PDA

View Full Version : Your team v Man City

Insidious
3rd November 2020, 10:45 PM
The big one. Win this and it deals a psychological Hammerblow to what are probably our most likely challengers.

5 wins from 5 since the Everton game ain't bad. Let's hope we can get a 6th before the international break.

...........................Alisson

Trent.........Matip........Gomez......Robertson

........................Henderson

.............Jones................Wijnaldum

.....Mane...........Jota...........Salah

The real treat for me is that I can foresee some variety in the line-ups that people will come up with and I think I'll like all of them. Our initial recovery from everything surrounding that Everton match has been fantastic.

Kev0909
3rd November 2020, 10:47 PM
The big one. Win this and it deals a psychological Hammerblow to what are probably our most likely challengers.

5 wins from 5 since the Everton game ain't bad. Let's hope we can get a 6th before the international break.

The real treat for me is that I can foresee some variety in the line-ups that people will come up with and I think I'll like all of them. Our initial recovery from everything surrounding that Everton match has been fantastic.

That's the team!

teesred
3rd November 2020, 10:48 PM
Thiago if hes fit to replace Jones in that. A shame as hes been great tonight and is more than showing hes got a future at LFC but I'd like that bit of pure class for this game.
Front 3 is a given surely now.

justme
3rd November 2020, 10:51 PM
I wouldnt bring in Matip. Its a bit of a gamble to start a player whos been out for a while..I would stick with Philips and Gomez.

skyebo
3rd November 2020, 10:53 PM
It will be a right kick in the teeth for Phillips if he gets left out, after his performance against West Ham. Not too fussed who makes way for him.

teesred
3rd November 2020, 11:00 PM
I'm busting to see this front 3 against Kyle Walker. Hope he gets his arse handed to him.

CCTV
3rd November 2020, 11:07 PM

I'd have Firmino in for Jones 4231/4213

Kev0909
3rd November 2020, 11:11 PM

Jones had a great game, I don't see why players in-form should be dropped for ones that are far from being in-form, if it's bobby or anyone

Bobby starts- mark my words we'll concede a goal from him losing the ball, i said it here first.

Steveo

We all know where you’d have Firmino in CC.. :D

teesred

That's not a bad shout. Throw the lot at them.

Insidious
It will be a right kick in the teeth for Phillips if he gets left out, after his performance against West Ham. Not too fussed who makes way for him.

I totally get that, but I do just wonder if Phillips was the right "style" of centre-back for the physical, balls-lumped-in methodology of West Ham - saying that, there's almost no combo I would be unhappy with.

teesred
3rd November 2020, 11:12 PM
Jones had a great game, I don't see why players in-form should be dropped for ones that are far from being in-form, if it's bobby or anyone

You're right, it's just a game like this might need that little bit of proven quality. That's what we bought him for.

Nineteenx
3rd November 2020, 11:19 PM
Alisson

Trent Matip Gomez Robertson

Thiago Henderson Wijnaldum

Salah Jota Mane

CCTV
3rd November 2020, 11:22 PM
You're right, it's just a game like this might need that little bit of proven quality. That's what we bought him for.

Experience and physicality too

Nineteenx
3rd November 2020, 11:22 PM

Bobby starts- mark my words we'll concede a goal from him losing the ball, i said it here first.

One swallow does not a summer make, Jones has been rank average in his other games this season, Atalanta were wide open and a million miles off pressing our lads all night, easier game than any Premier League game we've played all season, easier than our first 2 Champions league games too

LEGS
3rd November 2020, 11:23 PM
Matip if fit has to play he is proven at the highest level.

Phillips was very good last weekend but in a weird way Rhys is better suited for City looks abit better on the ball.

Thiago WILL start if fit but if not Jones had a great game tonight he is ready for first team football for us.

Provided no injuries or god forbid Covid that will be the team.

Alisson
TAA
Matip
Gomez
Robbo
Hendo
Thiago
Gini
Salah
Jota
Mane

LFC vs PFC
Alisson

Thiago Henderson Wijnaldum

Salah Jota Mane

This.

Nineteenx
I totally get that, but I do just wonder if Phillips was the right "style" of centre-back for the physical, balls-lumped-in methodology of West Ham

Yep

Kev0909
3rd November 2020, 11:25 PM
One swallow does not a summer make, Jones has been rank average in his other games this season, Atalanta were wide open and a million miles off pressing our lads all night, easier game than any Premier League game we've played all season, easier than our first 2 Champions league games too

People are now trying to make out that atalanta are a shit team after worrying about them, but the fact is with jota we was so much better????? mind baffles, we was away from home, they're a good side- don't take credit away from the team tonight we played the best we have all season because of firmino not starting IMO

I'd rather thiago play if he's back ofc, but with Firmino we'll be to open in midfield too, jones was quite physical tonight was good to see.

Nineteenx
3rd November 2020, 11:28 PM
People are now trying to make out that atalanta are a shit team after worrying about them, and the fact is with jota we was so much better????? mind baffles, we was away from home, they're a good side- don't take credit away from the team tonight

I'd rather thiago play, but with Firmino we'll be to open in midfield too, jones was quite physical tonight was good to see.

Atalanta are a dangerous team, but the supposed minnows we played last game made it a much harder game and pressed and closed us down exceptionally well, Atalanta were miles off us tonight, they never got close to any of our lads, not trying to detract from what was an excellent away performance, just being honest that the opposition played right into our hands, trying to fight fire with fire with far lesser quality and nothing resembling a good or organised press

justme
3rd November 2020, 11:46 PM
I have no worries about us scoring goals.if we are going to beat Man-city on Sunday we need to have as much possession of the ball has they have.
They are very good at moving you around. We need to stop them doing it and thats to control the game. you always fancy us to break on them and make chances

skyebo
3rd November 2020, 11:54 PM
I have no worries about us scoring goals.if we are going to beat Man-city on Sunday we need to have as much possession of the ball has they have.
They are very good at moving you around. We need to stop them doing it and thats to control the game. you always fancy us to break on them and make chances

Guardiola is like Solskjaer, neither of them know what their best centre back pairing is. We will get chances against them, we have to take them, because they will get chances too.

Nineteenx
3rd November 2020, 11:57 PM
Tonight might have been part one of a two part package, all 3 running in behind, then booooom introduces Thiago into the game v City to release all 3 even more

Nineteenx
3rd November 2020, 11:58 PM
Guardiola is like Solskjaer, neither of them know what their best centre back pairing is.

He doesn't know who is best midfield is either

skyebo
4th November 2020, 12:02 AM
He doesn't know who is best midfield is either

That's right.

Insidious
4th November 2020, 12:02 AM

I've watched a couple of City games lately and the impression I get is that Pep has become even more infatuated with his players having control of the ball - almost at the expense of everything else - with a thought process of creating 2-4 high quality chances per match and converting.

Perhaps I am over-analysing and it's just that their attacking runs aren't clicking (thus they're knocking it around some more) but I can foresee frustrating spells in the match.

Aguero expected to be back as well - wonder if he had a visit to a certain Doctor....

Nineteenx
4th November 2020, 12:11 AM
I expect they'll be bricking it after tonight, they've seen one game of that forward line, without Thiago, that's all they have to try and analyse. given the work Jurgen put into their movement in the 3 games I didn't enjoy because he was doing that work, I think it's a pretty safe bet he'll go with that 3 again and already has a few different ways and different patterns he can ask them to assume at any given point, because he was obviously working on a few over those 3 games

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Guardiola errs on the side of caution and goes with a back 3

Steveo
4th November 2020, 12:33 AM
Nope he will go for us - and our back line hasn’t had to cope with anything of that quality coming at it since it last got turned over by them. And our back line isn’t nearly as strong as it was then either. They will be confident - we need to be as assertive and direct as we have been when Jota and Shaq came in V West Ham and again in patches tonight.

Nineteenx
4th November 2020, 12:42 AM
Nope he will go for us - and our back line hasn’t had to cope with anything of that quality coming at it since it last got turned over by them. And our back line isn’t nearly as strong as it was then either. They will be confident - we need to be as assertive and direct as we have been when Jota and Shaq came in V West Ham and again in patches tonight.

To be honest, that result and the scoreline didn't reflect the game, also, for me anyway, I felt they let us have it, sat a bit deeper and looked to counter us for most of it, rather than trying to dominate the ball and us nick it off them and counter as we did in most previous Klopp v Guardiola meetings

RedNoodle
4th November 2020, 12:49 AM
If you stop them taking the ball down the left wing to the byline where they'll play a low ball into the box, you nullify a big/the main part of their attack.

southernboy
4th November 2020, 01:02 AM
If I was a betting man, I’d stick a fiver on Firmino starting.

Steveo
4th November 2020, 01:05 AM
I would say 50/50 - which is totally crazy considering how much more deadly our entire attack looks with Jota but that is our Jurgen - seems to have done ok out of it too.

Nineteenx
4th November 2020, 01:05 AM

I wouldn't, I wouldn't be surprised if 3 up front all looking to make runs in behind and pretty much staying up top for the most part, with the rest of the team being relied on to defend and win the ball back is Jurgen's new high risk risk/reward football

Nineteenx
4th November 2020, 01:12 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJ442aGZ9WU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJ442aGZ9WU

LEGS
4th November 2020, 11:51 AM

I would have agreed before last night but Jota is bound to start and no way he leaves Mane/Salah out.

Im not a tactical expert but that front 3 may push City defence back a touch if they play a high line against 3 quick forwards its a high risk tactic.

I expect it to be a tight game 1-1 or 2-1 either way.

justincredible
4th November 2020, 11:59 AM
We can be sure that City will play a lot deeper than Atalanta did last night so Klopp might go with Firmino to pick the tight hole between their midfield and defence.

justme
4th November 2020, 12:26 PM
If City do play deep. we need to be very patient. And dont lose the ball. even if we have to play balls back and keep it away from them so be it.

Nineteenx
4th November 2020, 09:11 PM
Let's just play the front 3 from last night and bum them, note to our players, if you're through take it early, almost immediately or if you've not done that and Ederson is quickly bearing down on you, slip it through his legs, he's really weak in both areas, he's always wide open for the megs when he rushes out and his position prior to a player being played through is usually very poor, if the players had a quick glance at his position and where they want to put it prior to being played through and takes it early, they're very likely to score

Nineteenx
4th November 2020, 09:26 PM
Nice early goal for our lads, leave our 3 from last night up top as they try and come back and absolutely destroy them

Nineteenx
4th November 2020, 10:21 PM
Let's remember our switches full back to full back this time too, worked a treat in our 3-1 win against them, their players looking to keep a press on our midfield and our full back switching it to our other full back running beyond midfield on the counter

fagin
5th November 2020, 03:07 AM

I just read a statement by Klopp on sky sports when asked if Jota's hat trick had given him a headache of a choice

between him and Firmino.Klopp said not at all and confirmed Firmino will be in the team Sunday.He has no intention of splitting up his established front three he said

He also said we wouldn't be in the Champions league if Firmino wasn't with us.There was no link but it was all supposed to have been said in his post game presser.

skyebo
5th November 2020, 04:50 AM
Alisson
Alexander-Arnold
Philips
Gomez
Robertson
Henderson
Thiago
Wijnaldum
Salah
Firmino
Mane

Adrian Williams N Williams R
Milner Jones Minamino Diogo

Steveo
5th November 2020, 09:41 AM
That midfield looks great - really feel we need Thiago. Nothing wrong with Bobby starting - especially with Thiago... though it would feel off to drop a guy after a stunning hat trick - bookending all 5 goals.

As I said a few days ago - wouldn’t surprise me at all.

You never know - might even see Hendo drop in at the back and Bobby play behind Salah - Jota - Mo

Anything could happen

Artisan
5th November 2020, 11:01 AM
Thiago if hes fit to replace Jones in that. A shame as hes been great tonight and is more than showing hes got a future at LFC but I'd like that bit of pure class for this game.
Front 3 is a given surely now.

I'd stick with Jones to start with, quicker and just had a blinder. If Thiago's ready bring him on with 25 to go. Great to have such options.

Artisan
5th November 2020, 11:05 AM
Jota to start is a must, you gotta go with the ones in form and currently he's flying, Man City will be praying we get all tactical and start with Firminio, i fancy us whoever we start with.

Kev0909
5th November 2020, 12:01 PM
That midfield looks great - really feel we need Thiago. Nothing wrong with Bobby starting - especially with Thiago... though it would feel off to drop a guy after a stunning hat trick - bookending all 5 goals.

As I said a few days ago - wouldn’t surprise me at all.

You never know - might even see Hendo drop in at the back and Bobby play behind Salah - Jota - Mo

Anything could happen

Thiago starting is another reason to drop firmino from where i'm standing

he's useless atm ffs start the same front 3 with thiago supplying the balls for the runs, and our fullbacks

Need 3 in midfield to keep the shape, and keep solid otherwise we'll let them play, especially when Firmino gives the ball away in our own half over and over

Soon as he come on the other night you knew we wouldn't be as good and score anymore infact because of him they could of scored twice, and the half chance he had, he couldn't even control the ball and ballsed that up

Not even good enough for the league bench atm

Steveo
5th November 2020, 12:19 PM
Go on stick your neck out Kev.. :D.

It is such a difficult one for Klopp though. we do need Bobby to find form and he has been so integral to so much of our game. He does look jaded and is lacking confidence - tricky to know what will help or hinder him really.

I would defo go for a Jota start myself, but not at all sure Klopp will and - hand on heart - I can also see that logic. We want both to be on form.

Kev0909
5th November 2020, 12:26 PM
Go on stick your neck out Kev.. :D.

It is such a difficult one for Klopp though. we do need Bobby to find form and he has been so integral to so much of our game. He does look jaded and is lacking confidence - tricky to know what will help or hinder him really.

I would defo go for a Jota start myself, but not at all sure Klopp will and - hand on heart - I can also see that logic. We want both to be on form.

I'd say get rid and origi and get haaland before utd or city sign him :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I can dream

If I was city or utd i'd defo go for him, they'd be sorted for years and could be the best striker in the generation. cavani isn't the solution n old and aguero is getting old

FSG would never spend the money but if we sold some of the fringe players and FSG helped fund it we could have a big transfer

It's funny with bobby he use to be the most under-rated player (he was proper good) but at the moment he's the most over-rated amongst some LFC fans

justme
5th November 2020, 12:30 PM
Alisson
Alexander-Arnold
Philips
Gomez
Robertson
Henderson
Thiago
Wijnaldum
Salah
Firmino
Mane

Adrian Williams N Williams R
Milner Jones Minamino Diogo

I would try and get Shaqiri into the squad. hes likely to take a free kick and score a gem of a goal. Maybe Leave Neco Williams out. Milner can cover both full back areas. (not at the same time tho)

southernboy
5th November 2020, 08:26 PM
No sign of Thiago in training today:

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/414977-training-melwood-manchester-city-premier-league

stevie harkness
5th November 2020, 08:47 PM
No sign of Thiago in training today:

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/414977-training-melwood-manchester-city-premier-league

He's either injured or a ninja.

miller0863
6th November 2020, 08:37 AM
Feeling confident, if Thiago plays we keep better control of the midfield and we win. Without him, we draw.

Steveo
6th November 2020, 09:20 AM
Agree. Klopp doesn’t often start players who aren’t training this close to match day though.

reddownunder
6th November 2020, 09:39 AM
Alisson
Jones Henderson Wijnaldum
Salah Jota Mane

Adrian Phillips Milner Tsimikas Keita Shaqiri Firmino

Insidious
6th November 2020, 09:57 AM
Feeling confident, if Thiago plays we keep better control of the midfield and we win. Without him, we draw.

Well, we have options at least, in terms of different approaches.

Henderson-Wijnaldum-Keita
Henderson-Wijnaldum-Milner
Henderson-Wijnaldum-Jones

...and the less likely...

Henderson-Wijnaldum-Shaqiri or
Henderson-Wijnaldum-Firmino

are all possible even without Ox, Fabinho or Thiago available. Our depth is pretty great really - just hasn't felt it due to injuries.

Henderson-Wijnaldum-Milner has the most experience in it to be fair, but we may need a neat pass or one-two from midfield - I think Keita may get an eyebrow-raising start actually, but we'll see.

Steveo
6th November 2020, 02:03 PM
No Thiago - Klopp has confirmed...

At least very unlikely..

"The challenge that day was a harsh one and directly against the leg, so still adapting but improving. It will not be too long anymore but for this game I don't think he will be in."

southernboy
6th November 2020, 02:16 PM
Another quote:

"Thiago is probably not ready to return. Maybe it was not 100% clear what I said. No surgery needed but still an injury. Big improvements one day to next but he has to train again and that is not the case so far. Not available for Sunday. That's it."

vin
6th November 2020, 02:30 PM
Probably too much of a change for such a big game

Ali
Trent Matip Gomez Robbo
Hendo Wij
Bobby
Salah Mane Jota

justincredible
6th November 2020, 02:44 PM
Pussy!

skyebo
6th November 2020, 04:49 PM

Miller. I'm sorry for having a go at you on the match thread the other night. I was out of order.

Kev0909
6th November 2020, 04:51 PM
Miller. I'm sorry for having a go at you on the match thread the other night. I was out of order.

I don't know what you said or did but that's a first for this forum

Nice one!

skyebo
6th November 2020, 05:11 PM

Nice one!

Thanks Kev. i would have done it earlier, but it's the first time i've seen him on here since the game.

Nineteenx
6th November 2020, 05:39 PM

I get on very well with Miller and have my issues with Joe as he is really lacking experience of real defending given his career appearances and most of them having been made in a team that played such a high line and press, counter press, win second balls and recycle the ball so brilliantly. Jurgen's changed the line and i see it as an opportunity for Joe to get that experience and think we're so desperately short of CB options we need to support all of them and accept they are still learning and will at times make errors.

As i recall, you had a go at Miller for ripping into Joe about 2 minutes in, which was a fair enough thing to do

Nineteenx
6th November 2020, 05:56 PM
There is something i think is vitally important for Jurgen and the analysis team to drill into our defenders for the game v UAE FC

In our last game they scored almost all their goals through having worked on exploiting our defenders way of playing

The tactic was for their forward to make runs as though going away from goal, looking to go past them a little wider to draw them across and to drill the ball into their feet and for them, shaping all the way to go wide, to clip the ball back inside the defender to have space quite centrally

Our CBs need to be made aware of this and not get too tight, over comitted and 'sold' on their forwards going the way they're trying to make them believe they, but instead take great positions in which they can cover, stop or slow them down trying to go either way

It was a definite tactic from UAE FC and one they had a great deal of success with. Angle your runs as though going wider trying to go around the defender drawing them across, when it's drilled into feet take it back the other way inside them. No doubt in my mind whatsoever UAE FC had put a lot of work into that and will be trying it again

ianlfc
6th November 2020, 06:03 PM

Nice one!

No such niceties from you Kev
#Bobbyout

skyebo
6th November 2020, 06:04 PM
I get on very well with Miller and have my issues with Joe as he is really lacking experience of real defending given his career appearances and most of them having been made in a team that played such a high line and press, counter press, win second balls and recycle the ball so brilliantly. Jurgen's changed the line and i see it as an opportunity for Joe to get that experience and think we're so desperately short of CB options we need to support all of them and accept they are still learning and will at times make errors.

As i recall, you had a go at Miller for ripping into Joe about 2 minutes in, which was a fair enough thing to do

We have all got opinions Nineteen, i should have respected Miller's. That's why i thought it was best to straighten things out.

Nineteenx
6th November 2020, 06:25 PM
We have all got opinions Nineteen, i should have respected Miller's. That's why i thought it was best to straighten things out.

I hugely respect Miller's also, it's very close to my own on a great many things, but however strongly you feel about some things, there are times, like when you only have 2 CBs, where you just have to support them whatever because they're all we've got

Insidious
6th November 2020, 06:25 PM

"Laws of chivalry and all that you know" - Sir Oran Neville-Smythe

CCTV
6th November 2020, 06:36 PM

Top man/whatever skyebo

Pretty sure Miller will graciously accept - hes a top man/other too

I didn't see it tbc - always good to foster good spirits:)

skyebo
6th November 2020, 06:44 PM
Top man/whatever skyebo

Thanks CCTV.

Steveo
6th November 2020, 07:22 PM
Top man/whatever skyebo

https://youtu.be/eEnoLug1Izo

CCTV
6th November 2020, 08:26 PM
I'd have gone for the afficable top cat, intro music

CCTV
6th November 2020, 08:27 PM
What's the craic with Matip, is he fit, training, recovering ?

Steveo
6th November 2020, 08:30 PM
Pretty sure I saw pictures of him training the other day.

ianlfc
6th November 2020, 08:33 PM
He was on the bench the other night. No way would we have brought him to Italy if he wasn't fit.
I exspected to see him play on Sunday. The only problem I see is that him and Gomez have never played beside each other. Which is a bit mad when you think how long they've both been with us.

CCTV
6th November 2020, 08:53 PM
He was on the bench the other night. No way would we have brought him to Italy if he wasn't fit.
I exspected to see him play on Sunday.

**The only problem I see is that him and Gomez have never played beside each other**. Which is a bit mad when you think how long they've both been with us.

Bonkers !!

miller0863
6th November 2020, 09:12 PM
Nice one Skyebo mate, I retract my instruction for you to wind your neck in.

Insidious
6th November 2020, 09:13 PM

Suspect he is in the Cryogenic chamber for his possible use on Sunday.

Nineteenx
6th November 2020, 09:22 PM
Nice one Skyebo mate, I retract my instruction for you to wind your neck in.

I'm not sure about that

miller0863
6th November 2020, 09:26 PM
Fairs fair 19, he had the good grace to apologise for reacting to my overreaction.

fagin
6th November 2020, 09:29 PM

Klopp says he will be playing Sunday

justme
8th November 2020, 09:32 AM
Big game today, if Firmino starts he needs to have a good game and try and control the ball better.He doesnt want to get lost in midfield.If Man-city defend deep then the whole team needs to be patient and not rush forward. And keep possession well. I emphasize Ball control all the time when we play the likes of City. Otherwise they will just run us around the pitch.

fagin
8th November 2020, 09:45 AM
Although only week 8 of the Prem after todays games and depending the results the top of the table could change dramatically
Absolute worst case scenario we could possibly be sitting in 4th place ...still not bad position at this time

shminkyred
8th November 2020, 11:08 AM

Nice one!

Hear Hear

Kev0909
8th November 2020, 12:37 PM
Big game today, if Firmino starts he needs to have a good game and try and control the ball better.He doesnt want to get lost in midfield.If Man-city defend deep then the whole team needs to be patient and not rush forward. And keep possession well. I emphasize Ball control all the time when we play the likes of City. Otherwise they will just run us around the pitch.

This

Probably biggest league game of the season, and at least the pressure is on man city to beat us as we've got the early lead over them.

Balinkay
8th November 2020, 12:46 PM
I think it's a much smaller game than in the previous two seasons, as both teams will drop significantly more points this year against lesser opposition.

Insidious
8th November 2020, 01:05 PM
I think it's a much smaller game than in the previous two seasons, as both teams will drop significantly more points this year against lesser opposition.

I do think the latter aspect of what you're saying is certainly true - there will be more "odd" results than normal.

However, with City not looking up to speed or at all rampant in the goal-scoring side, with Pep looking visibly disinterested and with City seemingly not being terribly mentally strong as an entity, I think a win in our favour has the potential to be a huge psychological leg-up on our side of things should we get it.

With our superior mental strength I think a loss (for us) today is a blow, but a blow we'd bounce back from. I back our powers of cognitive recovery much moreso than theirs. They have a capacity to wilt.

Kev0909
8th November 2020, 01:38 PM

I get that, but it's still important look what happened last time we had a big lead over them, they never looked like catching us, if we win today the gap will start being quite big even though they have a game in hand.

I do believe things are starting to settle down a little, also.

Balinkay
8th November 2020, 01:55 PM
@Kev @Sid

I see both you guys' points. However, while I agree that they're prone to... simply giving up, I'd argue that the fact they couldn't catch us last time was more down to our alien form than any psychological hit to them.

And in any case - any hit either team takes will be largely repaired (or at least well enough repaired to allow them to win enough points to fight for the title) by beating two or three decent teams on the bounce. Something both we and they will inevitably end up doing at some point, as we just have enough quality up top.

justme
8th November 2020, 02:50 PM
Its a big game in the sense its a 6 pointer.The more we win early in the season the better.. Means we can have alittle dip in form and hopefully still remain ahead.

Nineteenx
8th November 2020, 04:31 PM
Line up confirmed:

Alisson

Jota Henderson Wijnaldum

Salah Firmino Mane

Really strong line up, both Bobby and Jota starting, let's be as good as we can possibly be today, in our pressing, counter pressing, winning second balls, passing, switches (especially from full back to full back on counters), defending as a team and be clinical with our opportunities to create chances and in finishing them. Get the win here today and another vital 3 points.

Communication communication communication, absolutely key and vital from all the players, both visual and verbal

Come on come on come ON Liverpool, come the fucking FUCK on Liverpool, let's get the win here today and another vital 3 points

justme
8th November 2020, 04:33 PM
Firmino needs to prove his worth today. really needs to be on the ball and control the game.

LEGS
I think that team is abit too attack minded for me.

justme
Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Gomez, Robertson, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Jota, Mane, Salah, Firmino.

Subs: Adrian, Milner, Keita, Jones, Shaqiri, Origi, Phillips.

Steveo
8th November 2020, 04:35 PM
Brave in the extreme

Kev0909
8th November 2020, 04:36 PM
You really see jota being shafted to midfield after how he's been doing up top??

4-2-1-3 imo firmino in AMC dropping back (hes got the work-rate for it after all)

Nineteenx
8th November 2020, 04:38 PM
Might be a 4231 with any number of permatations of who is up top left or right, but I hope not as for me it throws a lot of our best relationships between players, built up over 3 seasons of continuity of selection and formation way out, there is always the option of reverting between 4231 and 433.

Insidious
8th November 2020, 04:41 PM
Could be 433 with Firmino being in the midfield three to be fair.

If so, the main thing there really would be for Bobby not to give the ball away easily. But certainly has the work-rate for it.

We'll know when we start.

justme
Its not attack minded in the sense Bobby will play a lot of the game in the false nine role

Nineteenx
You really see jota being shafted to midfield after how he's been doing up top??

4-2-1-3 imo firmino in AMC dropping back (hes got the work-rate for it after all)

It looks like that, I just put the players in our formation I think has been most successful for us, a flatter back four, with Hendo and Gini sitting in front with Bobby playing the role of the more attacking midfielder as one usually does reverting and shifting between 4213, 4231 and 433

justme
8th November 2020, 04:43 PM
Oh heck i must be going blind. I thought it was Keita and not Jota.Yes its very attack minded indeed.

LEGS
8th November 2020, 04:44 PM
Its not attack minded in the sense Bobby will play a lot of the game in the false nine role

Yeah true I think it’s a huge risk going with just 2 centre mids against their 3.

I’m hoping Firmino is playing in a midfield 3 here.

faridtoxteth
8th November 2020, 04:47 PM
I think it's a 4-2- and 'you four work it out among yourselves' across the front and in the ten role. Obviously Salah will play rightish with Trent and Sadio will play leftish with Robbo. Jota and Bobby will work it out between them. they are both intelligent players and Bobby is used to coming quite deep. he has got a great scoring record against City by the way, a club he seems to do well playing against.

vin
8th November 2020, 04:49 PM
Probably too much of a change for such a big game

Ali
Trent Matip Gomez Robbo
Hendo Wij
Bobby
Salah Mane Jota

Called it.....

southernboy
8th November 2020, 04:58 PM

Called it... :D

Hope we don’t get overrun in midfield

Insidious
8th November 2020, 05:01 PM
Called it... :D

Hope we don’t get overrun in midfield

Hendo will stop them!

HLOGI
8th November 2020, 05:10 PM
Risky but let's see. Jota is a very good 9 in a 3. Bobby also a good false 9. Think Klopp doesn't have the guts or he feels Bobby deserves more loyalty. Either way I back Klopp's decision. Let's c.

CCTV
8th November 2020, 05:26 PM
Called it.....

Same and First