PDA

View Full Version : Summer transfer thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Insidious
29th June 2020, 02:43 PM
Actually think Arthur will go on to be top notch player. Barca are in the early stages of massive decline imo.

Agreed and agreed!

Barcelona squad ages and their mounting debt are a crazy recipe.

I don't understand bringing Pjanic in when so many players are 31-and-up. They need to be looking at the 22-26 age bracket.

You can only presume they're banking on winning as much as possible while Messi is still there in the hope that will generate sponsorship opportunities and sales of older players to Chinese clubs. I don't understand how they choose to operate at all.

teesred
29th June 2020, 06:59 PM
Sky have pooed pooed our interest in Koulibaly. Says we are not in the market for him due to our strict transfer policy not allowing us to go over 60m for a 29 year old. Does say we could be after a CB if Lovren leaves.
FSG out!

toneata
29th June 2020, 07:05 PM
If we couldn't afford £48m for a 24 year old forward, then you'd presume we aren't spending more on a 29 year old defender.

...anyway, isn't he also a left sided centre back?

Balinkay
29th June 2020, 08:00 PM
[QUOTE=reddownunder;2634923]I have a feeling Barça will fall off a cliff once Messi's powers diminish[/QUOTE

Yup, me too. With him, Busquets and Pique gone there'll be noone left from that generation. They'll be fooked I hope.

southernboy
30th June 2020, 12:12 AM
Interesting interview with Klopp regarding transfers, or the lack of. He sounds like he’s very happy with what he’s got, and is likely to look towards the younger players to strengthen the squad. I personally think it’s a mistake not to strengthen from a position of power. With Milner in his 50s now, we really do need some cover for left back.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jurgen-klopp-liverpool-transfer-news-18509374

teesred
30th June 2020, 01:32 AM
If we couldn't afford £48m for a 24 year old forward, then you'd presume we aren't spending more on a 29 year old defender.

...anyway, isn't he also a left sided centre back?

Agree. I just liked the idea of him signing as unlikely as it is. Not sure what side he plays on.

dicko1969
30th June 2020, 06:52 AM
Really Cantwell ?
He runs a lot , but so does Mo Farah.

I don't know the football analysis on Cantwell but watching him he is a soft touch and gives the ball away cheaply.

Reminds me of a poor man's Ray Houghton.

Let's see how it goes from him.

I do not see where we can improve the 1st XI without stating the obvious £100m players which won't happen in the next few years.

Clearly Kloppo doesnt trust the young guns to play at LB.

But Williams , Elliot , Jones are likely to feature.

Insidious
30th June 2020, 08:43 AM
Much as I'd love us to have the capacity to do so, even ignoring the impact Covid-19 has had on finances, we have conceded 21 goals in the League.

That's unlikely to end up being more than 25-26 over the 38-game period you would think, unless City have a blinder against us.

I don't think we're suddenly going to be able to bring that number below, say, 20 goals conceded for the season, perhaps even with Koulibaly. Would be interesting to Google for a bit on which teams have had the most water-tight records in our League and in others. We're certainly closer rather than further.

I still think pulling away in more matches is probably a bigger priority really. 14 of those wins done by a single-goal margin remember.

Even the Atletico tie I look at and think "yes, it's easy to blame Adrian" but had we scored a goal in the first leg we could have done things differently, or indeed had we got our second goal before the end of normal time in the second leg, we would be through. Difficult against arguably the best defensive side in World football, but we are meant to be one of the best attacking sides ourselves - we should have been able to find a way.

Hopefully there is a bargain or two to be had out there, or money to be gathered from a Lovren sale (I'm sure Fabinho could plug a gap if we got stuck) or a Shaqiri sale, or indeed the 30% of any Luis Alberto sale.

Had Covid-19 not happened we would be in an even stronger position, but I will certainly take being League winners with a squad that can challenge for the League and Champion's League next season.

Taksin
30th June 2020, 09:55 AM
It’s not just about goals conceded numbers though, Sid. When we look unstable at the back, the attack loses its shape and it’s belief. I think he may have looked at the team and thought there are two weaknesses (ignoring squad depth issues)
1) we could be more solid at the back and Van Dijk can’t be expected to save us from all attacks.
2) a midfielder with Rolls Royce control and distribution would improve our efficacy. Thiago at Bayern might be such a player but I’m not sure.

justme
30th June 2020, 10:08 AM
You would only get 3/4 good years out of Koulibaly .if he gets a long term injury that's time taken out of his contract + theres no sell on price. I don't see the sense is coughing up 60+ million for a 29 year old.

Red October
30th June 2020, 10:59 AM
Much as I'd love us to have the capacity to do so, even ignoring the impact Covid-19 has had on finances, we have conceded 21 goals in the League.

That's unlikely to end up being more than 25-26 over the 38-game period you would think, unless City have a blinder against us.

I don't think we're suddenly going to be able to bring that number below, say, 20 goals conceded for the season, perhaps even with Koulibaly. Would be interesting to Google for a bit on which teams have had the most water-tight records in our League and in others. We're certainly closer rather than further.

I still think pulling away in more matches is probably a bigger priority really. 14 of those wins done by a single-goal margin remember.

Even the Atletico tie I look at and think "yes, it's easy to blame Adrian" but had we scored a goal in the first leg we could have done things differently, or indeed had we got our second goal before the end of normal time in the second leg, we would be through. Difficult against arguably the best defensive side in World football, but we are meant to be one of the best attacking sides ourselves - we should have been able to find a way.

Hopefully there is a bargain or two to be had out there, or money to be gathered from a Lovren sale (I'm sure Fabinho could plug a gap if we got stuck) or a Shaqiri sale, or indeed the 30% of any Luis Alberto sale.

Had Covid-19 not happened we would be in an even stronger position, but I will certainly take being League winners with a squad that can challenge for the League and Champion's League next season.

Definitely get rid of Loverman. Would love to see the stats over the past couple of seasons of how we've performed with him vs without him. Feels like whenever he plays we go down a notch. Agree with attack though. We should strengthen now as we don't know if Mo, Bob or Sadio will pick up an injury or maybe 2 out of 3 as they've played a lot of football past few years , particularly Sadio.

sydenham red
30th June 2020, 11:12 AM
Biscuits matip out again ffs, him and lovren must miss a seasons worth of games between them every season. I'd bin them both and buy someone two footed who is consistently available for selection and could partner virgil or joe without any drama. Maybe the dutch kid will get a few games beside virgil to help him develop too

reddownunder
30th June 2020, 11:55 AM
Biscuits matip out again ffs, him and lovren must miss a seasons worth of games between them every season. I'd bin them both and buy someone two footed who is consistently available for selection and could partner virgil or joe without any drama. Maybe the dutch kid will get a few games beside virgil to help him develop too

Are you referring to Van Den Berg or Hoever? I haven't seen a lot of either but Hoever seems to have more about him

Aldo1988
30th June 2020, 12:17 PM
Are you referring to Van Den Berg or Hoever? I haven't seen a lot of either but Hoever seems to have more about him

Been more impressed with Hoever, that kid looks like he can fit in all across the back line next season.

Kev0909
30th June 2020, 02:36 PM
Wow ozil has been at arsenal for 7 years didn't think it was that long...

What a waste... currently picking uo 350k a week for not playing, ahhaa

that club is so fucked up on the pitch and off the pitch.... letting players leave for free, yet you have people like Ozil

toneata
30th June 2020, 02:45 PM
It's finally been confirmed that the AFCON has been put back to 2022.................thank fook.

toneata
30th June 2020, 02:48 PM
Wow ozil has been at arsenal for 7 years didn't think it was that long...

What a waste... currently picking uo 350k a week for not playing, ahhaa

that club is so fucked up on the pitch and off the pitch.... letting players leave for free, yet you have people like Ozil

Utd get loads of stick for paying ridiculous wages and rightly so but you hardly ever hear about Ozil's massive wages for the whole of his time at Arsenal. It's not even like they can in anyway justify it, he's been a massive disappointment.

justme
30th June 2020, 03:49 PM
Ozil just doesn't work hard enough.. It as an impact on the rest of the teams mindset.. If you have a player that doesn't bother much and earns that amount of money. Am guessing it takes a lot of mental strength for the other players to get motivated as well. Ozil gets payed 3 million every 2 months.its bizarre

justme
30th June 2020, 03:54 PM
Some good news.. Breaking news the African nations as been put back a year.

southernboy
30th June 2020, 08:56 PM
Some good news.. Breaking news the African nations as been put back a year.

See #516 ;)

miller0863
30th June 2020, 09:02 PM
Could do with replacing both Matip and Lovren to be fair, the former coz he’s always injured and the latter coz he’s Lovren.

miller0863
30th June 2020, 09:11 PM
Liverpool are the first Premier League champions to spend less than £10million on transfers in the season they won the league for nine years, having shelled out just £8.6million during their title-winning campaign.

The Reds wrapped up the 2019/20 title - their 19th league success overall but a first in the Premier League era - when Chelsea beat their closest challengers Manchester City at Stamford Bridge last Thursday.

That led to wild celebrations among the squad, who were gathered together to watch the game back on Merseyside.

Among their number was the Japanese attacking midfielder Takumi Minamino, who the Reds spent £7.25million on in January, and the young defender Sepp van den Berg, who was signed from Dutch side PEC Zwolle for £1.35million last summer.

teesred
30th June 2020, 09:19 PM
Could do with replacing both Matip and Lovren to be fair, the former coz he’s always injured and the latter coz he’s Lovren.

Yep. Cant rely on either. We need another very, very good CB. Gomez is good but I wouldn't be confident in him marshalling a back 4 on his own. Need another leader in there.

justme
30th June 2020, 09:37 PM
See #516 ;)

Oh I need to go to speck savers :)

shminkyred
1st July 2020, 10:41 AM
Two great seasons in a row....champions of europe.......Champions of the world.....no notable transfers last year or this....I still cant get my head round why we pulled out of Werner? IF he really was the player we wanted that price tag won't come round too often......with our recent success how comes chelsea were able to screw us again?.....

Insidious
1st July 2020, 11:01 AM
Two great seasons in a row....champions of europe.......Champions of the world.....no notable transfers last year or this....I still cant get my head round why we pulled out of Werner? IF he really was the player we wanted that price tag won't come round too often......with our recent success how comes chelsea were able to screw us again?.....

1. Covid-19.

2. Chelsea have more cash than us due to the Hazard/Morata money and a transfer ban and high-earners like Willian leaving, combined with having to "roll the dice" because their position as a Top Four team is under question (thus risks are a calculated gamble) and they're an Oil club that haven't always obeyed FFP and might fiddle the books to accommodate us, versus our model of being sustainable.

We have improved on the pitch (and are on course for a record points haul) without spending much of late - it makes sense to keep the powder dry (and affords youth an opportunity to break through) until the financial picture is more clear. The acquisition of Werner is unlikely to massively increase our points total and thus not spending that £50m now may help us later when a better use of the money could possibly occur.

I want Werner too, don't get me wrong - and I totally am on board (in "normal" circumstances) of adding when in a position of strength. I do believe we will add to our squad, just might not be this window. But it will come.

We're shrewd operators. Remember that Salah wasn't Klopp's first-choice and that it worked out alright - I can foresee a similar situation unfolding with Werner.

Besides, Chelsea having a striker as good as Werner means they might take more points off City/Spurs/United next season. Upside to everything.

toneata
1st July 2020, 01:20 PM

Some clubs will gamble on sticking and some will twist..........FSG don't gamble.

I don't even see the Werner transfer as that much of a gamble like some and can only think we're not getting the full picture of what really happened. Covid or no Covid, if Klopp really wanted him I can't see FSG looking him in the eye and saying no.

AFCON getting pushed to 2022 certainly helps but we're still talking about quality cover for the front 3 for the 3rd year in a row.......it will bite us in the arse sooner or later.

justme
1st July 2020, 04:58 PM
We will need another centre back for sure. Matip is out until at least August..Hes not 100% reliable with his fitness record.

Balinkay
1st July 2020, 05:44 PM

Why Matip? He's probably not on too much money and is a decent defender. At times he's looked as good as van Dijk. Good age, experienced, doesn't play for his national team iirc. Think he's an ideal play with whom to rotate VVD and Franco Joeresi.

Balinkay
1st July 2020, 05:55 PM
Any chance we could go in with a low bid for Hazard? Don't think he's having the best of times at Real. :D

teesred
1st July 2020, 06:12 PM
Why Matip? He's probably not on too much money and is a decent defender. At times he's looked as good as van Dijk. Good age, experienced, doesn't play for his national team iirc. Think he's an ideal play with whom to rotate VVD and Franco Joeresi.

He spends too much time out injured.

Balinkay
1st July 2020, 06:26 PM
He does, but he's not going to be a starter. Think he's a great option to have on the bench.

dicko1969
1st July 2020, 08:26 PM

16 conceded in 1979 / 42 games

eggy81
1st July 2020, 10:26 PM
Saint maxim looks capable of warming our bench. I think he's a better player than traore

miller0863
2nd July 2020, 12:12 AM
Decent shout eggy mate. Difficult to tell in a poor team but he certainly stands out, would be cheaper with lower wage demands and less demanding of a starting berth.

Insidious
2nd July 2020, 12:30 AM
16 conceded in 1979 / 42 games

Oooooft, that is Bananas!

3underpar
2nd July 2020, 01:55 AM
Saint maxim looks capable of warming our bench. I think he's a better player than traore

Newcastle will get a big pay day from him.

fayyazms
2nd July 2020, 08:15 AM
any chance we get Willian ?

on a free i think

PL experience ... can add to squad depth

has Brazilian buddies at Liverpool

and scored against city to kill the game

makes sense to me unless his wage demands are high

vin
2nd July 2020, 08:57 AM
Newcastle will get a big pay day from him.

Is he better than Origi?

vin
2nd July 2020, 09:05 AM
any chance we get Willian ?

on a free i think

PL experience ... can add to squad depth

has Brazilian buddies at Liverpool

and scored against city to kill the game

makes sense to me unless his wage demands are high

Pre-lockdown there was a lot of rumours linking us to Willian. Think he'd be a strong squad player for us.

justincredible
2nd July 2020, 09:07 AM
Pre-lockdown there was a lot of rumours linking us to Willian. Think he'd be a strong squad player for us.

He'd be a seriously nice option to have on the bench and for starting some games too.

Steveo
2nd July 2020, 09:09 AM
I gave up on us bringing Willian in a while back but I guess you never know. When he is up for it he is a force of nature, an absolutely superb footballer.

teesred
2nd July 2020, 10:35 AM
Willian would be a great signing. I'd just say its unlikely due to playing time and there were rumours that he wanted to link up with Mourinho again. Certainly not impossible though so maybe.

Insidious
2nd July 2020, 10:52 AM
What sort of wages would Willian want?

faridtoxteth
2nd July 2020, 02:06 PM
We were linked with him before he went to Chelsea, they gazumped us if i remember rightly. I think we were very close to getting the deal done. It was that time when we seemed to miss out on loads of players who we were close to signing..Mikhitarian, Erikson, Sanchez. He was the one i would most liked to have seen in the red shirt. think his skill set and energy levels would have suited us very well. But now he is , what? , 31?. Can't see us being in for him.

teesred
2nd July 2020, 02:07 PM
He had agreed term with Spurs I seem to remember before Chelsea signed him.

Insidious
2nd July 2020, 09:33 PM
Hakimi will likely be a good signing for City. Surprised nobody was interested in him.

dicko1969
2nd July 2020, 10:14 PM
Waiting for the avalanche of posts...

We need this iron that.

This group of players won

The European cup, world club, and premier league.

And no we dont need 5 CBs we already have 7 ;)

miller0863
2nd July 2020, 10:17 PM
We do need one CB though dicko, Lovren will be gone and Matip misses too many games.

fiordearg
2nd July 2020, 10:17 PM
We need three players to bring in serious competition for places.

Insidious
2nd July 2020, 10:22 PM
We need three players to bring in serious competition for places.

Would be very surprised if players come in this window. The financial situation with Covid-19 has been discussed thoroughly.

We might purchase in the January 2021 window if the financial climate settles.

dicko1969
2nd July 2020, 10:23 PM
We will always be in the market for.

But let's get the right quality than quantity.

We all know this team is at a peak.
28yo to 30yo probably 60% of the team.

Firmino Mane Salah Henderson VVD Gini .

But let's not pull it apart too quickly.

Let's face it if we bring someone in they will need to be as good to displace them.

And there arent too many who can do that.

Klopp has since day 1 had a plan.

Now we have the luxury of planning with calm.
First XI
Bench
U23
Youth u18

All strong.

The new training facilities.
Good results

We are the healthiest I have seen in 32 years since 1988.

CCTV
2nd July 2020, 10:33 PM
Would be very surprised if players come in this window. The financial situation with Covid-19 has been discussed thoroughly.

We might purchase in the January 2021 window if the financial climate settles.

Replied to CD in the matchthread... wondering how much its been discussed and detail.

Add up the clubs profits from the klopp era seasons to date.
That is money in the bank.

The players have taken an agreed pay cut of sorts, ive no specific details on that but they are the big cost in terms of wages. Carra said they did.

If the no fans theme continues much longer the game will die imo, its not the same game without them.
Given the death rate and the general nature of those whove passed away it might mean over 65s or those with preexisting conditions give up their season tickets and give them to their kids/grankids. It might bring about an end to away/travelling fans.
But imo gate receipts will return in the near future.

I personally along with 19x at least agreed with the club applying for the furlough payment. The corporate tax etc theyve generated meant they were entitled to take a little from the great amount of economic activity and plethora of taxes they generated.
Both it and the lack of matchday revenue will have come at a cost. But money in the bank is greater.

I think they applied for it as they qualified via their contributions. Personally i thought it was weak willed bowing to social pressure.

Tv revenue will not have been missed only delayed as the season has resumed and next season is set to commence.
Ballsing up the cl this year will have cost us, but we dont have to make the final or win it every year to be able to spend.

I expect fans will be back next season and if not, we have our nike deal, whic off expert expectations would add 40-50 mill a season extra.
That extra money comes close to our total gate receipts from the 17/18 season of £81mill and 18/19 £84mill.

So if the no fans theme continues... our net loss of revenue could be at most about £40-45 mill a season thanks to the nike deal.

Aldo1988
2nd July 2020, 11:07 PM
The last player who we brought in to start was Ali.

Kev0909
2nd July 2020, 11:09 PM
I disagree about our bench being strong, maybe in midfield options, other areas is worse than other clubs. imo

Can you see anyone on that bench that can change a game?, I honestly can't.

Aldo1988
2nd July 2020, 11:25 PM
I disagree about our bench being strong, maybe in midfield options, other areas is worse than other clubs. imo

Can you see anyone on that bench that can change a game?, I honestly can't.

It changed games a few times last season and this season.

dicko1969
3rd July 2020, 12:48 AM
The level is so high in the starting xi

Tbh today's XI was so obvious.

When you are the players on the periphery it is hard to believe you will win a place and nudge out the "first team"

When it is going right then all is good.

When losing ( v City v watford) you look at the bench to change the game.

I expect everyone would like a bench with ;

Mbappe
Werner
Sane
Mahrez
Fernandes

That bench will cost you £500m to change in effect 2 games this league season.

CCTV
3rd July 2020, 12:56 AM
The level is so high in the starting xi

Tbh today's XI was so obvious.

When you are the players on the periphery it is hard to believe you will win a place and nudge out the "first team"

When it is going right then all is good.

When losing ( v City v watford) you look at the bench to change the game.

I expect everyone would like a bench with ;

Mbappe
Werner
Sane
Mahrez
Fernandes

That bench will cost you £500m to change in effect 2 games this league season.

There are a few good younger players coming through.

A few more first team quality options and we can compete more seriously in all comps and rest players/cover injuries.

Werner, Sane and Bruno just joined new clubs.
Guess we'll go for Mbappe.

Kev0909
3rd July 2020, 01:01 AM
They don't have to be top players though, like city have on bench, look at wolves they can bring on some very good attackers that changes things, especially 70th min onwards.. there's a few other examples, even UTD, Chelsea...and more

We bring on Adam Lallana..

And yes origi has been a hero for us, but I think deep down we all know, he's not the answer, there's a reason he did so bad on loan to the point he didn't start, he's not that good, there I said it, and we'd struggle with a long term firmino injury.

dicko1969
3rd July 2020, 01:11 AM
They don't have to be top players though, like city have on bench, look at wolves they can bring on some very good attackers that changes things, especially 70th min onwards.. there's a few other examples, even UTD, Chelsea...and more

And yes origi has been a hero for us, but I think deep down we all know, he's not the answer, there's a reason he did so bad on loan to the point he didn't start, he's not that good, there I said it, and we'd struggle with a long term firmino injury.

Neto and Traoré
Good talent

reddownunder
3rd July 2020, 09:14 AM

I would rate Shaqiri as one of those bench players who can come on and change a game. That's if he was ever available...

reddownunder
3rd July 2020, 09:36 AM
A few stories about a move for Thiago Alcantara being close. I don't think a midfielder is a high priority compared to depth up front and lb/cb

LFC-DPG
3rd July 2020, 10:48 AM
A few stories about a move for Thiago Alcantara being close. I don't think a midfielder is a high priority compared to depth up front and lb/cb

Would prefer Willain

reddownunder
3rd July 2020, 10:53 AM
Would prefer Willain

Me too. He's 32 but still quality and much better than any attacking option we currently have on the bench

Insidious
3rd July 2020, 11:04 AM

This lends further possibility to Fabinho being used at centre-back more often.

Kev0909
3rd July 2020, 12:07 PM
This lends further possibility to Fabinho being used at centre-back more often.

Would make sense, due to his passing range like VVD and he's good there.

Although it would sadden me a bit, who else can score long range goals like him in are team?

teesred
3rd July 2020, 12:10 PM
Would prefer Willain

I'd be made up with either. Cracking signings if either were to happen.

Kev0909
3rd July 2020, 01:15 PM
Has wiji had a new contract?

Insidious
3rd July 2020, 02:06 PM
Has wiji had a new contract?

Hasn't been renewed/upgraded as of yet.

Kev0909
3rd July 2020, 02:57 PM
Hasn't been renewed/upgraded as of yet.

Interesting..

toneata
3rd July 2020, 03:44 PM
If he was holding out for a better deal, he couldn't have timed it much worse.

justme
3rd July 2020, 04:01 PM
I think he wants to be assured he will get to play most games.. hes 30 and doesn't want sign a contract and be a bench player. that's my take on it any way.

toneata
3rd July 2020, 04:15 PM
Doubt he'll get any guarantees like that. He upped his levels once Naby signed, it's up to him to maintain them.

I'd imagine this is the hardest age group to renegotiate a new deal as they know this is their last 'big' money contract, but the club also know they've peaked and don't want to give them a bumper 4 year deal.

Same with Willian, if Chelsea can't get him to sign a new deal I cant see us offering more.

justme
3rd July 2020, 04:56 PM
Any truth in Thiago Alcantara rumour or is it the Spanish media being their usual shits and making up crap?

teesred
3rd July 2020, 05:52 PM
Any truth in Thiago Alcantara rumour or is it the Spanish media being their usual shits and making up crap?

Only seems to be one source from Germany reporting it. Every other report is just off the back of that one.

southernboy
3rd July 2020, 06:33 PM
Klopp on youngsters: "These questions won't be asked to Frank Lampard or Ole. We want to win football games and the best players need to be on the pitch and they are part of that. They are the future but we won't play them now. PL games are not Christmas presents."

justme
3rd July 2020, 07:05 PM
I think we should give some fringe players a go in the games like Burnley.. It wont really alter the bottom of the league. Burnley are safe.

Insidious
3rd July 2020, 07:06 PM

Have Pearce or Reddy rubbished it yet? Usually a good indicator.

Suspect it's Alcantara's agent fishing for an improved contract.

In terms of style a deep-lying playmaker is certainly an option, especially if Lovren went and Fabinho filled it at centre-back more, however the injury record and the wages doesn't seem very "us" given the lack of resale value.

Surely cash-strapped clubs with slightly younger talent (Lyon for example) that need to raise funds are where we could be looking? Could see Aouar or Depay being sold.

justme
3rd July 2020, 07:07 PM
Only seems to be one source from Germany reporting it. Every other report is just off the back of that one.

Ok, am I bit sick of how we get mentioned in transfers.that we have no intention in at all.

Insidious
3rd July 2020, 07:16 PM
Ok, am I bit sick of how we get mentioned in transfers.that we have no intention in at all.

One of the things that happens with success - better to be linked with them than not!

justme
3rd July 2020, 07:21 PM
One of the things that happens with success - better to be linked with them than not!
I dislike it because they are using us as a cash cow to get more money . Timo Werner agent is apparently getting 10 million. that's daylight robbery

scientificred
3rd July 2020, 09:31 PM
Could see Traore being a great impact sub for us next season a la Rosenthal 1990. Don't think many defenders would like seeing him coming on with 20 or so minutes to go. After next season and with Klopp's help to develop his skill maybe he would be due a starting place.

RedNoodle
3rd July 2020, 10:01 PM
I dislike it because they are using us as a cash cow to get more money . Timo Werner agent is apparently getting 10 million. that's daylight robbery

Given how much 'we' have spent on agents fees, 'we' aren't really in a position to say much about how much agents are getting. Personally I think who can become an agent and how much they can earn needs to be legislated on by the FA/UEFA/FIFA. Clubs are going to wall whilst there are some agents making tens of millions every year or two.

RedNoodle
3rd July 2020, 10:07 PM
Personally I'd like to see us sign some cover for the FB and attacking positions (i.e. players who can cover both sides/play in any of the front three positions), a good/consistent CB to play alongside VVD whilst the likes of Gomez hopefully eradicates the errors from his game/Hoever steps up a level, an out an out DM for when we play against teams that can bypass our backline/get at our defence, and possibly a midfielder with some guile and goals in his boots, though that is the least of the priorities, more so should Keita start showing more of his pre signing form.

Also a 'decent'/not error prone back up goalie also wouldn't go amiss.

As it stands however I can't see more than one or two players coming in, and I expect them to be 'value' players.

teesred
3rd July 2020, 10:47 PM
Could see Traore being a great impact sub for us next season a la Rosenthal 1990. Don't think many defenders would like seeing him coming on with 20 or so minutes to go. After next season and with Klopp's help to develop his skill maybe he would be due a starting place.

I think Traore would go for more than Werner or around that mark. Personally dont see it happening if FSG put the block on the Werner signing. Theres also the issue of Traore making a move to be a sub again, surely he'll want to be a starter wherever he goes if he moves.

scientificred
3rd July 2020, 10:57 PM
I think Traore would go for more than Werner or around that mark. Personally dont see it happening if FSG put the block on the Werner signing. Theres also the issue of Traore making a move to be a sub again, surely he'll want to be a starter wherever he goes if he moves.
Maybe the chance of more money and champions League football and trophies would compensate. I remember how Klopp was so impressed with him when we played Wolves - I think he described him as unplayable in his post match interview.

dicko1969
4th July 2020, 02:54 AM

Is he 29yo ?

Liverpool want players like Werner.
22yo - 24yo with a 5 year contract and resale value.

Making as quote our new supporter Gary Nev ; turning £30m players into £100m+ players.

At the moment though tbh the players we will bring in must realise they are on the bench .

Only Mbappe , maybe a midfielder, or a CB will improve the team.

That's why Werner didn't come, and the £250k a week probably.
(Another reason why Mbappe won't be coming either)

reddownunder
4th July 2020, 03:56 AM
I don't think anyone can afford the transfer fee for Mbappe which will allow us to sign him on a free transfer in 2 years :)

dicko1969
4th July 2020, 07:12 AM
There are a few good younger players coming through.

A few more first team quality options and we can compete more seriously in all comps and rest players/cover injuries.

Werner, Sane and Bruno just joined new clubs.
Guess we'll go for Mbappe.

Haha
You thought you could just slip that in and get away with it .

(That's what she said)

CCTV
4th July 2020, 07:38 AM
Haha
You thought you could just slip that in and get away with it .

(That's what she said)

Mahrez is older than each of our current front 3 and hes an afcon issue, albeit thats been deffered. So hes ruled out too.
Leaving only one option !

dicko1969
4th July 2020, 07:57 AM
Mahrez is older than each of our current front 3 and hes an afcon issue, albeit thats been deffered. So hes ruled out too.
Leaving only one option !

City have their own problems

Fernandinho 34 yo (stones otamendi are awful)
They need 5 centre backs ;)

Kun 32yo
Silva - ciao

They haven't replaced kompany

Mahrez and kdb 29yo

If we listen to everyone our front 3 all aged 28yo are over the hill and need as they say "upgrade"

So where are City?
With an ageing squad
Need upgrades?

They lost one of their best players in Sane.

A mess. Haha lol

dicko1969
4th July 2020, 07:59 AM
I don't think anyone can afford the transfer fee for Mbappe which will allow us to sign him on a free transfer in 2 years :)

CCTV is giving the funds to pay mbappe salary

CCTV
4th July 2020, 08:37 AM
City have their own problems

Fernandinho 34 yo (stones otamendi are awful)
They need 5 centre backs ;)

Kun 32yo
Silva - ciao

They haven't replaced kompany

Mahrez and kdb 29yo

If we listen to everyone our front 3 all aged 28yo are over the hill and need as they say "upgrade"

So where are City?
With an ageing squad
Need upgrades?

They lost one of their best players in Sane.

A mess. Haha lol

Ageing squad and a cl ban up the wazoo too, no less :D

All 3 of our front 3 dont need upgrading, given their cost we could retire them here really maybe a last payday elsewhere perhaps, but they could do with some assistance, a young apprentice perhaps.
In a city far far away.... a young frenchman needs liberating !!

CCTV
4th July 2020, 08:41 AM
CCTV is giving the funds to pay mbappe salary

Ill buy my Mbappe shirt #7, so long as Milner relinquishes his grasp on the iconic no7.

Insidious
4th July 2020, 08:48 AM
Ageing squad and a cl ban up the wazoo too, no less :D

The main down-side I can see with their Champion's League ban (if their appeal fails and they aren't in it for 20/21 and 20/22) is how much more they will be able to focus on League games in terms of rest, rotation, freshness - like ourselves in 13/14 under Rodgers.

Not impossible at all to envisage them getting 10 points more than this season (lost 8 games haven't they? I'm sure they can reduce that) whilst we get 10 less (no disgrace as we'll have had two 90+ seasons on the bounce) given the physical and mental difficulties of sustaining what has been a ridiculous level.

Pep won't be there forever though and it's hard to imagine someone else coming in and doing better than Pep in terms of points totals in the League. Would love us to reach 21 League titles and 7 European Cups before Klopp's contract is up and I truly believe it's possible.

CCTV
4th July 2020, 09:12 AM
The main down-side I can see with their Champion's League ban (if their appeal fails and they aren't in it for 20/21 and 20/22) is how much more they will be able to focus on League games in terms of rest, rotation, freshness - like ourselves in 13/14 under Rodgers.

Not impossible at all to envisage them getting 10 points more than this season (lost 8 games haven't they? I'm sure they can reduce that) whilst we get 10 less (no disgrace as we'll have had two 90+ seasons on the bounce) given the physical and mental difficulties of sustaining what has been a ridiculous level.

Pep won't be there forever though and it's hard to imagine someone else coming in and doing better than Pep in terms of points totals in the League. Would love us to reach 21 League titles and 7 European Cups before Klopp's contract is up and I truly believe it's possible.

They arent really a comparable side to our 13/14 side, though i get your point of that advantage.
They have a really big expensive squad and are used to playing all the time. Might be some wantaways if they dont have cl football for a year or 2.
Be interesting to see what happens with them, 1 or 2 year ban or the death of FFP, comings and goings.

Agree, 2 years of exceptional points gobbling in the pl cant be demanded and met all the time. Guess we'll have to see what happens with ourselves too with transfers. Should be in contention to retain our title though and have another crack at the cl.

Think klopp will have more stamina than pep and is in a really good position to push on for more titles. Clubs in a really good position.

Balinkay
4th July 2020, 09:21 AM
Ill buy my Mbappe shirt #7, so long as Milner relinquishes his grasp on the iconic no7.

For that whippersnapper?! Pffft. Mbappe will wear whatever Millie tells him to wear and he'll like it!

CCTV
4th July 2020, 09:53 AM
For that whippersnapper?! Pffft. Mbappe will wear whatever Millie tells him to wear and he'll like it!

Milner hasnt been providing enough goals/assists for a no7 in a great liverpool side.
Imo he'll relinquish it to be sound ;)

Balinkay
4th July 2020, 01:31 PM
It's not about the stats CC, it's about sending a message!

Jenson78
4th July 2020, 09:29 PM
I just watched the DFB Pokal German cup final. Wanted to have a good look at Kai Havertz, best player for Leverkusen on the day. Started as a number 9, moved to number 10, can play multiple positions. Scored a brilliant left foot penalty right into the top left corner. Watched him alot this season, definitely a Klopp type player. Now i dont think for one minute were going to stump up the money for him. I will be gutted and worried if he ends up at one of our rivals. He's 21 years old, 6ft 2" tall, played 118 senior games, 45 goals,
7 German international appearances. He will become a top,top player, thats for sure. FSG PRETTY PLEASE.

Balinkay
4th July 2020, 09:56 PM
Wasn't he a shoe-in for Chelsea?

Jenson78
4th July 2020, 10:34 PM
Wasn't he a shoe-in for Chelsea?
Leverkusen will get a bidding war going. His fee will be 60 million plus.

Insidious
5th July 2020, 04:01 PM
I personally would hate to see him go, but I wonder if we might see the end of Milner's time at the Club if Leeds are promoted, now that the Premier League and Champion's League are in the bag.

Nineteenx
5th July 2020, 04:08 PM
Get me Ruiz, Soumare and a CB as Gomez is too naive and Matip has recurring injury problems and Lovren simply isn't good enough and has managed to claim Phil Jones mantle as the worst CB to ever land a Premier League winners medal

justme
5th July 2020, 04:21 PM
Wow what more crap from you?Gomez as been outstanding for most of his time along side VDD.Most defenders struggle against the movement of man-city in the final 3rd. Its why they have scored 100s of goals in the last 2/3 seasons.

Nineteenx
5th July 2020, 04:25 PM
Wow what more crap from you?Gomez as been outstanding for most of his time along side VDD.Most defenders struggle against the movement of man-city in the final 3rd. Its why they have scored 100s of goals in the last 2/3 seasons.

Gomez is overrated, Matip is miles better than Gomez because Gomez is incredibly naive and when you look at the number of games played sorely lacks the necessary experience, sure he's good enough and has a great record playing in a team in which the collective press and hard work from all the midfielders, forwards and the full backs is so good it largely restricts the opposition to trying to play balls over the top and his pace is a strong attribute for that, but put him in a Champions League game or Premier League game against top opposition who are going to have a lot more of the ball, who are going to isolate very good players one v one against him, and he is woefully inadequate

RedNoodle
5th July 2020, 04:28 PM
Gomez has potential but he is still a tad too error prone and inconsistent. If he can improve on both those areas he could be the long term partner in our defence alongside VVD,

Aldo1988
5th July 2020, 06:49 PM
Thought Gomez was good today, we need a Lovren replacement which shouldn't be hard!

justme
5th July 2020, 06:54 PM
Thought Gomez was good today, we need a Lovren replacement which shouldn't be hard!

I rate Mings he would be an upgrade on Lovren. But most possible signings they want to play in the 11 most weeks.. That what some contributers on here don't understand when we go out for new players.

justme
5th July 2020, 06:55 PM
Gomez is overrated, Matip is miles better than Gomez because Gomez is incredibly naive and when you look at the number of games played sorely lacks the necessary experience, sure he's good enough and has a great record playing in a team in which the collective press and hard work from all the midfielders, forwards and the full backs is so good it largely restricts the opposition to trying to play balls over the top and his pace is a strong attribute for that, but put him in a Champions League game or Premier League game against top opposition who are going to have a lot more of the ball, who are going to isolate very good players one v one against him, and he is woefully inadequate
Gomez is overrated? ok moving on no more to be said on that matter

miller0863
5th July 2020, 06:56 PM
I’d be an upgrade on Lovren.

Aldo1988
5th July 2020, 07:03 PM
I’d be an upgrade on Lovren.

Nicky Tanner now would be an upgrade.

Insidious
5th July 2020, 07:06 PM
I rate Mings he would be an upgrade on Lovren.

I don't find myself watching Villa games often.

Looks physically strong and a reasonable communicator but I know very little - what do you like about him?

eggy81
5th July 2020, 07:09 PM
Saint maxim, jamal Lewis, egan from Sheffield united to rotate in with lovern going. Jobs a good un. All the other wastage on wage bill out too. Keep milner. Willian would be icing on cake.

RedNoodle
5th July 2020, 07:10 PM
I rate Mings he would be an upgrade on Lovren. But most possible signings they want to play in the 11 most weeks.. That what some contributers on here don't understand when we go out for new players.

Which is a reason why the purse strings may need to be loosened. That is of course unless Jurgen can keep coming up with good bits of business and getting our youngsters to push on to the next level. We've had a good first XI for a while, but a bench containing a big drop off in quality. This makes it harder to compete on multiple fronts and also leaves us susceptible to our season being derailed if/when one or more of our key players are missing e.g. injuries, suspensions, AFCON etc.

Steveo
5th July 2020, 07:13 PM

Should be someone soft.

Insidious
5th July 2020, 07:15 PM
Should be someone soft.

What about that chap from the old Trebor mint ads?

Aldo1988
5th July 2020, 07:15 PM
I don't find myself watching Villa games often.

Looks physically strong and a reasonable communicator but I know very little - what do you like about him?

He seem's like a bit of a twat.

Steveo
5th July 2020, 07:18 PM
What about that chap from the old Trebor mint ads?

Yes yes yes - this fella. This ad really touched me back in the day.. Lovren

https://youtu.be/CJPLCK-Dst0

teesred
5th July 2020, 07:21 PM
Boly at Wolves would be a good addition I think. Looks solid but mainly because we could have lots of fun with puns due to his first name being Willy.

RedNoodle
5th July 2020, 07:22 PM
My life (and one or two 'other' things) apart, so many things were so much better in the 80's be it TV, comedy, music, films etc.

teesred
5th July 2020, 07:24 PM
As much as Gomez is s decent centre back how many of us would be confident in him leading the back 4 if VvD got injured ?
Personally I wouldn't, we need another real quality CB. Dont think itll happen, more likely to see a mid brought in and Fab playing there if required.

Insidious
5th July 2020, 07:26 PM
Yes yes yes - this fella. This ad really touched me back in the day.. Lovren

https://youtu.be/CJPLCK-Dst0

The thing that I like there about Mr. Soft is his generosity when in possession, but we also saw that he is prone to the occasional clanger.

stevie harkness
5th July 2020, 07:46 PM
I wonder if we'd have done any better had we signed de Ligt

Balinkay
5th July 2020, 08:00 PM
Gomez has potential but he is still a tad too error prone and inconsistent. If he can improve on both those areas he could be the long term partner in our defence alongside VVD,

I think he kind of is, even if he doesn't. Can't see us forking out the cash needed for an upgrade on Gomez.

teesred
5th July 2020, 08:01 PM
I wonder if we'd have done any better had we signed de Ligt

Wish we had signed him.

redebreck
5th July 2020, 08:07 PM
I prefer Matip to Gomez, when Matip is fit! Biscuits.

LEGS
5th July 2020, 08:30 PM
Cover at LB has to be priority and Lewis at Norwich could be the man.

I’d like an attacker too but if we do sign someone he will more than likely be an unknown from Belgium or somewhere like that.

LEGS
5th July 2020, 09:08 PM
This Thiago rumour seems to be building up which as good as he is it seems strange as midfield is one area we aren’t short in.

Pearce/Joyce have both not denied the rumour and Pearce especially loves nothing more than saying no we aren’t signing him.

Balinkay
5th July 2020, 09:11 PM
I think it gives us some creativity from midfield. Maybe he'd just be a like-for-like replacement for Lallana. Probably won't earn a fortune more than him either.

toneata
5th July 2020, 09:37 PM
Would be typical us to buy another midfielder before addressing the massive drop in quality when one of the front 3 is missing.

LEGS
5th July 2020, 09:49 PM
Would be typical us to buy another midfielder before addressing the massive drop in quality when one of the front 3 is missing.

Agreed I’m not against us signing quality midfielders but LB and attack is what we need.

I’m optimistic with some of the young lads we have not saying they are first 11 but having reliable back up players is what we need.

justme
5th July 2020, 10:00 PM
Not only the incomings that are interesting,I wonder who will leave?? I think its likely Lovren will go. But who else? Maybe there will be further loan deals agree for the likes of Wilson.

teesred
5th July 2020, 10:03 PM
This Thiago rumour seems to be building up which as good as he is it seems strange as midfield is one area we aren’t short in.

Pearce/Joyce have both not denied the rumour and Pearce especially loves nothing more than saying no we aren’t signing him.

I think it's looking more and more likely.

Insidious
5th July 2020, 10:06 PM

Thanks for clarifying - had asked on page 58 if any of the reliables had denied it and it seems they still haven't.

Will be interesting.

Balinkay
5th July 2020, 10:08 PM

Thought tbf Thiago is class and he'll probably be able to fill in for Mane and Salah based on his experience and immaculate technique alone.

LEGS
5th July 2020, 10:14 PM
Thanks for clarifying - had asked on page 58 if any of the reliables had denied it and it seems they still haven't.

Will be interesting.

All we need now is Reddy to not deny it and we have the hat trick.

Is it possible we will sell Lovren and move Fabinho to CB ?

teesred
5th July 2020, 10:31 PM
Thought tbf Thiago is class and he'll probably be able to fill in for Mane and Salah based on his experience and immaculate technique alone.

Has he played wide before? I've only seen him play centre. If we sign him he'll be the closest thing to Alonso we'll have had since he left.

teesred
5th July 2020, 10:32 PM
All we need now is Reddy to not deny it and we have the hat trick.

Is it possible we will sell Lovren and move Fabinho to CB ?

The fact they're not denying it says a lot. Klopp more or less flat out said we arent signing Sancho yet didnt say that about Thiago today. Basically its nailed on. Lolziago.

Kev0909
5th July 2020, 10:35 PM
But he's 29, too old!! hahhaa...

On a serious note are midfield will be aging a lot in 1-2 years :o

Good job we've got Jones!

RedNoodle
5th July 2020, 11:01 PM
But he's 29, too old!! hahhaa...

On a serious note are midfield will be aging a lot in 1-2 years :o

Good job we've got Jones!

They were discussing him a few minutes back on the radio. Apparently he hasn't made more than 25 league appearances on average over the last three seasons, as well as a fair few less in Europe.

Balinkay
5th July 2020, 11:09 PM
He is very injury prone, yeah. Aquaman 2.0?

RedNoodle
5th July 2020, 11:23 PM
He is very injury prone, yeah. Aquaman 2.0?

We seem to have had at least one injury prone player for many years.

Aquaman, Aurellio, Shaqiri, Matip, Sturridge etc

justme
5th July 2020, 11:38 PM
We are the only team that have players that have a player or 2 who struggles to remain fit. In modern football its very hard physically to remain free of injury for long periods. Most players carry knocks and tweaks.. The likes of Shaqiri and Sturridge couldn't manage it physically their bodies wont allow it.

dicko1969
6th July 2020, 01:01 AM
Our u18 / u23 players need competitive football.

Brewster , Williams, Kane, Cain, Jones, Elliott, Hoever, Van den Berg , Larouci and others.

It is a big step up and high risk .

Gomez is a good player.

But as in every season and every club there is always a scapegoat player.

Gomez is the new Kuyt.

Insidious
6th July 2020, 09:38 AM
Our u18 / u23 players need competitive football.

Brewster , Williams, Kane, Cain, Jones, Elliott, Hoever, Van den Berg , Larouci and others

Michael Edwards is excellent at selling players.

We need to get as many of the quality-but-not-quite-enough players out there playing for other teams so more purchases of our Youth occurs.

The little "sets" of £8m here, £12m there can really stack up terribly, terribly quickly.

Aldo1988
6th July 2020, 10:57 AM
Michael Edwards is excellent at selling players.

We need to get as many of the quality-but-not-quite-enough players out there playing for other teams so more purchases of our Youth occurs.

The little "sets" of £8m here, £12m there can really stack up terribly, terribly quickly.

Pays for the agents fees!!

Insidious
6th July 2020, 11:47 AM
Pays for the agents fees!!

There is certainly that element too.

I would imagine agent fees are done in one-off payments, meaning that once you pay an an agent for the renewal of a longer contract, you don't have to pay them for a while, meaning there will be some windows where money is more fluid.

It's a massive annoyance what happens with agents, but I would rather have to pay the £30m per year or whatever it is than see Mane go to Real Madrid / Van Dijk go to City etc before we actually WANT to let them go - the better components of our side are so invaluable.

Insidious
6th July 2020, 12:06 PM
Alaba is entering the final year of his contract.

If he runs that down, someone could get an absolutely brilliant bit of business done by adding him to their squad.

Been at Bayern a long time and could genuinely fancy a new challenge. Very versatile player.

Aldo1988
6th July 2020, 12:35 PM
Alaba is entering the final year of his contract.

If he runs that down, someone could get an absolutely brilliant bit of business done by adding him to their squad.

Been at Bayern a long time and could genuinely fancy a new challenge. Very versatile player.

Get him in as a centre back to replace Lovren?

Aldo1988
6th July 2020, 12:38 PM
James Rodriguez being bandied about for £22 million, at 28 years old would he be worth it? Never really paid attention to him, what position does he play and what type of player is he?

teesred
6th July 2020, 02:11 PM
A good world cup 6 years ago is all I remember him for, one of those players who had a high profile without any justification. Very much doubt he'd cut it in the premier league.

3underpar
6th July 2020, 02:58 PM
James’ pace has dropped quite a bit last few years and was slowish to begin with. Wouldn’t fit Klopp’s needs.

Insidious
6th July 2020, 04:13 PM
Harvey Elliott has signed a 3-year deal with us.

You can't sign for more than 3 years at his age, in case anyone was wondering.

Good news that.

scientificred
7th July 2020, 08:01 AM
As much as Gomez is s decent centre back how many of us would be confident in him leading the back 4 if VvD got injured ?
Personally I wouldn't, we need another real quality CB. Dont think itll happen, more likely to see a mid brought in and Fab playing there if required.

Lewis Dunk from Brighton?

Steveo
7th July 2020, 08:12 AM

Haha Great name.. Always reminds me of that fella from Crocodile Dundee.. and his ‘Donk’

https://youtu.be/ufDTDUPZrag

I must have missed it - but for some reason my son hates Lewis Dunk...?

fayyazms
7th July 2020, 09:12 AM
In-game bust up involving Son

maybe we make a cheeky bid for him? would love to see him as a back up to front 3.

Insidious
7th July 2020, 09:21 AM
In-game bust up involving Son

maybe we make a cheeky bid for him? would love to see him as a back up to front 3.

Contract expires in 2023 plus "Levy tax" - would be £60m at an absolute minimum.

dicko1969
7th July 2020, 09:24 AM
Are top 6 doing business between each other these days ?

Ok David Luiz from Cfc to Arsenal but that was like a rip off and 12 points deduction .

Even Leicester and Wolves don't have to sell.

dicko1969
7th July 2020, 09:26 AM
- LB
- CB
- FW

Needed.

And Ruben Neves

teesred
7th July 2020, 09:36 AM
Are top 6 doing business between each other these days ?

Ok David Luiz from Cfc to Arsenal but that was like a rip off and 12 points deduction .

Even Leicester and Wolves don't have to sell.

Yep. Top teams dont need to sell. We couldn't pay 50m for Werner so talk of the likes of Traore seems wild. He would go for more.

teesred
7th July 2020, 09:38 AM

Looks a thoroughly decent player but not sure about being the top bracket type we could do with. Who knows though. I wonder how much Ake will go for if B'mouth go down. He looks very good, I think Chelsea have first refusal on him.

dicko1969
7th July 2020, 09:47 AM
Dunk 28yo + ?

dicko1969
7th July 2020, 09:48 AM
Go for Matt Hummels

Steveo
7th July 2020, 09:58 AM
- LB
- CB
- FW

Needed.

And Ruben Neves

I would personally ride up from London, hoist Neves onto my handlebars ( bicycle ) and peddle him from the Midlands to Liverpool 4...!

Steveo
7th July 2020, 10:00 AM
Looks a thoroughly decent player but not sure about being the top bracket type we could do with. Who knows though. I wonder how much Ake will go for if B'mouth go down. He looks very good, I think Chelsea have first refusal on him.

Looks quality but reminds me of Agger..

Talking about brittleness

CCTV
7th July 2020, 10:02 AM
Yep. Top teams dont need to sell. We couldn't pay 50m for Werner so talk of the likes of Traore seems wild. He would go for more.

Maybe Werner failed the only liverpool in his heart criteria...

teesred
7th July 2020, 10:49 AM
Maybe Werner failed the only liverpool in his heart criteria...

No it was down to FSG not sanctioning 50m for a player not classed as a starter.

CCTV
7th July 2020, 11:15 AM
No it was down to FSG not sanctioning 50m for a player not classed as a starter.

And how did FSG describe it, was it more the £50mill or more the non-starter.

toneata
7th July 2020, 12:26 PM

Yep, makes me laugh when people say we should be going for Traore when he'd be significantly more than what Werner went for.

Thiago would want huge wages too so don't see that one happening either.

teesred
7th July 2020, 12:31 PM
And how did FSG describe it, was it more the £50mill or more the non-starter.

They considered it "irresponsible" in the current climate and were not "in a position" to sanction 50m for a non starting player. Two things I have read.
Seeing as Klopp wanted him theres no reason to not believe it.

teesred
7th July 2020, 12:35 PM
Yep, makes me laugh when people say we should be going for Traore when he'd be significantly more than what Werner went for.

Thiago would want huge wages too so don't see that one happening either.

I think we'll sign Thiago. At 29 theres no resale value if any but the price going around is 30m. Not a huge amount in today's market and if we are shifting deadwood theres movement for wages maybe?
It hasnt been shot down by anyone reliable yet. Matthias reckons it's done. Probably just his opinion though, one thing for sure is hes certainly leaving Bayern.
I wonder who he replaces if he comes to LFC? you'd imagine Hendo but he will have to be damn good to fill those boots in this team.

Steveo
7th July 2020, 12:37 PM
I think we'll sign Thiago. At 29 theres no resale value if any but the price going around is 30m. Not a huge amount in today's market and if we are shifting deadwood theres movement for wages maybe?
It hasnt been shot down by anyone reliable yet. Matthias reckons it's done. Probably just his opinion though, one thing for sure is hes certainly leaving Bayern.
I wonder who he replaces if he comes to LFC? you'd imagine Hendo but he will have to be damn good to fill those boots in this team.

Would be an excellent addition and yes not going to be easy to displace Hendo at all.. Never thought I would be saying that in a million years a while back.

toneata
7th July 2020, 12:38 PM
James Pearce said when talking about Thiago that if a player deemed as a 'game changer' (or something like that) became available like Thiago which Werner currently isn't (his words), then the club might make a move if the deal seemed too good to ignore.

We'll have to see how much 'irresponsible' signings there are during the window, my guess is there'll be quite a few.......just not by LFC.

toneata
7th July 2020, 12:45 PM

Knowing how Klopp is, if he thought Thiago's best role was in Hendo's place I cant see him bringing him in. The dressing room must be buzzing now, doubt he'd want to disrupt that on the back of the captain's best season(s).
I've seen the €30m quotes but also seen that Bayern would want more. Plus again he's at that age where this would be his last 'big' contract so would want a significant wage (no idea what he's on now).

Gini still stalling on a contract for whatever reason, maybe we're waiting to see what he does.

Insidious
7th July 2020, 12:51 PM
Gini still stalling on a contract for whatever reason, maybe we're waiting to see what he does.

Could be assurances about game time. He plays for Holland and there is competition in our midfield as it is, with Jones breaking through as well. Also likely to be his last "big" contract so he will be hoping for a decent wedge.

He is the only important one really who is contracted until sooner than 2022. We have done really well (and yes, it has cost money) to hang onto our side - it doesn't take much for a side to weaken. Just look at City - they'll be losing goals/assists in the form of Leroy Sane in the 20/21 season, whereas we won't be.

toneata
7th July 2020, 01:11 PM
Did Sane play this season?, they've scored more than us without him.

miller0863
7th July 2020, 01:41 PM
@dicko, loved your post about Luiz moving to Arsenal. Proper LOL moment 😂😂

vin
7th July 2020, 04:01 PM
James Pearce said when talking about Thiago that if a player deemed as a 'game changer' (or something like that) became available like Thiago which Werner currently isn't (his words), then the club might make a move if the deal seemed too good to ignore.

We'll have to see how much 'irresponsible' signings there are during the window, my guess is there'll be quite a few.......just not by LFC.

Is Thiago really a game changer?

toneata
7th July 2020, 04:52 PM
Is Thiago really a game changer?

People seem to think so..

From Reddy in the Independent.....'He is undoubtedly world class and among the very best in his position. There are no asterisks over his quality'

.....though she does go on to say we're unlikely to sign him, but I doubt anyone has the that 'inside info' previous managers afforded to some journos.

Insidious
7th July 2020, 04:55 PM
Suspect Alcantara signing happens if Wijnaldum doesn't commit to contract and doesn't happen if Gini does commit.

miller0863
7th July 2020, 05:49 PM
Not a bad shout Sid

Insidious
7th July 2020, 05:52 PM
Not a bad shout Sid

Just what makes sense if you look at the age and positions of the respective players, but time will tell.

Apparently Fabian Mrozek has joined us. Young Polish keeper, one for the future that Tottenham had an interest in apparently. He is 16 and is 6' 3.

Hopefully Karius takes a hint. :cower:

Aldo1988
7th July 2020, 06:37 PM
Just what makes sense if you look at the age and positions of the respective players, but time will tell.

Apparently Fabian Mrozek has joined us. Young Polish keeper, one for the future that Tottenham had an interest in apparently. He is 16 and is 6' 3.

Hopefully Karius takes a hint. :cower:

He's the third young Polish goalkeeper we have in the books now, so much for a team of Scousers Jürgen 😉

shminkyred
7th July 2020, 06:53 PM

neither was 50 mil .....age..quality ....desire to come ...etc.....I really cant seem to let it go..lol

Balinkay
7th July 2020, 07:03 PM
He's the third young Polish goalkeeper we have in the books now, so much for a team of Scousers Jürgen ��

Can we buy them horses and angel wings and blast metal music as they ride into battle wielding giant lances?

CCTV
7th July 2020, 07:57 PM
They considered it "irresponsible" in the current climate and were not "in a position" to sanction 50m for a non starting player. Two things I have read.
Seeing as Klopp wanted him theres no reason to not believe it.

Doesnt add up imo.

Irresponsible to add a 24 year old attacker for £50 whod turn 25 in his first season, yet have £30 mill for a centremid whod turn 30 in his first season.

As sid said, if Gini is leaving thiago makes sense, otherwise it would be a baffling decision imo.

toneata
7th July 2020, 08:06 PM
neither was 50 mil .....age..quality ....desire to come ...etc.....I really cant seem to let it go..lol

Neither can I, there must be more to it than finances alone. He was the quintessential FSG signing.

I reckon it came down to a choice of filling in for at least a season here, or going to Chelsea and starting every game.

Insidious
7th July 2020, 08:08 PM
Can we buy them horses and angel wings and blast metal music as they ride into battle wielding giant lances?

Blind Guardian - Curse of Feanor is good fun.

dicko1969
7th July 2020, 08:10 PM
Gini stays
No Thiago

CCTV
7th July 2020, 08:17 PM
Neither can I, there must be more to it than finances alone. He was the quintessential FSG signing.

I reckon it came down to a choice of filling in for at least a season here, or going to Chelsea and starting every game.

I do wonder if his heart was really set on lfc, seeing as he signed for chelsea. Klopp seems very focused on that trait. Maybe he just went for better wages.

Gini stays
No Thiago

Agree, Gini seems like a real plant in the squad.

Balinkay
7th July 2020, 08:37 PM
Blind Guardian - Curse of Feanor is good fun.

"Hear my oath, I will take part... IN YOUR DAMNED FATE" - bone chilling.

*proceeds to die and not take part in the dark lord's fate*

teesred
7th July 2020, 08:40 PM
Doesnt add up imo.

Irresponsible to add a 24 year old attacker for £50 whod turn 25 in his first season, yet have £30 mill for a centremid whod turn 30 in his first season.

As sid said, if Gini is leaving thiago makes sense, otherwise it would be a baffling decision imo.

Maybe Klopp has admired him for a long time. Theres no doubt hes a proven class player, a midfielder like that should be taken if the chance is there I think.
I'd say the same about Kroos despite his age.

Balinkay
7th July 2020, 08:40 PM

Yup, he's blossomed into one of the root causes of our recent success. Seems like a potentially evergreen player who'll not easily wilt.

teesred
7th July 2020, 08:43 PM
I do wonder if his heart was really set on lfc, seeing as he signed for chelsea. Klopp seems very focused on that trait. Maybe he just went for better wages.

Maybe true but I dont think that's been reported anywhere. It seemed nailed on for sure. If it was scuppered due to wages then I'm glad. No way he would come into the squad on as much or more than Salah or VvD or anyone for that matter. Hes got everything to prove in my opinion.

southernboy
7th July 2020, 08:45 PM
If Leicester don’t get champions league football (looking likely), I wouldn’t mind taking Soyunku off their hands, although I doubt he would be cheap.

Steveo
7th July 2020, 09:30 PM
If Leicester don’t get champions league football (looking likely), I wouldn’t mind taking Soyunku off their hands, although I doubt he would be cheap.

Looks both solid and tidy...

Hope I haven’t jinxed him for the rest of this game at the Emirates ... :D

reddownunder
7th July 2020, 09:36 PM
Can we offer a contract to Willian please

Kev0909
8th July 2020, 02:23 AM
Am I reading this right, Solanke hasn't scored for Bournemouth in the league???

To think him and ibe, was our next big hopes...

reddownunder
8th July 2020, 03:36 AM
Am I reading this right, Solanke hasn't scored for Bournemouth in the league???

To think him and ibe, was our next big hopes...

Solanke is yet to score a league goal in 38 league appearances for Bournemouth to go with his 1 goal in 21 appearances for Liverpool. Edwards is genius for getting Bournemouth to pay 35 million for both he and Ibe

Insidious
8th July 2020, 08:53 AM
Edwards is genius for getting Bournemouth to pay 35 million for both he and Ibe

Truly. Edwards is one of the best assets we have at the club.

Imagine the sales of Ibe and Solanke covering the price of Sadio Mane!

It's exactly this type of stellar work that I hope we can continue to do if more reasonable talent comes through our Academy. We have the potential to generate a lot of funds over a long spell.

fayyazms
8th July 2020, 09:16 AM
Can we offer a contract to Willian please

would love that

Insidious
8th July 2020, 11:10 AM
'14-'17 for appearance Lallana made 41, 49, 35 total.

'17-'20 it was 15, 16, 22 total.

He played his part, but his imminent departure will represent £5,000,000 per year being freed up and we will likely barely notice his absence, despite a useful enough career for us - particularly the first 3 seasons.

Can wish him well, whilst also being thankful for the savings we're going to make.

miller0863
8th July 2020, 07:40 PM
Ox wide left to cover Mané says it all. Boy do we need a new forward in.

Nineteenx
8th July 2020, 07:46 PM
Get Fabian Ruiz, I banged on about Bruno Fernandes now everyone's seeing what I was talking about, Ruiz is a better player and would be an incredible signing for us AND will shut everyone the fuck up prattling on about bacon face, Ruiz is exactly what we need and with Lallana off the wages and going on a free contributing to our FFP (don't ask me how it works, something to do with an adjustment in line with his market value if he wasn't out of contract) Wilson, Grujic and hopefully Origi going with Minamino, Oxlade and Jones taking up the roles of bolstering the forward line, we've got more than enough to bring him in. Then if there's anything left and we can get shut of Lovren too and bring in a top CB like Matip who can stay fit, we're already a hell of a lot stronger than this season.

2 signings will do for me, Ruiz and a top CB to partner Virgil

Nineteenx
8th July 2020, 07:47 PM
Ox wide left to cover Mané says it all. Boy do we need a new forward in.

He scored 2 goals in 3 games covering Mane from that position this season

Steveo
8th July 2020, 07:53 PM
He scored 2 goals in 3 games covering Mane from that position this season

He has but I am sure you would be sat there with a gleaming smile were we to add a genuine rotational option to that forward line.

BTW.

If it’s tight - please can you go to the Khazi...? It has worked wonders for us on many occasion this season. :D

Nineteenx
8th July 2020, 07:59 PM
He has but I am sure you would be sat there with a gleaming smile were we to add a genuine rotational option to that forward line.

BTW.

If it’s tight - please can you go to the Khazi...? It has worked wonders for us on many occasion this season. :D

:D Brighton will be getting a bumming administered and even the Brighton fans won't be complaining, after all....................

Nineteenx
8th July 2020, 08:03 PM
He has but I am sure you would be sat there with a gleaming smile were we to add a genuine rotational option to that forward line

Werner was that player, Oxlade does a very good job, Fabian Ruiz can be incredible for us in midfield and provide another great option at LFWD and RFWD, soI would be incredibly happy when all said and done becuase of the COVID business is Ruiz and a top CB to partner Virgil were our only summer signings

Oxlade, Ruiz, Minamino, Jones, Brewster and Elliott is plenty enough for next season everything considered

LFC vs PFC
8th July 2020, 08:41 PM
:D Brighton will be getting a bumming administered and even the Brighton fans won't be complaining, after all....................

What a cringey homophobic comment.

Kev0909
8th July 2020, 09:49 PM

That's his middle name

Cringe

Nineteenx
8th July 2020, 10:25 PM

I wasn't being homophobic

Aldo1988
8th July 2020, 10:28 PM
I wasn't being homophobic

Either way it's not a good term to use for hammering a team.

Nineteenx
8th July 2020, 10:37 PM

Yeah but administering a good bumming is not something that is restricted to the gay community, my comment was perhaps in poor taste on this occasion, but it wasn't homophobic as I wasn't demeaning or criticising anyone for being gay, using a term like saying something is gay when it's bad is an example of homophobia, or referring to someone who is gay in detrimental terms, like Boris Johnson did calling people "Tank top wearing bum boy spaffers" is homophobic

stevie harkness
8th July 2020, 10:42 PM
Brighton & Hove Albion do seem to attract a lot of homophobic abuse for some reason.

LFC vs PFC
9th July 2020, 01:43 AM
Yeah but administering a good bumming is not something that is restricted to the gay community, my comment was perhaps in poor taste on this occasion, but it wasn't homophobic as I wasn't demeaning or criticising anyone for being gay, using a term like saying something is gay when it's bad is an example of homophobia, or referring to someone who is gay in detrimental terms, like Boris Johnson did calling people "Tank top wearing bum boy spaffers" is homophobic

Of course it was homophobic. You claimed that the Brighton players would enjoy being raped, and insinuated it's because they were gay.

If that's not being homophobic then I don't know what is.

In the last year you have been homophobic, misogynistic and your comments on the black lives matter thread closely resembled that of a racist.
You casually joke about people getting raped over and over on every match thread, and hide behind this 'it's a joke, get over yourself snowflake' excuse.
When anyone calls you on it, you ramp it up to 11 and do it even more. It's this attitude that sees people still not want to come out, as in some environments it's still socially acceptable to be homophobic. It's very reminiscent of the casual (and overt) racism that's existed in football for years.

I also think the mods need to be a little cautious in letting it go/supporting it.

justme
9th July 2020, 02:01 AM
Nineteenx also claimed to be a murderer. But he cant remember if he did it.

CCTV
9th July 2020, 05:18 AM
Of course it was homophobic. You claimed that the Brighton players would enjoy being raped, and insinuated it's because they were gay.

In the last year you have been homophobic, misogynistic and your comments on the black lives matter thread closely resembled that of a racist.
You casually joke about people getting raped over and over on every match thread, and hide behind this 'it's a joke, get over yourself snowflake' excuse.
When anyone calls you on it, you ramp it up to 11 and do it even more. It's this attitude that sees people still not want to come out, as in some environments it's still socially acceptable to be homophobic. It's very reminiscent of the casual (and overt) racism that's existed in football for years.

I also think the mods need to be a little cautious in letting it go/supporting it.

I think you are being a bit selfish and hypocritical tbh, yet i still think you have the right to unleash your pent up load of hostility and aggression towards 19x in such a stinging, analytic attack. Even if the analysis is somewhat dubious in terms of accuracy imo.
Perhaps you could share more of your insights into 19xs failings.

From where i sit, it seems like you are trying to humiliate him by unleashing your load. I just hope you are not responsible for any trauma that could arise from your speech. Or how he might feel like he cannot express himself in the environment leading to withdrawl, possible depression and a shorter lifespan.

Stephen fry a man i admire in ways (not romantically or sexually though hes a handsome man with a certain charm and mentally stimualting, lets say maybe), apart from his poor quality pindex narrations, had joked about how from the moment of his birth he knew vaginas were not for him.....

I didnt take this as a misogynistic comment at the time, but thanks to your post i can now see he was demeaning vaginas and shaming his mother and by extension all vaginas and perhaps all mothers.

Perhaps gay men could look to him as an example of how to be stunning and brave. He seems to a rather resilient, robust and witty man. Its a pity hes such a vagina and mother hating cis gender white priviliged man though.

I feel like ive awoken tbh, i can now see how the dalai lama is a racist nazi, John Cleese too whilst also the father of transphobia via monty python and how channel 4 in broadcasting father ted was really a case of demonstrating their anti-irishness owing to them being a priviliged british broadcaster. Father ted himself a character for hatred of the rcc.

Dont even get me started with owen jones calling some lesbians, butch lesbians owimg from their appearance - robbing them of their femininity. How dare the homophobic, misogynistic, cis gendered, white gay man speak in such an obnoxious and priviliged manner, a commentator for the guardian (i believe connected to the slave trade) also platformed by both labour and the BBC. How dare he !!

How fucking dare he speak freely and risk offending others and causing harm.
I used to think he was a well intending fool like myself, if not just a little more oafish than myself. But now i know hes a racist, working for former slave traders, homophobic, misogynistic, white gay british cis gender priviliged man...

Shame on you owen, shame shame shame...

CCTV
9th July 2020, 05:35 AM

And you find hammering to be an appropriate term... what next did we beat them, smash them, obliterate them, pummel them, rob them of points.
Is there any way of describing winning without demeaning those who did not win ?
Must we make losers by the virtue of winning.

1 point maximum from here on out please, a shared point is a caring point.
Do our lads give a shit about our various oppositions feelings at all !!

A hammer and hammering is a violent action, a symbol of the patriarchy and also the brutal oppression of communist dictators. Synonomous with building and the brutal insertion of a steel nails typically into wood. Wood that formerly was a tree before it was cut down and transformed against its will into a plank. Such a degrading process really and all so humans can believe themselves to be superior to animals. Im gald i identify as a spirit only to be opressed into taking a physical form and basic human responsibilites be the man.

I suggest we ban actual hammers, any depictions of hammers and from here on out ban hammer and hammering as hate speech, we can make nests in trees like birds or if you feel that might be misandrist or absuing trees some other form might be preferable.

pob
9th July 2020, 05:41 AM

I bet you're a great laugh at parties

justincredible
9th July 2020, 06:47 AM
I was hoping we'd give Brighton a better bumming than we did last night, especially after City rimmed and bummed Newcastle out of sight. They bummed Newcastle's star into a universe actually.
Bummer...!

justincredible
9th July 2020, 06:53 AM
And by the way, bumming isn't strictly the domain of the gays and homosexuals....

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Pegging

dicko1969
9th July 2020, 08:33 AM
Jesus got nailed

Aldo1988
9th July 2020, 08:37 AM
And you find hammering to be an appropriate term... what next did we beat them, smash them, obliterate them, pummel them, rob them of points.
Is there any way of describing winning without demeaning those who did not win ?
Must we make losers by the virtue of winning.

1 point maximum from here on out please, a shared point is a caring point.
Do our lads give a shit about our various oppositions feelings at all !!

A hammer and hammering is a violent action, a symbol of the patriarchy and also the brutal oppression of communist dictators. Synonomous with building and the brutal insertion of a steel nails typically into wood. Wood that formerly was a tree before it was cut down and transformed against its will into a plank. Such a degrading process really and all so humans can believe themselves to be superior to animals. Im gald i identify as a spirit only to be opressed into taking a physical form and basic human responsibilites be the man.

I suggest we ban actual hammers, any depictions of hammers and from here on out ban hammer and hammering as hate speech, we can make nests in trees like birds or if you feel that might be misandrist or absuing trees some other form might be preferable.

Would you use the term 'bumming a team' anywhere else but an online football forum, for example a pub full of people?

dicko1969
9th July 2020, 08:40 AM
Tbh I don't like the term

Could use something else

" Let's win lads - come on ! "

What are the alternatives?

Insidious
9th July 2020, 08:43 AM
Jesus got nailed

Nice grave you have there.

Be a shame if someone rose from it.

CCTV
9th July 2020, 08:53 AM
Jesus got nailed

I didnt forget that, i was just keeping my post short and on point. The persecution of christ and the unnamed tree.

I hope youre not forgetting those nails struck the cross he was nailed on too, a cross formerly known as tree. Or a you a human supremacist :(

Ive shown solidarity with trees beforehand on the forum, citing the radical reduction of trees in the last few millenia. Stating how with the global population we could easily plant trillions of trees. 7 Billion people planting a few hundred trees(up to a thousand) equals trillions of trees.
Iirc estimates state there are 3 trillion trees and yet some people believe there are too many trees and are spreading propoganda that we need to reduce the numbers of trees and christians.

Have you posted your solidarity with trees, silence is violence, disagree with me and you show your bigotree.

So dicko are you a human supremacist tied to a pole ?

CCTV
9th July 2020, 10:01 AM
Would you use the term 'bumming a team' anywhere else but an online football forum, for example a pub full of people?

Oh, i see, im irish and in a pub full of irish drunkards :(

Well on the question of what i might say, or might have said prior to my recent conversion, were i to be in such a setting, well i cant say ive used that term beforehand, as in "bumming a team" itself.

I might have said lets smash, kill, hammer, fuck em up even, pummel etc

If i was watching a game v a team with a friend who supported that team, i could easily see myself saying ye got bummed if it was a 'bumming', maybe more of a with hindsight it was a bumming. But id probably go for ye got killed, anihilated or slaughtered.
Or if they were watching barca v manu in a cl final i might have actually said bummer whilst trying and failing to conceal my delirious joy at their loss. Theyd have known only too well i wasnt rooting for manu.
Obviously if they had won, id have endured some vitriolic slagging in return.

Aldo1988
9th July 2020, 10:18 AM
Oh, i see, im irish and in a pub full of irish drunkards :(

Well on the question of what i might say, or might have said prior to my recent conversion, were i to be in such a setting, well i cant say ive used that term beforehand, as in "bumming a team" itself.

I might have said lets smash, kill, hammer, fuck em up even, pummel etc

If i was watching a game v a team with a friend who supported that team, i could easily see myself saying ye got bummed if it was a 'bumming', maybe more of a with hindsight it was a bumming. But id probably go for ye got killed, anihilated or slaughtered.
Or if they were watching barca v manu in a cl final i might have actually said bummer whilst trying and failing to conceal my delirious joy at their loss. Theyd have known only too well i wasnt rooting for manu.
Obviously if they had won, id have endured some vitriolic slagging in return.

Nothing to do with being Irish, it was just an example. How would tea room, church meeting or any other public gathering suit you? I used pub as that's the go to for people who talk about football and in most cases go to watch football.

Steveo
9th July 2020, 10:38 AM
Personally I have never thought of the term in a homophobic context - probably because I find the humour simply in the word ‘Bum’. I am childish in that way. Used to sing ‘Rubber Bum Bum‘ at Christmas ( still do ) at school and still hold that immature toilet humour.

So when I hear the term ‘bumming’ or ‘bummed’ ( :D :D ) it doesn’t conjure up images of a sexual nature, orientation or anything other than the pair of cheeks that part on the crapper. At least that is my conscious perception.

I suppose we all see things differently.

I guess I have heard mention of the term used in the male humping male scenario to be fair - and perhaps this is another root of the humour for me. Not sure really.

It’s a bummer.

teesred
9th July 2020, 10:41 AM
Tbh I don't like the term

Could use something else

" Let's win lads - come on ! "

What are the alternatives?

I've always liked "let's be 'avvin you".
Or a simple. "Do your best and dont worry" as Morrissey once said.

teesred
9th July 2020, 10:44 AM
Jesus got nailed

Not true due to the Bible being a load of made up shite.

Aldo1988
9th July 2020, 10:47 AM
Not true due to the Bible being a load of made up shite.

Yep, it's just a load of fairy tales.

miller0863
9th July 2020, 10:52 AM
That would be very offensive to a Christian. Would anyone dare say anything similar about the Koran?

Very, very much doubt it.

Aldo1988
9th July 2020, 10:57 AM
That would be very offensive to a Christian. Would anyone dare say anything similar about the Koran?

I would, they are all made up tales.

Aldo1988
9th July 2020, 10:59 AM
Anyway we are veering way off topic here! Who have we been linked with today? Has anyone been keeping a list or players we've been linked to since the turn of the year?

miller0863
9th July 2020, 10:59 AM
Then you would find yourself in a bit of hot water pretty quickly.
People’s beliefs are no more fair game for open ridicule than people’s sexuality.

Aldo1988
9th July 2020, 11:03 AM
Then you would find yourself in a bit of hot water pretty quickly.
People’s beliefs are no more fair game for open ridicule than people’s sexuality.

Well my beliefs are that religions are not real while homosexuality is. Can't see how that would get me in hot water?

miller0863
9th July 2020, 11:09 AM
Stand outside the local mosque with a placard, the results of that action would be real enough.
Order an ambulance in advance,

Aldo1988
9th July 2020, 11:10 AM
Stand outside the local mosque with a placard, the results of that action would be real enough.
Order an ambulance in advance,

That'd be like going into a gay bar or joining a gay rights march shouting 'Let's give these a good bumming'.

Steveo
9th July 2020, 11:16 AM

Except that is is totally PC and fully acceptable to say what you like about Christians.

They are fair game.

I remember a lecturer of mine suggesting.. Let's just wait for it all to go full circle. Allow speech be totally restricted - push peoples true opinions and thought underground until the same groups of people who left their native lands or geographical area - in search of more freedom - wake up to the fact that they have created the very hell they fled from in the first place.

miller0863
9th July 2020, 11:17 AM
So you agree your comment on the Koran being a fairytale would be as offensive to those who believe in it, as the bumming comment is to the LGBGT community Aldo?

Good. Because that is my point, if you are quite happy to offend one large section of the community, I wouldn’t be too quick to criticise someone for doing the same to another.
People in glass houses is the phrase I am looking for.

Aldo1988
9th July 2020, 11:19 AM
So you agree your comment on the Koran being a fairytale would be as offensive to those who believe in it, as the bumming comment is to the LGBGT community Aldo?

Good. Because that is my point, if you are quite happy to offend one large section of the community, I wouldn’t be too quick to criticise someone for doing the same to another.
People in glass houses is the phrase I am looking for.

So being agnostic is on par with being homophobic?

miller0863
9th July 2020, 11:21 AM
We are getting to the stage where it is very difficult not to “offend” someone at some point during any given 24 hour period.

eggy81
9th July 2020, 11:21 AM
If you dont believe in religion or God are your beleifs being offended by Religious people then?

Steveo
9th July 2020, 11:23 AM
We are getting to the stage where it is very difficult not to “offend” someone at some point during any given 24 hour period.

I am offended by the word 'period' - don't you know.. it's 'the curse'.. :D. oops

miller0863
9th July 2020, 11:27 AM
Ridiculing someone’s beliefs is not an essential part of being agnostic. Ridiculing someone’s beliefs is just offensive and if you can’t see that it’s quite disappointing. Personally I’d get off your moral high horse in pulling up Nineteen on what you say as a homophobic comment if you think it’s ok to have a go at the Muslim community.

Your suggestion that he wouldn’t say it in a tea room was a strange one. He’s on an internet football forum.

teesred
9th July 2020, 11:27 AM

Exactly. That really is the whole overall point. Our human culture now us turning into one of wanting to be acknowledged for being offended or noterietey for being excluded or highlighted. All driven by social media.

miller0863
9th July 2020, 11:29 AM
It’s a minefield eggy. My point was about the holier than thou attitude in pulling up someone for offending one section of the community when they are quite happy to do it to another.

Aldo1988
9th July 2020, 11:36 AM
Ridiculing someone’s beliefs is not an essential part of being agnostic. Ridiculing someone’s beliefs is just offensive and if you can’t see that it’s quite disappointing. Personally I’d get off your moral high horse in pulling up Nineteen on what you say as a homophobic comment if you think it’s ok to have a go at the Muslim community.

Your suggestion that he wouldn’t say it in a tea room was a strange one. He’s on an internet football forum.

I was just enquiring if CCTV would happily use the term in different situations. I'd happily stay on my moral high horse if I feel I have to call out people who use a term which I believe to be homophobic.