PDA

View Full Version : Coronavirus and the impact on football

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Kev0909
8th February 2020, 11:40 AM
What if spreads to the UK bigtime?

What would be the damage to the league?

We've been that lucky lately, I wouldn't be surprised if it stopped us winning the league.

Hopefully it would just end how it is?

I'm still pissed from last night but it's a valid point, and it's all very much doom doom about it and over-drastic atm, but you never know

Thoughts?

miller0863
8th February 2020, 12:24 PM
Excess alcohol consumption over a prolonged period can seriously damage your health.

ianlfc
8th February 2020, 12:26 PM
What if spreads to the UK bigtime?

What would be the damage to the league?

We've been that lucky lately, I wouldn't be surprised if it stopped us winning the league.

Hopefully it would just end how it is?

I'm still pissed from last night but it's a valid point, and it's all very much doom doom about it and over-drastic atm, but you never know

Thoughts?

Shut up, Ya big girl !! 😂😂

RedNoodle
8th February 2020, 12:27 PM
Kev has been taking lessons from Sid. ;)

justincredible
8th February 2020, 12:33 PM
Keep drinking lad. Don't stop.....

Kev0909
8th February 2020, 12:42 PM
you'all won't be laughing when you get corona'd

justincredible
8th February 2020, 12:52 PM
you'all won't be laughing when you get corona'd

Stick a lime in it Kev.

miller0863
8th February 2020, 01:12 PM
Or up it, whatever floats your boat.

Kev0909
8th February 2020, 01:40 PM
Hot damn miller

In other news, henderson had his baby 9 months and 1 day after winning champions league

fair play he celebrated

When's the football back, and I don't mean them shitty games today

RedNoodle
8th February 2020, 01:51 PM
Next weekend when all the other teams play inc us.

Kev0909
8th February 2020, 01:58 PM
Next weekend when all the other teams play inc us.

good we need to get this season on with and over, before the corona takes over

RedNoodle
8th February 2020, 02:00 PM
good we need to get this season on with and over, before the corona takes over

Knowing my luck I'll probably end up contracting it.

Kev0909
8th February 2020, 02:02 PM
Knowing my luck I'll probably end up contracting it.

Me too

Oh yay everton are winning wahoooooofuckinghooo

Super saturday today

miller0863
8th February 2020, 02:42 PM
Think Pickford’s got it

Kev0909
8th February 2020, 02:43 PM
Think Pickford’s got it

well benteke scored,must be some issue

the worlds gone mad...

Oh well my 2-1 prediction is on

ianlfc
8th February 2020, 02:45 PM
Think Pickford’s got it

He's only got little arms 😂😂😂

stevie harkness
8th February 2020, 03:21 PM
Everton 3-1 Palace

Everton go above Man Utd and are just 5 points off 4th place.

Taksin
8th February 2020, 03:38 PM
It was probably Sir Alex Ferguson who started the whole epidemic

RedNoodle
8th February 2020, 03:42 PM
well benteke scored,must be some issue

the worlds gone mad...

Oh well my 2-1 prediction is on

DCL the **** fkd up our predictions with four minutes of the ninety left to play!!! He then blazed a volley over the bar from a couple of yards out!!! The **** needed to do that a few minutes earlier!!! :mad:

Nineteenx
8th February 2020, 05:24 PM
Is it something to do with the Corona man not washing the pop bottles properly? Aaaaaah back in the day, when the Corona man came round and sold you your pop and you got money back for returning the empties

RedNoodle
8th February 2020, 06:11 PM
Is it something to do with the Corona man not washing the pop bottles properly? Aaaaaah back in the day, when the Corona man came round and sold you your pop and you got money back for returning the empties

Knowing that tells us the lower end of your possible age.

Have you got any plans for your retirement? ;)

Nineteenx
8th February 2020, 06:16 PM
Knowing that tells us the lower end of your possible age.

Have you got any plans for your retirement? ;)

Not so fast Noodle, I grew up in the rural area, so it's highly likely we had the Corona man for another 10-15 years after everyone else had moved onto polluting the planet with plastic bottles. It is too true, when I was touring and went to live in London for 13 years and came back to visit my folks and any friends still here it was like I'd gone through a time warp :D We used to have the Seabrookes man too

eggy81
8th February 2020, 06:35 PM
Excess alcohol consumption over a prolonged period can seriously damage your health.

An experienced voice.

eggy81
8th February 2020, 06:37 PM
Wouldn't fancy being on that Asian cruise liner. Fecking resident evil shit right there. 2 solid weeks on a floating disease raft.

RedNoodle
8th February 2020, 06:38 PM
Not so fast Noodle, I grew up in the rural area, so it's highly likely we had the Corona man for another 10-15 years after everyone else had moved onto polluting the planet with plastic bottles. It is too true, when I was touring and went to live in London for 13 years and came back to visit my folks and any friends still here it was like I'd gone through a time warp :D We used to have the Seabrookes man too

So I take it where you used to live still sell Rola Cola and Panda Pops in shops given how many years behind everyone else they are?

RedNoodle
8th February 2020, 06:40 PM
I dunno. There are worse places to be holed up than on a luxury cruise ship.

Nineteenx
8th February 2020, 06:40 PM
So I take it where you used to live still sell Rola Cola and Panda Pops in shops given how many years behind everyone else they are?

They still sell Chewits for 10p a packet :D :D :D (not really)

Steveo
8th February 2020, 06:41 PM
Think Pickford’s got it

Possibly got it when he got his buttocks - Botoxed.. :D

eggy81
8th February 2020, 06:41 PM
I dunno. There are worse places to be holed up than on a luxury cruise ship.

Like if it got loose in a prison or something. 25hr lockdown to the stage where you cant even see the person feeding you. Depends if it has good cable I suppose.

toneata
8th February 2020, 09:02 PM
Think Pickford’s got it

He'll never catch it.

miller0863
8th February 2020, 09:09 PM
Yaaay in she pops

RedNoodle
8th February 2020, 09:09 PM
He'll never catch it.

Or anything else, especially if it's round and used in a game of football.

Insidious
8th February 2020, 11:10 PM
I look at it this way -

- I didn't get BSE
- I didn't get Swine Flu
- I didn't get Bird Flu
- I didn't get SARS
- I probably won't get Corona Virus
- If I do get Corona Virus, hard luck, it was my time, we're over-populated anyway.

I don't say this to make light of the situation - it's clearly very bad for all affected - but big picture, ye know?

dicko1969
9th February 2020, 02:37 AM
I was thinking the same as Kev

Play behind closed doors

Only watch on TV

Imagine that omg

Yep we are too many people on the planet near 8 billion!

teesred
9th February 2020, 09:23 AM
I look at it this way -

- I didn't get BSE
- I didn't get Swine Flu
- I didn't get Bird Flu
- I didn't get SARS
- If I do get Corona Virus, hard luck, it was my time, we're over-populated anyway.

I don't say this to make light of the situation - it's clearly very bad for all affected - but big picture, ye know?

You forgot Ebola! 😁

Kev0909
9th February 2020, 12:56 PM
I look at it this way -

- I didn't get BSE
- I didn't get Swine Flu
- I didn't get Bird Flu
- I didn't get SARS

but you did get clap

miller0863
9th February 2020, 02:29 PM
Hahaha

Insidious
9th February 2020, 08:39 PM
but you did get clap

If we were in Rome, I would give you a HI V for that joke.

Balinkay
9th February 2020, 09:10 PM
If we were in Rome, I would give you a HI V for that joke.

Hheheheeheheeheeeheh

LEGS
9th February 2020, 11:28 PM
It has caused Dele Alli a few issues on social media !

What a doughnut.

RedNoodle
9th February 2020, 11:50 PM
It has caused Dele Alli a few issues on social media !

What a doughnut.

All these players earning millions upon millions of pounds, yet they've barely got a dozen brain cells between a lot of them.

Kev0909
10th February 2020, 02:44 PM
Just got a text from my dr's saying if i've been in contact with someone or been in china last 2 weeks, to stay in the house.

Bit drastic no?

I'm telling you, we're all getting corona'd

justincredible
10th February 2020, 02:51 PM
Just got a text from my dr's saying if i've been in contact with someone or been in china last 2 weeks, to stay in the house.

Bit drastic no?

I'm telling you, we're all getting corona'd

Stay indoors Kev and play your The Knack records to death.

https://youtu.be/g1T71PGd-J0

Myyyyy Corona....... Yo!

dicko1969
23rd February 2020, 07:18 AM
Italy a lot of games postponed

Nineteenx
23rd February 2020, 07:55 AM
Italy a lot of games postponed

Due to corona virus? How and why? Surely their national health authority is on top of people arriving from affected areas and quaranteening them? If they're not, then that throws up great potential for it to spread throughout Europe

Kev0909
23rd February 2020, 01:19 PM
Due to corona virus? How and why? Surely their national health authority is on top of people arriving from affected areas and quaranteening them? If they're not, then that throws up great potential for it to spread throughout Europe

No swine flu :encouragement:

Inter Milan's home game against Sampdoria is among four Serie A fixtures on Sunday postponed over fears of the spread of coronavirus.

The suspension was announced by Italian prime minister Giuseppe Conte at a news conference on Saturday.

"Minister of Sport [Vincenzo] Spadafora intends to suspend all sporting events planned for Sunday in the Veneto and Lombardy regions," Conte said.

taly has introduced "extraordinary measures" to tackle the spread of the biggest outbreak of the new coronavirus in Europe.

Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte announced the emergency plan late as the number of cases rose to more than 100.

The measures were imposed after two Italian citizens were confirmed to have died from the virus.

A dozen towns in the northern regions of Lombardy and Veneto have been effectively quarantined under the plan.

Around 50,000 people from towns in two northern regions have been asked to stay at home by authorities.

Ya all was laughing at me :welcoming::welcoming::encouragement:

stevie harkness
25th February 2020, 09:38 PM
It looks like it's already impacted the Six Nations Rugby with the Ireland v Italy match facing being postponed.

And several Serie A matches to be played behind closed doors.

Kev0909
25th February 2020, 09:54 PM
It looks like it's already impacted the Six Nations Rugby with the Ireland v Italy match facing being postponed.

And several Serie A matches to be played behind closed doors.

Getting out of hand, only a matter of time until a big outbreak in UK

dicko1969
26th February 2020, 03:22 AM
Not looking great
Figures looking at 1/100 deaths if contracted
Mostly elderly, or people with illnesses already

Wash your hands
Dont rub your eyes / nose / mouth

Back of my mind is playing games behind closed doors

Or games postponed...

What are the likely contingency plans

Nineteenx
26th February 2020, 10:56 AM
Looks like it's spreading because of poor initial measures in some places, Italy have only taken the measures that were taken in the UK since there were confirmed cases and deaths, really not good enough. I didn't agree with Brits working abroad who had it being brought back, sounds harsh, but you go and live and work somewhere and get a new virus that's a potential pandemic, stay where you are and be treated there

teesred
26th February 2020, 12:25 PM
It's just a matter of days before a pandemic is reached. The problem with it seems to be the incubation period, people who have it and not realised have been travelling and spreading it unknowingly.
Its quite worrying.

Steveo
26th February 2020, 12:54 PM
It is a worry and those who want to make out is just a Flu are foolhardy BUT the media is going hell for leather with it - A cynic :D might just think the Assange trial and potential extradition being blown off the front pages across the NATO world is perhaps -- good timing..

Age, Sex, Existing Conditions of COVID-19 Cases and Deaths

As of February 23rd 2020

AGE._______________DEATH RATE*
80+ years old._______14.8%
70-79 years old_______8.0%
60-69 years old.______3.6%
50-59 years old.______1.3%
40-49 years old.______0.4%
30-39 years old.______0.2%
20-29 years old.______0.2%
10-19 years old.______0.2%
0-9 years old.________no fatalities

Kev0909
26th February 2020, 06:43 PM
What you need to realise is that this virus is in the early stages, it can develop it can get worse.

Steveo
26th February 2020, 06:51 PM
I know mate - I don’t take it lightly at all.

dicko1969
27th February 2020, 02:12 AM
Under 50yo ok
Over 50yo....not so ok

Higher levels for people suffering with lung disease, diabetes, heart disease...

At the moment I am feeling unwell. Slight flu symptoms. Cough fever aches... Saturday I was in a very large crowd thousands of people

Kev0909
27th February 2020, 03:58 PM
Under 50yo ok
Over 50yo....not so ok

Higher levels for people suffering with lung disease, diabetes, heart disease...

At the moment I am feeling unwell. Slight flu symptoms. Cough fever aches... Saturday I was in a very large crowd thousands of people

Nice knowing you dicko!

That's the thing though, i don't see how the news can keep track of everyone who has it, it's not obvious people could think it's the flu etc, and obviously can't go to the drs to get it checked out or anything like that!

100% more cases than reported

stevie harkness
28th February 2020, 07:55 PM
Newcastle United players have stopped their usual customary handshakes as a precaution against coronavirus...

West Ham players are doing fist bumps instead, but the club have issued them all with hand gel.

southernboy
28th February 2020, 11:06 PM
I haven’t shook hands with people for years because I know what dirty bastards people can be. Fun fact, Stevie G has a hand washing obsession. I’m not too far behind in truth.

Steveo
28th February 2020, 11:15 PM
Cleanliness is next to Godliness - That’s what I was always taught...

CCTV
28th February 2020, 11:20 PM
It is a worry and those who want to make out is just a Flu are foolhardy BUT the media is going hell for leather with it - A cynic :D might just think the Assange trial and potential extradition being blown off the front pages across the NATO world is perhaps -- good timing..

Age, Sex, Existing Conditions of COVID-19 Cases and Deaths

As of February 23rd 2020

AGE._______________DEATH RATE*
80+ years old._______14.8%
70-79 years old_______8.0%
60-69 years old.______3.6%
50-59 years old.______1.3%
40-49 years old.______0.4%
30-39 years old.______0.2%
20-29 years old.______0.2%
10-19 years old.______0.2%
0-9 years old.________no fatalities

A55ange is fooked, show trial begun and not one of the politicians who should have his back will turn up for him. Trump, Bernie & Corbyn the 3 you might expect to do so something but they just take the benefits and leave him hanging. Disturbing.

RedNoodle
28th February 2020, 11:20 PM
I should be okay. As soon as the virus gets anywhere near me it will think "Sod that for a game of soldiers! If anyone thinks I'm going anywhere near that they've got another think coming. Who knows what I'll contract!".

Steveo
28th February 2020, 11:48 PM
A55ange is fooked, show trial begun and not one of the politicians who should have his back will turn up for him. Trump, Bernie & Corbyn the 3 you might expect to do so something but they just take the benefits and leave him hanging. Disturbing.

They all die in jail mate - they never get to speak again...

pob
29th February 2020, 04:05 AM
Ahem..

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8057395/Liverpool-miss-Premier-League-title-dozens-teams-miss-promotion-coronavirus.html

miller0863
29th February 2020, 09:12 AM
They could play games behind closed doors with all Premier League games screened live, it’s not rocket science, the precedent has been set in the Champions League.

stevie harkness
29th February 2020, 09:54 AM
Despite the ban on handshakes players will still be allowed to celebrate goals in the usual intimate way.

jamesugw
29th February 2020, 01:10 PM
I hope I'm not tempting fate but I don't for a second believe that the season will be cut short. Does anyone really believe that the Premier League and the Champions League - two enormous money-making machines - are going to that? Maybe matches will be played in empty stadiums - which would be weird - but there's no way on earth, the guys in the FA or UEFA are going to take a financial hit with the TV money. The game is about money nowadays, has been for a long time.

ianlfc
29th February 2020, 01:29 PM
Despite the ban on handshakes players will still be allowed to celebrate goals in the usual intimate way.

19x likes this.

teesred
29th February 2020, 01:43 PM
19x likes this.

It can be transferred via bodily fluids so all bumming is off until the all clear sounds.

eggy81
29th February 2020, 02:17 PM
I reckon there's every chance it gets cancelled if theres a significant outbreak in the uk.

teesred
29th February 2020, 02:43 PM
I reckon there's every chance it gets cancelled if theres a significant outbreak in the uk.

5 serie A games called off. Rescheduled for may 13.
If anything does get called off they'll be rescheduled like that, doubt they can just cancel it completely. Hopefully Utd beat City next week and we keep winning. 4 more wins as it stands. 3 if City are beaten by Utd.

toneata
29th February 2020, 02:46 PM
Think we're a long way from the PL season getting cancelled. We'll wrap it up before then anyway.

eggy81
29th February 2020, 03:14 PM
Hopefully. Its important now to keep winning. Agree with tees too. Cancelled wrong word. They'd have to postpone it.

southernboy
29th February 2020, 03:15 PM
Think we're a long way from the PL season getting cancelled. We'll wrap it up before then anyway.

Agree on both points. There are far more intimate gatherings than football that would also need to be ruled out (concerts, theatre, eating out, clubs and pubs, public transport, going to work etc). I can understand European and international games maybe being postponed or played behind closed doors, but domestically I don’t see it.

Nineteenx
29th February 2020, 04:21 PM
It's a load of hysterical nonsense anyway, on the news yesterday some bod was making the point that in our worst winters as many as 10,000 people die from flu

teesred
29th February 2020, 04:33 PM
It's a load of hysterical nonsense anyway, on the news yesterday some bod was making the point that in our worst winters as many as 10,000 people die from flu

I read that. Its difficult to know what to believe nowadays. The Brexit debacle showed that all the news agencies in this country are totally untrustworthy. I never used to believe conspiracy theories but you just dont know
Have you seen/read the theory about the Dean Koontz book from years ago? Allegedly about a virus called wuhan which spreads into a pandemic.

CCTV
29th February 2020, 06:10 PM

If it was as widespread as flu wouldnt it kill over 200,000 people in the UK alone ?

Steveo
29th February 2020, 06:19 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51688379

Key games in Italy postponed until mid May.. they were scheduled to be played behind closed doors but have now been postponed.

I don’t like the look of this one little bit

dicko1969
29th February 2020, 06:46 PM

In uk mid December 1999 to mid January 2000

50 000 excess deaths big flu

eggy81
29th February 2020, 10:55 PM
Well its here now. Few days off work ahoy hopefully.

reddownunder
1st March 2020, 08:38 AM
I haven't seen it mentioned yet but the European championships could be under serious threat of being cancelled if this thing keeps getting worse

dicko1969
1st March 2020, 05:31 PM
One positive
Less pollution

dicko1969
1st March 2020, 05:31 PM
If they null/void this season who qualifies for CL next season ?

Nineteenx
1st March 2020, 05:43 PM
If they null/void this season who qualifies for CL next season ?

They can't null or void it, they'd have to find a way of allocating all the positions including first if the season were to be cut short

dicko1969
1st March 2020, 06:04 PM
I guess the last 10 games simulate like on football manager

Be a great way to end the season

teesred
1st March 2020, 06:12 PM
I guess the last 10 games simulate like on football manager

Be a great way to end the season

Like the panel result on the pools! Haha.

southernboy
2nd March 2020, 01:33 AM
For anyone that’s interested in the worldwide numbers and likes spreadsheets, this is a very useful resource:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

RedNoodle
2nd March 2020, 04:18 AM
For anyone that’s interested in the worldwide numbers and likes spreadsheets, this is a very useful resource:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Those people who are interested in/like both of those thing are going to be part of a fairly small subset. ;)

Nineteenx
2nd March 2020, 04:30 AM
Those people who are interested in/like both of those thing are going to be part of a fairly small subset. ;)

They'll already be in their bunkers with their tin foil hats on and 10 years of tinned food supplies

Nineteenx
4th March 2020, 06:02 PM
I can see the European Championships being called off, as we've seen with Italy a lot of other European nations didn't react to prevent the spread of the virus as well as the UK Gov did, so having the volume of people from right across Europe coming over that will must be considered a huge public health risk if the situation continues to escalate

faridtoxteth
4th March 2020, 06:09 PM
I think it is not likely that they would simulate games and results. More likely play the games behind closed doors. they could be televised so there would still be some revenue.
that seems to be the way Italy is going.
I also think the euros might be called off, especially since Platini's mad plan involves thousands of fans having to fly all over europe.

Steveo
4th March 2020, 06:20 PM
Yep this is a big worry for us IMO - the Anfield crowd plays a huge part - especially in Europe. That Atletico game can't come soon enough - if that is behind closed doors that massively benefits the away side.

Nineteenx
4th March 2020, 06:23 PM
Yep this is a big worry for us IMO - the Anfield crowd plays a huge part - especially in Europe. That Atletico game can't come soon enough - if that is behind closed doors that massively benefits the away side.

You would think, given away fans allocations are relatively small, that so as not to punish clubs financially they would allow home fans only games, seems reasonable to me ;)

southernboy
5th March 2020, 01:24 AM
Actually that makes complete sense. It’s international travel that’s causing the rise in cases.

dicko1969
5th March 2020, 04:20 AM
I can see the European Championships being called off, as we've seen with Italy a lot of other European nations didn't react to prevent the spread of the virus as well as the UK Gov did, so having the volume of people from right across Europe coming over that will must be considered a huge public health risk if the situation continues to escalate

I blame it all on immigration

Education
Health
Social housing
Pollution
ALL

Now another thing to add corona beer

CCTV
5th March 2020, 01:29 PM
I blame it all on immigration

Education
Health
Social housing
Pollution
ALL

Now another thing to add corona beer

https://archive.boston.com/news/globe/ideas/articles/2007/08/05/the_downside_of_diversity/

Steveo
5th March 2020, 06:10 PM
Closed doors looking more and more likely

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/mar/05/premier-league-matches-closed-doors-coronavirus-everton

redebreck
6th March 2020, 01:01 AM
Our government is now making noises that it expects the virus to spread widely in the UK. Talk of 80% of the population being affected. Makes sense to reduce the possibility of spreading by stopping crowds forming.
Behind closed doors is a safe bet before very long.

toneata
7th March 2020, 11:26 AM
Imagine winning the title in a ground with no spectators.

....Imagine the bloody parade being called off!!

miller0863
7th March 2020, 12:06 PM
Parade would just be delayed not permanently cancelled

ianlfc
7th March 2020, 12:22 PM
There's talk of stopping over 70's going to matches. I'd love to see a stewert stopping some of my Dads over 70 year old kop season ticket holder mates getting in to see the Reds win the league !!

teesred
7th March 2020, 12:24 PM
There's talk of stopping over 70's going to matches. I'd love to see a stewert stopping some of my Dads over 70 year old kop season ticket holder mates getting in to see the Reds win the league !!

Fiiiiiiiiigggghhhhtttt!!!!!!!

ianlfc
7th March 2020, 12:28 PM
Fiiiiiiiiigggghhhhtttt!!!!!!!

A couple of them ex Matthew st bouncers as well !!

teesred
7th March 2020, 12:32 PM
I'm puzzled about this 70s and over thing. Is it to protect others from them or them from others due to their "vulnerability " health wise,?

Steveo
7th March 2020, 12:41 PM
I'm puzzled about this 70s and over thing. Is it to protect others from them or them from others due to their "vulnerability " health wise,?

Must be vulnerability BUT once they suggest over 70’s being banned - it’s closed doors around the corner. It really isn’t smart for any gatherings or big groups of people at all. This virus is a nasty one - can liquify lungs!!! Sounds more like Ebola than any flu

toneata
7th March 2020, 01:29 PM
Parade would just be delayed not permanently cancelled

Could be months though and go into next season.

....wouldnt be fair having Mbappe at the front of the bus lifting the trophy when he didn't have a hand in it!

stevie harkness
7th March 2020, 01:37 PM
LeBron James saying he'll refuse to play behind closed doors if there are no fans because that's who he plays for!

ianlfc
7th March 2020, 03:40 PM
LeBron James saying he'll refuse to play behind closed doors if there are no fans because that's who he plays for!

A new partner for Virgil ?

ianlfc
8th March 2020, 12:59 AM
A fella over here today awaiting tests from the hospital thought it was ok to go ahead and play a amateur league game. After the game he got the phone call to confirm hes tested positive !!
Us Irish don't help ourselves 😂😂😂

ianlfc
8th March 2020, 01:07 AM
And most of his teammates are currently in Kellys night club in Portrush.

fiordearg
8th March 2020, 01:07 AM
It's a plot to kill the elderly and save money

Nineteenx
8th March 2020, 01:19 AM
It's a plot to kill the elderly and save money

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah conspiracy theory :D You need to stay off BlueMooneyLooney mate

dicko1969
8th March 2020, 01:48 AM
Everyone should live to 75yo
Big birthday bash
Then ciao

Balinkay
8th March 2020, 09:19 AM
Went to the supermarket twice this week. Both times the shelves didn't look too full, especially the ones that usually contain rice, pasta and cans. People are starting to get scared over here.

Since we can work from home and the big bossess have encouraged us to do so in the past weeks, the office has been half empty for a while now.

Things are getting serious, as businesses are starting to clamp down.

stevie harkness
8th March 2020, 09:49 AM
Everyone should live to 75yo
Big birthday bash
Then ciao

Logan's Run. Just before they qualify for a free TV licence. Harsh.

teesred
8th March 2020, 09:57 AM
Half of Italy quarantined. This is getting out of hand.

TheDOC1979
8th March 2020, 11:25 AM
No handshakes before the match, then hugs when they score, picking up balls for a throw in (not like the ball boys are sanitising the Balls with each throw in. Close contact for throw ins and corners.

This has gone way out of hand. Any “virus” is lethal if you have underlying, debilitating health conditions.

stevie harkness
8th March 2020, 11:36 AM
No handshakes before the match, then hugs when they score, picking up balls for a throw in (not like the ball boys are sanitising the Balls with each throw in. Close contact for throw ins and corners.

This has gone way out of hand. Any “virus” is lethal if you have underlying, debilitating health conditions.

Yep. Don't cough into your hand, cough into your elbow and don't shake hands, bump elbows. But maybe not the one you cough into?

southernboy
8th March 2020, 12:16 PM

I watched Wales v England 6 nations yesterday. You can’t get much closer to another human being than they do!

Steveo
8th March 2020, 12:27 PM
I know it’s nuts...:D

Steveo
8th March 2020, 01:22 PM
On a serious note....

All Italian 1st division matches have been cancelled...!!!

From the guardian:

Italian first division football matches cancelled

All matches in Italy’s topflight Serie A division should be cancelled until further notice, the Italian Minister of Sport has said minutes before Serie A games were due to resume in empty stadiums.

Vincenzo Spadafora said that it made no sense to put at risk the health of players, officials, fans and others.

The news filtered through as players from Parma and Spal were already on the pitch in their clash in Parma today. They were invited to return dressing room and the game has been delayed.

More follows

Balinkay
8th March 2020, 01:43 PM
Err... GGMU for tonight then.

Steveo
8th March 2020, 02:17 PM
Sadly - yes... They need the points more than City

southernboy
8th March 2020, 02:18 PM
In the rugby, they started with elbow bumps rather than handshakes, there was hand sanitiser all around the pitch, the ball was regularly cleaned or replaced, and yet the players spent half the game with their heads up each other’s arses. You couldn’t make it up!

redebreck
8th March 2020, 05:48 PM
In the rugby, they started with elbow bumps rather than handshakes, there was hand sanitiser all around the pitch, the ball was regularly cleaned or replaced, and yet the players spent half the game with their heads up each other’s arses . You couldn’t make it up!

Except for Joe Mahler

dicko1969
8th March 2020, 07:03 PM
In the rugby, they started with elbow bumps rather than handshakes, there was hand sanitiser all around the pitch, the ball was regularly cleaned or replaced, and yet the players spent half the game with their heads up each other’s arses. You couldn’t make it up!

Did the Scots beat the french
🙏🙏🙏🙏

southernboy
9th March 2020, 02:10 PM
Saturday's Six Nations rugby match between France and Ireland in Paris has been postponed.

If the situation continues to escalate, I honestly can't see the champions league finishing unless games are played behind closed doors. Imagine the final without a crowd. I know people will say that the financial impact will always be the deciding factor, but I think political pressures will be too strong.

justincredible
9th March 2020, 02:33 PM
Saturday's Six Nations rugby match between France and Ireland in Paris has been postponed.

If the situation continues to escalate, I honestly can't see the champions league finishing unless games are played behind closed doors. Imagine the final without a crowd. I know people will say that the financial impact will always be the deciding factor, but I think political pressures will be too strong.
Jaysus, those French are really sore losers. Well done Scotland.

toneata
9th March 2020, 07:44 PM
ALL sport in Italy now suspended, including Serie A but doesn't include national or club teams participating in international comps..............so they're still free to spread it outside Italy I guess.

fiordearg
9th March 2020, 07:45 PM
ALL sport in Italy now suspended, including Serie A but doesn't include national or club teams participating in international comps..............so they're still free to spread it outside Italy I guess.

Travel ban on Italy

toneata
9th March 2020, 07:54 PM
Travel ban on Italy

They can still fly out.

southernboy
10th March 2020, 01:22 PM
Matches in Spain's top two divisions will be played behind closed doors for at least the next two weeks because of coronavirus concerns.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51815623

If domestic games are getting this treatment now, what's going to happen to the CL and Euros ?

justme
10th March 2020, 02:54 PM
Am just thinking if any games get played behind closed doors at Anfield. Why don't they just have 50 thousand full life cardboard cut outs of Jurgen with a mean looking face staring back at the opposition.

Insidious
10th March 2020, 03:00 PM
Hopefully we can wrap the League up quickly.

Would be a shame if it was won with no crowd to witness it.

Nineteenx
10th March 2020, 05:46 PM
Jurgen slaps down the reporter from Madrid and rightly so, asking stupid questions about physical contact between the players and if Jurgen was worried. That journo lives in Madrid, the spread of corona virus is worse there, I believe they are set to be playing behind closed doors, if he's worried about it, he shouldn't get on a fucking place to come to the UK to ask dumb ass questions at a press conference, he should consider him coming from a place that's higher risk to the UK could potentially escalate the spread and stay at home the dumb fuck

southernboy
10th March 2020, 08:00 PM
Barcelona v Napoli to be played behind closed doors next week. Hard to imagine the Nou Camp with no crowd for a CL game.

CCTV
10th March 2020, 08:18 PM
Hopefully we can wrap the League up quickly.

Would be a shame if it was won with no crowd to witness it.

Surely some scouser has a real sized replica pl trophy to hand to the team when we wrap the league up at Everton, Anfield or City.

The lads go down to applaud the fans, get given the replica and Hendo does his thing in front of the away end or Anfield.

Might not get the chance in our last home game otherwise

dicko1969
10th March 2020, 08:48 PM
Barcelona v Napoli to be played behind closed doors next week. Hard to imagine the Nou Camp with no crowd for a CL game.

Haven't seen numbers

But it seems thousands of fans turned up outside the ground

That went well !

I know this is serious

But the figures of infection are high

But the deaths quite low

Children not effected by this

Elderly and sick

I just dont understand

As I repeat again 50 000 excess died in mid December 1999 to January 2000 in the uk alone re influenza

teesred
10th March 2020, 09:24 PM
Haven't seen numbers

But it seems thousands of fans turned up outside the ground

That went well !

I know this is serious

But the figures of infection are high

But the deaths quite low

Children not effected by this

Elderly and sick

I just dont understand

As I repeat again 50 000 excess died in mid December 1999 to January 2000 in the uk alone re influenza

It does seem like a major overreaction to me.
Matches being cancelled will be a downer. I've got tickets for me and boys to go to the legends game on the 28th. It'll be their first time at Anfield so they will be devastated if we cant go, been so excited since xmas.
I've got tickets for Guns N Rose's and Pearl Jam in the summer too. Pearl jam already cancelled their whole US tour today.

Trump tweeted about the only decent thing hes ever said yesterday in relation to people who die from flu in comparison to this.

stevie harkness
10th March 2020, 11:14 PM
The Italian football federation say the Serie A season may not finish, matches will be postponed and they can decide the champions by play offs! dafuq

Nineteenx
10th March 2020, 11:22 PM
The Italian football federation say the Serie A season may not finish, matches will be postponed and they can decide the champions by play offs! dafuq

You can see why they might do that in Serie A because the table is so very very close

https://www.google.co.uk/search?source=hp&ei=setnXuq-IY7agQaUiYy4CA&q=serie+a+table&oq=serie+a+table&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0l10.4642841.4648580..4649128...1.0..0.103.1 194.15j1......0....1..gws-wiz.....6..0i131j0i362i308i154i357j0i131i70i253j0i 3.BxIfGf6MI8E&ved=0ahUKEwiq25eh05DoAhUObcAKHZQEA4cQ4dUDCAg&uact=5

Still a very dumb idea if you ask me, maybe they just mean a play off between Juventus and Lazio because there's less than 3 points between them? Still incredibly dumb

teesred
10th March 2020, 11:42 PM
Also talk of not declaring a champion this season like in 05 when Juve were stripped for match fixing.

Nineteenx
10th March 2020, 11:54 PM
I think the UK Gov have handled the situation better than other Govs across Europe, especially the Italian Gov whose initial measures weren't as strong or good enough. It may escalate here, but even if it does I think we're at least 2 or 3 weeks away from playing behind closed doors and miles away from any talk of postponing the rest of our league fixtures

redebreck
11th March 2020, 12:15 AM
Is it possible cold weather might in fact help to restrict the spread?
Temperatures in the UK have been really low recently.

Nineteenx
11th March 2020, 12:32 AM

I think it's maybe spreading faster in Italy and Spain because their initial preventative measures weren't good enough and because of the warmer climate

toneata
11th March 2020, 01:00 AM
Lets get this thing won as soon as bloody possible, none of this shit here please....

Gabriele Marcotti
@Marcotti

Italian FA mulling 3 options based on when/if situation allows Serie A to start again.
1. Declare title vacant, assign Euro spots based on current standings, no relegation
2. Season over, title/relegation based on table
3. Playoffs for title/relegation
(rooting for 3 myself)

Nineteenx
11th March 2020, 01:15 AM
Lets get this thing won as soon as bloody possible, none of this shit here please....

Gabriele Marcotti
@Marcotti

Italian FA mulling 3 options based on when/if situation allows Serie A to start again.
1. Declare title vacant, assign Euro spots based on current standings, no relegation
2. Season over, title/relegation based on table
3. Playoffs for title/relegation
(rooting for 3 myself)

Those Italians are crazy assholes, given the look of their table and it being so close, only 1 point between 1st and 2nd you can maybe see why they'd consider option 2 or 3 although, so far through their season, even though I'd really like Lazio to win Serie A, they should just go with option 2.

If it were halfway through a season, even if a team had a 12 or 15 point lead, I'd say just sack it off, because it's just not enough games to determine Champions, European spots or relegation spots, but over 3 quarters of the way through the season in our league as it stands option 2 is the only realistic option if it should come to that, which I don't think it will anyway

It's got to be the only time ever to be thankful for a Tory Gov, they'll always back big business come hell or high water however it affects anyone else and football is absolutely massive for the UK treasury, plus they do not give a fuck about anyone but the top 1% and never have

Because it involves international travel and teams, staff and players travelling to or from more high risk areas it is far more likely that this season's Champions League will be cancelled before it can reach its conclusion in my opinion. I think the Champions League and the European Championships will be cancelled

dicko1969
11th March 2020, 05:12 AM

I heard it is the high temperature which should stop the virus

dicko1969
11th March 2020, 05:15 AM
" - The geographical spread of nCoV has so far been restricted to countries with colder climates.
- Most of the major cities in India witnessed temperatures in the range of 10 to 35°C in February.
-However, experts warn that higher temperature alone may not help to curb the new coronavirus"

teesred
11th March 2020, 05:15 AM
Theres some reports saying it might not peak until summer. They're basically clueless and are guessing by the looks of it.

Nineteenx
11th March 2020, 05:23 AM
This Arsenal and UAE FC ruse will likely have repercussions for UAE FC and their Champions League aspirations - Arsenal played Olympiakos a week earlier when if they didn't meet the owner, they were in contact with Olympiakos staff who regularly meet with him, since then they have played the bitters, who have played the filthy and Chelsea since and the filthy have played UAE FC since playing the bitters- Ergo, UAE FC should seek medical advice and ask UEFA to postpone their second leg v Real or pull out of the competition

dicko1969
11th March 2020, 05:51 AM
Downward trends in China’s epidemic statistics suggest that its efforts have been effective. Only 19 new cases were reported Tuesday, all but two of them in Hubei province, of which Wuhan is the capital. Vast swaths of the province have been locked down since Jan. 23 as authorities tried to contain the novel coronavirus that causes the disease covid-19.

But the draconian restrictions worked only after the flu-like virus had infected more than 80,000 people and killed about 3,140

... so 2 months on figures seem to be lower now

- warmer weather hopefully will help things

dicko1969
11th March 2020, 05:52 AM
This Arsenal and UAE FC ruse will likely have repercussions for UAE FC and their Champions League aspirations - Arsenal played Olympiakos a week earlier when if they didn't meet the owner, they were in contact with Olympiakos staff who regularly meet with him, since then they have played the bitters, who have played the filthy and Chelsea since and the filthy have played UAE FC since playing the bitters- Ergo, UAE FC should seek medical advice and ask UEFA to postpone their second leg v Real or pull out of the competition

You should be on UEFA/ fa boards

Nineteenx
11th March 2020, 06:01 AM
You should be on UEFA/ fa boards

Well surely that's right? If their owner has it now it is most likely he contracted it in Greece and was surely in attendance at Olypiacos' home tie v Arsenal if not directly in contact with Arsenal players and staff, in contact with his players and staff who were then in contact with Arsenal's, so all clubs who have played Arsenal since the first leg and other clubs who have played those clubs should all seek medical advice just to be safe surely? So UAE FC should self isolate until after the international break, including forfeiting their Champions League last 16 tie as UEFA won't postpone it as they wouldn't postpone Wolves game against Olympiacos

dicko1969
11th March 2020, 06:14 AM
Olympiakos played both Arsenal and Wolves ?

Balinkay
11th March 2020, 07:53 AM
" - The geographical spread of nCoV has so far been restricted to countries with colder climates.
- Most of the major cities in India witnessed temperatures in the range of 10 to 35°C in February.
-However, experts warn that higher temperature alone may not help to curb the new coronavirus"

How many tests per million people are they administering there? If it's like three, then no wonder few cases are being reported.

redebreck
11th March 2020, 06:14 PM
Looks like all CL and EL games involving Italian sides are going to be reviewed.

Nineteenx
11th March 2020, 06:32 PM
In light of this development they need to review non essential non football personnel who are more exposed to the outside world mingling with players and staff. Most footballers live in something of a bubble quite separate from sources that could lead to them contracting Coronavirus

I'd look to stop such non football people who are more exposed to environments in which they could contract the virus from being anywhere near the players and other essential football staff for now

teesred
11th March 2020, 06:38 PM
Have any of you hombres seen that video that's doing the rounds of that Wuhan exotic market? Fuck me. Wow.

redebreck
11th March 2020, 06:43 PM
Have any of you hombres seen that video that's doing the rounds of that Wuhan exotic market? Fuck me. Wow.

Link?

TheDOC1979
11th March 2020, 06:49 PM
Link?

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=wuhan+exotic+market

take your pick mate

redebreck
11th March 2020, 06:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=wuhan+exotic+market

take your pick mate

FFS, no wonder...

TheDOC1979
11th March 2020, 07:05 PM
FFS, no wonder...

Having searched around for a bit, these so called viral videos are fake and not from Wuhan, but a market in Indonesia. Doesn't matter which market it is, that's just blood awful

teesred
11th March 2020, 07:17 PM
Having searched around for a bit, these so called viral videos are fake and not from Wuhan, but a market in Indonesia. Doesn't matter which market it is, that's just blood awful

Indeed. Its vile, theres different cultures but that just looks filthy. I got sent a vid which says its Wuhan but probably doctored to fit with current events.
The virus has supposedly come from a fish market in Wuhan and definitely passed from animal to human and the prime suspect is a bat as they carry so many virus' and bacteria.

toneata
12th March 2020, 12:50 AM
Tomorrow's Times reporting that all games being played behind closed doors is imminent.

TheDOC1979
12th March 2020, 12:54 AM
Juve players now going into quarantine as one of their players tested positive. 2 weeks off for them and whoever they’ve played been in contact with

Nineteenx
12th March 2020, 01:00 AM
Juve players now going into quarantine as one of their players tested positive. 2 weeks off for them and whoever they’ve played been in contact with

Yep, they're going to have to call of this season's Champions League and Europa league, too many European nations didn't take strong enough preventative action and the international travel and contact with too many people in those regions with the non football people who have regular close contact with the players is a real issue

justincredible
12th March 2020, 07:03 AM
Looks like PL games are to be played behind closed doors. A few journalists Tweeting this overnight.

LEGS
12th March 2020, 08:16 AM
Looking likely to be behind closed doors for a while now.

Just hope we finish the season in all the leagues and European trophies.

justincredible
12th March 2020, 08:35 AM
Looking likely to be behind closed doors for a while now.

Just hope we finish the season in all the leagues and European trophies.

Nah, shut down the European trophies. Not interested...:lol:

TorresGoalGoal
12th March 2020, 08:36 AM

Killing of any animal is wrong. It’s disgusting and wrong. We need to move on as a civilisation.

LEGS
12th March 2020, 08:50 AM
Nah, shut down the European trophies. Not interested...:lol:

If one gets shut down so will the other I dont care who wins the CL or EL I just want the title.

I hate the idea of behind closed doors but if thats what it takes im all in.

justme
12th March 2020, 09:12 AM
If they have some daft idea of a play off.I am all for it. If we start with a 19/22 goal advantage that is

justme
12th March 2020, 09:18 AM
Knowing our luck 2/3 players will come down with the disease.. Lets hope we are doing the right things am sure we are

Steveo
12th March 2020, 12:45 PM
Schools, colleges and other public facilities in the Republic of Ireland will be closed from Friday, Taoiseach Leo Varadkar has said.

In Spain - La Liga has been Suspended too

justincredible
12th March 2020, 12:53 PM
Schools, colleges and other public facilities in the Republic of Ireland will be closed from Friday, Taoiseach Leo Varadkar has said.

In Spain - La Liga has been Suspended too

Yep, we're on lock down boyos. My lady's business is closing down for 3 weeks from this evening.

southernboy
12th March 2020, 01:04 PM
Yup, Real Madrid has sent all of its football and basketball players home to self-isolate after a member of the Spanish club's basketball team tested positive for the virus.

As a result, the La Liga football competition has also suspended all matches for two weeks.

Steveo
12th March 2020, 01:17 PM
Yep, we're on lock down boyos. My lady's business is closing down for 3 weeks from this evening.

Wow so Ireland are taking proper precautions .

I have family members in Naples and they can’t find a shop open... Let’s hope we don’t get to that stage

stevie harkness
12th March 2020, 01:32 PM
Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says he will "understand" if the season is cut short because of coronavirus.

Yeah it suits some more than others.

southernboy
12th March 2020, 01:37 PM
The idea of playing games behind closed doors, it’s just unbearable; especially the Derby. It also gives city an unfair advantage because they’re so used to it.

justincredible
12th March 2020, 01:49 PM
The idea of playing games behind closed doors, it’s just unbearable; especially the Derby. It also gives city an unfair advantage because they’re so used to it.

Well UAE does stand for Useless And Empty...

teesred
12th March 2020, 01:57 PM

Lolzavirus.

Nineteenx
12th March 2020, 02:19 PM

Lol :D beat me too it, my exacts thoughts yesterday

I will reiterate that all clubs and their staff have to be more responsible, all staff that have any necessity to be at close quarters with players and our football staff need to take extra care to avoid environments in which they could be more likely to be infected. All non football staff who don't need to be in any contact with the players and football staff but are, need to be stopped from having any contact, including owners like the guy from Forest/Olympiacos

teesred
12th March 2020, 02:27 PM
I dont get why all Madrid players are being isolated. Cant they all be tested and get results in 24 hrs?
It just seems way over the top this now. It's not threatening lives of healthy people (yet?). Protect elderly and vulnerable but locking everything down? Its mental to me.

Nineteenx
12th March 2020, 02:34 PM
I dont get why all Madrid players are being isolated. Cant they all be tested and get results in 24 hrs?
It just seems way over the top this now. It's not threatening lives of healthy people (yet?). Protect elderly and vulnerable but locking everything down? Its mental to me.

So they have an excuse to postpone their second leg v UAE FC?

teesred
12th March 2020, 03:16 PM
So they have an excuse to postpone their second leg v UAE FC?

Maybe. Dont see what it gains them though. Unless they're sweating on injuries.

justme
12th March 2020, 03:29 PM
Anyone else starting to worry we will be denied the league title?i am now. I hope its not the case..

Steveo
12th March 2020, 03:47 PM
It’s been a worry for weeks sadly. I know many think there is no way it will happen BUT the reality is - nobody knows - we are in unchartered territory with this.

stevie harkness
12th March 2020, 03:50 PM
Anyone else starting to worry we will be denied the league title?i am now. I hope its not the case..

Yes, it felt like the season is over last night.
Being denied the league title by Corvid19 would be perfect, we could become the new bitters.

LEGS
12th March 2020, 03:53 PM

Yes I am that is what I was saying the other day this is not cut & dried yet, if it happens I don't know what i'd do regarding football in the future I know people's health comes first but realistically how long can they lock people away for ?

My hope is that it would cause HUGE problems in terms of promotion/relegation of teams in other leagues I am not just thinking about us but what about clubs like Crewe for example who look like they will go up to League one or Barrow who look set for a return to the football league after decades and the finances to them going up will be massive.

toneata
12th March 2020, 04:11 PM

Welcome aboard mate.

I'm not even sure we'll get our 2 PL games in now, although as of last night they're saying the FA want to go to behind closed doors games before a more extreme measure. BUT looking at the PSG crowd outside their ground last night and the thousands that'll be outside Anfield no matter what against Palace, I can see them postponing the season.

Common sense says bin the Euros and play into the summer if need be. I'm sure they're aware of the huge legal issues involving relegated and promoted clubs if they scrap it.

Once players start getting it, which they will, it's all over.........for now.

justme
12th March 2020, 04:21 PM
Just shows how spiteful the likes of the bitters are and both Manchester clubs are.wishing this to happen. Liverpools fans wouldn't want this to happen.we are respectful of clubs when they deserve something.

justme
12th March 2020, 04:27 PM
And we have that cheating tosser Atkinson for the derby.We need to get angry but fair on Monday evening..

Nineteenx
12th March 2020, 04:49 PM
Just shows how spiteful the likes of the bitters are and both Manchester clubs are.wishing this to happen. Liverpools fans wouldn't want this to happen.we are respectful of clubs when they deserve something.

Both filthy clubs should be careful what they wish for, because of the increased risk of infection from the games abroad in higher risk countries and the value of the domestic football to the UK treasury the first action re stopping anything the UK gov is most likely to take is to bar UK clubs from competing any further in the Champions League or Europa League this season

That's the logical step to take, those clubs continued participation in those competitions puts our domestic competitions at greater risk, so the very first point of action should be to stop our clubs competing any further in this season's competitions

LEGS
12th March 2020, 04:54 PM

I wouldn't expect anything any different from them to be honest as all they are bothered about is us and not seeming to care one single bit of clubs down the leagues who could go out of business because of this.

The more I read about this the more I think the season will get cancelled which for me would give teams like City a lift for next season as it wouldnt feel like they lost anything and it would be the reverse for us mentally.

teesred
12th March 2020, 05:00 PM
UEFA having meeting to discuss options. Potential delay to euros 2020, one leg semis in Europa and CL.

Nineteenx
12th March 2020, 05:01 PM
I wouldn't expect anything any different from them to be honest as all they are bothered about is us and not seeming to care one single bit of clubs down the leagues who could go out of business because of this.

The more I read about this the more I think the season will get cancelled which for me would give teams like City a lift for next season as it wouldnt feel like they lost anything and it would be the reverse for us mentally.

I think cancelling the remaining fixtures is a long way off yet, we'd go to playing behind closed doors first, just need to put all our focus on the next game and getting the win and another vital 3 points any slip up by UAE FC in their game v Burnley and it's done then and after it's done, they can do what they like

I still think the UK Gov should step in and make UK teams withdraw from European competition this season, it's too big a risk to our domestic game

justme
12th March 2020, 05:07 PM
I think cancelling the remaining fixtures is a long way off yet, we'd go to playing behind closed doors first, just need to put all our focus on the next game and getting the win and another vital 3 points any slip up by UAE FC in their game v Burnley and it's done then and after it's done, they can do what they like

I still think the UK Gov should step in and make UK teams withdraw from European competition this season, it's too big a risk to our domestic game

With the way Atkinson will referee on Monday evening, we will be lucky to win that game. hes a cheat

Nineteenx
12th March 2020, 05:16 PM
I've just emailed the Prime Minister's office urging him to take immediate action and make all UK clubs still in UEFA competition withdraw with immediate effect because of the risk their participation poses to UK public health and the UK domestic leagues ;)

LEGS
12th March 2020, 05:23 PM
I hope you are right 19 but im fearing the worst about it all.

From a personal angle I wish everyone on the board good health and this virus f**ks off asap.

justme
12th March 2020, 05:24 PM
I've just emailed the Prime Minister's office urging him to take immediate action and make all UK clubs still in UEFA competition withdraw with immediate effect because of the risk their participation poses to UK public health and the UK domestic leagues ;)

Think its got through already.. Man-city games been cancelled

toneata
12th March 2020, 05:41 PM
Was always going to happen once the Madrid players went into 14 day quarantine.

Nineteenx
12th March 2020, 05:42 PM
Think its got through already.. Man-city games been cancelled

Lol it's been cancelled because Real have put themselves in 2 weeks isolation after one of their basketball side who all their football players had been in contact with tested postive

Nineteenx
12th March 2020, 05:43 PM
With the way Atkinson will referee on Monday evening, we will be lucky to win that game. hes a cheat

As I've always said, ref's can only do that if you give the opposition opportunities to allow them to

Nineteenx
12th March 2020, 05:47 PM
After all the bitter bastards in our league crying to try anything to stop us being crowned champions, it would be absolute divine justice if Burnley turn UAE FC over on Saturday, then we beat the bitters on Monday to get another vital 3 points and clinch the title and the UK Gov then forces UAE FC and the filthy to withdraw from this season's European competitions, it would be no less than they deserve.

Jenson78
12th March 2020, 06:04 PM
Wonder what it’s like to live in the world of being famous. Every day i go to work im face to face on average with 350 people. Ive had to carry on going to work. If i dont go, i dont get paid. Im still waiting to be told not go to work. Until then, im just a number. If only i was on £100k a week and still get paid regardless.

teesred
12th March 2020, 06:31 PM
Govt have said self isolate if you have fever or cough. No mention of cancelling events etc.

Nineteenx
12th March 2020, 06:36 PM
Govt have said self isolate if you have fever or cough. No mention of cancelling events etc.

I still think it's vital they make UK teams withdraw from European competition this season, it is THE most likely place any player or staff member from a UK team is going to contract Coronavirus, it is way way higher risk than them staying in the UK and playing League or Cup games and that far higher risk then being allowed to continue then puts all other clubs who aren't taking that higher risk at a far higher risk

It's just dumb to let it continue, they need to make them pull out of the Champions League and Europa League for the nations health and the health of all other players and staff members in our league

toneata
12th March 2020, 06:40 PM
They're saying we're about 4 weeks behind Italy and that the peak is 10-12 weeks away!

Nineteenx
12th March 2020, 06:55 PM
They're saying we're about 4 weeks behind Italy and that the peak is 10-12 weeks away!

We're a lot more than 4 weeks behind Italy, it spread a lot quicker there because their initial measures were simply not good enough

teesred
12th March 2020, 07:05 PM
Just read on the BBC that the opinion of UK govt is that banning mass events,closing schools etc is only going to quell it for a short time then cases will rise again.
Basically a keep calm and carry on standpoint. I'm glad. We need to protect elderly and vulnerable from this mostly. Their view on schools is that children seem to be less affected and there needs to be much more evidence for closing them and right now there isnt any.

justme
12th March 2020, 08:17 PM
If they cancel the euros. we may as well just play the league until the fixtures are finished. even if that's in July. I don't care how long it takes as long as we get the games in

southernboy
12th March 2020, 08:29 PM

Email? I’d like to think you’ve got his mobile number!

Wonder what it’s like to live in the world of being famous. Every day i go to work im face to face on average with 350 people. Ive had to carry on going to work. If i dont go, i dont get paid. Im still waiting to be told not go to work. Until then, im just a number. If only i was on £100k a week and still get paid regardless.

I work for the NHS. trust me, it’s no picnic and it’s going to get worse before it gets better.

teesred
12th March 2020, 09:05 PM
Email? I’d like to think you’ve got his mobile number!

I work for the NHS. trust me, it’s no picnic and it’s going to get worse before it gets better.

I suggested Justme should be in on the COBRA meetings. I might email Boris' to recomend him, I might have to call in a few favours but I reckon I can get him in.

justincredible
12th March 2020, 10:42 PM
It's quite possible that here in Ireland we're going into full lock down (everyone stay indoors) in the next couple of days. Dayum.....

RedNoodle
12th March 2020, 10:49 PM
In the style of an annoying meme I see every day on YouTube:-

Everyone: Oh no we'll have to go into lock down for a few days/weeks/months!

Me after being in virtual lock down for eleven years: Amateurs.

teesred
12th March 2020, 11:02 PM
Prem games definitely going ahead this weekend.

LEGS
12th March 2020, 11:39 PM
You sure Tees as Arteta has got it now.

I am thinking its not going to be our year after all.

eggy81
12th March 2020, 11:41 PM
We wont be winning this league if what's floating around the net is remotely true this thing is gonna explode in the coming days.

teesred
12th March 2020, 11:43 PM
You sure Tees as Arteta has got it now.

I am thinking its not going to be our year after all.

Says on sky sports they're going ahead.

teesred
12th March 2020, 11:45 PM
Arteta thing is on sky sports now. Says they're going to decide in fixtures. This is fucking pissing me off now.

LEGS
12th March 2020, 11:55 PM
Arteta thing is on sky sports now. Says they're going to decide in fixtures. This is fucking pissing me off now.

Arsenal defo wont play and i can see games being stopped.

The smartest thing to do is cancel till 4th April and then try to play games after 3 week lock down.

The virus wont go away in 3 weeks obviously but people will still have to carry on with the daily grind of working.

teesred
12th March 2020, 11:57 PM
Says Euros likely to be suspended till next year and CL and europa suspended.
I wasnt worried about this before but this is starting to look very real now.
Jesus christ as if this is happening now when we are 6 pts off winning the fucking thing.

RedNoodle
13th March 2020, 12:02 AM

Things will be changing hour by hour in some cases so I'd take a deep breath if I was you, though not near anyone who looks peaky or is coughing. ;)

CCTV
13th March 2020, 12:03 AM
It's quite possible that here in Ireland we're going into full lock down (everyone stay indoors) in the next couple of days. Dayum.....

That could cause more deaths !!

Have people stocked up for a 5 day Good Friday!!

teesred
13th March 2020, 12:06 AM
I'll be amazed if this weekends fixtures go ahead now.

RedNoodle
13th March 2020, 12:07 AM
That could cause more deaths !!

Have people stocked up for a 5 day Good Friday!!

Stocked up? What are we talking about here? Booze and snacks, or toilet paper? The latter is sold out where I live.

toneata
13th March 2020, 12:12 AM
Emergency PL meeting tomorrow, imagine that will be fun. Half of them wanting the season scrapped, the other half wanting it completed.

fiordearg
13th March 2020, 12:22 AM
The straight forward solution put players and staff in self isolation for two weeks. Play the rest of the season behind closed doors

teesred
13th March 2020, 12:28 AM
We're the only major country who aren't stopping major events,museums, galleries etc and it's on the advise that it may actually make things worse. It's due to our numbers not being that high but they're obviously going to increase as this goes on.

toneata
13th March 2020, 12:34 AM
Yep, you can't impose those type of measures if we're still 2-3 months from peak, no chance any non communist country could keep a lockdown going that long.

eggy81
13th March 2020, 12:41 AM
Wait till the Cheltenham spread hits next week.

redebreck
13th March 2020, 12:48 AM
I've seen rumours here and there that the virus is man-made.
Has anyone else seen anything along these lines?

CCTV
13th March 2020, 12:50 AM
Stocked up? What are we talking about here? Booze and snacks, or toilet paper? The latter is sold out where I live.

Over here the pubs used to close for Good Friday and Christmas day. They open now for good Friday in the very recent past.

On good Friday, stuck at home with no pubs, irish folk bought fook loads of booze and drank more on that day than any other day.
A few days of a booze and drugs bender without having to look reasonably sound of mind for the pub, could cause it's own pandemic and death toll.

toneata
13th March 2020, 12:50 AM

Batman?

Nah, one day when it is man made it'll be a lot higher than 1% mortality.

trueandred
13th March 2020, 01:05 AM
Over here in Ireland everything is suspended, I work in a supermarket and it’s crazy and we’re the ones who’s going to get the virus as they want to keep them open. I fear that the premiere could be put on ice for a month or so but if it’s stoped now, then we should be crowned champions, I’ve been waiting 30 years and no virus is going to stop us.

Insidious
13th March 2020, 01:07 AM

A lass I know who has appropriate "links" to relevant fields was chatting to me about hybridised viral infections recently and allegedly this one can be traced back to, of all things, the Pangolin.

teesred
13th March 2020, 01:10 AM
Just been reading about Dr Li Wenliang. Hes the Dr who warned if this in December. He was forced to sign a declaration saying he was spreading rumours. He later contracted the virus and "died" from it. A young,healthy person leaving a pregnant wife and 5 year old son.

Just shows what a sinister nation China are,this should be the chance the people of that nation take to displace communism. I'm surprised Trump hasn't come out and hammered them for this, I expect he will at some point. He'll probably suggest the rest of the world Annexes them.

teesred
13th March 2020, 01:12 AM
Sid, I read about the pangolin link. Its definitely come from a market trading in Illegal wildlife but likely that whichever animal has transmitted it has got it from a bat bite.

teesred
13th March 2020, 01:14 AM
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1254597/Premier-League-club-chiefs-season-VOIDED-Mikel-Arteta

toneata
13th March 2020, 01:27 AM
Ooh, I wonder which ones want it scrapped???

They haven't even voided the season in Italy yet and they seem to be taking the most extreme measures. No chance it's happening here, not yet at least.

I wouldn't be surprised if some games go ahead this weekend. If they have a 2 week pause every time a club reports some of their staff have the virus, we'll be looking at a never ending season.

Nineteenx
13th March 2020, 01:31 AM
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1254597/Premier-League-club-chiefs-season-VOIDED-Mikel-Arteta

It says in that rag that only a minority of club chiefs want that, the people/teams alleged to be infected are ones who have been in contact with sides in or from higher risk areas through Europa and Champions League action, so the Premier League's logical step should be to ask all those clubs to withdraw from those competitions for the protection of the majority of clubs who aren't involved in them and there seems little reason or justification to suspend all games when the alleged cases seem to be restricted to 1 or 2 Champions League and/or Europa League sides and UK Gov medical advice is making no such recommendations

redebreck
13th March 2020, 01:31 AM

"only a minority of teams" asking for the season to be made void.

Nineteenx
13th March 2020, 02:00 AM
Ok

1.There is no evidence to support that any club's player or staff member has contracted Coronavirus through participation in the Premier League

2. There is clear evidence that Arsenal staff and players have contracted Coronavirus through participation in European competition.

3.'If' City have players who have self isolated there is clear evidence with the same having happened at Real Madrid that any such players have also contracted Coronavirus through participation in European competition

4. UK Gov advice says there is no reason or need to cancel events or mass gatherings or to close schools etc

5.The clear action needed to be taken by The Premier League to protect all its clubs and the competition is to ask any of the competitions teams playing in European competition to cease their involvement with immediate effect. As their continued involvement in these competition presents a potential safety risk to their players and staff and other Premier League clubs players and staff, whereas playing in the Premier League without any involvement in European competition does not

3underpar
13th March 2020, 02:13 AM
Season will be suspended anytime. It’s not a matter of if but when. It’s happening everywhere and the pace is quickening.

SydneyLFC
13th March 2020, 02:22 AM
Season will be suspended anytime. It’s not a matter of if but when. It’s happening everywhere and the pace is quickening.

I agree...they will suspend for 4 weeks after trying playing games without spectators. They can't avoid the legal costs of voiding the PL - not just LFC but all the teams in the lower leagues looking for promotion.

Nineteenx
13th March 2020, 02:44 AM
We all know who the teams asking for a postponement of the league are

It is however entirely perverse, the only confirmed case in the premier League and the only cases of players 'allegedly' needing to self isolate have all stemmed from players and staff at those clubs involvement in the Europa League or Champions League, yet they are happy for those competitions to continue and to continue to put their players and staff at risk by continuing their participation in them because they are 'doing well' in those competitions

There are NO confirmed cases of players or staff from any Premier League club having contracted coronavirus or needing to self isolate as a result of participating in Premier League football - there are confirmed cases of this for teams involved in European competition - yet this minority of clubs want to stop the Premier League and continue in European competition - ridiculous and entirely disingenuous

3underpar
13th March 2020, 02:49 AM
I agree...they will suspend for 4 weeks after trying playing games without spectators. They can't avoid the legal costs of voiding the PL - not just LFC but all the teams in the lower leagues looking for promotion.

Yep, the lower leagues will have teams in the verge of bankruptcy in weeks without spectators. They don’t get the tv money like the big boys. Read that PL teams only get about a seventh of their revenue from match day spectators. Championship clubs it’s a third, and League One and Two are two thirds of their entire revenue.

I don’t know how they fit it all in with weeks/months of cancelled fixtures. Title is won but relegation and European spots are in play and clubs would rightfully sue if they just stopped the season early and they miss promotion or relegation or CL by a point. Complete mess.

3underpar
13th March 2020, 03:00 AM
Nineteen I agree with what you’re saying, but you’re missing the bigger picture. There is intensifying pressure behind the scenes politically in practically all countries to shut large crowd events down. In my state of 13 million people there are three confirmed cases. Today the governor shit down all schools for three weeks, college basketball March Madness (huge thing in the States) cancelled, all college sports cancelled, baseball season postponed, hockey postponed, etc., everything getting shut down. The money being lost right now is staggering. The fact that lots of people aren’t positive yet in the UK just means yet, not that it isn’t on the way or being discovered yet.

Nineteenx
13th March 2020, 03:10 AM
Nineteen I agree with what you’re saying, but you’re missing the bigger picture. There is intensifying pressure behind the scenes politically in practically all countries to shut large crowd events down. In my state of 13 million people there are three confirmed cases. Today the governor shit down all schools for three weeks, college basketball March Madness (huge thing in the States) cancelled, all college sports cancelled, baseball season postponed, hockey postponed, etc., everything getting shut down. The money being lost right now is staggering. The fact that lots of people aren’t positive yet in the UK just means yet, not that it isn’t on the way or being discovered yet.

My issue is why is there a sudden emergency meeting to potentially suspend Premier League games because Arteta has tested positive for Coronavirus when it is well documented that he contracted it through contact with staff and players in the Europa League and why are we not talking instead about the risk Premier League teams continued participation in European competition poses to spreading the virus and stopping Premier League clubs further participation in European competition. It's just stupid

3underpar
13th March 2020, 03:39 AM
My issue is why is there a sudden emergency meeting to potentially suspend Premier League games because Arteta has tested positive for Coronavirus when it is well documented that he contracted it through contact with staff and players in the Europa League and why are we not talking instead about the risk Premier League teams continued participation in European competition poses to spreading the virus and stopping Premier League clubs further participation in European competition. It's just stupid
Yeah it’s crazy. At the start of the week there were rumors of everything shutting down over here and I said no way, complete over reaction. Three days later it’s happening and much further than I thought it would be with tons of confirmed cases which we don’t have. I think the League was waiting for a player or two or a head coach to get sick and they would call for a halt. Insurers have been calling all these clubs I’m sure and making them aware of liability issues too. It’s happening very fast.