stevie harkness
12th November 2020, 11:25 PM
Northern Ireland not so much

reddownunder
12th November 2020, 11:33 PM
Robbo had to play 120 minutes eek

Steveo
13th November 2020, 08:36 AM
Just imagine what would happen if they won the Euros...

https://youtu.be/xbas1CUk5kE

Balinkay
13th November 2020, 09:20 AM
05:55 the next day:

Breaking News: Scotland has officially run out of beer following their shock 2-1 win against England in the Euro 2021 final courtesy of an Andy Robertson brace

11:26:

Breaking News: Scotland invades Belgium

miller0863
15th November 2020, 07:49 PM
World Class Wij has scored another brace for the Nether Regions

Steveo
15th November 2020, 08:56 PM
Teilemans makes it 1:0 to Belgium.

Really worried for Hendo tonight - need our players wrapped in cotton wool.

Steveo
15th November 2020, 09:09 PM
Mertens makes it 2:0 with a lovely strike from the Freekick

miller0863
15th November 2020, 09:11 PM
England’s defence is hopeless. How Dier is an International footballer is beyond me

ianlfc
15th November 2020, 09:15 PM
Get Jamie Vardy out there. Let him get injured and see how the Leicester fans like it.

LEGS
15th November 2020, 09:19 PM
England’s defence is hopeless. How Dier is an International footballer is beyond me

This is all good defeat means England cant top the group just get Hendo back asap.

miller0863
15th November 2020, 09:49 PM
Henderson hasn’t come out for the second half. He’d better not be injured...

ianlfc
15th November 2020, 09:51 PM

Now who's being Kevative 😂😂

LEGS
15th November 2020, 09:52 PM

This is my worry too surely he wouldnt have took him off.

Steveo
15th November 2020, 10:05 PM
Wasn’t pulling up any trees - might have just wanted a wee bit more drive. England have looked better since the break

Balinkay
15th November 2020, 10:08 PM

I guess you could say...

England are in Dier straits. :cool:

Yeah yeah, I know - hat, coat.

miller0863
15th November 2020, 10:18 PM
Leave them, you don’t deserve them after that

justme
15th November 2020, 10:47 PM
I don't understand how this shit works. does this mean England won't be playing in the Euros in the summer?

LEGS
15th November 2020, 10:55 PM
Yeah England are already in the Euros mate.

Nations league is a money making load of bollocks they are glorified friendlies.

justme
15th November 2020, 11:04 PM
Thanks, so bollocks then :)

Steveo
15th November 2020, 11:29 PM
Grealish... Always liked him - made Bacon face look ordinary tonight.

LEGS
15th November 2020, 11:51 PM
Hendo has muscle tightness im hoping that is just speak for taking no chances.

Chilwell defo got injured and Sterling before kick off something needs to be done about this all the players getting in seem to be PL CL and International players.

No wonder small clubs dont want 5 subs should just hit back with lets go it alone on the tv deals....see what they think of that.

stevie harkness
16th November 2020, 12:45 AM
Tsimikas played an hour for Greece tonight, after his 45 the other day.

LFC-DPG
16th November 2020, 03:48 PM
Tsimikas played an hour for Greece tonight, after his 45 the other day.

Forgot about him

stevie harkness
17th November 2020, 07:36 PM
Looks like Shaqiri will be back in Liverpool early after the Swiss v Ukraine match was postponed due to covid tests in the Ukrainian camp.

Steveo
17th November 2020, 09:16 PM
Spain should be out of sight but 2 guilt edged chances go begging and it’s is still somehow still only 1:0

Ze Germans look a very ordinary outfit - will probably make Spain pay though now.

Steveo
17th November 2020, 09:18 PM
And now it is 2 nil Spain.

4 or 5 wouldn’t flatter them. Like men against boys. The gulf in technical class is alarming. Germany must get better as the game goes on surely.

Steveo
17th November 2020, 09:23 PM
Make that 3 nil Spain. 38 mins. And Neuer has played a blinder too.

Edit.. That lovely fella Sergio Ramos has done his hamstring - this could change things

HT3:0 Spain

Also Spain’s goal ruled out for offside was clearly onside - so it’s really 4:0 PLUS a perfectly good penalty wasn’t given. So 5:0 it should be - 6 or 7 it could easily be at the break. Nuts

Balinkay
17th November 2020, 09:55 PM
So... when are ze Germans finally going to fire Löw? Should have been gone a while ago now. Four years I'd say.

Steveo
17th November 2020, 09:57 PM
4:0...

Steveo
17th November 2020, 10:15 PM
And Spain finally make it 5.

This is the most one sided international I have ever seen between 2 heavyweights. Far worse tha. The Germany Brazil game. Spain nigh on 70% possession - 21 shots 9 on target v - 1 shot from Germany 0 on target.

And I am deadly serious - this should be 8 or 9 nil.

Steveo
17th November 2020, 10:32 PM
6:0 and the rest of Europe will take notice of this. Spain look like a team that could rip anyone to pieces.

Crimson Dynasty
17th November 2020, 10:37 PM
Don't worry, Germany.

It happens to the best of us..

One day you're bolloxing Brazil 7-1 at their home barn.
And the next, you're getting your clock cleaned by Spain 6-0.

The only (true) negative about this result is that it's going to increase pressure and calls from Germany for Low to step down or be replaced, and per Lothar Matheus, there's only one name for whom they think should be the perfect replacement.

I don't need to tell you all who that is.

Steveo
17th November 2020, 10:41 PM
Yep - Tuchel is a shoo-in. :D

Balinkay
17th November 2020, 10:43 PM
@CD That would be supremely shite. But could you blame him if he went? Imagine him winning a WC and/or EC with them?

Though I think it's a bit early. I think he's likely to get the job whenever he wants it.

@Steveo - woulnd't be a bad shout I guess. He's not going to do anything with PSG it seems and none of the other big boys will want him - his stock doesn't seem to be super high atm, considering his failures with Oil FC.

Crimson Dynasty
17th November 2020, 10:51 PM
@CD That would be supremely shite. But could you blame him if he went? Imagine him winning a WC and/or EC with them?

Though I think it's a bit early. I think he's likely to get the job whenever he wants it.

@Steveo - woulnd't be a bad shout I guess. He's not going to do anything with PSG it seems and none of the other big boys will want him - his stock doesn't seem to be super high atm, considering his failures with Oil FC.

He's going to eventually be the German National team Manager.
Of that I have no doubt.

I was just hoping it will be after a long club career with us (after another contract extension) and he has nothing else left to win* or accomplish at club level and only has one more notch to check off his belt for his career.

In which case, I will wish him all the best and thank him for all the (hopefully many many many ) trophies and titles.

That's why I'm invested in Germany doing well at the moment,
..... and for the foreseeable future (.....until around 5 or so years after 2024)

*(Unfortunately the flip de of tat success is that if he continues winning things with us, it's not going to make it any easier and will only increase the pressure and the calls from Bayern and from the German Federation)

Balinkay
17th November 2020, 11:08 PM
If he continues winning with us, there'll be nothing Bayern can offer him that we can't in a footballing sense, except maybe an easier ride. Though that is a powerful motivator.

Not to mention that it's his homeland. And Munich is quite a nice city.

Crimson Dynasty
17th November 2020, 11:25 PM
If he continues winning with us, there'll be nothing Bayern can offer him that we can't in a footballing sense, except maybe an easier ride. Though that is a powerful motivator.

Not to mention that it's his homeland. And Munich is quite a nice city.

Rummenigge has made some lusty comments about wanting him to go manage their lot before. Said he likes the style of football that Klopp brought to Liverpool and it would look nice at the Allianz.

Flick winning them the Champions' League last season shut them up for a bit, but if we were to beat them in a head-to-head or if we were able to win the CL back again (or correspondingly if the wheels fell off the Flick train), I have no doubt that we'd be hearing those noises again.

Balinkay
18th November 2020, 08:17 AM
Oh yeah, defo. They've been drooling over him for years. Not the only ones I'd imagine, they're just arrogant enough to be overt about it.

ianlfc
18th November 2020, 10:17 PM
I'm a celebrity is a better watch than International football.

Steveo
18th November 2020, 10:41 PM
Looks like Gini has scored the winner in Poland for the Netherlands who were a goal down for much of the game.

Steveo
18th November 2020, 10:52 PM
So both Robbo and Gini have played a full energy sapping 90 minutes in what were both must win games for the Netherlands and Scotland.

ianlfc
21st November 2020, 03:59 PM
Not Euros but International football.
Just watching BEIN sports and they are saying 2 years today the Qatar world cup starts. Today its 28 degrees and all the grounds are within about 60 miles.
The grounds look amazing and there's a metro system to get around all the ground easily.

RedNoodle
21st November 2020, 04:04 PM
Not Euros but International football.
Just watching BEIN sports and they are saying 2 years today the Qatar world cup starts. Today its 28 degrees and all the grounds are within about 60 miles.
The grounds look amazing and there's a metro system to get around all the ground easily.

I was reading something a hour or two ago where someone was saying that Keys and Gray were basically calling anybody who said anything critical about the Qatar World Cup 'a racist'.

skyebo
21st November 2020, 04:09 PM
Can't see England doing much in it. I can't remember a more average squad.

skyebo
21st November 2020, 04:13 PM
I was reading something a hour or two ago where someone was saying that Keys and Gray were basically calling anybody who said anything critical about the Qatar World Cup 'a racist'.

Like those two or not, there have been no-one better in the sky sports studio, and they've tried a few combinations.

RedNoodle
21st November 2020, 04:13 PM
Can't see England doing much in it. I can't remember a more average squad.

An average squad with a not even average manager.

There just doesn't seem to be anything about the current England set up that makes you 'believe' that they can actually win one of the big prizes.

skyebo
21st November 2020, 04:29 PM
An average squad with a not even average manager.

There just doesn't seem to be anything about the current England set up that makes you 'believe' that they can actually win one of the big prizes.

That's right Noods.

ianlfc
21st November 2020, 04:31 PM

I don't know about that but keys said 28 degrees is lovely weather to play football in !!

Balinkay
21st November 2020, 04:32 PM

I mean... that's what they're paid to do so it wouldn't surprise me.

Is there a definitive number on the death toll for the stadiums? There were rumours of it being high. Guess we'll never know the scale of the doubtlessly exorbitant bribes involved, but at least the human life cost might one day come to light.

RedNoodle
21st November 2020, 04:35 PM
I don't know about that but keys said 28 degrees is lovely weather to play football in !!

Yeah, if you're on a beach having a kick about with a load of your mates, with an ample supply of ice cold beverages close to hand.

ianlfc
21st November 2020, 04:35 PM

Is there a definitive number on the death toll for the stadiums? There were rumours of it being high. Guess we'll never know the scale of the doubtlessly exorbitant bribes involved, but at least the human life cost might one day come to light.

I would imagine health and safety during construction was probably like the build of the Titanic in Belfast in the early 1900's !!

ianlfc
21st November 2020, 04:37 PM
Yeah, if you're on a beach having a kick about with a load of your mates, with an ample supply of ice cold beverages close to hand.

Ah, mate I just had a flashback of my summer holiday in Mexico a couple of years ago, with that image.

RedNoodle
21st November 2020, 04:38 PM

It doesn't surprise me, but along with all other such examples of principles/morality being for sale, it always disappoints me.

In terms of the number of deaths that could be linked to the building of stadiums, whatever the figure that is reported, I'd say you can probably double it at the least and be a lot closer to the actual figure.

skyebo
21st November 2020, 04:39 PM
It's only 86, they've probably played many games over here in similar temperatures, especially in August.

RedNoodle
21st November 2020, 04:39 PM
Ah, mate I just had a flashback of my summer holiday in Mexico a couple of years ago, with that image.

Nice.

I'll just have to imagine what it's like to have a holiday, or even mates.

ianlfc
21st November 2020, 04:45 PM
Nice.

I'll just have to imagine what it's like to have a holiday, or even mates.

TBF playing football on a beach wasn't good for a 45 year old man's back !!