PDA

View Full Version : Your team v West Ham

Insidious
27th October 2020, 10:50 PM
Appreciate that a tough choice or two will raise ALL the eyebrows of the day, but I am working on the assumption that Matip, Fabinho, Thiago, Keita and Ox will all be unavailable for the match.

.........................Alisson

Trent......Wijnaldum........Gomez......Robertson

........................Henderson

.............Milner................Shaqiri

.....Salah...........Firmino...........Mane

Naturally I will tweak this if we get positive injury updates during the week. A journo on Twitter said that Fabinho is fine but I'd be surprised if they had that info quite so soon - what an incredible boost it would be mind you!

Shaqiri showed a few bits of creative trickery against our Danish opposition and his work-rate was fine. Milner and Henderson shall handle the no-nonsense stuff as West Ham is a TOUGH game physically.

Wijnaldum reads the game well and is assured in possession and has played there for us before (just the once or twice I think, but has still done it) and I trust his professionalism.

Jones is an option too of course, but that's my pick.

Would be absolutely delighted with an injury-free win thanks very much.

jozza800
27th October 2020, 10:52 PM
Don't see why Williams shouldn't get a run out. Played ok when he came on.

Insidious
27th October 2020, 10:57 PM
Don't see why Williams shouldn't get a run out. Played ok when he came on.

Was impressed with him. West Ham are such a physical side that I'd rather throw him in against almost anybody else and if Klopp decides Williams can handle it, fair enough.

Wijnaldum is deceptively strong and I'm not excited about the prospect of shallow breathing each time West Ham have a corner.

CCTV
27th October 2020, 11:00 PM
Was impressed with him. West Ham are such a physical side that I'd rather throw him in against almost anybody else and if Klopp decides Williams can handle it, fair enough.

Wijnaldum is deceptively strong and I'm not excited about the prospect of shallow breathing each time West Ham have a corner.

If we lose it's your fault, bet you've been waiting all week for this opportunity :D

............Alisson
Trent Hendo Gomez Robbo
........Milner Gini
..Mane Firmino Jota
...........Salah

Balinkay
27th October 2020, 11:05 PM
Matip must be back, Shirley?

Insidious
27th October 2020, 11:06 PM
If we lose it's your fault, bet you've been waiting all week for this opportunity :D

The combo of Noods doing match threads and me doing Your Team Against threads yields a high PPG and suits my hatred of change that's symptomatic of my OCD :lol:

Nineteenx
27th October 2020, 11:12 PM
No brainer best available 11, best formation possible with as much continuity of normal selection

Alisson

Trent Matip Gomez Robertson

Henderson Thiago Wijnaldum

Salah Firmino Mane

CCTV
27th October 2020, 11:14 PM
The combo of Noods doing match threads and me doing Your Team Against threads yields a high PPG and suits my hatred of change that's symptomatic of my OCD :lol:

I'm watching you, I wont even have to find you !!

skyebo
27th October 2020, 11:16 PM
No brainer best available 11, best formation possible with as much continuity of normal selection

Alisson

Salah Firmino Mane

This.

Kev0909
27th October 2020, 11:17 PM

Alisson

Salah Firmino Mane

Well that's the team if thiago and matip are fit

teesred
27th October 2020, 11:20 PM
Probably not. And dont call me Shirley. Lolz!......
Anno. I'll get me coat.

Kev0909
27th October 2020, 11:21 PM
Probably not. And dont call me Shirley. Lolz!......
Anno. I'll get me coat.

Well matip will probably do a keita and breakdown in training ./ pre-match warmup before he even makes it onto the pitch

lols

teesred
27th October 2020, 11:22 PM
Will be a tough game. They're going ok and scoring goals.
Could be our toughest test yet in the league.

teesred
27th October 2020, 11:22 PM
Well matip will probably do a keita and breakdown in training ./ pre-match warmup before he even makes it onto the pitch

lols

Haha, dont even joke about that, it's that fucking likely.

faridtoxteth
27th October 2020, 11:23 PM
If Matip is not fit I would play Williams there. It is after all a position he knows how to play, that is why i would put him ahead of Wijnaldum for centre back. I think more important towards how Williams might play is who is the personel of midfield in front of him, and how they play. Probably Jordan, Gini and Thiago.
Any news about Fab's injury?
Billy the kid will be getting excited.

Insidious
27th October 2020, 11:25 PM

Alisson

Salah Firmino Mane

Think most would agree that's the side we would ideally field as often as possible, if the relevant people are fit.

With luck Matip and Thiago can play.

Nineteenx
27th October 2020, 11:33 PM
Think most would agree that's the side we would ideally field as often as possible, if the relevant people are fit.

With luck Matip and Thiago can play.

I hope both are fit, I am fully expecting Thiago to be, if Matip doesn't make it I agree in that I'd go with Rhys Williams at CB and play that 3 across the centre but might alter their starting positions, maybe Hendo Gini Thiago, with our defence weakened somewhat I think the 3 we play in front of them and the press, counter press and winning second balls and passing and switch ability in that 3 is the best way of protecting our defence, I believe the combined passing, crossing and switch ability of Thiago and Hendo will really help because it will allow us to create more chances and it will keep us constantly moving the oppositions positions making it far more difficult for them to ever get set in the positions they have trained all week to be in to try and create transitions and counters

Kev0909
27th October 2020, 11:38 PM
Problem is williams might have to play at one point, because we're running out of midfielders too.

justme
27th October 2020, 11:44 PM
Any news on what injury Fabinho picked up?

Nineteenx
27th October 2020, 11:47 PM
Any news on what injury Fabinho picked up?

None yet, I think it's safe to say he won't be back until after the international break

Joetan991
28th October 2020, 03:49 AM
None yet, I think it's safe to say he won't be back until after the international break

2 games before the Int break, away to Man City

Nineteenx
28th October 2020, 06:14 AM
2 games before the Int break, away to Man City

He won't be available for the West Ham, Atalanta or UAE FC games, maybe longer

Balinkay
28th October 2020, 08:20 AM
So we won't destroy $ity 5-1 but rather 5-3. Still fine. :D

LEGS
28th October 2020, 12:00 PM
We need Matip back for West Ham and City if he misses them we have a problem with him one as we know he is injury prone and secondly he has another 4 years on his contract.

It sounds harsh as when fit he is quality but he is now totally unreliable I think it depends where we are in Jan before we make a decision to buy we NEED a CB everyone knows that but we might not sign one.

skyebo
28th October 2020, 12:42 PM
4 years left on his contract ? That, along with Fabinho getting injured has really cheered me up !!!!. A Matip & Gomez partnership is something i'm not looking forward to, neither of them are leaders. Having Alisson back may soften the blow, he's going to be very busy by the looks of things.

LEGS
28th October 2020, 01:05 PM
I believe Matip is contracted until 2024.

Alisson is a huge bonus to have back he becomes the leader at the back now fingers crossed he stays fit.

Insidious
29th October 2020, 09:08 AM
Will be a tough game. They're going ok and scoring goals.
Could be our toughest test yet in the league.

They seem to be scoring goals later in games as well, as a general rule.

In a perfect World we would be 2 goals clear by the 70th minute or so and would slow things down via keeping the ball etc as I would (currently) back West Ham should it be level in the last 10-15 minutes.

justincredible
29th October 2020, 10:53 AM
Big Willy to save the day...
https://www.rousingthekop.com/2020/10/29/jurgen-klopp-confirms-billy-koumetio-will-train-ahead-of-saturday/

justme
29th October 2020, 03:13 PM
Matip won't be here in 2024 if hes hardly fit this season. he won't see next season. It will be time to move him on.
Its weird that we gave him a long contract and dont seem interested n giving Gini the contract he wants bizarre

skyebo
29th October 2020, 04:52 PM
Matip won't be here in 2024 if hes hardly fit this season. he won't see next season. It will be time to move him on.
Its weird that we gave him a long contract and dont seem interested n giving Gini the contract he wants bizarre

Exactly, apart from being a great player Wijnaldum doesn't get injured often.

LEGS
29th October 2020, 05:41 PM
Im hoping we dont put Hendo at CB for this game id start Williams/Nat Phillips.

We need to have some faith they can fill in for a game or two.

Im going on the basis Matip not play Saturday probably be desperate to keep him fit for City.

ianlfc
30th October 2020, 09:05 AM
Is Antonio out of the game for West ham?
If so thats a huge loss for them,He's been in fine form for them this season so far.

Nineteenx
30th October 2020, 09:14 AM
Im hoping we dont put Hendo at CB for this game id start Williams/Nat Phillips.

We need to have some faith they can fill in for a game or two.

Im going on the basis Matip not play Saturday probably be desperate to keep him fit for City.

I'm certain if Matip is not available Jurgen will start either Nat Philips or Rhys Williams at CB, most likely Philips

justme
30th October 2020, 09:40 AM
_________Alisson ________
TAA__Gomez_Williams__Robbo
____Henderson_Gini__ Jota__
Salah____Firmino_____Mane

I thought Firmino was much better in midweek. so would stick with him and Jota.

Nineteenx
30th October 2020, 09:42 AM
By the looks of the training pics

Alisson

Trent Philips Gomez Robertson

Jota Henderson Wijnaldum

Salah Firmino Mane

Kev0909
30th October 2020, 12:48 PM
Antonio is out so good news for us, I think klopp may go for phillips because of more league experience, although williams hasn't done anything wrong

Thing is if west ham destroyed us williams would take a while to recover from that, he's a young lad, have to be careful.

skyebo
30th October 2020, 01:19 PM
No matter who Klopp chooses at the back, they are going to be inexperienced. I can't see him shifting Wijnaldum or Henderson.

justme
30th October 2020, 01:20 PM
when i said midweek. i meant last weekend..These games are coming around so thick and fast.

Balinkay
30th October 2020, 01:44 PM
Pearce:

Klopp: "Thiago is desperate to make the next steps but whether he will be ready for tomorrow we will have to see."

So Thiago's fit then.

Balinkay
30th October 2020, 01:44 PM
Let's hope he wasn't pulling the journo's legs.

Klopp on Fabinho: "He's got a little injury. Out for the weekend and probably slightly longer." #LFC

teesred
30th October 2020, 05:17 PM
No matter who Klopp chooses at the back, they are going to be inexperienced. I can't see him shifting Wijnaldum or Henderson.

Agree. Even wn inexperienced CB will be a better choice than a midfielder who's never or barely played that position.

LEGS
30th October 2020, 05:24 PM
Alisson
TAA
Williams
Gomez
Robbo
Gini
Henderson
Thiago
Salah
Firmino
Mane

Rumoured team im hoping big Joel is back we'll see.

Nineteenx
30th October 2020, 05:28 PM
Jurgen's being very coy with his injury updates on Thaigo and Naby and whether or not they'll be available tomorrow, I would not be at all surprised if Thiago is

No update on Matip and I didn't see him in the training photos, although, that could be deliberate

Watched all our goals from last season last night, Naby and Ox contributed a few quite important goals, more than people give them credit for, everyone contributed

ianlfc
30th October 2020, 05:29 PM
Antonio is out so good news for us, I think klopp may go for phillips because of more league experience, although williams hasn't done anything wrong

Thing is if west ham destroyed us williams would take a while to recover from that, he's a young lad, have to be careful.

He's definitely out. As for our centre back I'd love him to go with either of the kids but I can see him putting Hendo there and playing either Tiago if fit or Gini in the middle of the park. I'm near sure that's were he played when he came on during the week.

Balinkay
30th October 2020, 05:37 PM
Thank fuck Mikhail is out.

Nineteenx
30th October 2020, 05:40 PM
Going to be a tough tough game, West Ham have some very good players and are in very good form and confidence, I hope we play our best possible formation with as much familiarity of selection as possible and that our best midfielders play in midfield as I believe ensuring our midfield and press and counter press is at its best is the best way to create more chances and best protect and support our defence

Insidious
30th October 2020, 05:57 PM
Alisson
TAA
Williams
Gomez
Robbo
Gini
Henderson
Thiago
Salah
Firmino
Mane

Rumoured team im hoping big Joel is back we'll see.

It was correct last week.

Really hope leaks aren't happening. It's not good for us long-term.

LEGS
30th October 2020, 06:13 PM

I agree its why we are moving training grounds but with Covid this has to come from an insider ?

Nineteenx
30th October 2020, 06:18 PM

You'd like to think these aren't leaks, in all honesty I don't think it matters that much, every team we play can pretty much name the team they'll be playing against and at this point on a Friday all training and preparation is done and teams will have worked on strategies and tactics to deal with one of the two likely expected line ups and just go with plan A or B when they see the team sheet, having already prepared for either

Balinkay
30th October 2020, 06:57 PM
Hey, diamonds are made under pressure. If Williams is going to step up, let's hope he turns into the next Rafa Varane.

Nineteenx
30th October 2020, 09:01 PM
Hey, diamonds are made under pressure. If Williams is going to step up, let's hope he turns into the next Rafa Varane.

Ha ha, Humane Labs raid GTAV "That's a lot of pressure for 4 people to shoulder, but pressure can turn shit into diamonds, or it can turn diamonds into dust" broke the WC on that heist and reinvented it numerous times ;)

redebreck
31st October 2020, 02:21 PM
Ha ha, Humane Labs raid GTAV "That's a lot of pressure for 4 people to shoulder, but pressure can turn shit into diamonds, or it can turn diamonds into dust" broke the WC on that heist and reinvented it numerous times ;)

Full stop button is just under "L", 19X

:)

Nineteenx
31st October 2020, 05:36 PM
Team confirmed:

Alisson

Trent Phillips Gomez Robertson

Wijnaldum Henderson Jones

Salah Firmino Mane

Good line up for what will be a tough tough game, let's make sure our communication and the players directing and helping each other in their positioning and press and counter press is at it's very highest levels, back to the 18-19 levels of communication from all the players. That our press, counter press and winning of second balls and recycling of the ball is as good as it can possible be. Be clinical with our opportunities to create chances and in finishing them. Really hope Jones is getting a start at LCM, he plays far better there, came through the academy playing there and LFWD.

Come on come on come ON Liverpool, come the fucking FUCK on Liverpool, get the win here today and another vital 3 points

Steveo
31st October 2020, 05:41 PM
Big ask for Phillips at the back and for Jones too - Come on the reds let’s start scoring goals.

Kev0909
31st October 2020, 05:43 PM
Wow we've got no midfielders left either, phillips has had to start, no other choice

Oh there's still milner

RedNoodle
31st October 2020, 05:43 PM
I hope Henderson is on the right side of our midfield. If not, and Wijnaldum has one of his 'AWOL' games, the right hand side of our defence could end up causing us big problems.

faridtoxteth
31st October 2020, 05:52 PM
What's the bench? Thiago?

Kev0909
31st October 2020, 05:52 PM
What's the bench? Thiago?

J Milner
Adrián
T Minamino
D Jota
X Shaqiri
R Williams
N Williams

Only midfielder left is Milner, fantastico.

Joetan991
31st October 2020, 05:53 PM
I said so we will miss Lovren

Nineteenx
31st October 2020, 05:57 PM
I hope Henderson is on the right side of our midfield. If not, and Wijnaldum has one of his 'AWOL' games, the right hand side of our defence could end up causing us big problems.

I hope Hendo is in the centre, unless Thiago is also playing in any midfield line up, it's Henderson in the centre every time for me, where he can influence the rest of the team more, make sure everyone is on it and in the right positions in the press and counter press and to win second balls and in a position in which he can use the full range and repetoir of his switches

southernboy
31st October 2020, 06:00 PM
West Ham must be licking their lips looking at that defence/midfield. Let’s hope our front 3 click today.

Kev0909
31st October 2020, 06:04 PM
West Ham must be licking their lips looking at that defence/midfield. Let’s hope our front 3 click today.

Why we've got henderson who is basically x3 the players so we've got 6 in midfield just ask 19x

Good job we do have him there mind :very_drunk::very_drunk:

antonio is a big loss for them i think we'll be finnnne

no injury's please we can't take anymore

jr81
31st October 2020, 06:08 PM

That's our normal starting team from last season bar 2 players. Do we drop off that much in quality without them?
It would make you think we are a 1 man team and with out VVD we don't have a chance.
I'm not having a go at the post as when I saw that team I thought, wow, we are in trouble.
But it's still 9 out of 11 of our normal starting team. Are we still lacking strength in depth?

Kev0909
31st October 2020, 06:10 PM
That's our normal starting team from last season bar 2 players. Do we drop off that much in quality without them?
It would make you think we are a 1 man team and with out VVD we don't have a chance.
I'm not having a go at the post as when I saw that team I thought, wow, we are in trouble.
But it's still 9 out of 11 of our normal starting team. Are we still lacking strength in depth?

no and we're not lacking in strength of broken players

southernboy
31st October 2020, 06:11 PM

You’re obviously correct mate, I think my pessimism is partly due to the fact that we haven’t really played well for quite some time.

Also, the two changes, are very inexperienced players at this level.

vin
31st October 2020, 06:13 PM

It's not just VVD thats injured. Matip and Fab too. We sold Lovren.

jr81
31st October 2020, 06:14 PM
You’re obviously correct mate, I think my pessimism is partly due to the fact that we haven’t really played well for quite some time.

Also, the two changes, are very inexperienced players at this level.
Ya that's my feeling as well. Its 2 young inexperienced players and 1 in the most important position. But it's still 9 regulars who went on that run last year. Maybe we should have more faith?
But your right regarding recent form. We haven't been playing great.

jr81
31st October 2020, 06:15 PM
It's not just VVD thats injured. Matip and Fab too. We sold Lovren.

I get that, but it's still 9 from 11 playing. So is Phillips a lot worse than matip?

Steveo
31st October 2020, 06:15 PM
It’s just 2 players shy of a first 11 from last season. Regardless of other players who aren’t fit - when is Matip, the Ox or Keita fit anyway... ?All begs the question - where has the recruitment been.? Have we been totally reliant on the same crop of players..?? Remember we have been binning off domestic cups for 3 years too..

If so - then somebody needs to tell us WTF has been going on. Have the owners been spending all their efforts on the big new deal BS and the Euro Super league FFS.. this is starting to look like total negligence. .

southernboy
31st October 2020, 06:22 PM
Keita needs binning in January and replaced with a midfielder that’s not made of polystyrene. Even when fit he’s only shown glimpses of what we paid for.

Kev0909
31st October 2020, 06:23 PM
Keita needs binning in January and replaced with a midfielder that’s not made of polystyrene. Even when fit he’s only shown glimpses of what we paid for.

He's not alone though

jr81
31st October 2020, 06:26 PM
He's not alone though

You are right there, ox, matip and keita. 3.high earners and very rarely available.