PDA

View Full Version : This Weekend’s Other Games 31/10/20

miller0863
31st October 2020, 02:28 PM
H/T Sheff Utd 0-1 City
Decent first half from City, bit of a soft opening goal from Walker, keeper should have reached it.
Sheff Utd not really competing just 2 efforts in the first half, nothing on target.

justme
31st October 2020, 02:33 PM
Their tactics are completely different from how they played us. They pressed us further up the pitch. They were sitting back and closing the ball down in their own for most of that half. It only works if your good at keeping the ball or the opponents are pish at it.
The last 15 minutes Sheffield United trying to be more positive and its worked more.
Brewster to me, is only good if you can get him around the goal. Hes not ever gonna be a player than can pick up the ball and run and make his own chances in that way

miller0863
31st October 2020, 02:49 PM
Sheff Utd have bee awful, a sixth save by the Sheff keeper while as we approach the hour at the other end there still hasn’t been a single effort on target.

justme
31st October 2020, 02:55 PM
Their record since the lockdown has been diabolical.

justme
31st October 2020, 03:24 PM
Somehow dont think Brewster will be coming back to us.. Terrible game from Sheffield United today

ianlfc
31st October 2020, 03:33 PM
Somehow dont think Brewster will be coming back to us.. Terrible game from Sheffield United today

From what I seen there he would be better with a strike partner in a 4-4-2. He's not strong enough to play up on his own.

stevie harkness
31st October 2020, 03:34 PM

You might be right but so far his two appearances for his new club have been against Liverpool and Man City. Too early to judge.

I wonder if Sheff Utd got relegated will they cash in and if so would we buy him back

justme
31st October 2020, 03:38 PM
You might be right but so far his two appearances for his new club have been against Liverpool and Man City. Too early to judge.

I wonder if Sheff Utd got relegated will they cash in and if so would we buy him back

I get that not been easy. Time will tell if hes good enough..Shame hes at Sheffield United

Steveo
31st October 2020, 03:44 PM
Not quite at the same level as this 20 year old...?

https://youtu.be/JHr2ge_Kh5Q

eggy81
31st October 2020, 03:51 PM
Look at all the space he constantly has. Acres to jun full pelt at square on defenders.

Steveo
31st October 2020, 04:13 PM
Look at all the space he constantly has. Acres to jun full pelt at square on defenders.

23 minute video and you post after 7 minutes....?

Watch and learn.. :D

eggy81
31st October 2020, 04:20 PM
I love Diego. Genius footballer. Just not something you see as much today is the point I'm making. Much moore full court press now as it were. I've watched 100s of hours of him.

Steveo
31st October 2020, 05:20 PM
Oh yes - I just mean - its a great video (I know some of it near the start is shite resolution and damaged film ) worth a full watch.

He would have been an absolute monster today - try and press Maradona ( haha ) - that was exactly what he wanted... Only way to play him was sit off and assault - sometime 2 or 3 players at a time. .. wouldn’t work today off course - most games for Napoli would have ended with about 3 opposition players.

Just incredible to think of a 20 year old doing that at international level.

Here’s another... Here we see his defensive qualities too.

https://youtu.be/s0GkpeoKpKI

Steveo
31st October 2020, 05:36 PM
On another note - Chelsea look like they are starting to score a lot of goals.

0:3 v Burnley

77 mins

Ziyech & Werner both score and Ziyech has an assist too

RedNoodle
31st October 2020, 06:01 PM
Mendy almost did the same to Ashley Barnes as P*ickford did to VVD. The only difference is that Barnes' leg/feet weren't planted and as a result he rode the 'challenge. It's too late for us, but the FA need to outlaw that 'feet first' challenge from keepers, or at least make it known that if they do it, and they don't get the ball, they'll be sent off and will give away a penalty.

eggy81
31st October 2020, 06:23 PM
Oh yes - I just mean - its a great video (I know some of it near the start is shite resolution and damaged film ) worth a full watch.

He would have been an absolute monster today - try and press Maradona ( haha ) - that was exactly what he wanted... Only way to play him was sit off and assault - sometime 2 or 3 players at a time. .. wouldn’t work today off course - most games for Napoli would have ended with about 3 opposition players.

Just incredible to think of a 20 year old doing that at international level.

Here’s another... Here we see his defensive qualities too.

https://youtu.be/s0GkpeoKpKI

Hes some specimen physically even at a young age. He had it all.

skyebo
31st October 2020, 09:05 PM
On another note - Chelsea look like they are starting to score a lot of goals.

0:3 v Burnley

77 mins

Ziyech & Werner both score and Ziyech has an assist too

I put it on another thread the other day. Chelsea have had 8 different scorers already this season. If that was Ziyech's first, that makes it 9. They also have more options upfront than us. Both Werner and Giroud on the bench.

Insidious
1st November 2020, 01:40 PM
Southampton 2-0 up against Villa.

I'm rather loving how congested and level things are getting just below us in the Table. Doesn't count for a whole lot as we aren't even 9/10 games into the season yet ("a quarter") but it does put a tiny touch of pressure onto slower starters.

ianlfc
1st November 2020, 01:47 PM
A lovely free kick from James ward price. Power and whip !!

ianlfc
1st November 2020, 01:48 PM
3-0

teesred
1st November 2020, 02:04 PM
I put it on another thread the other day. Chelsea have had 8 different scorers already this season. If that was Ziyech's first, that makes it 9. They also have more options upfront than us. Both Werner and Giroud on the bench.

They look like they're clicking a bit. Not having Kepa in goal seems to have steadied things at the back.

Kev0909
1st November 2020, 02:06 PM
They look like they're clicking a bit. Not having Kepa in goal seems to have steadied things at the back.

They're a lot better to watch than us at the moment that's for sure, but we're getting the results still that's what matters.

I think i'd rather have Salah mane and jota, only player i'd change for one of them would be Firmino well and of course origi

Steveo
1st November 2020, 02:20 PM
The Saints are 4 up at Villa Park

Edit.. now just the 3 up : Mings cancelling out Ings strike so now 1:4 on 65 mins

Faaaarking Minging

Kev0909
1st November 2020, 02:32 PM
The Saints are 4 up at Villa Park

Edit.. now just the 3 up : Mings cancelling out Ings strike so now 1:4 on 65 mins

Faaaarking Minging

Quite surprising, villa have been doing well but so have southampton lately.

already a big gap between the teams down right at the end of the table

Replace burnley/shef utd with wba and i think that'll be that, those are the teams in the relegation battle

Sadly for them, all the other teams have improved, likes of villa newcastle southampton etc maybe brighton will get dragged into it, but i think they'll have enough

fayyazms
1st November 2020, 02:50 PM
still not sure how 7-2 happened?

villa are terrible

Steveo
1st November 2020, 03:00 PM
Bloody hell - it was 4:1at 90 mins - I come back to check the score 10 mins later and it’s sodding 4:3

Kev0909
1st November 2020, 03:06 PM
Bit to late in the day and ings has a knee injury never good, that could be southamptons season over.

Balinkay
1st November 2020, 03:26 PM
Such a decent player Ings. Really annoyed it didn't work for him here.

Steveo
1st November 2020, 04:00 PM
It’s a belter up at Newcastle - 0:0 at HT but be fair - 1 shot on target each... that’s 2 whole shots to savour from the 20 outfield players in just the 45 mins... FFS.. What a shit show... Howay the lads....

Kev0909
1st November 2020, 04:19 PM
Such a decent player Ings. Really annoyed it didn't work for him here.

Better than origi that's for sure- but once again- everything happens for a reason origi had his special games for us, as you know.

southernboy
1st November 2020, 04:54 PM
Normal service slowly being resumed.

Kev0909
1st November 2020, 04:58 PM
Congratulations to everton, biggest achievement they've had in years, top of the league for a few weeks.

Credit where it's due.

RedNoodle
1st November 2020, 05:15 PM
When are they having a parade, and when are they releasing the DVD?

Insidious
1st November 2020, 05:17 PM
Loving the congestion below us.

teesred
1st November 2020, 05:33 PM
Congratulations to everton, biggest achievement they've had in years, top of the league for a few weeks.

Credit where it's due.

Haha yeah, shit.the.bed.
Back in your box bitters.

miller0863
1st November 2020, 05:33 PM
So now it’s Utd v Arse, two teams who have scored the same number of goals combined as Liverpool have so far this season

Steveo
1st November 2020, 05:51 PM
Arsenal have had United boxed in since KO. Nearly 20 minutes gone

ianlfc
1st November 2020, 06:06 PM
Both these teams are fucking brutal.

Steveo
1st November 2020, 06:10 PM
Both these teams are fucking brutal.

Arsenal have been superb up to the six yard box. What would you have called us first 45 yesterday.? :D

William grazes the bar- keeper beaten

teesred
1st November 2020, 06:14 PM
You just know Arse are getting sucker punched here. It's such a common theme in this fixture, Arse dominate and Utd catch them on the break.

Steveo
1st November 2020, 06:16 PM
You just know Arse are getting sucker punched here. It's such a common theme in this fixture, Arse dominate and Utd catch them on the break.

Oh yes - would be the way of things alright .

Saka ( who is excellent ) has to score point blank free header.

How do they not score

teesred
1st November 2020, 06:24 PM
Yes hes a good player Saka. They should have scored, Utd wont be that bad second half. Party is a quality player. Money well spent.

justme
1st November 2020, 06:25 PM
Fernandes to score a penalty and then the whole world go. Ohhhhh Bruno Fernandes.. does fuck all for 90 minutes but thats forgotten.

ianlfc
1st November 2020, 06:53 PM
Arsenal have been superb up to the six yard box. What would you have called us first 45 yesterday.? :D

William grazes the bar- keeper beaten

I hope we get half the time and space this Arsenal team have been given.

ianlfc
1st November 2020, 06:55 PM
And did Gary Neville really compare Paul Pogbz to Steven Gerrard, Jesus wept.

miller0863
1st November 2020, 06:58 PM
Now while that was a definite penalty, there was no more contact than was made on Salah yesterday but not a squeak about a dive.
Funny that.

miller0863
Utd 0-1 Arse

ianlfc
Pogba right on queue 👌

Steveo
1st November 2020, 06:59 PM
I hope we get half the time and space this Arsenal team have been given.

Depends how good we are in the midfield. Play like yesterday first 45 and we wont get a kick never mind any space.

ianlfc
1st November 2020, 07:00 PM
Depends how good we are in the midfield. Play like yesterday first 45 and we wont get a kick never mind any space.

Just as well we play for 90 minutes + then 😄😄

3underpar
1st November 2020, 07:01 PM
Auba never seems to miss a pen. Glad he didn’t miss that one lol

Steveo
1st November 2020, 07:06 PM
Cavani does make them so much more of a threat - come on the Arse.

Kev0909
1st November 2020, 07:11 PM
Cavani does make them so much more of a threat - come on the Arse.

I thought ole found the forumla stevo?

Weird team

Steveo
1st November 2020, 07:15 PM
I thought ole found the forumla stevo?

Weird team

More of a question than a statement to be fair.. but after the 9 goals in 2 games v Newcastle and Leipzig it did look like Ole was on the cusp of 13 league titles :D

You just never know in this game

miller0863
1st November 2020, 07:17 PM
“- come on the Arse“

Did you Steveo? Thanks for sharing

teesred
1st November 2020, 07:17 PM
And did Gary Neville really compare Paul Pogbz to Steven Gerrard, Jesus wept.

I love the whole "world waiting for bated breath" for Pogba to turn into the player hes been touted for years. Neville is the main culprit for it.
It ain't gonna happen. That's it with him, he wont get any better than he is now.

Steveo
1st November 2020, 07:18 PM
“- come on the Arse“

Haha... it was an honest comment - but on reflection - it is pure filth..

Balinkay
1st November 2020, 07:19 PM
“- come on the Arse“

Very nice!

Steveo
1st November 2020, 07:20 PM
Very nice!

You all got the jizzt though right. ...?

:D :D

3underpar
1st November 2020, 07:25 PM
7 points from 6 games lolololol

Steveo
1st November 2020, 07:26 PM
Would be a fantastic day all told if the Seagulls could take some points...

miller0863
1st November 2020, 07:26 PM
Well she did... obvs

Another awful Utd performance at old Trafford with £90m man and legend in his own lunchtime Paul “wants to play for Real” Pogba producing yet another limp shit show, giving away another penalty.

Ole continues his excellent work and to be fair, they’re only 9 points behind us after 6/7 games.

southernboy
1st November 2020, 07:28 PM
Another good weekend

miller0863
1st November 2020, 07:37 PM
Everton v Man Utd next weekend, goood .. Utd need a point there, we don’t want Ole to start coming under pressure.

skyebo
1st November 2020, 07:41 PM
Everton v Man Utd next weekend, goood .. Utd need a point there, we don’t want Ole to start coming under pressure.

He's already under pressure. He'll be gone if he doesn't climb the league...and fast.

ianlfc
1st November 2020, 07:43 PM
Another good weekend

a bloody brillant weekend for us.

Steveo
1st November 2020, 07:44 PM
Roy Keane just let his guard down. He went there....said “sometimes you need to just Smash somebody”

Oh dear

Harry ‘mr personality’ Maguire is now on talking to the camera.

Insidious
1st November 2020, 07:53 PM

I think he goes if they lose that.

International break and all that. I actually rather want United to win that one. The longer Ole is in that job, the further it delays them returning to being any sort of serious threat.

The longer he can do JUST enough to keep his job, but not enough for us to be remotely concerned with them, the better, as they'll likely never be relegated, which is the ultimate desired outcome.

skyebo
1st November 2020, 08:08 PM
I think he goes if they lose that.

International break and all that. I actually rather want United to win that one. The longer Ole is in that job, the further it delays them returning to being any sort of serious threat.

The longer he can do JUST enough to keep his job, but not enough for us to be remotely concerned with them, the better, as they'll likely never be relegated, which is the ultimate desired outcome.

They're already 9 points off the top, that's alot when you consider how high the bar's being raised by ourselves and City over the last couple of years.

miller0863
1st November 2020, 08:10 PM
Roy Keane is comedy gold, real value on Sky. Says what he thinks and won’t have the other pundits talking shite to back up shite play and players

Balinkay
1st November 2020, 08:18 PM
You all got the jizzt though right. ...?

:D :D

It takes a lot of spunk to arrive at such shots, Steveo. :D

fiordearg
1st November 2020, 08:21 PM
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/would-you-sack-or-keep-ole-poll-reopened.450911/page-766
This is where they are at 😂

Balinkay
1st November 2020, 08:36 PM
Roy Keane just let his guard down. He went there....said “sometimes you need to just Smash somebody”

And then people wonder why I consider him a pretty decent footballer but an overall laughably overrated thug.

Crimson Dynasty
1st November 2020, 08:45 PM
Another great weekend and fantastic set of results for us.
I don't think it can be stated just how much.

It wouldn't be lying to state we're not playing at our best level right now but are still grinding out the results, and on top of the actual injury crisis we're facing, Klopp and the lads are finding a way to fight through it and stepping up.

Still, it helps every little bit when our rivals and other teams they're playing chip in to help - like they've done this weekend.

I still consider City to be our biggest threat despite what the table says and even their own fans will tell you they're not playing at their best right now. So in the potential possibility that they'll find a purple patch and get healthy and start playing great again, it's important for us to build up a lead and get the results now when we can and hopefully we also make our own run as we start getting players healthy again ourselves and things start clicking.

The big match will be when we meet them before the International break.
That will really lay down the marker for either team.

Steveo
1st November 2020, 08:50 PM
And then people wonder why I consider him a pretty decent footballer but an overall laughably overrated thug.

Oh no doubt he was an excellent player - BUT an absolute cunt of man. A nastier more thuggish prick you will struggle to find - in the words of Alan. partridge... “ A real git of a guy”.

Personally, despite all this - I can’t help but like watching him - the seething boiling angst behind the eyes is so entertainment worthy.

But we are talking about the kind of geezer who can flip at any moment - lose it totally and then anyone who happens to be in the wrong place - could pay the price.

Insidious
1st November 2020, 09:00 PM
The big match will be when we meet them before the International break.
That will really lay down the marker for either team.

It's a weirder one than normal this time around.

City aren't having big-scoring wins, we're top scorers (with a terrible goal difference due to the Villa game) at present, neither side at their best.

A win for us could be a psychological hammerblow to a City side that, for whatever reason/s are just emanating a vibe of "not-that-bothered" this time around. Perhaps if they were to beat us they would wake up, so let's hope they don't as they're always capable of going on a run.

Feels more must-not-lose than must-win for me. The win would be wonderful mind.

Crimson Dynasty
1st November 2020, 09:17 PM
It's a weirder one than normal this time around.

City aren't having big-scoring wins, we're top scorers (with a terrible goal difference due to the Villa game) at present, neither side at their best.

A win for us could be a psychological hammerblow to a City side that, for whatever reason/s are just emanating a vibe of "not-that-bothered" this time around. Perhaps if they were to beat us they would wake up, so let's hope they don't as they're always capable of going on a run.

Feels more must-not-lose than must-win for me. The win would be wonderful mind.

I chalk it all up to the effects of the pandemic lockdown, restart, shortened off-season and quick turnaround to start the new season again.
It all seems to have just boffed up a lot of teams regular rhythm to start seasons - not just in England but in other leagues in Europe as well.

Yes, the City game will be a great one to win, if we can do it - though I don't feel a loss or failure to win will be as damaging. I feel a combination of our early loss to Villa and yet still sitting at the top of the table, as well as having lost to City the last couple of seasons and still beating them handily to the title or running them hard the season before, have fomented in our team a sense that we can still claw it back and let the loss brush off much more easily. Last season we had the double pressure of trying to win the title for the first time in 30 years and not wanting a slip-up given how close we were the season before, along with the possibility that we could have gone unbeaten the entire season. This season, that pressure is off early already - on both ends. So now we can just concentrate on getting points and doing what needs done to get the title.

I feel a loss for City in that game will be far more damaging to them because we've got into their heads (and especially into Pep's) in a way that no other team ever has before. You could tell from how ecstatic they were when they thrashed us at the Etihad after the restart last season - as if THEY were the ones that had just won the title.
It'll be harder for them to get over that mental hump than it would be for us if we lost, I feel.

All the more reason to win it.
And it will really help if we can get the likes of Thiago, the Ox, and Matip healthy again - and in addition to Shaq, keep them injury free for a spell long enough to see what this team can really do, because I feel there's really something special here.
We saw a flash of it in that second goal we scored yesterday.
Can you imagine a line-up that has the guile and trickery and passing mastery of Thiago and Shaq in the middle, with a frontline adding Jota's goal-scoring.
And then at the back it also seems like we might have struck a possibly solution to Virgil's absence if we can get some stability from a Nat Phillips-Rhys Williams combination and hopefully Matip to get back healthy.

It could be special.

ianlfc
1st November 2020, 09:35 PM
How the hell was that goal for Brighton give? 😃😃😃

ianlfc
1st November 2020, 09:36 PM
1-1.

RedNoodle
1st November 2020, 09:37 PM

That's exactly what I've said about him for a long time.

He was more of a 'thug' than a 'footballer'.

RedNoodle
1st November 2020, 09:39 PM
How the hell was that goal for Brighton give? ������

Because referees, VAR, and the FA are all useless/seriously flawed, never mind at least two of those possibly having their own agendas and favourites.

Balinkay
1st November 2020, 09:43 PM
Because of the Lallana foul you mean? I guess it's because they "had time to reset" their defence.

Nineteenx
1st November 2020, 09:51 PM
A lovely set of results this weekend :) what was it i said in the match thread after VAR tried to rob us again? Soething like 'Fuck VAR, let's win this again, go top and never relinquish that position' now we're perfectly set to do that, a fine run of numerous back to back victories, starting with our next 2 before the international break would be a fantastic start

Crimson Dynasty
1st November 2020, 09:52 PM
Bale puts the Spurs ahead again with a header in a game they don't deserve to be leading.

Typical bog standard Maureen fare.

skyebo
1st November 2020, 09:56 PM
Because referees, VAR, and the FA are all useless/seriously flawed, never mind at least two of those possibly having their own agendas and favourites.

It proves not all the big clubs get the big decisions.

skyebo
1st November 2020, 09:57 PM
Bale puts the Spurs ahead again with a header in a game they don't deserve to be leading.

Typical bog standard Maureen fare.

Takes them up to 2nd if they hang on.

RedNoodle
1st November 2020, 09:58 PM
It proves not all the big clubs get the big decisions.

Big club? Is there another game on that I forgot about?

skyebo
1st November 2020, 10:01 PM
Big club? Is there another game on that I forgot about?

They're a lot bigger than Brighton lol

Crimson Dynasty
1st November 2020, 10:05 PM
This is the most Maureen-ey game to ever Mourinho all the the Mourinhos in all of Maureenville.

Get on top with a one goal lead, and the sit back and defend for dear life with negative football - despite having three of the most explosive attacking players in the league, and despite being at home.

skyebo
1st November 2020, 10:16 PM
This is the most Maureen-ey game to ever Mourinho all the the Mourinhos in all of Maureenville.

Get on top with a one goal lead, and the sit back and defend for dear life with negative football - despite having three of the most explosive attacking players in the league, and despite being at home.

I wouldn't cross the road to watch any of his teams.

RedNoodle
1st November 2020, 10:20 PM
I'm just listening to 606, and I'm sure that this silly Man City supporting bint (Jackie) who is a regular caller to TalkS**t just called up 606 under a different name claiming that she's a Spurs fan, and she said that Spurs can't win the league and that she doesn't think us, Man U or Arsenal can win the league either. When asked by Nobby Savage who can, she replied "Man City".

My word there are some sad ****ers in the world! :eek: + :o

Crimson Dynasty
1st November 2020, 10:23 PM
I wouldn't cross the road to watch any of his teams.

A lot of their deluded fans are now talking 'title challenge', despite struggling at home to barely beat a relegation fodder team with no actual strikers available, but which still dominated them for most of the game, - while also needing VAR and a dodgy penalty to do so.

RedNoodle
1st November 2020, 10:26 PM
A lot of their deluded fans are now talking 'title challenge', despite struggling at home to barely beat a relegation fodder team with no actual strikers available, but which still dominated them for most of the game, - while also needing VAR and a dodgy penalty to do so.

Nobby Savage thinks they can win the league, whilst Chris Sutton thinks Man City will win, with no mention of us.

skyebo
1st November 2020, 10:29 PM
Nobby Savage thinks they can win the league, whilst Chris Sutton thinks Man City will win, with no mention of us.

Time will tell on that one, but no-ones pulling away from the rest, including us.

Crimson Dynasty
1st November 2020, 10:31 PM

I'm okay with that.

As long as they're not talking about us and we just go about our business, it will be all the more sweeter when they suddenly find they're all playing catch-up when we've put a run of results right under all their noses.

Keep hyping up City, the Spuds, the Bitters, Villa.

Hell, let's even hype up the Scum, and give Ole a boost.
He's done such wonderful work for the Mancs since he's got back.
We don't want them firing him before his job is done.

RedNoodle
1st November 2020, 10:33 PM
Time will tell on that one, but no-ones pulling away from the rest, including us.

We should be four points ahead of the pack, but the officials made sure they wouldn't let that happen.

skyebo
1st November 2020, 10:35 PM
We should be four points ahead of the pack, but the officials made sure they wouldn't let that happen.

I'm not getting into that one, i've said enough on the subject.

scientificred
1st November 2020, 10:37 PM
A perfect set of results this weekend!

RedNoodle
1st November 2020, 10:41 PM
A perfect set of results this weekend!

Eh? Man City, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal all won.

Balinkay
1st November 2020, 10:49 PM

Good. That's how I like it.

Let the media cream over $ity while we get on with business.

Kev0909
2nd November 2020, 02:05 PM
Gerrard is probably a better manager than Ole.

RedNoodle
2nd November 2020, 02:14 PM
A Man U fan (assuming he wasn't a good actor) was on the radio yesterday saying that they should get Gerrard to manage the club.

justme
2nd November 2020, 02:22 PM
They should stick with Ole for the comedy aspect! bloody barbarians

ianlfc
2nd November 2020, 02:28 PM
Gerrard is probably a better manager than Ole.

You're probably a better manager than Ole 😂😂

Kev0909
2nd November 2020, 02:32 PM
You're probably a better manager than Ole ����

I dunno didn't you know he's going to win the champions league?

Insidious
2nd November 2020, 02:35 PM
I dunno didn't you know he's going to win the champions league?

Oddly enough their whole set-up makes them more likely of winning that than getting top two in the League.

They will manage neither.

Balinkay
2nd November 2020, 02:46 PM
I mean Stevie's had a great start to the season up north. Maybe there's a manager in there yet.

Kev0909
2nd November 2020, 03:12 PM
I mean Stevie's had a great start to the season up north. Maybe there's a manager in there yet.

I wouldn't want him here incase it went wrong

Steveo
2nd November 2020, 03:19 PM
I wouldn't want him here incase it went wrong

Yep I know the feeling. Don't want anything tarnishing his fantastic legacy.

skyebo
2nd November 2020, 03:31 PM
Gerrard is in a good position to take over Celtic's domination. He had the bottle to go there when they were streets behind them, and has improved them. Rodgers on the other hand took over a Celtic team which had no serious competition. When they got serious opponents, like in Europe, he failed miserably, like he did with us.

Kev0909
2nd November 2020, 04:25 PM
Another note, it's not worth it's own thread

But just seen that we've conceded the most, still the top of the league bitches

2020 all over :D

stevie harkness
2nd November 2020, 07:32 PM
Fulham beating West Brom 2-0 half time

Steveo
2nd November 2020, 09:04 PM
The game just started - it is absolutely slamming down with rain - Leeds almost score then Leicester break instantly - lovely run and assist by Vardy for Barnes 0:1

Steveo
2nd November 2020, 09:23 PM
Such superb forward play again from Leicester with Vardy looking unplayable. This time Vardy’s work creates the goal for Teilemans 0:2

fagin
2nd November 2020, 09:25 PM
Such superb forward play again from Leicester with Vardy looking unplayable. This time Vardy’s work creates the goal for Teilemans 0:2

Very fast paced game for sure

Steveo
2nd November 2020, 09:30 PM
Looks like there could be goals galore here.. Probably the kiss of death saying that but the Foxes are finding so much space

skyebo
2nd November 2020, 09:39 PM
Is the Leeds keeper getting subbed at half time ? He must have school in the morning, he only looks about 12.

skyebo
2nd November 2020, 09:47 PM
Bali. You should have stuck to your original prediction, Leeds aren't getting anything out of this game.

miller0863
2nd November 2020, 09:51 PM
Leicester really played well in that first half. Problem for them is that Brendan’s teams always struggle for consistency and their squad depth is poor.

miller0863
2nd November 2020, 09:58 PM
Carra analysing the game on Sky. Can’t listen to him at the moment with his ridiculous backing of first Pickford over the Van Dyke incident and the Martin (anyone but Liverpool) Tyler, the worst commentator to ever get on tv.

Steveo
2nd November 2020, 10:01 PM
Carra analysing the game on Sky. Can’t listen to him at the moment with his ridiculous backing of first Pickford over the Van Dyke incident and the Martin (anyone but Liverpool) Tyler, the worst commentator to ever get on tv.

Carra looks out for Carra - always did. At least that is my opinion.

My old fella absolutely loves the guy - and I simply do not know why.

skyebo
2nd November 2020, 10:07 PM
Carra looks out for Carra - always did. At least that is my opinion.

My old fella absolutely loves the guy - and I simply do not know why.

He should come on here.

justme
I don't take any pundit serious..They just pointless shit.

Nineteenx
Yeeeaaaaah get in there Leicester 2-1 Leeds, a draw here will do very nicely, they need another now

Steveo
2nd November 2020, 10:09 PM
OMG Kasper beaten by a cross - bounces in.. poor goal keeping

Steveo
2nd November 2020, 10:10 PM
He should come on here.
The inter web... no chance... :D

skyebo
2nd November 2020, 10:10 PM
The inter web... no chance... :D

Oh right lol

justme
2nd November 2020, 10:12 PM
Its the same in cricket.. the likes of Atherton telling players they have issues outside off stump and thats the only way he got out himself..
Reminds me of Carragher in the champions league final Milans 3rd goal where he tried to intercept the ball and he was nowhere near it.
I;m all for people having an opinion. But a lot of pundits go over the top and they were shitter than the people they complain about. So tone it down a bit.

skyebo
2nd November 2020, 10:18 PM
Its the same in cricket.. the likes of Atherton telling players they have issues outside off stump and thats the only way he got out himself..
Reminds me of Carragher in the champions league final Milans 3rd goal where he tried to intercept the ball and he was nowhere near it.
I;m all for people having an opinion. But a lot of pundits go over the top and they were shitter than the people they complain about. So tone it down a bit.

Considering most pundits have played the game at the highest level, you'd think they'd be more knowledgeable than how they come across.

Nineteenx
2nd November 2020, 10:21 PM

Carragher was badly at fault for both Crespo's goals in that Champions League final

Nineteenx
2nd November 2020, 10:31 PM
Come on Leeds, equalise you bastards

Nineteenx
2nd November 2020, 10:35 PM
3-1 Leicester verrrrrry shit, because I really dislike Brenda

stevie harkness
2nd November 2020, 10:40 PM
Leicester look like repeating last season's feat of being in the mix up to Christmas

Nineteenx
2nd November 2020, 10:40 PM
No Kalvin Phillips for Leeds though

Nineteenx
2nd November 2020, 10:41 PM
Leicester look like repeating last season's feat of being in the mix up to Christmas

Well, Rodgers in known for his sides tailing off dramatically in the second half of seasons after all, how on earth they managed to miss out on Champions League football from the position they were in only he knows

Nineteenx
2nd November 2020, 10:48 PM
VAR review, it's a penalty for me

Nineteenx
2nd November 2020, 10:49 PM
And it's given and is the right decision

Nineteenx
2nd November 2020, 10:50 PM
4-1 game well and truly over, although it was already

Crimson Dynasty
2nd November 2020, 10:59 PM
Leicester looking good.
But then again it was a similar situation last year when everyone was saying that it was just about only them or City who could possibly stop our then momentum - especially as we were approaching the Christmas schedule. Also especially after we had 'barely' managed to scrape win against them at Anfield with a late (literally last minute) Milner penalty in a game that they, along with many in the media thought they should have won or at least got a point from....

And then we met them at their barn on Boxing day.
On our return from winning the Club World championship.
And that's all she wrote.

Not necessarily saying the same will happen this year, mind.

Just that early season results are often reflective of nothing but form.
Class is what shows later on.

CCTV
2nd November 2020, 11:05 PM
He should come on here.

Gary ain't got the cash!!

skyebo
2nd November 2020, 11:22 PM
Leicester looking good.
But then again it was a similar situation last year when everyone was saying that it was just about only them or City who could possibly stop our then momentum - especially as we were approaching the Christmas schedule. Also especially after we had 'barely' managed to scrape win against them at Anfield with a late (literally last minute) Milner penalty in a game that they, along with many in the media thought they should have won or at least got a point from....

And then we met them at their barn on Boxing day.
On our return from winning the Club World championship.
And that's all she wrote.

Not necessarily saying the same will happen this year, mind.

Just that early season results are often reflective of nothing but form.
Class is what shows later on.

That boxing day performance was the best i have seen in a while. Keita had probably his best game for us that day.

Kev0909
2nd November 2020, 11:44 PM
I think partey is a really good signing for arsenal, about time they got one right, they need a lot more but still i'd have him in our midfield

Insidious
2nd November 2020, 11:44 PM
3-1 Leicester verrrrrry shit, because I really dislike Brenda

The longer Leicester are in the Top Four (this season) the more negative thoughts creep into the heads of sides we maybe don't want to do well for various long-term strategic reasons - the likes of Chelsea, United, Spurs for example.

If Leicester squeak Fourth and Brendan gets the City job there will be some hilarious online discussion for a looooong period of time.

Insidious
2nd November 2020, 11:49 PM
That boxing day performance was the best i have seen in a while. Keita had probably his best game for us that day.

The 4-0? We were phenomenal. We have had far more "exciting" performances over the years, but that was the cold-hearted, machine-like dominance we have seen from the likes of Bayern Munich or AC Milan in the past against lesser sides, where things felt inevitable and you get value from every "piece on the Board" - was like a Karpov chess win in some ways, though some saw him as boring.

It's the type of performance I would love to see more of - I appreciate we can't expect to reach the 10/10 level of that style of performance week-in, week-out but the likes of those 2-0 victories where it dawns on you in the 75th or 80th minute that your own Goalkeeper has had absolutely nothing to do is really satisfying and demoralises an opponent.

skyebo
3rd November 2020, 12:35 AM
The 4-0? We were phenomenal. We have had far more "exciting" performances over the years, but that was the cold-hearted, machine-like dominance we have seen from the likes of Bayern Munich or AC Milan in the past against lesser sides, where things felt inevitable and you get value from every "piece on the Board" - was like a Karpov chess win in some ways, though some saw him as boring.

It's the type of performance I would love to see more of - I appreciate we can't expect to reach the 10/10 level of that style of performance week-in, week-out but the likes of those 2-0 victories where it dawns on you in the 75th or 80th minute that your own Goalkeeper has had absolutely nothing to do is really satisfying and demoralises an opponent.

Yes Sid.

Kev0909
3rd November 2020, 06:31 PM
Mistake 101

Why is ole even bothering replying / talking about Roy keane in the media?

Crimson Dynasty
3rd November 2020, 06:59 PM
Mistake 101

Why is ole even bothering replying / talking about Roy keane in the media?

Same reason that Klopp did.
Same reason that Klopp did against Carra just a little over a week ago.

Managers are always going to feel like they have to defend their players/system, however right or wrong it may be or however we fans feels they should or shouldn't - especially when the critics are former players.

When Klopp angrily responded to Keane (rightly) making the observation and suggestion that we were sloppy in some areas, we then go out the next weekend and get hammered 7-2.

Criticism from other team's former players (especially the Scum or the Bitters) is one thing, but I personally wish our own former players wouldn't be mouthing off so much (looking at Carra, Nicol, Owen...et al).
Can you imagine how it must feel to be Klopp and hearing some of the shite they come up with week in, week out?

Crimson Dynasty
3rd November 2020, 07:06 PM

I think the really great thing about that performance/result was WHEN it happened.

We were in the middle of a really congested schedule, had just returned from winning the Club Wolrd Cup Championship (despite several injuries/illnesses along the way which saw us play Hendo in the CB position after running out of options and flying in some of the youngsters as reinforcement), we had just been forced to sacrifice the Carabao cup (and sadly, the youngsters), Leicester were riding a fine vein of form and results that had the press wanking themselves over the prospect of a legit Leicester title challenge......

......and then we just came in and totally dismantled them like it was nothing and shart all over that noise in the press and the media.

It really was one of the highlights of our title run last season for me, alongside Mane's last minute header winner at Villa a few weeks prior - and the first time I felt for certain that City were not going to catch us.

skyebo
3rd November 2020, 07:40 PM
I think the really great thing about that performance/result was WHEN it happened.

We were in the middle of a really congested schedule, had just returned from winning the Club Wolrd Cup Championship (despite several injuries/illnesses along the way which saw us play Hendo in the CB position after running out of options and flying in some of the youngsters as reinforcement), we had just been forced to sacrifice the Carabao cup (and sadly, the youngsters), Leicester were riding a fine vein of form and results that had the press wanking themselves over the prospect of a legit Leicester title challenge......

......and then we just came in and totally dismantled them like it was nothing and shart all over that noise in the press and the media.

It really was one of the highlights of our title run last season for me, alongside Mane's last minute header winner at Villa a few weeks prior - and the first time I felt for certain that City were not going to catch us.

Great Post Crimson.

Steveo
3rd November 2020, 07:43 PM
Same reason that Klopp did.
Same reason that Klopp did against Carra just a little over a week ago.

Managers are always going to feel like they have to defend their players/system, however right or wrong it may be or however we fans feels they should or shouldn't - especially when the critics are former players.

When Klopp angrily responded to Keane (rightly) making the observation and suggestion that we were sloppy in some areas, we then go out the next weekend and get hammered 7-2.

Criticism from other team's former players (especially the Scum or the Bitters) is one thing, but I personally wish our own former players wouldn't be mouthing off so much (looking at Carra, Nicol, Owen...et al).
Can you imagine how it must feel to be Klopp and hearing some of the shite they come up with week in, week out?

Totally agree...

Kev0909
5th November 2020, 04:58 PM
Premier League clubs agree to abandon the £14.95 PPV cost until at least next season, following a massive public outcry against the charges. All games will be shown at no extra cost across Sky, BT, Amazon Prime & the BBC. Finally some common sense!

Didn't know where to put this, but finally something decent

And yes great post there, I agree 100% i've said a number of times I wish carra just shut up

skyebo
5th November 2020, 07:35 PM
Premier League clubs agree to abandon the £14.95 PPV cost until at least next season, following a massive public outcry against the charges. All games will be shown at no extra cost across Sky, BT, Amazon Prime & the BBC. Finally some common sense!

Didn't know where to put this, but finally something decent

And yes great post there, I agree 100% i've said a number of times I wish carra just shut up

They are not thinking about their customers by doing this. They are thinking of themselves because very few were willing to pay on top of what they are already paying, and some probably cancelled altogether because of their greed.

Balinkay
5th November 2020, 11:25 PM
Err... Celtic just lost at home 1-4 to Sparta Prague...

Insidious
5th November 2020, 11:48 PM

Wanted to do the satirical, derogatory "as I said" Brendan stuff, then remembered he's at Leicester and that Lennon's in charge again.

Remember that time Lennon headbutted Shearer's foot? Such a violent chap.

Kev0909
6th November 2020, 12:06 AM

I hope they keep being shit

And stevie g wins the league with our booy ryan kent

skyebo
6th November 2020, 12:09 AM
Wanted to do the satirical, derogatory "as I said" Brendan stuff, then remembered he's at Leicester and that Lennon's in charge again.

Remember that time Lennon headbutted Shearer's foot? Such a violent chap.

I think Leicester won 4-0 earlier, outstanding performance.

Balinkay
6th November 2020, 12:48 AM
I hope they keep being shit

And stevie g wins the league with our booy ryan kent

Is he on loan? Thought we sold him?

Kev0909
6th November 2020, 12:56 AM
Is he on loan? Thought we sold him?

age's ago wasn't it?

Still ouuuuur booy

Think gerrard knew him from here

ianlfc
6th November 2020, 09:02 AM
Our Stevie has put the cat amongst the pigeons in Scotland the Celtic fans are seriously concerned. Personally its not a bad thing them having competition . They've had 9 leagues in a row it's about time someone challenged them.
I do like seeing neil Lennon struggle though! !

justincredible
6th November 2020, 09:47 AM
What's that Ian? Anything to stop the 10 in a row?

Hahahaha....

Insidious
6th November 2020, 10:02 AM
I think Leicester won 4-0 earlier, outstanding performance.

Just looked up the result and all 4 goals WEREN'T scored by Vardy, which is good.

Need Brendan and co to start getting wins against Chelsea/Tottenham/City/United though. They're a side whose presence in the Top Four (if they can not totally botch that this time around) kicks someone else out (that isn't us) and I am all for that.