11th March 2020, 11:00 PM
The doubters
1 goal
1 assist

New contract

Worldie class

justme
11th March 2020, 11:36 PM
You opened a thread while the game was playing.. anyone would think you want to be noticed.

justincredible
11th March 2020, 11:40 PM
You opened a thread while the game was playing.. anyone would think you want to be noticed.

Are you accusing dicko of being an ATTENTION SEEKING WHORE.???

justme
11th March 2020, 11:41 PM
Are you accusing dicko of being an ATTENTION SEEKING WHORE.???
Nah as if I would :D

CCTV
11th March 2020, 11:59 PM
Would guess he's got a contract offer and they're negotiating.

miller0863
12th March 2020, 12:14 AM
Hendo and Gini easily the best midfielders we have

teesred
12th March 2020, 12:24 AM
Agree Miller. They're brilliant, that 3 tonight was but the issue is you dont get that show from Ox a anywhere near enough. A player who puts regular performances in needs to go alongside Hendo and Gini.
Who that is I dont know.

TheDOC1979
12th March 2020, 12:25 AM
Wijnaldum was great today. Absolutely awesome. Ox has his best game in a while still think he should’ve stayed on, but nothing you can do about our second string goalkeepers hating cups. Henderson is just class

Aldo1988
12th March 2020, 12:41 AM
Remember when Doc didn't want him near the club?

TheDOC1979
12th March 2020, 12:51 AM
Remember when Doc didn't want him near the club?

I remember Aldo. I’ll let you have your moment of glory.

Glad he’s proved me wrong

Aldo1988
12th March 2020, 12:54 AM

He proved you wrong from the moment you slagged him off but you couldn't see it then and are only seeing it now because he's scored important goals.

TheDOC1979
12th March 2020, 12:57 AM
He proved you wrong from the moment you slagged him off but you couldn't see it then and are only seeing it now because he's scored important goals.

Nope, not in the slightest about his goals. He still hasn’t scored many. More to the extent about his game play and control. He’s still not perfect mind you with some lapses, but he’s been great since I slagged him off!

Nineteenx
12th March 2020, 01:02 AM
Sign him up, we need Gini and Hendo for Soumare and Fabian Ruiz to learn from ;)

Nineteenx
12th March 2020, 01:03 AM
Nope, not in the slightest about his goals. He still hasn’t scored many. More to the extent about his game play and control. He’s still not perfect mind you with some lapses, but he’s been great since I slagged him off!

Needs to do a lot of work on his switch ball, he's started playing it in the last 2 games when he previously hasn't ever played it to my recollection, and it's very important he has a great switch ball

RedNoodle
12th March 2020, 01:26 AM

One game a season/career does not make. Admittedly he seems to like home games in the CL, but that doesn't suddenly erase all the games where he's lets say 'less than prominent'.

Nineteenx
12th March 2020, 01:32 AM
One game a season/career does not make. Admittedly he seems to like home games in the CL, but that doesn't suddenly erase all the games where he's lets say 'less than prominent'.

Depends how you view the game and how we play, he's highly prominent every game in my view as I fully appreciate the role he performs for the team

Aldo1988
12th March 2020, 09:55 AM
Depends how you view the game and how we play, he's highly prominent every game in my view as I fully appreciate the role he performs for the team

Yep, as I say, some people don't see what he brings to the team.

Nineteenx
17th March 2020, 05:46 PM
Gini

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/390586-georginio-wijnaldum-interview-development-jurgen-klopp

Insidious
29th December 2020, 11:59 PM
Had to go back quite a way to find a specific thread.

In the spirit of "your team against" threads - what do we offer him?

It's his last big pay-day most likely. We can hardly offer him £200k a week for 4 years as he may not be "worth" the £200k per week 2 years from now and he would become difficult to sell. Can we be creative and offer him a contract whereby he is guaranteed bigger money for the next 1-2 seasons (where we still really need him) and it drops down a bit for the final two seasons? Though in fairness, why would he accept that?

It's a tricky one to balance.

RedNoodle
30th December 2020, 12:19 AM
He's not good enough to demand similar wages to the likes of Salah, Mane, Allison etc, especially given that he often goes awol away from Anfield, never mind that he really should be scoring a few more goals.

Do I want him to stay? If we're not going to replace him with someone as good, if not better, then yes. However if we have someone lined up to replace him who Klopp has personally identified, him leaving might not be as big a blow as some think it would be.

justme
30th December 2020, 12:41 AM
it will be a massive blow if he leaves.

dicko1969
30th December 2020, 05:44 AM
Not if ... When he leaves

Kev0909
30th December 2020, 11:25 PM
I'm sure today will have helped his decision.

HLOGI
30th December 2020, 11:55 PM
it will be a massive blow if he leaves.

Massive.

dicko1969
31st December 2020, 01:56 AM
Henderson Thiago Fabinho

Oxlade Jones Keita Minamino

For 2021/22

TheDOC1979
23rd January 2021, 12:22 PM
Back on my Gini bashing. He needs to go! Honestly saw one good game from him and absolutely nothing else. One easy run and pass to Salah and thats it. He provides absolutely nothing to our attack and he is the one player on the team sheet I wouldn't miss at all.

Might be a nice guy and a good character, but he has no leadership skills, or any awareness. get rid and replace with some quality in the summer. Wasteman

LEGS
23rd January 2021, 12:39 PM
No leadership Gini wow.

He is captain of Holland and Klopp sees him as one of his big 4 ..Hendo VVD Milner and Gini.

You might think he is crap but when big clubs are trying to sign you it tells me he might actually be an ok player !

We will miss him if he goes but it looks like he will do.

Steveo
23rd January 2021, 12:56 PM
Surely nobody could suggest that our Gini is crap..? People talk about missing Hendo... Wait till Gini goes... I really can’t bare the thought to be honest.

TheDOC1979
23rd January 2021, 01:03 PM
No leadership Gini wow.

He is captain of Holland and Klopp sees him as one of his big 4 ..Hendo VVD Milner and Gini.

You might think he is crap but when big clubs are trying to sign you it tells me he might actually be an ok player !

We will miss him if he goes but it looks like he will do.

He clearly has a different thought process when playing for the Dutch.

I am still yet to see what he provides the team going forward. More often than not, he is caught out and has a rare run at a defence and then does nothing. We could do much better.

Just my opinion mind you. A lot like him, I do not and think he makes our attack weaker.

LEGS
23rd January 2021, 01:08 PM
He clearly has a different thought process when playing for the Dutch.

I am still yet to see what he provides the team going forward. More often than not, he is caught out and has a rare run at a defence and then does nothing. We could do much better.

Just my opinion mind you. A lot like him, I do not and think he makes our attack weaker.

I agree at Holland he has scored 13 in his last 20.

He just has a different role here.

Each are entitled to there opinion and I think he will go lets hope the replacement is good.

skyebo
23rd January 2021, 01:21 PM
He played his part in bagging us the big two. Also, no lack of effort since we had an idea he'd be leaving. Wish him well there.

Balinkay
23rd January 2021, 01:59 PM
Surely nobody could suggest that our Gini is crap..? People talk about missing Hendo... Wait till Gini goes... I really can’t bare the thought to be honest.

See him we have to replace. And we have to go big. Fabinho big.

Kev0909
23rd January 2021, 02:47 PM
See him we have to replace. And we have to go big. Fabinho big.

Wouldn't be so sure

Thiag/Hendo/Fab/Ox/Keita/Jones

Still think thiago is wij's replacement not that I agree with it at all

Think a origi replacement and a CB is 100% on the cards then hopefully a quality CM but let's see how broke we are

at least we'll have some players currently on loan (apart from Elliot) to sell, so we might be able to afford someone from them sales!

eggy81
23rd January 2021, 02:55 PM
Might as well not have keita. He’s been a disaster

Kev0909
23rd January 2021, 03:01 PM
Might as well not have keita. He’s been a disaster

Well tough we're stuck with him can't see anyone buying him can you? unless at a HUGE loss

Unless we pointlessly loan him out for years?

Balinkay
23rd January 2021, 03:17 PM
I don't know if we will, Kev, but we have to. Oxo and Keita I don't count at all. They're never available.

Kev0909
23rd January 2021, 03:25 PM
I don't know if we will, Kev, but we have to. Oxo and Keita I don't count at all. They're never available.

They to do FSG on wages.... that's all that matters and if they're somewhat involved in transfers, I doubt they'll think they need another CM with 6 of em + grujic on loan assuming milner is leaving that is too.

What happens when you're limited and make a mistake, you end up in this position otherwise some players would already be out the door.

Balinkay
23rd January 2021, 04:45 PM
I see your point Kev, but someone will surely buy Grujic for a decent fee? Hertha loved him iirc.

Oxo we can keep as he's English and offers something different, but Milner will likely leave as will Keita I feel. That would only leave us with Thiago, Hendo, Oxo, The Fabulous One and Jones in midfield. Considering we play three of them each game, five is not enough. Now factor in their injuries and that's basically four senior CMs. We should be striving for five senior ones + Jones + maybe another talent like him.

Selling Millie and Keita and losing Wij will probably free up 250-300k of weekly wages. A good chunk of change for any single player!

faridtoxteth
23rd January 2021, 05:04 PM
Gini has been fantastic for us. i can't understand why some people don't see that. Tenacious. Hardly ever loses the ball. has even come up with big goals.

jozza800
23rd January 2021, 06:38 PM
Gini has been fantastic for us. i can't understand why some people don't see that. Tenacious. Hardly ever loses the ball. has even come up with big goals.

He's excellent when we're up against good sides and we need to keep the ball more. He very rarely gives it away or gets caught in possession.

I do think he slows us down in games against the bus parkers. He has a tendency to take a touch too many and waits to see what options he has, by which time the space has gone.

Insidious
23rd May 2021, 11:41 AM
“An LFC legend now and forever. He is an architect of our success. We have built this Liverpool on his legs, lungs, brain and his huge, beautiful heart.”

“At the time of writing this, he has not confirmed his intentions for next season. If he goes, he does so knowing we as his team-mates are eternally grateful for having this special human being come into our lives. I love him and he will always be family.”

- the words of our wonderful manager.

Nineteenx
23rd May 2021, 01:22 PM
“An LFC legend now and forever. He is an architect of our success. We have built this Liverpool on his legs, lungs, brain and his huge, beautiful heart.”

“At the time of writing this, he has not confirmed his intentions for next season. If he goes, he does so knowing we as his team-mates are eternally grateful for having this special human being come into our lives. I love him and he will always be family.”

- the words of our wonderful manager.

Yes I read that also, Gini is a true Liverpool legend and every word of what Jurgen said is absolutely true and what about those two goals in the Champions League semi v Barcelona

Insidious
23rd May 2021, 03:57 PM
Yes I read that also, Gini is a true Liverpool legend and every word of what Jurgen said is absolutely true and what about those two goals in the Champions League semi v Barcelona

Indeed.

Also, an enormously needed relief-provider in 16/17. Last game of the season against Middlesbrough and we need a win to secure Top Four, he gets the first of our 3 goals after that had been a very anxiety-inducing first half. That opens the door and we finish the season a very happy bunch.

Almost certainly his last game today against Palace. Thank you Gini, it's been a pleasure. Often the "unseen" player quietly helping the game tick along, but some stand-out memories too.

Top lad.

jozza800
23rd May 2021, 06:22 PM
Modern day Ronnie Whelan.

Obviously the Barca semi sticks out in the memory, but he's never been a 'highlights' player. You need these sorts of 'glue' players amongst the superstars.

Wish him all the best.

CCTV
23rd May 2021, 06:28 PM
Yeah, probably underpaid during the duration of his stay here, which will be amended when he signs a new contract. Guessing elsewhere.

Good lad, best wishes wherever he lands up.

skyebo
23rd May 2021, 06:38 PM
Fully deserved his applause today when he got replaced. Played a huge part in bagging us the big ones. Good luck wherever you end up, I just wish you were staying.

miller0863
23rd May 2021, 06:48 PM
Mixed feelings over Gini, always felt like we could do better but he’s a big game player, keeps the ball really well and has vast experience at the absolute top of the game.
Overall I’d prefer him to stay, just get rid of Keita instead. Doubt Ox will go because he’s English.

teesred
23rd May 2021, 06:58 PM
I'll miss him. A fabulous player and servant.
Deserves his place in our history.

Nineteenx
23rd May 2021, 10:20 PM
I'm going to really miss Gini, he was incredible and selfless, his controller role for us was very far removed from how he played at his other clubs and for the Dutch national side, it's a day to celebrate our great finish to the season and incredible turnaround and everything that Gini gave us and was part of, but it's also very sad to see Gini go, he's one of our other midfielders who was drastically underrated and under appreciated by too many people

Taksin
23rd May 2021, 10:30 PM
Lovely, silky smooth footballer. I used to think he disappeared in away games but the last two seasons he has become much more consistent. I hope there’s a chance he might stay

Nineteenx
23rd May 2021, 10:39 PM
Lovely, silky smooth footballer. I used to think he disappeared in away games but the last two seasons he has become much more consistent. I hope there’s a chance he might stay

I hope that too, we already need to get one CM in during the summer while having a clear out of the 4 failed attempts to sign a productive attacking midfielder, if FSG let Gini go, we need 2 high quality CMs, one attacking, one to fill the huge void Gini will leave who can also provide cover for No6

Steveo
24th May 2021, 08:00 AM
“I’m fighting against tears right now. The people in Liverpool have shown me love during the five years. I will miss them, you know?”

Soon after he signed for us I began to realise what a gem he was, not just on the field of play but the man himself.

Every player in the squad loves him and it’s so clear to see. Klopp adores him and it really isn’t hard to see why.

I must admit I was holding back the tears too as he bid farewell to the Kop. We are losing more than a player.

A total one off...

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2021/05/gini-wijnaldum-confirms-he-is-leaving-lfc-i-have-to-start-a-new-adventure/

scientificred
24th May 2021, 09:08 AM
Virtually an ever-present fur us over those 5 seasons.
178 PL appearances out of a possible 190.
Remember being very worried about him playing against us when he was at Newcastle.
So glad when he joined now so sad that he's leaving.

jr81
24th May 2021, 10:24 AM
“I’m fighting against tears right now. The people in Liverpool have shown me love during the five years. I will miss them, you know?”

Soon after he signed for us I began to realise what a gem he was, not just on the field of play but the man himself.

Every player in the squad loves him and it’s so clear to see. Klopp adores him and it really isn’t hard to see why.

I must admit I was holding back the tears too as he bid farewell to the Kop. We are losing more than a player.

A total one off...

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2021/05/gini-wijnaldum-confirms-he-is-leaving-lfc-i-have-to-start-a-new-adventure/

Has anyone come out and said why he is leaving. What is the issue/reasoning?
Does he just want to try something new?
Is it down to the Contract? If it's the contract then it's very short sighted by the club.

Insidious
24th May 2021, 10:59 AM
Is it down to the Contract? If it's the contract then it's very short sighted by the club.

That very much depends on the details, which we don't know.

He'll be 31 in November. He was on roughly £90,000 per week. Some talk in the background a while back is he wanted parity with the other mainstays of the team. If we use Thiago's wage packet as a yard-stick (£200,000 per week) and Wijnaldum wanted to be quite close to that (let's say £150,000 per week as it's a neat, concise figure) along with the talk that he wanted a 4-year deal when we had offered a 3-year deal, then you're talking about committing (£150,000 per week for 4 years) a sum of a little over £31m in wages for a player who is more likely to give 2-3 good years rather than 4 and that is depreciating in value should we ever wish to sell.

I'm all in favour of having the odd player who is a bit "older" around the club, but you don't want to make a habit of it. Gini is excellent now but if we had him and Henderson hitting 33/34 at the same time in the future, it creates a problem. More often than not it's better to prevent too many members of a squad from hitting certain ages at the same time.

It's up to the club to make good use of the "saved" £31m or so over the coming seasons - the capacity to tie down Van Dijk and Salah for example (if talking wages) or boost Trent's income - or whoever it is - or to have the money for 4 instalments for a £30m player spread out over a 4-year period (most of Konate's fee right there) is what the club are likely looking at.

Hopefully it proves to be the correct call. We do have to look to the future now and then.

scientificred
24th May 2021, 11:01 AM
It may well be a contract issue but personally I think it may be also a little to do with having put in such a shift over 5 years for a Klopp team in what is probably not his favoured role.
Amazing he has remained pretty much injury-free.
A remarkable athlete.
Perhaps he feels it was time for less lung- busting stuff and a time, while there is still time and still injury-free, to show his undoubted skills in a different role.
Thank you Gini.

justme
24th May 2021, 11:50 AM
Apparently he wanted 4 years and club offered 3 years..3 years is a long contract. Don't know why he didn't take it personally

Nineteenx
24th May 2021, 12:02 PM
Apparently he wanted 4 years and club offered 3 years..3 years is a long contract. Don't know why he didn't take it personally

Agent probably, the scum of the earth, so many people in this world make obscene amounts of the money off the back of other people's abilities

TheDOC1979
24th May 2021, 12:37 PM
Agent probably, the scum of the earth, so many people in this world make obscene amounts of the money off the back of other people's abilities

Some players have disregarded their agents altogether when they really want something.

Won’t consider him as a “legend” just because of his two goals against Barca, nor will I consider him one because he was never injured. Far too many mediocre and subpar performances. I guess he’s like Lucas, fan favourite because when was always available.

reddownunder
24th May 2021, 12:50 PM
Milner will be kept until he's 36. I don't know if anyone is as fit as Milner but Gini comes close so I don't see his age as a big issue. Milner is on £140,000 per week. I think we need a bit more creativity in midfield but if we can sign that player and keep Gini then that would be ideal.

Insidious
24th May 2021, 12:54 PM
Milner will be kept until he's 36. I don't know if anyone is as fit as Milner but Gini comes close so I don't see his age as a big issue. Milner is on £140,000 per week. I think we need a bit more creativity in midfield but if we can sign that player and keep Gini then that would be ideal.

The thing about Milner is that he will only be getting less minutes as time goes on, where Jones will be getting more so as to develop him.

So in terms of places in a 25-man squad, Jones will likely "replace" Milner (not like-for-like obviously) by the time 22/23 comes around and hopefully a transfer will replace Wijnaldum's spot.

Then it's a case of whether or not we can "replace" (again, may not be like-for-like) the minutes that Keita and Ox haven't been putting on the pitch, though I think Klopp wants Ox to stay.

vin
24th May 2021, 01:05 PM
Some players have disregarded their agents altogether when they really want something.

Won’t consider him as a “legend” just because of his two goals against Barca, nor will I consider him one because he was never injured. Far too many mediocre and subpar performances. I guess he’s like Lucas, fan favourite because when was always available.

You're serious about the Lucas comparison?
BTW Lucas was far from a fan favourite.

scientificred
24th May 2021, 01:05 PM
The thing about Milner is that he will only be getting less minutes as time goes on, where Jones will be getting more so as to develop him.

So in terms of places in a 25-man squad, Jones will likely "replace" Milner (not like-for-like obviously) by the time 22/23 comes around and hopefully a transfer will replace Wijnaldum's spot.

Then it's a case of whether or not we can "replace" (again, may not be like-for-like) the minutes that Keita and Ox haven't been putting on the pitch, though I think Klopp wants Ox to stay.

We need our English contingent too.
Maybe you know Sid, better than me, as to what the balance needs to be regarding foreign v home-grown players, and what constitutes a home-grown player?
Especially now that we are post- Brexit.
Many transfer suggestions thus far appear to involve getting rid of some home-grown and replacing with completely foreign.

dicko1969
24th May 2021, 01:19 PM
"Georginio Gregion Emile Wijnaldum (né Boateng;

Wijnaldum was born and raised in Rotterdam, South Holland.

When he was six years old, his parents, who are both of Surinamese descent, went through a divorce resulting in his mother moving to Amsterdam.

However, Wijnaldum decided to stay in Rotterdam and moved in with his grandmother, where he lived for the remainder of his childhood.

In Wijnaldum's younger years, he never showed interest in football. He never played with a ball or watched football on TV. His ambition was to become a gymnast or acrobat.

This changed when Wijnaldum's cousin asked him to come to Sparta Rotterdam's opening day with him; then he was invited to the Sparta Rotterdam youth academy and his love for football started to grow slowly.

Wijnaldum was formerly known as Georginio Boateng, but following his mother's divorce, he took her maiden name (Wijnaldum)."

I guess the gymnastic side of him gives that tonic and robust ever fit side.

dicko1969
24th May 2021, 01:25 PM
Gini has been mostly Brilliant.
Ever present.
22 goals in 237 games.
Bare in mind our goals come from the front 3.

I played in a midfield 3 and it is a really difficult transformation from a midfield 4.
Less goals and more discipline.

Gini has been fantastic value.
£25m and £25m approx salary Over 5 years.

Sad to see him go. But part of the transformation period of liverpool ageing side.
New blood.

What's more disappointing is the fact now it should be Keita or Oxlade strong into that role.
But like matip too fitness wise totally unreliable.

Happy to bring in Wilson and Elliot into the squad.

Shaqiri Origi Keita Oxlade if it were championship manager youd be selling on.

Henderson Thiago Fabinho Jones Oxlade Keita seems healthy.
But this midfield has too many injury concerns.

Nineteenx
24th May 2021, 01:27 PM
We need our English contingent too.
Maybe you know Sid, better than me, as to what the balance needs to be regarding foreign v home-grown players, and what constitutes a home-grown player?
Especially now that we are post- Brexit.
Many transfer suggestions thus far appear to involve getting rid of some home-grown and replacing with completely foreign.

You need eight homegrown players in your Premier League and Champions League squads - Kelleher, Robertson, Trent, Gomez, Phillips, Henderson, Milner, Jones, Elliot, Neco

dicko1969
24th May 2021, 01:30 PM
Phillips wont be here next season.

dicko1969
24th May 2021, 01:30 PM
Williams will be

Nineteenx
24th May 2021, 01:35 PM

Well you might not, but our midfield 3 comprised or was supposed to comprise of the following:

A controller, a No6 and a more attacking CM, Gini played the controller role and he played is absolutely superbly throughout his time at the club and his ability in that role was a huge part of the evolution of the team, the evolution of how our forwards and full backs were able to play and why we won the Premier League and Champions League and he never once let us down and for me is an absolute legend

Our most important players who have played their roles in that midfield to the highest levels have been Gini and Hendo, all the players who were bought and have supposed to have been the more attacking CM have been well below the required levels and what was expected of them, Keita, Ox, Shaqiri, Minamino

SydneyLFC
24th May 2021, 01:38 PM
Time to be honest - I was never a big Gini fan. Not consistent enough. Love the Barca performance but those type were too few and far apart. He was solid but nothing more - for me.

scientificred
24th May 2021, 01:46 PM
"Georginio Gregion Emile Wijnaldum (né Boateng;

Wijnaldum was born and raised in Rotterdam, South Holland.

When he was six years old, his parents, who are both of Surinamese descent, went through a divorce resulting in his mother moving to Amsterdam.

However, Wijnaldum decided to stay in Rotterdam and moved in with his grandmother, where he lived for the remainder of his childhood.

In Wijnaldum's younger years, he never showed interest in football. He never played with a ball or watched football on TV. His ambition was to become a gymnast or acrobat.

This changed when Wijnaldum's cousin asked him to come to Sparta Rotterdam's opening day with him; then he was invited to the Sparta Rotterdam youth academy and his love for football started to grow slowly.

Wijnaldum was formerly known as Georginio Boateng, but following his mother's divorce, he took her maiden name (Wijnaldum)."

I guess the gymnastic side of him gives that tonic and robust ever fit side.
Thank you Dicko. Great story. Maybe helps explain his great athletic longevity.

Kev0909
24th May 2021, 02:17 PM
We'll miss him, honestly he seems the only midfielder that go forward and dribble with the ball, very good at not losing too....

obviously there's a few others we have but they're never fit.

scientificred
24th May 2021, 02:29 PM
We'll miss him, honestly he seems the only midfielder that go forward and dribble with the ball, very good at not losing too....

As an outside left-field thought..
Could Firmino drop back into a more predominantly midfield role?
He has the class
Was not always a striker
For example Ray Kennedy

Kev0909
24th May 2021, 02:48 PM
As an outside left-field thought..
Could Firmino drop back into a more predominantly midfield role?
He has the class
Was not always a striker
For example Ray Kennedy

Aye you never know, firminos always been more of a AMC to me than a forward, I believe that's what he was before? if you had 2 solid midfielders behind him that know how to tackle or next to him, it could work v some teams at least, and with a proper forward up top.

scientificred
24th May 2021, 02:54 PM
Aye you never know, firminos always been more of a AMC to me than a forward, I believe that's what he was before? if you had 2 solid midfielders behind him that know how to tackle or next to him, it could work v some teams at least, and with a proper forward up top.

Think he started as a defender

scientificred
24th May 2021, 03:04 PM
Think he started as a defender
Correction Kev0909. Started as DM.

Nineteenx
27th May 2021, 04:24 PM
I'm incredibly sad to see Gini leaving, he hass many more abilities than for the purposes we used him, and made great sacrifice to play the specific controller role Jurgen wanted him to, using his immense physical fitness, power and strength, ability to work in tight areas and drive the ball forward and reading and understanding of the game to play off all our other mids and defenders in his role and did an incredible job in it that was drastically under appreciated by far too many.

The reason I remain keen on Soumare as his replacement and still hope the we do snatch Rodgers signing from under his nose at the last, is that with Gini, we took a player more accustomed to playing a more attacking role who had all the above attributes to play our controller role successfully and the only thing Gini lacked in the role was medium to longer passing ability. Soumare is a player who has all the attributes Jurgen identified in Gini to play that role, but he has equal levels of natural fitness, greater power, strength and speed and better medium to long range passing ideal for the role and has grown and developed playing in that role -AND unlike Bissouma, he doesn't have the Afcon issue, so to me, it's a no brainer

toshin
28th May 2021, 03:10 AM

Yes I don't understand why he got any criticism.
What did people expect him to do? what Coutinho did?

His ball retention under pressure is incredible and I think overall he's our most complete MF.
I cant remember any occasions where he was poor and most other players weren't even worse. Just a shame his goal contribution was not the same as with the national team. Yes I know his position is different but his shooting seems better for the national team.
22 in 73 for them, 22 in 178 for us lol

miller0863
7th June 2021, 01:20 PM
Don’t know how he’s expected to manage on a penny less…

“According to Dutch outlet De Telegraaf, the French giants have offered the box-to-box midfielder an annual salary worth more than £8.6million (after tax) on a three-year deal.“

Basically £165,000 AFTER TAX. So probably more like £300k a week.

Kev0909
7th June 2021, 02:33 PM
Don’t know how he’s expected to manage on a penny less…

“According to Dutch outlet De Telegraaf, the French giants have offered the box-to-box midfielder an annual salary worth more than £8.6million (after tax) on a three-year deal.“

Basically £165,000 AFTER TAX. So probably more like £300k a week.

Bet his agent has had a nice pay day too.....

Still, I look at boxing and it makes me feel better about football, so corrupt and completely about £££££ stupid fights against a youtuber, nets you 35m LOL.

TheDOC1979
25th July 2021, 01:04 PM
“I left because I didn’t feel loved on social media”

Dipshit, you left because the Qatari money was more appealing.

eggy81
25th July 2021, 01:15 PM
“I left because I didn’t feel loved on social media”

Dipshit, you left because the Qatari money was more appealing.
Fuck me. Anyone capable of making a statement that sad can fook off to be honest

TheDOC1979
25th July 2021, 01:21 PM
Not sure why players come out with moronic comments when they leave

Kev0909
25th July 2021, 01:39 PM
Rofl.

ianlfc
25th July 2021, 02:32 PM
Just so well he wasn't a England penalty taker !!

LEGS
25th July 2021, 04:21 PM
As I said a month back he left for €€€€€€.

No other reason for it now he is blaming fans.

miller0863
25th July 2021, 04:26 PM
Way to shoot yourself in the foot Gini la.

Just lost a lot of respect never mind love from a hell of LFC fans.
Me included.

teesred
25th July 2021, 04:47 PM
Absolute fanny. Ill bet Klopp thinks he's a right whopper now.
Just tell the truth, you left for the money. None of us have an issue with that.

justme
25th July 2021, 04:59 PM
I can kinda understand his grievance over the money he was earing 70 thousand a week (apparently) and he was always fit and gave everything.. Keita and Oxlade were never fit and are on 100 thousand a week each.
But the social media thing is bollocks. I didnt want him to go but hes gone now. So time for all parties to move on.

southernboy
25th July 2021, 05:28 PM
It would serve him well to learn that the majority of the “supporters” slagging him off on social media probably haven’t been to England, never mind Anfield. It’s a cesspit of morons. It’s truly embarrassing to be honest.

ianlfc
25th July 2021, 06:41 PM
He seemed happy enough with the fans on the home coming parade around Liverpool after Madrid.
PSG in the Champions league it is then.

Steveo
25th July 2021, 07:14 PM
Didn’t he cite the owners originally “those at the top”?

Feels like some concerted PR is in play with any Liverpool FC associated media, twisting the picture to be about social media and many are not bothering to read.

Crimson Dynasty
25th July 2021, 07:29 PM
Didn’t he cite the owners originally “those at the top”?

Feels like some concerted PR is in play with any Liverpool FC associated media, twisting the picture to be about social media and many are not bothering to read.

Actually he DID say "Social Media" (or rather fans on Social media).
Nobody twisted that part. It was a direct quote of what he said.

Which is pretty silly because there are other players in our squad now who get far worse abuse on social media and you don't hear them using it as a reason to agitate for a move or a higher salary.

He left for a 300k payday.
He should stop trying to apply a different coat of paint on it.
It's like he's suggesting if he had had less social media "abuse" (or as we call it, "stick" for the days he actually did his disappearing act in matches), he would have stayed even if the team only bumped his salary up a bit but not all the way up to 300k.

Bollocks!

He was nothing, and a middling player from a mid-level team that Klopp plucked out of nowhere and made him into what he is today.
Champion's League and League winner.
Netherlands captain.
And now 300,000 salaried player at PSG.

Everything he is, and has now he owes in its entirety to Liverpool FC and Jurgen Klopp AND the fans he thinks hated him so much.

It would serve him well to show some respect.

Daffydd
25th July 2021, 07:30 PM
It would serve him well to learn that the majority of the “supporters” slagging him off on social media probably haven’t been to England, never mind Anfield. It’s a cesspit of morons. It’s truly embarrassing to be honest.

He does acknowledge that to be fair.

"My feeling was that the fans in the stadium and the fans on social media were two different kinds.

The fans in the stadium always supported me. Even when they came back [when fans could attend games], already knowing that I was going to leave, they still supported me and, in the end, they gave me a great farewell."

eggy81
25th July 2021, 08:00 PM
He does acknowledge that to be fair.

"My feeling was that the fans in the stadium and the fans on social media were two different kinds.

The fans in the stadium always supported me. Even when they came back [when fans could attend games], already knowing that I was going to leave, they still supported me and, in the end, they gave me a great farewell."

Pretty obvious to be fair that this would be the situation. No need to making such stupid excuses. It’s the club’s and his unwillingness to come to an agreement that saw him leave. Just say that and move on

Daffydd
25th July 2021, 08:32 PM
Pretty obvious to be fair that this would be the situation. No need to making such stupid excuses. It’s the club’s and his unwillingness to come to an agreement that saw him leave. Just say that and move on

True enough. I might go on social media and slag him a bit more now.

ianlfc
25th July 2021, 09:12 PM
I doubt all the abuse came from actual liverpool fans. Fake accounts is very popular among the cunts of this sad world we find ourselves in.

Steveo
25th July 2021, 09:53 PM
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/07/24/didnt-feel-loved-appreciated-fsg-fans-social-media-leaving-liverpool/

'I didn't feel loved or appreciated' by FSG and fans on social media when leaving Liverpool, says Gini Wijnaldum
The PSG midfielder says he felt loved by his team-mates, staff and fans in the ground, but his departure from Liverpool still stings

Funny how the key first part of his statement seems to be absent from Liverpool fan media… We all know Social media is awash with idiots BUT he cites the owners - but this doesn’t seem to be of interest.

Yes Ian - they are very good.

LEGS
25th July 2021, 09:58 PM
It doesnt really what Gini says he has gone for the money its that simple its coming over abit of a dick.

Its easy to blame FSG but what salary did he want ? £200k a week ???

He is still a quality player but he wanted a 4 year deal what if he went downhill after 18-24 months then we are stuck like Arsenal were with Ozil.

Steveo
25th July 2021, 10:00 PM
Naaah - and no again.

Numerous reports of Klopp being overruled by FSG on keeping Gini.

LEGS
25th July 2021, 10:16 PM
You hate FSG so it suits your arguement the fact he has joined an oil club is enough for me to guess Gini has lined his pockets.

Not saying I blame him but at least be honest why doesnt he say what wages he is on at PSG.

He was well paid lets not pretend he was on £10 an hour

Steveo
25th July 2021, 10:20 PM
He stated them as a primary reason. Klopp was also upset at being overruled.

Don’t get upset with me because my view of them is becoming more common knowledge.

Suck it up.

Steveo
25th July 2021, 10:24 PM
He was on just under £90k a week - it’s good money - but far less than others who don’t pull the same weight - but he didn’t leave for PSG because we wouldn’t pay him hundreds of thousands a week - he went because the ‘higher ups’ would not sanction an extension to his contract - one that Klopp wanted.

miller0863
25th July 2021, 10:24 PM
No one blames him for taking the money but at least admit it and stop trying to mug us off ffs.

Steveo
25th July 2021, 10:25 PM
Yawn.

If only half of yous were half as hard on the twats “running” the club - and stopped feeling so offended when a player says what he thinks.

Just because many of you see the dollar signs $$$ and can’t see beyond it - does not me that was the driving force for Gini. It just shows how much it would take to buy you.

LEGS
25th July 2021, 10:26 PM
Im not blaming you for anything im just stating a fact you dont like them that is fair enough though.

I just dont trust footballers either they are ALL out to get the best deal Players Owners Agents.

Im not pro/anti FSG I would say since they took over we have done well from where we were.

Steveo
25th July 2021, 10:31 PM
They are buy to let owners.

LEGS
25th July 2021, 10:31 PM
He was on just under £90k a week - it’s good money - but far less than others who don’t pull the same weight - but he didn’t leave for PSG because we wouldn’t pay him hundreds of thousands a week - he went because the ‘higher ups’ would not sanction an extension to his contract - one that Klopp wanted.

As I said he wanted four years.

Would you hand him four year deal and on improved wages plus signing on fee ?

He would want £150-200k a week that is £32-42m contract.

Its ok saying they are tight but when you see those figures they might know what they are doing.

I agree Ox Keita Matip are taking lots for little but they are under contract as they are hard to shift

Steveo
25th July 2021, 10:35 PM
You are plucking numbers outta your backside like you invented a ridiculous Ozil comparison.

You have learned nothing. Gini was a keeper and ANY top manager knows it:

The bean counters know better though

LEGS
25th July 2021, 10:43 PM
Just like you are plucking stories out your backside as well.

None of us know the truth so both guessing.

Its obvious why MOST clubs dont want to give long contracts to over 30s they are worried players will decline and be stuck with them.

Take a look at Barca youd love them they spent loads now they are struggling to pay and shift players that is why you leave finances to experts.

Steveo
25th July 2021, 10:52 PM
Except that is not the case is it LEGS. You are inventing numbers whereas I am asking WHY a quote has been twisted..

It’s a quote from Gini. The quote is there to see - it’s been manipulated since and the main section divorced then omitted - unless the Telegraph report is a flat out lie..

What part of that is anyone struggling with? Unless you are an FSG shill?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/07/24/didnt-feel-loved-appreciated-fsg-fans-social-media-leaving-liverpool/

'I didn't feel loved or appreciated' by FSG and fans on social media when leaving Liverpool, says Gini Wijnaldum
The PSG midfielder says he felt loved by his team-mates, staff and fans in the ground, but his departure from Liverpool still stings

LEGS
25th July 2021, 11:07 PM
Look lets be honest how many people do feel loved by their bosses.

Im no shill just balancing things out.

I liked Gini but what can we do if he is out of contract sometimes we benefit sometimes we dont.

Gini has done nowt wrong he is free to go he took a risk as he could have got injured.

We obviously need another midfielder as Ox/Keita arent staying fit thats for sure

teesred
25th July 2021, 11:29 PM
I can see where both of you are coming from here. One thing is for sure, in a few weeks we will know where we stand with FSG. I've said twice already this week, we can say what we like about the Mancs, atleast they have ambition and are trying to build on what they've got going by backing their manager with quality players. FSG haven't done that for a while.
And please - nobody talk about Jota and Thiago and that Greek guy who's barely kicked a ball for us.
Sid mentioned this week that Thiago was possibly Ginis replacement. If that's true then his transfer just balances the books again.
Having to sell a fair amount of shite ( which isn't a bad thing) in order to buy reinforcements which have been needed for a couple of seasons isn't ambitious, especially after winning big trophies and making record profits and signing big sponsorship deals.
We can wait with baited breath to see what happens.

LEGS
25th July 2021, 11:38 PM
I agree Tees we also need to shift the deadwood to open up overseas spots.

Karius not be registered but a few players like Origi Shaqiri are most likely.

Nobody is going to buy Keita that is for sure.

eggy81
26th July 2021, 12:12 PM
I agree Tees we also need to shift the deadwood to open up overseas spots.

Karius not be registered but a few players like Origi Shaqiri are most likely.

Nobody is going to buy Keita that is for sure.
I reckon we still view him as a new signing who could go on to be integral player for us, which worries me if it is the case.

dicko1969
26th July 2021, 05:58 PM
A lot here or on social media were bitching about Gini.
Gone missing
Not performing

The latest Dirk Kyut.

Totally agree with what he said.

The lad gave 5 years solid . 237 games.
Brilliant performances.

And now everyone hiding ... or saying ah he left for the cash. Or we need to replace him lol.

TheDOC1979
26th July 2021, 06:25 PM
A lot here or on social media were bitching about Gini.
Gone missing
Not performing

The latest Dirk Kyut.

Totally agree with what he said.

The lad gave 5 years solid . 237 games.
Brilliant performances.

And now everyone hiding ... or saying ah he left for the cash. Or we need to replace him lol.

Nope, never liked him personally and rightly criticised when he did fuck all in a game

Kev0909
26th July 2021, 06:30 PM
Oh nutty dicks hello

teesred
26th July 2021, 06:36 PM
Dicko, have you heard from Noodle?

dicko1969
26th July 2021, 06:37 PM
No ...

huyrob
26th July 2021, 07:32 PM
Did you know him……personally? He was an ever present scored memorable goals and a Klopp favourite, that’ll do for me. What would you have liked him to do that he didn’t achieve?

dicko1969
26th July 2021, 07:45 PM
His phone rings . But I'm ringing from an international number. So anyone in the uk want his number... to get an update?

teesred
26th July 2021, 08:17 PM
His phone rings . But I'm ringing from an international number. So anyone in the uk want his number... to get an update?

I think a couple of lads have his number but haven't got through to him.

Kev0909
26th July 2021, 09:04 PM
Not to be morbid surely if he was you know.... his phone wouldn't even ring?

TheDOC1979
26th July 2021, 09:41 PM
Did you know him……personally? He was an ever present scored memorable goals and a Klopp favourite, that’ll do for me. What would you have liked him to do that he didn’t achieve?

You have your opinion about him, I have mine. I won’t change yours, don’t expect me to change mine. Don’t need to know any of them personally, all I care about is what they bring to the team. He didn’t bring much. Maybe not being played the way he plays for the Dutch?

Memorable goals? Two fucking goals against Barca, that’s all I could remember him for. Apart from that, didn’t do much to justify “club legend” status everyone was throwing around. Opinions eh?

TheDOC1979
26th July 2021, 09:42 PM

I think a couple of lads have his number but haven't got through to him.

Tried twice, it still rings, left a message and no response

ianlfc
26th July 2021, 09:47 PM

I'd say Noods was a Nokia 3310 kinda guy. Them bad boys had months on full charge !!

Hopefully he's got himself a women.

ianlfc
26th July 2021, 09:48 PM
You have your opinion about him, I have mine. I won’t change yours, don’t expect me to change mine. Don’t need to know any of them personally, all I care about is what they bring to the team. He didn’t bring much. Maybe not being played the way he plays for the Dutch?

Memorable goals? Two fucking goals against Barca, that’s all I could remember him for. Apart from that, didn’t do much to justify “club legend” status everyone was throwing around. Opinions eh?

Two big goals TBF !!

TheDOC1979
26th July 2021, 09:50 PM
Two big goals TBF !!

Alright fine. Two big goals. Origi scored more big goals though 😁

ianlfc
26th July 2021, 09:55 PM
Alright fine. Two big goals. Origi scored more big goals though 😁

They both gave us great memories, hopefully it was all a misunderstanding as I'd like to think he'll be fondly remembered.

huyrob
26th July 2021, 10:01 PM
I’d never say he is a legend .. but I believe he was a genuine professional who brought us great times and an evening that will go down in LFC history. Yes I agree he did not always produce a memorable performance but…. Let’s remember those that were. I am disappointed however about statements attributed to him about FSG and Social Media. I’ve had a ST for over 40 years and everyone I sit by appreciated his role, wished it was the same role as he had in Holland, but it wasn’t .

huyrob
26th July 2021, 10:04 PM
Spot on.

huyrob
26th July 2021, 10:10 PM
They both gave us great memories, hopefully it was all a misunderstanding as I'd like to think he'll be fondly remembered.

Meant to say spot on to this comment . Doc If you can’t remember Gina for his two memorable goals v Barca then I feel sorry for you and wonder what memories you cherish.

teesred
26th July 2021, 11:43 PM
Meant to say spot on to this comment . Doc If you can’t remember Gina for his two memorable goals v Barca then I feel sorry for you and wonder what memories you cherish.

Are you Scientificred under a new name?

TheDOC1979
27th July 2021, 08:28 AM

The champions league final in against Milan, Suarez 4 stunning goals against Norwich, the ridiculous run we went on to win the premier league, that corner, Origi late goal in the derby…the list is endless. Gini doesn’t make it. Thanks for the sympathy vote 🤣

miller0863
27th July 2021, 10:53 AM
Find it strange when people come on here telling everyone how they should think and how wrong they are for having a different opinion.
Put your point across, fine, it’s what the Forum thrives on but don’t think everyone who has a different opinion is an idiot or needs sympathy.

Grief.

justme
27th July 2021, 11:02 AM
Gina??? whos that?

huyrob
27th July 2021, 11:10 AM
Point taken although I really don’t think the pejorative term shite should be used about any of our players…. Even Karius! Bet it wouldn’t be said to their face. Can’t find any reference to idiot .

huyrob
27th July 2021, 11:12 AM
Presumably you will have realised that this was a typo…

huyrob
27th July 2021, 11:14 AM
Are you Scientificred under a new name?

Joined forum a few years after you mate.

justme
27th July 2021, 11:30 AM
took you 13 years to post some comments? you need to clear some files up on your computer

Steveo
27th July 2021, 11:33 AM
Gina??? whos that?

Miami Vice… Always had a soft spot for her.

huyrob
27th July 2021, 11:35 AM
took you 13 years to post some comments? you need to clear some files up on your computer
I interact in the real world. …mainly

justme
27th July 2021, 11:36 AM
Miami Vice… Always had a soft spot for her.

Just looked her up. aye shes a decent looker

CCTV
27th July 2021, 01:43 PM
If anything the club might have sold him for a fee last summer. (In a swap deal for Mbappe)

A really good addition for PSG on a free transfer...
Gini cashed in and got a last contract pot€ntially, playing for a side always in the CL and likely league winners in France.

Cant hold it against the club though.
His fee and wages was money well spent for his contributions. Always fit and some key impacts in big games.

Matching psgs terms ?
Not an option worth taking for me. Too many better players here in the same age bracket, who id rather see finish their careers at Anfield.

justme
27th July 2021, 02:04 PM
Wish you'd realize Mbappe is not COMING to LFC.. there is no way he would accept 200 thousand a week and there is no way we will pay more than that..

Insidious
27th July 2021, 04:03 PM
Wish you'd realize Mbappe is not COMING to LFC.. there is no way he would accept 200 thousand a week and there is no way we will pay more than that..

Real Madrid will need to find funds if they are to pick him up.

I'm living in fantasy land here, but if they have their heart set on Mmmbop we could always attempt a bid for Vinicius Jr. at the end of the 21/22 season. Would help them get their money and we'd get a cracking player in the bid to rejuvenate the front three in anticipation of the future.

TheDOC1979
27th July 2021, 04:21 PM
Barca looking at a clear out of 9 players. Coutinho, Dembele and Greizman included apparently

LFC-DPG
27th July 2021, 04:28 PM
Barca looking at a clear out of 9 players. Coutinho, Dembele and Greizman included apparently

Can see Greizman at Chelsea, especially if they can get a cracking deal.

Crimson Dynasty
27th July 2021, 05:17 PM
Real Madrid will need to find funds if they are to pick him up.

I'm living in fantasy land here, but if they have their heart set on Mmmbop we could always attempt a bid for Vinicius Jr. at the end of the 21/22 season. Would help them get their money and we'd get a cracking player in the bid to rejuvenate the front three in anticipation of the future.

Real Madrid lost one of their biggest incentives and draws for bringing Mbappe to the Barnebeu this summer when they lost Zidane as manager.

He's the one person I'd see him leaving France to go play for.
(he'll still get to play for him when he's hired as the national manager)

But at the end of the day they ARE Real Madrid.

If I had to bet, I'd wager he'll choose to stick around in the short term and see how Poch's project shapes up and also what other moves PSG themselves make (Pogba?), as well as what their prospects are for Champion's League glory (the only trophy he hasn't won with them) before deciding whether to leave or to stay out his career there.

And yeah, I don't see him taking a pay cut to come play for us and I DEFINITELY don't see FSG paying above the odds and destroying our wage structure to bring him here.

Insidious
27th July 2021, 06:19 PM
And yeah, I don't see him taking a pay cut to come play for us and I DEFINITELY don't see FSG paying above the odds and destroying our wage structure to bring him here.

Neither do I.

The (incredibly slim) chance, given how our owners like to do things, would be that they would think they could get him in for less than his market rate due to his contract situation, have him for 3-5 years and then (due to his age) sell him on for big bucks when he is hitting "peak" value, whilst (they'd hope) the market is in a much better state than it is now, therefore recouping a large amount of the fee paid/wages paid over X amount of time to then reinvest into the side.

Someone dreaming of Mbappe (and trying to find evidence that we'll make a move) would say that we were getting contracts with existing players sorted NOW so they aren't asking for a massive amount more if Mbappe came in - but I think that's flight-of-fancy stuff really.

miller0863
27th July 2021, 06:35 PM
He really REALLY ain’t comin’.

More chance of seeing Reg and R4L in the same room.

Steveo
27th July 2021, 09:34 PM
Looked like a glorified Sterling at the Euros - all pace and no guile.

He might just have been off form but his price tag looks massively inflated. Chiesa made him look like a chump.

How much genuine quality has he really got beyond blistering pace?

huyrob
27th July 2021, 09:44 PM
Looked like a glorified Sterling at the Euros - all pace and no guile.

He might just have been off form but his price tag looks massively inflated. Chiesa made him look like a chump.

Agree totally, a real talent but the ££££ are absurd. Brings back the memory of the arrival of Djibril Cisse, blistering pace, terrifically powerful shot but…… sadly he had a bad injury but Mbappe at the figures circulated definitely not for me. Chiesa though…..please.

dicko1969
27th July 2021, 09:55 PM
Mbappe is world class.
Just a bad Euros .

Pogba was world class at the euros.

dicko1969
27th July 2021, 09:56 PM
Looking at Gini training at psg and in the kit... just doesn't look right.

Evidently Jones and Elliot can replace him.

Insidious
27th July 2021, 11:28 PM

Much more natural finisher than, say, Sterling - who gets a lot of tap-in goals (they all count) via good understanding of positioning and timing of arrival at the back post, that has been coached in.

Mbappe + the right coach = absolute Monster. Didn't have the best Euros but his stats at club level tell everything. Indeed, Chiesa is the reverse Mbappe - had a brilliant Euro but his stats at club level, whilst being pretty good, aren't £86m or whatever it was good - not yet at least.

CCTV
28th July 2021, 02:40 PM
Neither do I.

The (incredibly slim) chance, given how our owners like to do things, would be that they would think they could get him in for less than his market rate due to his contract situation, have him for 3-5 years and then (due to his age) sell him on for big bucks when he is hitting "peak" value, whilst (they'd hope) the market is in a much better state than it is now, therefore recouping a large amount of the fee paid/wages paid over X amount of time to then reinvest into the side.

Someone dreaming of Mbappe (and trying to find evidence that we'll make a move) would say that we were getting contracts with existing players sorted NOW so they aren't asking for a massive amount more if Mbappe came in - but I think that's flight-of-fancy stuff really.

Few would have believed we would sign VVD & Alisson for £140 million setting new world record transfer fees for both positions.
Virgil arrived in the door earning the same as our prestigious front 3 for all intensive purposes. An unheard of situation for a CB to earn as much as our top forwards.

Back then those 2 joined a cheap and cheerfully put together defensive unit.
They had an immediate impact on the team, helping to win 2 major titles and a first WCC title for the club.

The owners could sanction the same type of transfer again.

Our forward unit has been put together in a similar manner to our defense back then.
Some absolute bargains put together for little in the modern market.

Our team has struggled with clinical finishing, very costly at times in European football where the big money is in play.
To attract and sign a player equivalent to VVD or Alisson just cant be done on the cheap.

We put up some big transfers for our defence, spent a fair whack on midfielders in terms of fees and wages. But little has been done with the attack.

We've seen Sadio slip in terms of goals and assists, Bobby continue at a below par level with only Salah maintaining a semblance of his capacity.
Jotas looked a good addition and hopefully Elliott has the beans to make it at the top level.

An Mbappe signing, or that ilk, would be a good addition.

In terms of football it makes sense.
In terms of commercial revenue it makes sense.

It would be a repeat of the VVD signing imo. A big hitter who the club are dead sure will work out.