PDA

View Full Version : Captain Fantastic

Aldo1988
10th July 2020, 01:01 PM
Out for the rest of the season but should be back for the delayed restart to next season. Gutted for him not being able to play in the game where he'll be able to lift the trophy, hope he doesn't do a John Terry!

Insidious
10th July 2020, 01:03 PM
Out for the rest of the season but should be back for the delayed restart to next season. Gutted for him not being able to play in the game where he'll be able to lift the trophy, hope he doesn't do a John Terry!

The League is won and hopefully he comes back raring to go next season.

I hope the entire squad does the Hendo Shuffle for the trophy lift - would be another lovely little moment of togetherness for the lads.

Steveo
10th July 2020, 01:25 PM
Massive miss for us - especially against the Arse and Chelsea...

southernboy
10th July 2020, 01:32 PM
We won't be the same without him. Rather like the end of the 2013/14 season. Thank fuck it's won this time.

vin
10th July 2020, 02:00 PM
We won't be the same without him. Rather like the end of the 2013/14 season. Thank fuck it's won this time.

We'll be fine.

Kev0909
10th July 2020, 02:47 PM
Klopp said he'll lift the trophy, probably do a terry.

Doesn't really matter about injury not good obviously but as long as he's back ready to go for next season.

Maybe jones will get a chance now

I think williams only needs 1 more app off bench or whatever unless i'm wrong i'm not sure how it works to get a medal, surely jones isn't that far off?

Balinkay
10th July 2020, 03:03 PM
Well we probably won't get 100 points now, hell 97 would be quite something, but who cares?

Better now than in the last game of the season.

ianlfc
10th July 2020, 03:33 PM
What a couple of seasons he's had. If anyone deserves a rest is him and he'll be back raring to go come the start of next season.
Hope he picks up POTY.

Steveo
10th July 2020, 04:18 PM
Not if the Manchester media have anything to do with it. They are seething at our title... Absolutely sodding seething...

You can feel it from the BBC studios and half the papers... We have definitely put a lot of noses out of joint...

southernboy
11th July 2020, 12:08 AM
Klopp:
"I have no idea what will be the rule. If you are not in the starting lineup - which will be difficult for Hendo - then I don’t know what we will do. Then Hendo will be there and he will wear the match kit and everything will be fine.“

The way klopp mentions the starting lineup, I wonder if he’ll be fit enough for a 90th minute cameo appearance. It would definitely make the full kit wanker situation less wankish.

fiordearg
11th July 2020, 12:13 AM
He's the captain he lifts it

dicko1969
11th July 2020, 07:45 AM
It's only his ffs knee

So he should be able to lift the trophy

southernboy
11th July 2020, 12:01 PM
There’s never been a question whether he’ll lift the trophy.

shminkyred
11th July 2020, 12:03 PM
It's only his ffs knee

So he should be able to lift the trophy

Even if they have to ffs wheel him up there ...lol

teesred
11th July 2020, 12:05 PM
There’s never been a question whether he’ll lift the trophy.

Itll be strange if hes not in his kit though and also a little John Terry if he is in his kit? Dont think any of us will care though. Hope he can still manage the "shuffle".

LEGS
11th July 2020, 12:33 PM
I dont care what anyone thinks Henderson has played a huge part in us challenging for major trophies over the last 3 seasons.

We won the league with him playing a full part so he lifts the trophy.

CCTV
17th February 2021, 12:58 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VdMF1Uxe0b0

^^^^ Thinking about that fallout over fifa rumour :D

Nineteenx
17th February 2021, 10:48 AM
BT came out with a stat last night i haven't checked but assume they got right

Games with Captain Fantastic at CM this season P12 W12

CCTV
17th February 2021, 01:39 PM
BT came out with a stat last night i haven't checked but assume they got right

Games with Captain Fantastic at CM this season P12 W12

I'm guessing you mean DM/6

Drew v
Fulham
Newcastle
Brighton
Mancity

Been a miss from midfield, more so rcm as he provides exceptional cover that really only Milner can match imo consistently.

CCTV
17th February 2021, 01:47 PM
At centre back in the PL

Won 2
Drew 1
Lost 4

Been a huge miss from midfield, especially with Fab at CB or out injured. Been too lightweight.

Can add on last night as another win with hendo at Centre back.

Nineteenx
17th February 2021, 03:01 PM
At centre back in the PL

Won 2
Drew 1
Lost 4

Been a huge miss from midfield, especially with Fab at CB or out injured. Been too lightweight.

Can add on last night as another win with hendo at Centre back.

He's done very well at CB but there have been warnings the last few games of teams finding ways to exploit him there so all the more reason to get fab fit and back at CB and Hendo into CM

ianlfc
15th September 2021, 11:00 PM
What a goal from a fantastic fella.

Insidious
15th September 2021, 11:05 PM
What a goal from a fantastic fella.

Was an absolute peach and am delighted it was the winner.

Hope he has a few more of those in the locker this season. Hard to beat his top corner one over Courtois though!

Nineteenx
28th September 2021, 07:16 PM
400th appearance for Captain Fantastic tonight, who led us to our first ever Premier League title, CWC title and a 6th Champions League title, absolute legend

Insidious
28th September 2021, 10:19 PM
400th appearance for Captain Fantastic tonight, who led us to our first ever Premier League title, CWC title and a 6th Champions League title, absolute legend

The very definition of a team player.

Fantastic role model as well. Professional in the extreme, nobody has a bad word to say about him and he'll be passing on the very best bits of his temperament to up-and-coming players in those subtle little ways that make all the difference.

The lad's brilliant.

eggy81
28th September 2021, 10:23 PM
What a player.

ianlfc
28th September 2021, 10:43 PM
Jurgen seems to like him 🤣🤣

teesred
29th September 2021, 06:44 AM
400 games for LFC is an unbelievable achievement. Hats off, I love the guy.

LFC-DPG
29th September 2021, 06:59 AM
Superb player. Just gets on with it

jozza800
29th September 2021, 07:55 AM
Not bad for a player 99% of us had written off in his first few seasons. Still probably doesn't get the credit he deserves now tbh.

Nineteenx
29th September 2021, 09:43 PM
Not bad for a player 99% of us had written off in his first few seasons. Still probably doesn't get the credit he deserves now tbh.

Especially as he was THE player above all others who led us to our first Premier League title, he won POTY on merit, that long run of games with Fab out and Hendo at No6 orchestrating the press, organising, keeping everyone at it is the best I have ever seen Liverpool under Jurgen and the best I've seen Liverpool for almost 3 decades and he was the player running the show