PDA

View Full Version : Gomez Injured!!!

antethan
11th November 2020, 04:09 PM
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12130019/joe-gomez-liverpool-defender-suffers-injury-during-england-training

teesred
11th November 2020, 04:18 PM
Fucks sake. What the fuck is going on. This is now officially ridiculous.

Kev0909
11th November 2020, 04:21 PM
Fucks sake. What the fuck is going on. This is now officially ridiculous.

That ridiculous someone that signed up in 2012 has made his 3rd post .. well a topic with a link.

Is it catching up with us, the fact we've had a small squad for last few seasons and lots of games?

Steveo
11th November 2020, 04:25 PM
That ridiculous someone that signed up in 2012 has made his 3rd post .. well a topic with a link.

Is it catching up with us, the fact we've had a small squad for last few seasons and lots of games?

NOT a chance of it - our genius data analysts - who can pick players who are immune from injury are all over it.. :(

I feel sick... this is a disaster

Balinkay
11th November 2020, 04:34 PM
Bah, we'll cope somehow. Matip is fit (for )now and Fabinho is due back soon. Thiago recovering will help out a bit.

Besides Phillips and Williams can play some minutes.

Rotten luck, but not the end of the world. At least noone can possibly see us as favourites for any of the trophies...

Kev0909
11th November 2020, 04:35 PM
Bah, we'll cope somehow. Matip is fit (for )now and Fabinho is due back soon. Thiago recovering will help out a bit.

Rotten luck, but not the end of the world. At least noone can possibly see us as favourites for any of the trophies...

at least we can always play bobby at CB

stevie harkness
11th November 2020, 04:56 PM

Yes, at least now Phillips and Williams will get enough appearances to get a winners medal in the summer.

Steveo
11th November 2020, 04:59 PM
Yes, at least now Phillips and Williams will get enough appearances to get a winners medal in the summer.

Great post - but I still feel sick.

WTF was the need for an England Friendly - now of all times..??

Nineteenx
11th November 2020, 05:08 PM

Exactly, just keep Matip at RCB while he's fit though

teesred
11th November 2020, 05:11 PM
Nailed on for a January buy now. 100%.

Nineteenx
11th November 2020, 05:12 PM

It's a Schuurs thing

ianlfc
11th November 2020, 05:13 PM
I fucking hate International football. Why is even being played during the current pandemic?

LEGS
11th November 2020, 05:17 PM
Reading it’s a knee injury our season is being completely ruined now I think if he is out for more than 2-3 months our season is done.

I know that’s negative but I can’t see how Matip will stay fit for all of them.

We are too nice regarding internationals, I can see it becoming like the IPL soon where players don’t bother with them and play for clubs only for ££££££.

stevie harkness
11th November 2020, 05:53 PM

Aye, the price will go up by 100% as well.

ianlfc
11th November 2020, 05:53 PM

Is there any big fuck off Italian centrehalfs about 32 or 33 who could be a stop gap for the rest of the season ? Someone hard as fuck !!

Balinkay
11th November 2020, 06:01 PM
I guess we just don't let Matip play more than 70 minutes in any given game and wrap him in cotton for the rest of the week. No training, no movement, no going out... in fact, screw that - cryogenically freeze him after each game and only defrost him for the starting whistle. Might pull something, were he to warm up.

Balinkay
11th November 2020, 06:01 PM
Is there any big fuck off Italian centrehalfs about 32 or 33 who could be a stop gap for the rest of the season ? Someone hard as fuck !!

I miss Kyrgiakos.

teesred
11th November 2020, 06:22 PM

How old is Chiellini?
In all seriousness we need some proven quality. Not a youngster with potential like Kabak.
Khalid Koulihighharmony I'm talking about you fella.

teesred
11th November 2020, 06:23 PM
I miss Kyrgiakos.

I dont.

teesred
11th November 2020, 06:25 PM
I guess we just don't let Matip play more than 70 minutes in any given game and wrap him in cotton for the rest of the week. No training, no movement, no going out... in fact, screw that - cryogenically freeze him after each game and only defrost him for the starting whistle. Might pull something, were he to warm up.

He'd get a muscle injury during the cotton wrapping.

teesred
11th November 2020, 06:26 PM
Reading it’s a knee injury our season is being completely ruined now I think if he is out for more than 2-3 months our season is done.

I know that’s negative but I can’t see how Matip will stay fit for all of them.

We are too nice regarding internationals, I can see it becoming like the IPL soon where players don’t bother with them and play for clubs only for ££££££.

I hope it does go that way.
I'd scrap it altogether. Its nothing but a pain the fucking arse.

Crimson Dynasty
11th November 2020, 07:10 PM
To be fair, it's been something of a minor miracle that he's been able to stay fit all through the games we've play so far this long.
We seem to forget that he also had a questionable fitness record himself along with Matip (though admittedly not as bad).

In any case, Klopp now has no choice but to go to the market in January - where we're bound to get chiseled and offered over-priced options, since everyone now knows we're desperate for relief in that position.

Just hope that Fabby is able to get back by the end of the break, and we somehow keep Matip (some level of) fit for the next duration.
More minutes for Williams and Phillips - and I can even see Klopp throwing Hendo in there for some games to fill the gap as we try to limp to the January window.
Which is also worrying in and of itself because his fitness record is not the greatest.
Does anyone know if Milly can play the CB position?
He seems to be our most durable player by a mile. (also worrying)

I fucking hate internationals.
They clearly have lousy physio and medical staff since the chances of players picking up injuries always seem to go up 2000% during the breaks.

Also, fuck Southgate.
Just because.

LFC-DPG
11th November 2020, 07:19 PM
Any free agents we can sign now?

LEGS
11th November 2020, 07:22 PM

No they are either old or injury prone probably better playing Williams/Phillips then bringing a free agent in.

stevie harkness
11th November 2020, 07:24 PM

Ashley Williams? lol

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler/vertragslosespieler/statistik/1/plus//galerie/0?ausrichtung=Abwehr&spielerposition_id=3&land_id=alle&altersklasse=&wettbewerb_id=alle&seit=alle&yt0=Show

Crimson Dynasty
11th November 2020, 07:29 PM

Are we allowed to sign free agents outside the transfer window?

I thought a club needed special medical exemption permission from the league to do that in cases of extreme dire circumstances (which this surely must qualify as).

If Carra doesn't mind lacing them up again, he'll never have a better opportunity than now to add that one medal to his collection that he's missing and have one over Stevie's head.

Also, who wouldn't pay to see the shouting matches on the sidelines between him and Klopp?
Box office gold.

southernboy
11th November 2020, 07:29 PM
Fuck England, fuck International football, in fact fuck football, it's ceased to be fun anymore. Our back 4 just dropped to £7m.

Steveo
11th November 2020, 07:42 PM
How much did we get for Lovren..?

LEGS
11th November 2020, 07:43 PM
Are we allowed to sign free agents outside the transfer window?

I thought a club needed special medical exemption permission from the league to do that in cases of extreme dire circumstances (which this surely must qualify as).

If Carra doesn't mind lacing them up again, he'll never have a better opportunity than now to add that one medal to his collection that he's missing and have one over Stevie's head.

Also, who wouldn't pay to see the shouting matches on the sidelines between him and Klopp?
Box office gold.

You can sign a free agent we could probably get them registered too as its clear we arent pullomh a fast one.

If we sign a foreign player we'd have to drop a foreign player from our PL squad VVD !

ianlfc
11th November 2020, 07:45 PM
How old is Chiellini?
In all seriousness we need some proven quality. Not a youngster with potential like Kabak.
Khalid Koulihighharmony I'm talking about you fella.

FSG will have to blow the cobwebs off their wallet and spend some cash, that's for sure.
Or just play Hendo again at the back !!

ianlfc
11th November 2020, 07:46 PM
You can sign a free agent we could probably get them registered too as its clear we arent pullomh a fast one.

If we sign a foreign player we'd have to drop a foreign player from our PL squad VVD !

Bobby, as he's useless apparently.

Steveo
11th November 2020, 07:47 PM

I’m liking this... I’m liking this a lot. :D

Get it done

And IF the league have a problem with it...or Engerland want our players again for a meaningless friendly.....

https://youtu.be/smIe2JQpkHQ

southernboy
11th November 2020, 07:52 PM
Thank goodness we've got Milner :eek:

We really should have bought six defenders in the summer. But seriously, this is just unprecedented. Henderson needs to say he's feeling groggy. At least that way he'll get sent home to self isolate for a couple of weeks

ianlfc
11th November 2020, 07:53 PM
The wally in the waistcoat is saying it's a knee injury which could be potentially serious.

southernboy
11th November 2020, 07:55 PM
Southgate:

“What was upsetting was to see he was in a fair bit of pain. There was nobody around him when the injury happened. I didn't like that element of it.”

That doesn't sound very promising at all.

Steveo
11th November 2020, 07:57 PM
Meniscus...

Kev0909
11th November 2020, 07:58 PM
Another knee injury his knees are fucked i think we will need a top cb long term

southernboy
11th November 2020, 08:02 PM
I never wish opposition players injury, but if Vardy could be next it would help enormously. Cheers

justme
11th November 2020, 08:03 PM
KEV, Gomez had his leg broken last time.. It wasnt a knee injury. but dont let facts get in the way..

justme
11th November 2020, 08:07 PM
(i could be wrong) but i believe we let our main Physio go in the summer and we got 1 in from Arsenal. We know the amount of injuries Arsenal suffered.. Maybe we have changed slightly in our training.. Would explain the injuries (apart from VVD). Guess we got a cheaper physio in and let one go.

We kept Philips because we couldnt sell him. Otherwise he would have left as well. Its evident now that we should have got another defender in with quality in the summer. we were left with 3 main ones as it was..

justincredible
11th November 2020, 09:17 PM
Southgate:

“What was upsetting was to see he was in a fair bit of pain. There was nobody around him when the injury happened. I didn't like that element of it.”

That doesn't sound very promising at all.

I'm blaming Sterling and his phat arse.

RedNoodle
11th November 2020, 09:25 PM
(i could be wrong) but i believe we let our main Physio go in the summer and we got 1 in from Arsenal. We know the amount of injuries Arsenal suffered.. Maybe we have changed slightly in our training.. Would explain the injuries (apart from VVD). Guess we got a cheaper physio in and let one go.

We kept Philips because we couldnt sell him. Otherwise he would have left as well. Its evident now that we should have got another defender in with quality in the summer. we were left with 3 main ones as it was..

A cheaper physio and no real intent to increase the size and quality of our squad (especially in key positions such as at CB), despite being the current PL, and 2019 CL and WCC champions, all whilst making record revenue and signing one of, if not potentially the most lucrative football sponsorship deals in history.

Many are expecting FSG to put their hands in their (sorry our) pockets, but I would advise such people not to hold their breath. We need two, not one new, quality CB's, never mind that other areas still need 'beefing up'. I would not be in the least bit surprised if 'we' buy nobody in January, and if we do, it will be players who can be had for 'peanuts'. Expect this to be even more likely if we/Klopp somehow manage to keep grinding out results between now and then.

LFC vs PFC
11th November 2020, 09:29 PM
I miss Kyrgiakos.

Ha ha ha, I remember reading the fake tweets from Lucas Leiva years ago where Kyrgiakos featured heavily.

Kev0909
11th November 2020, 09:34 PM
KEV, Gomez had his leg broken last time.. It wasnt a knee injury. but dont let facts get in the way..

Wasn't a proper break actually or Am I wrong? longest time he was out was due to a knee injury.

He never really picks up "knocks" always long term stuff.

eitherway soon as you hear knee injury, that's pretty scary, especially if it's the same knee

eggy81
11th November 2020, 10:13 PM
And the end of the day its justv2 first choice cbs injured. No one to blame but ourselves that its left us in this state. Especially given the history of our cbs with injury gomez and Matip.

stevie harkness
11th November 2020, 10:29 PM
According to Simon Brundish on Twitter:

Joe Gomez has 12 International caps and 3 international injuries leading to >100 Liverpool games missed

Klopp said: "We have other options like [Jordan] Henderson, or Gini [Wijnaldum] or James [Milner], or Robbo, he can play centre-half as well.

Balinkay
11th November 2020, 10:50 PM
Ha ha ha, I remember reading the fake tweets from Lucas Leiva years ago where Kyrgiakos featured heavily.

I have them bookmarked for such occasions.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/1xpgm0/memory_lane_fake_lucas_leiva_twitter_account/

Kev0909
11th November 2020, 10:54 PM

Joe Gomez has 12 International caps and 3 international injuries leading to >100 Liverpool games missed

Klopp said: "We have other options like [Jordan] Henderson, or Gini [Wijnaldum] or James [Milner], or Robbo, he can play centre-half as well.

True can play robertson on the left side of CB I guess, not ideal but gives the greek lad a run in the team.

justme
11th November 2020, 10:56 PM
I wouldnt want to change Robbo from left back. hes been superb this season so far..
Hopefully Matip and Philips can do a good enough job for a while.

Steveo
11th November 2020, 10:56 PM

Shaqiri has a leap on him too.. :D

stevie harkness
11th November 2020, 10:59 PM

Yeah we are actually pretty stacked.

Kev0909
11th November 2020, 11:01 PM
I wouldnt want to change Robbo from left back. hes been superb this season so far..
Hopefully Matip and Philips can do a good enough job for a while.

Neither would I hence "not ideal" but needs must if it comes to that.

Maybe matip will actually stay fit, who knows

But only just back from injury, a lot of games coming up, spells disaster to me, and people are getting carried away with phillips/williams done nothing wrong yet but let's not make them out to be better than they are.

southernboy
11th November 2020, 11:13 PM

Didn’t he start his career as a left back or is that just internet bollocks.

vin
11th November 2020, 11:33 PM
Apparently, it's a patelia tendon injury - which is supposedly worse than a break. Looking at 12months out

Balinkay
11th November 2020, 11:45 PM
You can't make this shite up.

He's already had an ACL and two ankle surgeries. Getting this many injuries over an entire career would be enough to be called a sicknote.

The boy's 23. Fuck me.

CCTV
12th November 2020, 12:08 AM
Apparently, it's a patelia tendon injury - which is supposedly worse than a break. Looking at 12months out

That is tragic news, gutted for him.

CCTV
12th November 2020, 12:17 AM

Checked Gomez injuries on TM, his first 1 for was for Southgate on under-21 duty, so all 3 under Gareth.

skyebo
12th November 2020, 12:23 AM
To lose one defender ( best by a country mile ) for the season is bad enough, to lose two more for a lengthy spell is more than unlucky. Not only that, the one we're left with, you can't rely on staying fit. It looks like Philips and Williams will be getting more games than we all thought they would.

Kev0909
12th November 2020, 12:43 AM
To lose one defender ( best by a country mile ) for the season is bad enough, to lose two more for a lengthy spell is more than unlucky. Not only that, the one we're left with, you can't rely on staying fit. It looks like Philips and Williams will be getting more games than we all thought they would.

Looks like we 100% need a starter CB now going forward also.

Any hopes of gomez being a beast is slowly fading sadly, if only he didn't have these injury's

He took a long time to get back into it after the last one which wasn't that long from what I can recall, long enough like but was back under 2 months I think?

Horrible to say but it's the truth it's not just the physical effects in the long-term it's also the mental effects

skyebo
12th November 2020, 02:03 AM

Any hopes of gomez being a beast is slowly fading sadly, if only he didn't have these injury's

He took a long time to get back into it after the last one which wasn't that long from what I can recall, long enough like but was back under 2 months I think?

Horrible to say but it's the truth it's not just the physical effects in the long-term it's also the mental effects

Agree with that.

Joetan991
12th November 2020, 02:55 AM
Can Jamie Carragher play? register as free agent?

shminkyred
12th November 2020, 10:31 AM

We now have the Physio from Arsenal??? ?Shut the F@#@ Up?? ?
I really thought we were over making ridiculous appointments like that????? ..

.I suppose its no Coincidence that Oxo Cube has disappeared???...

To be fair Gomez was injured on England duty...but still!!!.

teesred
12th November 2020, 11:06 AM

Agree fully with your first part. No messing about with someone who's unproven. Just ho and buy someone who we know can do the job now.
I'll get laughed at for this but I think Dunk from BHA would be a very good signing. Not a flashy glamour signing but hes nails and is very good. He can also poke a players eyes out with his nose which is an added bonus.

I get what you mean about Gomez, the difference is he couldn't get a better manager and team around him to get him though this and back to his best.
I'm sure he'll be fine. The initial disappointment will be huge but he will get through it.

reddownunder
12th November 2020, 12:00 PM
Dunk is a good player as is Tarkowski. Two teams fighting against relegation will not want to lose their best defender halfway through the season though and they will want an extortionate amount of money. For this reason I think we'll really struggle to bring in someone of the required quality.

reddownunder
12th November 2020, 12:09 PM
A couple of stop gap options would be Jerome Boateng or Javi Martinez of Bayern as both of their contracts expire in June. Klopp doesn't seem to do these types of signings though

teesred
12th November 2020, 12:11 PM
Martinez is still a top class player. Boateng too actually. Theres plenty of options it's just going to cost lots of money to fix.

LEGS
12th November 2020, 12:26 PM
A couple of stop gap options would be Jerome Boateng or Javi Martinez of Bayern as both of their contracts expire in June. Klopp doesn't seem to do these types of signings though

Caulker is the man !

justincredible
12th November 2020, 12:42 PM
Just get Kalidou Koulibaly and be done with it. There's no guarantee that Virgil or Joe will come back and be the same standard of player ever again.
Buy once, buy well FSG....

Kev0909
12th November 2020, 12:52 PM
Just get Kalidou Koulibaly and be done with it. There's no guarantee that Virgil or Joe will come back and be the same standard of player ever again.
Buy once, buy well FSG....

bit old for FSG, probably looking for a younger CB

justincredible
12th November 2020, 01:08 PM
I'll send Linda a couple of willy pics. That'll close the deal.

Balinkay
12th November 2020, 01:12 PM
@Kev

Good point - Gomez usually takes a while to get back up to speed. As in something along the lines of ten games.

Kev0909
12th November 2020, 01:13 PM

We'll probably end up with ben white instead then.

reddownunder
12th November 2020, 01:16 PM
For someone so highly rated Koulibaly has a poor record in the air statistically at 56% headers won over the last three seasons which is no better than Gomez. For the price Napoli want you'd hope to be getting a complete defender but those stats suggest otherwise...

Kev0909
12th November 2020, 01:19 PM
@Kev

Good point - Gomez usually takes a while to get back up to speed. As in something along the lines of ten games.

Yep remember when he was incredible? Saw a few glimpses of that lately but don't think he's ever got back to his best

He use to look so fast and strong constantly

justincredible
12th November 2020, 01:22 PM
We'll probably end up with ben white instead then.

I was thinking more Ben Dover....

Kev0909
12th November 2020, 01:27 PM
Apparently we're hopeful he'll be back towards the end of the season just in time for engerland euros!!!

Fantastic

vin
12th November 2020, 01:44 PM
Alaba maybe a good shout. End of contract. We should be able to sign him in about 6 weeks. Bayern tried to off-load as part of a player/cash deal.

vin
12th November 2020, 02:02 PM
Gomez has already had his knee op

teesred
12th November 2020, 02:16 PM
Aye says no ligament damage.

teesred
12th November 2020, 02:17 PM
Off topic but have a butcher's at this, its mint.
https://art-of-football.com/collections/all-prints/products/youll-never-walk-alone-champions-edition-print-or-canvas?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=TOF+%7C+Prospecting+%7C+Men+%7C+Purch ase+Conversion+Men+%7C+40%2B+%7C+LAL+Purchase%2FAT C+Prints+Ad+%5BOctober+Content%5D+Facebook_Mobile_ Feed%E2%80%8B&fbclid=IwAR3dGomelyWIKXjQTIDz4vxsuPA_qJm3lnT4MuGF6 carddxdWFMlHJIcpNc

jozza800
12th November 2020, 02:42 PM
Alaba maybe a good shout. End of contract. We should be able to sign him in about 6 weeks. Bayern tried to off-load as part of a player/cash deal.

He's more of a fullback.

justme
12th November 2020, 02:42 PM
Link not working for me

Kev0909
12th November 2020, 02:49 PM
Link not working for me

same just comes up as blank

Steveo
12th November 2020, 02:53 PM
This is the link

https://art-of-football.com/collections/all-prints/products/youll-never-walk-alone-champions-edition-print-or-canvas?

and this is the image..

https://i.ibb.co/9ZrrLTr/Screenshot-2020-11-12-at-13-53-37.png

justme
12th November 2020, 03:13 PM
Haa thats flipping brilliant

Balinkay
12th November 2020, 03:19 PM
Yep remember when he was incredible? Saw a few glimpses of that lately but don't think he's ever got back to his best

He use to look so fast and strong constantly

I do - I still rate him very highly and think, given time, he could get back to it, as he's still pretty young for a CB.

JAYPEA
12th November 2020, 03:23 PM
I was thinking more Ben Dover....

Take a forum break. Come back and see nothings changed. FFS!!

teesred
12th November 2020, 03:47 PM
Cheers Steveo. Not sure why my pasted link hasnt worked.

justincredible
12th November 2020, 04:10 PM
Take a forum break. Come back and see nothings changed. FFS!!

Jajajajajajaja, welcome back me auld mucker Jay...

scientificred
12th November 2020, 05:38 PM

And it's going to be Ozan Kabak

teesred
12th November 2020, 05:42 PM
And it's going to be Ozan Kabak

Most likely. Or Supermacado.

vin
12th November 2020, 10:49 PM
He's more of a fullback.

He's been playing CB for Bayern. He was initially a leftback.

vin
12th November 2020, 10:50 PM
Haa thats flipping brilliant

That image? You serious?

teesred
12th November 2020, 11:24 PM
That image? You serious?

Dont you like it? I think it's great

shminkyred
13th November 2020, 10:32 AM

Love it

vin
13th November 2020, 10:56 AM

Love it

Fair enough. Just not for me.

shminkyred
15th November 2020, 08:37 PM
Fair enough. Just not for me.

It's art istic ....innit.....Lol

redebreck
22nd November 2020, 12:08 PM
FSG will have to blow the cobwebs off their wallet and spend some cash, that's for sure.
Or just play Hendo again at the back !!

He's injured as well...

Flicking Internationals.
What is the point?

redebreck
22nd November 2020, 12:15 PM

Whose willy?

(this should be interesting, depending on people's knowledge of English grammar).