PDA

View Full Version : Your team v Ajax (Champion's League)

Insidious
28th November 2020, 03:25 PM
...........................Alisson

Williams.........Matip........Fabinho.....Robertso n

.................Henderson........Wijnaldum

...Salah..............Firmino...........Mane

...............................Jota

justme
28th November 2020, 03:29 PM
Get lost with this already.. any one think you cant wait to post this thread

Kev0909
28th November 2020, 03:35 PM

What's wrong with him posting it?

.................. Alisson

Fabinho.........Matip........Williams.....Robertso n

Fuck playing Neco at RB fabinho can play there, has done before.

justme
28th November 2020, 03:41 PM
Just can't he wait until to like more than 1 minute after the game to look forward to another?? most of us are pissed off to bother with Tuesday right now

Insidious
28th November 2020, 03:54 PM

Gives people another direction to pursue discussion, rather than merely stewing on the result.

Don't have to read it if you don't want.

Kev0909
28th November 2020, 03:56 PM
I'm not all that worried about this game, we only need a draw against the danes a draw against Ajax will do too

Matip should of played today.. milner should of been rested

oh well

dicko1969
28th November 2020, 04:17 PM
Matip not even on the bench

Where was he again?

VVD
Gomez
Ox
Thiago
Keita
Matip
Shaqiri

Surely Thiago and Ox must be close to coming back.
What's Shaq got now ?

Kev0909
28th November 2020, 04:19 PM
Matip not even on the bench

Where was he again?

VVD
Gomez
Ox
Thiago
Keita
Matip
Shaqiri

Surely Thiago and Ox must be close to coming back.
What's Shaq got now ?

Apparently matip is fine, just I suppose klopp didn't want to risk him walking to the bench /sitting down on the bench IDK??

Ox,Thiago And shaqiri are a mystery, keep seeing Ox in photos looking strong training by himself, I don't have a clue

Like i said, it's weird how the club don't release any information to us fans, yet the line-up seems to get leaked?

Nineteenx
28th November 2020, 04:37 PM
Alisson

Fabinho Matip R.Williams Robertson

Jota Henderson Wijnaldum

Salah Firmino Mane

That's the team, think Jota will perform really well being that midfielder that has the most license to go and attack and rotating through positions with Bobby and Mo

Kev0909
28th November 2020, 05:15 PM
When has jota ever played as CM? surely firmino would be better playing the deeper role in a 4-2-3-1

Henderson wij being more defensive

Firmino creating going forward linking with Jota salah and mane

it makes sense, back to rafas system kinda

Why would you take the guy scoring goals away and put him in midfield?? your logic is??

skyebo
28th November 2020, 05:18 PM
Alisson
Williams N
Matip
Fabinho
Robertson
Jones
Henderson
Wijnaldum
Salah
Firmino
Mane

faridtoxteth
28th November 2020, 05:36 PM
Not Neco for me. Rather even Curtis Jones there. his decision making is better and he has a better skillset.

ianlfc
28th November 2020, 05:43 PM
Are you seriously questioning the management skills of 19x, Kev ?

ianlfc
28th November 2020, 05:44 PM
Not Neco for me. Rather even Curtis Jones there. his decision making is better and he has a better skillset.

Did you watch Curtis Jones playing right back today ?

skyebo
28th November 2020, 05:48 PM

If you dropped someone for having a couple of poor games, you wouldn't have a squad big enough. Time will tell if he makes it with us. They were all youngsters at one time and had bad games, he's no different.

ianlfc
28th November 2020, 05:52 PM
If you dropped someone for having a couple of poor games, you wouldn't have a squad big enough. Time will tell if he makes it with us. They were all youngsters at one time and had bad games, he's no different.

Well said mate. I find it hard criticising young players.

skyebo
28th November 2020, 05:54 PM

It doesn't bother some people Ian.

RedNoodle
28th November 2020, 05:56 PM

Neco isn't a regular though. When players are new to the team (be they coming through the ranks or new signings) they should be integrated into the first team bit by bit, with them requiring to provide enough evidence to show why they should be getting more playing time, and eventually a starting spot.

Is Neco currently doing enough to warrant more playing time, never mind a starting spot? Some would say his recent performances warrant him getting less time, and when he gets that time, he needs to do the above. Doing otherwise leaves us in a vulnerable position, or at least more vulnerable than we should be.

RedNoodle
28th November 2020, 05:59 PM
It doesn't bother some people Ian.

Praise or criticism should not depend on a persons age, only whether their actions/performances are deserving of those things or not. Yes either of those things could be tempered slightly depending on how near to either end of the spectrum a person is, but when you are not at either end, and/or you are a highly paid professional, you have to expect a bit of criticism when it comes your way, and to learn from it.

skyebo
28th November 2020, 06:01 PM
Neco isn't a regular though. When players are new to the team (be they coming through the ranks or new signings) they should be integrated into the first team bit by bit, with them requiring to provide enough evidence to show why they should be getting more playing time, and eventually a starting spot.

Is Neco currently doing enough to warrant more playing time, never mind a starting spot? Some would say his recent performances warrant him getting less time, and when he gets that time, he needs to do the above. Doing otherwise leaves us in a vulnerable position, or at least more vulnerable than we should be.

We all know he wouldn't be getting a start if Trent was fit. If he was that bad the other night, Klopp could have played someone else there today even though his options were limited. He obviously has more faith in him than some on here.

RedNoodle
28th November 2020, 06:10 PM
We all know he wouldn't be getting a start if Trent was fit. If he was that bad the other night, Klopp could have played someone else there today even though his options were limited. He obviously has more faith in him than some on here.

Some of Klopp's recent decisions have shown that he's not infallible. Having faith in someone can be a good thing. However repeatedly putting faith in someone or something when doing so costs you and/or your organisation is something else entirely.

ianlfc
28th November 2020, 06:12 PM
Praise or criticism should not depend on a persons age, only whether their actions/performances are deserving of those things or not. Yes either of those things could be tempered slightly depending on how near to either end of the spectrum a person is, but when you are not at either end, and/or you a highly paid professional, you have to expect a bit of criticism when it comes your way, and to learn from it.

Im just going by personal experience, I'm sure Neco knows he hadn't the best of games but there's a huge demand on young players .he's not Trent but he's giving it his all and maybe with time and backing he will put in the performance the manager and himself know he can give.

LEGS
28th November 2020, 06:17 PM
People keep digging at Klopp and Neco what else can he do ?

I said before our game no chance Milner plays all 5 games then this happens the top managers are getting this from sports science teams they KNOW what they are talking about Brighton lost players to injury too.

Neco will start against Ajax and its time people got behind our players yes he may not be good enough but he is the ONLY option now unless you play someone out of position.

I said before a ball was kicked if you have an off season this is the one to have it.

skyebo
28th November 2020, 06:20 PM
Some of Klopp's recent decisions have shown that he's not infallible. Having faith in someone can be a good thing. However repeatedly putting faith in someone or something when doing so costs you and/or your organisation is something else entirely.

Picking Williams today didn't cost us the win. It was Robertson who gave away the penalty in added time. Whether you agree with the decision or not, Robertson, not Williams cost us two points.

RedNoodle
28th November 2020, 06:22 PM
Im just going by personal experience, I'm sure Neco knows he hadn't the best of games but there's a huge demand on young players .he's not Trent but he's giving it his all and maybe with time and backing he will put in the performance the manager and himself know he can give.

But does he or those in charge of him know why he's not had the best of games, and if they do, what are they doing about it? Doing nothing about it will be as bad, if not worse than 'giving him both barrels'. He needs to be encouraged whilst simultaneously being told/shown in no uncertain terms why he is going wrong/how he can improve. Part of that comes from knowing what will/should happen if you perform well i.e. get more playing time, or if you perform poorly and get less time on the pitch.

RedNoodle
28th November 2020, 06:24 PM
Picking Williams today didn't cost us the win. It was Robertson who gave away the penalty in added time. Whether you agree with the decision or not, Robertson, not Williams cost us two points.

In the last couple of games we have performed poorly because of a number of poor decisions from Klopp, not solely as a result of him playing Neco.

miller0863
28th November 2020, 06:26 PM
There’s a difference between having a bad game and never having a good one because you’re not good enough.

skyebo
28th November 2020, 06:28 PM
In the last couple of games we have performed poorly because of a number of poor decisions from Klopp, not solely as a result of him playing Neco.

And what happens when we have a full squad to pick from, and he picks his best team and we don't win. Who gets the blame then ?

faridtoxteth
28th November 2020, 06:30 PM
Anyone who knows my posts on this forum will know that i am very reluctant to criticise any players, especially youngsters. I do think that Neco Williams is just out of his depth. It's not really a personal criticism of his game. He had a very poor game in mid week and if you remember in this fixture last season Jurgen also had to take him off at half time because he was getting done too easily. He gave away a penalty in this game, trying to tackle with the wrong foot. Whereas Andy Robbos penalty was hardly a penalty, and Welbeck had time to think about if he would even bother going down or not.
I do love to see our young players coming through, and would rather see that than just buying in talent, but sometimes players just look like they can't manage it. Another example is Sepp vd Berg. I don't think we should be afraid to say that such and such a young player us just not ready yet. I felt midweek that Matip was reluctant to pass to Neco, So it is affecting the team shape and they system of playing.

RedNoodle
28th November 2020, 06:37 PM
And what happens when we have a full squad to pick from, and he picks his best team and we don't win. Who gets the blame then ?

If he picks a team and also makes any changes that have consistently shown themselves to be good enough to beat those in front of him, then the players have to take a large part of the blame, but then again you have to ask yourself why they performed poorly. Was it just down to them, or was it down to something he did or did not do?

In regards to selections, formations and any mid game changes, such things fall squarely on Klopp's shoulders.

Kev0909
28th November 2020, 06:38 PM
Are you seriously questioning the management skills of 19x, Kev ?

:lol::lol::lol:

Jota scores goals, quick stick him in the CM position for the bants

skyebo
28th November 2020, 06:45 PM
If he picks a team and also makes any changes that have consistently shown themselves to be good enough to beat those in front of him, then the players have to take a large part of the blame, but then again you have to ask yourself why they performed poorly. Was it just down to them, or was it down to something he did or did not do?

In regards to selections, formations and any mid game changes, such things fall squarely on Klopp's shoulders.

No-one knows why they performed poorly, but in sport nothing is guaranteed. Regarding formations, i've said before that the players should be clever enough to change things themselves during games without Klopp holding their hand, they'll know by the score at the time if they are working or not.

southernboy
28th November 2020, 06:56 PM

Me too. I vividly remember people wanking themselves silly over Neco last season. Apparently back four was sorted for the next 10 years.

Let’s not forget, that he’s learning his trade in a completely unsettled back four. Would he be better with VvD and Gomez alongside him?

We all know that he wouldn’t be starting if Trent was fit, and lets not forget, he has his defensive lapses.

RedNoodle
28th November 2020, 07:00 PM
No-one knows why they performed poorly, but in sport nothing is guaranteed. Regarding formations, i've said before that the players should be clever enough to change things themselves during games without Klopp holding their hand, they'll know by the score at the time if they are working or not.

Nothing is guaranteed, but a lot of things are well signposted. In such circumstances, if you end up losing your way, you have nobody else to blame but yourself.

Each person has to take responsibility for themselves and the things they can directly effect. Some people are in a position to have a bigger effect on things than others.

LEGS
28th November 2020, 07:45 PM
Me too. I vividly remember people wanking themselves silly over Neco last season. Apparently back four was sorted for the next 10 years.

Let’s not forget, that he’s learning his trade in a completely unsettled back four. Would he be better with VvD and Gomez alongside him?

We all know that he wouldn’t be starting if Trent was fit, and lets not forget, he has his defensive lapses.

He played well last season but it can happen with younger players start well but weakness doesnt take long to spot same with a batsman at cricket.

He might be a player who needs a crowd its not an excuse just human nature.

Ive noticed people having sly digs at Klopp this was the same shit directed at Rafa and look who replaced him.

We have the best manager in the world abd if we win nothing this season we still have the best manager in the world.

We are not going to roll teams over week by week more rotation is needed the problem we have is we must have 7/8 first team members out all for a long time not easy to do much when that happens.

skyebo
28th November 2020, 07:54 PM
He played well last season but it can happen with younger players start well but weakness doesnt take long to spot same with a batsman at cricket.

He might be a player who needs a crowd its not an excuse just human nature.

Ive noticed people having sly digs at Klopp this was the same shit directed at Rafa and look who replaced him.

We have the best manager in the world abd if we win nothing this season we still have the best manager in the world.

We are not going to roll teams over week by week more rotation is needed the problem we have is we must have 7/8 first team members out all for a long time not easy to do much when that happens.

Great post Legs.

reddownunder
29th November 2020, 12:05 AM
Alisson
Fabinho Matip R Williams Robertson
Henderson Jones
Salah Firmino Mane
Jota

Nineteenx
29th November 2020, 02:01 PM
When has jota ever played as CM? surely firmino would be better playing the deeper role in a 4-2-3-1

Henderson wij being more defensive

Firmino creating going forward linking with Jota salah and mane

it makes sense, back to rafas system kinda

Why would you take the guy scoring goals away and put him in midfield?? your logic is??

He's not playing CM, he's the attacking mid of the 3 playing a much more free role, it might have escaped your attention, but most of his goals have come from him starting from a deeper position and making well timed runs to be found, when he plays LFWD or RFWD he comes short and drops off almost all the time and that actually affects our overall team play because we've played consistently for a very long time with both our LFWD and RFWD making runs in behind, creating space for us and situations we can win second balls from

The last 2 league games we've played 4312/433 with the more attacking mid taking Bobby's place in the front 3 when Bobby's deeper helping out the midfield, so i apologies if you think playing Jota so he'll mostly be in positions to get involved in attacks that are exactly where and how he's scored most of his goals from is a bad idea

teesred
29th November 2020, 03:13 PM

Agree fully with that and what LEGS has said. Hes 19 and has already had way too much criticism. He might benefit from being away a while but its unlikely with our ever growing injury list. We have been spoilt the last 3 years having probably the best RB we've had in almost a generation.

ianlfc
29th November 2020, 10:10 PM

Fabinho.........Matip........Williams .....Robertson

Something like this Miller?

Kev0909
29th November 2020, 10:36 PM

I don't see any other option

Can play neco, I do think he's alright but the thing is the lad will have 0 confidence now, not the best v ajax attackers

Fabinho has to be sacrificed for me and play RB but you never know neco might start and have a good game, i hope

miller0863
29th November 2020, 10:44 PM
That would do it for me Ian

ianlfc
29th November 2020, 10:59 PM
Ha ha,One things for sure It's all very exciting.

southernboy
29th November 2020, 11:11 PM
If I was a betting man, I’d put £5 on Neco starting.

miller0863
29th November 2020, 11:14 PM
I wouldn’t be surprised but he will cost us if he starts

LFC vs PFC
30th November 2020, 01:02 AM
I remember Trent being fuck awful for quite some time, and it was a toss up between him and Gomez at right back.

I found it hard to see Trent or Gomez ever making anything of themselves in a decent team.

Insidious
30th November 2020, 10:22 AM
I remember Trent being fuck awful for quite some time, and it was a toss up between him and Gomez at right back.

I found it hard to see Trent or Gomez ever making anything of themselves in a decent team.

On this, it's amazing when players have nights where they announce themselves to the World and say "yep, this is my spot" to their rival for their position.

Trent had a performer against Man City - think it was a European one, think it was Sane who played left-wing for City - where I had been really nervous about his inclusion and City potentially exploiting that side of the pitch - and Trent absolutely bossed it all night.

Was a joy to see and the more players that come through the Academy of course, the better it is in terms of bolstering other positions further down the line due to saved finances.

Indirectly, the likes of breakthroughs/free transfers/cheap transfers of players like Trent, Gomez, Matip, Milner, Robertson is part of the reason we were able to get the likes of Jota in a difficult financial climate.

CCTV
30th November 2020, 03:32 PM

That'd do me

TheDOC1979
1st December 2020, 05:12 PM
Let’s wrap this group up tonight and wrap the players up in cotton wool please

Kev0909
1st December 2020, 07:42 PM
Allison is out

Williams starting

Apart from that the rest of the team looks OK

Kev0909
1st December 2020, 07:44 PM
Kelleher

Williams
matip
fabino
robby

Hendo
Jones
WIj

salah
Jota
Mane

jr81
1st December 2020, 07:46 PM
Kelleher

Williams
matip
fabino
robby

Hendo
Jones
WIj

salah
Jota
Mane

Kelleher? Nó Adrian.. Wow.

dicko1969
1st December 2020, 07:49 PM
Kelleher

Williams
matip
fabino
robby

Hendo
Jones
WIj

salah
Jota
Mane

The bench must have an average age of 19

Kev0909
1st December 2020, 07:51 PM
The bench must have an average age of 19

It's why I hope we don't have 5 subs very soon, it won't benefit us but everyone else who has a half decent bench

probably anyone in the top 10/12

stevie harkness
1st December 2020, 07:54 PM

I wonder if that was the plan or a response to Adrian's tweet.

dicko1969
1st December 2020, 07:55 PM
I dont agree
The point is to rotate the players to stop further injuries.

This is where everyone is confused.

I'm surprised KDB isnt injured played a lot of football.

The thing is those not in Europe dont need it this far because they are not in Europe.

But come the end of December let's hope the shit teams like Everton get 5 or 6 injuries.

teesred
1st December 2020, 08:01 PM
Kelleher

Williams
matip
fabino
robby

Hendo
Jones
WIj

salah
Jota
Mane

Decent team considering.

teesred
1st December 2020, 08:01 PM
I wonder if that was the plan or a response to Adrian's tweet.

Could well be.

Nineteenx
1st December 2020, 08:02 PM
Team confirmed:

Kelleher

N.Williams Matip Fabinho Robertson

Jones Henderson Wijnaldum

Salah Jota Mane

Come on come on come ON Liverpool, come the fucking fuck on Liverpool, get the win here tonight and another vital 3 points to seal qualification for the knockout phase

faridtoxteth
1st December 2020, 08:02 PM
I think it's a response to Adrian's performances.

Kev0909
1st December 2020, 08:03 PM

Williams still starts though hope the lad has a good game and his confidence isn't completely destroyed yet after last few games

Steveo
1st December 2020, 08:04 PM
Williams still starts though hope the lad has a good game and his confidence isn't completely destroyed yet after last few games

He needs to just calm down. There is a player in there. Klopp believes in him - just wish he did a bit more.

ianlfc
1st December 2020, 08:04 PM

As good a time as any to prove how good he is.
Famous last words, but he could be no worse,
Adrian has been shocking in European games hopefully the kid has a solid game.

Fucking goalkeepers!!

Kev0909
1st December 2020, 08:05 PM
Bring back karius

at least he wasn't out injured all the time

"tight leg?" come on ffs he's a fkin goalie

miller0863
1st December 2020, 08:05 PM
Best he can hope for is a quiet game.

Kev0909
1st December 2020, 08:06 PM
it'll be interesting to see who's missed most games end of the season in the league (goalkeepers)

Bet allison will win

Steveo
1st December 2020, 08:07 PM
Are we thinking that Klopp feels that Ajax couldn’t hit a cows backside with a banjo...??

ianlfc
1st December 2020, 08:07 PM

🤣🤣🤣

jr81
1st December 2020, 08:11 PM
As good a time as any to prove how good he is.
Famous last words, but he could be no worse,
Adrian has been shocking in European games hopefully the kid has a solid game.

Fucking goalkeepers!!
True, a big call by Klopp. Plus a wake up call to Adrian.