PDA

View Full Version : Your current best 11

Nineteenx
30th August 2020, 11:59 AM
What's you current best 11? Personally I think bar RCM the team picks itself, RCM for me is Keita or Oxlade, but all players fit and firing, I think it's the only debatable spot that's up for grabs

Allison

Trent Matip Van Dijk Robertson

Oxlade/Keita Henderson Wijnaldum

Salah Firmino Mane

For me that's the team that facilitates this group of players playing at their very highest and most consistent levels

The press in this line up is the best it has ever been

We have better distribution particularly in releasing our full backs in time and space and finding our forwards in isolation against opposition defenders or creating opportunities with balls just over the opposition backline, that put one of our forwards in if they get through or create a situation in which we are able to win the second ball and create from there if they manage to half clear at a stretch because of the quality of the ball.

I remain hopeful Jurgen pursues his alleged interest in Alcantara, he has great vision and passing and crucially has the centre to left or right, right to left and left to right switch balls that are so incredibly important to the team functioning at its very highest levels. As we saw yesterday, no Henderson, no Liverpool, as at present he's our sole midfielder who can play those balls to the necessary level of quality, we need at least one more player who can, without our switches and the balls dropping just over defenders, even when they're on the edge of their own 18 yard box, we're a very pale imitation of the side who romped home to last season's Premier League title without a player in our 11 who can play those balls and it hugely limits our opportunities to stretch opposition teams and create

CCTV
30th August 2020, 01:51 PM
...............Alisson
TAA Gomez/Matip VVD Robbo
Hendo Fabinho Keita/Gini
Salah Firmino Mane

Id not have any real issue with which pair people select in my best 11, id go for Gomez and Keita myself.

Still think we should be playing 4231 regularly for vaiation and to break down deep defenses.
It also would allow us to get better use out of the squad imo.
Yesterday the personnel changes played a part but so did the formation change to 4231.

Our problems from our blessings:
4 of our back 5 are world class, hard to do without any of them. In future games i suspect fabinho could be playing rb for trent and rcb if both cbs are out.
Midfield, Hendos in great form, without him finding the balance is a bit tricky. Yesterday i was surprised to see milner left and not on the right side.
Up top 3 world class forwards, our back up 2 strikers with seemingly decent goals per minute and a host of other options that dont scream front3 quality.

Alisson
Trent Gomez VVD Robbo
Henderson Fabinho/Gini
Salah Firmino Mane
Mbappe

When weve played 4231 weve done well, suits fabinho better, suits deploying our other attackers better too.
Without mbappe id put salah up top as hes the weakest in tracking back of our 3. With ox out id be tempted to play keita rwf.

Alisson
Trent Gomez VVD Robbo
Hendo Fabinbo
Keita Firmino Mane
Salah

Kev0909
30th August 2020, 02:48 PM
Allison

Trent Fabinho Van Dijk Robertson

Keita Henderson Thiago

Messi Werner Mane

ianlfc
30th August 2020, 03:02 PM
Allison

Trent Fabinho Van Dijk Robertson

Keita Henderson Thiago

Messi Werner Mane

Going forward would be great but why the fuck is big Ali standing at the corner flag ?
The bloody goal in in the middle, they'll be shooting from everywhere !!

eggy81
30th August 2020, 03:03 PM
What's you current best 11? Personally I think bar RCM the team picks itself, RCM for me is Keita or Oxlade, but all players fit and firing, I think it's the only debatable spot that's up for grabs

Allison

Salah Firmino Mane

For me that's the team that facilitates this group of players playing at their very highest and most consistent levels

We have better distribution particularly in releasing our full backs in time and space and finding our forwards in isolation against opposition defenders or creating opportunities with balls just over the opposition backline, that put one of our forwards in if they get through or create a situation in which we are able to win the second ball and create from there if they manage to half clear at a stretch because of the quality of the ball.

I remain hopeful Jurgen pursues his alleged interest in Alcantara, he has great vision and passing and crucially has the centre to left or right, right to left and left to right switch balls that are so incredibly important to the team functioning at its very highest levels. As we saw yesterday, no Henderson, no Liverpool, as at present he's our sole midfielder who can play those balls to the necessary level of quality, we need at least one more player who can, without our switches and the balls dropping just over defenders, even when they're on the edge of their own 18 yard box, we're a very pale imitation of the side who romped home to last season's Premier League title without a player in our 11 who can play those balls and it hugely limits our opportunities to stretch opposition teams and create

Agree with your 11 especially in games where we need to break teams down that are fefendinh resolutely. Fabinho has a bit of improving to fo yet imo. Will be class though.

dicko1969
30th August 2020, 06:28 PM
This team are in transition and needs fresh leagues and hunger.

They've won the lot the next step is to do it all again.

The team is at the Twilight of the 4 to 5 year cycle.

Covid and the cancellation of the afcon have slightly adjusted the plans of the club. Sell first before buying seems the right thing to do.

For a year without gate revenue; €90m (£77m) is a big loss when your fixed charges stay the same.

Plus the wages of the loanees falling back on the club too.

It is a waiting game to see who comes out first with the cash.

It won't effect PSG, Man City or Chelsea (flush with 2 seasons of money held plus the current season meaning they probably have £200 to £300m spare as well as the sales of Morata and Hazard)

1st si

Alisson

TAA Matip VVD ROBERTSON

Minamino Fabinho /Hendo Keita

Salah Firmino Mane

The fresher younger legs in midfield
The front 3 need to have a new younger player challenging

At the end of this season we probably should see a new player.

Age is catching up with a lot of the players.
Don't write them off they still are young enough and talented to be at the top challenging.

Matip VVD Hendo Salah Bobby Mane Gini all around 29 / 30 ; 7 of your first team.

But remember Zidane was sold at 29yo for a world record and gave 5 more years at the top.

Ronaldo 35 Messi 33 still producing exceptional performances.

We shouldn't write off any of the 'oldies' like we shouldn't Brewster at 20yo.

There just seems to be a gap of quality hub of players aged 23 to 26.

Insidious
31st August 2020, 11:41 PM
......................Alisson

Trent.....Gomez...Van Dijk...Robertson

.......................Fabinho

............Henderson........Keita

....Salah.........Minamino........Mane

Probably something like that, but I like what Wijnaldum brings to the side (and have excluded him) and am also very comfortable with Henderson in a deeper role - Fabinho also seems to be a bit slow to get into form when out of it (same can be said of Firmino) but once there is brilliant.

Another thing to add is that we are going through a little bit of evolution still - more focus on possession than the verticality of the counter-attacks and we cross the ball from wide a lot, so it does make sense that we are linked with a central creator like Alcantara.

That said, any time we draw or lose, folks often cite the "lack of creativity in midfield" and "three work-horses isn't the best way" - I've probably said words to that effect myself more than once as well, yet we rarely see the coin flipped and praise given when the wins happen - 196 points in two seasons yet we fell we don't create enough, it's an odd one!

The tweaks in the Community Shield match were intriguing - for much of the match it felt like Van Dijk was attempting the long diagonal a lot and we were seeing a lot of crosses, particularly from the left. It was crying out for a bit of variety in the channels / "Zone 14" via some quick passing exchanges and sure enough when Minamino and Keita were introduced we saw some attempts at little give-and-goes which looked promising and is generally good Footie to watch when it comes off.

Breaking down sides that sit deep is a difficulty for all football teams but if we become better at this lock-picking side of things it's going to be great as our increased possession, Van Dijk, recovery pace in Gomez and Robertson, pressing quality when needed and a top keeper in Alisson means we SHOULD continue the trend of not conceding too much and should win more games than not

miller0863
1st September 2020, 12:07 AM
.....................Alisson ...............
Trent........ Matip ......VVD.......Robbo
.........Hendo.......Fab......Keita....
......Salah .........Bobby.....Mané....

VVD our best defender, Hendo our best midfielder, Mané our best player.

Balinkay
1st September 2020, 03:33 PM
He certainly is the Mane they all turn to when we're not on song. Tremendous player.

Steveo
1st September 2020, 08:26 PM
.....................Alisson ...............
Trent........ Matip ......VVD.......Robbo
.........Hendo.......Fab......Keita....
......Salah .........Bobby.....Mané....

VVD our best defender, Hendo our best midfielder, Mané our best player.

Hendo has been epic - BUT if he is our best midfielder and he has been key for much of the last season and a half - then we have a glaring deficiency.

The work they get through is unbelievable but seriously how long do people think it can last before the body packs up? Hendo probably is our best midfielder and that should be an alarm call to go out and buy some genuine quality. We need it - we can’t go another season pulling rabbits out of the hat week in week out.

If any of you were to sit and watch all the games we won last season - I promise you - you would find it utterly exhausting. We laboured way too much against bog ordinary sides.

@Sid - many cite a lack of creativity because we do suffer from this. We do have chances BUT most are the result of FB’s bombing forward OR the half chances that occur via intense closing down - hunting and forcing errors - that isn’t creativity AND it comes with a cost. Fatigue. We don’t create nearly as many good chances as we did just a few years back IMO.

We bagged the points in relentless fashion and we are champions of England - It’s fantastic but it will have taken a toll..

I would be amazed if at least 2 quality first team propositions didn’t arrive. So the best 11 may very well change in short order.

miller0863
1st September 2020, 10:32 PM
First 11 could do with a midfield certain starter and a partner for Virgil.
I know we need squad players for the front three but the other two are first 11 requirements

Balinkay
1st September 2020, 10:47 PM
First 11 could do with a midfield certain starter and a partner for Virgil.
I know we need squad players for the front three but the other two are first 11 requirements

Do you honestly not think Gomez is good enough / needs the time and has the potential to become good enough?

I mean I share your love for Matip and do think at his best he's at least the third best CB in the league comfortably.

miller0863
1st September 2020, 11:03 PM
Needs time not 100% sure he’ll ever be good enough for first choice. Matip is a class act who’s career has been blighted by injuries.

redebreck
2nd September 2020, 03:21 PM
Needs time not 100% sure he’ll ever be good enough for first choice. Matip is a class act who’s career has been blighted by injuries.

+1

dicko1969
12th September 2020, 10:47 PM

Allison

Salah Firmino Mane

Apart Gomez for Matip it was the starting line up today .
Probably because Matip not fit for 90.

Nineteenx
19th September 2020, 08:00 PM
Apart Gomez for Matip it was the starting line up today .
Probably because Matip not fit for 90.

It was, I think I got it slightly wrong being honest, I think with that midfield 3 Keita has to play LCM, linking with Mane and Robbo and with Mo, making those runs from LCM when Mo is released at LFWD, all of that worked well in his best performances last season

A lot has changed with our signing Thiago

Could see a Keita Thiago Henderson midfield emerge as our best

scientificred
19th September 2020, 08:32 PM
It was, I think I got it slightly wrong being honest, I think with that midfield 3 Keita has to play LCM, linking with Mane and Robbo and with Mo, making those runs from LCM when Mo is released at LFWD, all of that worked well in his best performances last season

A lot has changed with our signing Thiago

Could see a Keita Thiago Henderson midfield emerge as our best

Can you foresee Hendo moving to CB eventually?
Klopp has assembled maybe his dream midfield of Thiago, Fabinho (I know you don't rate him) and Keita (plus Gini who may/may not move on) but cannot see him wanting to lose Henderson.

Nineteenx
20th September 2020, 04:23 PM
Can you foresee Hendo moving to CB eventually?
Klopp has assembled maybe his dream midfield of Thiago, Fabinho (I know you don't rate him) and Keita (plus Gini who may/may not move on) but cannot see him wanting to lose Henderson.

I don't see that, Fabinho's the one most likely to play more at CB, Thiago will play in the centre

Nineteenx
20th September 2020, 08:41 PM
Allison

Trent Matip/Fabinho Van Dijk Robertson

Henderson Thiago Wijnaldum

Salah Firmino Mane

Genuinely really incredibly excited to see this now, 2 midfielders who can play the switch balls and balls over the top and through balls from deeper in our midfield, Thiago with that special ability to keep the ball moving quickly and to move it to different areas of the pitch quickly, Hendo putting in those crosses from RCM, playing those right to left switches, releasing Trent and getting in the box and being bale to press higher too. As exemplary as Hendo was at CM last season, we really missed his crossing and switch ability at RCM.

If Hendo can work incredibly hard as ever to learn to keep the ball moving and spreading the play as quickly, instantly and easily as Thiago does and Thiago can enahnce his pressing learning from Hendo, that midfield is going to be incredible.

The Thiago and Jota signings are also brilliant signings for the like of Jones and Elliott, players of finesse, quality and class for them to learn and develop from

miller0863
20th September 2020, 09:04 PM
Totally agree with your 11 Nineteen. Thought Hendo was controlling the midfield in the first half and it’s him and Thiago plus one for the midfield 3 and as Keita is so inconsistent, Ox is so injury prone and Fab is a better CB, it has to be Gini.

CCTV
20th September 2020, 09:06 PM
Under current as is in temporarily..

Alisson
Trent Fabinho VVD Robbo
Milner Thiago Keita
Salah Bobby Mane

miller0863
20th September 2020, 09:10 PM
Looks like I got my wish. On the previous page on 1st of September I said I wanted a partner for Virgil (Fab) and a midfield certain starter, Thiago.
Love it when a plan comes together

dicko1969
21st December 2020, 01:07 AM
Looking through this thread...

Obviously missing VVD in our best 11.

The satisfaction so far in 4 months of the season.

Fabinho at CB.
Can't be far off being one of the best centre backs of the season in the EPL.

CURTIS Jones; Curtis is Curtis as Klopp says. Class player. Shown against Spurs how good he can be.

Rhys Jones has been calm and simple , the last game even a few long balls and step forward with the ball as confidence has grown.

Neco can do a job.

Jota has come in and got goals.

Kelleher the new No2.

Our squad has been tested .
And has come out with flying colours.

A couple of blips in Villa away and Atalanta at home.

I would say that the most consistent has to be Gini.
Soon we will know his decision.
If he does go in the summer we should respect that decision.

teesred
21st December 2020, 02:05 AM
All of those are reasons to be cheerful Dicko.
We are in a good spot despite our injury crisis.

dicko1969
21st December 2020, 02:23 AM
Shows that we have a squad.
I must admit the Ajax at home we were on the brink of serious consequences for the season.

Jurgen gambled , took a risk or 3.
Played inexperienced and youth.

But now we know that we can rely on a few other players in the squad.

The fruits of the u23s / u18s are coming through as well in the Kloppo masterplan.

Another really positive thing is that of kirby training centre where klopp can see all the teams seniors u23 u18.

Joetan991
21st December 2020, 03:15 AM
I am worried about Mane and Salah attitude now, they show their anger to the public when they are being substituted.

reddownunder
21st December 2020, 04:56 AM
I am worried about Mane and Salah attitude now, they show their anger to the public when they are being substituted.

It's not a good look. However they are both fierce competitors and continue to give their all on the pitch so I'm not too worried

Joetan991
21st December 2020, 06:59 AM
Too much ego in the team also no good. I believe klopp can handle it well, if not sell them, klopp can get the players he wants. No one is bigger than klopp

Insidious
21st December 2020, 09:37 AM

Interesting to hear the take of others. I actually don't mind it that much - different if they were kicking water bottles at Lijnders or pointing and mouthing off in Klopp's face, but I see players who are desperate to score more and that level of competitiveness will help our side more than it hinders.

Admittedly I do prefer the Firmino attitude - he had scored a right-footed and a left-footer goal - was still time for a header to complete a "perfect" hat-trick and he jogged off nice and quick to keep the momentum, shouting words of encouragement at those around him. Consummate professional.

Joetan991
21st December 2020, 01:54 PM
Interestingly I think players like Salah and Mane should appreciate playing under klopp, most of all, don't show Their attitude to the boss. Player like Coutinho and E.Can should now regretting why refuse to play under klopp. No one can bring out players best better than klopp.

Nineteenx
26th December 2020, 06:32 PM
At the moment

Alisson

Trent Matip Fabinho Robertson

Keita Henderson Wijnaldum

Salah Firmino Mane

All players fit

Alisson

Thiago Henderson Wijnaldum

Salah Firmino Mane

Subs: Kelleher Fabinho Tsimikas Keita Jones Oxlade Jota

Edit: Maybe Joe in for Tsimikas as he can do a very good job at either full back position to see games out

Kev0909
26th December 2020, 06:35 PM
At the moment

Alisson

Trent Matip Fabinho(C) Robertson

Keita Jones Wijnaldum

Salah Origi Mane

All players fit

Alisson

Thiago Fabinho(C) Wijnaldum

Salah Jota Mane

Nineteenx
26th December 2020, 06:41 PM
At the moment

Alisson

Trent Matip Fabinho Robertson

Keita Henderson Wijnaldum

Salah Origi Mane

All players fit

Alisson

Thiago Fabinho Wijnaldum

Salah Jota Mane

At least we agree on the defence and 9 of the all players fit, i think, if we EVER get Thiago fit, the Thiago Henderson Wijnaldum midfield will quickly change your mind, i think that midfield 3 will be the most formidable in supporting Jota's variety of runs and movement too, so that could happen