PDA

View Full Version : Top 4 battle 20/21

CCTV
28th September 2020, 11:29 PM
Looks like we could see some sackings come the end of the season with a few teams under pressure to qualify for next season's CL.

Theres still a bit of a way to go till the transfer window slams shut.

But who do you think will make up the top4 this season ?

I'm of the opinion that as things stand we are a good shout/favourite to retain our pl title.

Man city would be a bookies favourite for top4 but could they have some competition this year ?

Contenders: assuming we are in it as winners of course ;)

Man city, Arsenal, Chelsea, Leicester, Manu, Carlos blueshites. Any other dark horses ?

CCTV
28th September 2020, 11:44 PM
Paddy power odds for Top4

Liverpool 1/80

Man City 1/50

Chelsea 8/13

Man Utd 11/10

Arsenal 2/1

Leicester 3/1

Tottenham 16/5

Everton 7/2

Wolves 12/1

Leeds 12/1

Southampton 50/1

Aston Villa 75/1

Crystal Palace 100/1

redebreck
29th September 2020, 12:18 AM
Paddy power odds for Top4

Liverpool 1/80

Man City 1/50

Chelsea 8/13

Man Utd 11/10

Arsenal 2/1

Leicester 3/1

Tottenham 16/5

Everton 7/2

Wolves 12/1

Leeds 12/1

Southampton 50/1

Aston Villa 75/1

Crystal Palace 100/1

Man Utd 11/10 for top four .....

https://youtu.be/RP4abiHdQpc

justincredible
29th September 2020, 08:26 AM
Man Utd are going to get a minimum of 18 points gifted to them this season. They're shoe-horned for top four unfortunately.

#4the brandPL

Insidious
29th September 2020, 08:50 AM
Man Utd are going to get a minimum of 18 points gifted to them this season. They're shoe-horned for top four unfortunately.

#4the brandPL

They're an interesting case study to follow - they got very lucky last year with the failures of those around them - 66 points got them 3rd in 19/20, the identical points total in 18/19 only good enough for 6th.

Arsenal don't look like massive creators but if they can nullify most sides and take chances with their good attacking players they might just sneak it. Chelsea can blow a lot of sides away if their attack clicks but the defensive side still looks nothing like right yet. Can Bake stay fit with Spurs?

Does anyone back Everton to sneak in? Is the Leicester squad depth too low on quality and the attack too reliant on Vardy?

Ourselves and City you would think are the shoe-ins. I think City will lose several games again, but even if they have a relative disaster of a season I don't see a slip to 5th spot on the cards. So the others are battling for 2 places.

justme
29th September 2020, 01:58 PM
Man Utd 11/10 for top four .....

https://youtu.be/RP4abiHdQpc

Thats what the baby thinks should happen to Ole's contract. Rip the sodding thing up

CCTV
29th September 2020, 04:18 PM
Thats what the baby thinks should happen to Ole's contract. Rip the sodding thing up

I had a sinister freudian interpretation, best kept to myself :D

Balinkay
29th September 2020, 05:03 PM
https://i.redd.it/b860dl2bu2v01.jpg

dicko1969
29th September 2020, 07:18 PM
Everton look a good bet
Playing really well
Solid in midfield with Allan
Flair in Rodriguez and Richarlison
And goals coming
Even the no9 looks half decent
Deceiving but decent.

dicko1969
29th September 2020, 07:19 PM
Liverpool
Man c
Man u (purely because of penalties)
Everton

justincredible
30th September 2020, 08:36 AM
Jose Mourinho putting Frank the Mouth back in his box, lol....

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jose-mourinho-explains-reasons-behind-22765354

Steveo
30th September 2020, 08:50 AM
The pressure is definitely getting to fat Frank. Seems to be getting into touch line scraps every week.

Kev0909
30th September 2020, 09:39 AM
Everton look a good bet
Playing really well
Solid in midfield with Allan
Flair in Rodriguez and Richarlison
And goals coming
Even the no9 looks half decent
Deceiving but decent.

Leicester are better

justincredible
30th September 2020, 12:23 PM
Barkley is going to Villa on loan from Chelsea. Lol....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54352181

dicko1969
21st December 2020, 12:51 AM
So this is Christmas ...

The first indicator of top 4 intention.

CCTV
2nd January 2021, 02:52 PM
So this is Christmas ...

The first indicator of top 4 intention.

Whittled down to any of the current top 8 !

Kev0909
2nd January 2021, 02:53 PM
Whittled down to any of the current top 8 !

forget the title or top 4 we're in a relegation battle if we dont sign BOTMAN

CCTV
2nd January 2021, 03:21 PM
forget the title or top 4 we're in a relegation battle if we dont sign BOTMAN

Dinner dinner dinner, dinner dinner dinner- BOTMAN, BOTMAN BOTMAN - KerPOW

skyebo
2nd January 2021, 03:25 PM
Dinner dinner dinner, dinner dinner dinner- BOTMAN, BOTMAN BOTMAN - KerPOW

Haha

RedNoodle
3rd January 2021, 12:05 AM
Yep, that last top four is a possibility.

(Yes I know that added very little to the discussion, but I wanted to see if I could get a 'super six' when it came to having six in a row of "the last post was by RedNoodle". :D + :o

miller0863
3rd January 2021, 02:01 AM
Hahahaha love it CCTV

Insidious
19th January 2021, 09:37 PM
Anyone want to re-assess their four sides that finish Top Four come the end of the season?

skyebo
19th January 2021, 09:40 PM
Anyone want to re-assess their four sides that finish Top Four come the end of the season?

Not me, i still think we'll win it. Not bothered who occupies the other positions.

Insidious
20th January 2021, 11:08 AM
Not me, i still think we'll win it. Not bothered who occupies the other positions.

Loving the Faith!

I'm not loving the defensive consistency that City have found combined with winning 5 on the spin, but a long way to go yet.

Arsenal have won a few games lately. Hoping they manage a somewhat unexpected win against the Mancs soon, put them back in their box a bit, though United have managed clean sheets in a few of the "big" games this season.

Kev0909
20th January 2021, 12:07 PM
Loving the Faith!

I'm not loving the defensive consistency that City have found combined with winning 5 on the spin, but a long way to go yet.

Arsenal have won a few games lately. Hoping they manage a somewhat unexpected win against the Mancs soon, put them back in their box a bit, though United have managed clean sheets in a few of the "big" games this season.

I don't the way we're playing Arsenal will be level on pts with us soon after being "relegation contenders" (they never really was but you know)

Insidious
20th January 2021, 12:25 PM
I don't the way we're playing Arsenal will be level on pts with us soon after being "relegation contenders" (they never really was but you know)

I don't think our bad patch will last for a terribly long time truthfully. Perhaps another month of huffing and puffing or something, but I'd be amazed if the close proximity between a match against Man City and a Champion's League knock-out game, combined with a more settled group of players (missing 4 right now, with 2 due back in the coming weeks) doesn't see us start to shake some rust off.

If other teams can go from rough patches into a winning spell, we certainly can.

City had a spell of looking poor this season, shook it off. United shook theirs off and are (temporarily I feel) in a title challenge. Spurs are crawling back after we winded them. Leicester are in contention for a bit despite having lost five(?) matches.

I don't really see why the current League Champions can't get a decent sequence going at some point this season if the aforementioned sides can.

skyebo
20th January 2021, 12:52 PM
Loving the Faith!

The same things are going to happen whether we keep the faith or not, so why think negatively ?

Insidious
20th January 2021, 12:59 PM
The same things are going to happen whether we keep the faith or not, so why think negatively ?

I like the cut of your jib Sir!

skyebo
20th January 2021, 01:02 PM
I like the cut of your jib Sir!

lol

dicko1969
4th March 2021, 11:14 PM
Rename this top 10.

Wow what an unbelievable disappointment.

Manchester city
Manchester United
Liverpool
Everton

Did I say at the start of the season... need to look.

Did anyone see this coming ?

Leicester
West Ham
Spurs
Villa

Possibly 8th 9th or 10th ?