PDA

View Full Version : The Dream Team

dicko1969
20th October 2020, 04:35 PM
BALLON D'OR DREAM TEAM PICKS
GOALKEEPER: Gordon Banks, Gianluigi Buffon, Iker Casillas, Sepp Maier, Manuel Neuer, Thomas Nkono, Peter Schmeichel, Edwin van der Sar, Lev Yachine, Dino Zoff

RIGHT-BACK: Guiseppe Bergomi, Cafu, Carlos Alberto, Djalma Santos, Claudio Gentile, Manfred Kaltz, Philipp Lahm, Wim Suurbier, Lilian Thuram, Berti Vogts

CENTRE-HALF: Franco Baresi, Franz Beckenbauer, Marcel Desailly, Fabio Cannavaro, Ronald Koeman, Bobby Moore, Daniel Passarella, Matthias Sammer, Gaetano Scirea, Sergio Ramos

LEFT-BACK: Andres Brehme, Paul Breitner, Antonio Cabrini, Giacinto Facchetti, Junior, Ruud Krol, Paolo Maldini, Marcelo, Nilton Santos, Roberto Carlos

DEFENSIVE MIDFIELD: Jozsek Bozsik, Sergio Busquets, Didi, Paulo Roberto Falcao, Steven Gerrard, Gerson, Pep Guardiola, Josef Masopust, Lothar Matthaus, Johan Neeskens

DEFENSIVE MIDFIELD: Andrea Pirlo, Fernando Redondo, Frank Rijkaard, Bernd Schuster, Clarence Seedorf, Luis Suarez, Marco Tardelli, Jean Tigana, Xabi Alonso, Xavi

ATTACKING MIDFIELD: Roberto Baggio, Bobby Charlton, Alfredo Di Stefano, Enzo Francescoli, Ruud Gullit, Gheorghe Hagi, Andres Iniesta, Raymond Kopa, Laszlo Kubala, Diego Maradona

ATTACKING MIDFIELD: Alessandro Mazzola, Pele, Michel Platini, Ferenc Puskas, Gianni Rivera, Juan Alberto Schiaffino, Socrates, Francesco Totti, Zico, Zinedine Zidane

RIGHT WING: David Beckham, Samuel Eto'o, George Best, Luis Figo, Garrincha, Jairzinho, Kevin Keegan, Stanley Matthews, Lionel Messi, Arjen Robben

CENTRE-FORWARD: Dennis Bergkamp, Johan Cruyff, Kenny Dalglish, Eusebio, Sandor Kocsis, Gerd Muller, Romario, Ronaldo, Marco van Basten, George Weah

LEFT WING: Oleg Blokhine, Cristiano Ronaldo, Dragan Dzajic, Ryan Giggs, Thierry Henry, Rivaldo, Roberto Rivelino, Ronaldinho, Karl Heinze-Rumminegge, Hristo Stoichko

dicko1969
20th October 2020, 04:36 PM
Etoo unhappy with his position.
🤣🤣

CCTV
30th October 2020, 06:27 PM
How good was pep guardiola as a player ?

skyebo
30th October 2020, 06:33 PM

Good enough to play over 250 games for Barcelona and 47 for his country.

CCTV
30th October 2020, 06:36 PM
It's a bloody hard pick from that list :D

skyebo
30th October 2020, 06:42 PM
It's a bloody hard pick from that list :D

Is the idea to pick a best 11? i've only glanced at it.

Balinkay
30th October 2020, 06:55 PM
Good enough to play over 250 games for Barcelona and 47 for his country.

Weren't Barcelona just a decent European team before they amassed possibly the greatest generation of players from a single academy ever?

I mean no offence - a big club to be sure, but not on the same level as now.

To me he looks very much like the odd man out in terms of quality in that lineup.

skyebo
30th October 2020, 06:56 PM
Ive gone with 3-4-3 as that is how they came out in the post. Loads of players listed in unfamiliar positions.

Banks

Beckenbauer
Moore
Baresi

Rijkaard
Falcao
Iniesta
Zidane

Jairzinho
Pele
Rivaldo

skyebo
30th October 2020, 06:59 PM
Weren't Barcelona just a decent European team before they amassed possibly the greatest generation of players from a single academy ever?

To me he looks very much like the odd man out in terms of quality in that lineup.

No, not as good as they have been recently, but still a good achievement for games played, both for club and country. Loads of better players on that list as you say.

justme
30th October 2020, 07:03 PM
Badly was good enough to fail a drugs test

skyebo
30th October 2020, 07:06 PM
Badly was good enough to fail a drugs test

I didn't know that.

teesred
30th October 2020, 08:02 PM
Genuinely shocked that Keane,Scholes,Lampard,Terry and Ferdinand arent in that list.

teesred
30th October 2020, 08:02 PM
I didn't know that.

Yep. When he played for Brescia in Italy.

skyebo
30th October 2020, 08:06 PM
Yep. When he played for Brescia in Italy.

Thanks Tees.

teesred
30th October 2020, 08:07 PM
Romario in there. Not really. 2 half decent seasons for Barca. Theres better forwards than him with way better records.
Also Keegan right wing?

stevie harkness
30th October 2020, 09:33 PM
Plenty of non Balon D'Or winners in there, plenty of Balon D'Or winners omitted.

Didn't know Guardiola played, thought he was a bald boy

CCTV
30th October 2020, 09:42 PM
Is the idea to pick a best 11? i've only glanced at it.

Not sure but it's a good challenge :D

........................Neuer
................Cafu Baresi Maldini
...................Gerrard Xavi
Messi Maradona Pele Ronaldinho Ronaldo

CCTV
30th October 2020, 09:43 PM

That's what I was wondering, Keane Viera Mascherano not better ?

skyebo
30th October 2020, 09:47 PM

I think Dicko would have copied that list from a newspaper or another source. There are players listed on it who i don't think he'd remember.

CCTV
30th October 2020, 09:49 PM
I think Dicko would have copied that list from a newspaper or another source. There are players listed on it who i don't think he'd remember.

Aye, guessing it's an all time Balloon Door team.
With those listed the shortlist.

CCTV
30th October 2020, 09:50 PM
I would have picked Buffon over Neuer, but given my team selection :D Neuer might suit the setup better.

miller0863
30th October 2020, 09:55 PM
No Luis Suarez??
Bullsheeeeeet

Nineteenx
30th October 2020, 09:58 PM
Bloody tough call, the given positions don't help either and so many incredible forwards makes you want to do a CCTV and play 5 of them :D

Insidious
30th October 2020, 10:28 PM

Fun fact - Pep said to Messi in a chat that Roberto Baggio was the best he'd ever faced.

skyebo
30th October 2020, 10:36 PM
Fun fact - Pep said to Messi in a chat that Roberto Baggio was the best he'd ever faced.

The trouble with such a large group to choose from, is a lot of great players miss out.

teesred
30th October 2020, 10:42 PM
No Luis Suarez??
Bullsheeeeeet
Theres a Luis Suarez in there. Just not the one you think.

teesred
30th October 2020, 10:43 PM
Plenty of non Balon D'Or winners in there, plenty of Balon D'Or winners omitted.

Didn't know Guardiola played, thought he was a bald boy

Captained Barcas 92 European cup team. Beat Sampdoria 1-0 at Wembley

teesred
30th October 2020, 10:45 PM
I would have picked Buffon over Neuer, but given my team selection :D Neuer might suit the setup better.

Shilton not on the list is a joke too. Hes won more European cups than most of them on that list and over 100 international caps.

scientificred
30th October 2020, 11:32 PM
And no Jimmy Greaves?

Balinkay
31st October 2020, 01:32 AM

Miles better as far as I can tell. Those lists are shite shows anyway - nonsensical position and player selections.

Balinkay
31st October 2020, 01:33 AM

Neuer at his best beats both Buffon and Casillas imo. Really is "The Wall" as they call him over here. I know, I know, it's cringe.