Yes

miller0863
19th September 2020, 09:38 PM
It’s on the summer transfer thread, weirdly

scientificred
19th September 2020, 09:38 PM
Officially signed?

Looks pretty official to me
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/409181-photo-gallery-diogo-jota-signs-for-the-reds-at-anfield

Looks like he will be No. 20 shirt

teesred
19th September 2020, 10:13 PM
I've tried to come up with done puns and one liners involving jotters but I've so far failed.

skyebo
19th September 2020, 10:16 PM
I've tried to come up with done puns and one liners involving jotters but I've so far failed.

If they're anything like your Beatles ones, i hope you carry on failing lol

fiordearg
19th September 2020, 10:18 PM
Great news. I presume this is the end of Shaq

teesred
19th September 2020, 10:25 PM
If they're anything like your Beatles ones, i hope you carry on failing lol

Proper nasty that like. I'm not your friend anymore.

miller0863
19th September 2020, 10:35 PM
Anymore??

Taksin
19th September 2020, 10:38 PM
Anyone happy with the investment and desire to back the manager displayed by FSG?

scientificred
19th September 2020, 10:41 PM
Anyone happy with the investment and desire to back the manager displayed by FSG?
More than happy.

miller0863
19th September 2020, 10:59 PM
Tell you when the window closes ...

skyebo
19th September 2020, 11:08 PM
We won't have a recognised understudy striker if Origi goes in this window. I'm sure Klopp is aware of this, so maybe that could be his next target.

CCTV
20th September 2020, 12:44 AM

Thiago seems a very good acquisition himself, if Gini leaves even more important.
Nice to see us nicking a top player from Bayern since they stole our CL title temporarily.

Jota given his price tag should provide some competition and relief.
As much as i love our backup players, imo weve struggled without having an option that Klopp seems to have confidence in up top. One he'll readily deploy.
Minamino seems to be one Klopp has confidence in still but hes spent a wedge on Jota.

Mbappe might have to be next year as PSG seem adamant on keeping him for another year and yet he seems resolute in not extending his contract beyond the 2 years left on it.

Im happy enough to see new faces arrive. No thoughts on tsimikas.

teesred
20th September 2020, 02:34 AM

Yes and No I guess. Great that weve brought in 3 players who improve us in terms of squad cover and first team upgrades. However the cost isnt an immediately high cost outlay, its staggered payments etc and we'll probably end the window with more cash in that has gone out and I personally along with others see one if our crown jewels being sold next year which will cover the cost of this summer probably twice over.
They have backed the manager no doubt but investment in the squad I'm not so sure about that.

ianlfc
20th September 2020, 06:49 AM
He's definitely one no one had down as a possible target. Hopefully it works out for him and more proof our scouting network just doesn't go for the big names and they do what their job describes, scouting.

LFC-DPG
20th September 2020, 07:19 AM
Don’t know a great deal about him to be honest but I find it strange that we spend £40m odd on him but wouldn’t go for one of the best young strikers in the world for a smidge more.

Maybe Werner did choose Chelsea over us because of guaranteed game time.

ianlfc
20th September 2020, 07:40 AM
Don’t know a great deal about him to be honest but I find it strange that we spend £40m odd on him but wouldn’t go for one of the best young strikers in the world for a smidge more.

Maybe Werner did choose Chelsea over us because of guaranteed game time.

I think Leipzig wanted all the money up front and we agreed with Wolves on instalments, like we did with Tiago. Also Jota is on a reported £80 grand a week were as Werner was looking over £200 grand. Over a 5 year contract it adds up.

Balinkay
20th September 2020, 08:29 AM
Yes and No I guess. Great that weve brought in 3 players who improve us in terms of squad cover and first team upgrades. However the cost isnt an immediately high cost outlay, its staggered payments etc and we'll probably end the window with more cash in that has gone out and I personally along with others see one if our crown jewels being sold next year which will cover the cost of this summer probably twice over.
They have backed the manager no doubt but investment in the squad I'm not so sure about that.

Why is it a bad thing that we'll sell one of the three amigos next year?

ianlfc
20th September 2020, 08:55 AM

Because they make up the best front 3 in world football ?

Kev0909
20th September 2020, 08:59 AM

pffff easily replaced with a 40m younger player and FSG can run to the bank

Jota is already being groomed in to take over someones place, why do you think we spent 40m!!

FSG loving life

Balinkay
20th September 2020, 09:35 AM

So were Pele, Coutinho and Pepe, but they too got old at some point. They'll need replacing and I prefer to still get a good 120-150m for Salah and Mane when we inevitably lose them at some point, even if it means another team still gets a good season or two out of them. Of course, only sell them to foreign clubs.

Balinkay
20th September 2020, 09:36 AM

Jota is already being groomed in to take over someones place, why do you think we spent 40m!!

FSG loving life

None of the front three cost us more than 45m...

Kev0909
20th September 2020, 09:51 AM
None of the front three cost us more than 45m...

Exactly- but doesn't mean we can find the same quality at the same price does it?

It's not that easy, doesn't mean they'll be anywhere near as good- or settle etc etc

Coutinho best 3 in the world? you drunk?

"Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
Because they make up the best front 3 in world football "

?
So were Pele, Coutinho and Pepe,

Frasier
20th September 2020, 10:00 AM
I think Jota is a brilliant signing and will prove so over time. Makes incisive runs, can play anywhere along the front three and has impressive work rate to make him very effective pressing from the front. Werner would also have been a great purchase but don't think he would have had the patience required to deal with being second choice for a season or two, due to his higher status in the football World.

Steveo
20th September 2020, 10:09 AM
Like all signings - nobody really knows what will happen - but he looks a very - very astute capture indeed. 10/10 IMO..

ianlfc
20th September 2020, 10:25 AM
So were Pele, Coutinho and Pepe, but they too got old at some point. They'll need replacing and I prefer to still get a good 120-150m for Salah and Mane when we inevitably lose them at some point, even if it means another team still gets a good season or two out of them. Of course, only sell them to foreign clubs.

Then keep them and we get the best out of them. The money people at the club are being very shrewd at the minute. Theyre Giving off vibes that we have no money and quite rightly considering the world at the minute. But while we're winning on the pitch the money will keep rolling in off it.
I'd keep the main 3 as long as possible and rotate with one or two other younger players.
For me that's why we've went for Jota.

teesred
20th September 2020, 11:05 AM

Because they are 3 of the best players in the world and I'd be gutted to see any of them go. It's all evolution though (or revolution if we are going off my Beatles-ometer). Lolzness.

miller0863
20th September 2020, 11:15 AM
Why won’t anyone listen?? Get Jeremy Doku and we’re sorted for 10 years after Sadio finishes

Insidious
20th September 2020, 11:22 AM
We've acquired a player who can potentially "replace" one of the front three ahead of time of he develops and have done so at a reasonable price given the market these last few years. It's a great move and if we time the sale of one of the front three properly, we'll definitely be in a position to continue such upgrading.

Our decision-making is great. Look at the squad started with, look where we are now.

eggy81
20th September 2020, 12:04 PM
Always have to keep refreshing the squad tk maintain position among the best. No room for sentiment in football. Get tge brst of tge lads. Move them on at the perfect time for profit to performance ratio and replace or hVe the next one coming through. Let the juves and Milan of the world overpay for their last months of top form.

CCTV
20th September 2020, 12:24 PM
Always have to keep refreshing the squad tk maintain position among the best. No room for sentiment in football. Get tge brst of tge lads. Move them on at the perfect time for profit to performance ratio and replace or hVe the next one coming through. Let the juves and Milan of the world overpay for their last months of top form.

Agree, we want to get to the point where we are dominant with other traditional big clubs waiting to sign some of our players on their last contracts.
With Mane/Salah think theyd retain their value and fee at age 30, the other can retire here imo or move on at a later age ala the rumoured milner to leeds type of transfer

ianlfc
20th September 2020, 12:50 PM

Fucksake Eggy mate, Have you started early 😂😂

Balinkay
20th September 2020, 01:18 PM
Exactly- but doesn't mean we can find the same quality at the same price does it?

It's not that easy, doesn't mean they'll be anywhere near as good- or settle etc etc

Coutinho best 3 in the world? you drunk?

"Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
Because they make up the best front 3 in world football "

?
So were Pele, Coutinho and Pepe,

Kev, do you maybe want to take a moment to bring your thoughts in order and then get back to me? This is gibberish. :D

Balinkay
20th September 2020, 01:20 PM
Then keep them and we get the best out of them. The money people at the club are being very shrewd at the minute. Theyre Giving off vibes that we have no money and quite rightly considering the world at the minute. But while we're winning on the pitch the money will keep rolling in off it.
I'd keep the main 3 as long as possible and rotate with one or two other younger players.
For me that's why we've went for Jota.

But we've already got the best of them, no? If we sell one next summer and one - the summer after, they'll have been 29 and 30. If they net us 300m in the process, I think it's a gamble worth taking that they'll dip at some point in their 30s. Not to mention how much their wages will likely balloon.

Insidious
20th September 2020, 01:54 PM
But we've already got the best of them, no? If we sell one next summer and one - the summer after, they'll have been 29 and 30. If they net us 300m in the process, I think it's a gamble worth taking that they'll dip at some point in their 30s. Not to mention how much their wages will likely balloon.

Exactly.

For talk's sake, Salah is sold at the end of the season.

17/18.
18/19.
19/20.
20/21.

What he'll have given us over those 4 seasons will almost certainly better what he would give us in 21/22, 22/23, 23/24 and 24/25, where he will likely cost more (as his contract gets upgraded for one last hypothetical pay-out) with a depreciating value that can't be re-invested.

Or indeed, Mane, who has already given us 16/17, 17/18, 18/19 and 19/20 - he has started a FIFTH season with us, where we only got 3 and a half years from Torres or Suarez. Firmino has started his SIXTH season with us too and has been a big part of helping to get us to where we are.

Being able to retain players has been just as important as the capacity to acquire new ones.

eggy81
20th September 2020, 02:52 PM
Fucksake Eggy mate, Have you started early 😂😂

Its this fecking Samsung phone. Predictive text my arse. Predictive jibberish. Cant be arsed reading back over the whole post to correct it. Its like on of those reading tests you see on face book where the revers the order and change letter but you can still read it.

ianlfc
20th September 2020, 02:52 PM
I think you two lads play far to much football manager 😂😂

ianlfc
20th September 2020, 02:53 PM
Its this fecking Samsung phone. Predictive text my arse. Predictive jibberish. Cant be arsed reading back over the whole post to correct it. Its like on of those reading tests you see on face book where the revers the order and change letter but you can still read it.

Ha ha , I'm the same.

justincredible
23rd September 2020, 09:41 PM
https://youtu.be/n2Sz5MXpdpg

scientificred
23rd September 2020, 09:46 PM
Kev, do you maybe want to take a moment to bring your thoughts in order and then get back to me? This is gibberish. :D
Hilarious!

Balinkay
24th September 2020, 08:01 AM
Hilarious!

It wasn't meant to be. I really didn't get what he was talking about. Upon reflection I assume I have a decent idea, but I'd still rather hear it from the man himself, rather than try to piece it together from how I think his brain might work.

Kev0909
24th September 2020, 10:44 AM
It wasn't meant to be. I really didn't get what he was talking about. Upon reflection I assume I have a decent idea, but I'd still rather hear it from the man himself, rather than try to piece it together from how I think his brain might work.

I don't know what's hard to understand? is it because you're foreign? torresgoalgoals? (I joke you little cutiepie)

Quote from IAN

"Because they make up the best front 3 in world football ?"

Then you go on to say so was pele and coutinho-

Best 3 in the world? - hence "are you drunk" coutinho in the same sentence? as pele / best in the world?

Or have I misread ?? - but why would you say so was pele coutinho etc when Ian just said what he did.

Balinkay
24th September 2020, 11:19 AM
I don't know what's hard to understand? is it because you're foreign? torresgoalgoals? (I joke you little cutiepie)

Quote from IAN

"Because they make up the best front 3 in world football ?"

Then you go on to say so was pele and coutinho-

Best 3 in the world? - hence "are you drunk" coutinho in the same sentence? as pele / best in the world?

Or have I misread ?? - but why would you say so was pele coutinho etc when Ian just said what he did.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Os_Sant%C3%A1sticos

Balinkay
24th September 2020, 11:20 AM
And yes, of course it doesn't guarantee we'll find the same quality for the same price again. No guarantees in football.

However, it shows that it can be done and we've been amazing in the past transfer windows. No reason to shift away from the strategy that's made us a force to be reckoned with once more.

Steveo
24th September 2020, 11:48 AM
And yes, of course it doesn't guarantee we'll find the same quality for the same price again. No guarantees in football.

However, it shows that it can be done and we've been amazing in the past transfer windows. No reason to shift away from the strategy that's made us a force to be reckoned with once more.

Bali - you think the strategy is what has made us a force?

Balinkay
24th September 2020, 12:22 PM
Bali - you think the strategy is what has made us a force?

Yes. Probably not exclusively though. Doesn't matter how good your strategy is if you don't have the people and resource to properly implement it and vice versa.

Steveo
24th September 2020, 12:33 PM
Yes. Probably not exclusively though. Doesn't matter how good your strategy is if you don't have the people and resource to properly implement it and vice versa.

Ok but then it is all rather ambiguous.

I would be inclined to ask - who's strategy is it? Klopp OR perhaps a committee inside the club?

Might be a good time to also ask what you think changed at United after that Mark Robins goal.. Was the club strategy ( or Fergusons ) good at that point? Did it change after that goal? did United suddenly change strategy when Ferguson stood down?

Were Napoli amazingly well run when they earmarked the GOAT to come and play for them? Was it club strategy that took them to the only league titles they ever won.. or perhaps the absolute brilliance of Diego Maradona..?

Was Liverpool FC's strategy the major reason why Shankly took us from the second tier and to the very top? Wasn't it Bill Shankly the manager? His vision and the projection of his will and philosophy running right through the club?

Arsenal - Was it Wenger or the club strategy?

I am not saying I know BTW just putting this out there

I am leaning towards the belief that the only genuine strategy (beyond hitting the jackpot with a manager) that can almost guarantee success is the pumping in of ridiculous amounts of money allowing you to buy whoever you want..

Kev0909
24th September 2020, 01:02 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Os_Sant%C3%A1sticos

Oh in that case.. ok a mis-understanding.

I've never heard of another coutinho tbh

I'm surprised you have!

Balinkay
24th September 2020, 01:17 PM
Ok but then it is all rather ambiguous.

I would be inclined to ask - who's strategy is it? Klopp OR perhaps a committee inside the club?

Might be a good time to also ask what you think changed at United after that Mark Robins goal.. Was the club strategy ( or Fergusons ) good at that point? Did it change after that goal? did United suddenly change strategy when Ferguson stood down?

Were Napoli amazingly well run when they earmarked the GOAT to come and play for them? Was it club strategy that took them to the only league titles they ever won.. or perhaps the absolute brilliance of Diego Maradona..?

Was Liverpool FC's strategy the major reason why Shankly took us from the second tier and to the very top? Wasn't it Bill Shankly the manager? His vision and the projection of his will and philosophy running right through the club?

Arsenal - Was it Wenger or the club strategy?

I am not saying I know BTW just putting this out there

I am leaning towards the belief that the only genuine strategy (beyond hitting the jackpot with a manager) that can almost guarantee success is the pumping in of ridiculous amounts of money allowing you to buy whoever you want..

I mean... yeah, of course it's ambiguous, what did you expect? It'd be naive to even hope to be able to point to a single thing / entitiy / aspect of a football club and proclaim "there, that's why they won things".

Even asking whose strategy it is might be a tad simplistic. It's not as if there's one big boss (or committee of bosses) sitting up there in the clouds saying "this is what we'll do" and everyone following their words to the letter. Different figures inside the club work together to come up with a way forward - at least that's the impression LFC leaves on me. Klopp, Lijnders, Edwards, Moore (or whoever replaced him) and many more are all a part of that. The notion that you can view strategy and the people who shape it as two separate entities is just wrong. When Klopp leaves the club and many of those who determine the club's actions will remain. Then we might start to see what exactly Klopp's input was. Or better yet - how the club's strategy changed when he joined might give us a decent indicator of what role he plays there (modulo other changes at the same time).

Whatever strategy made Napoli sign the overrated junky worked out for them, at least domestically. Whether or not it was a good idea at the time is anyone's guess. Too much info would be needed to pass judgement on that.

Edit: Even saying something like "strategy" requires a lot of explanation. Strategy pertaining to what? It's huge and very convoluted topic. It's natural that we can't understand it - I don't know how to characterise ours for example and you can't see past it being tantamount to hitting the jackpot with a manager.

Balinkay
24th September 2020, 01:26 PM
I guess what I want to say is "Yes, it's quite ambiguous, but there's definitely more to it than splitting a cat open to see which manager to appoint and hoping for the best". :D

justincredible
24th September 2020, 01:32 PM
I guess what I want to say is "Yes, it's quite ambiguous, but there's definitely more to it than splitting a cat open to see which manager to appoint and hoping for the best". :D

You pining for dear ol' Vrashka Chuka again Bali..?

Balinkay
24th September 2020, 01:33 PM
Oh in that case.. ok a mis-understanding.

I've never heard of another coutinho tbh

I'm surprised you have!

Youtube is a weird place, mate! :D Besides, helps with the old footie hipster look I'm going for. :cool:

Balinkay
24th September 2020, 01:35 PM
You pining for dear ol' Vrashka Chuka again Bali..?

< insert all-Balkan-countries-are-similar-but-hate-each-other's-guts comment here >

Steveo
24th September 2020, 01:51 PM
Serbs and Greeks love each other.

I know what you mean though - Slavic groups more exclusively.

Balinkay
24th September 2020, 01:55 PM
Just don't let them play basketball against each other. :D

Steveo
24th September 2020, 01:57 PM
Yep - like us v The scum

justincredible
24th September 2020, 02:05 PM
Yep - like us v The scum

Far worse.

Steveo
24th September 2020, 02:15 PM
Far worse.

Except it isn't actually close - the hate at least.. You might be confusing club Basketball with international..? The chat was Greeks & Serbs

Greece Play Serbia at Basketball and it is largely fine - intense rivalry for sure - Red Star v Panathinaikos - and yes it's fireworks..

https://youtu.be/AYaFkbCPxBk

Take a look at the comments and accept the error of your ways. ..:wink:

Steveo
24th September 2020, 02:33 PM
https://youtu.be/Y_bLejFjBy8

"Overrated junky"... :D :D

New video I originally posted in Fantasy football thread.. A 37 minute sample of just the one tournament What he did despite being assaulted 20/30 times in every game. Unprotected and with a knee injury watch him destroy the best sides on the planet. Watch and learn Bali - watch and learn..

Balinkay
24th September 2020, 03:21 PM
Bah, youtube can make anyone look good. :D I shite you not, there was some dude who got like six decent transfers out of pretending to be injured and just having his mate make fake videos of him on youtube.

And yeah, don't agree with the idea of him being the GOAT. There probably a good three or four players with at least as good a case as him and then there's Pele. One of the reasons I hesitate to put Messi in the GOAT conversation too btw. I mean they're probably both in there, just... they're facing some really really stern competition. :D

skyebo
24th September 2020, 03:29 PM
I think he's starting tonight.

justincredible
24th September 2020, 03:32 PM
Pele?

skyebo
24th September 2020, 03:40 PM
Pele?

Haha.

Kev0909
24th September 2020, 03:41 PM
I'm getting a game tonight because Klopp gives no fucks

Doing him a favour coronavirus times init getting a free pie&pint after the game

Steveo
24th September 2020, 03:48 PM
Bah, youtube can make anyone look good. :D I shite you not, there was some dude who got like six decent transfers out of pretending to be injured and just having his mate make fake videos of him on youtube.

And yeah, don't agree with the idea of him being the GOAT. There probably a good three or four players with at least as good a case as him and then there's Pele. One of the reasons I hesitate to put Messi in the GOAT conversation too btw. I mean they're probably both in there, just... they're facing some really really stern competition. :D

Almost as laughable as

“overrated Junky” :D :D & :D

Steveo
24th September 2020, 03:52 PM
I think he's starting tonight.

is the team out already? A good game to get him playing in one way - but also
depends who he plays alongside

skyebo
24th September 2020, 03:54 PM
is the team out already? A good game to get him playing in one way - but also
depends who he plays alongside

No Steveo. Just going by various sources who reckon he's starting, so nothing official.

Balinkay
24th September 2020, 04:21 PM
Almost as laughable as

“overrated Junky” :D :D & :D

I mean he is clearly overrated. And enjoyed the snow a bit too much... So... you know :D

Steveo
24th September 2020, 04:33 PM
I mean he is clearly overrated. And enjoyed the snow a bit too much... So... you know :D

Stick to your guns Bali even though they will shoot you down bro..

A more sweeping and ridiculous commentary on the greatest footballer who ever lived will be hard to find.

Balinkay
24th September 2020, 04:36 PM
A more sweeping and ridiculous commentary on the greatest footballer who ever lived will be hard to find.

Just really proving my point here. :D

Steveo
24th September 2020, 04:52 PM
Just really proving my point here. :D

Forgive me but I don't see the point you are trying to make.. You do seem prejudiced though.

As I have said - Play the game at a reasonable level and then watch what he did..Talk is cheap.

This might help set the scene..

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/lionel-messi-barcelona-transfer-diego-maradona-greatest-all-time-a9700461.html

Balinkay
24th September 2020, 05:58 PM
Forgive me but I don't see the point you are trying to make.. You do seem prejudiced though.

Here it is:

And yeah, don't agree with the idea of him being the GOAT. There [are] probably a good three or four players with at least as good a case as him and then there's Pele. One of the reasons I hesitate to put Messi in the GOAT conversation too btw. I mean they're probably both in there, just... they're facing some really really stern competition. :D

Kev0909
24th September 2020, 06:21 PM
Get a roooooooooooom

and let me know what number

xoxoxo

Kev0909
24th September 2020, 06:38 PM
Liverpool Starting XI: Adrian, N. Williams, R. Williams, Van Dijk, Tsimikas, Grujic, Jones, Elliott, Shaqiri, Minamino, Origi.

Jota source is wrong

Why is VVD playing if we're playing that team? not even worth the slight risk of injury ffs

I can never get myself excited about this cup, or bothered about it at all, no matter what I do

CCTV
2nd October 2020, 04:00 PM
Have to say hes looked rather impressive in his few appearances so far.

Looks like he fits the unit and has the desired qualities to succeed. Start smashing in a few more kid.

Balinkay
2nd October 2020, 04:20 PM
Yes, looks electric. Needs a bit more time maybe. We'll see how he develops - wouldn't pass any definitive judgement yet.

ianlfc
2nd October 2020, 04:37 PM
He's like a young Andy Carroll 😃😃

CCTV
2nd October 2020, 04:56 PM
He's like a young Andy Carroll 😃😃

A faster Suarez ;)

Steveo
2nd October 2020, 04:56 PM
A faster Suarez ;)

Don't...:D. "a young Andy Carroll" takes the pressure off by comparison - is he still growing BTW..?

skyebo
2nd October 2020, 05:19 PM
Don't...:D. "a young Andy Carroll" takes the pressure off by comparison - is he still growing BTW..?

I wouldn't wish that tag on anyone. I prefer to call him Diogo, his other name reminds me of a notepad.

Steveo
2nd October 2020, 05:29 PM
I wouldn't wish that tag on anyone. I prefer to call him Diogo, his other name reminds me of a notepad.

True. Great name if you work in WH Smiths.

It does gripe with me a bit though.. Diogo... Wish it was Diego..

Pigsy
2nd October 2020, 10:04 PM
Might get another game Sunday, Mane has Covid.

justme
2nd October 2020, 10:15 PM
Damn sounds like he probably got it off Thiago or vice versa..

Steveo
2nd October 2020, 10:30 PM
Bloody hell... That puts him in real doubt for the derby..

Hopefully he is symptom free.

miller0863
3rd October 2020, 11:14 AM
Should get his first start on Sunday, he’ll be fine, good one for him to start in and he’s done the hardest bit, getting off the mark against Arsenal last Monday.

GarciasMuffin
3rd October 2020, 11:26 PM
True. Great name if you work in WH Smiths.

It does gripe with me a bit though.. Diogo... Wish it was Diego..

HAHA That's exactly what I've been thinking !

It's right up there with mentalist Derren (Darren) Brown and Jack Wilshire (Wiltshire) for name spelling annoyance :)

ianlfc
4th October 2020, 07:29 AM
HAHA That's exactly what I've been thinking !

It's right up there with mentalist Derren (Darren) Brown and Jack Wilshire (Wiltshire) for name spelling annoyance :)

David Walliams

Nineteenx
4th October 2020, 10:37 PM
Like him, needs to be quickly brought up to speed with the pressing, counter pressing and tracking back required of a Liverpool forward because he was a very long way short of the required standard in that tonight and a hell of a long way short of Mane's personal levels at this who he came in for

Kev0909
4th October 2020, 10:38 PM
felt sorry for him tongiht in a way

Nineteenx
4th October 2020, 10:46 PM
felt sorry for him tongiht in a way

Needs to work a lot harder and be prepared to do the hard yards like all our best players, look at the work Mane and Mo get through, I felt for him tonight because he got into perfect positions to be released with the switch balls Henderson and Thiago play so brilliantly to totally beat any attempted opposition press at least 15 times and Jurgen had opted to play a midfield in which not one player is capable of playing those switch balls, so it took us 3 to 4 passes to get the ball to him there every time instead, by which time his clever movement and the position he was initially in had been completely wasted

That was a big part of the problem tonight as it was at the end of last season, which is why I was so made up we signed Thaigo, the press and counter press were absolute shite, but Villa pressed us successfully and broke on us so many times because we had no midfielder in the line up capable of playing those balls that destroy attempted opposition presses and Jurgen opted not to change either of those things with his half time or other subs for whatever reason only he knows

justme
5th October 2020, 03:44 AM
Jota worked very hard.. You musta been watching another game..from what i saw,he had some chances and he wanted to many touches when he should have shot.

justme
5th October 2020, 03:46 AM
I know its early days but he does look a better option technically than Origi. Time will tell if he scores enough goals.

dicko1969
5th October 2020, 03:48 AM
Like him, needs to be quickly brought up to speed with the pressing, counter pressing and tracking back required of a Liverpool forward because he was a very long way short of the required standard in that tonight and a hell of a long way short of Mane's personal levels at this who he came in for

Here for 7 days , so yeah he should already be at Mané's level.
But for Mané being out he would be serving 3 months on the bench learning the liverpool and klopp way.

CCTV
5th October 2020, 11:36 AM
Here for 7 days , so yeah he should already be at Mané's level.
But for Mané being out he would be serving 3 months on the bench learning the liverpool and klopp way.

Lolz - he'll play loads this season imo - early days but he looks like the only front 3 option who ticks the boxes.

CCTV
31st October 2020, 08:35 PM
Winner winner chicken dinner :)

Go on my son !!

ianlfc
31st October 2020, 08:36 PM
Fucking brilliant! !

Insidious
31st October 2020, 08:39 PM
3 goals in his first 3 Home games, first to do that since Garcia.

Also love that he doesn't look unlike Nando facially, evokes a sense of nostalgia for me :lol:

Sincerely though, great finisher - and just on the mention of Nando, Torres was 23 when he joined us and Jota is joining a more settled side/club - we only got 3 and a half years of Torres before he moved on, but surely hardly anyone could lure Jota away from us and he already looks very promising given our set-up.

Hard not to get a LITTLE excited. Hope he can achieve his full potential with us and stay a long time.

Balinkay
31st October 2020, 08:39 PM
A good start to his Anfield career. I'll take it.

Kev0909
31st October 2020, 08:40 PM
Nice to have a firmino replacement

miller0863
31st October 2020, 08:41 PM
Looks like a Klopp player, the transfer committee strike again !!

Balinkay
31st October 2020, 08:43 PM
Nice to have a firmino replacement

He's not... he never will be, but he is genuine competition for once.

Kev0909
31st October 2020, 08:51 PM
He's not... he never will be, but he is genuine competition for once.

He should be

Balinkay
31st October 2020, 08:53 PM
He should be

He's a different type of player. There's a reason he's used on the wing when he comes on and not through the middle. I see no reason to think he could do what Bobby does.

Minamino was meant to be Bobby's long(ish) term replacement but he's been... rather terrible thus far.

justme
31st October 2020, 09:07 PM
If he carries on scoring like this.He will make Salahs record seem like bollocks.

ianlfc
31st October 2020, 09:27 PM
If he carries on scoring like this.He will make Salahs record seem like bollocks.

Steady on mate 😃😃

justme
31st October 2020, 09:29 PM
:d :d

Balinkay
31st October 2020, 10:15 PM
Steady on mate ����

Where's Grumpy when you need him? He'd have jumped at the chance to proclaim CC said Origi > Suarez... I sometimes miss him.

Nineteenx
31st October 2020, 10:38 PM
I think because of the need for rotation Jota will start in time and get starts, I think at present playing the 433 with as many of the regular 11 that won us the Champions League, Premier League, CWC and Super Cup makes perfect sense because we know how successful that is with those players and we need to get it firing at it's highest levels again and we need the opportunity to try our best system with the best personnel to date with Thiago and Hendo in the 3 man midfield also.

At the moment, using that 433 with those players and introducing Jota and Shaq a little later when teams are dropping off even more and tiring a little and fatiguing from having to focus so intently to try and stop the starting 11 seems to be working a treat

I was made up when we signed Jota, quality player, Wolves best attacker last season and he's simply a brilliant addition, we must remember that because of the sheer number of games we will need to do some rest and rotation of the front 3, this season it is pretty much unavoidable, which is a pain because after a few games with Thiago and Hendo in the midfield 3 I'd like to see Jota given a few starts either side of the midfield 3 to see how that works also

Steveo
31st October 2020, 10:41 PM
Where's Grumpy when you need him? He'd have jumped at the chance to proclaim CC said Origi > Suarez... I sometimes miss him.

Not talking about the old arsey Yosemite Sam are you?

https://youtu.be/fQ-BOqQw_TQ

Kev0909
31st October 2020, 10:50 PM
He's a different type of player. There's a reason he's used on the wing when he comes on and not through the middle. I see no reason to think he could do what Bobby does.

Minamino was meant to be Bobby's long(ish) term replacement but he's been... rather terrible thus far.

Nope jota can do what firmino does well, scores goals init

teams we won't control posession much at all sure firmino, but anything else Jota

games like today firmino is useless in his form he works hard, can assist and finds the net, why can't he play there?

Balinkay
31st October 2020, 11:15 PM
Jota's never played through the middle, has he? Klopp would never put him there ahead of Salah and Manè.

I can see Jota, Mo and Sadio as a front three, just can't imagine why Jota would play through the middle.

Kev0909
31st October 2020, 11:44 PM
Jota's never played through the middle, has he? Klopp would never put him there ahead of Salah and Manè.

I can see Jota, Mo and Sadio as a front three, just can't imagine why Jota would play through the middle.

Well if he never has a go, he'll never play through the middle!

CCTV
31st October 2020, 11:49 PM

Position --------------- games - goals - assists
Left Winger ----------123 ---- 35 ------- 18
Second Striker ----- 44 ------ 13 ------- 12
Centre-Forward ---- 40 ------18 -------- 9
Right Winger---------- 7 -------- 4 ---------1
Attacking Midfield-- 2 ------- 0 -------- 0

https://www.transfermarkt.com/diogo-jota/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/340950/saison/ges/pos/14
His games as a CF according to Transfermarkt, at wolves essentially.

Nineteenx
31st October 2020, 11:50 PM

It's a moot point anyway, Jurgen's been tinkering, it's clear as the light of day that despite starting the season absolutely on fire and having been simply brilliant at LFWD and inside LFWD for the past 3 seasons, Jurgen has moved Mane's position.

The last 3 games Mane has been playing incredibly central, when Jota's coming on at LFWD the way Jurgen's moved Mane's position of course it's going to work better, we're going back to the shape we play at our best, Mane being central fucks up the dynamics of everything, when Jota's coming on at LFWD, Mane's position isn't changing, he's not moving from LFWD to CFWD because he's not playing at LFWD in the first place

Insidious
31st October 2020, 11:55 PM
Just looked at his club statistics.

72 goals in 222 games is a pretty excellent record. He can do great things for us.

Balinkay
1st November 2020, 12:10 AM

True! :D And apparently he has, as CC points out, so what the fuck do I know? :D

Nineteenx
1st November 2020, 12:25 AM
If Jota plays there in place of Bobby and Jurgen's still fucking about with Mane's position and moving him from LFWD/inside LFWD to playing centrally for 90% of the game, I doubt it will change anything, there'll be less space for Jota and he will be as easily crowded out as Bobby has been and if he gets turned or facing goal, it's still going to be ridiculously congested in the centre and the channels to try and squeeze any pass through are still going to be ridiculously narrow

Jurgen needs to have a word with himself, he's creating a lot of our problems we're currently experiencing by asking Mane to play centrally

shminkyred
1st November 2020, 10:50 AM
Best thing about Diogo..???
You watch Salah and Mane pick up their game......
As long as Klopp can keep the competition healthy!..

faridtoxteth
2nd November 2020, 07:01 PM
What is that two handed little hand gesture he makes when he scores.? It looks like a letter Pi from the Greek alphabet. ?

southernboy
2nd November 2020, 07:20 PM
What is that two handed little hand gesture he makes when he scores.? It looks like a letter Pi from the Greek alphabet. ?

I thought it was a goal frame

faridtoxteth
2nd November 2020, 07:38 PM
ok. maybe I was overthinking it!

justincredible
2nd November 2020, 08:13 PM
ok. maybe I was overthinking it!

I like your reasoning better Farid.

teesred
2nd November 2020, 11:22 PM

No idea. I still haven't found out what that letter A thing is that Barkley and Grealish did in the game against us. Seen it done by a few players. Must be a young persons thing.

LEGS
2nd November 2020, 11:26 PM
No idea. I still haven't found out what that letter A thing is that Barkley and Grealish did in the game against us. Seen it done by a few players. Must be a young persons thing.

Ive seen Owen Farrell do it for England rugby team for years I think it was for a kid who was ill.

No idea what those two pratts are doing it for.

Nineteenx
3rd November 2020, 01:36 PM
Where do people think Jota's signing and performances leave Minamino? I feel a bit for Minamino as he's not a false 9 at Salzburg RFWD was his best position, he does need to find that directness and extra yard of pace he had in both games against us when he gets opportunities, he's behind Jota, Shaq and even Origi for me now, he's never looked remotely like the RFWD who gave Robbo a torrid time we were all excited to have signed since he arrived

Balinkay
3rd November 2020, 01:46 PM
It leaves him exactly where he was - floundering to replace Bobby. Jota is the long term replacement for Manè / Salah, Taki is Bobby's.

Firmino still has a few years left in his legs thankfully since Taki's looked way of the mark every time he's set foot on the pitch.

Nineteenx
3rd November 2020, 04:14 PM
It leaves him exactly where he was - floundering to replace Bobby. Jota is the long term replacement for Manè / Salah, Taki is Bobby's.

Firmino still has a few years left in his legs thankfully since Taki's looked way of the mark every time he's set foot on the pitch.

My question mark amongst many over Minamino and Jota at false 9 is the physicality the role requires, especially in the league, also the pressing and counter pressing and tracking back, it's also one less physical presence at corners at either end when we're already missing Virgil

Playing wide on either flank is very different from playing false 9, receiving it under pressure with 4 players swarming around you, to get the very best from Thiago we'll need a player at false 9 who can receive it to give him back, making an immediate run to open up a route for a pass

skyebo
3rd November 2020, 04:22 PM
Minamino doesn't get the chance to get any consistency as he's in for one game, then gets left out for the next few. No-one can be consistent on those terms.

Nineteenx
3rd November 2020, 04:30 PM
Minamino doesn't get the chance to get any consistency as he's in for one game, then gets left out for the next few. No-one can be consistent on those terms.

He always looks like the over enthusiastic kid

RedNoodle
3rd November 2020, 05:05 PM
Minamino needs to bulk up a little bit.

skyebo
3rd November 2020, 05:11 PM

How many people do you know of his origin, that are built like Ruddock ? lol

Steveo
3rd November 2020, 05:18 PM
This lot for a kick off :D

https://youtu.be/aUE3K4eNDJE

skyebo
3rd November 2020, 05:20 PM
this lot for a kick off :d

https://youtu.be/aue3k4endje

PMSL. I walked into that one, i should have said footballers lol

Steveo
3rd November 2020, 05:31 PM
PMSL. I walked into that one, i should have said footballers lol

Tell you what - you wouldn’t want to walk into some of those Sumo wrestlers - they could eat Minamino for a light lunch and not break their diet.

skyebo
3rd November 2020, 05:33 PM
Tell you what - you wouldn’t want to walk into some of those Sumo wrestlers - they could eat Minamino for a light lunch and not break their diet.

Haha.

Balinkay
3rd November 2020, 05:36 PM
Honestly I'm not sure you'd find your way out if you walked into that mountain of fat.

Kev0909
3rd November 2020, 05:41 PM

he's the next messi don't worry about it

Balinkay
3rd November 2020, 05:51 PM

Uff, no need to accuse Taki of tax dodging like that, Kev! What'd he ever do to you?

CCTV
3rd November 2020, 11:14 PM
Winner winner winner - he likes his chicken dinner :D

First LFC player to score in his first 2 CL starts

First hat trick since Mane v Porto in the CL 17/18

Not a bad start :D

Kev0909
3rd November 2020, 11:15 PM

FSG loving life

*Cough* Firmino.

justincredible
3rd November 2020, 11:15 PM
Winner winner winner - he likes his chicken dinner :D

First LFC player to score in his first 2 CL starts

First hat trick since Mane v Porto in the CL 17/18

Not a bad start :D

Never heard of him. Academy player?

ianlfc
3rd November 2020, 11:16 PM

It was Minamino 5 games ago with you 😂😂😂

Balinkay
3rd November 2020, 11:20 PM
*Cough* Firmino.

It's Salah or Mane. Taki is meant to be Bobby's replacement! :mad:

Kev0909
3rd November 2020, 11:21 PM
It's Salah or Mane. Taki is meant to be Bobby's replacement! :mad:

Christ i'd rather keep bobby thanks:lol::lol::lol:

Balinkay
3rd November 2020, 11:40 PM
Christ i'd rather keep bobby thanks:lol::lol::lol:

I'd rather keep all five!

Insidious
3rd November 2020, 11:52 PM

Absolutely this.

Kev0909
3rd November 2020, 11:52 PM

Hold up hold up

You're forgetting Origi, that's six

Joetan991
4th November 2020, 01:29 AM
We can play like Messi under klopp

Nineteenx
4th November 2020, 01:30 AM
It was Minamino 5 games ago with you ������

It certainly was

Balinkay
4th November 2020, 02:02 AM
Any news on his injury?

fiordearg
4th November 2020, 08:16 AM
Nobody's talking Werner now

CCTV
4th November 2020, 12:15 PM
Never heard of him. Academy player?

Theres something that the kop & kev wants you to know, Diogos our new Firmino :D
(Coat grabbed)

Kev0909
4th November 2020, 12:48 PM
Theres something that the kop & kev wants you to know, Diogos our new Firmino :D
(Coat grabbed)

The new firmino ? the better.

Here's jota doing everything better than Firmino lately at least

https://twitter.com/i/status/1323751416679325699

CCTV
4th November 2020, 10:34 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1rtr-ESrr7U

Jotas 442oons Hatrick song, Klopp ain't the best singer:D

CCTV
23rd November 2020, 12:46 AM
10 appearances in the PL & CL -570 mins

8 goals

4 winners

4 in 3 CL games/176 mins
4 in 7 PL games/394mins

4 with his right foot
2 with his left
2 headers.....

Not a bad start :)

skyebo
23rd November 2020, 01:05 AM

8 goals

4 winners

4 in 3 CL games/176 mins
4 in 7 PL games/394mins

4 with his right foot
2 with his left
2 headers.....

Impressive stats.

Joetan991
23rd November 2020, 04:01 AM
did he make any assists?

Nineteenx
23rd November 2020, 07:45 AM

8 goals

4 winners

4 in 3 CL games/176 mins
4 in 7 PL games/394mins

4 with his right foot
2 with his left
2 headers.....

The best part is, he's scored those goals playing in all of our front 3 positions

Balinkay
23rd November 2020, 08:09 AM
From what little I've seen of him for us I don't really like him on the right (in comparison to the other two position, not that he's objecvtively bad). Though if he scores, what do I care that the eye test suggests he's playing suboptimally - a bit like Mo.

Steveo
23rd November 2020, 09:32 AM
From what little I've seen of him for us I don't really like him on the right (in comparison to the other two position, not that he's objecvtively bad). Though if he scores, what do I care that the eye test suggests he's playing suboptimally - a bit like Mo.

He is our most direct attacker right now. Looks like our best option through the middle.

Agree that he looks his least potent on the right ( why I was miffed he was stuck out there early first half ) but as an incoming player - and having played in all 3 positions - I think he has shown the tendency for profligacy that has become the norm in our otherwise spectacular attack.

CCTV
23rd November 2020, 10:50 AM
Jota - Pl & CL

Cf - 3 games - 4 goals - 97 mins
Rwf- 4 games - 3 goals - 343 mins
Lwf - 3 games - 1 goal - 130 mins

vin
23rd November 2020, 11:58 AM
I wanted Sarr.

jozza800
23rd November 2020, 03:37 PM
I wanted Sarr.

I certainly didnt think he was this sort of player. It's been a great start and adds genuine depth to th esquad if he can sustain the performances if not the numbers.

vin
23rd November 2020, 09:31 PM
I certainly didnt think he was this sort of player. It's been a great start and adds genuine depth to th esquad if he can sustain the performances if not the numbers.

I didn't know anything about him, whereas I saw Sarr as more of a FSG type buy.

I wasn't upset when we signed him, more perplexed that it just happened. No fuss.

CCTV
1st December 2020, 11:58 PM
No winner, you still get your chicken dinner for now !!

Thought he did alright tonight, botched a few breaks, 3 heavy touches but contributed elsewhere.

Kev0909
2nd December 2020, 12:01 AM
No winner, you still get your chicken dinner for now !!

Thought he did alright tonight, botched a few breaks, 3 heavy touches but contributed elsewhere.

probably fatigue

Same with mane and salah

CCTV
2nd December 2020, 12:09 AM
probably fatigue

Same with mane and salah

Between them they blew a few chances.

miller0863
2nd December 2020, 12:12 AM
We could and should have won about 4-0 tonight, we kept getting in but fluffing our lines.

Nineteenx
2nd December 2020, 12:12 AM
I knew what we were getting, he was Wolves' main man, I watched a lot of their games last season when they didn't clash with ours, I was made up when we signed him, I thought he'd prove a great signing, I didn't think he'd have the instant brilliant start he has, I think that's surprised everyone

It's going to still take time and to actually get Thiago fit and playing in midfield with Hendo and Gini to see the very best of him, made a lot of great runs for Wolves that were picked by Moutinho, we're more direct than that a lot of the time and our whole side has evolved playing more direct without that type of passing in midfield and our continual runs in behind by our forwards supported by our full backs made for certain types of ball, so all the players will need time to get used to Jota's different movement and we'll need Thiago back to pick the runs out

Kev0909
2nd December 2020, 12:14 AM
We could and should have won about 4-0 tonight, we kept getting in but fluffing our lines.

You could say that about a lot of games lately

It's going to be amazing if we ever get fit starting 11 and all back to there best! (VVD and gomez aside this season sadly)

I can see some team getting destroyed at some point

After christmas and get knocked out of the cup, it'll start getting a bit easier

ianlfc
19th January 2021, 07:46 PM
Anyone any idea when he's due back ?
He's been a huge loss .

southernboy
19th January 2021, 08:02 PM
This was said on January 7th:

Klopp on Jota: "Still in the knee brace, so a few weeks away from team training. Nothing new to say. It takes time. No surgery needed but a proper injury. Not a little knock. No real time frame for that."

I wouldn't expect to see him for another month at least. Hope I'm wrong, because as you say we've really missed him.

miller0863
19th January 2021, 08:07 PM
Read today that it should be 3 or 4 weeks

ianlfc
19th January 2021, 08:14 PM
Cheers lads, So probably around the Leipzig games.

jr81
19th January 2021, 08:35 PM
Read today that it should be 3 or 4 weeks

What a disaster if a decision that was to play him. I know hindsight and everything, but I think most on here said none of our main players should have played that game.

Annoying as f....

Balinkay
19th January 2021, 09:15 PM
Physioroom has him as a possible comback for the City game.

Nineteenx
20th January 2021, 07:59 AM
It'll be great to have a top quality option on the bench again

Steveo
20th January 2021, 09:37 AM
Haha - another cracker..!

Bit harsh on our Bobby though.. :D

RedNoodle
20th January 2021, 10:10 AM
It'll be great to have a top quality option on the bench again

Woo!!! One quality option our bench!!! Let us rejoice!!!

Insidious
20th January 2021, 10:26 AM
4 goals in 6 games in Europe (a hat-trick skews the stats) and 5 goals in 9 appearances in the League.

Yes please.

Steveo
20th January 2021, 10:50 AM
Come on stat man - Jota came on as a sub plenty in the CL and almost 90 of those minutes were in a dead rubber in Denmark in this crazy lineup..

https://i.ibb.co/Drn1NK7/8-DD9-C4-D3-FD3-F-4-B94-8-CB5-6978-C799-BECA.jpg

He has 4 goals in 360 minutes of CL football. That’s far closer to 4 goals in 4 games - not 6... same minutes as Mané.

Bobby has played in 6 too but only 160 mins.

Listing games played isn’t the full story for me.

Insidious
20th January 2021, 11:02 AM
He has 4 goals in 360 minutes of CL football. That’s far closer to 4 goals in 4 games - not 6... same minutes as Mané.

Listing games played isn’t the full story for me.

The point I was aiming to make is that he is prolific.

A point you have further backed up.

"I'll take it" - Bart Simpson buying the Ultimate Pog.

Steveo
20th January 2021, 11:52 AM
The point I was aiming to make is that he is prolific.

A point you have further backed up.

"I'll take it" - Bart Simpson buying the Ultimate Pog.

I was just being a pedantic fuck. Whenever I think of Jota - and that sodding game in Denmark I get nearly as angry as Klopp!!

RedNoodle
20th January 2021, 04:08 PM
I was just being a pedantic fuck. Whenever I think of Jota - and that sodding game in Denmark, I get nearly as angry with Klopp as I am with everyone else!!!

Fixed for you.

Steveo
20th January 2021, 04:16 PM
Maybe Noods..

skyebo
20th January 2021, 05:14 PM
Burnley game too early for him, could be available for the next league game according to Radio Merseyside on the 3PM bulletin.

Nineteenx
20th January 2021, 05:14 PM
Haha - another cracker..!

Bit harsh on our Bobby though.. :D

A bit disappointed nobody bt, great option as a super sb though, watches intently wenon the bench, looking where he might make the difference, till puzzling me why, whenit's here he mostly lined up for Wolves, he's stank the place out in the 2 or 3 games he's played LFWD, including THAT Villa game, nowhere near Mane's quality in that position.

I think it's the difference in style of play, our left side has been our most potent and creative for a long time and Mane's speed aggression skill, power, runs in behind and relishing of one v ones is a huge part of that, Jota isn't that kind of player and doesn't have those skill sets, spends to much time coming short and really disrupting everything that's worked so well on our left te last 2 yeas and it hasn't got back to where t was since

That's the thing for me most people seemto have a real lack of understanding about in football, a team is a living breathing entity, i look a it as a singular body, if you change just one thing, one thing being not as that body is used to, it disrupts everything else.

There are exeptions when a player can be Ginseng to that body, when they comfortably do everything it is used to and bring other things that are better and help it to function even better, but Jota at LFWD isn't one of those thins

Balinkay
20th January 2021, 05:20 PM
@Noods @Steveo

Do you not think he was told to put out a stronger team by FSG? Honest question?

He never cared about these deadwood games. At worst I can imagine the players not wanting to chuck a CL game out the window, I can't see this coming from Klopp.

teesred
20th January 2021, 06:48 PM
@Noods @Steveo

Do you not think he was told to put out a stronger team by FSG? Honest question?

He never cared about these deadwood games. At worst I can imagine the players not wanting to chuck a CL game out the window, I can't see this coming from Klopp.

Wasn't it you who said it was a UEFA issue? That they are/were obligated to put a team out regardless of it having no bearing on the group?

Steveo
20th January 2021, 07:32 PM
@Noods @Steveo

Really not sure - it was a strange lineup - not strong and very hashed together. Asking for trouble. Bunch of thugs that team - overly physical - can see how they bludgeoned their way into the Group stages of CL.

Balinkay
20th January 2021, 08:53 PM
Wasn't it you who said it was a UEFA issue? That they are/were obligated to put a team out regardless of it having no bearing on the group?

I know there was some money involved in winning that game to the tune of a couple of million bucks. Think there's also a rule you're meant to play a strong team, but I suspect it was mostly down to the money and positive exposure.

RedNoodle
20th January 2021, 09:29 PM
@Noods @Steveo

If he was told that by FSG then it just backs up my point (contrary to what a few others have said) about Klopp being 'under the thumb' and that he is happy to put up with FSG's BS i.e. playing Jota in a 'meaningless' game, or not telling FSG that unless they start parting with a few more 'reddies', he'll be off.

If it was his decision to play Jota, then it's yet another in an increasing number of 'brain-farts' that he is having as of late.

Kev0909
20th January 2021, 09:30 PM
imagine klopp being forced to play jota

I don't think so not a chance lol

dicko1969
20th January 2021, 10:23 PM
Back soon
And hopefully the other front 3 will score goals or be on the bench.

RedNoodle
20th January 2021, 10:31 PM
Back soon

Who is going to come in for our front three should they not start finding the back of the net? Origi, Williams and Kelleher?

boom-klopp
21st January 2021, 01:49 AM
Back soon

we actually need another attacker as one being on the bench does nothing for competition as they know they’ll be back soon.

will fsg address this? highly doubtful.

Insidious
21st January 2021, 09:53 AM
we actually need another attacker as one being on the bench does nothing for competition as they know they’ll be back soon.

will fsg address this? highly doubtful.

Fingers crossed we'll find an option, be it another transfer or something from within.

I am hoping Minamino will be a bit closer bulk-wise for 21/22 and Harvey Elliott continues his development. If we could add to that as well it would be ideal. Two lesser-used (fitness, style of play) players out, one in would be a situation I'm comfortable with if the injury record is good. In a pre-Covid environment we maybe move Origi (£10m) and Shaqiri* (£15m) on and bring in a £30m player whose total wage packet is less than the combined wages of the aforementioned too.

"The best ability is availability" and if we can wean out a couple of the sick-notes in the above fashion it brings us that little bit closer.

*Love Shaqiri, sadly not fit often enough.

jozza800
21st January 2021, 10:21 AM
imagine klopp being forced to play jota

I don't think so not a chance lol

Yep, got to agree with Kev here. There's no way Klopp is being told what line up to put out.

LEGS
21st January 2021, 11:16 AM
Yep, got to agree with Kev here. There's no way Klopp is being told what line up to put out.

Agreed Klopp tried to get minutes in his legs.

It was a bad move and it back fired.

What was even more mad is those Danes were pretty dirty so surely you would take your best players off to avoid injury in a nothing match.

Along with the CBs that decision has probably cost us 3-4 more points.

Balinkay
21st January 2021, 11:22 AM

Not told per se... nudged in the right direction more like.

Steveo
21st January 2021, 01:16 PM
This kinda nudge? Like Alan imitating the snake in the garden of Eden...

@22 seconds if you can't watch all 29...

https://youtu.be/tCEjIzMDH-o

miller0863
21st January 2021, 03:12 PM
Absolute genius

Nineteenx
21st January 2021, 04:46 PM
Don't see why everyone's moaning, Jurgen saw an opportunity to try Jota with a couple of others and used it

Steveo
21st January 2021, 05:59 PM
https://youtu.be/m7SjXvuW43E

Nineteenx
1st February 2021, 08:56 AM
Jota's back soon isn't he? Going to be brilliant to have him back and have 4 top quality options up top again, may have to bide his time a little with Bobby looking like finding his best form with the developments in the team now Thiago's in midfield, pretty sure Jurgen will use all four in rotation, as far as potential super subs go, i think Jota is our most likely to be that player for us, he really watches the games incredibly intently when he's sub, looking how he can come on and make a difference when he does, for all their brilliance our long standing front 3 have never really made huge impacts from the bench

And for the record Steveo i am a huge fan of Jota, i watched a lot of Wolves games the last 2 seasons for that reason and pointed out, at some length that Jota was by far Wolves best attacker and by far the best suited to our set up, when the best new thing Emperors new clothes brigade were having a jizz fest over that lump Traore last season, i was probably the happiest and most enthusiastic of all of us that we signed him, and that hasn't changed

Insidious
1st February 2021, 09:56 AM
Don't see why everyone's moaning, Jurgen saw an opportunity to try Jota with a couple of others and used it

This the Midtjylland game?

Think the way the win bonuses are for the Champion's League we could have got anywhere between £2m and £4.5m for a win depending on a few things. Can't remember the figures but there are definitely incentives for wins in the group stage.

I still wanted us to rest people to prevent injury risk but it's history now - just have to get on. Can't wait to have him back!

Nineteenx
1st February 2021, 10:30 AM
This the Midtjylland game?

Think the way the win bonuses are for the Champion's League we could have got anywhere between £2m and £4.5m for a win depending on a few things. Can't remember the figures but there are definitely incentives for wins in the group stage.

I still wanted us to rest people to prevent injury risk but it's history now - just have to get on. Can't wait to have him back!

Not like Jurgen was to know the ref would let them kick the crap out of our lads was it, i thought he wanted to win like he does every game and give Jota more minutes with Mo

It's pretty funny here how people who regularly bash our players assume i'm doing the same when offering critique i got lots of crap accusing me of bashing Jota after the UAE FC game and what i was saying was nothing of the sort

Calling what i viewed as a poor tactical when UAE FC were there for the taking by moving Mane to left mid where he hasn't played and away from a CB new to the league he had on toast and leaving Jota, who i watched in several full games for 2 seasons up top when it was Mane's pace power directness and runs in behind their CB was really struggling against and Jota having spent 60-70% of most Wolves games occupying a LM/LAM position in their set up playing on the counter a lot, so obviously being a lot more experienced practiced and familai with playing the position and role the switch required than Mane was somehow me slagging Jota off

dicko1969
13th February 2021, 07:47 PM
Hopefully back soon

Nineteenx
22nd February 2021, 11:25 PM
Rumoured to be available for the Chelsea game so quite simply put him in for Bobby and comfortably win that and all our other remaining games including the Champions League again, really looking forward to it

Insidious
23rd February 2021, 12:20 AM
so quite simply put him in for Bobby and comfortably win that and all our other remaining games including the Champions League again, really looking forward to it

The Sid pills are highly recommended Nineteen, but I worry that you may have taken more than your allotted dose for the day. By any chance have you been taking the prescription of other users as well as your own?

toshin
24th February 2021, 04:22 PM
he really watches the games incredibly intently when he's sub, looking how he can come on and make a difference when he does, for all their brilliance our long standing front 3 have never really made huge impacts from the bench

How do you think he is the world's best at fifa!!

Anyway I feel the lad is a star, watched him for Portugal in the last few games and he definitely is the next clinical finisher after ronaldo.
Although I have to say Pedro neto is also looking mighty fine. can we get him too??

Nineteenx
24th February 2021, 04:56 PM
Jota's back in full first team training

Virgil Has progressed to some outdoor training with the ball too, i can feel No7 is on its way

Steveo
24th February 2021, 06:32 PM
Jota's back in full first team training

Virgil Has progressed to some outdoor training with the ball too, i can feel No7 is on its way

Bricking it we might actually do better while missing Hendo and with Jota coming back to fitness..

Don't worry dude - nobody will judge you :D

Come on lighten up

Nineteenx
24th February 2021, 06:48 PM
Bricking it we might actually do better while missing Hendo and with Jota coming back to fitness..

Don't worry dude - nobody will judge you :D

Come on lighten up

Bricking it? I'm absolutely delighted you muppet

Hopefully we can get our automation of doing everything we did so brilliantly for 3 seasons back when bringing Diogo back in, there was no need to change any of that to bring him in in the first place, I'm expecting him to score goals, lots of goals, he is a way better finisher and far more clinical than Bobby without question, it whether or not our play and automation has broken down too much to provide him with the chances as a result of the needless changes I'm a little concerned about if i'm honest

Remember you absolute slating and rubbishing of hendo's switches and balls over the top Steveo? I do, Remember you telling me how infinitely better Thiago was at both those types of passes? I do How's that worked out for you Steveo (I know a thing or 2 about this game)? Has he even played one to Hendo's standard so far or even one effective one for that matter? Erm let me think a second, just a second, oh yeah, NO ;)

Nineteenx
26th February 2021, 09:08 PM
Jurgen said he's looking VERY VERY good in training

Steveo
26th February 2021, 09:25 PM
Bricking it... :D

Nineteenx
26th February 2021, 11:50 PM
Bricking it... :D

Lol i'm as excited as Jurgen seems to be, 4 top quality forward to win games now, we need Thiago to find his passing, a run of games with Naby fit and keep Fab well away from midfield and we're in business

Steveo
27th February 2021, 12:10 AM
Mate, you do realise I am only joshing with you.

We need to find some wins - it’s been far too long. Any win - any way at all and we will take it.

Nineteenx
27th February 2021, 12:38 AM
Mate, you do realise I am only joshing with you.

We need to find some wins - it’s been far too long. Any win - any way at all and we will take it.

If someone miscues badly and it goes in off the defenders backside and we get a scrappy 1-0 we scarcely deserve i'll take it right now, better than being by far the better side and coming away with nowt as has been the case in too many games this season

ianlfc
28th February 2021, 09:59 AM
I think he'll be on the bench for the game this evening. And not a minute too soon.

dicko1969
1st March 2021, 12:27 AM
Illness ... ?

Nineteenx
1st March 2021, 01:06 AM
Yes illness, Jurgen very hopeful he'll be available for Chelsea, said he expects Alisson and Fabinho to be available for that game too

Nineteenx
6th March 2021, 11:48 PM
Needs a couple of goals v Fulham and I'm confident he won't disappoint, he has been hugely hyped for his handful of appearances and needs to repay that and live up to it by delivering goals on a consistent basis for the rest of the season, starting tomorrow

Insidious
7th March 2021, 12:45 AM
Needs a couple of goals v Fulham and I'm confident he won't disappoint, he has been hugely hyped for his handful of appearances and needs to repay that and live up to it by delivering goals on a consistent basis for the rest of the season, starting tomorrow

There's a few lads who need a goal. Firmino and Mane the obvious ones. Robertson doesn't necessarily need a goal, but by God, he could do with getting one of these shots of his on target.

Keita and Ox are both players that could use a belting performance, be it a start or from the bench.

Nineteenx
7th March 2021, 12:49 AM
There's a few lads who need a goal. Firmino and Mane the obvious ones. Robertson doesn't necessarily need a goal, but by God, he could do with getting one of these shots of his on target.

Keita and Ox are both players that could use a belting performance, be it a start or from the bench.

Robbo could do with our LFWD getting back to playing at LFWD, making the runs in behind, to go in behind or bring the ball down in front of the defender while he makes a simultaneous well timed run off the back of the midfield and can receive the ball in time and space to consider his ball in and to be stopped being played as a left winger

Nineteenx
7th March 2021, 05:42 PM
Great volley in today's game, some good link play in a 2 with Salah, disappointing on the left again when moved there for me, not sure why we didn't put Mane on the left and keep jota centre, his movements great and he'll make those runs through a defence camped on the edge of their area for Trent and Robbo to aim for, whereas Bobby rarely makes them or times them like Jota and Mo and Mane don't make those runs through the centre like Jota, they always look for it to feet and get crowded out, which Bobby does too much of too

miller0863
7th March 2021, 05:43 PM
Nothing about today’s set up and performance worked, absolutely nothing

Nineteenx
10th March 2021, 11:26 PM
Got an great assist in the end, but otherwise stank the place out totally tonight, missing an open goal when it was easier to score too, plus a couple more golden opportunities, it'll come, maybe a brace v Wolves ;)

Trick now is to keep what was brilliant tonight, lower line, LCM and RCM being switched on to cover Fabs forays forward and him understanding he can't go if they're both ahead of him, play our way into games bide our time, and keep looking forward and in interviews as well, not getting drawn into the last 5 or 6 games, insisting that were always only looking forward and can't affect what's already gone and focusing on each next game

Insidious
10th March 2021, 11:45 PM
Main thing for me is to keep him fit and to re-ignite his killer instinct for April.

The Champion's League is a strange Beast of a tournament and sometimes it's one really clinical half of Football that can win you a two-legged tie. Jota tore Atalanta apart and a fit-and-firing Diogo could be the difference between progression and not.

ianlfc
11th March 2021, 12:00 AM
I thought he played well , some of his link up play was really good but just has to improve his finishing which one doubt will come in the coming weeks.

ohcampione
11th March 2021, 12:01 AM
Main thing for me is to keep him fit and to re-ignite his killer instinct for April.

The Champion's League is a strange Beast of a tournament and sometimes it's one really clinical half of Football that can win you a two-legged tie. Jota tore Atalanta apart and a fit-and-firing Diogo could be the difference between progression and not.

very true Can see a lot of changes Monday night Milner/Jones/Origi/Bobby (if fit)/Kieta starting etc etc
Jotta defo needs to be nurtured now for key battles ahead

miller0863
11th March 2021, 12:03 AM
Going to need a few games to get up to speed, thought he was lively but touch, decision making, final ball and finishing were awful.

Nineteenx
11th March 2021, 12:07 AM
very true Can see a lot of changes Monday night Milner/Jones/Origi/Bobby (if fit)/Kieta starting etc etc
Jotta defo needs to be nurtured now for key battles ahead

No changes needed, we don't play again until Monday evening and after the game v Wolves we have 2 weeks off

Part of the reason we lost form was we had to keep making changes, changing things when we don't have to after an excellent win and performance would be absolutely mental

ohcampione
11th March 2021, 12:33 AM
No changes needed, we don't play again until Monday evening and after the game v Wolves we have 2 weeks off

Part of the reason we lost form was we had to keep making changes, changing things when we don't have to after an excellent win and performance would be absolutely mental

okay understand your post.
Can I ask the question then why our passing was crisp tonight unlike last Sunday and previous 6 or 7 matches. Was like watching a game in slow motion Sunday compared to speed of passing tonight. Wynaldum was rolling passes Sunday and tonight totally different. Dont use the Fabinho to midfield as an example please. Energy levels were higher as well tonight just like 1st leg but can't show it against the Burnley/Brighton/Blueshite/Fulham.

Nineteenx
11th March 2021, 12:47 AM
okay understand your post.
Can I ask the question then why our passing was crisp tonight unlike last Sunday and previous 6 or 7 matches. Was like watching a game in slow motion Sunday compared to speed of passing tonight. Wynaldum was rolling passes Sunday and tonight totally different. Dont use the Fabinho to midfield as an example please. Energy levels were higher as well tonight just like 1st leg but can't show it against the Burnley/Brighton/Blueshite/Fulham.

Different set up, deeper line, full backs timing their runs from deeper to arrive in space rather than one being played almost as a winger throughout, Jota's excellent movement, Jota and Mane interchanging between LFWD and No9, our press and counter press being focused in midfield and nicking it there rather than the final third, so when we won it, they have midfielders ahead of the ball and there are less players to try and play through

ohcampione
11th March 2021, 01:10 AM
Different set up, deeper line, full backs timing their runs from deeper to arrive in space rather than one being played almost as a winger throughout, Jota's excellent movement, Jota and Mane interchanging between LFWD and No9, our press and counter press being focused in midfield and nicking it there rather than the final third, so when we won it, they have midfielders ahead of the ball and there are less players to try and play through

They had to chase game tonight but take into account Chelsea game they didn't sit back and yet we were lethargic in our play for 90 mins. Think we have enough to go far in this competition but do you think we should put a lot of energy in chasing top 4 still in PL to qualify for CL or finish 5th or 6th to play thursday football. We have a lot of ground to make up and relying on results going our way at this stage to finish top 4. Want to win every game we play whether its pre season or carabo cup but game/player management is important now more than ever especially with a International Break which just brings its own problems with players

Nineteenx
11th March 2021, 06:02 AM
They had to chase game tonight but take into account Chelsea game they didn't sit back and yet we were lethargic in our play for 90 mins. Think we have enough to go far in this competition but do you think we should put a lot of energy in chasing top 4 still in PL to qualify for CL or finish 5th or 6th to play thursday football. We have a lot of ground to make up and relying on results going our way at this stage to finish top 4. Want to win every game we play whether its pre season or carabo cup but game/player management is important now more than ever especially with a International Break which just brings its own problems with players

The lads need rhythm through some continuity of selection and restoration of a lot of the automation and triggers for movement and more confidence from winning more games. The triggers for runs and movement might not be the same as i listed, they may vary and when there's time to work on the training pitch Jurgen may very well tweak them for different opponents, there were very encouraging signs in tonights game there has been some work on the automation and triggers already, not the same ones either, opposition specific, we looked like a Klopp Liverpool team. We want to win this competition and we can't just wrap the lads up in cotton wool and bring them out of their box for Champions League games to achieve that

Insidious
3rd April 2021, 10:55 PM
In absolutely predatory form right now. A couple more months of this would be insanely helpful if he can muster it.

ianlfc
3rd April 2021, 11:07 PM
Sitting on the bench busting too come on. Now that's what we want from a sub.

Nineteenx
3rd April 2021, 11:20 PM
Sitting on the bench busting too come on. Now that's what we want from a sub.

He is great when he starts, but he is also an absolutely superb super sub, the best we have in our forward line, there are those players, they're actually quite rare, who have the ability to watch the game from the bench incredibly intensely looking how and where they can come on and make a difference and then do just that when they do come on, and Jota is one of them

miller0863
3rd April 2021, 11:44 PM
Having to push to get top 4 will be beneficial for our Champions League assault. We will have to maintain our cutting edge right to the end whatever.

And for those saying we have to rely on others for top 4, no we don’t. We just have to win our remaining 8 fixtures, away at Leeds and Old Trafford our two difficult games to overcome. If we play to today’s level we win them both anyway. As for the Champions League who the hell knows, we could very well win No7, why not??

ianlfc
3rd April 2021, 11:46 PM
Having to push to get top 4 will be beneficial for our Champions League assault. We will have to maintain our cutting edge right to the end whatever.

And for those saying we have to rely on others for top 4, no we don’t. We just have to win our remaining 8 fixtures, away at Leeds and Old Trafford our two difficult games to overcome. If we play to today’s level we win them both anyway. As for the Champions League who the hell knows, we could very well win No7, why not??

As Jurgen has said, it's a mini league.
We'll shit them !!

miller0863
3rd April 2021, 11:49 PM
Looking like we are coming back into form at the right time, although those 3 dropped points at home to Fulham might just come home to haunt us, that was an inexcusable defeat.

ianlfc
3rd April 2021, 11:52 PM
Looking like we are coming back into form at the right time, although those 3 dropped points at home to Fulham might just come home to haunt us, that was an inexcusable defeat.

Forget about it mate, as you say we're back in form.
That tonight was impressive. .

miller0863
3rd April 2021, 11:57 PM
Aye, look forward to what we can affect. We can’t affect the past.

ianlfc
4th April 2021, 12:12 AM
Aye, look forward to what we can affect. We can’t affect the past.
And that's been a proper shitshow.
Real Madrid should be shitting themselves after tonight's performance, as both Mané and Bobby never showed up. And that's what can happen without them .

miller0863
4th April 2021, 12:15 AM
If Sadio starts scoring as well we really will be in business

ianlfc
4th April 2021, 12:19 AM
If Sadio starts scoring as well we really will be in business

My thoughts exactly.
I've watched the game in Munich again and Mane was unplayable that night. If he turns up again on Tuesday night, we win the game no doubt. He's unstoppable at that level.

miller0863
4th April 2021, 12:20 AM
My favourite goal in that run to the final was Sadio in Munich, couldn’t believe he’d scored that, absolutely brilliant.