PDA

View Full Version : Your team v Leicester

Insidious
8th November 2020, 09:31 PM
So apparently I'm an idiot, which 60% of the time is right every time.

Anyway - Leicester is before Atalanta. Ironic that my friend and I call a mistake an "oh Brendan" - a 4-0 would be nice here.

..........................Alisson

Milner........Matip........Gomez......Robertson

........................Henderson

.............Shaqiri................Wijnaldum

....Salah...........Jota...........Mane

City play Spurs in the other fixture if memory serves, so a victory here would be particularly useful.

Nineteenx
8th November 2020, 09:57 PM
Alisson

Trent Matip Gomez Robertson

Thiago Henderson Wijnaldum

Salah Firmino/Jota Mane

Hopefully it's a minor tweak and Trent's back, but Jurgen won't take any unnecessary risks which is exactly as it should be, in which case Millie at RB all day long

Torn on Jota and Bobby, I thought in our 433 with Jota operating as the more attacking mid from RCM in our game v UAE FC Bobby linked play very well, held the ball up and released players for transitions through attempted tight presses, which is what we face a lot more of v other good sides, against sides that simply play 4 or 5 at the back and 5 or 4 in midfield and congest those areas Bobby has been largely ineffectual this season, he hasn't however had the opportunity of playing in such games with Hendo, Gini and Thiago in midfield in such games.

For the games in which teams look to flood midfield and Bobby is crowded out and rendered ineffectual I think that might very well change with Thiago in the team, Firstly, Bobby's runs deeper than Mo and Mane will almost certainly open up the kind of gaps that Thiago has made a career of threading balls through taking 4 or 5 opposition players out of the game, Jota's excellent movement is a little different to Bobby's because of how we've used Bobby in our 433 for so long and could have the same effect.

I do feel Bobby is more of a forward who will drop off and make a movement to be available for a short ball from Thiago, moving one or two opposition midfielders, giving it straight back to Thiago to instantly play another pass releasing either other forward or either full back.

We need Thiago to have a run of games with Hendo and Gini to see how it all works out in my opinion

Given Jota's incredible start and Bobby's longevity of incredible selfless contribution, I think maybe Bobby should start and be given the opportunity with Thiago, Hendo and Gini in our midfield 3, given Jota's excellent start, I think having such a player to bring from the bench who has already scored huge goals from the bench and scored heavily in his first few appearances will have a positive affect for us on teams trying to cling on for dear life in unsettling and unnerving them

Insidious
14th November 2020, 11:48 PM
This is shaping up to be one of those matches where a hard-fought win with a depleted squad could act as a whetstone to our skilfully attuned psychological blade.

Keeping pace at the top with this one and getting a good result against Atalanta opens doors for much-needed rest/rotation. Just get it done lads.

CCTV
15th November 2020, 01:21 AM
Whose available for the game at present?

skyebo
15th November 2020, 02:44 AM
Alisson
Williams N
Matip
Philips
Robertson
Henderson
Thiago
Wijnaldum
Shaqiri
Firmino
Mane

Adrian Milner Williams R Jones Minamino
Origi Diogo

Insidious
15th November 2020, 09:21 AM
Whose available for the game at present?

I would ideally say "check the Covid/Injury thread" but it has had a bit of a drunken wobble and is throwing up in the Nightclub toilets.

At least it isn't the Covid thread - that's 197 pages of being paraletic up behind the Nightclub bins having had a bottle of Vodka every day for 3 weeks :lol:

ianlfc
15th November 2020, 03:24 PM
If Robbo is injured could we have the Greek fella and Milner as our full backs ?

CCTV
15th November 2020, 03:44 PM
I would ideally say "check the Covid/Injury thread" but it has had a bit of a drunken wobble and is throwing up in the Nightclub toilets.

At least it isn't the Covid thread - that's 197 pages of being paraletic up behind the Nightclub bins having had a bottle of Vodka every day for 3 weeks :lol:

Well if the lads give a half-arsed drunken performance v Leicester we can say you led by example.
A snappy v Thread would have curated all the relative info, pondered the permutations and given a shot of optimism for the various selections and formations.

If Robbo is injured could we have the Greek fella and Milner as our full backs ?

Could well see it, he might start Williams imo.

faridtoxteth
15th November 2020, 06:05 PM
What is the news from the Brasil squad,? one of them tested positive. I think another spell out for Alison would be the worst of all possible worlds for us at te moment.

jozza800
16th November 2020, 09:39 AM
Looks like we'll be doing well to put out a 5-aside team at this rate!

Allison
Williams - Matip - Phillips - Tsimikis
Mane - Wij - Henderson - Shaqiri
Jota - Firmino

Balinkay
16th November 2020, 09:41 AM
The Fabulous One and Thiago should be back iirc.

scientificred
16th November 2020, 09:57 AM
Henderson may have picked up an injury.
Substituted at half-time complaining of a tightness.

Insidious
16th November 2020, 10:22 AM
A snappy v Thread would have curated all the relative info, pondered the permutations and given a shot of optimism for the various selections and formations.

I hear ye :lol:

Didn't see the point in all that given the rate of injury as no sooner would I list available players than one would get injured on International duty.

Henderson may miss this one but we will find out more in due course presumably.

CCTV
16th November 2020, 11:40 AM
Looks like we'll be doing well to put out a 5-aside team at this rate!

I hear ye :lol:

Didn't see the point in all that given the rate of injury as no sooner would I list available players than one would get injured on International duty.

Henderson may miss this one but we will find out more in due course presumably.

Aye, will Firmino be self isolating ?

eggy81
16th November 2020, 12:25 PM
No point in panicking. This is gonna be a fractured inconsistent season for everyone. May accept that it'll be tight at the top. There'll be points dropped. In a lot of ways it'll be more interesting than last season. Be a great one to come out on top of.

skyebo
16th November 2020, 01:46 PM
Henderson may have picked up an injury.
Substituted at half-time complaining of a tightness.

I don't know how he managed to get injured, like most of the team he did very little. Grealish was the only one who came out of it with any credit.

Steveo
16th November 2020, 02:36 PM
I don't know how he managed to get injured, like most of the team he did very little. Grealish was the only one who came out of it with any credit.

'Mileage' is a factor - As with Fabinho, Trent - even Gomez & Robbo. The more miles you clock up without enough pause - the more likely you are to suffer from any type of injury. It can result in a loss of form too - see Bobby.

IMO Henderson has been on the edge since the season began. As I have mentioned before the only surprise is that these injuries/strains didn't happen sooner and more sporadically.

vin
16th November 2020, 03:14 PM
'Mileage' is a factor - As with Fabinho, Trent - even Gomez & Robbo. The more miles you clock up without enough pause - the more likely you are to suffer from any type of injury. It can result in a loss of form too - see Bobby.

IMO Henderson has been on the edge since the season began. As I have mentioned before the only surprise is that these injuries/strains didn't happen sooner and more sporadically.

Not sure that stacks up - surely the suspension for COVID for nearly 3 months would've helped with that? They were doing light training via Zoom for nearly all of that time

And then you look at the injuries:

- VVD was a shit challenge
- Gomez is injury prone. He missed lots of games over the past two or three seasons
- Matip - similar to Gomez.
- Trent - Possibly due to the reasons you state
- Fab - hamstring, very common injury. He also missed a few games last season due to an injury

Out of all of them, you could argue Trent's injury is due to constant use. Hendo also pick up his fair share of niggles. Hard to say that all of them are due to this.

Steveo
16th November 2020, 04:00 PM
No - the Covid break was the same for everyone. What wasn’t was the lack of rotation for our first team players from the first CL final until last Spring - many of whom are now displaying classic signs of fatigue.

I was talking about this well over a year ago - Late summer 2019.

We know that certain players - Matip, Gomez the Ox, Shaq and Keita are frequently not fit - so when people cite our squad depth these players are skewing things. The usual suspects have been over used over a prolonged period. I believe it is all part of an attempt to get the most from the least.

I don’t have the stats BUT it would be interesting to compare the number of games our core first team players have averaged over the last 2/3 seasons versus our rivals.

LEGS
16th November 2020, 04:12 PM
Player fitness is checked by sports science now so I doubt we are really risking our players that is why Hendo as an example is playing 45 mins of some matches Klopp mentioned it after one game too possibly Ajax away.

Wenger was laughed at years ago for talking about fatigue and players dropping into the red zone but he was years ahead of people in this country and he was correct too.

I guess this season could be classed as a free hit for most teams and it is more acceptable to promote youth we could save a fortune if a few step in and put in solid displays.

vin
16th November 2020, 04:34 PM
Maybe I'm being simplistic but won't a 3 month break have helped?

skyebo
16th November 2020, 04:53 PM
Klopp knows what he's doing. He wouldn't run players into the ground, how would that benefit anyone, least of all the players. The fact that the front 3 have continually played year on year is because he knows they are capable. In any case, all 3 of them rarely play the whole games as they get subbed, obviously that must be all the rest they need.

Steveo
16th November 2020, 04:54 PM
Maybe I'm being simplistic but won't a 3 month break have helped?

Naturally I think it would have helped all players across the board to have that break. BUT it was a break from the game altogether, for all players regardless of miles clocked up. And since the restart and new season it has come back with a vengeance.

Also damage done isn't automatically healed by stopping or pausing for a bit. The point is more about mileage over a period of time. Strain. I am suggesting lasting damage to muscles and ligaments occurs when they are overused. This is why I like that we have Jota. We can rotate players in that front line now.

I know humans are not the same but if I drive my car into the ground and then park it up for 3 months it isn't automatically fine again. Parts will be worn and need replacing. Sadly people are not like cars - you can't replace a knee or a thigh.

Steveo
16th November 2020, 04:59 PM
Klopp knows what he's doing. He wouldn't run players into the ground, how would that benefit anyone, least of all the players. The fact that the front 3 have continually played year on year is because he knows they are capable. In any case, all 3 of them rarely play the whole games as they get subbed, obviously that must be all the rest they need.

Klopp knows what he is doing alright - but he can only do what he can with the players he has got. You cite the front 3 - well he supplemented that 3 with Jota - a little overdue but we got away with it last season. Same can't be said for the defence.

We are going to have to rely on Williams and Phillips now - let's hope they can step up

vin
16th November 2020, 05:07 PM
Naturally I think it would have helped all players across the board to have that break. BUT it was a break from the game altogether, for all players regardless of miles clocked up. And since the restart and new season it has come back with a vengeance.

Also damage done isn't automatically healed by stopping or pausing for a bit. The point is more about mileage over a period of time. Strain. I am suggesting lasting damage to muscles and ligaments occurs when they are overused. This is why I like that we have Jota. We can rotate players in that front line now.

I know humans are not the same but if I drive my car into the ground and then park it up for 3 months it isn't automatically fine again. Parts will be worn and need replacing. Sadly people are not like cars - you can't replace a knee or a thigh.

You can't compare cars to humans.

I recognize that the break was for all players. I don't see how that makes a difference? The season came back with approximately 2 to 3 games per week - and then we went into another short break.

I guess this comes down to how bodies recuperate and heal. I'm not saying it isn't a factor - all I'm saying is that I only think it's a factor for Trent and maybe Robbo.

skyebo
16th November 2020, 05:07 PM
Klopp knows what he is doing alright - but he can only do what he can with the players he has got. You cite the front 3 - well he supplemented that 3 with Jota - a little overdue but we got away with it last season. Same can't be said for the defence.

We are going to have to rely on Williams and Phillips now - let's hope they can step up

We have been very unlucky regarding injuries at the back, but when they are all fit, there are 5 options in that position. You can't blame the club for not signing anyone in the summer. Hindsight's a wonderful thing. People blame the international breaks when someone gets injured away from club duty, but Fabinho was injured in the CL, and Van Dijk in the derby. They can happen at any time in any competition.

vin
16th November 2020, 05:17 PM
We have been very unlucky regarding injuries at the back, but when they are all fit, there are 5 options in that position. You can't blame the club for not signing anyone in the summer. Hindsight's a wonderful thing. People blame the international breaks when someone gets injured away from club duty, but Fabinho was injured in the CL, and Van Dijk in the derby. They can happen at any time in any competition.

All I would say is that we've known that our defence is reliant a lot on VVD. We should have looked to bring in some cover especially once we let Lovren go. We are reliant on 2 injury prone CB's and a midfielder for cover.

skyebo
16th November 2020, 05:32 PM
All I would say is that we've known that our defence is reliant a lot on VVD. We should have looked to bring in some cover especially once we let Lovren go. We are reliant on 2 injury prone CB's and a midfielder for cover.

I'm pretty sure someone will come in next window. If not, then he must be putting his faith and trust in Williams and Philips, see how either gets on playing a run of games, rather than one every so often.

Steveo
16th November 2020, 05:37 PM

But we haven't been unlucky at all mate. Not over the last 2/3 seasons - quite the opposite in fact. We have been very fortunate for so long with injuries that certain posters even proclaimed our data analysts as geniuses for targeting players seemingly immune to such human foibles.

What has been unfortunate are the injuries that would - more realistically-have happened earlier and more sporadically. It is a bummer that these are occurring all at the same time. I am simply giving a suggestion as to why.

Also on the 5 options? Matip? how often is he fit? Even Gomez has a long history of injury some long term. So where are these 5 options? Remember Lovren is gone.. Are you including Fabinho..? Sure why not throw in Hendo and even Milner too..?

Further forward people will count the Ox, Shaq and Keita but again - none of these players are reliably fit enough of the time - even Milner is getting on, quite obvious he is purely there for emergencies. It doesn't matter how many names are reeled off - the proof is in the pudding. Unless someone is really struggling for fitness - Klopp plays pretty much the same team.

We have plenty of players - that is for sure but we need plenty more of them to be plenty more dependable and we STILL don't have a genuine partner for Virgil - let alone a deputy.

Jones looks to have usurped Keita and with luck Thiago will be fit to play a game or two..:D
Hopefully we go on to win a remarkable 20th league title - the mentality Klopp has instilled is off the charts BUT it would be against all odds in truth.

Seems a bit sad to say that. after winning by nearly 20 points last season. I know some of you cannot handle anything that isn't rose tinted and super positive - but there it is.

vin
16th November 2020, 05:41 PM
Phillips was on his way. His transfer fell through. I think they've assessed him and reached the conclusion that at 23 - he would be unlikely to make it at the club. I mean this could be a series of amazing events that lead him to become a CB in the squad. I don't see it. I do think Williams looks a more likely candidate but even then this is earlier than we would have planned

vin
16th November 2020, 05:44 PM

But that's the thing. Only VVD out of the CB wasn't injury prone. Both Gomez and Matip are. Fab was injured for a decent spell last season too. Shaq, Ox, Hendo, Keita are all prone to injury. Even Ali in goals.

My point is around why injuries occur. I disagree with Steveo on his view but agree that we lack depth because the depth comes from players who are regularly injured.

Steveo
16th November 2020, 05:44 PM

This is probably a shorter and more succinct version of my down in the dumps account.

Steveo
16th November 2020, 05:49 PM
You can't compare cars to humans.

I recognize that the break was for all players. I don't see how that makes a difference? The season came back with approximately 2 to 3 games per week - and then we went into another short break.

I guess this comes down to how bodies recuperate and heal. I'm not saying it isn't a factor - all I'm saying is that I only think it's a factor for Trent and maybe Robbo.

Possibly - no way to really tell. but some of these guys have put their bodies through an awful lot these last few seasons. Klopp demands such intensity from players.. Perhaps a pointer to the lack of fellow Germans willing to come and play for him..?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1970846-borussia-dortmund-jurgen-klopp-to-blame-for-lack-of-squad-depth

vin
16th November 2020, 05:54 PM
Possibly - no way to really tell. but some of these guys have put their bodies through an awful lot these last few seasons. Klopp demands such intensity from players.. Perhaps a pointer to the lack of fellow Germans willing to come and play for him..?

Yeah but them Germans are known to be a bit lazy tbh......

I did try and pull together a comparison of appearances for the last 3 seasons but can't get a succinct list that includes Europe and Cup games. So booted it off. Doesn't really matter in the end. It's all fucking Pickfords fault

Insidious
16th November 2020, 06:10 PM
I'm pretty sure someone will come in next window. If not, then he must be putting his faith and trust in Williams and Philips, see how either gets on playing a run of games, rather than one every so often.

May not be the worst thing.

We're good enough to get Top Four and possibly even the Title without Gomez and Van Dijk, so if those players were used and we were able to get a little cash for them, it would benefit us long-term in terms of bolstering the squad in future, ideally with a robust player or two.

Big fan of the likes of Ox, Keita, Matip, Shaqiri but you'd much rather have two "Milners" or two "Ginis" (rarely injured, may not be 10/10 all the time but almost always 7 or 8/10) than 4 players that often aren't available and/or blow hot and cold.

RedNoodle
16th November 2020, 06:14 PM
RedNoodle

Insidious Skyebo Miller Justme

Nineteenx

CCTV Steveo

Balinkay Kev Ianlfc

skyebo
16th November 2020, 06:14 PM
May not be the worst thing.

We're good enough to get Top Four and possibly even the Title without Gomez and Van Dijk, so if those players were used and we were able to get a little cash for them, it would benefit us long-term in terms of bolstering the squad in future, ideally with a robust player or two.

Big fan of the likes of Ox, Keita, Matip, Shaqiri but you'd much rather have two "Milners" or two "Ginis" (rarely injured, may not be 10/10 all the time but almost always 7 or 8/10) than 4 players that often aren't available and/or blow hot and cold.

The good thing is, we are still up there despite all the injuries. It's still between us and Man city even though other teams are there or thereabouts at the moment. Very early days.

skyebo
16th November 2020, 06:15 PM
RedNoodle

Nineteenx

CCTV Steveo

Balinkay Kev Ianlfc

Haha. If you want a clean sheet don't include me lol

RedNoodle
16th November 2020, 06:22 PM

If in doubt, just boot the ball into row Z.

skyebo
16th November 2020, 06:48 PM
If in doubt, just boot the ball into row Z.

lol

justme
16th November 2020, 07:31 PM
Balinkay and Steveo in the same team? It will be Lee Bowyer and Keiron Dyer all over again..

Insidious
16th November 2020, 07:54 PM

Nineteenx is screening us.

We'll have piss all defensive work to do until he gets sent off for a two-footed one in the 70th-minute having shouted "Quaresmaaaaaa!!!!" in an opposition player's face, by which time Kev will have filled in the space due to being too "negative" and Balinkay+Ian will be available for quick counters if yourself and Miller hoof it long.

Wee buns.

skyebo
16th November 2020, 08:20 PM

We'll have piss all defensive work to do until he gets sent off for a two-footed one in the 70th-minute having shouted "Quaresmaaaaaa!!!!" in an opposition player's face, by which time Kev will have filled in the space due to being too "negative" and Balinkay+Ian will be available for quick counters if yourself and Miller hoof it long.

Wee buns.

He'll refuse to leave the pitch, like Rattin for the Argies in '66 lol

Balinkay
16th November 2020, 08:30 PM
Balinkay and Steveo in the same team? It will be Lee Bowyer and Keiron Dyer all over again..

Bah - with his experience and my bitchiness we can't lose. :D

Steveo
16th November 2020, 08:45 PM
Bah - with his experience and my bitchiness we can't lose. :D

Agreed - and that team would beat the living balls out of any side - anyone could muster.

Tactic the oppo to death - if that failed - we would master debate living shiote out of them - and finally if that was found wanting - we would bum them into oblivion.

Balinkay
16th November 2020, 09:06 PM
"Bum them into oblivion" :D

You know, if I ever decide to come up with a homebrew Warhammer Chapter, that'll be our warcry.

Insidious
16th November 2020, 09:17 PM
"Bum them into oblivion" :D

If Nineteenx makes a craft Beer named this, I'll definitely buy some.

Balinkay
16th November 2020, 09:18 PM

I would too.

And I don't even remotely like beer!

miller0863
16th November 2020, 10:30 PM
Dunno what you’re all on about, it’s the closing line from every one of Klopp’s team talks.

Nineteenx
16th November 2020, 11:48 PM

Wee buns.

How dare you! ;)

I'd actually play at LCB and i wouldn't need a screen

Nineteenx
16th November 2020, 11:54 PM

:D why not!

I'vee actually had a plan for a beer and non pc ads for it for years, the character in the ads being based on the father of a friend of mine called Trevor Hale who dropped his H's and couldn't pronounce his R's like Jonathan Woss only in a broad Lancashire accent

It is to be called "Twevor Ale"

Nineteenx
17th November 2020, 12:05 AM
I didn't post on this because players were dropping like flies in the internationals, at the moment

Allison

Milner Matip Philips Robertson

Jones Wijnaldum Keita

Jota Firmino Mane

Communication communication communication then bum them into oblivion

Steveo
17th November 2020, 10:11 AM
Whoever plays and regardless of whether Mo Salah tests negative on Thursday - he can’t....David Coote will be the VAR....? WTF

justme
17th November 2020, 10:23 AM
Coote is a cheat.. if its a 55/45 in our favour with the VAR he still won't give us it. And he will get away with it. Because its not right to call someone a "cheat"..

justme
17th November 2020, 10:25 AM
I don't trust the Egyptian medical staff either Or anything to do with Egyptian FA . I doubt Salah was ever positive to begin with. (just my opinion)

Steveo
17th November 2020, 10:28 AM
Coote is a cheat.. if its a 55/45 in our favour with the VAR he still won't give us it. And he will get away with it. Because its not right to call someone a "cheat"..

Yes and despite rational thought suggesting it is nuts - it does start to look like somebody at the Premier league has got it in for us.

Our injury plight is well documented and this clown is known for making disastrous decisions.. It is as through there is a concerted effort in place to upset our title defence.

Balinkay
17th November 2020, 12:41 PM
Whoever plays and regardless of whether Mo Salah tests negative on Thursday - he can’t....David Coote will be the VAR....? WTF

What clowns. Honestly.

eggy81
17th November 2020, 01:05 PM
I don't trust the Egyptian medical staff either Or anything to do with Egyptian FA . I doubt Salah was ever positive to begin with. (just my opinion)

I dunno. Cant see how it would have benefitted the Egyptian fa to have him positive either.

teesred
17th November 2020, 01:59 PM
Yes and despite rational thought suggesting it is nuts - it does start to look like somebody at the Premier league has got it in for us.

Our injury plight is well documented and this clown is known for making disastrous decisions.. It is as through there is a concerted effort in place to upset our title defence.

You would hope the club have highlighted this issue but does it make us look like we are just being petty? Personally I think not but I'd doubt the premier league would do the sensible thing and remove him from the equation as it then sets a precedent.
Theres a genuine issue for us as fans, we think hes a cheat and with justification. If anything happens this weekend that's contentious and we dont get it given or it goes against us the issue gets highlighted yet again.

Balinkay
17th November 2020, 02:18 PM
I think they should have just quietly not given him our games for a while 'till we all pipe down. Then gradually start doing it again.

faridtoxteth
17th November 2020, 08:01 PM
I didn't post on this because players were dropping like flies in the internationals, at the moment

Allison

Milner Matip Philips Robertson

Jones Wijnaldum Keita

Jota Firmino Mane

Communication communication communication then bum them into oblivion

I think Fab will be available to play at centre back
and maybe even Thiago

Balinkay
17th November 2020, 09:59 PM
Apparently Thiago and The Fabulous One haven't trained at the new complex...

Steveo
17th November 2020, 10:01 PM
Please say you mean ‘have’...?

Crimson Dynasty
17th November 2020, 10:06 PM

I don't follow your reasoning.

What exactly would be their motive in (falsely?) claiming he tested positive for COVID only to rule him out of a pivotal AFCON game for Egypt that they badly needed to win?

It actually hurt them more than it will hurt us since he missed both their games, and if he tests negative in the next couple of days he stands a good chance of at least being available for the Champions' League game.

Balinkay
17th November 2020, 10:16 PM
Please say you mean ‘have’...?

Sadly I don't.

Steveo
17th November 2020, 10:26 PM
Good lord - that is a worry.
Hopefully they emerge tomorrow, we don’t play till Sunday and will have light training Saturday most likely / so a chance for 3 days of work with the team at Kirkby even if they miss tomorrow.

ianlfc
18th November 2020, 03:26 PM
RedNoodle

Nineteenx

CCTV Steveo

Balinkay Kev Ianlfc

You forgot about Milner being fit. But apart from that it's not looking too bad.

Steveo
18th November 2020, 04:05 PM
Mo just tested positive again for the 3rd time...!!! I might be wrong but does his lay off start again from every positive test? If so - they better stop testing him.

scientificred
18th November 2020, 04:18 PM
Leicester have their fair share of injuries too, especially in defence. Ndidi is also out and Schmeichel got a head knock and may also miss out.

Balinkay
18th November 2020, 04:40 PM
Mo just tested positive again for the 3rd time...!!! I might be wrong but does his lay off start again from every positive test? If so - they better stop testing him.

Yes. He'll apparently miss our game against Atalanta and Brighton (?) for sure. Maybe more depending on future tests.

justme
18th November 2020, 05:04 PM
Ok wrong on this, But salah has has issues with the Egyptian FA when hes playing for Egypt and in a hotel. He gets swamped from fans.. he gets no protection. Then theres been his image rights..and hes also maybe picked for the Olympics in the summer..
Obviously its their choice to do so though. Shame hes got the virus. we'll have to make do without him as well.

skyebo
18th November 2020, 06:39 PM
David Coote has been replaced by Andre Marriner as VAR for sunday.

Balinkay
18th November 2020, 07:02 PM
Good decision for both sides.

ianlfc
18th November 2020, 08:07 PM
Robbo starts tonight for the sweaty socks .

Steveo
18th November 2020, 08:09 PM
Beggars belief.

ianlfc
18th November 2020, 08:10 PM
Beggars belief.

It's that bad we're posting on two threads about it !!

miller0863
18th November 2020, 11:52 PM
Thank heavens for small mercies..

David Coote has been replaced by Andre Marriner as the VAR when Liverpool entertain Leicester City this weekend.

Coote was initially slated to oversee the game from Stockley Park on Sunday evening with Chris Kavanagh taking charge of proceedings at Anfield.

However, Coote has now been taken off duty for the match between the champions and the current league leaders, with Marriner inserted into his place.

It is unclear as to why Coote was replaced, but he will not form part of the match officials for the game when Brendan Rodgers returns to his former club.

teesred
19th November 2020, 07:54 AM
I wonder why hes been replaced? Have the club requested it? Is it due to how it's been highlighted on social media?
It's certainly not for the reasons they have stated surely.

Balinkay
19th November 2020, 08:12 AM
Must be the social media and bad publicity. Think it's for the better tbf - both for him and for us. Give it a bit of time and start giving him our games quietly in a few months.

ianlfc
19th November 2020, 09:10 AM
I wonder why hes been replaced? Have the club requested it? Is it due to how it's been highlighted on social media?
It's certainly not for the reasons they have stated surely.

Hopefully it's because they've finely worked out he's fucking useless.

Steveo
19th November 2020, 10:07 AM
I would wager the real reason is because it could be argued that he would be under pressure to determine a 50/50 in our favour.

If Mariner rules a similar 50/50 against us then it is tougher to make any conspiratorial claims.

It is the right decision however.

Steveo
19th November 2020, 12:38 PM
From the Echo.. And it just gets better and better.

Jordan Henderson Blow

The Times claim Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson will miss the game with Leicester City at the weekend.

Henderson is set to sit out with the groin injury he picked up on international duty for England against Belgium last Sunday.

Liverpool were hopeful Henderson would be available but it is claimed he is likely to miss the game at Anfield.

Is anyone fit? Get Janet from the tea-room warming up please.

justincredible
19th November 2020, 01:06 PM
She phucked off after the furlough debacle.

Balinkay
19th November 2020, 01:43 PM
Curtis Jones ftw I guess.

skyebo
19th November 2020, 02:07 PM
Klopp's introducing up to 8 Academies into the training as injuries pile up.

RedNoodle
19th November 2020, 02:22 PM
I may be as much use as a poundland chocolate teapot, but I'm available if needed. I can't do much in my current state, but the likes of Vardy might think twice about coming within earshot of our goal once I get going about my 23+ medical conditions, and how the NHS is a pile of ****.

It might be the last thing I do, but what the hell. If I've gotta go, I might as well go trying to help out one of the very few things that has provided me with the occasional bit of joy throughout my miserable existence.

skyebo
19th November 2020, 02:24 PM
I may be as much use as a poundland chocolate teapot, but I'm available if needed. I can't do much in my current state, but the likes of Vardy might think twice about coming within earshot of our goal once I get going about my 23+ medical conditions, and how the NHS is a pile of ****.

It might be the last thing I do, but what the hell. If I've gotta go, I might as well go trying to help out one of the very few things that has provided me with the occasional bit of joy throughout my miserable existence.

Whoever guesses his team exactly right, is either psychic or has inside information.

RedNoodle
19th November 2020, 02:27 PM
Whoever guesses his team exactly right, is either psychic or has inside information.

If nothing else, it's certainly going to be interesting to say the least.

skyebo
19th November 2020, 02:32 PM

Indeed Noods.

ianlfc
19th November 2020, 03:02 PM

Jurgens calling all our bluffs they'll all be fit. Hendo, Fab ,Robbo and Thiago They'll all start.

RedNoodle
19th November 2020, 03:05 PM
Jurgens calling all our bluffs they'll all be fit. Hendo, Fab ,Robbo and Thiago They'll all start.

You might be able to get good odds on that being the case. personally I think we'll be lucky if two of those four start.

justme
19th November 2020, 03:11 PM
I think Minamino will start in a front 3.. It all depends on who of Mane or Jota will play on the right.
midfield of Wini Keita and Jones... Milner right back Robbo left back Matip along side Philips.
Then again who bleeding knows :D

southernboy
19th November 2020, 03:16 PM
Klopp's introducing up to 8 Academies into the training as injuries pile up.

The kids really look like... er, kids. Hard to see any of them getting a start any time soon.

https://youtu.be/QHgQlJlNQpI

LEGS
19th November 2020, 04:55 PM
I’d go with.

Alisson
Williams
Matip
Phillips
Robbo
Gini
Milner
Jones
Shaq
Mane
Jota

I’m going on the basis Fabinho Thiago and Hendo are out we need to win the midfield battle and Milner/Gini are grafters.

shminkyred
19th November 2020, 06:03 PM
It don't look that bad......

stevie harkness
19th November 2020, 06:33 PM
Neco has a "knock" and didn't play for Wales last night.

skyebo
19th November 2020, 06:36 PM
It don't look that bad......

No it doesn't, but i think the bench will be pretty weak.

faridtoxteth
19th November 2020, 07:43 PM
Why does everyone think Fabinho is not going to play?. i thought he was back in training.

vin
19th November 2020, 09:14 PM
No it doesn't, but i think the bench will be pretty weak.

5 "regular" players. I think Names on paper can look ok but these guys have not played together. It's a fucking disaster. Avoidable too from the perspective of international injuries.

skyebo
19th November 2020, 09:25 PM
5 "regular" players. I think Names on paper can look ok but these guys have not played together. It's a fucking disaster. Avoidable too from the perspective of international injuries.

Indeed.

Steveo
19th November 2020, 09:47 PM
I know one Fox who will be licking his lips at the prospect of this one. He is more than a handful at the best of times.

skyebo
19th November 2020, 10:20 PM
I know one Fox who will be licking his lips at the prospect of this one. He is more than a handful at the best of times.

I think he has a good record against us too.

teesred
19th November 2020, 10:49 PM

Agree it looks okay on paper but in reality......we'll see.
It's not really avoidable though. Clubs cant stop players going for International footy as much as it infuriates us as fans. Southgate was saying the other day he knows clubs try to put obstacles in the way. Ultimately its up to the individual.
It would be nice to see a player or two say they put club before country and opt out. They'd be fucking lynched in this country though. Imagine the press and fans from the likes of W.ham and Chelsea.
Would take some balls but it would be most welcome as there cant be just us fans that think this way.

vin
19th November 2020, 11:03 PM
Agree it looks okay on paper but in reality......we'll see.
It's not really avoidable though. Clubs cant stop players going for International footy as much as it infuriates us as fans. Southgate was saying the other day he knows clubs try to put obstacles in the way. Ultimately its up to the individual.
It would be nice to see a player or two say they put club before country and opt out. They'd be fucking lynched in this country though. Imagine the press and fans from the likes of W.ham and Chelsea.
Would take some balls but it would be most welcome as there cant be just us fans that think this way.

I meant from the perspective of international football during COVID.

Insidious
20th November 2020, 12:48 AM
Oddly relaxed about this one.

If we get thrashed, we've had that already this season.

If we draw, fine. Injuries aplenty, acceptable result.

If we win, huge testament to squad depth, mentality, resilience etc.

My feelings may change come kick off, but it will be interesting to see what some of our players can do and/or what the limitations are.

Attack may be our best form of defence for a bit. Huge opportunity for Jota.

teesred
20th November 2020, 12:48 AM
I meant from the perspective of international football during COVID.

Ah right. Yes absolutely.

skyebo
20th November 2020, 01:56 AM
I hope whoever plays in defence doesn't get injured as i can't think of anyone who could replace him. Can't remember us being so short of numbers as we are now.

reddownunder
20th November 2020, 08:51 AM
Alisson
Milner Matip Phillips Robertson
Jones Wijnaldum Keita
Jota Firmino Mane

Adrian N Williams Tsimikas Koumetio Shaqiri Minamino Origi

vin
20th November 2020, 10:52 AM
Alisson
Milner Matip Phillips Robertson
Jones Wijnaldum Keita
Jota Firmino Mane

Adrian N Williams Tsimikas Koumetio Shaqiri Minamino Origi

Weren't there rumours about Bobby being infected. And also Keita hasn't been seen training with the 1st team which usually doesn't bode well for the next game

stevie harkness
20th November 2020, 12:25 PM
Keita scored for Guinea on Sunday, looks like he lasted the 90.

Steveo
20th November 2020, 01:59 PM
Klopp’s presser gave little insight apart from Salah - Trent and Hendo are out for shoe-er

teesred
20th November 2020, 02:16 PM
Keita scored for Guinea on Sunday, looks like he lasted the 90.

No reason why he wont be in the squad the, I had no idea he had been on duty. Seems ridiculous to have let him go for that when he hasnt played for us in ages. As if we arent short enough.

teesred
20th November 2020, 02:18 PM
A mate if mine said that Fab and Thiago trained yesterday but not with the others. If they are included it may well be late fitness tests and possibly risky. Might make more sense to leave them out rather than play them and have them out for even longer?
But then again if you're fit- you're fit.

Balinkay
20th November 2020, 03:27 PM
The Fabulous One and Thiago did indeed train alone - saw some photos on tw*tter.

Nineteenx
20th November 2020, 05:15 PM
Alisson

Milner Matip Fabinho Robertson

Keita Thiago Wijnaldum

Jota Firmino Mane

Communication communication communication communication

Good steady start, then bum them into oblivion

vin
20th November 2020, 06:15 PM
Alisson

Keita Thiago Wijnaldum

Jota Firmino Mane

Communication communication communication communication

Good steady start, then bum them into oblivion

TBH - if we can get that team out it would be a bit of a result. Serious lack of pace at the back, and our highline could get ripped apart if Thiago isn't ticking. But rather this than the team posted earlier

Balinkay
20th November 2020, 09:36 PM
https://scontent-muc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/125866365_10158906175483953_1230923230145798409_n. jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=FjzZaqh8USMAX8DM7wq&_nc_ht=scontent-muc2-1.xx&oh=d2376ae564045f4584926287c9769f8f&oe=5FDEDE99

LFC vs PFC
20th November 2020, 10:08 PM
https://scontent-muc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/125866365_10158906175483953_1230923230145798409_n. jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=FjzZaqh8USMAX8DM7wq&_nc_ht=scontent-muc2-1.xx&oh=d2376ae564045f4584926287c9769f8f&oe=5FDEDE99

♬At number 1 is J Milner, at number 2 ooh ooh is J Milner...♬

Kev0909
20th November 2020, 10:54 PM
Alisson

Williams Matip Phillips Robertson

Milner Jones Wijnaldum

Jota Firmino Mane

Assuming fab and thiago won't be rushed and on the bench.

Still not a bad team at all, thank god we have depth for the first time in years

Actually i'll asume keita wont start

Balinkay
20th November 2020, 11:13 PM
That's a very posikev outlook, mate. Think we'll pull a rabbit out of the hat and win it.

miller0863
21st November 2020, 11:26 AM
James Pearce
@JamesPearceLFC
·
22h
Klopp on availability for Sunday: "Hendo not, Trent not, and all the rest we will see. (Thiago/Fabinho) in a good way. All closer but we will see."

Pigsy
21st November 2020, 04:08 PM
No way Thiago plays tomorrow.

CCTV
21st November 2020, 11:52 PM
............Alisson
Milner Philips Matip Robbo
.......Fabinho Gini
...Shaq Firmino Mane
.......Jota

Subs: Adrian, Williams, Tsimikas, Thiago, Jones, Keita, Origi,

skyebo
22nd November 2020, 12:06 AM
............Alisson
Milner Philips Matip Robbo
.......Fabinho Gini
...Shaq Firmino Mane
.......Jota

Subs: Adrian, Williams, Tsimikas, Thiago, Jones, Keita, Origi,

I didn't know Fabinho was anywhere near starting.

miller0863
22nd November 2020, 12:09 AM
James Pearce
@JamesPearceLFC
·
22h
Klopp on availability for Sunday: "Hendo not, Trent not, and all the rest we will see. (Thiago/Fabinho) in a good way. All closer but we will see."

CCTV
22nd November 2020, 12:45 AM
I didn't know Fabinho was anywhere near starting.

Wasnt out for too long, here's hoping hes good to go

justme
22nd November 2020, 07:18 PM
Liverpool: Alisson, Milner, Fabinho, Matip, Robertson, Wijnaldum, Keita, Jones, Jota, Mane, Firmino.

Subs: Adrian, Minamino, Tsimikas, Origi, Phillips, Clarkson, N. Williams.

Insidious
22nd November 2020, 07:23 PM
Would be an absolute treat if Jones and Keita click into the set-up this Evening.

Jota being on it would be useful too.

Attack may be our best form of defence. It's hard to know whether it's best to press higher to cut supply to Vardy and risk the ball over the top, or if we should sit a little deeper and deny him operating room whilst conceding a little possession.

The 4-0 last season was a wonderfully complete performance - we'd do well to achieve half of that tonight.

faridtoxteth
22nd November 2020, 07:24 PM
It will be pretty interesting to see how the front three function, and also that midfield three, Curtis Jones will have to be as good as we know he can. Keita..come on lad, step up.

Nineteenx
22nd November 2020, 07:30 PM
Team confirmed:

Alisson

Jones Wijnaldum Keita

Jota Firmino Mane

Communicaion Communication Communication then bum them into oblivion

Come on come on come ON Liverpool, come the fucking FUCK on Liverpool, patched up side, let's get the win here tonight and another vital 3 points

stevie harkness
22nd November 2020, 07:31 PM
I thought we'd see Shaqiri as he had the week off. But not a bad side.

miller0863
22nd November 2020, 07:41 PM
Midfield looks more of a worry than the defence

miller0863
22nd November 2020, 07:43 PM
And there’s no help on the bench if things go awry. That bench shows just how much we are down to the bare bones

Insidious
22nd November 2020, 07:47 PM
Midfield looks more of a worry than the defence

Can hopefully get through them in the half-spaces.

LEGS
22nd November 2020, 07:47 PM
I thought we'd see Shaqiri as he had the week off. But not a bad side.

Says he is injured and he hasn’t had the week off he started both Switzerland games.

Possibly injured in that game but it’s hard to tell with him as he picks injuries up quite often.

Artisan
22nd November 2020, 07:49 PM
Im not saying a word...

stevie harkness
22nd November 2020, 07:50 PM
Says he is injured and he hasn’t had the week off he started both Switzerland games.

Possibly injured in that game but it’s hard to tell with him as he picks injuries up quite often.

I read that the Ukraine match was cancelled because of covid, thought he'd had a break.

LEGS
22nd November 2020, 07:57 PM
I read that the Ukraine match was cancelled because of covid, thought he'd had a break.

You are correct sir it must have been the 2 games before so a weeks rest.

Being honest the international break seems to go on for 3 months I spend my time on Newsnow seeing if we have any injuries !!!

dicko1969
22nd November 2020, 08:01 PM
Wow the bench
Only Origi a game changer
Defenders and defensive midfielder.

Cant legislate for so many injuries

Vvd
Taa
Ox
Hendo
Salah
Gomez
Shaqiri
Thiago

LEGS
22nd November 2020, 08:06 PM
Wow the bench
Only Origi a game changer
Defenders and defensive midfielder.

Cant legislate for so many injuries

Vvd
Taa
Ox
Hendo
Salah
Gomez
Shaqiri
Thiago

Minamino is a sub too

dicko1969
22nd November 2020, 08:11 PM
Oh yeah forgot about him.
Still not confident in himself

redebreck
22nd November 2020, 10:55 PM
I think they should have just quietly not given him our games for a while 'till we all pipe down. Then gradually start doing it again.

I may be wrong on this, but I think the commentary team today said he had been taken off VAR duties, for us at least.

redebreck
22nd November 2020, 11:07 PM
I may be wrong on this, but I think the commentary team today said he had been taken off VAR duties, for us at least.

Really up to date, aren't I?

Never mind, our weak line-up bummed them into oblivion.