. But hes not the reason almost everyone else is playing like complete dogshit in almost every aspect of the game at the moment. It goes deeper.

Balinkay
8th March 2020, 10:48 AM
Hendo is a huge huge miss. That's undeniable. But hes not the reason almost everyone else is playing like complete dogshit in almost every aspect of the game at the moment. It goes deeper.

Could be that the lads are a just bit gassed, both mentally and physically. We've been playing extremely well for 24 months now, while fighting on multiple fronts. Most (if not all) of these boys haven't been in a situation where they've had to do that with so little rotation in their careers.

Couple that with the significance a league title would have for LFC as an institution + the inhuman pace we've set this year... we were bound to see a drop off at some point. Shame it'll likely cost us our CL campaign, but you can't win them all.

No transfers in the summer has turned out to be a bit of masterstroke in galvanising the team and allowing it to flourish as a whole, but it's not exactly been great for competition or rotation. This might have compounded the aforementioned problems. I expect us to bring in three players who will challenge for first team spots this year. The squad needs a bit of refreshing.

stevie harkness
8th March 2020, 10:57 AM
We need a nice warm weather break, that'll sort us out.

If fatigue is a factor then I'd expect to see major rotation once the league is won.

skyebo
8th March 2020, 11:04 AM
It's easy to blame it on tiredness and fatigue, but our front 3 have played virtually all important games for months and months. We have won most of those games, and rarely was tiredness and fatigue mentioned. If they were in need of a rest, i'm sure Klopp would be the first to do something about it. Some players are naturally more fit than others, they get their rest by getting taken off in games, it must be enough.

TheDOC1979
8th March 2020, 11:20 AM
Physical Fatigue and being “gassed” is just an excuse. These players are in their prime, mid twenties the most of them. You can put a few passes together without being physically tired.

I think it’s a lot deeper than that and the mental fatigue is the one that’s going to be the most damaging of all. Bobby not scoring at Anfield for a year, that will definitely play on his mind. Adrian making a few mistakes, whereas before, he was quite solid has made him an accident waiting to happen.

It’s a lot deeper than physical tiredness. I don’t know what it is. I don’t think they know what it is either. All I know is that this title needs to be sewn up, MATHEMATICALLY, anything else that comes along is a bonus.

Maybe it’s just pessimism, but we’ve been within touching distance, it being in our hands before and we’ve let it slip away. You can argue that the point difference is way more significant this time around, but god forbid, an injury to another key player a bigger dip in form and it can go tits up.

The “Aguerooooooo” goal just shows you that it’s not won till it’s fucking won.

I should keep future posts to a solitary paragraph from now on. Apologies

toneata
8th March 2020, 11:30 AM
We need a nice warm weather break, that'll sort us out.

If fatigue is a factor then I'd expect to see major rotation once the league is won.

Kind of makes a mockery at all the outrage at the lack of a winter break if they're tired straight after one.

Steveo
8th March 2020, 11:44 AM
@TheDOC1979

Agree with this. IMO it is mainly mental fatigue. Much of it brought on by the closeness of so many of our wins. It is exhausting playing till the last minute game after game. This is why I don’t just look at results. Winning games comfortably is precisely as the word suggests ... “comfortable”... low on tax - leaves plenty in reserve...

Some are also physically strained on top too - Mané has had constant competitive football for what? 18 months straight? As has Bobby & Virgil and others to a degree.

As Bali suggested and as I stated this summer when disappointed that we didn’t sign anyone to bolster the first team - sticking and not buying DID galvanise ( as it often does ) - and it gave us that team steel in games ( never say die ) BUT has also contributed to early exits from both domestic cups and put us in jeopardy in the CL too.

We should win this league now at the 30th time of asking - and that has its own burden but we look close to spent - with or without Henderson.

Here’s hoping it is all a muse to lull Simeone in..

stevie harkness
8th March 2020, 11:46 AM
Kind of makes a mockery at all the outrage at the lack of a winter break if they're tired straight after one.

Yes it does, slightly tongue in cheek, although it depends on how deep the tiredness runs.

I know plenty of people who have a fortnight holiday off work and it takes them that long to only just start to relax then it's time to go back to work again. And then they have to get back up to speed!

(granted they are not footballers or athletes or in their twenties etc)

On the subject of mental fatigue didn't we used to have the world's top sports psychologist on the books or did I dream it?

eggy81
8th March 2020, 11:53 AM
I foresee a massive drop off next season tbh.

skyebo
8th March 2020, 11:59 AM
@TheDOC1979

Agree with this. IMO it is mainly mental fatigue. Much of it brought on by the closeness of so many of our wins. It is exhausting playing till the last minute game after game. This is why I don’t just look at results. Winning games comfortably is precisely as the word suggests ... “comfortable”... low on tax - leaves plenty in reserve...

Some are also physically strained on top too - Mané has had constant competitive football for what? 18 months straight? As has Bobby & Virgil and others to a degree.

As Bali suggested and as I stated this summer when disappointed that we didn’t sign anyone to bolster the first team - sticking and not buying DID galvanise ( as it often does ) - and it gave us that team steel in games ( never say die ) BUT has also contributed to early exits from both domestic cups and put us in jeopardy in the CL too.

We should win this league now at the 30th time of asking - and that has its own burden but we look close to spent - with or without Henderson.

Here’s hoping it is all a muse to lull Simeone in..

It's a good job Mane isn't getting a break, he's the only one getting the winning goals.

eggy81
8th March 2020, 12:13 PM
It's a good job Mane isn't getting a break, he's the only one getting the winning goals.

I dont understand the sentiment of this statement. Are you saying that winning goals count more than other goals and deserve more credit. Mane has what, 12 or 13 goals this season. Weve won 27 games. He didnt score the winner in every game.

skyebo
8th March 2020, 12:21 PM
I dont understand the sentiment of this statement. Are you saying that winning goals count more than other goals and deserve more credit. Mane has what, 12 or 13 goals this season. Weve won 27 games. He didnt score the winner in every game.

No. But generally I find that a winning goal can get you more points in a league game, than someone just getting an equaliser. Lately Mane has got us 6 extra points. All goals are important, feel free to come back if you think i'm incorrect.

Steveo
8th March 2020, 12:25 PM

Oh he is still brilliant but he isn’t at full throttle IMO.. He has gears to go yet... hopefully Wednesday...But again he was needed for the entire game v Bournemouth...

eggy81
8th March 2020, 12:27 PM
No.
Fair enough. On a separate note anyone see the picture of harry Wilson at the game yesterday wearing a liverpool team jacket. Obvious where he wants to be next season

teesred
8th March 2020, 12:28 PM

It's not unlikely at all. We could do a Spurs. The elation of winning the title will be such a millstone off this clubs neck its unreal, probably will be a natural drop off but then again I thought it might happen after the CL final last year and here we are........

reddownunder
8th March 2020, 12:29 PM

We definitely won't be winning the league by 20+ points next season. Winning by 1 point will do for me 😎

Insidious
8th March 2020, 12:39 PM

A drop-off from what is likely to be a record points total is to be expected.

The key thing will be how big a drop-off.

11 points less for us (realistic) and 11 points more for City, particularly if they don't have European Football to juggle (realistic) would make it a pretty close-run thing.

Honestly though, as much as I would adore challenging/winning again, the main thing for us will be getting Number Nineteen wrapped up and cementing our position via further squad improvement.

Number Twenty hopefully isn't a long time away, but just get Nineteen done and see where we are. We look strong and a few rivals are still in transition (Chelsea, United, Spurs, Arsenal ALL are in fact) so we'll be in a good position to do pretty well in coming seasons unless we somehow capitulate massively, which I simply don't see happening.

What we MIGHT do at some point in Klopp's tenure is have one awful spell, a half-season of worry - akin to the first half of Klopp's final season at Dortmund. Provided we weather that storm collectively, I foresee no real problems around the corner for us.

We got this. I'd love to reach the Champion's League quarter-finals this year and see where we can go - besides the prestige that comes with Big Ears, the money would be really, really helpful for us going forward. The "swing" of having an extra £60m or so when a rival misses out is a massive £120m and over a few seasons, with the "right" combinations of sides finishing in / missing out on Top Four, we can really get ahead of rivals for a prolonged period.

toneata
8th March 2020, 01:05 PM

To be fair, there was plenty of that talk last summer when we lost by a point to a team everyone said would dominate for a decade, some on here were even saying they won't see us win the title in their lifetime.

As for this season's 'blip', it could be that they've spent so much mental energy over 2 years trying to catch and surpass a team that was supposedly uncatchable, that now they've realised they've achieved it they've dropped down a few %. That's all it takes at this level to go from the best to scrapping it out with mid to low table teams.

On Wednesday we'll see for sure how bad this dip in form is. I'm hoping they need that rush of danger to get them going again after being in 'cruise control' for the past few weeks.

toneata
8th March 2020, 01:17 PM
Fair enough. On a separate note anyone see the picture of harry Wilson at the game yesterday wearing a liverpool team jacket. Obvious where he wants to be next season

He was interviewed before the game and said he's got a decision to make after the Euros in the summer. I reckon he'll be off, he knows he's not going to get the game time here.

reddownunder
8th March 2020, 01:22 PM
I can't see Wilson getting the game time he wants especially if we expectedly sign another forward. Selling him and Grujic could just about offset the cost of signing Werner

skyebo
8th March 2020, 01:23 PM
He was interviewed before the game and said he's got a decision to make after the Euros in the summer. I reckon he'll be off, he knows he's not going to get the game time here.

Why was he allowed to wear a Liverpool jacket ? Very disrespectful to his current club.

Balinkay
8th March 2020, 01:40 PM
It's easy to blame it on tiredness and fatigue, but our front 3 have played virtually all important games for months and months. We have won most of those games, and rarely was tiredness and fatigue mentioned.

Well... yes? That's how fatigue works - it's built up over time and isn't an issue until it is.

If they were in need of a rest, i'm sure Klopp would be the first to do something about it. Some players are naturally more fit than others, they get their rest by getting taken off in games, it must be enough.

That's not what a lot on here were saying back in November and December when we were eeking out 1-0 wins. I remember having the same conversation we have every year (under Klopp) at the time - this is how they're trained. To heat peak performance towards the end of March and April (+ I assume, the winter marathon, especially this year with the CWC). That could also be playing a factor. Last year we wobbled right after winter and then went on a huge run.

Physical Fatigue and being “gassed” is just an excuse. These players are in their prime, mid twenties the most of them. You can put a few passes together without being physically tired.

Come now, we both know playing football at the highest possible level is a bit more just putting a few passes together. Training for a game, being ready for the exhaustion twice a week. That takes a toll no matter your age.

I think it’s a lot deeper than that and the mental fatigue is the one that’s going to be the most damaging of all. Bobby not scoring at Anfield for a year, that will definitely play on his mind. Adrian making a few mistakes, whereas before, he was quite solid has made him an accident waiting to happen.

Adrian make a howler or two the first time he was forced to play, but that gets conveniently swept under the rug to suit the narrative that the world is ending. Not that I necessarily disagree that the wheels have come off, mind you. I just think you're being a bit too pessimistic.

It’s a lot deeper than physical tiredness. I don’t know what it is. I don’t think they know what it is either. All I know is that this title needs to be sewn up, MATHEMATICALLY, anything else that comes along is a bonus.

It's almost as if putting together the best start to a season ever in your sport's 100+ year history takes a mental toll as well. :D Would you honestly expect them to feel no pressure and no mental fatigue after performing at such a level for two years now? I think it's only natural. Not great, but it had to happen eventually. That's one of the reasons I think a transfer or two will help revitalise the boys after the league win and the lackluster exit of the CL at the hands of Simeone.

Maybe it’s just pessimism, but we’ve been within touching distance, it being in our hands before and we’ve let it slip away. You can argue that the point difference is way more significant this time around, but god forbid, an injury to another key player a bigger dip in form and it can go tits up.

Yes, it's just pessimism. :D

The “Aguerooooooo” goal just shows you that it’s not won till it’s fucking won.

I should keep future posts to a solitary paragraph from now on. Apologies

Agreed. Let's get it sown up and send the boys off on vacation ASAP. The summer is going to be busy for them.

Nineteenx
8th March 2020, 04:40 PM

I foresee an even more stellar season competing in every competition if we address our holding No8 attacking No8 balance in our squad and get Werner in, further evolution to even higher levels beckons

redebreck
8th March 2020, 06:10 PM

We need to improve the quality and quantity of our first team squad in order to prevent a drop off.

toneata
8th March 2020, 06:33 PM
Retaining a title or cup is inherently more difficult anyway, so it wouldn't be a surprise to see some drop off, which considering the incredible intensity this team has maintained for 2 years would be perfectly understandable.

Doesn't mean we won't be competing again next season mind.

Don't listen to bitter rival fans, City aren't shite this season, our relentless form made them crumble.

justme
21st February 2021, 11:56 PM
I bet if we play with an out and out forward we will look more threatening.. We are trying to push a camel through the eye of a needle right now,with our over playing. Stop trying to play the perfect game and be more positive.

scientificred
22nd February 2021, 12:01 AM
I bet if we play with an out and out forward we will look more threatening.. We are trying to push a camel through the eye of a needle right now,with our over playing. Stop trying to play the perfect game and be more positive.
But who is that man right now Justme?

justme
22nd February 2021, 12:05 AM
But who is that man right now Justme?
Thats the problem..Either Mane or Salah but they rarely get shifted from either position .Klopp doesnt seem interested in a natural number 9. Even in the summer. I bet we will prioritize a wide man rather than out and out forward.
We need both positions addressed

Insidious
22nd February 2021, 12:15 AM
I bet we will prioritize a wide man rather than out and out forward.
We need both positions addressed

We probably need a more senior figure than this, but Abdallah Sima looks a promising talent.

scientificred
22nd February 2021, 02:19 AM
We probably need a more senior figure than this, but Abdallah Sima looks a promising talent.
But Sid, he is a 19 year old playing for Slavia Prague with just 19 top flight appearances

Insidious
22nd February 2021, 09:15 AM
But Sid, he is a 19 year old playing for Slavia Prague with just 19 top flight appearances

Which is probably why we need a more senior figure, as stated.

He's the sort of player I'd try to secure for the bench or to loan out for a season to develop and strikers were the topic of convo - if he was our MAIN striking target I'd not be too happy :lol:

Nineteenx
22nd February 2021, 01:31 PM
Bobby, what a legend

Honestly, I think we need to use him differently in our current situation, we need to use him to move the 2 or 3 players that converge on him every time the ball is played into him, continually trying to play through him when that has been happening and has been very successful for opposition teams with our press not being as high or as good is blocking all the other lines in every game

Like so many things last season worked so brilliantly automated, no reason we can't use him differently and create the same automated movement of other players around the movement of one, what Glenn Hoddle (the best thing he ever said) referred to as chain reaction movement

We had that in numerous situations consistently the last 2-3 seasons, as soon as the ball went to Hendo in midfield or went back to Virgil, Mo and Mane were making their runs in behind and one or two midfielders and both full backs were making runs to get starting positions to make runs from to support the ball and win second balls depending on where it went

Mane would be keeping the width at LFWD and when the play was on the right advanced in numerous situations and it went back from Mo to Trent or Hendo or Hendo to Trent or Trent to Hendo, Mane was instantly, automatically, making his outside in run looking to get on the end of the cross

Thiago can't play through and find the gaps, because our persistently trying to play through Bobby and him consistently trying to receive the ball and turn with it when every time he does 2 or 3 opposition players are quickly around him blocks the lines and closes the gaps

So, we're not getting the best out of Bobby and we're not getting anything out of Thiago, because how we keep trying to play is nullifying both, so change it

What is wrong with trying to arrange in training, we have a week, programming some new chain reaction movement? When it goes back, have Bobby make 10 yard full sprint runs left or right back towards the ball and Mo and Mane simultaneously making outside in runs to positions just in front of the opposition backline, again supported by a midfielder and one or two full backs?

If Bobby's run can create that gap by moving those 2 or 3 players and Thiago can find Mo, Mane or Keita through it, we've instantly got a 3 v 4 in a good position for any of the 3 to try and quickly play either of the other 2 in and Bobby's already spun when the pass is played and is sprinting towards goal to try and join them

We're not doing enough for me to try and get the best out of both those players, got to be worth trying something, because continually trying to play through Bobby when he's swamped by 2 or 3 opposition players without the numbers around him as high we had the last 2 seasons isn't working and it is blocking the lines for the sort of passing Thiago's rated world class for, he can't play them if we're blocking the gaps

teesred
23rd February 2021, 10:41 AM
Pearce tweet from yesterday. Firmino is an Anfield legend but his powers have waned and evidence is stacking up wether to replace or rotate him. Either way a new number 9 is needed in the summer.

TheDOC1979
23rd February 2021, 11:53 AM
Pearce tweet from yesterday. Firmino is an Anfield legend but his powers have waned and evidence is stacking up wether to replace or rotate him. Either way a new number 9 is needed in the summer.

A new number 9 was needed a while ago tees. Even when we won the league he was still inconsistent. When on his game, he’s immense, regrettably, that’s only a few games a season

teesred
23rd February 2021, 12:56 PM
A new number 9 was needed a while ago tees. Even when we won the league he was still inconsistent. When on his game, he’s immense, regrettably, that’s only a few games a season

Totally agree. With Pearce going public with that its pretty much nailed on we'll be bringing someone new in. Not usually like him to say stuff like that but people are beginning to see things differently now. Its not a slight on Firmino either, he is a legend but it's just natural that the front 3 would need to be re-worked or re-newed at some point.

Steveo
23rd February 2021, 01:51 PM
We would have got 2 more seasons of peak Bobby had we brought in a Jota after winning number 6. Would have lightened his burden. See how much better he was when dropped for Jota - then after the injury - played relentlessly and levels have fallen off a cliff. Same goes for the whole front 3. They need at least one other genuine rotational option or foil to make a 4.

But the club wants to try its hand - like with Lovren this summer. Get the most for the least. Push the boat engine like Quint in Jaws...just before the bearings went...

Farewell and adieu....

Insidious
23rd February 2021, 03:08 PM

What would folks do with Bobby?

Sell and re-invest?

Keep and use as depth/sub instead of someone like Origi?

Keep and use in a different position, such as one of the "8s" in our "two 8s and a 6" set-up?

Keep and use as a "10" in a 4-2-3-1 set-up?

TheDOC1979
23rd February 2021, 03:17 PM

Sell and re-invest?

Keep and use in a different position, such as one of the "8s" in our "two 8s and a 6" set-up?

If origi leaves, I’d retain Firmino. Maybe use a different formation when things aren’t going our way and we know there’s a team that like to park the bus. Give them something to think about.

Have we used a different formation at all this season or last?

teesred
23rd February 2021, 04:00 PM
I would keep. Depends on if he wants to stay and be an impact player. I personally think his peak has passed but he's still very much worthy of a squad place.

teesred
23rd February 2021, 04:01 PM
We would have got 2 more seasons of peak Bobby had we brought in a Jota after winning number 6. Would have lightened his burden. See how much better he was when dropped for Jota - then after the injury - played relentlessly and levels have fallen off a cliff. Same goes for the whole front 3. They need at least one other genuine rotational option or foil to make a 4.

But the club wants to try its hand - like with Lovren this summer. Get the most for the least. Push the boat engine like Quint in Jaws...just before the bearings went...

Farewell and adieu....

Aye true.
We are going to need a bigger boat for next season thats for sure.

LEGS
23rd February 2021, 04:32 PM

Sell and re-invest?

100% keep him I agree with Steveo he was left out a few games and was excellent at Spurs.

I dont know if he is on the slide as such he just needs a rest from time to time otherwise he will be next for an injury.

Basically we could do with 5 options plus maybe Harvey next season.

Origi/Shaqiri will have interest in them just depends who comes in for them

justme
23rd February 2021, 04:43 PM
Eliot is a bit young to be relied on in my opinion..I think we need an experienced wide man..
Has for Firmino he wouldnt get in my starting 11.

LEGS
23rd February 2021, 04:45 PM
Eliot is a bit young to be relied on in my opinion..I think we need an experienced wide man..
Has for Firmino he wouldnt get in my starting 11.

Thinking about it we need more as its African Nations in Jan/Feb.

Wish they would just play it after the season its annoying to be honest.

justme
23rd February 2021, 04:47 PM
Thinking about it we need more as its African Nations in Jan/Feb.

Wish they would just play it after the season its annoying to be honest.
Yeah, depends where its located.. if its Mid Africa.. it doesnt matter what time of year they play it. its boiling hot. If is the north you can understand it being played that time of year.. But its a pain in the arse

justme
23rd February 2021, 04:50 PM
Just looked its being played in Cameroon, And its 30c in January not much difference than in July.

Nineteenx
23rd February 2021, 07:17 PM
I never try and judge any player in isolation, I judge them by how they affect the team dynamic or how the team dynamic changing affects them

To be fair to Bobby most players have been well below their best levels and levels of the last 2 seasons and there are numerous reasons for that.

We stopped playing the switches and attempted balls over the top almost entirely, they were a huge part of our being so good and creating situations against park the bus sides where we'd most often switch play right to left, having congested it on the right and have Mane and Robbo and one other, quite often Bobby or Gini with more space on the left and the opportunity to release Mane, Robbo or the other through the channel or down the line and because we had congested play on the right and the PTB defenders had turned to go to the situation on our left, we had an overload of 2-3 players on our right all with the run on defenders who'd turned their back on them should we try and cross the ball or put it in low or attempt a short through ball to a player coming in from the right. That's all but disappeared now and is the fundamental reason we've been struggling to break PTB teams down, the automation of a lot of our movement and play of the prior 2 seasons isn't there anymore, through enforced changes and tinkering.

I did warn, quite extensively of this happening and the danger of tinkering with or changing things that worked brilliantly for us and disrupting the best elements of our game that were so automated in numerous match threads, from the very first time I saw it happening, I was slammed for that opinion, yet here we are

Mane and Robbo both started the season absolutely on fire, on fire, the automation was there, the understanding was there, the familiarity of position and movement and when and where they could expect a switch or attempted ball over the top were all still there.

Jota has been absolutely superb since he arrived, so please don't take this as any slight on him as people usually do, but when Jota was brought in, is the same time Jurgen started tinkering with Mane's positioning and runs and in the very first game he did that I called it, because Robbo was making his customary lung busting surges forward, with the ball or to receive the ball, looking for his mate and partner in crime Mane, where he'd always been for him the past 2 seasons and Mane wasn't there, bang, automation gone, speed and directness of doing things gone, extra passes that weren't being played before, more time for defenders to adjust their positions and get back, immediate issues breaking teams down, creating chances and scoring against all teams, not just PTB sides.

There are a lot of thins that have changed or been changed unecessarily, changing and breaking down that relationship and automation is THE biggest gaffe of all of them

Stopping playing the switches and attempted balls over the top and instead trying to pass through teams is another major error that wasn't forced on us

Not recognising the value of the fluid midfield 3 we had in all games Fab was out last season was another

Every single one of these things affects Bobby and other players, Bobby frequently used to link up with Mane and Robbo following a right to left switch or attempted ball over the top, coming on to the ball with the play in front of him, as opposed to trying to play through sides and constantly feeding it into his feet with his back to goal when 2 or 3 opposition players were surrounding him and he could never get turned

In the fluid 3, one of those 3 always covered the opposition player of transition and stayed with that player come hell or high water, although starting at No6, this meant Henderson was actually our high pressing destroyer and creator for long spells of a lot of games and right across the line too, not just centrally, because all 3 covering each other and interchanging positions gave him the freedom and confidence to do that, Hendo high pressing and quickly arriving on the scene in support of Bobby to stop him being crowded out was a big feature in our play and if you'd care to watch Bobby's winners v Spurs and Wolves for brilliant examples of that, it'd be very hard for you to disagree, but they weren't isolated instances, it was a very regular thing, I'm quite sure there's a Hendo goal v Southampton through the same thing, Bobby with the assist.

So, before writing off a club legend like Bobby, maybe consider everything that has changed and affected him and all the other players that his link up with was crucial to his ability to perform and that the strength of this side has never been individuals taking the game by the scruff of the neck and scoring wonder goals from nowhere, but the consistency of selection and formation and the strength of the 11 on the pitch working in unison

Steveo
23rd February 2021, 08:06 PM
Just looked its being played in Cameroon, And its 30c in January not much difference than in July.

Almost as though it’s in the tropics.. :D

Nineteenx
23rd February 2021, 09:09 PM
I'd also add that dropping the switches and attempted balls over the top almost entirely when we used to play those balls from Virgil, Hendo and Trent and to a lesser extent Robbo and play several of them every single game has dramatically reduced the number of opportunities Bobby gets to actually get forward in support of them, facing goal with the whole picture in front on him free of the 2 or 3 that smother him every time we try to play it to his feet with his back to goal, which is how we have played the ball to him far too many times, almost all the time in most games

southernboy
23rd February 2021, 09:51 PM
When he’s on his game, he’s worth the admission fee on his own. Technically brilliant. Unfortunately, that’s hard to sustain, and that’s when he needs to keep it really simple; forget the flicks, tricks and back heels, just link up the play. sadly that’s a part of his game that needs work.

Kev0909
24th February 2021, 02:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YVAIrkgRbA&ab_channel=justfernando9

To be fair to bobby doesn't help him that those before him was incredible, we've always had a top top number 9, normally one of the best positions on the pitch

Torres
Suarez

And those before.

Apart from balotelli/carroll/lambert era

People go on about son and kane, but the bromance between Gerrard & torres was the one

Insidious
24th February 2021, 03:14 PM
Seeing all those laterally inverted clips (and thus Torres looking a left-footed) is wrecking my head.

scientificred
24th February 2021, 05:13 PM
Looking back on his career I see Bobby started as CRB then moved to DM.
I wonder if there are not more possibilities for his deployment. He always seems quite fit and up for selection.
We definitely need some different game plan(s).
In bygone days following a bad run it was club practice to pick your best team and then grind out some results.
With Hendo likely to miss much of the season now could Bobby shine as DM?

justincredible
5th March 2021, 09:46 AM
Lol.....
https://youtu.be/W7d5dsNBnYo

Steveo
5th March 2021, 11:03 AM
Pretty sad hearing that song with things as they are now but IF you can't be bothered to use the right language - things are bound to go tits up in the end! :dispirited::dispirited::dispirited::dispirited::d ispirited:

Nineteenx
5th March 2021, 05:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkMDaWJiWCk

ianlfc
16th October 2021, 03:22 PM
Bobby along with the crowds is back !!
And he doesn't half look to be enjoying his football again.

CCTV
16th October 2021, 03:24 PM
Bobby along with the crowds is back !!
And he doesn't half look to be enjoying his football again.

Great to see, well hear, had a strong finish to last season and a hatrrick today is welcome news.

Kev0909
16th October 2021, 03:26 PM
Is this when we get carried away again and think he's back to his best?

Hope he keeps improving, has more to do for me yet though, I could of scored the goals he did today, but he was much better than he has been previously, so hopefully he keeps getting better, it's been over-due..

skyebo
16th October 2021, 03:36 PM

Hope he keeps improving, has more to do for me yet though, I could of scored the goals he did today, but he was much better than he has been previously, so hopefully he keeps getting better, it's been over-due..
You may have done, but would you have got in those positions to start with ?

justme
16th October 2021, 03:53 PM
I havent been the most popular fan of Firmino. But thats my opinion and thats only just one opinion in millions.. if he keeps producing thats all that matters.

ianlfc
16th October 2021, 03:58 PM

Yes, you miserable fucker !! 😂😂

Kev0909
16th October 2021, 04:06 PM
You may have done, but would you have got in those positions to start with ?

That's true, but that's a forwards job i'm sure the other strikers we have could of done the same, and there was some luck to it aswell at times, like defender being fuckin terrible and deflection.

Don't get me wrong it's a start but I don't want to get carried away and think he's back to his best for him to go missing again.

the way salah is playing best in the world right now imo, if they all keep this up especially mane getting better they could once again carry us to some glory (front 3) but we need mane to keep it up, and firmino to be firmino again, can't just count on salah, so I really hope they do keep it up.

Nineteenx
16th October 2021, 11:56 PM
In today's game I thought apart from his goals and actually getting himself in the box and his one excellent ball for Mane, I thought Bobby was very poor, wanted too much time on the ball and got robbed far too many times, picked the wrong option mostly when he had time.

I found it quite bizarre as a comparison between Bobby and Jota last season, Bobby was miles better in the press and his link play but didn't get himself in the box often enough and when he did get glorious opportunities, he missed the vast majority of them, one of Bobby's main issues and the differences between his returns and Jota's was Bobby stopped getting himself in the box as often as he needs to about 2 seasons ago, whereas Jota always gets himself in the box

This season Jota has improved quite considerably in his link play, pressing and work without the ball, he's still getting himself in the box, has scored a couple of beauts, but has missed loads of sitters, Bobby's link play has been poor and laboured, but he's been getting himself in the box more and taken more of his chances