PDA

View Full Version : Firmino 20/21

Pages : [1] 2

Insidious
5th October 2020, 08:02 PM
So.

Bobby.

Hasn't been great of late. Was just thinking - he plays so, so many of our games and plays plenty for Brazil.

When we consider our League games, Cup games, European games then the international friendlies, Copa America and so on, he must have something like 250 games in him in the last five years, with relatively minimal breaks.

Could he simply be a bit burnt out and in need of a few weeks out of the side? He has purple patches with us and thus quiet patches too, but could he use a genuine break?

skyebo
5th October 2020, 08:07 PM
So.

Bobby.

Hasn't been great of late. Was just thinking - he plays so, so many of our games and plays plenty for Brazil.

When we consider our League games, Cup games, European games then the international friendlies, Copa America and so on, he must have something like 250 games in him in the last five years, with relatively minimal breaks.

Could he simply be a bit burnt out and in need of a few weeks out of the side? He has purple patches with us and thus quiet patches too, but could he use a genuine break?

We have no-one at the club who could do what he does. They could try other ones there but they wouldn't be as effective.

Nineteenx
5th October 2020, 08:17 PM
I don't have any issue with Bobby, he does fantastic work, like most things in our team he functions best when our press is functioning as it should be, when it isn't, he gets the good possession between their midfield and defence but is allowed to be crowded out with no-one showing for him

He was slated in the game v Chelsea, but provided the assist for our opener, he was slated last night. but provided an assist for Mo despite being overrun and not very well supported by the midfield through the entire game. He is also a player who isn't as effective when we don't have a midfield playing the switches, as when they are played is often when he moves to support that play and finds more time and space

Balinkay
5th October 2020, 08:18 PM
He was drunk v Villa. Hasn't been at his best for a while, but that was comically bad.

And he still managed to get an assist.

Insidious
5th October 2020, 08:22 PM
We have no-one at the club who could do what he does. They could try other ones there but they wouldn't be as effective.

For clarity's sake, I love Bobby and the uniqueness of his role is fascinating, but he isn't at his best and hasn't been for a little while - and I think it's quite okay to point that out - he's still one of my first picks on the team sheet.

Crimson Dynasty
5th October 2020, 08:26 PM
I don't have any issue with Bobby, he does fantastic work, like most things in our team he functions best when our press is functioning as it should be, when it isn't, he gets the good possession between their midfield and defence but is allowed to be crowded out with no-one showing for him

He was slated in the game v Chelsea, but provided the assist for our opener, he was slated last night. but provided an assist for Mo despite being overrun and not very well supported by the midfield through the entire game. He is also a player who isn't as effective when we don't have a midfield playing the switches, as when they are played is often when he moves to support that play and finds more time and space

You're conveniently overlooking the fact that he had an unacceptably high number of misplaced passes and giveaways to opposition players (and not even of the "trying a fancy flick that simply didn't quite work out" variety") many of which stopped quite a number of our promising attacks dead on their tracks.

At that level of carelessness, a player is actually more of a detriment than a just a disappointment.

Yes, his (one) assist for the Mo goal was great, but how many giveaways did we trade in exchange.
And that's not even counting the fluffed shots and wasted opportunities that he himself didn't convert.

I'm not trying to be hard on him specifically, but after a 7-2 defeat like that - the likes of which the club hasn't suffered in over half a century,.....and to a certifiable relegation fodder team (from last season) - these kinds of hard questions need to be asked.

And it's not even like its out of the blue.
It's been a long time coming and his performance has been worringly consistently below acceptable standards.

It's a fair question to ask if some time on the bench (or not starting games for a bit) might actually serve him better as it has in the past when he was struggling and Klopp took him out of the firing line.

Steveo
5th October 2020, 08:27 PM
He was drunk v Villa. Hasn't been at his best for a while, but that was comically bad.

Forgive me BUT if you play Relentlessly in the false 9 - game in - game out you will get assists...? Last season it was 8.. last 3 games it has been 2. It isn’t a disaster BUT if his name wasn’t Firmino and Klopp wasn’t so religiously wedded to the same front line he would have been benched eons ago.

He got an assist last night BUT got in way of at least 2 goals... -1 assist IMO and that’s without mentioning the give away for a goal at the other end.. He was awful from start to finish. Needs some confidence from somewhere.

Nineteenx
5th October 2020, 08:32 PM

Out of interest and relevant to the midfielder discussions going on, highly relevant, at what point do you think Bobby started 'not being at his best'?

Looking through this

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/match/2019-20/first-team/fixtures-and-results

And given Bobby scored the winners against both Spurs and Wolves, which looking at them were both set up by Henderson, it appears Bobby not being at his best started around the beginning of February, coincidentally (or perhaps not) when changes to the midfield of a team that was flying were unnecessarily made

Balinkay
5th October 2020, 08:45 PM
I don't see why I should forgive you, Steveo, what you say makes sense. I don't think he's been terrible generally, so it would take some competition to bench him, but that definitely wouldn't be out of the question like it would be with, say, Mane. He simply has no such competition right now.

@19x

Boah, tough to say. February does sound more or less right. No idea if that's when midfield rotations started. No question we miss Hendo - everyone is bound to do worse when he's out.

teesred
5th October 2020, 08:58 PM
I think he needs to sit out a few games, same as Gomez. The whole team needs to refocus after last night but those 2 in particular.
Probably wont happen though as there isnt really any other viable option or alternative.

teesred
5th October 2020, 09:00 PM
1 league goal in 18 games for a forward playing in this team is frankly shite.
He should score more goals, gets plenty of opportunities and has proved he can do it so what's changed?
It's been going on a while. Is he past his peak?

Balinkay
5th October 2020, 09:02 PM
Could be, he's just turned 29. It happens.

Insidious
5th October 2020, 09:12 PM
9 goals and 8 assists was it, last season?

3 goals and 3 assists in the first 6 games - an incredible start. Then it was 6 goals and 5 assists in 32 games - which isn't great - and looks a little worse when you consider 3 of those came in one match against Southampton.

So in the other 31 games he created 2 goals for team-mates - his defensive workload certainly remained high, but that relative lack of goalscoring contribution is surely worthy of some sensible discussion.

If we include internationals he is probably looking at 250-300 games in the last five seasons, which, when you bear his work-rate in mind, is bound to create burnout. Someone mentioned February onwards - he could very well be missing the feeling of fans in a stadium more than some - or it could be both.

Has he become rubbish overnight? No - and I don't think anyone is insinuating as much - but I'd definitely be looking at rotating him for a bit and the fact we had an interest in Werner probably suggests as much too really.

Perhaps Minamino or Jota could get some of his minutes for a spell and get him rested. I don't think taking him out of the side would cost us a shedload of points and he might just be in need of a little refresh.

Balinkay
5th October 2020, 09:23 PM
Mane is great through the middle btw.

skyebo
5th October 2020, 09:25 PM
Mane is great through the middle btw.

We are lucky to have all 3 forwards here, at the same time.

ianlfc
5th October 2020, 09:48 PM
Bobby and our attack wasn't the problem on Sunday night. Mo with 2 , jota and Bobby with an assist.
Scoring 2 away from home would no doubt get us the 3 points in the last few seasons . It was the invisible midfield, awful defence and a 2nd choice goalkeeper that was the problem.

Steveo
5th October 2020, 09:56 PM
Quite true although we should have taken far more of the chances we had. It was the middle of the park that killed us in the Midlands Sunday night. Bobby was poor again though. Can’t hide that fact.

HLOGI
5th October 2020, 09:58 PM
Bobby has been great but in decline in the last 12 months. We must be clear what we want. Do we want to live on memories or merit. At the moment he does not merit a starting birth or full 90 minutes.

His game is not 20+ a season, it is creativity and work rate. His signature as a false 9 is his touch and how he links up play and defends from the front. This now is almost none existent, he is bullied, terrible touch and loss of possession. Because he is a baller every now and again he will produce something like he did against Chelsea but a sprinkling now and again is not enough.

What has made us boss the last 3-4 years has been the willingness to move on and to improve. There are players in the first season we came fourth who deserve praise for starting out the project but now they wouldn't get a look in this team.

So Bobby must be rested if it is fatigue and if it is that he can no longer improve or at least maintain then it is time to move on. Jota looks hungry and quality. A front 3 of Mane, Salah and Jota will do and Bobby can wrestle his shirt back if he can.

HLOGI
5th October 2020, 10:00 PM
Quite true although we should have taken far more of the chances we had. It was the middle of the park that killed us in the Midlands Sunday night.

I concur.

When you analyze a game holistically then it appears differently. But a match is also about moments, If Adrian doesn't make that mistake, Bobby scores 1 of his chances, Mo gets the pen etc. These are moments in a game. So yes the midfield was dour but a goal scored can deflate an opponent.

CCTV
5th October 2020, 11:10 PM
Since the start of 2019/20 till today in the PL

Salah 24 goals & 10 assists: 34
Mane 21 goals & 9 assists: 30
Bobby 9 goals & 10 assists: 19
Trent 4 goals & 14 assists: 18
Robbo 3 goals & 13 assists: 16

I'd rather see us change formation tbh than drop Bobby.

justme
5th October 2020, 11:14 PM
Firmino should be dropped hes not been worth his place for a while.

CCTV
6th October 2020, 01:31 AM
Of those who'd drop Firmino, what 11 and what selection?

justme
6th October 2020, 01:44 AM
I wouldnt change the formation.. i would have Minamino in the 11. We arent gonna change from the 4//3/3 line up.

Kev0909
6th October 2020, 05:18 AM
I wouldnt change the formation.. i would have Minamino in the 11. We arent gonna change from the 4//3/3 line up.

I'd rather play firminio....

Miniamino isn't the answer to anything- what makes you think that?

which is why we need to sell the likes of origi and some others to get a ST in that can actually challenge him.

For now all we can hope is he picks up form again, i've been onto him a lot and glad others have picked up on it but we sold the only player i'd give a chance to over him who can find the net and actually finish, so you know.

Nineteenx
6th October 2020, 05:41 AM
I'd rather play firminio....

Miniamino isn't the answer to anything- what makes you think that?

which is why we need to sell the likes of origi and some others to get a ST in that can actually challenge him.

For now all we can hope is he picks up form again.

Minamino is definitely not any sort of replacement for Bobby, he's not even a false No9, Jurgen's trying to make him one, without very much joy as he's desperately struggling with his lack of height and physicality in the Premier League trying to play in there, the lad played mostly at RFWD at Salzburg, they didn't have a false 9 at all, they had Halaand through the centre

justme
6th October 2020, 05:41 AM
I just think Minimino is more mobile right now and is likely to turn and run forward. Firmino basically plays with his back to goal most of the time..
When teams press us we need some forward that can turn the attack. I don t have issues with Firmino playing if we decide to have a deep line in midfield and defence.

Nineteenx
6th October 2020, 06:06 AM
I just think Minimino is more mobile right now and is likely to turn and run forward. Firmino basically plays with his back to goal most of the time..
When teams press us we need some forward that can turn the attack. I don t have issues with Firmino playing if we decide to have a deep line in midfield and defence.

Villa didn't press us in the sense we press teams, they set up to congest midfield, nick it off us in midfield and release midfielders either side or in behind Fabinho knowing we'd HAVE to try and play through the area they congested because we didn't have a single midfielder in the line up capable of playing the switch balls that completely disarm opposition who set up to try and do that.

It was exactly the same tactic so many sides profited from adopting against us against the same midfield who aren't as good in the press and are severely lacking in distribution just over half way through the 2018-2019 season, exact;y the same

Bobby benefits immensely from the switches and better distribution, they are very important to him playing at his best, as they are to Mane, Mo and both our full backs

reddownunder
10th October 2020, 02:20 AM
Just found the net for Brazil. Hopefully this gives him the confidence boost that he needs in front of goal

reddownunder
10th October 2020, 03:19 AM
Just found the net for Brazil. Hopefully this gives him the confidence boost that he needs in front of goal

He comes off after 70 minutes after having bagged a second

Steveo
10th October 2020, 08:06 AM
The perfect tonic... Get in Bobby..

ianlfc
10th October 2020, 09:10 AM
I've just looked, his and the other Brazilians next game is on Wednesday morning at 1am against Peru then our game is the following Saturday against Everton at 12.30 kick off.
Richardson was on the bench for Brazil so he's not injured.

Kev0909
10th October 2020, 03:01 PM

against farmers but yes a goal is a goal i guess

dicko1969
11th October 2020, 07:36 PM
Played as a true number 9 striker.

Nineteenx
11th October 2020, 07:57 PM
against farmers but yes a goal is a goal i guess

Brazil were playing a team from the French league?

dicko1969
11th October 2020, 08:00 PM
Bolivia
That's near Bordeaux

Nineteenx
11th October 2020, 08:06 PM
Bolivia
That's near Bordeaux

:D That last post was solely for your benefit Dicko and you didn't disappoint

scientificred
11th October 2020, 10:46 PM
:D That last post was solely for your benefit Dicko and you didn't disappoint

Did you mean peasants?
Still an honourable trade in France (and in my opinion too) seeing as they managed to avoid the industrial revolution

justincredible
3rd November 2020, 12:07 PM
Over to you Kev....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54762653

Balinkay
3rd November 2020, 12:24 PM
Kev after someone mentions Bobby:

https://i.imgur.com/sbofndi.gif

Nineteenx
3rd November 2020, 01:17 PM
1 goal and 2 assists so far

Kev0909
3rd November 2020, 02:00 PM
Over to you Kev....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54762653

I think it's pretty obvious really

#givefirminoarest

#firmino'slifematters

Kev0909
3rd November 2020, 03:28 PM
Interesting thought

Thiago is the lad to glue the play together not firmino = jota >firmino

Firmino isn't really doing it atm anyway

Balinkay
3rd November 2020, 03:43 PM
Yes, that's the whole idea of bringing in Thiago - he can link up play and come up with some enabling magic - as a bonus it'll not be down to only Bobby to do so from the false 9 position all the time.

Think Thiago will generally make everyone on the team's life easier.

Kev0909
3rd November 2020, 03:50 PM
Yes, that's the whole idea of bringing in Thiago - he can link up play and come up with some enabling magic - as a bonus it'll not be down to only Bobby to do so from the false 9 position all the time.

Or that means we can actually get a striker who scores goals or play someone else there like Jota

Balinkay
3rd November 2020, 03:54 PM
Provided there's enough creativity and space created from the middle of the park and it's not down to Bobby to essentially be the system, we could see if he starts scoring more. If he doesn't and doesn't compensate with other attributes we can't really get from anywhere else, sure - we could look for a more goal oriented CF.

I somehow doubt that's how things will pan out though.

Nineteenx
3rd November 2020, 04:03 PM

He'll likely create more chances for Mo, Mane and Bobby and it will allow them to add to their movement

skyebo
3rd November 2020, 04:08 PM
Or that means we can actually get a striker who scores goals or play someone else there like Jota

It's only the strikers who get the goals anyway, especially Mane and Salah.

Nineteenx
3rd November 2020, 04:18 PM
Pretty sure we have this debate every year, then Bobby scores a few crucial winners and everyone pipes down

Kev0909
3rd November 2020, 04:27 PM
Pretty sure we have this debate every year, then Bobby scores a few crucial winners and everyone pipes down

You mean like Jota has been doing off the bench because bobby can't hit a barn door?

Like it or not, sooner or later it'll cost us

skyebo
3rd November 2020, 04:35 PM
Klopp will be aware that Firmino isn't scoring many. I'm sure he must be contributing to the team otherwise he would have been dropped. He has never scored as many as Salah and Mane anyway.

Kev0909
3rd November 2020, 04:36 PM
Klopp will be aware that Firmino isn't scoring many. I'm sure he must be contributing to the team otherwise he would have been dropped. He has never scored as many as Salah and Mane anyway.

Deluded, you can tell when he was contributing to the team, at the moment it's like playing with 10 men

he needs a rest for his own good

Imagine if this team didn't have salah or mane, firmino wouldn't get into other teams first 11 around us

They constantly bail him out

he's not assisting he's losing the ball all the time he's not doing anything oh sorry he did pass it forward once for a assist a few games ago and scored into a empty net from 2 yards and i've seen 10 year old's shoot better and with more power

Nineteenx
3rd November 2020, 04:38 PM
You mean like Jota has been doing off the bench

And long may that continue, it's always good to have a player doing something a little different to what defenders with tired legs have worn out trying to defend for 70 minutes who can come off the bench and grab a goal.

It can become a huge psychological advantage too if they do it enough

skyebo
3rd November 2020, 04:43 PM
Deluded, you can tell when he was contributing to the team, at the moment it's like playing with 10 men

he needs a rest for his own good

Imagine if this team didn't have salah or mane, firmino wouldn't get into other teams first 11 around us

They constantly bail him out

he's not assisting he's losing the ball all the time he's not doing anything oh sorry he did pass it forward once for a assist a few games ago and scored into a empty net from 2 yards and i've seen 10 year old's shoot better and with more power

I'm not interested whether he'd get into other clubs first team or not. He plays for us at the moment.

Kev0909
3rd November 2020, 04:46 PM
I'm not interested whether he'd get into other clubs first team or not. He plays for us at the moment.

You sure?

I'm sure he's playing for the opposition half the time, can't really tell

skyebo
3rd November 2020, 04:50 PM
You sure?

If it's bothering you that much, have a word with Klopp.

Balinkay
3rd November 2020, 04:51 PM
You sure?

Not really surprising - plenty you don't seem to see on a football pitch. :p

But jokes aside - he has looked out of sorts. For all the stick I give Taki, Bobby's looked almost as bad in most games this season, strangely bar that one game where he played more as an attacking midfielder and was excellent.

Eventually Klopp will drop him for a meaningful game - then we'll see how we perform without him.

Kev0909
3rd November 2020, 04:53 PM
If it's bothering you that much, have a word with Klopp.

He's very stubborn otherwise he'd of been dropped a while ago

I'm not sure why he can't have a break and hopefully come back after a bit back to his oldself, but we've not seen him anywhere near his best for far to long..

Something needs to change

Jota has done more than enough in my eyes to prove he can start, he can play there, he works hard, he can assist and he can score- what's the issue? how is it possible firmino is STILL starting over him in his form? Firmino needs a rest and sort himself out

Jota's previous stats aren't exactly amazing, but he has the players around him now, and Klopp managing him.

Nineteenx
3rd November 2020, 08:26 PM
Jota has done more than enough in my eyes to prove he can start, he can play there, he works hard, he can assist and he can score- what's the issue? how is it possible firmino is STILL starting over him in his form?

We've got as far as we have through Jurgen keeping incredible consistency of selection and system for 3 seasons running, I've seen more than enough already this season with him breaking that habit and moving players position and relationships and interactions that have been absolutely sensational for us not functioning anywhere near their best or ceasing to function entirely.

So it isn't as straight forward as bringing him in for Bobby, because when he has featured he hasn't come on as false 9, he's played Mane's position, which he doesn't play as well as Mane, so to bring him in Jurgen's most likely moving Mane and Salah and breaking their respective relationships and interactions with Robbo and Trent, so it is a risk, because disturbing some relationships can affect every other player on the pitch

Kev0909
3rd November 2020, 09:20 PM
Now you gotta believe me,
Now you gotta believe,
Now you gotta believe me,
Jota's better than firminooooo

#Prayforbobby

Balinkay
3rd November 2020, 10:55 PM
Will we though? Will we really? Considering he didn't play in the same role? :D

I think you're all more likely to believe me, who's been advocating for Mane to go through the middle and link up play more, should Bobby eventually get his rest.

Kev0909
3rd November 2020, 10:57 PM
Bobby didn't do to bad when he came on some good interplay, but on the other hand one ball he really messed up to control and could of been in, and gave the ball away twice that nearly ended up with them scoring.

Not sure what's up with him, is it physical? does he need to see someone about his head?

After tonight he's probably got PTSD after watching Jota

Balinkay
3rd November 2020, 11:01 PM
I mean he should defo be worried. If our interplay doesn't suffer without him and make us toothless against teams not really defenisvely up to it (like Atalanta were today), he's not got much reason to be on the pitch.

I'm guessing some rest would do him good. But he might not get it, considering Jota limped off. Hope it's nothing bad.

Nineteenx
3rd November 2020, 11:12 PM
Bobby didn't do to bad when he came on some good interplay, but on the other hand one ball he really messed up to control and could of been in, and gave the ball away twice that nearly ended up with them scoring.

Not sure what's up with him, is it physical? does he need to see someone about his head?

After tonight he's probably got PTSD after watching Jota

Tonight we played with a very definite shift of all 3 forwards making runs in behind, throughout Bobby's time with us we have almost always used him deeper, linking play getting hold of the ball, playing as an extra midfielder a lot of the time when we lose the ball, generally doing all the hard graft to support Mane and Mo being able to play constantly on the shoulder of the last defenders

With Thiago in midfield playing the passes too, I think that will be our front 3 for the forseeable, another midfielder who can pass the ball, never mind one who can pass it like Thiago to find those runs. It's a big adjustment for Bobby, he plays as a proper 9 for Brazil quite a lot and scores more, if we're going to set up like that Bobby has to adjust to playing as an out and out forward and making those runs in behind too

Kev0909
4th November 2020, 01:12 PM
I don't think he's fast enough but time will tell

maybe watching jota last night will make him up his game, fingers crossed

Balinkay
4th November 2020, 01:22 PM
Tbf I don't think Jota's all that pacy either, though ti might be just his nonchalace that makes it look that way.

Kev0909
4th November 2020, 01:26 PM
Tbf I don't think Jota's all that pacy either, though ti might be just his nonchalace that makes it look that way.

He's no usain bolt but didn't you see his goals last night? certainly has some pace, had the beating of them defenders, firmino wouldn't be able to do that.

Balinkay
4th November 2020, 01:32 PM
Oh yeah, defo - just not on the same level as Manè or Salah.

Steveo
4th November 2020, 02:50 PM

You're a defender aren't you Bali. It seems clear from everything you say about the game - creativity is not your strong point - I am just assuming here.. But feels like that.

"I don't think Jota's all that pacy". hmm

Balinkay
4th November 2020, 03:14 PM
I used to play as a defender in the thournaments we entered - usually between five and nine a side. Was somewhat versatile though - have been used on the wing, in DM and even as a false nine on occasion.

My preferred positions are still as a ball carrying defender with an onus on long passing or as a DM, screening in front of the defence and thundering them in from range. Must be said that I'm a pretty small and physically weak guy, so I have to have a bigger stronger defender next to me though. Where did you used to / do you play?

I don't see how me not thinking Jota is particularly quick has anything to do with how creative I am / used to be on a pitch. David Silva's pretty slow but was still one of the most creative players the PL has ever seen. Not to mention all the registas of the near past.

Edit: My overall view on football is that it should be practiced efficiently and scientifically. Don't particularly like unnecessary showboating or a heavy onus on pure entertainment.

skyebo
4th November 2020, 03:22 PM
I used to play as a defender in the thournaments we entered - usually between five and nine a side. Was somewhat versatile though - have been used on the wing, in DM and even as a false nine on occasion.

My preferred positions are still as a ball carrying defender with an onus on long passing or as a DM, screening in front of the defence and thundering them in from range. Must be said that I'm a pretty small and physically weak guy, so I have to have a bigger stronger defender next to me though. Where did you used to / do you play?

I don't see how me not thinking Jota is particularly quick has anything to do with how creative I am / used to be on a pitch. David Silva's pretty slow but was still one of the most creative players the PL has ever seen. Not to mention all the registas of the near past.

Edit: My overall view on football is that it should be practiced efficiently and scientifically. Don't particularly like unnecessary showboating or a heavy onus on pure entertainment.

Playing football with my mates after school was my level. Never good enough for any competitive leagues.

Balinkay
4th November 2020, 03:25 PM
Playing football with my mates after school was my level. Never good enough for any competitive leagues.

Oh, me neither - we represented our school in tournaments and have played in some amateur ones with friends, but nothing more than that!

Best player I've ever played with at school is now a starting CB in the Dutch second division, so that should tell you something. :D

skyebo
4th November 2020, 03:26 PM
Oh, me neither - we represented our school in tournaments and have played in some amateur ones with friends, but nothing more than that!

Best player I've ever played with at school is now a starting CB in the Dutch second division, so that should tell you something. :D

lol

Steveo
4th November 2020, 03:32 PM

1. I wouldn't expect you to.

2. Our views on football are polar opposites. Also playing efficiently isn't the only option out side of unnecessary showboating..

I used to be an out and out striker - played a lot on both wings too - nowadays play a bit deeper but only because the legs have gone.

:frown:

Balinkay
4th November 2020, 03:38 PM
Well of course you're going to be nice and cryptic after making an absurd claim. :D No way to weasel your way out of making a dick of yourself again otherwise. Is anyone surprised at this point?

Do you think he's as quick as Salah or Manè?

Balinkay
4th November 2020, 03:39 PM
Ah, maybe the word "quick" is the sticking point here. I mean in terms of pace, not in terms of speed of thought or ball control or ability to move the ball on quickly. He looks... at least decent at those - too early to judge.

Steveo
4th November 2020, 03:40 PM
Well of course you're going to be nice and cryptic after making an absurd claim. :D No way to weasel your way out of making a dick of yourself again otherwise. Is anyone surprised at this point?

Do you think he's as quick as Salah or Manè?

Nothing cryptic at all Bali - just highlighting your lack of vision and understanding. Goes with the territory of those who favour the scientific approach to the game over creativity.

If you can't see that Jota has plenty of pace - and need some numbers to reveal it - then I guess it just proves my assessment above.

Balinkay
4th November 2020, 03:44 PM
He's no usain bolt but didn't you see his goals last night? certainly has some pace, had the beating of them defenders, firmino wouldn't be able to do that.

Oh yeah, defo - just not on the same level as Manè or Salah.

Yeah, Steveo, reading is for chumps. :D It's okay, I'm sure you'll get the hang of it some day.

I can't find the stats on his acceleration and top speed. FM seems to consider him slower than both Manè and Salah. FIFA too, although that's hardly a good measure. :D

Steveo
4th November 2020, 03:47 PM
Can't help you I'm afraid Bali - just going to have to go out and run along side all 3 of them to find out for yourself.. :D

Balinkay
4th November 2020, 03:50 PM
Aha - so basically you were talking horseshite again and have no way to back it up. To boot, you forgot how to read people's posts. Sound that. :D

Steveo
4th November 2020, 03:51 PM
Aha - so basically you were talking horseshite again and have no way to back it up. To boot, you forgot how to read people's posts. Sound that. :D

Chill out Bali - go have a 4 knuckle shuffle or something. The only person chatting shite - as per usual - is the daft wanna be German Bulgar who thinks he understands English but clearly doesn't get the nuance all the time.

justme
4th November 2020, 03:54 PM
Whats a German bulgar??

The Bulgars were Turkic semi-nomadic warrior tribes that flourished in the Pontic–Caspian steppe and the Volga region during the 7th century

Steveo
4th November 2020, 03:56 PM
They like Yoghurt and harvest roses

Balinkay
4th November 2020, 03:57 PM
Aand he starts dogwhistling about where I'm from again. :D Because of course he does. You're like a broke record at this point.

Step 1: Forget how to read and misinterpret something
Step 2: Make snide remark
Step 3: Realise you've backed yourself into a corner and start spouting vague shite
Step 4: Get called up, bring up where the other person (usually me) is from in a lousy ad hominem
Step 5: "No no, I'm not racist, I love the Balkans" - yeah, my arse

You're like a senile somewhat xenophobic / racist (wouldn't know what the correct term is) broken record.

Balinkay
4th November 2020, 03:58 PM
Whats a German bulgar??

The Bulgars were Turkic semi-nomadic warrior tribes that flourished in the Pontic–Caspian steppe and the Volga region during the 7th century

Steveo's just being his usual casually racist / xebophobic self towards me. He's trying to wind me up by purposely not using the proper demonym form my country.

justme
4th November 2020, 04:00 PM
Oh sorry. i had no idea it was meant in that sense

Steveo
4th November 2020, 04:00 PM
Oh poor Bali.

Balinkay
4th November 2020, 04:01 PM
@justme

Nono, I don't consider it a bad word or something, that's just what he does every time he forgets how to read.

justme
4th November 2020, 04:02 PM
Ok

Balinkay
4th November 2020, 04:03 PM
Oh poor Bali.

I could teach you to read, Steveo, though be warned, I charge by the hour. :D

Maybe I'll even throw in an extra lesson on how to say "Ah, I see what you meant now, my bad".

Kev0909
4th November 2020, 04:05 PM
Oh poor Bali.

:lol::lol::lol:

Didn't realise you was in love with Corbyn stevo and Bali was from israel

Steveo
4th November 2020, 04:07 PM
Steveo's just being his usual casually racist / xebophobic self towards me. He's trying to wind me up by purposely not using the proper demonym form my country.

Says the Bulgar - from the land who covered themselves in glory during between 1941 and 1944.

Anyone who knows me will vouch for me being completely the opposite of "racist / xebophobic" - and you have made many overtly racist comments on here before - as many well know. trying to suggest such a thing about me simply because I jokingly mentioned your nationality just highlights your own insecurity. Wow you don't like your heritage do you.. Daddy issues?

The point about you being a wannabe German Bulgar is valid 9 thought is was funny ) too - as I cannot find any reason outside of language to justify the sheer amount of times you misunderstand/misconstrue what I say.

Steveo
4th November 2020, 04:08 PM

Didn't realise you was in love with Corbyn stevo and Bali was from israel

Do love Corbyn.. Mercilessly destroyed by the media.

Kev0909
4th November 2020, 04:10 PM
Do love Corbyn.. Mercilessly destroyed by the media.

Explains it!

Balinkay
4th November 2020, 04:23 PM
Says the Bulgar - from the land who covered themselves in glory during between 1941 and 1944.

Anyone who knows me will vouch for me being completely the opposite of "racist / xebophobic" - and you have made many overtly racist comments on here before - as many well know. trying to suggest such a thing about me simply because I jokingly mentioned your nationality just highlights your own insecurity. Wow you don't like your heritage do you.. Daddy issues?

The point about you being a wannabe German Bulgar is valid 9 thought is was funny ) too - as I cannot find any reason outside of language to justify the sheer amount of times you misunderstand/misconstrue what I say.

One more for the bingo: "No no, I'm not xenophobic, I swear!!". Maybe you're not, Steveo, but you do a damn fine job of hiding it when arguing with me. Funnily enough it's only when you misread something and then start spouting horseshite. Funny that. Real funny.

And you continue to not use the proper demonym. Wonder why that is?

Now you bring into play the fact we joined the Axis for WW2 because... why? (Be honest here, you had to google that, didn't you?) For what reason exactly? So you're saying "No, I'm just being playful here, not bringing your heritage into the debate for any nefarious reason, just being funny. I don't judge people by where they happen to have been born or the colour of their skin. Btw, Bali's from an evil country. Do you feel ashamed for being from evil stock?? Do you??? Daddy issues?". Way to not sound xenophobic. :D

I don't misunderstand what you say, Steveo - you just often spout nonsense that you feel forced to defend afterwards because... it would make you feel like less of a man if you didn't? I don't know, that's just a wild guess. When I'm not sure what you mean, I ask - but this time, as usual when you talk nonsense, you don't reply and just carry on being a snide dogwhistling xenophobic prick.

Steveo
4th November 2020, 04:35 PM
Oooh we are in a spin aren't we... Don't hate yourself Bali - we can't help who we are. I have told you this before. I do sense a real conflict within you. Maybe it is trying to march to that Teutonic drum..? Who knows.. but just let it go man/boy/girl or all 3.

You can call me a prick - senile - racist - Xenophobic.. Hurl them all buddy. Whatever helps you to calm down..

Balinkay
4th November 2020, 04:44 PM
Ay ay ay, Steveo. I'm not mad at you... I'm not even disappointed. You've set the bar for yourself so extremely low that it's hard to feel anything besides amusement at this point. Way back when I though you might be capable of an actual conversation I'd get frustrated since I enjoy talking to people more knowledgeable than me on a subject I find interesting, but it seems I had too high hopes for you.

I just feel kind of bad for the forum since it has to subject itself to your feeble attempts at provocation, while you're trying to deflect from your inability to read what people write. Are you ready to admit you failed to read how I replied to Kev's justifiable question as to why I'd think Jota was slow? Probably not, by the looks of things.

My my - "you sense conflict" - starting to sound like an astrologist now! Makes some sense though - the drivel you've spewed here is about as meaningful as the nonsense they spout.

Balinkay
4th November 2020, 04:48 PM
and you have made many overtly racist comments on here before - as many well know.

Citation needed btw.

Steveo
4th November 2020, 04:55 PM
Manuel... :D

https://youtu.be/H-oH-TELcLE

I do feel a bit sorry for you Bali - that's why I try to ignore your often state the bleeding obvious posts - but when you suggest something which seems unfathomable like - "I don't think Jota's all that pacy either" I feel compelled to ask how you arrive at that conclusion. Not sure why it has enraged you so..

Balinkay
4th November 2020, 05:01 PM
Typical Steveo - make a bold claim and then just don't back it up.

I'm not even saying I've not said something overtly racist btw - I have 15k posts on here - don't remember each and every one. So please, provide some evidence for your pretty ugly claim.

Kev0909
4th November 2020, 05:01 PM
Never a dull day on here

P.S Jota is the way forward get with the times haters

Balinkay
4th November 2020, 05:33 PM
Ah, just seen your sneaky edit, Steveo - you didn't ask - you (wrongly) asserted what I meant in a snide and childish manner and when I explained that better you went on one of your xenophobic tangents. Because you don't know how to read apparently.

Still waiting for you to produce one of my overtly racists posts btw. Would love to discuss and clarify what I meant if necessary. Take your time.

Steveo
4th November 2020, 05:39 PM
Ah, just seen your sneaky edit, Steveo - you didn't ask - you (wrongly) asserted what I meant in a snide and childish manner and when I explained that better you went on one of your xenophobic tangents. Because you don't know how to read apparently.

Still waiting for you to produce one of my overtly racists posts btw. Would love to discuss and clarify what I meant if necessary. Take your time.

Oh it was a sneaky edit.. my oh my - what an underhanded reprobate I am.. :D

You once made a clear anti serb reference when asking why we didn't use our own beautiful English word instead of a "Silly Serbian" one - And I pulled you up on it too..

Can you explain to my ignorant self what is Xenophobic or racist about the words 'German' and 'Bulgar' and how the context I used made them so..?

Balinkay
4th November 2020, 05:53 PM
Oh it was a sneaky edit.. my oh my - what an underhanded reprobate I am.. :D

You once made a clear anti serb reference when asking why we didn't use our own beautiful English word instead of a "Silly Serbian" one - And I pulled you up on it too..

Can you explain to my ignorant self what is Xenophobic or racist about the words 'German' and 'Bulgar' and how the context I used made them so..?

You got a quote for the bolded bit? And quite a few of them? Since, you know, you said I'd made "many" such comments. One isn't many, now is it?

But also I'd need to look at it in context, since I have no idea what post you're talking about and it's entirely possible you're just making it up. I do enjoy banter between countries and jokes about national stereotypes - that's for sure, so I'm sure I've jested plenty about it. The thing here is - you're not really joking. You're dog whistling and throwing ad hominem. You might enjoy the taste and smell of your own feces, but I don't, which is why I called you up on it.

There's nothing xenophobic about either word in and of itself. Both really nice terms that describe pretty different things. Just like there's nothing inherently racist about the word slope or chink. It's how you use them. But you know this all too well, don't you, you old dog whistler, you? :D Every time you back yourself into a corner defending an indefensible position because you don't seem capable of reading other people's posts, you resort to bringing where I'm from into the conversation. I guess the subtext being that I can't possibly speak your oh-so-complicated language well enough to comprehend you cryptic senile ramblings. It's transparent and in poor taste.

And I take particular issue with the word Bulgar because it doesn't describe a person from Bulgaria. It describes something else. But you know that, since, you know, English is your first language apparently.

And "German Bulgar"... really? Then insinuating I have some identity crisis with the "Teutonic drum"? Really? How low can you stoop? Is ad hominem the only thing you know? It's pure and utter filth and has no place on a forum like this - go clog up the comments section of a youtube video.

Edit: Added clarification.

ianlfc
4th November 2020, 06:01 PM
[QUOTE=Kev0909;2659372]Never a dull day on here

QUOTE]

I remember a time you got called a cunt, At least you knew where you stood 😆😆

Steveo
4th November 2020, 06:10 PM
You got a quote for the bolded bit? And quite a few of them? Since, you know, you said I'd made "many" such comments. One isn't many, now is it?

But also I'd need to look at it in context, since I have no idea what post you're talking about and it's entirely possible you're just making it up. I do enjoy banter between countries and jokes about national stereotypes - that's for sure, so I'm sure I've jested plenty about it. The thing here is - you're not really joking. You're dog whistling and throwing ad hominem. You might enjoy the taste and smell of your own feces, but I don't, which is why I called you up on it.

There's nothing xenophobic about either word in and of itself. Both really nice terms that describe pretty different things. Just like there's nothing inherently racist about the word slope or chink. It's how you use them. But you know this all too well, don't you, you old dog whistler, you? :D Every time you back yourself into a corner defending an indefensible position because you don't seem capable of reading other people's posts, you resort to bringing where I'm from into the conversation. I guess the subtext being that I can't possibly speak your oh-so-complicated language well enough to comprehend you cryptic senile ramblings. It's transparent and in poor taste.

And I take particular issue with the word Bulgar because it doesn't describe a person from Bulgaria. It describes something else. But you know that, since, you know, English is your first language apparently.

And "German Bulgar"... really? Then insinuating I have some identity crisis with the "Teutonic drum"? Really? How low can you stoop? Is ad hominem the only thing you know? It's pure and utter filth and has no place on a forum like this - go clog up the comments section of a youtube video.

Edit: Added clarification.

What in the everlasting fuck are you on about? Bulgar is a name for a group of people who very much have assimilated into Bulgaria AS YOU WELL KNOW. So sit down and behave. it is a group of people and was not meant in a derogatory context at all - find them - go ed.

Next you will be telling me that calling me an Anglo Saxon is racist or Xenophobic too?

You can claim whatever the hell you like buster - but it doesn't make it so. So do us all a favour and STFU - you boring turd

Balinkay
4th November 2020, 06:19 PM
Like I said - the words are fine on their own - it's how you use them. You're choosing to be a dog whistling covert mud slinging prick with them. About what we've come to expect really.

Steveo
4th November 2020, 06:22 PM
Yawn.... Do us all a favour

Balinkay
4th November 2020, 06:33 PM
Agreed - whatever keeps you from spouting your senile drivel.

LFC vs PFC
4th November 2020, 06:45 PM
Like I said - the words are fine on their own - it's how you use them. You're choosing to be a dog whistling covert mud slinging prick with them. About what we've come to expect really.

...and he smells of elderberries.

Steveo
4th November 2020, 07:01 PM
For the uninitiated..

https://youtu.be/cAy4zULKFDU

Kev0909
4th November 2020, 07:54 PM
[QUOTE=Kev0909;2659372]Never a dull day on here

QUOTE]

I remember a time you got called a cunt, At least you knew where you stood 😆😆

The new thing is angry drunk :lol::lol::lol:

Steveo
4th November 2020, 08:15 PM
Aka Lewis.. Scored against us for The Seagulls a while back too..

See... not senile yet - or Diz-leg-sick.
I can reed and evryfin..

I guess in some places 47 means you have no teeth. Get married at 11... oh my aching bones :D :D

justincredible
4th November 2020, 08:24 PM
[QUOTE=ianlfc;2659388]

The new thing is angry drunk :lol::lol::lol:

Is there any other?

Balinkay
4th November 2020, 08:37 PM
Aka Lewis.. Scored against us for The Seagulls a while back too..

See... not senile yet - or Diz-leg-sick.
I can reed and evryfin..

I guess in some places 47 means you have no teeth. Get married at 11... oh my aching bones :D :D

Be honest, Steveo - is the issue you can't get it up anymore and you need to feel like a man by scoring online points? There's pills for that, mate - we don't judge.

As for your inability to read - there's plenty of excellent English textbooks out there. Either that or get some grasses. Vision fades rather quickly.

Kev0909
4th November 2020, 08:42 PM
Can we just be happy that skrtel is beating utd?

Or do I need to get some alcohol and turn into angry drunk??

Steveo
4th November 2020, 08:43 PM
Be honest, Steveo - is the issue you can't get it up anymore and you need to feel like a man by scoring online points? There's pills for that, mate - we don't judge.

As for your inability to read - there's plenty of excellent English textbooks out there. Either that or get some grasses. Vision fades rather quickly.

No need to have a pop at the Chinese... :D

Balinkay
4th November 2020, 08:48 PM
No need to have a pop at the Chinese... :D

Oh no, mate, you've got a monopoly on that sort of thing.

Got any of my racist posts to quote by the way? We can talk about this sort of thing? Looks like spouting senile drivel online helps you... compensate for whatever shortcomings in you personal life.

Steveo
4th November 2020, 08:49 PM
Aw bless...

justme
4th November 2020, 08:50 PM
Can't you take this to PM or even twitter?? this is boring now

Balinkay
4th November 2020, 08:54 PM
Aw bless...

I-is that the start some sort of incantation you think will help you use the "search" function? I have some bad news, mate - technology has moved on - there's a button in the forum. You can press on it. With your mouse. You should try it. Maybe you can find some racist posts we can talk about. Like I said - 15k, I'd even be personally interested to talk about that!

Can't you take this to PM or even twitter?? this is boring now

You can always just put us on ignore. Won't be missing much on football from Steveo - regarding me you can make up your own mind.

justme
4th November 2020, 08:57 PM
If i havent ignored Kev. you can make up your mind up,on how i dont ignore people.. I just find theres no need for it on football chat

Nineteenx
4th November 2020, 09:02 PM

Ask him for his address and send him some Numan ;)

Steveo
4th November 2020, 09:04 PM
Ask him for his address and send him some Numan ;)
Haha... Brilliant..

Balinkay
4th November 2020, 09:05 PM
Sorry, I don't get that reference. Besides, physical confrontation over a petty online dispute? Poor form, 19. :D

Nineteenx
4th November 2020, 09:06 PM
Sorry, I don't get that reference. Besides, physical confrontation over a petty online dispute? Poor form, 19. :D

Numan is a product for erectile disfunction that is frequently advertised on the TV in the UK Bali

Balinkay
4th November 2020, 09:08 PM
Numan is a product for erectile disfunction that is frequently advertised on the TV in the UK Bali

Ah, cheers! Didn't know that and a quick google search didn't help either.

Suspect I might need it some day, then I'll do some more research. Happily it's not come to that yet. :D

redebreck
6th November 2020, 09:53 PM
What's this thread about?

dicko1969
6th November 2020, 10:48 PM
Anyone got stats on kenny Dalglish 4 seasons from 1982 to 1986

skyebo
6th November 2020, 11:01 PM
Anyone got stats on kenny Dalglish 4 seasons from 1982 to 1986

81-82 62 Apps 22 Goals
82-83 58 Apps 20 Goals
83-84 51 Apps 12 Goals
84-85 53 Apps 6 Goals
85-86 31 Apps 7 Goals

dicko1969
14th November 2020, 03:02 AM
Scores

Insidious
14th November 2020, 09:55 AM

I have had 2 experiences with those herbal alternatives to Viagra that you get out a machine. One incident was essentially for a dare, one experience was a "sod it, why not" - results were different for both hilarious and not exactly how I expected things to work in terms of what they did.

Unlikely to repeat.

Steveo
14th November 2020, 10:41 AM
Stiff legs... unable to Ben Dover and wobbly Willy..?

ianlfc
14th November 2020, 11:07 AM
Good to see Bobby scoring again.

Insidious
14th November 2020, 11:26 AM
Stiff legs... unable to Ben Dover and wobbly Willy..?

Hahahahahaha can you imagine :lol:

Steveo
14th November 2020, 01:14 PM
Good to see Bobby scoring again.

It is indeed. The geezer is world class - form comes and goes - class doesn’t.

Hahahahahaha can you imagine :lol:

Absolutely.. :D

Kev0909
14th November 2020, 01:34 PM
It is indeed. The geezer is world class - form comes and goes - class doesn’t.

Absolutely.. :D

Yes world class now he's scored against the mighty Venezuela!!!!!

"world class" is used far to often, firmino is not world class.

Jesus christ

Half the world seems to be "world class" especially if they play for liverpool.

wasn't really hard to miss either, he would for us mind

Lewandowski
Ronaldo
Messi

are world class, firmino is nowhere near em.

miller0863
14th November 2020, 01:41 PM
Taki Minanino scored the only goal in Japan’s 1-0 victory over Panama proving his World Class credentials yet again

teesred
14th November 2020, 01:48 PM
Gary Neville said last week that Citys goal was world class from Jesus. Does that mean hes world class or just the goal? I'm puzzled. World class? What the eff does it even mean?

ianlfc
14th November 2020, 01:54 PM
Yes world class now he's scored against the mighty Venezuela!!!!!

"world class" is used far to often, firmino is not world class.

Jesus christ

Half the world seems to be "world class" especially if they play for liverpool.

wasn't really hard to miss either, he would for us mind

Lewandowski
Ronaldo
Messi

are world class, firmino is nowhere near em.

You need a girlfriend 😃😃

Steveo
14th November 2020, 02:02 PM
I agree World class is used far too often and also it is very ambiguous.

For me it means a player that is in a select group ( 2 maybe 3 ) who stand out for what they do on the world stage at any given time.

When on form Bobby is a truly fantastic player - he isn’t a world class striker - but at what he does - I can’t think of anyone better.

Kev0909
14th November 2020, 02:02 PM
Taki Minanino scored the only goal in Japan’s 1-0 victory over Panama proving his World Class credentials yet again

Yes he must be

I can't wait for us to re-sign World class lovren in January

@Stevo harry kane? there's better strikers just in EPL

reddownunder
14th November 2020, 03:06 PM
There are a few genuine world class players in the squad. Van Dijk, Salah, Mane and Alisson fit that category. I think you could make an argument for Robertson and Trent too. Firmino? Nah. He's good but not world class.

ianlfc
14th November 2020, 03:07 PM
He's the current number 9 for both Liverpool and Brazil. So he's not to bad.

Steveo
14th November 2020, 03:08 PM
Yes he must be

I can't wait for us to re-sign World class lovren in January

@Stevo harry kane? there's better strikers just in EPL

Kane is a far better striker - as I said Bobby is no way a world class striker. But don’t see many as good as him at that false 9 role. Certainly not with the work rate and incredible link up play. But might be wrong

Kev0909
14th November 2020, 03:36 PM
He's the current number 9 for both Liverpool and Brazil. So he's not to bad.

Not being funny but who else can challenge him?

If jesus and richarlinson starts aswell?

Not like they've got tons of options young lad from real madrid, and someone playing in the brazilian league.

Can't see them doing great in the future, they're playing noone in WCQ uruguay next will probably be the biggest test well they've got Argentina later on too

I for one not drooling over a 1-0 win v venezuela

Pretty sure the world cup winner will be from Europe.

ianlfc
14th November 2020, 03:57 PM
Not being funny but who else can challenge him?

If jesus and richarlinson starts aswell?

Not like they've got tons of options young lad from real madrid, and someone playing in the brazilian league.

Can't see them doing great in the future, they're playing noone in WCQ uruguay next will probably be the biggest test well they've got Argentina later on too

I for one not drooling over a 1-0 win v venezuela

Pretty sure the world cup winner will be from Europe.

Fuck sake mate ,cheer up. Stop being so negative .

Kev0909
14th November 2020, 04:03 PM
Fuck sake mate ,cheer up. Stop being so negative .

How's that negative? it's just the facts/truth

I couldn't care less about brazil

Fuck all these games, it's fucked us over already, no more injury's or corona'd players then i'll be happy that's all i care about

Ya know what, fine firmino is best in the world and brazil have so many options yet he's still #1 best player!!!!!!! they're easily going to win the world cup in 2022 what a stunning goal the other night against such a good team!!!! fantastic play

Happy now?

teesred
14th November 2020, 04:17 PM
Kev+negative=Kevative.

miller0863
14th November 2020, 06:02 PM
Like that, stop being so “kevative”.

Aye, could be a keeper that.

ianlfc
14th November 2020, 07:39 PM
Kev+negative=Kevative.

I've a feeling that will get used once or twice this season.

ianlfc
22nd November 2020, 10:22 PM
That's more like it from him. And a great finish.

Kev0909
22nd November 2020, 10:26 PM
Bobby's back today shame he can't hit a barn door with his feet though, could of had at least 3

but doesn't matter, we won and his overall game was quality first touch/passing was the bobby of old

what is good is when we waste all these chances the game tends be over with anyway.

miller0863
22nd November 2020, 11:11 PM
13 of our 23 attempts were on target today and that doesn’t include the 3 that hit the woodwork
That’s a decent ratio.

Insidious
22nd November 2020, 11:39 PM
13 of our 23 attempts were on target today and that doesn’t include the 3 that hit the woodwork
That’s a decent ratio.

Encouraging that, in advance of Brighton/Wolves/Fulham.

By the time we have those League matches under our belt we hopefully have one or two of our lads back.

This season will be a grind but our lads are responding to the challenges this far.

ianlfc
1st December 2020, 11:52 PM
I thought he was on it tonight when he came on. Some lovely touches and runs into dangerous areas. Though he should eluted that one on one with the keeper.
Hopefully, fingers crossed Bobby's back.

CCTV
1st December 2020, 11:55 PM
Did well off the bench. Funny upfront tonight overall from us.

Kev0909
1st December 2020, 11:57 PM
I thought he was on it tonight when he came on. Some lovely touches and runs into dangerous areas. Though he should eluted that one on one with the keeper.

maybe it's the kick up the arse he needed

Nineteenx
2nd December 2020, 12:01 AM

We notably instantly had a lot more control of the game when he came on too, I go on and on and on about it, but we need to remember what won us a Champions League and Premier League, there are lots of highly developed relationships and interactions that have been built up over 3 and a half seasons, and making certain changes disrupts that and stops them functioning and if you fuck about with them enough, they don't function to the levels they used to when you put the pieces back in the same place.

We are doing really well, and this period is a huge test as most other top 6 sides have squads with more cover for each position and more experience and a big part of our success has been achieved through continuity of formation and selection and how the relationships between players have developed and been finely tuned through doing that. A lot of people here thinks it's fantasy football

Kev0909
2nd December 2020, 12:03 AM
Not really he was only on for 22 mins, let's not get carried away that much

Ajax was tiring (they can't complain mind compared to us)

but we have a bigger squad at least

the other 3 had a mare kinda tonight, i'd give mane a break and start firmino next game with jota on the left

But depends on the midfield situation

miller0863
2nd December 2020, 12:08 AM
Hahaha thought you might be on to contribute to this discussion.
Thought he was very sharp when he came on and was unlucky with his finish, at least he hit the target unlike the other three strikers all night who were woeful in front of goal.
Not starting may well just help jolt him out of the rut he’s been in. Happy for him to start v Wolves and I’m sure he will.

Kev0909
2nd December 2020, 12:23 AM
Hahaha thought you might be on to contribute to this discussion.
Thought he was very sharp when he came on and was unlucky with his finish, at least he hit the target unlike the other three strikers all night who were woeful in front of goal.
Not starting may well just help jolt him out of the rut he’s been in. Happy for him to start v Wolves and I’m sure he will.

Oh for sure, he's the only player up top looking sharp and not fucked

Probably done him a world of good having a bit of a rest, let's hope he carrys on because we need him to be at his best badly atm

Nineteenx
6th December 2020, 10:56 PM
His inclusion today, along with as many of our best 11 from our Champions league and Premier League winning best 11 in their best positions in our 433 made tonight's result

Steveo
6th December 2020, 11:07 PM
Weakest performer in the team tonight mate. Wasn’t bad by any means but heavy touches were abundant - got in the way of multiple moves.

We would have won by more with Jota in his place IMO but likely would have made little difference. Love Bobby to bits but he needs to improve or the best he can hope for is a recessed role behind Diogo.

Nineteenx
6th December 2020, 11:17 PM
Weakest performer in the team tonight mate. Wasn’t bad by any means but heavy touches were abundant - got in the way of multiple moves.

We would have won by more with Jota in his place IMO but likely would have made little difference. Love Bobby to bits but he needs to improve or the best he can hope for is a recessed role behind Diogo.

No, it's the donkey work dropping in that he doesn't get nearly enough credit for that helps this team play at it's best, it helps us control games and boss midfield far better and facilitates Mane and Mo doing what they're brilliant at more of the time

Jota's great, he's scored goals, but the overall team performance levels aren't as good when he plays, Jota time for me will come when we've got Thiago fit and Hendo, Gini and Thiago have had 3 or 4 games together

Balinkay
6th December 2020, 11:18 PM
Thought he did quite ok tbh. Had that one absolutely glorious pass to Mane where we took a bit too long.

Steveo
6th December 2020, 11:22 PM
No, it's the donkey work dropping in that he doesn't get nearly enough credit for that helps this team play at it's best, it helps us control games and boss midfield far better and facilitates Mane and Mo doing what they're brilliant at more of the time

Jota's great, he's scored goals, but the overall team performance levels aren't as good when he plays, Jota time for me will come when we've got Thiago fit and Hendo, Gini and Thiago have had 3 or 4 games together

But we were not controlling the game for most of the first half dude. Bobby in fact nearly gave a goal away before we broke and scored. He was fine - not bad but far from great. He worked hard and linked up quite well at times is about all you can say

As I said you could put Jota in there and we would have been the same only more potent IMO. Just my opinion mate.

Nineteenx
6th December 2020, 11:33 PM
But we were not controlling the game for most of the first half dude. Bobby in fact nearly gave a goal away before we broke and scored. He was fine - not bad but far from great. He worked hard and linked up quite well at times is about all you can say

As I said you could put Jota in there and we would have been the same only more potent IMO. Just my opinion mate.

The overall team performance just isn't as good when Jota starts, 3 or more seasons most of the other lads have played together, all those time served, built and formed relationships and knowledge and know how of each others games may not count for anything in your opinion, but in the real world, especially given the continuity of selection and formation we've enjoyed for 3 seasons, it counts for a hell of a lot more than people seem to realise

And boy did it show tonight

Nineteenx
6th December 2020, 11:41 PM
I'd actually say given we've had to change up how we play a little because of injuries and drop the line deeper and not have both full backs pushed as high with this having changed to much more of a 'one stays one goes' for the most part, we're already effectively 1 player short in the midfield area, so it's more important than ever Bobby plays for me

ianlfc
6th December 2020, 11:46 PM
I'd love to know what distance he covers during a match compared to others as he never stops.

Nineteenx
7th December 2020, 01:49 AM
But we were not controlling the game for most of the first half dude

This actually illustrates the importance of Mane and Mo's runs in behind on goal and in wide areas and having a player at CM who can find them with balls over the top and switches and how important that and everything that supports them doing that more frequently in games is to this team playing at it's highest levels is, Bobby dropping into midfield and the attempted switches and balls over the top from CB and down the line and over the top from our full backs when deeper

Wolves attempted quick start and Neco's undeserved early booking saw Jurgen move Hendo to RCM for a spell to protect him, that fucked up the distribution from CM Mane and Mo thrive on, literally a minute after Jurgen moved Hendo back to CM we scored courtesy of Coady's error trying to deal with Hendo's ball over the top under pressure from Mo and we bossed it from there onwards

Another thing i think people need to think about re Bobby is he is getting crowded out more at times because of the injury enforced 'one stays one goes' fullback situation, that one less option available to him makes it easier for teams to try and crowd him out because they have one less player high and wide in the midfield area to pick up

dicko1969
7th December 2020, 03:43 AM
The goals are Salah and Mane
Firmino is the hard work, creating the space, keeping the 2 CBs occupied and creating.

Steveo
7th December 2020, 09:21 AM
We all know Bobby’s work rate is legendary - second to none, but he is not close his best from. Last night we win that game with or without him or Jota starting - there was zero input into any of the goals and Wolves were shocking second half.

Plenty of the points we have gained have come directly from Jota’s goals yet some are trying to marginalise his effect already. Doesn’t do Bobby any favours. He played a decent 6/7 last night in a side mainly full of 8/9’s.

Salah
1356min - 15 games 11 goals

Jota
880min. - 10 games 9 goals

Mané.
1275min - 14 games 5 goals

Bobby
1102min - 12 games 2 goals

Them’s the facts.

CCTV
7th December 2020, 11:09 AM
Agree with that steveo
0 shots and 0 key passes circa in a decent performance

Salah
Gini
Matip (Goal)
Well Kelleher

The best in their departments

Kev0909
7th December 2020, 11:45 AM
Bobby motm cus he megged some peps init

don't really agree with firmino taking players out the game so mane and salah are free

When most of the time they double up on them, and if anything firmino should be more free- see what happened with jota, 3 goals.

HLOGI
7th December 2020, 12:35 PM
We all know Bobby’s work rate is legendary - second to none, but he is not close his best from. Last night we win that game with or without him or Jota starting - there was zero input into any of the goals and Wolves were shocking second half.

Plenty of the points we have gained have come directly from Jota’s goals yet some are trying to marginalise his effect already. Doesn’t do Bobby any favours. He played a decent 6/7 last night in a side mainly full of 8/9’s.

Salah
1356min - 15 games 11 goals

Jota
880min. - 10 games 9 goals

Mané.
1275min - 14 games 5 goals

Bobby
1102min - 12 games 2 goals

Them’s the facts.

Agree. Bobby worked hard but was toothless as a attacker. Immediately when Jota came on we looked even more dangerous.

Steveo
7th December 2020, 01:05 PM
Agree. Bobby worked hard but was toothless as a attacker. Immediately when Jota came on we looked even more dangerous.

Absolutely.. see that instant pinpoint ball out to Salah? - who should have repaid it in the move for a simple goal - but shot instead.

For me the thing we need most is to get our main Mané back. If he clicks - we will destroy teams.

Feel like Mane, Salah and Jota through the middle - is too much for anyone right now. Obviously am desperate to see Bobby back to his best - he is phenomenal when on form - utterly unique and unplayable.

We have a fab 4! The beauty is if one is off form one other can slot in OR as I would like to see while Virgil is out - play all 4 with Bobby focussed on the link up he can be so wonderful at. But this Klopp geezer seems to know what he is doing...

Nineteenx
7th December 2020, 01:08 PM
The facts are 'the best players (on paper) don't always make the best team'

We've been labouring, nowhere near our best for weeks, we play as many of our Champions league Premier league WCC and ESC winning side in their best positions and formation and hey presto a Liverpool performance

It's not rocket science

We're already a man light in the midfield area because injuries have dictated we can't play both full backs high, take Bobby out for Jota and we're 2 light in the midfield area, then the same numpties who don't seem to understand this are having a pop at our midfield :D

If you're going to present an argument at least present one that shows you have at least a semblance of a clue of what made us so formidable and facilitates our 'team' playing at its best

Note to Jurgen: Despite your winning ghe Champions league Premier league WCC and ESC with both full backs and Bobby supplementing our midfield, press and attack, Steveo no longer thinks it's necessary

Steveo
7th December 2020, 01:26 PM
The facts are 'the best players (on paper) don't always make the best team'

We've been labouring, nowhere near our best for weeks, we play as many of our Champions league Premier league WCC and ESC winning side in their best positions and formation and hey presto a Liverpool performance

It's not rocket science

We're already a man light in the midfield area because injuries have dictated we can't play both full backs high, take Bobby out for Jota and we're 2 light in the midfield area, then the same numpties who don't seem to understand this are having a pop at our midfield :D

If you're going to present an argument at least present one that shows you have at least a semblance of a clue of what made us so formidable and facilitates our 'team' playing at its best

Note to Jurgen: Despite your winning ghe Champions league Premier league WCC and ESC with both full backs and Bobby supplementing our midfield, press and attack, Steveo no longer thinks it's necessary

Football was never rocket science I agree.

BUT 19 yet again you are wedded to something that simply isn’t true.

We were way below the same level in the CL last season playing the template you believe to be the only one that can ever work. This year despite no Virgil and half a team missing we qualified top - with a game to spare. And would have done so with 2 had we not played such a weakened team v Atalanta.

It doesn’t all boil down to one system and one way of playing mate. It really does not.

Steveo just knows his football on a far higher level to you fella - but recognises that perhaps the Kloppmeister might know a tiny bit more than both :D

skyebo
7th December 2020, 01:42 PM
We can all play Football Manager, but we wouldn't have a clue in the real world.

Steveo
7th December 2020, 01:51 PM
We can all play Football Manager, but we wouldn't have a clue in the real world.

Quite true. That’s why we spend our time on a forum and the professional’s get paid a fortune to make the real decisions - and this Klopp bloke seems not too bad at it.

Nineteenx
7th December 2020, 01:58 PM

We were way below the same level in the CL last season playing the template you believe to be the only one that can ever work. This year despite no Virgil and half a team missing we qualified top - with a game to spare. And would have done so with 2 had we not played such a weakened team v Atalanta.

It doesn’t all boil down to one system and one way of playing mate. It really does not.

Steveo just knows his football on a far higher level to you fella - but recognises that perhaps the Kloppmeister might know a tiny bit more than both :D

Steveo lad, you don't even appreciate how Bobby and having both our full backs high has supplemented our midfield attack and press since Jurgen arrived and how important that is or the importance of all our players being used to that for 5 yeas is :D

I don't indulge in fantasy manager relying purely on stats, i look at the team as a living breathing organism, like the human body in which all parts functioning however spectacularly or unspectacularly make the whole thing function to it's highest possible levels

I

Nineteenx
7th December 2020, 02:06 PM

Steveo lad, you don't even understand the importance and significance of both our full backs and our 9 supplementing our midfield and attack despite Jurgen having had them do that ever since he arrived :D

Oh Champions League? You are VERY good at illustrating my points, tougher group last season, but Fabinho at DM as in the Atletico first leg fiasco

Edit: Another to add to the growing list of poor results with Fab at CM, Napoli 2-0 Liverpool

Kev0909
13th December 2020, 07:50 PM
I've tried to be good lately, honestly i've tried, I've tried to be nice to him, i've tried to give him a break, he did show some glimspes of improving - which I commented on

But sorry that was a shambles again from him, maybe he knows Jota can't replace him now

Nowhere near good enough- he wasn't the only one, but it's every game with him apart from the odd glimspes of his oldself

FUck sake. sick of it, sick of him being in midfield and giving the ball away, instead of staying up and linking play, sick of him casually jogging about, sick of him hitting the ball like a fucking barbiegirl

Doesn't help the midfield is complete shit at times so he has to drop back to even get a touch of the ball

he's got 2 months to fast improve

miller0863
13th December 2020, 07:58 PM
Yep unfortunately produced absolutely nothing today, no closing down, no link play and no threat whatsoever.

ianlfc
13th December 2020, 07:58 PM
I'll let Jurgen know.

Kev0909
13th December 2020, 08:00 PM
I'll let Jurgen know.

Thanks mate, if he doesn't fast improve i'm sure there's a team in irish footie that'll take him?

Maybe I know there's high standards in that league he'll get on the bench at least?

Insidious
13th December 2020, 09:15 PM
The main issue today was he wasn't getting his passing right when dropping deep, which of course means we're potentially surrendering possession when we're in a vulnerable phase of play.

Still really rate him. Just isn't at his best right now and that is magnified when Mane isn't getting goals / we don't have Van Dijk on the field and so on.

Kev0909
13th December 2020, 09:16 PM
The main issue today was he wasn't getting his passing right when dropping deep, which of course means we're potentially surrendering possession when we're in a vulnerable phase of play.

Still really rate him. Just isn't at his best right now and that is magnified when Mane isn't getting goals / we don't have Van Dijk on the field and so on.

Yep, he needs to stop coming deep, like I said though it's not his fault he feels like he has to, because the midfield can't get grips of the game, it's happened more than enough times now it's becoming a issue

Especially when we're missing VVD because we're got at more..

Nineteenx
13th December 2020, 09:17 PM
He's always had peaks and troughs, always, when we didn't have anyone even nearly good enough to bring in for him, we played him through the troughs back into form

justme
13th December 2020, 09:20 PM

For the 5 years hes been at our club hes always given away the ball under pressure. Hes always got caught with the ball.
For a number 9. His return for goals is not good enough..

ianlfc
16th December 2020, 11:11 PM
Bobby Dazzler !!

Steveo
16th December 2020, 11:18 PM
Let’s be honest - he was utter garbage for the first 20 minutes but got better - still have the ball away at bad times but came good and got the all imports at winner.

CCTV
16th December 2020, 11:20 PM
Winner winner, chicken dinner - cracking header, get in :)

Insidious
16th December 2020, 11:24 PM
Will do his confidence the World of good that.

Would be a good time to have a purple patch with Mane not scoring many just now. Delighted with his performance once he found his way into the game.

Also, to be clear, no slight on Mane - he has been excellent of late, just not scoring. He offers so much more. All our forwards do.

Balinkay
16th December 2020, 11:33 PM
Let’s be honest - he was utter garbage for the first 20 minutes but got better - still have the ball away at bad times but came good and got the all imports at winner.

Bah... it happens. They were all sloppy at times today - even fucking Wijaldum who's one of the tidiest players I've ever seen gave it away once or twice!

Fatigue is catching up with him...

Very happy about Bobby's goal though - he had some samba moments tonight - looks like the spring might be back in his step (at times).

Steveo
16th December 2020, 11:47 PM
Over the moon too mate - nobody rates him higher than me - but we do need our old Bobby back. Still has a way to go but he was causing Spurs problems today - and got the goal to shut up that sour faced twat..

Nineteenx
17th December 2020, 12:04 AM
Huge credit to Jurgen and the coaching staff and the Kop and returning fans too

Jurgen very obviously made changes to our full backs and Bobby's positions to enable us to play more like we played the last 2 seasons although it still being slightly different, those tweaks made sure we always had 5 or 6 players in and around the midfield area, Bobby didn't have to keep dropping as deep as both full backs were supplementing the midfield better and the forwards were better supported and had better movement again

And the fans belting out Si Senor and letting him know how hugely they appreciate him seemed to give him a huge lift too

southernboy
18th December 2020, 07:44 PM
He must be a joy to be around. Absolutely love the guy.

https://youtu.be/jYHZK3wSDkg

Joetan991
19th December 2020, 03:54 AM
It is funny to see people keep asking him to stop coming deep, sound like he is a bad student doesn't obey his teacher Klopp teaching.

No, He come deep, play like a Attacking Midfielder role or fake 9, it is according to Klopp tactics, he didn't do anything extra.

Besides just doing his job, he always giving 100% each time, never stop running, fighting, defending, passing, creating chances.

Any clubs in the world would like to have Firmino or Wijnaldum in the team no doubt, although they are extremely under rated, both are worriers for me, never missed training, never (seldom) missed a match.

But people just like to see how Salah and Mane score, how Trent cross, Firmino and Wijnaldum job tend to be gone unnoticed.

ianlfc
19th December 2020, 03:43 PM
Bobbys Back !!!

justme
19th December 2020, 03:44 PM
This is way more like it.. He didnt drop off as much today. So in the right place to score the chances.. Needs to keep it up now.

Steveo
19th December 2020, 03:45 PM
Bobbys Back !!!

Been getting closer and closer to his old self these last few games. Back with a bang today.

miller0863
19th December 2020, 03:45 PM
100% back, that winner v Spurs will really have boosted his confidence. His all round game today was nigh on perfect

ianlfc
19th December 2020, 04:24 PM
And the smile is back. The rest of the league should be very very worried , as our forward line looked it's old self again.

Insidious
19th December 2020, 04:36 PM
More goals and more nutty celebrations please!

Nineteenx
19th December 2020, 04:41 PM
I think before slating a player in future people should look at changes in the set up and ask why in Bobby's case for example, he was having to come so deep so much of the time, in the last 2 games Jurgen has changed the full back positions and the way the midfield support them playing higher, which has allowed Bobby to play higher, rotate between all 3 forward positions and not have to drop as deep in midfield and the last 2 games we saw the results of that.

A team, particularly our team where its playing as a unit is it's greatest strength, changing one or two things, affects other things and other players

People were slating or questioning our midfield just last week, yet they had been being outnumbered because of the change of full back position, now Jurgen has addressed that.................

Steveo
19th December 2020, 05:06 PM
19 - Bobby has been off it more than on it - since the Club World Cup.. that was a YEAR ago.

It hasn’t been the last few games or even just this season.

For the record- we were poor v Fulham and should have lost. Played far better on Wednesday but got a few breaks in not going behind to Bergwijn and Kane - today - first half we are 3 up against the run of play before blowing them away second half.

I find it extremely doubtful that you know better than Jurgen does.

We have had 2 great wins and a fortunate draw in our last 3 games. It’s great - and Bobby is looking more like his old self - it’s great but doesn’t mean the past didn’t exist.

This being wedded to one setup - one formula and minus any ability to change even one or two players would be going down a blind alley. Great teams need to adapt - as we have - and cope with different personnel - which is a by product of any normal season with injuries and players leaving or coming in.

Nineteenx
19th December 2020, 05:21 PM
I think you're misinterpreting my post, Jurgen has changed up the last 2 games, very obviously so, there has been an adjustment of the full back positions so the midfield isn't outnumbered and Bobby can play higher and I was giving him credit for that

Was Bobby of it when he scored our crucial winners against Spurs and Wolves? There were more than that too, goals and assists

Only someone who fails to recognise the subtle changes Jurgen makes would post what you have in your last paragraph, Jurgen has changed things, quite bored of idiots making this broad sweeping statement about me, I actually appreciate that the system and way of playing has numerous permatations, it is several systems in one and Jurgen tweaks it all the time. What for me he has done in the last 2 games is make changes for the midfield and forward line to work as well as it did with the high line with a deeper line and all credit to him

Steveo
19th December 2020, 05:57 PM
I may be misinterpreting you but seemed you were suggesting that the system change was the reason why Firmino has not been on it of late.

I am saying he has been mostly off it for nearly a year. And that any systemic change has been to cope with fatigue AND to make us less easy to figure.

As for “Idiots”...? Well come on geezer the constant trolling of Kev - and your selective reasoning don’t really equate with a mastermind do they.?

Also v Wolves as stated he was anonymous in the game - had no impact on the goals or the result - quite the reverse in fact. Just my opinion..

V Spurs he was much improved

It is great he is finding form again - nobody - NOBODY out there rooting for him more than me - but I am not going to pretend his longer term dip was the fault of Klopp.

ianlfc
19th December 2020, 06:46 PM
His 2nd goal he started the move just outside his own box then busted a lung getting into the box to finish it. A brilliant goal by a world class player.
And as for the finish for his first, WOW !!!

RedNoodle
19th December 2020, 06:48 PM
On "Red Chaff" some are stll saying that Martial is better than Firmino.

ianlfc
19th December 2020, 06:51 PM

They can keep him.

Steveo
19th December 2020, 09:21 PM

Red Chaff - sounds like a new breed of Warbler.?

Nineteenx
19th December 2020, 10:23 PM
I may be misinterpreting you but seemed you were suggesting that the system change was the reason why Firmino has not been on it of late.

I am saying he has been mostly off it for nearly a year. And that any systemic change has been to cope with fatigue AND to make us less easy to figure.

As for “Idiots”...? Well come on geezer the constant trolling of Kev - and your selective reasoning don’t really equate with a mastermind do they.?

Also v Wolves as stated he was anonymous in the game - had no impact on the goals or the result - quite the reverse in fact. Just my opinion..

V Spurs he was much improved

It is great he is finding form again - nobody - NOBODY out there rooting for him more than me - but I am not going to pretend his longer term dip was the fault of Klopp.

Trolling Kev? :D Well, I'll admit I was a little, but his absolute joy at thoroughly disrespecting Bobby a couple of weeks back and how large he was giving it and running Bobby down when Jota bagged a few pissed me right off, so he thoroughly deserved it.

And he was also trolling Hendo the last couple of games too

I don't have selective reasoning, my reasoning I very much always focused on the team and the team playing at it's best'

I don't do new next bestest thing, I don't do knee jerk if someone who has been a regular fantastic contributor has a dip in form, or they are obviously working on expanding/evolving their game or it seems apparent to me that other changes that have been necessary are impacting on their ability to play at their best.

I don't do sentiment either though, as in, if I see evolution and the team playing to much higher levels with a different player in a position over a number of games, then what someone else has done, in a different style prior to the evolution, 2 years ago which never achieved the same levels of performance or consistency of results doesn't cut it for me

We can't include players on the basis of what they did 2 years ago prior to the team evolving, we have to move forward, and if they want to be included in a certain position they used to be the best in, albeit for a period of only 6 months/half a season, then they have to work as hard as the lad who took their place did to develop their game and take it as they absolutely should have to, they shouldn't just have it handed to them, Shanks, Bob, Joe, Kenny would never, NEVER in a million years have had it, and rightly so

That's the Liverpool way over 6 decades, someone comes in does better than you consistently over numerous games and the team plays far better with them in your place and the results are better, the shirt and that spot is theirs, and it's down to you to work your bollocks off to evolve and improve your own game to take it back when your chances, which are now more limited present themselves

RedNoodle
19th December 2020, 10:27 PM

Well they are 'bird brained' on there.

Steveo
19th December 2020, 10:39 PM
@19 great post BTW - it doesn’t always come across like that and maybe I have misunderstood you. Apologies.

Kev is really just having a laugh most of the time mate - he is clearly as happy for anyone to do as well as anyone else - just as long as they’re in a Liverpool shirt. Aren’t we all...?

Don’t take his posts too seriously.

dicko1969
19th December 2020, 10:42 PM
Fabinho at CB...
SENSATIONAL.

klopp was right not replacing Lovren right now.

Fabinho has grown quite quickly into the best CB in England.

Unbelievable.

Insidious
19th December 2020, 10:52 PM
Fabinho is unreal. Really is. In terms of who you wouldn't want to lose to a long-term injury, he is probably too of my list right now.

It's not that he is our "best" player - but there is an argument that he is the "most useful" player. A Swiss Army Knife within the tool-box, as it were.

Just a joy to watch.

Nineteenx
19th December 2020, 10:53 PM
Fabinho at CB...
SENSATIONAL.

klopp was right not replacing Lovren right now.

Fabinho has grown quite quickly into the best CB in England.

Unbelievable.

I absolutely wholeheartedly agree, he has been absolutely fantastic at CB and long may that continue and for the record, for 6 months of his time prior to that, when he played as an out and out DM before that position evolved into a CM role, I thought he was absolutely fantastic.

I'm not meaning him any disrespect whatsoever when I say from everything I have seen from him that I'm not sure he'll ever be a CM, he's a VERY good out and out DM, but even in that role I'd now prefer Hendo because his distribution and organising everyone around him is just so much better

And let's be honest, as I think my continuous high praise of Captain Fantastic is misunderstood, NONE of us. not a single one of us expected Hendo to take his game to the levels he has when the opportunity to play CM presented itself to him last season, I'm still in absolute awe of the quantum leap and evolution he made to his game and the team in the face of competition and threat to his place and potentially even his future, to me what he has done and how hard he has worked to achieve it is absolutely brilliant and what competition for places and working your bollocks off to make the spot your own again is and should be all about

Insidious
19th December 2020, 10:56 PM

Joking aside, any Bird nerds on here?

That's another one of my hobbies.

Steveo
19th December 2020, 11:01 PM

My brother is a bird lover.

7 years older than me and has Aspergers - but I grew up listening to the sounds of various birds - Ida ducks I think and pretty sure the sound of a Curlew - all on vinyl..

He would always stand staring up at the sky at the first sign of swift’s arriving. Birds are actually amazing. I never understood his fascination back then but have grown to with age.

No way am I a bird nerd but - perhaps approaching

Found that sound... now that is nostalgia.. Frankie Howerd eat your heart out

https://youtu.be/END6WV9Ya7Q

CCTV
19th December 2020, 11:21 PM

An off topic thread perhaps ? Your last post on here was interesting

dicko1969
20th December 2020, 12:59 AM
https://youtu.be/5dzaq3dr7Pk

faridtoxteth
22nd December 2020, 12:03 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8tSNAqPygQ

CCTV
22nd December 2020, 12:15 AM
https://youtu.be/5dzaq3dr7Pk

Checkout the stubble on dem birds !

CCTV
22nd December 2020, 12:20 AM

Very good farid, beaming bobby at the end:)

miller0863
22nd December 2020, 02:43 AM
If we are to retain our title and win No7 we really need Bobby to be on it.
I don’t remember him ever playing really well and us losing.

Insidious
22nd December 2020, 09:37 AM
An off topic thread perhaps ? Your last post on here was interesting

On Birds? Aye I could probably manage that.

Insidious
23rd December 2020, 06:28 PM
Footage of Bobby bullying the other children at school.

Kev0909
4th January 2021, 11:02 PM
World

Class

miller0863
5th January 2021, 12:11 AM
Dire

Kev0909
17th January 2021, 07:31 PM
World class

Kev0909
17th January 2021, 07:32 PM

because he is

justme
17th January 2021, 07:34 PM
Again Firmino scoring contributions in the last year and half is completely terrible. which other top club in the world. would allow a player to go that amount of games without a goal?? any??

ianlfc
17th January 2021, 07:47 PM
He was awful tonight, bur there's others as well.

Kev0909
17th January 2021, 07:48 PM
He was awful tonight, bur there's others as well.

he's always awful

but there's other aswell haahaha

nearly at 40pts

Balinkay
17th January 2021, 07:49 PM
Had one truly quality moment - the backheel to Mane... the rest was mostly crap.

ianlfc
17th January 2021, 07:53 PM
he's always awful

nearly at 40pts

always ? Short memory some people.
This time last year YOU were saying he's the best in the world !! Your words not mine. 😆😆

jozza800
17th January 2021, 07:53 PM
he's always awful

nearly at 40pts

Take your pick. Firmino is getting pelters (and quite rightly) but Salah and Mane have been just as bad for the last month. If the two, Mane in particular
He's been very poor for months now.

I'd be gutted if I were Origi and I'd be instructing my agent to find me a.new club. He's not the answer, but he (and Minamino) can't be any worse.

Kev0909
17th January 2021, 07:54 PM
always ? Short memory some people.
This time last year YOU were saying he's the best in the world !! Your words not mine. ����

I've been saying how shit he is for ages now!!!!!!!!

haters use to hate me for it

but haters gonna hate

NOT ANYMORE

HA-HA

ianlfc
17th January 2021, 08:03 PM
Take your pick. Firmino is getting pelters (and quite rightly) but Salah and Mane have been just as bad for the last month. If the two, Mane in particular
He's been very poor for months now.

I'd be gutted if I were Origi and I'd be instructing my agent to find me a.new club. He's not the answer, but he (and Minamino) can't be any worse.

My feeling exactly.

Nineteenx
17th January 2021, 08:12 PM
To be fair to all our forwards, they started the season in title winning form, Klopp played them our of form pissing about with their positions, no two ways about it

teesred
17th January 2021, 08:54 PM
All 3 way out of sorts, one of them needs to snap out of it sharpish.
I've said a few times now I think Firmino could have peaked. This isn't a bad spell now, we are talking over a year.
The front as a unit needs something different. I know we've got Jota and ges one for the future but maybe Salah,Firmino and Mane have had their time together. 4 and 5 years at LFC now. Thats a long time for a front 3 to stay together.

Nineteenx
17th January 2021, 09:04 PM
All 3 way out of sorts, one of them needs to snap out of it sharpish.
I've said a few times now I think Firmino could have peaked. This isn't a bad spell now, we are talking over a year.
The front as a unit needs something different. I know we've got Jota and ges one for the future but maybe Salah,Firmino and Mane have had their time together. 4 and 5 years at LFC now. Thats a long time for a front 3 to stay together.

I have every faith in them and wish people would consider the following:

They haven't had the opportunity to play in our best 11 for any games let alone a run of games with the midfield 3 of Hendo, Gini and Thiago

The planned evolution of our play and developing it with the high press we were able to play with Virigl and Matip or Joe at CB, which would no doubt have seen greater variation of movement by our forwards and our full backs in opening sides up, including the forwards opening the channels between RB and RCB and LB and LCB for Thiago to thread balls through and play the full backs in and find different runs from the forwards hasn't had any opportunity to take place and even start developing yet, we've played 18 games and haven't once been able to field the midfield 3 of Hendo, Gini and Thiago

We rarely passed through team the last 2 seasons at all, a great many of our goals were through winning second balls, robbing opponents or recycling a cleared ball from a set piece in great areas high up and creating from there and because of injuries we haven't been able to play like that

teesred
17th January 2021, 09:19 PM
All good points. The loss of Virgil is being felt big now. The midfield and defence are feeling it.
Personally do feel Firmino is becoming a real issue. You simply can't have a forward who misses so many chances, he had 2 good opportunities today, one which he couldn't have hit wider if he tried. Hes the one in that front 3 who should be worrying about his place the most.
We have had a lot of chop and change due to injuries so maybe I'm being harsh and over the top with the front 3 needing a refresh.

Nineteenx
17th January 2021, 09:47 PM
All good points. The loss of Virgil is being felt big now. The midfield and defence are feeling it.
Personally do feel Firmino is becoming a real issue. You simply can't have a forward who misses so many chances, he had 2 good opportunities today, one which he couldn't have hit wider if he tried. Hes the one in that front 3 who should be worrying about his place the most.
We have had a lot of chop and change due to injuries so maybe I'm being harsh and over the top with the front 3 needing a refresh.

My main disappointment has been the lack of variation of movement between the forwards and full backs and our not further developing our full backs games and contributions this season.

They get to play a lot higher up for a lot more time than the full backs of any other side in world football, they get to do so at the expense of having attacking midfielders and our midfielders getting further forward more often.

People talk, quite a lot, about my belief in one way of playing, but that's pertinently untrue, I'm always looking for and expecting Jurgen, the coaching staff and our players to expand on and evolve how we play, a big part of that HAS tp be evolving how our full backs play and contribute given what we sacrifice in other areas to allow them to play so high

We should even with the injury issues we've had and having had Thiago missing for most games, have already started the evolution of our full backs play and contribution as although at times there wouldn't be a player to release them, they could and should at least be being found in the half space between opposition RB and RCB and LB and LCB in a position to put an early low ball into the box in behind both CB's towards the penalty spot/far post.

Creating those situations isn't reliant of us having Virgil or Thiago, it only requires the deliberate movement of the LFWD or RFWD to take the full back very wide to the corner, the LCM or RCM to back them up down the line to allow Robbo or Trent to be found with a late run to arrive in that position to put in an early low cross or burst through the channel into the box with the ball

It's also hugely disappointing, that given the quality of the delivery of both, we haven't worked on both putting more balls in from deeper when in a wider position, it is on so many times in every game for both of them, more Robbo than Trent, where they can still play the ball through the channel between LB and LCB or RB and RCB or over LCB or RCB dipping just past the penalty spot towards the far post

For me, they should already be doing those things and both should be getting more goals

Those balls might at first not always have a player connect with them to turn them home, but putting them in there more frequently will surely prompt the variation of movement of the forwards until there are players arriving to connect with them in no time at all, and there we are, simply, easily doable variation of play and movement, with what we currently have at our disposal to better create and score goals against the sides that park the bus

People can slate our midfield all they like, the reality is, in Jurgen's set up, they, Gini and Hendo in particular have been used to create a platform for both our full backs to operate in areas other teams would have a more attacking mid, and they and Jurgen and the coaching staff aren't currently doing nearly enough to maximise that and expand on it

Insidious
17th January 2021, 11:23 PM
Teams playing as deep as they do currently will limit Bobby's effectiveness. He is a counter-pressing Monster, but we are getting very few chances to counter-press in comparison to the past when faced with these 4-5-1 and 6-3-1 walls that will become the norm for us to face as we become a more possession-based and less transition-focused side.

I wouldn't be bombing Firmino out as I absolutely love what he brings to the Table in certain types of games and European matches especially will yield opportunities with him when it comes to transitions and counter-pressing, but I do think we are evolving to a point where someone else may in time push him further down the pecking order due to being a better fit for the direction we are headed in, be it Jota or someone else. Alternatively, some tactical tweaking may re-ignite Bobby a bit, but his capacity to contribute to the extent we would like has been wavering a little during this evolution of ours over the last 18 months or so.

It's fantastic to have his situational movement, vision, and creativity when he is in form and we are getting opportunities to transition but those two circumstances (and their overlap) seem few and far between right now.

teesred
18th January 2021, 12:22 AM
Teams playing as deep as they do currently will limit Bobby's effectiveness. He is a counter-pressing Monster, but we are getting very few chances to counter-press in comparison to the past when faced with these 4-5-1 and 6-3-1 walls that will become the norm for us to face as we become a more possession-based and less transition-focused side.

I wouldn't be bombing Firmino out as I absolutely love what he brings to the Table in certain types of games and European matches especially will yield opportunities with him when it comes to transitions and counter-pressing, but I do think we are evolving to a point where someone else may in time push him further down the pecking order due to being a better fit for the direction we are headed in, be it Jota or someone else. Alternatively, some tactical tweaking may re-ignite Bobby a bit, but his capacity to contribute to the extent we would like has been wavering a little during this evolution of ours over the last 18 months or so.

It's fantastic to have his situational movement, vision, and creativity when he is in form and we are getting opportunities to transition but those two circumstances (and their overlap) seem few and far between right now.

Teams have worked us out by defending deep so that makes his role difficult to justify when he's not scoring. We can say Salah and Mane aren't either but thry are only just recently off the boil. Firmino has been poor fir some time now.
Teams playing a high line against know they're getting taken out. It was happening a fair bit last season but we had a fair amount of luck and late goals that got us out of the jam.

eggy81
18th January 2021, 01:18 AM
Teams have worked us out by defending deep so that makes his role difficult to justify when he's not scoring. We can say Salah and Mane aren't either but thry are only just recently off the boil. Firmino has been poor fir some time now.
Teams playing a high line against know they're getting taken out. It was happening a fair bit last season but we had a fair amount of luck and late goals that got us out of the jam.

The problem isn’t Bobby’s play and contribution around the pitch. The problem is that he doesn’t score anything outside of a tap in these days. The goal Kane scored today none of our front 3 would have scored.

miller0863
18th January 2021, 12:29 PM
To be fair eggy, Mo has belted one or two in from outside the box.