They will struggle to sign players now. with no European football

can't see pep staying either

CCTV
14th February 2020, 07:59 PM
Lolza.... hope its not overturned by the CAS or whoever

Are PSG gonna face something similar ?

Balinkay
14th February 2020, 08:03 PM
As hilarious as this is, it's actually bad for us unless the Arabs decide to sell the club. This all but guarantees CL football for United in the next two years, helping to stabilise them. Fuck.

justme
14th February 2020, 08:03 PM
There is a lot of iffy stuff going on at Man-city with finances

eggy81
14th February 2020, 08:06 PM
I bet it gets over turned.. Cas will over turn it. Imagine if they win it this year and cant defend it. Blue loon is in full tin hat mode.

skyebo
14th February 2020, 08:12 PM
I bet it gets over turned.. Cas will over turn it. Imagine if they win it this year and cant defend it. Blue loon is in full tin hat mode.

That's what i'm thinking, they will appeal against it and win their appeal and get an increased fine which won't bother them.

Kev0909
14th February 2020, 08:16 PM
As hilarious as this is, it's actually bad for us unless the Arabs decide to sell the club. This all but guarantees CL football for United in the next two years, helping to stabilise them. Fuck.

Why utd?

Could be anyones

they've still been buying top players anyway doesn't make much difference, don't know how they don't get into trouble with FFP tbh

Balinkay
14th February 2020, 08:18 PM
Why utd?

Could be anyones

they've still been buying top players anyway doesn't make much difference, don't know how they don't get into trouble with FFP tbh

The only way they ever stop buying top players is they miss out on CL and winning the PL consistently. I don't want them to be shite for a while and bounce back. I want them to fall off their financial perch.

toneata
14th February 2020, 08:20 PM
Anyone could see what they were doing with their dodgy sponsorship deals.

The biggest losers are us, this should be number 20 we're going for not 19.

c*nts.

Balinkay
14th February 2020, 08:20 PM
Also they're going to appeal. I'm not sure the ban will survive that.

toneata
14th February 2020, 08:22 PM
That's what i'm thinking, they will appeal against it and win their appeal and get an increased fine which won't bother them.

Can't see even them getting 2 years lowered to none. Hopefully the best they can do is get it halved, but Pep's got the perfect excuse to do a runner now.

CCTV
14th February 2020, 08:27 PM

Only guessing..

I think they'll be out next year, might not be able to get an appeal in time the competition starts pretty early in the summer

Cas/whoever might overturn it for the second year, they love giving cheats a second chance.

Imagine if they win it - get stuffed :D

CCTV
14th February 2020, 08:28 PM

It'll give all those teams outside the top4 a boost, wouldn't bet on United making the top5 this year.

Insidious
14th February 2020, 08:30 PM
Which means 5th will be 4th right?

Come on wolves/Sheff utd fuck the mancs

Yes, rule 408.

5th will get Champion's League football. Spurs and Mourinho will be pretty psyched by this development for sure.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the City players with genuine ambition (who genuinely want the trophies as much as or more than the money) - City may try to make the most of those 2 years to work on Data Analysts and so on and sell a couple of stars to improve FFP for the future.

I certainly would be looking at having a cheek word in De Bruyne's ear if I were in the recruitment staff at Liverpool.

Balinkay
14th February 2020, 08:30 PM
It'll give all those teams outside the top4 a boost, wouldn't bet on United making the top5 this year.

We can only hope.

But like I said, this will most likely get overturned.

Steveo
14th February 2020, 08:36 PM
We can only hope.

But like I said, this will most likely get overturned.

It would be some climb down from Uefa if they overturn it from here - but dirty cash does talk

Balinkay
14th February 2020, 08:38 PM
It would be some climb down from Uefa if they overturn it from here - but dirty cash does talk

Aye.

I mean, fair play to UEFA if this stands. But if it doesn't...

toneata
14th February 2020, 08:39 PM
Once the appeal process starts with CAS they'll still be able to play in the CL while it's 'ongoing', so it's looking likely they'll be in it next season anyway.

3underpar
14th February 2020, 08:40 PM
There is a god apparently. Until appeal that is.

Oil FC can fuck off haha

Steveo
14th February 2020, 08:43 PM
Yep they will likely squirm their way out BUT like Bali I am surprised Uefa have gone for them.

Taksin
14th February 2020, 08:43 PM
Does anyone (CCTV perhaps) know what the actual numbers are? How much have they made up in terms of an inflated sponsorship deal and what are the rules concerning market value?

If they chose to say that the naming rights for the stadium are 500 million per year, and they only have one offer at that price, what’s to stop them using that tactic?

toneata
14th February 2020, 08:44 PM
Aye.

I mean, fair play to UEFA if this stands. But if it doesn't...

How can they actually deny the claims though? there seems to be a lot of damaging proof, even if it was hacked to get it, it's out there now.

Appeals are fine and just, but the punishment should be doubled if you lose.

Nineteenx
14th February 2020, 08:49 PM
What action the FA take? They have been banned because they have failed to comply with FFP AND have, put basically, lied about it.

This means that during the seasons this spending that saw them hugely breach FFP fair play rules all other sides were complying with, they have effectively enjoyed an advantage in signing and paying the wages of players they couldn't otherwise have had at the club.

I think the FA should impose retrospective action, docking them 12 points from their totals for each of the last 2 seasons and 12 points for each of the next 2 seasons, they have effectively won those trophies by cheating. A special ceremony should be arranged where 'the cheats' have to come to Anfield and hand last year's Premier League trophy to Hendo and the players hand their medals to our lads. Imagine if that were to happen? If we then win the Premier League this season, it wouldn't just be blue moon going into meltdown.

That should happen, but the English FA will as usual do FA even though they have a side who have in effect cheated to win trophies and cheated every other team in the Premier League and every other team in the Carabao and FA Cups

Guardiola will leave for Juventus this summer and there will be a fire sale of City players, without the revenue from Champions League and with UEFA on their case re FFP and the ways in which they have been circumventing complying with it, there is no way on this earth they can keep those players and pay their wages and be in compliance with FFP and many may look to leave for Chammpions League football, 2 seasons is a long time in a footballers career when they're at, approaching or in the middle of their peak and players will be being sold around them

Femmefootyfan
14th February 2020, 08:51 PM
I hate that City shower. Somebody on Blue Loon has actually posted "Ye and them Scouse C**ts only got 3 more years for killing loads of Italians. They're a paranoid, nasty shitty little fan base and I hope they appeal........and then get their ban and fine doubled!!!

justme
14th February 2020, 08:53 PM
I hate that City shower. Somebody on Blue Loon has actually posted "Ye and them Scouse C**ts only got 3 more years for killing loads of Italians. They're a paranoid, nasty shitty little fan base and I hope they appeal........and then get their ban and fine doubled!!!

They are sickening bunch of shit bags

eggy81
14th February 2020, 08:54 PM

Theres a hive mental condition on that board. If these lads behaved anything like they talk on that forum in real life they be sectioned.. it makes astonishing reading at times.

skyebo
14th February 2020, 08:56 PM
What action the FA take? They have been banned because they have failed to comply with FFP AND have, put basically, lied about it.

This means that during the seasons this spending that saw them hugely breach FFP fair play rules all other sides were complying with, they have effectively enjoyed an advantage in signing and paying the wages of players they couldn't otherwise have had at the club.

I think the FA should impose retrospective action, docking them 12 points from their totals for each of the last 2 seasons and 12 points for each of the next 2 seasons, they have effectively won those trophies by cheating. A special ceremony should be arranged where 'the cheats' have to come to Anfield and hand last year's Premier League trophy to Hendo and the players hand their medals to our lads. Imagine if that were to happen? If we then win the Premier League this season, it wouldn't just be blue moon going into meltdown.

That should happen, but the English FA will as usual do FA even though they have a side who have in effect cheated to win trophies and cheated every other team in the Premier League and every other team in the Carabao and FA Cups

Guardiola will leave for Juventus this summer and there will be a fire sale of City players, without the revenue from Champions League and with UEFA on their case re FFP and the ways in which they have been circumventing complying with it, there is no way on this earth they can keep those players and pay their wages and be in compliance with FFP and many may look to leave for Chammpions League football, 2 seasons is a long time in a footballers career when they're at, approaching or in the middle of their peak and players will be being sold around them

Given how much the club's worth, missing out for 2 seasons won't affect their finances that much. What it may do is prevent certain players from wanting to sign for them, though i'll believe the ban if and when it happens.

Femmefootyfan
14th February 2020, 08:57 PM
Theres a hive mental condition on that board. If these lads behaved anything like they talk on that forum in real life they be sectioned.. it makes astonishing reading at times.

I couldn't agree more Eggy. The level of paranoia is actually quite frightening.

southernboy
14th February 2020, 09:02 PM
Manchester City banned from Champions League for two seasons by Uefa

Can’t wait to read blue loon later tonight

Our fault no doubt.

eggy81
14th February 2020, 09:04 PM
Our fault no doubt.
Us and the rags. That forum is an embarrassment to them.

Aldo1988
14th February 2020, 09:05 PM
Anyone could see what they were doing with their dodgy sponsorship deals.

The biggest losers are us, this should be number 20 we're going for not 19.

c*nts.

I thought the same thing. The cheating pricks won the league last year when being investigated.

Balinkay
14th February 2020, 09:06 PM
How can they actually deny the claims though? there seems to be a lot of damaging proof, even if it was hacked to get it, it's out there now.

Appeals are fine and just, but the punishment should be doubled if you lose.

The proof might be inadmissible? I dunno, but I'm fairly certain that there's a way to squirm your way out of anything, legally speaking.

And they'll throw several hundred million at their attorneys to find it.

LEGS
14th February 2020, 09:07 PM
The bloke on the BBC Stone is saying "Man City strongly deny this"

No sh*t sherlock of course they do they got fined £50m in 2014 so it isnt a first team offence.

I think they will probably get 1 year maximum as they will have top lawyers and plenty of $$$$ to swing it.

Nineteenx
14th February 2020, 09:10 PM
I've started the twitter conversation with the FA, SSN, BT Sport, Talksport and the Premier League, they surely MUST impose retrospective sanctions on City, as in the last 2 seasons they effectively cheated every other UK team involved in all the domestic competitions through gross non-compliance with FFP

Blue Looney Mooney and Filth Cafe would go into absolute meltdown if they retrospectively docked them 12 points for each of the last 2 seasons and stripped them of their Carabao and FA Cups and last season's Premier League, I don't expect the FA to do FA or the Premier League, but it's pretty cut and dried that they won all those domestic titles through cheating all the other clubs who were complying with FFP

southernboy
14th February 2020, 09:11 PM
PSG next hopefully. No way does the money they’ve spent come from footballing activities.

RedNoodle
14th February 2020, 09:12 PM
I just heard the news. My response to it is "good!!!" and "about bloody time!!!".

Everybody knew/knows they are as bent as a nine bob note. Already I've heard those connected to the club "refusing" to accept any wrongdoing. I can't say I'm surprised.

RedNoodle
14th February 2020, 09:14 PM
I've started the twitter conversation with the FA, SSN, BT Sport, Talksport and the Premier League, they surely MUST impose retrospective sanctions on City, as in the last 2 seasons they effectively cheated every other UK team involved in all the domestic competitions through gross non-compliance with FFP

Blue Looney Mooney and Filth Cafe would go into absolute meltdown if they retrospectively docked them 12 points for each of the last 2 seasons and stripped them of their Carabao and FA Cups and last season's Premier League, I don't expect the FA to do FA or the Premier League, but it's pretty cut and dried that they won all those domestic titles through cheating all the other clubs who were complying with FFP

They should be stripped of all the titles they've 'won' since they were taken over, but they won't be, namely because the FA are a spineless bunch who I would not be surprised if they were also 'less than sound'.

Nineteenx
14th February 2020, 09:16 PM
Given how much the club's worth, missing out for 2 seasons won't affect their finances that much. What it may do is prevent certain players from wanting to sign for them, though i'll believe the ban if and when it happens.

The point of the ban is that they have been falsifying their worth, sponsorship that's actually paid by their clubs owners, image rights company owned by their club's owners that is paying a substantial amount of their players wages and more alleged income to the club, both of these being thing that breach FFP rules. These are just a couple of the ways they're circumventing FFP ergo, when they have to put honest income figures together that are minus genuine sponsor bonus payments for Champions League participation and minus prize money and TV money and have to declare their genuine player wages, they WILL NOT be able to keep their current players on their current wages, they will automatically be in breach of FFP, they'll HAVE to sell players

Nineteenx
14th February 2020, 09:21 PM
TWO seasons TWO SEASONS! ! !

https://media.giphy.com/media/kdiLf3LHFIubA6vDC1/giphy.gif

skyebo
14th February 2020, 09:21 PM
They should be stripped of all the titles they've 'won' since they were taken over, but they won't be, namely because the FA are a spineless bunch who I would not be surprised if they were also 'less than sound'.

It's their finances that are being scrutinised, they haven't done anything wrong ON the pitch, apart from win more trophies than anyone else in the last few years. Let's face it, if this was Man Utd getting a ban, no-one would bother as they haven't stopped us from winning the title twice in 5 years.

toneata
14th February 2020, 09:22 PM
Pep, how many seasons without CL football?

EDIT, well done 19, beat me to it...............still a goodun.

Nineteenx
14th February 2020, 09:27 PM
It's their finances that are being scrutinised, they haven't done anything wrong ON the pitch, apart from win more trophies than anyone else in the last few years. Let's face it, if this was Man Utd getting a ban, no-one would bother as they haven't stopped us from winning the title twice in 5 years.

Ahem, the point is that the Premier League and FA are supposed to be working with UEFA and also act against clubs who breach FFP, this is a case that has been exposed as a severe breach and having lied to the authorities about their finances and gone to incredible lengths to lie to authorities about it.

Or course it relates to what they have done on the pitch, they have had the players they put out and the depth of squad to compete for all domestic trophies by virtue of severe non compliance with FFP at the expense of all the other sides in those competitions that have been complying with FFP, it is in effect cheating, they've cheated every side in every one of those competitions

RedNoodle
14th February 2020, 09:32 PM

What they have/had 'on the pitch' has been directly financed by what has gone on 'off the pitch'. They are undeniably linked, ergo those trophies were won illegally and therefore they should be stripped of them.

ianlfc
14th February 2020, 09:35 PM
I'll believe it when I see it.

RedNoodle
14th February 2020, 09:36 PM
Apparently the CAS have not be known to overturn decisions/rulings made by sport governing bodies. With that being the case if City do successfully appeal (even if just a reduction) I'd say that more underhand shenanigans may well have taken place.

Nineteenx
14th February 2020, 09:38 PM
What they have/had 'on the pitch' has been directly financed by what has gone on 'off the pitch'. They are undeniably linked, ergo those trophies were won illegally and therefore they should be stripped of them.

I agree, I think this case is more severe because having previously been fined for breaches of FFP rules in 2014 they have gone to extensive depths to try and circumvent FFP and lie to the relevant authorities about their finances in the past 2 seasons and it is those seasons they should face stiff sanctions from the FA and Premier League for. I think they should be docked 12 points from their 17-18 and 18-19 Premier League totals, be stripped of both domestic Cups in those seasons and be relegated to the Championship for their gross financial irregularities

RedNoodle
14th February 2020, 09:59 PM
My word they are a truly unhinged, vile bunch on blue loon. Some of the stuff they are coming out with is remarkable.

We are mentioned in what seems at least 50% of the posts about todays decision. Apparently we are as bad as them because a 'sponsor' (not our owners) were found to be up to no good, us and the Red Mancs are responsible for today's decision - one "designed to destroy a top 'class' club, and 'football' (but not them) is crooked and corrupt as anything.

All that was in the space of one page on the relevant thread.

They really are the most self unaware, deranged bunch of 'people' (I have my doubts) I have ever come across.

Nineteenx
14th February 2020, 10:03 PM
Premier League FFP rules state if a club makes losses in excess of 105m they face sanctions including points deductions, so that lends the question and surely a Premier League investigation co-ordinating with UEFA to discover what the extent of City's losses were for those 2 seasons with the false accounting to circumvent FFP removed

So we're looking at around 50m in alleged sponsorship that was actually paid by the club owners not the alleged sponsors and millions paid to UAE FC for image rights by the fake image rights company set up to further falsely inflate their income, PLUS the millions in player wages taken off their FFP books by the alleged image rights companies paying large sums of their wages.

Pretty sure the combined transgressions will amount to them actually have been over 105m in the red in FFP terms

Taksin
14th February 2020, 10:04 PM
I think they should... be relegated to the Championship for their gross financial irregularities

seconded

RedNoodle
14th February 2020, 10:12 PM
They should be (metaphorically) 'killed with fire'.

eggy81
14th February 2020, 10:16 PM
Blue Til Death

As far as I'm aware we have been debt free for a number of years now...
We are nothing like the business model of PSG but we get lumped in with them because it keeps the City negativity thing going .... I would wager that there is not another club on the planet better run than ours as far as the business model and finances go....

One of the mildercposte on there but fuck me the delusion is strong there. They think they are literally going to fuck up football ,as if any other club gives a tupenny fuck about them.

ianlfc
14th February 2020, 10:19 PM
Is this all from dodgy sponsorship deals involving companies owned by their Abu dabi owners ?

miller0863
14th February 2020, 10:23 PM
No other club on the planet better run ?!? We are about to be Premier League Champions, European Champions, Super Cup winners and World Club Champions all in the same year, while spending less than Everton ffs.

Nineteenx
14th February 2020, 10:26 PM
Is this all from dodgy sponsorship deals involving companies owned by their Abu dabi owners ?

It is dodgy sponsorship with the owners putting the money in rather than the alleged sponsors

It is also from another 20-30m they allege to receive from an image rights company, which also takes 30 plus million off their wage bill by paying players for their image rights, when it's all a complete sham and another company owned by their owner created to circumvent FFP

Again, I'd estimate that if The Premier League were to co-ordinate with UEFA re the extent of breaches of the rules for the owners to pump more money into the club, that UAE FC would have a Premier League FFP deficit greater than the 105m allowed before sanctions, including points deductions are imposed

eggy81
14th February 2020, 10:26 PM
Ha ha. Sky now reporting that the premier league are considering a points deduction. Make it 50 there lads.

RedNoodle
14th February 2020, 10:27 PM
Ha ha. Sky now reporting that the premier league are considering a points deduction. Make it 50 there lads.

It should involve all the seasons under the current owners, but it won't.

ianlfc
14th February 2020, 10:29 PM
It is dodgy sponsorship with the owners putting the money in rather than the alleged sponsors

It is also from another 20-30m they allege to receive from an image rights company, which also takes 30 plus million off their wage bill by paying players for their image rights, when it's all a complete sham and another company owned by their owner created to circumvent FFP

Again, I'd estimate that if The Premier League were to co-ordinate with UEFA re the extent of breaches of the rules for the owners to pump more money into the club, that UAE FC would have a Premier League FFP deficit greater than the 105m allowed before sanctions, including points deductions are imposed

At the time everyone though it sounded dodgy as fuck. How the hell they thought they would get away with it is beyond me.

If it were me, I'd strip them of last seasons premier league! !

Nineteenx
14th February 2020, 10:30 PM

They should, they have cheated all the other teams in the competition by circumventing FFP The FA should also move to strip them of their Carabao and FA Cup wins of the last 2 seasons also.

The Premier League points deductions should be from the 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 seasons because their FFP breaches allowed them to cheat all the other clubs in the competition as they would not have been able to have signed the depth of quality squad on the wages they were paying in either year had they not been guilty of dishonest accounting

dicko1969
14th February 2020, 10:31 PM
Didnt city put through half their wages for the club through a 3rd party.

I cant remember the ins and outs

Something like £200m through the correct channels and £200m through another way which didnt show up on their books.

Can anyone confirm this.

Balinkay
14th February 2020, 10:32 PM

But for next season please. :D

southernboy
14th February 2020, 10:33 PM
It should involve all the seasons under the current owners, but it won't.

Exactly. A points deduction this season is pretty meaningless... last season on other hand. :love_heart:

Balinkay
At the time everyone though it sounded dodgy as fuck. How the hell they thought they would get away with it is beyond me.

They still very much might.

Nineteenx

If it were me, I'd strip them of last seasons premier league! !

I completely agree, they effectively cheated all the other clubs who were playing by the rules, they should dock them 12 points for both the 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 seasons. They should also be burnt at the stake (metaphorically) :D

dicko1969
14th February 2020, 10:34 PM

Retrospective?

skyebo
14th February 2020, 10:38 PM
Exactly. A points deduction this season is pretty meaningless... last season on other hand. :love_heart:

It's not meaningless to the clubs chasing a champions league spot.

Nineteenx
14th February 2020, 10:39 PM
Retrospective?

Absolutely should be Dicko, no point in giving them one next season, in 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 when these financial irregularities occurred they benefitted from them with the additional top quality players they had in their squad and on the pitch, effectively cheating every other team in the league

Nineteenx
14th February 2020, 10:40 PM
It's not meaningless to the clubs chasing a champions league spot.

Of course it is because where they finish doesn't count for qualification for any European competition

dicko1969
14th February 2020, 10:41 PM
Similar to Saracens
Arent Exeter a bit upset?

ianlfc
14th February 2020, 10:41 PM
They still very much might.

Leeds got deducted 15 points back in 2007 so the English FA have done it before.
Though I agree with you as I said before I'll believe it when I see it. Saying that the 5th place this season could get the Champions league spot so they'll have to make a final decision pretty quickly. And there's no point fining them as money means nothing to them when you have a bottomless pit. Unless the people at the FA are looking a bumper Christmas bonus.

RedNoodle
14th February 2020, 10:43 PM

Something like £200m through the correct channels and £200m through another way which didnt show up on their books.

Can anyone confirm this.

That is what many have rumoured to be the case. Apparently a lot of their best players are having their wages 'topped up' via a number of sources 'off the books'.

skyebo
Of course it is because where they finish doesn't count for qualification for any European competition

It will count, if the ban gets overturned.

ianlfc
I completely agree, they effectively cheated all the other clubs who were playing by the rules, they should dock them 12 points for both the 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 seasons. They should also be burnt at the stake (metaphorically) :D

We could be lifting 2 premier league trophies in May !!

dicko1969
14th February 2020, 10:44 PM
Man u get no21

Nineteenx
14th February 2020, 10:46 PM

Can anyone confirm this.

Yep, I had it as less than that, but with that 200m and about 80m of dodgy sonsorship that puts them a LONG way past the Premier League's 105m deficit threshold for 2016-2019 so they should retrospecitvely dock them 12 points for each season

Aldo1988
14th February 2020, 10:48 PM
I hope now everyone who moaned about the owners not spunking all our money away on players will appreciate why they haven't done it and chose to invest into the structure of the club after this.

southernboy
14th February 2020, 10:49 PM

T’internet will officially break.

Nineteenx
14th February 2020, 10:52 PM

The internet really would break :D :D :D

Aldo1988
14th February 2020, 10:53 PM

We were so good we won it twice.

Nineteenx
14th February 2020, 10:54 PM
Man u get no21

Not if points deductions are for 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 they finished 21 points ahead of the filthy in 17/18, they won't deduct UAE FC 21 points, it would be 9 or 12 or 15 at the very most I expect

eggy81
14th February 2020, 10:54 PM
Have to say on the whole I don't really agree with ffp. It does protect the already established legacy clubs and makes it difficult for traditionally smaller clubs to ever harbour serious ambitions of becoming a regular winner.

But on this occasion and the absolute state of that fan base couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of cunts.

eggy81
14th February 2020, 10:55 PM
Not if points deductions are for 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 they finished 21 points ahead of the filthy in 17/18, they won't deduct UAE FC 21 points, it would be 9 or 12 or 15 at the very most I expect

I think a saracens level punishment could be on the cards. Cant see any retrospective punishment happening.

Nineteenx
14th February 2020, 11:00 PM

IF and that's a big IF the Premier League do act accordingly as without the fiddling of the books UAE FC were well beyond their 105m maximum spending deficit in 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 and retrospectively dock them 9-15 points for both those seasons, making us last season's Premier League winners it would only be fit and proper that an appropriate shaming ceremony were arranged with their players involved returning their medals and the trophy and standing there looking forlorn and to get the appropriate humiliation at a packed Anfield

RedNoodle
14th February 2020, 11:02 PM
Have to say on the whole I don't really agree with ffp. It does protect the already established legacy clubs and makes it difficult for traditionally smaller clubs to ever harbour serious ambitions of becoming a regular winner.

But on this occasion and the absolute state of that fan base couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of cunts.

The thing is the 'regular winners' or at least most of them (in this country anyway) didn't just click their fingers and become serial winners overnight. They built themselves up over time, something that other clubs can still do. Yes it might be a bit harder in this day and age, but there is a big difference between a club being given 'a helping hand' and 'being bankrolled'. The latter should never be allowed.

Nineteenx
14th February 2020, 11:04 PM
I think a saracens level punishment could be on the cards. Cant see any retrospective punishment happening.

I surely HAS to be retrospective punishment, they benefited on the pitch in 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 from having the players they were able to add as a result of cheating FFP and cheating every other club in the league in the process, so punish them next season when they're no longer in breach and to hell with all the clubs they cheated? That would be very fucked up

ianlfc
14th February 2020, 11:11 PM
IF and that's a big IF the Premier League do act accordingly as without the fiddling of the books UAE FC were well beyond their 105m maximum spending deficit in 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 and retrospectively dock them 9-15 points for both those seasons, making us last season's Premier League winners it would only be fit and proper that an appropriate shaming ceremony were arranged with their players involved returning their medals and the trophy and standing there looking forlorn and to get the appropriate humiliation at a packed Anfield

That sounds fair enough 😂😂

Nineteenx
14th February 2020, 11:26 PM
Nothing will happen retrospectively, it is funny to speculate :D :D :D but I don't see it, also the allegations are from 2012-2016

So it seems UEFA need to open further investigations as they spent 260m on 7 players in 2017-2018 and another 50m on their wages, there is no way at all without fiddling the books they could spend a further 260m plus an additional 50m on wages and comply with FFP no fucking way

miller0863
14th February 2020, 11:30 PM
Poll on SSN has 81% in agreement with UEFA’s actions and just the City fans totalling 19% against.

What a bunch of one eyed self unaware morons. Playing to a different set of rules to the rest of us but that doesn’t mean they’ve been cheating according to them.

Fuckin loons.

Balinkay
14th February 2020, 11:39 PM
Poll on SSN has 81% in agreement with UEFA’s actions and just the City fans totalling 19% against.

What a bunch of one eyed self unaware morons. Playing to a different set of rules to the rest of us but that doesn’t mean they’ve been cheating according to them.

Fuckin loons.

They're insane, if their online presence is anything to go by.

BlueLoon Tonight is generally hilarious, but is on special form tonight.

Nineteenx
14th February 2020, 11:49 PM
UAE FC don't have the number of legitimate sponsors or partners we have, most of their alleged deals are mostly paid for by their owners. The image rights company which they set up more recently that pays up to half of some players wages and pays them an extra 30-50m as alleged income is also owned by their owner and another bogus method of falsely inflating their income and taking their obscene player wages off the books

UEFA need to get right on top of this and thoroughly investigate it as they've been inventing further ways to circumvent FFP since the 2012-2016 allegations

RedNoodle
14th February 2020, 11:52 PM
They're insane, if their online presence is anything to go by.

BlueLoon Tonight is generally hilarious, but is on special form tonight.

I could only manage a couple of pages.

On the radio and TV they are trying to justify/deny Man City's actions. You've got the likes of McManaman on TV and the twadges on TalkCrud talking about "what they've done for the local community" or calling UEFA ' judge, jury and executioner' ignoring that it will be going to CAS, and also saying that Guardiola isn't the type of manager to walk away from a challenge.

Do these people understand what they are saying, or are they just thick and/or have no shame when it comes to defending the indefensible?

Nineteenx
14th February 2020, 11:52 PM
Overall, I don't care about the last few seasons, I don't think they'll face retrospective action, I'm just glad they have belatedly got what they deserved. The football league rules see any team caught of such transgressions be relegated to the second division and have to start again, THAT would be absolutely fucking hilarious :D :D :D

Balinkay
14th February 2020, 11:54 PM

On the radio and TV they are trying to justify/deny Man City's actions. You've got the likes of McManaman on TV and the twadges on TalkCrud talking about "what they've done for the local community" or calling UEFA ' judge, jury and executioner' ignoring that it will be going to CAS, and also saying that Guardiola isn't the type of manager to walk away from a challenge.

Do these people understand what they are saying, or are they just thick and/or have no shame when it comes to defending the indefensible?

They're probably just idiots Noods.

Nineteenx
14th February 2020, 11:54 PM

Guardiola will leave for Juventus this summer, Aguero, Bernado Silva and Ederson will follow him, Guardiola will cite the club misleading him and a break down of trust as his reasons, when really he'll just be running scared of the Jurgenator

teesred
15th February 2020, 12:08 AM
Guardiola will leave for Juventus this summer, Aguero, Bernado Silva and Ederson will follow him, Guardiola will cite the club misleading him and a break down of trust as his reasons, when really he'll just be running scared of the Jurgenator

Yep. And they'll go back in their box. Tin pot shower of a nothing club.

LEGS
15th February 2020, 12:18 AM
What I cant get my head around is why havent our media been all over this for a few years ? Mmmm $$$$$ to keep quiet possibly !

They wont serve 2 years im certain of that and it wouldnt shock me if they got a bigger fine and suspended sentence.

The bloke on sky just said someone told him City will get it over turned...he said why and the answer was they have more money than UEFA.

Its been obvious for years how does a club who do not have much of a global fanbase compared to us/Utd start to get better deals from sponsors etc.

Nineteenx
15th February 2020, 12:21 AM
Yep. And they'll go back in their box. Tin pot shower of a nothing club.

Yep

I really want to know what UEFA are doing about investigating UAE FC's FFP submissions over the last few seasons, if they suspect foul play but obviously don't have the hacked information as they did for the current case surely because of the money involved in fiddling their FFP returns to be allowed into UEFA competition at another club's expense who are playing by the rules it amounts to a criminal case of fraud and UEFA could involve the police citing that they suspect fraud based on previous behaviour and ask the fraud office to investigate their accounts and the accounts of alleged sponsors and image rights companies to ascertain whether or not UAE FC's owners are STILL pumping money into the club in a backhanded way

Edit: In fact, I might lodge a complaint of this nature with the fraud office myself, I already lodged one about the image rights company to the tax office and whether or not any City players were receiving payments into offshore accounts they weren't declaring as happened with Mancini :D :D

Nineteenx
15th February 2020, 12:33 AM
It really should be a matter for criminal prosecution, it really should, when you consider the incredible money to be made from Champions League football, all clubs are businesses, if a business is undertaking fraudulent activity to gain and advantage on all it's competitors as it seems UAE FC definitely are, and that fraudulent activity is allowing them entry into the Champions League and denying another club entry, then that is a really serious act of fraud worth 150m plus

Steveo
15th February 2020, 01:07 AM
What I cant get my head around is why havent our media been all over this for a few years ? Mmmm $$$$$ to keep quiet possibly !

They wont serve 2 years im certain of that and it wouldnt shock me if they got a bigger fine and suspended sentence.

The bloke on sky just said someone told him City will get it over turned...he said why and the answer was they have more money than UEFA.

Its been obvious for years how does a club who do not have much of a global fanbase compared to us/Utd start to get better deals from sponsors etc.

Because Britain is as bent a system as there is. Financial corruption is ingrained within the establishment. Unlike Italy where
It is overt and unmasked - here it is far more sophisticated. The Petrodollar has such a powerful sway here - it has propped up governments and is actively doing so right now.

Investigations into financial irregularities are extremely noticeable by their absence on these shores - let’s face it - Britain is nothing much other than a haven for barely regulated banking - this is the place to wash your money. Newcastle look likely to be next in line.. If you expect the media in the UK to be anything other than part of the same rotten system you are going to be disappointed. This is a floating TAX haven for the super rich - and utterly dependent on huge cash injection from the gulf. It will be a very brave editor who is willing to expose it though.

End of rant..

Insidious
15th February 2020, 02:46 AM

We'll take De Bruyne.

Thanks.

Joetan991
15th February 2020, 02:50 AM
Should take back what they won in euro from 2012 to 2016. But wait, did they win anything in Europe yet ?

Insidious
15th February 2020, 02:52 AM
Should take back what they won in euro from 2012 to 2016. But wait, did they win anything in Europe yet ?

Hopefully Real Madrid ensure that they don't.

Though the script suggests a date with destiny awaits with ourselves being involved at this rate.

Joetan991
15th February 2020, 02:56 AM
We were so good we won it twice. is FFA apply to local league ? FA apply this ?

RedNoodle
15th February 2020, 03:24 AM
is FFA apply to local league ? FA apply this ?

You mean FFP. The FA have their own financial rules which aren't as stringent at UEFA's. However given the scope of Man City's misdemeanors I don't see how they wouldn't have breached the PL's financial rules. Even so I wouldn't expect the FA to do anything as they are both spineless and not particularly 'trustworthy '.

RedNoodle
15th February 2020, 03:50 AM
Even at 2:30 am there is a rabid 70 y/o City fan on the radio who had phoned the station in response to a Liverpool fan who said that we earn our money via having a huge fan base that we've built up over many years. He said "for seventeen years we've had a bigger attendance than Liverpool" neglecting to add that they've had a bigger stadium. He's also currently saying that everyone's got an agenda against City and that they are no different to clubs like Leeds who have spent big in the past.

He's now saying that nothing was said about Abramovich when he took over Chelsea or about Real Madrid being 'helped' by the Spanish Government.

This guy sums up Man City's fan base to a tee. He's now going off again about City having had a bigger average attendance than us for seventeen years, only to be told that for a number of those years that wasn't the case. Ahhh Man City fans. They sure do love a good rant and conspiracy theory when it comes to their club and how they are viewed/treated, both of which come at the expense of actual facts.

dicko1969
15th February 2020, 03:59 AM
Where's statman Gaz?

RedNoodle
15th February 2020, 04:05 AM
Where's statman Gaz?

Crying in a corner somewhere inbetween ranting at anyone who comes near him.

justme
15th February 2020, 04:23 AM
Even at 2:30 am there is a rabid 70 y/o City fan on the radio who had phoned the station in response to a Liverpool fan who said that we earn our money via having a huge fan base that we've built up over many years. He said "for seventeen years we've had a bigger attendance than Liverpool" neglecting to add that they've had a bigger stadium. He's also currently saying that everyone's got an agenda against City and that they are no different to clubs like Leeds who have spent big in the past.

He's now saying that nothing was said about Abramovich when he took over Chelsea or about Real Madrid being 'helped' by the Spanish Government.

This guy sums up Man City's fan base to a tee. He's now going off again about City having had a bigger average attendance than us for seventeen years, only to be told that for a number of those years that wasn't the case. Ahhh Man City fans. They sure do love a good rant and conspiracy theory when it comes to their club and how they are viewed/treated, both of which come at the expense of actual facts.

When Abramovich came in, there was no such thing as FFP.. They are a deluded bunch.

Nineteenx
15th February 2020, 04:31 AM
Well, let them stew in their own juices, Steveo's right about corruption, it's no surprise there hasn't been a criminal investigation into their activities, what they have been doing is essentially fraud, but the UK has been run by governments who really don't care about that. Look at the last election, purdah was entirely disrespected, no action from ofcom, there were very strong allegations of electoral fraud, not investigated, Raab and Laura K spoke about very positive postal votes for the Tories which was a breach of electoral law and pointed to postal vote electoral fraud on a mass scale highly likely having taken place, nobody did a damn thing, the UK is as bent as nations come.

People with a lot of money get to do what the fuck they like in the UK and as long as they're throwing a few suitcases of it in the right direction they're free to carry on exactly as they please.

Jurgen, our lads and all our staff continually working as hard as they have and continue to, to elevate themselves and our club above such a hugely financially doped outfit is absolutely amazing.

Nineteenx
15th February 2020, 04:38 AM

:D :D :D

justme
15th February 2020, 04:50 AM
Just read this and someone's response to it made me laugh

This could open a door for United. Things starts to look brighter for the reds of Manchester.

Salford City will win the Premiership before United.

Joetan991
15th February 2020, 07:01 AM
The whole system is a fault, is wasn't football leaks in 2018, man city will not be published.

LFC vs PFC
15th February 2020, 09:15 AM
If this puts City away for the next few seasons, we may well have complete dominance in the league for a while yet.
They are the only team anywhere near us on the pitch.
Bring on no.25

LFC vs PFC
15th February 2020, 09:29 AM
Also, why is the fine only 25?

From their 49 million fine last time 32m of that was suspended, so surely that gets added to this one?

Balinkay
15th February 2020, 09:30 AM

This could open a door for United. Things starts to look brighter for the reds of Manchester.

Don't underestimate them. It's not so long ago we were staring Mignolet, Allen and Borini.

Taksin
15th February 2020, 10:08 AM
I have mixed feelings about this ruling. UEFA are a far more corrupt organisation than Man City. They ruin the Champions League final every year with their tickets for the boys policy. This year we are back off to the Attaturk again, for political reasons, a terrible stadium with a running track around it. Lest year they had Chelsea and Arsenal fans flying off to Uzbekistan or wherever it was.

The money at Man City has at least been spent on creating great football. There is something that seems unfair about them having so more to spend than us but this year we have shown that money isn't everything.

What's more, they have broken the hegemony of the top four teams, something that would not have happened with the FFP ruling. Imagine you bought a team like West Brom and wanted to improve them - shouldn't you be allowed to plow some money into the club? Doesn't this ruling just squeeze that hope from lesser clubs? Wouldn't it be better for football if someone bought say Valencia or Sevilla and tried to get them up to challenge the big two? I can see how UEFA appear to lesser clubs to be keeping the already rich clubs rich and keeping the lesser clubs poor - the Pareto distribution in nature means that that will only become more entrenched. What chance have West Brom got of ever having success in Europe?

The entire world of modern business is based on fund investing to improve the fortunes of a good product so this restriction is a major interference in the market by men that don't deserve much respect when it comes to improving the product.

That said, rules is rules so if you break them, justice must be done. And I will enjoy their misery as much as the next man.

teesred
15th February 2020, 10:17 AM
Good points Taksin. City seem to have gone a bit further though, maybe just being too greedy and that's possibly why UEFA have thrown the book at them. They don't have the clout of the big clubs, it's difficult to see UEFA doing this to say Real or Barca, if they did they'd be biting the hand that feeds them. City aren't in that category so UEFA can use them to set an example. PSG should be next.

Balinkay
15th February 2020, 10:25 AM
@Taksin what about Tottenham? They've demonstrated wonderfully that you can compete with the top four with some good investment, luck and shrewd transfers.

Insidious
15th February 2020, 10:44 AM

I should probably take this tangent of discussion to the "Demise" thread (and indeed probably after this post will so as not to derail this discussion too much) but when we chat about things relevant to United "coming back" for example, a common parameter should be worked out.

I don't think anyone fears them winning 13 titles in 18 years any time soon. But I think them finishing Top Four once, investing, finishing Top Four again, stabilising a little and becoming a regular Top Four side again (like Spurs were for a prolonged period) is entirely possible.

Spurs, much as it's fun to mock them, got to a Champion's League Final. I don't want the Mancs anywhere near any type of European Cup Final (their Europa League consistency keeps their co-efficient good) or having any long runs in Europe or any Top Four finishes really - as it only takes the one to open a door to stabilisation.

Taksin
15th February 2020, 11:53 AM
@Taksin what about Tottenham? They've demonstrated wonderfully that you can compete with the top four with some good investment, luck and shrewd transfers.

They’ve never been small like West Brom, more of a slow burn. And I’m not sure how they’ve financed the stadium - loans I’d hazard a guess. Loans put the club in debt so presumably that keeps FFP happy in one way or another.

Although, should it? If you borrow money you are overspending just as you are if your mate gives it to you. Have FFP rules constrained Tottenham’s investment in players? If so that would be a terrible thing to do to a club that just invested heavily in its infrastructure - constrain its ability to compete and pay off the loan.

Football is one of the very few pure free market industries around. We all want to be free to create the most successful club we can. Why should a bunch of remote, money draining old wankers have the right to limit our progress? Only if they are genuinely helping the sport as a whole, which is highly questionable.

miller0863
15th February 2020, 12:12 PM
I really think we should be a little more charitable about this situation. They may now have one or two looking for a way out and we should help them move on, any Liverpool fans in their ranks. So we need to take all on the list below.

List of Liverpool fans among Manchester City’s ranks :

1. Kevin De Bruyne.

That is all.

Balinkay
15th February 2020, 12:31 PM
They’ve never been small like West Brom, more of a slow burn. And I’m not sure how they’ve financed the stadium - loans I’d hazard a guess. Loans put the club in debt so presumably that keeps FFP happy in one way or another.

Although, should it? If you borrow money you are overspending just as you are if your mate gives it to you. Have FFP rules constrained Tottenham’s investment in players? If so that would be a terrible thing to do to a club that just invested heavily in its infrastructure - constrain its ability to compete and pay off the loan.

Football is one of the very few pure free market industries around. We all want to be free to create the most successful club we can. Why should a bunch of remote, money draining old wankers have the right to limit our progress? Only if they are genuinely helping the sport as a whole, which is highly questionable.

The point of FFP wasn't to stop City and PSG from pumping insane amounts of money into their clubs. It was to stop the Anzhis and Monacos of this world - teams overspending in a way that puts them at risk of collapse. E.g. funding your stadium with bad loans and overspending on players in a desperate bid to repay your gamble.

Hence I'd assume creating too much debt is against the rules of FFP, though I'm not an expert. If only n4c were still around...

On the not small bit - were Man City small by that definition? I'm too young to have much of an overview.

ianlfc
15th February 2020, 12:57 PM
I really think we should be a little more charitable about this situation. They may now have one or two looking for a way out and we should help them move on, any Liverpool fans in their ranks. So we need to take all on the list below.

1. Kevin De Bruyne.

That is all.

I'd have him over Mbappe any day. We sold them Sterling so at least there has been movement of players between the club's before.

Taksin
15th February 2020, 01:01 PM
The point of FFP wasn't to stop City and PSG from pumping insane amounts of money into their clubs. It was to stop the Anzhis and Monacos of this world - teams overspending in a way that puts them at risk of collapse. E.g. funding your stadium with bad loans and overspending on players in a desperate bid to repay your gamble.

Hence I'd assume creating too much debt is against the rules of FFP, though I'm not an expert. If only n4c were still around...

On the not small bit - were Man City small by that definition? I'm too young to have much of an overview.

They were in long term decline. They benefitted from not only the Arab ownership but they were given the brand new stadium by the city after the commonwealth games. Before that they were a long term laughing stock. Even their fans used to laugh at how bad they were. They had recently been down to the third division if memory serves me.

I’m not sure if FFP was safeguarding bankruptcy as you say - happy to be proven wrong. I think there’s are new anti - bankruptcy rules and regulations but FFP was introduced as some attempt to stop teams getting ahead by investing unfairly. That had to invest only what they earned.

I’d like anyone here to explain exactly what city have been found guilty of. What are the actual numbers and details?

Kev0909
15th February 2020, 01:36 PM
Think spurs will get that 5th spot

Balinkay
15th February 2020, 02:27 PM
They were in long term decline. They benefitted from not only the Arab ownership but they were given the brand new stadium by the city after the commonwealth games. Before that they were a long term laughing stock. Even their fans used to laugh at how bad they were. They had recently been down to the third division if memory serves me.

I’m not sure if FFP was safeguarding bankruptcy as you say - happy to be proven wrong. I think there’s are new anti - bankruptcy rules and regulations but FFP was introduced as some attempt to stop teams getting ahead by investing unfairly. That had to invest only what they earned.

I’d like anyone here to explain exactly what city have been found guilty of. What are the actual numbers and details?

From what I'm seeing on twitter the major issue is that they consciously presented false data to UEFA, not their FFP breaches.

On FFP - it's difficult to say, I agree. The way I understood it was that it was meant to guarantee the financial health of clubs. The side effect of that was that they could no longer be used as richmen's playthings. Could be wrong though. And whether the officially stated mission is the one they had in mind is different matter entirely.

ianlfc
15th February 2020, 02:41 PM
From what I'm seeing on twitter the major issue is that they consciously presented false data to UEFA, not their FFP breaches.

On FFP - it's difficult to say, I agree. The way I understood it was that it was meant to guarantee the financial health of clubs. The side effect of that was that they could no longer be used as richmen's playthings. Could be wrong though. And whether the officially stated mission is the one they had in mind is different matter entirely.

Cheers Bali. I'm trusting you to be on top of this and putting it nice and simply on layman's terms for the likes of me !!

Balinkay
15th February 2020, 02:47 PM
Cheers Bali. I'm trusting you to be on top of this and putting it nice and simply on layman's terms for the likes of me !!

I wouldn't trust me with a fork, but ok. Though tbf <insert joke about current political climate in the UK here>.

Kev0909
15th February 2020, 02:49 PM
Ha man city fans are all up ins arms about uefa and protesting in there game v madrid

then again half of them are clueless and probably only been into football/started supporting them when the arabs took over, if not more than half.

Utter morons, they should be happy they won the league last season the corrupt fucks

what a rotten plastic club, bit like chelsea was too at first.

Taksin
15th February 2020, 02:57 PM

Unintended consequences. It’s possible but doesn’t make sense to me - the clue is in the name. Fair Play. It’s not Financial prudence or safety. There is a balancing of the books but it’s there to stop big spenders distorting the market.

The market value of players is therefore supposed to reflect the distribution of earnings within football, not the influx of money from outside football.

The irony is there were a lot of calls on here for FSG to ‘spend their own money’ in order to catch up with City. Klopp explained at some point that they had to balance the books and couldn’t pull money out of thin air. It’s hard to know what is true and it’s harder to trust that Man City we’re balancing their books.

If they lied, presumably it’s because they were hiding the fact that they brought in unearned money. If so, there must be a rule about the fairness of their earnings. Again, we all know they inflate their sponsorship deal, which basically comes from themselves - ie Dubai- but I’m not sure what the rules are about that. Do they have to demonstrate what market value is?

eggy81
15th February 2020, 02:58 PM
Any club should be allowed spend what the richest club in the division spent the previous year or something to that affect. Has to be some leveller for it to be fair competition.

shminkyred
15th February 2020, 03:13 PM
Might have been mentioned before.....but does this mean that the EPL has to punish them as well?

What about a 2 point deduction for last season to start with?

Balinkay
15th February 2020, 03:18 PM
Unintended consequences. It’s possible but doesn’t make sense to me - the clue is in the name. Fair Play. It’s not Financial prudence or safety. There is a balancing of the books but it’s there to stop big spenders distorting the market.

I don't think it was necessarily unintended, but I'm fairly certain it wasn't marketed as the mission statement of the whole endeavour.

The market value of players is therefore supposed to reflect the distribution of earnings within football, not the influx of money from outside football.

The irony is there were a lot of calls on here for FSG to ‘spend their own money’ in order to catch up with City. Klopp explained at some point that they had to balance the books and couldn’t pull money out of thin air. It’s hard to know what is true and it’s harder to trust that Man City we’re balancing their books.

If they lied, presumably it’s because they were hiding the fact that they brought in unearned money. If so, there must be a rule about the fairness of their earnings. Again, we all know they inflate their sponsorship deal, which basically comes from themselves - ie Dubai- but I’m not sure what the rules are about that. Do they have to demonstrate what market value is?

No clue mate. Maybe the issue is a conflict of interest? I.e. owners using phony deals to funnel money into the club.

RedNoodle
15th February 2020, 04:02 PM
Might have been mentioned before.....but does this mean that the EPL has to punish them as well?

What about a 2 point deduction for last season to start with?

As I told Joetan earlier, the FA have their own financial rules which are a bit less stringent than UEFA's. Despite that it seems unfathomable how Man City would not have also broken these rules. If they have then they should be punished (they really should have all titles they 'won' during the offending period stripped from them), but given the FA's lack of a spine, ineptitude and possible 'self interest', I would be very surprised if any 'meaningful' punishment was handed out to Man City.

Joetan991
15th February 2020, 04:08 PM
So in conclusion,

If u want to play in euro, u need to follow FFP.

But it doesn't apply to EPL.

But also they provided fake financial data to EPL from year 2012-16, they might be punished for that.

Taksin
15th February 2020, 04:22 PM
No clue mate. Maybe the issue is a conflict of interest? I.e. owners using phony deals to funnel money into the club.

That would be the easiest way to police it. No nepotism deals

faridtoxteth
15th February 2020, 04:30 PM
Pundits and media seem to be split over whether this ban will go ahead in its full effect. Some say that UEFA always back down and might just hand them a hefty fine. Others say that the thing is that city went out of their way to try to hide their dodgy dealings and fake sponsorship from UEFA scrutiny, having fallen foul of FFP before. So that is what has really narked UEFa and why many (including me) think the ban might well stand.
One aspect not much talked about.... if you go deep in the Champion's League you can earn up to 150 million. Imagine losing that twice over two years, it will effect how much wages they can pay etc so they might have to offload some of their bigger players.
Not many of their players I would want. Silva, Aguero and Fernandinho nearing the end of their careers. Sterling and Walker utter twats.
However I remember an interview with De Bruyne when he was at Wolfsburg, he said that he was a boyhood Liverpool fan. (Mind you he is already 28 isn't he)

justme
15th February 2020, 04:35 PM
I think the ban will be reduced.Maybe a years expulsion from the champions league. If it ends up being an hefty fine. Uefa will be a bunch of weaklings and not fit for purpose.

Balinkay
15th February 2020, 04:37 PM
I think the ban will be reduced.Maybe a years expulsion from the champions league. If it ends up being an hefty fine. Uefa will be a bunch of weaklings and not fit for purpose.

Hefty fine it is then I guess… :D

Nineteenx
15th February 2020, 04:46 PM
So in conclusion,

If u want to play in euro, u need to follow FFP.

But it doesn't apply to EPL.

But also they provided fake financial data to EPL from year 2012-16, they might be punished for that.

Technically it does, clubs aren't allowed to be more than 105m in deficit of the income they generate, the grey area is whether or not the Premier League permit clubs to achieve this through the bogus methods UAE FC have been using. You would 'think' it should work the same, in which case were the Premier League to work with UEFA AND investigate what UAE FC have been up to in the last couple of years also, they'd have been well over the 105m deficit taking their false sponsorship and image rights out of the equation and putting the wages they've fiddled from their books back into it.

RedNoodle
15th February 2020, 04:51 PM
The issue is that Man City's owners tried to pump their own private equity into the club via a load of false/inflated sponsorship deals. They also refused to cooperate with UEFA's investigation, have already been found guilty of wrongdoing, and all the while have denied ever having done anything wrong.

The letter contained in this tweet (I don't know how to post the actual tweet) shows what has been going on:-

https://mobile.twitter.com/sportingintel/status/1228415842464997377

Balinkay
15th February 2020, 05:04 PM
Hm, sorry, don't quite know how to embed tweets either.

Joetan991
15th February 2020, 05:32 PM
so it actually wrong to spend your own money if u want to play in euro :))

But then they caught nothing until the football leaks in 2018, so they have ''no choice'' but ban man city.

toneata
15th February 2020, 05:34 PM
You can copy the image from twitter...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EQw1rXpXkAA8V5G?format=jpg&name=small

teesred
15th February 2020, 05:45 PM

1. Kevin De Bruyne.

That is all.

Fully agree. Get them out the way for us to have a free run at the league for a few seasons fully enabling us to get back on our "perch". Only fair I think.

teesred
15th February 2020, 05:48 PM
The issue is that Man City's owners tried to pump their own private equity into the club via a load of false/inflated sponsorship deals. They also refused to cooperate with UEFA's investigation, have already been found guilty of wrongdoing, and all the while have denied ever having done anything wrong.

The letter contained in this tweet (I don't know how to post the actual tweet) shows what has been going on:-

https://mobile.twitter.com/sportingintel/status/1228415842464997377

As if the penny has just dropped for some people. It's been obvious for years. The summer before last was when the coffee was smelt for most. 50m each on 2 full backs was when they were so utterly blatant about it and flaunting it. PSG are the same and should be having the book thrown at them too if FFP is to be upheld everywhere.

Martyboy
15th February 2020, 08:41 PM
As if the penny has just dropped for some people. It's been obvious for years. The summer before last was when the coffee was smelt for most. 50m each on 2 full backs was when they were so utterly blatant about it and flaunting it. PSG are the same and should be having the book thrown at them too if FFP is to be upheld everywhere.

Agree 100%....Ultimately City will somehow escape the ban sadly I feel....:cool:

redebreck
15th February 2020, 09:38 PM
Agree 100%....Ultimately City will somehow escape the ban sadly I feel....:cool:
Can't help feeling they will both walk away with a slapped wrist.
UEFA are also corrupt, not sure about FIFA.
Couple of back handers or brown paper bags, whatever is suitable.
I hope I'm wrong, mind!

Nineteenx
15th February 2020, 10:08 PM

In the 2017-2018 season they spent 260m on players and additional wages, UEFA really need to investigate their most recent submissions, they should call the police in to examine their accounts and those of their alleged sponsors for incomings from companies owned by UAE FC's owners. I think what they're doing should be viewed as a criminal offence, because by spending what they do and falsifying accounts to avoid being excluded from Europe, they are taking another club's place and gaining an unfair advantage, which, as football is a huge multi million pound business means through their corrupt behaviour they are depriving other 'businesses' of 100's of millions in earnings. If you did that in any other business you'd be in jail

Nineteenx
15th February 2020, 10:16 PM
Shouldn't the thread title read Man City bummed?

Kev0909
15th February 2020, 10:40 PM
Shouldn't the thread title read Man City bummed?

are you gay?

Nineteenx
15th February 2020, 10:43 PM
are you gay?

No, what a daft question, you do understand you can bum birds too right? And also that some people refer to doing a bird as bumming them, just for badness? And the old "I'm sorry it just slipped in there, oh well, may as well carry on now I'm in balls deep anyway"

teesred
15th February 2020, 10:49 PM
No, what a daft question, you do understand you can bum birds too right? And also that some people refer to doing a bird as bumming them, just for badness? And the old "I'm sorry it just slipped in there, oh well, may as well carry on now I'm in balls deep anyway"

Lolz. Cant beat a bit of sneaky balloon knot action.

Nineteenx
15th February 2020, 11:03 PM
WPkfn4qIXOg

Nineteenx
15th February 2020, 11:15 PM
ET370vhadxk

Martyboy
15th February 2020, 11:25 PM
are you gay?

C'mon Kev bumming aint just for gays ya know!!....Bummed my missus and ex-missus(and other lovely ladies in me past loads of times!!)....Can't beat it mun!!..(Welsh accent coming out there)....:).. The only downside is the occasional bit of sweetcorn on your nudger when you pull him out!!...:triumphant::triumphant::triumphant:

Nineteenx
15th February 2020, 11:31 PM
C'mon Kev bumming aint just for gays ya know!!....Bummed my missus and ex-missus(and other lovely ladies in me past loads of times!!)....Can't beat it mun!!..(Welsh accent coming out there)....:).. The only downside is the occasional bit of sweetcorn on your nudger when you pull him out!!...triumphant::triumphant::triumphant:

LOL you tell him Marty, he's been missing out, have you never seen City Of God and the famous banana scene? I tell ya, our Brazilian lads will know all about the virtues of a bumming for sure

Marcelinha Moraes was always a big favourite of mine in the porn stakes, she was my absolute favourite :D

Martyboy
16th February 2020, 12:19 AM
LOL you tell him Marty, he's been missing out, have you never seen City Of God and the famous banana scene? I tell ya, our Brazilian lads will know all about the virtues of a bumming for sure

Marcelinha Moraes was always a big favourite of mine in the porn stakes, she was my absolute favourite :D

Haha...Have to be honest,not heard or seen of her I must admit.....As for bananas all I can say is he was a good tag team mate of mine once or twice with my lady of choice at the time....:)

Insidious
16th February 2020, 12:38 AM
Who do we fancy will replace Guardiola when he inevitably disappears to Juventus?

Pochettino? Rodgers?

Nineteenx
16th February 2020, 12:47 AM
Who do we fancy will replace Guardiola when he inevitably disappears to Juventus?

Pochettino? Rodgers?

It HAS to be The Owl, he'll steady the ship

skyebo
16th February 2020, 12:51 AM

Pochettino? Rodgers?

Neither of those, they don't win trophies, not in a decent league anyway (Rodgers)

Sterome77
16th February 2020, 02:31 AM
It'll be interesting to see what City base their appeal on. So far all they've come out with is the usual paranoid whine about the whole world being biased against them (this from the club whose supporters sing 'Always the victim' at us). I can't see that flying somehow.

I wouldn't have believed it possible but Danny Murphy made even less sense than usual when asked about this on MOTD, "It'd be good for the game if City win their appeal and get reinstated. Because it can't be just City who are guilty of this. Other clubs must be guilty as well. So if City are banned it will create a snowball effect"

It will only create a 'snowball effect' if other clubs are guilty of what City have just been found guilty of i.e. submitting falsified accounts and basically lying to UEFA to get round FFP. I'm not aware of any other club even suspected of doing that. But if there are other clubs guilty of that then they bloody well should be snowballed out of European competition as well.

Try applying Murphy's logic to any other form of law breaking. Burglary, for example:

"It'd be good for society if that burglar wins his appeal and gets let out. After all, he can't be the only burglar around. Other people must have burgled houses as well so if we lock this burglar up it will just create a snowball effect".

Danny Murphy talking out of his arse. Well blow me down! Who'd have thought it, eh??

Nineteenx
16th February 2020, 02:38 AM
It'll be interesting to see what City base their appeal on. So far all they've come out with is the usual paranoid whine about the whole world being biased against them (this from the club whose supporters sing 'Always the victim' at us). I can't see that flying somehow.

I wouldn't have believed it possible but Danny Murphy made even less sense than usual when asked about this on MOTD, "It'd be good for the game if City win their appeal and get reinstated. Because it can't be just City who are guilty of this. Other clubs must be guilty as well. So if City are banned it will create a snowball effect"

It will only create a 'snowball effect' if other clubs are guilty of what City have just been found guilty of i.e. submitting falsified accounts and basically lying to UEFA to get round FFP. I'm not aware of any other club even suspected of doing that. But if there are other clubs guilty of that then they bloody well should be snowballed out of European competition as well.

Try applying Murphy's logic to any other form of law breaking. Burglary, for example:

"It'd be good for society if that burglar wins his appeal and gets let out. After all, he can't be the only burglar around. Other people must have burgled houses as well so if we lock this burglar up it will just create a snowball effect".

Danny Murphy talking out of his arse. Well blow me down! Who'd have thought it, eh??

:D A fine analysis of Murphy

I honestly think as football is a business and Champions League football can be worth 100-220m to clubs, then it should be made a criminal offence for clubs to try and circumvent FFP as UAE FC have tried to, they are denying other clubs a potential 100-220m through their false accounting to be allowed to continue in the competition and also denying other clubs opportunities to make more revenue by cheating the system and playing in the competition with a financially doped squad contrary to FFP rules

Criminal investigations should include access to the books of their alleged sponsors and image rights companies to forensically check that the money these alleged sponsors and partners are paying to UAE FC is not being pumped into them through the back door by UAE FC's owners

Nineteenx
16th February 2020, 02:45 AM
If we were to do an MBappe deal that was only made possible by a legitimate sponsor, Nike, striking a deal to pay image rights or larger sums for his endorsement to the player to make the deal possible, I've no doubt people would call foul, but that would be an entirely different thing, that would be a genuine sponsor seeing a considerable benefit in a leading world player who endorses their products being at a specific team and not financial doping by way of our owners pumping their own money into the club through dubious methods

Joetan991
16th February 2020, 03:35 AM
So if I assume when man city take over, they inject more billion in, it wouldn't have thisbproblem right ? It become their capital not outsource sponsor

Nineteenx
16th February 2020, 03:42 AM

Fair play to Sky Sports for once, they were actually playing the exact footage from this gif taking the piss all night last night too

fiordearg
16th February 2020, 03:55 AM
Having twenty league titles after years of united dominance would be beyond hilarious

teesred
16th February 2020, 07:46 AM
If we were to do an MBappe deal that was only made possible by a legitimate sponsor, Nike, striking a deal to pay image rights or larger sums for his endorsement to the player to make the deal possible, I've no doubt people would call foul, but that would be an entirely different thing, that would be a genuine sponsor seeing a considerable benefit in a leading world player who endorses their products being at a specific team and not financial doping by way of our owners pumping their own money into the club through dubious methods

I don't get your logic there 19. That's pretty much what City have done in a roundabout way isn't it?
You can't spend more than you earn. No matter how much money any organisation pumps in the facts are there in terms of money vs money out.
I remember arguing with N4C years ago about this saying FFP wont work because the likes of City can just say the are putting money into the "business" in order to be competitive. Like a research and development arm of a pharmaceutical business. It's most likely always going to be running at loss. UEFA brought FFP in God knows how long ago and it's taken them until now to charge the biggest culprits. I fully await PSG getting this aswell as theres no way they're not guilty of the same thing.
P.S. city of God. What a movie, haven't seen that for years. A rewatch is on.

Taksin
16th February 2020, 09:42 AM
I

I’m watching ‘Sin City’ later

Got me headphones on right now in the gym listing to Guns and Roses - ‘Allardyce. City’

Taksin
16th February 2020, 10:28 AM
Take me down to Allardyce City, where the grass is green and the play is shitty

Balinkay
16th February 2020, 10:44 AM
Hahahaha :D

Also @Taksin, I don't remember if this was the thread where we talked about FFP, but this is what I stumbled upon on twitter. No idea if it's propaganda or not (don't even know if it's all true), but it does fit well with my understanding of the concept and timeline.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EQ2byTRW4AcdME3?format=jpg&name=900x900

ianlfc
16th February 2020, 11:06 AM
Also what's with these other clubs City have like the New York one, what's that all about ?

Taksin
16th February 2020, 01:22 PM
@Balinkay

Thanks, that's very helpful.. I was wrong. Why, the system even looks sensible; your sugar daddies can spend all they like on the stadium/infrastructure but they can't leave you with a wage bill or debt structure that would cause insolvency should they walk away. The clubs have to be breaking even. It also shows that it worked very well across Europe and that City were not the objects of the law's activity but all clubs were. Therefore, disobeying the rules is genuinely not fair on everyone.

Down with Al Mansour!

Balinkay
16th February 2020, 01:38 PM
Err... my sarcasm detector is not at its best today. Are you being serious or not?

Nineteenx
16th February 2020, 01:44 PM
I don't get your logic there 19. That's pretty much what City have done in a roundabout way isn't it?
You can't spend more than you earn. No matter how much money any organisation pumps in the facts are there in terms of money vs money out.
I remember arguing with N4C years ago about this saying FFP wont work because the likes of City can just say the are putting money into the "business" in order to be competitive. Like a research and development arm of a pharmaceutical business. It's most likely always going to be running at loss. UEFA brought FFP in God knows how long ago and it's taken them until now to charge the biggest culprits. I fully await PSG getting this aswell as theres no way they're not guilty of the same thing.

It's not the same, say Nike really wanted MBappe at Liverpool and we would only give him 250k per week and Nike said to MBappe and his agent they really wanted him here, so they were willing to increase his endorsement payments by 7.5m a season if he made the move as it would be highly beneficial for them if he came here. There's no breach of FFP there, we're not spending more money than we have coming in, if Nike want to offer a player an extra 7.5m plus on his endorsement payments to move to a club that carries them as sponsor on their shirts, that's their business.

The UAE FC issue is that their alleged income from sponsors, partners and the image rights company is not legitimately money from those businesses, they are putting their own money into the club through these companies as they do not have the global following, the history or the profile to attract top sponsors who pay the amounts of money they do to Barca, Real, the flithy, Bayern, us etc to compete with us and comply with FFP, so they're fiddling the books and giving the additional money they need for wages and transfer fees to those companies to pay to give back to UAE FC as alleged sponsorship payments through their owners other businesses

southernboy
16th February 2020, 01:48 PM
C'mon Kev bumming aint just for gays ya know!!....Bummed my missus and ex-missus(and other lovely ladies in me past loads of times!!)....Can't beat it mun!!..(Welsh accent coming out there)....:).. The only downside is the occasional bit of sweetcorn on your nudger when you pull him out!!...:triumphant::triumphant::triumphant:

Bloody hell Marty lad, trust a drummer to lower the conversation to uncharted depths. Sadly I married a catholic girl. They have very strict rules about what can enter and leave the poop shute.

Insidious
16th February 2020, 01:55 PM
Having twenty league titles after years of united dominance would be beyond hilarious

Well we finished second in 13/14 to City.

Finished second in 18/19 to City.

And will win the League this season - so we would be on 21 titles.

Funnily enough, so would United - they finished second to City in 17/18 - so if "retrospective" titles were being handed out, that's what the tally "should" be.

Balinkay
16th February 2020, 02:00 PM
I think City's transgressions only affect the timeframe 2012-2016.

Taksin
16th February 2020, 02:00 PM
Err... my sarcasm detector is not at its best today. Are you being serious or not?

Completely serious - especially the Down with Al Mansour bit..

which bit looks sarcastic to you?

justme
16th February 2020, 02:01 PM
I don't agree with taking titles off other teams.I would rather we won the title on our own merit. Obviously Man-city have been up to no good.But that's in the past. would be great to see us over take man-united total in the next 2/3 years
Just so we that get the feeling of seeing them squirm

Balinkay
16th February 2020, 02:50 PM
Completely serious - especially the Down with Al Mansour bit..

which bit looks sarcastic to you?

Huh - cool. :)

I dunno, the overwhelming positivity of the answer? Not something I see too often from people when talking about FFP.

Insidious
16th February 2020, 03:10 PM
I don't agree with taking titles off other teams.I would rather we won the title on our own merit. Obviously Man-city have been up to no good.But that's in the past. would be great to see us over take man-united total in the next 2/3 years

Yeah it's an odd one - on point of principle I feel we "deserve" to be winners in 13/14 and 18/19, but after a 30-year wait that is not at all how I would want to win the Title.

Indeed, but for the fact that we have the excitement of potentially having an Unbeaten season and a points record, prior to this season I would have wanted to win the League due to a last-gasp winner in the dying seconds of the 38th game - this leisurely stroll isn't what I would have "asked for" but will certainly take it! :D

stevie harkness
16th February 2020, 03:26 PM

There's taking titles off teams and there's awarding them to someone else. If someone has cheated their way to a title they should be stripped of it. That doesn't necessarily mean that the second place team should take it like in say the Olympic 100m after they've weeded out all the cheats, but you can't have them still hold the 'title' of "champions" if they aren't. Well not if it means anything.

Taksin
16th February 2020, 03:29 PM
Huh - cool. :)

I dunno, the overwhelming positivity of the answer? Not something I see too often from people when talking about FFP.

I still think UEFA are corrupt, but willing to accept that these rules have been helpful.

justme
16th February 2020, 03:35 PM
There's taking titles off teams and there's awarding them to someone else. If someone has cheated their way to a title they should be stripped of it. That doesn't necessarily mean that the second place team should take it like in say the Olympic 100m after they've weeded out all the cheats, but you can't have them still hold the 'title' of "champions" if they aren't. Well not if it means anything.

Oh yeah I get that! sounds reasonable

justme
16th February 2020, 03:38 PM
Yeah it's an odd one - on point of principle I feel we "deserve" to be winners in 13/14 and 18/19, but after a 30-year wait that is not at all how I would want to win the Title.

Indeed, but for the fact that we have the excitement of potentially having an Unbeaten season and a points record, prior to this season I would have wanted to win the League due to a last-gasp winner in the dying seconds of the 38th game - this leisurely stroll isn't what I would have "asked for" but will certainly take it! :D

Now if Man-city were deducted points next season. I would accept that.. 30 points would be a decent start :D

Nineteenx
16th February 2020, 04:13 PM
I think City's transgressions only affect the timeframe 2012-2016.

They're the one's they know about because of the hacked details

From those details and UAE FC's spending in 2017-2018 in particular, it must be very apparent that they have continued acting in the same way, according to people on here UAE FC are set to possibly be worth more via income than the filthy and potentially us also next year, sorry, that's just not possible and lends further suspicions they are STILL undertaking dubious practices for their owners to pump more money into the club and circumvent FFP.

They aren't a big club with a huge international fanbase or any legacy history and there is simply no way on this earth, but for their owner pumping money in by filtering it to sponsors and partners to then pay into UAE FC as alleged sponsorship that they have reached the same levels of legitimate sponsorship deals as the filthy or us.

I would bet for every alleged deal their owner is putting at least 3 quarters of that money in through his other companies. The details of one of the hacked deals was 50m sponsorship from Emirates, they were only paying 9m of it, UAE FCs owner was paying the rest.

I think there are legitimate grounds for UEFA to involve the police in this matter as it is a method of defrauding several other clubs, it's obvious they are still 'at it' and it needs a thorough forensic accounting analysis of UAE FCs sponsors and UAE FC's owners other companies to ascertain if payments are still being made to falsely inflate sponsorship income using their owners money as they were.

Balinkay
16th February 2020, 04:57 PM
I still think UEFA are corrupt, but willing to accept that these rules have been helpful.

Oh for sure.

justincredible
17th February 2020, 08:10 AM
Could get shitty for City.....

https://mobile.twitter.com/johnmehrzadlaw

LEGS
17th February 2020, 08:42 AM
I cant see many City players leaving not who they want to keep anyway.

Chelsea/United both kept players without CL and the reason for that is the wages they are paid not many teams can match them.

Im sure the Sterling to Madrid rumours will start but if you were Madrid who would you buy Mbappe/Sterling ? I think the answer to that obvious.

shminkyred
17th February 2020, 11:49 AM

my mate had a bird who used to bring a disposable enema kit when she was coming over for the weekend.......

Personally i find unscrewing the shower head and sending them in the bathroom with a squishy bottle of shower gel works wonders....lolol

justincredible
17th February 2020, 01:17 PM
my mate had a bird who used to bring a disposable enema kit when she was coming over for the weekend.......

Personally i find unscrewing the shower head and sending them in the bathroom with a squishy bottle of shower gel works wonders....lolol

Yeah, as long as the shower is quite close to the toilet bowl. Hahaha....

Kev0909
17th February 2020, 01:22 PM
Imagine city.. getting stripped title and Gerrard getting a prem medal...... imagine

Stuff dreams are made of

Steveo
17th February 2020, 01:29 PM
I imagine Rodgers will be watching with even more interest than Stevie..

Taksin
17th February 2020, 01:39 PM
When do we find out the dates for the appeal to be heard?

teesred
17th February 2020, 01:53 PM
It's very unlikely they would be stripped of titles. The ban is unlikely to be upheld in my opinion.

miller0863
17th February 2020, 02:17 PM
They’re talking about June for the result of any appeal and the ban to start in 2021/2022.

Kev0909
17th February 2020, 03:08 PM
City CEO Ferran Soriano told the squad: "Trust me like I trust you, this will be dropped."

You're probably right mate

We're about to see the biggest farce in history, and what is ruining the game and it'll show like there's no tomorrow, money money and more money.

Man city can afford to spend however much in legal fees, solicitors etc etc

This will be overturned, and that plastic shite aid-ridden club will carry on as normal, corrupt bastards

Taksin
17th February 2020, 03:49 PM
Do we have any legal eagles who understand the likelihood of the UEFA lawyers to be able to defend themselves?

There would appear to be an unusual element to this. UEFA are not saying Man City cannot trade freely in the market, they are saying they cannot take part in their competitions. Aren't we all taking part by invitation and don't we all have various rules we have to follow to take part? UEFA aren't saying they have done something illegal, what they have done has just caused them not to qualify for their competition.

justme
17th February 2020, 04:16 PM
If any form of ban is not upheld, Ie be it 1 or 2 years. Then basically Uefa and FFP are pointless. Man-city can do what the fuck they like and get away with it.

Nineteenx
17th February 2020, 04:26 PM
Man city can afford to spend however much in legal fees, solicitors etc etc

In many instances it doesn't matter how much anyone can spend on there things, if you're bang to rights, you're bang to rights, the money aspect of it would only come into it if they're handing suitcases of money to people who can fix it for them and not in a legitimate way

LEGS
17th February 2020, 04:26 PM
If any form of ban is not upheld, Ie be it 1 or 2 years. Then basically Uefa and FFP are pointless. Man-city can do what the fuck they like and get away with it.

I can see them getting it reduced at the very least to 1 year only.

Wouldn't shock me if they get fined an extra say £60m to make up for it which is about 45p to their owners !

justme
17th February 2020, 04:28 PM
I can see them getting it reduced at the very least to 1 year only.

Wouldn't shock me if they get fined an extra say £60m to make up for it which is about 45p to their owners !

yep a fine to multi billionaires is a drop in the ocean.

Nineteenx
17th February 2020, 04:30 PM
Do we have any legal eagles who understand the likelihood of the UEFA lawyers to be able to defend themselves?

There would appear to be an unusual element to this. UEFA are not saying Man City cannot trade freely in the market, they are saying they cannot take part in their competitions. Aren't we all taking part by invitation and don't we all have various rules we have to follow to take part? UEFA aren't saying they have done something illegal, what they have done has just caused them not to qualify for their competition.

If entry to a competition worth 100m to 220m to qualifying clubs is subject to compliance with certain rules regarding FFP and UAE FC have breached these rules or are trying to circumvent them with creative accouting to the detriment of other clubs who are complying with the rules, that is an awful lot of money UAE FC are depriving other clubs of poetentially earning and it should surely be the subject of a criminal investigation on those grounds

CCTV
17th February 2020, 04:54 PM

If city overturn the ban entirely then FFP is dead.

If UEFA can't throw a team out whose continued non-compliance of the rules and fraudulent book cooking breaks their rules, then the rules are useless and binned.

justme
17th February 2020, 05:06 PM
If city overturn the ban entirely then FFP is dead.

If UEFA can't throw a team out whose continued non-compliance of the rules and fraudulent book cooking breaks their rules, then the rules are useless and binned.

That's it exactly, Dead and buried. Whats to stop another team from doing the same?

CCTV
17th February 2020, 05:34 PM
That's it exactly, Dead and buried. Whats to stop another team from doing the same?

Nothing, a few million euro fine every now and then. A 21 man panel/squad limit penalty for the competition isn't much of a hindrance either.

TheDOC1979
17th February 2020, 06:32 PM
Does it matter? They broke the rules and we’re still 25 points ahead of them!!

Nineteenx
17th February 2020, 06:50 PM

Exactly and Guardiola will be off to Juve in the summer, an investigation is still needed into UAE FCs continuation of creative accounting to circumvent FFP from 2017-2018 to present

Nineteenx
17th February 2020, 06:56 PM
In a way UEFA have already bottled it to an extent, they have had the details of and known all about this for a long time, but the timing of arriving at and announcing their decision seems purposely geared to allow UAE FC to appeal and challenge it to delay the bans start until the 2021-2022 season

Kev0909
17th February 2020, 07:03 PM

It's the bigger picture, and the future.

CCTV
18th February 2020, 08:13 PM
0SOEuEYxALg

Lolz

Insidious
18th February 2020, 11:50 PM
Going to be incredibly weird wanting a Real Madrid win.

toneata
22nd February 2020, 01:34 PM
Ha, ha ha, once a snake........

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ERTF00JWkAAW5EG?format=jpg&name=medium

Nineteenx
22nd February 2020, 04:37 PM
Ha, ha ha, once a snake........

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ERTF00JWkAAW5EG?format=jpg&name=medium

Ha ha ha I can absolutely see him and his snake of an agent angling for a summer move to Real

justme
22nd February 2020, 04:44 PM
Can we changed the title of this thread from Manchester City banned, To Manchester City Bummed?

Nineteenx
22nd February 2020, 04:48 PM
Can we changed the title of this thread from Manchester City banned, To Manchester City Bummed?

I already asked that question :D

Nineteenx
22nd February 2020, 04:49 PM
So Sterling and Bacon face to Madrid this summer, sounds good

justme
22nd February 2020, 04:56 PM
I already asked that question :D
Well see how right you are!

Frasier
22nd February 2020, 06:07 PM
Bacon face, lolz

Nineteenx
22nd February 2020, 06:15 PM
Bacon face, lolz

Of course, he is the new Boris Becker, "Where did you get your eye lashes Boris, in a pack of sausages?"

Nineteenx
22nd February 2020, 06:42 PM
If retrospective points deductions are made against UAE FC it would hand us and the filthy another title each, if they are investigated for the period from 2016-2019 as they should be as it's really obvious they're fiddling the FFP books still and the same action was taken, we'd get another title

Steveo
22nd February 2020, 06:44 PM
Bacon face, lolz

It’s a Corker ain’t it...

justme
22nd February 2020, 09:49 PM
Never mind Jesus scoring today, They better get praying to Jesus to get them off this charge.

justme
23rd February 2020, 12:31 AM
Manchester City's bid to overturn their European ban could end with Liverpool in the dock over allegations that the Premier League champions-elect hacked into the Etihad’s scouting database.

Sunday Mirror Sport has been told that City will “leave nothing off the table” when they attempt to beat the two-year suspension and £25million fine levied against them by UEFA over FFP violations.

City will take a powerful legal team to the Court of Arbitration for Sport – and they will be armed with evidence that threatens to blow the lid off the murky work of football politics.

A central tenet of City’s argument will be that UEFA’s decision to punish them is based on an illegally-obtained raft of emails written by senior club officials that were taken out of context to deliver a guilty verdict.

The club’s servers were accessed by student Rui Pinto in 2015.

__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

What a despicable club they really are!

Nineteenx
23rd February 2020, 03:31 AM
Manchester City's bid to overturn their European ban could end with Liverpool in the dock over allegations that the Premier League champions-elect hacked into the Etihad’s scouting database.

Sunday Mirror Sport has been told that City will “leave nothing off the table” when they attempt to beat the two-year suspension and £25million fine levied against them by UEFA over FFP violations.

City will take a powerful legal team to the Court of Arbitration for Sport – and they will be armed with evidence that threatens to blow the lid off the murky work of football politics.

A central tenet of City’s argument will be that UEFA’s decision to punish them is based on an illegally-obtained raft of emails written by senior club officials that were taken out of context to deliver a guilty verdict.

The club’s servers were accessed by student Rui Pinto in 2015.

__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

What a despicable club they really are!

That's a really dumb story, they settled out of court over that and it has nothing to do with UAE FC's case, it's entirely irrelevant. Edit: Also, that isn't a matter for UEFA, former employee accesses database of former employer or retains details and information learned working for former employer, that's a civil action case, against the former employees, not even against their new employer, such cases happen all the time with client databases and their's very little businesses can actually do about it

The question UEFA have to answer is why aren't they investigating UAE FC's FFP submissions from 2017-present?

UAE FC have been submitting FFP accounts that don't show their players wages in full, that include payments for 'image rights' from a company owned and funded by, surprise surprise, their owner

They also claim to have sponsorship and kit deals at the levels of ours and the filthys, making it entirely obvious they are cooking the books, a club like UAE FC with its lack of worldwide fan base, lack of history and legacy history would not get legitimate sponsorship and kit deals anywhere near the levels of ours and the filthys

justme
24th February 2020, 01:31 AM
That's a really dumb story, they settled out of court over that and it has nothing to do with UAE FC's case, it's entirely irrelevant. Edit: Also, that isn't a matter for UEFA, former employee accesses database of former employer or retains details and information learned working for former employer, that's a civil action case, against the former employees, not even against their new employer, such cases happen all the time with client databases and their's very little businesses can actually do about it

The question UEFA have to answer is why aren't they investigating UAE FC's FFP submissions from 2017-present?

UAE FC have been submitting FFP accounts that don't show their players wages in full, that include payments for 'image rights' from a company owned and funded by, surprise surprise, their owner

They also claim to have sponsorship and kit deals at the levels of ours and the filthys, making it entirely obvious they are cooking the books, a club like UAE FC with its lack of worldwide fan base, lack of history and legacy history would not get legitimate sponsorship and kit deals anywhere near the levels of ours and the filthys

It is dumb, but they appear to be using it as a deflecting tactic..If they use it that is. Horrible club.

Steveo
24th February 2020, 09:30 AM
Not so dumb really. They are going to try and drag as much muck into it as possible - trigger the FA into no action against them (City) and even support for their “case” of cash.

The FA will be shite scared of this. Any investigation looking at them would be an absolute disaster.

It will be very interesting to see just how much will there is to go after the hand that feeds so much of our economy.. It isn’t just Britain that is so dependent on Gulf money though - they have huge investments and contracts ( often military ) all over Europe too. Most military expenditure by the Gulf is clear bribery.

I imagine this so called powerful legal team will be wielded to make plenty of un-subtle threats.. Curb our sports investment ( rigging ) potential and won’t go through with that order for the Eurofighter - those BAE systems.

They have their tentacles entrenched - it will need some bravery this one

Nineteenx
24th February 2020, 04:29 PM
Not so dumb really. They are going to try and drag as much muck into it as possible - trigger the FA into no action against them (City) and even support for their “case” of cash.

The FA will be shite scared of this. Any investigation looking at them would be an absolute disaster.

It will be very interesting to see just how much will there is to go after the hand that feeds so much of our economy.. It isn’t just Britain that is so dependent on Gulf money though - they have huge investments and contracts ( often military ) all over Europe too. Most military expenditure by the Gulf is clear bribery.

I imagine this so called powerful legal team will be wielded to make plenty of un-subtle threats.. Curb our sports investment ( rigging ) potential and won’t go through with that order for the Eurofighter - those BAE systems.

They have their tentacles entrenched - it will need some bravery this one

It is entirely irrelevant however to the case against UAE FC

Nineteenx
24th February 2020, 05:14 PM
Not sure what planet Sterling has been living on with his claims either, we had 2 years of every pundit waxing lyrical about UAE FC and especially him and how Guardiola had developed him, when he's no different now to the player they bought, except for he has a little more maturity in how he behaves

Steveo
24th February 2020, 05:18 PM
It is entirely irrelevant however to the case against UAE FC

Irrelevant to the case yes - but sadly I imagine any final decision will be made with huge pressure applied from governments who can't afford to lose the UAE as a customer/investor.. Cynical view I know

Nineteenx
24th February 2020, 05:27 PM
Irrelevant to the case yes - but sadly I imagine any final decision will be made with huge pressure applied from governments who can't afford to lose the UAE as a customer/investor.. Cynical view I know

You might fear that, but the CAS will only be interested in UAE FC's defence of the allegations against them, that is their only role, so UAE FC would serve their own interests best in trying to defend the case against them, CAS have no role and no interest in discussing any issues outside of their remit. That's why I think the story, suggestion, is just daft.

You can't go into a tribunal fighting against misconduct and start saying "Well this person did this and this person did that" it's pointless, that tribunal has no interest or remit in dealing with what anyone else may or may not have done, they are only interested in any evidence you may have that relates to you in defence of the case and facts presented against you

eggy81
24th February 2020, 06:24 PM
Who's uae fc

Steveo
24th February 2020, 08:16 PM
Shitty - aka Manchester City..

justme
25th February 2020, 06:29 AM
Popped on over there to bluemoon to see what they are saying now about us .a couple of hours of back.They have a Liverpool thread.A lot of degenerates, One persons comments went like this.

Still hope for this season that the ****s will catch coronavirus or klopp will get caught with sick images on his laptop. Anything else is a long shot.
That's from a chatter called Mazzarelli's Swiss Cheese.

And what makes it even worse..Liverpool FC haven't done a single wrong against Man-city other than win more games than them.

retired
26th February 2020, 06:26 PM
It is in their DNA https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/feb/26/manchester-city-falling-foul-of-ffp-in-1906-forgotten-story
Can't say their not consistant

Taksin
26th February 2020, 08:08 PM
That's fascinating.. something in the blue print of the club itself

dicko1969
27th February 2020, 02:34 AM
It is in their DNA https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/feb/26/manchester-city-falling-foul-of-ffp-in-1906-forgotten-story

Very cyclical consistent
(Get your spell check on ;)

redebreck
27th February 2020, 11:59 PM

Wonder if that's on blue moon?

justme
6th July 2020, 07:40 AM
Just been searching for this thread.. Since it will be used again next week :D..
Out of interest,for those in the know.if Man-city are banned for a year or 2..Is there any rule against the Man-city owners putting 300/400 million of their own money into transfers? I think it would be unfair if they are able to go out and buy a 100 million pound striker to take Aguero place when hes unavailable.. It would be no punishment at all, if they can still spend unlimited funds.

LEGS
6th July 2020, 07:44 AM
I guess City can spend whatever they want if they dont want to play European football.

If they spent £100m on a striker it would still be on the accounts for the next 3 years so not sure it is that easy...however if Abu Dubai airlines were to sponsor them £700m per season who knows !

justme
6th July 2020, 07:56 AM
Thanks :) I wasn't sure how it worked. I didn't realize. transfers were tied into Europe. Even though a team is not able to get into the competition.

Balinkay
6th July 2020, 04:17 PM
I'd assume that if they pour 400m into transfers, they'd get banned for the 2022/2023 season since a club's loss is calculated over 3 years I think.

toneata
6th July 2020, 04:28 PM
They're spending millions on the best lawyers trying to get out of the shit they're in now, if they succeed no doubt they'll spend a load more to find a way to buy whoever they want.

Replace Aguero with Mbappe?.....no problem Sheikh.
Buy another 6 fullbacks for Pep?......no problem Sheikh.

justincredible
6th July 2020, 06:30 PM
Just to take our minds off last Thursday night....

https://youtu.be/I46Yxmbc1HU

Nineteenx
8th July 2020, 10:41 PM