PDA

View Full Version : The weekend's other games 17/10/20

RedNoodle
17th October 2020, 03:30 PM
Werner already has two goals in Chelsea's game against Southampton, and he had another chalked off for offside.

3underpar
17th October 2020, 03:39 PM
He’s gonna rip a lot of teams apart this year.

Kev0909
17th October 2020, 03:51 PM
He’s gonna rip a lot of teams apart this year.

pfff nothing on firmino

Insidious
17th October 2020, 03:59 PM
Werner already has two goals in Chelsea's game against Southampton, and he had another chalked off for offside.

Werner's an excellent player.

I think a few saw him have an off-game against us and thought he was over-rated, but he's excellent. Reminds me (playing style) a bit of Torres.

The Arsenal v City game is the interesting one. An Arsenal win would be good as it just keeps City that little bit further away - we want a little cushion before the 7/11 match against them ideally. You'd suspect Arsenal may fall away a bit later in the season, whereas City you would always suspect could recover a failing situation, so an Arsenal win please.

3underpar
17th October 2020, 04:04 PM
pfff nothing on firmino

True, Timo can’t Samba

RedNoodle
17th October 2020, 04:18 PM
Southampton equalise through Ings and Che Adams after some comedy defending from Chelsea.

RedNoodle
17th October 2020, 04:19 PM
Havertz then immediately puts Chelsea ahead once more.

RedNoodle
17th October 2020, 04:52 PM
Southampton equalise in the 91st minute via Vestergaard who gets the final touch on a Walcott shot.

Balinkay
17th October 2020, 04:58 PM
Southampton equalise in the 91st minute via Walcott.

Oh wow. Nice.

I had completely forgotten he was back there tbh. :D But a good result for us.

RedNoodle
17th October 2020, 04:59 PM
Oh wow. Nice.

I had completely forgotten he was back there tbh. :D But a good result for us.

It was actually Vestergaard who got the final touch.

HLOGI
17th October 2020, 05:21 PM
Chelsea' s defence and defensive setup will be their let down this season. You feel they will concede each time the opponent enters their half.

Insidious
17th October 2020, 08:06 PM
United are 1-0 down already against Newcastle due to a Luke Shaw own goal.

miller0863
17th October 2020, 09:18 PM
Another dubious Utd penalty, it’s beyond a joke. When you see how we are treated in comparison it’s a farce, it really is.

RedNoodle
17th October 2020, 09:19 PM
I've just had a look at "Red Chaff" where they are going ape over us asking the FA to look at VAR and todays game. I saw this just as they were awarded a soft penalty (that Fernandes just had saved), after getting a record number of penalties (14) last year.

They really are a detestable bunch.

RedNoodle
17th October 2020, 09:20 PM
Another dubious Utd penalty, it’s beyond a joke. When you see how we are treated in comparison it’s a farce, it really is.

See above.

RedNoodle
17th October 2020, 09:48 PM
Having been second best, the cu ..... I mean Red Mancs go 2-1 up against Newcastle via Fernandes, who they have been slagging off on "Red Chaff".

At least it keeps Ole at the wheel for a while longer.

RedNoodle
17th October 2020, 09:51 PM
And to compound my misery, AWB puts the gits 3-1 up with a late goal that denies me another perfect score. :mad:

Insidious
17th October 2020, 09:54 PM
And to compound my misery, AWB puts the gits 3-1 up with a late goal that denies me another perfect score. :mad:

Keeps Ole in a job.

RedNoodle
17th October 2020, 09:57 PM

In the match thread on "Red Chaff" one of theirs was also a bit miffed that their own prediction was screwed up by AWB's goal.

Then just as I say that Rashford MBE (Massive Bell End) gets a fourth for the Mancs just before the final whistle.

redebreck
18th October 2020, 01:08 AM
I thought Average White Band were retired!

OK, I'll get my coat.

RedNoodle
18th October 2020, 01:24 AM
I thought Average White Band were retired!

OK, I'll get my coat.

Nope. U2 are still touring.

It's a bit chilly. I think I'll get my coat on as well.

Insidious
18th October 2020, 09:00 AM
Sheffield (19th) v Fulham (20th) today.

Sheffield need to start scoring goals. One scored, 6 conceded.

Brewster should help of course.

They're our next League game, so if they can hold off a touch on finding some form that would be great.

Kev0909
18th October 2020, 02:47 PM
Sheffield and fulham both showed why they're going down this season.

There's still some hope for sheffield mind you, fulham is a lost cause.

at least brewster will bang em in, in the championship.

3underpar
18th October 2020, 04:38 PM
Son and Kane put two past West Ham in seven minutes.

southernboy
18th October 2020, 04:52 PM
Good to see the impact of Moyes return from isolation. West Ham have been good without him.

Balinkay
18th October 2020, 05:51 PM
I don't get it? Why was Dunk sent off? Completely acceptable challenge according to yesterday's standards.

Kev0909
18th October 2020, 06:23 PM
bale comes on at 3-0 up with 20 mins to go... finishes spurs 3 west ham 3

brilliant

miller0863
18th October 2020, 06:25 PM
Er...Spurs, games last 90 minutes plus stoppage time lads, not 45.
Lanzini puts one in the top corner to complete the comeback from 3-0 down to 3-3 with the last kick.

King Bale had just missed a sitter at the other end to seal the victory

Ah well.. Spurs is as Spurs does ...

southernboy
18th October 2020, 06:30 PM
I really wish I hadn’t turned that game off at half-time. Absolutely hysterical. Well played West Ham.

3underpar
18th October 2020, 06:32 PM
Same ol Spurs lol

Insidious
18th October 2020, 08:39 PM
bale comes on at 3-0 up with 20 mins to go... finishes spurs 3 west ham 3

brilliant

That is absolutely staggering.

Spurs are so incompetent. We really killed them off.

HLOGI
18th October 2020, 08:46 PM
Seems none of the others want it, dropping points when 2 only 2 teams that can breathe at a higher altitude not yet at their best. Chelsea dropping points, Spurs as well. Arsenal scared of playing against their rivals so almost as if they give up the points and hoping to beat the rest, the rest mind u have not read the script.

It is City or Liverpool again. We are underdogs between the 2 because of VVD but muscle memory might serve us well as the boys know and believe that they can go on long runs if wins. Think City will trigger us or vice versa into those standards.

Kev0909
18th October 2020, 09:07 PM
Villa are gonna win the league

lols

Insidious
18th October 2020, 11:35 PM
Villa are gonna win the league

lols

I think Villa will go on a decent enough run that sees them still in the Top Four in the Christmas period, but then normality will kick in.

Think Hlogi's assessment is probably still pretty accurate in terms of us or City. We're the two sides with recent muscle memory for a Title and we now have the potential of some siege mentality / "win it for Virgil" to kick in.

Any times ourselves or City drop points it will perk the other up. One side will have more situations than the other in terms of what looked like a win being reduced to a draw and the side that pounces on this best probably takes it.

Unless there is a "freak" team a la Leicester ( not impossible, but does anyone REALLY see Villa or Everton getting 80 points or more?) we're looking at the usual candidates. Arsenal are defensively more solid but are still ultimately Arsenal, Spurs I still see as broken, United are a ruin, Chelsea need to sort their defence.

Us or City is still probably about right. I think City had Otamendi and Stones for much of their 100-point season so I don't think we should just wilt away on account of Van Dijk being out - we should use it as further motivation. That's what winners do and we ARE winners now.

Kev0909
19th October 2020, 12:46 PM
Just watching Motd, does kane play the false 9 role now? he did really well, and what firmino should be doing..

Didn't rate him all that much before, but in that role he's incredible- even his pass yesterday was quality for the goal, and he's not lazy as such.

Buy him fsg ;)

Balinkay
19th October 2020, 01:21 PM
Kane is a top top player. No clue why he's not moved on by now.

Getting him is probably beyond our means though. Mind you, I'd be hugely happy!

Kev0909
19th October 2020, 04:08 PM

Yeah he'd probably cost more than our main target Mbappe ;)

Balinkay
19th October 2020, 04:12 PM
Yeah he'd probably cost more than our main target Mbappe ;)

You think? He's a five-six years older, but he is English and we'll have to deal with Levy... tough to call.

Steveo
19th October 2020, 04:14 PM

Spurs aint going anywhere mate. Best just accept it. They mean business and will keep trying until they get there. Sorry to say it but it is what it is.

Balinkay
19th October 2020, 04:36 PM
Spurs aint going anywhere mate. Best just accept it. They mean business and will keep trying until they get there. Sorry to say it but it is what it is.

Neither are Everton or Wolves. Still can't see either holding on to their biggest star if someone comes knocking with a huge offer.

Kev0909
19th October 2020, 04:56 PM
Neither are Everton or Wolves. Still can't see either holding on to their biggest star if someone comes knocking with a huge offer.

Won't be us then haha ;)

Balinkay
19th October 2020, 05:00 PM
Won't be us then haha ;)

Yes, most probably not.

Kev0909
19th October 2020, 05:01 PM
Yes, most probably not.

Better value elsewhere anyhow.

What a stunning game coming up burnley v wba

If monday's wasn't bad enough.

Maybe it's good just to use this game to get a bit 'merry, for leeds v wolves?

miller0863
19th October 2020, 05:55 PM
Hahahaha

“If monday's wasn't bad enough.”

Kev0909
19th October 2020, 06:13 PM
Massive surprise it's still 0-0

Pereira and mcneil only players with a bit of spark

think burnley will win it with a route one ball that bounces off Ivanovic's fat head for a OG

Rather watch the womens league :topsy_turvy:

miller0863
19th October 2020, 07:23 PM
F/T 0-0. Bet you missed a blinder there Kev

Kev0909
19th October 2020, 07:25 PM
F/T 0-0. Bet you missed a blinder there Kev

first goalless game in 47 matches

of course it would be between Wba and burnley, christ get relegated already best league in the world init no room for them

I see why FSG was trying to do that new big project whatever it was i've forgot already, probably coming up with new plans as we speak if they watched that game

I'm for it after watching that, cut the numbers.

I use to think just stoke was bad, but there's never been so many stokes in this league as we have now well apart from the actual stoke, utter toss

Next game can't be worse, look on the bright side right? and tomorrow is tuesday.

Kev0909
19th October 2020, 08:53 PM
not sure what's up with wolves this season so far.

0-0 half time, surely not again it's super monday!!!!!!!!!

Leeds on top

miller0863
19th October 2020, 08:58 PM
Decent game though, two teams who try to play decent football

Kev0909
19th October 2020, 08:59 PM
Decent game though, two teams who try to play decent football

Yes yes, for sure

has to be goals in 2nd half you'd think, leeds need to get a goal while on top, with the quality wolves have it only takes one counter..

miller0863
19th October 2020, 09:13 PM
Wolves started the second half the better and score an excellent opener... However, the same team of officials on and off the pitch as in the Derby, albeit reverse roles, rule it out for an offside sleeve in the build up.

Now where have we seen that before???

jinky
19th October 2020, 10:59 PM
Every year Arsenal get written off. This is a different Arsenal. Solid at the back and not bad up front either. I genuinely think result at Etihad was a good one for us.
I'm looking forward to this season in a pressure's off way. Whatever happens I'm at ease with whatever Jurgen comes up with.