PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool v Ajax (CL Match Thread)

Pages : [1] 2

RedNoodle
1st December 2020, 08:38 PM
Liverpool

Kelleher, Neco Williams, Matip, Fabinho, Robertson, Jones, Wijnaldum, Henderson, Jota, Salah, Mane.

Subs: Firmino, Adrian, Minamino, Tsimikas, Origi, Rhys Williams, Jaros, Cain, Clarkson.

Ajax

Onana, Mazraoui, Schuurs, Blind, Tagliafico, Alvarez, Klaassen, Gravenberch, Antony, Tadic, Neres.

Subs: Stekelenburg, Timber, Klaiber, Huntelaar, Promes, Scherpen, Ekkelenkamp, Labyad, Martinez, Traore.

Referee

Tobias Stieler (Germany).

Nineteenx
1st December 2020, 08:43 PM
Kelleher

N.Williams Matip Fabinho Robertson

Jones Henderson Wijnaldum

Salah Jota Mane

Come on come on come ON Liverpool, come the fucking fuck on Liverpool, get the win here tonight and another vital 3 points to seal qualification for the knockout phase

justme
1st December 2020, 08:44 PM
ZZZ at the previous post seen it a billion times

Anyway solid start take it from there

CCTV
1st December 2020, 08:45 PM
It's official Jota starts up top :)

Nineteenx
1st December 2020, 08:45 PM
ZZZ at the previous post seen it a billion times

Anyway solid start take it from there

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ at this post, seen it a gazillion times

southernboy
1st December 2020, 08:51 PM
I think the tactic tonight should be to keep the ball at their end of the pitch.

Good to see Henderson starting. Fingers crossed, no more injuries.

justme
1st December 2020, 08:54 PM
Liverpool can confirm Chris Morgan has returned to the club in the position of first-team physiotherapist. He rejoins the Reds' medical team having departed in 2016 following 10 years of service. Morgan went on to work with Crystal Palace and, most recently, Arsenal as a senior physio.15 Aug 2020

Palace then Arsenal have had long injury lists in the last few years.. Mostly muscle injuries.. Apart from Lallana. The team asnt really suffered from them kinda injuries in recent seasons.
Not blaming the physio for all these , but he seems to have missed the injury to Thiago and how bad it was..

CCTV
1st December 2020, 08:56 PM
A big win would be welcome:)

Steveo
1st December 2020, 08:57 PM
For Justme and 19x

https://youtu.be/yizYnjmoMzs

Nineteenx
1st December 2020, 08:57 PM
Kick off imminent, Come on come on come ON Liverpool, come the fucking fuck on Liverpool, let's be as good as we can possibly be with this line up, get the win and another vital 3 points here tonight

Nineteenx
1st December 2020, 08:59 PM
For Justme and 19x

https://youtu.be/yizYnjmoMzs

He's never liked me :D Claimed for several seasons my username was a jinx and the only reason we hadn't won the league before last season, doesn't like my Fabinho analysis, but the results and performance levels after he moved back into the centre of midfield compared to those in his absence tell the true story, that I'm right ;)

RedNoodle
1st December 2020, 08:59 PM
Come on the Reds!!!!!

RedNoodle
1st December 2020, 09:00 PM
A big win would be welcome:)

Any kind of win for us and no injuries would be more than welcome.

southernboy
1st December 2020, 09:02 PM
I honestly can’t remember a goalkeeper having a hamstring injury before; certainly not one of ours.

Insidious
1st December 2020, 09:02 PM
Enjoy the game lads!

RedNoodle
1st December 2020, 09:03 PM
Jones could/should have done better there.

justme
1st December 2020, 09:06 PM
twat ref. there was no where near a free kick there..

RedNoodle
Jones hits the post. I hope it's not going to be 'one of those' nights.

CCTV
Jota heads on for Salah who should get a shot away, but Mo gets a pass to Jones who hits the post

Kev0909
1st December 2020, 09:07 PM
Enjoy the game lads!

Can't even be arsed today top fan

Steveo
1st December 2020, 09:08 PM
He's never liked me :D Claimed for several seasons my username was a jinx and the only reason we hadn't won the league before last season, doesn't like my Fabinho analysis, but the results and performance levels after he moved back into the centre of midfield compared to those in his absence tell the true story, that I'm right ;)

Don’t sweat it dude.

Just so you all know. I will use almost any chance I get to insert an Alan Partridge clip. Cant help myself.

Come on the Reds...!

Nineteenx
1st December 2020, 09:14 PM
Time for a slash, we'll probably score as soon as I leave the room

CCTV
1st December 2020, 09:16 PM
Midgy take the lead in bergamo

miller0863
1st December 2020, 09:19 PM
That’s both Jones and Williams have had easy 10 yard passes to Mo but gone for the Hollywood and been nowhere near. Keep it simple lads

CCTV
1st December 2020, 09:23 PM
Kelleher does well enough to get down and save a low header

Steveo
Ajax looking a real threat

miller0863
Ajax the better team and look like they will be scoring soon

miller0863
1st December 2020, 09:24 PM
Oh Jota lad we were in

3underpar
Heavy touch by Jota or he was away

CCTV
A bad heavy touch after a burst of the afterburners from Jota

miller0863
1st December 2020, 09:25 PM
Come on Wij better than that please

CCTV
1st December 2020, 09:25 PM
Gini 6, Hendo right and Jones left in the midfield please

RedNoodle
1st December 2020, 09:27 PM
Robertson is down.

FFS!!! :mad:

Steveo
1st December 2020, 09:28 PM
Bloody heck - Robbo is hurt. What the fook is going on...?

miller0863
1st December 2020, 09:29 PM
Got to say the ref is a touch whistle happy

CCTV
1st December 2020, 09:29 PM
Kenny Cunningham doing a decent Boring James Milner talking about the new kids socks as Robbi gets taped up

RedNoodle
1st December 2020, 09:30 PM
Neco gets into a good position and then passes the ball backwards.

CCTV
1st December 2020, 09:31 PM
Good lad Curtis :)

3underpar
1st December 2020, 09:32 PM
Good save kid!

CCTV
1st December 2020, 09:32 PM
Kelleher with a good save

RedNoodle
1st December 2020, 09:33 PM
Kelleher saves a long range effort.

worldpanel
Allison who?

teesred
Their midfield is playing well. Bossing ours.

RedNoodle
Allison who?

Really WP?

miller0863
1st December 2020, 09:34 PM
Some of our long balls tonight

vin
Not sure why he picked Robbo tonight. Surely the "greek lad" showed enough v Atlanta?

Kev0909

Not surprising when Brighton bossed it

Nineteenx
1st December 2020, 09:35 PM
Come on come on come ON Liverpool, come the fucking fuck on Liverpool, nick yourselves a goal here now

CCTV
It takes 3 ajaxes to foul Jota.

Hendo & Robbo stand over it... Hendo hits the wall and its cleared.

Kev0909
Not sure why he picked Robbo tonight. Surely the "greek lad" showed enough v Atlanta?

Makes a bit more sense than milner starting every game

worldpanel
1st December 2020, 09:36 PM
Really WP?

Nice to have a potential 'safe-hands' back there

Nineteenx
1st December 2020, 09:37 PM

I think we're missing Bobby dropping in tbh, he does a hell of a lot of work and helping support the midfield and link to attack that people don't appreciate

miller0863
1st December 2020, 09:38 PM
Hope the Schuurs rumours are tri, looks very decent

RedNoodle
1st December 2020, 09:38 PM
Nice to have a potential 'safe-hands' back there

One 'okay' save any half decent keeper would be expected to make doesn't mean a great deal on its own.

CCTV
1st December 2020, 09:39 PM
Allison who?

So far, I'll give it a full 90 but at this rate....

RedNoodle
1st December 2020, 09:39 PM
Hope the Shurs rumours are tri, looks very decent

And with such a performance his price increases, whilst FSG's (I mean our) cheque book becomes even less likely to be opened.

3underpar
1st December 2020, 09:40 PM
Ugh Jota needed to go left there in the box

RedNoodle
1st December 2020, 09:40 PM
Jota should have hit that first time.

miller0863
1st December 2020, 09:41 PM
Poor touch again from Jota when we were in

teesred
I think we're missing Bobby dropping in tbh, he does a hell of a lot of work and helping support the midfield and link to attack that people don't appreciate

Agree. We look exposed in there. Losing every second ball too.

CCTV
One 'okay' save any half decent keeper would be expected to make doesn't mean a great deal on its own.

In a first start of note this season, in a big CL fixture.

teesred
1st December 2020, 09:42 PM
Hope the Schuurs rumours are tri, looks very decent

Looks very much like De light. Assured and strong.

miller0863
1st December 2020, 09:43 PM
First time Mané has beaten Schuurs

Nineteenx
1st December 2020, 09:43 PM
Schuurs has been superb for them so far, I'd love us to sign him up in January, SHOULD have been sent off there though, mistimed his challenge on Mane and he was the last man, Mane was clear if he hadn't fouled him

RedNoodle
1st December 2020, 09:44 PM
In a first start of note this season, in a big CL fixture.

It's still only one moment, one which only required a 'normal' reaction, not any kind of 'decision making' or 'decisiveness', which is the real test of a great keeper. Any decent keeper can make a good save, heck I could when I was younger.

CCTV
Robbo should have scored a cracker

miller0863
Think Robbo tried to score there

Steveo
We were below par in Amsterdam but got the result, poor v Atalanta - and IMO poor again tonight. Only game we played well in the CL this season - Atalanta away.

Klopp has much work to do at HT

RedNoodle
1st December 2020, 09:45 PM
First time Mané has beaten Schuurs

Is that because the former is running on empty, or because the latter is quick? Before he did that I was going to post the former.

vin
1st December 2020, 09:46 PM
It's still only one moment, one which only required a 'normal' reaction, not any kind of 'decision making' or 'decisiveness', which is the real test of a great keeper. Any decent keeper can make a good save, heck I could when I was younger.

Noods, I think he was just being encouraging.

Adrian who?

teesred
1st December 2020, 09:48 PM
Ajax look a decent side. Keeping the ball well and have us pretty much at arms length in midfield and attack.
Midfield needs to be better second half as they're nowhere near Ajax.

Nineteenx
HT 0-0 Could have scored, Jones twice and Jota once and another he took a poor touch when we were otherwise 3v2 on the counter, got the extra goal threat of Jota up front, but we are really missing all the hard graft Bobby does dropping into midfield

Over to Jurgen to work his HT magic and make sure we're A LOT better second half, get the win and another vital 3 points to book our place in the knockout stages

justme
Our ball control in this half has been poor.. we are playing back to front and losing the possession all the time

Steveo
1st December 2020, 09:49 PM
Have to credit Ajax dominated us on the ball.

RedNoodle

Adrian who?

Perhaps, but some people do like to hype up a player (particularly one of their own) a bit too quickly at times. I prefer to wait for a bit more evidence before doing such a thing.

southernboy
The spanking we gave Leicester feels like A long time ago

worldpanel

Adrian who?

I was being encouraging
Noods....
Shake Hands!

Steveo
HT 0-0 Could have scored, Jones twice and Jota once and another he took a poor touch when we were otherwise 3v2 on the counter, got the extra goal threat of Jota up front, but we are really missing all the hard graft Bobby does dropping into midfield

Over to Jurgen to work his HT magic and make sure we're A LOT better second half, get the win and another vital 3 points to book our place in the knockout stages

Midfield is shocking dude - have the balance to call it.

No Bobby in Bergamo and we smashed Atalanta for 5...didn’t get zip after Jota was replaced. Not that one game proves analysing but one half and the problem is quality in the ball.

EDIT: not that one game proves anything but this is just one half and the problem is our quality on the ball. It is the midfield that is struggling most here.

miller0863
1st December 2020, 09:50 PM
Much much better half from Neco, probably his best 45 in a first team game. Kelleher was better with his feet than Adrian, launching it long when needs be.
A bit meh from the midfield, we’ve been in some excellent positions and wasted them with poor touches or final balls. Strangely Jota at fault for us not going in at half time in front with two heavy touches at vital moments.
Enthralling game that could still end up going either way, difficult to call.

faridtoxteth
1st December 2020, 09:52 PM
Neco Williams playing a more solid game tonight. He is keeping it simple, sometimes just getting rid, and not turning back into trouble. I think Ajax have been targeting him in the last 25 minutes.
We have been linked with Schuurs haven't we. Maybe just paper talk, but he looks really good.
Atalanta currently losing at home. if it stays that way does that mean we are through regardless?

LEGS
1st December 2020, 09:52 PM
Schurrs is fairly quick too not seen much of him but if rumoured to be available £25m then might be worth a go.

Jota has missed 2 great chances to play someone in.

Just get the draw go through and play the U18s next week that is the plan.

RedNoodle
1st December 2020, 09:53 PM
I was being encouraging
Noods....
Shake Hands!

Which is fair enough, and would have been even if you were doing what I said above. I would have just seen what you said more as encouragement if you had said something like "good save lad!".

vin
1st December 2020, 09:54 PM
Are "our" expectations to play like the first XI even though we are injury ravaged? That's going to cause uncertainty.

RedNoodle
1st December 2020, 09:55 PM
Much much better half from Neco, probably his best 45 in a first team game. Kelleher was better with his feet than Adrian, launching it long when needs be.
A bit meh from the midfield, we’ve been in some excellent positions and wasted them with poor touches or final balls. Strangely Jota at fault for us not going in at half time in front with two heavy touches at vital moments.

We desperately need someone in midfield who can hang on the ball, more so given we look like we are running on empty and could do without giving away the ball as easily as we are, especially what is going on with our backline.

ianlfc
1st December 2020, 09:56 PM
The lads up top need to take any chance we get. A bit sloppy from Jota and Mane looks as if he can't be arsed.
A solid half but we need a goal.

stevie harkness
1st December 2020, 09:57 PM
Neco Williams playing a more solid game tonight. He is keeping it simple, sometimes just getting rid, and not turning back into trouble. I think Ajax have been targeting him in the last 25 minutes.
We have been linked with Schuurs haven't we. Maybe just paper talk, but he looks really good.
Atalanta currently losing at home. if it stays that way does that mean we are through regardless?

Yes, if Atalanta lose tonight then we are through regardless.

CCTV
1st December 2020, 09:58 PM

Agree. Would like to see Gini at 6, Hendo rcm and Curtis lcm

ianlfc
1st December 2020, 09:59 PM
The Ajax lad was lucky not to get a red card.

worldpanel
1st December 2020, 09:59 PM
Which is fair enough, and would have been even if you were doing what I said above. I would have just seen what you said more as encouragement if you had said something like "good save lad!".

I have no idea how to attach a pic, needless to say the shake hands was blackstuff related

Nineteenx
1st December 2020, 10:00 PM
Midfield is shocking dude - have the balance to call it.

No Bobby in Bergamo and we smashed Atalanta for 5...didn’t get zip after Jota was replaced. Not that one game proves analysing but one half and the problem is quality in the ball.

EDIT: not that one game proves anything but this is just one half and the problem is our quality on the ball. It is the midfield that is struggling most here.

They're being outnumbered, Bobby makes it a four a lot of the time and drops very deep quite a lot, deeper than 2 of the midfielders, in the game v Atalanta they played very open and their press was non existent, Jota has to link midfield and attack better in this game and help midfield more, I'm sure he'll pop up with a goal or 2 second half, he has wasted 2 decent chances with a poor touch first half, one of himself and one where we were 3v2 and he should have played Mo in but for a poor touch

faridtoxteth
1st December 2020, 10:00 PM
Agree. Would like to see Gini at 6, Hendo rcm and Curtis lcm

That would make sense to me to. What does Jurgen Klopp understand that we are too thick to see?

Nineteenx
1st December 2020, 10:01 PM
Schurrs is fairly quick too not seen much of him but if rumoured to be available £25m then might be worth a go.

Need to make that deal happen in January, he's quality

Nineteenx
1st December 2020, 10:02 PM
Second half, here we go, Come on come on come ON Liverpool, come the fucking fuck on Liverpool, let's be A LOT better this half, get yourselves in front here now and go on to get the win

Steveo
1st December 2020, 10:03 PM
They're being outnumbered, Bobby makes it a four a lot of the time and drops very deep quite a lot, deeper than 2 of the midfielders, in the game v Atalanta they played very open and their press was non existent, Jota has to link midfield and attack better in this game and help midfield more, I'm sure he'll pop up with a goal or 2 second half, he has wasted 2 decent chances with a poor touch first half, one of himself and one where we were 3v2 and he should have played Mo in but for a poor touch

Shouldn’t need a forward to supplement your midfield. I would personally try and get Bobby on behind Jota. But the problem so far has been a lack of composure. The fact is If we don’t have Trent of Robbo bombing forward we don’t create nearly as much.

miller0863
1st December 2020, 10:08 PM
Jota not been as sharp tonight and another poor touch by us when in on goal, Mané this time

RedNoodle
1st December 2020, 10:08 PM
That could, possibly should have been 0-1.

miller0863
1st December 2020, 10:09 PM
Tut tut tut free header five yards out

CCTV
1st December 2020, 10:10 PM
Mane was nearly in, moments later klassen heads wide from a cross on their left side

Nineteenx
1st December 2020, 10:10 PM
Shouldn’t need a forward to supplement your midfield. I would personally try and get Bobby on behind Jota. But the problem so far has been a lack of composure. The fact is If we don’t have Trent of Robbo bombing forward we don’t create nearly as much.

What ARE you on about? Our midfield 3 has played with that forward supplement since Jurgen arrived

miller0863
1st December 2020, 10:11 PM
I know you said it could be 0-1 but it could just as easily 3-1

CCTV
1st December 2020, 10:12 PM
Neco a little irate with Salah who put him off... good lad :)

RedNoodle
Only Olympiacos have had less shots on target at home in the Cl than us this season. 3 vs 4.

:o

Insidious
Have to credit Ajax dominated us on the ball.

Been a very good outfit under Ten Hag. Very good.

Schurr is definitely one we should try to acquire.

CCTV
1st December 2020, 10:13 PM
Mane offside

RedNoodle
1st December 2020, 10:13 PM
Blind gets booked.

miller0863
1st December 2020, 10:15 PM
Gaaa Neco move the ball lad move the ball

worldpanel
That was close, hits the post...time to wake up

RedNoodle
Again it could, possibly should be 0-1.

Nineteenx
Come on come on come ON Liverpool, come the fucking fuck on Liverpool, get yourselves ahead here now

teesred
1st December 2020, 10:16 PM
Wow, I had no idea Matips appearance record over thelast year was so bad. 8 out of 61 games.

Nineteenx
Come on come on come ON Liverpool, come the fucking fuck on Liverpool, get yourselves ahead here now

Boooooooooooooooooom get the fucking FUCK in 1-0 Jones

3underpar
Jonesssssss yay

teesred
Get in

justme
1st December 2020, 10:17 PM
Jonessssss

worldpanel
How did he prod that in !!

RedNoodle
Get in Curtis!!!

Helped in no small part by a mistake from their keeper.

Nineteenx
Wow, I had no idea Matips appearance record over thelast year was so bad. 8 out of 61 games.

He spent a lot of time on the bench when he should have been playing, as demonstrated v Atletico Madrid

3underpar
Great touch and horrible keeper error

LEGS
Nice hope it can steady the nerves now.

WTF was the keeper doing though

Insidious
I know in terms of team selection that a lot of folks felt that resting players and waiting for the Midtyjlland game (seen as an easy win through some eyes) was the way to go.

Given that we are 1-0 up in our match and Midtyjlland are currently beating Atalanta (because anything can happen in Football) would anyone say they've had their mind changed as to how best to approach the situation? :lol:

Brilliant finish from Jones.

CCTV
That would make sense to me to. What does Jurgen Klopp understand that we are too thick to see?

Ich weiss nicht - not a skippers

Good shout, Jones maybe making way imo, he'll never score :D

1-0

miller0863
1st December 2020, 10:18 PM
Wahooo what a finish by Curtis getting onto a perfect cross from Neco, both playing extremely well

vin
1st December 2020, 10:18 PM
He spent a lot of time on the bench when he should have been playing, as demonstrated v Atletico Madrid

To be fair Gomez and Matip were looking and playing immense. Gomez got injured and then Matip came in like a god

RedNoodle
1st December 2020, 10:19 PM
Great touch and horrible keeper error

If you're a keeper you've got to be decisive. Either stay on your line or come for the ball with 100% conviction.

TheDOC1979
1st December 2020, 10:19 PM
Was waiting for VAR to randomly chalk this off too

RedNoodle
1st December 2020, 10:20 PM
Was waiting for VAR to randomly chalk this off too

If it had been a domestic game it probably would have been.

3underpar
1st December 2020, 10:21 PM
Mo doesn’t put a shot onto goal and loses it ugh

miller0863
1st December 2020, 10:22 PM
That is Jota’s fourth heavy touch of the night

3underpar
If you're a keeper you've got to be decisive. Either stay on your line or come for the ball with 100% conviction.

Yep he was in no man’s land there. Great touch from jones though to put it in

TheDOC1979
If it had been a domestic game it probably would have been.

Needs binning Noods and not because we're obviously biased, but its a load of shite mate

teesred

He'll have been unavailable for the vast majority of that 61 for sure.

RedNoodle
1st December 2020, 10:23 PM
Needs binning Noods and not because we're obviously biased, but its a load of shite mate

It's currently not fit for purpose. You may as well just have the ref flip a coin every time a decision needs to be made.

CCTV
1st December 2020, 10:24 PM
Salah Ramoses Onana !!

Steveo
1st December 2020, 10:24 PM
What ARE you on about? Our midfield 3 has played with that forward supplement since Jurgen arrived

Yes so you advocate that being our only option. Our midfield needs upgrading and has done for a long time.

Nineteenx
1st December 2020, 10:26 PM
Bobby on for Jota, Come on come on come ON Liverpool, come the fucking fuck on Liverpool, nick yourselves a second here now

TheDOC1979
1st December 2020, 10:27 PM
Yes so you advocate that being our only option. Our midfield needs upgrading and has done for a long time.

Are you saying this because Thiago hasn't played? He needs to play with the current midfield and be regular starter. Ox, Keita, Thiago have never had a long stint in Midfield. When they were fit, apart from Thiago, they were class. Think our midfield without injuries is actually quite decent.

CCTV
1st December 2020, 10:28 PM
Bobby on for Jota.

Hendo goes close with an effort from range

Nineteenx
1st December 2020, 10:28 PM

You weren't complaining about it when it was key to our winning the Champions League and then the Premier League or in the recent game v Leicester whose own midfield trio boss plenty of games and are all supposed to be better than ours with the ball, but did shit against our 3 supported by Bobby

RedNoodle
1st December 2020, 10:29 PM
Winjnaldum gets booked.

CCTV
1st December 2020, 10:29 PM
Gini booked

RedNoodle
1st December 2020, 10:31 PM
Shoooot!!!!!

Nineteenx
1st December 2020, 10:31 PM
Hendo's played Mo through and Mane through twice so far for what should have been goals Come on come on come ON Liverpool, come the fucking fuck on Liverpool, nick yourselves a second here now

RedNoodle
1st December 2020, 10:33 PM
Good work from Bobby there.

3underpar
1st December 2020, 10:34 PM
We should have finished this thing off already.

Steveo
1st December 2020, 10:34 PM
Are you saying this because Thiago hasn't played? He needs to play with the current midfield and be regular starter. Ox, Keita, Thiago have never had a long stint in Midfield. When they were fit, apart from Thiago, they were class. Think our midfield without injuries is actually quite decent.

It is workmanlike - they work their arses off no argument but lack guile - only works with a brilliant front 3 and 2 amazing full backs. How many players has Klopp bought to go in there. He is well aware it needs work if we are to keep improving 1 sadly he hasn’t worked out what players to buy. Keita - Ox - Thiago have all been bought to be starters - hopefully Thiago will be but can he stay fit.?

I like Jones the first time I saw him because he looks like he has confidence - an arrogance.
He deserves his place now. But we have been outplayed by many many sides in Europe over the last 3 or 4 years

miller0863
1st December 2020, 10:35 PM
Ffs another excellent position wasted by a terrible first touch. All three up front starters have been awful tonight when presented with really good opportunities

Steveo
1st December 2020, 10:36 PM
Atalanta score 1:1

miller0863
1st December 2020, 10:37 PM
This ref is garbage

RedNoodle
Atalanta have equalised.

TheDOC1979
Ffs another excellent position wasted by a terrible first touch. All three up front starters have been awful tonight when presented with really good opportunities

Mbappe 2021 !!

HLOGI
1st December 2020, 10:38 PM
Neco Williams has grown into the game. His best game so far for us.

teesred
1st December 2020, 10:39 PM
Williams has been spot on. Jones has had a very good second half too. Sometimes it feels like he plays it safe but when he plays like he knows he can looks really good.

miller0863
1st December 2020, 10:39 PM
Haaland

Nineteenx
1st December 2020, 10:40 PM
Mbappe 2021 !!

:D Mbappe, Kev would have him taken out back and shot with the amount of chances he misses, some posters here go mental when one of our forwards misses a chance, MBappe missed 2 and Neymar 1 in the opening 15 minutes of the Champions League final

TheDOC1979
1st December 2020, 10:40 PM
Haaland

Touche' kind sir.

TheDOC1979
1st December 2020, 10:41 PM
:D Mbappe, Kev would have him taken out back and shot with the amount of chances he misses, some posters here go mental when one of our forwards misses a chance, MBappe missed 2 and Neymar 1 in the opening 15 minutes of the Champions League final

Fine them a months wages...how bloody dare they!

teesred
1st December 2020, 10:42 PM
Mane probably having his poorest spell for us at the moment. Fatigue or whatever it is he looks off the pace.

RedNoodle
Arrrggghhhh!!!!! Should have been 2-0.

3underpar
Beautiful from Salah to bobby but saved by Onana

Nineteenx
Hendo's been creator supreme this half, he's set up about 4 chances that should have been taken

miller0863
How on earth haven’t we put this to bed

RedNoodle
1st December 2020, 10:43 PM
Mane probably having his poorest spell for us at the moment. Fatigue or whatever it is he looks off the pace.

As I said earlier, I was going to post that even after a few minutes it looked (and has done for a while) as if he's running on empty.

CCTV
1st December 2020, 10:43 PM
Nice play Salah lays it in to Firmino, Onana saves well

Steveo
1st December 2020, 10:44 PM

We need him so badly - especially now. That forward line is not scoring much - Jota apart.

Hopefully a lull before the storm. Need a fab 4 again..

RedNoodle
FFS Mo!!!

I hope we're not going to suffer once more as a result of our profligacy in front of goal.

miller0863
The finishing has actually been pathetic from us tonight absolutely pathetic

Nineteenx
1st December 2020, 10:46 PM
I know we're used to our forwards wasting a few chances, but they should have scored 5 or 6 tonight

3underpar
God damn Mo c’mon

Steveo
What a keeper..!

miller0863
Again, no shot on target. Awful

RedNoodle
Good save Kelleher!!!

3underpar
Kelleher keeps the win alive

Nineteenx
1st December 2020, 10:47 PM
Rhys Williams on for Mo

CCTV
1st December 2020, 10:47 PM
Mane & Salah break but its spurned.

Kelleher with a big save

RedNoodle
1st December 2020, 10:49 PM
Henderson is booked.

Nineteenx
1st December 2020, 10:50 PM
Henderson is booked.

An excellent take one for the team booking

RedNoodle
1st December 2020, 10:50 PM
Mane also gets booked for a flailing arm.

teesred
1st December 2020, 10:51 PM
I'm impressed with how assured Kelleher has been. Hes done well so long may it continue.

Steveo
An excellent take one for the team booking

Let’s call it a World class booking :D

CCTV
Hendo takes a yellow for his efforts

Kelleher with a good catch

vin
Good COVID be affecting Mane?

Steveo
1st December 2020, 10:52 PM
Job done. Good win - all hail Jones and Kelleher.

We qualify top.

The future

RedNoodle
1st December 2020, 10:52 PM
FT 1-0

Job done. Just about.

LEGS
1st December 2020, 10:53 PM
Winners of the group play a total reserve team next week a much needed a rest for all.

justme
1st December 2020, 10:53 PM
Not at all comfortable, but will take that.. Into the knock out stages and thats all that counts.

Nineteenx
1st December 2020, 10:54 PM
Up the bum job done, rest the entire team for the last game, Kelleher was excellent, Neco much better, decisive, did things quicker

As ever all the focus on the next game, getting the win and another vital 3 points

teesred
Sound. Topped the group. Who plays next week? Cant play the kids as we need them all for the first team? Squadlolz.

miller0863
Motm Neco Williams, excellent game, not once caught out of position, capped it all off with an excellent assist.

Balinkay
I'll take it! Some great stuff going forward, should have had a couple more.

A bit shaky at the back but just about enough for a 1-0 win.

jr81
Winners of the group play a total reserve team next week a much needed a rest for all.

100% and given our game means nothing there should be no out cry from the media of disrespecting the competition. Play all the kids..

Steveo
1st December 2020, 10:55 PM
Good COVID be affecting Mane?

He looked on fire earlier in the season but he does go through these spells. All players do.

Balinkay
1st December 2020, 10:55 PM
Motm Neco Williams, excellent game, not once caught out of position, capped it all off with an excellent assist.

Did the goalie just not bother or did he realise he couldn't get to it?

Steveo
1st December 2020, 10:56 PM

There is a good player in there I tells ya. Klopp has put faith in him - he just needs to back himself.

CCTV
Full time
Atalanta 1-1 Midjies

LFC 1-0 Ajax

Qualified as group toppers after 5 games - BOOM

Clean sheet for Kelleher - BOOM

A goal from midfield laid on by Jones - BOOM

Neco with a perfect assist - BOOM

LFC vs PFC
Keep your phones on lads, I reckon any of us could get a call up for the final match of the group with everyone else rested.

southernboy
1st December 2020, 10:57 PM
Good to see some game management from us in the last 10 minutes. Something I think we’ve been lacking in recent seasons.

Curtis Jones had a great game, and I’m over the moon for Neco Williams... You could see what it meant to him and Klopp. He’s obviously feeling the pressure.

faridtoxteth
1st December 2020, 10:57 PM
Great team performance all round. Curtis Jones and Kelleher, really happy for them, and Neco for a solid performance and an assist! However would just like to single out Fabinho who was absolutely sensational all night.

miller0863
1st December 2020, 11:00 PM
No cheating twat on VAR to take it from us tonight, or any night so far in Europe.

Not the greatest overall performance but the three Academy boys were absolutely terrific.

The front three made that way tougher than it should have been. We really should have won that comfortably by 3 or 4, our finishing was just shocking.

Nineteenx
1st December 2020, 11:02 PM
He looked on fire earlier in the season but he does go through these spells. All players do.

Jurgen played him out of form, no ifs no buts, but he's still been absolutely crucial even when not scoring, tonight though Schuurs just defended against him brilliantly, as he did in the first game when Mane was on fire, we should sign that lad up in January, not seen anyone defend Mane as well

miller0863
1st December 2020, 11:03 PM
Looked like the keeper thought it was going straight out, Bali

miller0863
1st December 2020, 11:11 PM
We have conceded 2 goals in 5 Champions League game that’s pretty damn impressive

ianlfc
1st December 2020, 11:12 PM
Happiest I've been with a result all season.

All hail big Quaver !!

Insidious
1st December 2020, 11:13 PM
We have conceded 2 goals in 5 Champions League game that’s pretty damn impressive

Hopefully Villa don't finish Top Four any time soon :lol:

Steveo
1st December 2020, 11:14 PM
Jurgen played him out of form, no ifs no buts, but he's still been absolutely crucial even when not scoring, tonight though Schuurs just defended against him brilliantly, as he did in the first game when Mane was on fire, we should sign that lad up in January, not seen anyone defend Mane as well

Klopp has tinkered - has had to though to be fair - injuries have mounted.

Shuurs did look good

RedNoodle
1st December 2020, 11:16 PM
Happiest I've been with a result all season.

All hail big Quaver !!

Floaty light!!!

miller0863
1st December 2020, 11:18 PM
Schuurs looked to have everything tonight, would be an excellent addition for the suggested £27m.

Nineteenx
1st December 2020, 11:19 PM

Shuurs did look good

I was made up when I saw the alleged interest after the first game, never seen any defender play Mane that well, tonight I wanted to see if he'd repeat it, and he didn't disappoint, if he does have a 25m buy out clause we should definitely snap him up in January

jozza800
1st December 2020, 11:20 PM
Big thumbs up for Neco. He was horrendous against both Atalanta and Brighton but didn't put a foot wrong tonight.

ianlfc
1st December 2020, 11:20 PM
Floaty light!!!

Imagine bring named after a big bag of crisps and keeping a cleansheet at Anfield.

Nineteenx
1st December 2020, 11:22 PM
Big thumbs up for Neco. He was horrendous against both Atalanta and Brighton but didn't put a foot wrong tonight.

I think someone must have had a word, he kept things simple tonight and it's his first ever game in a red shirt he's done that and not wanted too long on the ball or tried stupid things in stupid areas, if he continues keeping things simple he'll do alright on that performance

RedNoodle
1st December 2020, 11:22 PM
Imagine bring named after a big bag of crisps and keeping a cleansheet at Anfield.

It makes a change from our players being made of biscuits.

Crumbs!!!

miller0863
1st December 2020, 11:23 PM
That was an incredibly mature midfield performance from 19 year old Curtis Jones.

ianlfc
1st December 2020, 11:26 PM
Floaty light!!!

That was an incredibly mature midfield performance from 19 year old Curtis Jones.

Jack Grealish has a Curtis Jones poster up on his bedroom wall.

SydneyLFC
1st December 2020, 11:36 PM
Solid performance by all but the front 3 - Salah huffed and puffed. Mane fell over... a lot. Diego on the periphery. Curtis MOTM - Gini close.

Nineteenx
1st December 2020, 11:39 PM
I don't rate that AJax keeper, never have, he always has a huge error in him

miller0863
1st December 2020, 11:45 PM
Neco was coached through the game brilliantly by Hendo, you could hear him all through the game talking to him. When he played the ball back to him for the goal, he shouted “put it in” and that’s exactly what he did.

CCTV
1st December 2020, 11:46 PM

Shuurs did look good

Was Jones's finish better than Maradona's equaliser v Italy in 86 ?

CCTV
1st December 2020, 11:48 PM
Solid performance by all but the front 3 - Salah huffed and puffed. Mane fell over... a lot. Diego on the periphery. Curtis MOTM - Gini close.

Kelleher no1, Jones second

Nineteenx
1st December 2020, 11:52 PM
Neco was coached through the game brilliantly by Hendo, you could hear him all through the game talking to him. When he played the ball back to him for the goal, he shouted “put it in” and that’s exactly what he did.

It did him good, in every performance prior to tonight's him not putting the ball in when he gets it in those positions has driven me insane, he kept it simple and cut out the stupid stuff trying to dribble past 3 or 4 players near our own box and played quite a few stock balls down the line for Mo to chase instead and 2 or 3 nice switches and put the ball in when you'd expect him to as well

Kev0909
1st December 2020, 11:57 PM
I really hope we don't play a top side early, hopefully more players back and the team more back to themselves...

hopefully coming 1st will help that

and those that don't say we get any luck, not every day a goalkeeper has a horrorshow

Looks like we've got a new number #2 and rightly so, adrians days are probably numbered

miller0863
2nd December 2020, 12:14 AM
Jurgen said he put him in for his footballing ability. That’s finally acknowledging Adrian is hopeless with the ball at his feet.

teesred
2nd December 2020, 06:30 AM
I really hope we don't play a top side early, hopefully more players back and the team more back to themselves...

hopefully coming 1st will help that

and those that don't say we get any luck, not every day a goalkeeper has a horrorshow

Looks like we've got a new number #2 and rightly so, adrians days are probably numbered

Totally agree. Despite playing a good second half we would have been beaten soundly by one of the better sides in that first half where we were second to everything and everyone. We now have plenty of time to get players fit and hopefully recruit in January.
Schuurs will go for way more than 27m.

Nineteenx
2nd December 2020, 09:57 AM
Totally agree. Despite playing a good second half we would have been beaten soundly by one of the better sides in that first half where we were second to everything and everyone. We now have plenty of time to get players fit and hopefully recruit in January.
Schuurs will go for way more than 27m.

I thought he had a release clause

teesred
2nd December 2020, 11:45 AM
I thought he had a release clause

Ah right. Didnt know that. Seems a steal at that price but I've only seen him in the 2 games against LFC.

Kev0909
2nd December 2020, 01:47 PM
Anyone else thinking we're looking light in midfield teams are bossing us more, since fabinho isn't there?

I know certain people aren't a fan of him but yeah, i think we do miss him in midfield

needs must though.

skyebo
2nd December 2020, 01:50 PM
Anyone else thinking we're looking light in midfield teams are bossing us more, since fabinho isn't there?

I know certain people aren't a fan of him but yeah, i think we do miss him in midfield

needs must though.

I would play him there against Wolves, and bring Philips in. Only for injuries the Henderson Fabinho and Wijnaldum midfield is what Klopp prefers.

Nineteenx
2nd December 2020, 05:42 PM

needs must though.

We looked light last night because our midfield were constantly outnumbered as Bobby wasn't there dropping in, that lightness changed as soon as Bobby came on

Fabinho at CM Atletico, Watford, Burnley, UAE FC, Villa, 4 crushing defeats and a dismal draw, then other games like West Ham and Chelsea where we shipped 2 or more goals having not conceded at all or only the odd goal a game over about 20 games without him.

Since the evolution of our midfield's play in his absence Fabinho has been a disaster at CM as it has become rather than DM he played first season, don't take my word for it, go and check out our record with him at CM since his return last season, it is absolutely abysmal

Steveo
2nd December 2020, 05:51 PM
Game changed a little after the goal - before Bobby came on - Ajax had been on top and fell behind.... Quelle Surprise.

Personally I am happy for Bobby to supplement the midfield - that is where he does so much for us...BUT Jota goes up top then in the 9. It is going to happen

miller0863
2nd December 2020, 05:52 PM
At City did we go out all guns blazing in a definite 4-2-4 or was it more 4-2-3-1 ?

Steveo
2nd December 2020, 05:56 PM
It was flexible - but boy did it work. Yes it was a bit risky but when it clicks - we are going to literally rip someone to bits.. 7 or 8...

Nineteenx
2nd December 2020, 11:08 PM
At City did we go out all guns blazing in a definite 4-2-4 or was it more 4-2-3-1 ?

It was the 4312/433 where our more attacking mid makes the 3 if Bobby's deeper or joins the front 3 from deeper, Jota started at RCM and played that role in that one

At Wolves because they counter a lot Jota played a lot deeper when they were defending, like an orthodox LM or LCM a lot of the time, he's the best suited of all our forwards to play a LCM or RCM role if/when we got with all four

It makes perfect sense to me at least because he's scored most of his goals for us being found with runs from a little deeper, behind Mane and Mo, we don't lose our constant runs in behind from them and Jota's also great at making outside in runs between the lines to be found between the opposition midfield and defence,, a lot better than Mane or Mo or any of our more attacking mids at it, so for me if/when we play all 4 that's the best way to use them as it's playing to all their strengths

Steveo
2nd December 2020, 11:25 PM
Yep Salah and Bobby were most often the more advanced in that first half ( especially Salah ) - personally I would just have our front 3 as normal but push Jota through the middle as he was in Bergamo and you have a front line that will hurt teams. Not saying it is without risk BUT we are dropping like flies. That 4 will occupy teams - peg them back and protect our defensive 3rd.

Just my take but think it would work in plenty of games - we could see a return to big scoring again. That takes the pressure off midfield and defence. We have had to concentrate so much over the last 2 years - be nice to just blow a few teams away and get a mental and physical rest.

Nineteenx
2nd December 2020, 11:34 PM
I'm still really pissed off at the complete stitch up against the bitters and that it's not only deprived us of Virgil and 2 more points, but we've also been missing Thiago ever since too

Against Brighton some twat in Stockley gets the ref to award a pen that was never a pen, had VAR done its job properly and Prickford been sent off Richarlieson never makes that tackle

We should sue the cunts for endangering player safety on those grounds

vin
3rd December 2020, 10:44 AM
I'm still really pissed off at the complete stitch up against the bitters and that it's not only deprived us of Virgil and 2 more points, but we've also been missing Thiago ever since too

Against Brighton some twat in Stockley gets the ref to award a pen that was never a pen, had VAR done its job properly and Prickford been sent off Richarlieson never makes that tackle

We should sue the cunts for endangering player safety on those grounds

The technology was meant to resolve all the contention around refs decision in football, it's made it markedly worse. And the game is worse off for it.

Can't even celebrate a goal properly (or at all)

I even think the goal line decision system is a bit shit at times. E.g. Bobby v Leicester? The "goal" against City a couple of seasons back. 15mm??? Fuck off

skyebo
3rd December 2020, 11:01 AM
The technology was meant to resolve all the contention around refs decision in football, it's made it markedly worse. And the game is worse off for it.

Can't even celebrate a goal properly (or at all)

I even think the goal line decision system is a bit shit at times. E.g. Bobby v Leicester? The "goal" against City a couple of seasons back. 15mm??? Fuck off

There's nothing wrong with the goal line technology, it's instant and correct at all times. It even shows where the ball drops, so no-one can argue with it.

vin
3rd December 2020, 11:20 AM
There's nothing wrong with the goal line technology, it's instant and correct at all times. It even shows where the ball drops, so no-one can argue with it.

I know. But I actually think the rule is wrong. Technically the image below is not a goal - that pisses me off. Even if it was ruled out against us (i.e. the oppo scoring)

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/11/22/22/35979896-0-image-a-3_1606083670995.jpg

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/11/22/22/35979896-0-image-a-3_1606083670995.jpg

teesred
3rd December 2020, 11:47 AM
I know. But I actually think the rule is wrong. Technically the image below is not a goal - that pisses me off. Even if it was ruled out against us (i.e. the oppo scoring)

Personally I dont have an issue with Hawkeye, its black n white. Theres no grey area or misinterpretation. VAR on the other hand is now being abused and seems to me that the premier league are gradually sneaking it in for things they shouldn't. The pen against us last week being an example, the VAR team like a snitch had a word in the refs ear to look at it when there wasnt any need to in my book. I'd like to see one of the refs have the balls to say no to them.
The linesman will be redundant very soon as theres no need for them to be there.

ianlfc
3rd December 2020, 11:49 AM
Am I imaging things or did the rule years ago used to be only half the ball needed to be over the line ?

Balinkay
3rd December 2020, 11:53 AM
Am I imaging things or did the rule years ago used to be only half the ball needed to be over the line ?

Must have been a while back - it's always been full ball since I've been around I think.

Steveo
3rd December 2020, 12:55 PM

I had assumed it was ever since 1863

vin
3rd December 2020, 01:31 PM
Personally I dont have an issue with Hawkeye, its black n white. Theres no grey area or misinterpretation. VAR on the other hand is now being abused and seems to me that the premier league are gradually sneaking it in for things they shouldn't. The pen against us last week being an example, the VAR team like a snitch had a word in the refs ear to look at it when there wasnt any need to in my book. I'd like to see one of the refs have the balls to say no to them.
The linesman will be redundant very soon as theres no need for them to be there.

I'm kind of arguing against myself here I understand the binary nature of hawk eye but I still think that example above should count as a goal :)

skyebo
3rd December 2020, 02:00 PM
I'm kind of arguing against myself here I understand the binary nature of hawk eye but I still think that example above should count as a goal :)

Why ? The whole of the ball isn't over the lines, they are the rules. Your example was much nearer to a goal than Geoff Hurst's was in the 66 World Cup Final. How that was given as a goal i have no idea.

Steveo
3rd December 2020, 02:20 PM
Why ? The whole of the ball isn't over the lines, they are the rules. Your example was much nearer to a goal than Geoff Hurst's was in the 66 World Cup Final. How that was given as a goal i have no idea.

Come on Skye... You must surely have an inkling as to why that World Cup final goal was given...?

justme
3rd December 2020, 02:23 PM
Its a shame this technology wasnt available in the fa-cup final against Chelsea when King Kenny was the manager..I still say to this day the ball was over the line from the Carrol header

Steveo
3rd December 2020, 02:28 PM
Its a shame this technology wasnt available in the fa-cup final against Chelsea when King Kenny was the manager..I still say to this day the ball was over the line from the Carrol header

Probably glad it was t around in 2005 though eh..?

Balinkay
3rd December 2020, 02:28 PM

There's an urban legend that the linesman was from the USSR. When asked on his deathbed why he gave the goal he answered with a single word "Stalingrad". :D

Balinkay
3rd December 2020, 02:29 PM

Wouldn't it have then been a red card and penalty against Cech? I'd almost rather take that. :D

justme
3rd December 2020, 02:30 PM

Not so, Jose until this day Jose goes mental about that.. But if you review that incident. Just look at the ref he was about to award a penalty and send Chech off. So Chelsea got away with it more than we did.

Steveo
3rd December 2020, 02:32 PM
Wouldn't it have then been a red card and penalty against Cech? I'd almost rather take that. :D

Certainly wouldn't rather take it now - that goal got us the win. A Red card and a penalty would need VAR not Hawkeye - and wouldn't have guaranteed a win.

Steveo
3rd December 2020, 02:33 PM
Not so, Jose until this day Jose goes mental about that.. But if you review that incident. Just look at the ref he was about to award a penalty and send Chech off. So Chelsea got away with it more than we did.

Hang on - SO you would happily take that over the goal and the win???? I thought we were talking specifically about goal line technology?