PDA

View Full Version : Keeping Ole at the wheel

worldpanel
20th September 2020, 07:08 PM
Really important that we do our part to keep him in his job.
Excellent slow development of a beefcake centre back, well worth the 80 million quid spent.
Pogba showing his class too in keeping out of trouble in the main areas of the pitch.
Very unlucky against Palace, who are a top, top team

justme
20th September 2020, 07:10 PM
Really important that we do our part to keep him in his job.
Excellent slow development of a beefcake centre back, well worth the 80 million quid spent.
Pogba showing his class too in keeping out of trouble in the main areas of the pitch.
Very unlucky against Palace, who are a top, top team

He will be kept in the job for now.. because he will given the champions league.to show what he can't do.

RedNoodle
20th September 2020, 07:11 PM
Many of the natives are getting very restless. If there was some kind of effigy burning festival in Manchester I suspect that Woodward and Ole effigies would be two of those going up in flames.

worldpanel
20th September 2020, 07:51 PM
Many of the natives are getting very restless. If there was some kind of effigy burning festival in Manchester I suspect that Woodward and Ole effigies would be two of those going up in flames.

Noooo!
Very important for my health that he stays.
We should start some rally or protest OLM perhaps

worldpanel
21st September 2020, 02:33 PM
Keep Lindelof back there, stellar job in defence.
The next 5 games determines Ole's role as driver

Taksin
21st September 2020, 04:16 PM
Lingard also may improve this season and keep them higher up the table

justme
21st September 2020, 04:30 PM
A 95 year old great great grandma can turn quicker in her wheelchair than Slab head can on the pitch 80 MILLION :D :D

skyebo
21st September 2020, 04:38 PM
I'm sure Pochettino will be interested to see how their season goes.

justme
21st September 2020, 04:41 PM
I'm sure Pochettino will be interested to see how their season goes.
Its interesting how no club has gone in for Pochettino yet. He must be waiting for the Man-united job..

Balinkay
21st September 2020, 04:44 PM
Its interesting how no club has gone in for Pochettino yet. He must be waiting for the Man-united job..

I fear that too. Though I don't know how he'd get on with the structure there. Seems like a dude who wants a lot of control.

worldpanel
4th October 2020, 06:36 PM
Very unlucky today, showed great promise at 88 minutes to snatch something
4 more years Ole

worldpanel
9th December 2020, 04:08 PM
Our Ole needs to steer the ship at the weekend with a positive draw against his mighty rivals
Focusing on everything Europa is his modus from this point forward.
Do not sack Ole!

Joetan991
10th December 2020, 04:14 AM
I wish Man United table a 10 years contract to Ole next morning.

justme
4th June 2021, 10:51 AM
https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/54537777.jpg

;)

miller0863
4th June 2021, 11:23 AM
Oh come off it. Utd are way ahead of Liverpool in so many ways, ignore all the excuses coming out of Anfield, Utd are ahead.

Said Rio…..

Steveo
4th June 2021, 11:25 AM
Ahead in merchandising perhaps. ?

Always thought he just looked like a crack head - but recent statements do make you wonder

miller0863
4th June 2021, 11:50 AM
Merchandising possibly still but we have made great strides to close the gap.
Our marketing arm slept through the 80’s, 90’s and best part of the 0’s.
They have been all over it throughout, particularly since the Premier League era.

Nineteenx
4th June 2021, 04:29 PM
They HAVE to keep Ole at the wheel, I can't wait until next season, as for me they haven't improved as Ole and the ex Mancs pundits claim, I think they just benefitted hugely from being able to pick and play their best 11 and use their best 14 or 15 for almost every game in the entire season when many other clubs were a long way from having that luxury and the lesser sides with much smaller squads not only suffered injuries, but also suffered from the amount of games over such short periods of time with their players not at all used to that

skyebo
4th June 2021, 06:44 PM
Signed a 3 year extension hasn't he?

Nineteenx
2nd July 2021, 10:07 PM
So, they have landed Sancho, but they still don't have the players of sufficient quality in midfield to play as a 2 in a 4231 or to play a 433 with Pogba in midfield whose only any good in midfield in a 3 but still has too many defensive mistakes and too much strolling in him

What does Ole do? He'd have been better signing a top quality CM who can play in a 3 with McTominay and Pogba than spunking all his money on another forward

justme
24th July 2021, 12:56 PM
Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has signed a new deal with the club until 2024, with an option for a further year.

Keeping him at the wheel

TheDOC1979
25th July 2021, 11:15 AM
What’s with the “an option to extend” contracts recently?

worldpanel
15th September 2021, 01:23 PM
Another masterclass in coaching the team last night. Bring off your most influential players who have a tough game at West Ham in 5 days, so a good rest is necessary. Perfection in Astroturf (no clumps) mean that players get more tired on this surface, yep 100% agree with that Boss.
Playing at the Wankdorf will always be unsettling, as it's one of the most intimidating stadiums in the..er..Swiss region.
3 more years

miller0863
24th September 2021, 02:09 PM
Ole has been saying in his presser that Utd haven’t been getting as many penalties as they used to, before Jurgen said they were getting too many.

Well that’s worked perfectly Mr Klopp.

Sounds a bit desperate Ole, intimating you aren’t doing so well because Jurgen’s stopped a major source of goals for you, ie your cheating diving twat of a team “winning” a constant stream of soft penalties.

justme
24th September 2021, 02:13 PM
Fucking hate Ronaldo hes the worst diver in the league by a country mile..None of the so called pens he was after the other day were penalties.

ianlfc
24th September 2021, 04:38 PM
Ole has been saying in his presser that Utd haven’t been getting as many penalties as they used to, before Jurgen said they were getting too many.

Well that’s worked perfectly Mr Klopp.

Sounds a bit desperate Ole, intimating you aren’t doing so well because Jurgen’s stopped a major source of goals for you, ie your cheating diving twat of a team “winning” a constant stream of soft penalties.

I think the term "Rent free" is very apt with this one.

miller0863
24th September 2021, 05:29 PM
Yep

GizmoD12
24th September 2021, 05:33 PM
If ever stumbles on to the fact that varane and bailly would be excellent together he might save himself. Making slab head his captain was a huge mistake.

Insidious
24th September 2021, 07:58 PM

"There was a certain manager last year who was starting to worry about us getting pens and after that it seems like the decisions are more difficult to give. I've seen a big, big difference since then. We just have to leave it to the refs and hopefully they'll make the right calls very soon"

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

redebreck
24th September 2021, 08:30 PM
"There was a certain manager last year who was starting to worry about us getting pens and after that it seems like the decisions are more difficult to give. I've seen a big, big difference since then. We just have to leave it to the refs and hopefully they'll make the right calls very soon"

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaassssholes....

LEGS
24th September 2021, 09:48 PM
Well since Klopp said it United still had 50% more pens than us.

He is talking sh*t as usual.

huyrob
24th September 2021, 10:29 PM

Spot on

ianlfc
25th September 2021, 02:38 PM
He's a gift from the Gods 🤣🤣🤣

LFC-DPG
25th September 2021, 02:40 PM
Brilliant, moaned about not getting pen’s then they fluffed it.

Insidious
25th September 2021, 02:47 PM
Villarreal (H)
Everton (H)
Leicester City (A)
Atalanta (H)
Liverpool (H)
Tottenham (A)
Atalanta (A)
Manchester City (H)

It was fun while it lasted, but the coming run of fixtures could kill him off unless they sharpen up.

Insidious
26th September 2021, 10:37 AM
Not a huge fan of Villa fans, but seeing them outside Old Trafford taking the piss of Ronaldo's "Siiiiii" celebration provided a wry chuckle.

miller0863
26th September 2021, 12:01 PM
Utd were worse than us yesterday, Villa could and probably should have been 3-0 up by halftime.

Joetan991
26th September 2021, 12:05 PM
In Ole I trust, Ole forever for Man United. Please...

eggy81
26th September 2021, 12:30 PM
Utd were worse than us yesterday, Villa could and probably should have been 3-0 up by halftime.

United look worse than us pretty much every week even when they win. Main reason being they have no coherent style of play. All individuals trying stuff. Even yesterday in a performance riddled with errors we look like a team at the very least.

LEGS
26th September 2021, 12:50 PM
United look worse than us pretty much every week even when they win. Main reason being they have no coherent style of play. All individuals trying stuff. Even yesterday in a performance riddled with errors we look like a team at the very least.

Correct it is individual players getting them out the mess as they have no real style.

They will comfortably be in the top 4 still and hopefully that is enough to keep him at the wheel a bit longer.

miller0863
26th September 2021, 03:26 PM
Early doors but City look like they are going to be very difficult to finish above again this season.
Our midfield needs a complete overhaul, I know we all want another forward but we haven’t exactly struggled to score this season, apart from against Chelsea’s rearguard action at Anfield.

Nineteenx
27th September 2021, 09:28 PM
Early doors but City look like they are going to be very difficult to finish above again this season.
Our midfield needs a complete overhaul, I know we all want another forward but we haven’t exactly struggled to score this season, apart from against Chelsea’s rearguard action at Anfield.

We need Bissouma really, a player who is very good in the press and counter press, who is an actual midfielder who reads the game very well and can play the controller role or at No6, it would make all the difference

Jurgen's tactics at breaking Chelsea down left A LOT to be desired, an entire 50 minutes of keeping Mo wide right with Trent lurking inside behind him and never once deviating from that made defending for an entire half with 10 men incredibly easy for them

Nineteenx
27th September 2021, 09:31 PM
They should give him a 10 year deal, super sub Ole, always happy to settle for being second best as a player and simply doesn't inspire a group of players who a proper experienced manager could whip into a very good outfit

Insidious
28th September 2021, 09:08 AM
They should give him a 10 year deal, super sub Ole, always happy to settle for being second best as a player and simply doesn't inspire a group of players who a proper experienced manager could whip into a very good outfit

Can foresee it becoming a bit like the England job rotation. With England, it's a foreign, tactical Manager then when it doesn't work out, get an English, steady-Eddie "yes man" in.

With Man United it will be someone meek who those at the top feel they can control (Moyes, Solskjaer) broken up by Johnny Foreigner who does things their way regardless (Van Gaal, Mourinho).

They have a decent enough side that someone (Conte?) could get a tune out of for a season or two, before an inevitable burn-out, forcing them to get in someone who "understands the club" for a bit afterwards when they start whining about their team not being pacey wingers and youngsters.

The predictability of it would be rather boring if their current stagnation didn't provide so many wry chuckles at their false dawns.

skyebo
28th September 2021, 11:12 AM
There's only Fernandes who would improve our first team from their squad. Most of the others are overpriced overpaid and overrated. If they win nothing again this season, Solskjaer will be out. Then the recycling of players will begin again, don't you just love it.

miller0863
29th September 2021, 08:47 PM
Utd have been absolutely dire in the first half, should be at least 2 down at home to Villarreal

eggy81
29th September 2021, 09:14 PM
This is bad

Joetan991
29th September 2021, 09:19 PM
Playing Pogba and Bruno together at least u can see them releasing 20-30 super magic eye catching I wanne be super star passing ended up with nothing. It's so bad 🤣

miller0863
29th September 2021, 09:58 PM
It’s pretty much always happened that way. Even when they are as utterly woeful as tonight and the opposition should be out of sight, they somehow manage to scrape the most undeserved of victories.
Always been that way and still is.

Nineteenx
29th September 2021, 09:59 PM
Late late Ronaldo winner at Old Toilet, fantastic for keeping Ole at the wheel, they were absolute shite and ROnaldo was invisible for almost the entire game, then in the 95th minutes a poor across is put back in his direction, Lingard gets a touch on it to Ronaldo before falling over and blocking the keepers line of sight and obstructing him to prevent him saving Ronaldo's relatively tame late effort

Not how you'll see it reported by Sky and the rest of the media, but mine's an accurate summary of the goal, still, such little moments that will get massively overhyped by our media will keep Ole at the wheel, so all good in my book

Steveo
29th September 2021, 10:00 PM
Ronaldo is a phenomenon though.

Joetan991
29th September 2021, 10:56 PM
Like this moment, they r so bad but still manage to get some things to safe Ole. As long as Ole in charge I'm not worried

skyebo
29th September 2021, 11:01 PM
Like this moment, they r so bad but still manage to get some things to safe Ole. As long as Ole in charge I'm not worried
Make the most of it, they won't keep him forever, especially if they play like they did tonight. Villareal deserved at least a point. Ronaldo was anonymous for most of it.

Insidious
29th September 2021, 11:12 PM

Still convinced that Ronaldo was a "perfect" signing - but moreso for their rivals than for them, counter-intuitive as it sounds.

He's so damned good that he will notch up plenty of goals. The problem is it takes development time/playing time in general from other forwards and that these goals mask deficiencies elsewhere.

He's as close to a guarantee as you can get (in terms of the goals column and scoring winners) to secure the 66-78 points they'll need to finish in the Top Four. His presence will help them ride on a crest of optimism until February or so.

But is the capture of Ronaldo what takes them to that NEXT level of 79-92 points? I don't see it. A harder-working forward, genuine defensive midfielder and some quality coaching would have been the better route for their long-term improvement, but they were unable to resist the short-term, fan appeasement crap. He may be a higher standard of player, but it's the Falcao/Di Maria/Sanchez/Ibrahimovic/Cavani situation all over again. Even the time it came off (Van Persie) was a short-term solution.

Systems of play, patterns, data analytics and being better than the sum of your parts just aren't how they do things and in a World where sides are increasingly out-thought, their refusal to evolve is an endless source of amusement.

Their constant recruiting of individual talents, willingness to spend big on wages, their big stadium, years of commercial deals and having plenty of players out there who grew up supporting mean they aren't going to "go away" any time soon and the right Manager could squeeze a League or Champion's League out of them if a few things fell their way but they need a massive rethink if they ever want to build a Dynasty again.

fiordearg
29th September 2021, 11:44 PM
Ronaldo will get them goals in games they scarcely deserve to be in. If that keeps them in the hunt they will be dangerous

Joetan991
30th September 2021, 03:20 AM
No way Ole way can get something from the big match, they still will win some small game to secure Ole position but with their Key player age, Ronaldo at 36 Cavani at 34, there is no way they can play a 90 mins pressing game, which is a trend now to win a big game.

Building up your team with those 500-600k wages/week players are not healthy at all, the whole wages structure, dressing room, youth set up will be destroyed.

Ole in the press conference said Lingard is the player for the future. 28 years old for the future? what the hell is that? but imaging u have 34 and 36 years old as a first team, u could understand his meaning.

eggy81
30th September 2021, 08:28 AM
Still convinced that Ronaldo was a "perfect" signing - but moreso for their rivals than for them, counter-intuitive as it sounds.

He's so damned good that he will notch up plenty of goals. The problem is it takes development time/playing time in general from other forwards and that these goals mask deficiencies elsewhere.

He's as close to a guarantee as you can get (in terms of the goals column and scoring winners) to secure the 66-78 points they'll need to finish in the Top Four. His presence will help them ride on a crest of optimism until February or so.

But is the capture of Ronaldo what takes them to that NEXT level of 79-92 points? I don't see it. A harder-working forward, genuine defensive midfielder and some quality coaching would have been the better route for their long-term improvement, but they were unable to resist the short-term, fan appeasement crap. He may be a higher standard of player, but it's the Falcao/Di Maria/Sanchez/Ibrahimovic/Cavani situation all over again. Even the time it came off (Van Persie) was a short-term solution.

Systems of play, patterns, data analytics and being better than the sum of your parts just aren't how they do things and in a World where sides are increasingly out-thought, their refusal to evolve is an endless source of amusement.

Their constant recruiting of individual talents, willingness to spend big on wages, their big stadium, years of commercial deals and having plenty of players out there who grew up supporting mean they aren't going to "go away" any time soon and the right Manager could squeeze a League or Champion's League out of them if a few things fell their way but they need a massive rethink if they ever want to build a Dynasty again.

Ha barley moved last night. The quality for the goal was brilliant though. Perfect knock down and move for the return. You knew when it got to him even at that angle it was hitting the back of the net

Steveo
30th September 2021, 08:37 AM
Goal scorer. Absolute goal machine. If you want to be serial winners - you need one of these.

Insidious
30th September 2021, 11:41 AM
Ha barley moved last night. The quality for the goal was brilliant though. Perfect knock down and move for the return. You knew when it got to him even at that angle it was hitting the back of the net

Oh he's insane in front of goal, no doubt - a killer.

He'll rescue them often, hopefully keep Ole in a job, continue to invoke the nostalgiagasms to "the Glory Days" and grab headlines often enough to paper over the cracks. "The Dark Side of the force shrouds everything" and provided they don't win the Premium League or Champion's League I'm quite glad he's there. Their policy of going for the "name" over the system will delay their capacity to reach their fullest potential and that is good for everyone else as they continue to evolve.

eggy81
30th September 2021, 12:11 PM
Oh he's insane in front of goal, no doubt - a killer.

He'll rescue them often, hopefully keep Ole in a job, continue to invoke the nostalgiagasms to "the Glory Days" and grab headlines often enough to paper over the cracks. "The Dark Side of the force shrouds everything" and provided they don't win the Premium League or Champion's League I'm quite glad he's there. Their policy of going for the "name" over the system will delay their capacity to reach their fullest potential and that is good for everyone else as they continue to evolve.

Yep. It’s hard to believe everyone can see it bad the people in charge at united. If you were trying to slow their progress you couldn’t plan it better.

TheDOC1979
30th September 2021, 12:34 PM
Goal scorer. Absolute goal machine. If you want to be serial winners - you need one of these.

I’d have taken Luis back. He’s that kind of player that will get you goals and has the right winning mentality. Regardless of what he’s done against us, still one of my all time favourite strikers

justme
30th September 2021, 12:37 PM
I will happily stick with Jota if he scores regular.. which is has done so far. I wouldnt take Suarez back. the whole thing would be about him again. He would play act all the time.

toshin
30th September 2021, 01:01 PM
I'm glad city didn't get him.

Their possession and chance creation only seems to end with goals against weak teams
They dominated psg and yet....

LEGS
30th September 2021, 01:03 PM
Ronaldo will probably be like Zlatan and grab them 25-30 goals.

Their issue will be against the big teams if they give them 5-6 clear shots at goal you’d expect a PSG/City/Bayern to score two of them at least.

As Steveo says though he is pretty much nailed on to score goals just like Kane is but if you have an ok defence and poor midfield you aren’t going to challenge for the big trophies we had that under Brendan with Suarez/Sterling/Sturridge/Coutinho but our defence, midfield and GK weren’t good enough.

Nineteenx
1st October 2021, 02:40 AM
I'm glad city didn't get him.

Their possession and chance creation only seems to end with goals against weak teams
They dominated psg and yet....

Watching the highlights City would have beaten them last season with their old keeper, a couple of the chances City had would definitely have seen him beaten, Donnarumma made sure that didn't happen, with 2 or 3 brilliant saves

Nineteenx
1st October 2021, 02:44 AM
Yep. It’s hard to believe everyone can see it bad the people in charge at united. If you were trying to slow their progress you couldn’t plan it better.

You only have to look at Pogba for France and Juve and Sancho for Dortmund and see the difference in their levels at the filthy to know Ole is not a manager who inspires players and has the capability to get the very best out of them

faridtoxteth
1st October 2021, 12:17 PM
They just don't look like they've been coached in a coherent way. Who does the coaching at old trafford actually.? Would you say that good coaching is just about having good tactical understanding and developing drills accordingly,or is individual man management a part of that.
Whenever I look on line at Liverpool train sessions, where cameras are given access, they seem to put a lot of emphasis on rondos and do it a lot. I think for many clubs that kind of training is a bit of light relief at the end of a session, but for us you can see it is a huge integral part of the game we bring to the pitch. we are able to keep possession in tight areas and suffocate teams in their own half.

Nineteenx
2nd October 2021, 07:25 PM
ANother fine result to keep Ole at the wheel for another 5 seasons today ;)

CCTV
2nd October 2021, 09:51 PM
At this rate Ole could scupper Klopps move to barca

Joetan991
3rd October 2021, 12:59 AM
Ronaldo is the great problem of Ole now, I guess Ole is the last person who want Ronaldo to be in the squad.

1) U can not build a team with 34 and 36 yrs old striker.
2) Man U wasn't looking for the striker until Man city approach him, they have plenty of young talented strikers and Cavani.
3) How can Ole manage Ronaldo, he is not Klopp. He need to make Ronaldo happy, and his fans happy.
4) Ronaldo play the pressing game at his age, consider EPL need a high pressing start from the strikers, whole team slow down.
5) Salary structure, 500k/week, players play Pogba will request at this rate if he sign extension.

In short, Ronaldo is a short term solution which create more problem for him to find solution.

miller0863
3rd October 2021, 01:25 AM
Absolutely young Joe.

ianlfc
3rd October 2021, 08:09 AM
Ronaldo is the great problem of Ole now, I guess Ole is the last person who want Ronaldo to be in the squad.

1) U can not build a team with 34 and 36 yrs old striker.
2) Man U wasn't looking for the striker until Man city approach him, they have plenty of young talented strikers and Cavani.
3) How can Ole manage Ronaldo, he is not Klopp. He need to make Ronaldo happy, and his fans happy.
4) Ronaldo play the pressing game at his age, consider EPL need a high pressing start from the strikers, whole team slow down.
5) Salary structure, 500k/week, players play Pogba will request at this rate if he sign extension.

In short, Ronaldo is a short term solution which create more problem for him to find solution.

100% correct Joe. But you'll not get a Man utd supporter to agree with you on all this !!

Insidious
3rd October 2021, 09:44 AM
ANother fine result to keep Ole at the wheel for another 5 seasons today ;)

They need a win against Leicester as a buffer in case we beat them - can't have them all wanting him out!

justme
16th October 2021, 04:51 PM
Beep Beep

teesred
16th October 2021, 04:53 PM
Ronaldo........I mean Ronaldont.

Joetan991
16th October 2021, 05:01 PM
Ole will blame management who sign Ronaldo, someone other club try their best to get rid

buck3y3nut
16th October 2021, 05:10 PM
Ronaldo........I mean Ronaldont.

Was he even playing today? Completely invisible!!!

LFC vs PFC
16th October 2021, 05:26 PM
Ole has triumphed where many better managers have failed. He's managed to find a way to stop Ronaldo scoring.

*shamelessly nicked from the BBC page.

Nineteenx
16th October 2021, 11:49 PM
Regardless of what happens in their Champions League game and against us, I think Ole just needs more time as he has change his system to a 433 this season and it will take time for the players to play it at the level required and for the one man team Ronaldo to hit his very best form

worldpanel
24th October 2021, 07:09 PM
Worth a bump

Lee
24th October 2021, 07:21 PM
Steve Bruce is available if they decide they need a change. He also has the ManU at heart.

Nineteenx
24th October 2021, 07:33 PM
I think UTD had an absolutely disastrous transfer window, they needed a midfielder, a Bissouma or N'Didi. Fred and McTominay aren't good enough, Maguire isn't anywhere near the quality of a top CB, Wan Bissaka isn't anywhere the quality of a top RB, this is what happens with the filthy though and English players in general to be honest, the media hype up players they buy, especially English ones far in excess of their actual ability, Varane has mistakes in him too, he was a stupid needless signing. they didn't need ROnaldo either

De Gea

New RB New CB New CB Shaw

DM Pogba DM

Smalling Cavani Rashford

That's what they needed

Taksin
24th October 2021, 07:37 PM
My original demise thesis that they don’t know what they’re doing in the transfer market stands

Nineteenx
24th October 2021, 07:41 PM
sadly, Ole is absolute toast, this shower with Ole at the wheel could easily lose all of their next 8 fixtures

eggy81
24th October 2021, 07:47 PM
I like the way we eased off at 5. The lads know the craic.

Steveo
24th October 2021, 07:51 PM
What a fooking fantastic manager our Jurgen is. Watch him post match. Nails it. So grounded, so balanced and so utterly brilliant

Insidious
24th October 2021, 07:54 PM
What a fooking fantastic manager our Jurgen is. Watch him post match. Nails it. So grounded, so balanced and so utterly brilliant

He's utterly fantastic.

So grateful he's ours.

If he wants a year off at the end of his contract I'd have us pay him a year's wages so he can have a proper break, with the caveat being that he comes back to manage us for another spell.

There's no-one better for us right now.

Insidious
25th October 2021, 04:34 PM
Man United have cancelled all appointments and media interviews today apparently.

This might be it lads.

The Elves of Lothlorien had best write a beautiful lament.

Taksin
25th October 2021, 04:39 PM
I’m struggling to think of any manager they could appoint at the moment who would be intimidating.

If they get Frank in then I think they’ll be in business but someone like Mancini and we could easily be back to square one again

LEGS
25th October 2021, 04:41 PM
Well if it is the end that is last two prick managers of them we have finished off.

We know what Mourinho is like but Ole is a spiteful shithead too look last year.

Flung the game against Leicester which ironically cost em the title in order to stop us getting in CL.

CCTV
25th October 2021, 05:01 PM
Well if it is the end that is last two prick managers of them we have finished off.

We know what Mourinho is like but Ole is a spiteful shithead too look last year.

Flung the game against Leicester which ironically cost em the title in order to stop us getting in CL.

Cost them the title, which title ?

Pogba is the biggest problem at that club, their fans love him though which is great. A big lumpy ozil

worldpanel
25th October 2021, 05:07 PM
Man United have cancelled all appointments and media interviews today apparently.

This might be it lads.

The Elves of Lothlorien had best write a beautiful lament.

Time to possibly change my Avatar again....Pogba be ready

Insidious
25th October 2021, 05:12 PM

Whilst it would never, ever have happened given the lead City had, it was still mathematically possible for Man United to win the League.

They prioritised trying to ensure we didn't get Champion's League football over their own success.

LEGS
25th October 2021, 05:27 PM

Pogba is the biggest problem at that club, their fans love him though which is great. A big lumpy ozil

I meant mathmatically gave it up without a fight.

He knew what he was doing trying to be clever but karma is a bastard isnt it.

We wont have forgot that.

CCTV
25th October 2021, 05:36 PM
I meant mathmatically gave it up without a fight.

He knew what he was doing trying to be clever but karma is a bastard isnt it.

We wont have forgot that.

Ah right.

Yeah he definitely tried his best to get Leicester in ahead of us.

justme
25th October 2021, 05:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jzJIPsdWDw

They hold a tune well

Steveo
25th October 2021, 05:55 PM
Must be the biggest cut of all for Rio Ferdinand. Wasn't it his phrase?

faridtoxteth
25th October 2021, 07:41 PM
Conte fancies it doesn't he, but the owners will be very wary of someone like him, a law unto himself.
I thought from the first day that Ronaldo came back that in the back of his mind he was seeing himself as player /manager or manager.

ianlfc
25th October 2021, 08:04 PM
Conte fancies it doesn't he, but the owners will be very wary of someone like him, a law unto himself.
I thought from the first day that Ronaldo came back that in the back of his mind he was seeing himself as player /manager or manager.

I've said that as well.

Nineteenx
25th October 2021, 08:07 PM
Last season, albeit assisted by VAR to some degree and the introduction of using the word subjective as an excuse for plain wrong decisions that all other instances of were given the polar opposite the filthy did make considerable improvements

They did have a game plan, it wasn't based almost entirely on counter attacking as Neville suggested, it was direct at times, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with that

I genuinely believe the signings of Ronaldo and Varane were ridiculous and seem to have completely derailed the progress Ole had made

This was their plan before those signings

De Gea

Wan Bissaka Lindelof Maguire Shaw

McTominay Fred

Greenwood Fernandes Rashford

Cavani

Not the best, but it was working for them and a lot better than things have worked since those 2 signings whose coming into the club seems to have an incredibly detrimental effect on numerous other players, both in the short term and in their long term development, they added Sancho as a very good option to play left or right, Martial has been pretty decent for them there, Lingaard does ok there and they have a couple of very promising other young lads, so fuck knows why they gave Mata a new contract.

They really needed another number 9 who presses and leads the line quite aggressively like Cavani

They should have got shut of Pogba too, he's been nothing but an incredibly disruptive influence since he arrived there, he doesn't fit that system, but, because Rashford, Greenwood, Martial and Sancho are all forwards who with coaching could operate like ours, their plan B or plan A for some games could have been

De Gea

Wan Bissaka Lindelof Maguire Shaw

McTominay Pogba Fred

Greenwood Fernandes Rashford

Cb wise they already had Bailly, their very own Carragher in Jones and Tuanzebe who has looked decent when they used him to be fair, no need to sign Varane at all, and if they were to bring in a big name defender for big money and wage Koulibaly would have cost less in wages and is a miles better defender than Varane who always has a mistake in him and he's equally comfortable playing LCB or RCB which most CBs aren't

Their fans should cut Ole some slack because I'm quite sure their board is mostly responsible for the signings of ROnaldo and Varane, it's fucked everything up for them and neither are what they needed with the other players they have

Nineteenx
26th October 2021, 12:36 AM
Sadly I think he's going to get sacked before the week is out, which will bring even further embarrassment on him after his ''If you want to play at this club, it has to mean more. I want my team to be the hardest working team in this league. I’m going to be successful here, and there are players here that won’t be part of that successful team. I've said this as well, I want them to be the hardest-working team in the league, that's what we were under Sir Alex.'' speech

He said this 2 and a half years ago and currently has the laziest, least hard working side in the entire league

Although, in a way, he has been successful, in becoming a laughing stock and making his club a laughing stock at least. I spent hours and almost all of Sunday's game laughing my head of at just how easy it was for us to score our goals and at all the fall out on SSN through the night

Nineteenx
26th October 2021, 08:49 AM
I think today might be the day unfortunately, got SSN on expecting a 'Breaking news' about it to scroll across the bottom of the screen any minute

Insidious
26th October 2021, 08:59 AM
I think today might be the day unfortunately, got SSN on expecting a 'Breaking news' about it to scroll across the bottom of the screen any minute

Maybe.

International break soon though - think they would have Spurs, Atalanta and Man City, then the break.

Think they lose to City and then he goes that day or early the following morning, with the replacement brought in.

By the time City play that match they'll have got a number of tough away days out of their system - they'll be very hard to stop, as they always are. Hopefully Manchester Reds can gift us one that day.

Nineteenx
26th October 2021, 09:06 AM
Maybe.

International break soon though - think they would have Spurs, Atalanta and Man City, then the break.

Think they lose to City and then he goes that day or early the following morning, with the replacement brought in.

By the time City play that match they'll have got a number of tough away days out of their system - they'll be very hard to stop, as they always are. Hopefully Manchester Reds can gift us one that day.

You could be right, if he is to be sacked, which seems certain, it would be great for it to be off the back of a drubbing by us as it was for Mourinho and particularly after his shithouse stunt trying to prevent us getting into the Champions like last season giving Leicester a free hit, their bitterness backfired on them two fold on that one, we bummed them and got Champions League despite crippling injuries and Leicester had a point to prove after everyone said they gifted them a win last season ;)

Backfired on them signing Ronaldo to stop him going to a rival too, highly reminiscent of their signing of Sanchez

Red October
26th October 2021, 09:21 AM

I think it was Johnny Giles a season or two back when ole was going okay who said he needs to get rid of pogba. The interviewer was shocked. Johnny knows his football.

justme
26th October 2021, 11:20 AM
"rumours" apaprently some of their board want Ole sacked and Feergie as had his say and he wants Solskjær to given the Spurs game. I love how old whiskey nose keeps interfering. Apparently he also made Ronaldo come back to them.
He has to much say and long may it continue.

skyebo
26th October 2021, 11:34 AM
"rumours" apaprently some of their board want Ole sacked and Feergie as had his say and he wants Solskjær to given the Spurs game. I love how old whiskey nose keeps interfering. Apparently he also made Ronaldo come back to them.
He has to much say and long may it continue.
Why does he want him to get the Spurs game ?. Surely he won't be expecting 3 points there.

justme
26th October 2021, 11:40 AM
No idea its a bizarre situation

CCTV
26th October 2021, 11:50 AM
I think it was Johnny Giles a season or two back when ole was going okay who said he needs to get rid of pogba. The interviewer was shocked. Johnny knows his football.

Souness, Giles and Keane have all slated him for much the same reasons.

LEGS
26th October 2021, 11:55 AM
Why does he want him to get the Spurs game ?. Surely he won't be expecting 3 points there.

No but Ole does tend to pick up some big results and there is nothing to stop United winning at Spurs.

The issues are easy to see you have two pricks running the dressing room CR and Pogba and Souness got battered when he slagged Pogba off too.

The other is Ole just isnt good enough he managed Molde and barely a year at Cardiff then lands the United job.

Conte would improve their shape and organisation straight away but he will also upset some of them too he doesnt f**k about.

Daffydd
26th October 2021, 01:30 PM

To deny us the scalp of another Utd manager? Or hoping that the new manager bounce will kick in against City?

CCTV
26th October 2021, 05:34 PM
No but Ole does tend to pick up some big results and there is nothing to stop United winning at Spurs.

The issues are easy to see you have two pricks running the dressing room CR and Pogba and Souness got battered when he slagged Pogba off too.

The other is Ole just isnt good enough he managed Molde and barely a year at Cardiff then lands the United job.

Conte would improve their shape and organisation straight away but he will also upset some of them too he doesnt f**k about.

Think he needs to beat spurs, atalanta and get a draw or narrow loss v City.
Otherwise he might be gone during the international break.

Pogbas a huge issue for them imo, so are their bunch of forwards who are just downright lazy.

Guess they'll be looking at zz as well, knows how to setup a side with Ronaldo and he might get pogba on board for a short while.

ianlfc
26th October 2021, 06:33 PM
Still hard to believe they spent £80 million on Harry Maguire.

Steveo
26th October 2021, 07:01 PM
I was told he was a “Rolls Royce of a player” by a United fan dad at my sons footy team. :D

skyebo
26th October 2021, 08:51 PM
I was told he was a “Rolls Royce of a player” by a United fan dad at my sons footy team. :D
Maybe he meant thats what they should have paid for him, the price of a Rolls Royce.

worldpanel
26th October 2021, 08:52 PM
Has he gone yet ? Can't believe he's still here.
Leeds fans singing Ole's at the wheel !!

Nineteenx
26th October 2021, 08:56 PM

Although just 19 years old now, it is an absolute insult to the lad to compare Gravenberch to Pogba in any way shape of form, the lad's miles better in every way and works his bollocks off too and I for one really hope for a double midfield signing of Gravenberch and Bellingham before the start of next season

Nineteenx
26th October 2021, 08:57 PM

Probably to stop us claiming another filthy manager's scalp

Nineteenx
26th October 2021, 09:30 PM
They can't even use the new and much welcome directive on going down far too easy looking for fouls and there needing to be actual meaningful contact as an excuse either, they did loads of that, it looked like they spent an awful lot of time in training practicing that instead of playing football to be perfectly frank, but Grealish was the worst offender for that in the entire league and he's been doing alright since the change

Nineteenx
28th October 2021, 08:24 PM
To deny us the scalp of another Utd manager? Or hoping that the new manager bounce will kick in against City?

I think Old Fergie suffers somewhat from a lack of self awareness to be honest, although he had Gill terrorising and relegating any official who awarded correct decisions that offended him by costing them points for 3 or 4 seasons, and although officials like Clattenberg and others have come out very openly and said they did favour them (The filthy) and were harsh in their decision making against their fiercest rivals, I honestly don't think Fergie understands that although he did put together some very good sides, him being their manager really did benefit them to the tune of 9-15 points a season and also the decisions they received in domestic cups games and with misconduct and suspension.

He needs a bit of a reality check, football has changed an awful lot and for the better since he was a manager, it doesn't matter if he has Mike Riley his man in the referees association and many in the FA and Premier League who would still, if they could, make sure the mantra he instilled in them of "When United do well, we all do all" to be the beneficiary of at least 2 decades of highly preferential treatment.

The Premier League doesn't need any club to be constantly doing well, clubs have their spell at the top, another club or clubs will emerge and have their spell and the market mechanisms of worldwide broadcasting and new fans following the new next best thing as so many do will only serve to increase the number of millions worldwide who follow the Premier League, it's how it works AND that is a huge part of what makes the Premier League THE most exciting and financially lucrative league in world football, it is the nature of new teams and managers and different styles of play, more exciting style of play evolving and the level of competition throughout the top six to eight clubs that makes it so lucrative

English football including the national team and the Premier League suffer from making strenuous attempts to prop one side up at the top of the pile for 20 years, they do worse from propping one side up, from not letting the natural and inevitable market mechanisms run their course - They need to find, they undoubtedly all already know who they are, all of those within all the organisations who are still fooled and seduced by Fergie's old mantra and remove them

'When there is fair and even competition for all teams to do as well as they can on their own merits, we all do well' is actually a correct mantra that The refs association, The FA and The Premier League should follow and appear to have been following so far this season, it makes the Premier League a better product, it's better for the English national team and it is more lucrative for all concerned, and best of all, it's honest

ianlfc
28th October 2021, 10:09 PM
Fergie seems to still have huge influence and the very fact he's still backing Ole, add in him help bring Ronaldo back is making him look like an old fool. As 19x more or less says, it's payback time !!

redebreck
28th October 2021, 11:31 PM
'When there is fair and even competition for all teams to do as well as they can on their own merits, we all do well' is actually a correct mantra that The refs association, The FA and The Premier League should follow and appear to have been following so far this season, it makes the Premier League a better product, it's better for the English national team and it is more lucrative for all concerned, and best of all, it's honest

LOL
No corruption or bias whatsoever!?

Joetan991
29th October 2021, 01:29 AM
To be honest, I somehow feel happy to see Chelsea and Man city to get rich, I really hate those SAF monopoly EPL time, everyone have to listen to him.

Nineteenx
29th October 2021, 02:49 AM
LOL
No corruption or bias whatsoever!?

There was a considerable amount last season, we all know that, I still think our owners were seen as the ring leaders of the proposed ESL and that's why we got it so bad, but they seem to have been very very good this season across the board, in all honesty we got away with 2 v City I was astonished they didn't give, I thought Ronaldo's and Maguire's a OT were both reds, but giving a yellow for something that was arguably a red or not giving a second yellow against a team at home, well, I think we're always going to get a bit of that.

The FA want the national side to do very well, for that to happen they have taken considerable steps this season in my opinion, they've stopped giving the numerous soft free kicks that should never be a foul every game to stop the players diving all over the place - They've stopped the bias in reffing and VAR on the evidence so far, I can handle them not sending off Maguire and Ronaldo at their home ground when both were debatable to some degree, that's only home fan bias, which we got the benefit of v City, and I wish Pogba hadn't lamped Naby, because it ruined the game.

It is also in the best interests of the national side for there not to be bias that adversely effects the aspirations of sides in which national team players are aspiring to get European football, or playing in European football, Rice is one benefitting from that playing European football this season for example

Insidious
29th October 2021, 08:34 AM
To be honest, I somehow feel happy to see Chelsea and Man city to get rich, I really hate those SAF monopoly EPL time, everyone have to listen to him.

Mmmm......depending on us, it may not be too long before we see a decade where all 10 League titles are shared between those 2 clubs.

As much as there's an upside to there being a couple of obstacles to their lot winning League titles (which gives us time to prepare an assault on equalling the 20-times record and then hopefully going out in front again) we don't want to find ourselves getting 97-points and it not being enough again, particularly post-Klopp.

LEGS
29th October 2021, 10:16 AM

That is the negative way of looking at it.

Without them having all that money we probably have 2-3 more titles.

Yeah it was sh*t seeing them win everything but as we now know Ferguson held them together so this would be our turn with Klopp instead we have these 2 soon to be 3 pricks buying trophies.

Steveo
29th October 2021, 11:12 AM
Yep 3 now - Newcastle will be winning titles before you know it.

vin
29th October 2021, 11:45 AM
West Ham having money chucked at them too

ianlfc
29th October 2021, 01:17 PM
Yep 3 now - Newcastle will be winning titles before you know it.

As long as we're also winning things I don't see the problem. It's not as if we're expected to win everything every year. No one can do that.
Just enjoy the ride we're on st the minute and who knows what tomorrow brings.

justme
29th October 2021, 01:21 PM
Newcastle will have the same problem has anyone else. Like Man-united for instance. they still gotta win games ON the pitch..The top 10 teams of this league are very strong even teams below cause issues for the top clubs. If Newcastle can beat Man-city Liverpool Chelsea home and anyway and win other matches. then they will be rightly considered a challenger. its easy saying it than doing it.

ianlfc
29th October 2021, 01:27 PM
Newcastle will have the same problem has anyone else. Like Man-united for instance. they still gotta win games ON the pitch..The top 10 teams of this league are very strong even teams below cause issues for the top clubs. If Newcastle can beat Man-city Liverpool Chelsea home and anyway and win other matches. then they will be rightly considered a challenger. its easy saying it than doing it.

The league is getting stronger and stronger .

skyebo
29th October 2021, 01:31 PM
Newcastle will spend millions upon millions and change managers before they even think about coming successful, they need to think about climbing the league before anything or they could be a championship team next season.

skyebo
29th October 2021, 02:17 PM
The reason it happened so quick for Chelsea is because they got the best manager at the time and most of what he spent were the right ones, as he got back to back titles something they hadn't done since 1955.

justme
29th October 2021, 02:55 PM
The reason it happened so quick for Chelsea is because they got the best manager at the time and most of what he spent were the right ones, as he got back to back titles something they hadn't done since 1955.

They were starting to climb the tree before Moronhino and he just helped to finish the job..

skyebo
29th October 2021, 03:34 PM
They were starting to climb the tree before Moronhino and he just helped to finish the job..
Only regards to winning domestic cups, not anywhere near a title.

skyebo
29th October 2021, 03:48 PM
Back to the original post, it's probably too late in the week to sack him before Tottenham game, but he's still on borrowed time there.

justme
29th October 2021, 05:20 PM
Only regards to winning domestic cups, not anywhere near a title.

They were finishing in 4th and 5th. so nearly there

justme
29th October 2021, 05:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WggUweuTFxg

Like this!

skyebo
29th October 2021, 05:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WggUweuTFxg

Like this!
Lol

Taksin
30th October 2021, 08:19 AM
I'm looking forward to the big game today

Daffydd
30th October 2021, 01:07 PM
A win could take Utd to 5th and paper over the cracks again.

Red October
30th October 2021, 03:17 PM
That is the negative way of looking at it.

Yeah it was sh*t seeing them win everything but as we now know Ferguson held them together so this would be our turn with Klopp instead we have these 2 soon to be 3 pricks buying trophies.

Yeah but how many titles would the mancs have without Chelsea or city there? You could say we win it in 2014 but then maybe no klopp?

Nineteenx
31st October 2021, 06:03 PM
Tra la, la la la la, la la la Ole's at the wheel, at the wheel, Ole's at the wheel, de de de, de de de de, de de de der der der de de, de de de de deeeeeeeeeeeeeer dirty Manc,

Nineteenx
31st October 2021, 06:08 PM

We were the better side in 18-19 and but for Taylor's failure to send Kompany off in the game at the Etihad that ultimately decided it and Jurgen's failure to react to the Fabinho issues pushing the line higher created and not bring Hendo in at RCM to pick up the slack sooner, wed have walked it

CCTV
31st October 2021, 06:16 PM
We were the better side in 18-19 and but for Taylor's failure to send Kompany off in the game at the Etihad that ultimately decided it and Jurgen's failure to react to the Fabinho issues pushing the line higher created and not bring Hendo in at RCM to pick up the slack sooner, wed have walked it

Klopps dropped points that year, 4 draws iirc came after he switched back to a 433 from a 4231.

LEGS
31st October 2021, 07:24 PM
Yeah but how many titles would the mancs have without Chelsea or city there? You could say we win it in 2014 but then maybe no klopp?

Well they would have been more but anything that gives us a better chance is a good thing.

We might have been able to get better players as well if Chelsea/City didnt have the money as without it they are both sitting on zero EPL titles.

justme
31st October 2021, 08:30 PM
fuck ole and his wheel.. he will be gone soon.one performance doesnt mean its all done and dusted.. I looked at one of the spurs goals. i think it was the 3rd one.. Rashford ran forward and not one spurs played bothered to even run close by to close him down and put pressure on him.

Joetan991
1st November 2021, 12:21 PM
Seems like Man United fans are crazily think their team are back on track with playing 2 oldie strikers up front.

Ronaldo does give them a lot of fake hope, they think as long as Ronaldo play his best postition and with the win again unmotivated spurs players 0-3 will bring them back, they will miss out Conte and keep Ole, such an idiot club.

Nineteenx
1st November 2021, 08:38 PM
Rashford, Greenwood, Pogba and Sancho all permanently relegated to the bench :D

Going back to our left needing working on, seeing how compact and narrow the filthy were and a lot of teams get trying to defend us, other top sides especially, that why it is so important we get that addressed and get back to Trent, Hendo, Konate and Virgil playing the switches

Insidious
1st November 2021, 11:07 PM
Seems like Man United fans are crazily think their team are back on track with playing 2 oldie strikers up front.

Will be interesting to see how long they settle on that set-up for, as you certainly can't rely on it every week without burning one of them out.

Also won't face as insipid an opponent as Spurs were at the weekend on too regular a basis. Yes, there are a couple of dross sides in the League, but the majority are good enough to at least give them something to think about.

Sancho must have some regrets!

Nineteenx
2nd November 2021, 02:34 AM

That's good though isn't it, that's exactly what we want them to think, Spurs are an already beat dog right now

Nineteenx
2nd November 2021, 02:47 AM
The filthy fans are going to go into absolute meltdown when Ole loses a few more games and Conte's gone to spurs, Potter is the ideal manager for the filthy, but in true style of the filthy post Ferguson, with the exception of Ole's appointment, Potter isn't big name or high profile enough in their view or that of their fans

Steveo
2nd November 2021, 08:03 AM
So stop fucking telling them then.. Sheesh :D

justme
3rd November 2021, 12:48 AM
argggh the ole at the wheel tune is dead catchy. im always singing it under my breath.. fk this shit

Nineteenx
3rd November 2021, 01:09 AM
argggh the ole at the wheel tune is dead catchy. im always singing it under my breath.. fk this shit

I know, I was singing it incredibly loudly in the supermarket on Sunday as a few lads on the bakery and deli counter there are Mancs, it just makes me laugh, I think someone should make a single of it, I bet loads of football fans would buy it for the craic, could even make No1 :D Needs to include my der der der der der der de de dirty Mancs, dirty Mancs, filthy dirty Mancs bit though

Steveo
3rd November 2021, 11:38 AM
What if he turns out to be the next Fergie and Ronnie’s second coming is the mirror of Robbins. :D

They nick a late goal and go on to take some silverware this season - then the legacy unfolds..

Yous will all feel like a ripe bunch of plonka’s then.

Insidious
3rd November 2021, 12:31 PM
They nick a late goal and go on to take some silverware this season

They could, with a fortuitous draw, win the Europa League if they drop down into it due to poor results in their remaining Champion's League group games. Beyond that though, I'd be gobsmacked if they won something this season.

Due to the night Solskjaer is most famous for and who the opposition were, I'd quite like to see them advance to the last 16 of the Champion's League and be drawn to play against Bayern Munich. That could be a delicious watch.

Steveo
3rd November 2021, 03:24 PM
I prefer them to lose to everyone. Hate the fuckers, loathe them with an unending passion.. :horror:

Nineteenx
3rd November 2021, 08:15 PM
2 great goals from Ronaldo last night to be fair, both superbly executed, but both a little as a result of Atalanta dropping off and inviting pressure

toshin
5th November 2021, 01:53 AM
2 great goals from Ronaldo last night to be fair, both superbly executed, but both a little as a result of Atalanta dropping off and inviting pressure

Its kind of amazing they bought him with no plan on how to get service for imo, the best finisher in the game (still).
Ole probably figured if i just put sancho, greenwood etc on they'll figure it out.....

But hey, as long as he keeps scoring Ole stays in the job:applause:

Joetan991
5th November 2021, 02:36 AM
I wonder how they can stop Man City at home? Ronaldo must be regretted joining the wrong Manchester side.

toshin
5th November 2021, 10:43 AM
I think manu need city to have one of their off days with finishing...and a chance or two falling Ronaldo's way.
Hope they beat city though, as they are no real threat to the title imo.

Taksin
5th November 2021, 10:50 AM
I think city will tear them to shreds. City really seem to get up for the big games and then lose focus at other times. They played brilliantly against us and Chelsea this season

miller0863
5th November 2021, 01:57 PM
Feeling it really could unfold as in toshin’s version of events

faridtoxteth
5th November 2021, 02:49 PM
I think the idea that much as we don't like them to get good results, just enough good results will keep Ole at the wheel. it's not a myth. Conte was linked with them a couple of weeks ago, then a win at Spurs and suddenly it's a sliding doors moment. Conte gone, suddenly not an option for them. Conte at Old Trafford would have been bad news for the rest of us.
They are too stupid at Man U to see that Graham Potter would be a great appointment for them. Half the clubs in the prem would take him, but none would ever employ OGS.

Taksin
5th November 2021, 02:58 PM
Now is the perfect time for them to sign Moyes

Kev0909
5th November 2021, 04:25 PM

They're so lucky with ronaldos late goals otherwise it would look a lot different right now

wonder how much pressure he'll be under again if they lose to city, the spurs game sure helped him stay at the wheel, but spurs was awful in fairness.

worldpanel
5th November 2021, 04:43 PM
It's a shame Ronaldo didn't play against us.It would have been nice to see him pit his wits against our defence.
Wait, what?

LEGS
5th November 2021, 04:50 PM
They're so lucky with ronaldos late goals otherwise it would look a lot different right now

wonder how much pressure he'll be under again if they lose to city, the spurs game sure helped him stay at the wheel, but spurs was awful in fairness.

Totally agree they have no plan he has more lives than a cat does Ole.

Just when you think he is gone and on the brink he gets a few good ones hopefully he carries it on tomorrow the little warrior !

If you lose 5-0 at home to LFC as Man Utd manager he must be bullet proof 😂😂

He surely wont start next season as manager he has spent over £400m and took them nowhere he is the worst manager in the league.

Some will say Farke but he has two promotions no way does Ole do that he is completely clueless.

Nineteenx
5th November 2021, 10:43 PM
Going to watch that game tomorrow, Ole desperately needs a win, their new look 343 set up seems ideal to use to stop City's 2 at the back and No6 playing their triangles to disrupt them, Ronaldo likely to be hanging around Stones most of the game trying to get his half yard with Laporte suspended, they might just bum them, on the other hand, if they don't get it right tactically, which is always a possibility with Ole at the wheel, they might just get their asses handed to them, going to be an interesting watch and an amusing watch whichever way it goes, it's a win win to watch

faridtoxteth
6th November 2021, 01:10 PM
And who would you prefer to get the win? Probably utd win is better for us.

Insidious
6th November 2021, 01:42 PM
"Fergie into your hands, I commend my spirit"

LEGS
6th November 2021, 02:03 PM
Remember when Sky used to say AWB was better defender than Trent ? Well he isnt.

Get him off and get Sancho on at least he can control a ball

Insidious
6th November 2021, 02:18 PM
Oh David :lol:

LEGS
6th November 2021, 02:24 PM
Oh David :lol:

In fairness they'd be 5-0 down without him.

This has to end Ole its a complete joke performance.

He should go to a back 4 second half but the game is over I guess best case is a narrow City win.

faridtoxteth
6th November 2021, 02:28 PM
Best case for us is surely City to drop points and OGS stay in position.

LEGS
6th November 2021, 02:33 PM
Best case for us is surely City to drop points and OGS stay in position.

Yeah but that isnt going to happen is it ?!

Nineteenx
6th November 2021, 02:42 PM
City need to keep the score down here and maybe let the filthy nick a late late consolation goal to make it not look like the car crash it has been and keep Ole at the wheel

Nineteenx
6th November 2021, 02:45 PM
Seems the effects of Silva's little trip to the blood doc have worn off, he doesn't seem to have as much juice today

Nineteenx
6th November 2021, 02:48 PM
Is that the City fans singing Ole's at the wheel or a section of the home crowd? He really will know he's in trouble if the home fans start singing it

justme
6th November 2021, 02:50 PM
Ole was giving it "Man-United are not only the biggest club in the country but the world" this is after beating a ridcullously poor Spurs team and a last minute draw against Atalanta

Nineteenx
6th November 2021, 02:59 PM
City haven't even had to get out of second gear here, I think Ole maybe got his words mixed up Justme, what he probably meant to say was "Mancs are not only the biggest cunts in the country, but the world"

fiordearg
6th November 2021, 03:00 PM
He's barely one hand on the wheel now.

Nineteenx
6th November 2021, 03:02 PM
City still haven't worked out how to play Wan Bissaka and how easy it is to get him steaming out and play someone in behind him, our lads did it to a tee

Oh dear Luke Shaw's down again, he looks like he's getting fat again to me, probably the extra weight he's carrying

Nineteenx
6th November 2021, 03:03 PM

He needs to learn to release the hand brake I think

Insidious
6th November 2021, 03:05 PM

As poor as Man United are, Man City have been excellent today in terms of seeing the game out via possession. It's not the most entertaining thing in the World to watch, but it's been very impressive.

Nineteenx
6th November 2021, 03:09 PM
As poor as Man United are, Man City have been excellent today in terms of seeing the game out via possession. It's not the most entertaining thing in the World to watch, but it's been very impressive.

Not exactly been made hard for them because the filthy can't press, they make a half arse attempt at it, but always let City have a man free and an easy pass without having to really work for it

Ole's safe anyway, he'll at least get the Villareal game, they won't sack him after a defeat to City for the same reasons they didn't after an absolute hammering from us

Joetan991
6th November 2021, 03:39 PM
Conte has gone, Ole will be there this season. What a great decision.

Insidious
6th November 2021, 03:52 PM
Apparently Man United had FOUR touches in the opposition box today.

That is absolutely mad if correct.

LEGS
6th November 2021, 04:14 PM
Apparently Man United had FOUR touches in the opposition box today.

That is absolutely mad if correct.

Think they also had more shots at THEIR own goal than they did at City.

It was a shocking performance but the score doesnt look a sackable one which is good.

Kev0909
6th November 2021, 04:20 PM
21% of Man Utd's home defeats in PL history have come under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

buck3y3nut
6th November 2021, 04:24 PM
Realistically speaking, who is even in the market right now they could target to be their next manager?

LEGS
6th November 2021, 04:32 PM
Realistically speaking, who is even in the market right now they could target to be their next manager?

They could take ANY EPL manager and they'd be better off !

Hopefully this idiot stays abit longer yet.

Insidious
6th November 2021, 05:34 PM

Zidane I suppose?

buck3y3nut
6th November 2021, 05:51 PM
I don't think Zidane leaves RM. Would Crynaldo work with any other manager from EPL, say Graham Potter? Long may Ole continue to be at the wheel!

My friend who's a Manc gloated when they signed Sancho and Ronaldo. From what I've seen of Sancho so far, is it too early to consider him a flop?

Nineteenx
6th November 2021, 06:01 PM
I don't think there's any need for them to do anything drastic, he's only 9 points off top spot and has the firepower in his forwards to make sure they get top four, they should take their time over this and give Ole the rest of the season and appoint a new man in the summer if Ole's no nearer or slips back significantly from where they finished last season

faridtoxteth
6th November 2021, 06:11 PM
I get the feeling from Ronaldo's body language that he likes to show that he is dragging the team along, and also telling other players how and where to play. Think he definitely fancies himself as a manager. I remember him adopting the touchline managerial mode when he had to go off for Portugal in that eurofinal.
You have to say that if he asked for the job he would probably get it.

Taksin
6th November 2021, 06:16 PM
I get the feeling from Ronaldo's body language that he likes to show that he is dragging the team along, and also telling other players how and where to play. Think he definitely fancies himself as a manager. I remember him adopting the touchline managerial mode when he had to go off for Portugal in that eurofinal.
You have to say that if he asked for the job he would probably get it.

good call

miller0863
6th November 2021, 08:05 PM
Ronaldo getting the job would be absolutely brilliant viewing

Crimson Dynasty
6th November 2021, 08:43 PM
I don't think Zidane leaves RM. Would Crynaldo work with any other manager from EPL, say Graham Potter? Long may Ole continue to be at the wheel!

My friend who's a Manc gloated when they signed Sancho and Ronaldo. From what I've seen of Sancho so far, is it too early to consider him a flop?

He's a flop in their system (...which isn't even a system at all).
The lad has talent.
If you've seen him play at Borussia (where they had a system that was well suited to what he does well), you'd know this.

Sancho is a perfect example of that age old "rich club" disease of,.... 'see a player with talent, and pay bucketloads of money to get him and shove him into your team regardless of whether their skills actually work with your system or not. Even if it's just to prevent your rivals from getting him.'

See : Barca with Coutinho, and now PSG with Gini.

The players themselves should of course take responsibility. At least Gini's getting paid a mint to warm that PSG bench, so he got (part of) what he wanted.

Sancho would have worked great in our system if he'd come to us since obviously Klopp's system is suited to wide players who have skill, and reports were that he was actually wanting to come to us instead of United, which is what might have prompted the Mancs to get him.
I kind of feel sorry for him because the reporting was that he was wanting to come back to England to play in the Premier league because he believed it would help his National team prospects.
Ironically, landing at the Mancs now seems to have sunk those chances if Southgate's latest snub is anything to go by given his limited playing time at United.
One has to wonder if he'd been better served staying at Dortmund another year, feeding Haaland those assists before deciding to make the jump (even to a club like Arsenal who seem to have stabilized in the last coupled of weeks).

redebreck
6th November 2021, 09:23 PM
I don't think there's any need for them to do anything drastic, he's only 9 points off top spot and has the firepower in his forwards to make sure they get top four, they should take their time over this and give Ole the rest of the season and appoint a new man in the summer if Ole's no nearer or slips back significantly from where they finished last season

I like your thinking, they should definitely keep him!

ianlfc
6th November 2021, 10:12 PM
Ole is right right man to turn it around at Old Trafford. We should all just leave him too it 😂😂

Red October
6th November 2021, 10:13 PM
Ronaldo getting the job would be absolutely brilliant viewing

I'd love it. Was watching sky after match discussion. There was a quick funny jibe from Micah Richards to Neville something about almost being in management as long as Neville. Was good to take him down a peg. Also noticed Roy Keane was quick to say Liverpool fans gloating after one title in thirty years! Darn right we're gonna gloat!

miller0863
6th November 2021, 10:47 PM
Utd had 1 touch in the opponent’s box in the second half, one, 4 in total. Wow that is utterly awful

justme
6th November 2021, 10:57 PM
Its because they have no midfield.so basically they cant get forward. when they do it breaks down. Ive no idea why Rashford doesnt start games. Hes just had a huge pay rise.. he would offer more going forward. Ronaldo and Fernandes are luxory players. Ronaldo cant run and Fernandes cant play in the attacking role in a midfield of 3.

Red October
7th November 2021, 10:14 AM
Its because they have no midfield.so basically they cant get forward. when they do it breaks down. Ive no idea why Rashford doesnt start games. Hes just had a huge pay rise.. he would offer more going forward. Ronaldo and Fernandes are luxory players. Ronaldo cant run and Fernandes cant play in the attacking role in a midfield of 3.

Someone other than ole brought Ronnie back I would think. Probably totally undermined him. Then he's got sad I mean saf looking over his shoulder. The guy looks broken. Probably no authority in the dressing room. Let's hope they persist with him!

Daffydd
7th November 2021, 01:43 PM
Danny Murphy says Solskjaer should go, and he also supports the sacking of Farke.

I suppose the merry-go-round gives the pundits something to talk about.

Kev0909
7th November 2021, 01:52 PM
Weird how they sacked farke soon as they actually won a game

not sure how a new manager would make much of a difference with that team.

LEGS
7th November 2021, 03:09 PM
Weird how they sacked farke soon as they actually won a game

not sure how a new manager would make much of a difference with that team.

I guess they decided he was going whatever as its international break.

Not really sure what they expect as they are always going to struggle.

At this rate Ole is going to last longer than Pep and Klopp !

justme
7th November 2021, 03:43 PM
Smith gone at Aston Villa now. the sacking season is well underway..Oles head is firmly on the chopping block.when will the axe fall??

southernboy
7th November 2021, 03:46 PM
The question as always is, what’s plan B? Spurs obviously had Conte sorted before sacking Nuno. Norwich and Villa will just stick another manager on the eternal conveyor belt. Ole will go when a better option (probably Zidane) is available and willing. Thank fuck it was us that got Klopp.

Taksin
7th November 2021, 04:40 PM
There seems to be some dark or ironic humour surrounding Danny Van Der Beek at the moment.. that isn't good when it happens at your club - its a sign of everyone going mad and surreal because they'd rather create comedy than support

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6sc-ueWC40

Kev0909
7th November 2021, 05:23 PM
I disagree,I think that's generally supporting the player because Ole has fucked him over.

Unless I understood you wrong

Taksin
7th November 2021, 05:42 PM
I disagree,I think that's generally supporting the player because Ole has fucked him over.

Unless I understood you wrong

That’s what I mean. It’s being ironic about the managers decision making

Kev0909
7th November 2021, 05:45 PM
That’s what I mean. It’s being ironic about the managers decision making

thought that may be the case.