PDA

View Full Version : The President's brain is missing

scientificred
5th August 2020, 02:36 PM
I am starting a new thread seeing as how Donald seems so deluded these days.
It is called 'the president's brain is missing'
I will start it with a youTube from Spitting image.
Although it is aimed at Ronald Reagan it still has some relevance today for me.
Feel free to contribute!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GikXgkLfAOM

scientificred
5th August 2020, 03:29 PM
Today, and quite early, Donald has dexcribed the Beirut blast as an attack.
Surely too early without any evidence and pouring fuel on a fire which is Lebanon at present.
Where is his brain?
Very dangerous for world politics.

redebreck
6th August 2020, 02:06 AM
I am starting a new thread seeing as how Donald seems so deluded these days.
It is called 'the president's brain is missing'
I will start it with a youTube from Spitting image.
Although it is aimed at Ronald Reagan it still has some relevance today for me.
Feel free to contribute!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GikXgkLfAOM

Video blocked on copyright grounds, UK.
Bastard ITV...

scientificred
6th August 2020, 10:29 AM
Video blocked on copyright grounds, UK.
Bastard ITV...

Try this link - just viewed OK on my computer (not tried yet with mobile)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keP17ZU6_RU

redebreck
8th August 2020, 01:01 AM
Try this link - just viewed OK on my computer (not tried yet with mobile)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keP17ZU6_RU

Isn't there a sequel?
The Prime Minister's brain is <insert here>

Loved Spitting Image during the Thatcher years

CCTV
29th August 2020, 01:56 PM
Today, and quite early, Donald has dexcribed the Beirut blast as an attack.
Surely too early without any evidence and pouring fuel on a fire which is Lebanon at present.
Where is his brain?
Very dangerous for world politics.

How was it too early to suggest the blast was an attack ?
What danger or how has it become very dangerous to world/global politics ?

By the slant of your allegations, would you agree with the statement that the repetition of the russia gate hoax was the greatest risk to the outbreak of ww3 and nuclear war since the events in ukraine involving ethnic russians under the obama admin ?

scientificred
31st August 2020, 06:30 PM

By the slant of your allegations, would you agree with the statement that the repetition of the russia gate hoax was the greatest risk to the outbreak of ww3 and nuclear war since the events in ukraine involving ethnic russians under the obama admin ?

The middle east has been very dangerous for world politics for many decades.
Any instability does not help the prevalence of terrorist groups that abound from that region.
Trump stated it was an attack without offering any substance to his statement.
President of US should know better in my opinion.
It was not an allegation and it has no slant.

Regarding the russia gate hoax I am not sure what you mean there so please advise.
But I do think that Putin is a very wily and dangerous character on the world stage.

CCTV
1st September 2020, 01:43 AM
The middle east has been very dangerous for world politics for many decades. 1
Any instability does not help the prevalence of terrorist groups that abound from that region. 2
Trump stated it was an attack without offering any substance to his statement. 3
President of US should know better in my opinion. 4
It was not an allegation and it has no slant. 5

Regarding the russia gate hoax I am not sure what you mean there so please advise.
But I do think that Putin is a very wily and dangerous character on the world stage.

1 - ok
2 - not sure what you mean exactly, how in a metric sense has trumps comments added to the instability in lebanon.
3 - ive just checked youtube, my outsourced memory bank and it appears in the clip i just watched that he said it was based on the explosion and opinion of generals.
4 - well thats your opinion and entitlement.
5 - perhaps a misunderstanding.
When i say that by the slant of your allegations, i simply mean that if you are stating his words impacted significantly the environment and this was dangerous, what would you make of other words impacting other scenarios.

Personally i'm not sure that trumps words had any major impact on the circumstances in lebanon or the wider region. Id say the announcement of the israel-uae peace treaty is likely to have stirred more emotions. I have little optimism for peace in the middle east for the foreseeable future and stirring emotions is not exactly a good enough reason to not try for an outcome of peace.
Neither trump utterance would come close to the destabilisation of the 7 conflicts started under the previous 2 presidents. Imo it would have very little impact if any.

By russiagate i mean the claims regarding russian collusion and deciding the outcome of the last us presidential elections. Id suggest this theory has largely been debunked.
Have mainstream media put global affairs in jeopardy by fuelling tensions between the worlds two most nuclear armed nations ?

reddownunder
1st September 2020, 01:09 PM
I'd say that Israel's aggressive border expansion policies that violate international law are the main impediment to peace in the middle east. No pie in the sky middle east peace plan will ever have any impact whatsoever until this issue is addressed.

scientificred
2nd September 2020, 02:57 PM
1 - ok
2 - not sure what you mean exactly, how in a metric sense has trumps comments added to the instability in lebanon.
3 - ive just checked youtube, my outsourced memory bank and it appears in the clip i just watched that he said it was based on the explosion and opinion of generals.
4 - well thats your opinion and entitlement.
5 - perhaps a misunderstanding.
When i say that by the slant of your allegations, i simply mean that if you are stating his words impacted significantly the environment and this was dangerous, what would you make of other words impacting other scenarios.

Personally i'm not sure that trumps words had any major impact on the circumstances in lebanon or the wider region. Id say the announcement of the israel-uae peace treaty is likely to have stirred more emotions. I have little optimism for peace in the middle east for the foreseeable future and stirring emotions is not exactly a good enough reason to not try for an outcome of peace.
Neither trump utterance would come close to the destabilisation of the 7 conflicts started under the previous 2 presidents. Imo it would have very little impact if any.

By russiagate i mean the claims regarding russian collusion and deciding the outcome of the last us presidential elections. Id suggest this theory has largely been debunked.
Have mainstream media put global affairs in jeopardy by fuelling tensions between the worlds two most nuclear armed nations ?

2 - OK Trumps comments certainly do not improve stability
3 - Trump claimed that unnamed generals advised him so, this was quite quickly rebuffed by unnamed defence spokesman

Can't say I like newshounds much whether mainstream or local (just doing their job I guess)

scientificred
9th September 2020, 09:21 PM

Still do not understand why you think it was OK at such early notice for president of USA to suggest it was an attack with no definite evidence otherwise. You replied to my post much later and so to add voice to your opinion but that was weeks later when it appears it had not added fuel to the fire. Why did you not voice your opinion at the time of happening? Easy in hindsight.

CCTV
10th September 2020, 09:41 PM
1) Still do not understand why you think it was OK at such early notice for president of USA to suggest it was an attack with no definite evidence otherwise.

2) You replied to my post much later and so to add voice to your opinion but that was weeks later when it appears it had not added fuel to the fire.
Why did you not voice your opinion at the time of happening? Easy in hindsight.

1) Trump said it looked like an attack from conversations he had with some of his generals.
If something happens people are able to say what they believed happened. Those in power are expected to state what they believe has happened.
The day after he clarified that there was no certainty over whether it was a calamitous accident or an egregious attack, but given the data at hand and analysis offered to him by those whod know best they were inclined to lean towards it being an attack.
Its not unusual for people to make such statements.

2) Im asking you how what trumpy said had the effect you predicted at the outset, or what was it he said that would pour fuel on the fire.
Or to express your more general view of the level of stability in Lebanon over the recent past and what measurable impact trumps speech had on the environement.

I checked a guardian video and this is what i have him saying.
"Let me begin by sending americas deepest sympathies to the people of lebanon, where reports indicate many many people were killed. Hundreds more were very badly wounded in a large explosion in beiruit. Our prayers go out to all the victims and their families. The united states stands ready to assist lebanon, weve a very good relationship with the people of lebanon and we will be there to help. It looks like a terrible attack"
Reporter "on lebanon, you called this an attack are you confident this was an attack and not an accident?"
"Well it would seem like it based on the explosion, i met with some of our great generals and they just seem to feel that it was, this was eh, not some kind of manufacturing explosion type of event. This was a, seems to be, according to them, they would know better than i would, but they seem to think this was an attack. It was a bomb of some kind."

On the 5th of august what exactly was it he said that was so ignitable and what impacts did you think it would cause ?

Are you retracting your beliefs now after a few weeks ? Or do you still think it could be manifested in the future ?
Seems you were expecting a rather immediate reaction/event.

I didnt reply to the thread as i have been busy enough of late and your political threads seem to be lacking some meat, so i hadnt clicked on it immediately.

CCTV
10th September 2020, 09:48 PM
2 - OK Trumps comments certainly do not improve stability
3 - Trump claimed that unnamed generals advised him so, this was quite quickly rebuffed by unnamed defence spokesman

Can't say I like newshounds much whether mainstream or local (just doing their job I guess)

If you think/thought trumps words have/had a potential impact on lebanon, what do you think the largely debunked theory dubbed russiagate had on global politics ?

There are many democrats who made the allegation that was amplified by media.

scientificred
16th September 2020, 05:23 PM
If you think/thought trumps words have/had a potential impact on lebanon, what do you think the largely debunked theory dubbed russiagate had on global politics ?

There are many democrats who made the allegation that was amplified by media.

Hi CCTV
I am not sure that has been debunked.
What media or other sources should we believe?
I am not a democrat or otherwise
What impact the potential interference may have on global politics may unravel over many years.
Russia and Putin play a very clever game of Chess.
I do not know what there end game is but the as yet unproved involvement in the plane shot down, the incursion into Crimea and Ukraine, the poisoning of certan Russian subjects and the present situation in Syria and Belarus should not be viewed in my opinion as lacking some strategy. e.g. probe, test and no response - good - continue to probe.
It would not surprise me, whilst the rest of the world are so busy with this virus, if Russia are 'invited' into Belarus thus linking Russia with Kaliningrad and the Baltic Sea and at the same time isolating Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania.
Russia is also going to be a major energy supplier to the EU.
Those are my thoughts.
Where I last worked in UK there were a lot of Polish guys worried about this scenario and there reserve army had increased massively over the last few years.
They are worried too.
They think Putin wants to reclaim what he views as land occupied by Russian speaking people.
Trump has very little to say v Putin. He appears to like being associated with dictators.
Signed a deal yesterday with Arab nations and Israel. Was that a good deal? Perhaps time will tell.
Managed to fit in some debunking view on climate change in Oregon/California.
UK like to be associated with US.
I thought the world was better c. 2000 - went on a massive long holiday that year across europe and met many Russian tourists.

CCTV
19th September 2020, 01:12 AM
Quite a bit in that to process and reply to, might get a chance after the weekend.

scientificred
30th September 2020, 12:02 PM
Isn't there a sequel?
The Prime Minister's brain is <insert here>

Loved Spitting Image during the Thatcher years

Looks like a new series is coming soon! Just seen a trailer featuring BoJo and Trump!

stevie harkness
2nd October 2020, 07:18 PM
Trump has tested positive for covid 19 much to the delight of the media.

Proof that masks work apparently. Is he supposed to wear one when he's with his wife?

ianlfc
2nd October 2020, 09:14 PM
The great man will battle through, putting his country first like a real leader should.
Well thats what he'll want everyone to believe 😂😂

scientificred
2nd October 2020, 11:38 PM
Donald has been sent to hospital.
Despite my dislike of his politics I wish him a speedy recovery.
Other people have posted how this virus is no worse than the common flu but when it comes to the succumbing to the ventilator in my opinion it is so horrendous and unforgiving and inhumane.
I hope the forthcoming series of Spitting Image respects these circumstances.
Like everyone who is suffering from this illness - get well soon - God bless

stevie harkness
6th October 2020, 08:25 PM
Donnie T is back!

"Maybe I'm immune, I don't know..."

CCTV
12th October 2020, 12:50 PM
1) Hi CCTV
I am not sure that has been debunked.
What media or other sources should we believe?
2) I am not a democrat or otherwise
3) What impact the potential interference may have on global politics may unravel over many years.
Russia and Putin play a very clever game of Chess.
I do not know what there end game is but the as yet unproved involvement in the plane shot down, the incursion into Crimea and Ukraine, a) the poisoning of certan Russian subjects and the present situation in Syria and Belarus should not be viewed in my opinion as lacking some strategy. e.g. b)probe, test and no response - good - continue to probe.
It would not surprise me, whilst the rest of the world are so busy with this virus, if Russia are 'invited' into Belarus thus linking Russia with Kaliningrad and the Baltic Sea and at the same time isolating Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania.
Russia is also going to be a major energy supplier to the EU.
4)Those are my thoughts.
Where I last worked in UK there were a lot of Polish guys worried about this scenario and there reserve army had increased massively over the last few years.
They are worried too.
They think Putin wants to reclaim what he views as land occupied by Russian speaking people.
5)Trump has very little to say v Putin. He appears to like being associated with dictators.
Signed a deal yesterday with Arab nations and Israel. 6) Was that a good deal? Perhaps time will tell.
7) Managed to fit in some debunking view on climate change in Oregon/California.
UK like to be associated with US.
I thought the world was better c. 2000 - went on a massive long holiday that year across europe and met many Russian tourists.

1) Aaron mate won an izzy award for his journalism on it and has been at the un with opcw whistleblowers, seems to be active in good journalism albeit he has his bias, professionalbut very lefty.
Bill Binney iirc a Sam Adams award winner for intelligence whistleblower (Assange & Snowden also won) would be a good one to follow up imo. Debunks the goosifer2 proposal (imo leading one to the seth rich conspiracy and Assange's reward for info around his death - a botched robbery - failed to rob, managed to murder). A very smart guy and dubbed NSA super genius.
There are a few more.
If it's not been debunked satisfactorily, what evidence would you present for it ?

2) that is surprising, you come across as a lefty by your posts and content coverage. Do you know what you are politically ? A no would be an acceptable answer as it can be detailed.

3) I find it interesting that you were so set on an impact from trumps words, but less so with a hypothesis being proposed of Russia controlling the White House.

I guess we have very different views of Russia/Putin. I wonder how you can worry about Russia at all if they cant even use nerve agents effectively to kill people ?
Russia is a superpower and along with the yanks one of the 2 big nuclear weapon powers. I think they have longstanding interests and relationships with their hinterland owing to their military interests. Along with iran it would seem they have put their country right in the middle of nato/us airbases.
A) I'm sceptical of these chemical weapons attacks, the opcw has had several whistleblowers raise issue with the body for deviating so much from their report and similarly with skrippals I'm suspicous.
Whilst it would seem to be odd timing, that Russias gasline to Germany nordstream2 reaching completion and Assad when winning the war would deploy chemical weapons- the reports whistleblowers indicating in favour of Assad.
B) Russia has a longstanding relationship with Syria so it's not surprising to me they intervened against ISIS when asked into the country. Many of those ISIS fighters have been in Libya and now Azerbaijan iirc on behalf of Erdogan it seems. In Ukraine they annexed a part of ukraine that voted for independence where the population is mostly ethnic russians.
The German led EU expansion into eastern europe has probably upset Russia and the post cold war agreements so I wonder how they are probing and testing. They have geopolitical interests and want a sense of security.
For me Russia are not exactly a comparably active aggressor as western nations.

4) most of my encounters with eastern Europeans have had similar levels of suspicion and disdain for Germans, Russians and Muslims. Sometimes yanks, but less so.

5) given your appraisal of his comments at the start of this thread, perhaps you should be grateful hes said very little about Putin. Do you want him to inflame Russian concerns over the expansion of the EU ever further into the lebensraum and the German/French push for an EU army.

6) are there peace deals you've disliked before ? Theres also the serbia/Kosovo one too, whilst deescalating North Korea to a decent extent.
There have been some historic landmarks from it, a jewish plane landing in the uae. Longer term I'm not sure how the region is resolved. There are large factions that dont want peace, can there be jews in a peaceful middle east. When the alternative version of cbbc has kids talking about wanting to grow up and shoot every jew or depicting a jew killing their barney/mickeymouse I'm not overly optimistic. In terms of strategy it's probably wisest to build some coalition amongst the more agreeable, but it might be resolved unsatisfactorily.
I wouldnt hold out for a northern Ireland type future anytime soon.

7) what are you referring to?
Was it the forest management failures or the prediction of a foreseeable cooling in the coming years ? (something I'd be interested to see if it happens myself as our next solar cycle is expected to be a rather low one, albeit temperature imo will continue to rise over the remainder of the century unless solar activity is going to decrease, about half a degree Celsius for 2100 on current data imo)

To me Russia could play an important role in preventing a hot war between the USA and China. To do so they will need to keep their economic ties with china strong but manage to keep their own position as the superior military power of the 2.

Nineteenx
30th October 2020, 07:52 AM
I'd say that Israel's aggressive border expansion policies that violate international law are the main impediment to peace in the middle east. No pie in the sky middle east peace plan will ever have any impact whatsoever until this issue is addressed.

Well, that's not going to happen is it, the Israel Lobby is doing a fine job of interfering in politics across the entire globe labelling anyone who calls them out for their continuing breaches of international law and human rights as antisemitic

They're even after ethical supermarkets like the co-op and other shops that won't stock any goods from Israel that has been produced in illegally occupied territories and trying to label them as antisemitic

Most people these days aren't religious or don't practice a faith in the true sense of doing so, but in the text and teachings of most faiths people are taught to look after the vulnerable and support the oppressed, the whole fake antisemitism thing is actually very twisted, it is anti so many other faiths and attempts to stop people of good faith practicing their faith in line with such teachings

They're not even practicing their own faith, in the old testament of the COE we have Moses and the ten commandments

That shalt not kill
Thou shalt not covet......................

There are lots of thou shalt not covets, it's pretty safe to take it that it means you shouldn't in general and also includes land

And in all of this there isn't any small print saying not doing these things is limited to not doing them to people of your own faith does it, it just says don't do them

Nineteenx
30th October 2020, 08:31 AM
2) that is surprising, you come across as a lefty by your posts and content coverage.

Lefty is a term invented by the RW media as a form of ridiculing decent people, often people of genuine faith for wanting to create societies and a world that cares for all the people the texts of every religious book tells them to

A lot of people describe/label me as a lefty, what people would view as my politics aren't about left or right, they are about right or wrong, they are born out of my studying RE from the age of 12 and doing numerous essays in which we had to take a story from the bible and put it into modern day

Everyone should read the teachings of a faith, I'm not asking them to believe in God, just read it and take the contents as teachings of how to be decent and to discipline yourself from caving in to mans worst primal instincts, as that is what most biblical stories are about

The 'society' we live in, despite purporting to be a 'Christian society', through the media actively encourages people to hone and develop those worst instincts, it preys on mankinds susceptibility and weakness to fall into them

In one of my essays, we were doing Soddom and Gomorrah and I made the comparison of them being the US and UK in today's world, I got a 10.

Perhaps covid is our Soddom and Gomorrah moment, our leave the world you have created and never look back lest you turn into a pillar of salt moment

Kev0909
30th October 2020, 12:58 PM
Wonder how long it'll be until there's riots on the street....

Nineteenx
30th October 2020, 10:38 PM
So hope the pig man loses the US election, really going to fuck Boris up the arse if it does too, hopefully the pig man does lose and it brings the Trumpian copycat behaviour of the God awful Tories to an end as it makes my blood boil and my skin crawl

Trump would never have got the trade deal he was promising Johnson, that incidentally would have been a disaster deal for the UK, through congress anyway because of the NI issue and the huge amount of Irish Americans in US Congress, he won't get a deal from the US at all with Trump gone, Obama told them they'd be right at the back of the queue if they split from the EU and opened the region up to trade war and instability, while Trump desperately wanted a trade war on Europe

Kev0909
31st October 2020, 04:24 AM
fucking cunts

CCTV
31st October 2020, 11:57 AM
So hope the pig man loses the US election, really going to fuck Boris up the arse if it does too, hopefully the pig man does lose and it brings the Trumpian copycat behaviour of the God awful Tories to an end as it makes my blood boil and my skin crawl

Trump would never have got the trade deal he was promising Johnson, that incidentally would have been a disaster deal for the UK, through congress anyway because of the NI issue and the huge amount of Irish Americans in US Congress, he won't get a deal from the US at all with Trump gone, Obama told them they'd be right at the back of the queue if they split from the EU and opened the region up to trade war and instability, while Trump desperately wanted a trade war on Europe

I use lefty and righty to describe people loosely associated with the political divide, often tied to personality data.
Be interesting to see how the us elections turn out imo, prior to covid I had the righties walking it.

Perhaps you should practice what you preach.

I find it odd how you rate Obama/Biden so highly.

CCTV
31st October 2020, 11:58 AM
Wonder how long it'll be until there's riots on the street....

As Ian said in the footy forum, look after yourself and be fixing peoples washing machines to call round.

Nineteenx
31st October 2020, 11:14 PM
3 days

Nineteenx
2nd November 2020, 10:46 PM
1 day really hope Pig man loses

He's a very dangerous idiot, he like a child in a man's body, a child spoilt rotten, never told no and used to getting his own way and that's what makes him so very dangerous

Kev0909
3rd November 2020, 12:51 AM
Biden is fav in polls bookies etc my mates reckon trump will win maybe worth a bet i don't know

Them corrupt Russians

Balinkay
3rd November 2020, 01:07 AM
Without COVID I'd have had Trump at 100%.

CCTV
3rd November 2020, 02:19 AM

Same, 90-95% chance, economy doing well, no new wars, an end to CRT of sorts, peace deals and destroyed the media.

Now with covid and huge numbers of mail in voting, I give him a 70-75% chance of winning.
Where a defeat wouldn't be too shocking.

Probably gonna be one huge mess after the election either way. Everything primed for contesting the results.

reddownunder
3rd November 2020, 06:28 AM
I'd say it's 50:50. Whoever wins Pennsylvania will take it

Nineteenx
3rd November 2020, 08:41 AM
Same, 90-95% chance, economy doing well, no new wars, an end to CRT of sorts, peace deals and destroyed the media.

Now with covid and huge numbers of mail in voting, I give him a 70-75% chance of winning.

Probably gonna be one huge mess after the election either way. Everything primed for contesting the results.

Destroyed the media how? By saying every true story of him being a dangerous idiot and lying scheming sos is fake news, plus you say it like it's a good thing

There is so much i loathe about America and Americanisms infecting, devolving and poluting other nations and cultures, their media however or at least a decent perccentage of it, newspaper and broadcast actually do journalism and let people in the US know the truth about a lot of issues that the vast majority of UK media, 100% of broadcast media whitewash, soft soap or mislead through omission

Nineteenx
3rd November 2020, 10:00 AM
Oh my God Will I Am, get in there son, probably THE most astute and accurate comment on US and UK politics i've ever heard just now

When asked why Trump is still popular "It's like an abusive relationship, people constantly being told things are a certain way, they're not happy, but don't have the courage to leave"

Sums up UK politics and ppl voting Tory through media scaremongering and smears for decades perfectly

CCTV
3rd November 2020, 10:21 AM
Destroyed the media how? By saying every true story of him being a dangerous idiot and lying scheming sos is fake news, plus you say it like it's a good thing

There is so much i loathe about America and Americanisms infecting, devolving and poluting other nations and cultures, their media however or at least a decent perccentage of it, newspaper and broadcast actually do journalism and let people in the US know the truth about a lot of issues that the vast majority of UK media, 100% of broadcast media whitewash, soft soap or mislead through omission

Of course it's a good thing the media are trash by and large.

Balinkay
3rd November 2020, 10:40 AM

I don't know about any of the first three things you mentioned - not sure any of them are true, might the be the case though.

I was thinking more along the lines of "loud chimanzee will scream louder than old man in debates".

Balinkay
3rd November 2020, 10:41 AM

But not the likes of Fox News and Alex Jones he promotes? :D

Nineteenx
3rd November 2020, 11:28 AM

No, as Bali points out, the likes of Fox, another Murdoch instrument of misinformation are absolute garbage like the vast majority of uk media and the entirety of uk broadcast media, the US however actually has numerous broadcast outlets that actually do journalism and hold the President and politicians to account with accurate well researched 'journalism' whereas Fox, like the uk media just makes things up, misinforms and misrepresents by omission and creates smear campaigns passing them off as journalism and them doing their job

Nineteenx
3rd November 2020, 11:34 AM

How is it that Murdoch and Australian immigrant in both the US and UK has a position of such power and influence over who runs either country? America or UK first? More like Murdochs billions first, i'd actually ban non uk citizens from owning or controlling our news sources, talk about foreign powers interfering in elections, that cunt's been at it for 40 years

CCTV
3rd November 2020, 12:00 PM

I dont follow Trumps twitter tbh, but fake news is a great fit. Fox are part of the media. I didn't have Alex Jones as part of the media.

CCTV
3rd November 2020, 12:01 PM
No, as Bali points out, the likes of Fox, another Murdoch instrument of misinformation are absolute garbage like the vast majority of uk media and the entirety of uk broadcast media, the US however actually has numerous broadcast outlets that actually do journalism and hold the President and politicians to account with accurate well researched 'journalism' whereas Fox, like the uk media just makes things up, misinforms and misrepresents by omission and creates smear campaigns passing them off as journalism and them doing their job

Provide some names please of the established media you adore.

stevie harkness
3rd November 2020, 12:07 PM

Yeah it was all his fault! To be fair he appears to be one leader who hasn't used covid to grab power. That's a dictator fail.

reddownunder
3rd November 2020, 12:16 PM
How is it that Murdoch and Australian immigrant in both the US and UK has a position of such power and influence over who runs either country? America or UK first? More like Murdochs billions first, i'd actually ban non uk citizens from owning or controlling our news sources, talk about foreign powers interfering in elections, that cunt's been at it for 40 years

Murdoch is indeed a cunt. He owns two thirds of all news publications in Australia and uses it to push his conservative propaganda ad naseum. He now holds so much power over our politicians that none of them have the balls to do anything about the fact that one person has a monopoly on the way news is portrayed

Balinkay
3rd November 2020, 12:20 PM
I dont follow Trumps twitter tbh, but fake news is a great fit. Fox are part of the media. I didn't have Alex Jones as part of the media.

He is an alternative to media. One that is supported by Trump.

I don't like the establishment media as much as the next guy and calling them out on their bullshite is not a bad thing. However, legitimising the insanity of Jones and his ilk in its place is not the answer.

Balinkay
3rd November 2020, 12:21 PM
Yeah it was all his fault! To be fair he appears to be one leader who hasn't used covid to grab power. That's a dictator fail.

What I meant was that I'd have been 100% sure he'd win the election. Not that I'd want him to win the election, sorry if it wasn't clear.

I don't think he's fit to run a lemonade stand, let alone the US.

CCTV
3rd November 2020, 12:30 PM

Hes a terrible Hitler, imo it's funny watching the dissonance of people trying to maintain their position from hes a nuclear risk nazi in 2016.
Resisted interfering in states affairs over BLM and Covid.

stevie harkness
3rd November 2020, 01:55 PM
What I meant was that I'd have been 100% sure he'd win the election. Not that I'd want him to win the election, sorry if it wasn't clear.

I don't think he's fit to run a lemonade stand, let alone the US.

Yeah I agree he would have won without the covid situation, he still might.

Kev0909
3rd November 2020, 02:11 PM
Yeah I agree he would have won without the covid situation, he still might.

people are fucking thick as fuck so i wouldn't be surprised UK too.

But when you see what the most popular music is in the charts, it doesn't surprise you

another reason why corona spreads like anything

people what are they good for? absolutely notttthing

Also biden at 78- not really a long term thing? what is it with all the old presidents? he'll probably die on the job ffs

Balinkay
3rd November 2020, 02:23 PM
Trump is 74, so not much younger tbf.

I guess the issue is that it takes a long time to establish the necessary connections and accrue the necessary clout and influence within the political system and business world to actually get a chance to run as president. The only exceptions would be either someone like Chelsea Clinton (she gets most of the connections for free - courtesy of her surname) or someone who bursts onto the scene for some truly extraordinary reason. Say Elon Musk if he were less of a meme lord and had... idk served in the Army, had singlehandedly saved 5 000 000 people from some sort of certain death, had invented a cure for cancer and was also Jesus.

CCTV
3rd November 2020, 02:47 PM
He is an alternative to media. One that is supported by Trump.

I don't like the establishment media as much as the next guy and calling them out on their bullshite is not a bad thing. However, legitimising the insanity of Jones and his ilk in its place is not the answer.

Alternative media or an alternative to media ?

Out of interest would you care to list his insanities ? I'm not doubting them, just would like to know what they are. Hes a conspiracy theorist whose revealed some gems, discusses mad topics and is best taken with a bucket of salt.

I have to reply to Steveo re bojos ramblings and Corbyn's fuck ups in the football forum first though when I get the chance.

CCTV
3rd November 2020, 02:49 PM
Trump is 74, so not much younger tbf.

I guess the issue is that it takes a long time to establish the necessary connections and accrue the necessary clout and influence within the political system and business world to actually get a chance to run as president. The only exceptions would be either someone like Chelsea Clinton (she gets most of the connections for free - courtesy of her surname) or someone who bursts onto the scene for some truly extraordinary reason. Say Elon Musk if he were less of a meme lord and had... idk served in the Army, had singlehandedly saved 5 000 000 people from some sort of certain death, had invented a cure for cancer and was also Jesus.

Would he have to build a time machine and travel back so as to be born in America ?

I guess like Thomas Sowell hed figure his time is best spent away from running for election.

stevie harkness
3rd November 2020, 02:50 PM
Yeah plenty of old timers in US politics.

I thought that counted against Bernie Sanders when they went with Hilary but then he popped up again 4 years older but they choose Biden!

I reckon the idea is that Biden gets in then keels over and leaves the way clear for Kamala Harris to take over. It's all scripted you know.

CCTV
3rd November 2020, 02:50 PM
What they are or which ones, I dont have an encyclopedic knowledge of him.

CCTV
3rd November 2020, 02:52 PM
Yeah plenty of old timers in US politics.

I thought that counted against Bernie Sanders when they went with Hilary but then he popped up again 4 years older but they choose Biden!

I reckon the idea is that Biden gets in then keels over and leaves the way clear for Kamala Harris to take over. It's all scripted you know.

Kamala was the DNC hopeful imo, a clinton character and I guess will become president should Biden win the election. Didn't have the goods herself.

stevie harkness
3rd November 2020, 02:58 PM
Yes CCTV it does look that way

Balinkay
3rd November 2020, 03:40 PM
@CC

I don't follow AJ too closely either: the best bits I can think of is the the clips I've seen of him proclaiming his political enemies to be Satanic demons and aliens - if you're interested, you can probably find them on youtube. And, as you say, all the bonkers conspiracy theories of course. :D

But he is the protagonist in one of my favourite things on the internet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JRLCBb7qK8&ab_channel=placeboing

Funnily enough he's not entirely wrong on that one afaik.

Balinkay
3rd November 2020, 03:49 PM
Also, CC - I'm not really looking to debate you on this. I'm not very knowledgeable about politics and don't particularly feel more so after talking with you on the topic a few times.

My overall read on you is that you approach the subject from an angle that makes it difficult for me to find any discussion with you on the topic interesting or stimulating. Not to mention that we're seemingly diametrically opposed in most of our views to a point where even getting the basic language and assumptions of a disccussion between the two of us can't really be achieved on an online forum without an exorbitant amount of pre-discussion discussion. You're just not the type of guy I enjoy talking with on such topics.

Nineteenx
3rd November 2020, 04:28 PM
Also, CC - I'm not really looking to debate you on this. I'm not very knowledgeable about politics and don't particularly feel more so after talking with you on the topic a few times.

My overall read on you is that you approach the subject from an angle that makes it difficult for me to find any discussion with you on the topic interesting or stimulating. Not to mention that we're seemingly diametrically opposed in most of our views to a point where even getting the basic language and assumptions of a disccussion between the two of us can't really be achieved on an online forum without an exorbitant amount of pre-discussion discussion. You're just not the type of guy I enjoy talking with on such topics.

Nicely put, the only surprise is he hasn't launched a stat attack on you

I did receive a 2 day twitter ban once during Trump's tenure for asking a few times if he might enjoy an open top limo ride past a grassy knoll, i of course appealed the ban as i was only asking if he might enjoy an open top car ride,

Balinkay
3rd November 2020, 04:49 PM
This isn't meant as a dig at CC, 19, in case it came off that way. I'm sure he's a nice enough guy and plenty of fun irl - just not my cup of tea when it comes to this sort of thing.

CCTV
3rd November 2020, 07:10 PM
@CC

I don't follow AJ too closely either: the best bits I can think of is the the clips I've seen of him proclaiming his political enemies to be Satanic demons and aliens - if you're interested, you can probably find them on youtube. And, as you say, all the bonkers conspiracy theories of course. :D

But he is the protagonist in one of my favourite things on the internet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JRLCBb7qK8&ab_channel=placeboing

Funnily enough he's not entirely wrong on that one afaik.

That's a mild meme/video :D think these might be more to your musical tastes and even more volatile :D

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_MPkSUJ_-YU&list=OLAK5uy_mmk8cevmPEt_7pl36b6amPbUcIpWhaVAs&index=3

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hM1jHyT74G4&list=OLAK5uy_mmk8cevmPEt_7pl36b6amPbUcIpWhaVAs&index=2

Hes been right on a few things and wrong on more.
Was talking about 911 months before it occurred, pedo island, exposed Bohemian grove, in part Bilderberg, opposed George W as a war risk prior to his election. Sandy hook as a red flag caught him out and many more.

I'd say hes an entertainer and in an attention economy hes mightily successful.

The whole climate of politics is rather polarised imo. The loony lefties talk about racist, sexist, nazi, kkk, transphobic and a few more.
Then the loopy right has its satanist, pedo, child hating/killing, spirit cooking etc
Now all these as general descriptives miss the mark, but they loosely hit in part imo in more benign social issues.

CCTV
3rd November 2020, 07:16 PM
This isn't meant as a dig at CC, 19, in case it came off that way. I'm sure he's a nice enough guy and plenty of fun irl - just not my cup of tea when it comes to this sort of thing.

Out of interest are there any commentators you do find to be your cup of tea ?

I think Scott Adams & Sam Harris had a pretty good podcast a while back discussing Trump.
Imo you could extend that out to people like Alex Jones.
Harris an obvious hater of trump but has a style similar to your own perhaps.
Adams a defender of Trump and tries to explain Trumps strategies. I found it enjoyable.

Kev0909
3rd November 2020, 07:19 PM
"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their People."

Balinkay
3rd November 2020, 07:24 PM
That's a mild meme/video :D think these might be more to your musical tastes and even more volatile :D

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_MPkSUJ_-YU&list=OLAK5uy_mmk8cevmPEt_7pl36b6amPbUcIpWhaVAs&index=3

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hM1jHyT74G4&list=OLAK5uy_mmk8cevmPEt_7pl36b6amPbUcIpWhaVAs&index=2

Holy shite, these were awesome. :D

Hes been right on a few things and wrong on more.
Was talking about 911 months before it occurred, pedo island, exposed Bohemian grove, in part Bilderberg, opposed George W as a war risk prior to his election. Sandy hook as a red flag caught him out and many more.

I'd say hes an entertainer and in an attention economy hes mightily successful.

The whole climate of politics is rather polarised imo. The loony lefties talk about racist, sexist, nazi, kkk, transphobic and a few more.
Then the loopy right has its satanist, pedo, child hating/killing, spirit cooking etc
Now all these as general descriptives miss the mark, but they loosely hit in part imo in more benign social issues.

Yes, far too polarised. People seem to look at their political beliefs like we look at our love for LFC. They should not.

Out of interest are there any commentators you do find to be your cup of tea ?

I think Scott Adams & Sam Harris had a pretty good podcast a while back discussing Trump.
Imo you could extend that out to people like Alex Jones.
Harris an obvious hater of trump but has a style similar to your own perhaps.
Adams a defender of Trump and tries to explain Trumps strategies. I found it enjoyable.

Oh, I'm not super familiar with Harris's work, but I do very much like what I've seen. I don't really know Adams, bar for his Joe ***** podcast and the Dilbert comic strip. Mentioning Alex Jones in the same breath as them is absurd from what I've seen. But like I said - arguing with you is something I have zero intention of doing.

"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their People."

Amen.

Edit: Err.... is R ogan a bad word? Why is it blurred out? :D

CCTV
3rd November 2020, 07:41 PM
There are another 18 meme tunes by that youtuber.

Yeah, I think so a lot of windmill fighting. I sometimes wonder if it's a means of avoiding honest discussion on tough topics.
My beef is the encroachment of politics into all other areas of life, culture & academia.

You're not arguing with me on that matter, it doesn't exist :D
I meant if you listen to their podcast on Trump you can extend that discussion out to Alex Jones. Or to AOC, the yank.

I thought you might like Harris. I've listened to him a bit and think hes ok.
Any to venture yourself ? I'll listen to anyone for a while.

CCTV
3rd November 2020, 07:44 PM
Joe *****

Seems to be a banned word, fucking censorship cunts

CCTV
3rd November 2020, 07:45 PM
Can curse but the R.o.g.a.n. shall not be named

Kev0909
3rd November 2020, 08:36 PM
Oldie joe is gonna win i think 2/5 to win.... trump 2/1

Balinkay
4th November 2020, 12:06 AM
There are another 18 meme tunes by that youtuber.

Yeah, I think so a lot of windmill fighting. I sometimes wonder if it's a means of avoiding honest discussion on tough topics.
My beef is the encroachment of politics into all other areas of life, culture & academia.

You're not arguing with me on that matter, it doesn't exist :D
I meant if you listen to their podcast on Trump you can extend that discussion out to Alex Jones. Or to AOC, the yank.

I thought you might like Harris. I've listened to him a bit and think hes ok.
Any to venture yourself ? I'll listen to anyone for a while.

I don't follow much politics on youtube. Used to watch Sargon of Akkad back in the day, but his content veered off from trying to make sense of things towards pushing a political agenda that was a bit too to the right on the old spectrum for my liking and the quality of the channel suffered greatly from it imo.

Watched the Young Turks years ago for a month or so but quickly realised that's not the place for people with more than half a functioning brain either...

Three Arrows is a German who puts everything through a less Anglo-Saxon lens. Think he's decent, but you can hear some of his German biases in there. I get some of my news from TLDR News UK and US. Or used to anyway - I don't watch much of them. They make things understandable for a layman and seem to at least be trying to be objective.

The same channel that runs Biographics also has a political show, forgot the name though. They're also good from what little I've seen.

Balinkay
4th November 2020, 12:08 AM
@Kev

Yeah, I think a narrow victory for Biden seems likely at this point. Here's a live tracker:

https://www.npr.org/2020/11/03/928083390/2020-presidential-election-results-live?ft=nprml&f=&t=1604415405491

RedNoodle
4th November 2020, 01:03 AM
@Balinkay

In regards to Sargon of Akkad, yes I can see how pointing out facts/common sense and certain hypocrisies can be/is seen by many these days as being a bit right wing. :rolleyes:

Balinkay
4th November 2020, 01:13 AM
Like I said, it's been a while since I stopped listening to him - maybe he's improved his content. He'd long since started doing a bunch of other very politically convenient things besides pointing out facts when I stopped watching him. Felt like he was making compromises with the principles he used to follow for his own political gain - not good enough I'm afraid.

Balinkay
4th November 2020, 01:25 AM
Hahahaha, just tuned into The Young Turks live coverage:

Ana "I'm better than you" Kasparian on Trump voters: "These people... if you don't agree with their political views, they'll just start screaming that you're a pedophile."

...kind of like you with your political enemies by using the word "nazi" and "racist", Ana?

That's not saying both sides aren't sometimes (probably a lot more often than we'd like) right in their accusations.

RedNoodle
4th November 2020, 01:34 AM
Like I said, it's been a while since I stopped listening to him - maybe he's improved his content. He'd long since started doing a bunch of other very politically convenient things besides pointing out facts when I stopped watching him. Felt like he was making compromises with the principles he used to follow for his own political gain - not good enough I'm afraid.

Making compromises, or reassessing his political views and the perceptions/narratives surrounding which side of the fence one happens to be on in regards to numerous socio-political issues? I'd personally say the latter. He recently made a video regarding the extent to which he and another prominent YouTuber have changed when it comes to where they currently lie on the socio-political spectrum.

Balinkay
4th November 2020, 01:41 AM
Making compromises, or reassessing his political views and the perceptions/narratives surrounding which side of the fence one happens to be on in regards to numerous socio-political issues? I'd personally say the latter. He recently made a video regarding the extent to which he and another prominent YouTuber have changed when it comes to where they currently lie on the socio-political spectrum.

It was definitely compromises with the way he presented and sourced data. Dishonest reporting, wishful data interpretation, flat out inaccuracies that suited his agenda - that sort of thing. Once I lose trust for a youtuber like that it's just too much work to fact check everything they post.

I might check out the video you mentioned. I know he took a political compass test years ago. I landed ever so slightly further left and slightly further authoritarian than he did. I think it was one square in either direction, might have been two on the authoritarian axis.

https://politicalcompass.org/images/usprimaries2016.png

RedNoodle
4th November 2020, 02:19 AM
I can't say I've looked into how he has sourced his data, not that he's used that much in the videos I've watched. I'm much more interested in how he/others perceive the actions, narratives and agendas of those he talks about, namely when it comes to hypocrisy and common sense, or more accurately the lack of it

Balinkay
4th November 2020, 02:23 AM
Yeah, makes sense. He used to be a more or less reasonable guy from what I could tell back in the day.

I just can't take him seriously anymore when I have to question every word that comes out his mouth and double or triple check every logical connection he makes when explaining why he perceives something the way he does, as I'm afraid he's just pushing his own agenda.

CCTV
4th November 2020, 03:07 AM
It was definitely compromises with the way he presented and sourced data. Dishonest reporting, wishful data interpretation, flat out inaccuracies that suited his agenda - that sort of thing. Once I lose trust for a youtuber like that it's just too much work to fact check everything they post.

I might check out the video you mentioned. I know he took a political compass test years ago. I landed ever so slightly further left and slightly further authoritarian than he did. I think it was one square in either direction, might have been two on the authoritarian axis.

https://politicalcompass.org/images/usprimaries2016.png

That graph is very funny imo, bernie is in the middle or neutral on the authoritarian scale !! and just left of centre economically.

I went to the site and read a little (a bit biased) and took the test (a bit lame)
Where would you place me on their map at a guess ? Where did you land ?

Noods/19 ye should give it a whirl.

RedNoodle
4th November 2020, 04:59 AM
Yeah, makes sense. He used to be a more or less reasonable guy from what I could tell back in the day.

I just can't take him seriously anymore when I have to question every word that comes out his mouth and double or triple check every logical connection he makes when explaining why he perceives something the way he does, as I'm afraid he's just pushing his own agenda.

A person should question everything and everyone, including themselves from time to time. Unfortunately agenda pushing is more prevalent than ever, especially in regards to those who have a big, perhaps the biggest influence on children. That is as concerning as anything else at the moment.

RedNoodle
4th November 2020, 05:01 AM
That graph is very funny imo, bernie is in the middle or neutral on the authoritarian scale !! and just left of centre economically.

I went to the site and read a little (a bit biased) and took the test (a bit lame)
Where would you place me on their map at a guess ? Where did you land ?

Noods/19 ye should give it a whirl.

I was thinking about having a go when Bali first posted about it. Knowing me I'll somehow manage to be placed in a group/point all on my own.

Nineteenx
4th November 2020, 05:02 AM
Looking too tight to call, either man or pig could pull it off by a whisker, likely to be 2 or 3 days before 2 or 3 close key states declare, the burst water pipe being one, very suspect imo

Kev0909
4th November 2020, 08:36 AM
Wow Trump fav to win know should of had a bet friend's was right

stevie harkness
4th November 2020, 08:40 AM
Someone in UK bet £1m on Biden lmfao

Balinkay
4th November 2020, 09:08 AM
A person should question everything and everyone, including themselves from time to time. Unfortunately agenda pushing is more prevalent than ever, especially in regards to those who have a big, perhaps the biggest influence on children. That is as concerning as anything else at the moment.

Yes, Noods, that's what my parents are telling me too. And they lived behind the Iron fucking Curtain!

Balinkay
4th November 2020, 09:13 AM
@CC

Puuh, tough one - not sure where you'd land. At a very vague guess: (+1; -4)? I don't quite remember where I was, but I think it was like (-3; -2) or something. So more a bit more libertarian and a bit more left than Bernie.

CCTV
4th November 2020, 11:58 AM
@CC

Puuh, tough one - not sure where you'd land. At a very vague guess: (+1; -4)? I don't quite remember where I was, but I think it was like (-3; -2) or something. So more a bit more libertarian and a bit more left than Bernie.

Well it is a guess :)
Economic -3.38 (to the left of bernie)
Auth/Libertarian -2.26 (libertarian)

Pretty much the same as you on the scale.

That plot you posted would imo be very interesting to see how they compiled it.
Bernie is practically a centrist and the Trump +9 points on the authoritarian spectrum is pretty wild imo, not so wild having read some of the writing on the us elections.

StevieH, Kev, 19, Noods ye should give it a whirl for the laugh.

CCTV
4th November 2020, 11:59 AM
Someone in UK bet £1m on Biden lmfao

Apparently a £5 million pound bet was placed on Trump in the UK iirc. With a stake plus return of about £15 mill.

Balinkay
4th November 2020, 12:00 PM
@CC

Ha, cool. Wouldn't have guessed.

CCTV
4th November 2020, 12:02 PM
Wow Trump fav to win know should of had a bet friend's was right

Yeah looks like he'll hold on for the win. Lots of speculation/conspiracy theories beginning already, can see this rolling on for an age in the courts.

RedNoodle
4th November 2020, 12:02 PM
Any of you two want to hazard a guess as to where I ended up?

CCTV
4th November 2020, 12:08 PM
@CC

Ha, cool. Wouldn't have guessed.

If I was guessing yours I'd have put you centrist on economics -1 to +1 and hard to call right/left, but I'd have put you as very libertarian in personality, maybe offset by real world views.
I'd have gone for a -5 to -6 for you on that front.

Still that politician plotting is pretty mad imo. Bernie the centrist :)

CCTV
4th November 2020, 12:10 PM

My suspicion might be more that you are pretty close to us, more left than libertarian, based on the results so far.

But I wonder if your tendency to have strong feelings/thoughts on matters makes you more authoritarian by their scale.

Balinkay
4th November 2020, 12:12 PM
Yeah, it's weird af.

Though I mean in American terms Bernie is as far left as they come, but in European - he's pretty centrist I'd say.

CCTV
4th November 2020, 12:13 PM
Yeah, it's weird af.

Though I mean in American terms Bernie is as far left as they come, but in European - he's pretty centrist I'd say.

Hes similar to Corbyn imo, I'd give him a -6 left, and a + 5or6 authoritarian.

Balinkay
4th November 2020, 12:30 PM
Think you're being a tad harsh on him, but the political compass is kind of bullshite anyway.

reddownunder
4th November 2020, 01:00 PM
It's quite funny how Trump demonises Biden and the democrats as far left communists when they are no where near the sort. Many Americans are so ingrained with fear and Trump obviously knows this and fuels those fears very effectively

Balinkay
4th November 2020, 01:08 PM
McCarthyism used to be basically this back in the day, no?

Balinkay
4th November 2020, 01:14 PM
Trump leads in Michingan by 0.8% with 89% reporting. At 87% the lead was 1.2%. If Biden pulls out Michigan and holds on in Nevada and Wisconsin, he'll be president! This will go down to the wire!

Think Pennsylvania and Georgia are gone already.

Balinkay
4th November 2020, 01:16 PM
The lead is down to 0.6 with still 89% reporting! Omg, what a turnaround that would be...

Balinkay
4th November 2020, 01:17 PM
It's 0.2% with 90% reporting!!!

CCTV
4th November 2020, 01:33 PM
Trump leads in Michingan by 0.8% with 89% reporting. At 87% the lead was 1.2%. If Biden pulls out Michigan and holds on in Nevada and Wisconsin, he'll be president! This will go down to the wire!

Think Pennsylvania and Georgia are gone already.

Who ever wins it will wrangle on for ages, it's been setup to be disputed.
The left have voter suppression and the right have voter fraud.

CCTV
4th November 2020, 01:33 PM
McCarthyism used to be basically this back in the day, no?

Yes the accusation of being in league with the Russians/Communists.

CCTV
4th November 2020, 01:36 PM
It's quite funny how Trump demonises Biden and the democrats as far left communists when they are no where near the sort. Many Americans are so ingrained with fear and Trump obviously knows this and fuels those fears very effectively

Kamala released a video about how equality is supposed to mean everyone gets the same amount.
But equity recognises we dont all start from the same place, so her equity would produce equality as she defines it - everybody has the same amount of stuff.

Add onto that the oppressor/oppressed mindset of identity politics and you can see the beginnings of an authoritarian equity based system. Where it is undoubted via identity politics some animals are more equal than others.

Now I dont believe Biden or Kamala would develop a communist regime. But if you're held on what you or your campaign states and in this instance you are getting called communist I think it's hard to argue against the label (even if its BS in reality)

Fears on both sides, but its stronger on the left imo. Remember Trump was a nuclear holocaust risk in league with Putin. I'm not sure how one squares those 2 away.

CCTV
4th November 2020, 01:38 PM

I've guessed, where did you get located?

Kev0909
4th November 2020, 01:39 PM
whoever takes charge will probably end up having a heart attack at trying to sort this mess out, never ends well when it's really close the country is as divided as the UK with brexit

Difference is americans haev guns and more people willing to stand up

Balinkay
4th November 2020, 01:44 PM

Oh, missed this. I guess... (0; -4) or something?

Balinkay
4th November 2020, 01:48 PM
It's kind of funny - I get the impression I'm viewed as the wide eyed pretty liberal kid on here but in different friend circles I'm often either demonised as exactly that - a naive far left kid, or as a far right internet incel. :D

Difficult to get an accurate gauge on people and discuss such topics with them, even if you know them well.

Balinkay
4th November 2020, 01:49 PM
whoever takes charge will probably end up having a heart attack at trying to sort this mess out, never ends well when it's really close the country is as divided as the UK with brexit

Difference is americans haev guns and more people willing to stand up

How would Trump ever be stressed enough for that? He'll continue spending most of his time golfing or up to his eyeballs in young pussy. :D

RedNoodle
4th November 2020, 02:22 PM
How would Trump ever be stressed enough for that? He'll continue spending most of his time golfing or up to his eyeballs in young pussy. :D

I'd be over the moon with either of those two things. Alas my body couldn't cope with just one of them, let alone both. Even a run down, public, cheap as chips 'sporting house' wouldn't let me have a hole or two. Golf clubs would also probably see me as a persona non grata as well. :(

RedNoodle
4th November 2020, 02:26 PM
My suspicion might be more that you are pretty close to us, more left than libertarian, based on the results so far.

But I wonder if your tendency to have strong feelings/thoughts on matters makes you more authoritarian by their scale.

Oh, missed this. I guess... (0; -4) or something?

I ended up in almost exactly the same position as Gandhi.

"An eye for an eye just means I won't be able to see the world tearing itself apart, never mind that I'll have one more ailment to add to my already extensive list".

CCTV
4th November 2020, 05:26 PM
I ended up in almost exactly the same position as Gandhi.

"An eye for an eye just means I won't be able to see the world tearing itself apart, never mind that I'll have one more ailment to add to my already extensive list".

What was your score, I've seen Ghandi on the graph with caricatures further left and down that where I saw him plotted as a dot.
Are you -6 (left) -6 (libertarian) ?

So relative to us Bernie Sanders is a centrist authoritarian on the way to Hitler, Clinton or Trump :D

RedNoodle
4th November 2020, 07:03 PM
What was your score, I've seen Ghandi on the graph with caricatures further left and down that where I saw him plotted as a dot.
Are you -6 (left) -6 (libertarian) ?

So relative to us Bernie Sanders is a centrist authoritarian on the way to Hitler, Clinton or Trump :D

I'm not sure what my score was. I don't recall actually seeing one. I just know that I was virtually occupying the exact same position as Gandhi.

CCTV
4th November 2020, 07:12 PM
I'm not sure what my score was. I don't recall actually seeing one. I just know that I was virtually occupying the exact same position as Gandhi.

Fair enough, very left and libertarian so. Wonder if anyone on here can get a score outside the green box and become as centrist as Bernie Sanders :D

RedNoodle
4th November 2020, 07:31 PM
Fair enough, very left and libertarian so. Wonder if anyone on here can get a score outside the green box and become as centrist as Bernie Sanders :D

Is there a prize for doing so?

reddownunder
4th November 2020, 09:40 PM
Wisconsin has been called for Biden and Michigan looking like it will go that way too. If he takes Nevada then he wins.

Feck me, I didn't see this coming yesterday

Nineteenx
4th November 2020, 09:44 PM
Wisconsin has been called for Biden and Michigan looking like it will go that way too. If he takes Nevada then he wins.

Feck me, I didn't see this coming yesterday

Yeeeeeaaaaaaaaaah I cannot fucking stand Trump, I said yesterday he is like a spoilt rotten child never told no in a man's body, not at all disimilar to Johnson and that made him very dangerous, and then he proved it in his reaction to looking likely to lose

Not sure why they're banging on about going to the Supreme Court for a recount in 2 or 3 states, as I understand it, they can only get a recount if the winning margin according to the count is less than 2,000 votes

Balinkay
4th November 2020, 09:45 PM
With 99% reporting in Michigan Biden's got a 0.6% lead. He should hold. After that he just needs one state. This might be one of the closest elections ever! Imagine a 270-268.

CCTV
4th November 2020, 10:37 PM
Is there a prize for doing so?

We'd have a more politically diverse forum

Kev0909
6th November 2020, 03:05 PM
Rather interesting Biden is going to win from votes afar, trump would win if it wasn't for that.

Original count it was looking good for trump then the votes from afar started, and biden has took over

Whoever it is, it won't be a long term thing and in my eyes both don't need it in there time of life, 4 years of hell probably

Good luck Biden

Nineteenx
6th November 2020, 06:10 PM
Looks like Biden, good, Trump's a very dangerous spoilt child iwith too much of Daddy's money n a man's body. If you saw Pelosi's speech and the sabotage directives he's putting in place before he's out, that are bordering on the genocide of his own people and further trashing the US economy, because poor little spoilt brat isn't getting his own way on top of his total lack of respect for democracy and continued attempts to incite mass civil unrest, everybody must surely see that now.

I wanted him out as he is trying to manufacture trade wars worldwide and especially against Europe with Johnson his willing accomplice and that is incredibly dangerous for all of us

stevie harkness
6th November 2020, 07:34 PM
It looks like Biden. Or civil war. I'd love to know what Boris is thinking now since Biden slagged him off before.

Kev0909
6th November 2020, 07:50 PM
It looks like Biden. Or civil war. I'd love to know what Boris is thinking now since Biden slagged him off before.

It's funny everyone seems to want Biden to win here, yet it would probably benefit us more if trump Won. biden's not the biggest fan of boris/uk I believe... could be wrong

Eitherway i couldn't really care less

Steveo
6th November 2020, 08:06 PM
Trump is totally off the wall as a President - a loud mouth - seems unhinged at times and has said so many ridiculous things it is untrue - he represents absolutely the diametric opposite to everything I believe in BUT - has been a benign US leader for the rest of the planet. Could have got into full scale war with Iran but showed a very commendable peaceful approach. Got no credit for it naturally. Ditto North Korea..

Biden is clearly a political professional BUT looks like a hawk to me. Bet you anything military intervention will follow in short order.

Seems a US President has to blow people up - usually for “humanitarian” reasons... Ahem.

Let’s just hope Biden doesn’t just give the military a free reign to go and blitz people’s homes and communities. Harris seems like a Progressive and will likely end up as Leader in time as Biden seems a little “forgetful.”

Whatever the final result the nation is split down the middle: this - despite the largest media campaign in history doing everything it can to destroy the Donald.

The narrative is that ONLY redneck Americans vote for Trump - this is clearly bollox.

In the end - I just hope for a peaceful transition and that the polarisation subsides.

ianlfc
6th November 2020, 08:21 PM
Has any president died will in office. Apart from JFK obviously. Biden is 78 the job could finish him !!

Nineteenx
6th November 2020, 08:46 PM
Trump was incredibly dangerous, most major world wars and conflicts all stemmed from trade wars or the incredibly wealthy who own and wish to control the world market price of natural resources using their wealth and influence to have politicians and media create false reasons for armed conflict with other nations to steal their natural resources to be better able to control the market

If you don't think an America first President creating trade wars worldwide is an incredibly dangerous thing, you don't understand how these things work and escalate

Nineteenx
6th November 2020, 09:19 PM
It's funny everyone seems to want Biden to win here, yet it would probably benefit us more if trump Won. biden's not the biggest fan of boris/uk I believe... could be wrong

Eitherway i couldn't really care less

All of the most dangerous leaders in world history have been one nation my country first damn the consequences and all other nations egotistical maniacs, Hitler was exactly that and Trump's no different

He encouraged and nutured Johnson to split from the EU and on bad terms without a deal or working relationship, what sort of USAmerica first trade deal does anyone think he'd have got from Trump? One that was a unmitigated disaster for the UK but made millions for the 3% with massive funds to invest in the shares of US big pharma, tech and agriculture

People need to stop and think, UK farming and agriculture, like the US is struggling, it's struggling because of 40 years of the inflation register being fiddled to have everyone working for less, so higher dividends and returns for the 3% which has caused supermarkets, also owned by the 3% to drive increasingly harder bargains with farmers for their produce.

If we go to wto tariffs it is going to absolutely devestate UK farming as Europe is their market and there are numerous European nations who can invest in filling the void, while at the same time as losing its EU market UK farmers would be priced out of the UK market by cheap mass imports of US chlorinated chicken and gm beef

Then there is the privatisation of the NHS and a subsequent massive hike in drug prices, the negotiated price for US drugs supplied to the UK having set the price for the rest of the EU for decades

Johnson was knowingly and willingly advocating and supporting pursuing a US trade deal as part of Trump's desired trade war on Europe to hugely hike all drug prices and make them drastically lower food and environmental standards and cause the kind of gross inequality throughout Europe there is in the US and UK

CCTV
6th November 2020, 10:53 PM

Civil war is unlikely imo, so few would want it, but revolutions can be started by small amounts of the population.

As chomsky has said before, the left's pushing for or willing political violence I'd a very bad idea.

Steveo
6th November 2020, 11:08 PM
This is what secures a second term...

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/sep/10/silent-military-coup-took-over-washington

Balinkay
6th November 2020, 11:09 PM
Has any president died will in office. Apart from JFK obviously. Biden is 78 the job could finish him !!

I think there's been eight. FDR springs to mind. A few died in the 18th century iirc and the one whose VP was Teddy Roosevelt.

CCTV
6th November 2020, 11:54 PM
This is what secures a second term...

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/sep/10/silent-military-coup-took-over-washington

Could say a lot more, probably will when I can.

But hes the first us president not to start or inflame a war since the last 1 term president Carter iirc.

CCTV
6th November 2020, 11:55 PM
I think there's been eight. FDR springs to mind. A few died in the 18th century iirc and the one whose VP was Teddy Roosevelt.

Honest Abe

reddownunder
7th November 2020, 12:50 AM

But hes the first us president not to start or inflame a war since the last 1 term president Carter iirc.

Give him a few weeks. He could start a civil war 😎

Balinkay
7th November 2020, 12:54 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RohHZbQ5po&ab_channel=GothicCompany

Can't help but think of ^ when someone mentions Civil War.

Steveo
7th November 2020, 10:56 AM

Good point CC.. I was going to use Carter too but assumed most wouldn’t have even remembered him.

Thoroughly decent fella - absolutely nothing like Trump of course - but both avoided war and military confrontation and both only the 1 term.

stevie harkness
7th November 2020, 12:12 PM
I was just a kid when Carter was president but I know he tried to avoid conflict.

Before conspiracy theories became trendy I used to know an ex-military man who believed that the ill-fated Iranian hostage rescue in 1980 was sabotaged from within to make Carter look bad so he wouldn't get re-elected that year.

Steveo
7th November 2020, 01:35 PM
Very possible Stevie..

He was a good honest man was Carter but bad for business.

In truth how many successful prime ministers/presidents are honest and decent..? Not many - that’s the way of this bastard world.

ianlfc
7th November 2020, 06:49 PM
Taxi for Trump !!

stevie harkness
7th November 2020, 07:42 PM
Golf cart more like!

fagin
7th November 2020, 08:47 PM
Although winning by a small margin Biden will find it difficult as President when over 70.000.000 people voted for Trump splitting the country right down the middle still alot of votes to count.
Just like the Democrat governors blocked Trump at any chance this will now happen to Biden from the Republican senators
It will also be difficult with the Senate looking like it will remain Republican
Trump gained alot of support from black and hispanic votes and no matter who won it was going to be a difficult
situation when 50.5 voted Biden 47.7 voted Trump after a record turnout.
This could be an interesting situation for the next 4 years.

fagin
8th November 2020, 02:22 AM
I mistakenly wrote Republican senators instead of governors in my last post.....duh !

Also just my opinion but when the Voters see what Biden/Harris brings....Trump if he chooses to stand again in 4 years will walk into the White House with a landslide victory.

stevie harkness
8th November 2020, 08:00 AM
I'm not sure what Biden brings. At first he seemed interesting, calling voters fat, you're a damn liar, you're full of shit, don't be a horse's ass etc, but then they reeled him in and played safe and he just ground out a one nil win.

fagin
8th November 2020, 09:32 AM
I'm seeing the top of his agenda is to re-join the Paris accord (pathetic waste of major money)and leaning towards climate change agenda.
This may appeal to the sheep who believe it is possible to change natural phenomena that has nothing to do with mankind but to anyone who has a brain totally futile.
This isn't to say we can't continue to clean up after ourselves but again anyone thinking it will change any future changes occurring through this natural phenomenon need to get a grip with reality.

stevie harkness
8th November 2020, 09:12 PM
We need to do more than clean up after ourselves but politicians aren't going to come up with the solution, unless there's money to be made...

Balinkay
8th November 2020, 09:20 PM
Or votes to be won.

Who's the public more likely to vote for - someone who promises to save the world for their grandkids, or someone who'll lower their taxes by 0.001%?

stevie harkness
8th November 2020, 09:25 PM
I honestly don't know Bali, I suppose the correct answer should be saving the world but you'd be surprised.

Votes, money, oil, cabbages, it's all about power in the end.

fagin
8th November 2020, 09:29 PM
Or votes to be won.

Who's the public more likely to vote for - someone who promises to save the world for their grandkids, or someone who'll lower their taxes by 0.001%?

Unfortunately no-one can promise what is not in their power to do

Balinkay
8th November 2020, 09:29 PM
I don't know if it's the correct answer, stevie.

Hard to care about anything else if you're not sure what's going to be in your fridge tomorrow morning. Or if you'll have a fridge...

Balinkay
8th November 2020, 09:30 PM
Unfortunately no-one can promise what is not in their power to do

I strongly idsagree, but let's not get into this, fagin. You do you, I'll do me. I don't know enough about this subject.

fagin
8th November 2020, 09:39 PM
In terms of clean air attempts by means of Electric vehicles which each country that produces them are so busy patting themselves on their backs they forgot one of the most important aspects of this.
Technically they are producing more harm than good......Tell me what are they going to do with the thousands upon thousands of Huge Battery Packs as they begin to fail.........Dump them in the Oceans maybe or bury them underground (sarcasm)
No-one and i mean no-one has figured this out yet.....as said too busy patting themselves on their backs...lol !

fagin
8th November 2020, 09:45 PM
I strongly idsagree, but let's not get into this, fagin. You do you, I'll do me. I don't know enough about this subject.

I'm not arguing with you mate i've been around alot longer than you and studied this not just in the last few years.We can't change what's happening we are still in the throws of the last ice age so the earth is guaranteed to be warming slightly and unfortunately for mankind this will continue until the start of the next ice age...which none of us will be around to see neither will our kids or grand kids

Balinkay
8th November 2020, 10:17 PM
Like I said - you do you, mate.

fagin
9th November 2020, 12:41 AM

I have no problem with that ........even though thats NOT how a forum works mate

You could always put me on ignore i guess

CCTV
9th November 2020, 11:41 AM

You are rather haughty these days :D

Balinkay
9th November 2020, 11:43 AM
@fagin

Why would I do that? I like reading your posts! What I meant was that I'm not looking to really debate the topic, as I don't feel particularly confident on my knowledge on the subject and am not entirely sure how well such a discussion can take place on a forum.

Would love to read why you hold the views you hold or any cool layman-friendly materials you might share though!

Balinkay
9th November 2020, 11:45 AM
@CC

I had to google what that word means. :D Appearing that way wasn't my intention.

Fagin replied to one of my comments (which sort of implied my opinion on the topic). Then I just made that explicit and wanted to express I have no interest in diving into a deep argument about this, as in my experience it's a rather tough subject, on which to have a fun and educational discussion.

CCTV
9th November 2020, 11:56 AM
@CC

I had to google what that word means. :D Appearing that way wasn't my intention.

Fagin replied to one of my comments (which sort of implied my opinion on the topic). Then I just made that explicit and wanted to express I have no interest in diving into a deep argument about this, as in my experience it's a rather tough subject, on which to have a fun and educational discussion.

Glad to expand your vocabulary :)

CCTV
9th November 2020, 11:58 AM
Hope your auld pair are doing alright too

Balinkay
9th November 2020, 12:11 PM
Hope your auld pair are doing alright too

Thanks, mate - looks like for my mum it's basically a bad flu (but maybe not even the worst she's had).

For my dad it's mostly pretty serious headaches and just generally having no energy and feeling ill. But he's handling it. Honestly, it's the best you can hope for. I was really worried for a while. Still am to some degree tbf, as the disease might flare up, but a bit less so than say a week ago.

CCTV
9th November 2020, 10:01 PM
Good to hear Bali

Balinkay
9th November 2020, 10:08 PM
Cheers, CC.

CCTV
9th November 2020, 10:27 PM
A little history recap

https://www.history.com/news/2000-election-bush-gore-votes-supreme-court

This election seems more open to charges of corruption/error.

Balinkay
9th November 2020, 10:41 PM
“The court divided along ideological lines with the conservatives backing Bush, the more conservative candidate, and the liberals backing Gore, the more liberal candidate,” Hasen says. “The case presented difficult questions about court intervention in a process that both sides thought was infected with politics from the opposing side.”

Ufff.... ugly stuff.

CCTV
9th November 2020, 10:58 PM
Ufff.... ugly stuff.

This election process has far more irregularities and dubiousness.

stevie harkness
10th November 2020, 12:36 AM
A little history recap

https://www.history.com/news/2000-election-bush-gore-votes-supreme-court

This election seems more open to charges of corruption/error.

Yes, interesting that Bush of all people piped up to congratulate Biden and coax Trump to climb down.

CCTV
10th November 2020, 02:56 AM
Yes, interesting that Bush of all people piped up to congratulate Biden and coax Trump to climb down.

Not really surprising. They are the never trumper branch of the republican party now.

CCTV
10th November 2020, 02:56 AM
Like the lincoln project

Nineteenx
10th November 2020, 03:30 AM
It seems like the entire world, other than Trump and his supporters are ecstatic he lost

stevie harkness
10th November 2020, 07:36 AM
Like the lincoln project

Didn't know about that. Just thought it was ironic, him of all people after getting reelected the way he did.

But then Trump doesn't belong to that club

stevie harkness
10th November 2020, 07:44 AM
It seems like the entire world, other than Trump and his supporters are ecstatic he lost

Yeah the entire world other than Russia, China, Brazil, Mexico, Turkey and other countries that haven't yet acknowledged Biden.

Balinkay
10th November 2020, 08:11 AM
This election process has far more irregularities and dubiousness.

Hadn't heard! Honestly after "Russia"-gate I thought people would be more careful... Could you share a few sources?

ianlfc
10th November 2020, 02:20 PM
Hadn't heard! Honestly after "Russia"-gate I thought people would be more careful... Could you share a few sources?

Its 2020 mate. Nobody believes anything , there's no such thing as truth anymore.

Steveo
10th November 2020, 04:59 PM
Yeah the entire world other than Russia, China, Brazil, Mexico, Turkey and other countries that haven't yet acknowledged Biden.

Surely Israel... Netanyahu in particular..

But there will also be people fretting all over the near and middle east. Biden = NATO = huge increase in likelihood for military interventions/escapades - regime change etc. Expect violence in Ukraine.. There will be blood.

Watch this space.

So despite the euphoria there is potential for as much bad as good to come from this. The Dems are every bit as bad as the Republicans - just in a different way. They will do no more for black Americans than mr O did. Very much doubt they have any interest in halting the growing wealth divide or the rampant inequality of the richest nation on earth.

Hopefully Biden will ensure Obamacare can be implemented - that at least would help millions of desperate Americans. But I reserve judgement. I remember being over the moon when Blair got into office... I was ecstatic... Felt the way so many seem to feel about Biden's win. BUT we got Tony FUCKING Blair!!!! New Labour - wars to keep Clinton in office and Lewinsky off the front page - then wars to help Bush and project a megalomanic onto the world stage..

I guess I just have low expectations but live in hope.

Nineteenx
10th November 2020, 05:26 PM
For my own personal point of view i loather our 'society' as it was and Trumpism and mini me Johnson's adoptation of it and all the cult like followers of both made that even worse.

The media in the US is far less single narrative and isn't predominantly controlled or has huge vested interests in either party

When i watched interviews with Trump supporters it was so apparent the US media supportive of Trump had filled their heads with the same garbage our single narrative media did here

"Biden wants to open our borders to everyone and give them all free healthcare" Sound familiar?

"He wants to raise all our taxes" again

"They're radical left wing" Again

Now with a single narrative media constantly repeating that on loop, or allowing Trump's administration to without correcting it or debunking it, Trump would have undoubtedly won

Nineteenx
10th November 2020, 06:05 PM
I also disagree with the middle east comments, that interference came from Democrat and Republican Presidents, it's been going on for decades and it was always only about oil and it intensified when the middle east regions reserves were by far the greatest.

Indeed in Trumps conflict with ISIS there was a battle for some region or other that after winning he said "We've secured the oil, we've secured the oil"

Regardless of which side the US President bats for, they will always manufacture conflict to protect their financial interests, which include stimulating arms sales as they make so much revenue from them

All policy in the US and UK is geared around making money for the 3% in the UK when any Gov does anything in the housing market in the guise of helping first time buyers, what they're actually doing is trying to stimulate the market so the value of the 'portfolios' of those with huge portfolios continues to increase

CCTV
10th November 2020, 09:12 PM

I am not part of either sides legal teams and did not partake in taking sworn testimony :)

CCTV
10th November 2020, 09:13 PM
Its 2020 mate. Nobody believes anything , there's no such thing as truth anymore.

Ironically True :)

reddownunder
11th November 2020, 12:37 PM

Ah yes Russia, China, Turkey. Those great beacons of democracy. I don't think you can take the views of dictators like Putin, Xi Jinping and Erdogan as being indicative of their respective populations

stevie harkness
11th November 2020, 01:09 PM
Ah yes Russia, China, Turkey. Those great beacons of democracy. I don't think you can take the views of dictators like Putin, Xi Jinping and Erdogan as being indicative of their respective populations

Fair point, which can be made about plenty of so-called free countries. When does a leader truly represent the people?

Meanwhile those dictators are laughing at the USA, that beacon of democrazy, as it struggles to show the world how to do an election properly.

Nineteenx
11th November 2020, 05:23 PM
Fair point, which can be made about plenty of so-called free countries. When does a leader truly represent the people?

Meanwhile those dictators are laughing at the USA, that beacon of democrazy, as it struggles to show the world how to do an election properly.

It did an election properly, they just have a dangerous spoilt rotten, bankrolled by Daddy, never told no child as their current President who won't accept he lost

It's not like the UK which is wide open to postal ballot electoral fraud which the Tories did on a massive scale at our last GE, the US system is more refined, they have software that checks people haven't voted twice and scanners that even checks signatures of voters match to ones they've had to provide in advance

stevie harkness
11th November 2020, 05:39 PM
It doesn't look very proper. The results aren't in yet. Georgia are recounting by hand, not by fancy software.

If this was any other oil rich country trying to have an election amid claims of cheating and skulduggery then the USA would invade and force them into democrazy.

stevie harkness
11th November 2020, 05:52 PM
The reason Trump won't accept that he lost may be because he's spoilt rotten never told no as a child..., or he truly believes he won... or because he is said to be in debt to the tune of $1billion dollars and the longer he holds out and stalls for time the more money he can raise from his 70 million loyal voters who are still sending donations and clinging to the faint hope of him securing a second term.

Whatever the truth it doesn't look like a very good advert for democracy to show the rest of the world.

scientificred
11th November 2020, 09:41 PM
Ironically True :)

Very good CCTV!

scientificred
11th November 2020, 09:50 PM

Franklin D Roosevelt died in office in his 4th term and shortly before end of WWIi but there have been quite a few others

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_presidents_of_the_United_States_who_died_i n_office

scientificred
11th November 2020, 09:54 PM
In terms of clean air attempts by means of Electric vehicles which each country that produces them are so busy patting themselves on their backs they forgot one of the most important aspects of this.
Technically they are producing more harm than good......Tell me what are they going to do with the thousands upon thousands of Huge Battery Packs as they begin to fail.........Dump them in the Oceans maybe or bury them underground (sarcasm)
No-one and i mean no-one has figured this out yet.....as said too busy patting themselves on their backs...lol !

I would like to think that in common with most new products, recycling or reuse of the materials used is a key design feature and probably compulsory.

Steveo
11th November 2020, 10:10 PM
Not even in the hot seat but already marginalising any chance of progressive politics.

Yep it will be business as usual.

Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders to be frozen out of Biden cabinet

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election-2020/bernie-sanders-elizabeth-warren-biden-cabinet-b1721241.html

Not that it is any better here. Look at what Sir Keir Starmer is doing. New Labour Mark 2.

fagin
11th November 2020, 11:44 PM
I would like to think that in common with most new products, recycling or reuse of the materials used is a key design feature and probably compulsory.

Hi i would like to add a link if you or someone could tell me how.....thanks

CCTV
12th November 2020, 12:43 AM
Hi i would like to add a link if you or someone could tell me how.....thanks

A link to what exactly ?

Steveo or Bali could be your men.

fagin
12th November 2020, 09:19 AM
A link to what exactly ?

Steveo or Bali could be your men.

Hey i read an article in relation to what i was saying re: car battery pack recycling or not and i don't know how to include it in a post

justincredible
12th November 2020, 09:54 AM
Hey i read an article in relation to what i was saying re: car battery pack recycling or not and i don't know how to include it in a post

You should memorise it and type it all out.

Balinkay
12th November 2020, 01:12 PM

I guess you can just paste the URL from your browser. It should automatically be recognised as a link.

Nineteenx
17th November 2020, 12:15 AM
Another terrific speech from Biden today, Joe's knocking them out of the park

stevie harkness
17th November 2020, 11:58 AM
Knocking them out like rohypnol.

reddownunder
20th November 2020, 09:27 AM
Does anyone else get the feeling that Trump will literally need to be dragged kicking and screaming out of the white house?

scientificred
20th November 2020, 08:56 PM
Does anyone else get the feeling that Trump will literally need to be dragged kicking and screaming out of the white house?

Me too.
For someone who uses 'loser!' as a major insult he must especially hate losing to a 77 year old.
Perhaps he will leave something in the pan for Joe.
Hope he doesn't do anything crazy before he gets kicked out.

stevie harkness
21st November 2020, 09:06 AM
I can't see Trump accepting defeat and happily attending the Inauguration of Joe Biden.

They are hoping a covid vaccine will be ready by then so the crowds can be bigger than Trump's in 2016.

Unless the plan is for Biden to get the covid so Kamala can step in...

Kev0909
30th November 2020, 12:08 PM
Joe Biden has fractured his foot...... playing with his dog

Honestly how long is he gonna last with the pressures of the job and at 78?

He's got nothing to lose I suppose, fuck up? oh well he'll be gone soon

stevie harkness
1st December 2020, 12:21 AM
Rumours that Biden hasn't broken his foot but he's turned himself in to the law and the boot is to hide his security tag.

Chinese whistleblower Mr Lude says Biden made a plea bargain with Mitch McConnell so he can admit Trump won the election in return for a pardon.

Kinell it's a mad world. Totally off its tits. LMFAO

vin
3rd December 2020, 01:59 PM
Rumours that Biden hasn't broken his foot but he's turned himself in to the law and the boot is to hide his security tag.

Chinese whistleblower Mr Lude says Biden made a plea bargain with Mitch McConnell so he can admit Trump won the election in return for a pardon.

Kinell it's a mad world. Totally off its tits. LMFAO

These theories that tend to stem from the weirdo sect on the right are just nuts.

Anything that you say that picks holes in their arguments are met with "that's what the MSM tells you"

Now that it's all starting to unravel a bit, the people behind it have started appealing to religious zealots in that group. Messaging is around "it being biblical", "gods plan" etc and unsubstantiated bullshit like "work has been done, the hammer is about to fall"

It's text book cult "shaping"

Even their logic based arguments fail. Trump got more votes than any other President running for a 2nd term! Yes, he has - but that's because more people voted. Biden got 6 million more. They also forget that Trump lost the "popular vote" in 2016

Stupid fucking cunts the lot of them

Balinkay
3rd December 2020, 02:30 PM
You use the word "logic" quite liberally there vin! :D

vin
3rd December 2020, 02:39 PM
You use the word "logic" quite liberally there vin! :D

Logic can be flawed. See my posts about goal line tech

stevie harkness
15th December 2020, 08:57 AM
Well it looks like Biden won after all. His victory has been confirmed by the US electoral college. Phew

Balinkay
15th December 2020, 09:13 AM
Quelle surprise...

reddownunder
15th December 2020, 10:38 AM
Something that the whole world already know exempt Trump and his zealots

stevie harkness
15th December 2020, 11:42 AM
Biden isn't president yet but the bookies have him as favourite to win 2024 lmfao

Rumours of Trump giving a pardon to Julian Assange have been dashed.

Crazy world.

Balinkay
15th December 2020, 01:07 PM
Tbf the sitting president is usually the favourite. As there are no other confirmed candidates, who would be the favourite if not him?

Kev0909
15th December 2020, 01:31 PM
Biden isn't president yet but the bookies have him as favourite to win 2024 lmfao

Rumours of Trump giving a pardon to Julian Assange have been dashed.

Crazy world.

probably won't last till 2024 rofl

stevie harkness
15th December 2020, 03:09 PM
Tbf the sitting president is usually the favourite. As there are no other confirmed candidates, who would be the favourite if not him?

Well like Kev says somebody who might actually still be alive in 2024.

I still maintain that Biden is just a vehicle for Harris to take over.

redebreck
15th December 2020, 03:16 PM
Wonder who Green Day had in mind when they wrote "American Idiot"?

CCTV
15th December 2020, 04:33 PM
Well like Kev says somebody who might actually still be alive in 2024.

I still maintain that Biden is just a vehicle for Harris to take over.

Early on the wall street cash was behind Harris, she couldnt get much support and so after running a consecutive corrupt primary election the DNC picked Biden.

He picked her after she accused him of being racist and believing the woman who credibly accused him of raping her.... as you do

stevie harkness
15th December 2020, 05:22 PM
Well they do say you should keep your friends close and your enemies closer...

CCTV
15th December 2020, 07:32 PM
Well they do say you should keep your friends close and your enemies closer...

An interesting take :D

Hook, line and sinker ;)

RedNoodle
15th December 2020, 07:46 PM
More like somebody not sound of mind already making very strange/worrying decisions. If Americans already thought they were ****ed, they ain't seen nothing yet.

Good luck guys!!! :rolleyes:

stevie harkness
15th December 2020, 07:48 PM
Don't follow you CCTV...

I'm not convinced by Biden, I'm not convinced he'll last four years, I'm not even convinced he'll be President after Trump leaves next month.

Balinkay
15th December 2020, 07:55 PM
Don't follow you CCTV...

I'm not convinced by Biden, I'm not convinced he'll last four years, I'm not even convinced he'll be President after Trump leaves next month.

What do you think is going to happen??

stevie harkness
16th December 2020, 08:09 AM
I don't know Bali, but if 2020 taught us anything it's not to rely on things going according to plan, lots of things could happen.

Balinkay
16th December 2020, 08:33 AM
That's painfully vague and fatalistic. :D But I can't say I don't see your point! :D Let's see what happens.

stevie harkness
16th December 2020, 08:51 AM
That's painfully vague and fatalistic. :D But I can't say I don't see your point! :D Let's see what happens.

I feel your pain Bali but it's just a vague feeling I've had since the election.

It may just be me reacting to the media's habit of jumping the gun before the fact.

redebreck
16th December 2020, 03:22 PM
Trump's been attempting to overturn the result, so flick knows what's going to happen before Biden is due to move in to the Shite House.

stevie harkness
16th December 2020, 05:29 PM
Unless Trump uses the vaccine roll out as an excuse to deploy military across the country and stage a coup he'll just settle for rushing through things like executions and pardons, and then snub the inauguration and stage a big Maga rally the same day that'll have a better turn out than the new president's socially distanced affair so there.

scientificred
23rd December 2020, 06:33 PM
Trump to declare the new 'Trump peoples States of America' occupying the southern states like pre civil war years.

stevie harkness
6th January 2021, 07:30 PM
Rumours that the FBI are waiting to charge Trump with all sorts of federal crimes so he's going to resign and then the new President Pence can issue him with a pardon. Lmfao

Balinkay
6th January 2021, 07:39 PM
Didn't Donaldo already pardon just about every dirty crony who ever lived?

Kev0909
6th January 2021, 09:01 PM
All kicking off in america

I just had to evacuate my office because of a pipe bomb reported outside. Supporters of the President are trying to force their way into the Capitol and I can hear what sounds like multiple gunshots. (1/2)

@ the place where they confirm the result or w/e "capitol building"

Kev0909
6th January 2021, 09:14 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ErEsMSaXMAUkVur?format=jpg&name=large

19x when fabinho leaves or gets injured

stevie harkness
6th January 2021, 11:31 PM

Yeah, except for the Bidens lol.

Crazy scenes in Washington

Balinkay
7th January 2021, 12:26 PM
"Nah, Trump's deranged rambling won't incite any violence! People know better. It's just metaphorical!"

Yeah, sure.

CCTV
7th January 2021, 07:46 PM

Where did you pick up this opinion/perception ?

CCTV
7th January 2021, 07:53 PM
"Nah, Trump's deranged rambling won't incite any violence! People know better. It's just metaphorical!"

Yeah, sure.

Care to substantiate how and place it in the context of the goings on stateside ?

It's not a wild claim to hold but it would be wild imo to think it's novel.

CCTV
7th January 2021, 08:03 PM
Don't follow you CCTV...

I meant the hook, line and sinker part in relation to how easily it was brushed over and covered for.
Apparently believing his accuser re rape etc was just debating. It was a debate.

CCTV
7th January 2021, 08:11 PM

President - Term - Pardons -Commutations - Other - Total Clemency

Donald Trump 2017-Present 25 10 0 35
Barack Obama 2009-2017 212 1,715 0 1,927
George W. Bush 2001-2009 189 11 0 200
Bill Clinton 1993-2001 369 61 2 459
George H.W Bush 1989-1993 74 3 0 77
Ronald Reagan 1981-1989 393 13 0 406
Jimmy Carter 1977-1981 534 29 3 566
Gerald Ford 1975-1977 382 22 5 409
Richard Nixon 1969-1975 863 60 3 926
Lyndon B. Johnson 1963-1969 960 226 1 1,187
John F. Kennedy 1961-1963 472 100 3 575
Dwight Eisenhower 1953-1961 1,110 47 0 1,157
Harry Truman 1945-1953 1,913 118 13 2,044

https://checkyourfact.com/2020/02/21/fact-check-barack-obama-donald-trump-pardons

As of Dec. 24 (2020), President Trump has issued clemency in the form of pardons or commutations to more than 90 people....

https://news.yahoo.com/the-complete-list-of-donald-trumps-pardons-and-commutations-183713910.html

My 2 mins of searching, I hope he has a few more pardons to grant!

ianlfc
8th January 2021, 10:57 AM
5 people now have died from that minor scuffle yesterday. And a white female former air force Vet as well. Will the knee be taken at the weekend for her ?

Balinkay
8th January 2021, 12:15 PM
Care to substantiate how and place it in the context of the goings on stateside ?

It's not a wild claim to hold but it would be wild imo to think it's novel.

No, not really. Also I don't remember claiming it was novel.

Balinkay
8th January 2021, 12:31 PM
Re: pardons - I'd have to look deeper but at a glance it looks like a number of the pardoned by Trump are either connected to him personally in some way or are convicted of pretty despicable stuff like war crimes in Iraq.

I don't particularly care about the comparison to Yobamos (google it :D).

But like I said - you're not a person I enjoy talking to about anything more complex than whether or not we won a game. Our conversation styles and base axioms don't align particularly well.

CCTV
8th January 2021, 02:06 PM
No, not really. Also I don't remember claiming it was novel.

That's a pity, could have got your argument into a concise and clear form.
That's because you didn't Bali, that was me posting.

CCTV
8th January 2021, 02:10 PM
Re: pardons - I'd have to look deeper but at a glance it looks like a number of the pardoned by Trump are either connected to him personally in some way or are convicted of pretty despicable stuff like war crimes in Iraq.

I don't particularly care about the comparison to Yobamos (google it :D).

But like I said - you're not a person I enjoy talking to about anything more complex than whether or not we won a game. Our conversation styles and base axioms don't align particularly well.

Not the first time you've given this reply when asked to flesh out your claims and provide anything beyond a surface level claim. Duly noted kid.

ianlfc
8th January 2021, 02:26 PM
Duly noted kid.

You rascal 😂😂

Balinkay
8th January 2021, 02:36 PM
Don't get me wrong CC - it's not a knock on you - I like you a lot and genuinely think you make the forum a better place. I'm sure you're a fun enough guy to talk to irl, but I do believe we're so far apart in so many ways that it's practically impossible to have an enjoyable conversation both of us would find to be "in good faith" on an online forum. We've tried this before and I've certainly learned a lot from the videos and sources you've posted on topics such as global warming and inequality. But it's just not particularly fun.

I'm not interested enough or sure enough of my view in/on the topic to research the background of every single person Trump has pardoned but the list you sent looks pretty suspicious. And of course even if I do do my research, you'd dispute every single letter of every single word I wrote beyond what I could consider a reasonable threshold of understandability - which isn't a bad thing - just incredibly tedious. E.g. if I were to say that the Blackwater dudes are war criminals, you'd dispute that and we'd have to basically go over the entire gigantic court case. That would, of course, basically mean we'd each have to take a semester or two of law to understand what's going on there. And we still wouldn't agree in the end. I'm the type of person who considers any argument that does not end in agreement to more or less be a failure - reaching an agreement with you on a topic like this is not within the realms of possibility.

Not to mention the fact that you're simply much better at this than I am. :D

Now irl a conversation with you over a b̶e̶e̶r̶ fruit juice or twelve might be a different story :very_drunk: but it looks like none of us will get that chance anytime soon. Gramps. :D

CCTV
8th January 2021, 03:38 PM
Don't get me wrong CC - it's not a knock on you - I like you a lot and genuinely think you make the forum a better place. I'm sure you're a fun enough guy to talk to irl, but I do believe we're so far apart in so many ways that it's practically impossible to have an enjoyable conversation both of us would find to be "in good faith" on an online forum. We've tried this before and I've certainly learned a lot from the videos and sources you've posted on topics such as global warming and inequality. But it's just not particularly fun.

I'm not interested enough or sure enough of my view in/on the topic to research the background of every single person Trump has pardoned but the list you sent looks pretty suspicious. And of course even if I do do my research, you'd dispute every single letter of every single word I wrote beyond what I could consider a reasonable threshold of understandability - which isn't a bad thing - just incredibly tedious. E.g. if I were to say that the Blackwater dudes are war criminals, you'd dispute that and we'd have to basically go over the entire gigantic court case. That would, of course, basically mean we'd each have to take a semester or two of law to understand what's going on there. And we still wouldn't agree in the end. I'm the type of person who considers any argument that does not end in agreement to more or less be a failure - reaching an agreement with you on a topic like this is not within the realms of possibility.

Not to mention the fact that you're simply much better at this than I am. :D

Now irl a conversation with you over a b̶e̶e̶r̶ fruit juice or twelve might be a different story :very_drunk: but it looks like none of us will get that chance anytime soon. Gramps. :D

There are 2 basic claims to flesh out.

1) Trumps incitement of violence which I've stated is not a wild claim. I just asked you how you would substantiate that claim. I raised the issue of novel as that would be important in applying a not just trump filter.

I'd imagine it would be in the ball park of...
Rejecting the legitimacy of the election results
Activating base supporters into a frenzy from this action
Loosely connecting his words to an incitement of violence, where a direct incitement to violence is not present.

The idea of asking you was so as I wouldn't have to have to guess.
Secondly as it would provide a basis for referring to others actions.

Like with Biden in a debate prior to Trumps entry into politics, where he said of the reps they'll put y'all back in chains 're mitt Romney iirc. Similarly not an incitement of violence but a loose connection to one as the idea that being put back in chains would be, albeit historically republicans were on the right side of history and were often lynched alongside blacks by the kkk.
Yet it was under that administration that kids in cages policy was implemented but only brought to light under trump. Yet kids in cages due to media priming and direction is often misattributed to trumps administration. I'm not sure what level of knowledge biden/Obama had of this decision and implementation.

Or aoc stating there are concentration camps on the southern border. Or that people there were forced to drink from toilets. She didn't ask the antifa to storm such a facility directly.
She did misdirect on the toilets been drank from as having looked for evidence I found a black employee on YouTube asking her to clarify her position, in that drinking from toilets was in reality not what people would typically imagine.
He showed stainless steel toilets where the water fountain was located on top where the cistern is typically located. You can argue that's drinking from a toilet, or that it's less hygienic that having a tap a foot or two further away from the toilet as is typical in a small bathroom. But the go to visual for people is they were desperately drinking from the toilet bowl at these concentration camps.
Iirc the nature of toilet flushing has a 10 foot radius from the bowl so it's more a visual proximity issue than a real one imo.

In the 2 years prior to this last election both parties undermined the election process. Some democrat presidential candidates and representatives talking about dominion voting systems and how they can be hacked on or offline, of course trump undermined the election too with his attack on postal ballots.
It was an election to fail and whoever lost wasn't going to accept it imo - posted prior to the election day results earlier in the thread.
But again in context Trumps post results undermining has the same refusal to accept as the 2016 results.
In terms of political violence in the US it's pretty clear to me the agitation has come from the left. Shooting officials, attacking officials, shooting trump supporters in the streets has been emanating from the left. Wearing a trump hat has been in a mild sense a symbol for attacking those who don it.
Noam Chomsky had a few years back tried to dissuade fhe left from political violence.

2) The second was in relation to trumps pardoning every crimelord or whatever term you used.
I posted data about his pardons with numbers copied from the links and details in the links. Like the Yahoo news link

"As of Dec. 24, President Trump has issued clemency in the form of pardons or commutations to more than 90 people, from relatively obscure white-collar or nonviolent drug offenders to the famous (conservative commentator Dinesh D’Souza; Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio) and the infamous (four security contractors with the Blackwater firm who murdered more than a dozen civilians in Iraq)."

Your assumption about my position regarding Blackwater is rather baseless. Pardons are routinely given to people, including bad people. They are not just given to worthy cases.
I've posted about Blackwater on here beforehand (Not that we are obliged to note and remember all of our posts) and would abolish private contractors. Trumps the least war criminal president in decades and by some stretch.

Trumps funniest pardon imo was that long dead feminist, an icon for feminists for years turned a racist following trumps pardon.
In relation to what is dubbed russiagate imo most of those were warranted.

I didn't bring up Trumps pardon, but I questioned you as you have me beforehand in relation to several topics where I've obliged your requests or queries and replied with sources and my opinion or argument. I'd say that is the fundamental difference in our discussions.
Irl I would imagine a conversation would follow in much the same manner.

Balinkay
8th January 2021, 04:02 PM
You know you don't have to provide your sources when I ask for them CC. It's a request you decide to kindly fulfil which I always genuinely appreciate. :) And I will continue to do so.

Edit: And just to clarify - Blackwater was an example. I don't know your position on them and did not make any assumptions about it.

CCTV
8th January 2021, 04:20 PM
You know you don't have to provide your sources when I ask for them CC. It's a request you decide to kindly fulfil which I always genuinely appreciate. :) And I will continue to do so.

Edit: And just to clarify - Blackwater was an example. I don't know your position on them and did not make any assumptions about it.

Well I'd propose when challenged I don't get as defensive about things and just provide the links or bases for my posts.
Maybe you could try and mimic the behaviour you enjoy.

Odd example to go to, but true I did take the example as an opinion, my bad Bali.

CCTV
8th January 2021, 04:22 PM
You rascal 😂😂

Thanks Ian :)