PDA

View Full Version : Oxlade

Nineteenx
24th January 2020, 12:42 AM
Another VERY good performance from Ox again tonight, pressing and counter pressing far far better now, passing better, now needs to work those opening to let fly or play others in more often

Have a suspicion he might be the one to cover Mane's expected absence at LFWD

Nineteenx
24th January 2020, 02:32 PM
No love for the Ox? WFT? I think he's getting back to form and getting the pressing down, I saw online on these newsfeed sites some muppets had been slating his second half performance, just pure scapegoating the team didn't have a good performance for half of the second half and that wasn't down to Oxlade

teesred
24th January 2020, 02:33 PM
First half he was good. Didnt do much 2nd half.

eggy81
24th January 2020, 03:42 PM
I thought he was the worst of our front 6 last night by some distance.

justme
24th January 2020, 03:52 PM
I thought he had a poor game, Klopp was right when he sad Wolves played the ball wide a lot, mean our midfielders weren't has substantial.. Oxlade couldn't get into the game.

Kev0909
24th January 2020, 04:58 PM
I thought he was one of the ones that had a poor game to be honest, along with salah/trent/robbo

Nineteenx
24th January 2020, 05:11 PM
I thought he started well and was good when we were in control, I thought a fair few players suffered when we weren't in control for a spell as Wolves pushed on and got a lot more expansive without our dual threat of pace and runs in behind their wing backs and back three, thought Jurgen got the sub for Mane wrong, something of a collectors item in that sense as it's an absolute rarity, should have been Origi for Mane, although the training staff really have to work with him on his runs, link play and movement so his introduction doesn't inhibit the team functioning as it does at its best OR given we were leading 1-0 and he's used Ox there in a Champions League game (I think) he could have brought Fabinho on for Mane, and moved Hendo to RCM and Ox to LFWD making those runs in behind, linking play and cutting in trying t0 get shots away on his right, both those things would have prevented Wolves being able to be as expansive and threatening as they were

Nineteenx
30th January 2020, 08:18 AM
I thought Oxlade performed very well when moved to LFWD following Keita's introduction, showed so very encouraging signs of being our best option to play there in Mane's absence and to give him a rest in the odd game, did a couple of VERY Mane like things, his goal and positioning to be found by Mo was VERY Mane like, I thought Mane had the trade mark on it :D His winning the ball ahead of the defender, followed by an instant run to receove it back, drawing a couple of defenders to feed Gini to tee up Mo for his effort that hit the post was VERY Mane like too.

I was thinking about it a little more, and I actually think him having a few games there having to challenge for headers, hold off defenders and outstrength players, continually make short and incisive supporting runs to support our play on the left and link with Robbo and Gini and from left to right, play lay offs passes and instant second runs, inside out, outside in, forwards, backwards, short diagonals, outside in following every left to right switch will really help develop his game for when he reverts to playing at RCM

Steveo
30th January 2020, 10:03 AM
He looked a bit lost in the middle up til Naby came on but did improve. I don't get the impression Klopp sees him as a genuine long term solution. Looks a squad player for now. Don't see him making a position his own - not at the moment anyhow...

Hope I am wrong

teesred
30th January 2020, 10:24 AM
Agree with Steveo. Hes a good player but doesnt perform at the levels Hendo and Gini do. He has good games now and then but rarely has a game where hes the standout player. Similar to Keita in that he seems to have one good half and disappears the next.

shminkyred
30th January 2020, 03:41 PM
love Oxo Cube

one of his first after match interviews when the Snyde interviewer was trying to catch Phil out....The Cube jumped in and put the interviewer in his place........

Top Boy

dicko1969
31st January 2020, 03:22 AM
First half he was good. Didnt do much 2nd half.

Only scored a goal

dicko1969
31st January 2020, 03:23 AM
Oxlade is brilliant
Great tenacity
Works unselfishly

Improving every game

(After a massive injury)

Nineteenx
31st January 2020, 03:25 AM
Oxlade is brilliant
Great tenacity
Works unselfishly

Improving every game

(After a massive injury)

Quite right Dicko

teesred
31st January 2020, 04:37 AM
Only scored a goal

Wrong game Dicko.

Nineteenx
31st January 2020, 04:38 AM
Wrong game Dicko.

It isn't Tees, this was a continuation of talking about Oxlade after his West Ham goal and performance Edit: Oops, yes your comment Dicko responded to was from the prior game

dicko1969
31st January 2020, 06:58 AM
Wrong game Dicko.

Ok Tees mate
So what do you think about Ox?

Nineteenx
31st January 2020, 07:26 AM
I'm backing Oxlade to keep working hard to improve, to work on being a player for all occasions who CAN develop into a hybrid of a Hendo/Gini No8 and a Keita No8, who CAN be the first option we look to to give Mane or Mo a rest. That was a huge goal for Oxlade v West Ham, he has been frustrated, but he need look no further than his captain for inspiration and look at what Fabinho was already trying to do differently on the back of Hendo's incredible performances at No6 in his absence raising the bar in the position.

Oxlade was essential when he first arrived and was making huge contributions every game, it's hard enough to come back as strong as he has from an injury that kept you out for so long, most players have a huge battle to get back to the levels they were at before they were out, Oxlade's battle is even harder, because the team and all the other players have worked so hard to improve, develop in evolve and are continually looking to get even better, so the bar is a lot higher now than before he was out, so he has come back to a situation where he's fighting and working exceptionally hard to come back and push himself well above his levels prior to be out.

He should take inspiration from all the other players around him and particularly Hendo who was until recently constantly under rated and under appreciated by far too many people, but it did not bother Hendo one bit, he kept working harder than ever to learn, improve and develop, pushing himself constantly as he continues to and he's STILL improving, you only need to look at the incredible level he's set the bar at for playing No6 in this side in Fabinho's absence and you can't fail to be inspired and now Oxlade has to follow Hendo's phenomenal example and do the same with is game and develop himself into a player who can be a huge contributor in 2 or 3 positions as Hendo has

Edit: I don't know what he has been doing in respect of this, but he did really very well in the second half v West Ham in emulating the runs, positions and link play that is so important to the team functioning that Mane gives us and scored a brilliant goal, showed great positioning and anticipation, a great turn of pace when Mo played that glorious ball for him, great strength to stay on his feet and brilliant determination and composure to quickly regain his balance and take a great touch out of feet on the run to set himself for the finish, brilliant stuff. If I were in his position I'd probably be knocking on the door of our video analysis department and getting hold of footage to study and be working even harder on everything I needed to be doing to best support the team being successful as a No8 and attacking No8 and as an option for LFWD and RFWD He can be an incredible player for this team and I'm sure he'll continue putting in all the hard work necessary to make sure he is

teesred
31st January 2020, 11:10 AM
Ok Tees mate
So what do you think about Ox?

I just think hes a good midfielder. Hes consistently "decent" in my opinion. Doesnt perform at a high enough level to guarantee his starting place. If Gini,Hendo and Fab are all fully fit and firing he doesnt get in the side fir me. Not by a stretch.
He has very good games at times but theyre not often enough

Nineteenx
1st February 2020, 07:06 PM
A fine display and a crucial break through goal, talk about performing the Mane role ;)

Kev0909
1st February 2020, 08:16 PM
A fine display and a crucial break through goal, talk about performing the Mane role ;)

apart from the goal he really didn't, but maybe that's just me needing to put my glasses on

miller0863
1st February 2020, 08:18 PM
No, he wasn’t great I’m afraid.

Nineteenx
1st February 2020, 08:27 PM
Got the crucial break through goal, that'll do for me, we were a mess first half too, the midfield change altered the team dynamic and none of the forwards were getting the service they've been getting from Hendo or through his connecting supporting players runs, Jurgen even said in his post match he had to address that issue at HT and that made 4 goals difference. That was a big game and a tough game for Jurgen to bring Fabinho back in, thankfully with the tweaks he made at half time it was like he'd never been away by the end of the game, it really was touch and go for the entire first half though, it completely altered the patterns of our play we'd built up in his absence

Nineteenx
1st February 2020, 09:31 PM
People can knock or underrate Oxlade all they want, they need to remember he's been trying to fill some very big boots that have been settled in that position and built up all the movement, link play, runs in behind, playing in a hugely consistently settled front three for three seasons where he was playing and that whatever else they think he did or didn't do, he did THE most important aspect of Mane's role, scoring 2 crucial goals in 1 and a half games playing there, I don't think you could ask for anymore than that, Oxlade deserve enormous credit, not complaints ;)

dicko1969
1st February 2020, 09:57 PM
Ox needs to play in the midfield; he hasn't got the explosive pace on the wide areas

It's not time to blood Jones. But...

Nineteenx
1st February 2020, 10:41 PM
Ox needs to play in the midfield; he hasn't got the explosive pace on the wide areas

It's not time to blood Jones. But...

Although, he's not that much slower and to date has provided our most effective option for one of the front three when they haven't all been available without it inhibiting how we normally play, the entire match is on Sky right now, I'm watching countless examples of Oxlade providing the same link up with Robbo and the midfield as Mane does, something that Origi for example has consistently failed to do or any other player for that matter when tried in that position, he obviously doesn't have Mane's devastating pace, although he's quick enough over 10 yards or do those things as consistently, but who would given Mane's played in the same front 3 almost every game for 3 years? But right now, he is undoubtedly the best option in Mane's absence or if we want to give him a rest

Nineteenx
4th February 2020, 05:24 PM
This is awesome, cracks me up everytime, and then at the end, Jurgen "What the fuck was that" :D then up pops Oxlade "And where was my goal" :D :D :D

lS3wBE64Z28

Nineteenx
5th February 2020, 01:34 AM
This is awesome, cracks me up everytime, and then at the end, Jurgen "What the fuck was that" :D then up pops Oxlade "And where was my goal" :D :D :D

lS3wBE64Z28

They should definitely do a new revised version cutting the Coutinho bit "We've got Salah, oh Mane Mane, Bobby Firmino, Oxlade and Fabinho" as they've all scored big goals for us in our meetings

Insidious
16th July 2020, 08:44 PM
Klopp is a fan but can Oxlade-Chamberlain ever be one of his first picks?

By James Pearce 29m ago

If money was Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain’s motivation, he never would have ventured north to Merseyside. Arsenal were prepared to pay him £180,000 a week if he committed to a new contract back in 2017. Chelsea offered him the chance of a convenient move across the capital for even greater riches. It was ambition, rather than thoughts about his bank balance which convinced him to step out of his comfort zone and join Liverpool for a fee of £35 million.

The England international, who had entered the final year of his deal, was frustrated with life at the Emirates. He felt that things had gone stale. He was unhappy with being continually shifted around by Arsene Wenger to fill gaps, rather than being played in the central midfield role he craved.

Oxlade-Chamberlain had watched from afar with a degree of envy as Jurgen Klopp revived Liverpool’s fortunes and helped a host of players realise their full potential. Having received glowing recommendations about working with Klopp from England team-mates Jordan Henderson and Adam Lallana, he wanted his development to receive a similar shot in the arm. He chose Liverpool because he wanted to become an integral part of a team capable of winning silverware.

Three years on, Oxlade-Chamberlain returned to the Emirates on Wednesday night as a Champions League, UEFA Super Cup, Club World Cup and Premier League winner. He was applauded on to the field by the club he left behind.
His decision has certainly been vindicated, given that Arsenal have been trophyless since he moved on — stumbling from Arsene Wenger to Unai Emery and now Mikel Arteta — yet Oxlade-Chamberlain’s battle to truly carve out a niche for himself in Klopp’s side remains a work in progress.

Since the Premier League restart, he has started just three of the champions’ seven games and he was taken off after an hour against Arsenal, with the manager looking elsewhere for inspiration as they tried in vain to repair the damage done by rare errors from Virgil van Dijk and Alisson, which were punished by Alexandre Lacazette and Reiss Nelson respectively following Sadio Mane’s opener.

Oxlade-Chamberlain’s tally of 85 appearances for Liverpool includes just 45 starts and he has been substituted on 35 occasions. Convincing Klopp he can last the pace has been an ongoing issue. He hasn’t completed 90 minutes in the Premier League all season. The 26-year-old has also had to accept playing out wide and doing a job for the team at times, despite clearly looking happier and more effective when operating through the middle. Only 25 of his 41 outings in all competitions this season have been in a central role.

On a personal level, life at Liverpool has been full of ups and downs for Oxlade-Chamberlain. There was the difficult start to his first season when he had to wait until November to make his full Premier League debut for the club as Klopp sought tactical adjustments from him on the training ground.

Then, the penny dropped and he blossomed. Powerful and direct, he gave Liverpool’s midfield a new dimension with his driving runs and ability to exploit small pockets of space. There was the stunning piledriver in the Champions League quarter-final triumph over Manchester City before his world was rocked by the serious knee injury he suffered in a challenge with Aleksandar Kolarov in the semi-final against Roma at Anfield.

“We will wait for Alex like a good wife when a man is in prison,” Klopp vowed shortly after Oxlade-Chamberlain underwent surgery.

There was the image of him on crutches and in floods of tears amid the heartbreak of defeat to Real Madrid in the final in Kiev. The rehab was gruelling and lonely but Oxlade-Chamberlain enhanced his standing among players and staff alike with how he faced those dark days at Melwood.

His charity work for Zoe’s Place, a Liverpool children’s hospice, helped to provide a sense of perspective. He was also indebted to the support of pop star girlfriend Perrie Edwards. After 367 days on the sidelines, there was an emotional return to action against Huddersfield Town as Anfield welcomed him back. The 2018-19 season was effectively a write-off, with Oxlade-Chamberlain making just two substitute appearances, and he didn’t feature in the Champions League final victory over Tottenham.

When he was handed a new contract by Liverpool last August, it was a symbolic and classy gesture. They were effectively giving him back the year that he had lost, with a 12-month extension tying him to the club until the summer of 2023. This season, he has rallied. His form earned him a return to the England fold as he was trusted by Klopp to start in both the UEFA Super Cup and the Club World Cup triumphs.

He lit up the Luminus Arena with a classy double against Genk in the group stage of the Champions League back in October. But even on that night, Klopp wanted more from him in terms of his work off the ball.

“Ox’s performance was exactly like the performance of the team: the goals were great but all the rest could have been better,” was the manager’s assessment. “Finding your flow and your rhythm again is not too easy.”

Assistant coach Pep Lijnders spoke about how Liverpool had seen “glimpses” of the “completely different dynamic” that Oxlade-Chamberlain provides. Nine months on, that statement still stands. Real consistency has eluded him.

With seven goals and one assist in all competitions, he’s Liverpool’s fourth-top scorer behind Klopp’s established front three this season. It’s been his most prolific campaign since he netted nine times for Southampton as a teenager in 2010-11.

But Oxlade-Chamberlain, who hasn’t added to his account since early February, doesn’t need telling that there’s still plenty of room for improvement. He’s his own biggest critic and hasn’t been able to hide his feelings at times, most noticeably when he took his frustration on a seat after being substituted against Manchester United at Anfield.

He later confirmed that his issue was with “not doing as much as I’d like when I’m on” rather than Klopp’s decision to take him off. “I still need to do more. Quality-wise, I was a bit disappointed with myself,” he told the media after scoring in the win at West Ham United in January.

Klopp has urged him not to be so hard on himself. There was a public show of support when the topic of Liverpool’s squad depth came up last week.

“Oxlade-Chamberlain, if he’s not in your first XI; he played incredible games for this club. He won (the game) pretty much alone against City a year or so ago,” Klopp said. “He’s not a worse footballer since then. It’s just not easy always to be there.”

The reality is that few would name Oxlade-Chamberlain in the champions’ first-choice XI. Fabinho, Jordan Henderson and Georginio Wijnaldum has been Klopp’s favoured midfield combination en route to Premier League glory.

However, there is no doubt that Oxlade-Chamberlain is worth persevering with. “I like him. He’s a flair player, who gives them something different,” declared former Liverpool midfielder Graeme Souness from the Sky Sports studio prior to Wednesday’s game. “He’s got great quality but I’m still waiting for him to put a real run of games together.”

It didn’t start at the Emirates. There were moments of promise but at times, his touch and his decision-making let him down. Once again, when Klopp rang the changes early in the second half, the No 15 went up on the board.

Oxlade-Chamberlain has been a decent asset for Liverpool — both on and off the field. But his mission to take the leap from versatile, valuable squad option to being a mainstay of the team will continue into next season.

https://theathletic.co.uk/1928560/2020/07/16/liverpool-oxlade-chamberlain-arsenal-premier-league-klopp/

dicko1969
16th July 2020, 08:59 PM
A good read

4th top goal goalscorer not too bad tbh.
Considering game time

Insidious
16th July 2020, 09:28 PM
A good read

4th top goal goalscorer not too bad tbh.
Considering game time

He hasn't done too badly, indeed. I also really love him in interviews.

If I had a critique of him, it's that in some of the games where he scores, he has done little else - and a Worldie can mask a lot in the memory.

That said, when he is really on it with the driving runs and is having a good night with his decision-making and first-touch, he is a peach of a player - hopefully can find a way to play close to his best consistently.

teesred
16th July 2020, 10:13 PM
The problem is Sid hes rarely "on it". Those performances are very,very few and far between and more often than not he gets carried.
I know a lot of people like Keita too but to me whenever one of them or both start games it's to the detriment of our midfields overall performance.
Last week against Brighton Keita played well enough but the midfield was bring overrun at the end of the first and beginning of the second halves. Neither of them are top end players, they are squad players and I said earlier in the week Jones must fancy displacing either of them as it's there for the taking.
Keita is finishing his second full season. He's not going to get any more consistent, hes had enough time and if a decent offer came in he'd go without doubt. Hes had good moments, scored a few critical goals but the consistency isnt there and hes never going to replace any of the main 3 to get the time he needs.
I really think we need to add some real quality to elevate the midfield (like 19 says). Weve got plenty of decent players and a couple of class ones but we need another.
For what its worth nd as unlikely as it is I'd take Kroos despite his age, I'd love Thiago but that rumour looks to be fading.

Insidious
16th July 2020, 10:17 PM
I agree Ox needs to be more consistent, 100% - if he could be he would be a Monster, but he doesn't and therefore isn't - perhaps a product of not having a fixed role in the Wenger years.

Will have to agree to disagree on Keita as I rate him very highly. Creates pressing shadows well, high intensity, will dribble occasionally (which Honestly is something almost nobody in our side does) and gets into good positions. Most importantly, upon reception of the ball, his first thought is to progress it forward provided that someone is in a good position for a progressive pass to come off.

On Thiago (assuming you mean Alcantara and please correct me if I'm wrong) I think he is a Boss player, but would prefer a much less injury-prone addition, if we are getting to add at all.

teesred
16th July 2020, 10:20 PM
I agree Ox needs to be more consistent, 100% - if he could be he would be a Monster, but he doesn't and therefore isn't - perhaps a product of not having a fixed role in the Wenger years.

Will have to agree to disagree on Keita as I rate him very highly. Creates pressing shadows well, high intensity, will dribble occasionally (which Honestly is something almost nobody in our side does) and gets into good positions. Most importantly, upon reception of the ball, his first thought is to progress it forward provided that someone is in a good position for a progressive pass to come off.

On Thiago (assuming you mean Alcantara and please correct me if I'm wrong) I think he is a Boss player, but would prefer a much less injury-prone addition, if we are getting to add at all.

Yes Alcantara but I would be happy to take Silva for a season too. Would be a good addition despite age, dont see him in the prem though. Might be scared of the pace.

teesred
16th July 2020, 10:22 PM
Scratch that! Didnt realise he was 35!!!!

Nineteenx
19th July 2020, 02:09 AM
Some players don't play at their best with certain players and never have, people need to remember Oxlade missed all last season, he was a big hit in his first season in which he played in a midfield with Hendo and Milner or Hendo and Wijnaldum mostly, he's never played well in midfield with Fab, his good games this season all came in midfield with Hendo and Gini.

Something for our analysis team to look at, and indeed our recruitment team, for me there are too many combinations that don't work in our midfield, players in them have never performed at their best in some combinations and have never facilitated the team playing at its best, particularly our full backs and wide forwards.

Gini Hendo Keita, Keita Hendo Oxlade, Gini Hendo Oxlade, they all work and all have worked well, they're the only ones I trust

Edit: Our midfield squad wise has also lacked balance for far too long, Lallana and Shaqiri going and bringing in one more creative player and one more box to box midfielder both of whom have great switch balls in their locker and who will offer the same energy, tenacity and focus we get from Hendo and Gini

justme
19th July 2020, 07:40 AM
I think with Oxlade hes a natural player and sometimes trying to play part of the team takes away his incentive. I would love him just to go at the opposition and take a shot.

ianlfc
6th November 2020, 08:16 PM
We're now into November and he's still not fit to play. Is he even training yet ?
Anyone know what's happening with him ?

Steveo
6th November 2020, 08:17 PM
Not fit to train outside yet... Seriously.

Too cold for him.. FFS.

Kev0909
6th November 2020, 10:26 PM
We're now into November and he's still not fit to play. Is he even training yet ?
Anyone know what's happening with him ?

No wonder we didn't sell him he's got long term sti only thing i can think of:loyal:

dicko1969
6th November 2020, 10:45 PM
Ox
Shaq
Matip
Keita

Need to look at playing / injury record.

Gini should get a new contract on this basis.

Hardly missed a game in 4 years or so.

Balinkay
6th November 2020, 11:13 PM
Gini might turn out to be a decet free transfer for one of the big boys next summer.

Kev0909
6th November 2020, 11:34 PM
Gini might turn out to be a decet free transfer for one of the big boys next summer.

Should be a contract extension for us- you know as we're not small fish either

It's a joke only fit midfielder we have well and henderson/milner

Balinkay
6th November 2020, 11:59 PM
I'd try to give him a new contract as well, Kev, but apparently he wants a change. I wouldn't be sure it's about money either.

You can see why he'd want to go to Barca - the manager loves him, it's a huge club, Messi, guaranteed trophies for ever...

Can't say I blame him if he decides to go - he's been a good servant to the club.

Kev0909
7th November 2020, 12:06 AM
I'd try to give him a new contract as well, Kev, but apparently he wants a change. I wouldn't be sure it's about money either.

You can see why he'd want to go to Barca - the manager loves him, it's a huge club, Messi, guaranteed trophies for ever...

Can't say I blame him if he decides to go - he's been a good servant to the club.

Trophies forever?

Don't think so not at the moment, by time they do start again Wij may end up moving to china/usa or retire

Balinkay
7th November 2020, 12:56 AM
They're still one of the two clubs who end up hoovering up the league and cup every year. Though here's hoping Simeone's boys can challenge that monopoly.

Kev0909
7th November 2020, 12:09 PM
They're still one of the two clubs who end up hoovering up the league and cup every year. Though here's hoping Simeone's boys can challenge that monopoly.

You have seen the league so far this season right? :lol::lol::lol:

Balinkay
7th November 2020, 12:15 PM
You have seen the league so far this season right? :lol::lol::lol:

That's a good point, seeing as there's so few games left...

Wonder what the Saints will do for their parade? :D

Kev0909
7th November 2020, 12:29 PM
That's a good point, seeing as there's so few games left...

Wonder what the Saints will do for their parade? :D

It's not just that is it, it's the whole drama around them at the moment, it's not a club i'd love to go to if i was a player from here

but who knows, he'll get more money I suppose.

Balinkay
7th November 2020, 12:34 PM
Oh no, for sure they're on the decline, of course. I've been saying for years they'll be in for a rough ride with their crap transfers and Messi on the wane.

But they will still win guaranteed trophies in Spain all the time as they have no real competition besides Real - who've got issues of their own and AM - who... aren't stellar. They'll still get plenty of domestic silverware.

In Europe - not so much. Good riddance too!

Kev0909
7th November 2020, 12:42 PM
Oh no, for sure they're on the decline, of course. I've been saying for years they'll be in for a rough ride with their crap transfers and Messi on the wane.

But they will still win guaranteed trophies in Spain all the time as they have no real competition besides Real - who've got issues of their own and AM - who... aren't stellar. They'll still get plenty of domestic silverware.

In Europe - not so much. Good riddance too!

Atletico ain't lost a game yet 4 wins 2 draws but I do get your point

I think they may do it this year though with real and barca being off, it would be amazing to see someone like real sociedad win it though for a complete change

Mikel Oyarzabal never gets mentioned but he's only 23 and looks quality, don't think he'll be there for long.

Balinkay
7th November 2020, 12:45 PM
I would love me a Basque champion, Kev! Good shout. Here's hoping someone breaks that tiresome duopoly, though it's going to be tough.

Thought the Oyarzabal character was at least five years older, but I guess I'm confusing him with someone.

dicko1969
9th November 2020, 07:21 PM
Atletico ain't lost a game yet 4 wins 2 draws but I do get your point

I think they may do it this year though with real and barca being off, it would be amazing to see someone like real sociedad win it though for a complete change

Mikel Oyarzabal never gets mentioned but he's only 23 and looks quality, don't think he'll be there for long.

Man City
Yesterday our back 4; £12m
City back 4 ; £200m+

Kev0909
9th November 2020, 10:05 PM
Man City
Yesterday our back 4; £12m
City back 4 ; £200m+

Maybe i'm being stupid but where's the relevance to my post Dicko?

anyone know what's wrong with Ox yet?

has he packed it in or something >?

Balinkay
9th November 2020, 10:10 PM
@Kev

I'm guessing he's clicked on "reply with quote" on your post at some point, then cancelled but it's gotten cashed somehow. Happens to me at times as well.

Insidious
20th January 2021, 12:16 PM
Turns out there was a contractual agreement between Southampton and Arsenal, whereby every time he played for 20 minutes or more, Arsenal had to give Southampton £10,000.

Which is why so many of his appearances came in the form of substitutions after the 71st minute.

That is wild!

Nineteenx
20th January 2021, 05:27 PM
I think Ox is over maligned, played a really important role in 4 or 5 really good wins when available at RCM or LFWD he's our only player to have played in Mane's position and helped the team function at its best while also scoring a couple of important goals, played really well in a few games at RCM in that interchanging midfield 3

One of my favourite goals of the season came when he was involved in that, the passage of play was just a brilliant demonstration of the fluid 3, it started with Ox rcm Gini LCM and Hendo CM nd finished with Hendo high press RCM Ox LCM and Gini at No6 with the opposition player for transition

teesred
20th January 2021, 06:56 PM
I think Ox is over maligned, played a really important role in 4 or 5 really good wins when available at RCM or LFWD he's our only player to have played in Mane's position and helped the team function at its best while also scoring a couple of important goals, played really well in a few games at RCM in that interchanging midfield 3

One of my favourite goals of the season came when he was involved in that, the passage of play was just a brilliant demonstration of the fluid 3, it started with Ox rcm Gini LCM and Hendo CM nd finished with Hendo high press RCM Ox LCM and Gini at No6 with the opposition player for transition

Funny hiw you dont apply the same to Fabinho who was without question instrumental in us winning the title and CL whilst playing midfield.

Chamberlains good games are far outweighed by his poor or invisible man shows. Hes a 1 in 5 player.
Doesnt do anywhere near enough to ever be a first team player.

Steveo
20th January 2021, 07:42 PM
Amen.

Had hopes for him when we signed him - but always had that nagging feeling he would end up on the bench more than playing.

My Gooner mates were over the moon that they got so much for him.

Kev0909
20th January 2021, 08:03 PM
Funny hiw you dont apply the same to Fabinho who was without question instrumental in us winning the title and CL whilst playing midfield.

Chamberlains good games are far outweighed by his poor or invisible man shows. Hes a 1 in 5 player.
Doesnt do anywhere near enough to ever be a first team player.

I don't know why people try and talk to him about fabinho or bother replying I don't anymore, the guys a idiot over it

skyebo
20th January 2021, 08:14 PM
I don't know why people try and talk to him about fabinho or bother replying I don't anymore, the guys a idiot over it

It's all opinions Kev, and when they're only opinions, no-ones right or wrong.

Kev0909
20th January 2021, 08:28 PM
It's all opinions Kev, and when they're only opinions, no-ones right or wrong.

Same arguements every week and 10 posts of the same shit by him how fabinho is somehow shit in midfield and only one who thinks it

Getting rather tedious tbh

skyebo
20th January 2021, 08:31 PM
Same arguements every week and 10 posts of the same shit by him how fabinho is somehow shit in midfield and only one who thinks it

I know what you mean.

Nineteenx
20th January 2021, 08:49 PM

Excuse me, but you're the ones who keep going back to the subject, i'm just responding to people doing that who are directly addressing me, so maybe check yourselves, accept i have my opinion on the subject and that will only change if the player is fielded in midfield and helps the team perform at higher levels than it did in his absence, until such times maybe stop trying to brow beat into accepting what you think is correct because it will never work

Kev0909
20th January 2021, 08:55 PM
No, excuse YOU

i've not mentioned anything to do with fabinho in midfield for a while, because the situation is what it is, and won't change anytime soon so what's the point? + 10 pages of your crap about him

And you be happy you get your wish of fabinho staying at CB this season at least

congrats we obviously miss him there, seems like most people say the same, apart from one person on here.

miller0863
20th January 2021, 09:00 PM
Well this is the Oxlade thread and I’m with tees.

Nineteenx
20th January 2021, 09:10 PM
Well this is the Oxlade thread and I’m with tees.

With Tees how? I was 'on topic' talking about Ox, i never mentioned fucking Fabinho

Insidious
20th January 2021, 09:12 PM
With Tees how? I was 'on topic' talking about Ox, i never mentioned fucking Fabinho

Rebeca Tavares will be pleased :lol:

Nineteenx
20th January 2021, 09:12 PM
No, excuse YOU

i've not mentioned anything to do with fabinho in midfield for a while, because the situation is what it is, and won't change anytime soon so what's the point? + 10 pages of your crap about him

And you be happy you get your wish of fabinho staying at CB this season at least

congrats we obviously miss him there, seems like most people say the same, apart from one person on here.

You're doing it again, i'm not commenting on it, give it a fucking rest

miller0863
20th January 2021, 09:42 PM
Chill 19 mate, wasn’t having a go, just agreeing with tees on Ox.

Kev0909
20th January 2021, 09:51 PM
You're doing it again, i'm not commenting on it, give it a fucking rest

Ironic

fucking liar of the highest order, you give it a rest you fuckin donkey all you do is come on to post about fabinho every single day

get a grip

dicko1969
20th January 2021, 10:22 PM
Sadly Oxlade is either injured or on the bench.

Because even when he is available he isn't 1st choice.

Henderson Gini Thiago Fabinho Jones Keita all ahead of him.

Nineteenx
20th January 2021, 11:19 PM
I was posting about Ox on the Ox thread, i didn't fucking mention Fab and i've made numerous posts lauding his excellent performances at CB ffs

miller0863
20th January 2021, 11:24 PM
And that’s peace out is it Kev?

Wish I could do a roll eyes emoji

RedNoodle
20th January 2021, 11:30 PM
Here's one for you:-

:rolleyes:

: rolleyes : (but without any gap between the words and colons)

miller0863
20th January 2021, 11:31 PM
:roll eyes:

miller0863
20th January 2021, 11:31 PM
:rolleyes:

miller0863
20th January 2021, 11:32 PM
Yaay!!

RedNoodle
20th January 2021, 11:33 PM
Yaay!!

And they say that you cant teach an 'old dog' new tricks.

miller0863
20th January 2021, 11:35 PM
They don’t come much older than me n’all

redebreck
22nd January 2021, 05:25 PM
Have to try it:rolleyes:

Insidious
22nd July 2021, 08:33 PM
Been playing the "Firmino role" in pre-season.

Interested to see if he can have a good season, or if he will continue to be incredibly unlucky in the injury department once more.

Scores big goals - but doesn't score many goals - indeed I think it's 44 in all comps over a 13-season career and (this stat may surprise you) he has never scored more than 4 goals in a Premier League season - in the League specifically I mean. Which seems mad as he loves a Worldie - just not too often.

27 and two years left on his contract. Huge season for him if he wants his career to pan out favourably you feel.

ianlfc
22nd July 2021, 10:22 PM
Been playing the "Firmino role" in pre-season.

Interested to see if he can have a good season, or if he will continue to be incredibly unlucky in the injury department once more.

Scores big goals - but doesn't score many goals - indeed I think it's 44 in all comps over a 13-season career and (this stat may surprise you) he has never scored more than 4 goals in a Premier League season - in the League specifically I mean. Which seems mad as he loves a Worldie - just not too often.

27 and two years left on his contract. Huge season for him if he wants his career to pan out favourably you feel.

TBF ,I could play the 'Firmino role ' if his performances from last season were anything to go by 🤣🤣

LFC-DPG
22nd July 2021, 10:29 PM
Like a new signing Ox.

Insidious
22nd July 2021, 11:01 PM
TBF ,I could play the 'Firmino role ' if his performances from last season were anything to go by 🤣🤣

Yes, not his best last year. I know he offers a lot without the ball but 9 goals in all comps isn't great.

Was it 17/18 when he was in beast mode? 27 goals in all comps or something wild, tore the Champion's League a new one?

I think FSG will be keen to extend the contracts of 2/3 of the attacking trio to ease our transition into the next phase/team. Firmino you'd have to say looks the most vulnerable of the 3 to perhaps not having his extended.

Kev0909
22nd July 2021, 11:25 PM
Fucking hell we are desperate -ox to solve all our problems

justme
23rd July 2021, 05:54 AM
Im all for forward that can turn and run at the back line. better than Firmino who plays with his back to play and loses the ball all to often.. Just seems to me that we wont be getting a forward then if Ox is one primed for that role. we still need a wide player and a midfielder.

miller0863
23rd July 2021, 08:35 AM
Thing is, Ox is a very talented player but he’s never at full match fitness, as in having had a run of games to make him sharp. Not just physically fit, match fit.
He may well be excellent in the Bobby role but he’ll never be fit enough, long enough for us to know.
Plus, I can’t see Klopp dropping Bobby for Ox, for an extended period either.

Bit of a non starter innit

Insidious
23rd July 2021, 08:42 AM
Fucking hell we are desperate -ox to solve all our problems

There's often a bit of experimentation in pre-season to be fair - remember Lallana getting chances as a no.6 at one stage.

teesred
23rd July 2021, 09:18 AM
Thing is, Ox is a very talented player but he’s never at full match fitness, as in having had a run of games to make him sharp. Not just physically fit, match fit.
He may well be excellent in the Bobby role but he’ll never be fit enough, long enough for us to know.
Plus, I can’t see Klopp dropping Bobby for Ox, for an extended period either.

Bit of a non starter innit

Agree Miller. It all has a "recycling" feel about it.
Utilising things, all good and well but it also points to us not bringing in the players we want or require.
Things might look different but at the moment we seem to be acting a bit small-time rather than a club who mean business by trying to get back to where we were.
That's the impression I'm getting.

ianlfc
23rd July 2021, 10:14 AM
Utilising things, all good and well but it also points to us not bringing in the players we want or require.
Things might look different but at the moment we seem to be acting a bit small-time rather than a club who mean business by trying to get back to where we were.

Considering the success Jurgen has had in the last few years, you could hardly blame him for hanging around dealing with this shite.
When he's been handed money he's brought success, more success means more money. can the owners not see a connection here ?

Insidious
23rd July 2021, 10:33 AM
Considering the success Jurgen has had in the last few years, you could hardly blame him for hanging around dealing with this shite

I take it you mean not hanging around, aka leaving due to lack of funds?

That would surprise me. His big issue at Dortmund was losing his star players.

Salah, Mane, Fabinho, Van Dijk, Alisson, Gomez, Trent, Robertson will all be tied down as best we can over the next 12-24 months most likely.

That's not to say we don't need to add as well - we do - though I imagine this will be easier when renewals are done.

Can't be neglected though. I'm all for efficiency, being shrewd and leaning towards risk-averse purchases (we thought we were getting a "sure thing" in Keita and it didn't work out, can't afford - quite literally - to make that type of mistake too often) as well as giving as many of the "squad" positions to Academy players as possible, but we would be foolish to neglect the first team, or "first 17" as it were, so fingers crossed we can add someone after we free up non-homegrown spaces via sales.

Origi+Shaqiri leaving would help a lot, though I can foresee Origi staying on as "fifth" forward (Jota 4th, Elliott 6th) if this Ox experiment bears no fruit - and of course Origi isn't an easy sale anyway.

Could do with some activity from the "top" clubs so that a few of the "fair to middling" clubs have some money burning a hole in their pocket. There's a lot of talk in the window thus far but clubs haven't been all that busy overall.

redebreck
23rd July 2021, 10:45 AM

FSG turning us into a small-time club?

Steveo
23rd July 2021, 01:30 PM
Bunch-a-caaan’ts…. :D

Kev0909
24th July 2021, 12:56 PM
Horrible thing to say but I give him 2 months until he's out for most of the season again (Starting when the season starts.)

As for keita i'm surprised he's got through friendly's without a injury.

teesred
24th July 2021, 01:47 PM
Horrible thing to say but I give him 2 months until he's out for most of the season again (Starting when the season starts.)

As for keita i'm surprised he's got through friendly's without a injury.

77 games in 4 seasons, 8 goals.
Keita 55games 4 goals.
To think either of them will suddenley flip that trend is just naive.

Kev0909
24th July 2021, 01:52 PM
77 games in 4 seasons, 8 goals.
Keita 55games 4 goals.
To think either of them will suddenley flip that trend is just naive.

I assume ox's 77 is probably mostly sub appearences too?

I didn't think he'd start that many so must be.

teesred
24th July 2021, 02:02 PM
I assume ox's 77 is probably mostly sub appearences too?

I didn't think he'd start that many so must be.

A lot of them I'd imagine. Keita probably had more starts.

Insidious
15th September 2021, 10:51 PM
After looking rusty (to put it kindly) at the weekend, it was nice to see that the energy and athleticism still seems to be in there.

Hopefully can build on that.

teesred
15th September 2021, 11:24 PM
After looking rusty (to put it kindly) at the weekend, it was nice to see that the energy and athleticism still seems to be in there.

FFS. Howay Sid.

CCTV
15th September 2021, 11:53 PM

He should stop running the ball into opposition players. Those types of turnovers are annoying, maybe he's forcing his play too much

toshin
16th September 2021, 12:16 PM
Commentator
"Oxlaide chamberlain *insert something something* and he loses the ball"

Its called doin the Ox