View Full Version : Your team v Brighton

Insidious
25th November 2020, 10:43 PM
...........................Alisson

Milner.....Matip........Fabinho.....Robertson

..................Jones........Wijnaldum

...Salah..............Firmino...........Mane

...............................Jota

Won't be what we see and I am a bit hesitant about using Matip again so soon. With luck if we got a 2-0 lead or something we could consider taking him off and "putting him on ice" so to speak. Equally if someone who plays a lot up top like Mane could be brought off for Minamino or whoever that would absolutely be ideal.

We need to bounce back and we need to get ourselves fresh for what is now a big game against Ajax.

CCTV
25th November 2020, 11:08 PM
..................Alisson
Milner Matip Philips/Williams Robertson
.............Fabinho Gini
.........Jota Firmino Mane
............Salah

Subs:
Adrian, Tsimikas, Williams/Phillips, Thiago, Jones, Minamino, Origi

Nineteenx
25th November 2020, 11:12 PM
One midfielder was allegedly very close to making tonight's game, likely Thiago or Hendo

Alisson

Milner Matip Fabinho Robertson

Jota Wijnaldum Thiago

Salah Firmino Mane

Good steady start, then bum them into oblivion

Kev0909
25th November 2020, 11:15 PM
Alisson

Fabinho Matip Phillips Robertson

Wijnaldum Thiago/Jones/whoever is fit

Salah Firmino Mane

Jota

**** Milner not included due to not thinking he'll be 100%

skyebo
25th November 2020, 11:16 PM
Alisson
Williams N
Matip
Fabinho
Robertson
Milner
Henderson
Wijnaldum
Salah
Firmino
Mane

Adrian Philips Tsimikas
Jones Minamino Diogo Origi

CCTV
25th November 2020, 11:19 PM
One midfielder was allegedly very close to making tonight's game, likely Thiago or Hendo

Alisson

Jota Wijnaldum Thiago

Salah Firmino Mane

Good steady start, then bum them into oblivion

If Thiago is fit to start, why not let Bobby drop into your midfield and keep the clinical Diogo closer to goal ?

reddownunder
26th November 2020, 06:59 AM
I'd give Mane a breather and assuming that thiago and Hendo are still missing I'd go with

Alisson
Milner Matip Phillips Robertson
Jones Fabinho Wijnaldum
Salah Firmino Jota

jr81
26th November 2020, 08:43 AM
I have a bad feeling about this one. After what Klopp said last week and losing last night, it is set up for us to lose this weekend and the media can full into crisis mode at Liverpool. The blame will lay with Klopp and everyone will say this is his Rafa rant moment. I'm not looking forward to it, but I'm a pessimist anyway.

Or we go and hammer them and everyone says, what is Klopp complaining for.

justme
26th November 2020, 08:53 AM
If Henderson is fit. I would go in with Henderson Wijaldum and Jones. I would also give Mane a rest (on the bench) and play Jota on the left.

___________Alisson__________
Milner___Matip__Fabinho___Robertson

And the rest i mentioned.

Steveo
26th November 2020, 09:49 AM
Jota up top and through the middle.

No more twatting around. The one game where we destroyed the oppo and he goes and fiddles with it.

A great artist knows when to stop.

justincredible
26th November 2020, 09:54 AM
Play the kids.

Insidious
26th November 2020, 10:02 AM
Play the kids.

If we conduct ourselves properly we can do that soon enough against Midtyjlland.

I think doing it in the League against anyone other than maybe Fulham would be asking for dropped points, at a time when the Tottenham match ain't far away.

Think it would be a real risk to do it against Brighton.

Beat Brighton, get a draw or better against Ajax. Go from there. We've got this.

Steveo
26th November 2020, 10:45 AM
I agree - we have 9 points in the CL not sure how we got 3 points in Amsterdamn - but we did.

We could afford a loss. Must not lose to Ajax though and even with our strongest side last time out - they looked the better side. Not over yet this group..

But 100% we need the strongest possible side to face Brighton who are a tricky opponent.

ianlfc
26th November 2020, 11:07 AM
Play the kids.

The kids could've done no worse than the superstars that came on as subs last night.

Steveo
26th November 2020, 11:10 AM
We replaced first team players with first team players. The net effect was virtually nil. The entire setup by Klopp was amateur. Lets call it what it was. Also they were brought on already chasing the game.

ianlfc
26th November 2020, 11:13 AM
We replaced first team players with first team players. The net effect was virtually nil. The entire setup by Klopp was amateur. Lets call it what it was. Also they were brought on already chasing the game.

They were waiting to come on as they scored their first goal. There may even been a break in play before were they could've came on. Just one of those nights unfortunately.

Steveo
26th November 2020, 11:48 AM
Oh yes - my point simply being that the ratio of youth 2 first team didn’t really alter. Replaced first 11 with first 11. Even after seeing how lucky we had been Klopp chanced his arm again and got a bloody nose.

We got lucky in Amsterdam - he should have put more into last nights selection.

Cannot afford to do the same v Brighton

Kev0909
26th November 2020, 01:01 PM
I believe Liverpool can have a whopping 2k fans now in the stadium as they're only tier 2

Lucky fucks, TIER 3 here.

justincredible
26th November 2020, 01:08 PM
I believe Liverpool can have a whopping 2k fans now in the stadium as they're only tier 2

Lucky fucks, TIER 3 here.

What's the name of your stadium Kev?

Kev0909
26th November 2020, 01:11 PM
What's the name of your stadium Kev?

The Roberto Midlands stadium

my "local" team are non-league

justincredible
26th November 2020, 03:10 PM
The Roberto Midlands stadium

my "local" team are non-league

Ah, Estadio Bobbyland. Fine fine place indeed. Top quality actually...

miller0863
26th November 2020, 07:42 PM
Henderson in contention to play on Saturday, however, Naby Keita, Xherdan Shaqiri, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Thiago Alcantara and TAA are all expected to remain absent for the visit to the South Coast.

Steveo
26th November 2020, 07:45 PM
Staring to wonder if Thiago is going to start again in 2020.

teesred
26th November 2020, 09:05 PM
Wtf is up with him? Is it still the aftermath of the Richarlison tackle?
Shaq injured? From what? Back strain from picking his wallet up.

skyebo
26th November 2020, 09:20 PM
Wtf is up with him? Is it still the aftermath of the Richarlison tackle?
Shaq injured? From what? Back strain from picking his wallet up.

I'm losing track of when and where these injuries occurred.

teesred
26th November 2020, 09:30 PM
I'm losing track of when and where these injuries occurred.

Me too. I'm fed up of it. They need to go at the end this season some of them. Literally robbing a living.

Balinkay
26th November 2020, 11:03 PM
Thiago is still suffering from the Everton game iirc.

No idea what's up with Big Shaq.

Nineteenx
27th November 2020, 05:06 PM
So looks likely Captain fantastic will make it

Alisson

Jones Henderson Wijnaldum

Jota Firmino Mane

I'm interested to see Jota at RFWD again, i know Hendo is likely back, but in his and Thiago's absence so we had no switches or better distribution in midfield, Jota's movement to allow balls to be played through midfield v Leicester was excellent, very different from Mo's and hugely helped our first great midfield performance in Hendo's absence in over 18 months

Jota's been excellent, as good as he is, he's no substitute for Mane at LFWD we lose to much of what Mane offers that Jota doesn't there, Jota at 9 or RFWD for me and an absolute shoe in at RFWD when our distribution from midfield is going to be very limited

faridtoxteth
27th November 2020, 05:38 PM
Mo Salah didn't look right to me from minute one against Atalanta.
Is he officially fully recovered from covid and match fit?

stevie harkness
27th November 2020, 07:55 PM
Mo Salah didn't look right to me from minute one against Atalanta.
Is he officially fully recovered from covid and match fit?

He tested positive less than a week before the match, reportedly had symptoms, then tested negative so he could train and play.

I was surprised he played but we don't really know.

miller0863
27th November 2020, 09:42 PM
Sadio has certainly looked like he could do with a break.

Insidious
27th November 2020, 10:14 PM
There have been a few "rumoured team" incidents this year.

Accuracy has not been 100%. However, it has been correct more often than not.

Rumoured for tomorrow is - Alisson, Neco, Fabinho, Phillips, Robertson, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Minamino, Jota, Salah, Firmino.

I would be pretty surprised at that frankly. Though you can see the logic in resting Matip (biscuits) and Mane (a poor performance - rare - v Atalanta).

The idea of Minamino possibly starting in a "non-Firmino" role does intrigue.

Don't have to wait very long to find out if this rumour is a load of rubbish or bang on.

Kev0909
27th November 2020, 10:40 PM
Christ we must be fucked if we're starting Minamino

Could be worse, could be origi he wouldn't even get on the bench for me now after his performances when he gets a chance, let him rot by himself like his attitude commands

miller0863
27th November 2020, 10:50 PM
Double fucked if we’re starting Neco

justme
28th November 2020, 09:33 AM
Big game today need to win.. Our away results need to improve..Not that our performances have been bad(apart from Villa)

Insidious
28th November 2020, 10:25 AM
Big game today need to win.. Our away results need to improve..Not that our performances have been bad(apart from Villa)

Can't actually recall putting in 2 poor performances on the bounce under Klopp in the last 3 years or so, so I am quietly confident about today.

Psychologically I rather like early Saturday matches if we manage the win - it's nice having the points in the bag and the pressure being heaped on those around us.

Fingers crossed.

Steveo
28th November 2020, 10:51 AM
Just go with this in the attack and we should be fine.

Salah-----------Firmino----------Mané
-------------------Jota---------------------

LEGS
28th November 2020, 11:16 AM
Double fucked if we’re starting Neco

I expect him to play we need Milner for Ajax and Wolves no chance he starts 5 games on the trot.

Most teams are going to be making changes each week you have no choice really.

We need to get to Jan with Matip/Fabinho still fit then hopefully a new CB is here.

miller0863
28th November 2020, 12:15 PM
I have read Trent isn’t too far away, we rested players against Atalanta with an eye on today, look how that went.

Kev0909
28th November 2020, 12:31 PM
there have been a few "rumoured team" incidents this year.

Rumoured for tomorrow is - alisson, neco, fabinho, phillips, robertson, henderson, wijnaldum, minamino, jota, salah, firmino.

I would be pretty surprised at that frankly. Though you can see the logic in resting matip (biscuits) and mane (a poor performance - rare - v atalanta).

The idea of minamino possibly starting in a "non-firmino" role does intrigue.

Don't have to wait very long to find out if this rumour is a load of rubbish or bang on.

correct

That's concerning

Oh wait milner>henderson guess he's not ready

but close enough is matip injured again not even on the fucking bench

LEGS
28th November 2020, 12:32 PM
I have read Trent isn’t too far away, we rested players against Atalanta with an eye on today, look how that went.

I know what you are saying mate I’m just going off what Klopp has been saying.

Depending on how today goes maybe Hendo comes on for Milner/Williams

miller0863
28th November 2020, 12:33 PM
Oh crap

Alisson
Neco (look away now)
Phillips (where the fuck is Matip)
Fabinho
Robertson
Minamino (I kid you not)
Wij
Milly
Salah
Firmino
Jota

Bench
Adrian
Mané
Henderson
Jones
Tsimikas
Origi
Williams

Kev0909
28th November 2020, 12:34 PM
Good job we're playing brighton still not going to be easy, they're pretty piss-poor in attack though I believe

Matips not even on the bench!!!!!

for fuck sake

miller0863
28th November 2020, 12:36 PM
Well we have to accept they’re gonna score and probably more than one so we’d better have our shooting boots on.

Minamino protecting Neco down our right.... the stuff of nightmares

Kev0909
Well we have to accept they’re gonna score and probably more than one so we’d better have our shooting boots on.

Minamino protecting Neco down our right.... the stuff of nightmares

Lamptey is out at least

Steveo
It’s a front 4 but with Minamino instead of Mané ...! Hello. Hopefully we see what Takumi can do...

Really pleased Lamptey is out he is a genuine threat.

Insidious
28th November 2020, 12:38 PM
Oh crap

Alisson
Neco (look away now)
Fabinho
Robertson
Minamino (I kid you not)
Wij
Milly
Salah
Firmino
Jota

Bench
Adrian
Mané
Henderson
Jones
Tsimikas
Origi
Williams

Besides Milner for Henderson, the rumoured team was spot-on.

Steveo
28th November 2020, 12:41 PM
Queue Lallana to be fit and have a barnstormer.

Massive game for Neco

miller0863
28th November 2020, 12:41 PM
Lamptey would have been a real threat but at least Robbo would have kept him reasonably quiet.
Thankful for small mercies.

Neco needs the game of his life and how low on players are we to be playing Mina fuckin mino in midfield???

Kev0909
28th November 2020, 12:43 PM
Queue Lallana to be fit and have a barnstormer.

Massive game for Neco

Picked up a knock he's on the bench as he's not fit enough to start

(some things don't change)

Steveo
28th November 2020, 12:44 PM
Matip being rested for today apparently- not injured. I repeat NOT injured and IS apparently “fit”..

Kev0909
28th November 2020, 12:45 PM
Matip being rested for today apparently- not injured. I repeat NOT injured and IS apparently “fit”..

surely he's "fit" enough to be on the bench? then.

I don't get that

Nineteenx
28th November 2020, 12:48 PM
Team confirmed:

Alisson

Neco Phillips Fabinho Robertson

Minamino Wijnaldum Milner

Salah Firmino Jota

Jurgen has to do what he thinks he needs to with selection and look after the lads as he thinks is best, Matip's not injured, he's rested

Communication communication communication communication

Come on come on come ON Liverpool, come the fucking FUCK on Liverpool, let's be as good as we can possibly be today with this line up, get the win and another vital 3 points

Steveo
28th November 2020, 12:49 PM

I don't get that

Hates flappers apparently -so naturally scared of Seagulls...?

Seriously though - he must have a slight issue OR the club is literally bricking it over him but expect him to be ok for midweek...?

Kev0909
28th November 2020, 12:50 PM
Hates flappers apparently -so naturally scared of Seagulls...?

Seriously though - he must have a slight issue OR the club is literally bricking it over him but expect him to be ok for midweek.

Could get injured sitting on the bench?? fuck knows!!!!

Risk we don't need to take, imagine fabinho picking up a early injury

teesred
28th November 2020, 12:52 PM

I don't get that

He cant play 3 games in a row apparently. Joel Biscuit.

Kev0909
28th November 2020, 12:53 PM
He cant play 3 games in a row apparently. Joel Biscuit.

Walking/sitting on the bench is too much to ask for apparently

He must be at home bathing in ice

teesred
28th November 2020, 12:55 PM
This is probably not true but a lad who I work with fellows all the twitter gossip etc and one thing that was out yesterday is that Thiago has actually got a break in his leg but a very small one, like a fracture.
Has anyone else heard/read anything like that about him? Seems strange that's theres no news about him.

teesred
28th November 2020, 12:56 PM
Walking/sitting on the bench is too much to ask for apparently

He must be at home bathing in ice

Having to manage our fragile defence makes it all the more imperative that someone is bought in January.

Kev0909
28th November 2020, 12:56 PM
This is probably not true but a lad who I work with fellows all the twitter gossip etc and one thing that was out yesterday is that Thiago has actually got a break in his leg but a very small one, like a fracture.
Has anyone else heard/read anything like that about him? Seems strange that's theres no news about him.

Nope

Any idea why the club is shit at letting us know about players?? only club that doesn't say about missing players / injury much at all

pretty funny if they're being that paranoid about other clubs knowing yet are line-up keeps getting leaked

teesred
28th November 2020, 12:58 PM

Rumoured for tomorrow is - Alisson, Neco, Fabinho, Phillips, Robertson, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Minamino, Jota, Salah, Firmino.

I would be pretty surprised at that frankly. Though you can see the logic in resting Matip (biscuits) and Mane (a poor performance - rare - v Atalanta).

Pretty much bang on Sid aside from Hendo.

Kev0909
28th November 2020, 12:59 PM
Pretty much bang on Sid aside from Hendo.

and that could of easily been a late change today (because henderson is still not 100%)

teesred
28th November 2020, 01:00 PM
Nope

Any idea why the club is shit at letting us know about players?? only club that doesn't say about missing players / injury much at all

pretty funny if they're being that paranoid about other clubs knowing yet are line-up keeps getting leaked

Yeah how the fuck has that happened? Never known that before. Sids line up he posted is correct apart from Hendo. Who's the person leaking that line up?

Kev0909
28th November 2020, 01:01 PM
Has noods got out of bed yet?- someone else may haev to make a match-thread!

Balinkay
28th November 2020, 01:03 PM
Oh crap

Alisson
Neco (look away now)
Fabinho
Robertson
Minamino (I kid you not)
Wij
Milly
Salah
Firmino
Jota

Bench
Adrian
Mané
Henderson
Jones
Tsimikas
Origi
Williams

This is going to be fun. :D

Kev0909
28th November 2020, 01:08 PM
This is going to be fun. :D

Welbeck is going to be messi today haahaa

miller0863
28th November 2020, 01:09 PM
Right now Jurgen isn’t playing his best 11 in any game, risking an Atalanta performance at any time. If we come back and put in another Leicester like performance great but that line up is again asking for trouble imo

Nineteenx
28th November 2020, 01:11 PM

Klopp played Mane out of form, continually fucking about with his position, most of us rate Mane as our best forward, you don't take your best forward out of their best position

Steveo
28th November 2020, 01:12 PM
Right now Jurgen isn’t playing his best 11 in any game, risking an Atalanta performance at any time. If we come back and put in another Leicester like performance great but that line up is again asking for trouble imo

Agreed - but you can see Klopp’s reasoning now. We have been forced into this type of shorter term risk taking due to the genuine threat of the entire season being over in early Spring.

Nineteenx
28th November 2020, 01:16 PM

Putting Neco out as a Premier League or Champions League footballer in any game is asking for trouble, we need two CBs in January, one who can also play at RB

Kev0909
28th November 2020, 01:18 PM
Agreed - but you can see Klopp’s reasoning now. We have been forced into this type of shorter term risk taking due to the genuine threat of the entire season being over in early Spring.

if we can't get a point against the danes we don't deserve to be in the champions league

I disagree about season being over- for example i'd of liked matip to be on the bench at least it's a risk we're taking for no reason

But I do know he has to rotate, so I agree on that bit, Milner keeps on playing though, what a trooper

If henderson can make the bench i'm sure a fit matip can

miller0863
28th November 2020, 01:18 PM
Unfortunately he is probably the weakest right back I have seen get this many first team minutes. And that is up against some pretty stiff competition

Kev0909
28th November 2020, 01:19 PM
Unfortunately he is probably the weakest right back I have seen get this many first team minutes. And that is up against some pretty stiff competition

Rather start Milner at RB and jones in CM or something like that

miller0863
28th November 2020, 01:20 PM
Yep me too Kev.

I do hope the lads can prove me wrong but that line up ... jeez, almost settle for a point here and now

Steveo
28th November 2020, 01:21 PM
I just think Klopp is damned if he does or doesn’t right now. Both roads involve big risk.

Nineteenx
28th November 2020, 01:22 PM
Yep me too Kev.

I do hope the lads can prove me wrong but that line up ... jeez, almost settle for a point here and now

Let's hope it turns out like the game v the Bittters when Origi and Shaq unexpectedly put in great performances when we were all like "What the FUCK is this?" when we saw the line up

miller0863
28th November 2020, 01:27 PM
Absolutely 19, it wouldn’t be Jurgen’s first rabbit out of the hat

Kev0909
28th November 2020, 01:28 PM
to be fair the attack should be enough to win us the game alone

teesred
28th November 2020, 01:32 PM
Rather start Milner at RB and jones in CM or something like that

I'd have thought that was the best way to go.

teesred
28th November 2020, 01:33 PM

Do you really think hes that bad?

miller0863
28th November 2020, 02:22 PM
Fuck me yes

teesred
28th November 2020, 02:24 PM
I feel bad for that, hes only 19. The stick is getting to him I'd say.

miller0863
28th November 2020, 02:26 PM
Well he can’t read it during the game mate, I doubt my comments are having any effect.
Nothing against the lad but when Hoever went I couldn’t believe we’d let him go and kept Williams, Hoever was way ahead in his development

teesred
28th November 2020, 02:31 PM
I dont mean you personally, Hes been getting stick for a while now.
Yep agree about Hoever but he wanted to go and the club didnt want to stand in his way.
Dont know if hes played much at Wolves yet?

miller0863
28th November 2020, 03:43 PM
So ... Jurgen’s gamble cost the midweek result in the Champions League to make sure we got 3 points v Brighton today.

That went well

justme
28th November 2020, 03:48 PM
I didnt get the Matip situation at all..I think league games are more important. Like ive said ever since the start of the season..
Klopp should have had our best partnership in defence today. Phillips did great. But Matip is much better with the ball. Phillips hoofed the ball quite a bit today.

Kev0909
28th November 2020, 03:48 PM
So ... Jurgen’s gamble cost the midweek result in the Champions League to make sure we got 3 points v Brighton today.

That went well

At least he played 34 year old milner in yet another game from the start, the only player that doesn't get any rest, Like I said in other thread i'm sure this has happened before with Milner

Shit player management all around i'm afraid

and he'll take longer to recover, probably won't see him until boxing day

Steveo
28th November 2020, 03:50 PM

That went well

Agreed. He ballsed up big time on Wednesday - BUT would add - he ballsed up again today by not putting out the strongest attack.

Mané and Salah should both start with Jota through the middle and Bobby behind - would have been too much for Brighton.

We Know Bobby is largely futile in the 9 - at least he has been for a long time. Minamino looks lost... So why take up two key berths with two players who don’t know where the goal is.?

Nineteenx
28th November 2020, 04:46 PM
Do you really think hes that bad?

He's an absolute fucking disaster, needs a loan like Rhys Williams had

teesred
28th November 2020, 06:15 PM
Today's line up was as baffling as Wednesdays, we all presumed it was going to be full strength for 2 of the three games . Looks like hes only going all out for Ajax. Or maybe he wont even do that.
Just seems utterly pointless what hes done as its achieved very little to nothing and weve picked up another injury whilst doing so.