PDA

View Full Version : Footie prices

Balinkay
7th November 2020, 01:22 PM
Fucking hell - was at one of the larger sports stores over here yesterday looking for new sneakers.

They had the new LFC kit on show (paraded with Thiago's name, naturally, think they love him here quite a bit). Just the damned shirt was 90 Euro! Not even the proper one! The replica one without all the cool patterns. This one had solid red. No name on it either. For a proper shirt (even the non-patterned one) with a name and PL badges you're looking at 100 Euro.

Toss in the shorts - that's another 40-50 if you want a number on them... what the heck man.

I remember getting a PL badged Stevie G shirt + shorts for 85 Euro back in highschool... talk about inflation.

How are kids meant to afford this stuff?

Have ticket prices also been rising this quickly?

ianlfc
7th November 2020, 01:59 PM
you lost me at sneakers 😁😁

Kev0909
7th November 2020, 02:10 PM

CCTV
7th November 2020, 02:34 PM

Are you a runners or trainers fella ?

justme
7th November 2020, 02:35 PM

Clogs

RedNoodle
7th November 2020, 03:26 PM
Fucking hell - was at one of the larger sports stores over here yesterday looking for new sneakers.

They had the new LFC kit on show (paraded with Thiago's name, naturally, think they love him here quite a bit). Just the damned shirt was 90 Euro! Not even the proper one! The replica one without all the cool patterns. This one had solid red. No name on it either. For a proper shirt (even the non-patterned one) with a name and PL badges you're looking at 100 Euro.

Toss in the shorts - that's another 40-50 if you want a number on them... what the heck man.

I remember getting a PL badged Stevie G shirt + shorts for 85 Euro back in highschool... talk about inflation.

How are kids meant to afford this stuff?

Have ticket prices also been rising this quickly?

The same way they have for a very long time i.e. by putting pressure on their parents to get it for them, often by complaining that they have old, damaged stuff, and as a result their friends are ripping the pee out of them.

Balinkay
7th November 2020, 03:43 PM
I tell you, this "having kids" malarkey sounds like a fuckton of work. :D

redebreck
7th November 2020, 04:05 PM
Kids cause bankruptcy.
Fact.

ianlfc
7th November 2020, 06:50 PM

trainers, obviously!!

ianlfc
7th November 2020, 06:53 PM
@ Bali, 85 Euros, in Bulgaria ? I thought you could've bought the shop for that !!

Balinkay
7th November 2020, 07:19 PM
@ Bali, 85 Euros, in Bulgaria ? I thought you could've bought the shop for that !!

Somebody's seen "Eurotrip". Not far off tbh. :D

After all this time I still feel slightly bad when I go out to dinner over here and calculate the cost in the BG currency...

As for the kit - I ordered it online - wasn't sure where to even go about finding one with the proper badging and naming.

How do the parents on here deal with this shite? Not a cheap hobby football these days... What does it cost for a kid to train in at local club over there anyway?

Kev0909
7th November 2020, 07:28 PM
Balinkay is totally a full kit wanker

ianlfc
7th November 2020, 08:08 PM
Somebody's seen "Eurotrip". Not far off tbh. :D

After all this time I still feel slightly bad when I go out to dinner over here and calculate the cost in the BG currency...

As for the kit - I ordered it online - wasn't sure where to even go about finding one with the proper badging and naming.

How do the parents on here deal with this shite? Not a cheap hobby football these days... What does it cost for a kid to train in at local club over there anyway?

Paying for a football kit is buttons,compared to when they turn 17 and looking to drive .

Balinkay
7th November 2020, 08:41 PM
Balinkay is totally a full kit wanker

I am! Only ever wear it when actually playing though.