PDA

View Full Version : Mane

Nineteenx
31st October 2020, 11:44 PM
Started the season on fire, WHY have we moved his position? In my opinion it's fucking everything up, been like that since the 4231 game, he's in a centre forward position a lot of the time, not wide left or inside left where he has been for the last 3 seasons available for the switch and to link with Robbo or available for Trent or Hendo to cross to just inside the far post

It's really bothering me, it's affecting our play and our ability to do a lot of the things that made us and make us so formidable, it also severely affects Bobby because there's even less space for him.

It's just not making any sense to me at all, I'm watching the longlights right now, he's really central pretty much all the time, as he was v Sheffield United, as he was midweek and guess what, that's one of the principal reasons we've been struggling to create openings

Balinkay
1st November 2020, 12:09 AM
Yes, I've noticed this too. It's like he's now expected to play against the CB and not in the half space. Why??

Nineteenx
1st November 2020, 12:19 AM
Yes, I've noticed this too. It's like he's now expected to play against the CB and not in the half space. Why??

It's fucking everything up, it's restricting Firmino's space and the gaps he would otherwise have to thread balls through, when Jota's coming on at LFWD, the position Mane has been playing isn't changing and we are playing better because we have a front 3 across the line again, which is what we're used to, it's not making any sense to me whatsoever, plus Mane himself has been well below his usual phenomenal standards in all 3 of those games as a result

justme
1st November 2020, 01:01 AM
Ermmmmmmm when he moved to the right at the end of the game To bring on Jota It actually worked and we won the game.
So why fecking complain. Oh thats right Nineteenx is the expert. he has his way of thinking and thats it.

skyebo
1st November 2020, 01:09 AM
Ermmmmmmm when he moved to the right at the end of the game To bring on Jota It actually worked and we won the game.
So why fecking complain. Oh thats right Nineteenx is the expert. he has his way of thinking and thats it.

Moyes has never won at Anfield in something like 20 attempts, so no surprise he went home today with another defeat.

LFC vs PFC
1st November 2020, 01:10 AM
Klopp has changed something each season, I guess it's to keep us fresh and less predictable

skyebo
1st November 2020, 01:14 AM
Klopp has changed something each season, I guess it's to keep us fresh and less predictable

I don't go that deep into things, like formations and players positions. I just watch the games and hope we win them.

justme
1st November 2020, 01:14 AM
There is that..the master tactician, all he knows is to put 10 players behind the ball. Saying that its pretty damn hard to break down teams that play the low block.
Klopp is a great manager because he could have changed like for like. But he decided to play Mane in a different position And Salah was more central.
Completely different angles for the opposition to face.Made the difference in the end.we may have ended up drawing if we had stuck to a similar pattern on the pitch

Nineteenx
1st November 2020, 04:29 AM
Klopp's brilliant, he'll have his reasons and be working towards something, I guess what I'm really getting at is, because I see a lot of talk in match threads about it "We're not playing as well as blah blah, x, y ,or z isn't playing as well as blah blah blah needs a restr blah blah blah" is don't be too hard on the lads if we're not the same animal you're used to seeing and saw for the majority of the 18-19 and 19-20 season, the results are all that matter, but things have definitely been changed and are being changed and you shouldn't expect all the players to be playing as they were these last 2 seasons because a big part of how they played like that was a result of almost 3 seasons of continuity of selection and formation.

Maybe the new way will be better in the long run

Nineteenx
1st November 2020, 06:17 AM
Guess i'm just being pissy because it makes it less enjoyable to watch matches and the relatioships and link ups from certain players in certain positions is something i got used to seeing over 3 seasons and is one of the things i really look forward to seeing in games and my favourite, Mane and Robbo down our left and Hendo releasing either with switches out to them and Mane being an unstoppable force and constantly testing the opposition defence hasn't been there at all in the last 3 games because Mane hasn't been there and i don't enjoy Mane looking a shadow of Mane at his best and being anonymous for 80 plus minutes of games

Jurgen's job however isn't to entertain us, it's to get results

Steveo
1st November 2020, 10:34 AM
It can be frustrating - Mané has looked unplayable at times but it is true Klopp is in the results business and we all want the club to take a maximum. We need more ways to win..,formations become stale and easier to counter after time - developing new ones is always part of the plan. Will always be teething problems with any change. Personally I think he has gone too long with the old template which was heavy on legs and over reliant on workhorses. The next level is reached IMO with a slower more controlled - higher quality game. The owners are not going to bankroll a big enough squad to compete on more than 2 ( at the very maximum ) fronts. We need to conserve and tread carefully with players now or we will have huge holes in the first 11.

I would especially like him to be a little quicker to change the subs. I mean waiting for the 70th minute yesterday very nearly cost us 2 points. It was obvious after 25 mins that it wasn’t working.

He is a stubborn one is our Jurgen.

Balinkay
1st November 2020, 11:04 AM
Alcantara might be a sign that Klopp agrees with your wish for a more controlled game plan, Steveo.

I think we're kind of seeing it - we've not been just outrunning and outpressing teams for a while now like we used to up until 2018. Maybe you're right and it's time for the next step forward.

redebreck
1st November 2020, 05:24 PM
All top class games are televised, broadcast, recorded.
This, obviously, means that sides can analyse the flick out of our game play.
Presumably this is why Jurgen and the backroom are looking for different ways to achieve the same result - Liverpool F. C. becoming legendary.

Kev0909
1st November 2020, 06:22 PM
Wouldn't worry about mane we have bigger problems

If firmino played better too, i'm pretty sure mane would also they work as a unit or well did but he's not helping him at all

But firmino stinks, at the moment like pure stink, that farm smell? you know?

Nineteenx
1st November 2020, 10:06 PM
It can be frustrating - Mané has looked unplayable at times but it is true Klopp is in the results business and we all want the club to take a maximum. We need more ways to win..,formations become stale and easier to counter after time - developing new ones is always part of the plan. Will always be teething problems with any change. Personally I think he has gone too long with the old template which was heavy on legs and over reliant on workhorses. The next level is reached IMO with a slower more controlled - higher quality game. The owners are not going to bankroll a big enough squad to compete on more than 2 ( at the very maximum ) fronts. We need to conserve and tread carefully with players now or we will have huge holes in the first 11.

I would especially like him to be a little quicker to change the subs. I mean waiting for the 70th minute yesterday very nearly cost us 2 points. It was obvious after 25 mins that it wasn’t working.

He is a stubborn one is our Jurgen.

I actually don't believe it's the reason for any of the changes, i think a small part of it is down to the number of games, but it is mostly because of the injury to Virgil, we started the season in our usual set up, with Mane, Mo and Robbo on fire, had that horrendous result v Villa because Jurgen picked the midfield that doesn't work, were brilliant again v the bitters as we'd usually line up, but robbed by VAR, and i think the nature of the 2 conceded after Virgil went off, is what brought it about

Nineteenx
2nd November 2020, 02:21 AM
Could also be possible there's an element of 'working on things' ahead of the game v UAE FC as winning that one will be huge at this stage of the season. It's one of the few fixtures in which Mane in our 433 is kept very quiet because Walker plays him very well, so some practice at being in that different space with Mo up top and 2 off him a little deeper who immediately start runs when either of our full backs or Hendo have it in deeper positions they can drop one/angle one over the top of their CBs might be what's being prepared, could see that working very well too