PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Jota will start against Man City?

RedNoodle
6th November 2020, 06:55 PM
Do you think Jota will start against Man City?

skyebo
6th November 2020, 07:16 PM
I think he will recall Firmino, but obviously one of the subs.

CCTV
6th November 2020, 07:26 PM
I think he will start and a good chance he goes with all 4, that is Jota + the front 3.

Here's the who scored preview for both teams line up.
https://1xbet.whoscored.com/Matches/1485283/Preview/England-Premier-League-2020-2021-Manchester-City-Liverpool

How often do we moan, or pass slightly critical comments, about teams not attacking them ?
So why not take advantage of our strengths and go for the jugular ?

It's quite simple, a back 4, 2 6's and a front 4.
Bobby a false 9 to play centrally, Jota to do similar but only a half-fake 9 and Mane and Salah on the wings.
Each of these 4 work hard off the ball and have pace to recover if out possession.

stevie harkness
6th November 2020, 07:36 PM
I think he will recall Firmino, but obviously one of the subs.

Agreed. What a sub to have though. Scary

skyebo
6th November 2020, 07:38 PM
Agreed. What a sub to have though. Scary

Indeed Stevie.

Kev0909
6th November 2020, 07:38 PM
No we don't like to outscore a team more than 1, so firmino will start and i think jota may have a knock?

I'd be happy if we did outscore city by 1 though

But no jota no party as far as i'm concrned firmino start's it's going to be a struggle

Firmino to give the ball away and city score, and we draw at best, you heard it here first:adoration:

I still voted yes in hope, seems mad to drop him, in his form but you know firmino is the best in the world

faridtoxteth
6th November 2020, 08:00 PM
No we don't like to outscore a team more than 1, so firmino will start and i think jota may have a knock?

Firmino to give the ball away and city score, and we draw at best,

You're obsessed mate.Give it a rest.He's a Liverpool player.

Balinkay
6th November 2020, 08:12 PM
Yes.

While Bobby is by far the superior player (this one's for you, Kev :p), Klopp knows neither team is firing at all cylinders. In these sorts of games, when both are below par, you need people in form to step up. A touch of idividual class is all the more important when both are poor.

Jota has the golden touch right now - I think Klopp will use him as the surprise weapon to end all surprise weapons and we'll eat them alive.

ianlfc
6th November 2020, 08:17 PM
He'd be mad not to start him , he's on fire.

ianlfc
6th November 2020, 08:19 PM

I'd be happy if we did outscore city by 1 though

But no jota no party as far as i'm concrned firmino start's it's going to be a struggle

Firmino to give the ball away and city score, and we draw at best, you heard it here first:adoration:

I still voted yes in hope, seems mad to drop him, in his form but you know firmino is the best in the world

You need to be careful mate, you're bordering on RC cuntishness .

CCTV
6th November 2020, 08:23 PM
When was the last time a lfc player didn't start in a big game (any pl/cl game..) having scored a hat trick ?

ianlfc
6th November 2020, 08:28 PM
10 years ago if we'd been told ,In 10 years time we'll be that good we'd be considering putting a player on the bench after scoring a hat trick away from home in the Champions league,
You'd of been locked up !!

Steveo
6th November 2020, 08:35 PM
Just over 11 years ago we were doing this though.

https://youtu.be/cZihmu9bRDo

ianlfc
6th November 2020, 08:43 PM
Ha ha, good point, Just goes to show how quickly it can go down hill. I was thinking of the Hodgson era.

Steveo
6th November 2020, 08:49 PM
Yes indeed - takes an age to get there and can go tits up so quick.. Remember Leeds..? Was watching a YT on Mark Viduka the other day - great striker and Leeds were so strong - then wham... gone

ianlfc
6th November 2020, 09:07 PM
Yes indeed - takes an age to get there and can go tits up so quick.. Remember Leeds..? Was watching a YT on Mark Viduka the other day - great striker and Leeds were so strong - then wham... gone

Any wonder considering they had Ridsdale running the club. Some mad stories from that time their, from Ridsdales exotic fish to the Seth Johnson contract negotiations .

skyebo
6th November 2020, 09:13 PM
Any wonder considering they had Ridsdale running the club. Some mad stories from that time their, from Ridsdales exotic fish to the Seth Johnson contract negotiations .

Ridsdale was on the tv not long ago, he's at another club now, forget which one. He was a big noise at Ideal World when they opened up their tv channel.

Insidious
6th November 2020, 09:20 PM
Ha ha, good point, Just goes to show how quickly it can go down hill. I was thinking of the Hodgson era.

Even 6 years or so ago.

......................Mignolet

Manquillo...Toure......Skrtel....Moreno

.........................Lucas

.............Can.............Allen

Markovic........Borini.........Lallana

Not sure any of that makes our squad these days, nevermind our bench.

We are strong.

fagin
6th November 2020, 09:25 PM
I'm taking Klopp at his word that Firmino will be in the team Sunday so for me that puts Jota to the bench

ianlfc
6th November 2020, 09:28 PM
Ridsdale was on the tv not long ago, he's at another club now, forget which one. He was a big noise at Ideal World when they opened up their tv channel.

The mad thing was he had a cracking team at Leeds all young British, Irish and Harry Kewell with O'Leary managing getting really good results. I remember them beating us easily one New years day at Anfield and coming out of the Kop thinking they were really good.

ianlfc
6th November 2020, 09:29 PM
Even 6 years or so ago.

We are strong.

Don't you ever post that team again !!
I've just had shivers down my spine looking at that, where would you even start.

skyebo
6th November 2020, 09:36 PM
We signed the wrong Toure.

Kev0909
6th November 2020, 10:30 PM
You need to be careful mate, you're bordering on RC cuntishness .

Topic about Jota, which indirectly involves firmino (most likely) Which I shall give my opinion on because it's either one or the other in my eyes.

And jota is obviously playing x10 better at the moment

I just hope in firmino's form, and nearly giving a goal to atalanta by losing the ball twice in our own half it doesn't cost us against city, because they will punish us.

maybe he'll have a blinder who knows we can only pray

It's insane to drop him, insane but whatever.

dicko1969
6th November 2020, 10:43 PM
Does it need a poll lol

FB / twitter muppets do this kind of shite.

50/50

One side Firmino and the press

Or 2

Jota and the fast counter.

It's up to klopp tbh.

Insidious
7th November 2020, 12:01 AM
Don't you ever post that team again !!
I've just had shivers down my spine looking at that, where would you even start.

It's the sort of side that needs looked at once in a while - it puts things like having a couple of injured players out into perspective big time.

RedNoodle
7th November 2020, 12:11 AM
Does it need a poll lol

FB / twitter muppets do this kind of shite.

50/50

One side Firmino and the press

Or 2

Jota and the fast counter.

It's up to klopp tbh.

You should make sure you read/understand the question fully before passing judgement. I asked if people think Jota will start i.e do they think Klopp will start him, not who they would start.

Kev0909
7th November 2020, 12:22 AM
You should make sure you read/understand the question fully before passing judgement. I asked if people think Jota will start i.e do they think Klopp will start him, not who they would start.

Well it's only natural to think it's one or the other

So maybe not directly but if jota starts you'd think firmino won't and vice-versa

unless you expect Origi to start?

RedNoodle
7th November 2020, 01:28 AM
Well it's only natural to think it's one or the other

So maybe not directly but if jota starts you'd think firmino won't and vice-versa

unless you expect Origi to start?

Of course it's one of the other, but that's not what I asked. I'm not sure you are grasping what I'm asking either, and/or what a poll is.

Joetan991
7th November 2020, 02:28 AM
Even 6 years or so ago.

We are strong.
Skrtel had a good game still Vs man United in CL 🤣

Nineteenx
7th November 2020, 03:22 AM
He starts all day long for me

Balinkay
8th November 2020, 04:31 PM
Well, I all youse nonbelievers - BOW TO OUR SUPERIOR KNOWLEDGE!!! :D

Jesus, I didn't see this comming. Guess we'll try to outgun them. We don't have much choice considering the defence mind you.

Matip won't be up to speed sadly.

skyebo
8th November 2020, 04:32 PM
Matip and Gomez together, god help us. I can't see Salah in midfield like the BBC have it, it will either be Diogo or Mane.

Kev0909
8th November 2020, 04:35 PM
can't see any of them being in MC

Surely it's 4-2-1-3

Firmino playing AMC/going back into midfield

ianlfc
8th November 2020, 07:36 PM
we should've brought him on.

dicko1969
9th November 2020, 07:19 PM
It was an old fashioned 442 at certain parts of the game in the 1st half.