PDA

View Full Version : Your team v Midtyjlland (Champion's League)

Insidious
24th October 2020, 11:15 PM
.........................Alisson

Trent......Fabinho........Gomez......Robertson

.......................Wijnaldum

.............Milner.................Keita

.....Salah...........Minamino...........Jota

On paper, this is the weakest team in the group.

I would go at this strong "enough" to get the win, but would be thinking with a view to the West Ham game, as we need maximum possible points before playing City.

Feel this is a semi-reasonable mix, though would be open to tweaking it and could get behind Klopp going full strength.

Nineteenx
24th October 2020, 11:25 PM
I had that exact line up in mind but Jones where you have Keita and Shaq attack where you have Mo, be happy enough going with your line up with Hendo, Bobby, Mane and Matip and Thaigo if fit on the bench in case of emergency, wouldn't mind seeing Jones get a start at LCM

Alisson

Trent Fabinho Gomez Robertson

Milner Wijnaldum Jones

Salah Minamino Jota

miller0863
24th October 2020, 11:31 PM
I’d be happy with that 19.

Insidious
24th October 2020, 11:43 PM

Same, though I lean towards having one of Salah or Mane in these rotated line-ups due to their threat on the counter pace-wise.

Kills the idea of most sides playing a high line against us and trying to pin us back.

skyebo
24th October 2020, 11:45 PM
Alisson
Williams
Matip
Gomez
Milner
Henderson
Thiago
Jones
Salah
Firmino
Diogo

Adrian Trent Fabinho Robertson
Wijnaldum Minamino Mane

skyebo
24th October 2020, 11:47 PM

As they are rank outsiders, i suspect any line up would be good enough to ease to victory.

justme
24th October 2020, 11:47 PM
Lets make bacon out of them!

miller0863
24th October 2020, 11:51 PM
Salah’s there Sid ya great lemon

Insidious
24th October 2020, 11:54 PM
Salah’s there Sid ya great lemon

You Sir, are not wrong.

Tiredness does strange things to a man. I must have been a name in one of Brendan's envelopes.

miller0863
25th October 2020, 12:00 AM
That seems like another life ...

Nineteenx
25th October 2020, 12:06 AM
You Sir, are not wrong.

Tiredness does strange things to a man. I must have been a name in one of Brendan's envelopes.

Cunt should have put his own name in one the shit bastard, don't how some here STILL dislike Hendo and refuse to give him the credit he deserved because he took the arm band after gerrard, it was shit cunt Rodgers who cost him a Premier League winners medal

Insidious
25th October 2020, 12:10 AM
Cunt should have put his own name in one the shit bastard, don't how some here STILL dislike Hendo and refuse to give him the credit he deserved because he took the arm band after gerrard, it was shit cunt Rodgers who cost him a Premier League winners medal

If there is a silver lining to be taken from that cloud, it's that the best steel is forged in the hottest fires.

Being in "nearly" situations can break some people, but for others it creates an Iron Will that is unshakeable and becomes a terrifying weapon.

Much as I wish he had more medals, the 13/14 disastrophe and the lost Champion's League Final / 97-points not being enough situation will have strengthened some of our lads even more.

Long may their Fire burn.

Kev0909
25th October 2020, 10:27 AM
is the greek lad back yet?

On paper this is probably the worst team in the competition, but we still have to take it semi serious I get that, but i'd rotate front 3, give those that need a rest, a rest.

I can't see any problems.

Balinkay
25th October 2020, 10:31 AM
I think Tsimikas is just back in training.

miller0863
25th October 2020, 01:17 PM
If he’s fit I’d be starting him to give Robbo a rest

CCTV
25th October 2020, 02:00 PM
Any injury updates ?

Would like to see Rhys William's get a game at centre back in a strong enough line up

Nineteenx
25th October 2020, 02:17 PM

Robbo had a rest yesterday barely made any of his numerous lung busting runs yesterday as there was no-one at LFWD for him to link with for 80 plus minutes or making the runs in behind to create the space for him to run into That 4231 debacle went exactly as i said it would for all the reasons i said it would i'm fearful of what's coming next are we going to see Allison Gomez and Fabinho up top because players understanding of each others movement and positions built up over 3 or 4 seasons apparently means and counts for absolutely nothing?

Insidious
25th October 2020, 06:21 PM

I can see Robbo getting a rest somewhere in the 4th-6th of our 6 Champion's League group games, depending on how our qualification chances are looking.

teesred
25th October 2020, 06:34 PM
"The shit bastard ". Haha, quality put down. Like being shit at being a bastard?

Kev0909
26th October 2020, 06:05 AM
I can see Robbo getting a rest somewhere in the 4th-6th of our 6 Champion's League group games, depending on how our qualification chances are looking.

I know it's the chanpions league but we really don't need to play our best 11 here, considering the fixture congestion, even if the very worst happened and we only got a draw, a win away to ajax sets us up very nicely.

I'm pretty sure we'll beat these with any squad, well 2nd squad.

Insidious
26th October 2020, 09:23 AM
I know it's the chanpions league but we really don't need to play our best 11 here, considering the fixture congestion, even if the very worst happened and we only got a draw, a win away to ajax sets us up very nicely.

I understand that approach, I really do. To me Midtyjlland represent semi-guaranteed points if we play well, so my inclination is to field a pretty strong side, get to a point of the game where we are comfortable (2 goals up say, or just having one of those nights where we massively monopolise possession) and start making changes once there - don't forget we can have 12 on the bench in the Champion's League and can make 5 substitutions - and we're at Home - 6 points from 6 and then hopefully an Atalanta win (they haven't reached their scintillating best this season) leaving us at 9 from 9 would "buy" us the chance to rotate much, much more heavily from a position of strength later in the campaign and that's my personal preference, though I wouldn't say no to us doing it your way as we SHOULD have enough.

CCTV
26th October 2020, 11:21 AM
When's klopp presser ? Any injury updates?

TheDOC1979
26th October 2020, 01:01 PM
Jota needs a run of games. He wasn’t cheap and has an eye for goal. I’d start him more regularly. Drop firmino back to be the creative midfield partner with Thiago (when fit) or with Henderson. Keita needs to up his game significantly as I can see him leaving in January, which is unfortunate as I rate him.

Don’t like the idea of keeping Fabinho at CB for the foreseeable as he is a beast at CDM.

Fucking Pickford! However, it was going to happen through a tackle or a training injury. Good luck to Gomez and getting back to a standard he should be at playing for the first 11. He’s actually done rather well since VVD’s injury

Kev0909
26th October 2020, 03:43 PM
I understand that approach, I really do. To me Midtyjlland represent semi-guaranteed points if we play well, so my inclination is to field a pretty strong side, get to a point of the game where we are comfortable (2 goals up say, or just having one of those nights where we massively monopolise possession) and start making changes once there - don't forget we can have 12 on the bench in the Champion's League and can make 5 substitutions - and we're at Home - 6 points from 6 and then hopefully an Atalanta win (they haven't reached their scintillating best this season) leaving us at 9 from 9 would "buy" us the chance to rotate much, much more heavily from a position of strength later in the campaign and that's my personal preference, though I wouldn't say no to us doing it your way as we SHOULD have enough.

Yes that's true, just think we should rotate when we can, but I don't see there being much chances to do that (well at least a lot of rotation) with the games coming up, i'm not to worried about this game or west ham (not that, it'll be a easy game either mind), it's the fixtures after.

Atalanta
City
Leicester
Atalanta

We'll need the squad to be sharp for these, and not fatigued, which why we should rotate/rest players when we can, I'm really not worried about the next game can't underestimate them to much but we've got a 2nd squad that could beat them with rather easy (on paper) but like you said, the number of subs helps.

Can't have any more injury's either otherwise we are in deep trouble coming upto this run of games.

Nineteenx
26th October 2020, 06:05 PM
Don’t like the idea of keeping Fabinho at CB for the foreseeable as he is a beast at CDM.

He really isn't

Key points: He frequently allows our press to be broken

In Jurgen's press, counter press, releasing our forward and full backs with switches and winning second balls through great positioning system, it has been played to its highest ever levels when Fabinho was out

Following that incredible run it rapidly went to shit when Jurgen inexplicably brought Fabinho back in, despite the team having undergone a huge evolution in his absence and having played far better in his absence

If you look at any youtube of Fabinho's 'highlights' obviously made by people who don't understand our system played at its best, you will find numerous clips of Fabinho running back making recovery tackles, if you understand our system and what made us Premier League champions you will appreciate these are not highlights, these are numerous instances detailing how Fabinho has allowed our press to be broken and is chasing back trying to make a tackle that he wouldn't and shouldn't need to make were he 'a beast' a CDM in our system capable of orchestrating our press and playing it to the required level and playing the switch balls that constantly move the opposition positions preventing them from ever getting set in the positions they've trained all week to try and create a transition to launch an effective counter through

Keita has never had a single good game with Fabinho at CDM they have all come playing with Gini and Hendo

Gini doesn't play the press and counter press, win as many second balls or link as effectively with Mane and Robbo to anything like his best levels with Fabinho at CDM

This isn't my opinion, these are facts, that were our fabled analysis team all they're cracked up to be, they'd have presented to Jurgen with considerable urgency prior to him bringing him back in there

Watch some Fabinho youtubes

Watch the 7-2 v Villa, his first game back v Southampton last season, the Watford game, the first leg v Atletico then the second leg and the change after he came on as sub

Nineteenx
26th October 2020, 06:23 PM
Re the youtubes and recovery tackles through allowing our press to be broken, these are the ones he made, there are 3 or 4 times more examples of ones he didn't make and was so badly off the press and counter press he was nowhere near close enough to affect the play and what developed after he allowed our press to be broken

shminkyred
26th October 2020, 06:37 PM
If there is a silver lining to be taken from that cloud, it's that the best steel is forged in the hottest fires.

Being in "nearly" situations can break some people, but for others it creates an Iron Will that is unshakeable and becomes a terrifying weapon.

Much as I wish he had more medals, the 13/14 disastrophe and the lost Champion's League Final / 97-points not being enough situation will have strengthened some of our lads even more.

Long may their Fire burn.

nice lyrics

Nineteenx
26th October 2020, 08:51 PM
Oh and it isn't a Hendo/Fabinho thing, if it were Millie, Gini, Keita, Lallana, Oxlade or any other midfielder who had come into CM and helped to take our playing of the system to far higher levels, it'd be them i was talking about, all those mentioned absolutely did play a huge role in it too, through their participation it evolved into a more fluid midfield 3 interchanging position during games and covering each others position

What was most brilliant and also inredibly damning is that during Fabs absence, no matter which of all those midfielders had taken up the No6 position at any point of any of the games, they kept the right side of and in close attendance of the player who might otherwise be used for an opposition counter or the transition for the counter absolutely flawlessly, flawlessly and if you're reading the game, scanning the pitch checking positions as you should be and are a professional footballer it should be that easy

CCTV
27th October 2020, 01:38 AM
Matip, Keita & Thiago ruled out for this game.

Kev0909
27th October 2020, 01:38 AM
Matip, Keita & Thiago ruled out for this game.

Shock

horror

CCTV
27th October 2020, 01:47 AM
................Alisson
TAA R.Williams Gomez Robbo
...........Fabinho Gini
.......Minamino Firmino Jota
..................Salah

Subs:
Adrian, Milner, Philips, Hendo, Shaqiri, Mane Jones, Origi. + however many other subs we're allowed.

I'd rest Hendo as hes only back from a time out with injury, giving William's some minutes at centreback.
I could start Mane easily on the right, just thinking with the 5 subs, he can come on and other first steamers can come off.

Want the 3 points, so can't be too complacent but need to get minutes into lesser spotted players as well.

Nineteenx
27th October 2020, 01:50 AM
Looking forward to seeing a few get an opportunity with the rested best 11 players on the bench

Alisson

Trent Fabinho Gomez Milner

Shaqiri Wijnaldum Jones

Salah Minamino Jota

Need to rest a few and not use them unless we need to, it's a hectic schedule and West Ham will not be an easy game, they are fighting for absolutely everything. Let's put all our focus on getting the win in this game and another vital 3 points to build on the good start to our Champions League campaign

Kev0909
27th October 2020, 06:35 PM
So tonights the night.... I don't feel like it's a champions league game mind

Nineteenx
27th October 2020, 07:02 PM
................Alisson
TAA R.Williams Gomez Robbo
...........Fabinho Gini
.......Minamino Firmino Jota
..................Salah

Subs:
Adrian, Milner, Philips, Hendo, Shaqiri, Mane Jones, Origi. + however many other subs we're allowed.

I'd rest Hendo as hes only back from a time out with injury, giving William's some minutes at centreback.
I could start Mane easily on the right, just thinking with the 5 subs, he can come on and other first steamers can come off.

Want the 3 points, so can't be too complacent but need to get minutes into lesser spotted players as well.

2 from the Villa debacle who whether paired or in a 3 got found out back in the 18-19 season with teams setting up to create transitions and counter off them incredibly successfully as demonstrated v Villa, i know tonights opponents are considered lesser opponents, but so are Villa

skyebo
27th October 2020, 07:13 PM
If we are going to struggle against a team ranked complete outsiders, no matter what line-up and formation Klopp goes with, it doesn't bode well for when we meet a decent team. That team at Villa would have had no problems in 9 out of every 10 games, they are not a good team, they got a lot of help. Let's see what happens in the return game. Anyway, 20 minutes before team is announced.

miller0863
27th October 2020, 08:03 PM
Liverpool
1Alisson
66Alexander-Arnold
3Fabinho
12Gomez
26Robertson
14Henderson
7Milner
23Shaqiri
18Minamino
20Jota
27Origi

Substitutes
5Wijnaldum
9Firmino
10Mané
11Salah
13Adrián
17Jones
46R Williams
62Jaros
64Cain
76N Williams

Kev0909
27th October 2020, 08:08 PM
Well I hope henderson doesn't get injured, after his issues lately it feels a bit of a risk but whatever, considering you'd think he'd start every game coming up

Rather have played R.williams for Fabinho and fabinho take hendersons place.

What's happened to the greek??

Nineteenx
27th October 2020, 08:10 PM
Team confirmed:

looks very much like the woeful 4231 experiment continues

Alisson

Trent Fabinho Gomez Robertson

Henderson Milner

Shaqiri Minamino Jota

Origi

Come on come on come ON Liverpool, come the fucking FUCK on Liverpool, let's be as good as we can possibly be with this line up and formation, get the win here tonight and another vital 3 points

Insidious
27th October 2020, 08:24 PM
Interesting that's the confirmed team as it ties in with earlier Twitter leaks around 4pm.

We could do without that stuff Honestly.

Nineteenx
27th October 2020, 08:25 PM
That team at Villa would have had no problems in 9 out of every 10 games

But that simply isn't true, that midfield were getting exposed on the counter through the press being broken time and time and time again later in the 18-19 season, that is the reason Henderson was brought back into the side at RCM so let's not have a revisionist approach to it, anyone want to tell me that Henderson wasn't brought back in for that reason and that happening wasn't the catalyst for our end of season run of back to back victories and winning the Champions League and everything that followed?

skyebo
27th October 2020, 08:29 PM
But that simply isn't true, that midfield were getting exposed on the counter through the press being broken time and time and time again later in the 18-19 season, that is the reason Henderson was brought back into the side at RCM so let's not have a revisionist approach to it, anyone want to tell me that Henderson wasn't brought back in for that reason and that happening wasn't the catalyst for our end of season run of back to back victories and winning the Champions League and everything that followed?

They couldn't have been exposed that many times, we only lost one game that season.

justme
27th October 2020, 08:37 PM
Yeah and we wouldnt have lost that game!

Nineteenx
27th October 2020, 08:44 PM
They couldn't have been exposed that many times, we only lost one game that season.

Yes, but that season was also the season Virgil had that incredible amount of one v ones he won successfully and never let anyone past him, last season he barely had any, which was my point about working with the 433 and making sure the press and counter press is as good or even better than in was in that 20 odd game run when Fab was out

On that point, the issues when the changes were made to that midfield were simple, it's not a huge leap for a CB to transcend to playing DM, for a CB to transcend to playing as a CM is a quantum leap. In the evolution of the side during that run, Henderson and whoever played with him changed that role, Henderson was operating as an out and out CM, using his experience of playing DM to drop in there when needed and his experience of playing further forward when needed and the others were all filling in and covering as the CM when needed, because they were all players who had vast experience of playing numerous midfield positions and left and right forward positions their entire careers.

In all fairness to Fab, he can't play as a CM that way, as a DM just sitting he is an excellent player, but to expect him to read it, interchange positions, orchestrate the press as a CM, never having played as a CM, given all the years of experience as actual midfielders that allowed those who played in that run to operate as they did to expect Fab to step in and be able to do that was simply ridiculous

CCTV
27th October 2020, 08:50 PM
Even when hendo was at 6 over those 20 games you are always citing there were games where we were exposed and lucky to win.
Shit happens

Nineteenx
27th October 2020, 08:55 PM
Even when hendo was at 6 over those 20 games you are always citing there were games where we were exposed and lucky to win.
Shit happens

I absolutely wasn't! Now you're making stuff up, I never said we were lucky to win any of those games, someone will have to give me a specific game and instance of it, but I don't remember our press ever being broken in that run and in almost all of the games we restricted the opposition to virtually no possession in our half, no look at our CBs, no successful transitions and virtually no attempts on goal

CCTV
27th October 2020, 09:01 PM
I absolutely wasn't! Now you're making stuff up, I never said we were lucky to win any of those games, someone will have to give me a specific game and instance of it, but I don't remember our press ever being broken in that run and in almost all of the games we restricted the opposition to virtually no possession in our half, no look at our CBs, no successful transitions and virtually no attempts on goal

I never said you said we were lucky.