PDA

View Full Version : Your team v Atalanta II - (Champion's League group)

Insidious
8th November 2020, 07:58 PM
...........................Alisson

Williams.....Matip........Gomez......Robertson

........................Henderson

................Jones.............Wijnaldum

.....Mane...........Salah...........Jota

Assuming Thiago and Trent aren't fit. Loads of time until the game due to the break so may amend my line-up.

Honestly would be happy with most combos, including the inclusion of Firmino.

CCTV
8th November 2020, 08:04 PM
Milner at right back for me, or else Gomez at RB and William's playing with Matip at CB.

I'd keep the front 3 as they were

Salah Jota Mane

Wouldn't be shock if Bobby starts at 9 with one of the others getting a rest.

Win it and we're qualified and group toppers (might not be mathematically so) !!

stevie harkness
8th November 2020, 08:11 PM
We'll defo top the group if we draw both our matches with Atalanta and Ajax.

miller0863
8th November 2020, 08:12 PM
Milner was excellent when he came on today

Nineteenx
8th November 2020, 08:33 PM
Erm, isn't the Leicester game first?

CCTV
8th November 2020, 08:50 PM
It is :D

Sid you bollox :D

justme
8th November 2020, 08:51 PM
Theres an international break then Leicester.. apart from that carry on!

Insidious
22nd November 2020, 09:37 PM
Unlikely to see Keita for this one - his time on International duty probably didn't help.

Would be surprised if we see him play more than once a week (in a Red shirt) going forward. Too prone to muscular injury.

Nineteenx
22nd November 2020, 10:47 PM
Alisson

Milner Matip Fabinho Robertson

Jones Henderson Wijnaldum

Jota Firmino Mane

Thiago can't be far away, not sure Hendo will make it or Jurgen will start Fabinho again as he's just back, might start Rhys Williams again, not sure if Mo is eligible to play yet, don't think he is, good steady start in this one, them bum them into oblivion and get Robbo and 4 others off early

miller0863
22nd November 2020, 10:56 PM
Was worried about our midfield today but they were all excellent. First thing Millie did when he went into the middle was play Sadio in on goal, what a player.

Nineteenx
22nd November 2020, 11:06 PM
Was worried about our midfield today but they were all excellent. First thing Millie did when he went into the middle was play Sadio in on goal, what a player.

I have Millie at RB because Neco is nowhere near ready, when Phillips got an unexpected opportunity he had a brilliant game, because he kept it simple and communicated well, with some players I really do wonder what the fuck is going on with our coaching team, when you've seen Neco piss about trying to be a fancy Dan on the edge of our box and nearly getting robbed or getting robbed in pretty much eveyr game he's had an opportunity and think, "They'll sort him out, one of the coaches will tell him" then he does it again todsy

Nineteenx
22nd November 2020, 11:11 PM

Midfield were excellent, Gini was immense, took on Hendo's role, organised everyone in the press, took charge, he lacks in his passing from there from what Hendo gives us, but he orchestrated the press really well, he's my 2nd choice for No6 after Hendo. I was really please with all the communication from all the players today. It's never good having injuries, but it'd be worse if the crowds were in, as it is it's a good opportunity for players to get bedded in and organsied/drilled by the senior first team regulars what's required of them, because they can actually hear each other

reddownunder
23rd November 2020, 10:53 AM
With so many injuries already I would be very cautious with those who have either played a lot minutes, are carrying niggles or are made of biscuits.

Alisson
N Williams Matip R Williams Tsimikas
Jones Milner Minamino
Shaq Origi Jota

I'd swap Matip for Fabinho at half time

Adrian Robertson Fabinho Clarkson Wijnaldum Mane Firmino

Steveo
23rd November 2020, 11:44 AM
I kinda agree BUT worry that by spreading ourselves thin the defence in each half - the risk of muscle injury is heightened. Could see both Matip & and Fab covering more ground to compensate over a 45 minute period than is ideal.

CCTV
23rd November 2020, 02:37 PM
I'd start the same 11 as v Leicester.

Guessing Keita is out, but I'd go with the strongest 11, get the win and 12/12 points then 2 games left for the kids etc.

faridtoxteth
23rd November 2020, 05:54 PM
Very hard to call this one, who can play twice a week, who is coming back from injury.
As we are very close to already qualifying and it's at anfield I would put Tsimikas in for Robbo, seeing as we have a manic december and he almost did his hamstring playing for scotland.
Next weeks league game is more important than this game in my opinion So try to rest Milner, and maybe even Matip. Don't know if Rhys Williams is fit yet. Maybe try out Fab alongside Billy the kid.
Surely Thiago has got to come in now. Him and Henderson and Curtis Jones would be a tasty midfield.

Insidious
23rd November 2020, 06:12 PM
With so many injuries already I would be very cautious with those who have either played a lot minutes, are carrying niggles or are made of biscuits.

Massive dilemma for sure.

The crux of the issue really comes down to the "when" of resting players. If we can sink Atalanta we are qualified from our group, which would give us TWO European games where we can play very heavily rotated sides. Some may be tempted by fielding "50/50" teams in the remaining 3 European games with a view to hoping we would win one of them, but for me I'd play as strong a side as we realistically can (though I might not okay Matip due to injury record) so we can get the job done and "buy" rotation chances further down the line.

Balinkay
23rd November 2020, 07:04 PM
Any chance we just throw out the U12s?

We'll manage to beat the Danes, so we should be good to win the group anyway.

Not sure it's the right time to do this now, but it might be necessary...

RedNoodle
23rd November 2020, 07:35 PM
Any chance we just throw out the U12s?

We'll manage to beat the Danes, so we should be good to win the group anyway.

Not sure it's the right time to do this now, but it might be necessary...

The U21's? Maybe. The U12's? I think that's going a bit too far.

miller0863
23rd November 2020, 08:04 PM
Thought Curtis Jones played a much more mature and developed game yesterday, ran out of steam a bit in the last 10 but that’s not surprising under the circumstances. Much better effort by him all round and still more to come.

miller0863
23rd November 2020, 08:38 PM
Just to back that last comment up

During the 90 minutes, Jones made nine ball recoveries (including one vital one, winning possession back from Jamie Vardy ), and posted an impressive 91 per cent pass accuracy - the kind of numbers that Wijnaldum posts from the same number eight position.

As Theo Squires said on the Blood Red podcast : "Jones is 19, but it feels like he is 23 or 24. He is so mature and he is playing years ahead of what you would expect.

Balinkay
23rd November 2020, 09:13 PM
Oh wow, I genuinely didn't know he was only 19.

Kev0909
25th November 2020, 07:57 PM
big rotation

A Ramses Becker
N Williams
R Williams
J Matip
K Tsimikas
C Jones
J Milner (c)
G Wijnaldum
M Salah
D Origi
S Mané

southernboy
25th November 2020, 07:59 PM
#LFC line up: Alisson, N. Williams, R. Williams, Matip, Tsimikas, Milner, Wijnaldum, Jones, Mane, Salah, Origi.

Subs: Adrian, Kelleher, Fabinho, Firmino, Minamino, Jota, Robertson, Cain, Clarkson, Koumetio.

I really hope that we are not under estimating Atalanta. I would love to get the job finished tonight and rest some players in the remaining games.

stevie harkness
25th November 2020, 08:09 PM
I doubt we are underestimating them. Klopp says he expects them to cause problems.

Good to see Robertson getting a rest and Tsimikas getting a start.

Perhaps we'll see Fabinho for Matip at half time as someone suggested.

Perhaps Allison will get a rest at some point judging by the bench.

CCTV
25th November 2020, 08:13 PM
3 pints minimum :)

justincredible
25th November 2020, 08:20 PM
3 pints minimum :)

Cans....

Nineteenx
25th November 2020, 08:21 PM
Team confirmed:

Alisson

N.Williams R.Williams Matip Tsimikas

Jones Wijnaldum Milner

Salah Origi Mane

Jurgen taking a huge risk with this line up, when he could have started stronger and look to put the game and qualifiaction to bed and THEN rested players

Communication, communication, communication, communication

Good steady start, them bum them into oblivion

Come on come on come ON Liverpool, come the fucking FUCK on Liverpool, get the win and another vital 3 points here tonight

Kev0909
25th November 2020, 08:21 PM
Klopp just wants to see goals

miller0863
25th November 2020, 08:35 PM
Neco Williams needs to step it up, he’s been poor so far.

miller0863
25th November 2020, 08:38 PM
Is Thiago the new Aquilani??

faridtoxteth
25th November 2020, 08:44 PM

What exactly is his injury?
Very frustrating. (probably for him too)
How close are Jordan and Ox, ?

miller0863
25th November 2020, 08:47 PM
What confuses me is Thiago carried playing and playing very well after the injury and he’s running and training but not with the main group.

faridtoxteth
25th November 2020, 08:50 PM
What confuses me is Thiago carried playing and playing very well after the injury and he’s running and training but not with the main group.

Is this the injury he picked up against Everton? Because in that game he even carried on playing after the injury and managed even to make that no look pass for the goal that was wrongly disallowed.

justme
25th November 2020, 08:50 PM
Jut logged on to see the starting 11. Looks like we are playing more of a reserve team. Which i agree with..I think we need our best 11 for Saturday.

Nineteenx
25th November 2020, 11:16 PM

Fast improving?

miller0863
25th November 2020, 11:19 PM
Ghost player

Kev0909
25th November 2020, 11:27 PM
Ghost player

you're onto thiago already but not going to mention Ox??

Blame that everton cunt not thiago

miller0863
25th November 2020, 11:31 PM
I’m only wondering where the fuck he is Kev, just like everyone else. I’ve said many a time Ox could go for me, that doesn’t alter the fact Thiago managed to play on perfectly well after the Richarleson challenge and despite the fact he’s been training ever since he’s not training with the team and there’s still no news.
It’s a perfectly valid point

Kev0909
25th November 2020, 11:35 PM
I’m only wondering where the fuck he is Kev, just like everyone else. I’ve said many a time Ox could go for me, that doesn’t alter the fact Thiago managed to play on perfectly well after the Richarleson challenge and despite the fact he’s been training ever since he’s not training with the team and there’s still no news.
It’s a perfectly valid point

Yes it is a bit strange, but obviously the injury hit him afterwards more, and was more than a little "knock"

Ox has been seen training for ages and where is he??

Keita=Aquilani

miller0863
25th November 2020, 11:49 PM
Too many of them unfortunately.

Kev0909
26th November 2020, 12:05 AM
Too many of them unfortunately.

Oh I agree we need a big clear-out and reinvest the money into a Fit CM/CB

ianlfc
26th November 2020, 11:10 AM
Players get injuries some more than others. I don't mind as long as when they do play,they play well . Like Shaq has in his few cameos.

justme
27th November 2020, 07:57 AM
Not sure if its been mentioned elsewhere but the final game of the group vs the Danes is going to be played at Dortmund

Insidious
27th November 2020, 09:04 AM
Oh I agree we need a big clear-out and reinvest the money into a Fit CM/CB

Speaking of fit Midfielders, if Wijnaldum leaves he will be a massive, massive loss.

ianlfc
27th November 2020, 09:15 AM
Speaking of fit Midfielders, if Wijnaldum leaves he will be a massive, massive loss.

Plus he's very rarely injured.

teesred
27th November 2020, 10:20 AM
Not sure if its been mentioned elsewhere but the final game of the group vs the Danes is going to be played at Dortmund

Have they played their other home games at Dortmund?

justme
27th November 2020, 01:18 PM
Have they played their other home games at Dortmund?

Just googled and it said FC Midtjylland played their game against Ajax at home.

justme
27th November 2020, 01:34 PM
Forget all that :D its back in Denmark now