PDA

View Full Version : Injury/Covid infection Update Thread 20/21

Pages : [1] 2

Insidious
14th October 2020, 09:10 AM
I know Google exists for people, but given the relatively unique circumstances surrounding this season and how quickly things can develop with Covid and the tests (Keita tested positive for Covid, a second test suggests a negative now, so presumably in the fold for Everton) for it that it might be an idea to keep a rolling thread for injury/Covid updates - particularly handy for a quick point of reference for folks prior to posts in "Your team against" threads or just casual chats with fellow fans.

Insidious
14th October 2020, 09:12 AM
Mane, Thiago and Matip back in training - pictured at training session taken 13/10/20.

justme
14th October 2020, 09:30 AM
I nearly tripped over last week..Doing fine now!

Insidious
16th October 2020, 04:56 PM
I nearly tripped over last week..Doing fine now!

#prayforjustme

*changes profile picture on Facebook*

Klopp says Naby Keita won't be involved for the Derby.

Insidious
17th October 2020, 11:17 PM
Given how concerned people are about the possibility of Van Dijk facing an extended lay-off, I thought it was a good time to remind folks that Alisson was due to be out for 4-6 weeks.

With two of those weeks having elapsed already and Klopp having said that the physios feel he is making great progress.

So we will see him soon enough.

RedNoodle
17th October 2020, 11:24 PM
Given how concerned people are about the possibility of Van Dijk facing an extended lay-off, I thought it was a good time to remind folks that Alisson was due to be out for 4-6 weeks.

With two of those weeks having elapsed already and Klopp having said that the physios feel he is making great progress.

So we will see him soon enough.

Don't temp fate Sid.

Insidious
18th October 2020, 12:53 PM
Carl Markham@carlmarkham·2m.
@VirgilvDijk to see a consultant today regarding the knee injury sustained in yesterday's Merseyside derby.
@LFC clearly concerned about the potential damage

Carl Markham@carlmarkham·1m
On @Thiago6, @LFC more hopeful his injury is not as serious - which it appeared not to be at the time as he played on.

James Pearce@JamesPearceLFC·2m
#LFC expect to know more on Van Dijk once he has seen a consultant later today amid fears he’s facing a lengthy spell out with a knee injury.

Kev0909
18th October 2020, 06:03 PM
VVD having surgery, not good.

just have to believe in karma in times like this.

Pigsy
18th October 2020, 06:05 PM
VVD having surgery, not good.

just have to believe in karma in times like this.

Yep confirmed as ACL damage, hopefully not a full rupture.

jozza800
18th October 2020, 06:06 PM
Yep confirmed as ACL damage, hopefully not a full rupture.

Fingers crossed. Otherwise we wont see him again this season.

southernboy
18th October 2020, 06:08 PM
I hope Pickford is as proud of himself as the majority of Everton fans are.

Balinkay
18th October 2020, 06:10 PM
Reading between the lines of the ol' twitter (the A grade sources) he'll be out until next year.

Balinkay
18th October 2020, 06:27 PM
Pearce confirms he's unlikely to play again this season.

Kev0909
18th October 2020, 06:29 PM

Great.

Gomez lovers be happy.

everton fans are probably loving it

cunts

Pigsy
18th October 2020, 06:30 PM

Need to get through to Christmas and get a big name in.

Balinkay
This just got a whole lot more interesting. Very exciting how we'll deal with this, but still...

Fucking hell....

dicko1969
6 to 9 months
April at the earliest.
Let's all get a voodoo doll 😶

jozza800
18th October 2020, 06:31 PM
This just got a whole lot more interesting. Very exciting how we'll deal with this, but still...

Fucking hell....

I'm not sure i'd describe it as exciting!

miller0863
18th October 2020, 06:32 PM
Fucking hell and not even a booking.

No protection from the officials whatsoever, still just as annoyed as I was yesterday

Balinkay
18th October 2020, 06:32 PM
I'm not sure i'd describe it as exciting!

It's a bit perverted, I know, but I am genuinely very interested to see how we'll deal with this.

dicko1969
18th October 2020, 06:33 PM
Matip Gomez
Gonna be fun

Hoping for an Alisson speedy recovery.
That will help the back 4.

Nathaniel Phillips on the bench then.
Cannot rely on the 18yos

miller0863
18th October 2020, 06:34 PM
Bali that just has to be lost in translation, the rest of us are totally mortified by the news.

dicko1969
18th October 2020, 06:35 PM
I guess even if back in April he will be eased back in like Oxlade was over a few months.

Then he goes maybe to the Euros frigging internationals... grrr

dicko1969
18th October 2020, 06:36 PM
Maybe Gonez and Matip will take more responsibility.
Leadership.
Both are too nice.
Both aren't very vocal.

Kev0909
18th October 2020, 06:37 PM
Matip Gomez
Gonna be fun

Hoping for an Alisson speedy recovery.
That will help the back 4.

Nathaniel Phillips on the bench then.
Cannot rely on the 18yos

Fabinho will play at CB more

"excited" isn't the word i'd use atm to describe it balinkay but i'm sure you don't mean it like how it sounds obviously!

Villa have already put 7 past us this season, and now we don't have VVD

Oh dear.

jozza800
18th October 2020, 06:37 PM
It's a bit perverted, I know, but I am genuinely very interested to see how we'll deal with this.

I'm going out on a limb and say not very well...

I think I can say for certainty that we would not have won a European Cup and League title without him. I'd have 'sacrificed' any other player to keep him fit. Klopp aside he's had the biggest influence on this club since he signed.

southernboy
18th October 2020, 06:39 PM
I assume there is a January transfer window? If we can get that far in reasonable shape, maybe we can get someone in. Should have kept Lovren.

miller0863
18th October 2020, 06:41 PM
Should have replaced Lovren SB

Balinkay
18th October 2020, 06:44 PM
I'm going out on a limb and say not very well...

I think I can say for certainty that we would not have won a European Cup and League title without him. I'd have 'sacrificed' any other player to keep him fit. Klopp aside he's had the biggest influence on this club since he signed.

I cannot disagree with anything you've said there. Not really. And yet... I don't know... let's see how good we are without him. That's an intriguing prospect, Shirley?

Bali that just has to be lost in translation, the rest of us are totally mortified by the news.

Unfortunately it's not. Don't get me wrong, I'm absolutely devastated at the news - real talk here, we can kiss any chance we'd have had at the title or CL goodbye. But I can't help but feel this sort of challenge is something I've not seen this Liverpool team get through yet. I see it as a potential for a triumph and rush of adrenaline even greater than the last two years. Can you imagine the scenes if we end up winning one of the big two with no VVD and no Alisson for a significant period of time? It'll be fucking glorious! That's the melancholic romantic teen in me speaking, but this is the shite legend is made of.

This team has shown it's no sin to mention it in the same breath as our all-time greats. Let's see if it can force its way into the conversation as to who tops that list.

Edit: And in a way it takes the pressure off us. Noone will expect us to do extremely well without that colossus. That might show us a side to some other players like Joeresi we've not seen yet.

CCTV
18th October 2020, 06:45 PM
Not surprised, my initial reaction was he'd been hobbled by thugford.
Klopp demeanour coming out for the second half was one of a gutted man.

Kev0909
18th October 2020, 06:46 PM
I cannot disagree with anything you've said there. Not really. And yet... I don't know... let's see how good we are without him. That's an intriguing prospect, Shirley?

Unfortunately it's not. Don't get me wrong, I'm absolutely devastated at the news - real talk here, we can kiss any chance we'd have had at the title or CL goodbye. But I can't help but feel this sort of challenge is something I've not seen this Liverpool team get through yet. I see it as a potential for a triumph and rush of adrenaline even greater than the last two years. Can you imagine the scenes if we end up winning one of the big two with no VVD and no Alisson for a significant period of time? It'll be fucking glorious! That's the melancholic romantic teen in me speaking, but this is the shite legend is made of.

That's the spirit, bit early to right us off yet, even without VVD

won't be easy but doable with this team that won last year with ease.

Balinkay
18th October 2020, 06:47 PM
That's the spirit, bit early to right us off yet, even without VVD

Ok, ok - you're right. Any significant chance / likelihood / position of favorite. Let's put it that way. We'd have been second favourites for the CL without him and first for the PL. Now we're not top5 in Europe and definitely not top in the PL.

Kev0909
18th October 2020, 06:49 PM
Ok, ok - you're right. Any significant chance / likelihood / position of favorite. Let's put it that way. We'd have been second favourites for the CL without him and first for the PL. Now we're not top5 in Europe and definitely not top in the PL.

Yeah well i'd forget about the CL tbh, getting through the group has just got a lot harder, never mind anything else

Any more injury's we're very thin.

but mr.reliable matip is back i'm sure he'll last the season without getting injured again.. ehhhh pigs can fllllly

miller0863
18th October 2020, 06:50 PM
Must be looking at options for the January window now, surely

Kev0909
18th October 2020, 06:52 PM

you'd think so you never know

Has FSG spent to much this summer already for them?

And klopp hates the january window, but... you'd think so surely?

Eitherway a long time to go still.

miller0863
18th October 2020, 06:57 PM
Bought a couple of cracking players in January in recent times

Kev0909
18th October 2020, 06:59 PM

Problem who is out there?, everyone knows we'll need a CB now too, and clubs don't really want to sell mid-season but there is exceptions yea.

southernboy
18th October 2020, 06:59 PM
Should have replaced Lovren SB

Absolutely mate. It was a comment made with tongue firmly in cheek! Just wondering who we could get. I still like the guy at Leicester but I doubt they’d be willing to sell him.

dicko1969
18th October 2020, 07:00 PM
Still a lot of character in the team
A big blow
But Mane Salah scoring goals
Thiago in midfield with Henderson and Fabinho
A back 5 with Alisson.

It could be an open league this season.

No supporters seems to be making a difference to away results.

Laporte missing at man c.
Arsenal chelsea spurs and mu inconsistent
Chelsea defence lol
Arsenal squad lol
Manu with pogba lol
Spurs lol

dicko1969
18th October 2020, 07:01 PM
Problem who is out there?, everyone knows we'll need a CB now too, and clubs don't really want to sell mid-season but there is exceptions yea.

Plus players still in the CL with their club.
Mind you I think the rule changed.

dicko1969
18th October 2020, 07:06 PM

Andy Carroll

LEGS
18th October 2020, 07:15 PM
I'm not sure we'll sign a top CB in Jan we'll get fleeced.

We might just have to go with what we have plus the kids.

You have to strongly fancy Man City now at this stage id be happy with CL and VVD coming back something close to his best.

Insidious
18th October 2020, 07:17 PM
Very unfortunate loss, but this is a team game and a squad game.

We will adapt. The League is showing signs of being very open this season anyway so I don't think it will require a points tally in the upper 90s to take the League - more likely 85-88 points or so with more sides being capable of getting points from each other, lack of Home/Away atmosphere throwing up strange results and so on.

Game at a time, week at a time. We might even choose a double-pivot to offer more protection to the defensive line.

Getting Alisson back will help.

teesred
18th October 2020, 07:24 PM

I seriously would not bank on that.
No fans, no money coming in. FSG will not splurge on a defender without any resale coming back for them. We'd need to pay massively as any club knows we'd be desperate.
Let's just hope what we have is going to be enough. We are still an excellent side even without him but winning the league will be very hard now.

southernboy
18th October 2020, 07:25 PM
Trying to put a positive spin on things, VVD has played a hell of a lot of games in the last couple of years; maybe more than anyone. He hasn't looked his normal assured self recently. Maybe a rest wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for him long-term. #glass-half-full

teesred
18th October 2020, 07:31 PM
Looking on the bright side also, imagine if this had happened last season. Not taking away from how bad it is obviously.

Steveo
18th October 2020, 07:41 PM
It is an absolute hammer blow BUT we have to find a way. Think we will too.

That might be because I have had the best part of a superb bottle of red - but that is me right now.

teesred
18th October 2020, 07:53 PM
It is an absolute hammer blow BUT we have to find a way. Think we will too.

That might be because I have had the best part of a superb bottle of red - but that is me right now.

Lolz. No mate it ain't the red, I like your way of thinking.

Steveo
18th October 2020, 08:08 PM
If we have learned anything under Jurgen Klopp - it is that we never give up. We fight and we find a way: look at last season - so many times we looked like the points were gone or the game lost even - but came back with all 3. It will be tough and we might lose more but looking at the league this season - no fans - looks like points will be dropped all over the place. We have lost Virgil - it’s bad BUT we have gained an immense talent in Thiago. Jota is no slouch either to add to our superb front line..

We are an amazing side with or without Virgil. Yes he is the best around and no team would be as strong without him - but we can cope - we have the quality.

Insidious
18th October 2020, 08:10 PM
James Pearce reporting Alisson scheduled to return before the end of October.

teesred
18th October 2020, 08:21 PM
James Pearce reporting Alisson scheduled to return before the end of October.
That will have been around 4 weeks. Some decent news.

miller0863
18th October 2020, 08:21 PM
We will cope far better with Alisson than without, hopefully it will focus the lads’ minds on getting back to keeping the opposition away from our goal. We seem to have forgotten how we used to be the best in the league at restricting the number of chances allowed on our goal.

Insidious
18th October 2020, 11:37 PM
That will have been around 4 weeks. Some decent news.

It will give everyone a big lift and it will help us to concede less, which is a great platform to build on when coupled with our possession game.

teesred
19th October 2020, 06:26 AM
Carra saying on sky we "certainly" have to go into the transfer market in January due to us being weak in that area anyway with what we have being injury prone. Hes not wrong.
I just do not see that happening at all though.

RedNoodle
19th October 2020, 08:07 AM
Carra saying on sky we "certainly" have to go into the transfer market in January due to us being weak in that area anyway with what we have being injury prone. Hes not wrong.

That will provide more evidence that FSG are not quite as great as some think they are, and that they are trying to do things on the cheap.

We should have bought a number of quality backups before now. I also doubt that 'we' will make 'good use' of the January transfer window. Even if we do, it will be a case of "trying to close the stable door after the horse has bolted".

Insidious
19th October 2020, 09:13 AM

We all want depth, but Van Dijk started 94 Premier League matches in a row for us, so it was always Van Dijk and one other (in the League) so we had Matip, Gomez and Lovren as options.

Now we have Matip, Gomez and utility option of Fabinho, whose absence from midfield (when he plays centre-back) still leaves Henderson, Wijnaldum, Keita, Ox, Milner and Thiago for 3 midfield positions.

We also don't yet know if Tsimikas will be considered (as depth, not first choice) for centre-back as I think (happy to be corrected of course) he has played there before.

Plus we have a couple of young prospects to draw upon if desperate. There's little point paying £80k per week or whatever to someone who will spend most of their career with us sitting on the bench when that's half the wages of a £160k per week player, so it is something of a balancing act.

For me, even without Van Dijk, we are one of Europe's top sides. So I would be pretty hesitant to go into the January market to acquire someone at an inflated price when we have enough to cope without and still challenge for the League and Champion's League.

Kev0909
19th October 2020, 09:14 AM

Same not to mention cb's seem to be in demand right now amongst everything else

teesred
19th October 2020, 09:36 AM
We all want depth, but Van Dijk started 94 Premier League matches in a row for us, so it was always Van Dijk and one other (in the League) so we had Matip, Gomez and Lovren as options.

Now we have Matip, Gomez and utility option of Fabinho, whose absence from midfield (when he plays centre-back) still leaves Henderson, Wijnaldum, Keita, Ox, Milner and Thiago for 3 midfield positions.

We also don't yet know if Tsimikas will be considered (as depth, not first choice) for centre-back as I think (happy to be corrected of course) he has played there before.

Plus we have a couple of young prospects to draw upon if desperate. There's little point paying £80k per week or whatever to someone who will spend most of their career with us sitting on the bench when that's half the wages of a £160k per week player, so it is something of a balancing act.

For me, even without Van Dijk, we are one of Europe's top sides. So I would be pretty hesitant to go into the January market to acquire someone at an inflated price when we have enough to cope without and still challenge for the League and Champion's League.

It's a case of upgrading what was alongside VvD. Matip is good-alongside VvD. Gomez is good-alongside VvD. Theyre not as good without him but then not many defenders would be,the reliance on him hasnt been addressed. Before we signed him we had major issues at CB theres no hiding that ( but also before we signed Alisson so that's something worth noting that might lessen the impact of his absence).
I like all of us hope the others can do what's needed. It might end up that we have a pairing between the three of Gomez,Matip and Fab that ends up being brilliant.
We'll find out soon.

teesred
19th October 2020, 09:38 AM
Same not to mention cb's seem to be in demand right now amongst everything else

True. Defence seems to have gone out of the window since the season started.
Dean Smith said in his interview yesterday that no fans,the short pre season is having an impact on everyone's games.

CCTV
19th October 2020, 11:32 AM

Hopefully we'll be in contention for the league and qualified for the cl ko stages.
We have plenty of time to arrange a deal and get a player in who would replace Lovrens berth in the squad.
I'd happily see us pay a little bit more for a first team quality, young enough CB. In and around Gomez/Matip quality. It seems VVD will be out for the season really, so plenty of games to play in for a new arrival.

Keita & Ox have poor fitness records, Hendos had a few issues lately and we'll see with Thiago. Leaving Gini and Milner as ever presents fitness wise. Maybe Gini is cashed out in January though, robbing midfield might not be the wisest strategy for a long & condensed season.
Add to that Gomez and Matip have missed a fair few games with injury. Which is another good reason to sign a CB & an enticement for a would be addition.

Transfermarkt saying Tsimikas hasn't played CB, LB and LM. William's did well in the efl games, guess he's the youth prospect klopp rates

LEGS
19th October 2020, 11:53 AM
Matip went for a scan Saturday its all clear but may miss Ajax game.

Balinkay
19th October 2020, 12:11 PM

What the actual fuck is up with him? Saying he's made of buscuits is an affront to all biscuits (you lot dunk them in tea and expect them to hold their structural integrity, no?).

LEGS
19th October 2020, 12:16 PM
It says muscle injury now im hoping it is because he hasnt played for months.

Personally we cant risk him at Ajax and Klopp may think the same way too.

Kev0909
19th October 2020, 12:37 PM
It says muscle injury now im hoping it is because he hasnt played for months.

Personally we cant risk him at Ajax and Klopp may think the same way too.

For fuck sake, i hope so but we all know he's going to get injured again and again

Hard times.

I'm so sick of injury prone players in the squad some really are stealing a living here, it's a joke and I don't mean matip as such. (there's a reason he was a free agent, probably his fitness record)

Steveo
19th October 2020, 12:42 PM
What the actual fuck is up with him? Saying he's made of buscuits is an affront to all biscuits (you lot dunk them in tea and expect them to hold their structural integrity, no?).

Rich Tea fingers... Bloody hell - not even one game back...

jozza800
19th October 2020, 12:48 PM
True. Defence seems to have gone out of the window since the season started.
Dean Smith said in his interview yesterday that no fans,the short pre season is having an impact on everyone's games.

Definitely! Over 3.5 goals is the bet this season.

Kev0909
19th October 2020, 12:54 PM
Definitely! Over 3.5 goals is the bet this season.

the bookies are bloody smart though, probably slashed the odds all over the park

teesred
19th October 2020, 01:46 PM

I got a picture of him at the hospital sent to me earlier but wasnt sure of it was just mischief making by someone using a previous photo.
Therein lies the issue with him. One game back and potentially could have been out straight away. We just cant rely on him at all.
The chances of him staying fit for the rest of the season are virtually nil.

LEGS
19th October 2020, 03:06 PM
I got a picture of him at the hospital sent to me earlier but wasnt sure of it was just mischief making by someone using a previous photo.
Therein lies the issue with him. One game back and potentially could have been out straight away. We just cant rely on him at all.
The chances of him staying fit for the rest of the season are virtually nil.

Agreed and some people saying Henderson can cover if need be that is scary.

Henderson is NEEDED in midfield and if need be we will have to play Williams you never know he might do a great job.

Kev0909
19th October 2020, 03:12 PM
Agreed and some people saying Henderson can cover if need be that is scary.

Henderson is NEEDED in midfield and if need be we will have to play Williams you never know he might do a great job.

it will be fabinho and gomez

then again 2-3 players in are midfield are constantly injured

Insidious
19th October 2020, 08:21 PM
Klopp on Thiago: "He got a knock, a proper knock. All the rest, we have to see. It’s not even close to being as serious [as Virgil van Dijk]. But will he be ready for Wednesday? I don’t know yet. We will see."

The fact that he hasn't been completely rules out for Wednesday suggests he'll be back relatively quickly, even if he were to miss a week or two.

That's pretty encouraging.

Kev0909
19th October 2020, 08:24 PM
Yeeeeeeeeeeeaha great news sid!

Means fabinho can play CB waheeey!!!!! with Gomez!!

19X will be even more happy than me!

dicko1969
19th October 2020, 10:11 PM
Our back 4 £11.5m
Man c £220m
Manu £150m

Kev0909
19th October 2020, 10:23 PM
I hope VVD gets back to the same player you know, look what happened to gomez

I'm not going to be falsey positive about things when things are pretty shit.

This season no fans, is a joke anyway, I'd be amazed if it's completed- so who cares it's a load of shit

Look at fucking VAR etc, fuck it, i don't care roll on next season

LEGS
19th October 2020, 10:47 PM
I hope VVD gets back to the same player you know, look what happened to gomez

I'm not going to be falsey positive about things when things are pretty shit.

This season no fans, is a joke anyway, I'd be amazed if it's completed- so who cares it's a load of shit

Look at fucking VAR etc, fuck it, i don't care roll on next season

If we are top we carry but if not it would be pretty funny if it got null & voided with Everton top !

It wont happen though the season will be completed BCD.

I agree Kev its not very enjoyable and how Sky/BT have the nerve to charge the same price let aline PPV is beyond me.

PPV is dangerous as this is how boxing started odd fight here and there, now you have average fighters on PPV its a joke really.

justme
20th October 2020, 09:57 AM
I am trying to think back, I'm sure VVD had a long injury lay off when he was at Southampton.But i don't know what exact the injury was? does anyone know/remember?

Steveo
20th October 2020, 10:27 AM
I am trying to think back, I'm sure VVD had a long injury lay off when he was at Southampton.But i don't know what exact the injury was? does anyone know/remember?

2016/17 Ankle Injury Jan 26, 2017 - Jun 11, 2017 -----------136 days---------Southampton FC

Steveo
20th October 2020, 11:51 AM
Anyone noticed the absence of Femmefootyfan...? Hasn't been seen since August!!! Worrying..

Hope she is ok.

Balinkay
20th October 2020, 12:15 PM
Yeesh. Good point. Hope there's nothing wrong.

Though she was never the most active of posters - could just be that.

justme
20th October 2020, 02:14 PM
2016/17 Ankle Injury Jan 26, 2017 - Jun 11, 2017 -----------136 days---------Southampton FC
over 4 month so a long lay off

teesred
20th October 2020, 02:33 PM
Pearce saying No Thiago or Biscuits at training today so Fab and Gomez for tomorrow.
One game back and biscuit is already out. Absolutely ridiculous.

Kev0909
20th October 2020, 02:38 PM
Pearce saying No Thiago or Biscuits at training today so Fab and Gomez for tomorrow.

Any idea when he's contracted to?

Hopefully not much longer, like a few of the crooks

oh yeah he got a new five year contract didn't he?

2024 hilarious might get a full season in total out of him by time he's 33 (in the next 4 seasons in total)

Steveo
20th October 2020, 03:39 PM

Any idea on the prognosis for Thiago?

teesred
20th October 2020, 03:57 PM
Any idea on the prognosis for Thiago?

He never said but it has been reported that it's nowhere near the seriousness of VvDs but that could still mean a few games or weeks.

Insidious
20th October 2020, 07:38 PM
Keita trained and could feature against Ajax.

teesred
20th October 2020, 08:04 PM
Keita trained and could hopefully not feature against Ajax.
Fixed. Lolz etc.

Kev0909
20th October 2020, 08:18 PM
Fixed. Lolz etc.

https://i2-prod.walesonline.co.uk/incoming/article10793941.ece/ALTERNATES/s810/joe-allen.jpg

only one player that can save us now

Steveo
20th October 2020, 09:02 PM
Aah yes - he’s only the Guinean Allen. :D

teesred
21st October 2020, 05:17 PM
David Ormstein from Anfield watch saying Virgils injury is worse than first thought and he most definitely wont be back thos season.

Steveo
21st October 2020, 05:29 PM
David Ormstein from Anfield watch saying Virgils injury is worse than first thought and he most definitely wont be back thos season.

Oh Shite...!! Let's hope to god he is back for next season..

Insidious
21st October 2020, 06:20 PM

Nobody else reporting it that I can see - not sure it that makes it more (or less) reliable.

Not heartening to hear.

teesred
21st October 2020, 07:03 PM
Nobody else reporting it that I can see - not sure it that makes it more (or less) reliable.

Not heartening to hear.

Yeah I'm not sure how reliable he is. Personally didnt expect him back this season but like Steveo says hopefully it doesnt go into next season.
If he doesnt play this one so be it. Needs to be right for the next one.

Crimson Dynasty
21st October 2020, 07:13 PM
Even if he was ever going to be able to come back from the injury this season, in all likelihood he wouldn't have been able to get back to full speed and fully to 100%.

ACL injuries are notoriously difficult to come back from and to recover your full fitness from - across all sports, and most so for football which is really heavily reliant on mobility and durability on that part of the leg.

Best hope is once the club determine a reasonable timeline for his return, that they give him enough time to recover fully and hopefully we get him closer to 100% next season than potentially a 50-60% Virgil with a couple of weeks left in the season and a high risk for re-aggravating it and setting our next season back as well.

The irony of all this is that with all the Center-backs we're now being linked with (Koulibay, Upemecano(sp?),...etc.) for the January window, we might actually end up getting that perfect Center-Back partner for him....

.......but for next season.

I at hope we get back Allison by the end of the month like he's expected to return. And perhaps one of the youngsters will surprise us and step up into the role filling in at CB - though, more likely Fabby and Hendo will end up logging a lot more minutes back there than either had hoped for..

dicko1969
22nd October 2020, 01:04 AM
When is

Ox back!?

And likelihood of Thiago Keita and Matip fit.

Good to see Shaqiri back. He looked sharp and full of running . His passing was brilliant tonight .

Seems like Rhys Williams ahead of Billy and VDB .

dicko1969
22nd October 2020, 01:05 AM
Mane ice on his leg.

Joetan991
22nd October 2020, 03:23 AM
I hope his ACL operation is minor one, He still able to walk out of the field. I hope it is not too serious.

Insidious
22nd October 2020, 07:09 AM
Mane ice on his leg.

Highly doubt that is anything to worry about, thankfully. A lot of players will ice their legs after matches as part of accelerated muscle recovery and I don't think Klopp or anyone mentioned a knock - weekend is approaching quickly so we will no doubt know either way very soon.

Balinkay
22nd October 2020, 07:12 AM
Klopp said Manè's had a dead leg for a few days and just preventively puts ice on it whenever not playing.

dicko1969
22nd October 2020, 07:42 AM
Origi ?

faridtoxteth
22nd October 2020, 05:11 PM
Don't know which thread to pit this in really...
I have seen enough of Rhys Williams to feel that if push came to shove, if Trent needed a rest for a game for example in the upcoming rush of fixtures, that I would feel fairly confident to have Rhys Williams partnering a kind of mentor at centre back like Fabinho, and move Joe Gomez to right back. I would prefer that to having Neko Williams at right back, who I think needs a loan spell somewhere.
Also people have talked about Trent moving up into midfield. But I am not sure if he has played midfield in our system. Where would he play in midfield? I think he has a skill set which is better than we realise though.

justincredible
23rd October 2020, 09:51 AM
Good news on Big Bear Ali....

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1351205/Liverpool-news-Jurgen-Klopp-Alisson-injury-boost-return-West-Ham

Insidious
23rd October 2020, 10:28 AM
Excellent news if he can start against West Ham.

It's a long season, so if he is "98% ready" the night before, I'd hope we used Adrian for that one game extra, just to get Alisson safely to "100%" - the team is no one-man band and we should be able to manage games without player, be it Alisson, Van Dijk, or whoever.

Saying that, if he is definitely READY ready for West Ham, get him in there :lol:

Hopefully Thiago back soon too. The City game is fast-approaching. More a must-not-lose than a must-win to me, but would be bloody brilliant if we could bag all three.

Sheffield first!

justme
26th October 2020, 11:53 PM
Any actual news on whats happening with Matip and Keita?

Insidious
27th October 2020, 12:12 AM
Any actual news on whats happening with Matip and Keita?

Keita apparently injured, but was in training prior to a recent match, which suggests an injury in training.

Hopefully minor. I really rate Keita's ability (I know some don't and respect your opinion as we don't see his best often enough) but he would need to be available more - treatment table players can't contribute from a position of being unavailable and I'd always rather have a couple of fit utility players than specialists that are always out.

If Matip, Ox and Keita keep up their records much longer in that department, I'd definitely look at changes - and I really, really like all 3 players!

dicko1969
27th October 2020, 02:05 AM
Injuries going to be a real issue this season.
Many games over a shorter period.
Plus a core of our players aged 29yo +/-

Kev0909
27th October 2020, 02:33 PM
Injuries going to be a real issue this season.
Many games over a shorter period.
Plus a core of our players aged 29yo +/-

To be fair it's the same players so far as last season.

They need to go.

Klopps system will just break said players more, need naturally fit players, not ones out more than half a season every season, it's pathetic with a long line of injuries, they can't handle it here, that's about it.

That's why I was a little worried about thiago, but we'll see

we'll have a new nickname soon, "crooked fc" - same 4-5 players forever injured, but it makes sense why matip was let go for example for free, and shaqiri was cheap don't think Ox was worth the money either the lad has barely started for us over 3 seasons

Kev0909
27th October 2020, 08:10 PM
Any news on crooky ox? or has he got a mysterious back problem like Clyne all of a sudden??

same with our new lb??

Kev0909
27th October 2020, 09:58 PM
SoS bring back grujic

Insidious
27th October 2020, 11:00 PM
SoS bring back grujic

I was just about to say, for the sheer hilarity of it, can we sign Papadopoulos as a free agent and unleash him (if his knee is working....) against Everton in the return fixture?

teesred
27th October 2020, 11:17 PM
Any news on crooky ox? or has he got a mysterious back problem like Clyne all of a sudden??

same with our new lb??

Not sure when hes supposed to be back. Agree with you about him,Keita and Matip. They're robbing a living. Basically 50/50 fit and injured. All 3 must gave spent a good 50% or close to it on the treatment table. Its ridiculous and its costing us now.

justme
28th October 2020, 08:39 AM
We need to sign a centre back in January. Time to move on Matip in the summer. Hopefully Rhys Williams will come along nicely.

stevie harkness
28th October 2020, 09:54 AM
Rhys Williams, Billy Koumetio and Nat Phillips... When's Adrian back?

Insidious
28th October 2020, 10:11 AM
Time to move on Matip in the summer.

Given his contract length I would be surprised if that happens.

justincredible
28th October 2020, 10:39 AM
I now officially hate Thiago as much as I hate Biscuits Matip and Krispy Keita.
Shitebags..!

Insidious
28th October 2020, 10:52 AM
Thiago has been training.

Shouldn't be long.

Steveo
28th October 2020, 11:06 AM
Thiago has been training.

Shouldn't be long.

Thanks for the info Sid.. Really hope he is available v Gollums bruisers..

Kev0909
28th October 2020, 11:56 AM
Given his contract length I would be surprised if that happens.

Hilarious we gave him a 5 year contract

Someone was drunk/hungover that day

Balinkay
28th October 2020, 12:03 PM

Matip is extremly capable - at times last year he was outshining VVD. There was reported interest from PSG in the summer - I'm sure we'll find a buyer for a PL and CL winner with 250 odd games in the Bundesliga. We shipped Lovren for 11m ffs.

Steveo
28th October 2020, 12:30 PM
Yep that’s why Matip cost us so much... Doh.. :D

To be fair he was superb at times - alongside Virgil - but that inability to stay fit is a real worry

fayyazms
28th October 2020, 12:36 PM
Any news on Salah? ... Seemed like he hurt his ankle

Balinkay
28th October 2020, 12:42 PM
Yep that’s why Matip cost us so much... Doh.. :D

To be fair he was superb at times - alongside Virgil - but that inability to stay fit is a real worry

FSG are fucking cunts! They're *shuffles deck* ... way too good at identifying value! :mad: :D

Jokes aside though, you can see where I'm coming from when I say we're bound to get some decent money for him.

teesred
28th October 2020, 12:49 PM

Drunk? Yeah and on glue.
5 year deal after his injury record. He must have been pissing himself when that faxed through.

miller0863
29th October 2020, 05:35 PM
Confirmed Fabinho will miss the International break with Brazil

Thank heavens for small mercies

justincredible
30th October 2020, 12:55 PM
VVD surgery successfull....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54745960

Kev0909
30th October 2020, 12:56 PM
VVD surgery successfull....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54745960

I mean that's good but I was just thinking have you ever seen anything like it being "Unsucessfull"

Just made me think when I saw the news.

Obviously glad but to be expected.

Insidious
30th October 2020, 06:08 PM
Confirmed Fabinho will miss the International break with Brazil

Thank heavens for small mercies

Internationals can be such a pain.

Spain used to always crock our 'Nando.

Insidious
2nd November 2020, 07:29 PM
Matip back in full training.

Insidious
2nd November 2020, 07:41 PM
Kostas Tsimikas, Naby Keita and Billy Koumetio also back in training.

justincredible
2nd November 2020, 08:13 PM
Useless weak as soggy biscuits cnuts.

Kev0909
2nd November 2020, 11:36 PM
Kostas Tsimikas, Naby Keita and Billy Koumetio also back in training.

Yaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy y

Gonna win everything!!!

YNWAAA

Insidious
2nd November 2020, 11:52 PM
Yaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy y

Gonna win everything!!!

YNWAAA

Every little helps - really looking forward to Tsimikas playing a match soon as Robbo is one of those players that I would absolutely love to give a rest to. With luck the 5th/6th match of the Champion's League group stages will provide opportunities should we win at least one of the Atalanta matches.

Kev0909
2nd November 2020, 11:53 PM
Every little helps - really looking forward to Tsimikas playing a match soon as Robbo is one of those players that I would absolutely love to give a rest to. With luck the 5th/6th match of the Champion's League group stages will provide opportunities should we win at least one of the Atalanta matches.

That's the title of my sex tape

Every little helps

Insidious
3rd November 2020, 12:12 AM
That's the title of my sex tape

Every little helps

:lol:

"Where is it? Is it in? I can't feel it but I believe it's there" - the Da Vinci Load, available for pre-order exclusively on LFC Online Redtube.

Kev0909
3rd November 2020, 12:25 AM
Hahaha

https://youtu.be/mlpYAaS2Efc

Story of my life 😂😂

justincredible
4th November 2020, 03:15 PM
James Pearce has delivered a Fabinho injury update that is sure to calm the nerves of Kopites. The journalist told the Red Agenda Podcast:

“I think he’ll be back straight after the international break. That’s the hope. Brazil were informed that he wouldn’t be fit enough to go away on international duty.

“Klopp seemed pretty hopeful last week that he’d be able to use the international break to regain full fitness, so not as bad as initially feared.”

teesred
4th November 2020, 03:35 PM
Good news. Boom etc.

Steveo
4th November 2020, 04:16 PM
Great news - does that mean he is going to Brazil or he isn't?

Sorry but I don't know how to read.. :D

Balinkay
4th November 2020, 04:25 PM
Well you know what they say, the first step is admitting you have a problem! :D

Kev0909
4th November 2020, 04:38 PM
Well you know what they say, the first step is admitting you have a problem! :D

Like your love with firmino did last night make you take the first step?

he has a mrs mate

Balinkay
4th November 2020, 04:47 PM
I do love Bobby. Such a fine player.

But as I've said already - if he doesn't bring anything more to the team in comparison to Jota, he shouldn't play. That's not how I think this will play out and it's far too early to even begin thinking about a situation like that anyway.

Kev0909
5th November 2020, 03:11 PM
Looks like england have enough defenders in the squad for upcoming international break

Hopefully TAA and Gomez hardly play!!!!!

And henderson I do worry about him, I still feel he's not 100% and he works very hard.. but that can come with injury's with over-use obviously, like for any of us normal people.

justincredible
6th November 2020, 07:48 AM
How about calling big Virgil instead Gareth?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54833194

stevie harkness
6th November 2020, 08:30 AM
Disappointing from Southgate, blaming "the profile of the player involved".

Steveo
6th November 2020, 08:50 AM
Engerland keeper - a sacred cow. Blame cannot be apportioned no matter how blatant the wrong, it’s pathetic.

No mention of how bad the challenge/assault was - no attempt at balance - business as usual and infer Pickford has been the victim of a witch hunt.

Balinkay
6th November 2020, 11:03 AM
I mean tbf he's the England manager - he's hardly going to be all objective and fair.

Steveo
6th November 2020, 11:22 AM
He could easily have mentioned the “unfortunate” incident and that players make “mistakes” get their tackles “wrong” in the heat of battle etc...Something - anything to at least acknowledge that Pickford - despite being the ‘poor victim’ of outrage is not an innocent.

Southgate has totally disregarded WHY there was outrage in the first place. As though Van Dijk wasn’t the real victim but just a high profile individual. At least that is how it appears in the article. It is possible that the BBC has edited it.

Balinkay
6th November 2020, 11:37 AM
I know what you mean, but why would he? I mean what does his team gain from this? Hendo and the other LFC lads won't be less motivated to play I don't think.

stevie harkness
6th November 2020, 11:46 AM
The manager should check in with his players after an 'incident' but to offer support?! The BBC make it sound like Pickford was the victim, mentioning that the police investigated...not Pickford but some offensive remarks online! Unbelievable.

teesred
6th November 2020, 05:18 PM
Southgate. Could England have a more "drink of water" for a manager. Nice chap I'm sure but I dont think his stag weekend will have been a one to remember.
I honestly dont think I could actually give less of a fuck about England than I do. It's a constant source of argument between me and my cousins who are die hard Englanders.
They matter so little to me its unreal.

Nineteenx
9th November 2020, 05:06 PM
News breaking that Pfizer have a vaccine that all scientists say offer 90% protection against Covid could possibly be available by the beginning of next year. UK Gov said to have procured 40m doses pending certification

Steveo
9th November 2020, 05:16 PM
News breaking that Pfizer have a vaccine that all scientists say offer 90% protection against Covid could possibly be available by the beginning of next year. UK Gov said to have procured 40m doses pending certification

Fantastic news - what are the chances this wasn't known a while ago.? :D

Balinkay
9th November 2020, 05:44 PM
BioNTech + Pfizer. The news making the rounds here in Germany as well.

Kev0909
9th November 2020, 06:08 PM
Next on the news, Vaccine has done fuck all as coronavirus has developed into covid 20 which is a different strain of the virus

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

stevie harkness
9th November 2020, 06:23 PM

Waiting for a new president? Although Trump seems happy with the stock market after this news.

Crimson Dynasty
9th November 2020, 06:55 PM
Waiting for a new president? Although Trump seems happy with the stock market after this news.

There is probably some truth to this.

Prior to the election, the Pfizer CEO made a point that they did not want their vaccine politized or used by either side to try to distort the science or interfere with the important work that still had to be done.

I can totally see a scenario whereby they had the information last week (or at least access to it), but then they made the deliberate choice to wait to release it AFTER the election.
Imagine what Trump would have done with a news release like that going into the election.

There's also the other fact that Pfizer were not part of the Trump administration's Project 'Warpspeed' (<=insert major eyeroll here) that's supposed to help facilitate the search for a vaccine, and as a result took no government funds to develop their vaccine. Which would also underline the notion that any credit that Trump or his administration tried to take for it (and will still try) would be totally undeserved.

I mean, just look at how he's trying to take the credit for how the stock market is reacting to the news already - even though the markets (not just in the US, but all over the world) were already experiencing a major bump prior to the Pfizer announcement, in the aftermath of the elections getting called on Saturday and the news that he had lost.

In other words, he's unironically and obliviously celebrating the fact that the Stock markets are (in part) reacting positively to the news that he was defeated.

That man will never be accused of having an over-abundance of self-awareness.

Steveo
9th November 2020, 06:56 PM
BioNTech + Pfizer. The news making the rounds here in Germany as well.

Yep - could well be pure coincidence BUT the day after the full election declaration..? I mean look at it this way - what chance they found out last night - even last week - and went public today..?

Can't really say anything else, can he..?

Crimson Dynasty
9th November 2020, 07:04 PM
Yep - could well be pure coincidence BUT the day after the full election declaration..? I mean look at it this way - what chance they found out last night - even last week - and went public today..?

I'd say as close to 100% as you can possibly get.

As recently as about 4 weeks ago, the Pfizer CEO had stated that they didn't want their vaccine trials and research politicized by either side and used for political purposes.

So them holding back on the announcement until literally after the election was called would fall under the banner of avoiding just that.

Just to be clear, I believe they would have made the announcement today either way regardless of how the election turned out.

Nineteenx
9th November 2020, 07:14 PM
I generally dislike big pharma but holding back news that if released earlier would almost certainly have seen Trump secure a second term is very fine work indeed

dicko1969
9th November 2020, 07:14 PM
The injury list gets longer

VVD unknown return
Ox ... god knows
TAA... 4 weeks or more
Fabinho ... 2 weeks
Thiago... unknown

For 2 of those players really must have 5 subs asap.

Also totally ridiculous that teams play in Europe then have the 12 o'clock ko.

Balinkay
9th November 2020, 07:15 PM
@Steveo @CD

Yup, that's how I see it too. Health should not be a political issue and the vaccine very much would have been, had they announced it earlier.

Steveo
9th November 2020, 07:18 PM
Bloody awful news on Trent and Thiago hmm - sounds like one that could run and run... the injury that is..

Bloody hell - we have done so well on the injury front for so long - it was always likely to come back with a vengeance, but feels like we are getting more than our fair share right now.

stevie harkness
9th November 2020, 07:22 PM
I've just been speaking to a friend whose sister is a doctor in Germany and her sister knew of this vaccine on 1st Nov. Health workers will be first in line.

dicko1969
9th November 2020, 07:26 PM
Let's hope there are no side effects for the health workers

Balinkay
9th November 2020, 07:37 PM
I've just been speaking to a friend whose sister is a doctor in Germany and her sister knew of this vaccine on 1st Nov. Health workers will be first in line.

Tbf the vaccine's probably been around for months. What's hitting the news today is that internal testing suggests it's 90% effective. That's internal testing, mind you.

Means nothing if the authorities can't validate the result.

stevie harkness
9th November 2020, 07:42 PM
Russia's Sputnik V vaccine against COVID-19 is more than 90% effective, a representative of the health ministry said on Monday, citing data collated from vaccinations of the public rather than from an ongoing trial...

Crimson Dynasty
9th November 2020, 08:40 PM
Russia's Sputnik V vaccine against COVID-19 is more than 90% effective, a representative of the health ministry said on Monday, citing data collated from vaccinations of the public rather than from an ongoing trial...

hhhmm...

Must be the reason why Putin won't let himself be in a room with anyone who hasn't been tested, re-tested and tested again for infection, despite their "90% effective" vaccine.
Also, are they only just finding this out now? Nice coincidence on the same day that Pfizer make their announcement.

Hopefully,..."Boris",.....this,.."representative of the health ministry" (and TOTALLY not a GRU official. .... Totally),....will furnish the rest of the international medical science research community with numbers that can be properly scrutinized.
Must be the reason why Putin still won't be in the same room with anyone who hasn't been thoroughly tested and re-tested for infection despite this "90% effective" vaccine of theirs.

Crimson Dynasty
9th November 2020, 08:48 PM
I had hoped for better news from the Trent injury front.
We'll definitely miss some of what he gives us going forward with attacks for those 4 weeks and the only silver lining I can glean from this is that half of that is the international break, so that should soften the blow somewhat.

Hopefully we're able to cope with Milly and Williams covering for him (though I suspect Klopp will find himself leaning more on Milly for the role. Let's hope Mr. Ribena's famous durability holds).

Also sad to hear about Thiago.
Was really looking forward to seeing a line-up with him puling the strings in Mid alongside Shaqiri and a frontline of Mane, Mo and Jota.
Them three would be feasting on chances and goals for days from the opportunities created by that center-mid pairing.

At least Fabby isn't that far away from a return.
We never know how long Mr. Glass (Matip) will be able to hold up.

CCTV
9th November 2020, 09:35 PM
There is probably some truth to this.

Prior to the election, the Pfizer CEO made a point that they did not want their vaccine politized or used by either side to try to distort the science or interfere with the important work that still had to be done.

I can totally see a scenario whereby they had the information last week (or at least access to it), but then they made the deliberate choice to wait to release it AFTER the election.
Imagine what Trump would have done with a news release like that going into the election.

There's also the other fact that Pfizer were not part of the Trump administration's Project 'Warpspeed' (<=insert major eyeroll here) that's supposed to help facilitate the search for a vaccine, and as a result took no government funds to develop their vaccine. Which would also underline the notion that any credit that Trump or his administration tried to take for it (and will still try) would be totally undeserved.

I mean, just look at how he's trying to take the credit for how the stock market is reacting to the news already - even though the markets (not just in the US, but all over the world) were already experiencing a major bump prior to the Pfizer announcement, in the aftermath of the elections getting called on Saturday and the news that he had lost.

In other words, he's unironically and obliviously celebrating the fact that the Stock markets are (in part) reacting positively to the news that he was defeated.

That man will never be accused of having an over-abundance of self-awareness.

Trumpy had claimed a vaccine was going to be ready by the end of the year, often fact checked as false/lies.
Wonder how the withholding of this data till after the election will go down with his supporters ? Seems in the current environment that choice made cannot escape politicisiation despite the rationalisation.

I'd suggest the stock markets are reacting as they have done with regard to us election results as
1) they know Biden will not deliver a Sanders manifesto, 2 dnc primaires know with scandals to keep him out
2) they like seeing what most seem to think will be a division of power - house of reps less of a dem majority, Senate expected to hold a rep majority, president more likely Biden. State legislatures, Senates, Governors iirc, trifectas rep majority nationally.
3) Biden it seems will be more friendly with China in terms of tariffs and in not seeking a decoupling, so that is a positive for a good few stocks that are invested in China, while his historical record would be welcome to Raytheon etc being more of an interventionist.

CCTV
9th November 2020, 09:41 PM

It was speculated by conspiracy theorists that the narrative and media info around covid would change after an election should biden win many months ago.
https://www.insidehook.com/daily_brief/music/germany-coronavirus-safe-concerts
November 3rd 2020 ^^

BLM protests reduced the spread of covid, lockdown protests spread it and trump rallies killed 700-800 people iirc headlines.
Funny old virus that way :D

Steveo
9th November 2020, 09:51 PM
Indeed CC - it seems to be such a selective little blighter.

Crimson Dynasty
9th November 2020, 10:07 PM
Trumpy had claimed a vaccine was going to be ready by the end of the year, often fact checked as false/lies.
Wonder how the withholding of this data till after the election will go down with his supporters ? Seems in the current environment that choice made cannot escape politicisiation despite the rationalisation.

I'd suggest the stock markets are reacting as they have done with regard to us election results as
1) they know Biden will not deliver a Sanders manifesto, 2 dnc primaires know with scandals to keep him out
2) they like seeing what most seem to think will be a division of power - house of reps less of a dem majority, Senate expected to hold a rep majority, president more likely Biden. State legislatures, Senates, Governors iirc, trifectas rep majority nationally.
3) Biden it seems will be more friendly with China in terms of tariffs and in not seeking a decoupling, so that is a positive for a good few stocks that are invested in China, while his historical record would be welcome to Raytheon etc being more of an interventionist.

I'm fairly certain he was making that claim in reference to the vaccine trials that are part of his administration's 'Operation Warpspeed' initiative.
Pfizer was not part of that initiative and therefore can't be held to whatever political promise he may have made regarding them. (it's actually a large part of the reason why they declined to be a part of it).

Secondly regardless of whether it's Pfizer or any of the other companies that were part of that operation warpspeed, any company that was likely to have a vaccine announcement ready for the end of the year was always going to come with the caveat that it STILL won't be available for majority of the public before early next year.
With the Pfizer vaccine, their results have to be peer-reviewed by the rest of the medical community, as well as certified by the FDA - a process which could take anywhere between a few weeks to a couple of months - before they can be allowed to start distribution and sales.
The same would likely be true for any other company that had (or will have) their vaccines ready before the end of the year.
You - Joe Average - are likely not going to get your hands on it before probably sometime in mid-summer or fall of next year (assuming you're not a First responder, Medical Frontline worker or a Pensioner)

So at the end of the day it was a hollow campaign political promise, lacking any actual meaning or significance whatsoever.
In other words, it might as well have been a lie.

Sort of like a '...building a wall on your land and having your neighbour pay for it' - type meaningless and hollow promise.

As for the stock markets, they are merely reacting to the prospect of stability and lack of chaos in what would be a prospective Biden administration.
That's about all that that is.

As much as they might have loved Trump's tax cuts, the markets generally don't like uncertainty and instability, and Trump brought a whole lot of that with him to bear (Tarrif wars with China, trashing America's relationships with the EU and other traditional allies/partners, NATO etc...).

It should have been telling that despite the fact that they know that Biden will likely increase their corporate taxes again and get rid of some of Trump's tax cuts, no less than JP Morgan themselves released a report a couple of weeks ago predicting that the Economy would likely fare better under a Biden presidency and with Biden policies than it would with another 4 years of Trump.
So even his own primary constituency (rich corporate fat cats in Wall Street and billionaires) who've likely benefitted the most from his presidency, didn't think he'd be good for the Economy going forward.

Crimson Dynasty
9th November 2020, 10:17 PM
It was speculated by conspiracy theorists that the narrative and media info around covid would change after an election should biden win many months ago.
https://www.insidehook.com/daily_brief/music/germany-coronavirus-safe-concerts
November 3rd 2020 ^^

BLM protests reduced the spread of covid, lockdown protests spread it and trump rallies killed 700-800 people iirc headlines.
Funny old virus that way :D

This is nonsense.

The "narrative" hasn't changed since the election.
Or rather the only way it was changed is that the pandemic spread has gotten much worse all over the world with infections climbing out of control - including in the US itself which had the WORST days with most infections per day since the pandmeic began, on consecutive days LAST week.
This was expected and predicted.

And even now Medical officials are STILL predicting it will still get much worse before we start to see an improvement.

According to the "narrative" (spread by none other than "SuperSpreader-in-Chief" himself at the White House) all the media reporting on COVID was supposed to die off the day after the election (ostensibly after a Biden win).

Well, it's still being talked about, so there goes that silly narrative.

And of course to make matters worse for 'Conspiracy-Theorist-in-Chief' himself, his own White House has become yet another SuperSpreader hotspot with another spate of infections for the second time in just the last three weeks with several high ranking officials (including his own chief of staff and his Housing Secretary) testing positive.

Even if the notion was that everyone was going to "forget" about COVID after the election (presumably because it was an 'Election' ploy by the 'Deep State' to defeat him), him and his minions sure seem like they're going above and beyond the call of duty to keep it in the media spotlight.

We still don't know yet what the effect of the Trump rallies (or the Biden victory celebrations we saw last weekend) will be, in terms of increasing infections. Likely, neither of them will help and will make it worse, and are both likely the reason most scientists think things will only get much worse over the next several weeks before we see any change - regardless of who's in the White House and what they do.

CCTV
9th November 2020, 10:37 PM
This is nonsense.

Or rather the only way it was changed is that the pandemic spread has gotten much worse all over the world with infections climbing out of control - including in the US itself which had the WORST days with most infections per day since the pandmeic began, on consecutive days LAST week.

And even now Medical officials are STILL predicting it will still get much worse before we start to see an improvement.

According to the "narrative" (spread by none other than "SuperSpreader-in-Chief" himself at the White House) all the media reporting on COVID was supposed to die off the day after the election (ostensibly after a Biden win).

And of course to make matters worse for 'Conspiracy-Theorist-in-Chief' himself, his own White House has become yet another SuperSpreader hotspot with another spate of infections for the second time in just the last three weeks with several high ranking officials (including his own chief of staff and his Housing Secretary) testing positive.

Even if the notion was that everyone was going to "forget" about COVID after the election (presumably because it was an 'Election' ploy by the 'Deep State' to defeat him), him and his minions sure seem like they're going above and beyond the call of duty to keep it in the media spotlight.

We still don't know yet what the effect of the Trump rallies (or the Biden victory celebrations we saw last weekend) will be, in terms of increasing infections. Likely, neither of them will help and will make it worse, and are both likely the reason most scientists think things will only get much worse over the next several weeks before we see any change - regardless of who's in the White House and what they do.

From news articles
1) on BLM
Stanford epidemiologist Yvonne Maldonado has come to the same conclusion. "I was worried that the protests could be super-spreader events,” she said. "It turns out, the bottom line is it doesn't look like that happens.”

Kirsten Bibbons-Domingo, chair of the Epidemiology and Biostatistics Department at UCSF, says the rise in coronavirus cases and hospitalizations in California “has as much to do with just reopening the economy as it does with any discrete events like the protests.”

2) on trump rallies
A new Stanford study concludes that Trump rallies resulted in more than 30,000 confirmed cases of COVID-19, and likely caused more than 700 deaths among attendees and their close contacts.

“The communities in which Trump rallies took place paid a high price in terms of disease and death,” concludes the research, conducted by economists from the university’s Institute for Economic Policy Research.

In the uk you can find swinging reports in terms of BLM & Anti-lockdown protests.
One week its killing grandma, next it was validating protests.

CCTV
9th November 2020, 10:45 PM
This is nonsense.

90% protection from vaccine and publishing Concerts can come back days after the election.
We can see biases within science routinely and more importantly in how the media treats their findings.
You've stated that Pfizer didn't want to partake in his scheme to give him any credit and that they didn't release the news until after the election to avoid politicising the vaccine.
To say these in any serious manner is rather bold imo.
I doubt that's how the other half would perceive it.

CCTV
9th November 2020, 10:55 PM
On markets it well known they would not like a bernie presidency, nor would the dems. Though I'm not sure she had the follow through.

In terms of a divide of power that is preferential for markets as it has been before, as less change is possible and therefore it's more stable. This would be the most pressing impact from the us elections results imo.

Chinas market rallied and dipped around the projected outcomes.
The us markets have done well enough under Trump.
There are several multinationals who will be happy to continue their relations with China and the decoupling could well be slowed or stopped entirely.

Steveo
9th November 2020, 11:08 PM
]It is clear that the day after the declaration the world can celebrate the Great win by “science” - which will become a gigantic cash cow for big pharma in the west

CC you are completely correct.

We might finally have found a way out of the Covid Nightmare.. who would have guessed.?

Life will start returning to normal by spring, says government adviser after vaccine news

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/covid-vaccine-update-coronavirus-news-b1719683.html

Well aren’t we just so very lucky...? :D

Crimson Dynasty
10th November 2020, 01:34 AM
90% protection from vaccine and publishing Concerts can come back days after the election.
We can see biases within science routinely and more importantly in how the media treats their findings.
You've stated that Pfizer didn't want to partake in his scheme to give him any credit and that they didn't release the news until after the election to avoid politicising the vaccine.
To say these in any serious manner is rather bold imo.
I doubt that's how the other half would perceive it.

I did not say that.

I specifically said that the Pfizer CEO ( Albert Bourla) said (in an interview on CNN, that sadly is not available on their site and therefore I can't link to, but also in a memo to employees linked below) that he did not want the vaccine nor its development by their company politicised.
By either side.

That's not the same as saying he did not want Trump to get the credit. These are two separate and different things.
The inference that Trump would try to claim credit if they released the news before the election goes without saying and is backed by what he's done in the past with other issues.

Whether or not he specifically wanted to avoid that particular outcome (Trump claiming credit for it) by doing so, is up for speculation as it's not what he said -....directly or specifically - nor did I suggest it was.

The logic for why should be obvious.
Politicising this (or any) vaccine runs the risk of undermining public confidence in it wherein half the population (or thereabouts) that love the president would gladly take it while the other half that hates him wouldn't trust it enough to take it, thus undermining its efficacy since that depends on as many people in the population taking the vaccine to achieve some level of herd immunity.

I did speculate and guess (and clearly stated I was doing so) that the release was timed for after the election to avoid tying it to Trump (who has been promising a vaccine before the election all along) to avoid thus unintentionally politicizing it whether or not they believed he deserved any credit for it, or that the perception that he does would be
mistakenly inferred by the public.
Again, you risk undermining the efficacy of the vaccine if it's tied (in the eyes of the public) to a clearly polarising figure such as Trump with stark credibility and trust issues.

Links:-

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/01/pfizer-ceo-criticizes-us-politicizing-coronavirus-vaccine-processsays-us-presidential-debate-was-disappointing-in-memo-to-employees-that-.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99a7T6--cVc&ab_channel=CNBCTelevision
https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2020-10-01/pfizer-ceo-pushes-back-against-trump-claim-on-vaccine-timing
https://www.pharmamanufacturing.com/industrynews/2020/pfizer-ceo-expresses-frustration-with-vaccine-politicization/

Crimson Dynasty
10th November 2020, 01:42 AM
From news articles
1) on BLM
Stanford epidemiologist Yvonne Maldonado has come to the same conclusion. "I was worried that the protests could be super-spreader events,” she said. "It turns out, the bottom line is it doesn't look like that happens.”

Kirsten Bibbons-Domingo, chair of the Epidemiology and Biostatistics Department at UCSF, says the rise in coronavirus cases and hospitalizations in California “has as much to do with just reopening the economy as it does with any discrete events like the protests.”

2) on trump rallies
A new Stanford study concludes that Trump rallies resulted in more than 30,000 confirmed cases of COVID-19, and likely caused more than 700 deaths among attendees and their close contacts.

“The communities in which Trump rallies took place paid a high price in terms of disease and death,” concludes the research, conducted by economists from the university’s Institute for Economic Policy Research.

In the uk you can find swinging reports in terms of BLM & Anti-lockdown protests.
One week its killing grandma, next it was validating protests.

At this stage, it's something of a moot point whether either (Trump rallies or BLM protests) played any role in making the spread worse and/or increasing deaths.

On the one hand, some of the hardest hit areas in the US in recent weeks and have seen the biggest increases in infections actually saw MORE support for Trump at the elections and in the final vote tally - and not less.
Which would imply that his supporters simply didn't care whether or not the pandemic was having the effect it was claimed to be having nor if it was getting worse).

On the other hand, areas that saw a lot of the BLM protests (i.e. urban areas and the larger dense cities) are typified by the kind of demographics that wouldn't have supported Trump regardless of which way the pendulum swung in terms of how bad the virus infections were getting or if they was improvement.

And most importantly of course,....the virus simply doesn't, and didn't care.
Whether you're a Trump supporter or not.
Or whether you're an adherent of the Church of the Great Spaghetti Monster in the Sky.

CCTV
10th November 2020, 02:22 AM
You said

"1I can totally see a scenario whereby they had the information last week (or at least access to it), but then they made the deliberate choice to wait to release it AFTER the election.1
2Imagine what Trump would have done with a news release like that going into the election.2

3There's also the other fact that Pfizer were not part of the Trump administration's Project 'Warpspeed' (<=insert major eyeroll here) that's supposed to help facilitate the search for a vaccine, and as a result took no government funds to develop their vaccine.3 4Which would also underline the notion that any credit that Trump or his administration tried to take for it (and will still try) would be totally undeserved4."

To which I'm and was replying that to the other half there would be a different interpretation.

1) exactly like your imagination, they retained it till after the election to impair Trumps re-election.
2) imagine what a news release like that would have done the week before the election
3) not really something I was addressing too much but heres a link which suggests that Pfizer took 1.95billion dollars from warpspeed but not for research ,but for distribution.

Title - A COVID-19 Vaccine Looks Promising — & Trump Had Nothing To Do With it
"But as they’ve made clear, Pfizer not did not accept money to help with the development or testing of the vaccine candidate. The $1.95 billion contract the pharmaceutical company signed with the federal government was specifically regarding distributing the vaccine. Once they had a working vaccine approved, Pfizer would use the money to provide 100 million doses to Americans, helping to support Operation Warp Speed’s ultimate goal of producing and delivering “300 million doses of safe and effective vaccines with the initial doses available by January 2021.” So while Pence is right that there is a partnership, the arrangement between Operation Warp Speed and Pfizer didn’t have anything to do with the trial’s early success."
If we are looking at roughly the same news broadcast, I searched for your claims, then in this piece the only tacit claim around Trumpy saying shit is ...
It didn’t take long for President Donald Trump to weigh in on the promising (though not conclusive) analysis. “STOCK MARKET UP BIG, VACCINE COMING SOON. REPORT 90% EFFECTIVE. SUCH GREAT NEWS!”...
So I'm not sure I've seen this trump taking credit that you have on your CNN link, or wherever.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/a-covid-19-vaccine-looks-promising-%E2%80%94-and-trump-had-nothing-to-do-with-it/ar-BB1aQzcp

4) fair enough, I mean you could argue that by putting money in a pot for research he along with every other such acting person spurred on competition for a victory in getting the prize.

Overall my point is that if this is how you see it, imagine theyd see it differently but similarly. This vaccine and info release by its nature I would contend is now politicised and perhaps the desire was unattainable.

CCTV
10th November 2020, 02:23 AM
From earlier iirc for you, I know snopes has a terrible name as the pro-trump propaganda arm :D
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-promise-vaccine-election-day/

CCTV
10th November 2020, 02:44 AM
1-At this stage, it's something of a moot point whether either (Trump rallies or BLM protests) played any role in making the spread worse and/or increasing deaths.

1 the point of posting trump v blm rallies, or blm v anti-lockdown rallies in both the usa/uk(obs no trump rallies) is to demonstrate how medical/scientific people have provided separate analysis of similar events with wildly different conclusions.
It would seem that the predictor variable would be that if it's to the right, it's bad and kills people, yet if it's to the left, nothing to see or even worth the risk of death to others.
I'm not sure how an objective criteria can be applied to actions based on the political ideation.

On the one hand, some of the hardest hit areas in the US in recent weeks and have seen the biggest increases in infections actually saw MORE support for Trump at the elections and in the final vote tally - and not less.
Which would imply that his supporters simply didn't care whether or not the pandemic was having the effect it was claimed to be having nor if it was getting worse).

On the other hand, areas that saw a lot of the BLM protests (i.e. urban areas and the larger dense cities) are typified by the kind of demographics that wouldn't have supported Trump regardless of which way the pendulum swung in terms of how bad the virus infections were getting or if they was improvement.

2) I'm not sure why you are referring to trump in both cases. I'm not sure I agree with your implications regarding the recent weeks of covid related stats. But I'd need more time to ponder on the matter. Is it a confounding variable to an otherwise natural spread of disease ? Over here the spread to more rural less normally connected counties has occurred, I'm not sure that has anything to do with Trump supporters or BLM protests.

And most importantly of course,....the virus simply doesn't, and didn't care.
Whether you're a Trump supporter or not.
Or whether you're an adherent of the Church of the Great Spaghetti Monster in the Sky.

3) True. I'm kind of laughing at this point about your (minor dont read too much) defining what I'd deem/guess your other first and consistently.

One could be a religious church attending person wondering how you can't get to church, but others can buy weed, drink booze and access abortion services whilst responsibly adhering to lockdown measures.
Can't go to mass and pray or sing, but can chant at a BLM protest.

CCTV
10th November 2020, 02:46 AM
]It is clear that the day after the declaration the world can celebrate the Great win by “science” - which will become a gigantic cash cow for big pharma in the west

CC you are completely correct.

We might finally have found a way out of the Covid Nightmare.. who would have guessed.?

Life will start returning to normal by spring, says government adviser after vaccine news

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/covid-vaccine-update-coronavirus-news-b1719683.html

Well aren’t we just so very lucky...? :D

Back to normal in Spring, great news. Concerts, vaccine announced, back to the old normal. Great news :D

Balinkay
10th November 2020, 08:14 AM
Back to normal in Spring, great news. Concerts, vaccine announced, back to the old normal. Great news :D

Weren't there those who said something similar about the spring past? :D

teesred
10th November 2020, 08:15 AM
Bloody awful news on Trent and Thiago hmm - sounds like one that could run and run... the injury that is..

Bloody hell - we have done so well on the injury front for so long - it was always likely to come back with a vengeance, but feels like we are getting more than our fair share right now.

What's been said about Thiago?
I read that Joyce tweet about Trent being out for 4 weeks. All of our luck with injuries the last few years is kicking our arses now.

Steveo
10th November 2020, 08:45 AM
What's been said about Thiago?
I read that Joyce tweet about Trent being out for 4 weeks. All of our luck with injuries the last few years is kicking our arses now.

Not sure tees but saw dicko’s breakdown of injuries - Thiago’s return prognosis as “unknown”... and it does seem consistent with the increasing amount of games he is missing with no projected recovery time frame.

Sadly our fortune on the injury front cannot be overstated. Something I highlighted at the end of the CL winning season and the reason for my concern when we didn’t add like we belatedly did this summer. I actually said - it might galvanise the team AND we might even win the league BUT it is a huge mistake - players will suffer..

Remember we fooked off all domestic cups since 2017/18 too - so were competing on just 2 fronts. The first team squad was always thin in crucial areas. .

Summer 2019 - the summer we had to “pay the bills“. That resting on laurels..That is where we took the piss out of the current crop. They have been over used. The only real surprise is that the injuries didn’t pile up this time last year. Our fitness team must be superb BUT players are human beings and it so easily could.

With Thiago I sense the slightest whiff of a panic buy ( I absolutely love the transfer but ) - a realisation that the midfield has been neglected a bit in terms of technical ability over athleticism and miles covered - a need to change the type of football especially for certain games - sadly he isn’t a young fella and is a little injury prone.

Let’s hope he can get fit and play a key role - boy do we need him.

teesred
10th November 2020, 09:10 AM
Agree fully. There was definitely concern over his injury record. We have more than our fair share of treatment table residents, some of which need moving on in my opinion.

southernboy
10th November 2020, 03:13 PM
Liverpool play down claims Trent Alexander-Arnold could be out for a month

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2020/11/liverpool-play-down-claims-trent-alexander-arnold-could-be-out-for-a-month/

The only person I heard giving any kind of timeframe was Pep when he said 4 to 6 weeks... as if he knew. The club have said nothing regarding the scan results. I also can't find anything saying how Thiago will be out for.

Balinkay
10th November 2020, 03:19 PM
I heard 2-4 weeks.

ianlfc
10th November 2020, 04:42 PM
Trent like Virgil is another one who's played near every week for the past few years.
The rest might do him the world of good.

CCTV
10th November 2020, 09:10 PM
I did not say that.

I specifically said that the Pfizer CEO ( Albert Bourla) said (in an interview on CNN, that sadly is not available on their site and therefore I can't link to, but also in a memo to employees linked below) that he did not want the vaccine nor its development by their company politicised.
By either side.

That's not the same as saying he did not want Trump to get the credit. These are two separate and different things.
The inference that Trump would try to claim credit if they released the news before the election goes without saying and is backed by what he's done in the past with other issues.

Whether or not he specifically wanted to avoid that particular outcome (Trump claiming credit for it) by doing so, is up for speculation as it's not what he said -....directly or specifically - nor did I suggest it was.

The logic for why should be obvious.
Politicising this (or any) vaccine runs the risk of undermining public confidence in it wherein half the population (or thereabouts) that love the president would gladly take it while the other half that hates him wouldn't trust it enough to take it, thus undermining its efficacy since that depends on as many people in the population taking the vaccine to achieve some level of herd immunity.

I did speculate and guess (and clearly stated I was doing so) that the release was timed for after the election to avoid tying it to Trump (who has been promising a vaccine before the election all along) to avoid thus unintentionally politicizing it whether or not they believed he deserved any credit for it, or that the perception that he does would be
mistakenly inferred by the public.
Again, you risk undermining the efficacy of the vaccine if it's tied (in the eyes of the public) to a clearly polarising figure such as Trump with stark credibility and trust issues.

Links:-

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/01/pfizer-ceo-criticizes-us-politicizing-coronavirus-vaccine-processsays-us-presidential-debate-was-disappointing-in-memo-to-employees-that-.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99a7T6--cVc&ab_channel=CNBCTelevision
https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2020-10-01/pfizer-ceo-pushes-back-against-trump-claim-on-vaccine-timing
https://www.pharmamanufacturing.com/industrynews/2020/pfizer-ceo-expresses-frustration-with-vaccine-politicization/

Heres a piece from CNN...

"Jansen was quoted Monday by The New York Times as saying, "We were never part of the Warp Speed. We have never taken any money from the U.S. government, or from anyone."
The real story is more nuanced than both Pence's tweet and Jansen's comment made it sound.
Facts First: Pfizer's vaccine progress is certainly not solely attributable to the Trump administration's Operation Warp Speed public-private partnership program. But it was not accurate for Pfizer to suggest that it is operating entirely apart from Operation Warp Speed; the company has a major agreement to sell at least 100 million doses of its vaccine to the federal government, and Pfizer acknowledged in a Monday statement to CNN that it is in fact "participating" in Operation Warp Speed through this deal. Also, at least some independent experts say the Trump administration deserves partial credit for Pfizer's progress."

3 of 4 experts supported that last assertion, there was a Harvard expert who disagreed.
The report documents the 1.95billion dollar agreement for 100 million vaccines and states that these Pfizers partner BioNTech did receive significant funding from the German government and elsewhere reports of funding from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foudnatiom.

Nineteenx
10th November 2020, 11:45 PM
Sky and a couple of others reports say Pfizer didn't produce the vaccine as in invent it, that it was the German co that did that

Note of caution:

Vaccines to be administered to the general population are usually required to run trials, tests and monitoring for adverse affects over a 5-10 year period

It is an absolute logistical nightmare to administer en masse a vaccine which if approved must be stored and transported at -70 degrees throughout the entire supply chain from production to arm

Approximately only 2000 freezers that can keep a substance at that temperature are produced each year, all of them for highly specialised research labs, the NHS and GP surgeries do not have the facilities to store and administer this vaccine even if approved

Freezer trucks used to transport large volumes of frozen good achieve only approximately -18 degrees

stevie harkness
11th November 2020, 08:57 AM
When the vaccine was announced to a fanfare of media celebration Boss Johnson was uncharacteristically cautious. Seems there's a long way to go yet.

Funny how the media are suddenly concerned with Africa and how to deliver the vaccine to remote villages. Africa are doing fine in this pandemic thank you. Perhaps the vaccine company needs a testing ground.

Steveo
11th November 2020, 01:15 PM
Quite true Stevie - Africa has coped remarkably well with Covid so far - has to also be mentioned that much of Africa has around the 3% mark for over 65's which would skew mortality rates massively.

On Trent's injury and perhaps indicative of what I have been dreading for a while...

"For those with a basic understanding of player health and fitness, this is an injury that isn’t surprising in the slightest as it is a prototypical overuse injury.

Alexander-Arnold and his counterpart Andy Robertson have featured in every Premier League and Champions League this season thus far, after coming off a shortened break between the restart and the current season.

Combine that with a condensed schedule and Alexander-Arnold’s extensive usage over the last two seasons, and this was simply a matter of time."

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2020/11/trent-alexander-arnolds-calf-injury-the-expert-view-on-recovery-and-avoiding-re-injury/

Kev0909
11th November 2020, 03:55 PM
BREAKING: Joe Gomez has suffered an injury in England training and it is believed it could be serious.

That's all we need another CB down and not to mention he can cover at RB

matip survived 1 game at least

England boss Gareth Southgate will provide an update on the central defender's fitness in his press conference ahead of the Ireland game.

We'll wait until then and see if it's true then

LFC-DPG
11th November 2020, 03:58 PM
BREAKING: Joe Gomez has suffered an injury in England training and it is believed it could be serious.

That's all we need another CB down and not to mention he can cover at RB

matip survived 1 game at least

nightmare if true, but we didn't need a new CB eh Dicko

vin
11th November 2020, 04:03 PM
Pointless friendlies. We are properly fucked at the back now.

Kev0909
11th November 2020, 04:09 PM
Pointless friendlies. We are properly fucked at the back now.

Looks like...... phillips and williams will have to keep impressing

fucked in midfield to so not like we can drop em back to CB role.... half the midfield is forever injured

stevie harkness
11th November 2020, 04:15 PM
"Breaking" is unfortunate, hope it's not that bad.

Insidious
11th November 2020, 04:22 PM
This thread for our players getting Covid and/or injured fairly turned into the debate Covid thread didn't it :lol:

Hope Gomez isn't too serious. Looks like Fabinho will be needed right away upon his return.

vin
11th November 2020, 04:25 PM
This thread for our players getting Covid and/or injured fairly turned into the debate Covid thread didn't it :lol:

Hope Gomez isn't too serious. Looks like Fabinho will be needed right away upon his return.

Apparently, it's a leg or ankle break

Kev0909
11th November 2020, 04:25 PM

Fucking england

Gomez has not had much luck with long term injury's as he??

Poor guys been out half of his career

Balinkay
11th November 2020, 04:31 PM
Awww fo facksake...

Philipps + Williams > Maldini + Baresi

Fuck me.

Ah well, Matip seems to be fit again and Fabinho is due back soon-ish. Things are certainly getting interesting though. :D

Insidious
11th November 2020, 04:38 PM

Oh Dear!

Kev0909
11th November 2020, 04:55 PM
can always sign Ezequiel Garay

Kev0909
11th November 2020, 05:17 PM

Yeah apparently we make a new thread for every injury now instead

Crimson Dynasty
11th November 2020, 07:25 PM

And that's why they call it......

'Breaking' news.

(**pause for laughtrack applause**)

I'll get my coat.

(That was bad.
That was really really bad, and I can confirm I'm truly ashamed.
I'll just go sit over there in the corner by myself and think about what I've done)

southernboy
11th November 2020, 08:07 PM
From Twitter:

11 Denmark players out of friendly v Sweden due to Covid positives or being close contacts. Manager and assistant out too. Madness going ahead with this insane schedule for club and country this season.

stevie harkness
12th November 2020, 11:00 PM
As if Andy Robertson hasn't done enough running around Scotland's match had gone to extra time.

Insidious
13th November 2020, 01:52 AM
From Twitter:

11 Denmark players out of friendly v Sweden due to Covid positives or being close contacts. Manager and assistant out too. Madness going ahead with this insane schedule for club and country this season.

I think someone associated with the Brazil staff was near Fabinho/Alisson/Firmino as well.

Joy!

Balinkay
13th November 2020, 08:25 AM
Step up Adrian! Again...

I bet the dude's plan was to dring Margaritas and enjoy the famed English sun on the bench all day when he signed for us.

Kev0909
13th November 2020, 11:54 AM
Can we all stop being so drastic, there's no news yet

christ if the news/life wasn't depressing enough at the moment, you can always get your fix of the doom on here

CCTV
13th November 2020, 11:55 AM
Can we all stop being so drastic, there's no news yet

christ if the news/life wasn't depressing enough at the moment, you can always get your fix of the doom on here

Happiness is an inside Job :)

Insidious
13th November 2020, 12:28 PM
As if Andy Robertson hasn't done enough running around Scotland's match had gone to extra time.

He mentioned post-match that he was next in line for a penalty but that his hamstring had "seized" - hopefully fatigue/cramp.

If we get past Atalanta he is definitely one of the players I'd want nowhere near our 5th and 6th group games.

vin
13th November 2020, 12:38 PM
Step up Adrian! Again...

I bet the dude's plan was to dring Margaritas and enjoy the famed English sun on the bench all day when he signed for us.

Given some of his mishaps........

stevie harkness
13th November 2020, 12:53 PM
He mentioned post-match that he was next in line for a penalty but that his hamstring had "seized" - hopefully fatigue/cramp.

If we get past Atalanta he is definitely one of the players I'd want nowhere near our 5th and 6th group games.

Yes, and besides i'd like to see what Tsmikas can do.

Or it could be a chance for Larouci!

Kev0909
13th November 2020, 12:55 PM
As it's the theme of the forum at the moment

a irish lad picked up corona positive after v england game

100% past it on to a english player and given to henderson

FFS!!! doomed

stevie harkness
13th November 2020, 01:05 PM
As it's the theme of the forum at the moment

a irish lad picked up corona positive after v england game

100% past it on to a english player and given to henderson

FFS!!! doomed

Which Henderson though? I saw the line up last night and Hendo was in goal! different Henderson. Mind you I'd prefer him over Adrian wahaha!

Kev0909
13th November 2020, 01:09 PM
Which Henderson though? I saw the line up last night and Hendo was in goal! different Henderson. Mind you I'd prefer him over Adrian wahaha!

Henderson was thankfully on the bench! although he could of started in goal last night in truth

but you know, this irish lad has defo spat into someones mouth and then said player has gone into the dressing room and given it to henderson

Doomed

Steveo
13th November 2020, 03:47 PM

Yep...

Andy Robertson hamstring concern amid Euro 2020 qualification joy

What a night for Andy Robertson who enjoyed surely one of proudest nights of his career as he captained Scotland to a penalty shoot out win away in Serbia in their Euro 2020 play off which means the Tartan Army have qualified for a major tournament for the first time since 1998.

Robbo, somewhat surprisingly, didn't take a penalty and revealed why after the game.

"I think I was next or seventh but my hamstring seized up.
Then in the second half of extra-time I had a bit of cramp, it was my left one as well so I was just a bit worried it was going to cramp up"

I reckon he just didn't want the pressure - after his bad miss when well placed earlier in the game - you wouldn't fancy him from 12 yards. Robbo is fantastic BUT h needs to work on that part of his game - there is a ton of goals to be found if he can find his shooting boots.

ianlfc
13th November 2020, 04:23 PM
Espn reporting Mo Salah has now tested positive.

Balinkay
13th November 2020, 04:24 PM
@Steveo

Starting to use his right foot as more than a cane would also help with that.

Aahh... this just keeps getting better and better. Step up Big Shaq.

justme
13th November 2020, 04:42 PM
At least he wont have to play a game or 2.. hopefully back in a couple of weeks

Steveo
13th November 2020, 04:47 PM
@Steveo

Starting to use his right foot as more than a cane would also help with that.

Aahh... this just keeps getting better and better. Step up Big Shaq.

Yes on Robbo and using the right foot.

As for Salah testing positive.. Well I really don't know what to say. It is like we are being hammered on all sides. Quite frankly this season was a right off already BUT to then have these international breaks crammed into an already maddeningly congested schedule goes beyond all reason.

With infections at such an all time high AND the need to self isolate following a positive - then why on earth are we allowing players to fly around the globe at this time..? Surely the first thing to take a back seat was international football.? I mean SURELY..??

WTF is going on..?

stevie harkness
13th November 2020, 05:27 PM
Salah returned a positive test but is not displaying any symptoms. The other members of the team tested negative. Just like Tsimikas last time. What are the chances?

RedNoodle
13th November 2020, 05:58 PM
Recent events sum up exactly why we need(ed) a big squad, one filled with quality. It's one thing wanting that when you're a small-medium sized club, but something else entirely when you are one of the top four or five biggest/richest clubs in the world, are the current PL champions, and recent CL and WCC champions.

Those of us with any sense knew our limited squad (both in terms of size and strength) was going to bite us on the backside at some point, and lo and behold over the last few days our chickens certainly have come home to roost.

LEGS
13th November 2020, 06:09 PM
Salah attended a family wedding too.

As I said the other day the best team probably wont win the league.

Leicester possibly favourites to beat us most of their best players are at home chilling.

2 more games of this shit to go so the gloom is likely to get worse for teams.

LEGS
13th November 2020, 06:11 PM
Recent events sum up exactly why we need(ed) a big squad, one filled with quality. It's one thing wanting that when you're a small-medium sized club, but something else entirely when you are one of the top four or five biggest/richest clubs in the world, are the current PL champions, and recent CL and WCC champions.

Those of us with any sense knew our limited squad (both in terms of size and strength) was going to bite us on the backside at some point, and lo and behold over the last few days our chickens certainly have come home to roost.

We do have a big squad only CB is where we are a player light.

How many players do you think we should have ?

If we signed anyone they'd have to be British too as our limit has been reached in the PL squad.

Insidious
13th November 2020, 06:17 PM
We will be beyond smug if we win the League the way this season is going.

Crimson Dynasty
13th November 2020, 06:54 PM

fuuuuuuuuck this shite.

Fuck this fucking shitstain of a season up its bloody arse.

Most of all fuck these stupid Internationals, the international break, friendlies that no one asked for that even national managers think are a stupid waste of time endangering players health,.....just so some greedy twats at FIFA, UEFA and the TV broadcasting conglomerates can make a few more quid.

We've practically lost our best players in just past couple of weeks - on both ends of the pitch, or at least certainly the two highest wage earners (thank fuck Allisson was able to get back)

Hopefully this isn't a long layoff and he's able to shave off one of those self-quarantine weeks in the break, and he ends up missing only a game.

But fuuuuck, what a game to miss,.
Leicester will be licking their hands to play us now without Virgil, Salah, Gomez, Trent, Thiago, .....(well see about Fabby. Hopefully he's not far from a return).

Have I already said, fuck this bloody shite?

Crimson Dynasty
13th November 2020, 06:56 PM

If we do go on to win it and defend our title, in my opinion, given all the team will have had to navigate to do so ( no fans at Anfield, losing our best defender,, and THE best defender in the world for the season, losing loads of other players to injuries, VAR shenanigans, .....etc)....it will be the BEST (and toughest) title we've ever won hands down.

jozza800
13th November 2020, 07:05 PM

If we signed anyone they'd have to be British too as our limit has been reached in the PL squad.

Yep. 100%

It always looks worse when you have a number of injuries happening all at the same time an in multiple positions.

We're not collecting World Class Player trading cards that you can just slot in when a player (or two gets injured).

Losing your best players is always a blow. But who'd you epxect to come in and just sit on the bench waiting until an injury happens that is at the same level of our best players? Or do you just expect the entire squad from 1-30 to be World Class mega stars!?

Shaqiri might get his chance, Jota will deffo play more games now. We have options.

LEGS
13th November 2020, 07:30 PM
Salah could be back for Leicester if he had the test yesterday now the game has been moved to Sunday.

That is 10 days but id still guess its unlikely he plays.

skyebo
13th November 2020, 07:46 PM
Salah could be back for Leicester if he had the test yesterday now the game has been moved to Sunday.

That is 10 days but id still guess its unlikely he plays.

Missing two if you go by what BBC are reporting. The Leicester game, and the CL game with Atalanta.

RedNoodle
13th November 2020, 07:46 PM

When it comes a squad full of quality, and just as importantly fit players, we are severely lacking, and that has been the case for a long time. Look beyond our first eleven in terms of both of those things, and suddenly things look on much shakier ground than they should be.

I think we should have a squad where we have enough fit and able players to 'adequately' cover for those higher up the pecking order who happen to be missing. If that means having a squad that seems overstocked when most, if not all of our players are available, then so be it.

LEGS
13th November 2020, 08:17 PM
When it comes a squad full of quality, and just as importantly fit players, we are severely lacking, and that has been the case for a long time. Look beyond our first eleven in terms of both of those things, and suddenly things look on much shakier ground than they should be.

I think we should have a squad where we have enough fit and able players to 'adequately' cover for those higher up the pecking order who happen to be missing. If that means having a squad that seems overstocked when most, if not all of our players are available, then so be it.

Well we have Jota to cover the front positions now you can add Shaqiri/Origi to that list.

Midfield is stacked cant argue with what we have.

LB is covered RB is covered it is one CB down.

When you see bang average players like Iwobi costing £35m it is an expensive game getting real quality in and IF Matip/VVD were fit you are asking a CB to sit on the bench....Gomez is a very good player he would be worth £40-50m if he didnt pick up injuries possibly £60-70m due to his age/experience.

Kev0909
13th November 2020, 08:19 PM
What next

ffs

stevie harkness
13th November 2020, 08:25 PM
Salah joins the ranks of Mane, Tsimikas, Shaqiri, Keita and Thiago in testing positive so far...

CCTV
13th November 2020, 08:46 PM
Henderson was thankfully on the bench! although he could of started in goal last night in truth

but you know, this irish lad has defo spat into someones mouth and then said player has gone into the dressing room and given it to henderson

Doomed

Probably Declan Rice, can't be trusted.

vin
13th November 2020, 09:16 PM
Origi, Shaq, Minamino .....

as back up to Bobby, Mane and Jota while Salah gets clear

I had heard that Bobby & Allison had tested positive but I doubt that's true

Kev0909
13th November 2020, 09:30 PM
Origi, Shaq, Minamino .....

as back up to Bobby, Mane and Jota while Salah gets clear

I had heard that Bobby & Allison had tested positive but I doubt that's true

Hope not we need Bobby at CB

justme
13th November 2020, 09:47 PM
Declan Rice is 28 according to the football gossip on the bbc ....oh its changed to 21 just looked.

vin
13th November 2020, 09:48 PM
Hope not we need Bobby at CB

Nah we're signing Jaanmat to cover. I mean he's a right-back but at least he's a defender

Kev0909
13th November 2020, 10:04 PM
Nah we're signing Jaanmat to cover. I mean he's a right-back but at least he's a defender

Think i'd rather play bobby, he is a defensive forward after all

justme
13th November 2020, 11:38 PM
So basically with them moving the Leicester game to late Sunday, we have to play 3 times in 6 days and 2 of them are away Italy and on the south coast..Anyone would think the broadcasters are trying to make it impossible for us and hoping we will slip up.
You can almost guarantee if it was an away game to Leicester it would be 12:30 this Saturday.

teesred
14th November 2020, 12:52 AM

Yep absolutely. I still think we will. Overall despite injuries I still see us as the best equipped to win it.
Sign the right defender in January and we will be fine.

Insidious
14th November 2020, 01:49 AM
If we do go on to win it and defend our title, in my opinion, given all the team will have had to navigate to do so ( no fans at Anfield, losing our best defender,, and THE best defender in the world for the season, losing loads of other players to injuries, VAR shenanigans, .....etc)....it will be the BEST (and toughest) title we've ever won hands down.

I definitely fancy that - what it would do for the mental strength of squad and fan alike would be huge.

There seems to be a - divide is a strong word - disparity if you will, between folks who are just so RELIEVED we won a Title and have it as a box tick and think we won't do it again for a while, versus those who hope/feel we can clock up 3 titles in 4 years or something of the ilk. The nerves of the first group would be well and truly settled with a title defence.

Balinkay
14th November 2020, 12:12 PM
Reportedly Mo's first test might have been a bit iffy. I guess they'll retest and see what happens.

miller0863
14th November 2020, 12:21 PM
Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah has tested positive for coronavirus while on international duty with Egypt.

The Egyptian Football Association (EFA) said on Friday that Salah, 28, returned a positive test but is not displaying any symptoms.

It later added that Salah underwent a second test, which confirmed he has Covid-19.

"Salah is keeping a high spirit and is not showing any symptoms of the virus," said the EFA in a statement.

It said the other members of the team had tested negative.

Balinkay
14th November 2020, 12:46 PM
I guess what I posted was before the second test then. Sorry for giving us false hope.

Kev0909
14th November 2020, 06:49 PM
Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah has tested positive for coronavirus while on international duty with Egypt.

The Egyptian Football Association (EFA) said on Friday that Salah, 28, returned a positive test but is not displaying any symptoms.

It later added that Salah underwent a second test, which confirmed he has Covid-19.

"Salah is keeping a high spirit and is not showing any symptoms of the virus," said the EFA in a statement.

It said the other members of the team had tested negative.

Video doing the rounds of salah at some sort of party on someone's shoulders with a big crowd.....