PDA

View Full Version : The greatest dives

Balinkay
1st November 2020, 11:21 AM
Oh man, I just saw this video on youtube - "The ten greatest dives in Bundesliga history"

There are some real doozies in there!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sGb7pEiwaA&ab_channel=DAZNBundesliga

Balinkay
1st November 2020, 11:21 AM
Special mention goes to that one MANAGER. :D

justincredible
1st November 2020, 11:24 AM
Video won't play lad.

Insidious
1st November 2020, 11:31 AM
Suarez's dive in front of Moyes was a belter.

ianlfc
1st November 2020, 11:33 AM
Platini in the infamous Hysel cup final .

Balinkay
1st November 2020, 12:04 PM
Video won't play lad.

Ah fucking hell, is it region blocked?! Dammit!

Sorry guys.

Kev0909
1st November 2020, 12:09 PM
Ah fucking hell, is it region blocked?! Dammit!

Sorry guys.

You had one job

We don't like "dives" in the uk didn't you know?

You foreigners and your diving

skyebo
1st November 2020, 12:25 PM
Francis Lee of Man City then Derby made a living from it, People my age will remember him. Young Nani and Ronaldo, we all know the link there.

Balinkay
1st November 2020, 12:57 PM
You had one job

We don't like "dives" in the uk didn't you know?

You foreigners and your diving

There was an awesome stat - 71% of penos in the PL were won by English players. English players take 27% if the touches int he opposition box in the PL... :D

Kev0909
1st November 2020, 12:59 PM
There was an awesome stat - 71% of penos in the PL were won by English players. English players take 27% if the touches int he opposition box in the PL... :D

Sterling doesn't make a island :lol::lol::lol:

Insidious
1st November 2020, 01:13 PM

That's mad!

Is that from a particular season, or the history of the Premier League up until a certain year?

Balinkay
1st November 2020, 02:18 PM
That's mad!

Is that from a particular season, or the history of the Premier League up until a certain year?

Ah, apparently it was based only on the first four or five rounds of games this year.

Kind of bullshite in that case. Sorry for spreading vaguely fake news.

Kev0909
1st November 2020, 02:30 PM
Ah, apparently it was based only on the first four or five rounds of games this year.

Kind of bullshite in that case. Sorry for spreading vaguely fake news.

Get back to facebook for goodness sake!

RedNoodle
1st November 2020, 04:48 PM
Sam Matterface (who sounds a lot like/could be Max Rushden) is a ****.

Expect to see/hear a new " Salah is a diver" agenda .

skyebo
1st November 2020, 04:56 PM
Sam Matterface (who sounds a lot like/could be Max Rushden) is a ****.

Expect to see/hear a new " Salah is a diver" agenda .

I never liked him from the moment i found out he was married to Natalie Sawyer lol

RedNoodle
1st November 2020, 05:12 PM
I never liked him from the moment i found out he was married to Natalie Sawyer lol

It just confirms what I've known for many years I.e. that ****s always land on their feet no matter how ****ish they are, whilst many, if not most truly good/kind people get repeatedly ****ed over/kicked in the nads.

scientificred
1st November 2020, 10:30 PM
I quite like the feature with Chris Sutton on BBC Radio 5 606 called 'the simulation game' which names and shames a bunch of divers then picks out the winner from the week's best divers.

RedNoodle
1st November 2020, 10:37 PM
I quite like the feature with Chris Sutton on BBC Radio 5 606 called 'the simulation game' which names and shames a bunch of divers then picks out the winner from the week's best divers.

Even when it allows them to push a particular narrative/agenda that they have e.g. that Salah is a diver?

scientificred
1st November 2020, 10:40 PM
Even when it allows them to push a particular narrative/agenda that they have e.g. that Salah is a diver?
I find Sutton to be reasonably fair and actually may have a Liverpool inkling

RedNoodle
1st November 2020, 10:45 PM

Really?!?!? :eek:

You must be listening to some other station and some other guy called Chris Sutton, because the one on Radio 5 definitely does not like us.

RedNoodle
1st November 2020, 11:24 PM

He just picked Salah as the biggest diver. What a surpise!?!?! :rolleyes:

Reasonably fair my backside.

Balinkay
2nd November 2020, 12:07 AM
He just picked Salah as the biggest diver. What a surpise!?!?! :rolleyes:

Reasonably fair my backside.

Carra put it extremely well - there's a difference between diving and going down after being fouled. Salah does very little of the former and a lot of the latter. A lot of the pundits are too dumb to notice the difference.

justme
2nd November 2020, 12:39 AM
Woodison thats a massive dive

faridtoxteth
2nd November 2020, 01:01 AM
James Maddison, daniel James, Lacazette and half the Tottenham team .

Joetan991
2nd November 2020, 04:31 AM
nowadays, diving is part of the game, defenders must be smarter, if not unnecessary, better don't put your legs out.

RedNoodle
2nd November 2020, 11:11 AM
And as I said the "Is Salah a diver" narrative has begun. I've been listening to the radio and every show I've listened to that had been one of the topics, despite that there were other 'incidents' regarding the likes of Kane over the weekend.

RedNoodle
2nd November 2020, 11:49 AM
Simon Jordan is another ****.

A **** that thinks he's more intelligent than he actually is because he likes to read a dictionary on weekends.

You'd think Salah was winning penalties every week and was a bigger master of the 'dark arts' than Ramos.

skyebo
2nd November 2020, 12:18 PM
nowadays, diving is part of the game, defenders must be smarter, if not unnecessary, better don't put your legs out.

Just because it's part of the game, it doesn't mean we have to like or accept it.

Balinkay
2nd November 2020, 12:24 PM
Yes. I don't get why that committee that was set up two years ago to retrospectively punish divers is staying silent all the time. Now it should be easier than ever with VAR to do it during games too!

justme
2nd November 2020, 01:38 PM
The person viewing the VAR when it comes to dives. They tend to go with the on field ref. Simply because they don't wanna appear to call the player a diver.
Its a difficult call to make and i know i would struggle to decide if i was in the Var box. Because you would be accused of favouring certain teams. So they just tend to stick with the official on the field

skyebo
2nd November 2020, 04:20 PM
There's no need for anyone to dive just to gain an advantage. That, along with feigning injuries are my two pet hates in the game.

RedNoodle
3rd November 2020, 09:19 AM
I just turned on the radio. The opening discussion was/is about diving, with Salah being the person mentioned every time. Expect us to get f-all decisions in and around the opposition's box for the next few weeks at least.

Darren Bent and Ally McCoist said that they never dived, despite Lloris and Dudek both stating to the media that the former definitely did.

Steveo
3rd November 2020, 09:48 AM
Indeed - it certainly doesn’t help when you have twats like Murphy doing this..

https://youtu.be/FLNXwduIbxw

Total double standard from Manny Durphy - please be my fwend - media darling. His son plays in the same club as my lad. I will pull him up on this next time I see him.

RedNoodle
7th November 2020, 12:40 PM
They are talking about diving again on the radio, and guess who keeps being mentioned first almost every time? :mad:

RedNoodle
7th November 2020, 12:44 PM
They have just asked "If Salah was holding a baby, would he go down?", when they should be asking, "If Salah was English, would he be getting less flak, just as is the case with Harry Kane?".

Also I'd just like to reiterate that Trevor Sinclair is a racist, drink driving ****.

Joetan991
8th November 2020, 03:14 AM
VAR can only see if there is any "contact", to judge the contact is enough to earn a penalty is depend on the referee.