PDA

View Full Version : Wilder v Fury II

toneata
18th February 2020, 04:17 PM
So what do we think?

Fury on his arse again, or can he put Wilder away this time?

Can't say I like either of these two, can see Fury trying to tie him up and out box him again, even though he says his only chance is a knockout. Wouldn't mind seeing a Wilder knock him out this time though.

Just seen that they've signed another rematch contract so a unification fight looks miles away.......greedy fu*kers.

Can see AJ fighting the winner of Dubois/Joyce before these jokers now.

teesred
18th February 2020, 08:31 PM
Pair of absolute jokers. Fury Wilder 3. Really? "Ave a fuckin word man". Nobody wants to see that .
If that's what happens it just shows what a bent joke boxing is. Unification fight please. That's what everyone wants to see.

Insidious
18th February 2020, 11:45 PM
Winner of this v Joshua is the fight people want, surely.

As for this fight, if you watch the first one, Fury largely out-manouvred Wilder for several rounds.

He has the capacity to beat Wilder, but it is going to take timing. I do hope Fury wins actually, simply because I think he is the more likely of the two to be up for fighting Joshua.

RedNoodle
19th February 2020, 05:34 AM
I hope Fury gets soundly beaten and we never hear from him again.

teesred
19th February 2020, 07:18 PM
Winner of this v Joshua is the fight people want, surely.

As for this fight, if you watch the first one, Fury largely out-manouvred Wilder for several rounds.

He has the capacity to beat Wilder, but it is going to take timing. I do hope Fury wins actually, simply because I think he is the more likely of the two to be up for fighting Joshua.

Either way both fighters cant run away any longer. A 3rd fight would be a joke. The next fight for the winner has to be AJ or Whyte.

toneata
19th February 2020, 10:12 PM
Seems they have an 'agreement' that the loser can automatically trigger a rematch.

Fury quoted as saying "I think the money is too big not to have it."

CCTV
20th February 2020, 07:49 PM
Fury looks a lot healthier these days than at that time. I'd give him the edge for this fight. Wilder cant be taken lightly though.

Joshua must wait to get a big fight !!
How did he end up in that predicament ?

CCTV
20th February 2020, 07:52 PM
Seems they have an 'agreement' that the loser can automatically trigger a rematch.

Fury quoted as saying "I think the money is too big not to have it."

It's the matchup that has caught the public interest.

Did Joshua duck a fight v Wilder ?

Martyboy
20th February 2020, 08:24 PM
Watched the 1st clash 'live'....Despite going down twice I thought Fury won it on points....Have to be honest I like him,hopefully he does the bizzo this time although with that right hand of Wilder's it could be goodnight at anytime!!....:)

toneata
21st February 2020, 09:21 AM
Fury looks a lot healthier these days than at that time. I'd give him the edge for this fight. Wilder cant be taken lightly though.

Joshua must wait to get a big fight !!
How did he end up in that predicament ?

Think before the first Ruiz fight it was a case of everyone dodging him out of fear of losing. Now I'd say it's all about money, Joshua still draws the biggest ppv audience and so demands a big cut, but there's no chance Wilder or Fury take less than him, especially now.

Think his best chance is to go for the loser, assuming they don't immediately announce ANOTHER rematch.

teesred
21st February 2020, 04:37 PM
It's the matchup that has caught the public interest.

Did Joshua duck a fight v Wilder ?

Who knows what to believe. Both of them say they were willing. AJ has fought contenders all through his career whereas Wilder has shit the bed against plenty of people willing to fight him hence why in all of his title defences only 2 have been top 10 fighters. Up until 18 months ago he was fighting bums like Bermane Stiverne. His roster his full of nobodies like most U.S fighters. Hes turned down Whyte,Povetkin and Parker.
It's a shame both of them cant lose as theyre wasting time with this panto fight. A 3rd will be an absolute joke.

Nineteenx
23rd February 2020, 05:38 AM
Hah Lennox Lewis has got well porky

Nineteenx
23rd February 2020, 05:46 AM
Spoiler alert

I'm watching this live

Nineteenx
23rd February 2020, 05:49 AM
They're both dicks, but Wilder's the bigger knob for me, so I hope he gets knocked out, although, once boxers have been decked like Fury was last time out, it seems to weaken them, their chin never seems to be able to take shots as well

RedNoodle
23rd February 2020, 05:53 AM
Spoiler alert

I'm watching this live

'Live' or via a stream? If it's the former you'll possibly be talking to yourself on here.

RedNoodle
23rd February 2020, 05:59 AM
They're both dicks, but Wilder's the bigger knob for me, so I hope he gets knocked out, although, once boxers have been decked like Fury was last time out, it seems to weaken them, their chin never seems to be able to take shots as well

Have you heard some of the things Fury has come out with, never mind some of his antics? He's another classless **** who uses mental health issues to try and justify him being a massive ****. It's what I like to call 'The Ronnie O'Sullivan effect'.

I hope he gets 'destroyed'. Hopefully then he'll take his dosh somewhere where we never get to see or hear from him again.

Unfortunately it's the ****s that seem to get things go their way in life, so he'll probably win.

toneata
23rd February 2020, 06:01 AM
I wish I could cheer one of these on but I just can't.

Maybe we can have a rocky 2 but with neither beating the bell.

Nineteenx
23rd February 2020, 06:02 AM
He is diagnosed as bipolar, that gives him immense potential to be a dick without realising he's being a dick

His entrance to the ring is ridiculous, he actually deserves knocking out just for that

Nineteenx
23rd February 2020, 06:03 AM
Tyson was the most destructive puncher in heavyweight history, not this clown Wilder

RedNoodle
23rd February 2020, 06:09 AM
He is diagnosed as bipolar, that gives him immense potential to be a dick without realising he's being a dick

His entrance to the ring is ridiculous, he actually deserves knocking out just for that

No being bipolar does not give him 'potential'/'an excuse' to be a massive ****, i.e. say and do the things that he does. That's not how depression/being bipolar works.

toneata
23rd February 2020, 06:23 AM
Fury outboxing him again, Wilder typically looking for that 1 punch.

toneata
23rd February 2020, 06:26 AM
Wow Wilder down and saved by the bell. Surprised how Fury has gone after him from round 1.

RedNoodle
23rd February 2020, 06:28 AM
Fury outboxing him again, Wilder typically looking for that 1 punch.

It amazes me in any top level sport where a top pro is so limited in their skills e.g. a puncher v a boxer, a one footed player, a tennis player who has a good serve and not much else etc.

RedNoodle
23rd February 2020, 06:29 AM
If Fury wins it will categorically prove that there is no god.

toneata
23rd February 2020, 06:30 AM
Wilder looks gone here, he looks completely gassed.

RedNoodle
23rd February 2020, 06:32 AM

His legs look really slim. Not the sign of someone who can take a punch.

Nineteenx
23rd February 2020, 06:34 AM

He's not gassed, it looks like Fury's burst his ear drum, that really fucks your balance up, I know because I had an accident when I cracked my head and bust my ear drum and it fucked my balance for a few weeks afterwards, if Fury doesn't knock him out and win this now he never will

toneata
23rd February 2020, 06:34 AM
How the hell can't Fury finish this??.........Wilder has completely gone.

RedNoodle
23rd February 2020, 06:36 AM
Wilder has offered absolutely FA.

Nineteenx
23rd February 2020, 06:39 AM
Wilder's offering fuck all because his ear drum has been burst, so his balance has gone completely fucked, that's why he looks so shaky on his feet and looks like staggering around and can't get anything going, not a fair fight at all and it's a miracle Wilder's still in there

toneata
23rd February 2020, 06:39 AM
Think they'll throw the towel in at this rate.

RedNoodle
23rd February 2020, 06:42 AM
Having seen the effects of a few burst ear drums I can tell you that whilst it fks your balance, it does not stop you moving or make you weak. He looked that way before his ear got bashed in.

toneata
23rd February 2020, 06:42 AM
Yep, towel gets thrown in.......cue the 'greatest ever' narrative now.

Nineteenx
23rd February 2020, 06:45 AM
It was the right move to throw the towel in, you may have seen a few burst ear drums Noodle, but I did mine in my accident and ended up with sensory neural hearing loss and it completely fucked my balance for weeks, could I have had a fight and thrown punches effectively with my usual power and stayed on my feet doing it without losing my balance? Absolutely no fucking way

Fury got well lucky

RedNoodle
23rd February 2020, 06:45 AM
Yep, towel gets thrown in.......cue the 'greatest ever' narrative now.

Please no!!! It was bad enough in the build up. Now it will be wall to wall coverage of this ****.

FFS Wilder you had one job!!! :mad:

Like I said, the bigger the ****, the better they do in life.

toneata
23rd February 2020, 06:53 AM
Fury beats one of the most overrated heavyweights ever, who's mostly fought bums and now he's the greatest?

Fair play to Fury, nobody thought he'd go after Wilder like that from the bell,BUT he has to fight AJ now.............summer at Wembley for a unification is the ONLY fight we want now.

teesred
23rd February 2020, 06:58 AM
What a performance. Outstanding from Fury, Wilder not an elite boxer.

Nineteenx
23rd February 2020, 06:58 AM
No being bipolar does not give him 'potential'/'an excuse' to be a massive ****, i.e. say and do the things that he does. That's not how depression/being bipolar works.

There are several members of my family who suffer with bipolar, it's almost always comorbid with at least one other mental health condition, quite often with several, lots of crazy magical thinking in up periods, depending on the type the up periods can be escalating up periods, where the intensity and level of fucked up thinking and behaviour increases and increases and increases and the risk taking poor decisions making and layers of thought/belief added on top of each others do to.

There are lots of cases where people have been hugely successful and gone through long cycles where they build up business or become excellent at one thing or another and the more successful they get, it scalates everything until they tear it all down, then enter a huge depressive period

RedNoodle
23rd February 2020, 06:59 AM
Fury beats one of the most overrated heavyweights ever, who's mostly fought bums and now he's the greatest?

Fair play to Fury, nobody thought he'd go after Wilder like that from the bell,BUT he has to fight AJ now.............summer at Wembley for a unification is the ONLY fight we want now.

Yeah good luck with that. It's all about money and they'll avoid each other to make buckets more cash before there's even a possibility of them facing each other. I miss the days when the best regularly faced each other rather than just looking for another pot of gold.

Everything is overrated these days. It's all about style and narratives, rather than substance and fact.

CCTV
23rd February 2020, 07:02 AM
Fury did what he said he'd do, got to respect that, he bullied him.

Fury to beat AJ next then rematch with Wilder my guess.

Martyboy
Fury does the bizzo!!...Enjoyed that....:)

Nineteenx

Yeah, that was annoying me when they were going on about Wilder's title defences, he has fought almost all bums in those defences

Fury got lucky though, that first big right he landed, because Wilder turned his head clocked him right on the back of the ear, bust his ear drum and once his balance was fucked it was game over, Fury should be embarrassed he couldn't put him away, the guy was fucked, he fell over 3 times after that trying to throw punches or dodge them, his balance was gone, that's why he kept backing himself into the corner, hoping he might get lucky with one big right using the corner to steady himself for balance

Martyboy
23rd February 2020, 07:06 AM
It was the right move to throw the towel in, you may have seen a few burst ear drums Noodle, but I did mine in my accident and ended up with sensory neural hearing loss and it completely fucked my balance for weeks, could I have had a fight and thrown punches effectively with my usual power and stayed on my feet doing it without losing my balance? Absolutely no fucking way

Fury got well lucky

I've had Tinnitus in my left ear for 6 years now from hearing loss.....It's a bitch at times!!.....Hissing Sid I call it....:(

Nineteenx
23rd February 2020, 07:06 AM
Where the punch landed is exactly where I cracked my head when I fell and landed on it, nasty that

Nineteenx
23rd February 2020, 07:09 AM
I've had Tinnitus in my left ear for 6 years now from hearing loss.....It's a bitch at times!!.....Hissing Sid I call it....:(

Because mine's sensory neural so the connections to the brain are fucked, my body tries periodically repairing them, that's weird, I know when it's happening because my right ear starts making weird noises all by itself, test card, intermittent noises, white noise, all sorts of weird noises, it's very odd

RedNoodle
23rd February 2020, 07:10 AM
There are several members of my family who suffer with bipolar, it's almost always comorbid with at least one other mental health condition, quite often with several, lots of crazy magical thinking in up periods, depending on the type the up periods can be escalating up periods, where the intensity and level of fucked up thinking and behaviour increases and increases and increases and the risk taking poor decisions making and layers of thought/belief added on top of each others do to.

There are lots of cases where people have been hugely successful and gone through long cycles where they build up business or become excellent at one thing or another and the more successful they get, it scalates everything until they tear it all down, then enter a huge depressive period

'Being an expert' myself I can tell you that whilst bipolar disorder and depression can affect how you 'feel', they do not change your inherent propensity to be violent, a **** or the like. If you're a ****, you'll still be a ****, just one that is very 'happy' at times, very 'sad' at times, or both. You may even be an 'unfeeling' ****, but you'll still be a ****.

I've never known a good or bad person to 'switch' just because they've had mental health issues. It's like booze, it might amplify a person's 'character', but unless it is very, very severe it won't suddenly flip it from one side of the coin to another. In such cases you can see there's a problem. These kinds of people don't possess the traits to become a sporting champion. I feel far too many people (especially in sport) are using mental health issues as an excuse/crutch and I don't like it one bit.

reddownunder
23rd February 2020, 07:11 AM
Seeing Wilder getting the shit bashed out of him is very satisfying

toneata
23rd February 2020, 07:15 AM
Christ, the complete shite these commentators are spouting now. Comparing this as one of the greatest fights Vegas has ever seen.

One way traffic from round 1, Wilder not offering ANYTHING, and that's a great fight????..........great performance maybe, NOT great fight.

Wilder hinted that something wasn't right going into the fight (they all seem to say that when they lose), but it wasn't the type of fight that would get people clamouring for number 3.

It'll be a travesty if Fury v Joshua doesn't happen now.

RedNoodle
23rd February 2020, 07:16 AM
Because mine's sensory neural so the connections to the brain are fucked, my body tries periodically repairing them, that's weird, I know when it's happening because my right ear starts making weird noises all by itself, test card, intermittent noises, white noise, all sorts of weird noises, it's very odd

I get that as well. It comes out of blue for seemingly no reason what so ever. Then again I've got so much seriously wrong it's probably connected to one of those issues.

RedNoodle
23rd February 2020, 07:18 AM

Not nearly as satisfying as it would have been to see Wilder beat Fury so that he went away and I never had to see or hear him again.

Nineteenx
23rd February 2020, 07:19 AM
'Being an expert' myself I can tell you that whilst bipolar disorder and depression can affect how you 'feel', they do not change your inherent propensity to be violent, a **** or the like. If you're a ****, you'll still be a ****, just one that is very 'happy' at times, very 'sad' at times, or both. You may even be an 'unfeeling' ****, but you'll still be a ****.

I've never known a good or bad person to 'switch' just because they've had mental health issues. It's like booze, it might amplify a person's 'character', but unless it is very, very severe it won't suddenly flip it from one side of the coin to another. In such cases you can see there's a problem. These kinds of people don't possess the traits to become a sporting champion. I feel far too many people (especially in sport) are using mental health issues as an excuse/crutch and I don't like it one bit.

You're only an expert on your own bipolar noodle, it's very different for everyone, for example, if a person with bipolar suffers a long period of sustained abuse, this can induce a psychotic episode, which can trigger extreme violence or thoughts of committing violence and worse and make normally very lovely people into a very dangerous psychopath, this can then cause PTSD as a result of the prolonged period of sustained abuse, your sub conscious then develops triggers to recognise the behaviour that caused it as danger as it does for all forms of danger, then if something happens that your sub conscious recognises as a trigger of that particular danger again, it can send you immediately into another psychotic episode in which you're incredibly dangerous, trust me, I know an awful lot about bipolar and it being comorbid with other things. people who have bipolar are also 45% more likely than anyone else to develop PTSD

Nineteenx
23rd February 2020, 07:21 AM

I really don't like the guy, so normally it would have been, but not how it happened

RedNoodle
23rd February 2020, 07:37 AM
You're only an expert on your own bipolar noodle, it's very different for everyone, for example, if a person with bipolar suffers a long period of sustained abuse, this can induce a psychotic episode, which can trigger extreme violence or thoughts of committing violence and worse and make normally very lovely people into a very dangerous psychopath, this can then cause PTSD as a result of the prolonged period of sustained abuse, your sub conscious then develops triggers to recognise the behaviour that caused it as danger as it does for all forms of danger, then if something happens that your sub conscious recognises as a trigger of that particular danger again, it can send you immediately into another psychotic episode in which you're incredibly dangerous, trust me, I know an awful lot about bipolar and it being comorbid with other things. people who have bipolar are also 45% more likely than anyone else to develop PTSD

That's where your wrong. Having discussed problems around mental health with many others I think have a better grasp than most how mental health issues affect people, especially when it comes to how it changes them in regards to not only themselves, but also when it comes to interacting with others. I know exactly how mental health issues can make a person 'feel', but there is a massive difference between 'feeling' something and 'doing' something. As I said about booze, those that have a violent personality will become violent once they've had a few. Someone like myself however will just become even more miserable and opinionated. I won't suddenly start trying to kick the **** out of anyone that annoys me. Why? Because I was never close to being that way beforehand, and the same applies to most of those that I've seen and spoke to who suffer from mental health issues.

If you want to believe that Tyson Fury is actually a saint and that anything bad he says or does is down to his 'possible' mental health issues, then so be it. I however don't. I think he's a **** and always was and will be irrespective of any issues he 'might' have. He'll trot it out again once he says or does something bad. If people like him and Ronnie O'Sullivan were as bad as they claim, they'd barely be able to get out of bed, never mind anything else, and even if they could, they'd be more focused on getting as much help as possible (e.g. having a sustained period away from sport) rather than pocketing a load of cash.

Nineteenx
23rd February 2020, 07:42 AM
That's where your wrong. Having discussed problems around mental health with many others I think have a better grasp than most how mental health issues affect people, especially when it comes to how it changes them in regards to not only themselves, but also when it comes to interacting with others. I know exactly how mental health issues can make a person 'feel', but there is a massive difference between 'feeling' something and 'doing' something. As I said about booze, those that have a violent personality will become violent once they've had a few. Someone like myself however will just become even more miserable and opinionated. I won't suddenly start trying to kick the **** out of anyone that annoys me. Why? Because I was never close to being that way beforehand, and the same applies to most of those that I've seen and spoke to who suffer from mental health issues.

If you want to believe that Tyson Fury is actually a saint and that anything bad he says or does is down to his 'possible' mental health issues, then so be it. I however don't. I think he's a **** and always was and will be irrespective of any issues he 'might've have. He'll trot it out again once he says or does something bad. If people like him and Ronnie O'Sullivan were as bad as they claim, they'd barely be able to get out of bed, never mind anything else, and even if they could, they'd be more focused on getting as much help as possible (e.g. having a sustained period away from sport) rather than pocketing a load of cash.

Sorry Noodle, there are people who use it as a media tool, the experiences i'm talking about are very common and have been shared by many people on MD junction's bipolar forum. A PTSD trigger to behave violently isn't a conscious choice, it's a defence mechanism that your sub conscious puts in place for something it has identified as danger, ergo, once it is in place, it is incredibly difficult to treat, fix or remove, because it is not a voluntary action or behaviour, your sub conscious does it for you, you don't have a choice in the matter, the only real treatment for a condition formed in such a way is avoidance of situations that might trigger it

Edit: I'm not talking about Fury, he uses it as an excuse for bad behaviour, he doesn't have it as a condition with a comorbid PTSD as a trigger

RedNoodle
23rd February 2020, 08:38 AM
Sorry Noodle, there are people who use it as a media tool, the experiences i'm talking about are very common and have been shared by many people on MD junction's bipolar forum. A PTSD trigger to behave violently isn't a conscious choice, it's a defence mechanism that your sub conscious puts in place for something it has identified as danger, ergo, once it is in place, it is incredibly difficult to treat, fix or remove, because it is not a voluntary action or behaviour, your sub conscious does it for you, you don't have a choice in the matter, the only real treatment for a condition formed in such a way is avoidance of situations that might trigger it

Edit: I'm not talking about Fury, he uses it as an excuse for bad behaviour, he doesn't have it as a condition with a comorbid PTSD as a trigger

Having 'inside info' on PTSD I know that it's not a conscious choice. However the unconscious choice/decision is directed by two things a) The nature of the trigger, and b) The nature of the sufferer. The more extreme either of those two things, the more likely the are to engage in extreme behaviour e.g. someone who is put in a threatening situation is more likely to be violent if they already had violent tendencies and/or are put in a potentially (to them) 'violent' situation, than someone who doesn't have violent tendencies being put into a stressful, but not as potentially dangerous situation.

Nineteenx
23rd February 2020, 09:18 AM
Having 'inside info' on PTSD I know that it's not a conscious choice. However the unconscious choice/decision is directed by two things a) The nature of the trigger, and b) The nature of the sufferer. The more extreme either of those two things, the more likely the are to engage in extreme behaviour e.g. someone who is put in a threatening situation is more likely to be violent if they already had violent tendencies and/or are put in a potentially (to them) 'violent' situation, than someone who doesn't have violent tendencies being put into a stressful, but not as potentially dangerous situation.

You forgot (C) Noodle, the nature of how the PTSD was formed, the longevity over which it was formed and the extremity of the psychotic episode that continued abuse triggered, any other life traumas the psychotic episode caused (loss of independence, loss of relationships etc etc)

A situation doesn't have to be a potentially violent situation for a trigger or to trigger violence, if the psychotic episode triggered involved violent irrational otherwise completely out of character behaviour, but the prolonged abuse wasn't of a violent nature, the trigger isn't going to be violence, it's going to be behaviour the sub conscious recognises as being the same as that which occurred in the prolonged period of abuse.

So say this was work place abuse over a sustained period of time, in which the person was threatened with violence, systematically robbed, systematically abused for a disability and their life made as uncomfortable by a combination of these things and people being deliberately awkward and difficult with them also, day in, day out of a period of years, until the drip drip drip of it triggered a psychotic episode, then it could easily be triggered by being in a place of work and anybody doing these things or the sub conscious perceiving they were doing these things

Edit: It could even be triggered by something as simple as being somewhere which had similar or the same lighting and operating systems and environment as the place the prolonged abuse took place

ianlfc
23rd February 2020, 10:13 AM
Obviously I know the result but I'm now watching the repeat for the first time.
First thing I nor iced about the ring walk was the Wilder singer going on about black this and black that.
A little racist me thinks.

ianlfc
23rd February 2020, 10:14 AM
Does Wilder skip leg day ?

ianlfc
23rd February 2020, 10:17 AM
Wilder looks like he's looking for the one punch winner. Nothing else.

Nineteenx
23rd February 2020, 10:22 AM
Wilder looks like he's looking for the one punch winner. Nothing else.

I think he modelled himself on Ivan Drago :D

ianlfc
23rd February 2020, 10:24 AM
Fury caught him a cracker in the 3rd.

ianlfc
23rd February 2020, 10:29 AM
Wilder looks lost going into the 5th .

ianlfc
23rd February 2020, 10:33 AM
Fury with a couple of cracking body punches in the 5th.

ianlfc
23rd February 2020, 10:37 AM
Wilder showing some balls in the 6th.

ianlfc
23rd February 2020, 10:41 AM
He definitely done the damage with the punch to the ear in the 3rd. His trainer pointed to the ear when he asked why he through in the towel.
Well done Fury, a likeable big fella.

teesred
23rd February 2020, 11:33 AM
He definitely done the damage with the punch to the ear in the 3rd. His trainer pointed to the ear when he asked why he through in the towel.
Well done Fury, a likeable big fella.

What do you think of AJ v Fury? I've always had AJ down to beat him anyday but after that I'm not sure.
Really good show from Fury, definitely dont want to see a 3rd. It's done now.
Feel for Whyte though, no chance he's getting a title shot now.

toneata
23rd February 2020, 12:18 PM
AJ easily a better boxer than Wilder but as I've always said, his jaw gives anyone a chance. Would be a cracking fight against Fury.

Wouldn't be surprised if we see a Wilder v Fury III next anyway............easy money.

Balinkay
23rd February 2020, 01:13 PM

Wouldn't be surprised if we see a Wilder v Fury III next anyway............easy money.

Think that's what will happen.

ianlfc
23rd February 2020, 01:19 PM
What do you think of AJ v Fury? I've always had AJ down to beat him anyday but after that I'm not sure.
Really good show from Fury, definitely dont want to see a 3rd. It's done now.
Feel for Whyte though, no chance he's getting a title shot now.

It's the fight everyone wants but as it's been pointed out before Fury is with BT and AJ with Sky and I've never met a Gypsy( and I've met a few ) who has turned down money especially the sort of money he can get with a 3rd fight with Wilder never mind the AJ fight. As for who would win by the looks of it Fury definitely has a few different strings to his bow regarding his styles of boxing and AJ isn't as invincible as first thought and Fury will play the mind games and no doubt take the piss out of him for losing to Ruiz.
One things for sure Fury has made the likes of me, someone who never really watches boxing interesting again.

Kev0909
23rd February 2020, 01:31 PM
Fury was incredible, on a different level.

What a guy when you see his story and how he was 27 stone at one point, battled with addictions, depression.

Fair play to him

teesred
23rd February 2020, 01:38 PM
Does anyone really want to see a 3rd bout?
A total joke if that's what happens. The world has wanted to see an undisputed fight for years, theres a chance to see another undisputed brit heavyweight. It should be done as soon as possible.

ianlfc
23rd February 2020, 01:41 PM
It would be box office gold. A full Wembley Studium would be a definate.

LEGS
23rd February 2020, 02:22 PM
Not much point to a 3rd fight lets be right Fury has beaten him twice and was robbed by the judges in the first fight.

If Wilder cant beat him in that state he wont beat him now he is on it.

I dont think Wilder will take the fight straight away that was a hammering he took.

Only one fight to make AJ v Fury for all 4 belts and it will make more money than a third fight, forget the Sky/BT PPV they will get round that.

ianlfc
23rd February 2020, 02:35 PM
Wilder would have a legally binding contract for a 3rd fight thought. No doubt a pay off would sort it out.

LEGS
23rd February 2020, 03:01 PM
Wilder can have the 3rd fight if he activates it within the next 30 days.

That was a big beating he took...also will his ear recover in time ?

As the fight was so one sided so PPV wont be as big.

I wouldnt be surprised if Wilder fights someone like a Joseph Parker next and then takes on the winner of AJ v Fury providing he wins of course.

Balinkay
23rd February 2020, 03:09 PM
I'd be interested to see if AJ fights someone like Pulev before a big money bout with either Welder or Furry.

LEGS
23rd February 2020, 03:18 PM
I think both AJ and Fury would fight each other next it is historic for 4 belts and the money will be huge.

The only thing that stops it is if Wilder activates the clause.

Pulev wont be a problem as like Fury he is promoted by Bob Arum he will be given step aside money.

Balinkay
23rd February 2020, 03:36 PM
Ah, in that case I recon he'll be more than happy with that.

teesred
23rd February 2020, 04:48 PM
Wilder can have the 3rd fight if he activates it within the next 30 days.

That was a big beating he took...also will his ear recover in time ?

As the fight was so one sided so PPV wont be as big.

I wouldnt be surprised if Wilder fights someone like a Joseph Parker next and then takes on the winner of AJ v Fury providing he wins of course.

I honestly wouldn't see Wilder beating Parker. Parker is a big unit and it showed lasnite and in the 2 against Ortiz that Wilder is in trouble against big guys who walk him down. A myth has been dispelled lasnite for me totally. I've never rated him, hes too small for a heavyweight. Whyte,AJ,Parker could all take the fight to him and he'd struggle with their power and size.
Hes been getting away with fighting absolute bums for years. I dont think he'll win another world title fight as all the other contenders are better boxers.

RedNoodle
23rd February 2020, 04:58 PM
Does Wilder skip leg day ?

I said the same during the fight.

RedNoodle
23rd February 2020, 05:16 PM
You forgot (C) Noodle, the nature of how the PTSD was formed, the longevity over which it was formed and the extremity of the psychotic episode that continued abuse triggered, any other life traumas the psychotic episode caused (loss of independence, loss of relationships etc etc)

A situation doesn't have to be a potentially violent situation for a trigger or to trigger violence, if the psychotic episode triggered involved violent irrational otherwise completely out of character behaviour, but the prolonged abuse wasn't of a violent nature, the trigger isn't going to be violence, it's going to be behaviour the sub conscious recognises as being the same as that which occurred in the prolonged period of abuse.

So say this was work place abuse over a sustained period of time, in which the person was threatened with violence, systematically robbed, systematically abused for a disability and their life made as uncomfortable by a combination of these things and people being deliberately awkward and difficult with them also, day in, day out of a period of years, until the drip drip drip of it triggered a psychotic episode, then it could easily be triggered by being in a place of work and anybody doing these things or the sub conscious perceiving they were doing these things

Edit: It could even be triggered by something as simple as being somewhere which had similar or the same lighting and operating systems and environment as the place the prolonged abuse took place

I didn't forget (C). I originally mentioned it, however due to my pad playing up I just condensed it into two things, with the nature of the trigger meaning both the cause of the trigger(s) and the nature of the trigger(s) themselves.

No a situation doesn't have to involve a violent situation, but for the 'most' part, the more extreme a trigger (both the original event and present cause) allied to the nature of the sufferer tends to dictate how extreme their reaction will be to a trigger. The situation you use involves both the threat of violence, is sustained and involves a number of different forms of abuse, not only worsening the overall effect, but also creating a wider array of potential triggers. That on it own can cause an extreme reaction, but that may well still depend on the nature of the abused.

I can only go on what I've seen/read/watched, what I've learned by talking to 'others', and what I myself know.

ianlfc
23rd February 2020, 05:16 PM
I said the same during the fight.

If a 17+ stone heavy weight boxer is smacking you around the head , you'd expect a decent pair of legs to hold you up !!

RedNoodle
23rd February 2020, 05:19 PM
If a 17+ stone heavy weight boxer is smacking you around the head , you'd expect a decent pair of legs to hold you up !!

You would think so wouldn't you? Either they didn't work on them, or for whatever reason he just couldn't add much muscle to them.

toneata
23rd February 2020, 05:28 PM

You see the same in the gym all the time, everyone posing in the mirrors with their big arms and chest, sporting wee little chicken legs.

It'll be interesting when/if we hear about any ear drum injury as he looked completely gone after the first knockdown. Fury should have put him away much earlier, was almost like when Haye did his achilles against Bellew.

Kev0909
23rd February 2020, 06:21 PM
I'm sure he has some legs he's not exactly shite and didn't lose to fury last time

Fury was just too good on the night, wilder the opposite

Insidious
23rd February 2020, 08:55 PM
The third bout will happen annoyingly.

Wouldn't be surprised if we are waiting until 2023 or something for Joshua v Fury.

Just scrap already!

teesred
24th February 2020, 12:03 AM
The third bout will happen annoyingly.

Wouldn't be surprised if we are waiting until 2023 or something for Joshua v Fury.

Just scrap already!

I really hope not. Surely the bigger fight is AJ Fury at Wembley. I hate the rematch clauses. Fair enough after one fight but not after 2.

toneata
24th February 2020, 11:16 AM
Saw a report yesterday saying the Saudi's would throw a shitload of money at them to stage it. They both always talk about the fans and being the 'people's champion', how ironic it would be to have to the biggest fight in boxing history between two British fighters in the middle of the desert.

Joshua got £60m for the Ruiz II fight so you could see them getting offered close to £100m each for this one, no chance they'd turn that down.

teesred
24th February 2020, 12:49 PM
Saw a report yesterday saying the Saudi's would throw a shitload of money at them to stage it. They both always talk about the fans and being the 'people's champion', how ironic it would be to have to the biggest fight in boxing history between two British fighters in the middle of the desert.

Joshua got £60m for the Ruiz II fight so you could see them getting offered close to £100m each for this one, no chance they'd turn that down.

True. Money talks. If they both "appreciate" their fans then theres no way that the biggest fight in boxing history should not be in the UK. It would be a travesty if it were not but it may not happen at all.

Kev0909
24th February 2020, 11:29 PM
BREAKING | Deontay Wilder has confirmed he will trigger the rematch clause in his contract for a trilogy fight with Tyson Fury.

toneata
25th February 2020, 01:35 AM
Ha ha, Wilder has blamed his 18kg entrance costume on weakening his chicken legs before the fight. You couldn't make this shit up.

"Fury didn't hurt me at all, but the simple fact is that my uniform was way too heavy for me,"
"I didn't have no legs from the beginning of the fight - in the third round, my legs were just shot all the way through,"
"I was only able to put it on [for the first time] the night before but I didn't think it was going to be that heavy."

"I wanted it to be good and I guess I put that before anything."

What a clown.

LEGS
25th February 2020, 05:43 PM
Just when you thought nobody could top the David "broke my toe" Haye excuse along comes the bronze bomber 🤣

teesred
26th February 2020, 08:43 AM
Haha yeah right. What a doofus that guy is. Hes saying hes taking the rematch.
Very dangerous, if he more than likely gets busted up again where does that leave him?
Genuinely dont think he'll win another world title again.

toneata
26th February 2020, 04:25 PM
Wilder's 34, I don't think he cares about dominating or unification anymore. He just wants one more big pay check.

redebreck
27th February 2020, 11:28 PM
Fury has reportedly donated his purse to help homeless people.
I would hope it refers to homeless people in the UK.
Fair kudos to him if it is true.

Martyboy
29th February 2020, 04:38 PM
Ha ha, Wilder has blamed his 18kg entrance costume on weakening his chicken legs before the fight. You couldn't make this shit up.

"Fury didn't hurt me at all, but the simple fact is that my uniform was way too heavy for me,"
"I didn't have no legs from the beginning of the fight - in the third round, my legs were just shot all the way through,"
"I was only able to put it on [for the first time] the night before but I didn't think it was going to be that heavy."

What a clown.

Only just read this on the BBC website....The guy's having a tin bath!!....He was outclassed....Fucking wally!!:)

stevie harkness
29th February 2020, 04:49 PM
Fury has reportedly donated his purse to help homeless people.
I would hope it refers to homeless people in the UK.
Fair kudos to him if it is true.

I read that his gesture was prompted by the amount of homelessness in America but that his donation was indeed to UK charities.

CCTV
5th March 2020, 01:56 PM

What a clown.

Pathetic excuse, his camp said his ear drum was fine after the medics checked him over.

Guess his balance issues were down to getting smashed in the head.

Nineteenx
24th March 2020, 12:26 AM
Have you heard some of the things Fury has come out with, never mind some of his antics? He's another classless **** who uses mental health issues to try and justify him being a massive ****. It's what I like to call 'The Ronnie O'Sullivan effect'.

Well, I have bipolar 1, and PTSD and I've worked out what all the geniuses in mental health care have been unable to

As you will be aware with bipolar 1 you have less frequent episodes, but when you have them, they last longer and you can have mixed episodes in which you're experiencing both mania and depressive symptoms. You can have years between episodes

What they don't understand and what I've only had the epiphany of tonight is that the severity of my PTSD triggers cause by 4 years of sustained abuse and it being subconscious as opposed to conscious, means several things

Exposure to environments that will trigger my PTSD is a very bad idea, as my PTSD being triggered triggers another major bipolar episode when kept away from those environments I might otherwise not have one

Something 'snapped' in my Manc episode, meaning I am actually very dangerous when my PTSD resulting from it is triggered

As someone who has long practiced more sophisticated methods of CBT to correct my behaviour for years, I know from having tried to do things I usually did to 'recover' after a major episode and that now triggering the PTSD and another major episode, that CBT won't ever work for my condition

So I am a real problem for them, they shouldn't medicate me constantly, because with bipolar 1 you can have years between episodes, CBT won't work and has only served to trigger more major episodes, but if they don't medicate me, then I'm not officially mentally ill because the system is an absolute nonsense and if I am medicated when not having an episode, I can't do anything anyway, it can actually then bring on an episode through making me depressed