PDA

View Full Version : Virgil has successfully surgery

Nineteenx
30th October 2020, 05:37 PM
Virgil had his surgery today and it is said to have been successful. He will now begin his rehab with the medical team. As ever I wish Virgil all the best and the best possible recovery doing all the right things, however long it takes for him to come back even better than ever

I think it's right not to put a timeframe on his recovery, Virgil and the medical staff will obviously work hard and do all the right things to ensure the best possible result, however long that takes

teesred
30th October 2020, 07:58 PM
Good news. Injury prognosis is always worst case scenario but I'd rather hes 100 percent than ge rushed back just to play this season.

Nineteenx
6th December 2020, 11:08 PM
Great to see Big Virg already in rehab on the road to recovery, no rush big man, take your time, do everything that needs to be done when it needs to be done to make sure you live up to your 6m dollar man promise of coming back even stronger

Great to see him at Anfield tonight watching on, up to the 2k fans in Anfield at the next game to give the big man a rousing rendition of the Van Dijk song

Insidious
6th December 2020, 11:15 PM
No rush indeed. Don't want to turn him into one of those players who is only fit for 5-10 games a season in all comps.

I'd love it if he was available for the last few matches of a League title winning campaign or the semi-final/final of a successful Champion's League win. That would be massive. But the main thing is that he recovers to the fullest possible capacity.

Joetan991
8th December 2020, 12:50 AM
Might see him back in 1-2 months Gomez might be out for whole season

CCTV
8th December 2020, 01:25 AM
Might see him back in 1-2 months Gomez might be out for whole season

Did you read this somewhere ? would be a herculean recovery if Virgil is back in 1-2 months

miller0863
8th December 2020, 09:11 AM
Think Joe’s been smoking again..

justincredible
8th December 2020, 09:18 AM
Think Joe’s been smoking again..

Ya ba..... serious tack!

justme
8th December 2020, 09:20 AM
What? hes on the plane to Denmark. starting in the 11 tomorrow evening

Kev0909
8th December 2020, 10:17 AM
VVD-WHO?

Conceded more with him, he's shit get rid!

Fabinho is the new VVD

No worries

Also sell allison in jan to make some money for Haaland, the irish lad is basically a better version init

Don't even need gomez anymore, Phillips to the rescue

Balinkay
8th December 2020, 10:32 AM
Jokes aside - Alisson's injury record is starting to look bad.

Kev0909
8th December 2020, 11:02 AM
Jokes aside - Alisson's injury record is starting to look bad.

Indeed it suits us though

Must be the most injury prone goalkeeper atm

Fits right in

miller0863
8th December 2020, 05:06 PM
Just lolled sitting on me own in Costa justme

Nineteenx
9th December 2020, 12:53 AM
VVD-WHO?

Conceded more with him, he's shit get rid!

Fabinho is the new VVD

No worries

Also sell allison in jan to make some money for Haaland, the irish lad is basically a better version init

Don't even need gomez anymore, Phillips to the rescue

Phillips is better at actual defending than Gomez, sad but true

Balinkay
9th December 2020, 10:26 AM
The disrespect shown to Joey G on here sometimes is unbelievable...

Joetan991
10th December 2020, 04:11 AM
Did you read this somewhere ? would be a herculean recovery if Virgil is back in 1-2 months

I feel his injury is not as bad as we thought. He was still able to work out of the field after the knock not like Ox, need to carry out.

I believe he will be back in 1-2 months. February maybe.

justincredible
10th December 2020, 07:48 AM
The disrespect shown to Joey G on here sometimes is unbelievable...

Only by people who have banged their heads against concrete pillars.
Joe Gómez is a damn fine CD. People are forgetting that he's still only 23 and still has a lot to learn.
Hopefully he comes back fit and raring to go before the end of the season.

CCTV
11th December 2020, 01:34 AM
I feel his injury is not as bad as we thought. He was still able to work out of the field after the knock not like Ox, need to carry out.

I believe he will be back in 1-2 months. February maybe.

Would be great :)

A fellow fambo over here told me that he'd heard something similar.

Joetan991
23rd December 2020, 03:31 AM
Virgil van Dijk this week kicking a ball as he continues his rehabilitation from a serious knee complaint was a further indication of how the Reds may now be stepping away from the injury abyss.

vin
23rd December 2020, 10:57 AM
Phillips is better at actual defending than Gomez, sad but true

No, he's not. Gomez takes awhile to find his rhythm and form.

sydenham red
23rd December 2020, 11:10 AM
Virgil van Dijk this week kicking a ball as he continues his rehabilitation from a serious knee complaint was a further indication of how the Reds may now be stepping away from the injury abyss.

Yes i believe he's been in Dubai for a week, the warm weather bound to be better to continue rehab in. Or maybe to get him away from Covid

Nineteenx
24th February 2021, 08:46 PM
Great to see Virgil's recovery progressing, outdoor training today, with the ball.

Don't rush it big man, as long as it takes, but seeing him back on a training pitch with a ball has certainly given me a huge lift, again, please don't rush anything, but if he does complete the best possible recovery and we see him again this season, it would be absolutely brilliant

scientificred
24th February 2021, 08:56 PM
Great news!

southernboy
20th October 2021, 11:20 AM
Hard to know where to post things without starting a new thread at the moment. VvD was a bit ropey last night. A bit of an insight from the man himself from yesterday’s press conference;

Van Dijk on ACL injury anniversary: "One year ago, but I am just happy where I am today at the highest level again, playing with joy, working hard and so far we've had results. A lot to improve, personally. But I can only take it day by day. I'm not a robot. I've come back."

"Eyes are more even more than before but I am not thinking about that. I am the biggest critic of myself. I know what I can do better. I just see it as improving as much as I can. I am very confident in how I see things."

“Obviously I've had a long pre-season, off-season and I feel like I am gradually improving by the game and by training. We've been working together for a long time now. Last season was tough. We just try to get back to our best and go for it."

"There are a lot of eyes in my direction 'is he going to the be same?' I just do my best. I am improving. People know how hard it is to come back from this injury. ACL and a complex knee injury, a year ago today. I have work to do but I don't think about others."

"I want to play games, get better, feel confident in what I do. It's going the right way. There is always room to improve."

Steveo
20th October 2021, 11:38 AM
Love that bottom line - so true at any level

faridtoxteth
20th October 2021, 12:07 PM
He was not imperious last night, you could say he got done for one of the goals. On saturday (albeit against a different class of team) he was sensational.

miller0863
20th October 2021, 12:09 PM
Griezmann is absolutely mustard to be fair but yeah, totally fit Virgil possibly stops him getting a clear shot in for the second.

eggy81
20th October 2021, 12:16 PM
Looks like he has too much muscle on to me on the upper body. Still playing well all the same.

jozza800
20th October 2021, 12:53 PM
Looks like he has too much muscle on to me on the upper body. Still playing well all the same.

Agreed. He's not quite up to full speed yet and looks half a yard slower but he still makes a massive difference to this team. I'm 99% certain we dont win number 19 or 6 without him.

toshin
20th October 2021, 03:44 PM
He's lacking match practice and I feel, his touch or reactions are a little slower too. A few times his touch/indecision was a little.... Maguireish

Normally you'd have rested matip and let vvd cover for the downgrade Gomez would be. But I'm sure klopp sees vvd isn't fully back yet.
Hopefully by Xmas he will be fully fit.

Nineteenx
20th October 2021, 09:43 PM
Virgil will get back to his very best , just games, players bodies get so finely tuned over years of playing, a lengthy lay off like Virgil's just needs games and games and games for his body to get fully back to what is now natural for him at his peak levels