PDA

View Full Version : Post your thoughts (2020 Edition)

RedNoodle
16th July 2020, 07:46 PM
I ****ing hate life so much!!!!! 😠

Everything I have done, do and will do always goes tits up, and I'm talking about the tiniest things up to virtually everything that defines a person's life. I'm not a religious man, but if there is something 'in control' (even if it's just 'fate'), can it please hurry the **** up and just kill me, preferably in my 'sleep' (if you can call it 'sleep'). However knowing me and the way things always have been, unless I decide to 'intervene' it's nailed on that I'm going to die in a horrifically painful and drawn out way.

RedNoodle
23rd July 2020, 02:57 AM
Be master of your petty annoyances and conserve your energies for the big, worthwhile things. It isn’t the mountain ahead that wears you out, it’s the grain of sand in your shoe.

Fear of something is at the root of hate for others, and hate within will eventually destroy the hater.

Nobody can hurt me without my permission.

It is easy to hate and it is difficult to love. This is how the whole scheme of things works. All good things are difficult to achieve; and bad things are very easy to get.

Nothing pains some people more than having to think.

This world of ours must avoid becoming a community of dreadful fear and hate, and be, instead, a proud confederation of mutual trust and respect.

One thing you can’t hide is when you’re crippled inside.

I imagine one of the reasons people cling to their hates so stubbornly is because they sense, once hate is gone, they will be forced to deal with pain.

My pain may be the reason for somebody’s laugh. But my laugh must never be the reason for somebody’s pain.

In any society, fanatics who hate don't hate only me, they hate you too. They hate everybody.

Balinkay
23rd July 2020, 06:59 AM
Be master of your petty annoyances and conserve your energies for the big, worthwhile things. It isn’t the mountain ahead that wears you out, it’s the grain of sand in your shoe.

Amen.

dicko1969
23rd July 2020, 07:44 AM
We are all soldiers fighting our life struggles.

Hate cannot win with hate.

" Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.

Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that"

There is a lot of anger and hate about these days. People venting there despise everywhere in various forms.

RedNoodle
24th July 2020, 05:35 PM
Yet again I have one tiny thing that I need to do that ends up with multiple things (at least three on this occasion) going awry.

Fate, life, the universe and everyone in it seem determined to cause me constant pain of various types. It's though they are all trying their hardest to push me off the precipice that I am increasing losing my grip on.

RedNoodle
7th August 2020, 07:55 PM
I am in so much pain. I'm really not sure how much more I can take. :sorrow: :hopelessness: :dejection: :grief: :neglected:

redebreck
8th August 2020, 01:05 AM
Noods, we're all thinking of you.

RedNoodle
8th August 2020, 01:32 AM
Noods, we're all thinking of you.

Yeah, thinking of ways to shut me up.

Kev0909
8th August 2020, 09:42 AM
Yeah, thinking of ways to shut me up.

Yeah i'm sure that's the case.

Some people actually care about you on here, wasn't cool when you dissapeared for a while and noone knew what happened, most people thought the worst reading your posts, but i knew you'd be back because it's the same shit for ages it seems, so what's new? sadly for you, it sucks but I can't do anything.

Not sure why you couldn't post then but can post now when you're at your worst it seems, but it doesn't matter.

RedNoodle
8th August 2020, 05:42 PM
Yeah i'm sure that's the case.

Some people actually care about you on here, wasn't cool when you dissapeared for a while and noone knew what happened, most people thought the worst reading your posts, but i knew you'd be back because it's the same shit for ages it seems, so what's new? sadly for you, it sucks but I can't do anything.

Not sure why you couldn't post then but can post now when you're at your worst it seems, but it doesn't matter.

"Wasn't cool"? If you think that "wasn't cool", you definitely wouldn't want to be in my shoes. Not for one day. If you were you'd understand exactly what the deal is with me and why I vanished for a while. One or two may have considered that the worst had happened, but if your cynicism is anything to go by, I doubt all but a few thought that.

"The same ****" sums up your thoughts on the matter quite clearly. I've repeatedly given others the opportunity to see/be given proof of what I claim, and I could if I so wished provide some video evidence to prove that what I say isn't b/s, something that could be verified by at least one other person on this forum. However I won't be forced into doing this, not by you or anyone else.

It's "the same ****" till it's not "the same ****" anymore, at which point some (not all) might actually think "Oh. I didn't realise things were that bad".

Thinking what you obviously do about me, you should just put me on ignore.

scientificred
10th August 2020, 05:39 PM
"Wasn't cool"? If you think that "wasn't cool", you definitely wouldn't want to be in my shoes. Not for one day. If you were you'd understand exactly what the deal is with me and why I vanished for a while. One or two may have considered that the worst had happened, but if your cynicism is anything to go by, I doubt all but a few thought that.

"The same ****" sums up your thoughts on the matter quite clearly. I've repeatedly given others the opportunity to see/be given proof of what I claim, and I could if I so wished provide some video evidence to prove that what I say isn't b/s, something that could be verified by at least one other person on this forum. However I won't be forced into doing this, not by you or anyone else.

It's "the same ****" till it's not "the same ****" anymore, at which point some (not all) might actually think "Oh. I didn't realise things were that bad".

Thinking what you obviously do about me, you should just put me on ignore.
Dear Noods
Lots of people on this forum wish you well but not sure if they know you.
You have that consolance always but please keep it off topic.
YNWA
Rest assured there are people worse off than you in this world.
Most everyday on the news I see something horrific happening in this world .
Some of these horror stories are accompanied by tearful stories of love and heroism.
Some not.
For some the painful journey through life is just beginning.
Refugees turning up on the shores of Albion!
Is there hope for them.
What did my grandad WWI and father WWII fight for?
Albion!
Land of the free!
Other forumites surely know people with horrific debilitating illnesses yet choose to deal with that privately.
Perhaps I should include myself but I have always remembered my old man saying 'just get on with it' and my grandad just laughing about all such matters despite such illnesses.
Rock on Noods!
Once again,
YNWA

RedNoodle
10th August 2020, 07:56 PM
Dear Noods
Lots of people on this forum wish you well but not sure if they know you.
You have that consolance always but please keep it off topic.
YNWA
Rest assured there are people worse off than you in this world.
Most everyday on the news I see something horrific happening in this world .
Some of these horror stories are accompanied by tearful stories of love and heroism.
Some not.
For some the painful journey through life is just beginning.
Refugees turning up on the shores of Albion!
Is there hope for them.
What did my grandad WWI and father WWII fight for?
Albion!
Land of the free!
Other forumites surely know people with horrific debilitating illnesses yet choose to deal with that privately.
Perhaps I should include myself but I have always remembered my old man saying 'just get on with it' and my grandad just laughing about all such matters despite such illnesses.
Rock on Noods!
Once again,
YNWA

Dear Scientific Red,

I don't see you pulling up others when they do anything similar. With that being the case, if you don't like what I say just put me on ignore. What's worse? Me airing my thoughts, or others purposely causing grief? Again, I don't see you taking any actual so and so's to task.

Also unless someone is the worst off/unluckiest person in the world, there will always be someone worse off than them. Does that make them 'unworthy' of help/support, or wrong to bemoan their lot? I'd like to think anyone sensible or compassionate would say no it doesn't.

Are you medically unique? I doubt it. Have you seen/been through what I have on top of that? Also unlikely. So with that being the case I think you should just concentrate on how you try to deal with your life, rather than trying to tell others how they should deal with theirs, and what they can/cannot say or do, something that is increasingly being forced on the rest of society.

I just hope you never experience a tiny fraction of what I have. I suspect that if you did you might suddenly change your tune, as well as possibly gaining an understanding of why a person might talk about the things I do on a football forum.

Take care.

scientificred
14th August 2020, 04:18 PM
Dear Scientific Red,

I don't see you pulling up others when they do anything similar. With that being the case, if you don't like what I say just put me on ignore. What's worse? Me airing my thoughts, or others purposely causing grief? Again, I don't see you taking any actual so and so's to task.

Also unless someone is the worst off/unluckiest person in the world, there will always be someone worse off than them. Does that make them 'unworthy' of help/support, or wrong to bemoan their lot? I'd like to think anyone sensible or compassionate would say no it doesn't.

Are you medically unique? I doubt it. Have you seen/been through what I have on top of that? Also unlikely. So with that being the case I think you should just concentrate on how you try to deal with your life, rather than trying to tell others how they should deal with theirs, and what they can/cannot say or do, something that is increasingly being forced on the rest of society.

I just hope you never experience a tiny fraction of what I have. I suspect that if you did you might suddenly change your tune, as well as possibly gaining an understanding of why a person might talk about the things I do on a football forum.

Take care.

Dear Noods,
I would never put anyone on ignore.
I try to take a stance whereby I realise that there are always people worse off than me or people I know.
I have had arguments on this forum before and so I do not accept that I have never pulled up anyone on this forum before but I am never going to take the vitriolic bait that sometimes appears when I have done that.
I try to get a reasoned viewpoint and acknowledge when I am wrong.
I listen today about Japanese PoWs who perhaps never quite survived or who never recovered from there ordeals and conversely think about all those who never quite survived or never recovered from the bombs on Japan. Disfigured, mentally scarred, no family members, missing limbs etc.
Maybe everyone views themselves as medically unique with their problems and perhaps that is true.
I regard myself as medically unique - I am amazed I managed to get through my working life but I had to change jobs regularly and lie about my health regularly - you can continue to doubt that - I am not going to offer any further statements or evidence in that regard.
I am not trying to tell you or others how to deal with their life.
Your post assumes that your debility is so much worse than mine.
Perhaps that is true but you cannot know and I am never going to post about it.
People care about you on LFC and wonder where you are and what is happening with you.
Sometimes you are missing for ages and it shows how much people care.
Sometimes you do not answer for ages.
It is not fair on those who care when you do not answer for ages and when you have stated your despair.
Love your football posts Noods which always appear well thought out but for me your reports on your illness are better reported off-post where we can truly respond to you in that regard - maybe fellow forumites know you more personally - you take care too! YNWA

ianlfc
14th August 2020, 04:33 PM
Dear Noods,
I would never put anyone on ignore.
I try to take a stance whereby I realise that there are always people worse off than me or people I know.
I have had arguments on this forum before and so I do not accept that I have never pulled up anyone on this forum before but I am never going to take the vitriolic bait that sometimes appears when I have done that.
I try to get a reasoned viewpoint and acknowledge when I am wrong.
I listen today about Japanese PoWs who perhaps never quite survived or who never recovered from there ordeals and conversely think about all those who never quite survived or never recovered from the bombs on Japan. Disfigured, mentally scarred, no family members, missing limbs etc.
Maybe everyone views themselves as medically unique with their problems and perhaps that is true.
I regard myself as medically unique - I am amazed I managed to get through my working life but I had to change jobs regularly and lie about my health regularly - you can continue to doubt that - I am not going to offer any further statements or evidence in that regard.
I am not trying to tell you or others how to deal with their life.
Your post assumes that your debility is so much worse than mine.
Perhaps that is true but you cannot know and I am never going to post about it.
People care about you on LFC and wonder where you are and what is happening with you.
Sometimes you are missing for ages and it shows how much people care.
Sometimes you do not answer for ages.
It is not fair on those who care when you do not answer for ages and when you have stated your despair.
Love your football posts Noods which always appear well thought out but for me your reports on your illness are better reported off-post where we can truly respond to you in that regard - maybe fellow forumites know you more personally - you take care too! YNWA

Nice post mate. I guess when life keeps kicking you in the balls you just lash out.
As I've told Noods, lash away . we're big enough to take it.

redebreck
17th August 2020, 01:05 AM
Valentino Rossi a VERY lucky boy today. Two flying bikes missed him by inches during the Austrian motogp.
Videos might be on YouTube if you want to see.

Kev0909
17th August 2020, 01:36 AM
Noods only just seen this been avoiding it tbh because I knew you'd take it all negative, which it honestly was not meant to be tbh, but that's why i don't bother even mentioning it, sorry that people care about you.

scientificred has got it spot on

And I agree with that Ian, but maybe he could do with seeing someone for his mental health also, which is probably last thing on his mind, but that's important too.

If it helps posting it about it on here, in any way- then of course, carry on whatever helps you.

Maybe you can message a trusted poster or whoever you have showed videos to or whatever, if possible next time if you vanish again? one thing I will say, don't expect to post stuff that's very alarming and expect people not to worry or care, hence the point about just dissapearing, even though it's just a online forum, people have known you for a long time and have been there for you, it would be nice for them at least, if not for others aswell, even if you think noone cares some people do, and it's unfair on them sort of, which you won't understand because I know how you feel about "unfair" and yourself, but if you can look away from just yourself, and realise what i've said, maybe you'll actually understand.

You know there's been posts in your topics of people asking how they can help amongst other things or if there's anything they can do, and by the sounds of it this forum is pretty important to you on the social-side of life at the moment too, so understand that even on a online forum, it's not just about you... when people was actually generally worried, and do you blame them?? last few posts was very down and you vanished??

That's basically the online version--- how can I use a RL example.... not the same but someone who is mentally ill, going missing and people searching for him, like I said it's not the same but people that actually care and do talk to you often, it's the same sort of feeling.

I don't need any "evidence" because I don't know who'd lie about that sorta-thing, i'm not saying you're not ill

It's hard for you to see it, and when it's on a forum on the internet, (maybe people have got in touch with you other ways IDK) but people do care, no matter how much you think noone gives a shit (because of your mental state) of course to you, everything is negative and doom and gloom, and I can't blame you for that in your situation- but yeah try and look past that, and take something from it at least.

My life last few years have not exactly been easy, I just don't tend to talk about it much, mentioned a few things sometimes briefly, right now i'm thankful i'm still here, and really appreciate some friends in real life- and some on the internet who got me through it when I was at my lowest (it's fucking shit your situation but you need to try and take any positive thing you can), was hard to see at times but it wasn't just about me, and I learned this the hard way.... from a old best mate which I won't go into but he's not here anymore, but it opened my eyes about everything a lot how many people it effected, and helped me in a way (not at the time) but i'm going off-topic anyway now!

Try and find joy in the small things, can tell you're a fighter, it's always worth fighting for, if you don't there's just..... nothing, I've learned to enjoy the small things in life, the sounds and the likes, not sure really how to describe it but yeah, it's not the same situation I know.

Don't really expect a good response from you from this post, but take care whatever you say, back to the main forums it is.

Also have you looked on google or anything, for anyone in the same boat for one of your problems at least? it could help to talk to people with similar experiences, even if it's just about one thing, i'm sure there's quite a few out there. Forums/websites that is, could help you open up with your problems with people that are going through the same, once again a small thing but if it helps in any way, that'll be good for you, and another place you can get to know people etc and never know could help you eventually in day to day life, find out how others are dealing with it etc, might pick up some ideas or whatever to make life a bit more bearble, gotta be worth a shot? and realise you're not alone.

redebreck
17th August 2020, 02:06 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/motorsport/53802383

Rossi's double escape - frightening

Kev0909
17th August 2020, 02:23 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/motorsport/53802383

Rossi's double escape - frightening

Yeah I saw that, he's a very lucky man, I think he'd of defo been dead, at the speed he was going / collison of a bike hitting you like that, it wouldn't of gone very well.

how 2020 is going, I'm surprised it didn't fly into his head

RedNoodle
23rd October 2020, 08:59 AM
A number of people have enquired as to what exactly is wrong with me, however for various reasons (note some of the above responses even before I've gone into any details) I've declined to divulge the very extensive/factually unique nature of my conditions, never mind a lifetime of many other horrific/life devastating events. However a recent rapid decline in a number of my conditions combined with a complete lack of any help has effectively backed me into a corner/left me with nothing to lose, so there is a distinct possibility that I will reveal at least some of what's going on with me.

Maybe someone will be able to help in some way, but even if not, at least if may provide people with a partial explanation as to why I sometimes post the things I do.

Balinkay
23rd October 2020, 09:34 AM
Sorry to hear that Noods! I wish you a quick recovery or at the very least improvement!

RedNoodle
23rd October 2020, 10:40 AM
Sorry to hear that Noods! I wish you a quick recovery or at the very least improvement!

Thanks Bali. Unfortunately most (possibly all) of my conditions (namely the most rare, serious and debilitating) are progressive and/or incurable.

scientificred
27th October 2020, 09:03 PM
A number of people have enquired as to what exactly is wrong with me, however for various reasons (note some of the above responses even before I've gone into any details) I've declined to divulge the very extensive/factually unique nature of my conditions, never mind a lifetime of many other horrific/life devastating events. However a recent rapid decline in a number of my conditions combined with a complete lack of any help has effectively backed me into a corner/left me with nothing to lose, so there is a distinct possibility that I will reveal at least some of what's going on with me.

Maybe someone will be able to help in some way, but even if not, at least if may provide people with a partial explanation as to why I sometimes post the things I do.
Dear Noods,
I hope you find some help soon.
Perhaps from someone on this forum.
YNWA

Balinkay
1st November 2020, 11:45 AM
Fuck, my mom might have it. She's 56 and used to smoke. :(

Even worse my dad might catch it off her - he's 60, smoked heavily for 30 years and is a bit overweight...

This is fucking atrocious. Best part? There's absolutely fuck all I can do. Awesome.

RedNoodle
1st November 2020, 04:52 PM
I hope they haven't got it, and that if your mum has developed something that she recovers quickly.

Balinkay
1st November 2020, 05:04 PM
Cheers mate. Here's hoping.

ianlfc
1st November 2020, 05:24 PM
Fuck, my mom might have it. She's 56 and used to smoke. :(

Even worse my dad might catch it off her - he's 60, smoked heavily for 30 years and is a bit overweight...

This is fucking atrocious. Best part? There's absolutely fuck all I can do. Awesome.

Hopefully nothing to worry about mate. Loads of people have tested positive and have had no symptoms. Even ones with symptoms are fine.

RedNoodle
1st November 2020, 05:30 PM
I'm supposed to have a test in just over a week, before a procedure a couple of days later. However not having anyone to pick me up post procedure (I have to have a general anesthetic) it's looking like I may have to cancel the whole thing.

Balinkay
1st November 2020, 06:15 PM
Hopefully nothing to worry about mate. Loads of people have tested positive and have had no symptoms. Even ones with symptoms are fine.

Cheers, mate. My mum's showing some symptoms and doesn't feel too good but nothing critical yet. Dad's starting off too... My sister will have to chip in big time, she lives there - I'm 800 miles away and can't do jack...

Kev0909
1st November 2020, 06:38 PM
Cheers, mate. My mum's showing some symptoms and doesn't feel too good but nothing critical yet. Dad's starting off too... My sister will have to chip in big time, she lives there - I'm 800 miles away and can't do jack...

try not to feel bad about it, just stay in contact, you can't do anything so don't beat yourself up over it

no point making yourself ill

Balinkay
1st November 2020, 07:17 PM
Cheers, Kev! I won't... just wish I could help them out.

ianlfc
1st November 2020, 07:41 PM
Cheers, Kev! I won't... just wish I could help them out.

Just keep in contact mate. They'll appreciate the phone call alot more than you think.

Balinkay
1st November 2020, 08:17 PM
Yeah, I'll try to keep up on that. Usually talk to them twice a week, might up that a bit now. Thank you, ian.

fagin
1st November 2020, 10:59 PM
I'm supposed to have a test in just over a week, before a procedure a couple of days later. However not having anyone to pick me up post procedure (I have to have a general anesthetic) it's looking like I may have to cancel the whole thing.

Hi there i had major surgery a few years back and was in the same boat having no-one available to pick me up.But i was able to pay and have a Nurse come home with me in a taxi and watch over me for the 24 hours following surgery.Hopefully you could do something similar.

RedNoodle
1st November 2020, 11:05 PM
Hi there i had major surgery a few years back and was in the same boat having no-one available to pick me up.But i was able to pay and have a Nurse come home with me in a taxi and watch over me for the 24 hours following surgery. Hopefully you could do something similar.

Not unless you know the number of a nurse in my area who can (and is willing) to do the same thing for me. I'm struggling very badly to do the absolutely most basic of things, so trying to get someone to help me out is somewhere between nigh on impossible and a non starter.

fagin
1st November 2020, 11:26 PM
Not unless you know the number of a nurse in my area who can (and is willing) to do the same thing for me. I'm struggling very badly to do the absolutely most basic of things, so trying to get someone to help me out is somewhere between nigh on impossible and a non starter.

Sorry although i am covered under UK medical i am of no help there because i am out of touch with today's policies.Where i am we can get these medics through private organizations i thought there may be something similar there for you to access.
It was just a thought sorry it dosen't help you.maybe keep trying you never know.

RedNoodle
2nd November 2020, 05:14 AM
Sorry although i am covered under UK medical i am of no help there because i am out of touch with today's policies.Where i am we can get these medics through private organizations i thought there may be something similar there for you to access.
It was just a thought sorry it dosen't help you.maybe keep trying you never know.

Thanks for trying to help Fagin. Unfortunately I'm not (and never will be) able to get such coverage. On top of that, as I said, I really do struggle with the absolute most basic functions of living that you can think of. I should be getting various kinds of help, but alas I have been left to rot. I get zero support from the authorities (for various reasons), my 'family' (who don't give a toss), or any friends, of which I have precisely zero.

As I recently said, people might find out reasonably soon some (not all) of the reasons why I am struggling so much.

Kev0909
2nd November 2020, 03:26 PM
Wonder if any riots will happen in england?

the way things are going..

stevie harkness
2nd November 2020, 05:18 PM
People don't really riot in the winter, the weather's too bad!

fagin
3rd November 2020, 03:46 AM
Thanks for trying to help Fagin. Unfortunately I'm not (and never will be) able to get such coverage. On top of that, as I said, I really do struggle with the absolute most basic functions of living that you can think of. I should be getting various kinds of help, but alas I have been left to rot. I get zero support from the authorities (for various reasons), my 'family' (who don't give a toss), or any friends, of which I have precisely zero.

As I recently said, people might find out reasonably soon some (not all) of the reasons why I am struggling so much.

Sorry i wasn't of any help for you from what you are saying it dosen't seem like a good scenario at all i'll keep myself on the lookout for any further posts you may share but at this point i can only wish you all the best.

RedNoodle
3rd November 2020, 03:50 AM
Sorry i wasn't of any help for you from what you are saying it dosen't seem like a good scenario at all i'll keep myself on the lookout for any further posts you may share but at this point i can only wish you all the best.

Thanks.

Balinkay
3rd November 2020, 06:27 PM
Balls. My mum's tested positive.

On the flip side I just spoke to them - she feels great and has her appetite back, so let's hope she gets through it with relative ease.

Both quarantined now for 14 days.

RedNoodle
3rd November 2020, 06:38 PM
Balls. My mum's tested positive.

On the flip side I just spoke to them - she feels great and has her appetite back, so let's hope she gets through it with relative ease.

Both quarantined now for 14 days.

Hopefully she'll be ok.

Balinkay
3rd November 2020, 06:44 PM
Hopefully she'll be ok.

Thanks, Noods. Here's hoping they both make it through okay - no way my dad won't have contracted it already off her.

redebreck
4th November 2020, 02:52 PM

Hope you have found someone to help.
Failing all else, try a local forum or Facebook/similar.
Take care, Noods.

Balinkay
4th November 2020, 03:10 PM
Biden leads in Michigan by 0.2% with 94% counted! If things remain the same in Michigan, Wisconsin (95%) and Nevada (67%), Biden will be the next president of the United States of America!

RedNoodle
4th November 2020, 04:19 PM
Hope you have found someone to help.
Failing all else, try a local forum or Facebook/similar.
Take care, Noods.

Thanks Redebreck.

I haven't found anyone yet. I may have to ask/pay a family member, but they are likely to say no for a number of reasons. Failing that the only other person may be someone I have a few words with every now and then on one of my rare excursions outside my front door, but I doubt they'll say yes, even though they will also need to be paid.

As for Facebook, I've never had an account, never mind that there are zero local organizations in my area to help people like me, never mind some kind of online forum.

ianlfc
4th November 2020, 06:06 PM
Thanks Redebreck.

I haven't found anyone yet. I may have to ask/pay a family member, but they are likely to say no for a number of reasons. Failing that the only other person may be someone I have a few words with every now and then on one of my rare excursions outside my front door, but I doubt they'll say yes, even though they will also need to be paid.

As for Facebook, I've never had an account, never mind that there are zero local organizations in my area to help people like me, never mind some kind of online forum.

Not good at all mate, If all else fails and you can't afford the taxi fare send me your bank details and I'd gladly pay it for you.

RedNoodle
4th November 2020, 07:00 PM
Not good at all mate, If all else fails and you can't afford the taxi fare send me your bank details and I'd gladly pay it for you.

"Send me your bank details and I'll pay for ......". I've never had someone make me that kind of offer before, and certainly not online/via e-mail.

It's not the taxi that's the problem, it's the fact that I will be having an anesthetic, and as a result they won't go ahead with the procedure unless I can get someone to pick me up, take me home, and monitor me for the next 24 hours. The travel arrangements are the 'important' part as I certainly won't be having anyone to look after me post procedure, but then again if something does happen to me no-one will miss me, and it might actually do me a favour.

ianlfc
4th November 2020, 07:15 PM
"Send me your bank details and I'll pay for ......". I've never had someone make me that kind of offer before, and certainly not online/via e-mail.

It's not the taxi that's the problem, it's the fact that I will be having an anesthetic, and as a result they won't go ahead with the procedure unless I can get someone to pick me up, take me home, and monitor me for the next 24 hours. The travel arrangements are the 'important' part as I certainly won't be having anyone to look after me post procedure, but then again if something does happen to me no-one will miss me, and it might actually do me a favour.

It's nice to be kind, we never know what's around the corner for any of us.
Could your GP not sort you out with help in that aspect ?

RedNoodle
4th November 2020, 07:27 PM
It's nice to be kind, we never know what's around the corner for any of us.
Could your GP not sort you out with help in that aspect ?

I don't have a GP as such. The one I had (the only decent one) left around 7-12 months ago. Unfortunately I've had serious issues with virtually every one of the others at my surgery that I've had dealings with. I need to get in touch with one that sent me a message recently, but even though there are some v.v.serious issues that I need to get sorted asap (the reason why I may end up divulging my 'situation' on here in the next couple of months), I haven't got back to her as I've simply not been up to it. As I've said numerous times, I find doing even the most basic of things very difficult/nigh on impossible a lot of the time e.g. I just had to pick up some medication (hence why my CL predictions were posted right on kick-off), and even though it's basically 'door-to'door' for me, I will suffer as a result for the next day or two at least.

ianlfc
4th November 2020, 07:44 PM
Get in touch with the GP then, ya silly bugger, No doubt when you were fit and well you paid your taxes. There's help out there mate, sadly at the minute it's hard to get but try and get the ball rolling by contacting the GP.

RedNoodle
4th November 2020, 08:01 PM
Get in touch with the GP then, ya silly bugger, No doubt when you were fit and well you paid your taxes. There's help out there mate, sadly at the minute it's hard to get but try and get the ball rolling by contacting the GP.

If only it was that simple Ian. Unfortunately the ball rarely, if ever 'rolls' for me, and when it does it nearly always rolls backwards crushing me and causing me further problems. If you knew you were going to end up with more problems (and had done consistently for decades) you'd also put off putting yourself in similar situations.

For people like me there is no help. Only pain and suffering. I was denied treatment that I need a couple of months ago (despite being medically unique and having spent the last eleven years lying on my bed, not moving, or even talking to anyone), and the person who said I couldn't get this treatment said that they'd get in touch with social services and they'd be in touch. Have they done so? Have they ****.

RedNoodle
6th November 2020, 04:29 PM
Some people really are born to suffer.

When trying to organise the procedure mentioned above I was told that it would take place at 7am. I told the person on the other end of the phone that such a stupidly early time would be very difficult for me given that I have to use public transport, or get a taxi, something that has caused me issues in the past, never mind now Covid is doing its thing. I also told her that this was made even more difficult because I'm disabled, to which she replied "Oh so you're in a wheelchair". "Not quite yet" I replied, "I'm just medically unique and have more than 20 medical conditions including an incredibly rare neuro-muscular condition". It seems that unless you are in a wheelchair, have a limb missing, have an obvious disfigurement, or have an oxygen mask on etc, you are seen as being "ok".
This 'judging a book ....' **** that still exists causes me so many problems it's almost unbelievable.

Anyway, I end up getting an appointment for a different time, but I still had problems to overcome, including trying to get some transport organised as if I can't the procedure will have to be cancelled. Well today I receive a letter telling me that the original procedure time/date has been cancelled and they have given me the ****ing original time and date that I told them would cause me a lot of problems. I phone up the pre-assessment clinic and am put through to the main dept, however there is nobody there and I can only leave a message. So I leave a message and wait for them to get back to me. Not only do they not get back to me, but I'm not sure if I left my phone number, so I call back hoping to either get hold of an actual person, or leave another message where I can give them my number and tell them that I need to sort out exact times and to let them know that organising transport is a serious problem.

Well the first problem with me trying to do that is that on the new letter they sent me it say "If you need to contact us, phone the number at the top of the page". I look for the number, only to find that they have the dialing code, the first part of the number, but where the second part should be there is just a line. Anyway, I get the number from elsewhere and go through the various menus to get to the department where I'm told that nobody from the dept is available and would I like to leave a message. I reply "yes" only to be told that the ****ing message box is full!?!?!?

I'd like to say this kind of thing is a one off, but it happens time and time and time again. Only a couple of weeks ago I went for an appointment only to be told upon arrival that it was a telephone appointment (which was conducted by phone whilst I was in the hospital), and that erroneously the letter I was sent failed to mention this. What made this slightly ironic is that there was another person whose appointment was after mine who had the same issue. The ironic thing was that this guy was an actual consultant himself.

The NHS is good in theory, but in practice it is a massively flawed piece of ****, especially for people like me.

I'm not a religious man, but if I was I'd swear that in a previous life I must have been a mass murderer or perhaps even something/someone worse.

RedNoodle
11th November 2020, 09:30 PM
I've just got back in after my procedure. Expect another 'epic' (when I feel up to it) as to why life is so tough for people like me, and why I hate how the NHS operates with a passion.

CCTV
11th November 2020, 10:18 PM
I've just got back in after my procedure. Expect another 'epic' (when I feel up to it) as to why life is so tough for people like me, and why I hate how the NHS operates with a passion.

Good to hear you got your procedure done for now :)

Balinkay
11th November 2020, 10:47 PM

Yep, great news! ^^

Also just spoke to my parents - they sounded in really good shape! A bit annoyed they're still locked in, but not particularly sick anymore. A bit of the sniffles and some headaches but let's hope the worst is behind them.

RedNoodle
12th November 2020, 12:16 AM

Thanks, but not such good news. A monumental series of f-ups and lies pre procedure, followed by f-ups on the day of the procedure causing issues with my mega-rare condition, followed by a number of post procedure f-ups that I informed them about/tried to stop FOUR times pre procedure which not only has previously put me in a position where it/they could have 'ended' things, or could have caused serious/permanent damage, and has/could have/may end up in serious-mega serious issues, AND is going to require a likely trip back to the hospital tomorrow, despite the fact I'm disabled and have informed them that it 100% causes me issues before, during and definitely after, all because the system is fkd with a capital F, and because they take f-all notice of anything a patient tells them.

On top of that I'm lots of pain and discomfort, and am bleeding from somewhere you really don't want to be bleeding from.

Life is such fun ............ NOT!!!!! :mad: + :sorrow:

CCTV
12th November 2020, 12:40 AM
Sounds really rough Noods.

Good to hear about your old folks Bali.

CCTV
12th November 2020, 12:41 AM
Does anyone have a few thousand spare surface to lower orbit missiles I could borrow ?

I'm assuming the massive garden floodlights at night in the sky are Tesla Satellites.

RedNoodle
7th December 2020, 06:58 PM
You would not believe how much **** can happen to one person in the space of one hour.

Fate, Karma, God, whatever ....... Can you please either stop ****Ing torturing me, or just finish me off!!!!! :mad:

Kev0909
7th December 2020, 08:35 PM
You would not believe how much **** can happen to one person in the space of one hour.

Fate, Karma, God, whatever ....... Can you please either stop ****Ing torturing me, or just finish me off!!!!! :mad:

Do you want me to do some BDSM with you?

RedNoodle
7th December 2020, 09:05 PM
Do you want me to do some BDSM with you?

Thanks, but no thanks.

I'm not into that sort of thing, but even if I was, my body would not be able to cope with it.

RedNoodle
11th December 2020, 07:17 PM
I am so, so bad. I'm really not sure how much more I can take. :sorrow: + :hopelessness:

RedNoodle
22nd December 2020, 07:20 PM
Why me? Why me? Why me? Why me? Why me? Why me? WHY ME?!?!?!?!?!?!? :mad:

I had a rare excursion outside my front door today, and yet again almost everything went wrong/lots of **** happened!?!?!?!?!

First off virtually everything I needed I couldn't get hold of. Then I tried to get a burger. They only accepted cards (no cash), and my poxy card wouldn't work. I then decided to look elsewhere for the things I need. I go to the bus stop and on the dot matrix display it said a number of buses I could get were due, with one of them being a bit quicker to get to where I was going. So I pass up getting any of the first two buses, only for the one I decided to get definitely not being "due", resulting in me waiting for more time than I would have saved if I had got any of the first two buses. I then try to get the stuff I need from this second location, and not only does one of the few stores that is open not have what I need, it seemed like every ****er wanted to bump into me, usually with their trolley.

So not being able to get the things I needed, I go to another store. I get off the bus and I step into a large dip/hole that has been camouflaged by a puddle, resulting in me spraining my left ankle (swollen and painfull - currently in a bowl of cold water) and ****Ing up my right knee. This happened not fifty metres from where I slipped backwards on some ice and whacked my head on the pavement a few years ago, something that could have killed me. On both occasions there were a few people around, and both times not one ****er asked me if I was ok.

So I hobble into the store and yet again not only do they not have most of what I need, more people keep bumping into me (again mostly with their trolleys). I go to the tills and try to scan one item I managed to get, and on two successive tills they go haywire and ask me to "seek assistance". If the third till had not worked I would have left the item.

So I finally get home and see how ****ed my ankle is, and whilst soaking it and typing this post, a text comes through saying about 'vulnerable people' needing to shield. You'd think that was a good thing, except that despite having 23+ conditions and being medically unique, the ****Ing text isn't meant for me!?!?!?! :mad:

Seriously, was I ****ing Heinrich Himmler in a previous life?!?!?!?!?

Universe .......... Fate .......... God .......... Please **** off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: + :upset:

Balinkay
22nd December 2020, 08:34 PM
Jesus, those are some cartoonish levels of bad luck, Noods. Sorry to hear that.

Soak that ankle and enjoy watching Arteta save his job tonight.

Kev0909
22nd December 2020, 08:41 PM
Can't you just do the shopping online?

RedNoodle
22nd December 2020, 08:45 PM
Jesus, those are some cartoonish levels of bad luck, Noods. Sorry to hear that.

Soak that ankle and enjoy watching Arteta save his job tonight.

That is a typical day for me.

I also had grief from a member of my family, but I won't go into that.

I ****ing hate life.

I'm not perfect, but I know I'm a good person who just wants to see good things happen to good people.

It would be nice if one good thing would happen to me, or one person would actually give a **** about me. My birthday was not long ago and I received a grand total of ONE card.

My health is seriously bad, but because I LOOK normal, nobody gives a toss. I've not contacted my surgery for eight weeks despite needing urgent treatment/surgery (one treatment has lost it's efficacy) because I suffer from horrendous anxiety, and I just cant face going through the **** that I have done many times, where I struggle to get simple tests done, and have to deal with a bunch of useless, lying, patronising, condescending a-holes.

RedNoodle
22nd December 2020, 08:48 PM

A bit late now. I may have to try and organise something before I attempt to get what little sleep I can (around 6-7am). I have to get some bits and pieces which are easier to get offline e.g. supplements, or needing to pick up meds, go to the bank etc.

RedNoodle
23rd December 2020, 06:56 PM

Yet another example of my luck:-

As I detailed earlier, I was up into the very early hours trying to sort out a gift for someone. I was struggling to find something suitable, but eventually I remembered something they like and managed to find a gift related to this particular interest of theirs. A problem with this gift however is that one of, if not its main part could be better, so I search around for a 'replacement part' and eventually I manage to find something suitable, and put the last one that is in stock into my basket.

I get to the checkout where I have to provide a suitable address and some contact details (which can't include your mobile) as I'm sending the items as a gift, and also in case there is a problem. Well after ****ing about for a bit trying to get the site to accept the relevant details, I finally get to the bit where you finalise your order, I click on the 'confirm order' button, only to be told that the item is out of stock, meaning that not only could I not get that item, but I had to cancel an item which was connected to the one that had just sold out.

I am sooooooooooooo ****ing unlucky!!!!! I could have every possible set of Euromillions numbers bar one, and I'd still end up not winning the jackpot. :mad:

scientificred
23rd December 2020, 08:20 PM
Dear Noods
What a bad run of luck.
Hope you don't mind but it reminded me of an old Smith and Jones sketch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDn46KL3TmM
Hope you somehow manage to have a good Xmas despite everything.
Today I got my first Xmas presents for 10 years (wonderfully boxed and wrapped too).
I will open them tomorrow or Xmas day.
Take care.
YNWA

RedNoodle
23rd December 2020, 09:09 PM
Dear Noods
What a bad run of luck.
Today I got my first Xmas presents for 10 years (wonderfully boxed and wrapped too).
Take care.
YNWA

That has been the way things have run for me effectively since the day I was conceived. Unfortunately my Xmas will be spent doing the same things I have done for many years i.e. lying on my bed in my dressing gown, not moving, nor seeing or speaking to anyone. And as has been the case for the last few Christmases, this one will be spent with even more/extra health issues, with this year's 'extras' being a sprained left ankle and a pair of ****ed up knees.

I hope your Christmas is infinitely better than mine and that you get some nice presents. I can't actually remember when I last received a present, nor what it was.

CCTV
23rd December 2020, 11:18 PM
Dear Noods
What a bad run of luck.
Take care.
YNWA

That's good to hear SR :) hope you enjoy your presents

RedNoodle
25th December 2020, 06:13 AM
I just went for a wash before bed (meaning getting in it, rather than just laying on it which I do 24/7), and before doing so I had to remove a bandage from my left foot. This bandage was needed as a result of me stepping into a 'nicely' hidden hole the other day. Upon removing the bandage I was confronted with not only a previously know about swollen ankle, but one that is now covered in bruises.

Only a few hours into Xmas day and I can already tell that this years un-festive period is going to be another 'good-un'.

Kev0909
25th December 2020, 02:34 PM
What's the fucking point of being with family christmas day when dad decides to spend 2-3 hours on his phone talking to his mate before this was talking to his brother which is fair enough for a bit.. but taking the fucking piss now

fucking gonna have christmas dinner at 7pm at this rate

Fuck sake i'll just go for a long walk shall I?

Oh yeah always the youngsters on there phones right?

Fuck this i'm getting drunk only way to deal with the family dinner anyway

Could be worse, could be sat in a lorry in fucking dover,

At least next year probably will just be a shit year insted of a super shit year

#kevative

RedNoodle
25th December 2020, 04:37 PM
You can choose your friends (well some are lucky enough to have some/enough to be 'picky'), but you can't choose your family. It seems that some try to shoehorn all the meeting/catching up and activities they should have done in the previous 51 weeks into 1 day/week. Not a good idea. It's asking for trouble.

Kev0909
28th December 2020, 05:25 PM
I'm not a big fan of christmas but is it me or does it seem fucking shit few days after and boring as fuck?

it feels.. weird

RedNoodle
28th December 2020, 06:17 PM
I'm not a big fan of christmas but is it me or does it seem fucking shit few days after and boring as fuck?

it feels.. weird

Christmas should be banned.

RedNoodle
30th December 2020, 11:54 PM
I'm in soooo much ****ing pain. Us dropping stupid points isn't making me feel any better either. :(

RedNoodle
1st January 2021, 12:09 AM
It's preordained that 2021 is going to be even worse than 2020.

Well at least for some of us it will be.