Nineteenx
21st October 2020, 11:32 PM
Adrian

Trent Matip Gomez Robertson

Henderson Fabinho Thiago

Salah Firmino Mane

Insidious
21st October 2020, 11:35 PM
Not sure Thiago will be back Nineteen, would be ideal though!

Nineteenx
21st October 2020, 11:41 PM
Not sure Thiago will be back Nineteen, would be ideal though!

Jurgen needs to tell Thiago and Matip they're strapping powerful lads and not made of fucking biscuits and to man up and stop thinking so negatively and always thinking they're injured because theyve had a few niggles in the past ;)

Kev0909
21st October 2020, 11:42 PM
Why do we have 2? CCTV posted his first.

Insidious
21st October 2020, 11:48 PM
Why do we have 2? CCTV posted his first.

He did yeah - I hadn't noticed initially - I'm sure a mod will merge them at some point.

Crimson Dynasty
21st October 2020, 11:49 PM
Jurgen needs to tell Thiago and Matip they're strapping powerful lads and not made of fucking biscuits and to man up and stop thinking so negatively and always thinking they're injured because theyve had a few niggles in the past ;)

Thiago was hacked in the derby though.
Studs up challenge by that cunt Richarlison.

It's a miracle he's even in the reckoning for consideration and not sidelined on the physio's bench for the rest of the season or a large part of it anyway.
And this coming after he had been out quarantined for COVID.

Not really sure its fair to lump him in with Mr. Glass at this point in time.

Steveo
21st October 2020, 11:52 PM
Agree CD - studs head on into the knee of his standing leg.

That fucker Richarlison should have had a lengthy ban for that. A bit harsh to have a pop at Thiago over not being match fit a few days later.

But we do need him... Boy do we need him.

Crimson Dynasty
21st October 2020, 11:56 PM
Agree CD - studs head on into the knee of his standing leg.

That fucker Richarlison should have had a lengthy ban for that. A bit harsh to have a pop at Thiago over not being match fit a few days later.

Doesn't he get a 2 game (or is it 1 game) automatic ban for the red card, at least?

If I recall, for a straight red it's a 3 game ban, but I believe Richarlison was already on a yellow (it was a red-card-able offense so it would have been a straight red, I'd like to think - but the FA being the cunts that they are towards us, will probably reason that it was his second yellow ( I can't remember if Michael Oliver flashed a second yellow first before taking out the red) and only ban him for one game).

Kev0909
22nd October 2020, 12:03 AM
He did yeah - I hadn't noticed initially - I'm sure a mod will merge them at some point.

you think a mod is still here??

Funny xD

Balinkay
22nd October 2020, 07:14 AM
you think a mod is still here??

Funny xD

I'm fairly certain a few are usually on the lurk.

dicko1969
22nd October 2020, 07:42 AM
Minamino Jota Thiago Henderson all may come in.
Jones Shaqiri Keita Matip;

Adrian

Taa Fabinho Gomez Rob

Henderson Thiago Gini

Salah Bobby Mane

reddownunder
22nd October 2020, 12:07 PM
Adrian
Trent Matip Gomez Robertson
Henderson Fabinho Wijnaldum
Salah Mane Jota

faridtoxteth
22nd October 2020, 05:13 PM
I thought Gomez and Fab played pretty well last night. And by all accounts Fab actually likes playing centre back, it's not as if it's a chore or something, so maybe stick with that at the back. Is Matip even likely to return?

scientificred
22nd October 2020, 05:47 PM
Brewster can be picked to play against us ? Yes / No ?

skyebo
22nd October 2020, 05:57 PM

Yes, he is their player now.

Kev0909
22nd October 2020, 06:07 PM

He's not on loan

CCTV
22nd October 2020, 07:42 PM
Didn't the pl do away with that rule too like the cl?

miller0863
22nd October 2020, 08:29 PM
.....................FFS Adrian.............
TAA.........Gomez.....Matip....Robbo
........Hendo.........Fab.......Thiago
.....Salah...........Jota.........Mané

Would really like to see that, with the front three interchanging and going at the opposition from the off.
Liverpool 3-0 Sheff Utd if Jurgen takes my advice.

reddownunder
22nd October 2020, 09:05 PM
I thought Gomez and Fab played pretty well last night. And by all accounts Fab actually likes playing centre back, it's not as if it's a chore or something, so maybe stick with that at the back. Is Matip even likely to return?

Despite his frailty I still believe that Matip is the second best central defender in the squad and I would start him if available

Insidious
22nd October 2020, 09:13 PM
Fab had played centre-back 5 times for us I think.

Including clean sheets against Ajax, Chelsea and Bayern.

That's hardly all down to him and is a small sample size, so am not getting ahead of myself, but that's a decent record, so far - really is.

miller0863
22nd October 2020, 10:55 PM
Well at Chelsea and Ajax the clean sheets were more down to him than anyone else.

Nineteenx
23rd October 2020, 12:31 AM
Fab's been great at CB another who's far better than Gomez

Midfield wise it's pretty straight forward for me, if both Hendo and Thiago are fit to start play Fab at CM with them either side, if only 1 is available there's no way id play him at CM teams are too clued up in how to set up to play off him, or play a low block like Atletico first leg, let him have it without attempting to close him down because he won't hurt them with his distribution and concentrate their efforts on our one midfielder who could, Hendo in that case

ianlfc
23rd October 2020, 09:56 PM
Could we see the great man back in goals tomorrow night ? A late fitness test for him tomorrow apparently.

Taksin
23rd October 2020, 10:23 PM
wow, with Leeds beating Villa 3 nil, they are going to thrash us about 10 nil or 10-2 when we next meet so it would seem..

scientificred
23rd October 2020, 10:30 PM
wow, with Leeds beating Villa 3 nil, they are going to thrash us about 10 nil or 10-2 when we next meet so it would seem..
Hi Taksin,
But things never quite work out like that with football.
We beat Leeds 4-3
We lost to Villa 7-2
Leeds beat Villa 3-0
We beat Palace 9-1 in 89/90 but lost the fa semi to them 4-3.

justme
23rd October 2020, 10:45 PM
Big game tomorrow win and we are right in the mix after 6 games.. Gonna be a strange season for results..
I will be interested to see how West-ham approach Man-city tomorrow.. They were like statues against them at the end of last season. Yet they ran themselves into the ground against us.

Crimson Dynasty
23rd October 2020, 11:03 PM
Big game tomorrow win and we are right in the mix after 6 games.. Gonna be a strange season for results..
I will be interested to see how West-ham approach Man-city tomorrow.. They were like statues against them at the end of last season. Yet they ran themselves into the ground against us.

Don't forget that City are without Fernandinho (out for about 6 weeks with an injury picked up in the CL) and could also be without De Bruyne (was injured but apparently trained with the team yesterday) and a few other injuries.

They're still a tough nut to crack even without major players like that and of course they got back Aguero from a lengthy injury spell.

I don't mind admitting that they are one of the teams I'm keeping an eye on even with their early-season injury issues and struggles for form (just like us), because as we all know only too well they're probably the only team that can start a season not so great and then go on a title-winning unstoppable run on the back end of the season.

Insidious
24th October 2020, 10:49 AM
This is a Pay Per View game isn't it?

ianlfc
24th October 2020, 12:02 PM
This is a Pay Per View game isn't it?

Yep. Bloody disgrace. I urge anyone willing to pay £15 for this, dont. Try streaming it for one night only free on the numerous websites and give the £15 to food banks.
Only in the UK is this happening.

miller0863
24th October 2020, 12:26 PM
I won’t pay £15 on top of the Sky and BT subscriptions, to watch a game with no fans, never mind with them. We are already backed into an expensive corner if we want to watch top level football but this is a money grabbing step too far. I hope the football fans community collectively tell them to f*** right off and no one watches the PPV games.
It’s an absolute disgrace with so many people either furloughed on reduced wages or lost their jobs completely. Flies in the face of the kind of line taken by Marcus Rashford in these difficult times.

Balinkay
24th October 2020, 12:34 PM
Careful with the streaming, lads - think the laws are quite draconian when it comes to that sort of thing...

TheDOC1979
24th October 2020, 01:02 PM
Not going to lie, still reeling from the Villa defeat

Insidious
24th October 2020, 01:07 PM
Yep. Bloody disgrace. I urge anyone willing to pay £15 for this, dont. Try streaming it for one night only free on the numerous websites and give the £15 to food banks.

Was just going to say - I'm pretty sure that's the second time in 6 days for Sheffield United fans.

That's no joke in this climate in a working class city.

We're "lucky" in the sense that we're a boss team and thus will be televised more often.

skyebo
24th October 2020, 01:52 PM
Why have they stopped giving Amazon some of the games ? As long as you have an account, the games are included in the monthly fee. The quality was as good as Sky too.

Kev0909
24th October 2020, 02:05 PM
Careful with the streaming, lads - think the laws are quite draconian when it comes to that sort of thing...

Been streaming for years, they ain't got me yet

I'm sure millions do.

shminkyred
24th October 2020, 06:06 PM

I really don't see the problem? The whole World is trying to figure out ways around this Pandemic...Why shouldn't Football Clubs be allowed to try and recoup some Match Day Revenue??? I don't see this reaction when Boxing is on Pay Per View......yes we pay a lot for Sky but aren't these unscheduled games?

miller0863
24th October 2020, 06:09 PM
They have been specifically moved for tv purposes, if you can still call that “unscheduled”.

shminkyred
24th October 2020, 06:15 PM
They have been specifically moved for tv purposes, if you can still call that “unscheduled”.

What i mean is....The games normally televised by Sky will still be on....to see the other Games live you'd have to buy a ticket ...soooooo whats the big deal?

miller0863
24th October 2020, 06:18 PM
Feel free to pay it if you don’t find it excessive

southernboy
24th October 2020, 06:21 PM
They can fuck right off. A fiver would have been acceptable. I’ll just come here and Twitter for updates.

skyebo
24th October 2020, 06:27 PM
They can fuck right off. A fiver would have been acceptable. I’ll just come here and Twitter for updates.

Either 5 live or Talksport will be covering it.

Kev0909
24th October 2020, 06:37 PM
Allisons in the squad

shminkyred
24th October 2020, 06:53 PM
Feel free to pay it if you don’t find it excessive

cant afford it mate......my Furlow just ended and i have a new baby....but even before that i couldn't afford to go to matches.....is it the price or the concept you have the issue with?

ianlfc
24th October 2020, 06:55 PM
Google search "potato streams " on a android device. (Anything phone, tablet other than Apple )and download the "apk" and follow the links and you'll have free football on it.
And If you want to show off screen mirror it onto your smart tv.

ianlfc
24th October 2020, 06:57 PM
Allisons in the squad
That's set the evening up nicely.

miller0863
24th October 2020, 07:09 PM
Line-ups
Liverpool
1Alisson
66Alexander-Arnold
3Fabinho
12Gomez
26Robertson
5Wijnaldum
14Henderson
20Jota
9Firmino
10Mané
11Salah

Substitutes
7Milner
13Adrián
17Jones
18Minamino
23Shaqiri
47Phillips
76N Williams

Looks like 4-2-3-1 to me. No Thiago in the squad

redebreck
24th October 2020, 07:16 PM
For anyone who might be interested...

The Race Network

£4.99 for one month
£8.99 for two months
£12.99 for three months

All Premier League games are being shown.
Plus other sports.
Covers BT sport channels, SKY sport channels, BEIN 11, NBC S N, Eurosport, Racing TV

Nineteenx
24th October 2020, 07:19 PM
Line up confirmed:

Looks like CCTV gets his fantasy,

Allison

Trent Fabinho Gomez Robertson

Henderson Wijnaldum

Salah Firmino Jota

Mane

Come on come on come ON Liverpool, come the fucking FUCK on Liverpool, get the win here today and another vital 3 points

faridtoxteth
24th October 2020, 07:20 PM
If its 4231 who is the 1?
It looks like an enigmatic team selection.
I think it will be a 433 with Jota playing left side to see how he links up with Robbo and Sadio.
Who knows.
But I like the look of it. Hope Alisson isn't being rushed back. (could understand that tbh)
Pity Thiago isn't making the squad.

miller0863
24th October 2020, 07:24 PM
I’d have

Mané....... Bobby..... Jota
.................Salah............

skyebo
24th October 2020, 07:24 PM
I think it will be a 433 with Jota playing left side to see how he links up with Robbo and Sadio.
Who knows.
But I like the look of it. Hope Alisson isn't being rushed back. (could understand that tbh)

It's a good team, shouldn't have any trouble tonight.

Nineteenx
24th October 2020, 07:26 PM
Who knows.

Yes it could be a 433 with either Jota or Mane playing on the right or left

skyebo
24th October 2020, 07:26 PM
Who knows.

BBC has it as Jota on the left of midfield, Henderson centre and Wijnaldum right. 4-3-3 to me.

justme
24th October 2020, 07:32 PM
to me in looks like either Jota or Mane in a 3 in midfield.

Nineteenx
24th October 2020, 07:36 PM
to me in looks like either Jota or Mane in a 3 in midfield.

Jurgen's used Mane at RM quite a few times when he's made a sub bringing on a forward for a midfielder, I always found it really stupid to be honest

I think it's most likely Jota at left mid, getting him into the press with Hendo, Robbo and Mane around him

justme
24th October 2020, 07:38 PM
Jurgen's used Mane at RM quite a few times when he's made a sub bringing on a forward for a midfielder, I always found it really stupid to be honest

I think it's most likely Jota at left mid, getting him into the press with Hendo, Robbo and Mane around him
Am sure you are an expert at what to do..Its stupid playing Mane on the right!!!!

Seriously I don't think right favours Mane but if hes there.. he will do a job for the team

Balinkay
24th October 2020, 07:45 PM
4-2-3-1 would be my guess!

CC's getting his wish. Let's see how we do here.

Nineteenx
24th October 2020, 07:49 PM
Am sure you are an expert at what to do..Its stupid playing Mane on the right!!!!

Seriously I don't think right favours Mane but if hes there.. he will do a job for the team

I mean I always found it stupid moving Mane from his best position to bring on Origi there who was always entirely ineffectual

justme
24th October 2020, 07:53 PM
so basically a 4/3/3 with Firmino in a 3..Or 4/4/2 if Firmino stays up the top as well.

justme
24th October 2020, 07:54 PM
I mean I always found it stupid moving Mane from his best position to bring on Origi there who was always entirely ineffectual
Oh ok, and yes Origi is ineffectual he can't even get into the squad this evening

CCTV
24th October 2020, 10:30 PM
I’d have

Mané....... Bobby..... Jota
.................Salah............

Same, makes the most sense

CCTV
24th October 2020, 10:32 PM
Oh ok, and yes Origi is ineffectual he can't even get into the squad this evening

Seems hes getting the nudge and cold shoulder

Nineteenx
24th October 2020, 10:34 PM
Seems hes getting the nudge and cold shoulder

Should have got the nudge out of the door in the summer

CCTV
24th October 2020, 10:44 PM
Should have got the nudge out of the door in the summer

Iirc he was happy to stay under the proviso he could get minutes.
Guessing hes getting a clear message now, no mins going here for Div.

Nineteenx
24th October 2020, 10:51 PM
Iirc he was happy to stay under the proviso he could get minutes.
Guessing hes getting a clear message now, no mins going here for Div.

Pigeon holed into a position he sucked in unfortunately, Minamino could yet end up the same the way things have been going and with how he's being used, never ever for one second understood the logic and reasoning behind all those 15-20 minute sub appearances being brought on a LFWD and Mane moved to CFWD or RFWD and becoming anonymous having previously been a constant threat and Origi being worse than that, must have seen it 30 times and like Neo in the Matrix the gaffer still persisted

LEGS
24th October 2020, 10:57 PM
We need Matip back at CB asap.

I would be tempted to play Rhys Williams in the CL game and give Hendo a rest for Milner.

We should win midweek and we are going to have to rotate more over the coming weeks.

Nineteenx
24th October 2020, 11:01 PM
We need Matip back at CB asap.

I would be tempted to play Rhys Williams in the CL game and give Hendo a rest for Milner.

We should win midweek and we are going to have to rotate more over the coming weeks.

I'd go with

Allison

Trent Fabinho Gomez Robbo

Milner Wijnaldum Jones

Shaqiri Minamino Jota

For the Champions League game with all the big guns on the bench

LEGS
24th October 2020, 11:08 PM
I'd go with

Allison

Trent Fabinho Gomez Robbo

Milner Wijnaldum Jones

Shaqiri Minamino Jota

For the Champions League game with all the big guns on the bench

I can see something like that team beinh selected.

Nineteenx
24th October 2020, 11:18 PM
I can see something like that team beinh selected.

Be great for Jones to get a start in his actual preferred position and the position he was brought up through the academy playing and Robbo and Jones given the chance to link up with Jota to see how that might develop

Can't really do much rest defensively, Neco is a liability who gets caught badly trying to dribble past three opposition players 10 yards outside our own box with no-one on the cover at least twice every time he plays, the lad we brought in as cover and competition for Robbo is out, I wouldn't start Rhys Williams just now and the more games the back four sans Matip and Virgil get to play together the better really